3.9/5 (89 ratings)
Learn More

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a...

Verified

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submi...

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, plan prices range from $32 per month to $59 per month. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared with the industry average, which ranges from $60 to $125. You can request a free quote from OneGuard Home Warranties to get an exact price for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've place two requests so far, and it took a week every time. One request was to fix my sprinkler and that was handled well. In a week's time, I heard back from the technician and got it fixed. My last claim was for my dishwasher appliance that's not working great, and it's taking longer to resolve. The tech said it has to be either repaired or replaced. I was expecting to get it replaced, but I was told it was only going to be repaired and I'm still waiting on the technician to do the service. It's been more than two weeks and I still didn't hear back from OneGuard or the technician. It's like I have to chase them down.

Last Friday, I reached out to OneGuard to see what happened. I've reached out twice. The first time, I was told there was a delay in getting the parts for replacement then the second time, I waited for 20 minutes on the line and nobody answered. Overall, OneGuard has been pretty good, but I've had a mixed experience with my two claims. I was able to schedule appointments online and I like that experience. On the other hand, I would like to have some proactive response for these issues that I put in. I have to follow up.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Karthikeyan of Phoenix, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and also being so receptive to our call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration. Per our conversation, we have confirmed repairs have been scheduled and we sincerely hope we have effectively addressed your concerns, and have also provided our direct contact information if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I always have OneGuard come and check out the furnace and then in spring, I have them check out the air conditioning. For the furnace, I've had this one company that I always asked for, and they were training a new person. He checked everything out, but he forgot to turn the furnace back on. So I had to have him come back. But he didn't come back. They sent somebody else.

I've called OneGuard numerous times. But I did have one really lousy experience last spring. I had trouble with my dishwasher. Water with soap started coming out from under the door. So I called OneGuard the very next morning and asked for someone to come out and look at it. They sent this man and from the very beginning, I wasn't really comfortable with him. He kept on saying that it was my fault because I was using the wrong detergent but I knew I wasn't. He kept on and on and on. He said that I needed to use this dishwasher cleaner. So I said okay.

When he left, I chased all over the place trying to find this stuff. This was during COVID and it wasn't available. So I bought another detergent and used the dishwasher again and then everything was okay. But the next time I used it, the same old thing happened all over again. So I called back and this man came. He was very indignant that I'm continuing to use the wrong dishwashing detergent but I wasn't. I just got nowhere. So I finally lost patience and asked him to leave. He had a one-track mind and kept asking him to check out various parts of the dishwasher.

I called OneGuard back and they wanted to send this fellow out again. I told them there was no way that I wanted that man in my house again. So the gal found me another company and I requested that they send me someone who has an excellent history. She had one, but she said I'd have to wait 10 days. I told her that it was fine and I would do that. So I waited the time and this other fellow came out. Within 20 minutes, he had my dishwasher repaired. There was a part that was going bad so that was why it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. It had nothing to do with the dishwasher detergent. He had the part in the truck and everything was fine. But I was really disgusted with this first individual. When OneGuard emailed me a report, I put down everything that happened that I wasn't happy with and that was the end of it. But I've had many, many good experiences with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carol of AZ, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I signed up with a different company and had that warranty for about five years, and then it became OneGuard. Our costs doubled since then because we were paying $33 before and now it's nearly 60 bucks a month. Also, the amount that we have to pay for a visit when we schedule costs a lot more for the visit itself. It used to be $40 or $45 and now it's 60.

Most of the contractors have been good. There was just one plumber that we requested him to wear a mask when he came and he said he's vaccinated and he would not wear a mask. The reason why we asked was because my kids have high risks and they have breathing issues so it's just a precaution. Then he went out to check the water pressure and he couldn't find a higher water pressure on two of those faucets outside so he went to the one that leads to the pool directly, which in itself is not a faucet. It's something modified by the previous owner to put in some pipe to water the bushes. It's a very big outlet of water that sprays and the pressure can be increased or decreased because it goes to the pool. He used that and he claimed that the water pressure coming into the home was too high and that was the reason that all these problems were happening and that the warranty would be void if that would be the case. He was rude and unethical.

Other than that, my overall experience with all the people has been professional and they come in on time. When the cold freeze happened and then three or four months later, OneGuard was still backed up for plumbing appointments, we made an appointment for a leaky faucet, which was not connected to the thing, and we had to wait a long time for it. They need to find more vendors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sunitha of Southlake, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your complete satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and keeping premium costs competitive, and we regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

When requesting for service, the reps answer the phone good and they don't keep me on hold for an hour. They get back to me. I have to wait for the technician to call me and confirm the appointment. So, it takes a little while but it's not a bad thing. Everybody is courteous and the people that come into the house are very nice about adhering to the COVID restrictions. Overall, the experience is okay. It's just that I don't know how badly I need the service. I needed something done to the toilets, the dishwasher and something else, and I had to pay three different companies $75 to do each job. It cost me a lot of money because some of these jobs are small and they may not even cost $75 to pay somebody to do it.

OneGuard sent somebody to change the locks but the person didn't change the locks. He changed the cylinders and he only had to change two, and that cost me $75. I could have bought the locks for $30 and the cylinders for $30 and put them in myself. But other than that, OneGuard is okay and the $75 will be nothing compared to the price that you would have had to pay if you had to pay for a technician to come out of your pocket.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary of Houston, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and the most comprehensive coverage in the industry at a competitive cost, and we are happy you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for the opportunity! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to showcasing all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The representatives at OneGuard were extremely helpful, kind and patient. They reflected well on the company. The times that I have done a claim, I went online, paid a fee and then, I received a call either the next day or the day after by the company that was gonna provide the service. The contractors all have great customer service but I noticed that there’s a pattern. They’re rated low online so it makes me wary.

The company that delivered my last appliance was supposed to hook it up but they didn't plug it in. So, I hear the word “Install appliances” and I think install it and plug it in, and they didn't do that. They just delivered the washer. They connected the hoses but did not plug in the washer to the outlet. They said that it was because they couldn't reach behind. The outlet is behind the dryer but the washer is 166 pounds. So, when I got home, I had to try to move the washer again because they left the electrical cord taped on the washer. They didn't even make it accessible to me.

Most of the negative reviews was that OneGuard doesn't fully install the appliances the way they should. So, I had to call a friend to come and help me move the washer. He moved the washer just enough, so he can get the electrical cord. All he had to do was literally move the dryer, which is much lighter, about four inches to the left and he was able to plug it in. So, the reps were just not trying. Still, OneGuard gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything were to break down, I can easily go on the website and make a claim, and have what’s wrong with it figured out in the next couple days. It's a more affordable way to get services. They have come through with a couple of things that I needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yuriko of Mesa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with ease of service and the peace of mind you deserve. We also appreciate your thoughtful feedback as it directly contributes to our improvement and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

OneGuard has been great, for the most part. A lot of the contractors have been great, too. One gentleman stayed here for a lot longer than he needed to when our refrigerator was down. There had been some incidences though where a Russian fellow didn't speak English. Then it took them a long time to get back to us. That was on a microwave issue and an appliance. We called and said, “We'd not like them to come back.” They said, “You actually have to keep them on because they've already started the claim with us. And we're in the middle of it.”

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ben of Mesa, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued members. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Contractor response for A/C outage during 100+ degree temps is unacceptable. When I initially called to open a service request (Monday evening) the representative could not tell me how long before the contractor could schedule an appointment, so on day one of the outage I did not open a claim. I hung up and started calling A/C contractors on my own. I was able to locate a contractor that could come out same evening within a few hours. He was able to quickly diagnose the issue. (One Guard apparently doesn't have any contractors that can meet that service level.) I learned my condenser/compressor was blown and was not repairable. I was able to find out (same evening) I would be looking to replace this component.

The next morning (Tuesday) I contacted OneGuard to open a service request as this component is covered and I would prefer to use the warranty coverage I pay a considerable amount for each year. I explained that I had a diagnosis of the issue and would like to have one of their contractors scheduled to come out to confirm diagnosis and get going on relieving us from the 100 degree temperature with no A/C. A contractor was assigned and I was told they would be contacting me. After a few hours I hadn't heard from them so I contacted the contractor directly to see how soon I might be able to get scheduled. The contractor's office informed me someone could come out THURSDAY between 9am & 1pm - they seemed pretty matter of fact with no sense of urgency.

I asked if there was any way to escalate the appointment and mentioned I had already had another contractor out so I was pretty sure I would needing to have the condenser replaced. They didn't ask for any details which told me I could expect they would be coming out to only diagnose the issue, which likely means additional days of suffering through a hot house in 100+ degree days. Since I have a 90 year old living with me I couldn't see going with out A/C for an extended period. I inquired with a few other contractors on my own. Two were able to come out same day (Tuesday) and quote a replacement unit. On Wednesday I had a new unit installed from one of those contractors.

While I was able to find 3 contractors to come out during peak demand, One Guard was not able to provide a single one contractor that could even come out and to diagnose the issue. One Guard either needs to contract with more HVAC companies, contract with companies that can meet the demand during extreme summer heat in Texas or make an exception and offer customers the option to cashout in consideration of the extreme heat. Having a customer remain without A/C for days during extended 100+ degree days in unacceptable and really sad. This says a lot about this company. Needless to say I am not very happy and questioning if I will purchase another warranty. I had to incur the full expense to get my A/C up and running. The whole concept of having a warranty is to minimize costly repairs out of pocket, hmm...

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear KP of Dallas, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction and servicing our valued members as quickly as possible is our top priority, and we regret any frustration. Please know OneGuard will make reasonable efforts to initiate service within 48 hours after a service request is made, and we sincerely regret the missed opportunity to assess the breakdown firsthand. Thank you again for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 31, 2022

I was a little disappointed last year when we weren't offered a fix but a replacement that was less than a third of what the unit actually costs. We're still on an open work order. I don't know whose fault it is, it’s “Bring one part.” The guy to me was fixing the wine refrigerator and he said, “It’s only 5 years old. It looks like it might be this or this.” I said, “How do you do this?” He said, “We’ll have to get this.” I said, “What if you get out here and two weeks later, it's gonna need the other one?” Which was exactly what happened.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Velma of Yuma, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and providing best-in-class service to our valued members, and we sincerely apologize for the frustration. We have confirmed OneGuard authorized repairs for the additional refrigerator on your behalf and we are closely monitoring your service request to ensure resolution. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 30, 2022

I had a claim for my washer that had a water leak. Submitting the claim with OneGuard was easy. I just called the number and gave them my telephone number. They pulled up the account, verified my information and scheduled a company to give me a call. The company called me not the next day but the day afterward, scheduled the visit for the weekend and worked around my schedule. I was happy with the repair work. The tech was very friendly, came in and explained everything. It turned out to not be the washer. It was the drain that was clogged up. That was not part of the coverage. But he gave me some tips on how to do it and take care of it and I managed to do it shortly after. So far, so good. Because of my experience I went ahead and added my other property to the account as well.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Moises of Houston, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is always our top priority, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to assist you. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 29, 2022

We had a sewer backup and had to have the whole sewer system redone. We've had twice out for the air conditioning, out for the garage door, and out for changing all the locks. When it's an emergency, OneGuard is not very efficient. There's no service 24 hours a day like it states, unless you act like you never turned a claim in. Then you can get to talk to somebody. Otherwise, it just goes into a system where you have to wait until the next day when they show up for work. Some of their people are fine. Some people aren't. The plumbers haven't been very efficient but the air conditioning people were and took care of business.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kathleen of Phoenix, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our utmost priority is to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued members, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information