Call toll free
4.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

02/14/2019

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

03/09/2019

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. They’ve been really easy to use. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

432 OneGuard Home Warranties Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My real estate agent set me up with OneGuard Home Warranties. When you first get a home warranty, some companies will offer you roof coverage but they unfortunately didn't and I didn't realize. Because of that, I wasn't happy in the beginning. But now I keep them and I recommend this to my clients. I'm an insurance agent and OneGuard has a better customer service than the other company we're supposed to promote. Also, I like it because they offer window cleaning and things other than just the standard taking care of appliances and systems.

Submitting claims with them has also been easy. I prefer to call in but their online site and app are easy and self-explanatory. Once, I filed a claim for my refrigerator. That happened over the weekend and OneGuard doesn't do anything over the weekend so they got the order on Monday. However, they couldn't send somebody out that day. A repair company came out by Wednesday, but they couldn't fix the unit and OneGuard had to send somebody else out. Another company then came out the day after the next day. It was ridiculous. OneGuard even told me that I could rent a refrigerator. I'm a single person, how am I gonna go and get that refrigerator? I have to pay for delivery and everything.

If OneGuard set that up for me and took care of that, I think it would have been a much more pleasurable compared to me going and having to find out how much it would cost and whatever. I didn’t have time to take off work to wait for that among the times that I waited for the people to come over, which were half a day. When you don’t have a refrigerator for several days, it gets very annoying and I'm a single person. I can't imagine what that would be like if I had children. I didn't have a lot of food, but I had to throw out what I had.

I wasn't satisfied with that experience, but it was one bad compared to all the other good claims I've had. My first claim was for a water issue. OneGuard sent out Pruitt, which was a name that I have already heard, so I was pleased that they sent out a reputable company. I've also had them have my hot water tank fixed twice, as well as my garage door and they were good experiences. I even referred the garage door guy to my neighbor. They used him and they were also pleased. I've also used their lawn and electrical service and those were great experiences as well. I would recommend OneGuard Home Warranties.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lindsay, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last four years! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. We are also grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience for the refrigerator and appreciated your patience as we worked to achieve final resolution. Your feedback helps us improve the service we provide to our valued homeowners. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I've been with OneGuard Home Warranties for five years now and I'm happy with them. It has been very easy to submit a claim and now that I'm living in the house rather than the rental, it's been easier. I had a rental management company before and sometimes they get all confused when paying the bill. One time, OneGuard told me I owed, but I didn't think I did because I thought the management company was managing that. But then I think they screwed up and I had to trust OneGuard and pay what I thought was paid. Since I moved down here, I've had a couple of claims and I have not had any problems. I just call OneGuard up, give them my information, they would write a report, tell me they'd refer, I pay with my credit card knowing that I owed a service fee, and we go on with business.

I live in Arizona now and homes here have some really bad water issues. I needed to kind of take care of some of those issues. The plumbing company that OneGuard referred to me was top-notch. They were very fair, quick, and efficient. I trusted them. I even got to the point where if I had to go to a doctor's appointment or something, I just leave the key, and they come in and do the thing and leave. The guy who has been here a lot was very good in explaining what was going in, what was normal and what was not, and what I can expect. We're also on first-name basis.

Also, once, I wanted to have all the dust on my furnace vent cleaned out. I called in and they said that it wasn’t covered, which I didn’t think it was. I asked if they had someone in mind I could call since I'm new to the area and they sent me a recommendation to someone who does things. When I called her, she only did clean dryer vents, which I could appreciate, but then she gave me a name of someone as well. So, everyone was really helpful. However, I wish OneGuard would accommodate my oldness. I wish that they would send me a bill, but I have to do it the modern way over the phone. I've gotten used to that, but I don't like it. But then I trust OneGuard enough that I feel okay with that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kenda, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Making it easy to request service, and prompt and accurate resolution with friendly service professionals, is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely grateful for such positive feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

When we were choosing a home warranty, the realtor handed us flyers on several and said they didn’t endorse any of them. I researched the ones we had on the flyers, and then we searched home warranty companies. OneGuard seemed to get good reviews overall, so we went with them. Their pricing is competitive, and they seemed middle-of-the-road in terms of price and what they offered. The employees are fantastic too and in terms of communication, reachability, and accessibility, they’re great. They do what they’re supposed to do, and they’re responsive. You call them, they start a claim, and then they start a process. They email you right after you get off the phone so that you have the details available to you, which is fantastic.

OneGuard does the best they can with the vendors they get, but we did not have a very good experience with about half of them. We live in a suburb outside of Austin, and the contractors that were available to us weren’t who we would've ever hired had we been able to pick. One person never showed after weeks of trying. OneGuard tried to get a hold of them, but they never responded, so we were refunded our money immediately. We had another vendor and we ended up taking the whole situation over and doing it out of pocket. We would've picked different people who we communicated better with or that were able to come quicker because sometimes the process took a long time.

There’s a lot of back and forth, and that’s the nature of all warranty companies, but there were certain things we would've rather worked with different people or had things done quicker. Getting vendors is a toss-up. There are also those that respond and those that were awesome. The pest control company they sent were great, and the guys that changed the keys were awesome. I would recommend OneGuard and that somebody get the more extended plan than we got. There were some limitations that I wish we had gone the extra mile and added some other options on our warranty plan, but that was our choice. OneGuard is a great company to work with and they’re reliable.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Candice, Thank you so much for the positive review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. It is our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs, and we appreciate the opportunity. Thank you also for providing important and beneficial feedback. Please know we take your comments seriously as they help us in our constant pursuit to provide effective communication and the best customer service to properly route every claim process. We also appreciate your understanding of how coverage works. Please note that we allow our customers the opportunity to customize their plans according to their specific service needs. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to offer our personal assistance and answer your questions. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

When I first bought my house, the seller included a one-year warranty for free from Allied Home Warranty. During that year, a small little thing happened with my air conditioner that got taken care of. I just kept it mainly for the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong with my appliances, my water heater, plumbing or the different things that it covers, I would be covered and I would only have to pay a $60 fee versus having to pay for the full amount. Eventually, OneGuard took over and I was sent a letter saying that OneGuard would be my provider going forward.

OneGuard's website is easier to navigate. It's more user-friendly and I like the information that I get when I log in. I can see the previous claims and what were done with it. I also like OneGuard's process better than Allied. It's easier to process a claim and the communication I've gotten in regards to the service request was better. With the seven claims in the whole six years that I've had a warranty with Allied, it happened very often where they didn't have a service provider in my area. So, they would authorize self-service where I could pick my own company. The problem with self-service is you have to pay for the entire thing upfront and you have to wait about eight weeks to get reimbursed. And that's one thing I did not like with Allied.

So far, I've only had one claim with OneGuard and my interaction with their rep was nice and smooth. The rep was very professional and very friendly. Luckily, they had a contractor for my air conditioning issue. It was completely out and the technician went out there quickly, fixed it the first time and got me back up and running again. He did a great job. The air conditioning has been working perfectly since then. I was very happy with the technician and I hope that if anything happens again, they'd be the company that would go out there to fix it. Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Angel, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help and love the feedback. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We bought the house a couple of months ago and the real estate agent knew about five warranty companies. She said that she did not wanna go on the line to recommend one over the other but that she didn't know of anybody that had a problem with OneGuard and that her customers had the best experience with OneGuard over others. So we signed up with them.

With the first little go-around we had with OneGuard, we had a thermostat issue and we didn't realize we were going to pay a $70 service fee to have it fixed. Then three weeks later, the air conditioner messed up again and we had to pay another $70. But it turned out that the real problem was the air conditioning unit was going out. So I called OneGuard the second time and their reps were typing my claim in to Grace Air to come fix it as we were having our conversation and me giving them my credit card. And by the time I got off the phone reporting, I had Grace Air calling me and saying they had a service technician in the area. So we had a technician there in 40 minutes.

The next day, by noon, we had a new 5 Ton air conditioning unit and it cost me $1,000. I'm not sure what that was for but I was certainly happy to have a brand new $4,500 air conditioning unit sitting there. I was gonna have to pay $950 to Grace Air to reposition the unit on a new pad but we just put it right back where it was. The property line is so close to our retaining wall that there is nothing else you can do but put air conditioning unit right back where it was. That the air conditioner works great now and we're totally pleased with how Grace Air bent over backwards to get a unit in quickly for us, knowing how hot it is in Texas at this time. It was 103 outside when that happened and it was over the Labor Day weekend when we had guests coming in, but they had us cooled off by the afternoon.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dennis, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your recent service experience for the air conditioning system! Please know it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and opportunity to help. Please note the out of pocket expense was for items not covered by the contract which included code modifications and a new foundation for the unit. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: June 14, 2019

We moved into our house 2 days ago and decided to do our first load of laundry and that same night all the water came back up through our master bath shower and flooded our bathroom and it went into the bedroom. We called One Guard and had some issues to start out with but Brittany ** who is apart of Dave **'s team really stepped up and changed our whole experience around. She was extremely helpful and went out of her way to make sure we were taking care of and satisfied. Their department is amazing and we truly appreciate them rectifying the situation and give us peace of mind.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

OneGuard Home Warranty sucks as far as I can tell. Last year, we had to pay two separate $69 service fees, and set three different appts to get our AC fixed. This year, the motor on our AC condenser died - another $69 service fee. OneGuard denied the claim to pay for a new one, because the "unit was dirty". As with most AC units, it is outside, and we can't exactly keep it in pristine condition. We contacted OneGuard via their chat, and after 30 minutes still no response.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tiffany, We would like to review your situation firsthand. However, we cannot locate a OneGuard home warranty under the name provided. May we please ask you to provide the name, address, or policy number you are referencing? Thank you for your consideration. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: June 10, 2019

I spoke with a Joanne ** customer service and she was awesome. I told her the issue and she opened a work order. Once that was done we talked for a few minutes and had a few laughs. She told me if I have other issues to call and ask for her. You have an excellent CS person there. You need to keep her. Thanks Joanne. Joe **.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Joe, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and the awesome Joanne! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we have shared your rave review with Joanne and she appreciates your kind words and having the opportunity to personally assist you. On behalf of Joanne and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: June 10, 2019

Extremely efficient process. Our representative (Christopher **) was extremely professional and very patient in going through the coverage options available for our home. After some clarifying questions and discussion, and based on Christopher’s professional interaction we decided to go with OneGuard Home Warranty. Good opening experience with this company, and the A+ BBB rating is a positive sign of future success.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dan, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and incredible testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Christopher! We continuously strive to provide the very best customer experience and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity. We agree! Christopher is extremely professional and he enjoyed speaking with you. On behalf of Christopher and the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your business, and look forward to serving you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: June 10, 2019

Our KitchenAid range hood fan stopped working, and, of course, there weren't parts available. OneGuard replaced it with the current model which was around $1100. I was fully expecting a cheapo replacement, but was pleasantly surprised. The process took a while due to Spencers being out of stock, but all's good. Tina ** was really on the ball in expediting the process.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ross, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Tina! Providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations is our top priority, and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know Tina appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and your kind words really made her day. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

On May 17, 2019, I submitted a claim regarding my pool (losing water due to what apparently is a valve malfunction). A few days later a technician from Pro Comfort Services went to my home while we were not there (he stated that it was not necessary for us to be there) and apparently made an assessment. Since then we never heard back from the technician and/or from OneGuard. I have called several times and left messages with Pro Comfort Services.

Until today June 7th I haven’t got a response and the pool problem still is not resolved. Due to the subpar service provided by this company. I’m appalled by OneGuard’s attitude regarding my case. Not follow up regarding my claim. I talked to a representative on June 5 and she told me that she will look into this and will get back with me. She didn’t. I still have to refill my pool on a daily basis and the water bill has almost doubled since the problem started. Unfortunately, this is not the first time OneGuard drops the ball...

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Eduardo, We are so sorry for the delay and poor service experience, and thankful that you have brought this to our attention. Please be assured we contacted the contractor right away to ensure your situation gets resolved as quickly as possible moving forward. We have also left a voice message for you with our contact information and will continue to follow this through completion. Thank you again for the opportunity. Please know we sincerely hope to restore your faith in OneGuard and the great service we offer. OneGuard Home Warranties

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

You might think that getting a toilet fixed that will not stop running would be a fairly simple task for a qualified plumber. Well, it probably would be, if you could choose your own plumber, but that is apparently not the case if OneGuard does so. On May 17th, I put in a work order for toilet repair. Today, May 29, OneGuard notified me that they will not authorize any further work on the toilet, which is still completely non-functional. Not only non-functional, but I was forced to completely turn off the water to the entire property to prevent the running toilet from leaking and flooding the house. (Yes, I have tried turning off the angle valve and the water main to the house, but unfortunately neither of these actions completely stopped the water flow.) So now the water is turned off at curbside. No water, no drinking, no washing, no showering, no irrigation. How could this happen?

Well, there is a "banjo shelf" above the toilet tank, which does not leave enough space between it and the tank lid for a plumber to easily replace the fill valve. OneGuard's preferred plumbing contractor told me I should have that shelf, which is one piece with the countertop for the entire sink area, cut out, in order to provide easy access to the tank. He promised me he would return once I had provided access, and replace the fill valve at no additional fee. (Potential buyers, beware! The home warranty companies will gladly take your premiums, and then amaze you with how many repair items are NOT covered because of alleged "access issues".) Well, I started talking with people who have identical bathroom shelving, and with a number of other plumbing repair services, all of whom--without exception--told me that cutting out the shelf was a ludicrous suggestion.

All that was necessary to create access was to unscrew two screws at the bottom of the tank and tilt it forward, providing the necessary space for replacement of the fill valve. Admittedly, the "plumber" sent by OneGuard had offered as a second possibility to do precisely that, but notified me that it would cost an additional $120.00 (on top of the $69 service fee I had already paid). Well, I may have looked like a helpless single elderly woman, but I do have half a brain, and--despite having NO training or craftsmanship skills--managed in about three minutes to detach those two screws and tilt the toilet forward, creating ample space for the plumber to return and finish the job of replacing the fill valve.

One could be forgiven for thinking that the plumber would comply with his promise, return and replace the fill valve. But wait! He can't do that without authorization from OneGuard. And guess what! OneGuard is refusing to authorize completion of the repair. With what justification? I (evil, 59-year-old single lady) had "tampered" with the toilet system. I kid you not. What have I learned? Well, for starters, I now understand how toilets work. It is not rocket science. In all likelihood, should OneGuard remain intransigent in refusing service, I will go out and purchase a new fill valve (already took advantage of my newly acquired knowledge to replace the flapper and the rubber gasket connecting the tank to the outflow pipe) and complete the project myself. What else have I learned? Well, I originally thought that I'd purchased a home warranty in order to have such failures, should they occur, repaired by authorized professionals. Think again.

Furthermore, I pay over $725 in annual premiums, have paid an additional $69 for servicing this toilet, and now, on top of that, I am going to do the repair and purchase all necessary materials myself. Not to mention that I have spent at least eight hours of my time on the telephone with OneGuard and their plumbing contractor. This is how OneGuard advertises its services: "We’re the one place you can turn to for your major home care needs. Breakdowns, repairs, and maintenance, our home care solution covers a wide range of household problems. Don’t waste anymore time comparing companies and prices or reading through customer reviews to find a qualified or licensed contractor, we’ll take it from here. We’ll work hard to help you keep your home in the best condition, so you can enjoy more free time with friends and family."

Sounds nice, but if that is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. It's manifestly not a description of what I have experienced over the past 12 days. You can obviously draw your own conclusions, but this is one customer who will not be renewing her contract with OneGuard at renewal time. Addendum: Just completed a one-hour chat with OneGuard. They are still refusing to authorize completion of the repair and insisting that cutting the shelf is the preferred solution. To be fair, they are refunding the home service fee. Apparently they do not think that refunding my warranty premium should be discussed. To which I can only say: Buyer, beware.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Karen, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know it is always our sincerest intent to act in good faith in our efforts to serve you and within the parameters of the OneGuard contract, and we sincerely regret your dissatisfaction. Please note in accordance with the terms of the service agreement, access is not covered and upon assessing the toilet, the service technician advised the shelf above the toilet needed to be moved to create access. Therefore, he offered to remove and replace the shelf for a fee. You decided to arrange the removal of the shelf and have the contractor return to further assess and complete repairs. However, you did not remove the shelf and attempted to tip the toilet tank forward for access, which resulted in the bowl kit and angle stop to break, and a leak that could not be shut off at the toilet. OneGuard representatives have spoken with you directly in an effort to offer assistance and explain why the service request is not approved by OneGuard, advising consequential damage as a result of moving the tank is not covered. We also followed up with service contractor to ensure accuracy, who advised they have spoken with you as well. Lastly, we have processed a check for repairs that were in progress prior to the incident. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide you with this information, and apologize for the outcome. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 24, 2019

I was very impressed by Tricia ** customer service as she went above and beyond to take care of my service request. I have a leak in my bathroom for which I first inquired from her via Chat. She provided all the info and then called me to make sure we spoke given the urgency. She then found a plumber who would visit our house the next day due to Memorial Day weekend coming up and kept me updated during the process. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Asif

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Asif, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing feedback regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Tricia! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know Tricia appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and your kind words really made her day. On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business over the last 11 years, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 22, 2019

I’m a realtor and I’ve had OneGuard on my house for 10 years now. I like selling them because they've been good to me over the years. It gives me options. If I don’t want the same thing being fixed, sometimes I get a buyout and I buy brand-new, which is better for OneGuard and for me. It’s probably not the most logical thing to do, but it makes sense. I have replaced just about everything in my house over the last 20 years, so I’ve used them on everything. I love that they offer servicing air conditioners. To me, that’s brilliant because that reminds me that it needs to be done and that’s why my air conditioner has lasted 20 years. When I call in, they know I’m a realtor so they’re super nice to me. They’d send me a confirmation email and who’s gonna call me, and the vendor usually calls me within a couple of hours and I’d set it up.

What I like about OneGuard is that you can get carpet cleaning. I like being able to call them instead of me having to find a plumber. That’s how I sell them to my clients. I also like that they request feedback on their vendors, which is really important because there are some vendors that I won’t use ‘cause all they do is try to upsell you. Recently, my pool pump went out again. The negative thing about it is that they just keep on replacing it with old, refurbished ones that last a year, so I’m doing that year after year. I bought a variable speed pump, which everything has to move over to within the next few years anyway, even though it cost me a couple of thousand dollars. Unfortunately, my buyout on that was only a couple of hundred, which was really sad. In the long run, I have to drop my pool coverage so it’s not good for them. There’s a little bit of a lag in foresight with them, and it’s starting to bother me a little bit. Nonetheless, I really like them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jaime, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 10 years! Our top priority is to deliver best-in-class customer service while providing the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We also appreciate your understanding with respect to pool coverage and appreciate the opportunity to continue to provide you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had the opportunity to call OneGuard and I spoke with Ms. Jeanette **. She was very helpful in resolving a potential problem. She was courteous and took the time to get things cleared up while I was on the telephone with her. She would ask to put me on hold and the within a few minutes she had resolved my problems and was able to let me know while I was on the telephone --all the while she took her time and was both helpful and courteous. She is the type of person I would want representing my company for sure!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Phillips, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Jeanette! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We agree! Jeanette is a keeper, and truly appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and is humbled by your kind words. On behalf of Jeanette and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 17, 2019

I've been with OneGuard for at least three years and I've been happy with them. I've heard a couple of not so good stories of a couple other companies and OneGuard always seemed to be pretty good. I have recommended them a couple of times to friends who were buying houses. I'm paying about 800 bucks a year but I seem to get my money back 'cause small things happen. I've got a house that is almost 20 years old with some original air conditioning stuff in.

Submitting a claim has been real good. There has been not a lot of back and forth. I request service and they send somebody out pretty quickly. One of the service providers wasn’t very good, but the rest of them seemed to be competent and did a decent job. There was a sprinkler issue and one zone wasn’t working. The person said that we needed to find a valve that's in the ground. I told him I didn't know where they were. He said they could help find them, but it'd cost $150 per hour until they find them. Come to find out, there was nothing wrong with any of those valves and that we didn’t even need to find that. I personally changed out the controller head, the box in the garage cause it was original as well. I updated that and that zone works fine now. I don't know what he checked or tried to check or didn’t check, but I paid for a service call and got nothing out of it. They didn’t seem to wanna try to find the solution.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Scott, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 3 years! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you also for providing important feedback regarding the sprinkler issue. Please know we are available 24/7, 365 days a year at 888.896.0014, and happy to offer our personal assistance with any of your service requests. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and recommendations, and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 16, 2019

OneGuard gives good service. When I submit a claim, they email me in a timely manner letting me know which repair company they are going to send. They used to send one company but for whatever reason, they parted ways. That was a good company but the one I have now is also good. Also, there was one particular elderly gentleman that was very informative, apart from just repairing.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear E., Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are dependable and prompt, is exactly what we strive to do, and it makes us extremely happy to know this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business over the last 5 years and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 14, 2019

The people who referred OneGuard to me had mentioned that the benefit of working with the people at OneGuard was they provide good service. Submitting a claim with them has been easy and I had seamless interactions with the claims representatives. I told them what the situation was and they got on it. Also, the contractor was excellent.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Richard, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. It makes us extremely happy to know how satisfied you have been with your home warranty over the last 6 years and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 13, 2019

Reported A/C problem on 04/23/2019. A/C finally fixed on 05/13/2019. Called multiple times and got different stories every time from OneGuard. This part had to be order from the manufacturer and programmed to our system. We told them from the beginning this had to be ordered only from Trane. OneGuard told us they could find the part elsewhere cheaper. Guess what? Two weeks later they discovered they could only order the part from Trane. Finally today, May 13th, we have A/C. THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CONTRACTOR BUT THE FAULT OF ONEGUARD! This was not a pleasant experience from OneGuard considering I called almost daily informing them we had an elderly sick father in our home.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Robert, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard Home Warranties the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely regret the frustration you and your family experienced, and extreme timeframe involved to complete the air conditioning repairs. Your feedback is invaluable and helps us improve the service we provide. Please be assured we have followed up with the service contractor to ensure repairs have been successfully completed. We have also left a voice message for you in an effort to speak with you directly regarding your experience, and it is our sincerest hope to gain your confidence in OneGuard and the great service we offer. Thank you again for the opportunity to provide you with this information. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 13, 2019

The contractors work well, but one time they showed up and said they didn't cover the issue, but charged me the service fee. Still, I'm in my second year and service has been pretty good. Plus, their website is easy to navigate and submitting claims online has been pretty easy.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear J., Thank you so much for the 4 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We appreciate your understanding with respect to coverage and are extremely happy to know that you have found value in the services you have received and ease in using the OneGuard customer portal. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 11, 2019

So far, my experience with OneGuard has been very positive. I've had several home warranties in the past and OneGuard is substantially better. The other guys did everything they could to make things difficult. OneGuard had sent excellent contractors. They were really quality people, and they did a great job. Also, the people at OneGuard answering the telephone are really sharp and very helpful.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jim, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such positive testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing service that exceeds your expectations, with friendly professionals that are knowledgeable and efficient, is exactly what we seek to do and we are thrilled that this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 10, 2019

Michelle was clear, concise and knowledgeable throughout our call. She reached out to me to see if I was ready to renew my home warranty. She got me the exact coverage and the right price in only a few minutes. Kudos Michelle!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your wonderful service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Michelle! OneGuard strives to provide comprehensive coverage, competitive prices, and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we are thrilled to hear this has been your experience. Explaining your coverage options and ensuring a seamless contract renewal was extremely important to Michelle and she appreciated the opportunity to offer her personal assistance to you. On behalf of Michelle and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We sincerely value your continued business and look forward to serving you for years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 10, 2019

Whenever I put something online on OneGuard, I hear back quickly and everyone that they've sent out has been wonderful. They have shown up when they said they were going to and been really personable. They have been quick to the point and I didn't feel like I was trying to be upsold or anything. They just went out and fixed the problem. We did routine AC service then something on our garage door broke, so they had to come out for that. We've also done carpet cleaning and stuff through OneGuard and the quality of their work was really good.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Erin, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review regarding your service experiences! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and it is our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. It makes us extremely happy to know that you have found peace of mind and value in the services you have received, and we really love the positive feedback. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 9, 2019

Tricia ** handled my request to have the thermostat looked at. She was extremely polite and had the service order done immediately. Thank you. I will be renewing my contract with them. Speedy, polite, good service people.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such amazing testimony regarding your service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors and Tricia! We continuously strive to provide the very best customer experience and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we are thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the service you have received. Please know we have also shared your rave review with Tricia and your positive feedback really made her day. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 9, 2019

I just wanted to compliment the fine & courteous service that I received from Brandi **, the representative who assisted me in requesting service. She was very professional, courteous, knowledgeable in the areas I needed assistance with. I would also like to thank to OneGuard Home Warranty for providing a great service. I'm an elderly man who lives alone and OneGuard & their staff are a Godsend. Thank you.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jose, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and amazing testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and Brandi! Our top priority is customer satisfaction, from the initial call for service, to the completed repair and providing prompt resolution and the peace of mind you deserve is exactly what we strive to do. Please know Brandi appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance, and your kind words really made her day. On behalf of Brandi and the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 8, 2019

My AC unit failed right before summer. After the initial inspection, Derion ** stepped in to make sure everything was moving forward so my family will have AC in time for this summer. Thank you OneGuard and thank you Derion for stepping up when I needed the assistance.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear R., Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Derion! It is our sincerest intent to provide quick resolution and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we are overjoyed to hear this has been your experience. We agree! Derion is a go-getter and he truly appreciated the opportunity to go the extra mile on your behalf, and was humbled by your commendation. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 4, 2019

She really cared! Customer Care Representative, Adriana ** was phenomenal. The difference between a good company and a great company, is it's the employees. Adriana truly made that difference. Our refrigerator gave us sooo many issues, but Adriana was phenomenal the entire time. She totally eased the pain with her professionalism, kindness and knowledge of home warranties. Kudos to you Adriana! Sincerely, Aurora

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Aurora, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and amazing remarks regarding your recent service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Adriana! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and your testimony is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. Please know your situation was extremely important to Adriana and she appreciated the opportunity to go the extra mile for you and absolutely loved the positive feedback. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 4, 2019

The people at OneGuard have been very courteous and nice. I filed a claim for the pool and I had to call the people back. The vendor wasn’t that happy about it. I called them first and they gave me a bad time. They told me not to call them and to call OneGuard. So I did and once OneGuard told them to get over here and get it corrected, they came over. OneGuard got it taken care of. I had two different people come up and the first was a very nice young man. The second guy who came out, and maybe it was because he had to come out again, was a little condescending.

But it was such a simple situation. I can't tell if the unit is working yet or not though. They had changed the timing on this thing so I can’t tell on the aquaphone if it’s right or wrong. He changed the time slot. It used to come on at one time and shut off at another time. But now, it comes on at another time and shuts off at another time. Nonetheless, I’m satisfied with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jim, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We are also grateful for the important feedback you provided regarding your experience for the in-ground pool and spa equipment and appreciated your patience as we worked to achieve positive resolution on your behalf. Please know OneGuard phone representatives are available 24/7, 365 days a year, and we are always happy to provide our personal assistance with any questions you may have. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 30, 2019

We moved into our 30-year old beautiful home 2 years ago and contracted with OneGuard on the recommendation of our realtor. We have NEVER been sorry! OneGuard has sent the finest contractors to our home for HVAC issues, washer/dryer, refrigerator, disposal, electrical, re-keying, ceiling fan replacement, lighting, plumbing, garage door and dishwasher repairs. It has paid for itself several times over, and we're renewing again!

All the contractors have been personable, professional, and fortunately for us, dog lovers. Each has gone above and beyond the contracted service requested. Francisco in Sales and Faith in Service have been stellar, explaining every step, option and coverage. Never any surprises, and great communication! I can't recommend them highly enough! They even remember the names of our mastiffs who remember them and greet them (maybe a little too warmly) on arrival. Kudos to all! Thank you, OneGuard! You are SO worth it!

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary, Wow! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and outstanding testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, Francisco, Faith and our fantastic service contractors! We continuously strive to provide the very best customer experience and a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and we are thrilled that you have found peace of mind and value in the service you have received. Please know we have shared your rave review with Francisco and Faith and they were humbled by your kind words and honored by the opportunity to provide their personal assistance to you. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you for many years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 30, 2019

While I've used OneGuard since we bought our house in 2015, their annual price has increased, and we can no longer afford their prices. Overall, the company was quick to respond to my service calls, and the companies they use are legit. My other downfall with them is this, if something happens on a Friday, you have to wait till Monday afternoon to get a callback. Our A/C went out in summer on a Friday, with 2 young kids, and we had to use fans to help get us through the weekend. Otherwise, great company, just pricey.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Chad, Thank you so much for the 4 star review and such positive testimony regarding your wonderful service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing service that exceeds your expectations, with friendly service professionals that are reliable and efficient, is exactly what we seek to do. OneGuard strives to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry while keeping the premium cost competitive. Please know that we offer a monthly payment option should you choose to come back to OneGuard. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your past business and hope to serve you again in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
Kitchen appliances$2,500
Ductwork$500
Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
Permits and code upgrades$250
Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
  2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
  3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information