Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

296 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

OneGuard is a good place to go. For as much as I've been with them, they've done good. They will do what they're supposed to do and they get claims done when they're supposed to. It doesn't take long either. I always call and talk to somebody when I submit a claim. And the representatives have answered all my questions. They've gotten the job done right and I'm happy with them. A company would call me back in about 48 hours then they would come out and do the work. The contractor OneGuard sent out was good too. They knew what they were doing and they told me what I would need to do if the issue happens. They've done a great job and everything's been going great since then.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

When I moved into my house the circuit breaker in two rooms would pop and one light switch was not working. I used the home warranty and paid their $69 fee. They came out and said the breakers are faulty and needed to be replaced as well as the light switch. OneGuard said they would not pay for the light switch because it was automated (only will pay for a “standard switch”). OneGuard said they would only cover the one circuit breaker for one room too. So now when plugging anything into that room another breaker will pop. They refuse to fix this. The electrician said multiple breakers need replaced but OneGuard will not cover.

I’m am currently having to pay $69 again for them to send somebody out again because the random popping of circuit breakers they believe is “a new work order” even though clearly related. I also bought the light switch from Home Depot for $45 and had it installed myself. Very disappointing. I’m in the military and move often and not had a warranty company tell technicians to specifically not fix something they find wrong just so they can charge the homeowner $69 again and again. The hardest thing about moving in the military is you don’t know anybody where you move and have nobody you can trust to fix things and not take advantage of you. Just when you live in a place long enough to find people you can trust you get moved again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have had OneGuard as my home warranty for a little over 6 years. They have gone out of their way on more than one occasion to make it an excellent experience. Any issue I have ever had has been the length of time it takes for a vendor to be able to come to the house, and even those times, OG has made a number of calls to get someone out as quickly as possible. Ivan ** and everyone at OneGuard are proud of their warranty company (as they should be, it's the best coverage I found in all of my research) and it shows. I highly recommend them!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jennifer, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such incredible testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 6 years and Ivan! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and Ivan was very happy to offer his personal assistance, and appreciated the opportunity to help. We have also shared your rave review with Ivan and you really made his day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again, and congratulations on the sale of your home! Please know we truly value your many years of business and recommendations, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

As a Real estate Broker, I have sold over 75 OneGuard Home Warranties in the past 20 months. I believe in the company and they are truly one of the BEST Home Warranty companies out there. When it came time for my own Personal Home to get a home Warranty, I was told I was not able to receive a discount or anything off the price of my personal home Warranty. Pretty unfair seeing that I am on the front line of sales for this company!!! I am no longer eager to recommend OneGuard to my home buying clients. I let them make their own choice. I have zero incentive to continue to push this home Warranty.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Donna, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. We truly value your business and referrals, and we apologize for the frustration. The pricing on your existing OneGuard warranty reflects a real estate transaction, and the pricing on this type of plan is discounted. Upon renewal, the price generally increases. In your situation, as a realtor, if you renew your OneGuard warranty, you will still receive a discount. We have also noted the account to show you have an agent plan. Please know we sincerely hope this information helps and that we have the opportunity to continue to serve you and your clients. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

When I first bought my house, the seller included a one-year warranty for free from Allied Home Warranty. During that year, a small little thing happened with my air conditioner that got taken care of. I just kept it mainly for the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong with my appliances, my water heater, plumbing or the different things that it covers, I would be covered and I would only have to pay a $60 fee versus having to pay for the full amount. Eventually, OneGuard took over and I was sent a letter saying that OneGuard would be my provider going forward.

OneGuard's website is easier to navigate. It's more user-friendly and I like the information that I get when I log in. I can see the previous claims and what were done with it. I also like OneGuard's process better than Allied. It's easier to process a claim and the communication I've gotten in regards to the service request was better. With the seven claims in the whole six years that I've had a warranty with Allied, it happened very often where they didn't have a service provider in my area. So, they would authorize self-service where I could pick my own company. The problem with self-service is you have to pay for the entire thing upfront and you have to wait about eight weeks to get reimbursed. And that's one thing I did not like with Allied.

So far, I've only had one claim with OneGuard and my interaction with their rep was nice and smooth. The rep was very professional and very friendly. Luckily, they had a contractor for my air conditioning issue. It was completely out and the technician went out there quickly, fixed it the first time and got me back up and running again. He did a great job. The air conditioning has been working perfectly since then. I was very happy with the technician and I hope that if anything happens again, they'd be the company that would go out there to fix it. Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Home warranties have been beneficial for me and I chose OneGuard because of what one of my co-workers told me. You can file a claim online, but I always call in and it's easy. I had several call-ins because I had several problems going back and back, and the reps have been nice. The contractor was good as well. They come do their job and they’re gone. They’re very professional and they keep it that way.

I’m very pleased with the services and when I call, they come right out. Within four hours, somebody calls, but I am contacted through email because I’m at work and I can’t keep my phone on me. When I checked my email, I saw that they already set up an appointment to come out, so that worked perfectly for me because I didn't have to play phone tag. OneGuard is excellent and everything is good and right with the repairs too.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Loretta, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 3 years! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A home warranty is a good thing to have when you’re buying a house. I had another home warranty company that OneGuard bought out. We just transferred over. The claim I’ve submitted with OneGuard was taken care of really well. I did it over the phone and it was very easy. I told the rep what my problem was, and she said she would send somebody out. I was very happy with the contractor. My problem happened on a Saturday. It was a leak, and I was afraid that I couldn’t even get anybody until Monday. So, I called on Friday and the contractor had the issue fixed by Monday morning. I had a good experience with OneGuard.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My landlord has a contract with OneGuard and as a tenant I called OneGuard to report an outdoor pipe leak. I had the pleasure of working with the most helpful and thorough individual, Cynthia **. Cynthia was caring, personable, and thorough. She waited for me to email photos and she made sure to understand the precise source of the problem, then emailed the repair company the images and issue at hand. Cynthia also was thorough in ensuring that I had permission, as a new tenant, to request OneGuard's services. She placed me on hold and reached out to the landlord in order to confirm that it was ok for me to request services. I happen to be friends with the landlord, so of course, he and I appreciated that very much.

I cannot say enough about the personable service that Cynthia provided. She made me smile and made me feel like there was a caring "human" on the other end, as opposed to feeling like a number. It made me think that OneGuard must be a good company in order to keep good people like her on staff. (And by the way, it was a Sunday. She sure had an amazing attitude for working on a Sunday). Thank you, Cynthia! I hope you are treated as good as you treat the customers.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jennifer, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your positive memorable service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Cynthia! Your situation was extremely important to Cynthia and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we have also shared your rave review with Cynthia and she loved the positive feedback, and appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I had the warranty with OneGuard when I bought the house two years ago and it seemed like a good program, so I stayed with them. When I submit my claims, I could go online or call, but I prefer to call. It has been an easy process and my interactions with their reps have been very helpful. The contractors who came out were very professional as well. They did an excellent job and they didn’t try to con me. So far, I'm very pleased with my experience and I would recommend OneGuard.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We purchased a house and the seller provided a dollar amount for a home warranty. I searched, found OneGuard and they meet expectations. We had an electrical issue and I had someone come out and take a look at it. My wife was present when the contractor arrived and the repair was done just as we had expected it to be done.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Thomas, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We have had OneGuard for 6 years now and couldn't be more pleased. Just renewed for another year. Service is outstanding. Every single request was quickly acted on and resolved. I had other companies in the past, but none anywhere close to OneGuard. Cannot more highly recommend this company.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Richard, Wow! Thank you so much for the incredible 5 star review regarding your service experiences over the last 6 years with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and high recommendation, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I've been a OneGuard customer for as long as I've been a homeowner. I bought an older home and the first year of the home warranty was paid for by the previous owners of the property. I used it several times that first year and when I realized how much money I was saving, I continued. I've also looked at other companies and their coverage isn’t as comprehensive.

Submitting a claim with OneGuard is very easy. They have flowed along with the advancement of technology, allowing for online booking and even making a payment with a credit card on file. The contract is clear as far as what I can expect and what's not covered. Their reps are always available and extremely friendly. It's very easy to get in touch with somebody. It's a fair and dependable service and overall, a good value for the money. I would tell friends that if they need a home warranty, OneGuard would be the best company to go to.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

OneGuard was our only option for a home warranty when we bought our house. Thus far, getting people out to our place to handle our claims has been easy. However, what is covered by the warranty has been an issue. We were having issues with our faucet outside. Something broke in it during the freeze but then our warranty didn't cover any of that. OneGuard let me know right off the bat that it wasn't covered. Even so, their reps have been good for the most part.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

The Realtor that we bought the house from introduced us to OneGuard and we’ve been dealing with them for about 15 years now. Back then, it was a lot cheaper and everything was done between OneGuard and the property management. I was never contacted unless it was something major. Right now, I have a bill from OneGuard for a service call which was taken out already through my property management so that’s an issue that I have to call on. It's like the two of them are not communicating for some reason. In the past, I’ve never had a problem with OneGuard taking care of anything, but it seems likely that this last year the new property management hasn’t been taking care of it like they should. Overall, OneGuard is a good and reputable service. I have a positive experience with them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We were sold a home warranty during the sale process for our new home. We had a few things noted during the inspection period which looked like they might become a problem in the short term, so the realtor made the seller pay for the first year of the home warranty service from OneGuard, and told me that we could count on them to solve our problems if one developed. Shortly after moving into our new home, an exhaust fan in our garage went bad. It's a small fan that pulls air through the garage to keep it cooler (we live in Arizona). Not much different than an exhaust fan under the hood of the range, or in the bathroom (bigger than a bathroom exhaust, but about the same size as in a big range like a Viking).

I called OneGuard and they said "You're in luck, that's covered. Exhaust fans are covered as long as they work only in one area, and they aren't meant for the whole house as in an attic fan." They called the company to do the repair, and that guy called me by phone and asked a couple of questions and then never came out. Turns out he had called back to OneGuard and they "re-thought" the decision about my fan, and declined going forward with a repair. Their excuse? "Well, it's more like an attic fan or a whole house fan, and we don't cover those." As I said, it's only in one room (my garage) and so that's blatantly not true. It has no effect on my whole house, and it's not in an attic.

I called Better Business Bureau and reported them. They lied to the BBB and told them that they had dispatched someone to my home for an inspection, and that it was a non-covered style of fan. That was just not true. No one ever took any notice of my fan. I had a 2 or 3 minute call from the electrician they called and he said that I needed a mechanical contractor, not an electrician, and he called them and told them that. I have never worked with such a group of people in the past, who are prepared to lie or do anything they can to support their 'verdict'... You will not be satisfied if you buy from OneGuard, and I hope this story serves as a warning if you are considering a home warranty.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dave, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know the service contractor contacted OneGuard Authorization, advising he spoke with you directly upon receiving the service request for clarification. He stated that you told him the item in question is a garage exhaust system, designed to remove heat from the garage. The unit is installed in the wall of the garage, equipped with an 18 to 20 inch fan blade, thermostat, and duct-work. Based on this description, he informed OneGuard that he does not work on this type of exhaust system. Please note in accordance with the terms and conditions of the service contract, we have informed you that attic fans and whole-house fans are not covered. At this point, we are awaiting information from you to demonstrate an exhaust fan comparable to what is installed in a bathroom or Viking range hood. Thank you again for your consideration. We look forward to receiving your information and will follow up accordingly. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have had 2 experiences with OneGuard during my first year and both were handled very quickly and professionally! Thank you for finding first rate service people to handle any homeowner problem! One was AC related during a monsoon storm and the other was a plumbing issue with leaking water which were both taken care of right away! I would highly recommend this quality and professional Company and those that they contract with!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear G. Gallo, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and the testimony you provide is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we truly value your business and recommendation, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Submitting a claim with OneGuard seems smooth and it is very easy to do online. Also, the claims reps over the phone provide good service. The contractors who have come out are professional and good in doing what we needed done. So, I would recommend OneGuard and I'd tell others to look into them and see if they have any packages that would suit their needs.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mairelis, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to make the process hassle free, and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you when creating service requests online and also with our with our phone representatives. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your past business and recommendation, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Although I have OneGuard, I have another warranty company. However, if I could switch it to OneGuard, I certainly would. My experience with them has been superior. I have rentals and my renters talk with OneGuard. There has been a couple of hiccups since I’ve used OneGuard but nothing glaring. It was a he-said-she-said type of thing. As a homeowner myself, when I need a plumber or an electrician, I’d be lucky to get one because they’re so damn busy. With OneGuard, when you call, you get a response the same day. And typically, they’re out there within 48 hours which is unheard of. They are very courteous, friendly, helpful, prompt, and efficient and fast.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rob, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star rating and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help. We are also available 24/7, 365 days a year, to offer our personal assist if you experience any hiccups with any of your service requests. Please know we truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

OneGuard took over our policy with Allied. We tried to schedule a heater check (provided in Allied's contract) in September before the policy expiration but OneGuard will not do it until October, which is after our policy expires. We do not plan to renew because the one AC check we had was done very poorly and we even paid for that service call. Two other repairs needed during our first year were not covered under the policy. If you're considering a home warranty policy, read it very carefully and plan on getting less than it says. I'm sorry we paid for the first year but we will not repeat the mistake.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carl, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard Home Warranties the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret that our efforts of assistance have not been successful. Although your contract with Allied was going to expire, we offered to create a service request on your behalf for the heating system tune-up. Please note if you choose to renew the contract and repairs are needed, OneGuard will repair or replace selected covered items that breakdown as a result of normal wear-and-tear conditions. Thank you again for your consideration. We sincerely hope this information helps. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I'm still trying to have them reconsider their denial decision but it has been 2 weeks of nightmares. I’ve had 2 independent a/c contractors come check my a/c to have 2nd and 3rd opinions and they agree that the main leak in my upstairs a/c is due to wear and tear, but Speedy a/c, the contractor the insurance company sent, is saying the leak is coming from the part of the unit at our backyard (the condenser), there is some deterioration in that part (first they said due to dog urinating there over time, then they changed their story saying it was from water damage from the sprinkler head close it. The sprinkler does not hit it, and if it was from the dog, it had to be from prior owner's dog because our dog doesn't pee there and we've only been in this house for 3 months - they should cover it at least under the no-fault clause in our contract).

I've escalated my claims complain to their costumer relationship department and the rep Andrea who's helping me is now telling me that to have Speedy come back to the house to look for leaks in the evaporator coil (part in the attic) would be ANOTHER CLAIM! I asked her to reconsider - it should be consider a “recall,” she said she went back to our call when I filed the claim and I said the problem is in the part of the unit at the backyard (was making a noise or something so my husband called our regular a/c guy and he suggested we turned it off).

It is so ridiculous that they would not check for leaks in the part of the unit in the attic and that Andrea would say that because I mentioned the condenser they only checked that. Which is also not true, my husband was home when they came, and Speedy spent a while in our attic, so I called them and rude lady who answered the phone said they only checked for compatibility and not for leaks in the evaporated coil (attic) because they already found a massive leak in the condenser that wouldn't be covered anyway.

One of the other a/c company I consulted, said the condenser has a minor leak and the major leak is in the evaporated coil and due to wear and tear, and the other a/c contractor said he didn't see any signs of leaking in the condenser and that the leak must be in the evaporated coil. They basically both agreed. I've spent so much time now talking to Andrea, going in circles, emailing her proof, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet from my last email yesterday. I am considering arbitration because their contract basically says you can't sue them, but of course arbitration is costly and time-consuming. Aurghhh... I'm just so mad and disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Middle of my fourth year with them. The most honest and forthright of them all and I have researched them. I have had so much as falsified contracts from others. Be careful. OneGuard does exactly what they say and when they say it will happen. I will be with them as long as I am a homeowner.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carl, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and the positive testimony you provide is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we truly value your continued business and loyalty, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We bought the house a couple of months ago and the real estate agent knew about five warranty companies. She said that she did not wanna go on the line to recommend one over the other but that she didn't know of anybody that had a problem with OneGuard and that her customers had the best experience with OneGuard over others. So we signed up with them.

With the first little go-around we had with OneGuard, we had a thermostat issue and we didn't realize we were going to pay a $70 service fee to have it fixed. Then three weeks later, the air conditioner messed up again and we had to pay another $70. But it turned out that the real problem was the air conditioning unit was going out. So I called OneGuard the second time and their reps were typing my claim in to Grace Air to come fix it as we were having our conversation and me giving them my credit card. And by the time I got off the phone reporting, I had Grace Air calling me and saying they had a service technician in the area. So we had a technician there in 40 minutes.

The next day, by noon, we had a new 5 Ton air conditioning unit and it cost me $1,000. I'm not sure what that was for but I was certainly happy to have a brand new $4,500 air conditioning unit sitting there. I was gonna have to pay $950 to Grace Air to reposition the unit on a new pad but we just put it right back where it was. The property line is so close to our retaining wall that there is nothing else you can do but put air conditioning unit right back where it was. That the air conditioner works great now and we're totally pleased with how Grace Air bent over backwards to get a unit in quickly for us, knowing how hot it is in Texas at this time. It was 103 outside when that happened and it was over the Labor Day weekend when we had guests coming in, but they had us cooled off by the afternoon.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dennis, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your recent service experience for the air conditioning system! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to help. Please note the out of pocket expense was for items not covered by the contract which included code modifications and a new foundation for the unit. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have had 2 claims in 15 months, both for a/c unit repairs and both in August, they started out with the same treatment, weeks between inspection appointments, no follow-up if not initiated by me. The second claim was worse, they took 4 weeks between multiple patch-job attempts to fix the problem and eventually sent the electrician out with 1/2 the parts needed. When that (of course) did not solve the issue, the next step with the other 1/2 the parts cost me $550 in parts for them to complete the repair. Either no a/c or pay $550 more than I paid for the warranty and the service call. BTW they replaced a $7500 Trane unit with $895 generic unit that uses 2x the energy to run. At least nothing was stolen in the process (except my cash).

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Bill, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our follow up and efforts of assistance. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret the frustration you experienced and timeframe involved. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the contract, and the additional expense you incurred for the air conditioning repairs applied to items not covered by the agreement. Please know we have honored your request and canceled the warranty. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We have had OneGuard Home Warranty for several years. We moved into a new home a year ago and OneGuard offered a fabulous program for the first year which included $300 of free upgrades. We are very satisfied.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Chris, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the years! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. Please know we truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

OneGuard has been really good on some of the issues but have been atrocious on other ones. I had an ice cube cabinet that went out on the fridge about two months since I owned the house. I called up OneGuard and they sent out somebody who said that it was the ice cube mechanism and that they will put that in order and replace it. About two weeks later, the part came in and they replaced it. They told me to fire it up and that I would have ice cubes again within 36 to 48 hours.

However, seventy-two hours later, there were still no ice cubes. I called OneGuard up and asked what the problem was. They said that it was probably the RO system that feeds the ice cube maker. They sent out another appliance company and they figured out it was the $20 valve that delivers water to the ice cube maker that was on the fridge. The first appliance company that they sent out replaced the mechanism that wasn’t broken and was a total waste of time. I got a secondary company to respond to these things that the first company would have fixed it the first time around.

The most atrocious one was when I had a green pool. I saw that OneGuard had pool service. The pool guy came out and said that he can’t touch anything with our pool and that it was green. I was hoping he could help me why it was green and he said that he was not to do anything because that was gonna ruin his equipment. I asked him to at least explain to me how the pool equipment works. I paid $65 and he went through all the filters. He showed me the filter and it was clean, then he put the vac on but he didn’t thread it properly. When we turned the pool on there was water gushing out of it. He got a set of pliers and cranked it shut, but in taking out the pair of pliers and closing it, he cracked the PVC.

Two days later, the pool was running and the water was gushing everywhere. I called him up and I said that they broke something. It wasn’t the problem before because I never touched it and the tech was there and he knew it was not leaking. He told me he didn’t do it and he said that they weren’t authorized to do that, so that wasn’t their fault because they weren’t supposed to do that in the first place. I was ready to call the lawyer, but they finally did it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My friend got me in a prior warranty that we have used for several years, but something came up that they were not very nice about. There are several home warranties to choose from but my friend, who had been such a great source of information before, is now a rep for OneGuard Home Warranties, so we made the decision to go with them. I typically submit my claims online and it is very easy. Quite often, it can be at night and people are closed, so it’s easier to get the ball rolling. Their follow-up is also quick. One time when I called to submit a claim and it was filed late in the day, they returned the call the following morning. It was all good.

Then, I received the service company contact very quickly as well and they came out immediately. The contractors did a fine job and they were courteous and explained what had happened, and it was great. I have had all positive interactions with the people at OneGuard and every step of the way was made really easy, so I appreciated all of it very much.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sissy, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your recent service experience using OneGuard Home Warranties online! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My house is only about five years old and I've only owned it for the last 2 1/2 years. I'm aware about maintaining the household and what things need to be maintenanced on a regular schedule, so, I'm not one of those people that simply don't take care of my home. It was hot in the house and I called OneGuard because I wanted them to do the yearly maintenance before the spring started and before the AC started to be utilized quite frequently. So they sent a technician and the person that came out in March, He said that the coils were so dirty and filthy and that that was causing the problem. They said they were gonna have to charge me $200 just to ensure they would clean it and I told them I was paying for that once a year because you do need those coils inspected, maintenanced, and cleaned once a year at least.

After that, I experienced hotness in my house at night again so I called OneGuard back and a different company came out. They said the same thing about the coils and I pointed out to them that I called OneGuard last March and had someone out here who charged me for that. And I had to pay both times so I paid about 400 bucks for coil cleaning of an AC in less than five months which isn't normal. That kinda rubs me the wrong way and that makes no sense. So I wanted them to take before and after pictures. If they were telling me that they cois were so dirty and there was no way possible that a person in March could have cleaned it, they needed to give me proof. The tech agreed and I even talked to their business office manager who told me to give them the payment and they were gonna take care of it for me. But I did not receive any picture so I called back the business office manager. Still, I got no pictures.

I also called OneGuard multiple times asking for the pictures. I told them that I was having a trouble with this particular vendor and asked them to help me. I feel like I was defrauded and no one can give me proof. Two different companies came out in less than six months and did the exact same work. Anyone who is an AC or HVAC person knows that those coils could not accumulate that much stuff or debris in such a short period of time and during spring season. And the funny thing is, I called them on Monday and they said someone was gonna get back with me but nobody called.

I also did some of OneGuard's preventive services where the techs came out and cleaned the window and the vendor did a horrible job. I had to call them almost five to six times for them to tell that vendor to come back out and do it correctly. Then the company came back out and they did it. I was blessed to have a technician who owned up to his co-worker not cleaning it up to a certain standard.

Overall, I trust OneGuard on Facebook and I will continue to do it. But I'm going to leave them once I get all of my issues taken care of. They are a joke. There is no department that cares anything about a customer when they have a complaint about a vendor and you simply need to pay your fee to them. That is all they care about collecting. And on top of that, I don't believe in them charging my credit card for services performed. I've told them numerous times to charge it after the service is performed but they always ask to charge my credit card at the beginning. And every time, my credit card is charged before the service as soon as I hang up that phone. So, the audacity of them asking me the question and doing the exact opposite makes the experience so bad. I've never experienced anything like this from any home warranty company. Period.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Christiana, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our follow up and efforts of assistance. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we apologize for the frustration you experienced, and we sincerely hope to have effectively addressed your concerns. Please be assured we have followed up on your behalf and have provided the documentation you requested for the maintenance performed on the air conditioning system completed outside of the warranty. We are also available to answer any questions and will do what we can to help. Thank you again for your for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

A OneGuard warranty was purchased for me when I bought my new home and we had it for a year. We had one claim and they did a really good job. Their customer service was very good and I was very pleased with the rep I dealt with who was very helpful. OneGuard took care of the claim as fast as they could so I was very appreciative of that. The contractor was good too. We had to reschedule one time ‘cause we were leaving and so they came back and they were there when they said they were gonna be there. They were able to be complete the repair in one day and there were no problems since then. I recommend OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Daniel, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate the opportunity to offer you our personal assistance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and hope to serve you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I called OneGuard Home Warranties to file some claims. Then I paid the fees and they told me that they would send the technician. After that, I had to wait more than two weeks to get the technician and when he came, he refused to fix anything. He said some of my claims might have been there before I bought the house, so I had to pay for the fees for the trip and wait for them to study the inspection report. But after I did all the process and sent them the inspection report, they didn't cooperate with me and they refused to do anything from the claims I submitted. They denied everything.

I tried to follow up with them since not all of my claims were included in the inspection report but they ignored me and didn't answer my calls. I need my money back for the trip or they should give me a refund of the contract. I will not recommend OneGuard for anyone of my people again. They will take you on for long processing and end up doing nothing. You will waste your time and you will pay for the maintenance from your pocket. They are not a reliable company.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Hassan, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard Home Warranties the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our follow up phone call. Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely regret the frustration you experienced and timeframe involved to perform repairs. Please know your feedback is extremely important and helps us improve the customer service we provide. Please be assured we have spoken directly with the contractor to ensure repairs have been successfully completed on your behalf. We are also available to help if you need further assistance. Thank you again for the opportunity. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Having a warranty on my property is easier than trying to handle problems myself and I don't have anybody who would do the repairs for me, so I decided to get one. I went online and looked at the comments, then I selected OneGuard Home Warranties over the other warranty providers. Typically, OneGuard has sent me messages via email. I've been with them for quite a few years and submitting a claim with them has always been fairly easy. I've called and dealt directly with the contractor, such as the air conditioning company, and set up an appointment with them. Then they've come out usually within a few days and fixed the issue. But OneGuard normally didn't have more than one contractor available for something that I needed and I've wanted more choices. Despite that, however, the interactions that I've had with the contractors that have arrived have always been very good.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gina, Thank you so much for the positive review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 5 years! Your satisfaction is our top priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information