Call toll free
4.03/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

02/14/2019

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

03/09/2019

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

When I went to an open house, there was a cardboard thing about OneGuard that stated what they covered. It was put on before anyone put any offers. I bought the house and the warranty came as a sales feature. Whenever I make a claim with them, I talk to their representative and everything is great. Most of their contractors have been good too although I had a really bad experience with one of the providers last summer regarding my microwave. Other than that, I had positives experiences.

There are several things wrong with the house. When I had a water heater issue, I got it replaced and that was an awesome experience. OneGuard couldn't replace the gallon that I had - I guess it was a weird amount - so I either had to pay more to get something that was of a bigger capacity than I had or they would have to give me something smaller along with a credit. I ended up going smaller and they actually gave me money back. But I had to pay some of that money back to the people who worked on it because it cost another $130 to fit it to this other size. I still got compensated for the fact that it was not what I had before though and it went well.

I also had issues with the sprinklers and that went well too. I love the contractor Sprinkler Doctors and I would definitely use them again. I also recently got a plumber out for plumbing issue. I cannot say enough about that guy. I asked for his card because I'm moving. But he didn't even need more business. He said he appreciated the thought but he could get enough business from OneGuard. He was happy doing all his business through them.

Although I had one horrible experience with OneGuard about the microwave thing, it is not enough to have me hate them. Overall, I had such a good experience with their customer service rep. They had friendly and professional staff. They were easy to work with and there was a smooth process in resolving issues. I actually chose to buy their coverage when I listed my house and offered that as a selling feature. I'm also buying OneGuard for my new house.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our wonderful service contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we are absolutely thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the services we offer. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

We wanted to have a warranty because we were purchasing a new home. The Realtor that we had gave us a list of about five warranty companies that were rated well as far as he was concerned. He sent all the information about each company and I read over them all. I decided that I liked the way OneGuard presented things.

So far, everything has been good. I did my claims with them over the phone. But there was one contractor that we used that we had issues with and we were not satisfied with. They told us that there were quite a few things that were wrong and they weren't gonna be covered under the warranty. We kept having the issue and they wanted to do about $3,000 worth of stuff. After we did a little research, we did not felt that was correct. We opted to not even go through the warranty. I wasn’t familiar with home warranties and I wanted to get a second opinion. It turned out that the first contractor was not correct. The guy that gave us the second opinion fixed things for just the minimal amount, which was $50-something or so.

But we had another issue that came up. It was the air conditioning unit and I went through the warranty with it. I told the rep that I did not want to use that same company they gave me earlier and even told her that they might wanna take that company off their preferred providers because they certainly didn’t know what they were doing. She sent another person out and he was very good. My experience has been very positive and productive.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Please know we are available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888.896.0014 if you ever need additional assistance with any of your service requests. We are always happy to provide our personal assistance and help with solutions. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 22, 2019

I’m a realtor and I’ve had OneGuard on my house for 10 years now. It’s always paid for itself with the exception of this year. I like selling them because they've been good to me over the years. It gives me options. If I don’t want the same thing being fixed, sometimes I get a buyout and I buy brand-new, which is better for OneGuard and for me. It’s probably not the most logical thing to do, but it makes sense. I have replaced just about everything in my house over the last 20 years, so I’ve used them on everything. I love that they offer servicing air conditioners. To me, that’s brilliant because that reminds me that it needs to be done and that’s why my air conditioner has lasted 20 years. When I call in, they know I’m a realtor so they’re super nice to me. They’d send me a confirmation email and who’s gonna call me, and the vendor usually calls me within a couple of hours and I’d set it up.

What I like about OneGuard is that you can get carpet cleaning. I also like being able to call them instead of me having to find a plumber. That’s how I sell them to my clients. I also like that they request feedback on their vendors, which is really important because there are some vendors that I won’t use ‘cause all they do is try to upsell you. Recently, my pool pump went out again. The negative thing about it is that they just keep on replacing it with old, refurbished ones that last a year, so I’m doing that year after year. I bought a variable speed pump, which everything has to move over to within the next few years anyway, even though it cost me a couple of thousand dollars. Unfortunately, my buyout on that was only a couple of hundred, which was really sad. In the long run, I have to drop my pool coverage so it’s not good for them. There’s a little bit of a lag in foresight with them, and it’s starting to bother me a little bit. Nonetheless, I really like them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jaime, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to deliver best-in-class customer service while providing the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We also appreciate your understanding with respect to pool coverage and appreciate the opportunity to continue to provide you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My real estate agent set me up with OneGuard Home Warranties. When you first get a home warranty, some companies will offer you roof coverage but they unfortunately didn't and I didn't realize. Because of that, I wasn't happy in the beginning. But now I keep them and I recommend this to my clients. I'm an insurance agent and OneGuard has a better customer service than the other company we're supposed to promote. Also, I like it because they offer window cleaning and things other than just the standard taking care of appliances and systems.

Submitting claims with them has also been easy. I prefer to call in but their online site and app are easy and self-explanatory. Once, I filed a claim for my refrigerator. That happened over the weekend and OneGuard doesn't do anything over the weekend so they got the order on Monday. However, they couldn't send somebody out that day. A repair company came out by Wednesday, but they couldn't fix the unit and OneGuard had to send somebody else out. Another company then came out the day after the next day. It was ridiculous. OneGuard even told me that I could rent a refrigerator. I'm a single person, how am I gonna go and get that refrigerator? I have to pay for delivery and everything.

If OneGuard set that up for me and took care of that, I think it would have been a much more pleasurable compared to me going and having to find out how much it would cost and whatever. I didn’t have time to take off work to wait for that among the times that I waited for the people to come over, which were half a day. When you don’t have a refrigerator for several days, it gets very annoying and I'm a single person. I can't imagine what that would be like if I had children. I didn't have a lot of food, but I had to throw out what I had.

I wasn't satisfied with that experience, but it was one bad compared to all the other good claims I've had. My first claim was for a water issue. OneGuard sent out Pruitt, which was a name that I have already heard, so I was pleased that they sent out a reputable company. I've also had them have my hot water tank fixed twice, as well as my garage door and they were good experiences. I even referred the garage door guy to my neighbor. They used him and they were also pleased. I've also used their lawn and electrical service and those were great experiences as well. I would recommend OneGuard Home Warranties.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lindsay, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last four years! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We are also grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience for the refrigerator and appreciated your patience as we worked to achieve final resolution. Your feedback helps us improve the service we provide to our valued homeowners. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I've been with OneGuard Home Warranties for five years now and I'm happy with them. It has been very easy to submit a claim and now that I'm living in the house rather than the rental, it's been easier. I had a rental management company before and sometimes they get all confused when paying the bill. One time, OneGuard told me I owed, but I didn't think I did because I thought the management company was managing that. But then I think they screwed up and I had to trust OneGuard and pay what I thought was paid. Since I moved down here, I've had a couple of claims and I have not had any problems. I just call OneGuard up, give them my information, they would write a report, tell me they'd refer, I pay with my credit card knowing that I owed a service fee, and we go on with business.

I live in Arizona now and homes here have some really bad water issues. I needed to kind of take care of some of those issues. The plumbing company that OneGuard referred to me was top-notch. They were very fair, quick, and efficient. I trusted them. I even got to the point where if I had to go to a doctor's appointment or something, I just leave the key, and they come in and do the thing and leave. The guy who has been here a lot was very good in explaining what was going in, what was normal and what was not, and what I can expect. We're also on first-name basis.

Also, once, I wanted to have all the dust on my furnace vent cleaned out. I called in and they said that it wasn’t covered, which I didn’t think it was. I asked if they had someone in mind I could call since I'm new to the area and they sent me a recommendation to someone who does things. When I called her, she only did clean dryer vents, which I could appreciate, but then she gave me a name of someone as well. So, everyone was really helpful. However, I wish OneGuard would accommodate my oldness. I wish that they would send me a bill, but I have to do it the modern way over the phone. I've gotten used to that, but I don't like it. But then I trust OneGuard enough that I feel okay with that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kenda, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Making it easy to request service, and prompt and accurate resolution with friendly service professionals, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Read articles on various warranty companies and some of the feedback is very negative so we have been holding off on purchasing a plan. One Guard came up with good feedback. Made a call to a employee Sally ** at the office. She scheduled a appointment within a few minutes. Next day at 1200 installer came and new unit installed. The total time was less than 20 hours. That was extremely fast service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

What a racket, this is the worst company ever. They don't keep their word, representatives flat out lie to you, and no one is willing to find out what is wrong with your service. Terrible, I can't believe they get away with running a company like this.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I’ve been a customer for four years now. When I need help they are always there with quick turn time. Tricia ** was great. She took care off everything for me quick even though it was a Sunday. I love that you can reach a person round the clock. Thank you.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tony, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing feedback regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Tricia! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find in the services we offer is everything we strive for at OneGuard. We have also shared your rave review with Tricia and she was humbled by your kind words and appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of Tricia and the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 4+ years, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Be careful! Ac went out, took them a day to get someone out to then say they have to order the parts. If “we” wants the parts sent quick we have to pay the additional fees, otherwise One Guard would expect us to wait 3-5 days with no air to wait for parts. And nope they don’t pay for hotel because per weather it’s not greater than 105. Amazed at how poor and horrible their customer service and coverage is.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Amber, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our call. Please be assured our top priority is to service you as quickly as possible, and we are diligently working on your behalf to ensure repairs for the air conditioning unit are completed, which are scheduled for today. We apologize for any delay, however, the contractor was required to order a specific part from the manufacturer. Please know OneGuard offers to help offset hotel expense when temperatures exceed 105 degrees. In your situation, the high was 85 and the low was 63. We sincerely appreciate your patience and consideration during this process, and thank you again for the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Antonio ** answered at OneGuard, l had tried to get help on a few calls on a hot water heater that burst at my house. I got Antonio after a few calls, and was it ever worth the time to get him! This truly amazing gentleman had to work through a number of issues regarding my repair claim and replacement water heater. He worked for days taking full ownership of my issue and was accessible both by phone and email. He was able to talk to his manager to get approval for me on a claim issue due to a wrong building inspection report filed at OneGuard. Thank you for your great service to your customers Anthony!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mark, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Antonio! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have shared your review with Antonio and he was humbled by your kind words and honored by the opportunity to advocate on your behalf and turn your situation around to provide you with positive resolution. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information