3.77/5
Based on 503 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

661 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 22, 2018

Fair... I do not think you were fair with us. We ordered this window Oct. 9th. We just had it adjusted July 13th. I have never heard of so many excuses why this did not get fixed sooner. The tech that installed the new panels and locks was very nice. Am I satisfied....No!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 21, 2018

I would like to thank James ** for making two trips out here in one day to solve the problem and for his very quick and professional service. He was polite and to the point and did not waste time at the job. Quick and clean. He will no doubt be a valuable employee for Milgard in Hawaii. Having been raised in a very diverse rural environment he can easily communicate with the people of Hawaii.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We are so pleased with the service provided by the Milgard techs today (Sliding door/window replacement). They were very thorough, professional, helpful and efficient as well as respectful of us and our home. Best of all, they were earlier than expected, which was great since we have plans for later. A huge thanks to both of them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

The team that arrived to replace the rolls on my Milgard patio door were amazing! They were professional, fast and friendly. They went above and beyond my expectations and even tightened the door handle and glued a side panel that had come loose. This door is 10 years old and everything was covered by the Milgard lifetime warranty, no questions asked! I now know I will be replacing all my windows with the Milgard brand when that time comes.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Repairman was on time, knowledgeable and worked until he had the matter resolved with lock. Checked other windows where moisture had entered and glass is becoming cloudy and/or discolored. Identified numbers on windows and amount needed. Told me to order online with numbers for new appointment. Very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: July 19, 2018

We were helped by Tim ** and his team. They have replaced total of 7 large and small windows. Unfortunately one of them had to be redone but Tim understood the problem and very willingly replaced it. Overall they did a very good job and love my new windows. Thank you Tim and his team!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I called Milgard in April of 2018 to request placement windows for warrantied windows that had fogged. I was told someone named Cornelius would call me/email me in May with installation information and to call back at the end of May if I had not received any information. I called the first week of June stating no one had called me and that my windows were in Illinois. Cornelius would be contacting me about installation. No one contacted me. I called towards the end of June/beginning of July, same information. I just called yesterday, July 18 and was told that the glass manufacture was behind and the Customer Service rep began to relate how someone had been waiting since April for their install. I reminded her that I was a customer with a similar problem and wanted this resolved.

Once again, Cornelius is supposed to contact me. I am so frustrated with this company and was surprised to see so many four and five star reviews. Perhaps they are only for new work and not warranty work. This has been an enormous disappointment and certainly an experience that will inform any conversations I have with others that are looking for a reputable company for windows. I have had to initiate all calls to find out the status, the customer service personnel did not give me an order number or any sort of information that let me know my failed windows under warranty were even being addressed, the run around from the customer service people has been absolutely disgusting.

Milgard response

Hi Laura - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been going through getting service for your windows. Can you please email me at social@milgard.com so I can help? Thank you.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We ordered the 10168 Bald Eagle Trail window 5/9/18 and now we still don't have the window. First window arrived yesterday and it was the wrong size. This is very disappointing. Service to install the window is top notch. This negative review is on the factory. 4 yrs ago - we never had an issue with the window replacement. We could contact the service person, give them the address, indicate what window in the house needed replacement, and in 3 weeks, we would have it replaced. Understand now that the window numbers in our file for the house do not match the windows we have installed in the house.

Milgard response

Hi Craig, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you've been having with your replacements. Please email me at social@milgard.com so that I can help look into this issue for you.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Slider wasn't seating properly when closed. Your technicians who came to the house knew exactly what was wrong. They fixed the problem in a few minutes time and was then off to the next call. Their professionalism and knowledge of Milgard products was a breath of fresh air. Your company's Customer Service is the best!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

For the second time now Milgard has replaced insulated windows that lost their seal. Installer (Andy ? I think) was courteous, prompt efficient and professional. However, you guys could stand to use drop cloths under your work.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Replace track on patio door. Repairman was very courteous, professional, and was very conscious of keeping everything clean. He was even EARLY for the appointment time. Hope that all of your employees are as good at their jobs. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Amazing service. Excellent workmanship and work ethic. Second time with the same service provider and cannot say enough great things about the entire process. Disappointed that Milgard products are failing but kudos to company for standing behind their product. Service team is A+.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I was very happy with the aftermarket service. I was treated well and given many options for the repair, the customer service was exceptional, courteous, and professional! Repair parts are being sent and I was shown a video on how to make adjustments that might make the actual repair unneeded.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We had a 10 year-old window that fogged up between panes. Milgard has been so helpful and easy to work with for its replacement! The technician, Leo, arrived right on time and swapped the new window for the old in no time at all. Very courteous and friendly (and put booties on his shoes before walking up the carpeted stairs!). Fantastic response to our problem, all 100% covered by their amazing warranty.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We had Blake provide excellent customer service in putting in new tracks for our sliding door that we could hardly open anymore. We appreciate him and his service and your warranty! However, we were told the reason we had such a long wait for the repair (almost 3 months) was because you would need to send 2 technicians to work on the door as it cannot be done with one person. Blake ended up by himself and rather than cancel on us, made it work... However that should not have happened to him or us! It's not fair to your employee and you really need to correct this before it happens again and someone gets hurt. On top of that you only sent 3 handles instead of 4 with him and now we have to wait again to receive that. Please work on this and please try and offer quicker appointment times in the future and you will nail it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My Milgard windows fogged. The service rep was more interested in invalidating the warranty than in determining why the product failed. 3 calls to the appropriate supervisor received ZERO replies. A promise to help from a different supervisor (that took another 3 calls) simply resulted in a formulaic email response with a link to Milgard Dealers and more warranty jargon. Their only offer was to send out a tech to estimate cost of replacement which they said would be at least $300 NOT including parts and labor. Huh? What else is there to a job besides parts and labor? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER and they DON'T stand behind their product.

Milgard response

Hi Terry - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble. The Full Lifetime Warranty is for the person who purchases the windows. We offer secondary owners assistance through a Milgard Dealer if they need to purchase replacements on their own. If you would like to reference complete warranty details for the year your windows were installed, please see our website. Or, if you have further questions, I can help at social@milgard.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The two technicians arrived on schedule and immediately started removing the old glass. One cleaned the new window while the other cleaned the old tape out of the window channels. They attached a suction device to the new window and installed it from the inside. The whole operation took less than an hour. They were very professional and had the correct tools to do the job -- high marks for a job well done.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Had black mold type build up across the bottom of the big picture window where the trim piece is in master bedroom and thought there was a track problem with the window next to it. The repair person replaced the springs on the small window to ensure it would work properly. Once he did that he tested it to make sure it opened and closed properly and smoothly.

The repair person then took the trim piece off the large window and found water in that area, which appears to be coming from sprinkler over spray outside. He cleaned the entire area up, had me adjust down the sprinklers that are throwing water on the window as well as sealed the outside part of the window where the water hits with silicone in hopes that these things will solve the black mold type build up on the inside of the window. Hopefully this will solve these problems.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Milgard is a first class company that is really concerned with customer service and satisfaction. I have a window wall that is 16 feet high and 18 feet wide. This is an east facing elevation, but the heat from the central California's climate is exceptionally high. The paint on the fascia has peeled off twice in 12 years. I now have metal fascia trim with powder coating to deal with the severe heat. Well, somewhere along the line, the windows blew a seal. I had bought these from a box store and put them in myself. I did not know what to do!

While I was at the glass shop getting a window repaired for my trailer, I mentioned my problem. The gentleman at Clovis Glass said all I had to do was send pictures of the manufacturing tag inside the window, and Milgard would take care of the issue. I called Milgard, sent the photos of the tags in on an email, and poof, I got new windows. While the technicians were at my house, they found 3 other windows that needed repair. Remember, the temps are around 105 - 110 in the summer, but Milgard replaced the windows at no charge to me. I know, I will always purchase Milgard for my window needs. Thank you Milgard windows for the great care and concern you provided in times where service is not high regarded by manufactures.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Service was excellent! Took the time to explain complete mechanism of window. I am 64 year old woman & a DIY - which while cleaning my upstairs windows clips broke & (1) was off track. Polite and informative, explaining that bugs eat the screens & remove them unless using them. He even left me some clips for future problems. I plan to purchase other windows & door from Milgard. You can’t beat a lifetime warranty.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2018

I had a Milgard french door installed on May 24, 2018. It was such poor quality workmanship. I took pictures and forwarded to the Milgard sales representative, who said he would put a "rush" order through and get another door. It's currently July 13, my french door has been backordered three times. The latest was last week with no ETA in sight. This is absolutely unacceptable Milgard, I've got the outside of my house which has been torn up for the entire summer and they simply keep backordering this door. There is no recourse, I haven't even had one phone call or follow-up from your sales representative, horrible service.

Milgard response

Hi Colleen - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been going through. Can you please email me at social@milgard.com so I can help? Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Repair person seemed unhappy. He told me it wasn’t a lock. It was a night latch that had broken (on this warranted window less than 2 years old) and that he couldn’t/wouldn’t repair it because "we don’t make these any more". I really don’t care if you don’t make them anymore! You made this and I want it fixed. He left.

Milgard response

Hi Richard - Thank you for letting us know what happened. I'm not sure why the tech said it couldn't be repaired. Your window is covered under the Full Lifetime Warranty for any defects in materials. Can you please email me at social@milgard.com so I can help? Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The gentleman who came out was very helpful and fixed the problem, temporarily. But he showed me why it was installed wrong and the fix may not last. So the installers did a lousy job, but the repair guy you sent was great.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I placed a call to a warranty representative and my call was answered immediately and an appointment set up for replacement of window. I received a confirmation by email and a phone call reminder when the service rep would be at my home. He arrived on time, replaced window and I could not have been more satisfied. I have always had pleasant experiences with Milgard and recommend them highly!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

We installed Milgard windows almost 15 years ago and just recently noticed some discoloration in the glass. One phone call to Milgard and our glass was replaced at no cost. The technician arrived at the appointed time, was very friendly, and did a great job. Great customer service!! Would recommend Milgard to everyone.

Original review: July 11, 2018

It took over a year to get the issue with four large multi-unit windows resolved on a residence. The initial windows had aluminum glass stops that were not installed in a good craftsman like way. They were too short in places, not seated flat (angled out), hammered in place and dented on some (where they were cut too tight). It took several appointments before an outside contractor was hired by Milgard to fix the issues - even then this sub left before completing all the fixes and had to be called back. On previous appointments with a Milgard crew, they showed up not knowing anything about the issues and then later showed up without the necessary equipment and materials on more than one occasion. It was a generally exhausting process for myself - the architect - and the clients.

Milgard response

Hi Robert - Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what happened. We will talk to the Milgard Dealer you used for installation about this matter and also make improvements regarding outside contractors we employ. If you have further questions, please contact me at social@milgard.com so I can help. Thank you. Joann W. - Milgard Social Team

Original review: July 11, 2018

Ty has been to my home three times and I can't say enough nice things about him. Very efficient, prides himself on his customer service. He had to replace a window twice and adjusted my french door. He also replaced three windows for my neighbor. Two other employees came to replace a window for a neighbor - their customer service was bad. They told me to call a contractor to fix a door. Ty took care of it. High 5's to Ty.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Had to have a new piece of glass install in one of our windows. They took care of the problem in a fair amount of time. This is not the first time i needed a replacement, and they have always taken care of us.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My Milgard service experience was excellent. Several windows needed replacing including one that had a crazed outer pane. The service was done promptly and correctly. I am the original owner of our house which was built in 1995.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2018

Starting with quote from Lighthouse Windows 10-8-17 and having Lighthouse back again 7-9-18. We have been in the process of having our defective Milgard windows repaired. In February (2-16-18) we submitted the quote from Lighthouse to order replacement windows, talked to June on 3-27-18 to check on order. Called again on 3-28-18 were told no glass had arrived. Called 4-6-18 to schedule. On 4-13-18 men came to repair windows and found that the glass would not fit, and were informed that the new glass would be reordered and that it should be in in three days. After calling and calling spoke to June 6-18-18 was told no glass had been received. Same answer on 6-20-18. Finally the new schedule was for 7-9-18. Yet again the men came and the glass does not fit. This is not the way to run a Company. Milgard is not a company if you want results. We really need help!

Milgard response

Hello Barbara - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been going through. Can you email me at social@Milgard.com so I can get your sales order number with Lighthouse Windows and help get this resolved? Thank you.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information