3.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

784 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

After 12 years Milgard still stands behind its products. We saw some streaking between dual panes on our slider. I submitted a service request online and received a call in a couple of days. Scheduled an appointment and two guys showed up with the new glass. 20 minutes later my door was like new. Couldn’t be more impressed with Milgard’s customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We had 5 windows replaced due to failing seals. It is going to take 3 trips to complete the job. Service reps were terrific. Warranty Service Department handled our situation very well. It would have been nice had the replacements not been stretched out so long.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The instructions for adjusting/raising a Milgard sliding glass door didn't work for my door. The door bumped into security blocks in the upper track. Milgard sent out a crew who arrived on time and quickly fixed the problem. They explained that the "security blocks" were only for shipping the product, and should have been removed during installation. Once the blocks were removed, the team quickly adjusted the door and were gone. No disruption, no mess, just success. Thank you, Milgard.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Had a very positive experience with Mary ** (A+). I have dealt with her in the past and also had good experiences with her too. Professional and friendly. I had a negative experience with Jenette on 7/12/18. ** I received the wrong size balancers. (I may have given her the incorrect balancer #). I re-ordered them and called on 9/18/18 to check on the status of them. Mary answered and found they had not been ordered. Poor customer service from Jenette! (F grade). This survey is for Mary though. Jenette's supervisor needs to talk to her about her dropping the ball on my re-order.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The first time the service tech came out to replace the failed unit, the grids on the replacement fixed panel did not align with the existing sliding panel. When they came back a second time, the grids were right, but there was one very evident (2") scratch on the glass, and, at least two other scratches that were not as obvious.

Hi John,

So sorry to hear about your service experience. Please let me know if this issue hasn't been resolved fully by our service team. You can reach me at social@milgard.com. I want to ensure that we've made this right for you. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Milgard windows I would highly recommend, they are great quality and we had 2 minor issues with handles and they took care of the issue promptly. We have had over 10 years. Their lifetime warranty is great!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

From the time I placed a request for a service rep to come to my home and confirm the necessity of replacing the windows that needed to be replaced to the date of installation was amazing! The fact that the installer showed up on time and called to confirm the timing of his arrival was perfect. Everything ran smooth, the installer was neat and I have never been happier with the whole process!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We bought our windows in 2000 with a lifetime warranty and have had several repairs under warranty. Now Milgard says they will not service our windows because we live in Hawaii. The window scissors operator clip broke off and the hinged arms are rusting out. Poor quality and even poorer customer service. They even attempted to say we did not own the property and that voided the warranty. We do indeed own the property and have the tax records to prove it.

Milgard response

Hi Benjamin, sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. I would be happy to look into your case and assist with resolution. Can you please email me at Social@Milgard.com so that I can help? Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I used the online contact form to notify Migard when I noticed condensation between the panes of a stationary window. I received a quick reply and was scheduled for a date to replace the window. The technician called on the day of the appointment to say he was on his way. He arrived even before the scheduled time. He was very pleasant and in a matter of 15 minutes had the new window installed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Submitted online claim 6/18/18. Provided original receipt for window with wooden sash/balancer that needed repaired. First appointment scheduled 7/17/18 and balancer replaced but damaged window sash needed replaced. Six emails were sent with information about what needed replaced and sent multiple pictures of damage. Found another white fiberglass window sash in another room with same damage and pictures/description/numbers sent for that window to be replaced too. On September 11 another repair person sent to my home and he replaced the wood window but he didn't have the white fiberglass window! Very frustrating. Now I'm supposed to be having the white window shipped to me but no tracking numbers have been provided. Less than satisfied with the Milgard experience to date.

Milgard response

Hi Kellie, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience getting service on your windows. Please send me an email at social@milgard.com so that I can look into your account and provide you with more information. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Service was great, Victor and his worker were very professional. They were on time and finished to my satisfaction in a timely matter. 5-star work in my eyes. I would recommend them to everyone in need of window repair or replacement.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Our windows were initially purchased through a 3rd party in November of last year. We were told it would be 6-8 weeks before they would be ready. At the end of January, I started to follow up with the 3rd party who was not getting a firm timeline from Milgard. The windows were not ready until the end of February. We finally got them installed in March. We had an issue with the installation of one of the windows, due to the delayed availability. We had that installed in May. Within a couple of weeks, we noticed that it was hot to the touch on the inside. We reached out to the 3rd party, who after several weeks of not returning calls, put us over to the Milgard rep. We tried contacting him for several weeks before he got back to us. He came and said he would replace the window.

After several more weeks of waiting, we reached out to Milgard to see what was going on with the replacement window. They got back to me and said they were not sending a window. They would need to get a tech out to make sure that it was manufactured properly. He came and said that it had the proper coating. There was no way to check to see if it had the argon gas that was an insulator. They could not replace the window. So, the windows look good, but do not insulate against the heat in the afternoon. Customer service is frustrating that after severe delays in the factory, customers were not kept informed and employees do not get back to customers.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

You rock! Mixup getting the service order to book - I was verified as original owner and then the order was shelved. However, once I phoned back, you got on it. The service guy was great. Quick repair. Did all the windows. Thank you, Milgard!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Replaced 3 windows. The installation group arrived on time, efficiently went to work, did take off their shoes in the house, worked quietly while talking with one another, and cleaned the windows inside and out. There was no debris or garbage left.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My door lock failed on my patio doors. I attempted to resolve unaware of the warranty. Yes, dumb homeowner. I called Milgard and Arik in Service was extremely helpful in getting me on the schedule due to the weather and a door that could not be locked. The technicians that came out were great, understanding and already had the replacement mechanism for the lock. Great Job.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I called Milgard as our 20 year old windows were difficult to open and close. They sent a technician out to check the 8 windows. He ordered new balancers for all and the tech returned to replace the parts. Very efficient and clean. Milgard has always been responsive to any needs I have had with their windows of which we have ordered for multiple properties.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

When my new windows showed up one of them was broken. It took almost 3 months to get a service tech out here to fix it. I spent around $5000.00 to get all new windows in my house and had a front broken kitchen window for 3 months that to me is unacceptable. Terrible customer service.

Milgard response

Hi Gary - I'm so sorry to hear about the delay you experienced. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will take your feedback and share it with the team in order to provide better service should you need it again. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Although scheduling was nearly 2 months out in time, it was not a mechanical failure, merely cosmetic. The technician Kevin called when he was a few mins. out to confirm. He was very professional, polite, and engaging. He replaced a couple of strips of casing (Exterior molding) which had warped and detached from the frame. He was in and out in just a few minutes. I have had MANY repairs by Milgard over the 16 years I have owned my house ranging from new dual paned windows as a result of a glazing breach in the 2 panes, to wheels, sash balancers and other misc. issues. The technicians consistently meet or exceed my expectations. If anyone looking for new windows, I would recommend Milgard without hesitation based on their customer service alone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The technicians arrived on time, were very courteous and efficient. When they had completed their work they notified me they were ready to depart. I have always had great service from Milgard and highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We are the original owners of our home in Quail Creek, Green Valley, AZ. Milgard windows were installed at the time of building. We couldn't be happier with the choice made by the builder. The only issues we have had is the weather seal breaking and moisture collecting between the sheets of glass. Each time we have an issue Milgard is right out to replace the problem.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Overall, very happy and all the windows were fixed and replaced. The work was done each time in a timely manner and the workmen arrived when they said they would. However, we ended up with numerous service calls, which did not seem necessary. We had different workmen each time and each time they did not assess all the work that should have been done and completed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Skylight leaking and 2 windows had spots between glass - Installers were great, only two problems were time to get thru to service and other is the length on time to get them inspected and then installed. These are the only reason I couldn’t give all stars, but in the end everything turned out great.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Had a representative of Milgard Windows repair an aluminum window frame. The person that did the repair did an excellent job and would highly recommend Milgard Windows to anyone thinking about replacing windows in their house. Our windows were originally installed in 1990 and the Milgard Window folks have never questioned a repair that I have requested. The Milgard Window folks definitely know what good service is all about.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The installers had a broken window to install. I was never told where it was broken - at the warehouse or in transit. Nevertheless, a Milgard representative replaced the window, which went well. A screen was missing from initial installation and it took several tries to get a correctly sized screen that was not damaged upon arrival. I finally had to pick it up myself at the Milgard warehouse. The whole process took many weeks to finally resolve.

Milgard response

So sorry to hear about the delay and the screen size issues. We apologize for the frustration that may have caused you. We will use your input to make improvements to our processes. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Victor ** was very helpful, pleasant and professional. He performed the repairs quickly. Unfortunately, even though I had specified that one awning window's crank "does not operate", Mr. ** was not supplied the appropriate parts to fix this problem. He showed me how to replace the broken part and said he would order one to be shipped to me. I was fine with this solution, rather than rescheduling for another service calling six weeks.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Angie ** handled my request for replacement balancers, directing me to the installation video and ordering the parts. She quickly responded when the wrong parts arrived and arranged for the correct ones to be shipped to me immediately. Great customer service!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Window section of French door - The final work was outstanding, Eddie and Carl. However I reported the problem and first ordered the window replacement in June. The final work was Sept. 4, It took 7 weeks for the first incorrect door to arrive. Eddie drew a picture and ordered it again. Another 7 week order. Summer was gone, all guests for the season had left and we have enjoyed the window such a short time.

Milgard response

Hi Joan - I'm so sorry there was a delay in your warranty service. I'ts good to hear the new window is in place, now. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this so we can make improvements. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Window replacement due to fogging in-between glass panes - The installer, Kyle, was on time, courteous and efficient. He was in and out quickly after installing the replacement glass. He even repaired another one of our Milgard windows. He did a great job.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Previous glass had moisture between the layers on all 8 windows. Visit to install new glass had to be rescheduled because of need for two technicians vs. one. This crew was somewhat later than planned, but arrived with enough time to complete the work and they did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

After 11 years, Milgard repaired all our windows and sliding door (not just the few we had problems with)! We had a lifetime warranty and there was no charge. Everything works better than new! The reps were awesome - very timely and efficient, and there was great communication with us. Our experience could not have been better!

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information