4.27/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

124 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We had a refrigerator failure at our income property. For the single service charge, OneGuard arranged three times for service personnel to repair the refrigerator, each time with short term success and finally OneGuard replaced the refrigerator with a new one of equal quality. We and the renters were very satisfied with OneGuard's efforts to solve the problem and with their no hassles offer to replace the appliance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We are still going through our recent ordeal with One Guard for our A/C in Phoenix, AZ. To sum up, we should have received a phone call to approve out of pocket costs on a Thursday from One Guard. The phone call did not occur, nor did it come Friday, so I called Friday afternoon. They approved the out of pocket costs of $1150 at that time, and said they would get the order placed for the parts necessary that day. This is for a home in a suburb of Phoenix, during a historic October heat wave, the house reaching temperatures of 90 degrees inside, with only the one A/C unit, for a family who has been faithfully paying customers for three years, with three children 3 years of age or less, including a 2 week-old newborn and postpartum mother.

The weekend passed with no word, and my wife called Monday to ensure we would get our repair completed. The parts had not yet been ordered and my wife was instructed they would be ordered and in by Wednesday or Thursday. After waiting two days, with my wife and children having stayed with friends and family for a few nights now, and also fearing nothing would get done without hand-holding, we called to get a status update, only to be told the ball had been dropped and the parts had not been ordered. That was yesterday. We continue to sweat like crazy, undergoing significant inconvenience not only for ourselves but also our small children and friends and family upon whose hospitality we have had to intrude.

In the last 24 hours, my wife has written and faxed a letter, and we both called to speak with customer service yesterday. I requested a call back from a manager and gave my phone number, and was told I would get a call late yesterday afternoon after an "internal training." I did not receive said call. Instead, a Team Lead, rather than a manager, called my wife this morning and was flatly rude to her. I called and happened to get the same team lead, named Josh.

As someone who worked in exactly the same role for a telecommunications company years ago, I can say with considerable experience and expertise that he was the most frightfully unfriendly and rude customer service supervisor I have ever heard over the phone. He advised me that he was actually in the authorizations department, not the customer service department. I requested to speak to his manager and was flatly denied. I requested to speak to someone in customer care and was denied a transfer.

Early in the conversation he had stated that he could have someone call me back. When I requested this route of service near the end of the conversation, I was flatly denied. I was told in no uncertain terms that the "glitch" that caused our order not to be processed was our problem, and no amount of inconvenience or discomfort on our part would change the fact that everything we've had to go through was not worth a subsidy of any kind from One Guard, who is clearly the party at fault and the reason for our delay. While we were soured about the internal level of service prior to the interaction, the over-the-top, in-your-face, historically rude conversation I had with Josh was what prompted me to leave this and other similar reviews on other sites. I am shocked and appalled that we have been treated in this way, and we will undoubtedly be taking our business elsewhere. Please do not use One Guard. You will regret it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Replace water heater - OneGuard had Jamco Plumbing do this work order- and like the other work orders it was handled professionally, very promptly and to our complete satisfaction. We are very happy with OneGuard and can recommend them with confidence.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Cliff, Thank you for the rave review and 5 star rating regarding your service experience with OneGuard and Jamco Plumbing! Our goal is to provide stellar customer service, and contractors that provide prompt and professional service that is hassle free and exceeds your expectations. We are so glad this was your experience when your water heater began to leak and required replacement. Please know it is always our distinct pleasure to assist you with all of your home warranty and home service needs. We truly value your continued business and your referrals, and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Have used for over 6 years and have recommended to two friends that also now are w/ OneGuard. Superior repair services on everything! The best part is the rapid response time when a service is needed. I have used for appliance repair, garage door, AC, water heater, garbage disposal, etc. l like the fact that they are based locally.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Diana, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard over the past 6 years! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Knowledgeable and friendly technicians that provide prompt service is exactly what we strive for! We truly appreciate your continued business and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We have had One Guard for 2 1/2 years. We always get prompt service when we make a request. The majority of the service people are knowledgeable and friendly With one exception. I have not felt the service provider was trying to sell something we did need.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Robert, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Knowledgeable and friendly technicians that provide prompt service is exactly what we strive for! We truly appreciate your continued business and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I bought a house and my realtor recommended OneGuard to us. Last year, when I submitted a claim for an air conditioner, I got a reply right away and a contractor assigned to us. Their claims reps were very good, but the contractor that they picked to do the job was not so good. We needed four job orders to get the job done. It was only at the fourth time that they got it done. This time, we placed two orders. The first job was for our AC that was down again. After a week of completion, it's down again. And it's summer, so we had to wait four weeks to get it done. But the second time, they replaced the parts and it's working fine. It has been almost a month and it's okay.

I usually just talk to the person at the frontline but lately, we needed to talk to a manager to get everything running. And the manager was very helpful. She showed that she cares about us. Also, the first year’s fees were reasonable but it went higher on the second year. But despite that, we got used to the service, so we kept it and we were happy with our experience.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kimvinh, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a positive review! Our top priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we truly value the feedback regarding your service experience, and also having the opportunity to help achieve positive resolution for the air conditioning repair. Please know your situation was extremely important to our manager and she was very happy to offer you her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I'm in Texas and it gets freaking hot here so when the AC goes out you want it repaired within 24 hours. If it's a holiday or over the weekend it could be four days before they can get someone out and that's a little frustrating. Submitting a claim with OneGuard was an easy process but I wish we had a quicker turnaround on AC repair. OneGuard's contractors were also not quite as good as someone that I would be calling and paying full price for because I've done both. Their contractor put a bandaid on the AC and it works until it breaks again. I've called the warranty company on some things and I've called just outright repair companies that a bunch of my neighbors use. The repair companies that aren't being paid by OneGuard do a little bit better job.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Joy, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 4 star review! Our top priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we regret the frustration regarding your service experience for the air conditioning system. Please know we strive to ensure all our valued homeowners are serviced as quickly as possible with viable repairs, and we appreciate your patience with timeframes. Please note when determining whether to replace or repair, OneGuard takes into account many factors including the contractor’s diagnosis, cost of the repair, previous OneGuard repair history, and age of the system. We are also here to help answer your questions regarding any of your service requests. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued long-term business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We are very happy with OneGuard. Service requests were answered promptly and in a courteous manner. We appreciate their assistance in finding the best and fastest attention to the various issues we've had.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Donna, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your prompt, courteous, and timely service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business of four years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

OneGuard was a part of my real estate purchase and since they are a very good company I ended up staying with them for two more houses. I do my claims submission over the phone and it is easy. I've never had anybody not be courteous. Everything has always been handled how I would want it to be handled. I only had one company that I had an issue with. When I had a problem with that company I let OneGuard know right away and they immediately got another company out to have that same problem taken care of properly without issue from the technician. I appreciate their customer service and that they really take care of the customer. OneGuard is a good value for the money and I've referred a lot of people to them. Word-of-mouth is biggest compliment somebody could give.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gina, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experiences! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find with your home warranty is everything we strive for. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We purchased our home and the OneGuard warranty was part of the deal. Submitting a claim was an easy process and the reps were knowledgeable. However, the contractor had a four-hour window to call us back and I called in at 1:30 but they close at 5:00 so I missed it by 30 minutes. I was frustrated by the fact that I didn't get a call back that same day. But at least, they came the next day. He called me in the morning and came out so I was glad about that.

However, his English was not very good and when he called, it sounded like he was saying he was from AT&T. We didn't have an appointment with AT&T but we have just had some dealings with that company so it was a coincidence. Plus, we were on a cellphone that was going through our car and so, with all that together, it made the call really difficult. Finally, we figured out that he was calling from the AC company, not AT&T. If he had called and said that he was coming from the name of the company instead, we may have understood better. It threw us off because he was calling and we were going out of town. Other than that, the contractor was nice and very good. My father-in-law came to meet him and it took longer for him to write the ticket of it than to fix the air conditioner. I would definitely recommend OneGuard and I have recommended them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tammy, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review! Our top priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we are glad everything worked out with the contractor, and that you received service the following morning. Please know we truly value your continued business of six years and your recommendations, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I wanted to be covered from unnecessary exposure to expensive fixes around the house and OneGuard had decent ratings. Submitting the claims had been very easy. You can call them up and tell them what's happening or they have an online portal as well. The technicians don’t come over the weekends but anytime you file a claim, OneGuard would call the same day typically and then they'll schedule for the next day. We scheduled on a Friday and then the technician came on a Tuesday. That was smooth.

The only thing that was annoying was that they don't have any form of emergency calls. We were calling about the air conditioning and it was over 100 degrees in Dallas, Texas but they won't come out on an emergency call unless you have both air conditioning units out and it's above 105 degrees. We have two air conditioning units and the smaller unit was working but only in the bedroom and the big AC unit was out. It was 85 degrees in the house every day.

The problem started with the air conditioning not working and the first guy said it was lacking coolant. He added coolant and the unit was supposed to defrost because he thought it was frozen over due to the lack of coolant. He said it should work but it never did so he came back again and by the third visit he said it was a broken evaporator coil which was going to cost me $2,000. At that point, we called for a second opinion but OneGuard didn’t want to send one out so we called our own and paid for it out of pocket. It turned out that the problem was a dirty air conditioning filter and the filters needed to be replaced. What was really shady about the whole thing was that the first guy never checked the units. Both AC techs who came out after the first company said that the first thing you do is check the filter which is basic but the first guy didn’t do that.

When we replaced the filters, it worked for about an hour then, unfortunately, the compressor went into thermal overload and shut off. The technician pointed out that the air conditioning system was not new and there was a very new piece of equipment. Then he asked if anybody had come out and done anything. So, the running theory is that the first guy knew he screwed up somehow and couldn’t keep the compressor going so he tried to put a charger that had some booster on it to keep the compressor running through thermal overload or kick it back on.

It took three more visits from the next guy to come out to be able to balance that out correctly and get it back to normal. It’s working now but it was fraudulent at that point. The first guy may have damaged the compressor, lied about it and then tried to get us to spend $1,500 more. This was all documented too. The third tech who came out had written up the issue in a way that if the compressor fails in any reasonable amount of time, then the first guy damaged the system. It was a really horrible experience. It took seven technicians coming out to fix the air conditioning unit which spanned over three miserable weeks in Texas summer.

Customer service was okay at first when the unit had never been serviced but they became rude on the phone. At one point, I told them that I work from home so I was literally working out of my bed because I didn’t have air conditioning in the house and instead of apologizing and saying they would get somebody out, she proceeded to tell me how the air conditioning went out in the OneGuard office in Phoenix during summer and they were forced to work and that she’s gone through it too. Then when we got in touch with their senior manager who runs the entire call center, I told her about that and she apologized. She said it would violate labor laws if they forced people to work on a 120-degree Phoenix day and that story was completely untrue.

In our experience, OneGuard was misleading and incompetent. It’s not right when you're paying for something and they guarantee it covers something, but they don’t fix the problem immediately and allow someone to sit there for three weeks without air conditioning and argue with them about it. That to me is wrong. We recently filed two more claims with them. We have a plumbing and a dryer claim and the technicians are coming out on Monday and Tuesday. However, we’re already looking to switch.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sean, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the OneGuard service agreement, and we sincerely regret the experience. Please know we truly value your business and hope to restore your confidence in OneGuard with your pending service requests. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

OneGuard Home Warranties was the realtor's suggestion when we bought our home and submitting claims to them was really simple. You just go online and select whatever item that you have issues with and proceed with the claim. I've had a handful of interactions with the claims representatives and they've all been positive. We're in Texas and we have pretty warm weather. I've had a lot of heating and AC type of stuff but I've been pleased with the contractors they've sent in the past. OneGuard's program also allows me to budget my major home repairs for the items that they cover and I'd recommend them to anybody considering a new or pre-owned home.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Joey, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your experiences using OneGuard online to create your service requests! Our priority is your satisfaction and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you, as well as your positive interactions with our representatives. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued long-term business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My realtor suggested I look into home warranties when I bought this house, and I heard about OneGuard when I first signed up for escrow. They're responsive when I submit a claim over the phone, and the claims reps are pleasant and helpful. Also, most of the contractors they sent out were thorough. OneGuard could have offered higher quality products for replacement items but overall, my experience has been fairly effective and positive.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eden, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a positive review regarding your service experiences over the last nine years! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please note that OneGuard also offers cash in lieu of replacement or the option to upgrade products, and we are happy to guide you through the process. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

In purchasing our home we were given brochures and different pamphlets from different companies from our realtor to go through and based on the overall stuff that was covered for the price I went with OneGuard. I felt like I was getting more for my money. Our AC went down in July and submitting a claim was an easy process. I found the home very hot when I got home so I went outside and saw the unit wasn't working properly. A one-start capacitor went out which was a minor thing but I called right away. I got a hold of someone there and they processed the work order.

It was a Friday and unfortunately the contractor couldn't be there until Monday. We had a 100-degree weather over the last 12 days and we were expecting to have a weekend with the same type of weather so that was unacceptable plus I had family from New York visiting so it was really hard. I called OneGuard back and I spoke with a lady but we got off on the wrong foot. She made it seem like that was the only company that they used out here so I went back and forth with her. I told her I really needed them to get someone else to come out here or I was going to have to bite the bullet, call an AC company myself and pay out of pocket. So she said, "Look. Before you do that, let me see what I can do."

She headed to her supervisor who came back with her real quick. They offered to put us up in a hotel room for three nights which was a very good gesture but it wasn't going to work for me. The next thing that she did was to reach out to another company out here that said they can make it out that morning and they did. So even though we had our little rough patches there we worked it out and I was very pleased with the outcome.

I even called back to apologize to the lady for coming out wrong in the beginning but she had already left for the day. I left one of her co-workers a note to let her know that I really appreciated everything she did and that it was an awesome experience at the end. The young man who came out was real respectful and nice. He called to tell us he was on his way and got there at the time he said he would. I took him to the back and he did what he had to do. Then he explained to me what was done. Everything turned out well and it was an awesome experience.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear John, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is your satisfaction and our service representative appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance to help achieve positive resolution for the air conditioning repair. Please know your situation was extremely important to her, and she is thankful that you called back and also posted a positive review. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

When we bought our house, we were told that OneGuard was a good company to use to make sure that we're covered in case something happens. It was very easy submitting a claim and the reps were really nice and courteous. The technicians have been very good too. They've been friendly and courteous as well. I'm very satisfied with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Karin, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a hassle free-experience with our service representatives that are courteous and nice. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last five years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I can highly recommend OneGuard as a home warranty purchase. I would rate this, and have rated this company with the highest marks. OneGuard is efficient, trustworthy, competitive, with work completed within a timely manner. I feel better with anything in my home knowing if work is needed (Plumbing/electrical), OneGuard is going to be there for me.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jo Ann, Wow!! Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your efficient, competitive, and timely service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we love the positive feedback, and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I've had a great experience with OneGuard. I usually submit a claim by phone ‘cause I’m usually explaining things. They’re very easy to talk and explain the situation to, and if they can't answer my question, they go find somebody who could. It’s been a few years since I had a problem that wasn’t really taken care of and in the last couple of years, everything’s been fine. They have to make sure that everything’s okay though, like double-checking on everything.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Janet, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 22 years!! Please know representatives are available 24/7, 365 days a year if you ever need additional assistance with any of your claims, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to offer you our personal attention. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My air conditioner went out and I called OneGuard Home Warranties. It was very easy to get a hold of them. I called them 9:00 or 10:00 at night, and they got right on it. They had somebody come out and all I paid was $59. It took about a day and a half, but the technician got out here and fixed it in less than 30 minutes. He was very knowledgeable. The people whom I bought the house from bought the policy for me, but I would definitely keep OneGuard Home Warranties. When they sent me the policy, they called me and explained some stuff to me. They've been very easy to deal with and they’ve been very efficient in giving me service.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear George, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! We really appreciate the feedback and your positive testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

OneGuard is better than my previous company. I just closed on my house, and on the night I moved in the air conditioning unit went out. I called them and then they called the tech. They didn't have the home inspection on file to see that the air conditioning unit wasn’t on there previously. They stayed with me on the phone for 45 minutes while I tracked down the home inspection and got a copy sent to me. I emailed it over to the claims representative, and he reviewed it. Then he talked to the AC guy who was here and got it all cleared. He gave him permission to go ahead and fix the unit. It was phenomenal and no other warranty company would've done that. They would've just been like, “Oh, find it. Email it to us and we'll call you back.”

The rep was very understanding and compassionate. He wanted to make sure I was taken care of. They even got the tech out here quickly. The tech who came out was excellent and knew what he was doing. He was a little frustrated because, unfortunately, he had a lot of jobs to do for the day. However, he hung in there with me, while we closed the administrative loophole. OneGuard is outstanding and I highly recommend them to everybody who needs a home warranty.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Shawn, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and our service representative. Your situation was extremely important to him and he appreciated the opportunity to offer his personal assistance, and your positive feedback really made his day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and your recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

OneGuard Home Warranties was the home warranty that came when I bought my house 11 years ago. They are incredible and they have a really simple claim process. You can order services online or you call them. I call their 800 number sometimes because I get up really early so I find the problems early in the morning. They answer the phone 24/7 and within 24 hours, the service providers are at my house. More than ever, it’s usually about eight hours wait. The reps I talked to were very friendly, kind and understanding. They wanted to help even if something isn't covered, which is a rare exception. They're also get back to me right away and I couldn’t be happier.

About two months ago, my big giant $18,000 refrigerator that I bought 11 years ago stopped working and the freezer just kicked out. I called OneGuard and they had a new refrigerator to me the next day. It was a comparable refrigerator and though it wasn’t the same brand, it was a name brand refrigerator and I had it within 48 hours. I also told them I just had gone grocery shopping and they gave me suggestions how to keep the food okay.

Normally, the technicians that OneGuard sent out were here when they say they're going to be. They are clean, they rectified the problems and they get me what I’m entitled to. I had them here today to fix the leak in my bathroom. I had put new tile down about a year ago and water was seeping out from the underneath the toilet. The contractor said it was probably not going to be covered because they were brand new tiles that were put down and were installed incorrectly. So, they had to get a part and they would come back today. When they came back, they found out that the toilet was installed correctly and something just moved so OneGuard covered it. The contractor even washed the floor and I'm really very impressed with them. I am very discerning and very hard to please. I pay $50 a month and the service charge is $65 so I expect to get something from my money. OneGuard Home Warranties is a caring company and has excellent service.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Linda, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experiences over the last eleven years! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find with your home warranty is everything we strive for. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your continued long-term business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Unfortunately I am very disappointed in my experience with OneGuard. My parents moved recently and purchased a OneGuard policy in the move. We have had to call for a couple issues and although we had to pay $69 for each service call, we never got any service! AC went out in Arizona Summer and they wanted us to wait three days for someone to come look at it (holiday weekend). We became so frustrated with them sending poor service people on fridge, we just bought a new fridge ourselves.

Since they could not get anyone out there on holiday weekend, and I am not going to have my parents and their pets without AC for three plus days, we ended up hiring someone ourselves and OneGuard won't participate in the cost. They don't have to legally under their contract which I get, but at some point doing the right thing for a customer is important!! Now we are stuck because they will force you to arbitration if you complain. You can't sue them. Save your money and do your research! Based on their marketing items, I would have expected a great service arrangement and was going to buy them on my rental homes. It's bittersweet that I now know how they (don't) take care of their customers.

Resolution response: Oct. 6, 2017

Ok, so out of the blue yesterday I get a phone call from a rep at OneGuard, even though I gave them 4 stars, perfectly acceptable by anyone's measure, they still wanted to make sure I was taken care of, due to my poor experience on one of my many claims. They have now far outperformed my expectations, in fact, they are one of the rare companies I've dealt with lately that has gone out of their way for customer satisfaction. You definitely don't see this level of customer care these days. Very cool, I have updated my review to 5 stars, and I highly recommend doing business with these folks in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The title company and my real estate agent strongly recommended that we do a warranty on our new house and OneGuard came with its purchase. I trusted these people for half a million dollars with the purchase of my house and I might as well trust their judgment when it came to recommending a home warranty. Submitting a claim with OneGuard was easy and the communication was very good. I got an e-mail and a text message from each individual contractor that I needed to come out. However, I ended up needing a significant amount of work. When we moved in, both the air conditioners quit and the dishwasher quit as well. A ton of things gave up and it was super frustrating. I’ve got a wife and four kids so I can’t have those things down.

Everything was good but the problem that we had with the dishwasher was that the claim cost me $75 for a $5 part. If I had just done it on my own or called the service out, it would have cost me less. And then both the air conditioners, downstairs and upstairs, went out a week apart from each other. I called on a Friday at 4:30 p.m. and they said that they'd get back to me in two business days to schedule. It was 104 degrees here in Houston and it was 120 after you add in the humidity.

I called them again on Saturday since I haven't heard anything back and then they said that it’s one or two business days, not including weekends. With that said, I would've had to move my family into a hotel if I couldn't get this figured out so I asked them what my options were but they said that I didn't have any options since it is what it is. I ended up paying a guy to come out and fix it. I spent $350 out of pocket for that and it cost me a lot of money that I wasn't expecting to pay. That was a bad experience and enough for me to tell my friends to be very cautious on home warranties.

The communication with OneGuard was absolutely fantastic and I had multiple claims out at one point. I've purchased three homes now and I’ve never had to deal with any kind of home warranty with the other two. The last thing I wanted to do was to deal with some complicated mess to get my things fixed. It was the responsiveness of OneGuard that I had a problem with. If my water heater had gone out, would it be the same deal as what happened with the AC? That would be a poor experience for how much we spent on this warranty and for how much we spend every time we make a phone call.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kjell, Thank you for the positive review and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know we truly value your feedback and appreciate your receptiveness to our communications. We sincerely hope we have effectively addressed your concerns and will have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I tried three other providers and a couple of experiences convinced me to get back with OneGuard. It's been very good with them and I've been telling people how great OneGuard is. I have filed several claims with them - plumbing, garbage disposal, garage door, water pump, and air conditioning which is the main thing. Having a heart condition, I have to have immediate attention as necessary. And I've never had any problems with the service. They respond very quickly and they send qualified people. It's expensive, but if you want good service, you have to pay for it. I don’t think they have enough people answering the phone though. Sometimes it's hard to get a hold of the reps, but one has got to be patient.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Samuel, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Please know we have hired more representatives to manage our increased call volume and we offer online service requests to help with wait times, too. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business of seven years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I've been with OneGuard Home Warranties for years now. They gave me the best deal. They do a good job when I need them. They are always answering me. I usually do my claims over the internet but when I talk to their claims rep, they understand what I require and who I need to come to my house to have things fixed. The contractors they hire also do a good job in fixing whatever I need fixed. OneGuard sends me the correct people to do the work. OneGuard is great and I'm satisfied with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear James, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your experiences using OneGuard Home Warranties online to create your service requests! Our top priority is your satisfaction and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you, as well as your positive interactions with our representatives and service contractors. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your long-term business of six years, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Generally a good experience. The vast majority of the contractors have been excellent. The bad one gave bad information and an extensively high cost. We called our own second opinion and the problem was fixed for under $50.00. Asked that the vendor not be used again.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear David, Thank you so much for your five star review of OneGuard Home Warranties. Our desire is for you to have an exceptional experience from your initial call to customer care through the completion of your repair. We are very pleased that this has been your overall experience the past seven years. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business. We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We got OneGuard with our purchase contract. My experience in submitting a claim with them has been fine and the technicians they have sent out have all been good. They've always fixed the problem. However, what has left a bad taste in my mouth is paying the deductible. Twice they came out here and did a simple fix and we paid them $70 dollars each time.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Christiana, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty needs, and we appreciate your understanding regarding the fee that is incurred with each service request. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have used One Guard for lock changes and plumbing issues and they were very quick to get my problems taken care of. I highly recommend One Guard not only to my family but also to all of my friends. One Guard has proven to me that they put the customer first?

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Darla, Thank you so much for the 5-star review regarding your service experience with OneGuard. Providing you with prompt, professional service, and the very best coverage in the industry is our top priority. We are very pleased to hear this was your experience with the rekey service and plumbing repairs completed at your new home. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard as your home warranty provider. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was doing research on different warranty companies and somebody recommended OneGuard. When I looked into them, I went ahead and moved forward because their contractual coverage of high-end appliances was much better than most. But they are dialing back. Their contract used to be to replace like with like, but they capped it with a dollar limit now and offer the funds rather than replace the unit. So if my side-by-side Sub-Zero refrigerator goes out and there’s nothing they can do to fix it, they’ll give me $6,000 and tell me to go figure it out on my own. I’m really disappointed in this change to their policy but I have a higher-end home which comes with high-end problems and they've been usually really good about that. Nobody else comes that close, so I’ll stay with them.

Submitting a claim with OneGuard has been very good. I usually use the online tool because I don’t always have time to make phone calls. But when I find something, I put it online right away. Everybody I talked to has been awesome. I used OneGuard many times and I always had good interactions with the contractors, but my biggest frustration with them was that every claim takes at least two or three visits. They could never fix anything in one trip, no matter how minor. They always had to come out and assess the problem, then report back and get approval from OneGuard to do the work. It’s a total waste of my time because I had to take time off work every time and for anybody that works, it’s an issue. Their process is too long but they have been really good about taking care of things. I recommend them to friends all the time.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eileen, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last five years! We pride ourselves on providing the most comprehensive coverage and best service in the industry, and we truly appreciate the opportunity to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you also for your understanding with respect to coverage and patience in the situations where the contractor may have to return to complete repairs. Please know we truly value your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have had numerous things to take care of, but mainly an AC problem that persist. When I submit the claim, OneGuard is always quick to respond and submit the order for repair. I have no major complaints, but I would like for the company to approve a fix instead of putting a band aid on it every time. That being said, they have taken good care of me and I have saved a lot of money. It's a good investment.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Thank you for the 5-star review regarding your experiences with OneGuard. Prompt and professional service is exactly what we strive for with each interaction with our representatives and contractors. Please know, when determining whether to repair or replace a system or appliance OneGuard takes into account many factors, including but not limited to; the contractor’s diagnosis, cost of the repair, previous OneGuard repair history, and age of the system. Based on these factors, in 2016 OneGuard authorized the replacement of both HVAC condenser units at your home. While it is never ideal, at times it is necessary for a contractor to return to the property to make additional repairs. Please know our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we truly regret any frustration this has caused you. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Had tech out to give blessing on replacing 19 yr old a.c. unit. When I called for result, was told no, won't replace, just repair. Can't repair, with old freon not available. Totally unreasonable. Don't replace ductwork. Mine is original grey. Material was recalled.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ms. Condos, Thank you for allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand and help clarify warranty coverage. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the OneGuard service agreement. OneGuard will repair or replace a covered system or appliance when it experiences a mechanical breakdown as a result of normal wear-and-tear. According to the service contractor that assessed the air conditioning system, no mechanical breakdowns were present, and the unit was operating properly within the manufacturer’s specifications. OneGuard does not approve to replace a system or appliance simply due to age or efficiency issues, and ductwork is not a covered item under the service agreement. Please know we truly regret your frustration and sincerely hope this information helps. OneGuard Customer Relations

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information