Call toll free
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NewSouth Window Solutions offers efficient, economical and durable ways to upgrade your windows and patio doors. All of our windows are backed with a lifetime warranty to ensure your home is always fitted with the best products to save you money.

It's our mission to provide cutting edge technology, energy conservation, outstanding quality as well as unwavering customer service. We look forward to your call to set up a free in home consultation or factory showroom visit.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

328 NewSouth Window Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My husband wanted to have hurricane windows so we contacted New South Windows. Steve ** was our sales representative and we cannot say enough good things about him and how he called us or came to the house when we had questions along the way before installation. The installation was impeccable. We had Dimitrus's crew at the house and Todd as well as Steve were here part-time to oversee the job. It was a difficult installation as we had had storm shutters and they had to take off all the parts from the sills. They did a perfect job, grounds all cleaned up and house all cleaned up. Of course they had plastic all around so nothing would get into the house. They were so very professional. I highly recommend their windows as well as their installers. 5+ rating as far as we are concerned and we are saving money on our air and heat bills.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

A friend of mine had boasted about how good NewSouth Window is and they decided to use them as a quote first. With their quote, I knew what I was getting and I chose them over PGT Windows. The sales team member was just fine and rather responsive, especially if I decided to even call him today with some assistance as well. I purchased windows and doors, and I put in a French door. Till we got to the installation, it took a little bit longer than I was expecting. I ordered in the second week of July and they weren’t even starting to install until the first week of December. It was a very long time. They told me that it was gonna be about 3 months, so I tried to prepare for that but I did not expect 4 plus.

Then the actual installation took over 2 days. They did well on the first day and they were rather clean with their stuff. I also appreciated the attitudes of the gentlemen. Unfortunately, one gentleman had a family emergency which made him leave the job site on the second day and so he couldn't finish. It took them another week to get him back ‘cause they decided to use the same installer instead of just immediately sending someone over to finish it. Instead of a two-day job, it was continued about a week and a half later and so the whole job was done in almost two weeks.

Now, even though it took them two weeks to install the windows, they shipped one with a broken pane of glass in it. I was told 3 days ago that it might be another two weeks till my actual pane of glass comes in, which is gonna be another week until it comes in after that. I still haven't gotten my windows and doors inspected and we’re already in January. We get them inspected after we’re done with the job, so the wait is so horrible. While the attitude and the actual workmanship itself are fine, it’s the time that really needs work.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Our story is much the same as others. We began with three vendors. NewSouth was by far the most expensive, almost double Window World. Still we were impressed with the presentation and felt there was adequate value there to justify the price. We inked the contract on 6/7/18. Lead time was to be 14 weeks till install. We were ok with that since we had no real need. They were pretty good at informing of all the delays. Our install was 11/20/18. On installation there were a few window problems. Five of the six windows we bought had issues. Most were small and acceptable, like screen that doesn't fit, screen with a hole in it.

One window the glaze is separate from the frame, that's not minor and one should be tempered glass and may not be. The job failed inspection. We noted all this with the installers and were told not to be concerned because we have a lifetime warranty and they would return promptly to make things right. Actually we accepted this and waited and waited and waited. It's now 1/9/19 and nothing has been handled.

Here's where the aggravation comes in. Communicating with NewSouth is a terrible experience. Each and every time you call them they require your name and address before they even know why you are calling. Does not make you feel like a valued customer. After that you get the "in a meeting, unloading a truck, left for the day" responses and nothing happens.

Once I actually got a person's email address so I thought now I have a contact. Nope. Tried it and got no response. We were told our problems would all be handled by 1/7/19. All issues remain and no contact has been made. Sure makes one wonder what value this lifetime warranty has. Perhaps they mean it takes a lifetime to get things right. Our plan was to get this under our belts and then do our patio doors. You can guess what we're doing with that plan. In spite of this, we still feel like the product is superior if it's right. We just never experienced a company that is so unfriendly and uninterested in their customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

So my wife and I went through the process of replacing our house windows, and I have to tell you DO NOT USE NewSouth Windows! 7 months from the time we signed the contract before they even began, and almost a year before they considered the job completed. The job really is not completed; they just refuse to repair their install and manufacturing defects. The first day of installation they only replaced four windows, but they did remove the caulk from all the existing windows that holds the glass in the frame. The crew was scheduled to return the next day which was Sunday, but the crew leader informed me that they would not be here in the morning, they wanted to go drinking and watch the fight at the bar and would not be in shape to work.

So the next morning I woke up to find we had two panes of glass from our existing windows fall out on to the ground! I have no idea how long our home was exposed, but I was very glad I noticed. I called NewSouth and was told only the showroom was open and no one could come until Monday morning. I sure hope we don’t need any warranty work done on a weekend! So I had to duct tape them in place until the came back four days later.

So four days later a new crew came to finish the installation, here I must say way better than the first crew! The issue now becomes the quality; three of the new windows were installed but need replaced due to poor craftsmanship. Our 10K door wall had three large black grease marks between the pains, and two windows had manufacturing defects and required replacement. Where are the quality checks at the plant? Virtually every window has scratches and or discoloration, not what I would expect after spending 30K!!

The service manager told my wife after the 6th trip they would buff and repair all scratches, but by the eight trip he changed his mind and said that’s just how their windows are and will be! The last crew to come out to make install repairs (at this point it's been eight trips out, four cancellations) was in too big of a hurry to really make the necessary repairs. The door handle on our door wall had several chips and scratches, and at first it appeared to be painted with white out! We made them fix it again (still not good) but they should have replaced it, come on, it’s a door handle!!

After cancelling a couple scheduled trips out, I informed the receptionist that if they did not come finish the installation, I would dispute my last credit card charge, which I ended up doing since we are over nine months into this project. After NewSouth was informed of the credit dispute, I was called by the service manager Cory and was told they would be putting a lien on our house and filing a lawsuit against me, and they would not finish the job until I reversed the dispute. I did remove the dispute since I wanted this nightmare to end.

Right after the second crew was completed I noticed a broken tile on my patio after the crew removed their tools and “cleaned up”. I informed the office and was told they would take care of it. Four months later as they are “closing” the job the service manager Cory informs me they did not do it, will not send anyone out to fix it, but out of courtesy they would send me a check for $75. I also wanted the caulk job in one room replaced because it was so bad. Again the service manager Cory told me it was due to my drywall, excuse me what? The drywall looked fine with my old windows. It’s hard to tell if the caulking was done by a 2 year old or someone just incompetent. My personal opinion, use anyone but this company!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

NewSouth said they make good windows, so I took them at their word. I got their best windows with the best glass to screen out harmful heat, and it worked. They cost a lot, but I’ve already seen a difference in my home. My sales rep was Jacob and he did a good job. I bought the windows in July but it was installed around December. It took a while, and if we were counting on them for the hurricane season, we would've missed it. They could’ve sped up the delivery, but the installers were very professional. They got in here, did the job, and got out. I’d recommend NewSouth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions reps were very professional. They put on a good demonstration and at the end of the day, they won the business. I purchased from them high-efficiency windows which are very good at conserving energy and are also a little impact-resistant. The house was clean after the installation. They did a neat job. The quality looks great and I’m very happy with the final product.

I might need to touch base with them because they left some moldings behind by each window and I don’t know what those are for. And when the inspector came out, she noticed that there were some attachment holes or screw holes where they framed in the window on the bottom seal. She said that those holes should be insulated or plugged so the rain doesn’t seep into those holes. So, I might ask them if there's a molding or something that covers that up or if I need to go out and get some caulking and patch over those holes. The only thing NewSouth could’ve done differently was the timeline. Nonetheless, I’m very, very satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had windows on order from another company in the Tampa area, but after the hurricane, they decided they weren’t coming this far south. So, they called me and said that they were sorry. NewSouth Window's commercial caught my eye, so I contacted them. Their sales team was really great. It impressed me when they showed the difference from the local competitor who makes windows down here, PGT, and then compared to theirs. They didn't have to show me anything because I was already decided, but the sales guy still did and that reaffirmed my decision to go with NewSouth Window. I also like the fact that it's sold by the people that works for them, and it's made here in Florida.

I purchased single-hung seven windows, hurricane, and then four of them are turtle glass. But there was a major delay on my windows. All they said was because the turtle glass was on back order. And then the first one they made, they were incorrect. So, they did a whole new set of windows. But the two people who ordered the windows were awesome. When my windows finally came, we had two days to do the installation. The installation went great. I love it. I’m on the 10th floor in a condo building, and I was definitely impressed by the head installer. He had a safety harness on, but he was standing outside on a ledge caulking and putting in six of the windows. He was very professional and did a great job. The windows are so easy to clean. I have recommended NewSouth Window to so many people.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Overall I would not recommend this company for anything other than windows which is what they really specialize in!!! A very untrustworthy company that shouldn't be selling anything other than what it can produce. Windows! My experience: After 4 months (16 weeks) of waiting we tried to get an answer as to the status of our glass door unit? Finally the salesman Max calls at 7:30 pm to inform us that NewSouth won't be able to honor their contract and will be giving us a refund! No reason why and this is after they wrote an addendum accepting the responsibility to install our door 4 weeks earlier.

Don't expect any support or communication as it simply doesn't exist. We were only allowed to speak to Meagan the receptionist! She did say the sales manager would be calling us but they never did then in the same week we were told the director would be getting into contact with us and they never did. Then a couple of days later is when the salesman Max contacted us. I might add that we never were able to contact anyone. Even the salesman in the end only received false promised from Meagan! After being sold on the full service of the company we find out it doesn't exist for doors as they only make the glass??? So now 16 weeks later no refund. No window. No communication and to top it off no offer of compensation for the money we spent to meet our end of the deal which cost us another $1000.00 out of pocket!!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Mr. Sandora, We do apologize for any disappointment you have experienced. We at NewSouth Window want to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and it sounds like we missed the mark. It is my understanding that you've since spoken with our Market President, Rich Groff, and that your order has been canceled and deposit refunded. Again, we apologize for any frustration that you've experienced due to our communication. We appreciate your feedback and it will be used in our customer service training to improve our processes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

NewSouth Windows had good reviews and their windows were made locally. The rep who helped me was good. He was simple to understand and straightforward. The installation was okay. They came in and changed out our windows to single hung and vertical sliding windows. They’re good quality windows.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We called three different window retailers. One didn’t show up, and the other one didn’t even return our call. We then purchased windows from NewSouth. Their sales guy was great. The price was a little high than we wanna spend, but he sold us on it. And we’re happy with everything. However, they aren’t completed yet, and it takes so long because they still have to come back. We just had the final inspection done, and then NewSouth has to come back and do cover-ups on screws.

Other than that, the initial installation was great. We found a lot of screws lying around in the carpet, and stuff in the house, and outside in the driveway, but the crew was really good, and they worked together great and got it done a lot faster than I thought they would. They were also really professional. The quality of the windows is great. It has gotten cold since we’ve had it done, and with our old windows, we could feel the cold air coming through. But these windows from NewSouth, we can’t feel any cold air coming through the them. NewSouth is good, and I’d recommend them to anybody.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your feedback, Tom. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call at (813) 626-6000. And again, thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Salesman was nice and knowledgeable, came in early June, and made initial quote which was significantly reduced when he could see that I was not going to spend that much money. I have him a 35% down payment and opted for their 12 month interest free financing for the balance. He told me the installation would occur late August to early September. Mid-September I received a call that everything was “on track” and my windows would be ready for installation late September to early October. I questioned the delay and was told “there is a glass and vinyl shortage in the state of Florida.”

At the end of September I received another phone call stating that everything was on track and my windows will be ready for installation at the end of October to the first part of November. At this point I didn’t even question why. Then on October 11th I received a call that my windows were built and ready for install and they had an opening for the next day, of which I immediately accepted. About 2 pm I received a call stating that the installers were unable to complete the job they were on that day and they wouldn’t be able to make it until Monday. The installers showed up on Monday, October 15th on time and got busy. They were professional and did a nice clean installation. The main installer informed me that the building inspector would be at my home in 2-10 days and to leave the window stickers on until the inspection was complete.

As of November 27th I still had not had the inspection so I called NSW because I have received the bill from their finance company, Green Sky revealing that NSW billed the job on October 17th even though the job is not complete. When I contacted Green Sky to tell them of my plight, they instructed me to contact NSW for a full credit and to recharge it when the job is complete. So now I’m a full month into my interest free finance period on a job that is incomplete.

Customers beware: you will NEVER be able to call NSW and speak to anyone with any authority to handle your dilemmas. You will be fielded by the front line receptionists and told that the person/persons you need to speak with are in a meeting and they will call you back, which I can assure you in my case never happened. The receptionist was very pleasant and put me on hold to relay the status of my job being incomplete and with no building inspection to date and she came back on the phone to tell me that “someone dropped the ball and that Kristina ** is researching the records and would get back to me by 4:30 that afternoon. Nicole is in charge of scheduling the inspections and she will be in contact with me.” Still have not heard from Kristina ** when the call was made at 3:46pm on Tuesday, November 27th and it is Friday, November 30th now.

Nicole did call on Wednesday, November 28th and arranged the inspection for today, November 30th. I must mention that my garage window was supposed to have obscure glass and came from the factory with clear glass. In my opinion, a job is not complete until all components of that job are finished, inspected, the proper initial order of the correct glass finish is installed and the final trim to cover the installation screw holes is installed. At that time, the company should then charge the job as complete and the finance company notified to begin the billing process.

NSW has a very good product, of which I am satisfied but the follow through is horrendous and they should consider some major modifications to their completion process and the breakdown of communication between customer and company. I would not recommend this company at this time and if I had it to do all over again I would choose a different company for window replacement. As of 12:40pm November 30th I am waiting for the inspector to show up and for a call back from Kristina ** to address the charging of a job that is nowhere complete. Imagine going to get a brake job on your car and being charged but the tires aren’t on and you can’t go anywhere.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Ms. Dawson, We would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies regarding the complications mentioned. It is my understanding that you've connected with Rich Groff, our Market President, and that your GreenSky promotion has been extended until the end of January. We are also sorry for the delay in completing your project, but please know that we hope to have your service materials and installation finalized in the next few weeks. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we will use it to help improve our customer service training and processes. You do have a lifetime warranty, and we will strive to do better if you should need us in the future. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions has better guarantee and better grade windows. Moreover, their sales rep was a very nice guy, very knowledgeable, answered all our questions and called me back immediately. The installation team were very good also. They made sure everything was picked up. There was no mess. I am so happy with our new windows. The quality has been perfect.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (561) 712-9000. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a friend that used NewSouth Window Solutions. I liked that NewSouth had a local company in Sanford and the windows were made right in the same city that we live in and not somewhere else and shipped in. The sales guy was informative and helpful along the way. Though it was too pricey for the quality of their products, the quality was exceptional. We got windows, glass sliding doors, and a new front door. The team that did the install was fantastic, they were quick, efficient and clean. I would recommend them.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know, Ms. Jones. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (813) 626-6000. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

When the gentleman came out, he had samples of the windows and he explained everything in detail. NewSouth gave us an estimate right away so the customer service was great. Every time I had questions, I would call and Tammy, the manager, would get right back to me. We knew we wanted high-impact windows, but we’re new to Florida. So, they just showed us what their product was, and we decided it was a good set. We got five windows and a door. The installer was great and very meticulous. The company had a lot of installations but this gentleman who subcontracted with them said he was gonna do right. It ended up taking him longer, plus his partner was in the hospital. Nevertheless, we had a great experience with them other than we had to wait 18 weeks for our windows. We would recommend them. We paid more money but the quality was good and the product was worth it.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your comments, Jill. Our team will greatly appreciate this feedback. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We just had Jonathan come and tell us about your product. We were very please with his talk and showing us your product. Jonathan did know we had talked to other companies. So he was aware that we knew what he was telling us we heard before but I like what he told us about your company, being build here in FL and the windows were for our climate. So instead of just getting windows for the family room. We are now getting them for the whole house.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (904) 717-5400. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The flyers of New South was in a magazine and if you buy three, you get one free so, we got 11 impact-rated windows. The sales person was terrible and it was like buying from a used car dealer. He miscalculated window sizes and it was all messed up. He came up with the sales price and then, they sent out another guy who did the measurements. I waited three months and the installers finally came. They were great and did a nice job. They were also very neat and clean. The second guy who did the installation knew what he was doing because they all fit fine. The windows are good and nice. I like them. Hopefully, NewSouth gets a better salesperson.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

John, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. We will share this feedback with our team. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call. Thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

With being new to the area, I was doing a search for window companies. I narrowed my search down to window manufacturers in Florida and I looked at their Better Business Bureau reports. Based on that, I went with NewSouth and I had a good experience with them. I got the top-of-the-line windows which are a step under the hurricane windows. They're single hung, insulated windows, and they look nice. They also passed inspection and I'm satisfied with their quality.

When I bought them, I had a very positive interaction with the sales rep. He was wonderful and he answered every question I had. And the questions that he couldn't answer, I took straight to their vice president and had a nice little chat with him. I have a manufacturing background and there was something on the Better Business Bureau report that I purchased which I took straight to him and he was able to answer them. When the installation team came in, they worked very efficiently and cleaned up. They also took out the old windows out and they were polite and very good. But there was a delay on the delivery of the windows and I wish there was more communication about that. Other than that, I'd recommend NewSouth.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Charlene, for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call and again, thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We liked the presentation of NewSouth Windows and the quality of their windows was outstanding, so we went with them. We had two orders and we worked with two salesmen. The first one who came out was great on showing us how the company was founded, how they build all the windows, and how they own factories throughout the State of Florida. That was what we went on and we did three windows at the time. Then we came back with them and another sales rep came around. We worked with him in purchasing the other windows and our front door. We did all our windows around the house and we got a total of seven windows from NewSouth. They have three different types of windows and we got the highly graded ones. We went with the colonial that has the grid and a blue tone on the outside looking in. We got the double-hung impact windows and they cost 9,000-something.

The installation went very well, too. It was very professional and the installers cleaned up after they installed the products. And when there was a hiccup in the process, they informed me and let me know when they were coming to fix the problem. But it wasn't really a major problem, there was just a piece that was missing. Other than that, the windows are excellent quality and with them, we can't get anything that is coming from outside. We still got more projects to do in the future and NewSouth will be the first one we call, without a doubt.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Zachary! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions made their won windows. Working with their sales team was an excellent experience. They were very professional and the demonstration went well. I got the hurricane impact windows and I’m very satisfied with it. They are a great company and I will be using them again.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Bryon. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I liked the quality of the way NewSouth Window Solutions products were made and the presentation that the guy put on with the heat lamps. The sales rep was friendly and well-versed in what he was talking about. I purchased both the slide up and side slide windows, and the installation team was fantastic. The lead guy took time to talk to me about what he was doing. The quality of work that they did and the amount of time that they did it in was impressive. I'm very satisfied with my new windows. I would recommend NewSouth Window Solutions to others.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (813) 626-6000. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I live in a home in southwest Florida that was built in the 1960's. It had 21 large plate glass style windows in front and back. Since my home faces north these windows were in direct line with the morning and afternoon sun. This caused the inside temperature to increase dramatically. This caused me to begin a search for some type of replacement windows. After reviewing several window companies ads, I chose New South Windows. I gave them a call and a salesman named Jon ** responded. He showed me their product and completely explained everything. I was very impressed with the design and construction of their windows.

After deciding to have them replace all 21 of my large windows and three doors, a date was set for them to send a team out to remove the old windows and install the new ones. I was very impressed with the quality and care they displayed in the removal and installation of my new windows and doors. The new windows have made a significance in the quietness within the home and a major reduction in the heat from direct sun. My electric bill has been significantly reduced. I would highly recommend this company for both the quality of products and work performance.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know! We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (941) 925-4000.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

NewSouth manufactures their products here locally, and we did the complete house with them. In total, we did eight windows and one door. The sales team member we dealt with was fantastic. We went back to purchase doors from them a second time and we dealt with a different member. But the first member was very clear and very open about everything. It was a very simple process too.

They installed all of the windows and the door in one day, which was fast. But the quality lacked because they tried to finish it all in one day. We had to have them come back for a few things and I had to contact them in order to have them to come out. They didn’t pursue it on their end so that was a little frustrating at the end. When they came out to put window trim on the inside of the windows after the final inspection, the first gentleman who came out did not complete the full trim. So we had to have them come out for that.

We also had one window in our son’s room that they didn’t install properly. It was rubbing on the bottom track so we had to have a gentleman come out and repair that as well. After the worker left, he was supposed to send somebody back out because he just came out to finalize the trim. But I had to contact NewSouth to have them come out. That issue was taken care of last week so it took a little time at the end. We also had some leakage through the threshold at the bottom of the door when we had a tropical storm. It was an installation issue with the caulking and the threshold at the bottom. But they did come out and repair that. They puttied the screw holes which were not done before, caulked them and finished doing the trim as well.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience, Ms. Racca. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Dan ** came to our house on the agreed date and time to find out what we needed and expected in a new window product. He took the time to go over all the details and concerns we had with the NewSouth Window product giving a very detailed description and demonstration of the product we wanted. There was no sales pressure to buy on that day only and Dan took the time to price out the various solutions to meet our needs and price limits. He was very professional and is proud of the product he represents.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are #NewSouthProud of our team!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Somebody recommended NewSouth Window Solutions to me and then I looked them up on the internet to see where they're at. The sales representative was excellent and was not a high-pressure salesperson. I replaced all my condo windows with the hurricane-proof ones. The installation was a very good experience and the quality of the windows is very good.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you Mr. Galauner for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call (941) 925-4000. And again, thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I liked the warranty offered by NewSouth Window Solutions. I purchased impact resistant windows from them. Their rep Mike was a really nice guy. He came over after my work hours which I really appreciated. He answered the questions I had and we had some email exchanges after the fact. I even changed my mind on one of the windows and he was really good and got all the information done. The windows were installed as I wanted them. The three-man installation team of Corey, Brandon and Gade was really quick. My only complaint was the stench from the caulk. I can't imagine the brain damage that all the installers have. The caulk was really bad. Still, I've already referred a couple of people to NewSouth.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (941) 925-4000. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The year before, I had several window people here that were gonna put up hurricane windows, and I wasn't quite impressed with any of them for various reasons. When NewSouth came, the sales rep was very nice and informative. There was no hitch anywhere from the time we signed the contract to the time they delivered. Whatever they said they were gonna do, they did in a timely manner. Also, the installers were such nice guys. You're afraid when the installers come in because you don't know who's coming, but these were complete gentlemen and they did a great job. I got the hurricane-proof windows and they're beautiful. Now I have protection from the sun 'cause they have a screen on them. They also look very nice from the outside and inside. It was a very positive experience and I would absolutely recommend them to a friend or a family member.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your high-performance windows. They are designed to deliver impact resistance while delivering energy efficiencies. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

This is now 2018. We started in 2016 with project, made mess in home, had incorrect windows, lied about the product we were getting, can now hear all noises from outside, AC works harder, electric bill went up, you can see every corner seam/weld, have had 1 window replaced at least 6 times and still dislike it, but they wore me down. I’m just so frustrated with being yelled at by the installers to taking off work and them not showing up to the general manager telling me I was too picky (because I didn’t like all the caulk all over the windows and black stuff on the insides of the glass). I have literally just given up and we are trying to save the money to get these windows out, and the sales rep that came forget it. He wouldn’t return a phone call. With all the mistakes, wrong windows and me calling for the final inspection they took 100% of their money out of our account, they got paid and we got screwed.

We had double pane windows and just wanted more energy efficient, we got worse than we had. Stay away from New South, we probably could have done a better job if we did it ourselves and bought windows from a dollar store (if they sold them). The GM offered 1000.00 back if we would keep the last window and they not come back with the conditions we could never ever say a bad word, never sue, family couldn’t sue, there was a whole page of conditions and I don’t generally even do reviews. I told them we had already lost 1000.00 with all the work we missed and they could keep their money because all I wanted was a full refund so I could get a real contractor to replace the windows. So basically we lost 12,000 on these junk windows that stand in front of and can feel the heat just beat right in, could probably get a tan if you stood there long enough. We just keep the blinds closed to keep the heat out.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Melissa, So sorry to hear of your disappointment, this is the last thing we want for our customers. Your feedback has been shared with management and will be used to improve our service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I contracted for 7 windows and 3 sliding glass doors to be manufactured and installed. The job was suppose to be completed by July and it is now September and not only do I not have any windows or doors installed I do not even have any idea when that will ever occur. I have contacted their customer service representative M. ** on several occasions trying to get a status on my order but I get no response from her. Very dissatisfied with this company and I now regret my decision to purchase from them. Buyer beware. They will take your money and leave you hanging!!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Mr. Bernard, We would like to apologize for any frustration you’ve experienced due to the delay in completing your project. Earlier this year our three separate factories were combined into one large facility; the move, along with the increase in orders after Irma, made our delays even greater. These are not meant as excuses, but rather factors that contributed to the delay. It is my understanding that you’ve spoken with our Orlando Market President, Tim Nagle. Please know that your products are in the final stages of production. We expect that the Orlando location will receive your products in the next few days. They'll then go through a final quality check and you will be contacted to schedule installation. Thank you and we will be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My son-in-law went around to different places and he thought that NewSouth Window Solutions was the best so he got them. And then my cousin got them and we got them too. We got the hurricane windows and the sales rep was very good. However, we purchased it in April and we just got them, and that's a long time to wait. They changed warehouses and that caused them to get way behind. Nevertheless, the installation team was fine and the quality of the windows are wonderful. They look good and we're really pleased with them.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience, Ms. Shoemaker. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call (941) 925-4000.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I saw the NewSouth commercials on TV and since I live in Florida where they are built, I bought the Impact Windows from them. I liked the quality and everything was excellent with my buying experience. Everybody from the sales team was cordial and professional. The installation team was great and they took care to make sure they didn’t damage anything. They moved items that they thought were in the way very carefully. NewSouth is a great company and they did a good job on our house.

NewSouth Window Solutions expert review by Joseph Truini

NewSouth Window Solutions is run by two former salesmen from Champion Window Manufacturing in Ohio. The company has four locations—Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, West Palm—and sells factory-direct replacement and new windows and doors throughout Florida.

• Offers energy-efficient windows: Those who are concerned about the environment can get the latest materials and technology, such as energy-efficient windows and smart home technology.

• Offers patio doors: Outdoor patios are very common in Florida, consumers can get doors that completely enclose and protect these structures from rain and wind.

• Factory-trained window installers: NewSouth installs all windows for owners and hires installers that have been factory trained using Florida Building Commission protocols.

• Weather-resistant products: Owners can purchase doors or windows that are highly resistant to damaging rain, wind or floods.

• Lifetime warranty: All products sold by NewSouth Window Solutions are backed by a warranty on both materials and installation. Easy financing and multiple-window discounts are available.

• Best for: NewSouth Window Solutions are best for people who live with storms and floods, including homeowners, condo owners, landlords, business owners and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information