2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties Learn More

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We've been loyal customers with OneGuard for years. I would almost venture to say maybe 10 years. I go back with them when they were just based in Phoenix. There was a real estate agent that turned us on to them when we bought a condo in North Phoenix a while back. We're not in that condo anymore, but every time we get a new house, we renew with them immediately. We're now out in Gilbert and this is our fourth house with them.

Submitting claims is easy, but when I'm using my iPad tablet, their online system is not user-friendly to submit a claim, so I usually end up calling them. As a home warranty company though, they've always been very responsive and they're really good about letting me request somebody as well. When I make an appointment for our semiannual AC check with them, I always request the same company and they keep that information on my file. Over the years, I've gotten used to things enough times that there are certain contractors that I ask for. I've also had them red-mark a couple of companies. I don't want them out here again.

They should keep up the good work. They've merged with another company, so we've been a little nervous that the service is gonna start slipping, but OneGuard has been professional, efficient, and timely. The relationship is easy, even when it comes up for annual renewal. Even if it's a light year, it's insurance. We’d still use them for various things, including maintenance stuff. They've been expanding their services beyond just warranty work, which I really commend them on, because we have utilized some of those additional services. I used one a couple months before. We all got locked up in our house, but there were some extra services that I learned of. I thought I could use that and I did.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

One Guard quickly arranged an air conditioner repair for us when ours stopped working Thursday afternoon, 6/11/20. My confirmation number is 1929121. The company contact was Pro Solutions Air Conditioning. They did reach out on Friday morning to schedule service. The guy told me they could be here on Monday, 6/15/20. I told him I couldn't wait that long, I have two dogs to think about as well as my wife. Plus, today will be 110 degrees, and the rest of the weekend too. So he said he could come tomorrow if I paid him $89.00. I told him to forget it.

I called back to One Guard and got your customer service rep, "LILA." She was a breath of fresh air. She was very sympathetic toward my problem and volunteered to try and contact another service that could help. She came back on the line and had lined up Universal Air Conditioning (very competent and would use anytime). Long story short-they were here in a half hour and fixed the problem. I just want to say that LILA is a credit to your organization. She is not averse to going the extra mile for your customers. I want to let management know how well she performed in this emergency. Many thanks, LILA. Paul **

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paul of Peoria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Lila! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have shared your review with Lila and she was humbled by your kind words and really honored by the opportunity to advocate on your behalf and secure a sooner service appointment for your air conditioning system. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 6, 2020

When we turned on our air conditioner, it wasn’t working even though we’ve had it serviced twice a year. It was gonna be 100 that day. So thank goodness we had just bought OneGuard home warranty recently. We didn’t buy a warranty years ago because we’ve replaced everything in our home on our own but my sister-in-law told us that OneGuard Home Warranties is fabulous. She told us that every time they needed something, they were there and they replaced it. So we went with them and we will never ever be without a warranty again because when we called them, they came out immediately the next day. It was on a weekend and they sent somebody out on Monday and we had the part in and installed by Thursday. They were amazing.

The only thing that was lacking would be when the serviceman came, he didn’t have a card with him. He just came to the screen door and my husband said that he must be with the repair company. He said, “Yes, I am.” He didn’t have a shirt or a card that identified him. But we really liked the man. My husband said he was a friendly man. He knew exactly what he was doing. The motor had gone out in our AC and they replaced it. He was done in about an hour and he was gone. It was a wonderful transaction.

I talked to Joanne in regard to buying the policy and she was fabulous. She was so clear with what they would cover, what they would do, and how much the premium would be for what we decided we wanted to cover. We would tell the whole world if we could. We’ll never go without a home warranty and OneGuard’s the best. We’re so grateful that we have got them on our radar and they were very easy to work with.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Patricia of Sun City West, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and remarks regarding your outstanding service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors and Joanne! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and your testimony is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We agree! Joanne is an asset to OneGuard and the epitome of customer service, and she really appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for such thoughtful feedback! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 22, 2020

I live in an older house and I figured there would be some repair that needed to be done so I had a warranty the first year after I bought the house from the previous owner, but from a different company. I liked the concept that there is someone I can contact that buffers some of the cost of repairs, but I didn’t like the company I had. I had them for a couple of months, and then I was like, “Yeah, it’s over.” And then, it was either a neighbor told me about OneGuard or I looked it up online and it had good reviews.

I try to use OneGuard's app but I usually have problems with it. And every time I did, I called and they would say, “Yeah, it’s down right now.” So, it’s disappointing because the app is very convenient and I can upload photos. Otherwise, I just have to call in. I’m usually with the contractors actively while they’re here. I help explain what’s going on and show where stuff is. I’ve had good experiences.

I could usually find higher quality work if I source it myself, but it would have been more expensive. It’s more of a budget play than it is a quality play with most of the contractors that I get through a home warranty. I’m very happy with the home warranty company and the payouts, but for big repairs, I usually end up taking the payout and going through a contractor myself. But other than that, OneGuard has done a great job. They do everything they can. Given the business model, it’s right for them to try to find low-cost contractors because they can’t just pay out for nothing. I’m very happy I have them. I’ve had them for two years now and given my experience, I’ll continue with them moving forward.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yaniv of Houston, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know we appreciate your feedback regarding our contractors and the OneGuard portal. We constantly strive for quality and convenient service interactions and we are vigilant in improving upon our online application and contractor base. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

The first year when we purchased the house, we paid for the service, and then after that, we've been paying for it ever since. We didn’t use them the first year, and then we had to use them because the hot water went out. That’s when we finally called upon them, which was about a year ago. I could either submit claims online or call and it was easy doing both. The board in our garage door went out. So, they helped us with that. Also, our hot water heater went out. Those are two only things that we've called them for. But we don’t wanna get rid of the warranty because you never know.

We've called them twice already for the garage. Also, I need to call to find out if our plan covers our leaking soft water unit. So, I wanna get them out. And then, we also have for our irrigation, too, in the back. We'll probably call them for a couple more things, but it's just always good to have them there to know that we don’t have to put a claim against the house. We can always just use OneGuard. The contractors have been good. I've had a good experience, so far.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andrea of Avondale, AZ, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your fantastic customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs. We truly value your loyal business and look forward to providing you with more positive experiences again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

We decided to look into home warranties when we purchased our last home and we liked the coverage of OneGuard as well as the pool coverage. We've submitted several different claims for over the last three and a half years and all the vendors that OneGuard have chosen have all been solid and never had an issue with them. They explained everything and completed the work when they said it was gonna be completed. All the services were positive. I've done all the claims through the website and somebody had contacted me and asked me a question, and that was fine. There was no problem there. I’m very satisfied with OneGuard and I’m planning to renew it again next year.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

When I submit claims to OneGuard sometimes I have good experiences. Other times I have bad ones. Their website is pretty good. While the recent AC tech I had was good for the most part, their contractors have been bad.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear D. of Tx, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely regret your frustration regarding past service experiences. Please know your feedback is extremely important and helps us improve the service we provide to our valued homeowners and we are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to offer support and ensure that service is conducted satisfactorily on your behalf. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

We’ve carried warranty on our vehicles, and we saw the advantage of that. So, we decided to do the same thing with our home. We went with OneGuard and our experience has been good up until a couple of months ago. Our clothes washer went out, and it took three months to get the part. Then when the technician troubleshoot the washer, that part was the wrong part. It did not need that part. So then, the next technician ordered the part, and they got it back in two weeks.

Then about the same time, I had a leak under our bathroom sink, and I called OneGuard to ask them if I had coverage for that, and they said I did and that that was considered the plumbing. They sent down a guy. So, the tech came out and he said that it did not cover it because the leak was in a water line so that becomes part of the faucet, and the warranty doesn't cover the faucet. I wish they would’ve told me that from the start. I wouldn’t have them send out a technician and pay that money out. My experience was good at the beginning when we first picked up OneGuard. But then, they would not respond to my request or my emails. I would have to send a third request for them to respond, and it would take them two weeks before they respond.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

When I bought my house, my Realtor set us up with OneGuard. They got very high recommendation and I thought I'd give them a try from that. I've filed claims to them multiple times. In getting the claims done, I've gotten great customer service with OneGuard. However, most of the times, I give OneGuard a call and find out that the issue I'm having is not covered under warranty. When I call in, the representatives answer the phone. I can speak to a human being, which is really nice. The hold times aren't too bad. I don't think I've ever sat on the phone for more than 15 minutes waiting for someone. It's even been less than five minutes to get to a representative.

With the choice of vendors, I've had a really bad experience with the last two that they sent out. I had a leak happening in the upstairs of my house. They sent out a plumber who correctly identified the issue, but did not follow through with it. The issue was a clogged drain from the AC. We did a partial test. But since we didn't test out fully, we didn't catch the clogged part. He ended up cutting a couple holes in my downstairs ceiling and then left me with a couple holes in there. I know plumbers don't typically do that. But had he gone through on his initial feeling and tested out the pipes correctly, the issue would have been resolved. I wouldn't have had the holes in the ceiling. I wouldn't have made a call to the HVAC contractor for OneGuard, who then came out and gave the initial suspicion as a clogged drain pipe.

However, after taking a closer look, he misdiagnosed it and said that it was the drain pan, which is also not covered by the warranty and he quoted me around $700 to get that replaced. I took a look later on and saw where it was overflowing. I spent some time, cut out the plumbing of that drain pipe, took it outside, cleaned it out, and reassembled it with a new piping from Home Depot, which cost me about eight bucks. I have not seen the AC leaking again. This isn't representative of OneGuard. When I called the second time to get them to dispatch HVAC people, they did let me know that the condensation pan was not covered by the warranty. I ended up reaching out to the contractor instead of going through OneGuard.

One time, during the first year of the ownership, my water heater gave out. That was the one time that I gave them a call. They sent out the same plumbing company, Approved Plumbing. They did get that water heater replaced for the service charge of $70. So, that was a really good experience with them. However, the three subsequent calls for issues with HVAC were not covered under warranty.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Wojciech of Phoenix, Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share honest feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we pride ourselves on providing the most comprehensive service in the industry for all your home warranty and home services needs. We regret any frustration that you experienced regarding accuracy of repairs for the plumbing system and air conditioning system leak that was not covered by the service contract. Please know it is always our sincerest intent to operate in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the warranty agreement, and we appreciate your understanding with respect to coverage. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I've made multiple claims with OneGuard. The most recent one was my dishwasher. It wasn't heating. The water wasn't washing the dishes. The soap dispenser wasn't working too. This was back in the middle of August. The guys came out, they looked at it and they said, “All right. We're gonna order all the parts we need to.” Three weeks later, they came out and they had all the parts, but they only replaced the blades that spray the water. They said they weren't gonna replace the soap dispenser because there wasn’t a part. I said it's fine.

I had to make another claim again to have them back out here to replace the soap dispenser. They came out and looked, and they're supposed to be here today. They rescheduled three times because they haven't had the parts or the parts been broken. It's been almost two months now. But OneGuard handled everything well. With the other claims I've had with OneGuard, they've all been perfect. I've had a dryer replaced and a couple of things replaced, that went well. Everything else has been smooth. OneGuard has been perfect. I've recommended them to quite a few people.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
    Kitchen appliances$2,500
    Ductwork$500
    Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
    Permits and code upgrades$250
    Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
    Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
    2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
    3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information