4.0/5 (105 ratings)
Learn More

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a...

Verified

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submi...

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, plan prices range from $32 per month to $59 per month. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared with the industry average, which ranges from $60 to $125. You can request a free quote from OneGuard Home Warranties to get an exact price for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've place two requests so far, and it took a week every time. One request was to fix my sprinkler and that was handled well. In a week's time, I heard back from the technician and got it fixed. My last claim was for my dishwasher appliance that's not working great, and it's taking longer to resolve. The tech said it has to be either repaired or replaced. I was expecting to get it replaced, but I was told it was only going to be repaired and I'm still waiting on the technician to do the service. It's been more than two weeks and I still didn't hear back from OneGuard or the technician. It's like I have to chase them down.

Last Friday, I reached out to OneGuard to see what happened. I've reached out twice. The first time, I was told there was a delay in getting the parts for replacement then the second time, I waited for 20 minutes on the line and nobody answered. Overall, OneGuard has been pretty good, but I've had a mixed experience with my two claims. I was able to schedule appointments online and I like that experience. On the other hand, I would like to have some proactive response for these issues that I put in. I have to follow up.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Karthikeyan of Phoenix, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and also being so receptive to our call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration. Per our conversation, we have confirmed repairs have been scheduled and we sincerely hope we have effectively addressed your concerns, and have also provided our direct contact information if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I always have OneGuard come and check out the furnace and then in spring, I have them check out the air conditioning. For the furnace, I've had this one company that I always asked for, and they were training a new person. He checked everything out, but he forgot to turn the furnace back on. So I had to have him come back. But he didn't come back. They sent somebody else.

I've called OneGuard numerous times. But I did have one really lousy experience last spring. I had trouble with my dishwasher. Water with soap started coming out from under the door. So I called OneGuard the very next morning and asked for someone to come out and look at it. They sent this man and from the very beginning, I wasn't really comfortable with him. He kept on saying that it was my fault because I was using the wrong detergent but I knew I wasn't. He kept on and on and on. He said that I needed to use this dishwasher cleaner. So I said okay.

When he left, I chased all over the place trying to find this stuff. This was during COVID and it wasn't available. So I bought another detergent and used the dishwasher again and then everything was okay. But the next time I used it, the same old thing happened all over again. So I called back and this man came. He was very indignant that I'm continuing to use the wrong dishwashing detergent but I wasn't. I just got nowhere. So I finally lost patience and asked him to leave. He had a one-track mind and kept asking him to check out various parts of the dishwasher.

I called OneGuard back and they wanted to send this fellow out again. I told them there was no way that I wanted that man in my house again. So the gal found me another company and I requested that they send me someone who has an excellent history. She had one, but she said I'd have to wait 10 days. I told her that it was fine and I would do that. So I waited the time and this other fellow came out. Within 20 minutes, he had my dishwasher repaired. There was a part that was going bad so that was why it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. It had nothing to do with the dishwasher detergent. He had the part in the truck and everything was fine. But I was really disgusted with this first individual. When OneGuard emailed me a report, I put down everything that happened that I wasn't happy with and that was the end of it. But I've had many, many good experiences with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carol of AZ, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I signed up with a different company and had that warranty for about five years, and then it became OneGuard. Our costs doubled since then because we were paying $33 before and now it's nearly 60 bucks a month. Also, the amount that we have to pay for a visit when we schedule costs a lot more for the visit itself. It used to be $40 or $45 and now it's 60.

Most of the contractors have been good. There was just one plumber that we requested him to wear a mask when he came and he said he's vaccinated and he would not wear a mask. The reason why we asked was because my kids have high risks and they have breathing issues so it's just a precaution. Then he went out to check the water pressure and he couldn't find a higher water pressure on two of those faucets outside so he went to the one that leads to the pool directly, which in itself is not a faucet. It's something modified by the previous owner to put in some pipe to water the bushes. It's a very big outlet of water that sprays and the pressure can be increased or decreased because it goes to the pool. He used that and he claimed that the water pressure coming into the home was too high and that was the reason that all these problems were happening and that the warranty would be void if that would be the case. He was rude and unethical.

Other than that, my overall experience with all the people has been professional and they come in on time. When the cold freeze happened and then three or four months later, OneGuard was still backed up for plumbing appointments, we made an appointment for a leaky faucet, which was not connected to the thing, and we had to wait a long time for it. They need to find more vendors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sunitha of Southlake, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your complete satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and keeping premium costs competitive, and we regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

When requesting for service, the reps answer the phone good and they don't keep me on hold for an hour. They get back to me. I have to wait for the technician to call me and confirm the appointment. So, it takes a little while but it's not a bad thing. Everybody is courteous and the people that come into the house are very nice about adhering to the COVID restrictions. Overall, the experience is okay. It's just that I don't know how badly I need the service. I needed something done to the toilets, the dishwasher and something else, and I had to pay three different companies $75 to do each job. It cost me a lot of money because some of these jobs are small and they may not even cost $75 to pay somebody to do it.

OneGuard sent somebody to change the locks but the person didn't change the locks. He changed the cylinders and he only had to change two, and that cost me $75. I could have bought the locks for $30 and the cylinders for $30 and put them in myself. But other than that, OneGuard is okay and the $75 will be nothing compared to the price that you would have had to pay if you had to pay for a technician to come out of your pocket.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary of Houston, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and the most comprehensive coverage in the industry at a competitive cost, and we are happy you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for the opportunity! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to showcasing all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The representatives at OneGuard were extremely helpful, kind and patient. They reflected well on the company. The times that I have done a claim, I went online, paid a fee and then, I received a call either the next day or the day after by the company that was gonna provide the service. The contractors all have great customer service but I noticed that there’s a pattern. They’re rated low online so it makes me wary.

The company that delivered my last appliance was supposed to hook it up but they didn't plug it in. So, I hear the word “Install appliances” and I think install it and plug it in, and they didn't do that. They just delivered the washer. They connected the hoses but did not plug in the washer to the outlet. They said that it was because they couldn't reach behind. The outlet is behind the dryer but the washer is 166 pounds. So, when I got home, I had to try to move the washer again because they left the electrical cord taped on the washer. They didn't even make it accessible to me.

Most of the negative reviews was that OneGuard doesn't fully install the appliances the way they should. So, I had to call a friend to come and help me move the washer. He moved the washer just enough, so he can get the electrical cord. All he had to do was literally move the dryer, which is much lighter, about four inches to the left and he was able to plug it in. So, the reps were just not trying. Still, OneGuard gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything were to break down, I can easily go on the website and make a claim, and have what’s wrong with it figured out in the next couple days. It's a more affordable way to get services. They have come through with a couple of things that I needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yuriko of Mesa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with ease of service and the peace of mind you deserve. We also appreciate your thoughtful feedback as it directly contributes to our improvement and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 1, 2022

OneGuard has been my only home warranty system and they've been excellent. I have purchased two homes and I've been a repeat customer. The claims process is easy and smooth. Some of the vendors they have here in Houston as not as good as the ones they use in Dallas but overall, they've been great. Also, the cost is manageable.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alana of Houston, Thank you so much for the 4 star review and sharing such positive testimony regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to ensure the process is hassle free, and it makes us extremely happy to hear about your experience. Thank you again! We truly value your business and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 26, 2022

First of all, the plan is far more than 59.00 per month. I called for help with an irrigation system issue. They charged the 69.00 fee and rather than dispatching the company they have always sent before, sent me an email to tell me that I am on my own. They agreed to refund the fee they charged before telling me that they could not help me with this. I found my own contractor and 200.00 out of pocket later, no more leak. Then I needed HVAC help. Furnace will not come on. I had a great deal of difficulty getting the representative to understand furnace = HVAC is NOT the hot water heater. Paid the 69.00 fee again.

The following week, I finally got a call from the vendor. The following week. All this time with no heat. What if I had an elderly person in the house? Tech will be here between noon and four. It is now four fifteen. No tech. No call. I called OneGuard to find out what is going on and was put on hold for exactly 21 minutes before finally the survey came on. You can imagine how that survey went. I called again only to have this representative transfer me to my own number. I left myself a message. Just try to reach a supervisor. Will never happen. It should tell you all you need to know about a company when they make it impossible to reach a manager. This is the service FAILURE you will get from OneGuard. After being with them for years and paying them thousands of dollars. Trusted leader? **.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mr. Truesdell, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also taking the time to speak with us. Our utmost priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have confirmed the heating system repair has been completed, and we await your invoice for the outside repair so that we may review it on your behalf. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 26, 2022

Oneguard sent someone out here in the last couple of weeks, and we had good experiences with their repair process. The repair people called immediately to make it out quick, but I had to push it off, so the delay was on my end. When they came, they diagnosed the issue, had the parts needed, and got it repaired. Overall, everything's good and I've been completely satisfied with Oneguard's service.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jacob of Keller, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and providing such thoughtful remarks regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly service professionals is our utmost priority, and we are happy to hear how satisfied you are with the level of service and support you receive. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 24, 2022

OneGuard is the perfect solution for your home warranty. Ralph ** is knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, responded promptly, and is the reason I've chosen to renew my policy another year. Thank you, Ralph, for continuing to go above and beyond to exceed customer's expectations.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear A of Fort Worth, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Ralph! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it makes us extremely happy to hear about your experience. We agree! Ralph goes above and beyond and loved having the opportunity to personally assist you. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 23, 2022

The first claim we had was for a problem with our swimming pool. But whoever OneGuard sent around really screwed up the test. He didn't do it properly and he got a fake reading. We complained about that, so OneGuard sent around somebody else who said, "Yes, he did the test incorrectly." Then they fixed whatever the problem was. So the first contractor was totally useless but the second one was very good. So far, OneGuard has been adequate. But we paid extra for swimming pool coverage but once or twice when we've called for something, they've told us it was not covered. All insurance companies are very good at taking money but not very good at paying it out.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Peter of Fountain Hills, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our conversation. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard has analyzed the contractors diagnoses and explained coverage with you, and we are available if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information