2. Homeowners

4.3/5 (94 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About NewSouth Window Solutions

NewSouth is a window and door manufacturer that offers efficient, economical and durable upgrades to windows and patio doors. The company offers free in-home consultations, and all its windows are backed by a lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Customizable
  • High-quality vinyl
  • Free consultation and demonstration
  • Lifetime warranty

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Only in some locations
  • Factory in Florida only

Bottom Line

NewSouth makes, sells and installs energy-efficient windows and doors. While sold at a factory-direct price, the high quality and customization options means the products may be more expensive.

Top NewSouth Window Solutions Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I'd recommend NewSouth Window highly and I've always done that. I went with them because of their pricing and reviews online. I bought impact windows and doors and it's the best. ...

Verified

My experience with NewSouth Window Started with the sales person and ended with windows installers on time as scheduled. The product was delivered on time and the work was done pr...

About NewSouth Window Solutions

NewSouth manufactures high-quality vinyl replacement windows and operates primarily in Florida and the Southeast. It’s known for its high-efficiency insulated window replacements, which can cut down on heating and cooling costs. NewSouth’s windows aren’t just efficient, though — they’re also designed to fit the style of your home.

The company sends custom-made windows straight from its factory to your home and professionally installs them to ensure a long-lasting fit. You can choose from a variety of vinyl window replacements, including the environmentally friendly eVantage options. NewSouth also offers a lifetime warranty for all its windows.

If you’re interested in seeing these windows produced, you can visit a NewSouth factory in Florida. NewSouth also offers free in-home demos to measure and price windows before you commit.

NewSouth installation

NewSouth offers several window options that are customizable based on your needs and the style of your home. Some popular styles NewSouth can manufacture and install for you include:

• Picture windows
  • Two- and three-lite slider windows
  • Casement windows
  • Double-hung windows
  • Single-hung windows

NewSouth provides installation services by factory-trained professionals to ensure the windows are positioned correctly and fit your home’s measurements.

NewSouth prices

NewSouth windows come with a variety of color, size and grid options. Because each window is custom-made, prices can vary greatly. NewSouth does promise factory-direct prices on its website, where you can receive a free estimated quote.

NewSouth also offers a lifetime transferable warranty that covers windows and installation, but the price of the warranty depends on model, materials and customizations.

NewSouth Window Solutions FAQ

Where are NewSouth windows manufactured?
Its windows are manufactured in Tampa, Florida, and NewSouth has showrooms around Florida and the Southeast.
Who owns NewSouth?
PGT Innovations bought NewSouth in late 2019.
Where is NewSouth available?
NewSouth is available in Florida and some Southeast states.
How much does NewSouth’s installation cost?
Installation cost depends on a variety of factors, including window cut and size. You can receive a free quote from NewSouth on its website and set up a consultation with a representative for more information.

Is NewSouth worth it?

With its free consultations, in-home demos and factory prices, NewSouth makes the window replacement process much simpler. Although the company might be on the pricier side, it’s probably worth it if you’re looking for high-quality replacements specifically suited to your needs.

NewSouth Window Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

At the time when I first started with NewSouth, when the sales representative came out, the sale was supposed to be buy two and get one free. And the representative said, "Oh, no, that's not how it works." I was like, "Well, how else could it work? 'Cause when you say buy two, get one free, that's what it's supposed to be." I ended up talking with the manager. Talking with the person was good, but you trying to tell me that buy two, get one free doesn't mean what it says, then you shouldn't be using it in your commercial.

It had been so long before I had the windows installed that someone should have come back and reviewed the stuff. That little checkoff sheet on what you're supposed to do before they come and what they're going to do and what they can't do. We should have went back over that form. If you sign a form three or four months and it takes longer to get your windows, they should go back over and review that stuff with the homeowner so that they know what it would entail.

You could sign a paper even yourself or someone else can sign a paper three or four or five months back. You're not going to remember everything on that paper that you signed. All they told me was he would take down the blinds. I don't know why they didn't down the other stuff, but he said, "You got to also take down the brackets that hold the blinds." And then, I wasn't aware that you need to leave it blinds down 24 hours. I don't remember that being on the paperwork. It was a delay between the time that I signed the paper. When I agreed to get the blinds done, and then they had some delay process with getting the windows done because of COVID, so everything took a bit longer than it normally would.

Even though you went over that checklist with me, to have someone go back and say, "Okay, you may want to review that checklist before they come out because this is what you need to do." You sign something three or four months ahead of time, you're not going to remember all that stuff. You may remember bits and pieces of it, but you're not gonna remember everything that's on that checklist. You probably didn't even think about looking at the checklist.

When I scheduled my appointment for them to do the installation, they said, "Oh, we'll be there at..." it might have been 10:00 or 9:00. But they got there almost 12:00. I called them and they said, "Oh, they're on their way." I came to find out these people are in St. Augustine. How are you going to be in Jacksonville and at St. Augustine at the same time? I said, "All you gotta do is just tell me, 'Hey, they had to go back to St. Augustine and finish the job, and then they'll be there later.'" I sat there waiting on them for two hours or so before they got to my house, then they got there almost 12:00. They kept saying they were on their way. I called the first time and talked to one of the young ladies at the office, "They should be on their way. They have to go and do this and put the stuff on the truck and they should be on their way."

Another 30 minutes, 40 minutes, then an hour went by, I called them back up and they told me the same thing, "They're on their way." How would they be on their way if they were in St. Augustine when I finally found out they were in St. Augustine? You can't be in two places at one time. They pissed me. I even talked with the guy that they had as acting manager there. He said, "I'm gonna call you right back," but he didn't call. I had to end up calling them back. I asked, "Well, what's going on?" And he was just jerking me around. I would rather have him say, "Well, yes, they're coming, but they're not going to be there at 9:00 or 10:00." The drive just from St. Augustine to the area of Jacksonville is about 30 minutes.

The people that NewSouth got in the office, their customer service is lacking. It's not what it was when I first went there. I'm not the first person that they've done this to as far as this coming out to do the work. Other than that, the installation was great. The guy did a great job. I have six more windows and I'd like to have them do my windows. At first, I wasn't even going to go back with them, but because I got the product in the front and because this year, I was like, "This has left a bad taste in my mouth because I didn't want to even use them." But the product is a good product. I checked the windows and as far as the heat coming in, it was fine, and I don't feel any heat. They got the rays that block the sun from heat. It helped kept the heat from coming in the house.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate your comments and will be sure to let our team know about your experience. We apologize for the delay and any miscommunications but are happy to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products. We hope you see our efforts to make the situation right, when you are ready to replace your remaining 6 windows please contact us at (904) 717-5400 and our team will take care of you. Thank you for being a part of the NewSouth family!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

NewSouth Window Solutions was doing a house in the neighborhood. So, I went down and I talked to the neighbor and I looked at the house and the windows that they had done. I thought they were very impressive, I liked them, and the neighbor was very satisfied. So, we contacted them to have them come do a review and quote. The person who came was awesome. He was very thorough.

I've had wonderful interactions with NewSouth. They've done everything they said they would do and the product is as they represented it. We're just waiting on our final deal. We're still waiting on the final inspection and there are just a few little things to be tweaked. There were some covers for the drains on one of the big windows that were missing, and they noted it when the installers were here. When they come out to do their final, they'll bring those out. Then, I've got one window that doesn't quite slide right, but I'll have them look at it when they come out for their final inspection. We're not a fully finished deal yet. But so far, so good.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We had all our windows done by New South Windows and couldnt be happier. It took some time to research and find who we felt would do the best job for such a big expense. We decided on New South because the manufacture and warrantty their own product. No other company has what they have. If you're in the market definitely have someone come to your house to show you the options. Once you speak to them no one else compares. Our crew leader Kevin did an awesome job keeping everything clean fast and orderly. Jenna in the office was great with updates, and the drywall guy they subcontracted was amazing. On top of it after the final inspection which I will add the inspector said the job looked top notch he usually finds problems when inspecting windows from other companies. (Unsolicited) It made us feel like the investment in New South was definitely the right decision.

Their final cleaning crew Terry and Gary were wonderful too. Since the install in November we have noticed the temp in the house stays more stable. When it got cold a few times this winter we didnt have to put the heat on at all we only had a degree or 2 change inside compared to before we used to have to put the auto regulate the temp on in the house. Another benefit is the noise level from our neighbor late night partys, and hound dogs barking is reduced considerably. I'm so happy I wont have to put up shutters anymore and I'm looking forward to lower cooling bills from FPL this summer. Fingers crossed. :)

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your high-performance products. They are designed to deliver energy savings, hurricane protection, and sound elimination. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

NewSouth did major surgery on our condo here and we're very happy. They were not the cheapest but we felt more confident that they would do a good job and we were right. It's quite common for people to have these kinds of shutters on the inside. Everybody else told us, "You're going to have to call the people and they're going to have to all be taken out." When NewSouth came out to measure, I talked to a gentleman and he said, "You have to take out these insert things." He showed me how to take them out and he told me it would be okay. I spent a lot of money on that and if it wouldn't have gone well, I would have been upset. I was able to do that myself instead of spending thousands of dollars to have somebody come out and take out everything. They didn't have any trouble installing it.

I was upset because I couldn't get my shutters back in. While they were still here, I wanted to make sure I could get them in but I couldn't. I said, "This is probably 'cause the window's not square now or it's off a little bit." One of the installers came and he said, "No. This is right." He put the first one in. After the first one went in, I could get all the other ones. That was really nice that he took the time to put my one shutter in so I could get the rest of them in.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your comments. We will be sure to share your review with our team, they will really appreciate this great feedback. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I had seen NewSouth's advertisement several times but I never talked to anybody about them. My wife and I scheduled the appointment and the rep that represented NewSouth came in during that time. This was in April. The installers were excellent. They did the schedule according to me because I work during the week in defense contract, so I just could not take off. My wife's a teacher and could not take off as well during the week to accommodate them. So, it had to be on a Saturday.

NewSouth has not finished the project though. The reps had to repair some latches on the window themselves and there was an area in the bay window that needed to be finished. They put the sheetrock in and they were supposed to come back, sand it down and spackle it again. But the virtual inspection for the Clay County, Florida went up. All that went good but there were a few things that were left they hadn't attended to. They reached out to me one time but it has been three weeks since then. I've been too busy to call them myself because I still work. But other than that, the two gentlemen who came to install were excellent. I was well pleased. They did a good job and overall, I'm satisfied and my wife is, too.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your NewSouth products and that our team exceeded expectations during your installation. We do see from our records that our service team has reached out and scheduled your service for the latch issue you mentioned and that your permit has been closed with Clay County. Please keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty so should an issue arise NewSouth will be there to handle it. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our office at (904) 717-5400. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I got several bids and NewSouth Windows was the best one that was around. The crew came and they were in and out in no time. They got everything set up, cleaned up, and left. It was just that I tried to call the salesman several times and he never returned my calls. I also called the office to ask them if there were any additional discounts and they did not return my calls. As far as the service, it wasn't that hot. But as far as the windows, the quality was fine.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your NewSouth windows. Please know that we have shared your comments with our team and it will be used to further train our customer service team. We appreciate you being a part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

New South came in and did a great job installing quality windows and doors in our 1995 home. What a difference with noise reduction and rooms staying cool all day even on the West side of the house. The whole house was transformed.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words, and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your high-performance products. They are designed to deliver energy savings and sound elimination. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

After 23 years of living with builder installed windows and doors, we had NSWindows replace 14 windows, our triple sliding glass door, and a pool bath door. Wish we had done this sooner. Well built product. The installation crew works only for NSWindows and they were fantastic. Communication with the office staff was good throughout the project as well. When the City of Oviedo inspector came out to do the final and realized we used NSWindows, he said "Great Choice. I will still look at everything, but I already know they did a perfect job." Everyone should use NSWindows.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words, and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your high-performance windows and doors. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We had single pane windows installed in each room. The people who installed them were terrific. We kept extra water and Gatorade for them because it was so hot when they were working. But they were very friendly and courteous. They did the work really quickly. So far, the windows have proven really great. The house is a lot cooler than it ever was.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have used them on three separate occasions to replace the Windows in our home and my parents condo. Everyone was very professional. The team came to replace the Windows were fast and efficient. Left the areas clean.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you so much for your review! Our team will really appreciate this great feedback. Please let us know if we can ever be of further service.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information