4.0/5 (95 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I've had to have a couple of appliances completely replaced. The process, once in a while, depending on what it is and what the way things are right now, trying to get something sooner is just a little difficult, but that's not their fault. They've saved me quite a bit of money. OneGuard has progressed wonderfully. A few years back, I was not real happy. But now, it's instantaneous. I get messages right away. If I have a problem with a repairman coming in and they can't get to me for a week, but I need somebody there sooner, I just call OneGuard up and say, “They can't get here. Can you find somebody else?” And they do and they find it right away.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Victoria of Queen Creek, Thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations, is our number one priority and your testimony and the value you find in OneGuard is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business of 14 years and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I had OneGuard for a couple of years. Then I moved. I had such good service with OneGuard that I thought I would bring it here to this residence. Recently, they came to repair a garage door. It wasn't opening and closing. But it was due to the time of year when the sun was shining on the little eye at the bottom. The tech replaced that and it's worked perfectly since then. The vendors of OneGuard have been great and very professional. I would recommend OneGuard. I haven't run into anything they haven't been able to repair under the terms of the agreement.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Dennis of Gilbert, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such positive remarks regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. On behalf of the entire OneGuard team, thank you again, we truly value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The price of OneGuard is reasonable. I had a recent claim for my dishwasher. The company did very well. The technician was very professional. The soap tray wouldn't open. So, they had to bring me a new soap tray. There was one company that came out for my yard to spot weeds. Then they said, “We only check out the weeds. But for X amount of dollars more, we can do the whole yard, spray it with the GroundClear to kill the weeds and seeds,” which I didn't care. I said, “When you come out here to kill the weeds, you do it all, and do one thing and not the other.”

The same company came in and I asked them to spray outside for scorpions. They said, “We don't spray outside for scorpions. Matter of fact, we don't spray for scorpions at all. But we'll put in some scorpion traps.” I don't think that's professional. I don't mind paying, but when they start nickel and diming me for extras when they're supposed to do the full thing, it aggravates me. I'd recommend OneGuard. But some of the companies that they represent or have contract with are not really that professional.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Stan of Surprise, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider over the last 9 years. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I'm very happy my brother recommended OneGuard. Their claim process has been very easy. I just telephone them and they get right on it. I like the quick service that they give me. I recently had a problem with the Thanksgiving holiday and it took a little bit longer. I called them and they got right on it. Because that contractor didn't answer so they quickly got someone else and that person came on Sunday. I'm very pleased with OneGuard and with the courtesy when I call. I would highly recommend OneGuard.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Maria of Phoenix, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 5 years! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

OneGuard is just like every other warranty company. I've had Old Republic before, and they're relatively the same. OneGuard is very helpful and submitting claims has been easy, but it depends on the service I'm looking at. Last year when I tried to use them on the air conditioning tune-up, it was very hard, but the last time I used them last week for the garage, they were very responsive. However, there was no emergency phone number that I could call to get help. Trying to reach somebody was next to impossible. When I called the other day, I was on hold a ridiculous amount of time and my garage door was an emergency, where I had to sleep with the garage door open all night. Other than that, the garage situation was handled very efficiently.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Angela of Surprise, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The first time I submitted a claim, I called OneGuard 'cause I wasn't sure if my claim was covered or not. It was the first time I was ever going to use it with the garbage disposal. With my recent claim, I did it online. It was for an oven temperature calibration. It was very easy. When I have had the air conditioner service for the yearly service, the people they use are always very nice and professional. I really like it. I hear horror stories from other people that have home warranties and I always tell them about OneGuard because they've been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Donna of Phoenix, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendations and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

OneGuard's claim submission process is very upfront and customer service is perfect. I've looked every single one of the techs up and they're all very well-rated with the register of contractors. So they're sending out top-notch people to do repairs. Also, one of the features they offer that I like is that aside from the home warranty, OneGuard includes service options. I've had my exterior windows washed and that's a big plus for somebody like me. They also offer some landscaping help and that's a real benefit and most other places I have not seen offer that.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear M. of AZ, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I signed up with a different company and had that warranty for about five years, and then it became OneGuard. Our costs doubled since then because we were paying $33 before and now it's nearly 60 bucks a month. Also, the amount that we have to pay for a visit when we schedule costs a lot more for the visit itself. It used to be $40 or $45 and now it's 60.

Most of the contractors have been good. There was just one plumber that we requested him to wear a mask when he came and he said he's vaccinated and he would not wear a mask. The reason why we asked was because my kids have high risks and they have breathing issues so it's just a precaution. Then he went out to check the water pressure and he couldn't find a higher water pressure on two of those faucets outside so he went to the one that leads to the pool directly, which in itself is not a faucet. It's something modified by the previous owner to put in some pipe to water the bushes. It's a very big outlet of water that sprays and the pressure can be increased or decreased because it goes to the pool. He used that and he claimed that the water pressure coming into the home was too high and that was the reason that all these problems were happening and that the warranty would be void if that would be the case. He was rude and unethical.

Other than that, my overall experience with all the people has been professional and they come in on time. When the cold freeze happened and then three or four months later, OneGuard was still backed up for plumbing appointments, we made an appointment for a leaky faucet, which was not connected to the thing, and we had to wait a long time for it. They need to find more vendors.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Sunitha of Southlake, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. Our top priority is your complete satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and keeping premium costs competitive, and we regret any frustration. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

In the past couple of years, I have not been happy with OneGuard at all. I have not switched but I was gonna check with some other services and possibly switch. Some of OneGuard’s representatives are not helpful at all. It's a hit-and-miss when I call for services. Some of them have very bad attitudes. I have asked to have a manager call me back but I never get called back. OneGuard needs some more training with their customer service people. Their attitude needs to change when people are calling.

I pay them a monthly service every month and I should have left them by now. I have too much other things going on in my life to sit down and look at these infomercials that have their services and call and get a quote. I have been with them since I had my home, which is since 2013, and in the beginning, I didn't call too much because it's not like I have that much stuff breaking down in my home. But when I called, there were times when there was terrible customer service. We have a very unhappy customer here.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Vikki of Fort Worth, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Your satisfaction is always our top priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have left you a voice message seeking to address your concerns and offer our personal assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to assist you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

When I submitted a claim, everything was smooth and easy enough.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jacob of Glendale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Making it easy to request service and offering prompt and accurate resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we love the positive feedback! On behalf the entire OneGuard team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

OneGuard is a very qualified and reputable company, and we love them. They work out well. The claims reps are always responsive and it’s very good dealing with them. Everybody that we’ve ever had has been very nice, knows their business and takes care of it timely.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Larry of Cave Creek, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties over the last 4 years! We constantly strive to provide you with fast, friendly service that exceeds your expectations, and we are absolutely thrilled that this has been your experience. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home service needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I haven't been happy with OneGuard. I’ve had it on my house since I bought it in 2015 and I have worked with plenty of warranty services before. In the state I was in, they didn't have OneGuard. They had American Home Shield. But it was already on the house for the previous owners, so that's what they sold it with. I understand COVID has driven prices up but I've paid on time and in full. I also haven’t made very many claims at all because I take good care of my house. This last year, my pool heater didn't work and OneGuard used some bogus thing such as the ground was not level so they were not covering the heater because it made the water drip into this thing. Obviously, it was the age of it and that was not true. It was leaking from a leak beforehand. They inspected the house and it was always functioning.

OneGuard finds reasons why not to cover. I also had a hot water heater go out and they told me the pressure coming into my house was too high so they wouldn't cover it. But they covered the valve. It's all covered on my house, so it was an excuse to not cover something. So, I paid for the warranty and for the hot water heater as well as the valve. It was disappointing. When it comes to the coverage, it’s excuses. But everyone you talk to try and get people out in a timely manner. And the people you talk to on the phone are very nice.

I don't know if the rest of the home warranty companies aren't doing the same thing. So I can't make a judgment call on why they're choosing it. But if the house has been in the exact same thing and you’re asking for coverage, I don't get why they would choose not to cover. Because the ground doesn't sink. Then, when I talked to my pool guy, the guy said that it was not why the thing failed. It was just an excuse.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Linda of Scottsdale, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard will repair or replace covered items that become inoperative from normal wear and tear and determined that the pool heater and water heater breakdowns were not covered in accordance with the service plan. We have also confirmed that replacement of the pressure reducing valve was completed. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

When requesting for service, the reps answer the phone good and they don't keep me on hold for an hour. They get back to me. I have to wait for the technician to call me and confirm the appointment. So, it takes a little while but it's not a bad thing. Everybody is courteous and the people that come into the house are very nice about adhering to the COVID restrictions. Overall, the experience is okay. It's just that I don't know how badly I need the service. I needed something done to the toilets, the dishwasher and something else, and I had to pay three different companies $75 to do each job. It cost me a lot of money because some of these jobs are small and they may not even cost $75 to pay somebody to do it.

OneGuard sent somebody to change the locks but the person didn't change the locks. He changed the cylinders and he only had to change two, and that cost me $75. I could have bought the locks for $30 and the cylinders for $30 and put them in myself. But other than that, OneGuard is okay and the $75 will be nothing compared to the price that you would have had to pay if you had to pay for a technician to come out of your pocket.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Mary of Houston, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and the most comprehensive coverage in the industry at a competitive cost, and we are happy you have chosen OneGuard for all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for the opportunity! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to showcasing all the wonderful services OneGuard has to offer again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The representatives at OneGuard were extremely helpful, kind and patient. They reflected well on the company. The times that I have done a claim, I went online, paid a fee and then, I received a call either the next day or the day after by the company that was gonna provide the service. The contractors all have great customer service but I noticed that there’s a pattern. They’re rated low online so it makes me wary.

The company that delivered my last appliance was supposed to hook it up but they didn't plug it in. So, I hear the word “Install appliances” and I think install it and plug it in, and they didn't do that. They just delivered the washer. They connected the hoses but did not plug in the washer to the outlet. They said that it was because they couldn't reach behind. The outlet is behind the dryer but the washer is 166 pounds. So, when I got home, I had to try to move the washer again because they left the electrical cord taped on the washer. They didn't even make it accessible to me.

Most of the negative reviews was that OneGuard doesn't fully install the appliances the way they should. So, I had to call a friend to come and help me move the washer. He moved the washer just enough, so he can get the electrical cord. All he had to do was literally move the dryer, which is much lighter, about four inches to the left and he was able to plug it in. So, the reps were just not trying. Still, OneGuard gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything were to break down, I can easily go on the website and make a claim, and have what’s wrong with it figured out in the next couple days. It's a more affordable way to get services. They have come through with a couple of things that I needed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Yuriko of Mesa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most esteemed pleasure to assist you with ease of service and the peace of mind you deserve. We also appreciate your thoughtful feedback as it directly contributes to our improvement and providing a level of service that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

OneGuard has come in handy and I've already recommended it to one person. I had to have the disposal replaced and I've had some sinks that were bad. Then today, one sink got stopped up. The repair guy fixed that again although he couldn't get the toilet fixed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Linda of Hurst, Thank you so much for 5 star review regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs is exactly what we strive for, and we are happy to hear about your pleasing experiences. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting OneGuard! We truly value your business and recommendation and look forward to serving you again. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I have been very displeased with OneGuard. I had a couple of situations in the last few years where I've been tempted to drop them. I had a situation where, right around Christmas, the hot water heater went out on us. They came out here and left us without anything, because they said they wouldn't replace it. We were a week or two without a hot water heater, so I had to go out and purchase my own, which was not right. In the last month, I had a motor go out on my pool. They replaced it and a week later, the motor that they replaced it with started making the same noise, going out. I sent a couple of emails, talked to three different people, and no help at all. Fortunately, I contacted the rep, Camille, and she was very helpful.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Charles of Mesa, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and we sincerely apologize for any frustration. We have confirmed the issue with your pool equipment has been resolved, and that a check was processed on your behalf for the water heater. Representatives are also available to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year and we are always happy to help with any of your service requests when you need additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration. We truly value your business and appreciate the opportunity to provide this information. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We created request for dishwasher repair on 8/3 with service request#**. It took them 10 days to confirm that it cannot be repaired and has to be replaced. We confirmed on August 14th that we would choose for the option to replace the appliance replaced as opposed to getting cash. It took them another 10 days to place the order for replacement which they only did after multiple follow-ups.

Finally on August 23rd they provided us with vendor name - DARYL Flood Logistics who would ship the appliance. However we called the vendor, they confirmed that they do not have service to any appliance to our location. We called back to One Guard immediately to inform that the shipping company doesn't ship to our location, they ignored and asked us to wait till the ETA mentioned in the email which was 9/18/2021. When we called on 9/18/2021, they asked us to call back on 9/20/2021. When we reached out on 9/20/2021, they said the shipping company doesn't deliver to our location. We have been calling everyday now requesting supervisor to call us back, but there has been no response past 3 days. This company is the most unprofessional service we have ever seen who is not responsible and deliver poor quality service.

I am pregnant and informed them that not having dishwasher has been so inconvenient, but they completely ignored my situation and now it has been almost 2 months we have no dishwasher. We requested to change back to cash back option so we can install the dishwasher ourselves today. But upon this request, One guard informs us saying we will be charged for restocking the order we had placed almost 1 month back whereas we have no tracking number or status where this dishwasher is coming from since a month now. We have been disgusted with the customer service who do not even try to resolve the issue and just give random stories everyday with different reason that the dishwasher is on its way. We now are stuck and feel left with no option in this scenario. I will be having a baby soon and badly needed a dishwasher to get started.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Kshitija of Paradise Valley, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. Please know we have confirmed a home depot git card has been processed on your behalf for the dishwasher replacement. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The inspector of the house said that the pressure in my lines might be too high, so I had a plumber come out and check. I then had a problem with the dishwasher, and someone came to deal with that. I had another one just recently wherein my heating system had a problem with the thermostat, and I had somebody come for that as well. I've used OneGuard three times, and each time, they've sent a very competent company out to do the work. The ease of scheduling an appointment has been the best though. I've used another home warranty company in the past, and it was very difficult to schedule. I've never needed to talk to a live person with OneGuard, but with the other company, I could never get ahold of someone that could resolve an issue for me. I'm really pleased with how easy it is to use OneGuard. It's been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Ethel of Manor, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our contractors! Our top priority is your complete satisfaction and to make the process easy and hassle free, and we are happy to know how well the warranty process has worked for you. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

One of the best things about OneGuard is the customer service and I've got a very good rep, Deb. She's wonderful and we've become friends throughout the years. She is really involved. She knows the things backwards and forwards and I know if there are any issues, she'll get right in the middle and take care of it. Also, so far, the contractors that OneGuard has dealt with have been real good so I recommend them over all the other home warranties. I also like paying the $69 upfront and not having to deal with the contractor for payment. They are limited on how far they go out, though, and I kind of wish for everybody else's sake that they went a little further. However, I'm glad in a way that they don't. They keep it small and our service seems to stay better if they're not that huge.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jan of Arlington, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive remarks regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to provide best in class service, from the first call to the completed repair, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We agree! Deb goes above and beyond, and truly embodies the caliber of service OnGuard strives to provide. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

It has been three weeks since we initially contacted OneGuard on our policy to report a failure with the air conditioning the day after closing. We are in San Antonio where the heat index has been consistently 100 or above. We are dangerously hot and are planning legal action against the company. We have logged 21 phone calls and received 5 or 6 in return; sent 13 emails to our rep Katlyn ** with only 4 return emails; 3 emails to Inspections Group with no responses; and 3 times accessed the portal on the website asking for help. We have asked for a supervisor 3 times, to no avail. The listing agent whose client purchased the warranty has been involved and she can get no response either. When contacted, no one has been helpful.

Responses are a mishmash of "give us 48 hours and we will have a supervisor contact you"--we have requested this 3 times with no callback, or "the fault is with the service provider, he has not responded to our requests" (maybe you should use a reputable service provider rather than a man in a truck with stick on letters) and other excuses. No one has helped us and no one seems the least bit interested in trying. There are tons of negative reviews on this company on various sites including the Better Business Bureau of Phoenix: 254 complaints closed in the last 3 years, and 144 in the past 12 months. What you should pay attention to is the claims that have not been resolved. What we are facing is standard operating procedure. Ignore, evade and lie. We're frankly surprised that the AG of Arizona or Texas isn't interested in the repetitive fraud against consumers. The name on the warranty is Cindy **.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Submitting a claim is quick. It depends on how fast the contractor actually schedules but the automated system works pretty well. Over the years, I've gotten several different contractors for the same type of issues. Some are better than others. I would like to have steadier contractors and OneGuard should not keep switching them. Other than that, I'm satisfied and I've recommended OneGuard to other people. But the terms and conditions of the new policies are different from the ones I have. The newer contracts are not as good.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Guillermo of Missouri City, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

My last experience submitting a claim was super. The contractor was good and the tech was quick and efficient. He came when he said he would and got the job done.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Howard of New Braunfels, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our service contractors! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Submitting a claim over the phone has been easy but online has been a pain. I sold my old house and got a new one and the new property didn't really show up online at first. Also, OneGuard just assigns somebody but from there, they don't check on timeliness. The last three times that I've had to call in somebody, I had to call OneGuard back and say that time is not gonna work and that I can't wait three days for something to get taken care of. As soon as I do that, the rep says, “Okay, I found something that’s going to be there quicker.” If OneGuard just did that from the get go, it would have been a lot better of an experience. It was unnecessary hassle. Other than that, the interactions with the people themselves have been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Joseph of Peoria, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

OneGuard referred me to a company that took 10 days to NOT fix my leaking pipe. I asked for authorization to use someone else before I had worse damage and incurred more expenses. The restoration company said they had to pull their drying equipment if I didn't get it fixed. My home insurance said they wouldn't cover the secondary damage if I let it get worse. OneGuard never even replied which left me with no choice but to use someone else. The other plumber came in less than 24 hrs and fixed in the issue in only 2 hours. OneGuard will not pay the bill because I used a different contractor - a contractor that was far more competent than their contractor. It is only $750, pennies for them, a lot of money for me. All because you cannot get a hold of someone to help you in an emergency situation.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jamie of Dallas, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our call. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction and to service you as quickly as possible, and we truly regret the frustration. We believe we have effectively addressed your concerns and sincerely hope to restore your faith in OneGuard and the great service we offer. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I usually phone in OneGuard for my claims and it has been pretty straightforward. Their reps have been really good and I never had a problem with the techs who came out. Someone told me that they've used different warranty companies that they've had problems with where they would say that this and that were not covered or they were out of luck. But I've never experienced that, so I would say that for all the years that I've been with OneGuard, I've never been disappointed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gordon of Avondale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider over the last 7 years. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

One Guard would not fix my A/C when it had been under warranty for 7 years while it was 100 degrees outside. Left me with no help, no return call, wouldn't send a repairman out over the weekend. Once someone finally came out three days later, they determined my A/C unit needed a new compressor. I called One Guard to ask what the process was to repair this, they had to check and call me back. Never returned my calls, I explained it is 100 degrees in Texas as it was summer time, and I needed an answer immediately. Never returned my call, I had to call back several times & finally the customer service department said they would not cover this due to A/C was dirty. I don't recommend this company, also had other problems with things they would not cover that was stated in the Contract that they do cover.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Nicole of Allen, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your past service history again. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we regret your frustration. OneGuard confirmed the breakdown of the air conditioning system was not the result of normal wear-and-tear conditions, and coverage was not extended in accordance with the service plan. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to have served you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! This company will do ANYTHING they can to avoid having to cover anything. The purchase of our home came with a two year contract with OneGuard... And quite honestly we would have been better off without them. Our refrigerator stopped worked... We called OneGuard, paid the service fee, and were then asked for our home inspection as a push back for fixing our system... It took THREE MONTHS to get a new refrigerator and having to call in several times.

Next our air conditioner started having issues... We called them out, the technician 'fixed it' ... and 5 days later it stopped working again. I called them back out and they claimed this was a new issue, and therefore needed to pay another service fee... Here we are, 2 weeks later, and the system has stopped working entirely. They charged ANOTHER service fee, took our system apart and disconnected it from the home and said it needed to be replaced but we would have to wait through the weekend, it is now Monday and they are refusing to fix anything saying it is 'too hard to access', but their technician didn't have trouble taking our system apart.

Oh and don't bother paying extra for help to cover your pool... WHAT A JOKE! We have a pool guy who comes every month, and my husband maintains it in between... We had some monsoons, shortly after the pool started leaking DE into the pool... We paid the service fee, they sent out some terribly rude technicians, and then claimed they will not cover anything on the pool due to "improper maintenance care". They never did an inspection on the system when I bought the home, but again will do anything they can to fight having to actually fix anything.

I've now spend countless hours on hold with OneGuard and still have no AC and a broken pool. This month alone they charged me close to $500 in service fees and informed us today that they will not be covering anything. They claim the AC is 'too hard to access' and that the pool was 'not maintained properly'... Even though we have a pool guy who comes bi-weekly. Again if you're looking for a home warranty - BE WARNED.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Danielle of Phoenix, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and servicing our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard confirmed that access is required to complete repairs to the air conditioning system; however, access is not covered by the warranty. We have also confirmed that the malfunction to the pool filter was not the result of normal wear and tear conditions, and coverage was not extended in accordance with the service plan. Lastly, we have verified that the request for the refrigerator was finalized. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard to provide this additional explanation. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I've been with OneGuard since they came into existence here in the valley. I used to belong to ServiceOne and they took over OneGuard. I've had really good experience with OneGuard. I only had one bad experience recently with one vendor, but they're still working on it. It’s a bit slow, but aside from that, I have good experience. One thing OneGuard could improve on is making sure that their resolution department does call people back because twice, I didn't get a call back. I finally got someone the other day. If there is a problem, we need a phone number or a person that we could call and get through to in these tough time. But they've always been giving great service other than that. I love that they always respond quickly and that the vendors have all been reliable. So, I've been very happy with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Barbara of Sun City West, Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I pick up my phone or go on a web browser and enter a ticket. It's drop-dead simple to enter a service request online. I have a recall pending right now. A sprinkler repair guy, what he fixed isn't fixed. So, I just had to have them come back out. But I'm sure it's just something he overlooked. So far, so good. My air conditioner is working great. That's the last thing that I had done. The tech fixed it. I was shocked I got same day service. And the guy took 20 minutes to fix it. I got lucky and dodged a bullet. We wouldn't be alive without air conditioning, because we're in Texas and it's freaking hot. You have to do your own research because there are other warranty companies out there, but I've used OneGuard and had success.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear William of Mckinney, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most distinct pleasure to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs and we appreciate your thoughtful testimony. We are also happy to report that the latest service request was successfully completed. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I've had a couple of claims with OneGuard and it was awesome. The experience has been good overall. Every time the contractors have been out to the house, they have been professional and outstanding. They have gone above and beyond what was expected. I'm looking forward to extending my service with them after the year is up.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tracy of Phoenix, Thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive testimony regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our outstanding contractors! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information