Call toll free
3.93/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NewSouth Window Solutions offers efficient, economical and durable ways to upgrade your windows and patio doors. All of our windows are backed with a lifetime warranty to ensure your home is always fitted with the best products to save you money.

It's our mission to provide cutting edge technology, energy conservation, outstanding quality as well as unwavering customer service. We look forward to your call to set up a free in home consultation or factory showroom visit.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

265 NewSouth Window Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

NewSouth Windows seemed nice so I purchased windows and slide doors from them. The seller and I made an agreement for $10,000. But I called him after and requested for a breakdown of the agreement to know where my money went. I needed to know how much were each window and installation because some people will ask me. He gave it to me within six minutes with a really small explanation about the cost of everything. And I was very surprised because the prices and the quantity didn’t match with the cost I paid for. When I asked him about my discount, he said it was included. It was a, “Buy 1 and get 1 free” or “Buy 2 and get 1 free.” But my free windows were not specified. When you have nine windows and one slide door, if you have some free, the cost should be less than $10,000.

Although the estimated time to install, which was 12-14 weeks, was not really nice, the installation was still the best thing that happened. In fact, it was the only good thing. However, at this time, there was one screen missing and it has been more than a month since it was installed. Nonetheless, the rep said that he'd get back to the office about it. I was really satisfied with the installation team and they even recommended to clean the house. But I don't recommend the other people. My brother in Aruba liked this home. When I went to NewSouth at the Altamonte Springs, I told them that I needed to buy some windows like mine for my brother. But they said they don’t sell outside the United States.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had a couple of folks come over and give me a demonstration on the windows. The salesman who came from NewSouth Window Solutions was professional and knew what he was doing. His demonstration was more impressive and the product seemed to be made better so I went with them. I got the impact windows throughout the house and the quality is great. However, NewSouth didn’t realize how much work the installation would be because originally they came with two people. It didn’t seem like it was well communicated that I have a two-storey home so I was wondering how they were gonna go up to the second floor. So, they had the next day come with another person and scaffolding. NewSouth also told me it was a two-day installation but it turned out to be five days.

Also, when they were unloading the windows, they dropped one and it shattered. At first I was surprised because they were supposed to be hurricane impact windows, but the guy explained to me that was for the inside part of the house. It's just glass and it was supposed to shatter like that, but nothing would go through it. He also told me not to worry and they would get me a replacement in a couple of weeks. I've been in contact with them every week and the reps on the phone have been very professional. They told me they're waiting for a truck, but it's been almost two months and I still don’t have the replacement.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Where do I begin, let’s start with the nice salesman who came out at the end of December eagerly signed us up and took our deposit. We were told the windows would be in at the beginning of March. A few weeks later they came out to measure and sign off on the window measurements. 13 weeks and a number of phones call inquiring on an Installation date we finally were called the day before the installation of 8 standard sized windows. When they showed up we were told that our main, one large window, was “destroyed” and they needed to make a whole new one at the factory but that they would put a rush order on it. So the remaining seven were installed and once again we were back to square one with waiting on an install date of our remaining window.

After weekly phone calls and promises of "it will be next week," "it will be next week," "it will be next week" we finally got the window installed and it has a big scratch on it. And we are missing screens. We realize that all they had to do was replace the glass. There was also no factory sticker on the window. When the inspector came out we failed inspection because NewSouth never had an “in progress” inspection done. Here we are another week later with multiple phone calls telling us that our town inspector never returned phone calls to NewSouth. After speaking to our town inspection office they said they never heard from NewSouth. Every time we call we are told more lies and given a different person’s phone number. We are tired of looking at the stickers on our windows, especially the one with a large scratch on it...

We still haven’t received our screens. We have taken multiple days off from work and have a loss of wages due to waiting on them to schedule. We cannot understand why we are just pushed off and strung along. This is a simple straightforward install that has been a major disappointment and drain to our wallet and we haven’t even started paying for the windows yet, aside from the deposit. NIGHTMARE. Phil from the West Palm Beach office has been telling us that he cannot directly contact the factory and ask for window status. Now we are waiting for NewSouth’s engineer to write a letter to our town so they don’t have to do an in progress inspection. When we spoke to our town all they said we had to do was reschedule the inspection and show it was properly installed. Again getting the runaround... 23 weeks later entering hurricane season.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Well the salesman was so eager and full of communication... texts, emails, phone calls, even helped me apply for funding. Once approved I never heard from him again. I ordered in March and was told my installation would be in May. It's now June and I only hear from them when I call to check on my order. Sadly I'm seeing many other reviews similar to mine. Smh.

Original review: June 5, 2018

NewSouth's sales guy as a ** but I went right through him. He was sitting at my table and he was telling me it was $25,000 to do my windows. I told him to forget it and then he said that they had a special 50% discount so their price went down to $14,000 thereafter. Then, he asked me "Are you a veteran?" which I am by the way. I told him that I wasn't and he took another $2,000 off the price. I listened to him and I let him ** me, then I went into action and now he's not with them anymore. I saw right through him. Once he gave me that 50% off, I knew that he was that type of salesperson.

Still, we purchased category 5, top-of-the-line windows from NewSouth and their installation team was incredibly good. The windows are of super quality. NewSouth products are the best that people can buy. Their products' mechanics are the best that I've ever worked with. Though their windows are the highest priced product on the market, other than that, they're great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted a good window and I had a couple of other quotes which weren't quite as expensive as NewSouth's. But since I believed NewSouth's advertisement, I went with them. I did have problems with the first set, though. I had a bathroom window installed and I was surprised that they didn’t know the bottom pane on a new window had to be tempered glass. There was nothing wrong with the windows except there was wrong glass in it. Whoever was taking care of that didn’t order it and I failed inspection. I was a little disappointed. I finally got ahold of somebody and got the window straightened out in May.

Other than that, I'm very happy with NewSouth. I was satisfied with the window and it's a good feature that if we sell the house, the guarantee goes with the new owner. The sales person was also a nice young man and he knew his job. He explained everything to us and we were very happy with him that in spite of the trouble we had, we went back with NewSouth Window for the last four.

Original review: May 31, 2018

After getting estimates from other window retailers, my husband and I felt that NewSouth's windows were of better quality although they weren't the lowest estimate. So, I had them replace a large living room window, two bedroom windows and a bathroom window. John was their rep who came to the house and he was very knowledgable about his products. He completely went over everything and answered all our questions. We appreciated his patience with us. It was a big purchase for us as we wanted to be prepped for hurricane season.

However, I wasn’t sure how I was gonna like my new living room window at first because when he described it to me the size would be going in to a bigger window. Still, the way that my windows are I didn’t have much of a choice. But after the windows got installed, I've been totally happy with it. Their installation team was great and I could tell that this wasn’t their first time. Even before they took out my old windows, they re-measured to make sure everything was just right. Their guy told me that if they took out my old windows and the new ones don't fit, I wouldn't want to be cold in my house. They were in and out of my place in no time. We'll be calling NewSouth back to do the rest of the windows at my house.

Resolution response: May 29, 2018

YAY! I just had New South Window Solutions repair work done and every thing is working perfectly. I gave a two star earlier because some of my windows and doors were not working properly since installed two months ago. I called from the moment I noticed and off and on for two months. Needless to say, I was ticked. But, YAY YAY YAY the repairman was excellent and everything now works perfectly. So, now I am re-reviewing. Great salesman, great office help, great installers, and now great repairman. Thank you.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I purchased double-hung windows from NewSouth Window Solutions. I liked the salesman. He was great, explained everything for me. Also, the workers were fabulous. They were in and out in no time at all. However, I have some problems and they have yet to come out to fix them. I had bought three sets of French doors and on the 22nd, it would be two months since I've had them in here and NewSouth has not yet come out to help me open them. French doors open one way but I can't open these. Not one set would open for me. Their guy showed me how once, but I can't get them open.

They have yet to schedule a time to come in. I got a call on the 10th and that was last time I heard from their guy. He said that this little screen which I ordered for my kitchen window wasn't ready yet. That time, I must've called and texted them about six times before I got an answer. It's been 12 days now. To wait for all of this for the screen is ridiculous.

I also have one double-hung window that when my daughter opens the bottom, the front top falls. So, that has to be fixed. Furthermore, the lock is really hard on the kitchen door going out to my patio. They also have to tone that lock down. I spent $27,000 on getting absolutely every window repaired in my house. I didn’t have any more windows to buy, so I couldn’t have been a better customer. Still, I didn’t have enough to come out. After I just paid $27,000 to fix my door, would I really think that if I had to call them, they would gonna be here? I'll be waiting another six years and I'm not happy with that.

While my main complaint is that I want to use my French doors as French doors, everything is fine. The doors are beautiful. I just would like to know if these are able to be opened. If they were put in right or he said maybe they're sealing on the bottom and they kinda get a little glued up and they'd have to come and do it. However, once NewSouth gets a customer, they don't help them out. They say these are life-long. I can't even get them out here to help me.

NewSouth Window Solutions response
Thank you so much, Ms. Mcmanamon! We are so glad to have finalized.

Thank you for revising your review, it means a lot to us. Thank you for being a NewSouth customer!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I shopped around and NewSouth had the best delivery time. I got vinyl up and down windows for our condo in Florida, and the sales representative I dealt with was excellent. Management was very easy to work with too. The installation team was fair. In the middle of the job, however, they ran into a couple of issues, but they overcame them. It took a little longer than normal to complete the job, but they kept me updated. NewSouth is pretty good and I would recommend them.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Mr. Scamacca for the kind words. Our team prides itself on making great windows and doing quality installs. Thank you for recognizing that. We are #NewSouthProud you are our customer.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We did plenty of shopping and we looked at everything from Andersen Windows, to Pella, to a couple of others, and we compared NewSouth to everybody. They got very high reviews, so we went to that direction. The sales rep came up with a much better pricing and worked with us when we told him our budget. So, we picked the right proposal and we were off and running. We got multiple windows, a telescoping patio door and another side patio entrance. They looked super pretty and they were also easy to clean and to pop in and out if you need to clean them. Plus, the unit did a great job in installation and cleanup. One of the windows they did in the kitchen area had some window rot into the frame itself and the guys reframed it right there. So I didn't even have to call another contractor to come fix it.

We’re remodeling the house and having an addition built into it. I called and spoke to a different sales rep and told him exactly what we wanted. It was a duplicate of one of the kitchen windows but I needed the bars between the windows. He was gonna get me a quote and I have not heard back. But they were great and I would recommend them.

Mr. Findley,
Thank you for the kind words..we are glad to hear you are enjoying your window and the installation was seamless. Hope the rest of your home renovation goes smoothly, and we will make sure your sales rep connects regarding the extra window.

Thanks for being our customer. #NewSouthProud!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've had two separate installations from NewSouth Window Solutions. One a few years ago for just a couple of windows and then I came back and got the rest of them done this time. The first time, I had no issues at all. This time the only issue was that I was called last minute and offered, "We had a cancellation of schedule for tomorrow. So would you like to go ahead and schedule it?" And I said, "Yeah, sure. Then let's go ahead and do that." And not realizing that I needed to check the weather, which has a 90 percent chance of rain the next day. Apparently the one before me that cancelled was thinking about that. It was just a last minute stuff.

So I tried to call back and get feedback and figure out if it was a good idea or not to even schedule it on a rainy day. I didn't get a sales agent and just got the receptionist that was playing phone tag between the people and me, and relayed the message, "It's fine, we have no problem, the installers are professionals, they know what they are doing." So, the guys got there early, did their job and it ended up raining shortly after they left and got finished. And just as I was worried, all the caulking that they had done didn't really have time to cure. So some of it did run down the wall and left little pockets of holes that I had to go back and fill in myself. So that was the only real issue I had. They were still professional, were on time and did their thing. But it came off weird to me that I never got a call directly from the sales rep to quiet my concerns about the rain. And then the stuff I was worried about actually happened.

I liked what I heard about NewSouth and I went with it because the salesman that came out to my house was very professional, informative and answered all my questions. He was also the same guy that I called to come back out. But it was a different person who called me to schedule the install. So far, everything still went fine, I've got new windows and I'm happy. It's just that there were a couple of windows that I'm still waiting for someone to come out and do a couple of things because the little pieces were facing the wrong way. It's not a big deal. Everything is functional, everything is secure and efficient. But there are extra things this time that I definitely didn't have to deal with the first time considering I'm paying twice as much as I paid the first time because I'm getting more windows done. And I came back because I trusted the service and all the great things that happened the first time.

They did tell me though that the service would be about five weeks. I was in touch with them because the paperwork that they gave me said that they would contact me within 48 hours to schedule a final inspection. Three days went by, I reached out and called them because I hadn't gotten a phone call and they said, "Oh yeah, we're really far behind on our paperwork but we're working on it. And you've got plenty of time to get to final inspection done." So it's not a worry of regulation. They were just behind on work. Also, the rep got me on the phone with the service manager who said, "We've got these two things on these two windows, and it will be about five weeks before we can get out there. But we'll call you to schedule it."

I'm not sure exactly how long it's been, if it's been five weeks. But I'm not too worried about it because everything functions fine and there's no leak. So I'm overall happy. I just wanna make sure it gets complete in every way. I would give cautious recommendation about NewSouth. I would give others detailed instructions of what to ask. What to check before you schedule. It was my learning experience. Nonetheless, my overall experience with NewSouth Window Solutions was good.

Dear Robert,
First of all, thank you for being a repeat NewSouth customer. We really appreciate you, and the feedback you gave about the process-- especially the 2nd time around. We apologize for how the weather affected the install and the caulking...it's sometimes a hard thing to work around. We are glad to hear you are happy with the windows and NewSouth at the end of the day.

We will double check on the service of the windows for you-- just to make sure all is well. Thank you for your business and for being our customer.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2018

We got a recommendation from my sister to use Windows, but we had other people come as well giving us prices and what have you. And then, we ended up going with NewSouth Windows, got the high-impact windows and all of that is great. It's phenomenal! I love it! I've had friends in my neighborhood who have seen it and they're like, "Man! These look really nice," and they do! The crew that came over is an independent contractor. It was him and his wife, and he had some other people. I talked with him and the wife and they were very nice. They were here 12 hours.

I would recommend NewSouth for the windows and the price, but not for the sales and the service because this has been a nightmare for us. I had a salesman come over who looked at everything, did the measurements and we did the price. Then, next time we know, he's gone. Then, we turned around. He was an older gentleman and I don't like his attitude. And then, another person came and he was very nice. We went over this and that, and then he came back to do some other things. But he was also gone. So, we had two salesmen and both of them just left.

This started October-November of last year. We had to have a manager come over because I was already teed off that I was getting a runaround. We went more as far as on the house than what we were wanting to do but we just decided to go ahead and do it. But every time, I have to call, "What's going on?" "Oh, well, it's being worked on." "Okay. That's what you all told me a long time ago." Then it was, "Oh, well, they moved their warehouse." "You know what? That's not my fault. That's not my problem." Everything was a delay! I was pissed with all the service that I've gotten from the place! Because you would leave a message, they don't get back with you. Or they call my husband and I go, "I gave you my phone number! Why are you calling my husband? He's on the road! You're calling him, and I'm the one who's at home!"

And then, finally, they came. They would be here between this time and this time. The contractor was here and was on time. He was great. He worked his crew good and he worked them hard. They told me two to three days and the guy did it in one day. He enclosed a whole sunroom, had to knock down whatever was there and rebuild, and all of that was great! They did all the work. But because it was late at night when they left, you can't see a lot of the stuff when they did it and I'm not pleased at any of the caulking.

It was terrible because now I have to hire somebody to paint all the trimming because they went way out of line! It's like markings on it. It's not clean. And I showed the guy, "Look! Even in my sunroom when they put the caulking on the trimming, there's a bunch even on my tiles! I'm not gonna get on my hands and knees and start scraping it!" And then, when they threw all those long strips that have to go, they made them on the floor or on the windowsill and they're literally stuck inside the caulking because they had so much of it! It's not like, "Okay. I'm gonna go in now and do all this trimming." We're almost at our 60's and we can't be doing that!

I understand it was at night and they did my job in the dark, but that's not my fault! The guy went to go do another job for the next day. They make more money! They did it too fast to move on to another job to get paid. If they would have taken their time, it wouldn't be as bad of a job. But when you're trying to hurry it up, there you go! They need to not rush it because people put a lot of freaking money on this! I spent $28,000-$30,000 and that's not a little chunk of change. It's not like I just gave them $30,000 out of my pocket. They're gonna keep redoing it until I like it!

Also, they need to be nice! I am a perfectionist to a point. I understand not everything could be like the way I want it. But, come on! You got a little hole in the wood and they're just gonna put a putty thing over it and I'm supposed to see that? That's nasty! And the guy went, "Well, I did kind of explain some of this stuff." And I went, "No, that's not the point! I don't like this!" And when I have a brown wall, and white caulking that's literally on my wall, it's very noticeable!

Also, I told NewSouth when they came on one of the days that they brought the wrong doorknob to my door so they had to come back for that. One guy did come and he cleaned up a little bit, he put in my doorknob, looked at the windows, and he saw there were two big bolt things that were missing off my door. But that wasn't put in either. Then, the guy said, "The door has to be painted." And I was like, "Say, what? They never told me that!" So, now I'm told I have to paint this white door that they installed which nobody told me when I bought it that this is a door that's gonna have to be painted. I would have bought a painted door! We're not young people to be doing the work!

He said he would be back after inspection where they have to turn around and then redo all this stuff. When they come here to do this touching up, they're gonna be hearing it from me. NewSouth has the people that come and do the touch-ups but the ones who actually install the windows are subcontractors and that's the problem. They don't have a control over that. I found out that the window can tilt inwards so you can clean the outside. I told my mom they showed me that and that's the coolest thing. Then she went, "Your sister never said she had anything like that." My sister had no idea if hers even had that. Nobody ever showed her that. I asked the one guy and he said they're all like that. I said, "Well, they never showed my sister. She's had hers for a year and doesn't even know about it."

They're not communicating because they're independent contractors installing it. While the one guy was doing it and cleaning up or doing whatever, his wife showed me. "This is how you open it." She was really sweet. They never did that with my sister. Also, it took my sister's house two or three days but she had only six windows. My house is double the size, plus I did a whole enclosure, and they did mine in one day. That's a big difference. And then, my sister had to had them come back because it didn't pass inspections for her and they had to redo.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you Terri Pijuan, this is good information about the caulk and the communication with the service...,and we will make sure the installation department knows about this.

We are very glad that you love your impact window, and you and even your neighbors notice the difference and recognize the quality of the windows. AS you know you are protected with a lifetime warranty, and we look forward to serving you and your sister for as long as you own NewSouth Products.

Thank you for being our customer!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Sign up and put deposit money down in Jan of 2017 for new windows... Agreed to wait until March. It's May 17th, and still waiting... Not even given a date that they will be ready... And they do not communicate with you at all. I have to keep calling. Very unprofessional. Growing too fast I guess but sure won't last at the way they are doing business. Be smart. Find another company.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We like NewSouth's windows and they surely made their effort to stay in touch with us and they've been so good about taking care of the problems. We looked into two other companies, their competitors, and NewSouth's prices were comparable and I preferred their window to theirs. Also, NewSouth's sales rep gave me a breakdown on the estimate of each window. Whereas, the other one just wrote a figure in the back of a card as the overall cost and the other one really didn't even do that. So it was a bit more professionally done by NewSouth. Their rep had a little more experience and we ended up purchasing their Hurricane windows. However, in the initial proposal, there was a bit of a gray area but it's no big deal. We'd just like to be upfront with everything when it's possible. Also, I'm only used to giving final payment after the job is complete and that wasn't the case with them. But because the company is dependable, it worked out.

On the other hand, the quality seems to be very good. Also, they did a wonderful job with the installation. It was a very difficult job trying to redo what was already there. But the installers worked very hard and they cleaned up after themselves. Overall, we were satisfied with the initial sales person, with the installation, and how they came back and corrected a few minor things that were a problem. We will recommend them to others. As a matter of fact, somebody came by the house while they were working. And my wife and I talked to them and told them that we were very happy with everything. Another thing, I did ask them to send me a hard copy or print out of the initial order and the fact that it was paid in full. However, I haven't gotten that. I wish they would send me the invoice because my printers aren't working and I don't wanna buy new ink. I'm really happy with NewSouth Window Solutions.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 12, 2018

When I talked to a guy, he said that NewSouth Window Solutions was a locally-owned place and they call the parts here. Also, it intrigued me and I thought if there's anything wrong that they would be somebody I could call and talk to and get things fixed. I purchased two main doors and two sliding patio doors and the quality is very good. I would tell my friends to use them. We weren't dissatisfied with the overall experience but their installers could have done a better job.

I had some miscommunication with the sales rep on when they were going to come to the house and do the work. There might have been some miscommunication as to who was talking with who and what. I knew it had to be done before we left back for up north. But the rep was very apologetic for the problem and it was corrected, and things were taken care of. Also, it seems to take a little while to get ahold of the salesperson because he was out on calls a lot. Then we had some installation problems and I'm really disappointed in the installation crew. It was getting late and they were late getting there that day. They were supposed to be there at 8 o'clock but they didn't get there until 10:00. They were there until it was dark. The people that spent all day installing the stuff gave us five minutes to look at it and see if there's anything wrong that we can fix and take care of.

And it wasn't a consistent overall experience. There were some installation problems that could have been done better and that they could have taken care of. One door was put in very well. One was kinda submitted into our patio pavers and we had to chip that out ourselves. There were a couple of issues that we took care of ourselves before they even called the service person at that point, and I don't know whether they were just in a hurry that day or what. And then, after a couple of days, they call and ask if there are any issues. And then, they have a service guy that comes out and takes care of all the issues. He took care of them not to my complete satisfaction but sufficiently. After the service guy was there and took care of most of the stuff, everything turned out okay.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you Mr. Salchak for taking the time to give us the feedback. I'd glad to hear that everything was handled by the service man, and that you are happy with the quality of the doors. We will share the feedback with the team, and use it to improve and smooth out parts of the process. Thank you for being a NewSouth customer!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I like NewSouth's quality so I went with them and had them install a total of 21 windows of different kinds, two sliding glass doors, about a total of five panels and four exterior doors, three with impact glass. The quality has been good so far and I noted a big reduction in electric bill. However, my installation experience was terrible. Although I signed the contract in October, I didn't want the windows installed until April. Their reps gave me a call and told me, "We have all your stuff. So why don't you let us come?" So I said, "Okay, you can come." And this was in February the 20th. So, their installers showed up and of the 26 windows, eight had to be redone because there was something wrong with them. And they didn't come back until the 9th of April, because they were switching over the factory to the new Italian machines and he didn't assign me a great priority and just left me hanging.

They've finally finished the job, almost, about two weeks ago. However, there are still some parts missing on one of the sliding glass doors, which supposedly have come in now from the factory. And I'm waiting for a call to find out when they gonna be installed. So it's been a nightmare. The eight windows that were wrong in February weren't replaced until two months later. So that wasn't too great at all. I wound up complaining to the general manager, which brought the fire onto the guys a bit. He got everybody together and devised a plan to keep things moving. Their installers were very nice though and I enjoyed working with them. It's just that they are very busy because the windows are in great demand, especially with the hurricane season is coming. But it has taken them a long time to get their stuff together and make me happy. In fact, I've already paid for the whole thing.

And, in order to get the federal rebate from TECO, you have to take off the stickers that come on the windows. But the stickers on sliding panels can't be taken off. They have to be scraped off because for some reason, they glued on solid. So when you take them off, you destroy them. So the technician who was doing that, took pictures on his phone on those stickers before he scraped them off the glass. He asked me for my email address so he can send them to me but it has taken two weeks to get pictures of those stickers.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Our experience with NewSouth Window Solutions was good. However, the inspection failed the first time, which if they have watched, would have been done properly. Because when the inspector came, he said they missed putting screws or bolts in some of the windows and they should have never forgotten to do that. And they missed about seven. One or two, I can understand, but seven, that's a lot. They should make sure everything is done right. Otherwise, they were good. They cleaned up everything well.

The salesman, John, said better things about NewSouth windows even though they were higher in price. Otherwise, I could have gone with the other guys and did the whole 16 windows for the same price that I paid them for eight. John was very good, polite and he answered all the questions that I asked. I like the quality of their window. The installation team was kind, very cooperative and they knew what they were doing. But they should have finished the job or shou've said that, "Look, we didn't finish it. Maybe one of the installers will come back and finish it because it's not done yet." But they didn't. When I was in a technical business, if somebody did that to me, I won't give an order again. That's how I worked. But I'm not gonna do that with NewSouth Window because I saw the way the other guys from the other companies worked. I went to see a couple of houses where they worked and NewSouth window was stronger.

However, I wanted to cut the bill in half because I couldn't afford the $23,000. My wife decided that we should not do two little windows. So I called John and I said, "The contract be changed to delete those two windows." When a new contract was emailed, my wife called and explained that I could not sign the contract immediately since I was at my daughter's for seven days. My wife sent me the new signed contract and I mailed it from Holly Hill, Florida. When I returned home and my wife showed me all of the statements from Medicare that we might be responsible of the thousands, I realized that there was no way I could go ahead with the windows as planned.

I called John and explained it. I said, "Just do the living room windows as there's no way I could afford to do all of them. Then, I got this letter with zero interest and 9.9% interest. I cannot do this as I have five of the loans outstanding, plus what doctors want with Medicare. Everything happened after I put the contract in. I wasn't getting anywhere and my step-daughter is on dialysis so I went down here to talk to the general manager, the guy that's in charge. But he didn't come out of his office and refused to give me any break as far as the contract. I didn't wanna go to a lawyer and spend more time, but I wanted the windows still.

I begged NewSouth for mercy to void this contract and promised to proceed to the additional windows when I can. Since I am 85 years old, I really cannot enter into any loans that I may not be able to pay, and I cannot lose my home. Finally, I got a call that John talked to the ownership and they agreed to do it for half of the windows. Although I could have fought legitimately and got away with it, I didn't because I really wanted the windows for hurricane purposes. The general manager should have come out and talked to me that day and he didn't. He knew we were having a problem and he won't come out and talk to me. I was very upset about that. That's the only complaint I really had. If I wanted to do it again, I would do it with a different manager.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Our windows were installed on January 9th and failed inspection on January 19th because the front two were not tempered glass as required for their size and height. I was very disappointed that a company doing business in our county didn't know the regulations. Then it took until April 18th for them to make and bring out replacement windows. When they showed up it was discovered they weren't the right size!!! After waiting 3 months, we still do not have the job completed.

Now I'm being told, they will be ready the end of next week, but I have been given so many quick estimates of time throughout this process, I frankly, don't believe them. It is beyond me how they can make the windows wrong twice and a job that was started in January is still now completed at the end of April. Our order was put in in October so we have been dealing with them for 6 months now. We got an estimate for sliding glass doors when we ordered all of our windows, but we will not use this company again! To add to that, when they installed one of the bedroom windows it was discovered that is was missing the spring. Confused how a window without a spring could even leave the factory.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Sharon, we do apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with your project. I do see that there were some delays and miscommunication on the manufacturing side and we are working diligently to get those issues resolved. We have put a rush on your order and we should be ready for installation in 2-3 weeks. If you have any other questions, please call into the office and we will direct you to the appropriate person. Have a great day!

Original review: April 18, 2018

We had 14 windows replaced with 12 by NewSouth Window Solutions. The windows were manufactured local I preferred them. Their sales rep, John, was very good. He was not pushy but persuasive enough and described their product fairly well. I was very happy with John. But their inspections twice. Their service department and installation crew doesn't seem to communicate to each other. So I’ve had multiple people come out, one from service and one from installation, to try to fix problems when service didn't know that the installation people are coming out. It just seems ridiculous how they don’t talk.

When first time it failed, service sent somebody out to fix it. So they sent out Benjamin. He fixed what was noted on the failure but he didn’t give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. The windows wouldn’t open and when he first looked at it he said, “Well, it’s just a little stiff.” Then he came along and said, “Maybe I’ll just adjust this lock set on there.” And that helped it out. But he said, “The salesman should have not just one type of thing to demonstrate because not all the windows open as easier." But some of the other windows open as smooth as can be. So, if some of them open smoothly and they’ve never been used before, then all the windows would open smoothly. I think that’s a ** answer on your service guy.

Then after it failed the second time, I got a phone call from somebody that said they’d come out that day and we were not out there. We have two places so I told them, “Okay. We’ll be out then on Tuesday.” So come Monday, all of a sudden, I had to take my wife to the doctors so I called up NewSouth and got over to Cody, which I guess is in charge of service department. He didn’t know anything about somebody coming out on Tuesday but he said he had no appointments for Tuesday. But they did have somebody come out the following Tuesday so I said, “That’s fine.”

We got back from the doctors and within about a half-hour being back from the doctors, somebody called me. Not the one I set up with Cody for the following Tuesday but the one originally set up. It was three people from the installation team that came out to “fix the problem with the failure.” And then the following Tuesday again, somebody else came out from service. If you look on the internet, service is one of the issues highlighted by just about everybody that have bought their windows like with the sudden delays. They still have one window to replace for me too that was scratched on when it was installed. They supposedly have it on order. That was even another thing. When I talked to Cody, the service manager, his guy Benjamin said it was too deep to buff out. So it was gonna have to be replaced and he looked at it twice.

And yet Cody, who said he’d talk to Benjamin, his own guy, said he was gonna send someone out to buff it. I said, “Cody said twice it can’t be buffed out.” And then after he looked in the records and measured the window for me, he said, “We have a window on order.” So they are not really well organized and they don’t talk. I’m going to see if they fail the third time.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Roughly two weeks after hurricane Irma my wife and I stopped at NewSouth Windows showroom and made an appointment for their salesman to come to our home to give us an estimate for impact-resistant windows. We needed to upgrade the 28-year-old windows in our older, recently purchased home. He was prompt, gave his sales pitch, we felt the windows excellent quality, and made the deal. Their measurement team came by within the next week. We were given a time frame of about 6 weeks for them to manufacture and install the windows. About two weeks later they called to modify our order since Charlotte County Building Dept. would not provide a building permit based upon the windows ordered for our master bedroom. We accepted the modification, calling for casement instead of the single hung windows initially ordered, and signed/returned the addendum to our contract. Everything went fine, so far.

About 8 weeks later I called their office regarding installation and left a message. It was returned several days later, and we were given an installation date the following week. Their 2 man crew arrived early that day and explained it would probably take 2 days to complete the job. So far, so good. By late morning we became aware of problems, not with the installation crew, but with the windows they were given by the warehouse to install in our home. Of the 11 windows we ordered with a $5,000 deposit, 5 were correct and 6 were incorrect, were the wrong type of windows.

To complicate matters, we only realized this after two of the "wrong" windows were installed in our master bedroom. These were the single hung windows, instead of the casement windows required by the county and specified on the building permit. We stopped the crew before they removed and installed the other four incorrect windows. We had four correct windows and two incorrect windows installed out the 11 we ordered. The crew left with our second payment and told us we should expect to have the errors corrected and proper windows installed by the first of the year, 2018.

Without going into more specific details, in order to have this job completed it was necessary for me to return to the showroom, meet with the manager, follow that meeting with repeated phone calls, and emails, before the job was eventually completed, and the inspected and approved by Charlotte County Building Dept. by the end of March 2018. Had I not done this I am certain we would still be waiting for our windows. With this kind of customer service I wonder how they are still in business. They most certainly will never get a referral from me, instead I will tell any and everyone I meet to steer clear of NewSouth Window Solutions unless they want nothing but headaches and poor customer service!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Dear Gary, We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced during your time with NewSouth Window. It is the last thing we want for our customers. We want to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and will look into what element of our process broke down so we can better assist all of our NewSouth customers. We are glad to hear that we got you in touch with management and the issues stated have been resolved. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: April 10, 2018

The first person from NewSouth Window Solutions that came through and gave us the estimate appeared to know what he was doing. But I did not like that in their ads, they’ll say, “You buy two and you get one free.” I cannot figure out where that happened and then they play with the numbers at the bottom so you don’t know what’s happening. You just assume maybe they held up what they said. They juggle the numbers around to make it look like they’re taking off $3,000 and they’ll point and say, “There’s one. There’s two. That one’s three.” But they don’t do that when it says you buy two and get one free. Also, the sales rep did not communicate anything. He just did his little arithmetic, played with his numbers, and then said, “This is your bill.” And we did not get doors.

The installation team was good and knew what they were doing. They had everything out on the same day. There was so much banging and counting. We just said, “Thank God they’re through and they’re gone.” But I’m a little disappointed. The windows appeared to be fine. I thought they were gonna be darker than they are and that I could not see in at night and I would not have to have curtains. But I found out that’s not happening and that’s not true. I have some issues I need to call them and have them come back and fix. Despite this, we liked it better than the other company we looked at.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Hi Celia, we would like to apologize for the events you described, and thank you for the information. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn’t mind giving us a call at (813) 616-6000 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions you may have.

Original review: April 8, 2018

NewSouth is local from our area and they do a good bit of advertising. They’re made locally and they make a good window for this type of climate. The salesperson that came was from the town we just moved from and it was very nice with him. He sort of had a great follow-through the whole way to make sure that we had the best price and if there were any specials. We ordered the hurricane windows which is important to us and we also had a low-E. And we had a very fair price.

The installation crew was great. It’s an older house and nothing is square, so we think that some of the installs were difficult for them but they did a great job. They were in and out in the day. We thought it would even take a little bit longer than that. And they were pretty clean. Then, they had a follow-up guy after the inspection and he did the rest of the work. He noticed while he was here that one of the windows didn't have the right size. It doesn’t lay correctly in the frame, so he ordered a new frame for us and we’re waiting for them to come out and finish that. We were happy with the work and we were happy with the time frame.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will make sure to get this feedback to the team! We are #NewSouthProud of their work.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've been through other window retailers that I didn't like. When I came to NewSouth Window, I called and they told me that the guy, John was at my house. John came to my house but there was a mix-up. He left, then all of a sudden, I got a call from him and he said that he was sorry. He also asked if he could come back right then. I was thinking "who does that?" as it was 5 o'clock on a Saturday. So, he came and stayed three hours with me. Unbelievable. That guy was terrific. Based on John and the presentation, I went with NewSouth Windows.

The windows I got look wonderful. Everything went like a charm. NewSouth's contractor also put the windows in. They were supposed to take the whole day but their contractor did it in three hours. He was phenomenal since he knew how to manage a team. Every one of those people he brought with him reported to him initially. He gave them what they were supposed to do, they checked back, then he evaluated what they were doing. I was very impressed. NewSouth will cost a bit of money but when people cheap, they buy twice. Overall, I think NewSouth is excellent. It looks like they did a great job all around.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words, and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. So glad to hear you are enjoying your high performance products. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The sales guy explained everything and the installers came when they were supposed to and they cleaned up their mess. We're very happy with the quality and we had an excellent experience with NewSouth.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Sue. So glad to hear you are enjoying your high performance, NewSouth Window products!

Original review: March 20, 2018

The windows are great. The installation of the great windows is a total nightmare. I was told this was a "small job and could easily be completed in no more than a day and a half. First installer messed up installation of 3 windows before stating "All vinyl siding houses should be burned to the ground". I asked him to leave before he messed up any more windows, called a supervisor who came out the next day to inspect the mess, and rescheduled a new installation crew ("a crew of 4") for another day. 2 guys showed up a couple days later and said they knew nothing of a "crew of 4". I called the supervisor who stated these 2 guys could easily finish the job today. At 5:00 with 3 windows still uninstalled, the crew of 2 left. So another vacation day would have to be used to oversee this 1 1/2 day installation. 3 guys came back a few days later to finish the job.

In the meantime, the ceramic tile around my kitchen window could not be re-installed by the New South crew, as I was promised, so I had to arrange for my own tile man to come out and install the tile, luckily on the weekend so a vacation day from work was not used, but a Saturday morning was spent watching tile get installed. Next step was the County inspection - FAILED due to scrimping on the required number of screws to hold these hurricane rated windows to my window frames. Another vacation day burned up to have New South come out and install some more screws in my windows. Then another day for the inspector to return and check for screws. Second time passed inspection. Then schedule New South to come out and clean the windows (joke of all time), and install the strips to cover all the screw holes. The kitchen window (where the tile was a problem) was supposed to have white "plugs" to cover the holes.

Well, the guy who covers the holes for a living did not have any plugs the right size (he said the installer drilled the holes too big) so he squeezed some caulk into the holes and called it a day. After he left I cleaned all the windows from where all the paper tags were removed (they had to remain on the windows until after inspection). Now I am still waiting for pictures of my 10 windows showing that New South properly sealed around the windows to prevent future water damage to the wood sheathing and framing around the windows. Why do I want pictures? I had a licensed general contractor come out and pull back the vinyl siding from one random window to check the tar tape they use to seal around the window, underneath the siding. Surprise! The tar tape was not properly installed.

I sent a photo of the incorrect sealing job to New South and they agreed to send another installer out to properly apply the tar tape and seal the window. When I asked the next logical question, "How do I know the other 9 windows are properly sealed with tar tape?", I'm told the installers normally take pictures to document proper installation and sealing of the windows. So I asked for the photos - no response. I filed a complaint with the BBB and hope it will result in either photos showing a proper job, or another visit from New South to prove to me that my windows are sealed properly. Obviously, New South Windows in Tampa is at the bottom of my reference list forever!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Dear Earl, We apologize for any aggravation you have experienced. It is the last thing we want for our customers. We at NewSouth Window want to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and will look into what element of our process broke down. Our management will give you a call to further understand and give assistance. Thank you.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I did my due diligence and researched ever since we had hurricane Matthew because I'm disabled and a senior citizen. And so I had had six other companies out here over more than a year and I didn't care for any of them. I called Better Business with the hundreds of reviews and looked NewSouth up on Google. NewSouth came out and they were very upfront and honest with me. Plus their product looked better. I was really impressed. Every time they came out and talked to me they stayed true to their word. They could not replace my bay windows with bay windows because the new code says you have to build your foundation to the window. And that's a lot of money and I wasn't doing that. So I had them remove the bay and put in two big picture windows.

They replaced virtually all of the windows in my home except for two small ones. And they replaced my French doors with new French doors. And everything is hurricane windows except for a half-window door I have in the back that leads to my pool area and my front door and two small windows. The sales team said that my monthly payments would be based off the remaining balance and they're not. I expected them to be lower every single month because they would be based to a percentage of the balance. And instead they're an equal payment every single month. So it's a high payment every month, not a graduated lower payment every month. But other than that he was very good. He knew those windows inside and out. Then he gave me all the information.

And they did an excellent job putting them in. Everyone knew what they were doing. The team communicated very well. The whole team was polite, friendly, professional. And any little thing, problem that I had, they came and took care of. They did send a gentleman out named Skip who was supposed to adjust the screens from the bay windows but those windows are worse than when he found them. So they said I'm to call them tomorrow after 2 o'clock and they were supposed to give me some kind of date when they will return. But they put these in January 31st and February 2nd. And we've had long conversations on the phone that it'd be nice if they could come and fix those two screens because we are heading into the middle of the second week of March.

The other problem that I did have was with my doors and they made arrangements and they fixed those right away. The biggest problem I have, and it was a courtesy thing, was when they took out those bay windows and they didn't have to. I have the wood underneath that Polyurethane soffit and I don't know why but they cut my wood soffit out so I could see right into the 90 pitch of my attic.

So they did go and buy wood and cut it the right dimension and they did put it in. They screwed it into place but then they did not caulk it. They put that blue paint tape up and it's been like that since sometime in February. And every time I've called them and said they were going to fix it they didn't send men out to look at it. And they say the soffit material is on order and it will be painted and it will be coming into their destination in West Palm on Thursday. They'll paint it there and then they'll send a crew out to fix it. And I've heard that three or four times now. They have not been out.

And when I did say, "Hey, you guys have promised that three weeks in a row," a gentleman named Marcus said, "Hey, there's nothing in the contract says that we have to do that. That's a courtesy to you." And I said, "I fully understand it's a courtesy." And at this point, it really is because I signed up on that work and the reason I signed up is that they had been here, basically, all week and my cousin, at 54, had passed away. They were supposed to be done on Thursday. I was making food for the funeral or for the wake and that was on Saturday and they were working on my kitchen windows. I was supposed to have all day Friday to cook what I needed to cook and instead, I couldn't get into my kitchen to cook. I had plaster dust everywhere on Friday and they were here until dark.

So it was after that I had to clean my kitchen and then start cooking all Saturday morning and my nerves were shot and this very nice, young gentleman that they had working for him came rushing in, "Can you sign this? Can you sign this?" And I said, "What is this?" And he said, "It's to show we're done working for the week and we completed the work." And so I turned around and I signed it and I'd said, "Work is basically done except for the soffit." And off he went.

I wasn't supposed to sign that until 30 days after they were done. And so I signed away all my rights. And I don't think that was right but I did sign it. So, now I have to be very nice and go with them or I'm going to have bare wood exposed. I'm doing whatever I can for them to finish that soffit. I didn't even give myself 30 days to review the finished project and then, this Marcus sends me a letter through email that says, we have met Saint Lucy's standards and inspection and we have passed. So now I don't know what to do.

And even Marcus has been friendly and very professional the whole way until the issue. I paid $20,000 for these windows. And that came out of my retirement fund because I'd rather be independent. It's much easier for me to make payments on these. I recommend the company. As a matter of fact, I gave their name out to four different people who came by.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was searching about window companies and NewSouth came up. I noticed that the quality of the product was different than what I had seen, even though prices were the same with someone else who gave me a quote. So I wanted the high-end one. The salesperson was very direct, detailed and honest about everything. The installation team was very good and detailed too. They worked as a team, kept it clean and kept us posted about everything that was going on. We were very pleased with that. And I gave them big tips.

The products meet our expectations, except, I'm still waiting for the screens for the sliding doors. And also, final inspection is not done. It's been almost two weeks. I had to call them yesterday to see what's going on and they're supposed to call me today for inspection appointment tomorrow. I haven't heard from them yet. So we cannot leave our sliding doors open because there are no screens. And that was a little disappointing. They said, "Oh, must be in the warehouse, it's supposed to come this week, they deliver every two weeks." It's been on for four months now since we signed the contract. I was surprised about that. That's the company and that has nothing to do with the installation people. But other than that, the window seems to be excellent and of high quality. We are very pleased with that. With NewSouth, you're getting your money's worth, and you're dealing with professionals. Even the office people are very pleasant and responsive.

Original review: March 17, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions were super and we love them. The windows were great and they did a great job. We got high impact windows from them and it's very quiet. The sales guy I spoke with was fabulous. He answered all of our questions and that's why we went with it. They're a little higher than some other places. He didn't have to get back with us like the other companies. He's knowledgeable. Their quality is excellent.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Nancy, Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth products. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We had bad windows. NewSouth Window Solutions was a referral and we had four windows replaced. The guy that came to install the windows was friendly. The windows are working well and lived up to expectations. Everything that NewSouth did was great. The only problem is that they told me they are sending an inspector for the house on Friday, but he came Monday or the next day, when nobody was here to let him in. The work is done and it needs inspection.

Original review: March 13, 2018

NewSouth's Better Business Bureau reviews led me to choose them over others. Joe from the sales team was good. I was in the energy conservation field and knew mostly what he was talking about, and what was nice was I knew that what he was talking about was factual, and he wasn't giving hot air. I purchased high impact windows and they had excellent quality. Everything went really well with the installation team, too. They did a really good job.

I would, however, tell friends considering to use NewSouth to make sure before they leave, everything gets done. After they leave and get your check, they're probably not going to call you back. After the windows were installed, I could call and get somebody but the person I needed to talk to never calls me back. They left one of the blinds down. I called and asked them about it, but they said, "We have to leave it down because the caulk isn't dry yet." I said, "This is going to be hard to get back up." The guy really didn't say anything, so I called the next day. I said, "Is somebody going to come and put this up?" and nobody ever called me back. I called twice and never ended up with a response.

The other thing is that I needed to get the square-footage on each of the windows to get an incentive rebate from the power company. Again, I called a couple of times and nobody ever called me back, too. Finally about two weeks later, I called a third time and they called me back and said, "All you had to do is multiply this and multiply that." I said, "Never mind" and decided I'd do it myself.

NewSouth Window Solutions expert review by Joseph Truini

NewSouth Window Solutions is run by two former salesmen from Champion Window Manufacturing in Ohio. The company has four locations—Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, West Palm—and sells factory-direct replacement and new windows and doors throughout Florida.

• Offers energy-efficient windows: Those who are concerned about the environment can get the latest materials and technology, such as energy-efficient windows and smart home technology.

• Offers patio doors: Outdoor patios are very common in Florida, consumers can get doors that completely enclose and protect these structures from rain and wind.

• Factory-trained window installers: NewSouth installs all windows for owners and hires installers that have been factory trained using Florida Building Commission protocols.

• Weather-resistant products: Owners can purchase doors or windows that are highly resistant to damaging rain, wind or floods.

• Lifetime warranty: All products sold by NewSouth Window Solutions are backed by a warranty on both materials and installation. Easy financing and multiple-window discounts are available.

• Best for: NewSouth Window Solutions are best for people who live with storms and floods, including homeowners, condo owners, landlords, business owners and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information