3.9/5 (75 ratings)
Availability
3 states
Learn More

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a...

Verified

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submi...

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, plan prices range from $32 per month to $59 per month. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared with the industry average, which ranges from $60 to $125. You can request a free quote from OneGuard Home Warranties to get an exact price for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: July 30, 2022

I had a claim for my washer that had a water leak. Submitting the claim with OneGuard was easy. I just called the number and gave them my telephone number. They pulled up the account, verified my information and scheduled a company to give me a call. The company called me not the next day but the day afterward, scheduled the visit for the weekend and worked around my schedule. I was happy with the repair work. The tech was very friendly, came in and explained everything. It turned out to not be the washer. It was the drain that was clogged up. That was not part of the coverage. But he gave me some tips on how to do it and take care of it and I managed to do it shortly after. So far, so good. Because of my experience I went ahead and added my other property to the account as well.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Moises of Houston, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is always our top priority, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to assist you. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We renewed OneGuard after this first year and we appreciate the coverage. One thing that I have found deficient is the actual contact with a human. There have been times when I have tried to make contact with someone and it will take me literally an hour or more to get someone on the other end of the line after multiple tries or being on hold for long minutes. Sometimes, I've been waiting 40 minutes. And the other thing is there was an increase in the base. I understand that we're in inflationary times but that was not clearly disclosed to us. All of a sudden, it jumped 69 to 75 and that was it. There was no additional explanation. So, there should be a lot more customer communication and personal availability of actual people to talk to because it's wonderful that they have a great website, but sometimes I need to talk to someone and that has not been so available to me.

For the most part, except for a plumbing guy I got last year early on, everybody else has been very good, professional and knowledgeable. They have all been prompt. I recommend OneGuard to anybody that owns a home in this area, especially people who are new to the area and do not have a network of contacts. OneGuard is a very good resource to have for peace of mind and for enjoyment of life in the area.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Aida of AZ, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our utmost priority is customer satisfaction and servicing our valued members as quickly as possible and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and your patience and understanding during times of high call volume. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've place two requests so far, and it took a week every time. One request was to fix my sprinkler and that was handled well. In a week's time, I heard back from the technician and got it fixed. My last claim was for my dishwasher appliance that's not working great, and it's taking longer to resolve. The tech said it has to be either repaired or replaced. I was expecting to get it replaced, but I was told it was only going to be repaired and I'm still waiting on the technician to do the service. It's been more than two weeks and I still didn't hear back from OneGuard or the technician. It's like I have to chase them down.

Last Friday, I reached out to OneGuard to see what happened. I've reached out twice. The first time, I was told there was a delay in getting the parts for replacement then the second time, I waited for 20 minutes on the line and nobody answered. Overall, OneGuard has been pretty good, but I've had a mixed experience with my two claims. I was able to schedule appointments online and I like that experience. On the other hand, I would like to have some proactive response for these issues that I put in. I have to follow up.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Karthikeyan of Phoenix, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and also being so receptive to our call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration. Per our conversation, we have confirmed repairs have been scheduled and we sincerely hope we have effectively addressed your concerns, and have also provided our direct contact information if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 3, 2022

I go online instead of calling somebody and waiting and explaining the situation to three different people, being kept transferred. Just for two minutes. Go online, file the claim, see what's going on, and I get an email or call from a technician. It's autopilot. I had two service calls. One for the exhaust fan in one of my bathrooms. That was taken care of. It was just an electric switch on the wall and I thought it was the fan motor. I could have done that myself. But it's peace of mind. Somebody came and took care of it.

Three weeks ago, we had a loud noise coming from one of our heating units in the attic. I went there to replace the capacitor. It didn't work. I placed a claim with OneGuard and the technician came out. I already called the guy and he asked me what was going on. I said, “I think it's the motor.” I made a video while I was up there so I forwarded him the video from cellphone. He looked at the video and said, “Well, it looks like it's the motor.” I said, “It sounds like a motor because it was a noise like it was pulling too much and then it will get stuck and the unit will go off because of the limiters." So, he brought a motor. He was on time. He went up there and took care of it. The guy was excellent. We're happy with OneGuard. They take care of my problems. And when I call for service, things get done. We will keep them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rahim of Lewisville, Thank you so much for the 5 stars regarding your customer service experiences using OneGuard online for your service requests! Our top priority is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and we are so happy to hear about your positive experience with your excellent service contractor! On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I always have OneGuard come and check out the furnace and then in spring, I have them check out the air conditioning. For the furnace, I've had this one company that I always asked for, and they were training a new person. He checked everything out, but he forgot to turn the furnace back on. So I had to have him come back. But he didn't come back. They sent somebody else.

I've called OneGuard numerous times. But I did have one really lousy experience last spring. I had trouble with my dishwasher. Water with soap started coming out from under the door. So I called OneGuard the very next morning and asked for someone to come out and look at it. They sent this man and from the very beginning, I wasn't really comfortable with him. He kept on saying that it was my fault because I was using the wrong detergent but I knew I wasn't. He kept on and on and on. He said that I needed to use this dishwasher cleaner. So I said okay.

When he left, I chased all over the place trying to find this stuff. This was during COVID and it wasn't available. So I bought another detergent and used the dishwasher again and then everything was okay. But the next time I used it, the same old thing happened all over again. So I called back and this man came. He was very indignant that I'm continuing to use the wrong dishwashing detergent but I wasn't. I just got nowhere. So I finally lost patience and asked him to leave. He had a one-track mind and kept asking him to check out various parts of the dishwasher.

I called OneGuard back and they wanted to send this fellow out again. I told them there was no way that I wanted that man in my house again. So the gal found me another company and I requested that they send me someone who has an excellent history. She had one, but she said I'd have to wait 10 days. I told her that it was fine and I would do that. So I waited the time and this other fellow came out. Within 20 minutes, he had my dishwasher repaired. There was a part that was going bad so that was why it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. It had nothing to do with the dishwasher detergent. He had the part in the truck and everything was fine. But I was really disgusted with this first individual. When OneGuard emailed me a report, I put down everything that happened that I wasn't happy with and that was the end of it. But I've had many, many good experiences with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carol of AZ, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I've been a customer for over ten years and within the past year, OneGuard's service has completely transformed into a horrible mess. Specifically, in the last three months, my experience with every department from customer service to authorizations to purchasing as been terrible. There are too many issues to describe, but some of the primary issues you should be aware of are these.

First, OneGuard outsourced their customer service reps overseas and siloed them from all other departments. What does this mean? If you have an urgent matter or OneGuard makes a mistake, it means the customer service rep will simply send an email to the other department and ask you to wait another 48 hours for a response. Then no one will contact you. You must be relentless in advocating for yourself and call back again and again to have your issue resolved. Also, their customer service reps are inconsistent in terms of their knowledge of procedures and customer service skills. Some have outright cut me off, misinformed me, or have been rude.

Second, when they make mistakes, they lie about it and you pay for it. For example, my water heater needed replacing. I spoke with authorizations and approved the out of pocket expense and was told it would be three business days. Five business days later, no response. I contacted OneGuard and was told that the water heater was ordered and I just need to keep waiting but no indication of how much longer or why it was taking longer. So, I called the contractor and they informed me that OneGuard spoke to them and they ordered the wrong water heater and had to reorder it, which means I have to wait longer because of their mistake.

When I confronted OneGuard about this, they said they would escalate my issue to a supervisor but they had to send an email and I had to wait 48 hours for a response. Guess what happened? They never contacted me and I am still waiting. Now it is going on two weeks without hot water because of their incompetence. And I would have never known what was going on if I was not the one to reach out and ask.

The frequency of these types of experiences has been increasing, leaving me to believe they are no longer isolated incidences but rather the normal way OneGuard does business. Their operational inefficiencies are baked into their way of doing business. Customer service relays concerns to other departments via email, the customer wait time is extended, and then you never get a response and so your only recourse is to call again and repeat the same cycle.

Common sense tells you that this way of operating creates internal email congestion, worsening response times, and leaves no room for procedures on handling urgent customer matters caused by unethical/incompetent contractors or OneGuard department reps. In conclusion, if you want poor customer service, untimely resolution of claims, and anxiety caused by not knowing if they will even approve a claim since they use unethical contractors who help them find reasons to deny your claim, even going to the extent of lying, then by all means, do business with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Steven of Phoenix, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our conversation. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we apologize for the frustration. We sincerely hope we have addressed your concerns and have also provided our direct contact information if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I've had two other warranty companies that I had for a couple of years and they were terrible service. And I'm glad I changed. The only concern I had was, I had told OneGuard I didn't want my credit card on file. That as I go, I'll give them my credit card information. But it was pleasant and cut to the point. OneGuard gave me one company. But they never got with me after 24 hours, so I called back. And they sent me an email saying that it was turned over to a different company. I'm glad they did because the gentleman that came out for my repair did excellent work. He explained everything to detail. So, I was very pleased with him. I would recommend OneGuard to anybody that needs any type of home warranty in the house.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dan of Colorado Springs, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and providing such amazing testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our distinct pleasure to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and recommendation and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

We had an oven that was probably five years old and it had broken down, and the techs came and fixed it. Then about six months later, it broke again. The techs tried to fix it and had replaced everything inside of it but it still wasn't working. I paid the service fee and in this case, they were going to replace it with the same model. But I told them to give me the cash. I bought a different model so it was a different price. I paid more out of my pocket but they gave me the same value for the stove that I had and I was happy with it. I've recommended OneGuard to anybody I know.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Luke of Phoenix, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider over the last 8 years. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The service is okay. But it could be improved. OneGuard should have a systematic approach to blocking certain contractors. The contractors that they work with are not consumer friendly. They’re companies that should be on Ripoff Report, and OneGuard continues to partner with them. The service is typically booked online. In order for me to reject the contractor, I have to call OneGuard and inform an agent. I would have the agent open up the service request. What is convenient is having a network of available contractors and not having to cold call and spend time getting people to give me quotes, trying to figure out who's going to upsell me when they come. So there's a bit of trust and ease with the home warranty. But the benefit is not as great as what is advertised.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Candice of New York, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I had a toilet that was running, and the plumbers OneGuard sent were on time and fixed it the first time. First, an assistant came in and thought there was one issue, then the main plumber came in. They figured out quickly what it was and put in a new part. They were very nice. I've had two other claims as well, and no matter what the issue, I'm just paying a $75 fee.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Linda of Texas, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is our utmost priority, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you receive. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information