toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a couple of other estimates and there were a couple of reasons why I went with NewSouth. Mainly is the fact that they were local and made in the U.S. Their installers work exclusively for them - they're not subbed out. And I have had a little experience being in the construction business with my husband for many years in South Florida with impact windows. I did complete windows and doors in my home, and NewSouth was top compared to the others. That's why I went with them.

The sales rep came out and went through the whole background of the company. I was very surprised and happy that they were finished way before we had originally talked about. The installation also went very well and they had a great crew there. The installers were very courteous, very friendly and cleaned up when they were done. They prepped everything and were very conscientious of their work. I was there the whole time and we actually gave them lunch one day. I like to take care of people that work for me because we were on the business for a long time and I know the amount of work. They put in long days and they drove over an hour and a half each way to get there. I've already expressed to the office how pleased I was with the performance; everything went very smoothly. I even mentioned it to the inspectors that came out.

There were a couple of windows that didn't close properly. The little latch was not working and they marked it. They came right out and promptly corrected the issue. The price was also a little more than the other places that I get quotes from, but the quality makes all the difference in how that reflects. Overall I'm very happy with the NewSouth Windows. I have already recommended them to many of my friends and we'll continue to do so.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a different company come out, talk about their windows, give us a price and so forth. But we liked the quality of NewSouth Window better. Their salesperson was really knowledgeable, very nice, and wasn't pushy at all. He didn't try to sway us but he knew that he had a good product so he presented it and the product sold itself. The installers were very nice, very courteous, cleaned up after themselves, and did a nice job. We got the replacement windows from them and we're very pleased with their quality. They look nice and we noticed a big difference in the cutting out the sound. Our electric bill for our air conditioner was less than it was a year ago even though this July was hotter than last year. We're very happy with the product and with how everything went.

I called New South Window of Orlando to ask for a quote over the phone. The guy didn't want to take my measurements unless it was 5 windows or more that needed replacement. After I said ok then let me have more or less what this one window would cost and just hung up. REALLY? is this how you treat potential customers over the phone. I might have needed 10 windows for all they knew but since I called and initially said I'm only looking for 1 window the guy wasn't interested in what else I had to say. If he would have said let me send someone out to see what we can do for you then that would have been fine. I might have replaced all 5 of my windows. But now I would never use them for anything. If you are from New South Window or anyone else feel free to contact me as this story is 100% real. It happened on Monday, November 28, 2016 at exactly 11:30am.

I would not recommend this company to anyone. We ordered our windows and sliding door on July 7th. I called in August and they promised delivery and installation in early September - never happened and I did not receive a call from them with an explanation! When I did call, they promised delivery in early October but that was delayed every week until October 20th. I called them that week and in a callback they said that the sliding door had not come in yet but was expected to be there in time. When the installation crew came out they said they never received the door. Now a month later they still have no idea when the door will be in - and they are supposedly the manufacturer!! Will be seeing a lawyer.

The business is not familiar with standards outside their product line. Example, I wanted a 2 panel door in an opening of 104 inches. I was told I couldn't do this due to code violation. So I went with 3 panel door. Only to find out, THEIR product wasn't coded for 104 inch space. But other companies did have doors that could fit and were up to code. 3 panel door that was put in was defective. By then, NewSouth figured out, a 2 panel door could be put in the space and they were working on a new 2 panel door to add to their product line and waiting for approval.

To be fair, since they were going to replace the defective 3 panel with 2 panel they were testing, I said they could leave defective door as is to help minimize their cost. The panels did not measure correctly which meant the doors were not sealing when shut. It took nearly a year later to get the door replaced all while lots of energy left my home due to the defective door. Original estimate was 2 months. They never got approval for their door, so they purchased from another vendor and installed. Owner told me he would compensate me for the energy loss due to how long it took. Never got that compensation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Everything was great from the time they came to the house to show their windows and do their selling pitch. Only issue with the sales pitch is they try and make you feel like it is a special that you can only get if you sign then and there. The quality of their product is amazing. The install couldn't have gone any better. The 2 installers were very clean and worked around our schedule and were very accommodating. The City inspector even complimented them on their work. Shortly after the install I thought there was an issue with one of the windows, it turned out to be operator error, but they came out immediately to look into the problem and showed me how to resolve it. If I ever have to have windows or sliding glass doors I would definitely use them again.

A grey colored seal was used on white vinyl windows between the double glass panes and it looks very uneven. In some areas of the window some of the seal appears to be missing. Also, an excessive amount of white caulking was applied around the picture window on the exterior of the house and it too was applied very unevenly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought windows from a very good NewSouth Window Solutions sales guy and he was very efficient, polite, and answered all the questions. I'm also planning to have sliders done next year. The installation team was excellent and they were very, very efficient. They said what they were going to do. One of the NewSouth co-owners came by to drop off a window and I spoke to him for about a half hour. Then they cleaned up very, very efficiently and made sure that everything was done correctly before they left. They said they were gonna get here at 9:00 but they arrived at about 10 yet they didn’t leave till about 8:00 at night until the job was completely done and we were satisfied. They're a great company. My neighbors recommended them to me and I would also recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched for companies that did window replacements because I have an old home where I replaced windows. NewSouth Window Solutions came to the house, explained the differences between their windows and others and I was impressed. Then, the sales team person did a great job in the presentation again. They also manufacture the windows here in Florida. I bought 27 pieces of their mid-line model which are great so far. The installers were very helpful, careful and respectful of my property and house. There was one issue with one of the windows wherein they said they were gonna get it done and they did, on time. The salesman and the installers represented NewSouth Window Solutions well and the product is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of research with several other window companies, and the gentleman from NewSouth came and brought his demonstration. He showed us a lot of other features that the other windows were not as well made, and it was awesome. The people that put the windows in were very courteous and polite, cleaned up, answered questions, and did a fantastic job. The items have been good, so far, and they clean real easy. The problems I had was that we opted to go 8 to 12 weeks out because there was a discount if we had done that, and we also ordered a door that had the wrong glass in it, and no one bothered to call me to tell me that it was going to be delayed another two weeks. I got impatient that there was a communication breakdown. But other than that, I was completely satisfied and would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an excellent experience with NewSouth when I got windows from them. They're very easy to deal with and I was impressed with everything that they presented. I was particularly impressed with the installers. They weren't farmed out; they were the company's installers. They did a great job. I recommended NewSouth to my neighbor and she also engaged them to put windows at her apartment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had looked at other places and the prices of NewSouth Window Solutions weren't that much different for the quality of their items. I called them and they came out and gave me an estimate. Everybody from NewSouth was excellent. I got all new windows and I love their quality. And I get a lot of compliments on them. A lot of the neighbors and people stop and they noticed that the windows are new. That's a good thing. It was an expensive but good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From the time we placed the order till the installation time, it took longer than I thought it would have. NewSouth always blamed it on how they were just busy, and it's okay. We’re willing to wait to get the quality of the ones that we want and it’s worth it. They did a good installation although they had to come back. The first installer missed a few things on the first installation. They didn’t put some of the caps in and there were some other little plastic pieces that go at the top of the ones that should have been installed that were not installed but we kept. This was a 3-year period. They didn’t put the final coat of wax and didn’t buff the trunk well enough. These were the things that the second installer picked up that the first installer should have done properly.

The last installer who serviced the window in the kitchen and a couple upstairs did an excellent job. He noticed other things and made the corrections on his own for me, which was good. So it’s just a matter of how well trained or how thorough the installers are. The quality of the product is good.

I contracted with NewSouth Window in July 2015. To make a long story short, working with this company was the worst experience I have ever had with a contractor. They sent the wrong windows, damaged my outside sills, caused some inside damage, and took until February 2016 before the installation was complete. I only had windows done in three rooms!

I cannot tell you how many different subcontractors they sent from start to finish. It took 3 visits from the Pinellas County inspector before things passed completely. The installation was so poor that they had to replace one window in its entirety. It took three different teams to fix one large window. The original installation of my Living Room window was so poor, I could have done it myself with better results. I couldn't even close the side windows because the job was butchered. Because of all the time and trouble they caused me, I withheld $600 from my final payment. I ultimately was forced to pay this because I was selling my house and they had not submitted a release. Do yourself a favor and go to any other company for your windows. Anyone else has to be better than this.

After spending some time doing my research on window replacement, Window salespeople make many claims about energy savings. How true are these claims? Good quality windows, installed properly, can yield substantial energy savings. How much you save depends on the type of window you choose and the type and condition of the windows you are replacing.

With New South, I believe I choose the right company. Your sales rep, Martin **, sold me on the window frame is the key to the long-term structural integrity of the window as well. I recommend comparing windows, check for the NFRC label and look for the U-factor. This will weed out garbage to best product. I would suggest that all future customer call in your competitors and examine your product before making a discussion on their window replacement. Or save time by just calling in New South windows as your first choice and only choice. I am an engineer by trade, and surely can spot garbage, and quality. New South windows has the best product for Florida homes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A salesman from NewSouth Window Solutions came over knocking on our door, and then after that, he took me to his manufacturer in Tampa. I saw the window, I liked it and I installed it in my house. I also introduced it to my church who also liked it, and then we installed nine of these windows in our church as well. I shopped around, but the only place I went to was NewSouth. They are locally here, and that’s what interested me. If anything goes wrong, I could just go over there and pick some parts or what I might need to replace. They can also come over and replace it. It's pretty convenient, so we chose them.

The company is excellent. The construction of the window is great, and so far, we’ve been satisfied with everything that we purchased. In the church, we started with some bathroom type of glass. They made a mistake and sent us all clear, and they replaced it within a week. It's pretty good service, and the church folks also say that they are doing a great job on it. The only thing is that for the church side, there is no project management taking care of the building or the picking up of the checks. There’s no continuity in the project management. They just come and go. Luckily, we have people in the church from time to time, however, we need to inform each other about when they’re coming. On picking up checks, we don’t have this treasury here, so if they could send us an invoice or give us a call and coordinate with us, then it won't be confusing on the church side.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had five different companies come in and give me estimates. NewSouth was in the middle of the cost. Plus, they were locally built and maintained and they could get the job done sooner and quicker. We got the windows and will do the sliding glass doors with them, too. Their salesman came out and explained how it was going to work and he was right on the nose. He came back a few nights later when my wife was available and talked to her and my stepson and gave them the whole spiel. They loved him. Everything he said that was going to happen happened.

The installation guys came in and did the job in one day. When they called me prior, they thought it will take 2-3 days to finish. They came out and put each window where it was supposed to go then they started taking out the old ones. They accidentally broke one of the windows and they took care of it. They cleaned up after themselves. I couldn't even tell they'd been here. It was very nicely done. I've already recommended NewSouth to a couple of friends and my family. They were fantastic and did the job perfectly like they were following a script. We couldn't have been happier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything NewSouth Window told me was true. It made a difference in my electric bill and I also could tell that we are not getting air. With the old windows, there was water sometimes and more humidity in the room. We have a lake right behind us so we carry high humidity and we’re on the ground floor. We just had some major storms and I have not had to use my dehumidifier as much so it’s definitely made a difference and I wish I had done it long ago but it wasn’t feasible. I was very pleased and I couldn’t believe it. I know many of the other residents in the condo community have replaced their windows. I have extra cards and I’m promoting NewSouth if anybody wants new windows.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked what NewSouth Windows offered and I wanted to test the quality of the material, and they said they would come out and bring samples and we could go over what would be appropriate for this house. The sales team was great. They went through everything, and they were very understandable and knowledgeable about their products. When they came to have the demonstration, it was very well-presented, and that is what won me over to go with NewSouth. I was very satisfied and I gave them the contract. I had them put in all the windows and also sliding doors in the house, and the quality is excellent. I can tell it already from my electric bill.

The installation team was excellent, and if I ever have a problem or if I ever buy another house and decide to go with NewSouth again, I’d definitely want that crew. There’s one thing I’m having them check on Wednesday. One of the windows is bumping on something when I close it, so one of their installers is coming out to look at that. Other than that, the installation was fine and everything was great. I couldn’t ask for a smoother operation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything with NewSouth was great. People were great to work with. They were on time and they did what they said they were gonna do. I like the quality of my windows and so far I'm not having problems with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have seen NewSouth Window's ad in the newspaper then I saw them over by my neighbor. I watched them, asked some questions, and my neighbors were pleased with their work. I got patio doors from them and had no problems with their installation team when they put the doors in. I’m very pleased with the quality. So if somebody asked me for an advice and they want new windows or sliding doors, I will recommend NewSouth Windows.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had four bids on the job that needed to be done. We had the salesman from NewSouth coming out and we found out that they owned Champion Window in my former hometown. I’ve toured the facilities of Champion so I knew they build a great window. They’re the best of what you can buy, that’s why I went with NewSouth. We had three windows and a slider done and the installation was outstanding. The installers have 15 years experience so I knew it was going to be done right. They were here for the best part of the day, got the windows installed and things went smoothly. It’s not easy work but they did a nice job. As far as the salesperson goes, I had an issue with him. I talked with NewSouth directly and got that situation straightened out also.

There was a little bit of sticker shock at the cost of three windows and a slider being what they were. But I got to think about the fact of what they’re going to do to make these. Not many people in the country will even go to the lengths to make these stores because they’re extremely heavy and hard to produce. It would be done right if these guys were involved in it and they are different in HP Protection and the quietness of the doors and windows.

I thought it would be professionally done and that it would be a good product and it’s exactly what I’ve gotten. I’m very pleased with the transaction. It’s a whole bunch of money but I talked to all my neighbors around here and about 40% of them have had their windows redone by various companies around us. I would recommend NewSouth to other buyers.

Once I made the decision to purchase the windows I was given an approximate time frame that they would be delivered and they arrived right on time. While waiting for the windows to be delivered I was updated with the progress of the windows. I was kept informed as to when people were to arrive along with their names and everyone was there on time. When the day came for the installation the men arrived early in the morning and stayed until all was completed. It took just one day. They also were very professional and displayed such great teamwork working through the day without taking a break. They did a fantastic job!

I love the windows. What an improvement from my old ones. These windows are such high quality, they are wonderful. I am very satisfied and could not be happier. After the windows were installed I was contacted again to make sure everything went well. I am so impressed with this company. The people are great, they stay in touch and keep you informed as no other company has. The service is exceptional. What a great group!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very satisfied with the items we've purchased from NewSouth Window Solutions. We did the patio doors which was an eight by eight-foot door and the best windows they had. Their windows are manufactured locally. It's a direct factory deal with no middleman. If there's any problem, I get their lifetime warranty on the glass and the screens.

My wife thinks the marketing guy was excellent from start to end. When he did the presentation, it's like what he showed us. The windows just sold itself. It was expensive but we couldn’t say no. Then we had the office staff who was very helpful. I didn’t have to do any legwork and they even helped me to get the rebate.They were so good. Their installation team was the best. When they came in, they covered the bedroom furniture, the bed, the dressers with plastic, put down quilts on the carpet so they weren't walking on anything and vacuumed up everything. I've never seen anybody install like they did. One would think they were cleaning the house actually. If my wife had an American accent, she would have been able to do an ad for them, but people wouldn’t understand her when she speaks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Right now, my whole unit is equipped with NewSouth Window products. I had a two-phase situation with them. On the first part, I had them equip all my townhome unit with 12 impact windows. They did a mistake, but were prompt in fixing it. For the second part, I had sliding doors installed because I closed off my lanai. And again, they gave me a good product. It was a little longer this time because one of the measurements came out a bit wrong, so we had another day and they were prompt to fix and install the sliding doors. NewSouth Window is one of the best - they do a great job, they backed their products up, tried to keep their appointment, and gave me good service. When they did make a mistake, they were prompt in correcting it and we agreed on things so I’m very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew that NewSouth was reputable and I had some neighbors that had their windows installed by NewSouth. I purchased their standard mode windows and had a good experience dealing with their sales team. We worked out a price that I was comfortable with. The installers were excellent, explained everything that was going on and did a great job. Everything that I was promised by NewSouth was executed. They did half of my house and another local company called FAS did the other. And NewSouth's sales and installation process was much smoother than the FAS experience. However, I like the FAS windows a little bit better because of the design.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We shopped around and hoped that NewSouth was the superior product. We got a front door from them and we're very pleased with the quality. The installation team was very professional and the service was excellent. It was an outstanding experience in every way. We would highly recommend NewSouth Window.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

NewSouth's windows are nice but expensive. I should have probably looked around a little more, but they have good quality and I like the idea that they didn’t just slide on plastic to plastic. They have wheels under them and a stainless steel track, which impressed me. My wife’s forever opening windows and will wear them out. I'm satisfied with the windows and they did a nice job of installing them. Unfortunately, they broke my window sill, but they replaced it. I complained that they only put two windows in even though I bought three. They didn't have the other one so they had to come back. I was upset about that because I had to stay home and wait for them to come back, but it was quick.

Then I was surprised and amazed that someone, who said he was the CEO of the company, called me. He asked me a couple of questions and we had a little conversation on the phone. Overall, it was a good experience and I'm satisfied. I've got more windows to get in here and I'll be calling them again to come and give me a price on the rest of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

NewSouth Window was the first company that we talked with, and we liked their windows very much. Our experience was very good. They were prompt and right out here when they told us they would be. The mess that was made was all cleaned up. They did a very good job. The only time I was really disappointed was when I recommended them to a fellow behind us. The sales team came out and they were pushing the impact windows, which were expensive. We're in a mobile home and didn’t necessarily need the impact windows. The price was unreal, and they were disappointed. I would not recommend NewSouth again because of what happened.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales guy sat with us and gave us different ideas that we could go with. He showed us the example of what they do with the heat on TV and he was very knowledgeable about what he was doing, he was very helpful and was not pushy or pressuring us. I'm very happy with NewSouth Window. They have wonderful people and we really like the product.

We’ve had a lot of compliments on the items that we've purchased. They seemed to be doing what they are supposed to be doing and I noticed the air conditioning isn’t kicking on and off as much as it was. I really do think they’re very nice and the installers were very professional. When we asked questions, they stopped and answer. They didn’t hurry. They did what they were supposed to do. And when the inspector came out, he noticed that one of the screens were ripped about and asked whether it came out like that from the factory or it was installed that way. When I called to have someone come out, since I'm warrantied for life, they came out and fixed it. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable so I had no complaints.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Profile