3.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

958 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Both people out to the house were very professional and thorough. Dealing with the people in the office was a bit challenging because 1) the order # was not avail for my windows in question, 2) I got some callback messages but without any info so I'd have to call and get in the queue all over again - they could have left a brief message, not just call us back and 3) the time to wait for an appt was long on both accounts (review and install).

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Assess Leak in Slider - The techs let me know they could arrive early which was helpful. They explained the crack ran below the surface into the frame causing the leak, and was done during the previous install, and not covered by warranty. This was very disappointing to hear. However, they were upfront about this and said it could not be patched, and to contact an authorized dealer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The serviceman was on time and complete the tasks as required. He was not give all the parts for the latch but did have spare parts in the truck and was able to complete installing the latch without having to return another time.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Replacement of dual panes window - The process to report, wait, and installation took approximately two months. The first window delivered was not the correct size. The office could not locate the kitchen window dimensions in my file.

Milgard response

So sorry to hear about the trouble you've gone through. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will provide your feedback to the team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Window replacement - The technician arrived in the stated time frame and called to alert me when he was about 10 minutes away. He answered all my questions and replaced both windows in less than a half hour from arrival. A completely painless experience which makes me wish I had called much sooner!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have Milgard windows and they are a lifetime guarantee. Had some issues with a couple windows not closing, they are 12 years old... and called, got an appt, it was kind of far out but I wasn't in a rush. They arrived on time, a wonderful tech helped get my windows in ship-shop shape and he gave me some tips for keeping them in good shape. He had to manage around my shutters, warning when you get shutters you can't get your windows out w/o taking off the shutter. My tech was a pro and fixed my windows w/o having to take out my shutters.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Been looking thru the fogged window for 3 yrs. Serviceman arrived within scheduled time. Looked at paperwork said window will be replaced from the inside got his tools and the new window. Took his shoes off when entering home. Replaced window. Cleaned the window. Was here 15 mins tops. Should of had that window replaced 2yrs and 11 months ago.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

From the time we submitted our request to the time all windows were replaced, it took over 7 months to complete! Other than that, the customer service and repair team was easy to work with and very accommodating.

Milgard response

So sorry to hear about the delay. Glad to hear that your service is now complete. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had two windows that had lost their seals, resulting in fogging inside the panes of glass. Two workmen showed up at the allotted time (actually an hour early, which worked out great for me) and changed out the windows in about 10 minutes. The warranty is why I chose Milgard instead of another brand when I built my home.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Milgard is a great product. This is my second Milgard thermal break patio slider. They are beautiful and functional. I love the lifetime warranty too. Thanks Milgard! I would have given five stars, but the waiting list was a bit long. Worth the wait though.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Door lock not functioning. Repairman on time and fixed the lock and made sure everything was working correctly. Also, he was very knowledgeable and gave me some additional hints on how to keep the door opening smoothly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We built a new home in 2011 and the builder (D.R. Horton) used Milgard windows. During the first year, we noticed many of our windows had gaps on the edges (between the window and its frame). The edges of the window appeared to sag, exposing the gap. We submitted a warranty claim and Milgard responded quickly. The service rep explained the problem and said it was a manufacturing error. He showed us the exact part and how it was misplaced. He spent three or more hours resetting most of our main level windows.

He said others were not as bad but would need to be reset in the future. Submitted claim in July, 2018, because the other windows were developing large gaps. After repeated, monthly contacts, a Milgard service rep finally came at the end of November. Milgard now says the problem is not theirs, but due to "builder's grade" windows and incorrect installation. From the start we were disappointed in the quality of these windows, and now equally disappointed with their customer service.

Milgard response

Hi Michael - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble. I have your contact information and I will look up your service ticket to ask a Senior Service Representative to review it and get back to you. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

8 ft slider was very hard to open and close. Your men are very nice and polite, sense of humor too. I am a very happy woman today. No more struggle with this door. You helped me a few years back replacing a 5ft picture window. I have nothing but great respect for a company that stands behinds it products. I always brag about Milgard. I certainly recommend you to my friends. You are outstanding!!! Thank you so much. Have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year. May God bless you. Thank you to your guys too.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The technician was very good and replaced window in a short amount of time. He was professional and customer friendly. My only negative comment is that the total process from submitting my claim to the replacement of the window today took too long.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The doors were repaired and I am very pleased with the ease that they open and close. Your employee was very professional and quickly did the repairs. Thank you so much, purchasing our Milgard windows and sliding glass doors was one of our best decisions we have made.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

A month after new window was installed, I noticed a long crack in the upper pane. Contacted customer service to request for service repair. Appointment was scheduled for 3 weeks in the future with a 2-hour window. On day of repair, the serviceman arrived one hour BEFORE the 2-hour window. Fortunately, I was home. The repair took all of 16 minutes. Serviceman was professional and courteous. Overall, very happy with the service call.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Good Experience. Window did not have identifiable numbers in between windowpanes which made finding the order difficult. However, providing other details like window size resolved the matter. Only other small issue is timing of replacement. Not in our area very often which lead to a 1-2 month wait.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We installed 77 Milgard windows in a new home 20 years ago. On every occasion, Milgard has stepped up and replaced windows that had problems (typically seal leak on Argon filled double pane). Installers always professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Milgard to others in the process of building new homes... Lifetime guarantee and they stand by it...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Problem was resolved quickly and professionally. However, one of our 2050 single hung windows came without a screen. We notified Pioneer Glass about the missing screen when we notified them about the issue with the lock but it was not included on this work order. Should I follow up with Pioneer Glass or can you send us a screen? Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Mark work diligently to reseal the previously installed window, adding additional caulking to maximize waterproofing. Hopefully it worked this time. He was very cordial throughout his visit. Great service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We buy Milgard for service & warranty. Milgard has had to replace quite a few windows for us. The fact that the windows failed is not so great but warranty service is outstanding. In balance, we are pleased we bought Milgard.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Repair of Patio door handle - Received reminder call the afternoon before saying Svc. Tech would arrive betw. 2 pm & 4 pm - Thank you! He was right on time! And called & left message of his Est. time-of-arrival ~ 20 min prior. SO Nice!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I called Sun City Glass of St. George, Utah in October 2018. They were the installers of the five, (72 W x 60 H) replacement sliders in my home in the summer of 2012. The windows operate and look great, and offer a darkening protection from the very strong sun's rays we get on that side of the house. A bird must have struck one window pane and created a tiny crack (small 1" circular crack in outer pane) which we didn't notice until we were doing a routine wash. Sun City Glass referred me to you (Milgard) to get the paperwork going.

After about 6 weeks the replacement glass was sent to Sun City and they set up an appointment for the install. Their installer (Kevin) was in and out in less than an hour, did a very neat job, and the replacement was completed. My wife and I are very happy with the attention, service, and professionalism of both Sun City Glass and Milgard, and have already recommended neighbors and friends to use both companies for new window purchases.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After two months I've given up on getting a window replaced. The final straw was a 2hr time for my appointment which didn't work. Any other 2hrs would've worked. The agent was less than helpful, telling me to leave a key or have a neighbor come over. No trying to find a new date, even when I asked to push it out into 2019. This was also the second attempt as the first appointment yielded the wrong window replacement.

Milgard response

Hi Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear about your frustration. Let me look up your contact info and see if I can get your appointment adjusted to meet your schedule. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The two gentleman Oleg (and sadly I can’t remember the other technician's name) were very good at getting the 20+ windows they serviced knocked out. They were pleasant to work with, and mindful of all the apartment unit spaces they accessed. They were also very efficient and knowledgeable with the window repairs. We’re a Happy customer!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

This is the third time that we have had the same issue with the latch on the door. It always takes a month or more for someone to come out and fix our inoperable door. We weren't able to open it for a month this time. No one has been able to tell us why this keeps happening. However, the Service Technician was great. This is the second time that he has been to our house and is always terrific!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

All sliding doors were installed by our builder in March/April of this year. Always had issue with the large 16'-0" living room slider. However, Norm, your technician was knowledgeable and worked efficiently to correct the issues with all three sliders.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Replace two glass units. Service rep. was very efficient. He had the glass replaced in about 30 minutes. He did a great job and was very friendly. He also addressed a problem with the screen on a Milgard sliding patio door.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Tom and his associate showed up this morning on time and with the correct replacement windows. Tom was very courteous, professional and efficient. They replaced six windows in a little over one hour. It is because of people like Tom that I will continue to recommend Milgard to friends and neighbors alike. Well done!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I would and will recommend Milgard to everyone who needs windows. They stood behind their product and the repair tech was quick, polite and knew what he was doing. Thank you.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information