2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (127 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties is the premier home warranty that's currently available in Arizona, Nevada and Texas only. Not only do we cover your home systems and appliances, but we also offer an array of home maintenance services. From carpet cleaning and window washing to sprinkler repairs, you can rest assured that OneGuard Home Warranties will be there to help remove more hassles. Look no further, and contact us today to get a quote.

Pros

• Low service call fees
  • Advanced services
  • Low monthly cost
  • Fast response times

Cons

• Cancellation fee (after 30 days)
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

OneGuard is a trusted leader in the home warranty industry known for generous coverage. While availability is limited, if you qualify for coverage, OneGuard offers great plans and services.

OneGuard Home Warranties Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneGuard Home Warranties?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Submitting a claim is quick. It depends on how fast the contractor actually schedules but the automated system works pretty well. Over the years, I've gotten several different contractors for the same type of issues. Some are better than others. I would like to have steadier contractors and OneGuard should not keep switching them. Other than that, I'm satisfied and I've recommended OneGuard to other people. But the terms and conditions of the new policies are different from the ones I have. The newer contracts are not as good.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Guillermo of Missouri City, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. Your testimony plays a vital role in our quality assurance and provides great insight on how we can improve to better serve our valued homeowners. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

My last experience submitting a claim was super. The contractor was good and the tech was quick and efficient. He came when he said he would and got the job done.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Howard of New Braunfels, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing testimony regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our service contractors! Providing timely repairs completed by knowledgeable and friendly service professionals is exactly what we strive to do, and we are happy to hear how pleased you are with the level of service and support you received. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Submitting a claim over the phone has been easy but online has been a pain. I sold my old house and got a new one and the new property didn't really show up online at first. Also, OneGuard just assigns somebody but from there, they don't check on timeliness. The last three times that I've had to call in somebody, I had to call OneGuard back and say that time is not gonna work and that I can't wait three days for something to get taken care of. As soon as I do that, the rep says, “Okay, I found something that’s going to be there quicker.” If OneGuard just did that from the get go, it would have been a lot better of an experience. It was unnecessary hassle. Other than that, the interactions with the people themselves have been great.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Joseph of Peoria, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

OneGuard referred me to a company that took 10 days to NOT fix my leaking pipe. I asked for authorization to use someone else before I had worse damage and incurred more expenses. The restoration company said they had to pull their drying equipment if I didn't get it fixed. My home insurance said they wouldn't cover the secondary damage if I let it get worse. OneGuard never even replied which left me with no choice but to use someone else. The other plumber came in less than 24 hrs and fixed in the issue in only 2 hours. OneGuard will not pay the bill because I used a different contractor - a contractor that was far more competent than their contractor. It is only $750, pennies for them, a lot of money for me. All because you cannot get a hold of someone to help you in an emergency situation.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Jamie of Dallas, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our call. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction and to service you as quickly as possible, and we truly regret the frustration. We believe we have effectively addressed your concerns and sincerely hope to restore your faith in OneGuard and the great service we offer. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to serve you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I usually phone in OneGuard for my claims and it has been pretty straightforward. Their reps have been really good and I never had a problem with the techs who came out. Someone told me that they've used different warranty companies that they've had problems with where they would say that this and that were not covered or they were out of luck. But I've never experienced that, so I would say that for all the years that I've been with OneGuard, I've never been disappointed.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Gordon of Avondale, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! We strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry and best-in-class service, and we are ecstatic that you have chosen OneGuard as your home warranty provider over the last 7 years. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting OneGuard with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

One Guard would not fix my A/C when it had been under warranty for 7 years while it was 100 degrees outside. Left me with no help, no return call, wouldn't send a repairman out over the weekend. Once someone finally came out three days later, they determined my A/C unit needed a new compressor. I called One Guard to ask what the process was to repair this, they had to check and call me back. Never returned my calls, I explained it is 100 degrees in Texas as it was summer time, and I needed an answer immediately. Never returned my call, I had to call back several times & finally the customer service department said they would not cover this due to A/C was dirty. I don't recommend this company, also had other problems with things they would not cover that was stated in the Contract that they do cover.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Nicole of Allen, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your past service history again. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we regret your frustration. OneGuard confirmed the breakdown of the air conditioning system was not the result of normal wear-and-tear conditions, and coverage was not extended in accordance with the service plan. Thank you again for allowing OneGuard the opportunity to have served you. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! This company will do ANYTHING they can to avoid having to cover anything. The purchase of our home came with a two year contract with OneGuard... And quite honestly we would have been better off without them. Our refrigerator stopped worked... We called OneGuard, paid the service fee, and were then asked for our home inspection as a push back for fixing our system... It took THREE MONTHS to get a new refrigerator and having to call in several times.

Next our air conditioner started having issues... We called them out, the technician 'fixed it' ... and 5 days later it stopped working again. I called them back out and they claimed this was a new issue, and therefore needed to pay another service fee... Here we are, 2 weeks later, and the system has stopped working entirely. They charged ANOTHER service fee, took our system apart and disconnected it from the home and said it needed to be replaced but we would have to wait through the weekend, it is now Monday and they are refusing to fix anything saying it is 'too hard to access', but their technician didn't have trouble taking our system apart.

Oh and don't bother paying extra for help to cover your pool... WHAT A JOKE! We have a pool guy who comes every month, and my husband maintains it in between... We had some monsoons, shortly after the pool started leaking DE into the pool... We paid the service fee, they sent out some terribly rude technicians, and then claimed they will not cover anything on the pool due to "improper maintenance care". They never did an inspection on the system when I bought the home, but again will do anything they can to fight having to actually fix anything.

I've now spend countless hours on hold with OneGuard and still have no AC and a broken pool. This month alone they charged me close to $500 in service fees and informed us today that they will not be covering anything. They claim the AC is 'too hard to access' and that the pool was 'not maintained properly'... Even though we have a pool guy who comes bi-weekly. Again if you're looking for a home warranty - BE WARNED.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Danielle of Phoenix, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing OneGuard the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and servicing our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. OneGuard confirmed that access is required to complete repairs to the air conditioning system; however, access is not covered by the warranty. We have also confirmed that the malfunction to the pool filter was not the result of normal wear and tear conditions, and coverage was not extended in accordance with the service plan. Lastly, we have verified that the request for the refrigerator was finalized. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing OneGuard to provide this additional explanation. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I've been with OneGuard since they came into existence here in the valley. I used to belong to ServiceOne and they took over OneGuard. I've had really good experience with OneGuard. I only had one bad experience recently with one vendor, but they're still working on it. It’s a bit slow, but aside from that, I have good experience. One thing OneGuard could improve on is making sure that their resolution department does call people back because twice, I didn't get a call back. I finally got someone the other day. If there is a problem, we need a phone number or a person that we could call and get through to in these tough time. But they've always been giving great service other than that. I love that they always respond quickly and that the vendors have all been reliable. So, I've been very happy with them.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Barbara of Sun City West, Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I pick up my phone or go on a web browser and enter a ticket. It's drop-dead simple to enter a service request online. I have a recall pending right now. A sprinkler repair guy, what he fixed isn't fixed. So, I just had to have them come back out. But I'm sure it's just something he overlooked. So far, so good. My air conditioner is working great. That's the last thing that I had done. The tech fixed it. I was shocked I got same day service. And the guy took 20 minutes to fix it. I got lucky and dodged a bullet. We wouldn't be alive without air conditioning, because we're in Texas and it's freaking hot. You have to do your own research because there are other warranty companies out there, but I've used OneGuard and had success.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear William of Mckinney, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties! It is always our most distinct pleasure to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs and we appreciate your thoughtful testimony. We are also happy to report that the latest service request was successfully completed. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I've had a couple of claims with OneGuard and it was awesome. The experience has been good overall. Every time the contractors have been out to the house, they have been professional and outstanding. They have gone above and beyond what was expected. I'm looking forward to extending my service with them after the year is up.

OneGuard Home Warranties response

Dear Tracy of Phoenix, Thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such positive testimony regarding your excellent customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and our outstanding contractors! Our top priority is to provide a level of service that exceeds your expectations, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

OneGuard Home Warranties Company Information