4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

1152 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 23, 2019

Requesting windows to be replaced under warranty has become cumbersome - find the number on the windows, measure the windows, submit pictures... This took a long time for 5 windows, and in the end a rep came out and measured anyway. I preferred the old way - a rep comes out and measures, then comes again to replace.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We could not get window to open or latch to return to closed position. Chuck knew immediately how to free the mechanism & did so promptly without damaging the window or latch - & didn't make fun of us for not knowing how to do it ourselves.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was very pleased with the service we received on Thursday when we had our window replaced. The technician was available earlier than originally scheduled and he called to see if he could come earlier. He arrived as promised and was professional, quick, and left no mess. Thank you!!!

Original review: March 22, 2019

We have been trying to have our patio door project finished for 2 months now. It all started with a measurement mistake from Home Depot of Flagstaff installer where a smaller door was ordered. It had to be temporarily installed for another to be ordered which was their mistake but this same door also had a faulty roller on the bottom that wasn't adjustable and handle latch was not working also. So we then had a temporary door that didn't roll easy or lock which would be product issues.

The new door with correct measurement arrived around 30 days later and install went smoothly and looks good except when you open and close the door it has a metal rattle. Milgard has contacting me to schedule the appointment to inspect the new door to see what is making this sound. The first date they have available is 55 days from today to just look at it and if they have to order parts it could take more time? They might offer a warranty but getting things replaced or repaired could take months. So we are 2 for 2 with defective patio doors. No a very long wait for a service person to come out and look at it?

Original review: March 22, 2019

I waited one month for this door to be installed by Lowe’s. Once the installers installed the door they commented that there was a noise being made as the door closed. They mentioned they thought the door frame was bowed. The Milgard specialist came out a week later to look at it and said it was no big deal and it was fine. I’m really hoping that’s the case. I paid a lot for this door and waited a long time to get it installed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: March 22, 2019

The sliding door was replaced on the date promised...couldn't be happier. On a second matter. I had visited your DENVER show room on another matter (window balances). I was aided by Latrelle **, Jose ** and Dennis **. I was so impressed with how they helped me that I requested their names so that I could pass on to you how gracious and courteous they were to me. Exemplary!! They helped me understand how to do the minor fix and even gave me an in-house practice. All with smiles!! Great employees. You should be proud.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Technician called a half hour before appointment and arrived 10 minutes early. Was polite and well groomed. I showed what the problem was and he tackled it immediately. He had the job done about the same time the appointment was for. If I hadn't seen him do the job and the new window, I would have never known he was there. Great job!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Our technician and service appt went well and we are very happy with the results. The reason I haven't provided a higher rating is that I submitted the request for service on Jan 28th and the appt did not happen to Mar 21st. I don't know if there was a gap between placing the request with Lennar or Milgard scheduling the appt but 2 months seems excessive.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I’m a contractor and decided to go with Milgard. What a mistake. It’s been almost 1 year and they still can’t fix a defective door. Call 1 - "Oops we made the doors wrong." Call 2 - "Oops the new doors glass is all scratched up." Call 3 - "Oops the new glass doesn’t fit." Call 4 - "Oops the bad design pops the outer trim off and scratches the door every time you open and close it." Call 5 - manager, "I assure you we will fix this and we’re sorry." Call 6 - customer and I still have not heard from Milgard. Don’t buy. Don’t buy. Please don’t buy from them.

Milgard response

Hi Dan - I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've gone through with service. That should not have happened. I will look up your case number and ask a Senior Service Representative to call and provide assistance. Thank you for providing us with your feedback so we can help. Thank you.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Although we had to reschedule the original date due to technician availability, that was handled well and on the new date, the techs were on time and completed two replacements in a difficult spot expeditiously. When they were done, you couldn't even tell they had been there except for the shiny new windows.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I just purchased 48 windows and doors last summer... It took 3 appointments to get one stuck window fixed. Each appointment is scheduled weeks out, you get no appointment window until about a week away and no one calls to confirm that it works for you. Then, the service techs don’t show up during the 2 hr appointment window... They call at the end of it to say they are 15 min to an hour late... Can you wait? Not helpful.

I am still waiting to receive a call back regarding my unresolved issue of black windows with brown window grids... I have 11 of them and they were sent back before we installed them and the new “fixed” windows were still black with brown grids. We installed the windows and were told it was fixable at our home... Milgard is now telling me several stories 1. That they don’t make a black matching grid 2. That it’s the distributor I bought them from who is at fault... So I have 50k invested in windows that are black with brown grids... super ugly and completely not what I ordered. I have left 2 voicemails to try to get this resolved and my “escalated” issue has not been followed up on. I’m tired of calling and getting nowhere. People should know how terrible this company is.

Milgard response

I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been going through. We do place calls to confirm service, so, I'm not sure what happened. I will check our service ticket database and talk to a Senior Supervisor to provide assistance so we can get this resolved promptly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Gain they were not correct, except this time it was the quality of the screen used. They were sub-standard at best. New screens were again ordered and were installed and are fine. It is hard to understand how Milgard installs wonderful (and expensive) windows, but the screen are sub par.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I set up this appointment for my mom when I went to see her for a visit and had noticed one of her windows had failed. They set a date for the following month. They emailed and confirmed a couple days prior. The installers were punctual and very polite. The whole swap took less than a half hour. Excellent customer service. Thank you!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Patio door warranty repair - Prompt response. Prompt appointment availability. On time technician. Efficient and complete repair during first visit. What else could I want other than to have the door not break in the first place?

Original review: March 18, 2019

The service tech was professional and timely ; however, your SCHEDULING DEPARTMENT lacks follow through - Appointments are scheduled with customers and no one ever calls to confirm or inquire if that appointment time works with their schedule. Just happened to be off work that day. This has happened to me twice.

Milgard response

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with scheduling. I will take your feedback and provide it to the service department so they can make improvements. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

The men were good on the install. However there was some confusion on the glass that was brought out to the job to get warranted. It would be good to request an on-site visit prior to warranty work being ordered to confirm all material arrives with the men. They installed 10 panels in less than an hour.

Milgard response

Thanks for your feedback, Chris. We appreciate you spending the time to let us know and we will be sure to pass this along. Thanks.

Original review: March 18, 2019

So far, so good! Lisa on the phone for Milgard national seemed so friendly and helpful; Susan at Pacific Woods Glass near our home is also very thorough. So far, I'm impressed. Hasn't been installed yet (in process), but so far so good.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I emailed Milgard regarding a kitchen window that had developed spots inside the glass. They contacted me right away and scheduled service. Their service person was great. He arrived when promised. He was very pleasant. He completed the work quickly. Very happy!

Original review: March 15, 2019

Jim called before he arrived as courtesy and arrived right on time. He was polite and friendly- even to our pets! In no time at all he assessed the problem with my doors, made adjustments and recommendations. He fixed everything just right! Thank you for sending Jim - what a pleasant experience!

Original review: March 15, 2019

I cannot say enough about the service and professionalism from your staff. I called in to get a window lock repaired and sliding door screens installed and the young lady helping me was very kind and knowledgeable. She set my appointment and told me that two days before I would get an email confirming a 2 hour window for service which I received. Thursday, March 14th my doorbell rang in the PM and Alex, along with another tech said they were in the area and asked if they could perform the service a day early.

I was happy to see them and let them do the service I requested. Alex explained everything they were doing throughout the service call and when finished he took me and showed me what they had done. Once again, their level of professionalism was exemplary. I appreciate Milgard windows, the products they provided for my home during our construction and the follow up service after the fact. I would happily suggest to all my friends and family that if they ever need windows to please call Milgard first.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The two installers arrived at the earliest estimated time (noon on a 12-3 timeframe). They took a total of 30 minutes to remove and install a new pane. They were very polite and efficient. I was very impressed with them. They left the work site clean and made sure the glass was sparkling clean.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased windows with a full replacement guarantee. A broken window was replaced in a timely manner with a simple call to customer service. The team arrived in the designated time frame and completed the replacement in 15 minutes.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The service was scheduled to start on March 13th between 9:30 &11:30 a.m. The service tech called at 9:30 and informed us they were on their way. They arrived twenty minutes later and began the project. The windows were 16 years old so they had to replace several panes. They were very efficient and got the job done quickly. I was very satisfied with their work. Where can you find a deal like this, total cost $0.00.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have had a positive experience with the warranty replacement of my Milgard windows from the first phone call with Lisa to the service appointment with Webber. Phone communication was simple; Lisa responded to me, resolved the issues and scheduled the service appointment. Webber arrived ahead of schedule and replaced the affected windows. He worked quickly and respectfully. Thank you Lisa, Webber, and Milgard for making this a straightforward experience!

Original review: March 13, 2019

A new window had a blemish. Milgard replaced it without a problem. The only suggestion to improve is, we were told the tech was coming between 8.30 and 10.30 am. We got a call around 1 pm. All went smooth, however, if we weren't going to be home, and we had to wait, this could have been a problem

Original review: March 13, 2019

The inspection and identification of the problem was done professionally, parts and replacement date was done timely. Installation crew was on time and very professional, they made sure that I saw and what they replaced and that it was aligned and working properly. I give them 10 out of 5 stars!! Well done on work and customer service from start to finish. Highly recommend Milgard Service. Thanks.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Replaced 3 fogged windows. The 2 Milgard repairmen called 45 minutes before arriving which was helpful since the phone message I received a few weeks ago stated they were scheduled for next Tuesday. Both were courteous, efficient and even checked another problem I was experiencing with leaking duo patio doors.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am very pleased with Milgard's Lifetime Warranty. I bit disappointed that my warranty work took (2) visits to complete due to a bad measurement and grid configuration. However, the actual service calls were stellar from all aspects.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Because of imperfections/spots in many of my windows, Milgard was wonderful to replace them because of their Lifetime Warranty. I had the pleasure of John, the Service Tech, do the replacements. He even had to make a second trip replacement for another replaced window. John was professional, quick, very neat and pleasant. He is an asset to your company. Please thank him for me. Carolyn

Original review: March 12, 2019

Milgard did an excellent job of honoring their Warranty agreement. We purchased our original windows in 2003. They came out immediately after my call and made an appointment to replace the windows I had a problem with. They did a great job with the replacement of the glass.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information