4.2/5 (2582 ratings)

About Milgard

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Top Milgard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate th...

Verified

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we ...

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: May 3, 2022

Milgard sprays paint on vinyl windows and doors and then the paint chips off unless the window or door does not have any exposure to the sun or rain. After months of trying to remedy the situation they send someone out and they touch up the areas that are chipping. The painters admitted that the paint will chip again. To finally have someone come out to paint is very inconvenient and takes an inordinate amount of time scheduling and nagging. A year has passed and paint is chipping off again and in new places. And I expected to do this every year? The warranty on paint is 10 years and then what?? I have literally been contacting them with paint issues since the windows and doors were installed.

I HATE buying products from businesses when they KNOW they are selling a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. I hate that I have to spend time dealing with a company that knowingly manufactured and sold a product that they knew would not work-paint will not stay on vinyl - I live in a very moderate climate and if I know this - how can they not know this. Of course, Milgard knows they are passing off substandard products. I just hate that my time is going to be taking them to court and suing to replace my windows and doors. Not the way I want to live my life…and the big business goes untouched just taking advantage of person after person. I can’t be the only person with vinyl windows and doors with paint that doesn’t adhere. I wish people could come together for a class-action lawsuit.

Milgard response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take all customer feedback very seriously and we are reviewing the information you've provided to make improvements. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I have Milgard WoodClad fiberglass windows. They were the top of the line, the best they had to offer, so said the rep. and I believed him after I got the price, but I was building my home to last. So far they have been here at lease 6 times to replace 22 windows. They were here 4 months ago and now I have another faulty window. WORSE is I have MOLD growing on the wood. Their rep (Tim) tells me it is because I wash my windows! WHAT? So be careful not to use Windex and paper towels, that causes mold and moisture in between the glass! Oh also I hope you live in a completely dry climate that gets no rain. The miters all leak! They are stained with water from rain leaking in. The Sheetrock inside has bubbled. Tim says it is my fault because again how I wash my windows!!!!

I complained to the BBB and Milgard doesn’t care, I went on Facebook and they BLOCKED me, and erased my comments. Oh and I didn’t mention that the installer never gave me my screens, Milgard said tough luck and I had to pay for them myself from a custom screener. Don’t use Milgard, they talk a good game and they also are really good at the internet game. They drench the Internet with great comments and ads, we have built 4 large custom homes and work with a lot of custom builders. Milgard is trash. They used to be a pretty good name but over the last 10 years they have become the worse.

Milgard response

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to find a solution to this issue right away. Can you please send us an email at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case number?

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

We purchased our house in December of 2020. The previous owner had had all the original windows and sliding doors replaced with Milgard vinyl, double pane, insulated products, all manufactured in 2009. Out of the twelve new windows installed in the house, three of the units had failed by the time we came into possession of the property with either clouding or marking on the interior of the glass. While Milgard prominently advertises a Lifetime Warranty, I discovered upon contacting them that the line of windows that were installed in our house only include a 10-year warranty, and we were just beyond that period. A 25% failure rate seems excessively high, and I would advise anyone to stay away from any of Milgard's products that do not include a full lifetime parts and labor warranty, as it seems you will be replacing your windows again sooner than later.

Milgard response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take all customer feedback very seriously and we are reviewing the information you've provided to make improvements. The Milgard warranty is for the original purchaser of the windows. If you need a copy of the warranty for the year your windows were installed, please visit: https://www.milgard.com/warranty. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Ongoing lack of warranted support from Milgard. Ongoing problem with no resolution. SUMMARY: Milgard Tuscany CASEMENT windows are do not seal and will allow air leaking into your home. when the wind blows against these windows the latch mechanisms whistle from the wind. Milgard Denver warranty office does not support their product, rather they make excuses and ignore issues. Online reviews seem to be the only way to get a response from Milgard. Shameful and sad.

I have been in a warranty claim with Jessee and now Scott in the Denver office since October of 2021. The local distributor Maraposa Window and Doors in Salida stated to me that the Tuscany series windows have a design problem that cause air leaks. Their solution to sealing the windows in my brand new house was to stuff cotton in the latch mechanisms. They stated they could do no more until a solution was provided by Milgard and repair parts were available.

I then spoke to Milgard warranty department in Denver. They stated that in order to start a warranty claim a technician would need to come look at the windows. On January 10 2022 Arteuro was the technician who came out. He stated air was coming into the windows through the bottom of the window seal and escaping into the house. He stated that this is a common issue in my area due to the high winds and that he did not have seals large enough to place into the window to make the issue go away. His recommendation to me was to buy weather-stripping and create a seal where the window closes.

I contacted Jesse in Denver and was passed on to Scott. Scott denied that the windows were flawed and stated that all windows leak to a certain degree. After receiving the report from Arteuro Scott stated that "there is nothing wrong with the windows according to the report from his technician". On Jan 11 i spoke with Scott again and he stated that he would contact me back with a possible solution. Scott has not returned a call, taken a call or contacted me since this day.

I have 7 brand new windows in a brand new construction home with painters tape over the latch mechanisms to keep cold air from flowing into my house. I am being ignored by your warranty department who states there is not a problem. Please encourage Scott in Denver to do his job and find a solution to this issue. Update Feb 7, 2022. Still no resolution on this issue. I am not being told by Scott the warranty manager that he needs the Regional Manager to make decisions to provide solutions. No calls from the regional manager and no calls from Scott with resolutions. It's sad that you need to post online reviews to obtain warranty service. Still have painters tape on all of the latch mechanisms on my BRAND NEW TUSCANY WINDOWS....

Milgard response

Hello Chris, I'm so sorry that you've had this experience with getting warranty support. I've notified our service management team so they can help address these issues right away.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

In May of 2021, we submitted a warranty claim for a cloudy window/busted seal. The first appt was delayed because the glass hadn't passed inspection. Then they cancelled the morning of the new appt because the glass was broken. We started over. They called the next time they were supposed to come, saying they couldn't find my glass in the shed, so we started over. This same ridiculousness continued a couple more times, until finally they arrive on Jan. 7th - and have the glass on the truck, but it's raining outside. They can't come back that afternoon, because they're overbooked. But they assure me someone will call me to reschedule right away - now they've got the glass and they know it will fit. A week later, I had to call because no one called me. I was assured they'd find a date and call me by 2 pm that afternoon. A week and a half later, no one had called.

Today, I spoke to Moses, the manager in Sacramento, who tells me that they are waiting for our glass to pass quality inspection. Somehow we are starting over AGAIN. I asked what happened to the glass that was on the truck, and he said they "tossed it" because it probably would have been damaged in the shed while waiting for us to get reschedule? WHAT? So, since it might get damaged while in storage, they guarantee it and toss it? I am blown away. HOW DOES MILGARD STAY IN BUSINESS with this as a business model? This is among the worst customer service I have ever received.

Ray,
      We are very sorry for the delays and the inconvenience and would like to get this resolved right away. Can you please send us an email at social@milgard.com with your contact information and case #? I'll have a supervisor look into this and get you on the schedule.

Milgard Social Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Milgard windows 10 years old, half “gone bad” (seals broken). Waited 6 months. Subcontractors came today with replacement panes but only 9 could be replaced because the other 11 replacement panes were wrong size or wrong grid or missing. Subcontractor said “this happens every day. It’s chaotic.” Now I’ll have to wait another 6 months to get the remaining failed panes replaced, and spend another 2 hours taking down blinds and moving furniture, and miss work again. Cross your fingers Milgard factory doesn’t mess up the order again!

Milgard response

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with you warranty service. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information and service case number so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Just moved into our house in 2019 and noticed many of the windows were foggy but wasn't sure why. Then at the first major rain storm, several of the windows stared to leak substantial amounts of water. I called Milgard and luckily the warranty is still in effect, however Jessie (very nice) said that the issue must be due to how they were installed, it was highly unlikely that several windows at once could be defective. So I hired a handyman through Home Advisor to come and re-install the windows $1200. He looked at all the windows and said it wasn't the installation, it was very poor quality manufacturing and showed me why (I'll add pictures). The water leaks through the pan, and the window glass is pulling from the vynil with all 15 window and they were installed in 2016. There is water damage to our home, drafts that are costing us more for cooling and heating.

I am currently waiting on a response after calling Jessie, reporting what was found and forwarded pictures and a video of the water coming through the window. After reading all of these reviews, I realize that this company has to know that what I reported is systemic issues for their windows and should have sent out a technician. I am going to give this company to make things right, however based on everyone's reviews it concerns me to even put replacement windows of theirs back in as they clearly are sub-quality workmanship.

Milgard response

We apologize for the level of service you have experienced, and for the inconvenience it's caused. We take all customer feedback very seriously. If you have defects in materials or workmanship, please call 1-800-Milgard. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We purchased a 12 ft three panel sliding glass door. The order, including nine other windows was delayed twice. Then our contractor received a call on a different day than the scheduled one that the slider was being delivered. The frame and only one of the three panels arrived so we had to cover it with plastic while waiting for the other two panels which took another two weeks. The middle section slides to the left as a sliding door would. The right panel is stationary but built the same as the left panel as if to accommodate a slider which it does not and is lined with same felt. This looks very odd and unfinished as if the middle slider should go both directions.

We went to the MI store and explained this to them asking if there’s a trim that could be installed in the right panel to give it a finished look. They were going to research this and get back to us but never did. My husband went back to MI a week later to try and get resolution, he was told he had to make an appointment to enter the store. They had him talk to the marketing director and he basically said we got what we ordered and would not give us the name of the company that produces their trim pieces so we could pursue the issue on our own. Customer service is very poor but the installers were very efficient and courteous. Sadly, I will not recommend MI to anyone.

Milgard response

I'm sorry to hear about this. We recommend talking with your contractor to make sure your order was as expected. If you have defects in materials or workmanship, please call 1-800-Milgard to request warranty service. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

When we first bought our home we worked with the tech directly. That was awesome because Josh was on the ball. He was super nice and always had the job done thoroughly and quickly. But, since Milgard reorganized and move all service calls to corporate the service went down hill fast (and I don't blame Josh for leaving Milgard). Instead of taking just a week or two to get replacements it started taking months. And, right now I am beyond PEEVED at Milgard. It's taking over a year to get 1 window replaced. I started calling them mid 2020 for this window (yes, I know the pandemic messed up things to an extent, but their customer service was like this before Covid). First, they didn't have anyone covering our area. Then, our tech came back from his accident and the window was wrong. One of their geniuses sent a window with grids when there were clearly no grids in the pictures I sent.

Then to top it off it was broken. So, it was rescheduled for like 1-2 months later (beginning of August), and the new guy calls me to tell me that ALL the glass on his truck was broken. So, rescheduled again for Oct 7. This time, no show & no call. I had to call corp to find out that supposedly AGAIN that ALL the glass on his truck was broken AGAIN. Then, I get an email rescheduling for DECEMBER! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Ever since Milgard reorganized, their service has gone downhill BIG TIME!!! Right now I would give them a zero star rating if I could!

Milgard response
      Hello Amanda. I'm so sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. I'd like to look into this and help. Can you please email me at social@milgard.com with your case # so I can look into this further?
      Hannah

Milgard Social Team

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The subculture I've experienced dealing with Milgard and several of their agents, several customer service staff, a sales manager and a sales rep has been the same. All whom I have dealt with have been remiss, almost careless, unsympathetic and bothered to help with anything. I gave them a 20K order, which was delayed an additional 1.5 months. I had to luck getting a response as to the nature of the delay. When the order arrived, one window had incorrect measurements. Getting this fixed was a nightmare. I have had to delay window inspections 3 months. No one at Milgard seems to care and if you get the slightest tone with them, well they just don't respond to you for weeks. I am now still waiting to hear back from them regarding this fix. Stay away. Terrible management.

Milgard response

We take all customer feedback very seriously. Please email me at social@milgard.com with your contact information so I can investigate this further. Thank you.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Milgard Company Information