2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

BOTTOM LINE

Milgard is a well-established company that offers a variety of window types and styles. Its West Coast dealer network provides pricing and installation, and all its windows come with a lifetime warranty.

PROS
  • Made in the U.S.
  • Many options
  • Full lifetime warranty
CONS
  • No online pricing
  • Limited dealer network

Top Milgard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Techs were all fantastic. Know their job and do it right. Excellent product! House stays cool much longer on extremely hot days and Retains heat in winter. We really appreciate the quiet shield from outside noise, especially at night time. I would definitely purchase again. Great investment!

We installed Milgard Windows in 1998, and over the past 22 years, they have replaced any broken window seals for us at no charge. All our windows continue to operate like new, we have been very pleased with the Milgard Window company.

About Milgard

Milgard is a window manufacturer that offers several materials and styles. The company has a reputation for making high-quality and long-lasting products. A full lifetime warranty is included with all its windows. You can request a quote, consultation or brochure online, or you can visit one of Milgard’s local dealers across 16 Western states.

Milgard window styles

Milgard offers fiberglass, aluminum and vinyl windows in a variety of styles, including single-hung, double-hung, horizontal sliding, casement and awning, as well as some picture and specialty options for living rooms and street-facing spaces. During your initial consultation, a Milgard sales rep will explain the various style options for each room in your home.

Milgard window installation

Milgard arranges installation with an authorized dealer; check its website to find an option near you. The dealers work around your schedule, and installation typically takes only a few hours. The contractors can remove old windows and clean up messes before installing the new products. After installation, your windows are covered by a full lifetime warranty.

Milgard window prices

Milgard prices range from $150 to $1,500 per window, depending on type and style. With installation, the windows come to $250 to $2,000 each. Schedule a quote or consultation with a local dealer to get pricing and style options for your home. Milgard can also help you find financing or other payment options. Also, if you’re upgrading to high-efficiency windows, you could qualify for additional tax credits.

Milgard FAQ

How long do Milgard windows last?
    The lifespan of Milgard windows depends on the materials, but they typically last 20 to 25 years.
    Does Milgard sell replacement windows?
    Yes, Milgard sells replacement windows. Request a quote online or from a local dealer for pricing.
    Who makes Milgard?
    Milgard manufactures its own windows. Its manufacturing plants are based in Tacoma, Washington.
    Who owns Milgard?
    Masco Corporation acquired Milgard Windows in 2019. This parent company is headquartered in Michigan.

Are Milgard windows good?

Milgard is a well-established window manufacturer. Its windows are high in quality, designed to last, and covered by a full lifetime warranty (for homeowners). Schedule a consultation or visit a local dealer to discuss your options.

Milgard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I contacted VIVAX, my installer in August as my French Door had become misaligned and was striking the threshold and the other door. They came out and made an adjustment on August 17th, which helped, but did not entirely solve the problem. They said they needed to get Milgard to come out for further adjustment and that it would take 2-3 weeks.

I finally got a call from you last week, and we scheduled for October 19. (9weeks) The guys were here early, but I was able to meet them. They looked at it, made an adjustment, and the problem is fixed. About 10 minutes. They were polite and efficient and as I told them I am happy. Other than the very long wait time, I am happy with the service, and I do love the windows. I suspect the delay was at least partly on the part of VIVAX, who also did some painting and repairs on my home besides the window install. It took me a year and a half to get the job done properly..

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Milgard is one of the very best companies I have dealt with in my almost 80 years on this planet. Your factory customer service representatives and the level of service they provide is truly magnificent. When I have called with an issue, like a lost seal on a window or door, they have my records immediately available and to clarify might ask “...is this the window to the right or left of the picture window on the North side of the ‘sunroom’ (even though they are both the same size)."

Regarding your field service representative in this area, I cannot say or find enough positive words about Marc **. He is courteous, knows his business, is polite, communicates well and is efficient, clean and neat about his work. Milgard has selected a fine employee and service agent to represent your company. I have been pleased every day that I chose Milgard windows for my home. They were installed in ~2005 timeframe. If your marketing department is ever in need of a model home to represent your product or wish to have a ‘customer-testimonial’, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Bernardo **

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

We were recently broken into because the Milgard door installed in the kitchen didn't lock the same way as our other doors did. Also, the installer didn't do a good job installing and left a huge gap in between the two doors. I called the following day to have one of the technicians to perform an assessment and fix the issues. I didn't have a good experience the first time I called. I was put on hold for at 45 minutes, only to find out that Milgard couldn't help me unless I open a ticket. I tried to open a ticket while I had her on the line and but I couldn't find the number. The person I spoke with made me so frustrated because she refused to help me. She was rude, talked over me, had no compassion, even though I told her we were just robbed and I really needed help to fix the door. Instead, she hung up on me after having me wait so long! That was so unprofessional!

I called back. I asked for supervisor but I was transferred to the SALES department. I don't know why I was transferred there. The only obvious reason why is (1) no one wants to help me (2) your receptionists are not properly trained well to handle calls (3) everyone is just lazy and don't care about anything and will just transfer you anywhere to get you off their backs. Luckily I spoke with a girl named Erin who really helped me out. She kept her word, literally walked my information to the right department and had someone come out here the following day. She was very helpful and understood why I was so upset. Even the guy who came out was nice. I really want to thank them both.

All I ask is that all our information in your system appeared to be incorrect and Erin had difficulties locating our orders. I would like to straighten out the door information we have on file so we don't have to deal with this again. Thank you for listening. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact at **. PS: the stars are only meant for Erin and the technician who came and fixed our doors. All the other staff I encountered with, I would give them 0 stars if I could. I'm really glad I was put through to Erin.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have beyond thrilled with Milgard's customer service. So much so I literally raved about it to a contractor friend this morning over brunch. I had two casement windows that were not functioning that were holding up my construction job- couldn't stucco until they were repaired. Azucena in the service department was extremely attentive, listened to the urgent nature of my situation and did all she could to help me get phone support and when that did not fix the solution she was able to schedule a senior tech to come by that weekend.

Jesse serviced my windows and exceeded my expectations. I was dreading having to have to wait for parts to come in or worse, a replacement window, or at the least having to wait for another appointment for the actual repair to take place. Jesse was able to repair everything on site. And not only that, he was able to look at all the installed windows and took care of a loud rattling patio door, that was not even on the list for repair. Courteous, knowledgeable, quick and professional. I am a lifelong Milgard fan!

Original review: June 17, 2020

I am the original owner of a 30 year-old, view home with low-e Milgard aluminum framed, double-pane windows. Over the years, several medium-sized and some very large view windows lost their seals and needed to be replaced. This has always been done at no cost to me through Milgard's generous lifetime warranty to the original owner.

This past week Milgard replaced yet another large view window and also fixed a case window with a stuck lower section that wouldn't slide open. Once again, Milgard did this at no cost to me. This company is amazing. Ordering the new window was a breeze. The service people were helpful and responsive. They came to my home with the replacement window and other parts within a few weeks of my order. A team of four, very professional and courteous men arrived to do the job. They all put covers over their shoes before entering our home and wore appropriate face masks as part of Covid19 protocols. After they were done they cleaned the replaced window and quickly cleared out. They even lubricated one of our slider doors that was a bit hard to open. Based on my experiences on this service and all the others across 30-years, I highly commend and recommend this company, their products and services.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Very professional and excellent service. I would highly recommend them to my friends. They were quick, cleaned up after themselves and did an excellent job. They showed up as scheduled and were very courteous as well as being very professional. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: March 5, 2021

2 sliding windows were replaced which had mold inside. Second time a slider had to be replaced. So glad we have a lifetime warranty. Somehow the first request for replacement was lost but with the second request and additional window involved, even though it was during Covid 19 time, repairman came out and took care of the problem in no time.

Dear customer service,

Thank you for always taking care of my window replacements under warranty since I am the original homeowner who built this home. The improvements your engineering teams have made to the windows should provide a longer life cycle to the products you provide to your customer. I would recommend your company/products to anyone who is interested in purchasing windows. Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

Walter **

Original review: March 4, 2021

Replacement of sun damaged dual pane 15 yr. old window. Service was done by Marco **, who was on time. Marco wore a mask (during the pandemic), worked quickly and efficiently. Pleasant workman, neat and clean. We were disappointed in waiting several months (and two cancellations) for service. However, we understand these are trying times for everyone. This was worth the wait. Thanks.

Original review: March 4, 2021

The team that came out worked fast, they were very diligent in cleaning up, and were super friendly and helpful. Definitely would recommend this group to anyone. From service call to installation they were on top of the project for us. Thanks.

Milgard Company Information