2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5

Milgard manufactures doors and windows in a range of traditional and modern styles. Its products are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty. The company works with dealers across 16 states.

Milgard Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Milgard?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Milgard is one of the very best companies I have dealt with in my almost 80 years on this planet. Your factory customer service representatives and the level of service they provide is truly magnificent. When I have called with an issue, like a lost seal on a window or door, they have my records immediately available and to clarify might ask “...is this the window to the right or left of the picture window on the North side of the ‘sunroom’ (even though they are both the same size)."

Regarding your field service representative in this area, I cannot say or find enough positive words about Marc **. He is courteous, knows his business, is polite, communicates well and is efficient, clean and neat about his work. Milgard has selected a fine employee and service agent to represent your company. I have been pleased every day that I chose Milgard windows for my home. They were installed in ~2005 timeframe. If your marketing department is ever in need of a model home to represent your product or wish to have a ‘customer-testimonial’, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Bernardo **

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

We were recently broken into because the Milgard door installed in the kitchen didn't lock the same way as our other doors did. Also, the installer didn't do a good job installing and left a huge gap in between the two doors. I called the following day to have one of the technicians to perform an assessment and fix the issues. I didn't have a good experience the first time I called. I was put on hold for at 45 minutes, only to find out that Milgard couldn't help me unless I open a ticket. I tried to open a ticket while I had her on the line and but I couldn't find the number. The person I spoke with made me so frustrated because she refused to help me. She was rude, talked over me, had no compassion, even though I told her we were just robbed and I really needed help to fix the door. Instead, she hung up on me after having me wait so long! That was so unprofessional!

I called back. I asked for supervisor but I was transferred to the SALES department. I don't know why I was transferred there. The only obvious reason why is (1) no one wants to help me (2) your receptionists are not properly trained well to handle calls (3) everyone is just lazy and don't care about anything and will just transfer you anywhere to get you off their backs. Luckily I spoke with a girl named Erin who really helped me out. She kept her word, literally walked my information to the right department and had someone come out here the following day. She was very helpful and understood why I was so upset. Even the guy who came out was nice. I really want to thank them both.

All I ask is that all our information in your system appeared to be incorrect and Erin had difficulties locating our orders. I would like to straighten out the door information we have on file so we don't have to deal with this again. Thank you for listening. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact at **. PS: the stars are only meant for Erin and the technician who came and fixed our doors. All the other staff I encountered with, I would give them 0 stars if I could. I'm really glad I was put through to Erin.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I am the original owner of a 30 year-old, view home with low-e Milgard aluminum framed, double-pane windows. Over the years, several medium-sized and some very large view windows lost their seals and needed to be replaced. This has always been done at no cost to me through Milgard's generous lifetime warranty to the original owner.

This past week Milgard replaced yet another large view window and also fixed a case window with a stuck lower section that wouldn't slide open. Once again, Milgard did this at no cost to me. This company is amazing. Ordering the new window was a breeze. The service people were helpful and responsive. They came to my home with the replacement window and other parts within a few weeks of my order. A team of four, very professional and courteous men arrived to do the job. They all put covers over their shoes before entering our home and wore appropriate face masks as part of Covid19 protocols. After they were done they cleaned the replaced window and quickly cleared out. They even lubricated one of our slider doors that was a bit hard to open. Based on my experiences on this service and all the others across 30-years, I highly commend and recommend this company, their products and services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The response to my request was really slow. I put in request on Dec 6, 2019 and I got a response on Jan 25, 2020. Once we had contact I was told that they would schedule service, however not got follow up call when such service would take place. I had to follow up myself on Jan 30, 2020. From then on all went really smooth. The Service was scheduled for Wed 2/26/2020. A phone call would inform me two days before to remind me that service person would arrive on wednesday. The service persons would call before he would arrive. This all was done perfect.

Helmut called 30 minutes before he was to arrive and he came right on time. The service was perfect. Helmut checked and determined that the vinyl frame was not positioned correctly so the weather seals not engaged properly all around the frame. Especially the outside seal showed a gap. The window was taken out.The frame adjusted and the new window was installed. Helmut watched when we sprayed the window to make sure no more water leaks. Also checked the other window next to it and noticed that the frame was slightly crooked. He adjusted the hinges. Could not ask for more. Milgard service was great and the warranty program is indeed great. Thank you Milgard. This type of factory service makes all the difference when choosing your window and door manufacturer.

NOTE: I had asked the installer who had put in the windows and doors in my house. He not believed that it was a window problem but would report it. It appears that reporting means telling the dealer. The dealer in Bakersfield Lifetime Interiors could not be reached and it appears they are out of business. It is good that Milgard has a website for information but also to request service. One needs to have some patience but Milgard will take care of the problem. The lesson learned is to find an installer who has direct connections with the manufacturer. Contact Milgard when you believe something is wrong with your door or window.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We built a weekend home several hundred miles from our primary residence and chose the Milgard Hermosa line of windows because they are designed specifically for the challenging Texas climate, as well as the Tuscany sliding doors to maximize the view. There were issues with both the doors and windows from the start - the doors were difficult to open/lock and many of the small support blocks on the sides of the awning windows fell out when we first opened them. Some windows also off-center operator arms that made it difficult to crank them.

Milgard sent Sy out to help us from Dallas, which is a six hour drive - one way. He immediately recognized that our own contractor had failed to insert the stops for the sliding doors and had brought extras with him. They now work perfectly! He also explained that during factory assembly, sometimes the users of the screw guns who are securing the blocks in place are being cautious not to overtighten the screws and had all the blocks repositioned in short order. He also demonstrated similar magic on the operator arms, showing easy manual adjustments. We did a complete 180 from feeling like suckers for spending so much money on the windows to being beyond impressed with Milgard! Thank goodness for, and thank you to, Milgard Customer Service and Sy!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

The latch was broken when installed so the call was placed to repair it. The technician came out and quickly repaired the broken item and had it working in no time. There was an added issue with the slide lock and he repaired them too. Apparently, a screw was placed in the wrong spot when installed and so he moved it. All good now.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Locking/opening window latch was not catching properly. The gentlemen who came to the home knew/understood what the problem was right away and they were able to have everything fixed within 15 minutes of arriving to my home. Side note: This is the second set of Milgard windows I have purchased. I will not have any other window. All of my windows and service have been excellent!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Milgard is the only company that I have ever experienced the “lifetime warranty”! Milgard is the best. They are true to their promise. One of the few companies with the best customer service. More power to Milgard!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I had a number of dual glazed windows replaced when they started to fail. The first installer was friendly and punctual. The second installer (yesterday) called ahead to say he would be *early,* arrived, was friendly, installed the window and was on his way. I couldn't ask for better! Thank you!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

The service man did a wonderful job installing our new window. I would recommend them to clean or ask us to clean it before installing it, only because this particular window is hard to reach on the exterior and would've been a lot easier to clean prior to installing.

Milgard author review by Joseph Truini

Milgard has been building doors and windows for over 50 years. It has certified dealers in 18 western U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska as well as in Alberta, and British Columbia, Canada. The company prides itself on personalized customer service by offeringface-to-face and online guidance to consumers.

• Broad range of products: Milgard manufacturers 12 different styles of windows and seven styles of doors. Both product lines offer products made from wood, fiberglass, vinyl and aluminum.

• Offers design guidance: Customers can consult with professionals on how best select windows and doors to create the look they want.

• Local experience: Consumers can visit a local Milgard certified dealer to discuss their needs face-to-face.

• Full lifetime warranty: All doors, windows and installation are backed by a warranty.

• Committed to sustainability: All products are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Milgard Company Information