4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

Milgard Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 30, 2019

I have all Milgard windows in my house and called because I had what appeared to The scratches on the window that look like they were on the outside pane but I cannot feel them. When I called to make the claim, I got the rudest representative I’ve had in many years. It was to the point where she told me I was lying that I had had a window replaced once under warranty with them (only to find that claim subsequently; and never apologized) and that they never told me I had lifetime warranty (even though Milgard and rep during the prior replacement confirmed it).

I asked to speak to the initial call-taker’s supervisor and she basically responded that there’s no need for that because she had already told me the way it is. I did receive a call from a supervisor (name was Gwen I believe) almost one week later and she was apologetic and helpful. In the end, Milgard did make it right by replacing the window. I hope they have fired the original person I talked to, however. Her attitude/behavior was abysmal.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Had a thermopane window that apparently had a seal leak as moisture would build up in it overnight in cool weather. Our technician called before he came, was able to get here early, was very friendly & efficient. He called to check if it was ok to come early. The amount of time that elapsed from the time of his call until he was finished & left our house was only 25 minutes! That is very efficient. He cleaned up after he was finished. Great service!!

I do want to mention that when we called your office to schedule getting the window replaced, the girl answering the call really tried to talk us out of needing a replacement. She tried to convince us over & over that there was no problem. We are the original owner of this house. We were persistent & refused to buy into her idea that a window that had no problems for 16 years but was now accummulating moisture in the thermopane was just fine. She kept repeating that it was just fine. We really felt that she believed it was her job to convince us not to replace because the windows are under warranty for free replacement. Is this what they are taught to do?? Not impressed!!

Original review: March 31, 2019

Delivery and install was great. The installer would fit any ideal expectation that a customer would have! The timing for the whole process was long - exactly 30 days. Local supplier sent service to measure and confirm needed glass then entered info into Milgard's system. Call from very polite and informative customer service informed very well.

However, because the lifetime warranty is valid only for the first owner, they looked up my address in "some database" and reported to me that I was not the first owner. They gave me the name of my next door neighbor who built 2 years ago. I bought this lot over 10 years ago and built house 5 years ago. Title has always been in our name. Customer service questioned my being first owner and wanted proof in the form of "something from escrow". I sent appropriate paperwork. I have NOT heard back if adequate. I also asked customer service [and emailed] a request for the name of the database where they looked up ownership of my property. NO RESPONSE. I checked county and other records. Ownership is correct. Please let me know the source of your inaccurate information so I can have it corrected.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I cannot say enough about the service and professionalism from your staff. I called in to get a window lock repaired and sliding door screens installed and the young lady helping me was very kind and knowledgeable. She set my appointment and told me that two days before I would get an email confirming a 2 hour window for service which I received. Thursday, March 14th my doorbell rang in the PM and Alex, along with another tech said they were in the area and asked if they could perform the service a day early.

I was happy to see them and let them do the service I requested. Alex explained everything they were doing throughout the service call and when finished he took me and showed me what they had done. Once again, their level of professionalism was exemplary. I appreciate Milgard windows, the products they provided for my home during our construction and the follow up service after the fact. I would happily suggest to all my friends and family that if they ever need windows to please call Milgard first.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Customer satisfaction should begin with Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QA/QC). Sliding Glass Door arrived without weather stripping or door bumpers. The service representative that brought the weather stripping did not bring the door bumpers and suggest we cut a piece of wood for a bumper. The second service call forgot the door bumpers and said they will order and send them to me and I can install them. An incomplete assembly is a QA/QC problem, responsible employees are not checking their work.

One of the French Door sets was not checked for closure prior to shipping. The doors were installed and the weather stripping did not fit. New doors had to be made and reinstalled later in the project. The pine clad doors require coating in of which will cost another $200 (approximately, the work is not complete). This cost is picked up by the owner for something that should have never left your shop with adequate QA/QC. Two upper level windows, one Awning and one Casement, were missing parts. This is also a QA/QC problem. The product representative, Manzanita Lumber, did nothing to help with the above problems. We received no notification or communication regarding the repairs. I, the owner, had to call Milgard and request a manager to get a response and even at that the service response took months. I can send back up Schedule and Progress Reports regarding timing of notifications and requests.

The first service persons who worked on the Sliding Glass door on December 31, 2018, were uniformed and, at first, were reluctant to do anything. I repeatedly stated that the weather stripping/seal did not come with the original door. I was finally able to convince them of what was missing and the installed the weather stripping. However, they did not install the door bumpers. The first service visit was prompt and covered most of the window and door problems. However, the date set for repairs and reinstallation was missed by a month. We were told service and repairs would be made on 12/15 or 12/16/2018 and they occurred on 01/14/1019. We are pleased with the doors and the service personnel of 01/14/2019. They were friendly, efficient and thorough. They explained how all of the doors and windows work and rekeyed the replacement doors so one key would fit all doors.

In conclusion, and not to tell you how to run your business, but so much of the heart burn and multiple trips and my additional cost for recoating could have been avoided by having an effective QA/QC procedure. I have known Milgard since the days of aluminum windows and sliders and was recognized for the most inexpensive products. The company has come a long way. You are Oregon's own company and that's important to me that you represent our state as a quality supplier. In fact as a past member and chair of the City of Portland Design Commission, I was part of the approval process that saw vinyl windows used in mid to high rise buildings in the Pearl District. I hope my critique is helpful and I am hopeful that we will have years of trouble free access to our home and studio.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Submitted service request online opened case on July 8, 2019. September 30 was told window on still on backorder. Finally got an installation date of December 6. Five months waiting was disappointing. But besides that, the installation of the new window was awesome. Two wonderful gentlemen arrive and completed the job within 30 minutes. They even cleaned the window spotless.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

What a miserable experience with this company! We are the second owners of this house and needed windows replaced. Our neighbors who were 2nd owners had 10 windows replaced by the same company and all of theirs were covered and they were out of warranty time as well. Our claim was on July 5th and Milgard says our policy expired 7/19 and they will not cover the window. What an unethical business practice!

Milgard response

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. The Full Lifetime Warranty transfers for 10 years from the install date to 2nd owners. Perhaps your neighbors were still under the date range for warranty coverage. All warranty details are available on our website for reference. If you have further questions, I can help at social@milgard.com.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The whole experience has been painless. I needed a faulty window replaced. Andrew came out first but I had not measured correctly, so a return trip was needed. I was kept in the loop the whole time. Favian came yesterday and replaced the window. Both installers were on time, extremely polite and knowledgeable and personable. It has been a pleasure working with you. Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The last two houses I built I put in Milgard windows. They are a quality product and Milgard stands behind their warranty, and I am building another house next year and will definitely use Milgard again.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Thank you. The service guy was running early, which was great for us. Came with the replacement window needed, and also showed me why some of our windows were hard to open. He was in/out in record time. I'm sure it took him longer to drive to us than the repair time.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information