toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear John, Thank you very much for sharing such kind comments regarding your service experiences with OneGuard! Our focus is to deliver the best coverage in the industry and to provide you with prompt, professional repairs, and convenient online access when requesting service for warrantied items. Please know we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you when it comes to your home's vital systems and appliances.

On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business! We truly look forward to assisting you with all your home warranty and home services needs in the future.

Warmest Regards,

OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 9, 2017

When we bought the house, our realtor made sure that we had a warranty that went along with it and he recommended OneGuard Home Warranties. We've filed a couple of claims with them and we submitted them online or by phone. If it's something that seems pretty complicated, I'd rather call them. Our claims were worked right away. Somebody came out and addressed the problems, the most recent of which was for the motor of some swimming pool equipment. The reps I talked to were very good and the technicians have taken the time to explain the problem in all my claims. I would recommend OneGuard.

I have two leaking hose bibs, I called OneGuard. They sent a plumbing contractor, and the contractor told me that access holes would have to be cut into the brick and siding, which would not be covered. The contractor then contacted OneGuard, and was told that the hose bibs were not covered. The plumbing contractor said these hose bibs were frost free and not covered. I called a certified plumber out this morning and he said the hose bibs were not frost free, and access in the brick was sufficient. I call OneGuard back, talked to Josh, and he said one of their agents have out wrong information, the hose bibs are covered. I obviously want to do as little damage to my home as possible, regarding the access holes, but OneGuard told me they would have to go with what their contractor said.

I am very disappointed in OneGuard, I talked to another agent at OneGuard, and she said "Why are you upset?" I told her that since OneGuard gave out misinformation, I had to call another plumber. She told me that was my prerogative, and I didn't have to do that... My hose bibs are leaking very bad, I was told it was not covered by their contractor, what was I supposed to do??? Each time I've called OneGuard I have been on hold approximately 40 minutes. The young lady I spoke to said if I was unhappy with OneGuard I could cancel my policy. I just bought my home, and I paid for a home warranty with OneGuard upfront. I hope nothing else breaks! Not at all happy!

We purchased our home in February 2017 and during our home inspection there was nothing out of the ordinary. On June 29th we noticed our AC was blowing hot air, so I turned the unit off and contacted One Guard and I had to wait 4 days for service to come out, all while the temp in the house were in excess of 99 degrees. Fast forward two weeks to July 17, 2017 we came home from work at around 5:30 and was welcomed by a wall of hot air. I immediately contacted One Guard again and they were unable to get my "recall" out the same night, so I contacted the contractor directly they sent out on 07/03/17 and they also were unable.

I decided to get another opinion as it seemed strange to me the unit went out no less than two weeks after being serviced. I contacted Reddi and they were at my house and on the roof within an hour. After their inspection they diagnosed the problem as the Compressor Fan Motor and quoted 600.00 installed and noted in their assessment that the problem could have been prevented and should have been caught in the 07/03/17 service call. I contact One Guard again and notified them of the second opinion's finding and my concern of the work performed by the original contractor. I was told that I was going to have to wait another three days before the original contractor could come out for the "recall" and if I wanted to go with another one of their vendors and I would have to wait another week due to scheduling.

I spent over 5 hours on the phone with several people trying to get someone out in a timely manner and not have to use the questionable contractor, but to no avail. I spoke to Pauletta and wasted 40 minutes of my time trying to assess my A/C situation from her office, from her several years of HVAC experience. At one point, she said "Your health and safety isn't our concern, we are only here to provide cheaper repair prices." It has become apparent the money we spent to hopefully ease our mind has resulted very frustrating, unreliable interactions with the company staff and their contractors. I don't think I have EVER been more disappointed in their unwillingness to help and just pass all the liability and control to their unreliable vendors. BUYERS BEWARE. One Guard is NOT worth it!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

DO NOT USE ONEGUARD HOME WARRANTY PLEASE!! IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME AND LIKE TO HAVE YOUR ISSUES TAKEN SERIOUSLY, look elsewhere. It has taken over a month for them to get my repair done. (It's still not done. I called it in on June 5th 2017.) They sent someone out to do a repair. The contractor leaves saying we will be getting the part and return to finish order in 7-10 business days. Well 7-10 go by and I have not heard anything so I call oneguard and sit on hold for over an hour only to find out that they decided not to accept my repair. No one ever called me to let me know the contractor wasn't coming back so I was just waiting for over a week with no dryer and no clue.

Then the representative says, “Ya know. It seems like it should be covered. I'll put it under review and you should hear from us within 2 days.” I wait a week, hear nothing and decide to call back. 53 minutes of holding and then the woman that answers says that they still have no answer for me but she will look into it personally and she will call me herself on Monday (it was Friday). Well it's been another week and a half and I've heard nothing so I call in again, and the gentleman tells me, “Oh it looks like it hasn't even made it to review. What is a good call back number..." OMG. I gave him my number and explained that I have now been without a dryer for a month and I need answers. I have a newborn and I can't wait forever. He gave me his personal extension if I don't hear from him by Friday... we shall see if I hear anything at all.

Update: I received a call on the 7/13/17 from a direct #. They left a VM saying for me to call back and she would get right back to me. I have now called and left 2 VMs and no response... it’s the 18th... Pretty sure I only got a call because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. THE BBB STILL HASN'T RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM THEM EITHER!! I know because the BBB emailed me. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Everyone is nice enough on the phone but it's just to hurry up and get you off the phone so that they don't have to deal with you. If that wasn't the case then one of the now 4 people that said, "I will get back with you personally" would have actually done so.

Car air conditioning went out and because it's the dead of Summer we had to wait two days. But OneGuard offered to put us up in a hotel room for free! And we bought a portable air conditioning unit for $300 and they reimburse us! :-) They paid us back and we got to keep the air conditioning :-) Our home unit got fixed and everything's awesome. Didn't cost us a dime! This is why as a realtor, I pay for every client to have a One Guard warranty. Last year I bought over 35 warranties.

Resolution In Progress

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Hieu, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Dawn in Customer Relations the opportunity to personally assist you and reach positive resolution on your behalf. We are pleased to report we are offering a replacement refrigerator. Your claim has been relayed to our Fulfillment department for follow up with you. Please know we truly apologize for the experience and sincerely hope you will update your review to reflect Dawn's efforts of assistance. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and patience throughout. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have been a customer of OneGuard for over a year and just renewed my contract with them recently (terrible mistake). I have had a moisture issue with my refrigerator for over 4 months now which has caused food to mold/spoil and cause our family to throw away lots of food. During this time OneGuard has sent two contractors out to diagnose and try to fix the issue across the last 3 months with no resolution. Each time a contractor comes out, it seems I have to call in to follow up as OneGuard is never proactive in communications to keep me updated. After numerous attempts to repair the fridge with no success they decided to deny a replacement claim today because the last contractor said the door was "bent". After 4 months of diagnoses and attempts to repair they deny a claim as the cost for repairs have been racking up (replaced gasket, 3-4 contractor visits, back-ordered parts).

As a customer to have to wait an average of 30 minutes on hold just to talk so someone is ridiculous. They also do not have the ability to transfer calls to managers apparently. And when they say they will follow up or take ownership of a situation - OneGuard has fallen short and I am very dissatisfied with my overall experience with them as a warranty company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Consumer Increased Rating!

In the past I've been pleased with Oneguard Home warranties. Currently however, they are a nightmare. On Thursday, our refrigerator went out. I was calling (ON HOLD FOR HOURS), trying to complete a service request online, trying to open chats with customer service... I called all 3 numbers I could find for them! And could never get a response at all. I emailed and even Facebook messaged! For 3 days I tried to contact oneguard and couldn't get through until Saturday night! At which point they tell me they have no contractors that work on weekends and can send someone out to look at my refrigerator on Tuesday! Then Tuesday comes and I'm told my refrigerator can't be fixed for 5 more days!!!

I have thrown away over $400 worth of groceries and have 2 kids, age 1.5 and 3, and when I explain this to the customer service rep and let her know all our food has been thrown out because it took them 3 days to even ANSWER THE PHONE and she tells me, "I would suggest you get some dry ice.”... excuse me??? She even said she was in the office Saturday and they weren't busy, so she doesn't know why I was on hold for over 1.5 hrs on that day. Yea neither do I because there is no good reason for that, EVER!!! If you're looking for home warranty please consider a company with good customer service and who actually have representatives that know how to answer the phone!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I bought my townhouse last July, they had OneGuard Home Warranties with my first year. I got my old bill out and I was going to call and have it put on my American Express and pay up for another year. It's wonderful because my air conditioner did break and it was a life saver. That’s the only claim I’ve ever had and it was very easy and they were very nice. I called them and then they called somebody out. He was very professional, fixed it in a timely manner and I even offered him a tip but he refused it. I haven't had any problems with it since. If I did, I would want them to send the same person back. I hope it’s not a lot, but if it is, I hope it’s still as nice as the first one was. All the way around, it was smooth from start to finish.

Resolution In Progress

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Cantrell, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we truly regret your frustration. We have spoken with the contractor to ensure cooling has been restored to the home, and if you need additional assistance we will arrange for the them to return. Please know we value your business and hope to restore your faith in OneGuard. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 11, 2017

We've been with this company since we bought our house in Houston, about a year ago. Several companies have came out within the last year for the same issue, AC constantly running and not cooling the house. Freon has been added several times but no one has actually looked into the reason it needs it. The contractors they send out don't actually troubleshoot the problem, they just go for the easy fix or as some people say, "Putting a band-aid on a bullet wound". One Guard should be able to see that this isn't just a one-time problem and should send out someone to actually fix it. We've actually got someone coming out in a couple of days because of the same issue. The temp in our house currently sits at 85 degrees and continues to climb. I work from home, so I'm lucky enough to get to sweat all day and night. I'm already researching other companies. I wouldn't recommend this company.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Henry, Thank you for the review and positive comments about your past experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your satisfaction, from the first call with Customer Care, to the completed repairs and services provided by our trusted contractors. We appreciate your patience and allowing OneGuard to send a second opinion on your cooktop. We are pleased that the unit has been repaired and is now operating properly. Our desire is to always to complete repairs on the initial call and regret any frustration this experience has caused you. Please know we have representatives available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week so we are always here when you need us.

Original review: June 24, 2017

OneGuard was a referral from a friend that had it when we purchased a new home. They're typically quick in responding, assisting and helping us with our warranty issues. They were very courteous and able to answer most of my questions. We can even call them on weekends when stuff breaks down. They will always give us the available time to have some service person come out here on the next business day. That's always nice to have.

However, we've had some issues with some of the people that have come here servicing the warranty issue. But then, it has nothing to do with OneGuard because they've resolved it with another company. We had problems with our Cook burner, and we still do to this day. The contractor was saying that it could not be fixed and then he called someone else that was more of an expert with that particular brand, and the other person was able to fix it. However, two weeks later, it stopped working again. So, now, there's another claim pending for them to either replace it or service it again.

For other repairs, there was a malfunction with one of the dishwashers and it had to do with a computer glitch. They didn't have any parts first, so they actually replaced the whole unit, which I thought was nice and a good fix. There was another issue with the central VAC where it wasn't working properly. It turned out to be a disconnection from up in the attic, which now works perfectly fine. There was also an incident with the air conditioning with one of the zones. A serviceman came out here about three times just wanting to get it fixed. But it was finally fixed. So, for the most part, it was positive.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Todd, Thank you so much for your five star review of OneGuard! Our top priority is to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage and exceptional service experience in the industry, and we love hearing how pleased you and your clients are with OneGuard. Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to ensure our valued homeowners receive peace of mind when it comes to covering their home's most vital systems and appliances.

On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business. We truly appreciate you and your recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future.

Warmest regards,

Original review: June 23, 2017

What OneGuard Home Warranty offers is local and I have a connection with the rep so I went with them. It’s easy submitting a claim and the sales rep has done an awesome job educating me and my clients and helping to get things done. I’m a realtor and I’ve had several repairs done because I utilize them for my rental properties. The experience has been well beyond the competition.

Until recently, I was really happy with OneGuard. But now all my calls are taking about 43 minutes to be answered. I would think in certain seasons the contact center would ramp up on employees. The approval process was waaay too long for my part that conveniently stopped working after the technician came and serviced my system 7 days prior to needing a new compressor. Anyhoo- the assigned contracted AC company was very unprofessional & (stinky) and when questioned about what I am paying for and what the technician was working- on the phone rep gets immediately defensive. This was a terrible experience for me. No AC in Texas for over a week can kill me and my child.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Margie, Thank you so much for your five star review of OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is to provide service that exceeds your expectations and your feedback is extremely important to us. We understand how valuable your time is and our desire is to answer every incoming call as quickly as possible. OneGuard has made several changes to our customer care call queue which has drastically improved our call wait times. We truly appreciate your business and are very pleased you have decided to renew your warranty for another year! Our top priority is to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage and professional service when it comes to covering your home's vital systems and appliances. We love hearing how pleased you have been with OneGuard, and the recommendations to our reputable contractors when you needed us.

On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again for your continued business. We truly appreciate you and your recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest Regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 20, 2017

When I purchased my new residence, the previous owner offered the OneGuard warranty as part of the purchase. My real estate agent also knew them because she was with RE/MAX. I had several offers of other policies but they insisted I only get this and I'm so glad I did. Now, I just renewed with them. However, for this summer, they are making any phone calls to them almost impossible to get through. And they're recommending that you go online to do your request for service. I don't have a lot of access to the internet and I prefer to talk to a real person so I am a little concerned.

Also, they raised their rates for the coverage. I would think that maybe if you are renewing, you could stay at the same rate for another year. But I'm not complaining because there have been other companies that are in the running and I have neighbors that have other home warranty companies. Some of them have been a complete disaster. They used vendors who come from miles away to provide service. And in some cases, they don't even show up.

In comparison, the majority of OneGuard's contractors are local people who are known to the community and not obscure vendors. I have had a wonderful experience along that line because it really helped me to set up someone that I could call even outside of the home warranty for services because there are certain things that are not covered. Overall, I've had a good experience with OneGuard Home Warranty. They're extremely professional and I'm thrilled with them. I would definitely highly recommend them.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Howard E., Thank you very much for sharing such kind comments regarding your service experience with OneGuard and giving us a 5-star rating! This is everything we strive for as your warranty provider and we love hearing how pleased you are with your decision to trust OneGuard. We are so happy we were able to help when you needed us at the beginning of the Arizona summer! We appreciate the feedback and will look into how we can get the OneGuard service agreement to our customer's more promptly. It is our most distinct pleasure to assist you, and we are truly grateful for your business. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your choosing OneGuard! We sincerely look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 17, 2017

I bought a house and I asked my financial officer who is helping me with my loan about home warranties because the seller was offering to pay for the service for up to a year. I asked them what company would be the best and he gave me a list. I compared a couple of different companies. OneGuard Home Warranties happen to cover a lot of things that I was interested in. I work for ServiceMaster, whom I don't like, so I initially shut them down. OneGuard on the other hand had a lot going for them. I submitted a claim for my AC which wasn’t working. The process was simple but I wish they would send out the welcome packet sooner rather than later. When my AC went down, I did not have their phone number readily available. I had to go look through my whole entire loan application to find out who I wound up signing up with because the packet arrived in the mail a week after my AC had broken.

My fiancee was here when the technician arrived and according to her, he was amazing. He didn't speak very good English but he came in and went above and beyond what he needed to do. It was very well appreciated. After the AC was repaired, everything has been working great. It's 105 degrees outside and it's about 7 degrees in my house. Customer service is great with OneGuard. When my AC went down and I called them at 11:00 at night the lady that answered the phone was fantastic and took care of us. I explained we were first time home buyers and this is our first time having to deal with this. She took everything and ran with it and set us up with everything that we needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Larry, Thank you for your updated review and allowing Customer Relations to assist you first hand. We look forward to assisting you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 16, 2017

We ran into difficulties when we submitted the claim but it's been resolved. After the complaint, having a different contractor was great and they did the work to our satisfaction. OneGuard helped us a lot.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Walter, Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. We appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to address your concerns. Our top priority is to provide service that exceeds your expectations and your feedback is extremely important to us. We truly appreciate that you referred your friend to OneGuard! To show our gratitude, we have applied a $25.00 credit toward the premium cost for your current plan.

On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for being a loyal customer over the last 13 years. We truly appreciate you and your recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest Regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 11, 2017

OneGuard Home Warranties was previously Service One and I had them for years. I used the phone to submit my claims and I had to wait for a while. The wait time was the only complaint I would have. However, when I got them on the phone, they were courteous. They did what they were supposed to be doing and responded to my request. They easily dispatched the service where it was going to and then they gave me a call.

I had a problem with a contractor that they had sent before. They were supposed to be ordering parts and I went out of town. When I got back, we were supposed to have an appointment but they didn't come. Also, when I talked to them, they still hadn't ordered the part. I had to complain to OneGuard about it. My most recent claim was about my AC that was not blowing cold air. The contractor had to come back. They were out here in May. When I came back, they had figured out that it must have been the thermostat. I had one and he changed it.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Cathi H., Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your positive experience with OneGuard! Our top priority is to ensure you receive the most comprehensive coverage and prompt professional service to always exceed your expectations. We love hearing how satisfied you are with the level of support you receive from our representatives and service contractors.

On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 10, 2017

Submitting a claim with OneGuard Home Warranties was an easy process and I've done it both online or by calling. They were very helpful. I only had to interact with the contractor once and the one they sent was fast and efficient. Plus, the price was fair. I really like this kind of service.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Kendon, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we appreciate your patience with your recent garbage disposal claim, and apologize for any delay you experienced. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: June 6, 2017

I've had home warranties in the past so I appreciated the coverage for protection for some of my items. I shopped around a little bit and although OneGuard was a little more expensive than some, their coverage seemed to be pretty reasonable for the price and their record seemed to be solid. So far, I've only had one claim with them and the technician who came out was very pleasant. He came in, got the work done and my wife was very happy with his work. However, when that claim was submitted online, nothing was done on it for two or three days. I went back in to check on it and accidentally deleted it without knowing then I had to go back in and submit it again. So after the second submission, things got back on track but I don't know what happened the first time.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Mr. Silverman, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we appreciate your patience with reaching a OneGuard Customer Care representative, and apologize for any delay you experienced. Please know, through the end of summer OneGuard is offering a discount of $5.00 off of the applicable service fee for any repair work order created online. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business of seven years and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 16, 2017

My Realtor recommended OneGuard Home Warranties and I've been reinforced with them because a couple of contractors I talked to told me that they've had the most success with OneGuard as opposed to others. OneGuard seemed to be very reasonable in taking care of claims and I’ve had a very good experience in dealing with them. Submitting my claim was an easy process, as well. I worked with them and there was a deductible that I had to pay, and with all the years I've been with them, I only had one issue and they took care of it.

One time, I had a leakage and they seemed to be on the ball. I'm impressed that they have more than one contractor, so if one is tied up, they have someone else available. They're a good company that has also tried to keep their cost reasonable and with inflation, their increase is normal. The only catch is sometimes I call them at a busy time in Arizona and the lines are swarmed, but they are doing something to address that because the last time I talked to them, there was about a 20-minute wait. They said they're trying to expand their customer service department to field the calls quicker than they have in the past. Overall, my experience is pleasant and for the most part, I’m happy.

I bought a condo in Arizona and they said I needed home insurance. It's very expensive at $438 a year. That’s a lot of money and I’m not there all the time so I hardly ever use it. But I want to stay with OneGuard. It’s a busy area and if I'm going to be there and I need something serviced, I have to call months ahead to get it done. They do it only at certain times so I want to make sure that I get there on time and it’s already setup. That’s fine in a way and the scheduling is not bad for the company. I just wish I can call and then after a couple of days they can come out but you can't do that with them. The technician knew what he was doing. He's been in the field a long time. I asked a few questions and he explained things and volunteered information and that was fine. He did a good job.

We bought our house brand new and we wanted to make sure that everything operated correctly for at least a while, especially the air conditioning and expensive parts. And so we got OneGuard Home Warranty. We submitted a claim because we thought the dishwasher wasn’t working. One part kept capping off down where the water comes out. I'd tried to put it back on, but it wasn't successful. We called OneGuard and they were able to send someone in just a couple of days. The guy they sent out came on time. Everything was good. He checked the dishwasher over and cleaned it up. It turned out it wasn't a major problem. We had to pay the $60 service call which is too much for a minor service call. Maybe OneGuard should not charge service calls because we're paying 500 bucks already.

Resolution response: June 1, 2017

With the help of Lisa with One Guard, my issue has been resolved.

Dear Mr. Manuel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with Lisa from our Customer Relations team. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are pleased she was able to offer her personal assistance. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future! Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 12, 2017

I've filed a claim twice already. The first one was for an air conditioner problem and the other one can be described as a carpenter ants spray. The air conditioner was making a noise so a guy came out and I paid $69. When he came out, it wasn't making a noise so he didn't do anything and there was nothing he could do so I don't fault him. But I was out the $69 and the air conditioner continues to make a noise. It's an intermittent problem and I'm afraid to call somebody and pay another $69 to have somebody come out then it's not making noise.

The contractors sent by OneGuard were fine except for a problem with communication. The people who came out to my house for the second claim told me they'd be coming between 2:00 and 4:00 but they came at noon and didn't knock on the door or anything and sprayed the house and left. There was a particular spot on the screen porch which is the only location I saw where there were carpenter ants that they missed because I needed to let them in so I had to call them back. I told them to knock on the door this time and then spray where I wanted them to spray. They did that and it worked out okay. I hope OneGuard would do faster service or better communication with their people.

No response received

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you for the feedback and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know Lisa has left a voice message for you and also sent a follow up e-mail with her contact information, and would love the opportunity to offer her personal assistance in the matter. Please be assured our top priority is your satisfaction and we truly regret the level of frustration you endured with your recent claim, and we sincerely hope to gain your confidence in OneGuard. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 10, 2017

Getting through to OneGuard via their warranty number is difficult which forces you to go online, which is difficult if you want to ask questions regarding items which could be included or excluded from the home warranty they offer (most items are excluded in my experience). Then if you do manage to get through the attitude of the service staff is rude. It's not customer focused. Supervisors are also rude and not customer focused. Safe to say I will not renew my home warranty with this company and would not recommend this company to friends or family.

Resolution response: May 23, 2017

One Guard customer relations department spoke with me shortly after my review was posted. They did apologize for the poor service provided. My updated experience is based on the immediate response and sincere apology to my formal complaint and the reassurance that appropriate action would be taken.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Ramirez, Thank you so much for allowing Dawn the opportunity to offer you her personal assistance in the matter and address your concerns. Please know we are truly sorry for the experience and miscommunications on our end, and sincerely appreciate your patience and receptiveness to Dawn's phone call and efforts to assist you. Dawn has also provided you with her phone number if you ever need help with any of your claims. Thank you again for the opportunity. Sincerely, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 9, 2017

I setup service online for AC repairs May 3, 2017. I was contacted by MD Ellis the next morning to schedule a time to come out to the property. Unfortunately, I could not wait 4 days for someone to fix my AC. I live in South Texas and it gets unbearably hot! I called OneGuard to select another provider who could come out sooner and got lucky (or so I thought). Cooling & Heating of SA was able to come to my home May 5, 2017. I was told the repairs could be made same day after the required part was purchased. However, the technician never came back to the property nor called to say he was NOT coming. I complained to OneGuard on May 6, 2017 and was advised the AC parts needed to be ordered and would not be available until May 8, 2017. Realizing my daughter and I would have to go almost an entire week without AC was just awesome!

Fast forward to May 8. I get a call from a technician who stated they were in route to my home to fix AC. Assuming it was Cooling & Heating of SA, I allowed access to my property for repairs to be made. Come to find out, it was MD Ellis who performed services. Not understanding how the mixup took place, I immediately contacted OneGuard to sort out the issue. As I am on the phone, the technician from Cooling & Heating of SA shows up at my home to fix AC. As I explained everything to the OneGuard representative, I was simply promised that there was nothing to be concerned about and all had been "taken care of".

This morning, May 9, I get a call from MD Ellis stating they were needing to schedule repairs to be made. Seriously, I can't make this up! I explained the situation to them then called OneGuard back to voice my frustrations. OneGuard came highly recommended when I bought my first home last summer, but knowing your company contracts service providers who are unable to hold up their end of the bargain and offer poor customer service was unexpected. As much time that I've spent back and forth with your company and the two service providers is ridiculous. The fact that I've not received an apology from anyone for what I've experienced is mind-blowing. Instead, I get told that my policy is up for renewal. Are you kidding me?!

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Smith, Thank you so much for the five star review of OneGuard! Our top priority is to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage and exceptional service experience in the industry, and we love hearing how pleased you were with your recent claim experience. Please know it is always our pleasure to offer piece of mind when it comes to covering your home's systems and appliances. We are very pleased we were able find the root cause of the problem your were experiencing with your microwave and electrical wiring. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 7, 2017

I bought a townhouse and I had to purchase the warranty separately. I had a couple of choices and OneGuard Home Warranties provided me the most coverage for the least cost. Submitting a claim was easy. There has been a phone call and they told me who they were going to send out and when they're going to call me. Everything got fixed right away. However, the first one took about a week and I let them know that I wasn't happy about that. My built-in microwave went out and it turned out that it wasn't the microwave. It was a wire in a switch across the room somewhere. So, when my microwave blew out, the backdoor light went out too.

The microwave guy came out and said there was nothing wrong with it. We plugged it into another outlet, then extension cord, and it worked fine. After the microwave guy, it was the electrician. The electrician came out the day after I called and he fixed it within a couple of hours. He took the electrical panel off the wall. He was looking for wires in the fuse box and trying to figure out what was wrong and where the problem was. It turned out that there was a wire that was loose, where my handyman didn't put it together properly. The handyman had to cover a wire that was exposed so he had to make a hole through the wall and take off a light switch and an electrical outlet. And then, when he put the light switch back on, it ended causing my microwave to blow out. Apparently, he didn't cap it off properly. So, the microwave works fine now. Overall, it's been great with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you for the information and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your claim firsthand. Please know we apologize for the experience and that it led to the cancellation of your home warranty. Please be assured that upon further review we determined the part in question was covered, and we have advised you that you will receive a check. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 5, 2017

Horrible Service. I was a OneGuard customer for 4 years. I ended my insurance when I had to pay $6,000 out of pocket for an AC unit that OneGuard managed to classify as secondary damage. Despite having issues with this unit and OneGuard contractors out to repair it multiple times. Not only that, they delayed telling me that they would not cover it, as I sat in Texas with no air conditioning. When told that they were not covering it, they did zero to help me figure out a solution to the problem. In addition, Customer service was unhelpful. Each time I had to request service, I sat on the phone a minimum of 45 minutes. Would NOT recommend.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Mr. Cather, Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. It was a pleasure to speak with you, and we are very pleased that we were able to locate what happened with your most recent check. We feel confident these billing issues will not occur going forward and appreciate your agreement to pay OneGuard directly for all service fees. Please do not hesitate to contact Lisa directly if you have any other questions. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: May 2, 2017

I gave a 5-star review for the great service by the locksmith, but the check never got deposited. I had to write a new check and mail it out of state. That original check, from many months ago is still nowhere to be found. On 05 April 2017 we had a worker here from America's Pride Cooling and Heating who did a great job on our annual A/C and heating check. Good guy, on time, 5-star work. I paid by check but here we are a month later that check also has never been deposited. I don't want to stiff anyone, especially small firms. Obviously there are internal performance issues in how the back-office processes handle payments by check for work performed by OneGuard service providers. I like the services, want to continue, but need them to fix their payment processes.

OneGuard was recommended by one of my friends who's managing houses. I submitted everything regarding my claim mostly online, and it's been good, except when something was not covered like my dishwasher that has been making a really loud noise. I put a claim online but it if I called then I would have found out that they don't cover noise if nothing is defective. I thought the noise was going to be something that was actually starting to break. But although that may be the case, until it's broken, they're not going to be covering. It was frustrating because they tend to direct you to go online but unless you know the in and out of the policy, then you may be wasting some money, which was what happened to me. Also, with the technicians, it's been simply a hit or a miss. I got a couple of companies that were not super friendly and not the greatest. Overall, it's been a good experience, though, and they've done a good job.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Alden, Thank you so much for the rave review and 5 star rating regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Our goal is to provide you with hassle free service that exceeds your expectations and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for the referrals this is the biggest compliment we can get! We truly value your continued business over the last four years, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: April 26, 2017

In Arizona, one of the things you got to have is air conditioning. We can get along without a lot of other things but not the air conditioning, much especially in the summer and that was the main thing to have protected. My neighbor has been with OneGuard for a long time and she had me come down several times when she was having service done. I would babysit the house while the technician was fixing whatever she had being fixed so, I got to know and watch a lot of the people that did the work.

Submitting claims is straightforward and easy. We get calls from the technician before he comes on site and everything has worked out perfectly. We had a couple of problems with the air conditioner and the people that came to fix it were very pleasant and they knew what they were doing. One guy had to go back to the shop to get a printed circuit board for it and everything has worked out fine. We’ve had several technicians, and I have absolutely no complaints with any of them. They've got so many good subcontractors who are evidently very good employees. I know my neighbor is very happy with OneGuard, and my wife and I remain the same. Everything has been excellent and great, and I'd be glad to do a recommendation for anyone.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Sandra, Thank you so much for the 5-star rating regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We have representatives available 24/7, 365 days a year eager to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your businessand look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: April 23, 2017

The people whom we bought the house from have the account with OneGuard Home Warranties and we took it over. Submitting a claim has been fine. When I need to have service, I call them. I found their reps to be helpful and pleasant. I've also been satisfied with the contractors. The repairs worked out fine.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Terry, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we appreciate your patience while we located an HVAC contractor with sooner availability. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: April 22, 2017

I have been with OneGuard for a couple of years and they've been great. Safeguard is the other one that's pretty common out here in Arizona, but OneGuard sounded more like Arizona-type company than national-type one. They have an office in Peoria and when I went down there, the people were super nice. And I felt that that's what I wanted to do. Submitting a claim with them was easy and perfect. The claims rep who I spoke with was great. The vendor that was next up on the list was not available for a week and a half so I told her that's a long time to wait. She immediately said she'll get me someone that can get here faster. And she immediately did that, called me back and said, "These people will be there tomorrow." They cancelled the first vendor, got the second one on the claim, and it was done. You can't beat that. Everything was perfect and the second contractor they sent was excellent, fast, and friendly.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Profile