Call toll free
4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard Home Warranties provides instant online quotes. Their customers appreciate the company's comprehensive home care coverage and fast service time. Warranties cover appliances and home system components that break down.

PROS

• Easy to call in and submit claims
  • Representatives take time to fully answer consumers' questions
  • Authentic, helpful communication
  • Professional, experienced contractors perform quality work
  • Often goes above and beyond to provide an exceptional customer experience

CONS

• Some customers experience long wait times to get technicians out
  • Technician qualifications can vary

326 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was once told by an industry insider that home warranty companies business model to minimize costs is to refuse to provide services, do multiple repairs when replacement is indicated, and keep the customer running around. 80% of people end up giving up, saving them thousands of dollars. If you do fight long enough, there is no penalty if they end up having to pay (the other 20%). They prey on the elderly.

I can only describe my experiences (plural) with OneGuard as feeling just like that business model! If it's something small (less than an hour labor) they will usually address it - otherwise for me they refused to do the work stating "it's not covered" (even though their website clearly states the work was within the warranty scope), or tried to up-charge me. Then when trying to sort it out at the company level, there is only one person to try and deal with their customer service issues (Donye) who had a "tough luck" attitude... SAVE YOURSELF TIME, MONEY, AND AGGRAVATION AND LOOK ELSEWHERE! This is an area that needs better regulation!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Ralph ** gave me a courtesy call a few days before my policy expired. I had reservations about renewing but he convinced me to stay by explaining the value of their plans. I couldn't afford to pay the policy in whole so, he set me up on a monthly autopayment plan. He's very responsive to my messages and easy to speak to - no ego.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have now filed 3 claims with OneGuard, they have found a reason to deny all 3. Their reasons for the third denial sounded fishy so I hired a professional to perform the same inspection they claimed to have done. The results contradicted everything OneGuard claimed. When I presented this to them they then came back with a totally different reason to deny the claim. Do not waste your money with OneGuard. They take your upfront fee, then charge you a service fee every time they send someone to inspect your claim, then they will lie to deny the claim and then change their reason for denial when they are called out on their lie. OneGuard is a very dishonest company.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jason, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is your satisfaction, and we sincerely regret your frustration regarding coverage and the outcome of your most recent experience for the pool heater. Please note the first service request you initiated was for an automated pool management system, which is not a covered item under the OneGuard home service plan. The second request was for the air conditioning system, and upon assessment, the OneGuard service contractor did not find any mechanical breakdowns and reported the system was operational. The third request for the pool heater was not covered by OneGuard due to the breakdown that did not result from normal wear-and-tear conditions, and also predated the beginning of the OneGuard service agreement. Please know it is our sincerest intent to operate in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the home warranty agreement, and we truly hope this additional explanation helps. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I called OneGuard the first time I submitted a claim, and then they said that the app was a lot more user-friendly, so I’ve done that twice. But as far as the actual submission process, it has been easy. The contractors have been great and they fixed everything that I have had them work on. I really like my pest control company. They’re very friendly. They’re always asking me if I need anything else or if there’s anything they can do above and beyond.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jenna, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties representatives and service contractors, and our app to set up service! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we truly value your business and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We purchased our home last July. We had to buy all new appliances and I wanted to make sure that they are gonna be working for a long time. We also had a bunch of different things that we had no knowledge of coming from Minnesota. We have a pool and a sprinkler system. We have a septic now too. None of these things were things that we previously had and we had no idea how to take care of them, so we wanted to make sure those were covered as well. We asked our real estate agent about home warranties that she would recommend and she referred us to OneGuard.

Their website has been good and I’m always able to submit things like claims. But where I found that OneGuard falls down is on backing up the work that their contractors do. We had some issues with a sprinkler tech that came out. The sprinkler had a leak we didn't know of and OneGuard didn't cover it. It says right in the paperwork that they don’t cover leaks which is okay. But the tech that came out turned the system on so it was pressurized. He said he was going to get some other things that he needed to get approved. What we didn’t know was on the far side of the lawn where we didn't go that much, it was leaking very badly. Our water company billed us for 180,000 gallons for a month. Our bill for water went from $100 a month to over $900 for the month. It was high because we have the pool and everything.

When the technician came back out three weeks later, he realized that he had pressurized the system so he turned it all off. He said we had a leak but he knew that before he left. But he didn’t completely disable the system. He just turned off the control system for it thinking it was not gonna do anything. But it was all pressurized so it was causing the water to leak. When we called OneGuard about it, they said that all of their companies were bonded and insured. The tech's company should take care of the problem. We tried working with the company but they told us that their technician took care of it and there was nothing wrong, so they were not gonna cover anything. OneGuard wouldn’t do anything either. That was really frustrating.

We’ve also had a couple different contractors who came out that we had an issue with. Our furnace was replaced by somebody that OneGuard was working with at the time. That was at the beginning of March. When we went to turn the furnace on this year, it didn’t work. OneGuard's contractor installed a natural gas furnace but we have propane so it's like a huge fire hazard because the furnace is not set up to burn the correct fuel. It either trips the circuit to turn off the thermostat so it doesn’t burn or it starts a fire. We were lucky that it did the first and not the second one.

We called the contractor and told them what was going on and that they needed to fix the problem. OneGuard is saying that they don't work with the contractor anymore. But the contractor is saying, “We need to get this fixed for them. We don’t wanna void their warranty because we went out and did work to fix what we did wrong in the first place.” Now the contractor is trying to get the okay from OneGuard to come out, do the work and fix the furnace. I haven’t heard about the status of this issue since before Thanksgiving.

With OneGuard, the process works well as far as getting the technicians out. There just isn’t a lot of responsibility on OneGuard's part for anything that their technicians might do. There's also the thing with refunding a service fee. We have the $69 that we have to pay every time a technician comes out. OneGuard never offered to refund that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Ralph ** called me today to let me know my coverage was set to expire. He arranged for automatic payment and helped to renew another policy which was soon to expire on another property. Ralph was very knowledgeable and helpful with regard to the policies. I'd also like to comment that in the nine years that I have been with OneGuard, I have never been dissatisfied with any department, whether it was to report a repair or purchase a new policy. Thank you OneGuard!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eleanor, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with Ralph! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We are so glad Ralph renewed both of your contracts and effectively answered all your questions, he really is exceptional, and your review made his day! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 9 years, and look forward to assisting you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We've been with OneGuard for years now and we've been satisfied with them. We call in our claims and we've never had a problem, and the quality of the work of the contractors they've sent out has been fantastic. What I like about OneGuard is that they will definitely follow up. If the contractor can’t come at a suitable time, they will reach out to another one. They also call and check to see if we're satisfied with the contractor that came out.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Keith, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your fantastic service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the 9 years! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help. Please know we truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When I had a claim, there was a miscommunication between the OneGuard rep and the company of the plumber. I did not like that the rep told me that the plumber was gonna come to our house the same day between 3:00 and 7:00. I was upset because I relied on that information and I had to miss a day of work waiting for the plumber all day who did not show up. When I called back, it took forever for the rep to answer. I got the same person in the three times that I called, but she got the problem fixed quickly and she expedited the problem. The plumber came out the next day.

The rep was very polite through the whole process and though I was angry at her and took it all on her, she was not rude so I apologized. She understood that I was frustrated and she got me taken care of. I interacted well with the plumber and he explained why it was happening. He also told me something that I could take care of myself and save me some money before calling them out the next time it happens.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Daniel, Thank you so much for the positive review and providing important feedback regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties, and also taking the time to speak with us this morning in response to your situation. Please know we truly value your business and sincerely regret the frustration you experienced when scheduling your plumbing appointment. We appreciate that you have brought this information to our attention and also your patience throughout as our representative promptly followed up on your behalf to ensure your appointment was successfully scheduled. Our top priority is your satisfaction and it is always our pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and your feedback helps us improve. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again for the opportunity! We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've had a good experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. Submitting claims with them is a quick process. I file them online and after a couple of days, somebody would call me. The contractors that OneGuard has sent me have been good. They would finish the job in one appointment.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Chandrababu, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and detailed testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive for prompt repairs completed by friendly and efficient service professionals. We are thrilled to hear this has been your experience, and we are truly grateful for the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Tricia ** was very helpful and friendly. This experience was perfect. When I got off the phone I actually had a smile on my face. Which we all know this is not something we experience often these days. Thank you Tricia.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ross, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and incredible testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and Trisha was very happy to offer her personal assistance. We understand that needing a repair completed in your home can be a stressful situation. Trisha and all our representatives are always pleased to assist relieve this stress, create a service request, and hopefully put a smile on your face. This is truly everything we strive to do. On behalf of Trisha and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again. We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I would like to thank OneGuard for excellent service. I spoke with Chris ** and he saved my holiday. I was in a dilemma and Chris had calm me down and solve the problem by finding me a plumber a day before Thanksgiving where I am to have dinner at my home. Chris thanks for expertise... otherwise my holiday would have been a disaster. Again thanks to you and OneGuard. Because of you my family holiday will be bless.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lynya, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and incredible testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Chris! There is never a good time for a plumbing stoppage and we understand the added stress when this happens right before a holiday. Your situation was extremely important for Chris to resolve, and the prompt and caring service he provided is everything we strive to do. On behalf of Chris and the entire OneGuard team, we hope you and your family had a very happy Thanksgiving! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I was moving back to the States after being gone for 20 years. Everything is new to me and OneGuard was the very first suggestion of my realtor when I bought my house. I thought that the price was relatively good as far as it was. It was $69 every time. I looked into all the others and they're pretty much the same. Submitting a claim is easy. I make the phone call and schedule it. They call me back and let me know when. And then they call me the day before. I appreciate that fact because sometimes I forget whenever it's a few days out.

The contractor they sent out helped me because I didn't know the house very well, like when turning on the heat, there are two switches and I didn't know. It's up in the attic. He ran it down for me and it was great. Also, I have used OneGuard for insecticides before we moved in. Although the gentleman they sent out was very nice, he liked to talk more than spray chemicals. Other than that, everything is alright. I don't have any bugs, which is a good thing. So far, I've been very satisfied with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Brett, Thank you so much for the positive review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to provide you with our personal assistance. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, welcome back to the states! Please know we truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I’m a realtor and I’ve been working with OneGuard for eight years. The price is good and they have a special discount for realtors. I’ve also used a couple of other ones but I would come back to them. I prefer them to the other major warranties. Some other companies have all those restrictions but with OneGuard, mostly everything is covered in the warranty. Plus they've been prompt in their service.

It's quick and without hassle to submit claims. I would tell them what is needed and they would send a repair person to get the work done. Until now, I've never had any problem getting any major work done. But I’ve not had anything major other than the fan motor of my AC which was not spinning. Mostly, I get the pre-checks for the AC and the heater done. I've also had a little plumbing problem and that got done quickly. The contractors they send out are also very professional and prompt. They call half an hour before they’re on the way and do the photograph of who’s coming so I know who’s coming to do the job. They're very good. Overall, I’m happy with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rohinton, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most extensive home warranty and home services coverage in the industry, by service professionals that are friendly, prompt, and efficient, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard, team thank you again! We truly value your continued business and referrals, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We had a plumbing issue that needed to be fixed immediately. Unfortunately, with the holiday schedule and weekend coming up, we were told by the contracting company that the soonest they could come was Tuesday (4 days) after the event. Of course we were in distress, but Trish ** took the time to call several contracted companies and find us someone to come the SAME DAY. Her personal interest, kind and professional manner earned a loyal customer for as long as we are homeowners. Thank you so much for picking the right kind of person to be on your team.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Toi, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and detailed testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha! Your situation was extremely important to Trisha to resolve and she and appreciated the opportunity to offer her personal assistance to you, and find a contractor with same day service. We agree! Trisha provides an exceptional and professional customer experience, and your positive feedback and recognition made her day! On behalf of Trisha and the entire team, thank you again. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The sales rep from OneGuard that we met was very hands-on. Any issues we had, she was on top of things. In addition to that, the claims process was easy. I just go online and do everything online. When I had an issue with the trash compactor, the first few people who came took a while to do anything. But when the right contractor came in, they took care of it. It was also easy to work with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Victor, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experiences using OneGuard online and with our sales representative, Elaine! Our mission is to provide and enhanced online service request option for our valued homeowners, and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do! We also appreciated the opportunity to assist you with the replacement of the garbage disposal and your continued patience as we worked to achieve final resolution. On behalf of Elaine and the entire OneGuard family, thank you for your business and referrals, we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I've been with OneGuard for five years and I like the service. Submitting claims is an easy process but they can improve on some of the contractors. The last two contractors were not good for me and I don’t wanna do business with those particular companies they sent to me. They didn't do their job quite well. One was supposed to unclog my toilet and my sink but the clog is still there. I was trying to tell the man that he needs to put the snake in there. He didn't do it because he said it worked. He ran a few drops of water in there and it went out. But when you run an actual bathtub or try to clean the sinks and fill them up, they don't drain. But he didn’t do anything.

Then the other one was supposed to fix my refrigerator but nothing could be done. He said that I didn’t clean the filter on it. But who pulls out a refrigerator to clean a filter? Nobody has told us to do that, ever. But aside from those last two experiences, the contractors OneGuard has sent out have been very good. Overall, they’ve been a great company for me and I've recommended them to several of my friends.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The OneGuard representative Joanna ** was outstanding. Her smile and pleasing voice radiated confidence over the telephone. She was exceptionally helpful in setting up a schedule for repair. She is exceptional in performing her duties. If I were now in business, I would hire her immediately.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lefty, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with Joanne! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We completely agree! Joanne is exceptional in performing her duties, and your rave review really made her day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We are snowbirds and have a couple of rental in Sun City West. OneGuard is wonderful for taking care of the issues that come up with the rental homes when we are not in AZ. They have great contractors that they use and they seem to always be able to make the tenants happy!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dee, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we truly value your continued business and the opportunity to help, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

In short – DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. You are better off paying yourself every month, and sticking it in specific use savings account. They are fraudsters – hacks – and just all around incompetent. If you want to know the detail, see below. I have been a customer of OneGuard for over four years. I have rarely ever need to use them other than the yard pest control services that they also provide with your contract. However, within the last year I have had an issue with my front load washer. When in the spin cycle, smoke would come pouring out of the machine, and when I’d open the door you could smell and see burnt rubber.

I called OneGuard and they sent a tech out to look at the problem. The tech only examined inside the door, and bent the inside of the tub edge with a screwdriver. He then called it fixed and left. I called OneGuard to tell them the issue wasn’t fixed, and the representative told me that they do not fix anything that isn’t broken. She argued that even though it was smoking and melting rubber, it would have to be not running for them to warranty it.

I kept using the machine by putting it in delicate spin cycle for about a year, until 11/4/2018 when it completely stopped working. I called OneGuard again, who said they would send someone out, and then asked if the credit card on file was ok to charge the service call fee. Uh, pardon me!? My exact response was, "No, I’ve already paid for you to come out for this problem, you refused to address the issue, this is on you." There was a long pause, then she responded by saying, "Ok I’ve set you up with X company, and you should receive a call sometime tomorrow to schedule a time."

Two days later I notice a charge on my credit card from OneGuard. I call to tell them if they don’t want to be reported for credit card fraud, they may want to consider reversing the charge on my account, since it was specifically stated that they were not authorized to charge my account. They agreed to reverse the charge and bill me later (at which time they adamantly refused to waive the service call fee that was due to their negligence and refusal in fixing the issue to begin with). However, all they did was reverse the charge on their books, and left the charge on my credit card. As of right now they are saying that I owe then the service call fee, even though my credit card says otherwise. The saga continues as of 11/7/18.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rich D, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the service agreement, and we sincerely regret your frustration. Please know OneGuard guarantees all repairs for 30 days, and if a problems persists with any covered item, we will arrange to send the contractor back to the home to further evaluate the situation. OneGuard originally assessed the washer on June 29, 2017, and adjusted the seal to correct an error code. On November 5, 2018, you contacted OneGuard advising the unit was still not working, which was outside the 30 day window. Therefore, we explained a new trade service fee was due per the terms of the agreement. We apologize the representative charged your card when she created the service request on your behalf. We have temporarily refunded the fee and have arranged to charge the card when the service request is completed. You should also receive e-mail notification before the card is charged. As of November 8, 2018, we have confirmed OneGuard is replacing the washer and we have spoken with you directly, advising our Fulfillment department will follow up next to present you with options. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps and that you will consider updating your review to reflect our efforts of assistance. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I requested service to get our garage door fixed. We immediately received a reply from a contractor through OneGuard warranty. Unfortunately the times that were available for the contractor to come fix our door did not work out well with our schedule. I called OneGuard and spoke to Trisha ** and she went out of her "Where are you," to find a contractor that would work on the weekend. She immediately set everything up for us. OneGuard and Trisha, thank you!!!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Veronique, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with Trisha! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Your situation was extremely important to Trisha and she appreciated the opportunity to help locate a contractor that could provide you with a more convenient appointment. We have also shared your rave review with Trisha and you really made her day. Please know we truly value your continued business over the last 6 years and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

OneGuard Home Warranties is very deceitful. They tell you parts of the truth and seem to purposefully leave out convenient details. Details that cause the customer financial and emotional hardship. The benefit to having a home warranty is to help ease the burden of things that break or go wrong in your home. OneGuard lacks any empathy, customer care or personal touch. You’re a name on a paper... they just want your money. Save yourself the stress, tears and frustration and choose another company to warranty your home. Hoping my review will save someone else from this hardship!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Nichole, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your frustration regarding our efforts of assistance and explanations of coverage. OneGuard does not reimburse for repairs or replacements completed outside of the warranty, and requires that an authorized OneGuard service contractor complete a firsthand diagnosis. In your situation, the supervisor you spoke with offered to review your itemized invoice for work performed outside the warranty to determine if OneGuard could help offset your expense, and you opted to cancel the agreement. Please be assured we have honored your request. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I want to give my Kudos to Customer Service Representative Joann ** for her professional and friendly service. I had several problems in which she handled very professionally and was very helpful and friendly. She was a pleasure to talk to and definitely an asset to your company. Thank you OneGuard for your great service!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Cheryl, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with Joanne! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know your situation was extremely important to Joanne and she appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. We have also shared your review with Joanne and you really made her day. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Long time customer. AC went out. OneGuard bid over 2500 above other quotes. Tried to work with them over 6 months. Got additional bids, many phone calls. Finally used another vendor rather than pay deceptive company any more of our savings. OneGuard did not reimburse one cent for covered claim. They used semantics to get out of paying. Cancelled warranty but they continued to debit our bank account. Stay away from this company. They are crooks, plain and simple.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Suzanne, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and providing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we truly regret your frustration regarding your cancellation and error we made. Please be assured we have honored your request and cancelled the contract. We have also backdated the cancellation to the original date of your request and credited the premium payments we should not have collected in September and October.

Please allow us to address your reimbursement request. On August 13, 2018, OneGuard Home Warranties acquired Allied Home Warranty contracts and became the point of contact for all service requests created on or after this date. Please note Allied still honors service requests per contract terms prior to August 13. In your situation, the service request for the air conditioning system was initiated in May of 2018, which was before OneGuard’s acquisition. Therefore, OneGuard recommended for you to contact Allied directly at 855.236.1313. Allied representatives are still available to assist you and answer your questions.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

OneGuard’s claiming process is easy and simple. I submit the claim over the phone and speak to a person. They have courteous and efficient representatives and technicians. I had them do the work once and it was done very well.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Khan, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is to always exceed your expectations and provide first class customer service. We are thrilled to hear that you found our representatives and technicians courteous and that your claim ran smoothly from start to finish. This is truly everything that we strive for! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business, we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My contract with OneGuard requires them to replace a broken dishwasher with one that has similar features. The primary reason that we picked the one we have - a Bosch - is the third rack for utensils, a feature they promote as one of the top 3 features of the product. OneGuard claims that it's not a feature, really because they get a good deal on GE appliances and just want us to take one of them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Doug, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your displeasure with the replacement dishwasher. We understand how important the third rack is to you. However, it does not affect the primary operation of the unit. Per your OneGuard service agreement, OneGuard is responsible for installing equipment comparable in features, capacity, and efficiency. OneGuard is not responsible for matching identical colors, brands and dimensions, or any features that do not contribute to the primary function of the covered system or appliance. In your situation, OneGuard presented you with three options: replacement, upgrade, or check. We also provided you with pricing for a Bosch unit, and you accepted the GE replacement. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Early last week I had to call OneGuard. The call was answered by Sabrina **. Sabrina went with me to each portion of my concern and before hanging up, she confirmed our conversation and what I exactly needed. The call at no time felt scripted. She was real and kind. Provided real human qualities in her comprehension of my issue. I never felt like I was being rushed or cut off. It's people like Sabrina ** is a large part of why I have stayed with OneGuard. Not to mention, OneGuard resolved the issue the first time. That means a great deal!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear David, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Sabrina! Your situation was extremely important to Sabrina and she and appreciated the opportunity to offer her personal assistance. Please know we have also shared your review with Sabrina, and she loved the positive feedback and acknowledgment. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your past business and hope to serve you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

When we were choosing a home warranty, the realtor handed us flyers on several and said they didn’t endorse any of them. I researched the ones we had on the flyers, and then we searched home warranty companies. OneGuard seemed to get good reviews overall, so we went with them. Their pricing is competitive, and they seemed middle-of-the-road in terms of price and what they offered. The employees are fantastic too and in terms of communication, reachability, and accessibility, they’re great. They do what they’re supposed to do, and they’re responsive. You call them, they start a claim, and then they start a process. They email you right after you get off the phone so that you have the details available to you, which is fantastic.

OneGuard does the best they can with the vendors they get, but we did not have a very good experience with about half of them. We live in a suburb outside of Austin, and the contractors that were available to us weren’t who we would've ever hired had we been able to pick. One person never showed after weeks of trying. OneGuard tried to get a hold of them, but they never responded, so we were refunded our money immediately. We had another vendor and we ended up taking the whole situation over and doing it out of pocket. We would've picked different people who we communicated better with or that were able to come quicker because sometimes the process took a long time.

There’s a lot of back and forth, and that’s the nature of all warranty companies, but there were certain things we would've rather worked with different people or had things done quicker. Getting vendors is a toss-up. There are also those that respond and those that were awesome. The pest control company they sent were great, and the guys that changed the keys were awesome. I would recommend OneGuard and that somebody get the more extended plan than we got. There were some limitations that I wish we had gone the extra mile and added some other options on our warranty plan, but that was our choice. OneGuard is a great company to work with and they’re reliable.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Candice, Thank you so much for the positive review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. It is our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Thank you also for providing important and beneficial feedback. Please know we take your comments seriously as they help us in our constant pursuit to provide effective communication and the best customer service to properly route every claim process. We also appreciate your understanding of how coverage works. Please note that we allow our customers the opportunity to customize their plans according to their specific service needs. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to offer our personal assistance and answer your questions. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

There have been 2 times I've had to use you on rental condos. Microwave was not covered. You said the door handle was cosmetic. It is not. It is necessary... My second encounter was on replacing washer element. Your repairman was there for less than 3 minutes. Did not wait to see it get to rinse cycle, your attendant on duty was rude, interrupted, and talked over me. Denied they missed it, serviceman had to come out twice, and you charged for 2 service calls. Ridiculous.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gary, Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and providing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your frustration. In December 2017, a service request was created for the microwave oven that was not heating, and two microswitches were replaced to fix the unit. The contractor also noted the cover for the microwave handle was missing, advising it was securely fastened and opened and closed the door as it should. OneGuard repairs or replaces components that impact the mechanical function of covered items. The missing cover did not impact the use of the microwave, and was not covered by OneGuard.

On the initial service call for the washing machine in August, the contractor determined the water to the unit was off. He turned the water on, tested the unit to ensure it adequately filled, and confirmed it worked properly. A follow up call was placed to OneGuard due to the unit not cycling intermittently. We arranged for the contractor to return to the home and he replaced the machine’s lid lock to complete the repair. OneGuard guarantees all repairs for 30 days, and only one trade service fee was charged for this request.

Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this information. Please know we truly value your continued business and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2018

Well they came back out and repaired the breaker box and installed the correct circuit breakers. I'm just happy it is fixed. Thankyou OneGuard for your help.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Called them for an electrical Issue. And yes they set a Tech the next day. Very quick. But they would not fix the entire issue. They have a $101 service average cost per month. Tech they sent denied the claim. As it would cost about 2000 to fix. And drive his monthly average way up so they wouldn’t contract through him if it gets too high. So much for customer service. Not happy. I will not be renewing my home warranty with them. They covered the 2 circuit breakers but would not replace the panel. The issue stated was that the panel has the wrong amperage circuit breakers installed. They are the same ones that were there when they did the inspection on my house which at the time passed their warranty inspection. They will not cover it and have rewarded the Company and techs they send to do as little as possible to fix your issues. Truly not happy.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jerald, Thank you so much for bringing your situation to our attention, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you experienced due to the mistake OneGuard made regarding coverage. We believe we have made the situation right on your behalf and the electrical breakdown has been successfully repaired. Please know we hope to gain your trust in OneGuard and the great service we offer our valued homeowners. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

OneGuard is a good place to go. For as much as I've been with them, they've done good. They will do what they're supposed to do and they get claims done when they're supposed to. It doesn't take long either. I always call and talk to somebody when I submit a claim. And the representatives have answered all my questions. They've gotten the job done right and I'm happy with them. A company would call me back in about 48 hours then they would come out and do the work. The contractor OneGuard sent out was good too. They knew what they were doing and they told me what I would need to do if the issue happens. They've done a great job and everything's been going great since then.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dean, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and your testimony is exactly what we strive to do. Please know we truly value your business and the opportunity to help, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information