toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Preston, Thank you so much for sharing such a fantastic review regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our number one priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We know you have a choice when it comes to a home warranty, and we are very grateful you have entrusted OneGuard with your business. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your recommendations, and look forwarding to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My friend with the real estate that helped me get my house recommended OneGuard Home Warranty. When my AC went out not long ago, I asked somebody to come right over. The claims process was really easy and I had a good experience there. The representatives did a good job and were really helpful. The technicians got the AC fixed and it's been looking like a champ since the repair. It's made it pretty cool. I would recommend OneGuard to others. It has worked better than I thought it would and everything went well. It’s worth the money.

Unfortunately I am very disappointed in my experience with OneGuard. My parents moved recently and purchased a OneGuard policy in the move. We have had to call for a couple issues and although we had to pay $69 for each service call, we never got any service! AC went out in Arizona Summer and they wanted us to wait three days for someone to come look at it (holiday weekend). We became so frustrated with them sending poor service people on fridge, we just bought a new fridge ourselves.

Since they could not get anyone out there on holiday weekend, and I am not going to have my parents and their pets without AC for three plus days, we ended up hiring someone ourselves and OneGuard won't participate in the cost. They don't have to legally under their contract which I get, but at some point doing the right thing for a customer is important!! Now we are stuck because they will force you to arbitration if you complain. You can't sue them. Save your money and do your research! Based on their marketing items, I would have expected a great service arrangement and was going to buy them on my rental homes. It's bittersweet that I now know how they (don't) take care of their customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with OneGuard Home Warranties for years now. They gave me the best deal. They do a good job when I need them. They are always answering me. I usually do my claims over the internet but when I talk to their claims rep, they understand what I require and who I need to come to my house to have things fixed. The contractors they hire also do a good job in fixing whatever I need fixed. OneGuard sends me the correct people to do the work. OneGuard is great and I'm satisfied with them.

Generally a good experience. The vast majority of the contractors have been excellent. The bad one gave bad information and an extensively high cost. We called our own second opinion and the problem was fixed for under $50.00. Asked that the vendor not be used again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got OneGuard with our purchase contract. My experience in submitting a claim with them has been fine and the technicians they have sent out have all been good. They've always fixed the problem. However, what has left a bad taste in my mouth is paying the deductible. Twice they came out here and did a simple fix and we paid them $70 dollars each time.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Darla, Thank you so much for the 5-star review regarding your service experience with OneGuard. Providing you with prompt, professional service, and the very best coverage in the industry is our top priority. We are very pleased to hear this was your experience with the rekey service and plumbing repairs completed at your new home. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard as your home warranty provider. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have used One Guard for lock changes and plumbing issues and they were very quick to get my problems taken care of. I highly recommend One Guard not only to my family but also to all of my friends. One Guard has proven to me that they put the customer first?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was doing research on different warranty companies and somebody recommended OneGuard. When I looked into them, I went ahead and moved forward because their contractual coverage of high-end appliances was much better than most. But they are dialing back. Their contract used to be to replace like with like, but they capped it with a dollar limit now and offer the funds rather than replace the unit. So if my side-by-side Sub-Zero refrigerator goes out and there’s nothing they can do to fix it, they’ll give me $6,000 and tell me to go figure it out on my own. I’m really disappointed in this change to their policy but I have a higher-end home which comes with high-end problems and they've been usually really good about that. Nobody else comes that close, so I’ll stay with them.

Submitting a claim with OneGuard has been very good. I usually use the online tool because I don’t always have time to make phone calls. But when I find something, I put it online right away. Everybody I talked to has been awesome. I used OneGuard many times and I always had good interactions with the contractors, but my biggest frustration with them was that every claim takes at least two or three visits. They could never fix anything in one trip, no matter how minor. They always had to come out and assess the problem, then report back and get approval from OneGuard to do the work. It’s a total waste of my time because I had to take time off work every time and for anybody that works, it’s an issue. Their process is too long but they have been really good about taking care of things. I recommend them to friends all the time.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you for the 5-star review regarding your experiences with OneGuard. Prompt and professional service is exactly what we strive for with each interaction with our representatives and contractors. Please know, when determining whether to repair or replace a system or appliance OneGuard takes into account many factors, including but not limited to; the contractor’s diagnosis, cost of the repair, previous OneGuard repair history, and age of the system. Based on these factors, in 2016 OneGuard authorized the replacement of both HVAC condenser units at your home. While it is never ideal, at times it is necessary for a contractor to return to the property to make additional repairs. Please know our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we truly regret any frustration this has caused you. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have had numerous things to take care of, but mainly an AC problem that persist. When I submit the claim, OneGuard is always quick to respond and submit the order for repair. I have no major complaints, but I would like for the company to approve a fix instead of putting a band aid on it every time. That being said, they have taken good care of me and I have saved a lot of money. It's a good investment.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Condos, Thank you for allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand and help clarify warranty coverage. Please be assured we have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the OneGuard service agreement. OneGuard will repair or replace a covered system or appliance when it experiences a mechanical breakdown as a result of normal wear-and-tear. According to the service contractor that assessed the air conditioning system, no mechanical breakdowns were present, and the unit was operating properly within the manufacturer’s specifications. OneGuard does not approve to replace a system or appliance simply due to age or efficiency issues, and ductwork is not a covered item under the service agreement. Please know we truly regret your frustration and sincerely hope this information helps. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Had tech out to give blessing on replacing 19 yr old a.c. unit. When I called for result, was told no, won't replace, just repair. Can't repair, with old freon not available. Totally unreasonable. Don't replace ductwork. Mine is original grey. Material was recalled.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Isis, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating regarding your positive service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you with the pool and garage door opener repair. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business. We truly appreciate you and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

When the pool pump goes down in summer, I panic. It can take forever to get a tech. OneGuard's quick call back time and the pool company responded quick. We had a service time for the next day. Our pool was back in order before the green could set in. The garage door spring broke Friday morning. The OneGuard customer service women placed me on hold and called multiple companies to make sure we could service on Saturday. By noon on Saturday, our door was fixed.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Albert, Thank you for the 5 star rating regarding your service experiences with OneGuard, and also recommending us to your friends and family! Our goal is to provide stellar customer service that is hassle free and exceeds your expectations, and we are so glad this was the case when you experienced problems with the air conditioner and water heater. Please know it is always our distinct pleasure to assist you with all of your home warranty and home service needs. We truly value your continued business over the last five years, and we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We were purchasing a new home and wanted to find a warranty company that would provide us with what we needed. After going online and doing some checking, it turned out that OneGuard was what we had to use. We purchased the add on with a swimming pool. When we got to the house, there were several things that were due and we had some severe issues. Our water heater and the AC unit went and OneGuard came to the rescue. I like talking to a warm body, so I always call and they set up an appointment and the contractor will give me a call to set up a time when they could come. They have my credit card file so they're able to deduct the $69 that I have to pay for each service. It's a pretty good process.

When we first got here and signed up for it, our sprinkler system was part of the standard package but OneGuard decided they're going to start pulling some standard items and I find that hard to understand. If it was good enough to be in the original package, why are theyy taking them out and putting them into the section where I have to pay more as an add on? I can understand the pool being an add on because that could be an expensive process. When I purchased this policy, there was the total replacement of all of the pool hardware like the filtration system. That was my impression and that's how I read it but what surprised me was when I had to have a heater replaced, they only covered $1,000 of that. I had to pay an additional $2,000 out of pocket and that I wasn't too thrilled about.

Maybe I wasn't reading it right but based on the verbiage where it says replacement, that means that they're going to come and replace something if it breaks down. It doesn’t mean that they're only going to pay this much and I'm going to have to pay the rest. They didn't grandfather it in and I have it renewed automatically so, unfortunately, I was caught by surprise and that would make me want to start looking around for another company. There was one situation where the contractor from Nikki's Pool decided he wasn't going to take care of our zone or location anymore. They hired another person that worked in San Antonio, Texas and we live in Austin, Texas which is a two-hour drive away. It was insanity. It became a serious issue with him not following up and not coming to do the work and it took almost two months to get a job done.

After calling every weekend, I got a hold of the person that did the original request and she was very apologetic. Then we got the original guy that used to come out and do all the work and he got had the job done within days. It took him almost a week to get up here because he only comes to the area once a week. That's the only experience that I had that was a little unique but everything else has always been prompt and done within a very short period. The people at OneGuard are very responsive and follow up very well. I recommend the company all the time and some of my neighbors and friends at work have picked up on it, too.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you very much for sharing such positive and glowing remarks regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. It makes us extremely happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you and your wife have received. Our top priority is to always provide you with peace of mind and exceptional service when it comes to all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your continued business. We look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

About a year or two ago, one of OneGuard Home Warranties' representatives came to the door and they explained their product and service. That's how I got hooked up with them. I usually submit a claim online and it has been fairly simple and straightforward. The contractors who have come out have all been very professional and on-time. Also, they've been very knowledgeable and very helpful. They worked well with OneGuard as far as replacing some of the things that we've had and with some of the issues that we've had. They've been good. My wife and I have been very pleased and satisfied with having OneGuard. They've been very cooperative and it's nice having that peace of mind with the warranty especially as a home owner and not getting stuck with some of the high cost items. It's definitely money well-spent that we've invested in our warranty plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you very much for the four star review regarding your experiences with OneGuard. Your account of the process flow for creating a work order is spot on and exactly what we strive for. If you would like create work orders online we are happy to help you create this account. We have representatives available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with this and any warranty questions you may have. We truly regret any frustration you experienced when you were contacting OneGuard last year. Please know we worked diligently with the phone company to rectify this situation, and we truly appreciate your patience. Your continued business is very important to us and we look forward to assisting you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I tried submitting a claim with OneGuard Home Warranties online but it's a ponderous sign up system and it's easier for me to dial the 188 number and sit around and work on the computer while I get to them live. The representatives confirm who I am and ask what my problem is. They try to drill down to see what I'm complaining about or what the problem is, under warranty, tickling with things like air-conditioning because there's a lot of stuff they don't cover. Once that's satisfied, they set me up with someone that's going to call within an hour or two, which happens most of the time. And then they schedule coming to take care of the problem, and then take my money over the phone via the credit card that I have on file.

The contractors take two or three days to come. But when they call, I'm generally not in a hurry so I tell them, "If you can't make it tomorrow, that's fine. There's no big deal. Just give me an approximate time and I'll be at home." They're knowledgeable and professional. I've been pleased with the choice of who they send over. I have some that I request when I have a problem that recurs or in the same area.

However, last year and the early part of this year I came close to quitting because there was a period when I call the 188, they would try to sell me Las Vegas trips, I've slipped and can't get up equipment, all those nonsense. And I could not go through the menu to get to where I'm speaking to a live person and I could not get through a live person. They ended up giving me one after 10 items they're trying to sell me. That happened to me three times. That takes a half an hour to go through at least. And then they give me another number to call, and when I call that it's not a working number. I was about as angry as I've ever been without cursing the next time when I got ahold of somebody. I almost cancelled my contract. The young man I spoke to said there had been a lot of complaints and that they would rectify it, and they have. The selling had quit by the middle of spring this year.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Amy, We are very sorry for your dissatisfaction. Please be assured we have analyzed the claim history associated with your new home in its entirety, and have always acted in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the warranty agreement. According to the terms of the service agreement, OneGuard requires that all covered items are in working condition at the start of the home warranty. The air conditioning system was marked as deficient on your home inspection report. The home inspector stated the fins on the condensing unit were deteriorated and falling off, with the recommendation of having the unit inspected by a licensed HVAC professional and making the necessary corrections. The work performed by an HVAC contractor after the inspection did not adequately address the existing problems with the air conditioning system. The technician added five pounds of Freon and did not conduct a leak search to determine the cause of the refrigerant loss, and the claim was not approved by OneGuard due to the pre-existing condition of multiple leaks on the coils of the air conditioning system upon the effective date of the warranty. Please know the kitchen refrigerator claim is currently in process and OneGuard Authorizations is actively communicating with the contractor to ensure repairs are completed. Thank you for allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to provide you with this information. We sincerely hope it helps. Respectfully, OneGuard Customer Relations.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I've had a contract with OneGuard Home Warranty for eight years in two different houses. When we bought our previous house, they were recommended to us by our agent who said they had a good reputation. Also, the seller usually buys one for you. If the claim is a small item, they’re good and I didn’t have problems with them denying small issues. But when it comes to larger items, it's more difficult. A year after we moved in, our air conditioning went out at our previous house. There was a freon leak. It took weeks to get a new one and it was not without complaints. They were not very proactive with doing that. Sometimes, it’s difficult for the contractors they use and they go on the same page with OneGuard even though my rights should not be like that. It should be more open. It took multiple people coming out and multiple phone calls with higher-ups to finally get it approved. Then, it was weeks without air conditioning.

Recently, we bought a house and I even paid for a special HVAC inspection to make sure that the three units were working. One of the air conditioning went out and had to be removed. They found leaks in the system, which no one found on my inspection. The reason why I got an inspection is to have the sellers fix whatever is broken. If somebody had known that it was broken at that time, I would have had it fixed and I would not have agreed to move into the house. They were not covered and I had to pay for it out of pocket for indoor condenser and outdoor coils because they said it was a known pre-existing condition. So, that was expensive and frustrating. The contractors were frustrated with OneGuard because their hands are tied. But they've come back and fixed it.

OneGuard should have paid for it because I don’t know obviously or I would have had the seller buy me a new system. This also took weeks to get it resolved. They asked for things to be submitted and they did not respond. They have gotten big and it's hard to get ahold of somebody. The interactions with the representative I spoke with when I was able to get ahold of them was not good because I was upset. They wanted my inspection, which I had given them. They kept saying they don't have it, although somebody else I had talked to on the phone has already read from it so, I knew they had it. I was submitting it multiple times as the days were going by. Then the guy wanted a receipt that I had paid my inspector. At this point, that has nothing to do with the fact that I don't have air conditioning. I was getting the runaround and I was being pushed back until I break down and buy it myself. It was difficult.

They should give a more detailed contract for people that are doing this through a house-buying situation. You have to dig to figure out all their little stipulations. It needs to be more readily available to people with the contract because what they send is a very short list of what's covered and what's not. But there are a lot of additional items and once you have a problem, it takes a long time. It was a frustrating experience. Right now, my refrigerator and freezer are out of freon. My food has gone bad and they will not do anything about it. They are totally giving me the runaround. My food is spoiling and no one will return my phone calls. I cannot recommend them right now.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Deborah, Thank you so much for your generous 5 star review and positive comments regarding your service experience with OneGuard! Our number one priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we have representatives available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with all questions about the warranty and coverage. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you! We appreciate your business and look forwarding to serving you in the future. Warmest Regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

When we purchased our new home, OneGuard was the company that the sellers chose to offer the benefit through. We had a choice between two providers that the seller was willing to go with. There were a few things in OneGuard’s policy that were attractive and it had a little bit of a leg up on the other company. The claim process is very easy. We can either do it online or over the phone which I prefer because that seems to start things quicker. Their claims reps are very professional and great about getting people out when we need them.

As for the contractors that they've sent, they're fine too. The only thing that is a little confusing is that sometimes they’ll come back and will say that OneGuard isn't paying for something. It would be questionable whether it should be paid under the policy or not. For this specific sprinkler repair, we had to pay him directly. He's honest but it would be easier to see that it isn't a covered service if it was submitted to OneGuard and then denied because there's no paper trail of that for us. Just to have him say he contacted and they're not paying that and to give him a check that same day, it just feels like, “Well, I didn’t see anything that said it wasn’t covered.” The sprinkler seems fine at this point though. We've had some issues off and on with it that were unrelated to each other.

Then with our really old air conditioners, in the time that we've had the home warranty, two major pieces did need to be replaced in one of the units. They're not functioning as good as something newer would be but they’re functional. The only other thing is that there was a hiccup in the billing where got charged two visit fees for AC repair. One for the tune-up and then one for replacing the part. I was surprised by that because they said I owe them $69. These things are system generated and I don't know if it is just a timing issue because we already paid on the phone. Overall though, OneGuard has been good to us. Our experience with them has been helpful and worth the money, and it's a very professional organization.

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2017

After using consumer affairs One Guard Home Warranties has done a great job of addressing the issue of resolving the issue with our washer in an agreeable means. Thank you Tina of One Guard for the attention to detail and working to complete this task. Also, thank you to Lisa of One Guard for you assistance. While the issue started out troubling the resolution was satisfactory and agreeable.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

OneGuard selected service provider, Runyon Appliance, came to our home and diagnosed the problem and had to order a part. The part arrived at Runyon the next day but it was a week before they came to install the part, which the technician stated was not functional. The next day I called OneGuard to ask what was happening and OneGuard Representative said the Part for the washer was no longer available and they would have someone from the Fulfillment Department contact us to replace the washer.

When I asked how long this would take I was told they could not tell me, we have been without a washer for 2 weeks at this point. I pressed and was told it would be 3 more work days or 5 calendar days at least before for someone would contact us and then it likely take a week or more to get the washer. Very upsetting as a consumer can go and pick up a washer the same day, but I was told that was not possible unless we wanted to pay for the washer ourselves. The timing and service at OneGuard used to be very good and I have recommended them to several people. No more, their service has declined significantly and I recommend the company be avoided.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Rebecca, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. Please know we sincerely regret the timeframe involved with the completion of the air conditioner repair and frustration you and your family experienced. Our desire to is always have a system or appliance repaired on the first call, and the leak seal utilized on the initial repair did not effectively resolve the situation. Upon returning to the property, the contractor determined the evaporator coil was leaking. We understand your hesitation and concern with the diagnosis, and it was our pleasure to send a different contractor to perform a second opinion and further assess the unit on your behalf. The second contractor confirmed the diagnosis and OneGuard immediately ordered the parts necessary to complete the repair. We appreciate your patience throughout this repair and look forward to assisting you in the future. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We put an order in five weeks ago to have our air conditioning fixed. It's 93 degrees in here and my children have bad headaches daily. We have had five incompetent people come to "fix" this. When we insisted that a different technician come to work on it, he said the problem was obvious (a broken coil) and should have been seen immediately. Now that the problem is identified, we are being given no estimate about when it may be fixed. The person I spoke with at OneGuard today said it is "Entirely out of our hands because it's up to the business to schedule this". Yet the business they chose works for them, and they would not allow us to choose another contractor unless we accepted a cash "payout" that was one-third the cost we were quoted by the competent technician. I am so disheartened, tired and stuck in a bad situation. It's hard to believe there are so many good reviews.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Vassiliades, Thank you so much for the five star review of OneGuard! Our top priority is to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage and exceptional service experience in the industry, and we are very pleased we have been able to assist you numerous times over the last two years. Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to ensure our valued homeowners receive peace of mind when it comes to covering their home's most vital systems and appliances.

On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business. We truly appreciate you and your recommendation and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had someone who has had experience with a particular warranty company help me decide to go with OneGuard since I had no experience with warranty companies ever before. The first time I used OneGuard was the day I signed the papers for the house and got my keys. I put some clothes in the washer and it leaked, gave me a puddle several inches deep, and the dryer would not work either. OneGuard wasn’t sure if they'd cover it since I’d barely bought this house. But the realtor that had encouraged me to use OneGuard talked to them to pay the claim because she said she sent a lot of business their way, and they did and I appreciated it. The dryer just needed a part but the washer had to be replaced. That was a really upsetting day but they've been perfect since then.

Also, I had an experience with my refrigerator that was freezing things, so I paid $69 to have a repairman come and inform me that the ref was just too full, which was a problem because when it froze, it froze the filter, so I had water leaking through the filter. I thought it was something that seriously needed a repairman but he said I just need to replace the filter and move some of the food around so that there’s circulation. So it cost me $69 to have information. The other things that I’ve needed to be repaired have been positive experiences. Sometimes it would cost me the same to call somebody, but I won’t know till they get here and figure out what’s wrong. So I’m reluctant to use them unless I feel like the problem is serious. Overall, their reps have been good and the contractors that I’ve had has been nice and they’re there to help. I have recommended OneGuard to other people.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Mrs. Ellis, Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your positive experience working with OneGuard on your dishwasher claim! Our top priority is to ensure you receive the most comprehensive coverage and prompt professional service to always exceed your expectations and we are extremely happy to hear how pleased you are with your new dishwasher. This is truly everything we strive to do as your warranty provider.

On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We sincerely appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

OneGuard has always been there for us. Our pump went out in our dishwasher but One Guard was unable to locate a pump because they are obsolete. We have had 3 pumps since owning the dishwasher. One Guard offered to replace the dishwasher at a comparable price. They gave us the option of upgrading, which we did, if we paid the difference. I am very happy with my new dishwasher even though it is not the brand we had before. It is far superior to our other dishwasher.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Sarrico, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Customer Relations and the Account Executive that services your realtor the opportunity to review the air conditioning claims firsthand, and offer assistance with repairs that were not covered by the OneGuard service agreement. Please know our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely regret your frustration, and hope you will update your review to reflect our efforts. Our records show you called for service on Saturday evening and the service provider was dispatched to the home on Monday to assess the system. Please note OneGuard offers 24-hour emergency service in the event you are experiencing interior flooding, and all other service orders are usually worked by our contractors during normal business hours. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Our air conditioner was not cooling properly. We called OneGuard and had to wait several days for a tech. He walked in and said he did not work on the duct system, looked at nothing and left. Cost us $59 for the service fee. We called back and asked for another visit. We had to wait four days for an appointment. I told him I did not know what the problem was to please inspect the system thoroughly. He told me the problem was with the zoning and our Warranty did not cover zones.

I looked for a company experienced in zones, and called them. They came out the same day. They thoroughly tested our system and they said the problem had nothing to do with the zones that the pressure was not where it needed to be. They fixed it and the air conditioner worked well. To be fair we complained to OneGuard and they reimbursed us the cost of the repair. However, tonight the air conditioner stopped working again. We called OneGuard and it will take several days to get someone out. If we call and pay ourselves a firm will come the same day. See the problem, with home repairs you cannot wait days. Better to not invest in home Warranty and pay out of pocket so you can get service when you need it.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Mr. Scott, Thank you so much for the five star review of OneGuard! Our top priority is to provide you with the most comprehensive coverage and exceptional service experience in the industry, and we love hearing how pleased you were with your recent air conditioner repair. Please know it is always our pleasure to offer piece of mind when it comes to covering your home's systems and appliances. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your business. We truly appreciate you and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Anybody can get an air conditioner repairman to come out in October, but my claim was in June in Texas and it was a fantastic strep test. I did it over the phone and they answered my question and told me who would actually be servicing and gave me their number. It was quick and professional. I was pretty happy about the fact that I never had to call them and they showed up when they said they were going to.

The contractor called to let me know he was going to be there and I started heading that way. But he started working on the compressor outside before I could get home and by the time I got there, they said they thought they already had it fixed and to just try flipping the switch and see if it works. So, they were there 40 minutes and I was there 10 minutes with them, and it was up and running. With these kinds of situations, the warranty companies are all pretty comparable until you actually have to really use them. I've got five months of experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and they've passed the test so far. I would probably renew with them again as long as the price wasn't that exorbitant. I would also recommend them.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Barbara, Thank you so much for the positive review regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you when your garage door opener was not operating properly. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 31, 2017

The springs on my garage door broke and when I contacted One Guard, they sent a repair service out within an hour, serviceman was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. I would recommend One Guard without hesitation.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Paul, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review regarding your service experience with OneGuard and our plumbing contractor! Professional service from start to finish is exactly what we strive for. We are so pleased this was the case with the commode and faucet repairs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business over the last 4 years. We look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 30, 2017

The different commodes and two faucets began leaking over the recent weeks. One guard repaired each complete and even pulled the bowl off one commodes to make sure it was fixed correctly. The tech kept the area clean while and after completing the work. I was able to continue working while he completed repairs.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Mr. Mckenzie, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard!

We truly value your business and recommendation, and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 29, 2017

We bought a house and closed on it in May and OneGuard Home Warranty is part of it. Our realtor has a special deal with them, so the price per year is less than they normally charge. Also, it's a modified coverage where there's more than what they normally cover. When we moved in, the sprinkler system wasn't working even though the previous owner said it was and the home inspections didn't find that. We submitted a claim with them and they sent somebody out right away and they fixed it. It was super easy to submit a claim online and the contractor they sent out was good. We haven't had any problem since the repair and I would recommend them.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Tom M., Thank you very much for sharing such kind comments regarding your service experience with OneGuard! Our focus is to deliver the best coverage in the industry and to provide you with prompt, professional service whenever you need us. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you for your continued business over the last 7 years! We truly look forward to assisting you with all your home warranty and home services needs in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 27, 2017

We contacted OneGuard concerning a possible problem with an AC unit. They had a qualified service person at our home the next day. The quick response was important, since we were leaving home for several days. The service man went above and beyond to check out our system and ensure it was functioning properly.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Jeanne, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and positive review regarding your service experience with OneGuard and our plumbing contractor! It is always our pleasure to assist you and we love the positive feedback. Prompt and professional service is exactly what we strive for. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 26, 2017

Went out into my garage and discovered water heater was leaking. I sent an email to OneGuard and a plumber was at my house within 45 minutes. He got approval from OneGuard and I had a new water heater that same day.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please be assured OneGuard has always acted in good faith and within the parameters of the service agreement, and we sincerely regret the level of frustration you endured with the pool claim. Please know we appreciate your past business. Thank you again. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 26, 2017

OneGuard Home Warranties was given to me as a housewarming gift by my realty agent. I had submitted a claim with them and their claim process was difficult and ridiculous. They didn't fix anything that was wrong. The pool was turning green because the pump wasn't working. It was sucking air in and wasn't pumping water. It was fine when I moved in, but they said they didn't cover that. They sent somebody out to fix one part that was broken. The guy they sent out didn't fix it right. It blew apart. Then, he fixed it again and then something else went wrong. And they said, "Well, it's not our fault."

The claims rep was non-informative, policy-ridden, and reading books to me on what they don't do. They weren't being solution-oriented. They were basically telling me, "We can't help you with that." So, after I called them a second time, I took care of the problem myself. It's less frustration. I didn't want to get into a pissing match with them so I just spent the money and replaced the entire pump system on the pool at my own cost.

I told my realty agent that I would never recommend those folks again to anybody or give it as a gift to anybody. To me, it was a waste of my realty agent's money. What good is a home warranty when they don't fix anything? They got all these little clauses that tell you if it was working fine when you moved in and now it's not working, that's because you did something wrong. I wouldn't use OneGuard Home Warranties again. I wouldn’t spend the money on it again knowing what it was. I'm not going to renew it.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Ms. Fahsholtz, Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your positive experience working with Kamila! Your concerns were very important to her, and it makes us extremely happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support she provided. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please know we shared your review with Kamila and it really made her day! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have two leaking hose bibs, I called OneGuard. They sent a plumbing contractor, and the contractor told me that access holes would have to be cut into the brick and siding, which would not be covered. The contractor then contacted OneGuard, and was told that the hose bibs were not covered. The plumbing contractor said these hose bibs were frost free and not covered. I called a certified plumber out this morning and he said the hose bibs were not frost free, and access in the brick was sufficient. I call OneGuard back, talked to Josh, and he said one of their agents have out wrong information, the hose bibs are covered. I obviously want to do as little damage to my home as possible, regarding the access holes, but OneGuard told me they would have to go with what their contractor said.

I am very disappointed in OneGuard, I talked to another agent at OneGuard, and she said "Why are you upset?" I told her that since OneGuard gave out misinformation, I had to call another plumber. She told me that was my prerogative, and I didn't have to do that... My hose bibs are leaking very bad, I was told it was not covered by their contractor, what was I supposed to do??? Each time I've called OneGuard I have been on hold approximately 40 minutes. The young lady I spoke to said if I was unhappy with OneGuard I could cancel my policy. I just bought my home, and I paid for a home warranty with OneGuard upfront. I hope nothing else breaks! Not at all happy!

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2017

To my surprise, I received a phone call from Dawn ** at One Guard this afternoon. The company read my review that was published on 7/22/17 and wanted to address my concerns, and I have to say this interaction was much more pleasant and Dawn expressed empathy in the situations I experienced in July.

The company did acknowledge some challenges they've experienced this summer and mentioned the steps they have taken to address those to improve response times and the customers experience.

Dawn expressed concern in my confidence with One Guard after my recent experiences and they have now taken steps to rectify and has extended a goodwill gesture, to allow them the opportunity to earn my confidence back in the future.

Thank you Dawn and the Customer Relations Team for reaching out, I hope the only time we talk in the future is to note my restored confidence.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Thomas C., Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with Dawn from Customer Relations. Your concerns were very important to us and we truly grateful for the feedback. OneGuard's goal is to provide you with hassle free service that exceeds your expectations. We appreciate the opportunity and look forward to serving you in the future. Warmest regards, OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 18, 2017

We purchased our home in February 2017 and during our home inspection there was nothing out of the ordinary. On June 29th we noticed our AC was blowing hot air, so I turned the unit off and contacted One Guard and I had to wait 4 days for service to come out, all while the temp in the house were in excess of 99 degrees. Fast forward two weeks to July 17, 2017 we came home from work at around 5:30 and was welcomed by a wall of hot air. I immediately contacted One Guard again and they were unable to get my "recall" out the same night, so I contacted the contractor directly they sent out on 07/03/17 and they also were unable.

I decided to get another opinion as it seemed strange to me the unit went out no less than two weeks after being serviced. I contacted Reddi and they were at my house and on the roof within an hour. After their inspection they diagnosed the problem as the Compressor Fan Motor and quoted 600.00 installed and noted in their assessment that the problem could have been prevented and should have been caught in the 07/03/17 service call. I contact One Guard again and notified them of the second opinion's finding and my concern of the work performed by the original contractor. I was told that I was going to have to wait another three days before the original contractor could come out for the "recall" and if I wanted to go with another one of their vendors and I would have to wait another week due to scheduling.

I spent over 5 hours on the phone with several people trying to get someone out in a timely manner and not have to use the questionable contractor, but to no avail. I spoke to Pauletta and wasted 40 minutes of my time trying to assess my A/C situation from her office, from her several years of HVAC experience. At one point, she said "Your health and safety isn't our concern, we are only here to provide cheaper repair prices." It has become apparent the money we spent to hopefully ease our mind has resulted very frustrating, unreliable interactions with the company staff and their contractors. I don't think I have EVER been more disappointed in their unwillingness to help and just pass all the liability and control to their unreliable vendors. BUYERS BEWARE. One Guard is NOT worth it!

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Brooklyn, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Customer Relations the opportunity to review your situation firsthand to ensure we have acted within the parameter of the OneGuard agreement. Please know we truly regret the outcome of the claim that was not covered due to the shortage in the dryer that resulted from a power outage which is not considered a normal wear-and-tear breakdown. Please be assured we have responded through BBB. Thank you again for your time and consideration. We look forward to speaking with you. OneGuard Customer Relations

Original review: July 18, 2017

DO NOT USE ONEGUARD HOME WARRANTY PLEASE!! IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME AND LIKE TO HAVE YOUR ISSUES TAKEN SERIOUSLY, look elsewhere. It has taken over a month for them to get my repair done. (It's still not done. I called it in on June 5th 2017.) They sent someone out to do a repair. The contractor leaves saying we will be getting the part and return to finish order in 7-10 business days. Well 7-10 go by and I have not heard anything so I call oneguard and sit on hold for over an hour only to find out that they decided not to accept my repair. No one ever called me to let me know the contractor wasn't coming back so I was just waiting for over a week with no dryer and no clue.

Then the representative says, “Ya know. It seems like it should be covered. I'll put it under review and you should hear from us within 2 days.” I wait a week, hear nothing and decide to call back. 53 minutes of holding and then the woman that answers says that they still have no answer for me but she will look into it personally and she will call me herself on Monday (it was Friday). Well it's been another week and a half and I've heard nothing so I call in again, and the gentleman tells me, “Oh it looks like it hasn't even made it to review. What is a good call back number..." OMG. I gave him my number and explained that I have now been without a dryer for a month and I need answers. I have a newborn and I can't wait forever. He gave me his personal extension if I don't hear from him by Friday... we shall see if I hear anything at all.

Update: I received a call on the 7/13/17 from a direct #. They left a VM saying for me to call back and she would get right back to me. I have now called and left 2 VMs and no response... it’s the 18th... Pretty sure I only got a call because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. THE BBB STILL HASN'T RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM THEM EITHER!! I know because the BBB emailed me. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Everyone is nice enough on the phone but it's just to hurry up and get you off the phone so that they don't have to deal with you. If that wasn't the case then one of the now 4 people that said, "I will get back with you personally" would have actually done so.

OneGuard Home Warranties

Dear Teresa M., Thank you very much for sharing such positive and glowing remarks regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties. We are so happy we had the opportunity to assist you, and provide you some comfort while waiting for the air conditioning system repair to be completed. Our top priority is to always provide our valued customers with peace of mind and exceptional service when it comes to all their home warranty and home services needs. Thank you so much for your continued warranty renewal over the last seven years and entrusting OneGuard with your client's business as well. These referrals are the biggest compliment and truly appreciated! Warmest regards, OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 16, 2017

Car air conditioning went out and because it's the dead of Summer we had to wait two days. But OneGuard offered to put us up in a hotel room for free! And we bought a portable air conditioning unit for $300 and they reimburse us! :-) They paid us back and we got to keep the air conditioning :-) Our home unit got fixed and everything's awesome. Didn't cost us a dime! This is why as a realtor, I pay for every client to have a One Guard warranty. Last year I bought over 35 warranties.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Profile