1.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a window & door company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Milgard

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017

163 Milgard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I am a second owner of a very nice house that is now eleven years old. At least 10 windows have fogged in the last year. No warranty! Even replacement glass will only have a five year warranty and totally at my expense. Most of the competition has lifetime on replacement glass. Unfortunately, no help from Milgard.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Apparently, after reading the other similar complaints on this site, we're not alone. But here's a brief description of our very poor service: On June 13, 2017 we ordered double French doors (with sidelight windows) for our home; they were delivered to Home Depot in Pinetop, AZ over 2 months later. They replaced a huge window that looks out into the woods. We had a custom home builder/contractor do the installation and saw that the door unit was off by 3/8", meaning they were wider at the bottom than the top! Have to lift up on the door and slam it shut. Contractor waited on the phone for 45 minutes, and ordered another exact replacement from P.O.#**, asking for an "expedite", which now seems comical. Obviously, we cannot add final molding, stain and seal the interior or install some shades for privacy. The contractor stuffed some insulation into the side cracks and nailed boards onto the bottom to keep out bugs and critters.

I spoke briefly with the manager of sales, who did not apologize for the error, but told me to contact Home Depot and that it would take at least 40 days to build another replacement door. The door size was larger than the window we removed and was configured as per info on the Milgard website, the contractor's framing was spot-on. HD is being very helpful on our behalf. I have left many phone messages for the manager of sales to return my call (again, pretty comical) and she's always on a "conference call". I need more info about the new door as far as reference numbers and time, etc. The contractor deserves to be paid for his time on the 1st install, and it will NOT be out of our account.

The second door will also NOT be out of our account... are you reading this Milgard?? It was your error! No customer service, horrible product control, otherwise I wouldn't be adding this complaint to a list. I do hope we get some help from Milgard because the door is beautiful and will add a lot to our home... it just won't close without lifting up and slamming really hard. Snow could fall early in our mountain community and that pink insulation just won't cut it! We need a new replacement door and soon. Will someone please take action and show some genuine customer care? I am a certified customer buyer... HD customer invoice#** (6-13-17) and PO# below.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Have home with at least 5 failed window seals, including 2 skylights and sliding glass doors from Milgard. Since I am the second home owner the Lifetime Warranty doesn't apply. Not sure why buying a home should cancel out a lifetime guarantee on a window. As a home owner I have done nothing to make these windows fail... It is a failure of the manufacturing and window product itself. Of the windows in the home that do not have failed seals, they are difficult to open close. Am very disappointed with the Milgard product and would caution anyone looking to purchase these products. Especially if you are purchasing a used home.

Milgard response

Hi Martha - I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through. As you have learned, the warranty is for the person who purchases the windows. We can provide you with a list of dealers in your area who help 2nd owners with window replacement and repairs, if that is helpful, though they will charge their own fees. If you would like this list, you can email me at social@milgard.com.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

On December 25, 2016 one of the main windows of my home was broken by a golf ball. No problem, I thought, I have replacement warranty on the window. Within a week I called Milgard, regarding the replacement and was scheduled for March, 2017 - which was concerning as I live on the coast of Northern California, and one pane was broken and glass shards were coming off. However, I accepted this. The day before my window replacement was due to happen, I was called and told there was a backlog on the product and that my window would not be replaced until May. Extremely frustrated at the extended timeline, I left messages for the unnamed supervisor which were never returned.

In May, the window replacement arrived, and due to inaccurate instructions on where to locate the serial number for the window, it turned out to be the wrong window. Technician indicated he would submit new order and attempt to get a rush on it. Milgard called the next week to let me know that the window replacement was scheduled for August 8. On Friday, July 28, Milgard called to tell me that the technician was unavailable to install my window on August 1 and it would now be October 12. I explained that I was told August 8, they said no, and that they would put me on a list, should an opening come up sooner.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, as we will now be approaching 10 months since my window broke, for the replacement. I left a voicemail, which has never been returned. I called again on Monday, July 31, as was told there were no openings yet, but I remained on the list, and that again, a message was left with the supervisor to contact me. I am now getting letters from my homeowners' association regarding the situation, as my home has a huge piece of plywood covering this window, on the front of my house. This company has extremely poor sense of customer service and I am unable to get any support from any managerial person at their site. I have also attempted to put a note on their Facebook page to get support, which has also been ignored. Any help you can provide is great. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I am the second owner of a home. I have a house full of Milgard Windows which do not open, or are nearly impossible to open. I have two kids and I am scared to death they won't be able to open a window to get out if there is a fire. If not a single window in the entire house works properly, the windows are either poorly made or defective. I've asked Milgard to supply the parts needed to make the windows open and close. They've stated unequivocally that because I am the second owner, they are not under warranty so it's not their problem. A house full of windows won't open? I see this as a life and death matter for my kids and common decency for a company. What horrible customer service. Someone contacted me about a class action suit. Hmmm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: July 14, 2017

Product needs QA, Fantastic Local Service Rep. Our local contractor admitted that he tested our windows we had ordered for a 7-window replacement job. He ordered the correct windows and either he had the wrong SKU/poor sales support but it took 12 weeks for the windows to arrive after he had measured the windows several times for accuracy. The installation was a bit of a nightmare for my contractors team due to some preexisting work and conditions, but also because they were trying to hurry through it, and did not do it right the first time. Most of the windows worked 5 out of 7, but two had problems. For the two windows that did not function they were separate issues - one had been missing a catch component on the inside for the latch close and release, there was a hole but no part.

For the second, it was tricky because the window frame was bowed in, and we validated using a level. This was an alignment for the window to slide down and function to catch and close. So, fast forward to 2 months later, where my contractor only contacted his rep and not Milgard directly, we set up a call and had them come out the next day. We had the best Glendale-Phoenix service rep visit where we not only had the root cause of the window problem explained in detail to us, we had our service rep fix our issue without taking any shortcut or rushing through the job! He did all the right parts, and devised a phenomenal fix for the bowed out window (contractor issue) and left us the correct type of spray (Silicone Spray) for window maintenance. Couldn't be happier on what I feel as one of our best service calls since I have moved to Phoenix. 5 stars!

Original review: July 12, 2017

These windows leak and a poor quality. We had the glass replaced in six windows a few years ago. Unfortunately, we had an additional 3 windows that continued to fog up and have water between the panes. Those were also replaced. Now, we have 3 windows that need to be replaced AGAIN. I contacted Milgard in April 2017. The glass was to come in May 15. When I contacted them regarding installation, they told me to wait 1-2 week and someone would contact me. It is now July 11th and I still have no replacement windows. I would never recommend this company to anyone... Not even someone I did not like. They offer poor quality customer service and an inferior product. Too bad our builder chose them when he built this house. They should be ashamed!

Original review: June 13, 2017

We first bought Milgard windows for our kitchen in early 2016. Two panels on one window did not open and close correctly. We were told to spray WD-40 into the tracks to help them slide smoothly. We did not do this as it seemed it could clog the wheels as normal dirt and dust got into the works. We asked for a technician to come out and find out what was wrong. We were told that they could come out after our doors were installed so they'd just have to make one trip to "tune them up."

In November of 2016, we ordered two sliding doors from Milgard. We were told there would be a six week wait for delivery. They were delivered over three months later. When installed, the doors did not slide correctly. A technician came out, but he was only there to replace a broken lock on one door. He said the doors and windows seemed to slide okay to him. He used a razor blade to cut away the weather stripping, saying that was impeding the door's ability to slide smoothly. His fix did not help at all, it just destroyed the weather stripping. The weather stripping is now hacked and uneven, some of it is below the level of the frame, rendering those areas completely useless. He also sprayed silicone into the tracks, saying that we had to do that regularly for the doors and windows to work right. All this did was make a huge mess and turned the tracks black. The doors and windows still did not open correctly.

Another technician came out and said he felt the door worked well for the little wheels they were using on them. He explained that they use the same wheel mechanism on the big sliding doors as they do on the little window panels. He said the bigger the door, the harder it should be to open. The wheels are not designed for the large doors. We live in a housing tract, the doors are not an unusual or special order size. According to this guy, by design, the heaviest door should be extremely difficult to open and close. He agreed that the bigger doors should have heavy duty wheels, but that's not what Milgard uses. He took one panel out of the window and replaced the broken wheels. That window works fine, but the other one is still stiff and difficult to open. He was unable to get it working as smoothly as the other one. To this day, it is still more difficult to open.

At this point I will say that these windows and doors, the way they slide in the tracks, are absolutely not working the way they do in Milgard's own showroom. There is no oily residue in those tracks, they do not regularly spray them with goop in an attempt to get them to work well. The windows and doors installed in our home are not as advertised, we feel like they did a bait and switch on us. I will also point out that our old doors were made in 1985 and worked smoothly and easily. They were double-paned, as the new ones are. They were also metal and "heavy" and yet, they were easily opened even by a small child. The new doors take a lot of effort, even by the technicians, to open and close. My grandkids are unable to open them at all. I am unable to use the door.

After my husband showed the contractor how the door grinds against the frame and is being scratched as it opens and closes, his distributor came out to look at it. He agreed to talk to Milgard about replacing at least that panel. He also agreed that the panel should slide more easily and there was something wrong. The next technician showed us that the panel installed was the wrong panel, wrong serial number and should not have been delivered with that frame. He promised to fix it and have it done right.

We were scheduled for today, June 13, to replace the panel. The man who showed up today had a handle in his hands. No panel. A door handle. He said he was replacing a scratched door handle. He had no information or knowledge of the door panel and said he had been scheduled for this and this only. A Milgard rep called me and said they didn't have two technicians available to install the panel. When I asked why they scheduled today to do it, then didn't actually put it on their work schedule, she put me on mute as I spoke. She came back with an amused tone and said she will schedule it for tomorrow and that's the best she can do. She didn't ask if I was available, she didn't ask if it was okay, she simply stated that they'd be here tomorrow.

After several reschedules (with my husband taking off work to be here), after having them tell me that I'm standing in the wrong position to open the windows, after them trying to convince us that big doors should be nearly impossible to open, I'm done being patient. I feel they've ripped us off and been extremely dishonest and incompetent. They've dragged their feet for months and my house is in an unfinished state with Milgard products that are substandard and don't work properly.

Milgard is not good quality, their customer service is extremely poor and they really don't care about their customer's satisfaction. You have to hound them to even get them to deliver doors and windows that you paid for, within the time frame that they set. Apparently you can't expect the products to work as advertised, either. I would put in an order number, but they haven't given me one. My contractor asked for it and was told that no one in the office currently knows it or can access it.

Original review: June 6, 2017

About four years ago I contacted Milgard for the replacement of the foggy windows of a condo bought in 2006. Built in 2006, most other condos have had the same problem in this building. I was given the runaround, and after numerous phone calls & messages they said to call SIMI-Milgard for So. Calif. which has horrible customer service. They kept not responding until the 10 year warranty has finished! Milgard has not complied with any warranty and proven dishonesty. There should be a "CLASS ACTION SUIT" against "MILGARD".

Original review: June 2, 2017

We bought Milgard because we were told they were a reputable company to deal with. We now have had to replace about 75% of our windows and have five more that they are supposed to replace. It's been over five months now that we've been waiting, and we just keep getting excuses... the latest is they couldn't find a second workman to put the windows in. Absolutely horrible company and windows that don't hold up. We purchased these 20 years ago and I don't have an order number, and I sincerely wish there was a way to leave zero stars as that reflects better this pathetic company.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I called Milgard for a warranty issue on two of our rental properties which have Milgard windows. The properties are only 12 years old and we have owned them for six years. The tech came out, found three windows with bad seals, put black X's on them, opened the window with the bad spring and proclaimed it needed a new spring kit. He then put all of his weight on the window to close it rather than gently guiding it back down causing the plastic guides to explode. Not a big deal... until I get a phone call from Milgard that tells me there is no warranty on the windows. What about the X's and broken guides I ask? Your problem, I'm told...

Original review: May 23, 2017

After much back and forth and extremely long (one 30 minutes plus) holds on the phone I finally received a service call date for a warranty replacement for a window pane that failed due to an obvious manufacturing defect, that I sent Milgard photos of. Today is May 22nd. The service call date is August 25th, over three months out. Pleeze!!!

Original review: May 21, 2017

Before telling my story, to those that may be reading reviews: Based on my experience I would never ever purchase a Milgard product, ever!! Look elsewhere and cross Milgard off your list. I own a condominium in a building with 5 small businesses on the ground level and 5 condominiums above on the second floor and loft (3rd flr). The windows were manufactured in January 2006, and the building was constructed in 2006. At around 8 years of age, shortly after I took ownership of one of the units and became a board member of our little association, I took on trying to work with Milgard, because a few of the residential units particularly on the 3rd floor gable had leaky/foggy windows (8). By the time I got a hold of Milgard, the windows were 10 years and 2 months old. Well I found because the ground floor is commercial even though none of their windows are a problem, the lifetime warranty is only 10 years. See where is this going?

Counting each piece of glass, now that the windows are 11 years old, 29 out of 39 have failed. These are just on the front of the building. Milgard regional office in Denver refuses to honor the warranty, refuses to elevate my complaint, or even consider doing the right thing and honoring the warranty to repair and replace the glass. Now if this were only a few, maybe, ok. 75% failure rate on the windows and Milgard refuses to do anything about it. Poor quality, poor product, and pathetically poor customer service and warranty. This company should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. 5 owners are now strapped with over $8000 in out of pocket repairs, due to poor products and service from Milgard. Today while cleaning my windows, I discovered another window on the opposite side now leaking. So the saga continues.

Original review: May 18, 2017

2015 August we bought 2 windows LARGE picture frame 70". After installing them by a professional licensed contractor, 3-4 months one of them cracked in the interior glass all over diagonal. Repair costs projected to at least 1500 with 2-3 people to replace it. 6 months after, the second window cracks forming two diagonal curves. Both start from a point closest to the aluminum frame. For the first it started from the top, for the second one from the left side frame. Milgard reports no issues or recalls. Yet consumer site shows over 148 complaints as of 05.20.17.

Original review: May 8, 2017

We bought our house 2 years ago — It's 11 years old. We had 9 windows that the seal was broken. I called Milgard and they were really great actually. They came out and replaced them since we made it under the 10-year limited warranty since we aren't the original owners. However, since then, we have lost the seal on 2 more windows that they won't replace. That makes half the windows in our house have failed. When I walk through our neighborhood, it's clear that a lot of people are having the same problems. You can see pink, swirly windows all over the place. Since our neighborhood is still what I would consider newer, it's pretty bad. Obviously these windows are of inferior quality. The home we had been living in was 15 years old and had only lost the seal on one window. Really disappointed in the overall quality.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Leaks, 1/2 the windows are unlockable, the mechanism wasn't glued in on most, the screens are super loose (image about 2 inches of play in either direction) -- and the coup de grace -- 5 months before they will come and look at my installation. Use this company at your peril. They are horrible.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I have had 4-5 Milgard windows fail over the past 10 years. I recently waited several months for technicians to come out and measure a large window that cracked and lost its seal, and a small window with a crack in the vinyl. I was promised a repair date of May 19th and made numerous appointments and arrangements to accommodate the repair. I recently got a phone call from Milgard to schedule the repair even though I had scheduled a date already. Milgard claims the first person I scheduled with months ago failed to enter the date. I am now left with a lot of additional work and rescheduling. Additionally, Milgard says they cannot make the repair until July. I first called them in January.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor and have yet to receive a phone call from one despite two phone calls. I used to respect Milgard and the repairs I needed years ago were made promptly and as scheduled. They obviously have a change of attitude and I have heard from others that it is not uncommon to wait many months for a warranty repair, if Milgard honors the warranty at all.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Had some remodeling done - spent a fortune on new windows and one is leaking. After our contractor called Milgard 15 times they sent someone out just to verify the leak was the window and not installer - which is was. That was back in December and still no date for repair! Calling weekly but no response. DON'T BUY Milgard windows!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

After six weeks of trying to get a window fixed under warranty I have gotten zero help from Milgard windows. I have broken glass which has been stated to me by the contractor that is under warranty for life. I spoke with a representative for Milgard windows and he said a service ticket would be written up for the repair. That was over three weeks ago. 10 days ago I asked for an update with no response. Not getting much help from Lowe's either. Milgard's service is proving to be absolutely horrible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

After contacting Milgard to explore a case which might have been under warranty, I found out their glass breakage warranty is worthless. There are no reasonable conditions under which it would ever be valid. The person on the phone told me that a baseball coming through the window would be covered, but only if it is accidental. If it was intentional, it is NOT covered, as it is considered civil disobedience. How would one ever prove in court whether it was intentional or unintentional?? In our case, it was an accidental discharge of a BB gun. However, even though it was an accident, because they consider it a weapon, it is considered civil disobedience and not covered.

So, just be forewarned: The product is good but the warranty is worthless so don't make your decision based upon that. As a result, I feel I was misled because the salesman told us that "a child throwing a toy through the window" would be covered. Of course, that would only be true if it was an accident, according to Milgard. Do not pay extra.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

One of my windows broke on the inside while I wasn't home. Milgard says it's not under warranty, suggesting the cold caused it. I live in Southern California. Cold? My warranty doesn't mention breakage or even cold weather. Seems they are reading from a newer warranty they now use. They won't budge. Sorry I didn't use another company. Will gladly put out the word never to use Milgard.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We put 35K worth of windows in our home based on the lifetime warranty Milgard offered. We called them in November of 2016 because 1 of the 5 3X5s had failed and had so much moisture in it that we couldn't see the view of the water, which is why we put in 5 large windows. They had us measure the window and told us they wouldn't send anyone out until 1/25/17. I was disappointed because I had to look at this window all through the holidays. They sent one man out yesterday. He said they never told him the size of the window and he didn't have a piece big enough and also it was a two man job and they only sent one.

We called today to make sure they would send someone else out soon but they said it would be another 6 weeks before they can re-schedule us. A lifetime warranty is great if they have people to service the windows but apparently they don't. My husband tried to get a supervisor on the line but the woman with whom he was speaking could hardly speak English and said someone would call him tomorrow. I took a day off from work to meet this repairman who wasn't the least bit sorry that he didn't have any glass on the truck to do the job.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Lifetime Warranty. Don't believe it. I think I will spend a lifetime trying to get a simple repair completed. I continue to get the runaround from Milgard. They sent the small part to a local dealer 7 weeks ago. Milgard told me the dealer is busy and will get to me. The dealer tells me Milgard won't agree on the payment process. The dealer won't schedule the repair until Milgard settles how they will pay them. I call Milgard Sacramento office for the fourth time in 2 months and am finally told they won't work with this dealer and will have their own people take care of it and will call me. 10 days later. No calls. I call the Tacoma headquarters and was told they don't have their own repair people. Next, I was passed on to someone's voicemail and once again left my message of despair that the warranty department has failed me. How many more wet, rainy days must I tape and towel my window until they can figure out how pay their contracted dealers?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

We had four windows and two sliding doors [Milgard Tuscany Windows & Sliding Doors (Vinyl)] recently installed to replace 40 year old aluminum windows and doors. We live near the beach where it is sometimes very windy. After installation, the wind penetrated the windows and vibrated our window blinds, and also our slider leaked air which cause the swaying of our vertical blinds. The air leaks also defeated the insulation effect of the new double-pane glass as our rooms are as cold or colder than when we had our old windows in.

Milgard sent out a service rep who added some more insulation material to the corners of the windows. This did not work and we requested a second service rep for help (total time to get the two reps: about 3 months). The second service rep said that the windows and doors conformed to their technical specifications and that there was nothing he could do. How could we be charged over $12k and have windows that do not keep the wind out? It looks like there will be litigation with our installer and Milgard over this matter. It is a very sad state of affairs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Ordered milgard windows. One window didn't close. Took 2 months. Literally 2 months. To get tech out to fix it. Didn't fix it properly. Then when I called customer service again to report window still not closing properly (and now weather cold) they are making me wait 1 month for tech to get out to fix problem.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I remodeled my home in 2009. I also used them on my old house remod in 2000 and I had no problems. I had installed 23 Milgard windows which came with a lifetime guarantee. For some reason the outside pane on my large living room window broke. Unknown cause. I called Milgard and within 10 days the window was replaced. When I spoke to the lady at Milgard I asked if my son threw a baseball through it would it be covered. She said, 'yes'. I asked if a week later he did the same thing if it would be covered she said 'yes'. I asked if a week later if it happened again if it would be covered. The lady said "we will want to talk to your kid"! So far all has been good.

I noticed on my first remod the first time I closed them all how quiet it was. For my two rear sliders I chose Anderson. Honestly I don't know why. They have chips from my dog and only come with a ten year guarantee. I also was told that they are owned by Home Depot a company which I now avoid. They have products made specifically for them and the quality is not there. I read about these nightmares with windows rotting etc. I have had none of these issues. Maybe because I live in SO California? However I do know you must have sufficient overhang to avoid water striking your windows directly. Anyway very happy with Milgard and would not hesitate to use them again. As far as my builder? He was a moron and I had to constantly watch him.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

We bought a 13 year old house. We have at least 7 windows and 2 skylights that have failed. Called Milgard twice and customer service told us since we weren't the original owners and it has been 13 years, the "lifetime warranty" has become a worthless nothing warranty. I even left a message for a higher up in customer service and did not receive a callback. The higher up must be so high he cannot return phone calls. What kind of warranty goes from lifetime to worthless in 13 years???

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I am the second owner of a Pulte home that was built with Milgard windows. I am having trouble with a large sliding glass door binding when the door is shut. I called Milgard and after the third call which was transferred to California (I am in Arizona). I got a case number. I was instructed to call an Arizona number to schedule service. I called the Arizona number and was told their computers were down and to call back later. I called back a day later and was told by another person that the Milgard lifetime warranty only applied to the original owner. They said therefore the original warranty to me was only 10 years and 10 years had come and gone Feb. 2016. Milgard further told me that if I had contacted them before Feb. 2016 they could have fixed the problem. I didn't have a problem before Feb. 2016. It is obvious that Milgard does not know much about customer service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

When I purchased my home in 2010, the existing but new Milgard slider and window was already defective, with extreme streaking on the inside between the dual panes of glass. I called Milgard at that time since the windows were newer but they claimed the warranty went with the original homeowner and not the house. After much hassle and many phone calls, Milgard finally agreed to replace the windows. They were not nice about it. Their customer service at that time was so poor and their attitude so snarky, I was shocked since I had previously assumed Milgard was a good company.

Fast forward 6 years and the slider window they replaced has now become defective again. The streaking is covering the moving side of the slider. It is a complete eyesore and we live on a lake and our views are important to us. Well today when I called Milgard again about the issue in hopes they would stand behind their product and offer us a replacement, they basically told me it's not their problem. They told me I'd have to go through a local distributor to pay for the replacement, or I could go through them at a considerably higher cost.

The representative in the service and quality control was so cold and disinterested; she had a complete lack of concern or even consideration for my concern -- twice now the windows are defective. She never once said, "I'm so sorry for your experience." And she certainly never said that Milgard stands behind their products! They obviously don't and I would say to anyone considering a Milgard product, don't! Try American Vision, Pella or anyone else, but not Milgard.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

We purchased windows from Milgard only to find that the windows all had, what I think, sloppy finishing: vent windows misaligned, sealant around sealed units very sloppy. Upon my complaint and after their technician's assessment (he agreed that the workmanship was sloppy), the local Milgard rep stated that "the windows are within industry tolerance levels for workmanship." In other words, the windows are OK. So, nothing was done. Nowhere did I find a statement re: industry tolerance levels. So much for "customer satisfaction guaranteed" as stated in the Milgard brochure.

Milgard expert review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.
    • Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.
    • Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.
    • Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.
    • Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
    • Best for: Milgard is best for people who are environmentally conscious, homeowners, condo owners, landlords and business owners.
    Profile picture of Joseph Truini
    Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information