4.37/5
  • 1 star
Based on 206 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NewSouth Window Solutions offers efficient, economical and durable ways to upgrade your windows and patio doors. All of our windows are backed with a lifetime warranty to ensure your home is always fitted with the best products to save you money.

It's our mission to provide cutting edge technology, energy conservation, outstanding quality as well as unwavering customer service. We look forward to your call to set up a free in home consultation or factory showroom visit.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 1, 2017

206 NewSouth Window Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Run from this company. It has been a ** show from beginning, to not the end, because the end is still not here and the very knowledgeable gentlemen who provided the quote, was at the property for measurements on March 14! Delivery and install was scheduled for June in hopes of missing the hurricane season, however the install happened in mid-August, and 2 huge custom windows on the front sunroom were "damaged" in transport, and had to be re-ordered. Those showed up in October, and after they were installed and all windows were stuccoed on the exterior, it was noticed that one of the kitchen windows was the wrong size, and another window was not square.

Today I was informed that the correct sized window is ready for the kitchen? Throughout the whole process, I had to deal with multiple people, no less than 5, and this was intended to be a rental property, and should have been complete 3 months ago. As it stands, it is December, mortgage payment are still being made, and the property cannot be rented yet due to their lack of execution. On top of all that, they requested payment in full for a lien release, and they would issue me a credit after they got their act together and delivered the last window and had a tradesman come out for the exterior stucco. First sentence, works nicely for the last sentence of this review. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

From start to finish the job took 4 months. This was too long in my personal opinion. I had to send emails and make numerous phone calls to get things moving. Other than that I am very pleased with the whole process. The salesman was very informative and professional. He made a very nice presentation that answered all of our questions. The product actually sold itself. I didn't talk to any other window companies. The installation took 2 days but the installers were very efficient. They cleaned up everything and also hauled away the old windows. They even washed the windows before they left. I highly recommend New South Window.

Original review: July 27, 2017

On April 12 we signed a contract for the installation of windows and door to enclose one lower and one upper lanai. It is now Aug 27 and as yet the work has not started. We have been given many reasons for the work not to progress. None of which has made sense. In addition to writing letter to president of the company we have had calls from various employees all indicating their concerns. However there has been no results. It is recommended that before any one signs and gives a deposit on a contract with this company they make sure the contract can be fulfilled within the time frame given. To say we are very dissatisfied is an understatement.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I know that NewSouth's windows are manufactured in Tampa and I like supporting local companies. And on the internet, their CEO has an info commercial that said that if we buy the windows from them, they'll stand behind them. Also, they have the simplest warranty in the business. It's one page and anybody could understand it. When I stopped by their showroom, the salesman was busy and the girl behind the desk kept coming from the back. She happened to be the branch manager of that area and my experience with her was excellent.

The installation was also excellent and the installers were better than expected. I made it clear to everybody that I don’t have a typical house. Everybody thinks it's PBS, but it's not. It's poured concrete and I thought it was going to cause a problem. But it didn't and it eased their installation. The installers took about five hours. Anywhere they crack and a chip of stucco came out, they patched and fixed all that. I'm extremely happy with NewSouth Window Solutions. They delivered what they promised and were professional and overall exceptional. The five single hung windows I purchased are of very good quality and they made a big difference in the appearance of my house.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I got sliding glass doors from NewSouth Window Solutions. It has a very good quality and from what I understand, they make their own windows locally. Their sales team members were great, very open, flexible and knowledgeable. The installers did a good job as well, but after they had left, I realized that they scratched my travertine in my porch. So since then, the communication with NewSouth has been not that great, going back and forth and trying to figure it out. I've had to make multiple phone calls to get them to come out and address the situation. The service manager there screen their calls if she were to come to the phone. And when she finally did after the third or fourth phone call, she then sent in somebody a week after. But the person that came in was not a specialist. They just sent one of their technicians to reconfirm even though another one had already been here.

He realized it can't be done and they’re going to need a true flooring specialist to take care of it. It was Friday last week and since then, I've attempted to call her again multiple times and at no avail and it's gone dormant. But at the end of the day, barring the damage that was done, the sales and installation process was great including the quality of the product. But after I paid, they skipped town so it’s pretty much the follow through all the way for full customer experience that I complain about. But it’s overall pleasant for the most part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: July 20, 2017

If people are looking for something that looks nice and does the job that they're looking for, then they should get the windows that I purchased from NewSouth. I got three windows for my condo. I didn't like the windows that the person near me had, and the windows that were put in when I came in the condo weren't as heavy as that so it didn't last long. Also, I can hear everything outside. I wanted to get a window that allows me to not hear as much what's going around in my neighborhood.

The salesperson seemed to be a nice person when he came over on a Sunday and showed the floor model they carry and how it would work. I was in the house when the guys put the windows. They were knowledgeable and they worked hard. I felt sorry the most for the younger fellow who was outside. I can't be both in and out. I told the fellow who's been working when the window first opened up, "I hope you don't mind me watching you while I'm going from room to room." He replied, "As long as you do your work right, it doesn't really matter who looks at you." I was very happy that he didn't make faces because I was there. But I told him I was sorry because I like to know what's going on and I do a lot of things on my own, too. They worked from 9:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. I was pleased and the windows were pretty.

I live in the back of a post office and at quarter to five in the morning, the trucks pull in to take the stuff off the trucks and put it in the building there. People don't realize how noisy it is until they live in my area. It quieted a lot with the windows and that helped a lot. I'm happy with the windows but I called NewSouth since I didn't do something right and my window sprung up fast and I wound up cracking it. It didn't have instructions how to open or close. They were similar to what I had in the condo so I thought it would be easy when I'm ready to wash them since the bottom part comes and there's a chance to clean the outside of it. It seemed so easy for the installers to release the window so it would come in to wash, and the same thing when the inspector came.

Original review: July 15, 2017

We like the sliding glass doors from NewSouth very much. The quality is very nice and the installers were very professional.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I had gone to Home Depot and Lowe's and I liked the idea that Home Depot had a warranty that could be transferred to the next person. NewSouth has something that's a little bit similar but the transfer only lasts for a month. The other one would last for the entire time that the other person lives here. So that was a little bit better. But NewSouth was local and they made the windows themselves and if anything went wrong with the windows, I could contact them and have the warranty with them. So it was all through one organization and that was a good way to go. I purchased seven windows and got one of the best models. Working with the sales team member was fairly good. But it wasn’t emphasized that we were responsible for taking down the different things like the blinds when they come to install the windows.

The two people that installed it were absolutely great. And it was one of the most pleasant parts of the entire experience. They wanted to do a good job and they did what was necessary. They had to travel back twice because it had rained a little bit that week and they didn't want me to be caught with the windows being open. So they stopped doing the installation and came back the next day. They arrived on-time and worked pretty consistently and I was amazed at the amount of work and effort that went into it. I thought that all they had to do is pop out the old windows and put in the new ones. The old windows that I had had aluminum frames to them and they had to saw the frame a little bit and then break them down so that they won't damage the stucco on the outer part of my window frame areas. They took a lot of time in doing it.

Also, a couple of the windows weren't quite right and they had to trim parts of the rubber off the one part in order for them to fit really well. They did an excellent job. The only thing is I noticed on one sliding window that when you slide it open, it leaves a dark mark on the track. I don't know if I just have to keep washing that. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my experience with them. I'm very happy with the quality of the windows. And if something happens to the windows, they are under warranty for a lifetime.

Original review: June 23, 2017

First the positive, our neighbor was delighted with his N.S. Windows. Now for the negative, my experience was not so good. They installed used and damaged sliding doors into the lanai as new. They installed a t-astragal that had been damaged and repaired at the shop as a new product as well. At a later date, these doors were then replaced with doors that did not fit the frame properly. When I complained to the installer about them being crooked, his response was, "That is the only way they will fit". Later, N.S. sent another team out and they confirmed the doors were not the correct ones for that frame. At a later date still, they came out and installed a different set of doors.

I have a leak in the ceiling in the lanai from a poor N.S. stucco repair/installation. I have not told them about this because I need to fix it properly. They don't seem to understand anything but a band-aid approach to repair and I don't want them putting layer upon layer of caulk over the problem. A different window in the front of the house was missing caulking, the longest of multiple sections being 8 inches. There were several sections that had never cured properly because the caulking was in contact with a petroleum based weatherproofing paper. The stucco replacement they did around this window was not properly done and likely leak down the road at some point. At least I know what to look for here. I did not notice this problem until I started painting the house and the county inspectors do not get up on roofs to check potential problems like this. I repaired this problem myself.

I felt uneasy with one of the installers (the crooked window guy). I requested that he not be sent out again. He was the lead installer the next time a crew came out. I complained that there was mud tracked on our carpet. No huge deal because the carpet is old and needs replacing. Standard procedure for the installers is to place a runner down on carpet when they are working, which they did. The runner, however, was removed before they were finished. When I pointed out the mud, the installer said, "Yeah, it is probably from your side yard. It's got a lot of standing water out there." I'm not sure how that takes care of the problem.

The screens for the sliding doors to the lanai were bent upon arrival and we were promised replacements. That was to take two months and we are now at six months and counting. I have not called them to complain on this yet. As of right now it has been more than 12 months since we signed the contract with N.S. A customer service manager recognized the problems we were having and offered, as an apology, a gift card to a local steak house. That was about five months ago as well and he has not done that either. It took three times before the county inspectors would pass the project. The inspections were done before I discovered the leak in the ceiling. No, I don't recommend NewSouth Window.

Original review: April 24, 2017

The salesperson showed us what NewSouth Window Solutions had to offer and how the energy-efficient windows work as well. But we couldn’t afford to do windows and sliding glass door at the same time. So, we purchased a sliding glass door. The installers were good but when the inspector came to the house, they had to go and take the door apart, it was inconvenient because we had to wait another week-and-a-half to have the inspection pass. Then they had to come back and put it together again. They said that was the first time it happened, they never had to in the past. They also don’t do a lot of installations in the garden. So I said, “okay”. But the sliding door is sturdy and pretty good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We decide to go with NewSouth Window Solutions to replace a 20 years old, big window for our bonus room. Needless to say it was expensive but we decided to invest in it and receive a good company service. The window is installed after all, but the experience was awful from the beginning to an end. Let me tell you the reasons for saying so: Company didn't contact the customer with the delays they were experiencing. (I was the one calling and asking why the time frame is overdue.) The measurements taken by company's employee were wrong which caused them to produce the wrong size window. Without any apology they said they will start again (caused 1 day of unfortunate promised installation + 1 day of new measurements + couple weeks of waiting + 1 new day of real installation).

Inspection was not a success too because not enough screws were installed to secure the window (which caused 1 extra days of staying home and waiting for someone to show up to fix the issue + 1 day of second inspection). Then I was calling the company to schedule the caps and covers visit "as required by contract" (where the receptionist named April is answering with "attitude" of being tired of customer calls). Company should send warranty paperwork shortly after finishing the project as was mentioned by the installer. 3 weeks later I decided to call and kindly ask for it, and received a very rude respond back (from the same receptionist).

Originally promised time frame was 3 month. Real accomplishment of installing one window took 5 month! Our overall experience is unfortunately unpleasant. Window is looking good though but every time we look at it we remember the trouble associated with the process. Good luck to those who will use NewSouth Window Solutions in your house projects!

Original review: April 9, 2017

I saw NewSouth Window Solutions on a television advertisement and got six hurricane windows from them because of the quality of their products. I had a pleasant experience with their salesperson. I feel good about the quality of the windows especially the way they were made and their overall structure. The installation was fantastic and their crew was wonderful.

Original review: April 6, 2017

My wife and I travel a lot, and have a home in Florida. We are interested in having NewSouth Windows come and give us a quote. However their policy is that they will not make an appointment with me if I can't guarantee that my wife will be there for the appointment. I called the corporate offices, and they agreed that this is their policy and offered no help except to notify their manager. It's not their business why my wife can't be there. There are many possible reasons. Maybe she is in a rehab facility, at a fat farm, incapacitated, in another state or country, etc. Either way, not their business. This only makes me think that they must employ high pressure sales tactics and badger people into signing a contract. That's not what I think of when I see or hear their commercials. If they are a good product at a fair price, they should be able to win the business. Otherwise I am going to make sure everyone knows that they don't value new business.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I had seven other estimates but NewSouth Window had what seemed like the best product. Everybody that I spoke and dealt with was great and nice. I could tell they enjoyed what they did so it was a good experience. It felt like NewSouth was the right one to go with and I got their double pane windows. At first, though, I didn’t like the price but then they gave me an option to have a few more months and use their contractor side so it was a little bit cheaper but I had to wait a little bit longer.

A guy came out, took 10 minutes to measure the windows and they called me when the windows were ready to be put in. They showed up at 8:00 and they were done by 2:00 so it was super simple. I feel awesome about the quality of the windows and every day I touch the windows. I had the old single panes before and every time the sun was beating in, I went over and touched the window and it’s great. The other thing is NewSouth has a full lifetime warranty on their products which none of the other people did.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We liked the idea that the windows are built here and NewSouth was not just the middleman and they didn’t just install them. We got 10 double pane windows from them and the salesperson seemed very knowledgeable and was very professional. The windows were very good quality and everything went well during the installation. The people were very professional, they knew what they were doing, and they cleaned up. They said it would take 12 weeks but they did it within eight weeks so that was a good thing. It went smoothly and as expected.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I happened to hear about NewSouth Window from another house that had their windows done in our subdivision. They did a really good job with them so I decided to choose NewSouth. When I checked out the price and quality on several different companies, I decided that they had the best one. I thought in the beginning that their price was very high but what really made me decide to go with them was when I negotiated the price down pretty much compared with the price of what I thought it should be based on other estimates I received. They still see me having a little aggressive side and that could be because they have a commission to make as opposed to on top of the actual cost of the window. Otherwise, they were thorough in their demonstration. We did our whole house and we purchased their windows and patio doors.

The installation went really well and they did a good job at placing the windows. The one issue, however, had to do with one of the patio doors. They were really big and we had a screen enclosure. They had to adjust one of our doors to the screen enclosure to fit the door through because they couldn’t get it in. It was a great experience on the whole and I'm very satisfied. The service representative did really well following up and she got me a rebate with our energy company, Duke Energy, so I was very happy about that. She submitted the paperwork for me and got everything cleared.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I called New South Window of Orlando to ask for a quote over the phone. The guy didn't want to take my measurements unless it was 5 windows or more that needed replacement. After I said ok then let me have more or less what this one window would cost and just hung up. REALLY? is this how you treat potential customers over the phone. I might have needed 10 windows for all they knew but since I called and initially said I'm only looking for 1 window the guy wasn't interested in what else I had to say. If he would have said let me send someone out to see what we can do for you then that would have been fine. I might have replaced all 5 of my windows. But now I would never use them for anything. If you are from New South Window or anyone else feel free to contact me as this story is 100% real. It happened on Monday, November 28, 2016 at exactly 11:30am.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I would not recommend this company to anyone. We ordered our windows and sliding door on July 7th. I called in August and they promised delivery and installation in early September - never happened and I did not receive a call from them with an explanation! When I did call, they promised delivery in early October but that was delayed every week until October 20th. I called them that week and in a callback they said that the sliding door had not come in yet but was expected to be there in time. When the installation crew came out they said they never received the door. Now a month later they still have no idea when the door will be in - and they are supposedly the manufacturer!! Will be seeing a lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The business is not familiar with standards outside their product line. Example, I wanted a 2 panel door in an opening of 104 inches. I was told I couldn't do this due to code violation. So I went with 3 panel door. Only to find out, THEIR product wasn't coded for 104 inch space. But other companies did have doors that could fit and were up to code. 3 panel door that was put in was defective. By then, NewSouth figured out, a 2 panel door could be put in the space and they were working on a new 2 panel door to add to their product line and waiting for approval.

To be fair, since they were going to replace the defective 3 panel with 2 panel they were testing, I said they could leave defective door as is to help minimize their cost. The panels did not measure correctly which meant the doors were not sealing when shut. It took nearly a year later to get the door replaced all while lots of energy left my home due to the defective door. Original estimate was 2 months. They never got approval for their door, so they purchased from another vendor and installed. Owner told me he would compensate me for the energy loss due to how long it took. Never got that compensation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Everything was great from the time they came to the house to show their windows and do their selling pitch. Only issue with the sales pitch is they try and make you feel like it is a special that you can only get if you sign then and there. The quality of their product is amazing. The install couldn't have gone any better. The 2 installers were very clean and worked around our schedule and were very accommodating. The City inspector even complimented them on their work. Shortly after the install I thought there was an issue with one of the windows, it turned out to be operator error, but they came out immediately to look into the problem and showed me how to resolve it. If I ever have to have windows or sliding glass doors I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

A grey colored seal was used on white vinyl windows between the double glass panes and it looks very uneven. In some areas of the window some of the seal appears to be missing. Also, an excessive amount of white caulking was applied around the picture window on the exterior of the house and it too was applied very unevenly.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I bought windows from a very good NewSouth Window Solutions sales guy and he was very efficient, polite, and answered all the questions. I'm also planning to have sliders done next year. The installation team was excellent and they were very, very efficient. They said what they were going to do. One of the NewSouth co-owners came by to drop off a window and I spoke to him for about a half hour. Then they cleaned up very, very efficiently and made sure that everything was done correctly before they left. They said they were gonna get here at 9:00 but they arrived at about 10 yet they didn’t leave till about 8:00 at night until the job was completely done and we were satisfied. They're a great company. My neighbors recommended them to me and I would also recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I got a couple of other estimates and there were a couple of reasons why I went with NewSouth. Mainly is the fact that they were local and made in the U.S. Their installers work exclusively for them - they're not subbed out. And I have had a little experience being in the construction business with my husband for many years in South Florida with impact windows. I did complete windows and doors in my home, and NewSouth was top compared to the others. That's why I went with them.

The sales rep came out and went through the whole background of the company. I was very surprised and happy that they were finished way before we had originally talked about. The installation also went very well and they had a great crew there. The installers were very courteous, very friendly and cleaned up when they were done. They prepped everything and were very conscientious of their work. I was there the whole time and we actually gave them lunch one day. I like to take care of people that work for me because we were on the business for a long time and I know the amount of work. They put in long days and they drove over an hour and a half each way to get there. I've already expressed to the office how pleased I was with the performance; everything went very smoothly. I even mentioned it to the inspectors that came out.

There were a couple of windows that didn't close properly. The little latch was not working and they marked it. They came right out and promptly corrected the issue. The price was also a little more than the other places that I get quotes from, but the quality makes all the difference in how that reflects. Overall I'm very happy with the NewSouth Windows. I have already recommended them to many of my friends and we'll continue to do so.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I searched for companies that did window replacements because I have an old home where I replaced windows. NewSouth Window Solutions came to the house, explained the differences between their windows and others and I was impressed. Then, the sales team person did a great job in the presentation again. They also manufacture the windows here in Florida. I bought 27 pieces of their mid-line model which are great so far. The installers were very helpful, careful and respectful of my property and house. There was one issue with one of the windows wherein they said they were gonna get it done and they did, on time. The salesman and the installers represented NewSouth Window Solutions well and the product is good.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We did a lot of research with several other window companies, and the gentleman from NewSouth came and brought his demonstration. He showed us a lot of other features that the other windows were not as well made, and it was awesome. The people that put the windows in were very courteous and polite, cleaned up, answered questions, and did a fantastic job. The items have been good, so far, and they clean real easy. The problems I had was that we opted to go 8 to 12 weeks out because there was a discount if we had done that, and we also ordered a door that had the wrong glass in it, and no one bothered to call me to tell me that it was going to be delayed another two weeks. I got impatient that there was a communication breakdown. But other than that, I was completely satisfied and would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I had an excellent experience with NewSouth when I got windows from them. They're very easy to deal with and I was impressed with everything that they presented. I was particularly impressed with the installers. They weren't farmed out; they were the company's installers. They did a great job. I recommended NewSouth to my neighbor and she also engaged them to put windows at her apartment.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I had looked at other places and the prices of NewSouth Window Solutions weren't that much different for the quality of their items. I called them and they came out and gave me an estimate. Everybody from NewSouth was excellent. I got all new windows and I love their quality. And I get a lot of compliments on them. A lot of the neighbors and people stop and they noticed that the windows are new. That's a good thing. It was an expensive but good experience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

We had a different company come out, talk about their windows, give us a price and so forth. But we liked the quality of NewSouth Window better. Their salesperson was really knowledgeable, very nice, and wasn't pushy at all. He didn't try to sway us but he knew that he had a good product so he presented it and the product sold itself. The installers were very nice, very courteous, cleaned up after themselves, and did a nice job. We got the replacement windows from them and we're very pleased with their quality. They look nice and we noticed a big difference in the cutting out the sound. Our electric bill for our air conditioner was less than it was a year ago even though this July was hotter than last year. We're very happy with the product and with how everything went.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

From the time we placed the order till the installation time, it took longer than I thought it would have. NewSouth always blamed it on how they were just busy, and it's okay. We’re willing to wait to get the quality of the ones that we want and it’s worth it. They did a good installation although they had to come back. The first installer missed a few things on the first installation. They didn’t put some of the caps in and there were some other little plastic pieces that go at the top of the ones that should have been installed that were not installed but we kept. This was a 3-year period. They didn’t put the final coat of wax and didn’t buff the trunk well enough. These were the things that the second installer picked up that the first installer should have done properly.

The last installer who serviced the window in the kitchen and a couple upstairs did an excellent job. He noticed other things and made the corrections on his own for me, which was good. So it’s just a matter of how well trained or how thorough the installers are. The quality of the product is good.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I contracted with NewSouth Window in July 2015. To make a long story short, working with this company was the worst experience I have ever had with a contractor. They sent the wrong windows, damaged my outside sills, caused some inside damage, and took until February 2016 before the installation was complete. I only had windows done in three rooms!

I cannot tell you how many different subcontractors they sent from start to finish. It took 3 visits from the Pinellas County inspector before things passed completely. The installation was so poor that they had to replace one window in its entirety. It took three different teams to fix one large window. The original installation of my Living Room window was so poor, I could have done it myself with better results. I couldn't even close the side windows because the job was butchered. Because of all the time and trouble they caused me, I withheld $600 from my final payment. I ultimately was forced to pay this because I was selling my house and they had not submitted a release. Do yourself a favor and go to any other company for your windows. Anyone else has to be better than this.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information