Call toll free
4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

02/14/2019

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

03/09/2019

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

400 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 19, 2019

I purchased a new home and I had got a list of all the home warranties. OneGuard had a better service call fee and they had a lot more better reviews. I file my claim requests with them over the phone and it's very easy. They have awesome reps. I'm usually called or texted when I should expect their contractors and the timeframe is usually an hour or two hours. Their contractors are very good. Everything is great after their repair.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have been with OneGuard Home Warranties for at least 6 years and feel they are an exceptional Home Warranty Company. Customer service is the best at all times and today's experience with Joanne ** did not disappoint! Always helpful, caring, understanding. When I hang the phone up after speaking with them, I feel very satisfied and taken care of! The vendors they have on their list seem to all have to same demeanor and that is amazing! Everyone pays attention to detail and their service ethics is outstanding!!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Twila, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing feedback regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Joanne! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. Please know Joanne appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and your kind words really made her day. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, Thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 8 years, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 12, 2019

We have several rentals in the Surprise AZ area and have used OneGuard for over 6 yrs. Since we are show birds it is really great to have someone that you can count on to resolve issues when we are not in the area or are busy. They have always provided excellent, reliable, timely service and Ana **. is easy to work with!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dee, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your excellent service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Ana! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are prompt and professional, is exactly what we strive to do, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help! Please know we have also shared your review with Ana, and your kind words really made her day! On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs. We truly value your continued business over the last 6 years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 11, 2019

I got a call from Michelle ** regarding the homeowner warranty renewal. She quickly and efficiently explained my plan options and advantages and what is covered under the plan. Thank you for the renewal call.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Samuel, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and outstanding remarks regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Michelle! Explaining your coverage options and ensuring a seamless contract renewal was extremely important to Michelle and she appreciated the opportunity to offer her personal assistance to you. OneGuard strives to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in class service, and we truly value your continued business. On behalf of Michelle and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We humbly look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’ve had OneGuard Home Warranties for five years and things have gone well. They’re responsive and submitting a claim with them is easy. Online, it just takes about five minutes and a company will reach out to me within eight business hours. Recently, I requested service for an AC tune-up and I did it online. They called me to set up the appointment quickly. Then, the tech came out to look at my AC unit. I had to pay some additional money out of pocket additional to service fee but they were able to explain in detail why I had to do that. OneGuard is a good company to work with and I plan to continue using their service.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lauren, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your experiences using OneGuard online to create your service requests! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to make the process hassle free, and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you, as well your positive interactions with our service contractors. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 5 years, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: April 9, 2019

My water heater would not stay lit and it was under warranty. I had no hot water for four days and could not find any plumbers to help me asap. The company I bought the heater from no longer did plumbing or would honor the warranty. I called OneGuard and spoke to Brad ** in customer service and he went above and beyond to help me with my problem. After explaining my dilemma to him he briefly put me on hold and found a plumber who would come out the next morning. While I was talking to Brad the plumbing company called me right away to confirm my appointment. WOW! Service at the speed of light. Thank you Brad ** and OneGuard for your care and concern. I definitely endorse OneGuard Home Warranty and appreciate the care and kindness that Brad had shown me. He is certainly an asset to this company in a day and age where service is at a premium.

Sincerely,

John

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear John, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Brad! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We agree! Brad is an asset to OneGuard and the epitome of customer service, and he appreciated the opportunity to provide you with his personal assistance. Please know we have also shared your review with Brad and you really made his day. On behalf of Brad and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 6 years and your recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

OneGuard is claiming that internal damage caused by pool water INSIDE A POOL HEATER, is not normal wear and tear. Be aware of how this scam works. They send out their technicians, who rely on OneGuard for call outs. Both followed the company line, claiming pool water leaks in a 13 year old pool heater would not be considered “normal wear and tear”. When I offered to have my pool technician call them and explain why it was normal, they conveniently stated “that they do not take outside opinions into account”. Outstanding! Of course this is all after taking your monthly fee and call out fee. I am awaiting a call from customer service. I will update. But as of now they are continuing their denial of service. Beware!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Barry W., Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation in its entirety to ensure accuracy. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret the outcome of your service request for the pool heater that was not covered, due to the breakdown that did not result from normal wear-and-tear conditions. Both OneGuard service contractors that assessed the system, confirmed the error code on the circuit board and non-functional heater blower, were the result of water damage, and subsequent chemical damage to the temperature sensor and heat exchanger. Please be assured we have had in-depth conversations with both service contractors to confirm the details of their diagnoses. In addition, we have spoken with you in an effort to further explain coverage and why the request was not covered. Thank you again for your time and consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 3, 2019

OneGuard is really good, and they care about their customers. They have an awesome pay later program, so if you don't have the money that time, after your services, they'll come and pull it instead on that same day. Recently, I filed a claim for the garage. We usually call in to submit a claim and we tell them what's going on. And then, they send out information to someone and someone contacts us. After that, the contractor comes out and fix the issue the next day or some time the same day. Out of all the times that we've ever called into OneGuard, we only had one incident wherein they took us out of the situation and they took care of the issue themselves. Other than that, the contractors that have come out were awesome.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Amber, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the five star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help and love the positive feedback. Please know we truly value your business, and look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you again! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 29, 2019

My experience in submitting a claim to OneGuard was okay. I love it. The technicians they sent came the day they said. I opened the case and after two days, the technicians were here. It was very fast. The issues I had to have repaired were fixed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Claudia, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are dependable and prompt, is exactly what we strive to do, and it makes us extremely happy this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 28, 2019

OneGuard helps out with whatever we need and they're good. We've had them for a year now. Our most recent claim was for the fridge. It was leaking and it wasn't making ice. I called and set up an appointment, and they had it fixed. The contractor that came out was really nice. They came on time and fixed the fridge completely. They got the repair done really fast.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andres, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are prompt and professional, is exactly what we strive to do, and we appreciate the opportunity to help! On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 27, 2019

OneGuard Home Warranties came with the house when we bought it and they have been great. Submitting a claim with them was an excellent experience. And they were fantastic. They responded and sent a technician. He diagnosed the problem and got it taken care of. Our dishwasher quit just recently. The tech was here the next day, but couldn't fix it because parts aren't made for it. OneGuard said to replace it and sent us a check for the new one. It was a little inconvenient, but it would've been, no matter who fixed it. They give excellent service and we're more than happy with the way they represented themselves.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andrew, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your excellent service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations is our top priority, and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 3 years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 26, 2019

Michelle ** was fantastic at explain the different policy options and add-on features available to our policy. We are an 11 year customer of OneGuard and would highly recommend contacting by phone, instead of only online, as there are additional options & choices that can make the home warranty fit any home or need.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Keri, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with Michelle! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We completely agree! Michelle is exceptional in performing her duties, and your rave review really made her day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business over the last 11 years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 21, 2019

This afternoon I had the need to call OneGuard to request service under our Home Warranty Policy with OneGuard. I spoke to Joshua **, who couldn't have been more courteous and helpful in arranging a contractor to be assigned to deal with our issue. He was definitely quite understanding and desiring to assist us. He truly is an assist to your customer service staff! I look forward to the contractor assigned to fix the problem addressing the issue as promptly!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Stephen, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and such positive comments regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Joshua! Providing quick resolution by friendly service professionals that are caring and prompt, is exactly what we strive to do, and we are thrilled to hear this has been your experience. We have shared your rave review with Joshua and your positive feedback really made his day. On behalf of Joshua and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 21, 2019

One Guard Customer Service Trish ** was outstanding! She is responsible for the successful replacement of my wall unit microwave/oven. Without her help and careful persistent monitoring, all the moving parts of this transaction would never have been able to come together. She was outstanding. I am so grateful for her help. I now have a new, workable and very beautiful updated microwave and oven. One Guard has been super during my first year in my new home. Trish ** was absolutely the best.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carol, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your outstanding service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Tina! Your satisfaction is always our top priority and we are overjoyed that you found convenience and ease in working with Tina throughout the replacement process for the built-in microwave/oven. Please know your testimony is exactly what we strive to do, and Tina is exceptional in performing her duties, and your rave review really made her day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 20, 2019

We purchased the home in 2016 and the owners prior had OneGuard. They told us about them and we used them as well. Unfortunately, we've had to do a couple of claims, but our experience in submitting claims has been good. I also had insurance with my residence in Texas, but it wasn’t as easy as OneGuard has been. I have some big appliances in the home that have gone down and they have been efficient. My wife did the majority of the phone calls and we get a good follow-up on people coming out. The works have also been great and they’ve helped quite a bit with our something we've needed help on. They’ve been able to help out with the washer, the garage door, and the dishwasher.

I've had some good experience with the contractors they sent out, although we had one issue with the past one with the dishwasher. They weren't able to connect it because the valve was old and they needed the valve to be replaced. They were unwilling to do it and could possibly break the valve, so they had someone come out and fix the valve in the dishwasher in our garage, which was no problem. Then, they came back out once it was done and they did it quickly. I've shared about OneGuard to multiple people.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alfred, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs and provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. Additionally, we appreciate your transparency and patience regarding the claim process for the dishwasher and are pleased to hear that the installation was completed quickly and efficiently! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 18, 2019

I heard about OneGuard through Alex, our lender. The rep there was good. We did the moving specials where we get our doors done and rekeyed. They accidentally scheduled us at the same time with another Emma in the same neighborhood so I had to call about that. But they resolved it, and they came out immediately, and it was fine.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Emma, Thank you so much for the 4 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Your satisfaction is always our top priority as we strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service. While we sincerely apologize for the scheduling error, we are pleased to hear that swift resolution was provided on your behalf. Please know we are available to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year, if you ever need additional assistance with any of your service requests. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for the opportunity! We are overjoyed that you have chosen OneGuard for all of your home warranty and home service needs and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 13, 2019

Our OneGuard Warranty came with the home we purchased. During our contract the Air Condition unit needed repair. OneGuard supplied prompt, service and highly trained professionals to do the work. Also our refrigerator broke down and we needed a new compressor. A top notch repairman from the model maker and completed the job that was above our expectation. I would highly recommend OneGuard Warranties to any homeowner. An added note of appreciation goes to Ralph ** for helping us through the continuation process with this great company. It is truly a worthwhile investment for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Roger, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors, and Ralph! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We have also shared your rave review with Ralph, and you really made his day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 11, 2019

I'm happy with OneGuard's service. Their service is excellent and they will like to try to find a person right away. Whenever I call them, the service is always right away, almost the next day. The last claim I submitted to them was for plumbing. I submitted the request and they told me that it was gonna be two days. The water was running, so I called back and they sent the guy the next day.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alicia, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know your testimony is exactly what we strive to do, and we love the positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the past 5 years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 10, 2019

When we bought our home in 2017 OneGuard came with the purchase. We've used them for getting the irrigation system working as well as doing preseason services on the central a/c-heating system. The service providers they contract with are professional and reputable. Last year when it came time to renew the contract we researched several other warranty companies and elected to keep our services with OneGuard. The value and services provided are the primary reasons we chose to remain with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Rhett, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly appreciate your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 9, 2019

We got OneGuard Home Warranties as it was a part of the condition that our realtor had set up. We have them for two years now. Recently my hot water heater went out, and then we called OneGuard and asked if it was covered. They said that if it was normal wear and tear, then it would be covered. A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Aaron, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are dependable and prompt, is exactly what we strive to do, and it makes us extremely happy this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 8, 2019

I got OneGuard Home Warranties from my realtor and I have been with them for a year and a half. I called them up and told them I needed to do my annual AC checkup, and they contacted their vendor, who then contacted me for the appointment. The contractor came out on time. He got right to work and checked everything. He adjusted the fan in the attic, and then he went out and checked the AC unit itself. There was a part that was supposedly bad, so he went out to call OneGuard and referenced that. They had to come to replace it, and he replaced it all in the same visit.

The guy had checked a previous home prior to us and I guess he pulled the wrong ticket because he found a problem with their AC unit as well, and called OneGuard. They called me for approval to do it, and he wasn’t at my house. That was a miscommunication, more than anything else. Nevertheless, I’d recommend OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Albert, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our service providers! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution response: March 9, 2019

I was contacted by One Guard and was very happy with their response to my concern. They expressed the same great customer service they did throughout our contract with them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We recently sold our house in AZ and had no control who the buyers went with as a home warranty company. When calling to cancel our policy because we no longer have the house we were informed that we would get a $50 cancellation fee. I understand if we still owned the house and were just canceling to go with another company but selling the house??? We couldn't transfer service either because they don't offer services in the state we are in. When explaining to the sales rep how I felt she went to her supervisor. The supervisor did not waive the fee. Horrible way to end a great relationship.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Laura, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our follow phone call. Our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your frustration regarding the administration fee when cancelling. Please know we hope to have effectively addressed your concerns, and that you will consider updating your review to reflect our efforts and outcome achieved on your behalf. Congratulations on the sale of your home and thank you again for your business! OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 7, 2019

I’m on my third year with OneGuard and they're doing okay for me. But I figured they'd say, "Here is a veteran that served 30 years in the military. Let’s give a discount to him.” But none, whatsoever. I was wondering if they have ever heard of customer loyalty. There are a lot of other companies that we can choose and I can choose to drop OneGuard right now and pick somebody else. When the garbage disposal was not working, I called OneGuard and they put me in contact with the contractor for them to call me and set up a time. They set up today. The guy came in, took care of the problem, and went away. And the garbage disposal is working now.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alfonzo, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 5 years! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the positive feedback and opportunity to help. Please know we are extremely grateful for your many years of service to our country, and we confirmed a military discount was applied on your recent renewal. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and loyalty, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 6, 2019

I'm a new homeowner and a new OneGuard warranty user - My first call - Trisha ** made it easy and quick. I had several things I needed and she took the time to explain, and made the experience easy and comfortable. By the time I hung up the phone, I already had follow-up emails and service calls for set up. Great experience. Glad I chose OneGuard. - Kirsten **, Peoria, AZ.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ms. Nichols, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your first service call with OneGuard Home Warranties and Trisha! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know your review made Trisha’s day and she appreciated the opportunity to speak with you and offer her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 6, 2019

We looked into getting a home warranty for protection around the house. Expenses pop up and we wanted to make sure we were covered. We've had OneGuard's home warranty for four years now and they've been great. My mom, brother, sister, and daughter also have this warranty. Recently, our heater went out and it was really cold when it wasn't working properly. I submitted the claim for repair and OneGuard called me within 30 minutes and got the contractor lined up. The contractor went out that day and the techs replaced the motherboard. The heater worked for a little while, then it didn't work again. The techs came out three times and made sure that the heater was fixed. I've recommended OneGuard to several friends.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Renee, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 4 years! We strive to provide timely and quality repairs, completed by friendly and helpful service professionals, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you also for your patience as we worked to achieve resolution for your heating system. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 5, 2019

Required service for broken fan. Contractor contacted us in a timely manner to arrange appointment and arrived on time. Quickly determined the issue and repaired it quickly. We were so pleased with him that he is now in my contact list for all electrical issues.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Chip, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and amazing testimony regarding your experience with our reliable service contractor! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are dependable and prompt, is exactly what we strive to do, and we are overjoyed to hear this was your experience! On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard. We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 4, 2019

I couldn't be happier with the service and experience of OneGuard. The technician has made 3 calls on my refrigerator/freezer and has done a superior job of analyzing the problem and fixing it. Joanne is a very capable scheduler and the techs always arrive on time and are very courteous.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Elaine, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and such positive testimony regarding your experiences with our service contractors and Joanne! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always strive for prompt repairs completed by friendly and efficient service professionals. We are thrilled to hear this has been your experience, and we are truly grateful for the opportunity to help. Please also know we have shared your rave review with Joanne and your positive feedback really made her day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have four different warranties because I have rental properties, and I've had OneGuard for many years. Through those years, I have found contractors that are really good, and that's who I prefer to use. One time there was a contractor that didn't wanna do North Scottsdale where my home is, but I called another contractor who said, "No problem. I'll do it." And OneGuard went along with the program. Their response depends on what the problem is, though. Sometimes it's the same day, but it's hot in the summertime here in Arizona so if there's an AC problem, it could take two days. It's always a positive experience with OneGuard and I always refer people to them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alice, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 8 years! We strive to provide timely and quality repairs, completed by friendly and helpful service professionals, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've had OneGuard Home Warranties for so many years and I've stuck with them because of the combination of the location of where they offer their services as well as their price and value. Sometimes, it was darn inconvenient when something wasn't working properly. I usually submitted my claims with them online, but as I am a real estate agent I usually got to talk to the people in the real estate department and they've always been helpful and friendly. Every time I made a claim, I usually could count on hearing from the contractor in a very short period of time. Then they came at the appointed time and did the work. If the problem was something that they couldn't fix right away, then they came back to fix it. I would recommend OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Alicia, Thank you so much for the 4 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 8 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help and love the positive feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for again choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Cindy ** too excellent care with my request for service regarding my wash machine. I am in Oregon and I have renters in my condo in Arizona. No problem, Cindy walked me thru the whole process and explained every thing in detail. The renters are happy to deal directly with the service repair company. Thank you.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Cindy! Providing service that exceeds your expectations, with friendly representatives and contractors that are courteous and professional, is our number one priority, and we love the positive feedback. Please know we have also shared your rave review with Cindy and she appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of Cindy and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information