Get a Free Quote Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.40/5
Visit Website

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 22, 2020

I live in an older house and I figured there would be some repair that needed to be done so I had a warranty the first year after I bought the house from the previous owner, but from a different company. I liked the concept that there is someone I can contact that buffers some of the cost of repairs, but I didn’t like the company I had. I had them for a couple of months, and then I was like, “Yeah, it’s over.” And then, it was either a neighbor told me about OneGuard or I looked it up online and it had good reviews.

I try to use OneGuard's app but I usually have problems with it. And every time I did, I called and they would say, “Yeah, it’s down right now.” So, it’s disappointing because the app is very convenient and I can upload photos. Otherwise, I just have to call in. I’m usually with the contractors actively while they’re here. I help explain what’s going on and show where stuff is. I’ve had good experiences.

I could usually find higher quality work if I source it myself, but it would have been more expensive. It’s more of a budget play than it is a quality play with most of the contractors that I get through a home warranty. I’m very happy with the home warranty company and the payouts, but for big repairs, I usually end up taking the payout and going through a contractor myself. But other than that, OneGuard has done a great job. They do everything they can. Given the business model, it’s right for them to try to find low-cost contractors because they can’t just pay out for nothing. I’m very happy I have them. I’ve had them for two years now and given my experience, I’ll continue with them moving forward.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yaniv of Houston, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know we appreciate your feedback regarding our contractors and the OneGuard portal. We constantly strive for quality and convenient service interactions and we are vigilant in improving upon our online application and contractor base. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

When I went to an open house, there was a cardboard thing about OneGuard that stated what they covered. It was put on before anyone put any offers. I bought the house and the warranty came as a sales feature. Whenever I make a claim with them, I talk to their representative and everything is great. Most of their contractors have been good too although I had a really bad experience with one of the providers last summer regarding my microwave. Other than that, I had positives experiences.

There are several things wrong with the house. When I had a water heater issue, I got it replaced and that was an awesome experience. OneGuard couldn't replace the gallon that I had - I guess it was a weird amount - so I either had to pay more to get something that was of a bigger capacity than I had or they would have to give me something smaller along with a credit. I ended up going smaller and they actually gave me money back. But I had to pay some of that money back to the people who worked on it because it cost another $130 to fit it to this other size. I still got compensated for the fact that it was not what I had before though and it went well.

I also had issues with the sprinklers and that went well too. I love the contractor Sprinkler Doctors and I would definitely use them again. I also recently got a plumber out for plumbing issue. I cannot say enough about that guy. I asked for his card because I'm moving. But he didn't even need more business. He said he appreciated the thought but he could get enough business from OneGuard. He was happy doing all his business through them.

Although I had one horrible experience with OneGuard about the microwave thing, it is not enough to have me hate them. Overall, I had such a good experience with their customer service rep. They had friendly and professional staff. They were easy to work with and there was a smooth process in resolving issues. I actually chose to buy their coverage when I listed my house and offered that as a selling feature. I'm also buying OneGuard for my new house.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our wonderful service contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we are absolutely thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the services we offer. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I was a Realtor for 10 years as well as being a personal homeowner and I have dealt with so many home warranty companies. I thought other companies were good in the past, but One Guard takes it steps further and is absolutely EXCELLENT. From the ease of starting a new home warranty with them, to how quickly and efficiently claims are handled with zero stress (I have had an AC repair claim and sprinkler repair claim), to their amazing customer service.

I gave a A review for the BBB a week or so ago (my first ever BBB review) because of how much an agent there helped me out one day, and today I received equal help from another lady named Trish **. They go out of their way and exceed expectations making my experience with this company top notch in what otherwise could be such a stressful ordeal. I highly recommend them, you will feel very covered and protected from homeowner stress! I also really like that they offer coverage other companies do not. I love having my sprinklers covered, and my yard maintenance and pest services are now through OneGuard. I am excited to also use the tile and grout cleaning service in the future.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Deseree, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, Trisha, and our contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we love the positive feedback. We also appreciate your BBB review! Please know we have shared your rave review with Trisha and she appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and is humbled by your kind words. On behalf of the entire team, welcome to OneGuard! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 22, 2019

We wanted to have a warranty because we were purchasing a new home. The Realtor that we had gave us a list of about five warranty companies that were rated well as far as he was concerned. He sent all the information about each company and I read over them all. I decided that I liked the way OneGuard presented things.

So far, everything has been good. I did my claims with them over the phone. But there was one contractor that we used that we had issues with and we were not satisfied with. They told us that there were quite a few things that were wrong and they weren't gonna be covered under the warranty. We kept having the issue and they wanted to do about $3,000 worth of stuff. After we did a little research, we did not felt that was correct. We opted to not even go through the warranty. I wasn’t familiar with home warranties and I wanted to get a second opinion. It turned out that the first contractor was not correct. The guy that gave us the second opinion fixed things for just the minimal amount, which was $50-something or so.

But we had another issue that came up. It was the air conditioning unit and I went through the warranty with it. I told the rep that I did not want to use that same company they gave me earlier and even told her that they might wanna take that company off their preferred providers because they certainly didn’t know what they were doing. She sent another person out and he was very good. My experience has been very positive and productive.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Please know we are available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888.896.0014 if you ever need additional assistance with any of your service requests. We are always happy to provide our personal assistance and help with solutions. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 22, 2019

I’m a realtor and I’ve had OneGuard on my house for 10 years now. It’s always paid for itself with the exception of this year. I like selling them because they've been good to me over the years. It gives me options. If I don’t want the same thing being fixed, sometimes I get a buyout and I buy brand-new, which is better for OneGuard and for me. It’s probably not the most logical thing to do, but it makes sense. I have replaced just about everything in my house over the last 20 years, so I’ve used them on everything. I love that they offer servicing air conditioners. To me, that’s brilliant because that reminds me that it needs to be done and that’s why my air conditioner has lasted 20 years. When I call in, they know I’m a realtor so they’re super nice to me. They’d send me a confirmation email and who’s gonna call me, and the vendor usually calls me within a couple of hours and I’d set it up.

What I like about OneGuard is that you can get carpet cleaning. I also like being able to call them instead of me having to find a plumber. That’s how I sell them to my clients. I also like that they request feedback on their vendors, which is really important because there are some vendors that I won’t use ‘cause all they do is try to upsell you. Recently, my pool pump went out again. The negative thing about it is that they just keep on replacing it with old, refurbished ones that last a year, so I’m doing that year after year. I bought a variable speed pump, which everything has to move over to within the next few years anyway, even though it cost me a couple of thousand dollars. Unfortunately, my buyout on that was only a couple of hundred, which was really sad. In the long run, I have to drop my pool coverage so it’s not good for them. There’s a little bit of a lag in foresight with them, and it’s starting to bother me a little bit. Nonetheless, I really like them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jaime, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to deliver best-in-class customer service while providing the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We also appreciate your understanding with respect to pool coverage and appreciate the opportunity to continue to provide you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: March 24, 2020

During the past six months my freezer and clothes dryer each needed repair. OneGuard guided me through the process effortlessly. I was reimbursed promptly. OneGuard member support is the best. Faith ** is courteous, professional, and knowledgeable in her assistance. OneGuard and Faith Blankenship set the benchmark standard at the highest level, and if all other companies would follow their example consumers would be in consumer heaven. Keep the Faith!!!!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alex of Palestine, Thank you so much for the 5-star review and such positive testimony regarding your excellent customer service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Faith! We agree! Faith is diligent and exceptional in her role, and it was her distinct pleasure to personally assist you. Making it easy to request service, and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 24, 2020

We’ve had a warranty in every home that we’ve lived in as a safeguard in case of an emergency breakdown. And when we bought one of our homes, OneGuard was provided for us along with the sale. They have given excellent service, have been very responsive and the price has been fair, which were why we stuck with them throughout the years. To submit claims, we call OneGuard and they give us a company that will be calling us within four hours. They also send us an email confirming that and everything follows through. The contractors they've dispatched have been very professional and know what they’re doing. We’re very happy with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Marilynn of Peoria, Thank you so much for the 5-star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors over the last 15 years! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are honored that you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 21, 2020

OneGuard hasn't done all the things that I've expected, but my experience with them when I would submit a claim had been very good. I would do it on the phone and they'd arrange when the contractors would come out. Then OneGuard would give me the tech's number and the people would call me or I'd call them. I had a really good experience the last time and that was with my garage door opener. I had to buy a new garage door opener, but they gave me a good price on it. But the quality of the work done on the irrigation was not exactly what I anticipated and OneGuard would only cover so much, so I don’t really know if they totally fixed it, but we'll find out down the road here.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lynda of Goodyear, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the positive review and testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you also for allowing us the opportunity to review the service request for the sprinkler system. We have confirmed with the contractor that no leaks were identified upon the most recent inspection of the system. However, the contractor recommended performing a leak detection to confirm no internal leaks are present within the irrigation system or water feature; leak detection is not covered by the service plan. We are also available 24/7, 365 days a year, at 888.896.0014, to offer our personal assistance with any of your service requests. Thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 20, 2020

With OneGuard, it's easy to get things fixed and a lot cheaper than buying things new. When I just had someone come out to service my AC and my heating unit, the tech who came was great. We've also had OneGuard do several things and we've always been pleased.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rhonda of Sun City West, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our fantastic contractors! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to provide you with quality, convenient service, and we absolutely love your feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs! We truly value your business and look forward to providing you with more positive experiences again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 15, 2020

My washer went out and I called to submit a claim. Their representative and the technician they sent out was good. The washer wasn’t repaired the same day. The repair was gonna be too much so they decided to replace it. That took less than a week, so it wasn't that bad. We’ve had OneGuard for at least 10 years and we’re pretty happy with their service.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eva of Avondale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and the timeliness and great value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your loyal business of 10 years and look forward to serving you again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
    Kitchen appliances$2,500
    Ductwork$500
    Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
    Permits and code upgrades$250
    Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
    Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
    2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
    3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information