2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

4.8/5 (526 ratings)

About Milgard

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Top Milgard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate th...

Verified

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we ...

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I contacted Milgard via email on 2/11. I received a call on 2/12 and the representative walked me through getting the information she needed including the window number and a more accurate description of the problem. She waited while I viewed a video she sent on how to complete the repair on my own. I didn't want to do the repair so she ordered the balancer and scheduled a service call. The earliest service date was 4/20. The part arrived on 2/24 and on 2/25 the service person- Hector- called to say he was in the area and could do the repair that morning. He was patient and polite as I made arrangements to have someone at the house since I was not at home. He was in and out in 5 minutes. I'm delighted to have the problem resolved within 2 weeks instead of waiting 2 months. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

One of the windows we installed in our home nine years ago began to reveal several hand prints between the panes. I intended to purchase a new pane but the place from which we had purchased our windows told us to contact Milgard. They said this sounded like a seal failure - something Milgard guarantees against as long the window is still with the original owner.

From beginning to end the process was simple, efficient, and effortless. The online instructions were clear and within a week after submitting I received phone and email notification of when we were scheduled for service. The technician arrived early within the time frame we had been given and he called 45 minutes before his arrival to give us an estimate of his actual arrival time. He was friendly and very professional and had the window replaced in short order. The whole process took less than 20 minutes. I wish everything in life could go so smoothly. Thanks

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I contacted VIVAX, my installer in August as my French Door had become misaligned and was striking the threshold and the other door. They came out and made an adjustment on August 17th, which helped, but did not entirely solve the problem. They said they needed to get Milgard to come out for further adjustment and that it would take 2-3 weeks.

I finally got a call from you last week, and we scheduled for October 19. (9weeks) The guys were here early, but I was able to meet them. They looked at it, made an adjustment, and the problem is fixed. About 10 minutes. They were polite and efficient and as I told them I am happy. Other than the very long wait time, I am happy with the service, and I do love the windows. I suspect the delay was at least partly on the part of VIVAX, who also did some painting and repairs on my home besides the window install. It took me a year and a half to get the job done properly..

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Milgard is one of the very best companies I have dealt with in my almost 80 years on this planet. Your factory customer service representatives and the level of service they provide is truly magnificent. When I have called with an issue, like a lost seal on a window or door, they have my records immediately available and to clarify might ask “...is this the window to the right or left of the picture window on the North side of the ‘sunroom’ (even though they are both the same size)."

Regarding your field service representative in this area, I cannot say or find enough positive words about Marc **. He is courteous, knows his business, is polite, communicates well and is efficient, clean and neat about his work. Milgard has selected a fine employee and service agent to represent your company. I have been pleased every day that I chose Milgard windows for my home. They were installed in ~2005 timeframe. If your marketing department is ever in need of a model home to represent your product or wish to have a ‘customer-testimonial’, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Bernardo **

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

We were recently broken into because the Milgard door installed in the kitchen didn't lock the same way as our other doors did. Also, the installer didn't do a good job installing and left a huge gap in between the two doors. I called the following day to have one of the technicians to perform an assessment and fix the issues. I didn't have a good experience the first time I called. I was put on hold for at 45 minutes, only to find out that Milgard couldn't help me unless I open a ticket. I tried to open a ticket while I had her on the line and but I couldn't find the number. The person I spoke with made me so frustrated because she refused to help me. She was rude, talked over me, had no compassion, even though I told her we were just robbed and I really needed help to fix the door. Instead, she hung up on me after having me wait so long! That was so unprofessional!

I called back. I asked for supervisor but I was transferred to the SALES department. I don't know why I was transferred there. The only obvious reason why is (1) no one wants to help me (2) your receptionists are not properly trained well to handle calls (3) everyone is just lazy and don't care about anything and will just transfer you anywhere to get you off their backs. Luckily I spoke with a girl named Erin who really helped me out. She kept her word, literally walked my information to the right department and had someone come out here the following day. She was very helpful and understood why I was so upset. Even the guy who came out was nice. I really want to thank them both.

All I ask is that all our information in your system appeared to be incorrect and Erin had difficulties locating our orders. I would like to straighten out the door information we have on file so we don't have to deal with this again. Thank you for listening. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact at **. PS: the stars are only meant for Erin and the technician who came and fixed our doors. All the other staff I encountered with, I would give them 0 stars if I could. I'm really glad I was put through to Erin.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This company does not honor their warranty, they do this by trying to frustrate a customer to go away. It seems a regular practice by them, and why because they have so many failed products that to honor warranties would be a major loss to this dishonest company. In my case upper management has even lied, manipulated and displayed spite, but I’m not giving in, will continue pursue sunlight on this dark dishonest company. I might also add that they have employees write favorable reviews, and they get published, so crooked.

Milgard response
      Hello Ron,
      Our customer service team has been trying to reach you to reach a resolution. Please check your email for communication to set up a time to discuss. We look forward to resolving your case.
      Thanks,

Milgard Social Team

Original review: June 21, 2021

Don't buy Milgard windows. Fake Warranty and cheap quality. They said their price is higher because of their quality. In their showrooms in Home Depot they hangs some nice windows but when you get foolish and order the windows the quality is too low and far from their AD. Another issue is their warranty. They don't accept almost anything but they said lifetime warranty!!! I bought some windows on Jan 2021 and it take 6 weeks to they delivered them to homedepot then 2 weeks to delivered them to my house then it take a week to I schedule for installer and when I installed them one of them has handle issue.

I took the sash to homedepot and asked about the handle issue. They contact company and they said it past one month and it don't have warranty while they said LIFETIME warranty and it was clear that they didn't installed the handle to the sash correctly but they didn't accept that is their issue and said it is what it is. Anyway, $300 for new sash with handle and it is two months that my window is without sash (Jun 2021) and they still changing the delivery time week by week (delay delivery). I believe, If they sent it by fleet from the other side of USA I'm sure it was delivered a month ago. I'm just worry about the other window if something happen and what I can do with them because I can't find any part of these windows and company is not responsible for anything.

Milgard response

I'm sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to the standards we expect. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Very professional and excellent service. I would highly recommend them to my friends. They were quick, cleaned up after themselves and did an excellent job. They showed up as scheduled and were very courteous as well as being very professional. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: March 5, 2021

2 sliding windows were replaced which had mold inside. Second time a slider had to be replaced. So glad we have a lifetime warranty. Somehow the first request for replacement was lost but with the second request and additional window involved, even though it was during Covid 19 time, repairman came out and took care of the problem in no time.

Dear customer service,

Thank you for always taking care of my window replacements under warranty since I am the original homeowner who built this home. The improvements your engineering teams have made to the windows should provide a longer life cycle to the products you provide to your customer. I would recommend your company/products to anyone who is interested in purchasing windows. Keep up the great work.

Best regards,