Call toll free
4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

370 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Cindy ** too excellent care with my request for service regarding my wash machine. I am in Oregon and I have renters in my condo in Arizona. No problem, Cindy walked me thru the whole process and explained every thing in detail. The renters are happy to deal directly with the service repair company. Thank you.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Cindy! Providing service that exceeds your expectations, with friendly representatives and contractors that are courteous and professional, is our number one priority, and we love the positive feedback. Please know we have also shared your rave review with Cindy and she appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of Cindy and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My real estate agent set me up with OneGuard Home Warranties. When you first get a home warranty, some companies will offer you roof coverage but they unfortunately didn't and I didn't realize. Because of that, I wasn't happy in the beginning. But now I keep them and I recommend this to my clients. I'm an insurance agent and OneGuard has a better customer service than the other company we're supposed to promote. Also, I like it because they offer window cleaning and things other than just the standard taking care of appliances and systems.

Submitting claims with them has also been easy. I prefer to call in but their online site and app are easy and self-explanatory. Once, I filed a claim for my refrigerator. That happened over the weekend and OneGuard doesn't do anything over the weekend so they got the order on Monday. However, they couldn't send somebody out that day. A repair company came out by Wednesday, but they couldn't fix the unit and OneGuard had to send somebody else out. Another company then came out the day after the next day. It was ridiculous. OneGuard even told me that I could rent a refrigerator. I'm a single person, how am I gonna go and get that refrigerator? I have to pay for delivery and everything.

If OneGuard set that up for me and took care of that, I think it would have been a much more pleasurable compared to me going and having to find out how much it would cost and whatever. I didn’t have time to take off work to wait for that among the times that I waited for the people to come over, which were half a day. When you don’t have a refrigerator for several days, it gets very annoying and I'm a single person. I can't imagine what that would be like if I had children. I didn't have a lot of food, but I had to throw out what I had.

I wasn't satisfied with that experience, but it was one bad compared to all the other good claims I've had. My first claim was for a water issue. OneGuard sent out Pruitt, which was a name that I have already heard, so I was pleased that they sent out a reputable company. I've also had them have my hot water tank fixed twice, as well as my garage door and they were good experiences. I even referred the garage door guy to my neighbor. They used him and they were also pleased. I've also used their lawn and electrical service and those were great experiences as well. I would recommend OneGuard Home Warranties.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lindsay, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last four years! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We are also grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience for the refrigerator and appreciated your patience as we worked to achieve final resolution. Your feedback helps us improve the service we provide to our valued homeowners. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This was the first time I had used the ‘Chat’ function and I must say that Trisha ** was great. She was able to help me get my concerns resolved quickly. She even stayed on the chat until I had confirmed all my concerns were resolved. Great Job Trisha!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Diana, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and Trisha was very happy she was provided the opportunity to answer all of your questions. Resolving our customer’s concerns on the initial call or chat is exactly what Trisha and all of our representatives strive for. Thank you again for the positive feedback, we have shared it with Trisha and you really made her day! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team thank you for your continued business over the last 6 years, we truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. Yes it was. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up and Trisha ** via chat helped me to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in. She was polite and very helpful in answering my questions. I've been a customer for years and I am really glad they have my back. They do need more options on their service request website but I am happy the chat room works.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ayo, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and Trisha truly appreciated the opportunity to assist you with your service request and answer your questions through our online chat feature. Please know we are always open to feedback and if you have suggestions on how we can enhance our service offering, we would love to hear it! We truly value your continued business over the last 6 years, and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

OneGuard is wasting my time and not yet fixed my refrigerator. On Thursday my freezer was not cooling. We called OneGuard on Friday morning and submitted a service request. They scheduled Flemmings Appliance for diagnostics on Monday morning. By Monday, my refrigerator stopped cooling completely. The technician who came said the compressor is broken and needs to be replaced. He noted the serial and model number and said he will order one and someone will come to replace it in a couple of days. Later, there was no update. We followed up with OneGuard and they said someone from 7 Star Appliance will come for second diagnostics on Wednesday.

I have 2 kids and have been eating outside food since the weekend. OneGuard did not even consider my situation and taking their time. When I asked if 7 Star Appliance will come to replace the compressor, he said NO. They will take a look and then order and again someone else will come to replace after another couple of days. Lesson learned is don't buy any home warranty unless you have another appliance (refrigerator in my case) which works. I am very sad that we had to trash 2 trash bins full of food including juice, milk, eggs and lot of long term staples. Above all, my 19 months old and my 7 year old kids are not able to drink or eat homemade food. I wish there is a way to cancel my contract with OneGuard and get my refund.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Archana, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand and being receptive to our follow-up efforts of assistance. Our top priority is always your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your displeasure with your service request for the kitchen refrigerator. Please be assured your situation is important to us and we are actively monitoring this service request to ensure positive resolution is achieved on your behalf. We wholeheartedly appreciate your patience and understanding during this process and thank you again for the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We had service performed by OneGuard Home Warranties as a part of routine maintenance. I called the 1-800 number and the techs came out after a couple of days at a mutually agreed upon time. They were fine and knew what they were doing. They were also confident, relayed what their findings were and they submitted a report to OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear David, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know your satisfaction is our top priority, and we strive to provide the best customer service, from the initial request for service, to the completed repair. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for choosing OneGuard, we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We've had a few claims with OneGuard and our experience has always been very good. The process is cake and the representatives are professionals. They articulate what’s gonna go on and what the stages are. That's good. The contractors OneGuard has are very good as well. They explain exactly what they're gonna do, and are professional and thorough. They get the job done the first time and if they don’t have the part, on the next day, they would tell you what’s gonna happen.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jesse, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony detailing your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive for prompt service completed by friendly service professionals who keep you appraised of the status of the repair. We are thrilled to hear this has been your experience, and we are truly grateful for the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a OneGuard customer since we purchased our home. We renew every year and it's going on for six years. It is super easy to submit a claim. I can do it online or call it in. Their online site is very easy to use. The contractors who came to our home had been very professional. There were only two incidences where they were not very good and the company took care of it immediately. They credited me another service for our future years and took care of the immediate problem. The quality of works performed in our home had been good. If it fails or we have other issues with it again, they come out and fix it.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tracy, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 6 years! Providing best in class service by contractors who are friendly and knowledgeable, is our top priority, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and also assist with any service requests that may require additional attention to ensure resolution. Thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I've been with OneGuard Home Warranties for five years now and I'm happy with them. It has been very easy to submit a claim and now that I'm living in the house rather than the rental, it's been easier. I had a rental management company before and sometimes they get all confused when paying the bill. One time, OneGuard told me I owed, but I didn't think I did because I thought the management company was managing that. But then I think they screwed up and I had to trust OneGuard and pay what I thought was paid. Since I moved down here, I've had a couple of claims and I have not had any problems. I just call OneGuard up, give them my information, they would write a report, tell me they'd refer, I pay with my credit card knowing that I owed a service fee, and we go on with business.

I live in Arizona now and homes here have some really bad water issues. I needed to kind of take care of some of those issues. The plumbing company that OneGuard referred to me was top-notch. They were very fair, quick, and efficient. I trusted them. I even got to the point where if I had to go to a doctor's appointment or something, I just leave the key, and they come in and do the thing and leave. The guy who has been here a lot was very good in explaining what was going in, what was normal and what was not, and what I can expect. We're also on first-name basis.

Also, once, I wanted to have all the dust on my furnace vent cleaned out. I called in and they said that it wasn’t covered, which I didn’t think it was. I asked if they had someone in mind I could call since I'm new to the area and they sent me a recommendation to someone who does things. When I called her, she only did clean dryer vents, which I could appreciate, but then she gave me a name of someone as well. So, everyone was really helpful. However, I wish OneGuard would accommodate my oldness. I wish that they would send me a bill, but I have to do it the modern way over the phone. I've gotten used to that, but I don't like it. But then I trust OneGuard enough that I feel okay with that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kenda, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Making it easy to request service, and prompt and accurate resolution with friendly service professionals, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My brother and sister-in-law had used OneGuard Home Warranties and were really impressed. They loved OneGuard so we decided to follow in their footsteps. We took their word on everything and our claims experience with OneGuard has also been fantastic. The contractors are always quick to come and fix our issues. Our interactions with them have all been great as well. Even in terms of our most recent claim, it's been great since the repair and it works perfectly now.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kelsey, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are both prompt and professional is exactly what we strive for and we are always happy to help! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for choosing OneGuard, we truly look forward to assisting you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

UPDATE to "Fraudsters & Hacks" review on 11/7/19. The Washer warranty ended up taking over a month to resolve. Having been close to two weeks without a washer I decided just to buy one and deal with the warranty later. When they finally got back to me, they tried to replace a compact stackable washer with a full-size washer - presumably the cheapest replacement they could find. They then found the cheapest stackable washer they could find which was a different make. Even in their own literature, they indicate that different makes cannot be stacked, but even if you decided to do it anyway, the dryer I have has to be plugged into the washer which wouldn’t have worked with their replacement.

I agreed to the cash out option, $473 to replace the broken $1,000+ washer. I received the check somewhere between the first or second week of December. The initial service request was on 11/4, and the date of check was 11/15. I called inquiring about the check the first week of December and representative informed me that a check had been cut but they need to sit on the check for so many days in order for other processes to be validated.

So in summary, if get you insurance on say Lexus and don’t mind it being replaced by a Honda Civic, and don’t mind waiting over a month to get the replacement - I guess the service isn’t so bad. I had planned on canceling this contract once everything was finalized, but with the holidays and work commitments I kept forgetting about it until the automatic deduction hit my account. Interestingly, I received a letter today that read in part, “We are writing to inform you that due to OneGuard’s policy regulations and service expectations, we are unable to renew the above listed contract”. Well let’s see if they cancel the auto bill, I’m guessing not… I'm actually giving them two stars this time instead of the previous one, as they did supplement the purchase of a new washer - however customer service-wise, they are sub-par at best!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

One Guard is amazing. Over the last three years we've had Our AC compressor break, a microwave break, an irrigation valve blew up, and the dishwasher flooded the kitchen. All incidents were taken care for just the cost of a service call. For what we pay a year it is wonderful, it's saved us thousands over the long run. Today I had a minor issue with my account and within a minute or two Sara ** had it taken care of. I didn't even have to wait on hold. Well done guys.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jason, Thank you so much for the amazing review and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with Sara and OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know your testimony is exactly what we strive to do and Sara is exceptional in performing her duties, and your rave review really made her day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Go with OneGuard. They’re great. I’ve used them quite a few times. I’ve called in to file claims before and the representatives have been wonderful. They’re very knowledgeable. They schedule appointments and they’re there. Also, I haven’t had any problems with any of the contractors that they sent out. They were mostly on time, and everyone I’ve worked with was good. I had good service with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Cheryl, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such positive remarks regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and also provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. We wholeheartedly appreciate the opportunity to serve you over the last 14 years and look forward to assisting you with all your home warranty and home services needs for the years to come. On behalf of the entire team thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

OneGuard is part of our package when we purchased our home. Our realtor gave us the information. We call OneGuard when we submit a claim and we tell them what the problem is and they send somebody out. They’ve been great. Everything’s been wonderful - the claims representatives all the way through to the repair technician. The contractors show up, they do a good job, and they’re clean as well.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Victor, On behalf of the entire team thank you so much for the 4 star review and positive remarks regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Taking the stress out of home ownership and providing best in class service is exactly what we strive to do and we truly appreciate the opportunity! Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with your business, we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Putting a claim in with OneGuard is easy. I called in and I didn’t have to wait on hold very long. The reps were even helpful in terms of helping me find a solution without having to put a claim in. My disposal wasn’t working. And so, the customer service rep that I spoke to told me that maybe I just have to press the button on the bottom. So, they went above and beyond. I ended up needing to have somebody come out, and they came out and fixed the problem really quickly and left. I would recommend OneGuard to a friend.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Robin, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experience with OneGuard Customer Care. We are so happy that you found ease in creating a service request and are overjoyed with the opportunity to provide prompt and supportive resolution on your behalf. Your testimony is exactly what we strive to do! Thank you again for the opportunity, we truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My LG refrigerator stopped cooling and stopping making ice. The contractor OneGuard sent out has taken 3 attempts and now 3 weeks later we were told they wouldn’t be sending the contractor anymore and our refrigerator is still not working. We were told by OneGuard they had to see if it was still under warranty through LG. It is partially, parts but not labor. We have to now go through LG to get it fixed and pay them all the labor costs and then submit what we’ve paid and OneGuard will reimburse us in 30 days.

If I had extra money why laying around for this type of thing I wouldn’t have a warranty, I pay OneGuard for this. So, I’m going to be put out countless 100’s of dollars that I need to feed my family or put it on a credit card where it will accrue interest while waiting for OneGuard to reimburse me. (And OneGuard will not reimburse interest) I have thoroughly read the contract and nowhere does it state that I have to pay upfront and get reimbursed later. Seems like OneGuard makes up the rules as they go. I will be changing companies, or better yet, put the money I spend on them in an account to pay for these things as needed. Then no one will get my business. At this point, between the super slow contractor and having to start over with LG, I may go many more weeks without a refrigerator.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Amy, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our follow up phone call. Our top priority is always your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your frustration regarding your service experience for the kitchen refrigerator. Please be assured we have received the invoice for the repairs completed by a LG certified service contractor and have processed a check for the services rendered. We wholeheartedly appreciate your patience and understanding during this process and are here to offer our continued support and answer your questions 24/7, 365 days a year. Thank you again for the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

During my home warranty period, I called to schedule in August in Texas to have the AC looked at, as it wasn't working. We had tenants in the unit. They sent an incompetent Company/Contractor that came without a ladder, and diagnosed the problem as a motor not working when HE didn't even know how to turn on the unit. It worked fine the next day, when my husband turned it on. They don't allow you to used Competent Certified Contractors, and refused to come back and fix the issue which was "it needed Freon", or reimburse me when I had to have it fixed myself. The contractor also left the access to the A/C unit in the ceiling open when he left. I reported them to the BBB and they did NOT offer to come and fix the issue. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS! The WORST home warranty company!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Susan, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard Home Warranties the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to assist you and within the parameters of the contract, and we sincerely regret your frustration with the outcome of your service request for the air conditioning system which was not approved, due to the breakdown that was not the result or normal wear-and-tear conditions. We also followed up with you directly to explain the contractor’s diagnosis and why the service request was not covered. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This company has an amazing customer service. They always pick up the phone fast and resolve your issues in no time. For example Ralph ** went today above and beyond in order to get my warranty renewed. He answered my questions by phone and email and his great service convinced me to renew my policy with OneGuard even though the price was slightly higher than competitors. They did not failed me last year and sure won’t this one.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ignacio, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with OneGuard home Warranties and Ralph! Your questions regarding coverage and the contract renewal were extremely important to Ralph and he appreciated the opportunity to offer his personal assistance to you. OneGuard strives to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry while keeping the premium cost competitive, and we truly value your continued business. On behalf of Ralph and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

OneGuard Home Warranty does not back up their customers and sides with their lowest bidder contractor. If you have OneGuard, cancel your contract before you get screwed. Stay away from Speedy Elect & Air, their technicians are dishonest. I recently had a problem with Speedy Electric & Air, (972) 366-5700 and OneGuard Home Warranty, (888) 896-0014. I believe Josh of Speedy Electric left my heater system semi-operable after I asked him for a quote on a new system during a service call in Nov 2018. He worked on the system 13-15 Nov 2018 re-wiring 3 heating elements. I personally saw him working on one of the heater coils, I assumed he did all 3.

The months of November and December 2018 were relatively mild, and I believe my system worked at 2/3 capacity without much problem. On Jan 3, 2019, it was a bit colder, and I submitted a trouble call to OneGuard. Speedy was assigned to come and look at the system. On the 5th of January, the system seemed to be working okay, the weather was warmer also. When Speedy called to arrange an appointment, I told them the system seemed to be working, and cancelled the service call. On a cold night on 13 January, I decided the system wasn’t working to capacity. My normal electric bill is about $150 a month, January’s bill was $350. The air handler part of the system seemed to be on all the time.

Josh of Speedy came out on the 15th of January, and told me that a “limiter switch” was burned out and that one of the 3 heating coils was not wired, in fact, taped off. Talks with OneGuard revealed that the office of Speedy told them that the limiter switch was MISSING, and a coil was unwired. Re the Jan 3 service call, the office of Speedy told OneGuard that I FIXED THE SYSTEM MYSELF (from OneGuard notes). I can state categorically that the door to the air handler was not even opened, much less another service company or myself unwired and taped off a heater coil and caused the limiter switch to burn out (since Josh worked on the system 15 Nov 2018). It was obviously left in this condition on Nov 15, 2018, on purpose on the indication of buying a new system or forgetfulness. Josh left an estimate for a new system costing $2,512.00.

I trusted Josh and shook his hand. I’ve been with OneGuard since 2008, they’ve paid partially for a new ceiling fan, some plumbing problems and replaced my refrigerator twice (the second time after 4 service calls, they always take the cheap repair instead of replacing an obviously bad appliance, but that’s in the contract) for $732 a year. My heating system has been worked on at least 8 times since 2008 at $69 per service call. Stay away from Speedy Air and Heating and I urge you to cancel your contract with OneGuard, they take the technicians word over the customer making the customer out to be a liar to save money. Both Josh (Speedy) and Nicole (OneGuard) were argumentative on the phone. When they called to straighten out the problems, they already had their minds made up and listened to no counter information. Stay away from them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Steve, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation in its entirety. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the OneGuard plan, and we sincerely regret the outcome of your most recent service request for the heating system that was not covered due to the breakdown that did not result from normal wear-and-tear conditions. Please know we have followed up directly with the service contractor on your behalf to verify the details of their diagnosis. We have also spoken with you in an effort to further explain coverage and why the request was not covered. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Very dissatisfied with the experience getting my oven and washer repaired. Upon expiration of my contract, I will seek other warranty providers. My bad experience involved these three areas: The time it took for the service company to come over to diagnose the problem after initial contact. The time it took to receive the needed parts after diagnosis, and the refusal by OneGuard Home Warranties to permit me to use another service company after I voiced my concern about how long it was taking. From start to finish, my oven took 16 days to repair and my washer took 10 days. The technician didn't even arrive to diagnose the washer until seven days after service was requested. I have a family of five with three small children. 16 days without my oven and 10 days without my clothes washer is unacceptable.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear John, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret the frustration you and your family experienced while waiting for repairs to the washing machine and oven. We have identified several opportunities and have taken action to ensure you nor other customers have a similar experience in the future. OneGuard’s top priority is our customer’s satisfaction and we understand that having caring representatives and professional contractors that provide timely service are of upmost importance to you and all of our customers. We feel confident, provided the opportunity, that we can get back to the exceptional customer service you have come to expect from OneGuard. Thank you again for your business and the opportunity to regain your trust. We truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We had a company named something else before OneGuard which we've had for about 20 years. OneGuard bought it and I’ve had the same people. Submitting claims to them has been simple. I usually get someone, tell them what I want and they'd send someone out in a couple of days. The contractors they send out has always been very reliable, very nice and they always tell me everything that’s going on. So far, I’ve been satisfied with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Diane, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Making it easy to request service, and prompt and accurate resolution with friendly service professionals, is exactly what we strive for and we are very grateful for the positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business over the last 12 years, we truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My first claim with OneGuard didn't go very well. We had a hot water tank that wasn't getting hot and we had their guy come out. He thought he had it fixed but it wasn't. He then had to order a part. It took about a week or two before we finally got it running. We were out of hot water heater for three or four weeks and we were getting kinda perturbed about it. I called and they said there was nothing they could do.

Moreover, the guy came into my bathroom and messed with the faucets. I told him I didn't think that was the problem and I thought it was the hot water tank. The next guy came out and said that the first guy should have known that the problem was the hot water tank and not the faucets as there was nothing wrong with the latter. The first guy took them apart and put something backwards back in and so I couldn't turn the faucet back on. The second guy seemed to know what he was talking about and now it's working well.

Another time, our air conditioner went out and we had another guy come out. He took care of the problem right away. However, the second time, we got a guy that didn't know what he was doing. I think they should just have somebody that can solve the problem the first time out. Also, if the tech has to order a part, he should order it the first time he comes here, not the second or third time. The problem should be taken care of quickly. I don't think I'll ever get another warranty anymore because of the way OneGuard handled the situation. I'd rather just go out and get myself a hot water tank and pay a guy to put it in. It's much easier that way and I get it done right away.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Richard, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely regret the frustration you experienced, and timeframe involved to perform repairs. Please know your feedback is extremely important and helps us improve the customer service we provide. Please be assured we have spoken directly with the contractors to ensure repairs have been successfully completed on your behalf. Additionally, we are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to offer our continued support and to ensure that service is conducted in an accurate and timely manner. Thank you again for the opportunity to provide you with this information. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The OneGuard warranty was included when I purchased the house and then I renewed because they were better than other warranty providers. I've had the service for about two years now and every time I've called, everything has been taken care of. I've had no problems whatsoever. A contractor comes to my home in three days, max. And they’ve been excellent. I would definitely recommend the warranty. They’re really good.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Miguel, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are both prompt and professional is exactly what we strive for and we are always happy to help! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again for your continued business and recommendation, and we wish you a very happy New Year. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I am a Realtor and have had OneGuard for many years and many clients. What stands apart is that they offer replacement of any part or appliance they cannot fix that breaks during the course of regular use. That feature has personally saved me thousands of dollars! I have never had a bad technician and I can request a specific company be assigned to my claim. I highly recommend them and really like the peace of mind having a home warranty provider!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andrea, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most extensive home warranty and home services coverage in the industry, if at any time a covered system or appliance breaks down from normal wear-and-tear conditions the OneGuard contract will cover to replace the unit if our contractor determines it cannot be repaired. It has truly been a pleasure to assist you on so many occasions over the last 15 years. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team thank you again for your continued business and referrals! We truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

OneGuard has always been on time and I’ve had good service. All the good things that you’re supposed to get when you're a customer, they gave them to me, so I’m still with them and I've been covered for at least five years. The claims process is really easy. I just give them a call and they’ll give me a date, and they’ll tell me who has got the contract. If I think it takes a little longer, I give them a little nudge whoever it is that's coming out here to do the job, and they'll be right on it. The people that OneGuard has sent out to me were exceptionally good. They performed well and they were professional. They came out here and did the job and didn’t leave a mess, which is important. It’s an older house, so most of my problems have been plumbing, and OneGuard has done good to me.

Having OneGuard is a little peace of mind especially when you have a job that needs to get done and you don’t have the time to do it or you don’t know how to do it. I just shoot OneGuard a quick call, and they’ll send somebody out here to take care of the problems. I had some of the guys at work turn on to OneGuard. It’s something worth happening. It’s a couple of dollars a month but in the long run, it pays off.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eugenio, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive for prompt repairs completed by friendly and efficient service professionals. We are thrilled to hear this has been your experience, and we are truly grateful for the opportunity to help. Please know we truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

When submitting a claim with OneGuard, unless I call it a new claim, I don’t get fast service. For example, if I choose the option to say existing claims, they don’t respond as fast. If I select the new claim option, then immediately I get super fast attention. I really like the customer service just fine and so far, I never had a problem unless it actually comes to the money disbursement part of it. I don’t quite understand some of the decisions in the amounts paid. What they cover or what they don’t cover is pretty much a fine print illusion.

I had a problem recently with my water softener. They said I was not covered on that, then I never realized it. When it came to the AC, they kept telling me they wouldn’t cover the fluid so I'd still pay out of pocket a lot of stuff. I also had a microwave that was on top of my burner that broke down. The size of the microwave for a new replacement was not available. It took me months and I ended up putting a hold on it. The coverage on that was pretty poor as well.

I also had a dishwasher that broke. It would not dry and it would not even soap the dishes sometimes. It was very intermittent and had a very weird problem going on. Every day I used it, the dishes would come out wet and not clean. Each time I called OneGuard, they sent out somebody that tried to fix it. The technician tested it and said that the heater was working. It was drawing water on it and sometimes it would dissolve the liquid. Sometimes it wouldn’t dissolve the tablet. But the dishwasher didn't run the full cycle. They didn’t have the time to do it because the full cycle would take about three hours and they didn’t wait that long. They said they tested the things and it worked then they went away.

Several times, I had to bring the contractor back in and every time I'd do that, I ended up paying more money. They said the dishwasher was hard to fix. They told me that I had to use vinegar on that. It needed to absorb the tablet, that there was some other liquid. They just delayed it long enough that I paid $200 to OneGuard, and then I got a $640 check, and I ended up paying $1,000 for the new dishwasher. It took at least four visits before OneGuard agreed with me that the dishwasher needed to be replaced.

So having OneGuard at some point is not gonna be value-added for me. I might as well just pay for the service myself. I ended up paying more than what I would’ve paid without it, then the value of it went away. This home warranty thing isn’t working for me and that’s the danger with it. They need to make it beneficial for me.

Sometimes when it comes to money, the peace of mind that I expect having a home warranty is all about the fact that they cover things when it goes wrong. If I get the feeling that they don’t cover something and they’re hiding behind the fine print, then that’s a tough one. If OneGuard can somehow make it explicit like a small list of items of what they cover or they don't cover at the outset, I know what I'm getting. They could put it in fine print. This is standard for everybody. But there is so much fine print and detail like, “We cover this part of it but we won’t cover this part of it,” and that’s what people get frustrated. So, that’s one thing.

When I pay the premium $69 per month, I expect good coverage for all the things that break down. I know it’s a cost balance, like how much do they cover or which ones are failing a lot more. They have their statistical analysis for sure, and if the thing takes on a lot, there’s not enough money for OneGuard to cover this at the premium that the customers pay.

But the customer service listens and promptly responds especially the speed at which when I call, they pick it up and respond to it is amazing. I really like the people that they took. 90% of the time, the first responders are very good and fast. Then most of the technicians that do the services are very good except one guy that did the faucet stuff in my house. The first time around, there was a faucet that needed to be replaced. The guy came in and then said that he'd find the part and buy it. He went out and came back, and then he didn't install it. I wanted to buy it, and there was a lot of confusion because he said, “If you buy it, you can install it.” I told OneGuard that I didn't want that contractor anymore. But other than that, it was usually fine.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sreevatsa, Thank you for the review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we truly value your feedback regarding contract verbiage, and regret any confusion with respect to warranty coverage. Please know we have representatives available 24/7 to answer any questions you have or assist you in creating a new service request or recall. OneGuard guarantees all repairs for 30 days, and will create a recall service request, at no additional cost, if the breakdown is not fully resolved on the initial service call. Our goal, of course, is for the contractor to accurately diagnose and repair the covered system or appliance on the initial appointment. If a covered item cannot be repaired, or is no longer deemed a prudent repair, OneGuard will authorize replacement. In these situations, we will replace with a system or appliance comparable in features, capacity, and efficiency, or will offer cash in lieu at OneGuard’s cost for the comparable item.

We appreciate your patience throughout the claim process with the dishwasher and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to assist you. Please be assured we have verified that you incurred only one trade service fee charge associated with this appliance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business, we truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

First time homebuyer; Trisha ** was awesome and helped me get set up with my home warranty! I was having trouble with my logging in so she offered to call me to set up services. Definitely will be my go to person in the future!!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha. Your satisfaction is out top priority and Trisha appreciated the opportunity to assist you with creating a service request. Please know we have friendly representatives available 24/7 so we are here whenever you need us! One behalf of Trisha and the entire OneGuard team, thank you for choosing OneGuard for all of your home warranty and home service needs. We truly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My first call to OneGuard for my side by side freezer that was intermittently defrosting was on 9/26. They have sent 2 repair companies, 6 repair guys, supposedly "fixed" it twice, we waited 6 weeks for a part that was never ordered and then they said it was not needed. I have had to take time off work each time and have been without a freezer for 3 months, through the holidays! Tech out again Wed, and now they say because the problem is intermittent, they can't fix it. The freezer cools and defrosts throughout the day so I can't keep anything in it. The repair guys have seen it and acknowledge it is happening.

OneGuard says unless a service tech is here at the exact moment it stops cooling they can't fix it. Ridiculous! They should be calling it unrepairable and reimbursing me as their policy states they will. I think 6 visits make it unrepairable. I guess I have to have the service tech sit in front of the freezer for hours to catch it, but wait they are only here for 5 minutes! Shame on you OneGuard for not living up to your commitments!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alane, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret the frustration you experienced in our attempts to identify the intermittent breakdown to the kitchen refrigerator and ice maker. We wholeheartedly appreciate your patience and understanding as our service contractors have worked diligently to identify this intermittent malfunction and provide you with sound resolution. The service contractor has reassessed the unit but again was unable to replicate the malfunction and reported to OneGuard the freezer and refrigerator are cooling properly at 0 and 35 degrees Fahrenheit. The contractor has also contacted the manufacturer for assistance and they advised the unit is working according to their specifications and were unable to offer additional phone support. Please know your situation is extremely important to us and we are available 24/7, 365 days a year, and always happy to answer questions and provide clarification. Thank you again for the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had never worked with a home warranty service provider before and was somewhat skeptical. We did purchase a home warranty service provider, OneGuard, when we purchased our last house and have had to utilize the service a few times. The customer service representatives have been exceptional. Sophia **, was courteous, and caring. She took time to understand the problem and get the right service provider. I could say this about all the other representatives I've worked with from OneGuard. Secondly, the service providers they use are professional and timely. I have been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience and would recommend it to others.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Pat, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with Sophia and our service contractors! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we truly appreciate the opportunity. Please know that we have shared your review with Sophia and she was so pleased to hear your wonderful comments. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have two other "major" home warranty companies during over the last 20 years, and OneGuard is far better than either of them. It's not even close. I've never had anything but responsive customer service when filing a claim. They have always answered my questions thoroughly, promptly... and honestly. Perhaps most importantly, the service companies they have sent out have always been wonderful. Those of us who have experience with these companies know how important... and different... that is. A special shout out to Billy **. He recently handled my refrigerator repair. When the part to fix it could not be find, he immediately approved a buy-out at the policy maximum. No hassles. Get OneGuard!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ken, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and special shout out to Billy! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to help. Please know we have also shared your review with Billy and you really made his day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and recommendation, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information