2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.20/5
Get a Quote

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

BOTTOM LINE

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

PROS

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

CONS

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Top OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

You don't want to be without an A/C in summer in Texas. OneGuard took care of me and followed up to make sure my repairs was done. I just went online today to see if I could get a maintenance/tune up [they helped me via chat] to set up an appointment easily with no need for me to call in.

Recently my hot water heater went out […] A guy came out and looked at it. 48 hours later, I had a new hot water heater. I plan on continuing with OneGuard. In both times we submitted a claim, they got somebody out fast and got the problem taken care of with minimal effort on our side.

OneGuard Home Warranties Learn More Get a Quote

OneGuard Home Warranties plans

OneGuard Home Warranties serve home buyers, existing homeowners and home sellers in Arizona, Texas and Nevada with home protection plans, helping them fix major household systems and appliances that breakdown. They also offer home maintenance services not typically covered by other companies, such as HVAC tune-ups, carpet cleaning, pest control, weed kill treatment and landscaping.

OneGuard offers homeowners three plan to choose from to fit their needs and budgets:

• ApplianceGuard: This plan covers nine home appliances, like refrigerators, washers and dryers, and nine special services, including carpet cleaning and pest control. No systems are covered in this plan.
  • SystemGuard: This plan covers 13 home systems and similar special services and optional coverages included in the ApplianceGuard plan. No appliances are covered in this plan.
  • HomeGuard: This plan covers both major household appliances and home systems and includes all items covered under the ApplianceGuard and SystemGuard plans. Additional services are available under this plan, including HVAC and garage door tune-up services. More add-on options and upgrade coverage are also available as part of the HomeGuard plan.

OneGuard Home Warranties cost

OneGuard home warranty costs vary among the three states covered, but overall, their monthly service prices are very affordable and come in lower than the industry average. OneGuard’s service call fee is set at $69 across all plans, which is also on the lower end compared to the industry average, which ranges from $60–$125. Here are the starting prices of the company’s home warranty plans:

PlanArizonaNevadaTexas
ApplianceGuard$ 29/month$ 25/month$ 30/month
SystemGuard$ 38/month$ 34/month$ 44/month
HomeGuard$ 50/month$ 50/month$ 56/month
* Pricing may vary. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your home.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage

OneGuard provides ample coverage for both appliances and systems. They also provide services less common to the home warranty industry, like carpet cleaning, lawn care and pest control. These services are included in all three of their standard plans, which is a huge advantage in OneGuard’s favor. Preventative features like termite treatment and system tune-ups can save homeowners money in the long run.

The company’s largest coverage plan is the HomeGuard plan, which covers the following:

• Built-in microwave
  • Preferred upgrade coverage
  • Water heater
  • HVAC tune-ups
  • Carpet cleaning
  • Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
  • Dryer vent cleaning
  • Free security system
  • Garage door tune-ups
  • Lawn fertilization
  • Lawn pre-emergent weed control
  • Lawn weed kill treatment
  • Pest control system
  • Re-key and garage remote re-program
  • Security alarm coverage
  • Termite treatment
  • Utility connection services
  • Window cleaning

OneGuard offers optional add-on coverage for additional appliances, like a second refrigerator unit, and other items like pools and spas, guest houses, septic systems, sprinkler systems, water softeners and well pumps. A full list of optional coverage is available on OneGuard’s website.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had fantastic support from OneGuard since day one. I have their contract in two different houses-- the one I live and a rental property. I never had any issue with them over the years, except during the summer with covid. The quality went down significantly. It was not filing a claim and getting someone to the house, but the level of the people showing up to the house was really poor. On the one issue that I had during that summer that they were unable to resolve, we had to escalate that. Whenever we escalated, it was a bit painful but we got to a good resolution for both sides.

When I was having difficulty with OneGuard, I signed up with another company but my experience with that other company was horrible so I quickly cancelled and went back to OneGuard. The level of support from the other company, especially with me being a new client, was a lot worse than the issues I was having with OneGuard. So OneGuard is definitely way ahead of their competition. They are a much better service than their competitors for sure. More recently, I can clearly see that they went back to the initial quality, so I'm quite happy with them so far.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Simao of Houston, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star rating and open commentary regarding your service experiences. Our number one priority is your satisfaction and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we also value the important feedback you provided. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and offers great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

My son and his husband live in Phoenix and they have OneGuard. They always had wonderful results. I knew by them that OneGuard stood behind what they said they would do. Thru their recommendation, I decided that’s who I’d go with. They've always been very good. I give them a call and tell them what my problem is. I always had good results on who they use here in Las Vegas. All of them have been good.

On the last claim I had, the guy got here and the washing machine worked after he got here. The filter had stuck on it and I tried getting all of that. However, instead of giving you a four-hour time frame, their time frame was from 10 o'clock in the morning to 5 o'clock in the afternoon which is too long. You’d have to sit around and wait.

I live in a condo and I had a water leak coming in from the outside into the wall which was my responsibility. Luckily, the HOA had dug a hole outside to make sure it wasn’t their leak. But I had to pay extra because the company charged me $80 to cut a hole out to get into the wall which took about a minute and a half. They would not fix it without extra charge. They said they didn’t fix that but they covered the hole back up. The home warranty wouldn't cover any of that but I can't complain because they saved me $500 twice now. I’m very happy with them and any chance I get, I would recommend. When the lady that lives next door to me and the president of the HOA found out that I had home warranty, they asked me for the name.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gale of Las Vegas, Thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and thoughtful testimony regarding your overall service experiences! Your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs remains at the forefront of our priorities and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you have received. We also appreciate your understanding with respect to coverage and the warranty process. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and recommendations and look forward to serving you for years to come. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I put in a claim with OneGuard on September 25th to fix a shower valve, so the temperature would be controlled. And it's still not completed almost a month later. It took five plumber visits to the house already. During that time, they tried to use a wrench to undo the valve, and that they said it was too tight, couldn't do it. Then they came back and put some chemicals on it to see if it was just corrosion. That didn't work. Then they came back out and tried to wrench it again, it didn’t work. Then they asked the home warranty company to pay to replace the whole valve, which means if they have to cut the copper tubing and just put in a new valve. Then that's taken a couple of weeks. That's where I'm at still. Still, nothing's happened.

I called and I waited on the line on hold for an hour and 10 minutes, and then I finally got someone who put me on hold for another 20 minutes to tell me that they're gonna call the plumbing company back. So then, they called the plumbing company. I talked to the plumber again. Then I had to call back again ‘cause no one set up an appointment to do anything, and they didn't approve the bill of repairing it yet. Then they have agreed to pay the bill.

I have had a prior claim. It was a refrigerator, something that took about two and a half weeks to repair. It was just a simple electrical board from a SubZero refrigerator. For whatever reason, they didn't wanna pay for the bigger items first. So, they tried at least these little fixes that didn't work. Then eventually, they realized they needed to replace the item that they knew needed to be replaced. This is my fourth different home warranty company and they're all very similar to this process. If you can tolerate getting four to six weeks to repair an item, then they're worth it. But if not, they're not really worth it.

Original review: June 12, 2020

One Guard quickly arranged an air conditioner repair for us when ours stopped working Thursday afternoon, 6/11/20. My confirmation number is 1929121. The company contact was Pro Solutions Air Conditioning. They did reach out on Friday morning to schedule service. The guy told me they could be here on Monday, 6/15/20. I told him I couldn't wait that long, I have two dogs to think about as well as my wife. Plus, today will be 110 degrees, and the rest of the weekend too. So he said he could come tomorrow if I paid him $89.00. I told him to forget it.

I called back to One Guard and got your customer service rep, "LILA." She was a breath of fresh air. She was very sympathetic toward my problem and volunteered to try and contact another service that could help. She came back on the line and had lined up Universal Air Conditioning (very competent and would use anytime). Long story short-they were here in a half hour and fixed the problem. I just want to say that LILA is a credit to your organization. She is not averse to going the extra mile for your customers. I want to let management know how well she performed in this emergency. Many thanks, LILA. Paul **

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Paul of Peoria, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive service experience with OneGuard Home Warranties and Lila! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have shared your review with Lila and she was humbled by your kind words and really honored by the opportunity to advocate on your behalf and secure a sooner service appointment for your air conditioning system. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: May 6, 2020

When we turned on our air conditioner, it wasn’t working even though we’ve had it serviced twice a year. It was gonna be 100 that day. So thank goodness we had just bought OneGuard home warranty recently. We didn’t buy a warranty years ago because we’ve replaced everything in our home on our own but my sister-in-law told us that OneGuard Home Warranties is fabulous. She told us that every time they needed something, they were there and they replaced it. So we went with them and we will never ever be without a warranty again because when we called them, they came out immediately the next day. It was on a weekend and they sent somebody out on Monday and we had the part in and installed by Thursday. They were amazing.

The only thing that was lacking would be when the serviceman came, he didn’t have a card with him. He just came to the screen door and my husband said that he must be with the repair company. He said, “Yes, I am.” He didn’t have a shirt or a card that identified him. But we really liked the man. My husband said he was a friendly man. He knew exactly what he was doing. The motor had gone out in our AC and they replaced it. He was done in about an hour and he was gone. It was a wonderful transaction.

I talked to Joanne in regard to buying the policy and she was fabulous. She was so clear with what they would cover, what they would do, and how much the premium would be for what we decided we wanted to cover. We would tell the whole world if we could. We’ll never go without a home warranty and OneGuard’s the best. We’re so grateful that we have got them on our radar and they were very easy to work with.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Patricia of Sun City West, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and remarks regarding your outstanding service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties, our service contractors and Joanne! Our top priority is your satisfaction, and your testimony is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. We agree! Joanne is an asset to OneGuard and the epitome of customer service, and she really appreciated the opportunity to provide you with her personal assistance. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for such thoughtful feedback! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

OneGuard takes care of us. We don't ever have any pushback from them. The claims submission is pretty simple and easy. It's done online because of the pandemic. I only had one claim since this started and it was for my garbage disposal. I told the rep what happened, gave him a picture of what kind of garbage disposal it was, and a guy was sent out. So far, the quality of the contractor has been pretty dang good. I'm very happy with OneGuard. I'd tell my friend and family to give them a call. Anybody that owns a home should not be without this protection.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Theresa of Buckeye, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing OneGuard Home Warranties with a 5 star review and amazing testimony regarding your customer service experiences over the last 9 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help and love the positive feedback. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We sincerely value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Fraud company. They don't do major repair. I bought a property and wanted to have heater repaired. They rejected service claim after taking service full year fee. They find excuses to avoid claims repairs.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Zubair of Houston, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard Home Warranties the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we sincerely regret the outcome of your service request. In your situation, OneGuard confirmed the breakdown of the heating system was not the result of normal wear-and-tear conditions, and coverage was not approved in accordance with the OneGuard service plan. Thank you again for you understanding regarding coverage and allowing OneGuard to provide this additional explanation. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Submitting claims with OneGuard is great. They're busy, but they usually get back to us pretty decently. But finding reliable people to actually do the right work has been a nightmare. OneGuard would try to send somebody out. But I never knew if it was gonna get fixed or not, and I always paid the $75. We've had issues with the pool and the dishwashers. We've gone through several pool people and it's a tough market to find quality people. We've also had four different technicians for the fridge and we're gonna end up doing a new one. I just hope that the people that come actually know what they're doing.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear M of AZ, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review the service history firsthand. Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and we sincerely regret the frustration. Please know customer service is available to assist you 24/7 at 888.896.0014 if you need assistance with any of your service requests, and always happy to help. Thank you again. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

OneGuard has good customer service. They act very quickly and I've never had to wait. Most times when I call for something, I get a call that same day or depending on what time it is, by the next morning to set up for service. I have found it very easy, hence why I've extended them for this year. I've had multiple different repair guys come into the house and they've all been excellent. They know what they're talking about. I ask them questions about certain things as far as the home goes and they've given me some really good advice on a few things. So I've been very impressed.

I would highly recommend OneGuard. Before I moved to Arizona, I was never that very keen on home warranties. But because of just air conditioning units out here alone, most places, they're older, and because it costs so much more money to replace them that if and when my unit does go, it's well worth the money to have that insurance because they will cover the whole system, rather than what it will cost me out-of-pocket to replace it.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lisa of Phoenix, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star rating and providing such thoughtful and thorough testimony regarding your service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs is our top priority, and we are honored to connect you with dependable professionals and provide the peace of mind you deserve. Thank you again for such positive feedback! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I call them or go online when I submit claims. Sometimes I have to call to do some explanation and they're very friendly on the phone. My only gripe is there was this one time, I was told by an independent pool guy that my filter is going bad so I called up OneGuard but they wouldn't cover it until it actually stops working. Other than that, I'm pleased with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Bill of Glendale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are honored to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs and appreciate your understanding of coverage and the warranty process. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business over the last 10 years and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage exclusions

OneGuard’s service contract does not cover known pre-existing conditions, which is pretty standard in all home warranty contracts. In addition, unknown pre-existing defects are not covered unless outlined under their “no-fault coverage,” which covers certain issues due to rust, corrosion and improper maintenance, repair and installation. Generally, the homeowner is responsible for routine maintenance. OneGuard holds the right to not provide coverage for repairs that result due to homeowner negligence. This includes any issues caused by factors outside of normal wear-and-tear, like misuse or abuse of the items. The contract, like most home warranty contracts, also will not cover cosmetic defects or commercial grade systems or appliances.

OneGuard places certain coverage exclusions on individual systems and appliances. These exclusions are generally related to small parts and accessories or other items that aren’t essential to the core function of the appliance or system. For example, when it comes to refrigerator coverage, all mechanical parts are covered, including the ice maker and ice/water dispenser, but removable equipment such as shelves, racks and drawers are not covered.

Any repair to a component listed as a coverage exclusion will be the responsibility of the homeowner. You can find a full list of exclusions via OneGuard's sample contract.

OneGuard Home Warranties coverage limits

The maximum limits for appliance and system coverages range from $250 to $2,000, while the maximum limits for optional coverages range from $500 to $2,500. Prices may vary slightly from state to state.

OneGuard sets individual coverage limits for certain items. This is the maximum payout they will provide. If a repair or replacement costs more than the coverage limit, you would be responsible for paying for the difference. This is standard on most home warranty contracts, and OneGuard places these limits on very few of their covered items.

ItemOneGuard’s coverage limit
    Kitchen appliances$2,500
    Ductwork$500
    Glycol, hydronic, steam or geothermal HVAC systems$1,500
    Permits and code upgrades$250
    Plumbing leaks obstructed by concrete$1,000
    Weed kill treatment, yard landscape maintenanceUp to 10,000 square feet

OneGuard Home Warranties claims

Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a toll-free number or online. OneGuard promises you will receive a return call from one of their approved service providers within four hours during business hours, which is much faster than the industry average of 24–48 hours.

How to request service from OneGuard:

1. Submit a claim online or by calling OneGuard’s toll-free number as soon as you discover a problem.
    2. OneGuard will contact one of their approved service contractors who will contact you within four hours (48 on weekends and holidays) to schedule an appointment.
    3. Pay the service call fee and have the repair made.

Service recall period: Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the 30-day recall period, OneGuard will send another technician to make repairs without charging you an additional service call fee.

Emergency service: OneGuard defines emergencies as any condition that makes your home uninhabitable, such as interior flooding, complete loss of heat or cooling in extreme temperatures or substantial loss of electrical service. In the event of an emergency, OneGuard will make all efforts to expedite your service. 24-hour emergency service is available for interior flooding.

OneGuard Home Warranties FAQ

Is a home inspection required by OneGuard Home Warranties?

No. A home inspection is not required to get coverage from OneGuard. In respect to filing a claim under the “no-fault coverage” option, a visual inspection may be needed to confirm whether the breakdown was caused by an unknown pre-existing condition. This inspection can be performed by a licensed contractor or a state-certified home inspection.

Is there a cancellation fee for OneGuard?

Yes. If you cancel after the contract’s effective date, a $50 administrative fee will apply. You can cancel your OneGuard contract at any time and will be entitled to a pro-rated refund on the remainder of your contract.

Can I choose my own service provider?

No. OneGuard has an approved list of service contractors they work with and will match a contractor with you for each service. Any work done by an unapproved service provider will be at your own cost, as is standard to all home warranty contracts.

Is OneGuard worth it?

OneGuard home warranty plans are flexible, affordable and come with low service call fees. Homeowners have 24/7 claim access, and OneGuard reports the fastest response times in the industry. Aside from standard coverage, they offer a wide variety of home care and maintenance services not typically offered by other home warranty providers. The biggest drawback is that OneGuard is only available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas. OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry and is known for generous coverage options.

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information