2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

Milgard Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We built a weekend home several hundred miles from our primary residence and chose the Milgard Hermosa line of windows because they are designed specifically for the challenging Texas climate, as well as the Tuscany sliding doors to maximize the view. There were issues with both the doors and windows from the start - the doors were difficult to open/lock and many of the small support blocks on the sides of the awning windows fell out when we first opened them. Some windows also off-center operator arms that made it difficult to crank them.

Milgard sent Sy out to help us from Dallas, which is a six hour drive - one way. He immediately recognized that our own contractor had failed to insert the stops for the sliding doors and had brought extras with him. They now work perfectly! He also explained that during factory assembly, sometimes the users of the screw guns who are securing the blocks in place are being cautious not to overtighten the screws and had all the blocks repositioned in short order. He also demonstrated similar magic on the operator arms, showing easy manual adjustments. We did a complete 180 from feeling like suckers for spending so much money on the windows to being beyond impressed with Milgard! Thank goodness for, and thank you to, Milgard Customer Service and Sy!

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have all Milgard windows in my house and called because I had what appeared to The scratches on the window that look like they were on the outside pane but I cannot feel them. When I called to make the claim, I got the rudest representative I’ve had in many years. It was to the point where she told me I was lying that I had had a window replaced once under warranty with them (only to find that claim subsequently; and never apologized) and that they never told me I had lifetime warranty (even though Milgard and rep during the prior replacement confirmed it).

I asked to speak to the initial call-taker’s supervisor and she basically responded that there’s no need for that because she had already told me the way it is. I did receive a call from a supervisor (name was Gwen I believe) almost one week later and she was apologetic and helpful. In the end, Milgard did make it right by replacing the window. I hope they have fired the original person I talked to, however. Her attitude/behavior was abysmal.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Had a thermopane window that apparently had a seal leak as moisture would build up in it overnight in cool weather. Our technician called before he came, was able to get here early, was very friendly & efficient. He called to check if it was ok to come early. The amount of time that elapsed from the time of his call until he was finished & left our house was only 25 minutes! That is very efficient. He cleaned up after he was finished. Great service!!

I do want to mention that when we called your office to schedule getting the window replaced, the girl answering the call really tried to talk us out of needing a replacement. She tried to convince us over & over that there was no problem. We are the original owner of this house. We were persistent & refused to buy into her idea that a window that had no problems for 16 years but was now accummulating moisture in the thermopane was just fine. She kept repeating that it was just fine. We really felt that she believed it was her job to convince us not to replace because the windows are under warranty for free replacement. Is this what they are taught to do?? Not impressed!!

Original review: March 31, 2019

Delivery and install was great. The installer would fit any ideal expectation that a customer would have! The timing for the whole process was long - exactly 30 days. Local supplier sent service to measure and confirm needed glass then entered info into Milgard's system. Call from very polite and informative customer service informed very well.

However, because the lifetime warranty is valid only for the first owner, they looked up my address in "some database" and reported to me that I was not the first owner. They gave me the name of my next door neighbor who built 2 years ago. I bought this lot over 10 years ago and built house 5 years ago. Title has always been in our name. Customer service questioned my being first owner and wanted proof in the form of "something from escrow". I sent appropriate paperwork. I have NOT heard back if adequate. I also asked customer service [and emailed] a request for the name of the database where they looked up ownership of my property. NO RESPONSE. I checked county and other records. Ownership is correct. Please let me know the source of your inaccurate information so I can have it corrected.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I cannot say enough about the service and professionalism from your staff. I called in to get a window lock repaired and sliding door screens installed and the young lady helping me was very kind and knowledgeable. She set my appointment and told me that two days before I would get an email confirming a 2 hour window for service which I received. Thursday, March 14th my doorbell rang in the PM and Alex, along with another tech said they were in the area and asked if they could perform the service a day early.

I was happy to see them and let them do the service I requested. Alex explained everything they were doing throughout the service call and when finished he took me and showed me what they had done. Once again, their level of professionalism was exemplary. I appreciate Milgard windows, the products they provided for my home during our construction and the follow up service after the fact. I would happily suggest to all my friends and family that if they ever need windows to please call Milgard first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

From first call to repair (of window balances and 3 fogged windows) it took 9 months. That time frame is really unacceptable. 5 stars to Ruben, who did the work though. He was always on time, efficient, and friendly.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

The fellows arrived on time and went right to work. They found that the material that was supposed to be inside the glass was actually outside and they were able to remove it. The screen door was actually the correct size and the installer just did not adjust it properly. These guys did and it now works fine.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

On the third try the correct replacement was sent with the installer Norm. I'll give you a ten for living up to the warranty, and persistence and a 2 for not sending the right window even given the number on old window.

Milgard response

So sorry your service needed three tries and glad that Norm was a great technician to get the job done. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what happened so we can make improvements. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Dual glaze warranty replacement. The guys were great doing the install. My only comment would be they didn't clean up at all. It was not a big mess however a little clean up would have made it an excellent service. Also cleaning the fingerprints off the glass also would have made it 5 star instead of 4.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I didnt have original invoice and our windows were installed by a contractor maybe 6-8 years ago. We noticed a defective window. I couldn't get live person but went thru the process. I submitted pics of window and the window number. I received a call back. No questions asked. An installation date was set up, and the new window was installed beautifully even though I wasn't present. Good job. Thanks.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information