3.69/5
Based on 386 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

Read More Read More
Last updated: May 24, 2018

539 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

My window wouldn't stay up, so watched a video on how to fix the balancers. Unfortunately the cord on one was totally broken. I called Milgard and they are sending two replacement balancers. Appreciate their prompt attention to my dilemma.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It has taken since last fall to get a response and communication going and appointment set. Thanks to Kerry, we have finally gotten things moving. As soon as Kerry was in charge, things began to happen. Today's service call was fast, efficient, and complete. The fellows who replaced the windows were polite, professional, and most capable. THANKS KERRY!!! Problem solved!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have about 50 windows in my house and almost all of them have balancer issues where the window slams down on your fingers. I have windows that are warped and you can't clean with a squeegee because the middle is warped on some windows and have a few windows with broken seals. I have had Milgard windows for decades and had only very minor problems which they always came out and fixed with no issue. Now I have junk windows so apparently when they start making less quality windows that they no long can stand behind. If you want to save your fingers, buy a quality window, not Milgard. It's not like I am talking about 1 window, this is almost 50 windows in the house and I probably have issues with about 20, not good odds, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FINGERS!!

Milgard response

Hi John - We have a Full Lifetime Warranty for the original purchaser of the windows and we stand behind this warranty. If you need assistance scheduling warranty service, please contact me at social@milgard.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The technicians went well beyond what I expected. They fixed the problem that led to their coming to my home in the first place and then went on to resolve 3 or 4 other issues. Happy to have purchased Milgard.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Good service guys like these are of great help. I had a handful of problems with this order of windows, due to rushed production at the factory. I would recommend that the production line slow down and stop letting so many flawed windows go out. It took twice as long as normal to get them one of which I'm still waiting for replacement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: May 24, 2018

I would have given a 5 Star if not for the technician being a bit late. He, Sergio **, was great otherwise. He replaced the handles for both patio doors to an older style which seems more solid than the new one. Also more obvious whether the slider is locked or not. The new one looks nice very but functionally, I prefer the older one.

Original review: May 24, 2018

From start to finish the experience of having a few weathered windows replaced was flawless. The customer service rep was concise and pleasant and kept me informed every step of the way. The tech showed up at the promised time, was pleasant and knowledgeable, and did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend Milgard to anyone. Thank you!

Original review: May 24, 2018

This was just replacement but the whole process was very easy. From setting up the service appointment to the service call itself. The installer arrived promptly, the work was done in about 15 minutes and without any hassle. We would recommend Milgard to anyone looking for windows.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The contractors that were here were absolutely fantastic. The problem is with the ones managing our warranty work. It has been well over a year and still you have not painted the windows, replaced the broken glass, replace all the bead and fixed the buckling trim in some of the windows. I am not going to accept this any longer. I am tired of you sending out workers for a little work here and a little work there. You are exhausting our family and making us suffer with terrible quality windows. I will take the legal route.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I purchase replacement windows in 2004. Over the years a few of them began to fog up. I called Milgard, gave them my name and address. They found my order within seconds. We identified the problem windows and they scheduled a repair crew to come in a few weeks. The crew showed up per schedule and quickly replaced the defective windows. I highly recommend this company and their products.

Original review: May 23, 2018

The tech came out and measured my windows quickly. He was courteous and professional. Less than 2 weeks later I was emailed that the windows were in and an appointment was set. The tech was on time and replaced the windows promptly, cleaning up after himself. Great service!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I would say we were happy with the entire process of replacing our defective windows. The only thing I would have hoped for was a recommendation or suggestion by Milgard to upgrade my replacement window, at my cost to a higher efficiency window, such as the Low E windows.

Original review: May 22, 2018

It took a long time to convince Milgard that the problem with one of 50 new windows was not an adjustment issue. I finally sent pictures. Milgard called to confirm the appointment but didn’t tell the tech the gate code. The black latches on the window had to be removed and screwed into new locations. Same problem on a second window. Both windows were fixed.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Milgard's warranty service is great. I had Milgard windows installed 20 years ago. Milgard's lifetime warranty provides me the fix I need. Not like some other companies, when I called, I talked to a real person without waiting time. Milgard schedules services effectively and provides arrival window time two days in advance. Milgard also sent me postcards confirming the schedules. The technicians arrived on time. About a month ago, a technician came and measured the windows. Today another technician came and installed five windows for me. He is very professional and cleaned up after his work. I highly recommend Milgard.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Milgard Scheduling was inconsistent, took over six months to get all resolved. could have built a whole house in that time frame. Milgard had to reschedule service twice due to outsourcing to other countries for products, installers broke a window upon loading truck. Told we would get parts for another window that we were willing to pay for and after six weeks, multiple messages and emails and then we were told they don't make parts for their standard awning window anymore. Hmmmm.

Milgard response

Hi Mark - So sorry to hear about the delay in warranty service. Regarding parts for an awning window, I'll need to look into that for you. I have your email address and I'll be in touch when I learn more. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The quality of workmanship of windows from the factory is horrible. Techs came 3 times to replace windows under warranty; twice they were given the wrong size windows. One sliding glass door window that was replaced still has problems internal to the panes. QC of products coming out of the factory is pathetic. Windows that are good work fine, but you have far too many that are leaving the factory with flaws that should have been caught before they left the factory and placed on technician trucks.

Milgard response

Hello Rodney - I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been going through. We have always taken great pride in manufacturing quality products so we really appreciate you telling us what happened. I have your contact info and I've asked a Senior Service Supervisor to get in touch with you to provide an update on your warranty service. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Fast, efficient, no questions asked warranty service. Excellent per-appointment communications via phone & email. Technician called on day of appointment to confirm he was on the way and estimated arrival time. He arrived and completed the work within the time period I was given. Well done Bobby **. Hats Off.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Your technicians were prompt, clean, and performed excellently! The sliders now operate better than they did when they were new... nearly effortlessly!! We have been Milgard customers since about 1992 in Bellevue, WA and were delighted when we moved to Green Valley, AZ and discovered that the developer building our new home used Milgard products! Our experience with product and warranty issues has always been without issue or complaint!

Original review: May 20, 2018

Just want to give a shout out to Fabian? And Matthew who came to our home on Thursday May 17th to service a couple sliders. They were awesome. Punctual, friendly, funny, knew their stuff and finished in a timely fashion. We had been serviced by Weber for years (who is out on an injury), who we also appreciated very much. Happy to have his replacements come to our home. Great job!

Original review: May 19, 2018

The appointment made to replace the broken seal of the double pane window glass slider went flawless. The replacement was also flawless BUT when he placed the screen back on, he actually bent the frame, which makes it impossible to replace the screen mesh material, as it won't hold up to pressure and doesn't fit back onto the window frame properly. I carefully took off the screen and when he finished, he placed it back in and I know he didn't mean to bend it, but he did and I had to call to have Milgard replace it. Wish I could give a better review, as I really do like and value MILGARD. They have been wonderful with their lifetime warranty guarantee... I couldn't ask for better, but this is being honest and fair for this review.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I requested a service call through Newman Windows of Carlsbad. I received parts in the mail, but I cannot open the window to replace the parts. I think there was a mis-communication between Newmans and Milgard.

Milgard response

Hi Lauren - Sorry to hear there was a miscommunication about who would install the parts. If you call Newman's and let them know you have the parts in hand, they can help. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2018

If I didn’t have to deal with Milgard, I never would, but my windows have a lifetime guarantee, so when one fails, I must go through their service dept. In short, it took over 6 months and 4 visits to replace two windows. They were measured wrong, delivered scratched and they cancelled appointments twice with no apologies, just had to wait a couple more months each time before someone would contact me again. Rude customer service and could never get any answers as to why everything was so chaotic. I think this company has serious problems.

Milgard response

Hi Kathryn - Please accept my apology for the challenges you faced when requesting warranty service. We have always taken great pride in providing wonderful customer service, so, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. I will be sharing your input with the team to help them make improvements. I hope we can meet your expectations next time. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Window tech arrived early (called to see if that was okay), once he arrived he was very professional and changed out a defective window with no issues. I have had several low-E windows go bad but Milgard has never questioned replacing my windows. They are always prompt and do a great job with their customer service needs.

Original review: May 19, 2018

It took 6 months & 3 visits to get the proper replacement glass for the windows. Each visit required me to be home thereby putting a dent in my work schedule. The window glass originally installed direct from the factory was defective in 3 out of the 7 new windows! The first visit you did not schedule enough guys to perform the job even though I had made it clear to the woman on the phone that these were second story windows. The second visit the replacement windows on the service truck were also defective! The third visit you finally sent enough guys to get the job done & the window glass quality finally passed inspection. We love our windows but are extremely frustrated by your company's lack of proper QC on your products. We're also upset that it took so long to get the proper crew here to take care of things.

Milgard response

Hi Annette - I can understand how frustrated you feel and really appreciate that you took the time to let us know what happened. I will provide your comments to the service team so that they can make improvements in the future. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The window replacement started in December of 2016 and is still not completed. First service call glass made for vinyl window not aluminum. Next call glass broken. Next schedule canceled due to fired employees - moved out 5 months. Next service call glass wrong thickness. Next service call employee injured himself - one person cannot install glass - one glass wrong tint. Next service call glass installed by local glass house - measured another failed window. NOW waiting for contact to install last glass. I would appreciate a phone call from the MANAGER of customer service after he looks at this description of very poor service. I talked to the local Milgard rep and he did not offer to assist getting me better service! This is not quality service!

Milgard response

Hi Ren - I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been going through and the length of time it has taken. This should not be the case. I will ask a Senior Service Supervisor to give you a call today. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Your online process for me to obtain warranty replacements was easy to understand (once I located the window information inside the window frame). The technician called in advance, arrived and performed the work within the 2 hour window, and cleaned up after the work too. Everything about the process, both online and with the on-site work, was done very professionally and I am a very satisfied customer. Thank you.

Original review: May 18, 2018

It is very unfortunate that I had to wait two months for a 30 Second repair. The description from me that the door was hard to open should have been enough for Milgard to say that this would be a very quick fix and it should’ve been scheduled sooner.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have all Milgard Tuscany windows and door for eight years, somehow last couple years ago one glass start showing strike then more follow after, cleaned not work so I contact my favorite friend Pat ** at California replacement, he helped me to report the problem to Milgard and it take a month to replace. Finally I have all 10 glass panes replaced today, Rudy was nice, on time, clean and fast to perform the services. Thanks for excellent services and products, highly recommend to all who in need to replace windows and doors.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Today I call Milgard customer service to find out if our two windows screens frames that are deteriorating and if they would be under warranty. She explained that the warranty starts when the windows were installed. I explained this is a new house and I'm not sure on the install date, just the date we move in. I asked if she would could look up the date, she wouldn't and said I need to replace them myself. I accepted that It's on my dime. I ask her if there was a way I could find out why they deteriorated and would not last longer than two years and I would like to prevent the same thing happen. Her answer was she did not know. It was her home! I was nice until she lit the fuse. Really! I was just looking for technical support not a smart ass answer. I had Milgard windows on all my homes and also been treated very professional. This lead me to write this and not sure if I want to be a customer in the future if they handle problems unprofessional.

Milgard response

Hello Kevin - I'm so sorry to hear the way you were treated on the phone. This is not what should have happened. I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know so we can coach our service team and make improvements. Thank you.

Original review: May 17, 2018

It took NINE windows to finally install one that did not have a flaw. It was taking months between each installation until I wrote a letter to the president of the company - and then, gee, it only took a week. The president never had the courtesy to respond to my letters, but I did get calls from local management. I will say everyone was polite, kind and contrite. But the quality control dept has some major issues.

Milgard response

Hi Hallie - Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the delays and the fact that you did not hear back from the President. We always reply to President requests, so, I'm not sure why you didn't hear back. We will take all your comments and use them to make improvement to our processes. Thank you.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information