2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5
Get a Quote

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties Learn More Get a Quote

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: June 12, 2020

One Guard quickly arranged an air conditioner repair for us when ours stopped working Thursday afternoon, 6/11/20. My confirmation number is 1929121. The company contact was Pro Solutions Air Conditioning. They did reach out on Friday morning to schedule service. The guy told me they could be here on Monday, 6/15/20. I told him I couldn't wait that long, I have two dogs to think about as well as my wife. Plus, today will be 110 degrees, and the rest of the weekend too. So he said he could come tomorrow if I paid him $89.00. I told him to forget it.

I called back to One Guard and got your customer service rep, "LILA." She was a breath of fresh air. She was very sympathetic toward my problem and volunteered to try and contact another service that could help. She came back on the line and had lined up Universal Air Conditioning (very competent and would use anytime). Long story short-they were here in a half hour and fixed the problem. I just want to say that LILA is a credit to your organization. She is not averse to going the extra mile for your customers. I want to let management know how well she performed in this emergency. Many thanks, LILA. Paul **

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paul of Peoria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Lila! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have shared your review with Lila and she was humbled by your kind words and really honored by the opportunity to advocate on your behalf and secure a sooner service appointment for your air conditioning system. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

When we turned on our air conditioner, it wasn’t working even though we’ve had it serviced twice a year. It was gonna be 100 that day. So thank goodness we had just bought OneGuard home warranty recently. We didn’t buy a warranty years ago because we’ve replaced everything in our home on our own but my sister-in-law told us that OneGuard Home Warranties is fabulous. She told us that every time they needed something, they were there and they replaced it. So we went with them and we will never ever be without a warranty again because when we called them, they came out immediately the next day. It was on a weekend and they sent somebody out on Monday and we had the part in and installed by Thursday. They were amazing.

The only thing that was lacking would be when the serviceman came, he didn’t have a card with him. He just came to the screen door and my husband said that he must be with the repair company. He said, “Yes, I am.” He didn’t have a shirt or a card that identified him. But we really liked the man. My husband said he was a friendly man. He knew exactly what he was doing. The motor had gone out in our AC and they replaced it. He was done in about an hour and he was gone. It was a wonderful transaction.

I talked to Joanne in regard to buying the policy and she was fabulous. She was so clear with what they would cover, what they would do, and how much the premium would be for what we decided we wanted to cover. We would tell the whole world if we could. We’ll never go without a home warranty and OneGuard’s the best. We’re so grateful that we have got them on our radar and they were very easy to work with.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Patricia of Sun City West, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and remarks regarding your outstanding service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors and Joanne! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and your testimony is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We agree! Joanne is an asset to OneGuard and the epitome of customer service, and she really appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for such thoughtful feedback! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: March 22, 2020

I live in an older house and I figured there would be some repair that needed to be done so I had a warranty the first year after I bought the house from the previous owner, but from a different company. I liked the concept that there is someone I can contact that buffers some of the cost of repairs, but I didn’t like the company I had. I had them for a couple of months, and then I was like, “Yeah, it’s over.” And then, it was either a neighbor told me about OneGuard or I looked it up online and it had good reviews.

I try to use OneGuard's app but I usually have problems with it. And every time I did, I called and they would say, “Yeah, it’s down right now.” So, it’s disappointing because the app is very convenient and I can upload photos. Otherwise, I just have to call in. I’m usually with the contractors actively while they’re here. I help explain what’s going on and show where stuff is. I’ve had good experiences.

I could usually find higher quality work if I source it myself, but it would have been more expensive. It’s more of a budget play than it is a quality play with most of the contractors that I get through a home warranty. I’m very happy with the home warranty company and the payouts, but for big repairs, I usually end up taking the payout and going through a contractor myself. But other than that, OneGuard has done a great job. They do everything they can. Given the business model, it’s right for them to try to find low-cost contractors because they can’t just pay out for nothing. I’m very happy I have them. I’ve had them for two years now and given my experience, I’ll continue with them moving forward.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yaniv of Houston, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and offer the peace of mind you deserve. Please know we appreciate your feedback regarding our contractors and the OneGuard portal. We constantly strive for quality and convenient service interactions and we are vigilant in improving upon our online application and contractor base. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

The first year when we purchased the house, we paid for the service, and then after that, we've been paying for it ever since. We didn’t use them the first year, and then we had to use them because the hot water went out. That’s when we finally called upon them, which was about a year ago. I could either submit claims online or call and it was easy doing both. The board in our garage door went out. So, they helped us with that. Also, our hot water heater went out. Those are two only things that we've called them for. But we don’t wanna get rid of the warranty because you never know.

We've called them twice already for the garage. Also, I need to call to find out if our plan covers our leaking soft water unit. So, I wanna get them out. And then, we also have for our irrigation, too, in the back. We'll probably call them for a couple more things, but it's just always good to have them there to know that we don’t have to put a claim against the house. We can always just use OneGuard. The contractors have been good. I've had a good experience, so far.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andrea of Avondale, AZ, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your fantastic customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our top priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs. We truly value your loyal business and look forward to providing you with more positive experiences again soon. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

When I went to an open house, there was a cardboard thing about OneGuard that stated what they covered. It was put on before anyone put any offers. I bought the house and the warranty came as a sales feature. Whenever I make a claim with them, I talk to their representative and everything is great. Most of their contractors have been good too although I had a really bad experience with one of the providers last summer regarding my microwave. Other than that, I had positives experiences.

There are several things wrong with the house. When I had a water heater issue, I got it replaced and that was an awesome experience. OneGuard couldn't replace the gallon that I had - I guess it was a weird amount - so I either had to pay more to get something that was of a bigger capacity than I had or they would have to give me something smaller along with a credit. I ended up going smaller and they actually gave me money back. But I had to pay some of that money back to the people who worked on it because it cost another $130 to fit it to this other size. I still got compensated for the fact that it was not what I had before though and it went well.

I also had issues with the sprinklers and that went well too. I love the contractor Sprinkler Doctors and I would definitely use them again. I also recently got a plumber out for plumbing issue. I cannot say enough about that guy. I asked for his card because I'm moving. But he didn't even need more business. He said he appreciated the thought but he could get enough business from OneGuard. He was happy doing all his business through them.

Although I had one horrible experience with OneGuard about the microwave thing, it is not enough to have me hate them. Overall, I had such a good experience with their customer service rep. They had friendly and professional staff. They were easy to work with and there was a smooth process in resolving issues. I actually chose to buy their coverage when I listed my house and offered that as a selling feature. I'm also buying OneGuard for my new house.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Andria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our wonderful service contractors! We continuously strive to provide top of the line service performed by professionals who are friendly and knowledgeable, and we are absolutely thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the services we offer. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

The customer service provided by Lori ** was awesome. She guided me through every step of the enrollment process and responded timely to all my questions. She explained all aspects of the contract and had it all set up online for me to review and sign up. She helped me understand the differences between One Guard and all the other companies providing warranty programs. She made me feel comfortable choosing One Guard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear James of GIlbert, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing testimony regarding your customer service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Lori! Our top priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. Please know Lori loved the positive feedback, and she enjoyed providing you with her personal assistance. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

OneGuard's customer service is just abysmal. I've now been on hold for over 4 hours total to get a simple a/c repair. They refuse to answer the phone. Here are two screen shots of when I've given up. Fortunately all this wasted time allows me to post these reviews so others don't pay for a policy with them. If you value your time at all, go elsewhere. One over 1hr 15min yesterday and currently one over 1hr 45mins with no answer. It is like this EVERY SINGLE PHONE CALL now. The only reason to have these policies on my rentals is to simplify my life for small repairs. They now make it so difficult that you're better off calling the vendors directly and cancelling the policies.

Further, their vendors cut corners and don't take the time to properly repair the issues. This current a/c repair person says the compressor needs to be replaced. That would be fine except that OneGuard had me pay $1,520 four months ago to replace that same compressor. Yet I can't get anyone on the phone to resolve the issue. Meanwhile my tenant is working from home in 100 degree heat with no a/c nor any repair in sight. It's truly unreal.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kevin of Portland, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Your feedback is extremely important, and we sincerely regret the frustration you experienced regarding your recent service request for the air conditioning system. It is always our constant endeavor to ensure your calls and emails to OneGuard are answered as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience in holding during times of larger than normal call volume. Please know we have confirmed that the compressor for the air conditioning system was installed on August 11, and cooling was restored to the home. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

DO NOT CONTRACT WITH ONE GUARD. These people are scammers. NO STARS NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION! They are shady operators, who hire sub-par contractors, and then refuse to honor the contract that they have written. I have been suffering from last 6 month. In January they said my Heat pump compressor is bad and I have to pay $500 to replace compressor. I paid $69 for visit and every month I pay monthly charge of $55. I paid $500 and Technician who was replacing compressor said the replace compressor will not work properly because it is not compatible.

After almost one month and 5 days the system was not cooling, and I was told that I have to Pay $69 which I paid. Technician mentioned that last tech put more refrigerant and that’s why system was tripping. I have balanced the refrigerant and now it will work fine. Again, after two-month systems stopped cooling and I had to pay $69. This time different tech visited and said the system need more refrigerant and I have put some refrigerant and it will work. In three days, AC started tripping again and I placed recall. The Tech never visited and reported that visit was made, and they closed the call. It was over 110 in the house, so we had to move to my son home. We have now purchased new AC by spending $7500.00.

From Last 15 days I have called 5 times and talked to different people to cancel my contract and stop taking monthly fees. They are saying that we have not received report from their contractor, and we can’t cancel the contract. Do not make the same mistake I made and pay OneGuard's fees every month and when you need help, they will not do anything. Don't buy a policy from One Guard, and don't ever let technicians from Horizon come out to your house, either.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Subhash of Glendale, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand to ensure accuracy. Customer satisfaction remains at the forefront of our priorities, and we regret your displeasure regarding the outcome of your past and recent service requests for the air conditioning system. In your situation, a service contractor recently completed a thorough inspection of the system and was unable to identify a mechanical breakdown. Please note in accordance with the terms of the warranty agreement OneGuard will repair or replace when breakdowns affect the mechanical operation of a covered system or appliance. Please know it is always our intent to operate in good faith and according to the terms of the service contract, and we thank you again for your consideration and understanding with respect to coverage. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Larry ** from OneGuard Home Warranties was able to get us a great renewal rate. I was actually thinking of not renewing this year due to the price and after working with Larry I changed my mind and renewed. He was very helpful and followed up with emails. We have had One Guard for 8 years and have been very happy with their response and the contractors that they use.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gaye of Surprise, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive feedback regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Larry! Our top priority is to provide comprehensive coverage, competitive prices, and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we are thrilled to hear that this has been your experience. Please know we have also shared your feedback with Larry, and you really made his day. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued loyalty over the last 9 years and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: July 31, 2020

We just renewed our home warranty with One Guard. Fred ** was great to work with on the renewal. He answered our questions and we received a great rate. I would highly recommend this company. We have received excellent service this past year. We needed to have the garage door and our water heater repaired. The repairs were done right away and the service providers were great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sonya of Mesa, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, Fred, and our great service providers! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and also provide you with the peace of mind that you deserve. Please know Fred enjoyed speaking with you and he loved the positive recognition! On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
    Kitchen appliances$2,500
    Ductwork$500
    Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
    Permits and code upgrades$250
    Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
    Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
    2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
    3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information