2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5

Established in 1958, Milgard has been providing innovative & quality doors & windows. Whether you are looking for something traditional or something modern, you can rest assured that Milgard will have something just for you. Milgard offers a wide variety of styles & prices in order to help you find not only something you love, but that is within your budget. For more information, visit our website to request a brochure or give us a call today!

Milgard Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have beyond thrilled with Milgard's customer service. So much so I literally raved about it to a contractor friend this morning over brunch. I had two casement windows that were not functioning that were holding up my construction job- couldn't stucco until they were repaired. Azucena in the service department was extremely attentive, listened to the urgent nature of my situation and did all she could to help me get phone support and when that did not fix the solution she was able to schedule a senior tech to come by that weekend.

Jesse serviced my windows and exceeded my expectations. I was dreading having to have to wait for parts to come in or worse, a replacement window, or at the least having to wait for another appointment for the actual repair to take place. Jesse was able to repair everything on site. And not only that, he was able to look at all the installed windows and took care of a loud rattling patio door, that was not even on the list for repair. Courteous, knowledgeable, quick and professional. I am a lifelong Milgard fan!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I am the original owner of a 30 year-old, view home with low-e Milgard aluminum framed, double-pane windows. Over the years, several medium-sized and some very large view windows lost their seals and needed to be replaced. This has always been done at no cost to me through Milgard's generous lifetime warranty to the original owner.

This past week Milgard replaced yet another large view window and also fixed a case window with a stuck lower section that wouldn't slide open. Once again, Milgard did this at no cost to me. This company is amazing. Ordering the new window was a breeze. The service people were helpful and responsive. They came to my home with the replacement window and other parts within a few weeks of my order. A team of four, very professional and courteous men arrived to do the job. They all put covers over their shoes before entering our home and wore appropriate face masks as part of Covid19 protocols. After they were done they cleaned the replaced window and quickly cleared out. They even lubricated one of our slider doors that was a bit hard to open. Based on my experiences on this service and all the others across 30-years, I highly commend and recommend this company, their products and services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The response to my request was really slow. I put in request on Dec 6, 2019 and I got a response on Jan 25, 2020. Once we had contact I was told that they would schedule service, however not got follow up call when such service would take place. I had to follow up myself on Jan 30, 2020. From then on all went really smooth. The Service was scheduled for Wed 2/26/2020. A phone call would inform me two days before to remind me that service person would arrive on wednesday. The service persons would call before he would arrive. This all was done perfect.

Helmut called 30 minutes before he was to arrive and he came right on time. The service was perfect. Helmut checked and determined that the vinyl frame was not positioned correctly so the weather seals not engaged properly all around the frame. Especially the outside seal showed a gap. The window was taken out.The frame adjusted and the new window was installed. Helmut watched when we sprayed the window to make sure no more water leaks. Also checked the other window next to it and noticed that the frame was slightly crooked. He adjusted the hinges. Could not ask for more. Milgard service was great and the warranty program is indeed great. Thank you Milgard. This type of factory service makes all the difference when choosing your window and door manufacturer.

NOTE: I had asked the installer who had put in the windows and doors in my house. He not believed that it was a window problem but would report it. It appears that reporting means telling the dealer. The dealer in Bakersfield Lifetime Interiors could not be reached and it appears they are out of business. It is good that Milgard has a website for information but also to request service. One needs to have some patience but Milgard will take care of the problem. The lesson learned is to find an installer who has direct connections with the manufacturer. Contact Milgard when you believe something is wrong with your door or window.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Had a broken seal on a fixed window. Sent an email to the company who installed the window and they forwarded it on to Milgard. I received an email with a case number and was told a technician would come to replace the window in approximately 3 weeks. The technician came when he was scheduled but unfortunately had the completely wrong size of glass for the replacement. It took another month before they could get the right size and get it replaced for me. The fellow who came to replace it the second time was very friendly and quick. Took about 20 minutes at most. I would give 5 stars if only they had taken the time the first time to ask for a serial number or any more info about the size of the window. Since it took over 2 months to get it fixed I just couldn't give a perfect rating.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We built a weekend home several hundred miles from our primary residence and chose the Milgard Hermosa line of windows because they are designed specifically for the challenging Texas climate, as well as the Tuscany sliding doors to maximize the view. There were issues with both the doors and windows from the start - the doors were difficult to open/lock and many of the small support blocks on the sides of the awning windows fell out when we first opened them. Some windows also off-center operator arms that made it difficult to crank them.

Milgard sent Sy out to help us from Dallas, which is a six hour drive - one way. He immediately recognized that our own contractor had failed to insert the stops for the sliding doors and had brought extras with him. They now work perfectly! He also explained that during factory assembly, sometimes the users of the screw guns who are securing the blocks in place are being cautious not to overtighten the screws and had all the blocks repositioned in short order. He also demonstrated similar magic on the operator arms, showing easy manual adjustments. We did a complete 180 from feeling like suckers for spending so much money on the windows to being beyond impressed with Milgard! Thank goodness for, and thank you to, Milgard Customer Service and Sy!

Original review: July 31, 2020

It was an extremely and unreasonably long wait to get someone to come out to fix my broken glass. Over a month. However, the actual repair service was excellent. The repair was fast, clean and service provider was great.

Original review: July 31, 2020

The window technician arrived an hour earlier than expected. My wife wasn't home at the time and he was very accommodating. As soon as my wife arrived closer to our designated time I called him and he came over immediately. He was in and out in a flash. The window he replaced appears to be perfect. I will inspect it closer tomorrow during daylight hours. Overall I am very pleased with the process.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Built our house in 1989/90, bought Milgard top of the line windows with lifetime warranty. This is the third time in 30 years the company has honored our warranty, without a question. So glad we bought Milgard products, and would do it again and we have recommended them to others. After 30 years, they still honor this warranty, very impressive.

Original review: July 30, 2020

The technician came out this morning during the time window announced. He fixed the door. He left me contact information for any possible future repairs. I'm about 3/4s done with replacing all my house with Milgard Trinsic windows and sliding doors. The only thing I would say is that it took 4 weeks to get out, but now I have the local service center info, so it's all good!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Warranty slider window glass replacement. The tech showed up right on time, very courteous and professional. Had the window swapped out and the glass cleaned. The area picked up. As always Milgard windows are absolutely the best!! Thank you for doing a great job!!

Milgard author review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information