4.4/5 (103 ratings)

About NewSouth Window Solutions

NewSouth Window Solutions is a custom window and door manufacturer that specializes in energy-efficient and high-performance products. As the manufacturer, NewSouth is able to guarantee its products with a lifetime warranty on both your products and installation. The company offers free in-home consultations with factory-trained representatives to help you find the best window and door style for your home.

Pros

• Customizable
  • High-quality vinyl
  • Free consultation and demonstration
  • Lifetime warranty

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Only in some locations
  • Factory in Florida only

Bottom Line

NewSouth makes, sells and installs energy-efficient windows and doors. While sold at a factory-direct price, the high quality and customization options means the products may be more expensive.

Top NewSouth Window Solutions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I'd recommend NewSouth Window highly and I've always done that. I went with them because of their pricing and reviews online. I bought impact windows and doors and it's the best. ...

Verified

My experience with NewSouth Window Started with the sales person and ended with windows installers on time as scheduled. The product was delivered on time and the work was done pr...

About NewSouth Window Solutions

NewSouth manufactures high-quality vinyl replacement windows and operates primarily in Florida and the Southeast. It’s known for its high-efficiency insulated window replacements, which can cut down on heating and cooling costs. NewSouth’s windows aren’t just efficient, though — they’re also designed to fit the style of your home.

The company sends custom-made windows straight from its factory to your home and professionally installs them to ensure a long-lasting fit. You can choose from a variety of vinyl window replacements, including the environmentally friendly eVantage options. NewSouth also offers a lifetime warranty for all its windows.

If you’re interested in seeing these windows produced, you can visit a NewSouth factory in Florida. NewSouth also offers free in-home demos to measure and price windows before you commit.

NewSouth installation

NewSouth offers several window options that are customizable based on your needs and the style of your home. Some popular styles NewSouth can manufacture and install for you include:

• Picture windows
  • Two- and three-lite slider windows
  • Casement windows
  • Double-hung windows
  • Single-hung windows

NewSouth provides installation services by factory-trained professionals to ensure the windows are positioned correctly and fit your home’s measurements.

NewSouth prices

NewSouth windows come with a variety of color, size and grid options. Because each window is custom-made, prices can vary greatly. NewSouth does promise factory-direct prices on its website, where you can receive a free estimated quote.

NewSouth also offers a lifetime transferable warranty that covers windows and installation, but the price of the warranty depends on model, materials and customizations.

NewSouth Window Solutions FAQ

Where are NewSouth windows manufactured?
Its windows are manufactured in Tampa, Florida, and NewSouth has showrooms around Florida and the Southeast.
Who owns NewSouth?
PGT Innovations bought NewSouth in late 2019.
Where is NewSouth available?
NewSouth is available in Florida and some Southeast states.
How much does NewSouth’s installation cost?
Installation cost depends on a variety of factors, including window cut and size. You can receive a free quote from NewSouth on its website and set up a consultation with a representative for more information.

Is NewSouth worth it?

With its free consultations, in-home demos and factory prices, NewSouth makes the window replacement process much simpler. Although the company might be on the pricier side, it’s probably worth it if you’re looking for high-quality replacements specifically suited to your needs.

NewSouth Window Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

We are very happy with the window and door products, the quality is exceptional. The office staff is very polite and we always, always appreciated their assistance. We were very impressed with the installers: punctual, polite, went right to work and were very focused on the installation of windows and doors, cleaned up before they left each day. Likewise, we were very impressed with our punch-out professional who came back to tweak some issues. A French door that refuses to remain completely open is an issue that our punch-out pro twice said could not be corrected; that is disappointing since it opens to an exterior atrium porch.

The 4 vs 5 stars comes communication issues we experienced between the office and field. We found if we had questions, requests, items added to existing service tickets, we had to constantly follow-up to make sure our concerns were being communicated and seen by those who had the authority to act. With diligence on our part, everything was addressed to our satisfaction with the exception of the swinging French door that has a mind of its own. We contracted in late August 2021 with installation early December. NSW is a professional business that offers a great product. We will not hesitate to use them again.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth windows and doors. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

The sales rep, John, was very informative and hands-on. He stayed in touch with me through the whole way and through the installation, even though he's not in it. He’s still following up with me now to make sure even the post-installation inspections are going well. The installation was very quick and easy. There are so many windows in our house and the thought of removing and replacing every window in my house almost seems like an engineering impossibility, let alone one that they could do in almost two days. They came in with three teams of people and had all hands on deck. They were in and out of here in two and a half days and probably could have been done in two days if we weren't in their way. So, it was amazing.

Also, on the second and third days, it rained horribly and they did an amazing job cleaning up after themselves under a non-ideal situation, given the rain and dirt and what they're doing. When they were done, our house was clean and I was surprised. I thought we would be cleaning up for months. I bought 83 windows from NewSouth Window Solutions and the quality is fantastic. They’re gorgeous, very pretty, sturdy, stable and enhance the value of our house.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The sales rep that I dealt with was very nice. He came with the ability to answer any question that I have. He presented the product in a timely manner and he had pictures of other people's windows and other installations. He had some references. I know that all of us only carry the references of people that love us, but I also felt like many of the people that had bought the windows that he had talked to were people that were sitting right on the water where I am not. So if they felt better about using someone who could withstand 200-mile an hour winds off the gulf, I felt pretty good about that too.

NewSouth exceeded my expectations from the very beginning, explaining what was going to happen and about the windows. They were about four weeks ahead of time in making a delivery of the windows. So, that made me very happy. The gentleman and his son who installed the windows were excellent and helpful in every way. But they had forgotten to make a screw for one of my windows so when the gentleman came back to finish putting the trim pieces on, he also made the screw and there was no problem. Nobody sat on their phone the whole time they were here.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know. We love to hear this, and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us at (941) 925-4000. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

The sales rep, Jim, was wonderful, and we loved him. He answered all our questions and was patient. We then had two friendly guys out here for the installation. They went to work, and there wasn't no messing around. They replaced eight windows and a sliding glass door. I would highly recommend NewSouth. If you've got a rental house, you want to just replace a window, but these windows are for life. We had a lot of work done to our home over the past year, and this was the final step. It's a commitment, but it's definitely worth the money. We're getting older, and we still live in the same place.

Hurricanes blow things around, and that's another reason why we wanted to get something so strong and sturdy. Last week, the county inspector came out and said, “Yes, your windows are good.” So today at 2 o'clock, NewSouth is going to make their last trip out here and do the finishing touches, put the slats in the window. It's mostly pretty stuff, but they had to leave the screws exposed so the inspector can see them. I'm very happy.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words, and will make sure to share your feedback with Jim and our team. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your high-performance windows. They are designed to provide impact resistance while delivering energy efficiencies. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

The salesman from NewSouth Window Solutions did a great job and answered all my questions, not only for me, but for my daughter, too. The installers were really nice. I'm still waiting for a couple of things to be fixed, so everything's not done. One of the clasps on one of the windows was installed and the piece is broken. Another window was installed, but it's the wrong window, so I'm waiting for that to be replaced. Then on the front door, I have to call them because as they did it, I noticed a gap and the way they fixed it was to just put a shim between the weather-stripping, which is not acceptable. I’m just concerned at the things that still need to be done, but I would recommend them because I had a door replaced in a previous home and this was heads above what I went through with that company. Also, I'm impressed with the quality of the items purchased.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth windows and doors. We do see from our records that you have connected with our service team and they are scheduled to come to your home in regards to the issues you mentioned, please give our office a call (813) 626-6000 if you have any questions or concerns and again, thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I can't rate my experience as a 5-star experience. I have a $10k door that is useless. It, as well as the screen door, doesn't lock. Screen locking mechanism is missing. Door is misaligned. Believe door is going to be replaced due to installation errors but other than a piece of paper not sure. Garage window is still misaligned, doesn't lock completely, and missing screen which I believe is going to eventually be delivered. At least 3 of the 8 window sections on the front of the house had misaligned grids when installed. Believe they will eventually be replaced. Was told not to worry about window measurements because install team would add wood/shims to ensure a tight fit. Didn't see any of that happen. Spray foam insulation was barely used if at all. In the cases of gaps between frames and studs, two or three screws may not be strong enough to counter a storm.

Original review: April 27, 2022

New South Windows is a top tier window manufacturer. We chose them because they make their own windows and frames. Their quality and customer service is excellent all the way from the purchase through installation. I would highly recommend New South windows.

Original review: April 26, 2022

We are so impressed with the quality of New South's products and their expert installation! We just had our new front door installed last week and had replaced all the windows in our home in 2019. We highly recommend New South and wouldn't go anywhere else!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I purchased New South windows September 2021, a New South contractor finally came to install 5 windows on 3/30/2022. The install was completed without sealing the windows to the outside of the house, no insulation, no shimming, only a bead of caulk on J-Channel that stuffed behind siding (not nailed down or taped). The wind blows from around the unsealed frame thru the screw holes on the inside, I had to use painters tape to cover the holes to stop the air from coming through (enough air coming through to easily blow out a candle). Also, the frames are not straight so the windows don't function as they should. I had New South come out, look at install and they agreed to order new frames to do the installation correctly, I was told another 45-60 days for those to be made.

Original review: April 13, 2022

New South Windows have a superior product and were very easy to work with during the entire process. Romeo worked with us as several changes were needed due to HOA concerns and some custom stained-glass issues. The installation was flawless, we did not even have to do any interior or exterior paint or touchup work. The crew was very protective of marble sills and all furnishings as well as covered all openings and protected anything from any potential dust during the window removal process. All in all, the entire team did a great and very professional job.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information