2. Homeowners

3.9/5 (108 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a...

Verified

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submi...

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, plan prices range from $32 per month to $59 per month. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared with the industry average, which ranges from $60 to $125. You can request a free quote from OneGuard Home Warranties to get an exact price for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I always have OneGuard come and check out the furnace and then in spring, I have them check out the air conditioning. For the furnace, I've had this one company that I always asked for, and they were training a new person. He checked everything out, but he forgot to turn the furnace back on. So I had to have him come back. But he didn't come back. They sent somebody else.

I've called OneGuard numerous times. But I did have one really lousy experience last spring. I had trouble with my dishwasher. Water with soap started coming out from under the door. So I called OneGuard the very next morning and asked for someone to come out and look at it. They sent this man and from the very beginning, I wasn't really comfortable with him. He kept on saying that it was my fault because I was using the wrong detergent but I knew I wasn't. He kept on and on and on. He said that I needed to use this dishwasher cleaner. So I said okay.

When he left, I chased all over the place trying to find this stuff. This was during COVID and it wasn't available. So I bought another detergent and used the dishwasher again and then everything was okay. But the next time I used it, the same old thing happened all over again. So I called back and this man came. He was very indignant that I'm continuing to use the wrong dishwashing detergent but I wasn't. I just got nowhere. So I finally lost patience and asked him to leave. He had a one-track mind and kept asking him to check out various parts of the dishwasher.

I called OneGuard back and they wanted to send this fellow out again. I told them there was no way that I wanted that man in my house again. So the gal found me another company and I requested that they send me someone who has an excellent history. She had one, but she said I'd have to wait 10 days. I told her that it was fine and I would do that. So I waited the time and this other fellow came out. Within 20 minutes, he had my dishwasher repaired. There was a part that was going bad so that was why it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. It had nothing to do with the dishwasher detergent. He had the part in the truck and everything was fine. But I was really disgusted with this first individual. When OneGuard emailed me a report, I put down everything that happened that I wasn't happy with and that was the end of it. But I've had many, many good experiences with OneGuard.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I signed up with a different company and had that warranty for about five years, and then it became OneGuard. Our costs doubled since then because we were paying $33 before and now it's nearly 60 bucks a month. Also, the amount that we have to pay for a visit when we schedule costs a lot more for the visit itself. It used to be $40 or $45 and now it's 60.

Most of the contractors have been good. There was just one plumber that we requested him to wear a mask when he came and he said he's vaccinated and he would not wear a mask. The reason why we asked was because my kids have high risks and they have breathing issues so it's just a precaution. Then he went out to check the water pressure and he couldn't find a higher water pressure on two of those faucets outside so he went to the one that leads to the pool directly, which in itself is not a faucet. It's something modified by the previous owner to put in some pipe to water the bushes. It's a very big outlet of water that sprays and the pressure can be increased or decreased because it goes to the pool. He used that and he claimed that the water pressure coming into the home was too high and that was the reason that all these problems were happening and that the warranty would be void if that would be the case. He was rude and unethical.

Other than that, my overall experience with all the people has been professional and they come in on time. When the cold freeze happened and then three or four months later, OneGuard was still backed up for plumbing appointments, we made an appointment for a leaky faucet, which was not connected to the thing, and we had to wait a long time for it. They need to find more vendors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sunitha of Southlake, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your complete satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and keeping premium costs competitive, and we regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

When requesting for service, the reps answer the phone good and they don't keep me on hold for an hour. They get back to me. I have to wait for the technician to call me and confirm the appointment. So, it takes a little while but it's not a bad thing. Everybody is courteous and the people that come into the house are very nice about adhering to the COVID restrictions. Overall, the experience is okay. It's just that I don't know how badly I need the service. I needed something done to the toilets, the dishwasher and something else, and I had to pay three different companies $75 to do each job. It cost me a lot of money because some of these jobs are small and they may not even cost $75 to pay somebody to do it.

OneGuard sent somebody to change the locks but the person didn't change the locks. He changed the cylinders and he only had to change two, and that cost me $75. I could have bought the locks for $30 and the cylinders for $30 and put them in myself. But other than that, OneGuard is okay and the $75 will be nothing compared to the price that you would have had to pay if you had to pay for a technician to come out of your pocket.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary of Houston, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and the most comprehensive coverage in the industry at a competitive cost, and we are happy you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for the opportunity! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to showcasing all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The representatives at OneGuard were extremely helpful, kind and patient. They reflected well on the company. The times that I have done a claim, I went online, paid a fee and then, I received a call either the next day or the day after by the company that was gonna provide the service. The contractors all have great customer service but I noticed that there’s a pattern. They’re rated low online so it makes me wary.

The company that delivered my last appliance was supposed to hook it up but they didn't plug it in. So, I hear the word “Install appliances” and I think install it and plug it in, and they didn't do that. They just delivered the washer. They connected the hoses but did not plug in the washer to the outlet. They said that it was because they couldn't reach behind. The outlet is behind the dryer but the washer is 166 pounds. So, when I got home, I had to try to move the washer again because they left the electrical cord taped on the washer. They didn't even make it accessible to me.

Most of the negative reviews was that OneGuard doesn't fully install the appliances the way they should. So, I had to call a friend to come and help me move the washer. He moved the washer just enough, so he can get the electrical cord. All he had to do was literally move the dryer, which is much lighter, about four inches to the left and he was able to plug it in. So, the reps were just not trying. Still, OneGuard gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything were to break down, I can easily go on the website and make a claim, and have what’s wrong with it figured out in the next couple days. It's a more affordable way to get services. They have come through with a couple of things that I needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yuriko of Mesa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with ease of service and the peace of mind you deserve. We also appreciate your thoughtful feedback as it directly contributes to our improvement and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

It takes a long time for OneGuard to answer the phone, especially on the weekends. They said they'd be open for 24 hours. But one weekend, I was on hold for one hour just to get someone to answer and take our claim. If I've called in the morning around 9:00 or 8:00, Arizona time, it will still take about 25 minutes for me to get someone. Bur as soon as I get someone on the phone, they do amazing and they process it fast.

There was one time we had an issue where the people came out and serviced all four air conditioning systems in my house. I asked them to service three, but they ended up servicing all four. It was supposed to be $69 for each one and then they canceled my account two months later without telling me that I didn't pay the $69 service fee for the extra air conditioning that I didn't ask to be serviced. I wished they would have called me so I would have paid it 'cause I never had any problems paying the fee.

When we first moved into our house, we had a very hard time with plumbers. We had a plumbing company come out about eight times to fix something in our bathroom. We have a custom tub with these really expensive handles. The plumber just put the tools to tighten it up on top of it and scraped up the hot and cold handles, which cost $400 to replace. Then we had a septic tank and the guy who did the septic tank worked on it without any gloves on. Then he came upstairs and he was touching everything without any gloves on and tracking the stuff in there.

The plumber told us that he was gonna come back. Time went by and he didn't come back and he stopped answering calls. This was the first time we were having this problem. We contacted the plumber personally and he said that he was going to come and put the parts back in. That had been three months and he kept blowing us off. We called OneGuard and after two hours on the phone and with multiple different people, they finally had this guy come back out and he still didn't fix it. OneGuard kept saying they couldn't get a new plumbing company out because he was the original person. Finally, they did get a second plumbing company but they couldn't fix the problem either.

OneGuard ended up paying us out but it took a whole seven months before they even paid us out on the problem that the guy originally told us he couldn't fix. That was the only problem with one plumbing company. We've had a really good time with our air conditioning people and the other plumbers we've had. We just know now when we call, not to request that plumbing company anymore.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Julie of Gilbert, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate your testimony and the opportunity to serve as your home warranty provider. Please also know your feedback is very important as it aids in our constant pursuit to improve, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

OneGuard is just like every other warranty company. I've had Old Republic before, and they're relatively the same. OneGuard is very helpful and submitting claims has been easy, but it depends on the service I'm looking at. Last year when I tried to use them on the air conditioning tune-up, it was very hard, but the last time I used them last week for the garage, they were very responsive. However, there was no emergency phone number that I could call to get help. Trying to reach somebody was next to impossible. When I called the other day, I was on hold a ridiculous amount of time and my garage door was an emergency, where I had to sleep with the garage door open all night. Other than that, the garage situation was handled very efficiently.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Angela of Surprise, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The first time I submitted a claim, I called OneGuard 'cause I wasn't sure if my claim was covered or not. It was the first time I was ever going to use it with the garbage disposal. With my recent claim, I did it online. It was for an oven temperature calibration. It was very easy. When I have had the air conditioner service for the yearly service, the people they use are always very nice and professional. I really like it. I hear horror stories from other people that have home warranties and I always tell them about OneGuard because they've been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Donna of Phoenix, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

OneGuard's claim submission process is very upfront and customer service is perfect. I've looked every single one of the techs up and they're all very well-rated with the register of contractors. So they're sending out top-notch people to do repairs. Also, one of the features they offer that I like is that aside from the home warranty, OneGuard includes service options. I've had my exterior windows washed and that's a big plus for somebody like me. They also offer some landscaping help and that's a real benefit and most other places I have not seen offer that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mrs. Floyd of AZ, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

In the past couple of years, I have not been happy with OneGuard at all. I have not switched but I was gonna check with some other services and possibly switch. Some of OneGuard’s representatives are not helpful at all. It's a hit-and-miss when I call for services. Some of them have very bad attitudes. I have asked to have a manager call me back but I never get called back. OneGuard needs some more training with their customer service people. Their attitude needs to change when people are calling.

I pay them a monthly service every month and I should have left them by now. I have too much other things going on in my life to sit down and look at these infomercials that have their services and call and get a quote. I have been with them since I had my home, which is since 2013, and in the beginning, I didn't call too much because it's not like I have that much stuff breaking down in my home. But when I called, there were times when there was terrible customer service. We have a very unhappy customer here.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Vikki of Fort Worth, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Your satisfaction is always our top priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have left you a voice message seeking to address your concerns and offer our personal assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

When I submitted a claim, everything was smooth and easy enough.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jacob of Glendale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information