3.9/5 (102 ratings)
Learn More

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: March 1, 2022

The condenser outside was not working properly when it was cold. Within a couple of hours of making the call, OneGuard had somebody out here. They had a tech in the area that finished up a job. So we had a tech come out the same day to check the unit for issues with the heat. I like the ease of calling and making a claim. But I wish there were a few more items that would be included.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Brian of Arizona, On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you so much for the 4 stars and providing positive feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 4 years! Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and it is always a pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I'm a new owner of the house and the seller purchased the home warranty. That was given to me during the closing process, and when I had a problem with the refrigerator, I read through the information that was given to me. I saw that the refrigerator was covered and gave OneGuard a call. The problem was resolved within a week, and the service was excellent. OneGuard scheduled a local business to come and determine the problem with my refrigerator. I went a week without a refrigerator then the tech arrived, inspected the refrigerator and got it up and running. He was great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Glenn of Scottsdale, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and sharing such thoughtful testimony regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our service professional! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to provide best in class service, from the first call to the completed repair, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Our laundry machine has been broken for a month and a half now. It took six days for them to call us back to do an online diagnostics, then another two weeks for them to come out here, do the diagnostics in person. Then the person said that they needed to order some parts. That took another two weeks for them to come back, and only to realize that their boss had ordered the wrong parts. We've settled with OneGuard and they gave us a Lowe's gift card. We've just received our new washer and dryer today, so hopefully, there won't be a problem.

However, it took a long time for the dishwasher to be fixed. But in the end, it got fixed. But the rest of the services we've gotten, we weren't really satisfied with them. There was also our mainline. We had a problem with it. OneGuard referred someone to us, but it wasn't covered. Overall, it's been frustrating. Also, the first time they said someone would contact us, we've had to call OneGuard again because no one was calling us. Then someone called us. For all the follow-ups that have happened since then, we were given the appliance repair company’s number and then told to deal with them ourselves. The individuals that have come here were professional. The issue was mostly between OneGuard and the appliance companies.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mark of AZ, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely regret the frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued members. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

If anything goes wrong with the main appliances, OneGuard takes care of it. It's good to have them on my side. But one time, I had an issue with a contractor that broke a condensate pipe and did serious damage to the AC. They broke the ceiling and water was leaking on the carpet. They fixed the ceiling but they didn't fix the carpet. One Guard didn't stand by me and wouldn't put pressure on that. That was a bit disappointing.

Normally, OneGuard is perfect, just beautiful service and everything. But the way they didn't support me 100% all the way was kind of disgusting. I ended up replacing the whole carpet in the entire upstairs. They should come back, and if they care, they still can do something about it.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mouhammad of Sugar Land, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing important feedback. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and we sincerely apologize for the frustration. Please be assured we have reviewed the situation firsthand, and have also followed up with the service contractor on your behalf to ensure proper procedures were followed. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

There was a little confusion about which policy I wanted or what day I wanted to start it on. But other than that, everything was fine. I've had two or three claims and within 24 hours, you’d know who's assigned and when they're gonna be contacting you. So far, they've been competent.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Lincoln of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is at the forefront of our priorities, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We absolutely love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

There are many different warranty companies out there. I've had decent luck with my warranty company, but it's up to people to try it out for their own use. I bought my house in 2016 and the person that sold me the house recommended OneGuard, but I had an original warranty company. I had them for a year then I switched over to OneGuard and I've been with them ever since. Originally, when I first started out with them, my claims experience was a little difficult, but now it's improved significantly. Submitting claims is insanely easy, ‘cause I can do that online.

After I submit the case, they assign it to someone and I don't find out who that is until I receive the notification, usually from the provider. They notify me that they've been assigned to my case and let me know their availability and when they can be out, depending on the severity of the situation. The quality of the contractors is good. The last three contractors that I've had got the job done. I recently had an issue with my garbage disposal, and the guy came out, fixed the issue and I didn't get charged anything other than my base fee. I was happy with the service that I received.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear James of Flower Mound, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business over the last 6 years and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I was just trying a new company. But when I renewed, I chose OneGuard because of their quicker response time and easier to get ahold of. I had a good experience with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Pam of Phoenix, Thank you so much for the 5 stars and providing such positive comments regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

The house we bought was built back in the '80s and a lot of the appliances here are the original appliances. For me, having OneGuard was more of peace of mind. Knowing that if something broke, I could just make a single phone call and for a low fee, we could have someone come out and have the problem rectified. The claim submission process has been extremely simple. Even when I submit stuff online, I'm usually talking to somebody in person within a number of minutes. They've been very proactive to call and ensure that the information that I've put in online is exactly what gets passed to the technician, clarifying anything that they have questions on. So it has been a very pleasant experience thus far. The techs have been great too. They've gone above and beyond.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jim of Magnolia, Thank you so much for the 5 stars regarding your amazing customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love providing you with the peace of mind that you deserve! Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

So far, the times we have used OneGuard, we've never had any issues. It's very easy to contact them and have them assist with different things that's come up. They have a good range of stuff that they can assist with. They've helped with a dishwasher issue, and we've had them assist us with some landscaping. Overall, it's been a good experience.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

​Dear Adam of Buckeye, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your fantastic customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and it is always our distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I've had good service with OneGuard and I just renewed my home warranty contract for two years. I’ve had the stem broke in the shower in the guest bathroom. Then I had an issue with a garage door opener and a leak in my irrigation system. OneGuard could get my appointment right away and I would recommend them to anybody else.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Don of San Tan Valley, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I had two different home warranties, one for my rental property and one for my primary residence. It's so easy to just call OneGuard in and get repairs done. They have done repairs on my AC unit, the microwave, and the dishwasher. The other great thing is sometimes you don't know exactly who to call but you can call OneGuard and there's a provider that they work with that can come over. When we moved to our new property, there was an issue with one of the lines that went to the washing machine on the second floor. It ended up sprouting a leak and I had a second-floor leak onto the first-floor dining area. I went through the insurance and home warranty to cover that one. Finding out the little nozzle was covered and we had somebody over here was very nice.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Luis of Goodyear, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

On 9/13/21 I initiated a call for an A/C repair with OneGuard for a A/C line that needed repair. As indicated in the contractor’s own words: “Called out on Ceiling damage caused by missing suction line insulation”… I indicated my need in the service call prior to the contractor being called out. The contractor arrived on 9/14 without the needed insulation on the truck. I immediately called OneGuard in his presence to inform them that the contractor did not have the materials, and that it's imperative to have this rectified immediately by ordering the materials and having him come back out because it CAUSED MY CEILING TO FALL IN.

The Contractor said he had to put in an authorization request for the insulation work with OneGuard...the authorization was never placed, instead either the contractor or OneGuard reported that the work was completed- it was not, and still has not been completed. Aside from in the moment, at the time of the visit, I have spoken to several reps regarding this nightmare service.

On 9/30 I emailed Marilen ** about this and she told me to disregard the invoice. Then, on a separate service call from December, my Dishwasher deemed unrepairable by OneGuard, and needs to be replaced. They require I replace it with a $700 dishwasher, but will only pay for $159 of the replacement costs- indicating that I owe a $75 service fee.

OneGuard is attempting to deduct the $75 service fee for the A/C from my replacement check for the dishwasher. Rolling one inefficiency into another. I called back last week to inform them that this fee was supposed to have been waived in September as per Marilen ** and Juan ** told me that in looking in the computer he can verify that the contractor never placed an authorization request. He said that he would escalate this to leadership and reply on Monday. Instead, today- 1 whole entire week later, Juan replies that the work on the line actually was not covered, but that the contractor indicated that work was completed.

The A/C service call was GROSSLY mishandled, and is causing a trickle down effect in the process of a completely separate service call. I paid $700 for the service last year, and nearly $1000 to renew- at what point is OneGuard going to realize- hey, this isn't about the $75- this is an ethical issue. A dissatisfied customer. I have given OneGuard at least 7 service fees on top of my warranty purchase price in the last year alone. It's not about the $75, it's about the relationship, and unethical dismissal and disregard of my words. I have never been so dissatisfied with a service in all my life. Thanks for causing $19,000 worth of additional damage in my home- I had to replace the ceiling and the antique hardwood floors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Uniqua of Spring, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our conversation. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard has analyzed the service request and confirmed the breakdown you were experiencing was not covered in accordance with the service plan. We have also confirmed the additional service fee has been refunded as promised. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to provide this information. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

OneGuard's services have been good so far. For our plumbing claim, we had a very professional and wonderful company. They did the job correctly and everything was great. We had a leak in the bathroom upstairs and the plumber showed us where the problem was and fixed it. But we had a hole in the ceiling and from my understanding, OneGuard cannot honor the cosmetics of the ceiling. So we need to fix that ourselves. Other than that, we've been with OneGuard for a while and we've never had a problem with them. I highly recommend others to use them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Maysoun of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 stars and providing such positive remarks regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 7 years! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is our utmost priority, and we are extremely happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you receive. Thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

They fixed my busted pipe. We had a misdiagnosis at first and they rectified that situation, so now my plumbing is fixed. It usually takes between a week or two weeks to see a contractor. This time, it took a little longer, but it was fine. They also fixed my hot water heater and my garbage disposal. Whether the home is new or old, OneGuard will be helpful to have for small things.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Erika of Mesquite, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is at the forefront of our priorities, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We absolutely love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I always have OneGuard come and check out the furnace and then in spring, I have them check out the air conditioning. For the furnace, I've had this one company that I always asked for, and they were training a new person. He checked everything out, but he forgot to turn the furnace back on. So I had to have him come back. But he didn't come back. They sent somebody else.

I've called OneGuard numerous times. But I did have one really lousy experience last spring. I had trouble with my dishwasher. Water with soap started coming out from under the door. So I called OneGuard the very next morning and asked for someone to come out and look at it. They sent this man and from the very beginning, I wasn't really comfortable with him. He kept on saying that it was my fault because I was using the wrong detergent but I knew I wasn't. He kept on and on and on. He said that I needed to use this dishwasher cleaner. So I said okay.

When he left, I chased all over the place trying to find this stuff. This was during COVID and it wasn't available. So I bought another detergent and used the dishwasher again and then everything was okay. But the next time I used it, the same old thing happened all over again. So I called back and this man came. He was very indignant that I'm continuing to use the wrong dishwashing detergent but I wasn't. I just got nowhere. So I finally lost patience and asked him to leave. He had a one-track mind and kept asking him to check out various parts of the dishwasher.

I called OneGuard back and they wanted to send this fellow out again. I told them there was no way that I wanted that man in my house again. So the gal found me another company and I requested that they send me someone who has an excellent history. She had one, but she said I'd have to wait 10 days. I told her that it was fine and I would do that. So I waited the time and this other fellow came out. Within 20 minutes, he had my dishwasher repaired. There was a part that was going bad so that was why it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. It had nothing to do with the dishwasher detergent. He had the part in the truck and everything was fine. But I was really disgusted with this first individual. When OneGuard emailed me a report, I put down everything that happened that I wasn't happy with and that was the end of it. But I've had many, many good experiences with OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Carol of AZ, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My experience has always been good with OneGuard. I just call up and tell them what the problem is, they submit whatever I said that I need, and I get a text back from them telling me who's going to be doing the job and that they'll be calling me. It's always smooth and very delightful. I've been with OneGuard going on two years now and it's been a lifesaver. I'm glad I have kept it up. I had to have my refrigerator fixed when I first moved in. I had to get a new microwave and a new garbage disposal through them. The bottom coil on my oven went out two days before Thanksgiving and their contractor came and had it fixed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Patricia of Buckeye, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I've had to have a couple of appliances completely replaced. The process, once in a while, depending on what it is and what the way things are right now, trying to get something sooner is just a little difficult, but that's not their fault. They've saved me quite a bit of money. OneGuard has progressed wonderfully. A few years back, I was not real happy. But now, it's instantaneous. I get messages right away. If I have a problem with a repairman coming in and they can't get to me for a week, but I need somebody there sooner, I just call OneGuard up and say, “They can't get here. Can you find somebody else?” And they do and they find it right away.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Victoria of Queen Creek, Thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations, is our number one priority and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business of 14 years and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I had OneGuard for a couple of years. Then I moved. I had such good service with OneGuard that I thought I would bring it here to this residence. Recently, they came to repair a garage door. It wasn't opening and closing. But it was due to the time of year when the sun was shining on the little eye at the bottom. The tech replaced that and it's worked perfectly since then. The vendors of OneGuard have been great and very professional. I would recommend OneGuard. I haven't run into anything they haven't been able to repair under the terms of the agreement.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dennis of Gilbert, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such positive remarks regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again, we truly value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The price of OneGuard is reasonable. I had a recent claim for my dishwasher. The company did very well. The technician was very professional. The soap tray wouldn't open. So, they had to bring me a new soap tray. There was one company that came out for my yard to spot weeds. Then they said, “We only check out the weeds. But for X amount of dollars more, we can do the whole yard, spray it with the GroundClear to kill the weeds and seeds,” which I didn't care. I said, “When you come out here to kill the weeds, you do it all, and do one thing and not the other.”

The same company came in and I asked them to spray outside for scorpions. They said, “We don't spray outside for scorpions. Matter of fact, we don't spray for scorpions at all. But we'll put in some scorpion traps.” I don't think that's professional. I don't mind paying, but when they start nickel and diming me for extras when they're supposed to do the full thing, it aggravates me. I'd recommend OneGuard. But some of the companies that they represent or have contract with are not really that professional.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Stan of Surprise, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider over the last 9 years. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I'm very happy my brother recommended OneGuard. Their claim process has been very easy. I just telephone them and they get right on it. I like the quick service that they give me. I recently had a problem with the Thanksgiving holiday and it took a little bit longer. I called them and they got right on it. Because that contractor didn't answer so they quickly got someone else and that person came on Sunday. I'm very pleased with OneGuard and with the courtesy when I call. I would highly recommend OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Maria of Phoenix, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 5 years! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

OneGuard is just like every other warranty company. I've had Old Republic before, and they're relatively the same. OneGuard is very helpful and submitting claims has been easy, but it depends on the service I'm looking at. Last year when I tried to use them on the air conditioning tune-up, it was very hard, but the last time I used them last week for the garage, they were very responsive. However, there was no emergency phone number that I could call to get help. Trying to reach somebody was next to impossible. When I called the other day, I was on hold a ridiculous amount of time and my garage door was an emergency, where I had to sleep with the garage door open all night. Other than that, the garage situation was handled very efficiently.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Angela of Surprise, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The first time I submitted a claim, I called OneGuard 'cause I wasn't sure if my claim was covered or not. It was the first time I was ever going to use it with the garbage disposal. With my recent claim, I did it online. It was for an oven temperature calibration. It was very easy. When I have had the air conditioner service for the yearly service, the people they use are always very nice and professional. I really like it. I hear horror stories from other people that have home warranties and I always tell them about OneGuard because they've been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Donna of Phoenix, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

OneGuard's claim submission process is very upfront and customer service is perfect. I've looked every single one of the techs up and they're all very well-rated with the register of contractors. So they're sending out top-notch people to do repairs. Also, one of the features they offer that I like is that aside from the home warranty, OneGuard includes service options. I've had my exterior windows washed and that's a big plus for somebody like me. They also offer some landscaping help and that's a real benefit and most other places I have not seen offer that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear M. of AZ, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I signed up with a different company and had that warranty for about five years, and then it became OneGuard. Our costs doubled since then because we were paying $33 before and now it's nearly 60 bucks a month. Also, the amount that we have to pay for a visit when we schedule costs a lot more for the visit itself. It used to be $40 or $45 and now it's 60.

Most of the contractors have been good. There was just one plumber that we requested him to wear a mask when he came and he said he's vaccinated and he would not wear a mask. The reason why we asked was because my kids have high risks and they have breathing issues so it's just a precaution. Then he went out to check the water pressure and he couldn't find a higher water pressure on two of those faucets outside so he went to the one that leads to the pool directly, which in itself is not a faucet. It's something modified by the previous owner to put in some pipe to water the bushes. It's a very big outlet of water that sprays and the pressure can be increased or decreased because it goes to the pool. He used that and he claimed that the water pressure coming into the home was too high and that was the reason that all these problems were happening and that the warranty would be void if that would be the case. He was rude and unethical.

Other than that, my overall experience with all the people has been professional and they come in on time. When the cold freeze happened and then three or four months later, OneGuard was still backed up for plumbing appointments, we made an appointment for a leaky faucet, which was not connected to the thing, and we had to wait a long time for it. They need to find more vendors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sunitha of Southlake, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your complete satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and keeping premium costs competitive, and we regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

In the past couple of years, I have not been happy with OneGuard at all. I have not switched but I was gonna check with some other services and possibly switch. Some of OneGuard’s representatives are not helpful at all. It's a hit-and-miss when I call for services. Some of them have very bad attitudes. I have asked to have a manager call me back but I never get called back. OneGuard needs some more training with their customer service people. Their attitude needs to change when people are calling.

I pay them a monthly service every month and I should have left them by now. I have too much other things going on in my life to sit down and look at these infomercials that have their services and call and get a quote. I have been with them since I had my home, which is since 2013, and in the beginning, I didn't call too much because it's not like I have that much stuff breaking down in my home. But when I called, there were times when there was terrible customer service. We have a very unhappy customer here.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Vikki of Fort Worth, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Your satisfaction is always our top priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have left you a voice message seeking to address your concerns and offer our personal assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

When I submitted a claim, everything was smooth and easy enough.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jacob of Glendale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

OneGuard is a very qualified and reputable company, and we love them. They work out well. The claims reps are always responsive and it’s very good dealing with them. Everybody that we’ve ever had has been very nice, knows their business and takes care of it timely.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Larry of Cave Creek, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 4 years! We constantly strive to provide you with fast, friendly service that exceeds your expectations, and we are absolutely thrilled that this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I haven't been happy with OneGuard. I’ve had it on my house since I bought it in 2015 and I have worked with plenty of warranty services before. In the state I was in, they didn't have OneGuard. They had American Home Shield. But it was already on the house for the previous owners, so that's what they sold it with. I understand COVID has driven prices up but I've paid on time and in full. I also haven’t made very many claims at all because I take good care of my house. This last year, my pool heater didn't work and OneGuard used some bogus thing such as the ground was not level so they were not covering the heater because it made the water drip into this thing. Obviously, it was the age of it and that was not true. It was leaking from a leak beforehand. They inspected the house and it was always functioning.

OneGuard finds reasons why not to cover. I also had a hot water heater go out and they told me the pressure coming into my house was too high so they wouldn't cover it. But they covered the valve. It's all covered on my house, so it was an excuse to not cover something. So, I paid for the warranty and for the hot water heater as well as the valve. It was disappointing. When it comes to the coverage, it’s excuses. But everyone you talk to try and get people out in a timely manner. And the people you talk to on the phone are very nice.

I don't know if the rest of the home warranty companies aren't doing the same thing. So I can't make a judgment call on why they're choosing it. But if the house has been in the exact same thing and you’re asking for coverage, I don't get why they would choose not to cover. Because the ground doesn't sink. Then, when I talked to my pool guy, the guy said that it was not why the thing failed. It was just an excuse.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Linda of Scottsdale, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard will repair or replace covered items that become inoperative from normal wear and tear and determined that the pool heater and water heater breakdowns were not covered in accordance with the service plan. We have also confirmed that replacement of the pressure reducing valve was completed. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

When requesting for service, the reps answer the phone good and they don't keep me on hold for an hour. They get back to me. I have to wait for the technician to call me and confirm the appointment. So, it takes a little while but it's not a bad thing. Everybody is courteous and the people that come into the house are very nice about adhering to the COVID restrictions. Overall, the experience is okay. It's just that I don't know how badly I need the service. I needed something done to the toilets, the dishwasher and something else, and I had to pay three different companies $75 to do each job. It cost me a lot of money because some of these jobs are small and they may not even cost $75 to pay somebody to do it.

OneGuard sent somebody to change the locks but the person didn't change the locks. He changed the cylinders and he only had to change two, and that cost me $75. I could have bought the locks for $30 and the cylinders for $30 and put them in myself. But other than that, OneGuard is okay and the $75 will be nothing compared to the price that you would have had to pay if you had to pay for a technician to come out of your pocket.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary of Houston, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and the most comprehensive coverage in the industry at a competitive cost, and we are happy you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for the opportunity! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to showcasing all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The representatives at OneGuard were extremely helpful, kind and patient. They reflected well on the company. The times that I have done a claim, I went online, paid a fee and then, I received a call either the next day or the day after by the company that was gonna provide the service. The contractors all have great customer service but I noticed that there’s a pattern. They’re rated low online so it makes me wary.

The company that delivered my last appliance was supposed to hook it up but they didn't plug it in. So, I hear the word “Install appliances” and I think install it and plug it in, and they didn't do that. They just delivered the washer. They connected the hoses but did not plug in the washer to the outlet. They said that it was because they couldn't reach behind. The outlet is behind the dryer but the washer is 166 pounds. So, when I got home, I had to try to move the washer again because they left the electrical cord taped on the washer. They didn't even make it accessible to me.

Most of the negative reviews was that OneGuard doesn't fully install the appliances the way they should. So, I had to call a friend to come and help me move the washer. He moved the washer just enough, so he can get the electrical cord. All he had to do was literally move the dryer, which is much lighter, about four inches to the left and he was able to plug it in. So, the reps were just not trying. Still, OneGuard gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything were to break down, I can easily go on the website and make a claim, and have what’s wrong with it figured out in the next couple days. It's a more affordable way to get services. They have come through with a couple of things that I needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yuriko of Mesa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with ease of service and the peace of mind you deserve. We also appreciate your thoughtful feedback as it directly contributes to our improvement and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information