4.2/5 (2595 ratings)

About Milgard

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Find Windows and Doors near you

Top Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Verified

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate th...

Verified

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we ...

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

This company replaced some windows in a neighborhood home. When they left, they did not secure their truck properly and deposited a huge trail of sharp broken glass along our neighborhood street and then onto connecting streets for over one mile. Calls from the neighbor who had the glass replacement and from our HOA were not responded to, despite the emergency nature of the situation. Ultimately, a team of neighbors was left to do all the cleanup over many hours of multiple days. This is an extremely sloppy and incredibly irresponsible company. Avoid like the plague.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

We ordered Milgard windows for my parents in 2015 and have several problems with them leaking. We have another window leaking into a bedroom this year and a big storm is coming and all they have to say is that they do not do emergency service. That I have to create an online request. When I submitted an online request I received an automated reply that it may take several weeks to process our request and that if this was an emergency to call the 1-800 number. I am not usually one to complain but this is ridiculous! BUYER BEWARE!!

Milgard response

Hi Martha - sorry to hear about your challenge getting warranty service. If there's anything we can do to assist, please email us at social@milgard.com.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Jan. 5, 2023

Contacted Milgard and resolved matter with their warranty department in Tualatin OR. Warranty exclusions for broken glass was somewhat ambiguous in context (in my opinion) and I misconstrued the applicable coverage. I don't know why earlier glass breakage was covered, but it's time to move on.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Filed claim for cracked inner window pane. No apparent cause. I'm the original owner of the house bought in 1993. Windows have full lifetime warranty to original property owner. The claim was rejected with statement that all glass breakage is unwarrantable-regardless of cause. In my opinion, this contradicts the published warranty for windows bought between March 1, 1988 and Oct 1. 1995. Only exclusions detailed for this time period are for misuse, improper installation or acts of nature. To my knowledge, none of these conditions have been substantiated, and no physical examination has been undertaken aside from a couple of nondescript photos submitted with the claim. A previous claim for a cracked window filed in 2016 was covered by warranty without question. It appears Milgard's reputation for customer service is slipping. A company's reputation is only as good as it's customer service!

Milgard response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take all customer feedback seriously and we are reviewing the information you've provided. Please email us at social@milgard.com if there's anything we can do to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

We recently purchased top of the line Fiberglass Milgard casement windows for our remodel which came with a lifetime warranty. All of our new windows are fading in color. The dark espresso color is turning white. We attempted to file a claim, but Milgard outsourced their warranty to department to a third party. A technician showed up who told us the paint was not covered; he had no clue about the warranty and hardly knew anything about Milgard products. The warranty company then came back and said they would paint our windows. This is not an option for us. Beware of Milgard’s warranty.

Milgard response

Hi Mike - We’re so sorry to hear that you had this issue. Milgard stands behind our products with industry leading warranties. I'm not quite sure what third-party you're referencing, but would recommend that you call the Milgard Customer Service team to get clear guidance on a resolution for your issue. You can reach them at 1-800-MILGARD (645-4273).

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Milgard does not stand behind their windows. I had a full house of Milgard windows installed and the frame on one of them started cracking. I filed a warranty claim based on the fact that the warranty for the windows said this was clearly covered: "fiberglass frames: 10 years for excessive peeling, checking, cracking, chalking, fading, or color change."

After waiting a month for Milgard to respond to the claim, I ended up having to call them. After a couple hours on hold and getting hung up on by the first person that picked up, I finally got to someone. The entire conversation was the company trying to get out of paying for a warranty claim. First they claimed it was shipping damage. After I mentioned it had been installed for quite some time and there hadn't been damage the entire time, they decided to go away and then claim it was still not covered because it was a 'nonmanufacturing defect' and that the person I was speaking to was denying my claim. If their warranty claims cracks in the frame are covered, I'm confused how a crack in the frame of my window couldn't be covered. So, now I guess I have to pay for a new window to get installed. In any case, if you're looking for new windows, I'd avoid Milgard in the future. They clearly don't stand behind their products.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I am a lic. General contractor in the Lincoln ca area. I have installed Milgard windows for many years with no issues. 0. Now I am replacing windows in my mom's house she has owned since new. After a 4 month wait they cancel the window replacement (under warranty) the day before and reschedule for another 2 months later. Being a contractor in Del Webb Lincoln Hills I have seen this many times. Same game. Schedule and cancel. Original owners are few in Del Webb now that it is going on 20 yrs. This has me reconsidering the product I choose. I have used milgard most of the time and the lifetime warranty is nice as long as your original owner. Windows in question have become fogged up in between the glass. The windows look like someone tried to clean them and didn't get them dry. Mike

Milgard response

Hi Michael - sorry to hear about your experience. Please email us service case # and any additional details at social@milgard.com so that we can look into this for you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Milgard windows fogged and Tuscany French doors leaked and they did not honor the warranty. The warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on. They always find an excuse to claim it’s not covered by their warranty

Milgard response

We're so sorry to hear of the frustration. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We placed a warranty repair order in 3/21 with Millard customer service. Numerous appointments have been scheduled only to be cancelled on the day of the appointment with no new rescheduled appointment available when customer service calls. As well as to no reason as to why. Again today we received the text message confirming our appointment only to have it cancelled 15 minutes prior to our appointment time. Please stop scheduling appointments you have NO intentions to keep. Be accountable!

Hello Melinda,

We are so sorry to hear that this has happened. Please email us at social@milgard.com with your case number so I can help.

Milgard Windows and Doors

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Contacted our local dealer for replacement windows. A month later they had not arrived, because the rep did not order them. Called their main office in Washington state. A nice lady said she would order them. A month later, they are not here. She says it will be 3 weeks more because--she hadn't actually ordered them. They "don't do" rush orders, even when they are at fault. We are wondering if this is actually a scam to save the company money. They simply say they'll order them again and again but they do not. We're going to be 3 months in and no replacement windows and nobody at Milgard cares. The worst, most inefficient, unconcerned customer care you will ever find. Buy from someone who honors their promises...Someone else.

Milgard response

We are so sorry that you are having trouble getting assistance with warranty service. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case number so I can look into this right away. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Before you order Milgard "specialty glass" products, e.g. grooved or glass with blinds etc. read the lifetime warranty fine print. Milgard does not warranty these items. My 5 year old Tuscany series French Rail patio door glass with blinds spontaneously shattered during an extended heat wave due to thermal stress. Warranty repair denied by Milgard for fine print warranty details.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Milgard Company Information