2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties Call Now Toll Free (844) 482-7396 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: June 12, 2020

One Guard quickly arranged an air conditioner repair for us when ours stopped working Thursday afternoon, 6/11/20. My confirmation number is 1929121. The company contact was Pro Solutions Air Conditioning. They did reach out on Friday morning to schedule service. The guy told me they could be here on Monday, 6/15/20. I told him I couldn't wait that long, I have two dogs to think about as well as my wife. Plus, today will be 110 degrees, and the rest of the weekend too. So he said he could come tomorrow if I paid him $89.00. I told him to forget it.

I called back to One Guard and got your customer service rep, "LILA." She was a breath of fresh air. She was very sympathetic toward my problem and volunteered to try and contact another service that could help. She came back on the line and had lined up Universal Air Conditioning (very competent and would use anytime). Long story short-they were here in a half hour and fixed the problem. I just want to say that LILA is a credit to your organization. She is not averse to going the extra mile for your customers. I want to let management know how well she performed in this emergency. Many thanks, LILA. Paul **

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paul of Peoria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Lila! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have shared your review with Lila and she was humbled by your kind words and really honored by the opportunity to advocate on your behalf and secure a sooner service appointment for your air conditioning system. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

When we turned on our air conditioner, it wasn’t working even though we’ve had it serviced twice a year. It was gonna be 100 that day. So thank goodness we had just bought OneGuard home warranty recently. We didn’t buy a warranty years ago because we’ve replaced everything in our home on our own but my sister-in-law told us that OneGuard Home Warranties is fabulous. She told us that every time they needed something, they were there and they replaced it. So we went with them and we will never ever be without a warranty again because when we called them, they came out immediately the next day. It was on a weekend and they sent somebody out on Monday and we had the part in and installed by Thursday. They were amazing.

The only thing that was lacking would be when the serviceman came, he didn’t have a card with him. He just came to the screen door and my husband said that he must be with the repair company. He said, “Yes, I am.” He didn’t have a shirt or a card that identified him. But we really liked the man. My husband said he was a friendly man. He knew exactly what he was doing. The motor had gone out in our AC and they replaced it. He was done in about an hour and he was gone. It was a wonderful transaction.

I talked to Joanne in regard to buying the policy and she was fabulous. She was so clear with what they would cover, what they would do, and how much the premium would be for what we decided we wanted to cover. We would tell the whole world if we could. We’ll never go without a home warranty and OneGuard’s the best. We’re so grateful that we have got them on our radar and they were very easy to work with.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Patricia of Sun City West, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and remarks regarding your outstanding service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors and Joanne! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and your testimony is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We agree! Joanne is an asset to OneGuard and the epitome of customer service, and she really appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for such thoughtful feedback! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

When I went to an open house, there was a cardboard thing about OneGuard that stated what they covered. It was put on before anyone put any offers. I bought the house and the warranty came as a sales feature. Whenever I make a claim with them, I talk to their representative and everything is great. Most of their contractors have been good too although I had a really bad experience with one of the providers last summer regarding my microwave. Other than that, I had positives experiences.

There are several things wrong with the house. When I had a water heater issue, I got it replaced and that was an awesome experience. OneGuard couldn't replace the gallon that I had - I guess it was a weird amount - so I either had to pay more to get something that was of a bigger capacity than I had or they would have to give me something smaller along with a credit. I ended up going smaller and they actually gave me money back. But I had to pay some of that money back to the people who worked on it because it cost another $130 to fit it to this other size. I still got compensated for the fact that it was not what I had before though and it went well.

I also had issues with the sprinklers and that went well too. I love the contractor Sprinkler Doctors and I would definitely use them again. I also recently got a plumber out for plumbing issue. I cannot say enough about that guy. I asked for his card because I'm moving. But he didn't even need more business. He said he appreciated the thought but he could get enough business from OneGuard. He was happy doing all his business through them.

Although I had one horrible experience with OneGuard about the microwave thing, it is not enough to have me hate them. Overall, I had such a good experience with their customer service rep. They had friendly and professional staff. They were easy to work with and there was a smooth process in resolving issues. I actually chose to buy their coverage when I listed my house and offered that as a selling feature. I'm also buying OneGuard for my new house.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our wonderful service contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we are absolutely thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the services we offer. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was a Realtor for 10 years as well as being a personal homeowner and I have dealt with so many home warranty companies. I thought other companies were good in the past, but One Guard takes it steps further and is absolutely EXCELLENT. From the ease of starting a new home warranty with them, to how quickly and efficiently claims are handled with zero stress (I have had an AC repair claim and sprinkler repair claim), to their amazing customer service.

I gave a A review for the BBB a week or so ago (my first ever BBB review) because of how much an agent there helped me out one day, and today I received equal help from another lady named Trish **. They go out of their way and exceed expectations making my experience with this company top notch in what otherwise could be such a stressful ordeal. I highly recommend them, you will feel very covered and protected from homeowner stress! I also really like that they offer coverage other companies do not. I love having my sprinklers covered, and my yard maintenance and pest services are now through OneGuard. I am excited to also use the tile and grout cleaning service in the future.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Deseree, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, Trisha, and our contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we love the positive feedback. We also appreciate your BBB review! Please know we have shared your rave review with Trisha and she appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and is humbled by your kind words. On behalf of the entire team, welcome to OneGuard! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 22, 2019

We wanted to have a warranty because we were purchasing a new home. The Realtor that we had gave us a list of about five warranty companies that were rated well as far as he was concerned. He sent all the information about each company and I read over them all. I decided that I liked the way OneGuard presented things.

So far, everything has been good. I did my claims with them over the phone. But there was one contractor that we used that we had issues with and we were not satisfied with. They told us that there were quite a few things that were wrong and they weren't gonna be covered under the warranty. We kept having the issue and they wanted to do about $3,000 worth of stuff. After we did a little research, we did not felt that was correct. We opted to not even go through the warranty. I wasn’t familiar with home warranties and I wanted to get a second opinion. It turned out that the first contractor was not correct. The guy that gave us the second opinion fixed things for just the minimal amount, which was $50-something or so.

But we had another issue that came up. It was the air conditioning unit and I went through the warranty with it. I told the rep that I did not want to use that same company they gave me earlier and even told her that they might wanna take that company off their preferred providers because they certainly didn’t know what they were doing. She sent another person out and he was very good. My experience has been very positive and productive.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Please know we are available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888.896.0014 if you ever need additional assistance with any of your service requests. We are always happy to provide our personal assistance and help with solutions. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 8, 2020

I have had One Guard Home Warranty now for 5 years and find the service to be well worth the cost and peace of mind. Each year I renew I have the pleasure of dealing with Ralph ** who makes the renewal seamless.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jay of Surprise, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Ralph! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know we have shared your review with Ralph and he appreciated the opportunity to provide you with his personal assistance, and he loved the positive feedback. Please know we truly value your loyal business of of 5 years, and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 8, 2020

I've been with OneGuard for two years and every year, I was only having problems with my AC. I told them that the people who were sent to me did not evaluate properly. I got at least three or four technicians from different sources come and none of them pinpointed. OneGuard told me that they would not replace a new unit and they were not fixing the problem. I got tired of keeping on calling them and telling them that this was not fixed. I just went ahead and I got a new AC put on. But then when I had a plumbing issue, they replaced my disposable.

OneGuard was very slow in providing service. They don't care whether it is an emergency or not. Every time they send somebody, I feel that somebody is below average then he doesn't come and fix the problem right away. If I went privately and got somebody, that somebody would give me an assessment right away because they want the business and so they'll give a solution right away. If I'm not happy, I can go to somebody else. Whereas with OneGuard, I did not have the option to go to somebody else if I was dissatisfied with the person they actually sent. If I got any work done on my own, then OneGuard wouldn't take responsibility anymore for that.

I'm seriously thinking of discontinuing but then they already charged my installment for this month so I will discontinue the coming month. Now, my dishwasher has gone bad and I called them yesterday. The lady called me and said that she might not be able to send anybody until Wednesday. But then last evening, she called and said that somebody could come this afternoon to look at the dishwasher. If it is spoiled then I hope they will replace it.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sharma of Irving, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. We truly value your business and sincerely regret the frustration. In your situation, the first contractor that assessed the unit advised OneGuard no mechanical breakdowns were present with the air conditioning system, and no HVAC components in need of repair. However, he did note the condensate pan was leaking, which is not a covered item under the OneGuard service plan. The second contractor that attempted to evaluate the unit per your request, advised OneGuard you would not allow him to perform an assessment. Please know we believe OneGuard has always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and in accordance with the parameters of the service agreement. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this additional explanation. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 6, 2020

My toilet needed to be replaced, Niquan ** from OneGuard worked with me and the service provider to resolve the service request. As a customer, I am fully satisfied and recommend everyone to consider OneGuard when shopping for a home warranty.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Margie of Brookshire, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Niquan! Our number one priority is your satisfaction, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and we always appreciate the opportunity and love the positive feedback. Please know Niquan enjoyed providing you with her personal assistance and your thoughtful review really made her day. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs. We truly value your business and recommendation, and look forward to serving you again in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: June 25, 2020

Faith ** was a great help to me when I was learning about the options available to me for replacing my air conditioner using my OneGuard Warranty. Faith caught an error in processing and went out of her way to correct it on the spot, so that there would be no delays. Faith was very knowledgeable, kind, and offered me a great customer experience!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lori of Glendale,Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful comments regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Faith! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Your situation was extremely important to Faith and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we have also shared your rave review with Faith and she loved the positive feedback, and having the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business of 12 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 18, 2020

Their contractor asked us to pay extra fees for some cleaning service we didn't need. I didn't agree to pay. Later when I see the diagnose report in my account, it says an totally unrelated "Drain issue", and OneGuard denied the coverage. Later when I asked another company to check it, they told me Freon is very low, after adding freon, it's working fine. So I called back to their contractor and asked them why they didn't check freon? They said "coz you didn't agree to pay for the extra cleaning service." I told them that's cheating. Then they threatened me that they'll report to Oneguard and let them void my warranty. I couldn't believe what I heard! I called OneGuard and told them the whole story. I was hoping that they would look into the problem and reconsider their relation with that dishonest contractor.

Few days later, most unbelievable thing happened, OneGuard informed me that the warranty on my AC is voided! Oh! So I realized they are actually together! I asked why, they said, "Your indoor evaporator coil was impacted with debris, causing airflow restriction." Wow! They never mention that in the original diagnosis report and I never have any airflow issue. Totally a makeup story. I asked them can them send a second opinion? They said, "No! Coz your warranty has been voided according to our policy." I asked which policy? And they hanged up. Wow wow wow....

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Brent, OneGuard would like to review your situation firsthand. However, we cannot locate a OneGuard service plan under the name provided. May we please ask you to respond through Consumer Affairs with the contract information? Thank you for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
    Kitchen appliances$2,500
    Ductwork$500
    Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
    Permits and code upgrades$250
    Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
    Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
    2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
    3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information