4.2/5 (2590 ratings)

About Milgard

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Top Milgard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate th...

Verified

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we ...

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Milgard windows fogged and Tuscany French doors leaked and they did not honor the warranty. The warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on. They always find an excuse to claim it’s not covered by their warranty

Milgard response

We're so sorry to hear of the frustration. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We placed a warranty repair order in 3/21 with Millard customer service. Numerous appointments have been scheduled only to be cancelled on the day of the appointment with no new rescheduled appointment available when customer service calls. As well as to no reason as to why. Again today we received the text message confirming our appointment only to have it cancelled 15 minutes prior to our appointment time. Please stop scheduling appointments you have NO intentions to keep. Be accountable!

Hello Melinda,

We are so sorry to hear that this has happened. Please email us at social@milgard.com with your case number so I can help.

Milgard Windows and Doors

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Contacted our local dealer for replacement windows. A month later they had not arrived, because the rep did not order them. Called their main office in Washington state. A nice lady said she would order them. A month later, they are not here. She says it will be 3 weeks more because--she hadn't actually ordered them. They "don't do" rush orders, even when they are at fault. We are wondering if this is actually a scam to save the company money. They simply say they'll order them again and again but they do not. We're going to be 3 months in and no replacement windows and nobody at Milgard cares. The worst, most inefficient, unconcerned customer care you will ever find. Buy from someone who honors their promises...Someone else.

Milgard response

We are so sorry that you are having trouble getting assistance with warranty service. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case number so I can look into this right away. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Before you order Milgard "specialty glass" products, e.g. grooved or glass with blinds etc. read the lifetime warranty fine print. Milgard does not warranty these items. My 5 year old Tuscany series French Rail patio door glass with blinds spontaneously shattered during an extended heat wave due to thermal stress. Warranty repair denied by Milgard for fine print warranty details.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Ordered Milgard windows from Kelseyville Lumber. 1 window is on back order, it’s almost been 3 weeks..this might happen to you…Had I known about the NON COMPLETE window order I would of used someone else for my windows.. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Dan

Original review: July 18, 2022

Installed all new windows in 2004, casement windows have all failed. Cranks are stripped, have been trying for a very long time to get someone out to fix the windows. Every window with a crank is not working plus several have dual pain failure. This is a vacation home, I flew in for scheduled appointment and Customer Service forgot to call me for a 2 hr schedule. Called customer service on hold for over an hour to get through…lifetime warranty is only good if their customer service department is reachable. CRAZY!

Milgard response

Original review: July 6, 2022

We paid over $34k for new windows that were installed three months ago and we are still waiting for the four screen doors for our sliding doors. In addition we had to have three different windows for one of our windows before they could send us one that wasn’t broken on arrival. This also took months before they got us a unbroken window. The last two days we had an appointment to deliver our screen doors and yesterday they gave us a four hour window and then couldn’t make that time and re-scheduled for another four hour window today. This time they just didn’t even show up and there was no communication to reschedule or to let us know they were not going to make it. My time is valuable too, and this is unacceptable.

Milgard response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case number so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Milgard does not train their sales people as to how to install windows and screens. The screens were the wrong size from the beginning and Milgard does does not guarantee them. Then they need to train their sales people how to measure and install the windows and screens correctly. The headquarters does not take responsibility for their out of state sales people so I had to buy new screens to make sure they are installed correctly. I would NEVER recommend windows from Milgard.

Hello Sharon

Milgard does not employ direct sales team members as we do not sell directly to homeowners. If you have encountered a problem with your screen size, we encourage you to speak with the Dealer that you worked with to order the windows to work towards a resolution. If there is a manufacturer's defect in materials or workmanship, the screens are usually guaranteed for 1 year. If you'd like to learn more about your warranty coverage, please call our service team direct at 1-800-MILGARD.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Milgard sprays paint on vinyl windows and doors and then the paint chips off unless the window or door does not have any exposure to the sun or rain. After months of trying to remedy the situation they send someone out and they touch up the areas that are chipping. The painters admitted that the paint will chip again. To finally have someone come out to paint is very inconvenient and takes an inordinate amount of time scheduling and nagging. A year has passed and paint is chipping off again and in new places. And I expected to do this every year? The warranty on paint is 10 years and then what?? I have literally been contacting them with paint issues since the windows and doors were installed.

I HATE buying products from businesses when they KNOW they are selling a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. I hate that I have to spend time dealing with a company that knowingly manufactured and sold a product that they knew would not work-paint will not stay on vinyl - I live in a very moderate climate and if I know this - how can they not know this. Of course, Milgard knows they are passing off substandard products. I just hate that my time is going to be taking them to court and suing to replace my windows and doors. Not the way I want to live my life…and the big business goes untouched just taking advantage of person after person. I can’t be the only person with vinyl windows and doors with paint that doesn’t adhere. I wish people could come together for a class-action lawsuit.

Milgard response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take all customer feedback very seriously and we are reviewing the information you've provided to make improvements. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I have Milgard WoodClad fiberglass windows. They were the top of the line, the best they had to offer, so said the rep. and I believed him after I got the price, but I was building my home to last. So far they have been here at lease 6 times to replace 22 windows. They were here 4 months ago and now I have another faulty window. WORSE is I have MOLD growing on the wood. Their rep (Tim) tells me it is because I wash my windows! WHAT? So be careful not to use Windex and paper towels, that causes mold and moisture in between the glass! Oh also I hope you live in a completely dry climate that gets no rain. The miters all leak! They are stained with water from rain leaking in. The Sheetrock inside has bubbled. Tim says it is my fault because again how I wash my windows!!!!

I complained to the BBB and Milgard doesn’t care, I went on Facebook and they BLOCKED me, and erased my comments. Oh and I didn’t mention that the installer never gave me my screens, Milgard said tough luck and I had to pay for them myself from a custom screener. Don’t use Milgard, they talk a good game and they also are really good at the internet game. They drench the Internet with great comments and ads, we have built 4 large custom homes and work with a lot of custom builders. Milgard is trash. They used to be a pretty good name but over the last 10 years they have become the worse.

Milgard response

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to find a solution to this issue right away. Can you please send us an email at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case number?

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Milgard Company Information