Call toll free
3.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NewSouth Window Solutions offers efficient, economical and durable ways to upgrade your windows and patio doors. All of our windows are backed with a lifetime warranty to ensure your home is always fitted with the best products to save you money.

It's our mission to provide cutting edge technology, energy conservation, outstanding quality as well as unwavering customer service. We look forward to your call to set up a free in home consultation or factory showroom visit.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

357 NewSouth Window Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

For the last five years, I had been looking to getting my windows replaced. I had different companies come and they did their presentation. Then, we had the hurricane in 2017 and that kinda made me get more serious about getting them done. I felt NewSouth Windows would be the most trustworthy and the best option. Also, the sales rep was really good and I liked him. My husband and I are both retired military and they appreciate the military. He obviously is experienced and wasn’t a fellow who was gimmicky or was trying to get our business.

Also, he answered all our questions and stayed with us throughout the whole window process because we had a problem when it came down to the installation. We had to wait seven months to get the window so we were discouraged about that, but I understood and they kept us updated. Then, once they got the windows done, they didn’t come on the day that they promised, and my husband took the day off so he lost a day worth of pay based off of their promise to be here. But they came back too and they fixed all that.

I was not able to get my triple sliding doors on because of the price. But with the 10 windows they installed, so far, I'm really happy with their quality. I could tell the difference with regards to the insulation. I don’t hear as much from the outside and I don’t get dust residue from when the yard man does my yard work. And I don’t get fine dust through the windows that I had gotten before. I knew I was losing through the windows anyway, but I don’t see that now and I'm happy with that.

The only thing I didn’t like was that they didn’t do the bottom ledge of the window and they left holes in there from where they drilled the screws in based off of the instructions criteria. It was very unsightly. But the guy said they had to screw screws to the bottom and the top as opposed to just the side. So, NewSouth Windows provide check to cover for the side, but they don’t provide it for the bottom.

I spent all this money on these windows and now if I open the window and I look down there, I could see little holes with screws on the end. They're not drilled perfectly, so it looks really messy. I was really disappointed. But the guy told me that he caulked in the holes so they weren’t actually off. We accepted that and it made sense that they couldn’t put a cover on the bottom because then it would interfere with the insulation for the window coming down. But I think that NewSouth Window could come up with a solution to that situation. All in all, I like it and I'm happy. I know I got the best company to do the job and I know the warranty is great.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Mrs. Bolden, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. Our team will really appreciate this feedback. If there is anything you need in the future, please give our office a call. Thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

NewSouth manufactures their products here locally, and we did the complete house with them. In total, we did eight windows and one door. The sales team member we dealt with was fantastic. We went back to purchase doors from them a second time and we dealt with a different member. But the first member was very clear and very open about everything. It was a very simple process too.

They installed all of the windows and the door in one day, which was fast. But the quality lacked because they tried to finish it all in one day. We had to have them come back for a few things and I had to contact them in order to have them to come out. They didn’t pursue it on their end so that was a little frustrating at the end. When they came out to put window trim on the inside of the windows after the final inspection, the first gentleman who came out did not complete the full trim. So we had to have them come out for that.

We also had one window in our son’s room that they didn’t install properly. It was rubbing on the bottom track so we had to have a gentleman come out and repair that as well. After the worker left, he was supposed to send somebody back out because he just came out to finalize the trim. But I had to contact NewSouth to have them come out. That issue was taken care of last week so it took a little time at the end. We also had some leakage through the threshold at the bottom of the door when we had a tropical storm. It was an installation issue with the caulking and the threshold at the bottom. But they did come out and repair that. They puttied the screw holes which were not done before, caulked them and finished doing the trim as well.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience, Ms. Racca. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We looked at several manufacturers of windows and I like the quality that NewSouth had to offer. We purchased 12 windows for our home, so it was a fairly reasonable sized job. The salesperson was fine and he told us everything we needed to know. He also demonstrated the window for us. The only problem that we had was even though we knew there was going to be a wait for the windows, we ended up waiting five months. That’s the normal wait time, which is outrageous. That, to me, is gonna turn customers off as people aren’t gonna wait 5 months for thousands of dollars of windows. A very long waiting time would stir me off if I was gonna buy windows again. They need to hire more people and work more hours. They should build a new factory so they would be able to accommodate.

For the installation, we had four guys and they were here for one and a half days. They were excellent, very courteous, tidy, and clean. They did a wonderful job and we really like them. We were very happy with them. However, they still have to come back since there were two errors. First, we had a plain glass non-movable window and we were replacing it with also a non-movable window. They sent us a double-pane window so they have to replace that.

The second error is that the grates on the top of one of the windows don’t match the bottom window and that is stupid. They said that it was diagrammed properly when they came to do the install for the measurements. It’s a common thing so it was really an unusual error. For them to make the mistake was a little drop-the-ballish and it's a little unusual for a company like that to make two errors. They said it will take four to six weeks, which I understand. It’s reasonable and acceptable but hopefully, I don’t have to wait 5 months. A friend of ours is coming over to look at our windows ‘cause he’s interested, but I don’t know whether he’s going to give it a five-month wait. Still, the quality of the windows are excellent and I would recommend NewSouth highly.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, Mrs. Lis. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your windows; they are designed to provide impact resistance while delivering energy-efficiencies. And we would like to apologize for the delay. Earlier this year our three separate factories were combined into one large facility; the move, along with the increase in orders after Irma, contributed to our delays. Again, we are happy you are enjoying your NewSouth products. Keep in mind that they do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I called NewSouth Window Solutions and another company. When the other company got back with me several days later, I already had the rep out from NewSouth who was very good. We purchased the impact windows from them and they were of excellent quality. However, the installation did not go well. The installers made the installation right but they had not taken the bay window out, which is three pounds of glass. NewSouth had to send another team out, a more professional team. The first team was just one man. He came out with two fellows the first time, and then he came back by himself. My husband had to assist him.

When the second team came out, the tech saw that the bay window had to be redone but the rest of the windows in the house seem to be okay. The tech looked at the window and he said, "No. We have to take this out. The measurements and all were off." We've seen that but because of the foundation of our home and the structure, we didn't know if we should rip it out and do it over. But the tech said, "No, it needs to be done." The team took out the bay window and eventually made the installation right. They were also the ones that installed the sliding glass doors that were backordered.

It was a very stressful installation experience but we are enjoying the windows now. We finally got shades on the windows, the bay window, and the sliding glass doors. It's just beautiful. I would recommend NewSouth Window Solutions but they need to improve on their installers. They need more installers and they should not employ that one person that came to our house. He worked very fast and had no regards for our foundation. He just ripped away at it. They sent out an excellent team the second time and I wish we had them to begin with. I'm very happy with that second group.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your comments, Brenda. We do apologize for the setback in completing your project. NewSouth is dedicated to making things right and we are glad to hear that you are now enjoying your high-performance windows. Keep in mind that your windows do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I didn't wanna deal with having to put storm panels up and I thought that purchasing new windows was the way to go. We had an appointment with NewSouth and a gentleman came here way before the appointment time. I was also impressed with what he had to tell me about NewSouth and the way he explained everything to me. There was no pressure and it was a good session. So, I decided to go with NewSouth and I got 10 hurricane windows from them. They are the impact windows and I spent $15,000 on them.

The installation was excellent and I have nothing but good to say about the people that came here. The lead guy was Corey and he had two people working with him. Before they left, I told them how impressed I was with the way they handled the job, from the installation to the way they finished the windows off. And when they left here, you wouldn't even know that they were here. Everything was cleaned up in the outside and the inside. I also let NewSouth know about that and that those guys were a definite plus for their company.

But I couldn't understand why they didn't put NewSouth on their vehicle. Corey gave me an explanation but that is something that they might have missed the boat on because where I live in, there are a lot of people that still need windows and if Corey had NewSouth on his trailer, it would be a good advertisement. Other than that, I had a good experience with NewSouth and I was happy with everybody. Also, when the guy from the county came here, he commented that it was a good job. A day later, somebody from NewSouth came to finish off those little tabs that go in the window. They had to be left out for the inspection to see the size of the screws or how many screws they put in to secure the windows. So, everything went really well.

We ordered the windows in February and they didn't come in until the end of June. But I didn't call up NewSouth and complain about it because I didn't wanna have a problem with the windows and have to call NewSouth then they'd tell me that that was what I got because I kept bugging and pushing them. In the end, I happy and satisfied with the windows. I also kinda understood the situation that they were dealing with when Irma hit here. A lot of people were looking for windows which picked up the business. Plus, NewSouth got a heck of a window. My next door neighbor put in PGT and I don't like his windows at all.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for the wonderful review, Mr. Mokos! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have a large house requiring about 3 phases of window replacement. I used NewSouth for Phase 1 and 2. Phase 1 consisting of replacement of 3 bedroom windows, 4 bonus room windows, and a triple French door. No issues and liked their service so I decided to move forward with them for Phase 2 - a double French door, 2 large windows, and 2 large 1/2 circle top windows. In January 2019 they installed Phase 2 - FAIL. They installed a broken circle top window - cracks in 2 places - and told me it came off the truck that way. 1) that means NOBODY at the receiving warehouse performed quality control before delivery to the customer. Secondly, they had to install it anyway (as my old window is now gone) with promises they would replace it with a new window ASAP.

It's now May 11, 2019 and after multiple emails and phone calls, I have had no resolution. NewSouth doesn't care at ALL about repeat customers as you would think they would ensure they get phase 3 of my business - 6 window replacements and a third large French door. apparently not. So, I'm left with little choice I have to pursue action against them. They've demonstrated they have ZERO intention of providing me with the material I paid for. You have to wonder if they're close to bankruptcy and are waiting everyone out. Also noted, is that they don't respond to ANY negative reviews on this page. Fairly indicative of their low level of customer service. I guess I'll see them in court, unless by some miracle I get a window this month.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Horrible Experience!!! I had an appointment with NewSouth Windows on a Saturday morning. I met the salesman, Rick ** at my gate. He stood there staring at me behind his sunglasses while in the shade. No greeting and he did not look happy. I greeted him and asked him how long did it take him to get to my home. He responded an hour and a half...with attitude. I requested we can make this quick, so go ahead and measure and call me with a quote. He stated he came to do a full sales presentation which will take 90 minutes. I responded, "No need as I am VERY familiar with your product and will be installing 22 windows asap." He gave me attitude and I stated I did not need he coming into my home and requested he leave. I could go on but you get the point.

Original review: April 30, 2019

At first, we read the reviews and thought a big company would not let you down. Poor judgement! The installers was here on time which were contracts, not the company. However, they missed two windows and waited for 30 days for the windows per manufacturer. Called the company as follow up after 30 days, and no call back. When the manager, Rich, said he will call back, he never did. Their words are worthless and their promise, I would NOT count on or as far as I can throw. I would not recommend this company. Look other company.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My husband, Roland **, wrote an honest review, recently, about NewSouth Windows and your management team. He gave a 1 star rating on the service your company provided for us. I will give it a zero rating. The anxiety and worry that we went through was terrible. You insist on putting the blame on us. When you continually refused to take our calls or return them, what are we supposed to do. You would not call us for a week at a time. We were in a race with the owners of the new home, on confirming the contract on the new house. We had 10 days.

I sat by the phone and stayed at home waiting for a call from Mr. **. 9 days later, we finally had to drive to Mr. ** office, he met us in the waiting room and tried to say what he wanted, with other people around. My husband asked to go in his office to talk in privacy. He gave no real excuse for not calling us back. This is the day before we had to give an answer on whether to accept the offer on the contract of the new house. When asked if we could change our contract with NewSouth Windows, and to put the windows to the new home instead, Mr. ** said no. That the windows were already in the "system". We asked what that meant and he just said "that they were in the system." Does that mean they were already made?

All he would say is that they were in the system. He then told us that the company was not making much profit on the deal. We offered to pay the 13% profit, that Mr. ** said the company would make on our contract, to let us out of the contract. He refused. We knew that we were stuck. There was no way out. However, before we left his office, we again asked if the windows were made or not, Mr. ** finally said that the windows were not made yet. So if you ask why we gave them these reviews, Maybe, after we stopped paying $500.00 a month, for windows that were installed in somebody else's house, and still paying till this coming November!

Maybe, then, I can say how bitter we are. It seems to me that people that try to do things the right way, are continually getting the short end of the stick. We worked for every cent we got. Thanks NewSouth Windows! Especially you Mr. **. I hope you enjoy the 13% you made on us. Again, this is about as honest as I can get! Thanks to the people that respond, I just don't want other people to go through what we did. By the way, NewSouth Windows are still trying to blame us, after my husband's last review.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We called three window companies and we were more pleased with the sales side of NewSouth and just the product. It was a no-brainer for us. We did the impact windows all the way around. My husband dealt with the salesperson because I ended up working late. By the time I got home, they had negotiated the bill. Our sales guy was wonderful and very helpful. We had the work done in two installations and the guy followed up with us and made sure everything was good. We were very pleased with him. Installation team number one was very good but team two rocked. They were a little bit cleaner than the first team. Our impact windows are very good and I noticed a huge temperature difference in the house. I’m very pleased all around.

Resolution response: April 23, 2019

As of this time we are currently in a resolution with the company to come to satisfaction of our terms.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have signed a contract almost a year ago for almost all the windows to our home. The sales pitch was wonderful so my husband and I agreed to have our windows replaced by this company. We signed up with a financial company for the payments. This investment is huge and expensive for us. They took several months to manufacture the windows, we were patient. Unfortunately there were problems after the installation. Several windows have scratches, one window was totally wrong (obscure instead of clear), and one eventually cracked (it leaks water in between the glass now since it's been raining). Several attempts have been made to replace them. But for some reason, each time the installer comes, the windows are either wrong or not the right size. And it takes several months in between before they could come back for the installation, that is if they have the right windows.

I have read the glorious reviews of other customers and they could have their windows right away and with no other problems, now I feel like we are being totally disregarded as a "valued customer" because of the unfortunate events we are having. All we wanted is this thing to end, get our windows as we had been promised and avoid the aggravation. As of now I would not recommend this company at all. The way the company is handling our business has been so upsetting to say the least. I presume customer satisfaction was the least of their concern especially when it came to us.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The windows from NewSouth are great. I bought 10 windows and sliding glass doors, which I coordinated with somebody who then contracted with NewSouth Window to purchase them. The installation went rather well too. NewSouth was excellent.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

Remember, this is part of New South Window Solutions mission statement. "UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION". This is the farthest statement from the truth. We signed a contract to have 8 impact windows installed in our home. We gave the required 10% down and balance upon installation of the windows. We were advised that the windows could not be installed for 12 to 14 weeks due to work back up and the consolidation of manufacturing plants.

About 2 weeks after signing the contract to purchase the windows a house that we had always loved came up for sale. We entered a purchase agreement with the owners of that house subject to being able to come to an agreement with New South Windows within 10 days. We contacted the salesman immediately and advised him and he said that he would forward the info to his district manager in Sarasota. Remember, we had 10 days per our contract with the homeowners to come to an agreement with New South Windows which was explained to the sales rep.

Well 9 days went by with not a word from the district manager so my wife and I went to the manager's office. We met with the district manager for almost 1 hour and got absolutely nowhere. He was rude, uncooperative and very unprofessional. We offered to give them our $890. deposit just to be able to void the window contract. Per the district manager the windows had not been built yet and were not going to be built for at least another month.

We went so far as to offer to have the windows installed at the new house. All that would need to be done is have the windows remeasured at the new home. It was all a failure. So if you read their mission statement of "UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION" do not for one minute believe it. They are in business to make money and when it suites them satisfy the customer. I am a senior citizen approaching my 70th birthday and have had many business dealings along the way but I have never had such a bad business experience in my life. Sorry I was not able to give them "Zero" stars rating or I would have.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Mr. Charbonneau, First, we want to apologize for any miscommunication there may have been. According to our records, the request to cancel your contract was made almost a month after it was signed and we did agree to the cancellation, despite your cancellation period having passed. After reaching that agreement, you requested that we reinstate the contract, but instead manufacture and install the windows for your anticipated new address. After agreeing to this, your plans to purchase a new home changed/were delayed and requested that we revert to the original contract and to install the windows at your, at the time, current residence. Once again, we agreed to this. After some time had passed, your plans changed once again and you requested that your contract be cancelled as you would in fact be moving to a new home. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet this request, as we had already made three adjustments to your contract and almost two months had passed since your original contract was signed. We do apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We understand that your windows were installed into the home originally contracted for and that the new windows were not only a selling point in your online listings but also that the new homeowners are pleased with the them. Again, we are sorry for any frustration you experienced, but hope that you see our efforts to be flexible. We wish you the best and hope you are enjoying your dream home.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We replaced all windows of the whole house with NewSouth Windows, and we were very pleased with the quality. The sales people were fine and the installers were efficient and worked well but the screens weren't ordered. It took six weeks to get all the screens and stuff put in. My husband called them. They were courteous and they were fine about it. They weren't nasty. But it was really a hassle to get them all completed.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Awesome windows. Energy efficient, great looking, professionally made and installed. What more can one ask for but you have provided. Very nice working with your team. All around very professional. What a great window. Could not be any happier. Thank you again, Todd.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I did an internet search and looked for quality windows. I liked the fact that NewSouth Window Solutions was designed and made for Florida, and built in Florida. I purchased 11 windows total from them. There were three double-hung, two single-hung and the rest were horizontal sliders. I also purchased one French door and two entry doors, and their reps were fantastic.

The installation team was wonderful. Anyone can do new construction but since it’s an old house, working in a preexisting home takes a bit of decision and a bit of troubleshooting and they were seamless. The installation took three days because of the number of windows to be installed. And the biggest thing was the large, double-hung windows in the sink. The first day, they spent two thirds of their time just working on my large front window because that went to three large double-hungs. And to get them precise, there was a bit of coaxing and cajoling, and they did a fabulous job. The doors are like solid construction that I haven’t seen since my farmhouse had a solid walnut door built in 1862 that are solid as a rock. Overall, I was totally impressed with the scheduling, the permitting, the willingness to answer questions, the willingness to come out and tweak things.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I can't speak for the experience others have had, but I'm very satisfied with the work this company did for me. 2 sliding glass doors and a bathroom window. They did a very nice job. Yes, there were things that needed correction, but they promptly attended to all the problems brought to their attention. The product was delivered in the specified time frame, and once complete the inspection was passed within a week. I had similar work done for me a year ago by Armorvue and I'm still trying to get resolution on the work that was done. NewSouth has done a far better job for me. One word of caution, make sure all windows and doors have the small gold rectangular sticker clearly visible on all installations. Despite what you may be told otherwise, this is the most important sticker that the code inspector will absolutely require to be on the product.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The showroom of NewSouth Windows is pretty close to my house. For ease of shopping, I went there. I purchased two doors. It was a new front door with a sidelight, and then a door that goes from the guest bath to the lanai that had a half slide in it. I kind of wish I’d gotten a door with lights in it now, but there’s not much I can do about it at this point. But the products I got are great. They're very sturdy and of very good quality.

The representatives were very nice and helpful, and the workers were great. They came in and got it done. I don’t think it was an easy job ‘cause it’s an older house. Sometimes, things aren’t square. But they cleaned up after themselves very well, they got everything done, and the guy came back later to finish sealing any screw holes, so it was very nice. It took a day for the installation and then half an hour after the inspection could be finished. He had to finish plugging screws. The guys installed all the hardware for the doors, the latches and handles, so that was nice. I would definitely recommend NewSouth Windows.

Original review: April 3, 2019

NewSouth Window Solutions had a good product. Their rep came here and put his presentation on, all his samples, and the UV rays. It was very interesting. We got five double hung windows and the installation went really good. The installation guys were great. They came early in the morning, and they were gone by noon. We love our windows.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My new windows were delivered as promised. Clean and efficient installation. Definitely helps in keeping my electric bill down. Looks great from the road and gives more curb side appeal. Easy to clean as well. Lifetime warranty mostly is what sold me at first on the windows.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know, Mr. Armstrong. We love to hear this, and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: April 1, 2019

In August, 2018, I signed papers for 6 new windows. At this time, I was told it would be 3 to 4 months for installation. At this time, provided check for 1/3 of overall price. In January, 4 of the 6 windows were installed; another 1/3 paid. At this time, they realized they manufactured a wrong size for one bathroom. It is now April and two windows still not yet installed.

Additionally, no inspection can take place until all windows are installed; I have stickers all over my house for 3 months. And, I have a bathroom window without any protection from neighbor eyes, because the window they removed was frosted, and the temporary one installed is not. And... One of my windows has extraneous pieces missing, because they too will not be added to window until inspection is complete. I called again, at the end of March (2nd follow-up call since the January installation), and was told someone would return my call. 3 business days later, no call. I will not recommend this company to neighbors who ask about stickers, or to my realtor colleagues, as I only recommend good service and quality products. Dr. Patti **.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Dr. Sullivan, We would like to apologize for the delays caused by the mismeasurement of your windows. Unfortunately, short of removing the current window and measuring the wall, window measurement isn't an exact science and from time to time our method proves incorrect. But rather than trying to make an incorrectly sized window work, we'd rather try again and get it right. Again, we are sorry for any frustration the delays have caused. We understand that your service is scheduled for 4/18/19 and we look forward to finalizing your project then. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: March 30, 2019

For the price I expected a nice looking window as well as a quality window. Great presentation by sales but the windows look about 12 as good as demo. Corner seams are uneven, jagged and rough. The inside of the frames look like someone ran sandpaper over them. Bronze windows had white sealer ooze out the seams. Sealer also oozed on the insides as well. One small window the upper pane lower rail had a very noticeable drop from one side to the other. I do not recommend. For the price I would think they would have some quality control. I don't think decent craftsmanship is too much to ask.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We were passing by an office and saw the advertisement for NewSouth. The office is on the main road and our church is around in the same plaza, and we decided to pop in one day and have a chat with them. The sales guy pitched the sale to us and after we did our research, we found out that most of what he was saying was true. He described what we were gonna purchase and what it does. He was a fairly nice guy. I also liked the price. I got sliding windows and the guys that installed it were fast, efficient and on time. The inspector managed to come back after that and did an inspection. I walked around with him, he showed me what it was and I tested the windows myself. Everything went smoothly. I am still waiting on my electricity bill to see if it really goes down as they said, but so far the windows make the house look better.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We contracted with NEWSOUTH WINDOW SOLUTIONS for 5 windows in our home - about 5000 dollars on June 2 2018. Mid Dec the windows were FINALLY installed. Way way past the 8 to 12 weeks. December 21 a few days before Christmas the glass FELL OUT of the window frame. Yes fell out of the window frame This is a 36 inch by 60 inch window about 100 pounds of glass. The glass fell onto our dining table chair and a bench damaging these just purchased items. Just minutes before our children were to be seated for breakfast.

NewSouth Window Solutions came out and boarded up our new window with plywood as a temporary fix. It was discovered the window had been manufactured in their factory with ZERO glazing. Nothing was holding the heavy glass in ever - simply gravity. Within a few days of the glass falling out of one of the windows frames it was discovered that the OTHER windows LEAK WATER THROUGH THEM. NewSouth Window Solutions said they would manufacture all 5 windows AGAIN but we had to wait etc.

On February 12 2019 they come to install the new second set of windows, but could not due to the rain. So installation was rescheduled again for February 25. On the Saturday before the 25, the 23 a "Manager" Randy called me in the morning telling me the the SECOND set of windows that should have ALREADY been installed already were found to be DEFECTIVE AGAIN. So they ordered another set on the 12 of February with the high hopes that they would arrive from their OWN factory in Tampa before the next install date of the 25 however they arrived broken or damaged so NO windows for us as now the 3 set up is not available for our home on 25 of February

By my count that is THREE sets of windows. ONE set well part of set that are wood and leaking in our home. SECOND set found to be defective only AFTER they were unable to be installed and THIRD set broke upon delivery to their warehouse in Altamonte from their factory in Tampa. I have contacted SEVERAL people including: Warren (British) their salesman **. Fred their install manager who has been to our home and seen the horrible job first hand **. Randy the manager of the Altamonte store **. Marcus - NewSouth Window service solutions **. Tim who I was told is regionals manager - the BIG BOSS **.

I have asked for a refund as we have ZERO faith in their ability to manufacture a window correctly. They offer 100% customer satisfaction with a lifetime warranty and there are supposed to be 140 MPH hurricane windows - no hurricane came through before Christmas? I wonder how many windows are barely glazed in or not at all? Tim told me that they will give us a full refund ONLY after they install the 3rd set of windows AND we allow the pass the county inspection to go pass the installation BUT Tim refuses to put that in writing for us... Here we sit with boarded up windows in our home. I have the ORIGINAL glass and gasket from the window that fell into our home - glass EVERYWHERE. They wanted to take it but I told them no.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We purchased NSW hurricane windows & doors about 3 1/2 years ago. The initial experience was very satisfactory. NSW was the only company who would have a contractor standing by during installation in order to demo and rebuild 2 walls (1) new windows far larger than windows they replaced and (2) NSW french doors replaced an existing window, so all work was accomplished at the same time.

Recently we found 2 of the large windows sprung air leaks noticeable by windows fogging up. Tho it took 3-4 months for NSW to have replacements ready, they were installed this morning by Gary and Rick, both very courteous and professional. The whole job took under 2 hours. Rick even took the time to adjust one of the NSW french door s as it had loosened at the jam and needed to be re-aligned. He also gave me a lesson in removing screens on our sliding windows so both glass sides can be cleaned. We highly recommend New South Windows.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know, Mr. Christy. We love to hear this and will pass on the feedback to our team. If there’s anything you need in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us. And again, thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

NewSouth Window Solutions is a great company and my experience with them was wonderful. I initially heard about them from a friend of mine and I ended up buying from them over other retailers because of their salesman. He was great and the quality of the windows I purchased is excellent.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your comments, Mr. Boling. Our team will really appreciate this feedback. Let us know if we can ever be of further service.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Almost 20K dollars for new windows in 2017. Installers broke a porcelain sink but we didn't notice it until later and no way to prove it. Also had to do a lot of painting and touch ups after their installation. About four months ago we had the lower part of a large kitchen window FALL OUT of the track and onto the back of a chair all by itself, thank goodness no one was sitting there.

Turns out that window was made too narrow, after checking there were more that were made incorrectly but installed anyway. We were supposed to have that window along with a few others that had the same problem manufactured and installed by Christmas. It is now the end of February. All I've been told is excuses and broken promises of callbacks. I called yesterday and was ASSURED I would receive a call back from a supervisor this morning... It's now 1:30... big surprise... Customer NO service at its best. I have been VERY patient. NSW has my money so they don't care how long it takes. I doubt Earl has this problem.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Mr. Wilson, We would like to apologize for any frustration you’ve experienced due to the delay in completing your service; it is the last thing we want for our customers. We understand that you've connected with our team and that your services have been completed. Again, we want to apologize. We at NewSouth strive to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and it sounds like we missed the mark. Please know that your feedback has been shared with upper management and will be used to improve our service training. We do hope you see our efforts to make good on our shortcomings and should you need additional services in the future, we will strive to do better. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I ordered hurricane windows for my condo last July. After over 20 weeks of waiting I finally had a date for installation. I had 6 large windows. The installers only showed up with 4 and the other 2 were brought later in the afternoon during the installation. The installers did a poor job and damaged the outside of the building. I had to pay $200 after the fact to have the building repaired on the exterior because they tore paint and concrete off.

After they left I came to realize that the two windows that were brought later that day were not hurricane windows and were regular glass. I called to complain and after two months of almost daily phone calls and threats they finally agreed to replace the glass with hurricane glass. The original installers had to know that the 2 windows were incorrect because hurricane windows are almost double in weight.

I feel that NewSouth Windows deliberately tried to pass cheap windows that are half the cost as hurricane windows and got caught. I wonder how many other people out there think that they have hurricane windows and do not. They look the same and even fooled the building inspector. The customer service of this company is by far the worst that I have ever dealt with. I can't believe that they are still in business. Not only did they try to cheat me but I had to pay a contractor $200 to make repairs after the fact for the horrible work that they did.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The red flag went up big time when I asked for a professional, computer generated quote and was told by Phil in the West Palm Beach office, "Sorry but we don't operate that way." What? Are you serious??? The sales rep gave a good presentation even though it was a bit long. Then he proceeded to scratch out all the info on a piece of paper, then showing me the final figure. No breakdown for the cost of each window and installation fees. Don't be fooled by their factory direct claim, "we own our own factory". NSW windows are about 40% higher than other companies. I've moved on and will select between two companies that are quoting the same product... and with professional quotes.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had several people come in and sit down on my kitchen table. The rep from NewSouth was a real nice guy, and he was very professional. About a week later, I called him and I explained what I wanted and that it looked like they got the best deal on stuff. I got 10 windows and we love them. They're about an inch thick at the other side and they're high quality. The guys that installed them did an excellent job and I highly recommend them. If I had my way, they'd be given a raise.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Mr. Robles. We appreciate your feedback!

NewSouth Window Solutions expert review by Joseph Truini

NewSouth Window Solutions is run by two former salesmen from Champion Window Manufacturing in Ohio. The company has four locations—Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, West Palm—and sells factory-direct replacement and new windows and doors throughout Florida.

• Offers energy-efficient windows: Those who are concerned about the environment can get the latest materials and technology, such as energy-efficient windows and smart home technology.

• Offers patio doors: Outdoor patios are very common in Florida, consumers can get doors that completely enclose and protect these structures from rain and wind.

• Factory-trained window installers: NewSouth installs all windows for owners and hires installers that have been factory trained using Florida Building Commission protocols.

• Weather-resistant products: Owners can purchase doors or windows that are highly resistant to damaging rain, wind or floods.

• Lifetime warranty: All products sold by NewSouth Window Solutions are backed by a warranty on both materials and installation. Easy financing and multiple-window discounts are available.

• Best for: NewSouth Window Solutions are best for people who live with storms and floods, including homeowners, condo owners, landlords, business owners and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information