4.02/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

NewSouth Window Solutions offers efficient, economical and durable ways to upgrade your windows and patio doors. All of our windows are backed with a lifetime warranty to ensure your home is always fitted with the best products to save you money.

It's our mission to provide cutting edge technology, energy conservation, outstanding quality as well as unwavering customer service. We look forward to your call to set up a free in home consultation or factory showroom visit.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

245 NewSouth Window Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

We had 14 windows replaced with 12 by NewSouth Window Solutions. The windows were manufactured local I preferred them. Their sales rep, John, was very good. He was not pushy but persuasive enough and described their product fairly well. I was very happy with John. But their inspections twice. Their service department and installation crew doesn't seem to communicate to each other. So I’ve had multiple people come out, one from service and one from installation, to try to fix problems when service didn't know that the installation people are coming out. It just seems ridiculous how they don’t talk.

When first time it failed, service sent somebody out to fix it. So they sent out Benjamin. He fixed what was noted on the failure but he didn’t give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. The windows wouldn’t open and when he first looked at it he said, “Well, it’s just a little stiff.” Then he came along and said, “Maybe I’ll just adjust this lock set on there.” And that helped it out. But he said, “The salesman should have not just one type of thing to demonstrate because not all the windows open as easier." But some of the other windows open as smooth as can be. So, if some of them open smoothly and they’ve never been used before, then all the windows would open smoothly. I think that’s a bullshit answer on your service guy.

Then after it failed the second time, I got a phone call from somebody that said they’d come out that day and we were not out there. We have two places so I told them, “Okay. We’ll be out then on Tuesday.” So come Monday, all of a sudden, I had to take my wife to the doctors so I called up NewSouth and got over to Cody, which I guess is in charge of service department. He didn’t know anything about somebody coming out on Tuesday but he said he had no appointments for Tuesday. But they did have somebody come out the following Tuesday so I said, “That’s fine.”

We got back from the doctors and within about a half-hour being back from the doctors, somebody called me. Not the one I set up with Cody for the following Tuesday but the one originally set up. It was three people from the installation team that came out to “fix the problem with the failure.” And then the following Tuesday again, somebody else came out from service. If you look on the internet, service is one of the issues highlighted by just about everybody that have bought their windows like with the sudden delays. They still have one window to replace for me too that was scratched on when it was installed. They supposedly have it on order. That was even another thing. When I talked to Cody, the service manager, his guy Benjamin said it was too deep to buff out. So it was gonna have to be replaced and he looked at it twice.

And yet Cody, who said he’d talk to Benjamin, his own guy, said he was gonna send someone out to buff it. I said, “Cody said twice it can’t be buffed out.” And then after he looked in the records and measured the window for me, he said, “We have a window on order.” So they are not really well organized and they don’t talk. I’m going to see if they fail the third time.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2018

Roughly two weeks after hurricane Irma my wife and I stopped at NewSouth Windows showroom and made an appointment for their salesman to come to our home to give us an estimate for impact-resistant windows. We needed to upgrade the 28-year-old windows in our older, recently purchased home. He was prompt, gave his sales pitch, we felt the windows excellent quality, and made the deal. Their measurement team came by within the next week. We were given a time frame of about 6 weeks for them to manufacture and install the windows. About two weeks later they called to modify our order since Charlotte County Building Dept. would not provide a building permit based upon the windows ordered for our master bedroom. We accepted the modification, calling for casement instead of the single hung windows initially ordered, and signed/returned the addendum to our contract. Everything went fine, so far.

About 8 weeks later I called their office regarding installation and left a message. It was returned several days later, and we were given an installation date the following week. Their 2 man crew arrived early that day and explained it would probably take 2 days to complete the job. So far, so good. By late morning we became aware of problems, not with the installation crew, but with the windows they were given by the warehouse to install in our home. Of the 11 windows we ordered with a $5,000 deposit, 5 were correct and 6 were incorrect, were the wrong type of windows.

To complicate matters, we only realized this after two of the "wrong" windows were installed in our master bedroom. These were the single hung windows, instead of the casement windows required by the county and specified on the building permit. We stopped the crew before they removed and installed the other four incorrect windows. We had four correct windows and two incorrect windows installed out the 11 we ordered. The crew left with our second payment and told us we should expect to have the errors corrected and proper windows installed by the first of the year, 2018.

Without going into more specific details, in order to have this job completed it was necessary for me to return to the showroom, meet with the manager, follow that meeting with repeated phone calls, and emails, before the job was eventually completed, and the inspected and approved by Charlotte County Building Dept. by the end of March 2018. Had I not done this I am certain we would still be waiting for our windows. With this kind of customer service I wonder how they are still in business. They most certainly will never get a referral from me, instead I will tell any and everyone I meet to steer clear of NewSouth Window Solutions unless they want nothing but headaches and poor customer service!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Dear Gary, We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced during your time with NewSouth Window. It is the last thing we want for our customers. We want to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and will look into what element of our process broke down so we can better assist all of our NewSouth customers. We are glad to hear that we got you in touch with management and the issues stated have been resolved. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: April 10, 2018

The first person from NewSouth Window Solutions that came through and gave us the estimate appeared to know what he was doing. But I did not like that in their ads, they’ll say, “You buy two and you get one free.” I cannot figure out where that happened and then they play with the numbers at the bottom so you don’t know what’s happening. You just assume maybe they held up what they said. They juggle the numbers around to make it look like they’re taking off $3,000 and they’ll point and say, “There’s one. There’s two. That one’s three.” But they don’t do that when it says you buy two and get one free. Also, the sales rep did not communicate anything. He just did his little arithmetic, played with his numbers, and then said, “This is your bill.” And we did not get doors.

The installation team was good and knew what they were doing. They had everything out on the same day. There was so much banging and counting. We just said, “Thank God they’re through and they’re gone.” But I’m a little disappointed. The windows appeared to be fine. I thought they were gonna be darker than they are and that I could not see in at night and I would not have to have curtains. But I found out that’s not happening and that’s not true. I have some issues I need to call them and have them come back and fix. Despite this, we liked it better than the other company we looked at.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Hi Celia, we would like to apologize for the events you described, and thank you for the information. We’d like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn’t mind giving us a call at (813) 616-6000 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions you may have.

Original review: April 8, 2018

NewSouth is local from our area and they do a good bit of advertising. They’re made locally and they make a good window for this type of climate. The salesperson that came was from the town we just moved from and it was very nice with him. He sort of had a great follow-through the whole way to make sure that we had the best price and if there were any specials. We ordered the hurricane windows which is important to us and we also had a low-E. And we had a very fair price.

The installation crew was great. It’s an older house and nothing is square, so we think that some of the installs were difficult for them but they did a great job. They were in and out in the day. We thought it would even take a little bit longer than that. And they were pretty clean. Then, they had a follow-up guy after the inspection and he did the rest of the work. He noticed while he was here that one of the windows didn't have the right size. It doesn’t lay correctly in the frame, so he ordered a new frame for us and we’re waiting for them to come out and finish that. We were happy with the work and we were happy with the time frame.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've been through other window retailers that I didn't like. When I came to NewSouth Window, I called and they told me that the guy, John was at my house. John came to my house but there was a mix-up. He left, then all of a sudden, I got a call from him and he said that he was sorry. He also asked if he could come back right then. I was thinking "who does that?" as it was 5 o'clock on a Saturday. So, he came and stayed three hours with me. Unbelievable. That guy was terrific. Based on John and the presentation, I went with NewSouth Windows.

The windows I got look wonderful. Everything went like a charm. NewSouth's contractor also put the windows in. They were supposed to take the whole day but their contractor did it in three hours. He was phenomenal since he knew how to manage a team. Every one of those people he brought with him reported to him initially. He gave them what they were supposed to do, they checked back, then he evaluated what they were doing. I was very impressed. NewSouth will cost a bit of money but when people cheap, they buy twice. Overall, I think NewSouth is excellent. It looks like they did a great job all around.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

We appreciate the kind words, and will make sure to share your feedback with our team. So glad to hear you are enjoying your high performance products. We are #NewSouthProud of our company and the products we make. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewSouth Window Solutions?

Original review: March 25, 2018

The sales guy explained everything and the installers came when they were supposed to and they cleaned up their mess. We're very happy with the quality and we had an excellent experience with NewSouth.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Sue. So glad to hear you are enjoying your high performance, NewSouth Window products!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2018

The windows are great. The installation of the great windows is a total nightmare. I was told this was a "small job and could easily be completed in no more than a day and a half. First installer messed up installation of 3 windows before stating "All vinyl siding houses should be burned to the ground". I asked him to leave before he messed up any more windows, called a supervisor who came out the next day to inspect the mess, and rescheduled a new installation crew ("a crew of 4") for another day. 2 guys showed up a couple days later and said they knew nothing of a "crew of 4". I called the supervisor who stated these 2 guys could easily finish the job today. At 5:00 with 3 windows still uninstalled, the crew of 2 left. So another vacation day would have to be used to oversee this 1 1/2 day installation. 3 guys came back a few days later to finish the job.

In the meantime, the ceramic tile around my kitchen window could not be re-installed by the New South crew, as I was promised, so I had to arrange for my own tile man to come out and install the tile, luckily on the weekend so a vacation day from work was not used, but a Saturday morning was spent watching tile get installed. Next step was the County inspection - FAILED due to scrimping on the required number of screws to hold these hurricane rated windows to my window frames. Another vacation day burned up to have New South come out and install some more screws in my windows. Then another day for the inspector to return and check for screws. Second time passed inspection. Then schedule New South to come out and clean the windows (joke of all time), and install the strips to cover all the screw holes. The kitchen window (where the tile was a problem) was supposed to have white "plugs" to cover the holes.

Well, the guy who covers the holes for a living did not have any plugs the right size (he said the installer drilled the holes too big) so he squeezed some caulk into the holes and called it a day. After he left I cleaned all the windows from where all the paper tags were removed (they had to remain on the windows until after inspection). Now I am still waiting for pictures of my 10 windows showing that New South properly sealed around the windows to prevent future water damage to the wood sheathing and framing around the windows. Why do I want pictures? I had a licensed general contractor come out and pull back the vinyl siding from one random window to check the tar tape they use to seal around the window, underneath the siding. Surprise! The tar tape was not properly installed.

I sent a photo of the incorrect sealing job to New South and they agreed to send another installer out to properly apply the tar tape and seal the window. When I asked the next logical question, "How do I know the other 9 windows are properly sealed with tar tape?", I'm told the installers normally take pictures to document proper installation and sealing of the windows. So I asked for the photos - no response. I filed a complaint with the BBB and hope it will result in either photos showing a proper job, or another visit from New South to prove to me that my windows are sealed properly. Obviously, New South Windows in Tampa is at the bottom of my reference list forever!

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Dear Earl, We apologize for any aggravation you have experienced. It is the last thing we want for our customers. We at NewSouth Window want to ensure that you receive the highest level of support and will look into what element of our process broke down. Our management will give you a call to further understand and give assistance. Thank you.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I did my due diligence and researched ever since we had hurricane Matthew because I'm disabled and a senior citizen. And so I had had six other companies out here over more than a year and I didn't care for any of them. I called Better Business with the hundreds of reviews and looked NewSouth up on Google. NewSouth came out and they were very upfront and honest with me. Plus their product looked better. I was really impressed. Every time they came out and talked to me they stayed true to their word. They could not replace my bay windows with bay windows because the new code says you have to build your foundation to the window. And that's a lot of money and I wasn't doing that. So I had them remove the bay and put in two big picture windows.

They replaced virtually all of the windows in my home except for two small ones. And they replaced my French doors with new French doors. And everything is hurricane windows except for a half-window door I have in the back that leads to my pool area and my front door and two small windows. The sales team said that my monthly payments would be based off the remaining balance and they're not. I expected them to be lower every single month because they would be based to a percentage of the balance. And instead they're an equal payment every single month. So it's a high payment every month, not a graduated lower payment every month. But other than that he was very good. He knew those windows inside and out. Then he gave me all the information.

And they did an excellent job putting them in. Everyone knew what they were doing. The team communicated very well. The whole team was polite, friendly, professional. And any little thing, problem that I had, they came and took care of. They did send a gentleman out named Skip who was supposed to adjust the screens from the bay windows but those windows are worse than when he found them. So they said I'm to call them tomorrow after 2 o'clock and they were supposed to give me some kind of date when they will return. But they put these in January 31st and February 2nd. And we've had long conversations on the phone that it'd be nice if they could come and fix those two screens because we are heading into the middle of the second week of March.

The other problem that I did have was with my doors and they made arrangements and they fixed those right away. The biggest problem I have, and it was a courtesy thing, was when they took out those bay windows and they didn't have to. I have the wood underneath that Polyurethane soffit and I don't know why but they cut my wood soffit out so I could see right into the 90 pitch of my attic.

So they did go and buy wood and cut it the right dimension and they did put it in. They screwed it into place but then they did not caulk it. They put that blue paint tape up and it's been like that since sometime in February. And every time I've called them and said they were going to fix it they didn't send men out to look at it. And they say the soffit material is on order and it will be painted and it will be coming into their destination in West Palm on Thursday. They'll paint it there and then they'll send a crew out to fix it. And I've heard that three or four times now. They have not been out.

And when I did say, "Hey, you guys have promised that three weeks in a row," a gentleman named Marcus said, "Hey, there's nothing in the contract says that we have to do that. That's a courtesy to you." And I said, "I fully understand it's a courtesy." And at this point, it really is because I signed up on that work and the reason I signed up is that they had been here, basically, all week and my cousin, at 54, had passed away. They were supposed to be done on Thursday. I was making food for the funeral or for the wake and that was on Saturday and they were working on my kitchen windows. I was supposed to have all day Friday to cook what I needed to cook and instead, I couldn't get into my kitchen to cook. I had plaster dust everywhere on Friday and they were here until dark.

So it was after that I had to clean my kitchen and then start cooking all Saturday morning and my nerves were shot and this very nice, young gentleman that they had working for him came rushing in, "Can you sign this? Can you sign this?" And I said, "What is this?" And he said, "It's to show we're done working for the week and we completed the work." And so I turned around and I signed it and I'd said, "Work is basically done except for the soffit." And off he went.

I wasn't supposed to sign that until 30 days after they were done. And so I signed away all my rights. And I don't think that was right but I did sign it. So, now I have to be very nice and go with them or I'm going to have bare wood exposed. I'm doing whatever I can for them to finish that soffit. I didn't even give myself 30 days to review the finished project and then, this Marcus sends me a letter through email that says, we have met Saint Lucy's standards and inspection and we have passed. So now I don't know what to do.

And even Marcus has been friendly and very professional the whole way until the issue. I paid $20,000 for these windows. And that came out of my retirement fund because I'd rather be independent. It's much easier for me to make payments on these. I recommend the company. As a matter of fact, I gave their name out to four different people who came by.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was searching about window companies and NewSouth came up. I noticed that the quality of the product was different than what I had seen, even though prices were the same with someone else who gave me a quote. So I wanted the high-end one. The salesperson was very direct, detailed and honest about everything. The installation team was very good and detailed too. They worked as a team, kept it clean and kept us posted about everything that was going on. We were very pleased with that. And I gave them big tips.

The products meet our expectations, except, I'm still waiting for the screens for the sliding doors. And also, final inspection is not done. It's been almost two weeks. I had to call them yesterday to see what's going on and they're supposed to call me today for inspection appointment tomorrow. I haven't heard from them yet. So we cannot leave our sliding doors open because there are no screens. And that was a little disappointing. They said, "Oh, must be in the warehouse, it's supposed to come this week, they deliver every two weeks." It's been on for four months now since we signed the contract. I was surprised about that. That's the company and that has nothing to do with the installation people. But other than that, the window seems to be excellent and of high quality. We are very pleased with that. With NewSouth, you're getting your money's worth, and you're dealing with professionals. Even the office people are very pleasant and responsive.

Original review: March 17, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions were super and we love them. The windows were great and they did a great job. We got high impact windows from them and it's very quiet. The sales guy I spoke with was fabulous. He answered all of our questions and that's why we went with it. They're a little higher than some other places. He didn't have to get back with us like the other companies. He's knowledgeable. Their quality is excellent.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Nancy, Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth products. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: March 16, 2018

We had bad windows. NewSouth Window Solutions was a referral and we had four windows replaced. The guy that came to install the windows was friendly. The windows are working well and lived up to expectations. Everything that NewSouth did was great. The only problem is that they told me they are sending an inspector for the house on Friday, but he came Monday or the next day, when nobody was here to let him in. The work is done and it needs inspection.

Original review: March 13, 2018

NewSouth's Better Business Bureau reviews led me to choose them over others. Joe from the sales team was good. I was in the energy conservation field and knew mostly what he was talking about, and what was nice was I knew that what he was talking about was factual, and he wasn't giving hot air. I purchased high impact windows and they had excellent quality. Everything went really well with the installation team, too. They did a really good job.

I would, however, tell friends considering to use NewSouth to make sure before they leave, everything gets done. After they leave and get your check, they're probably not going to call you back. After the windows were installed, I could call and get somebody but the person I needed to talk to never calls me back. They left one of the blinds down. I called and asked them about it, but they said, "We have to leave it down because the caulk isn't dry yet." I said, "This is going to be hard to get back up." The guy really didn't say anything, so I called the next day. I said, "Is somebody going to come and put this up?" and nobody ever called me back. I called twice and never ended up with a response.

The other thing is that I needed to get the square-footage on each of the windows to get an incentive rebate from the power company. Again, I called a couple of times and nobody ever called me back, too. Finally about two weeks later, I called a third time and they called me back and said, "All you had to do is multiply this and multiply that." I said, "Never mind" and decided I'd do it myself.

Resolution response: March 29, 2018

Finally, on Tuesday, March 27, 2018, a NewSouth Window Solution technician showed up and replaced the cracked window. Although the replacing process resulted in a dent and a scratch on the window's frame, I still appreciate the company's living up to their warranty and replacing the difective window. I understand that some delay occurred because of the company's relocation to a new facility in Tampa. Now, I am totally satisfied and starting to enjoy my NewSouth Windows!

Original review: March 12, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions is not responding to my request to change a cracked glass in window they installed (cracked during installation)! I contracted NewSouth Window Solutions to install 6 windows and one sliding door in my Seminole, Florida home. The job was completed in the middle of January 2018. The total cost was about $13,000. One window glass came cracked and was discovered by the company's final inspection staff who came to check on the quality of the installation and remove the stickers from the glass. He promised the company would replace the cracked glass within 4 weeks.

Nobody called or contacted me despite my calling their office in Tampa several times asking them to honor their warranty and replace the cracked glass. They keep giving me the run-around answer, "somebody will contact you as soon as possible" and I have been doing this since February 2nd! Now, I am getting ready to travel back North for the summer at the end of the month of March and if they do not fix the glass before then, it may crack open and expose the house to the element of weather or even break-ins during the summer while I am away.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I just bought some double-pane windows from NewSouth to replace the old single-pane windows that we had. The sales team member was very informative, knowledgeable and very pleasant. But we had some problems during the installation. When the county inspector came out two of the windows failed because they didn't have enough fasteners in the windows. They didn't follow the county specs like they were supposed to. There was some slight cosmetic that they were responsible for but I kind of overlooked that. And right now I'm trying to get the inspector and the company together to come back out and finish the inspection and correct the deficiency.

I had to call them a second time to find out what was going on. I got told that a service person was going to call me right after a meeting he was having that day and he didn't call me so I called a third time. I finally talked to the service person and referred me to the person who does the inspections. And they're supposed to get a service tech out with the county inspector to go ahead and mitigate the deficiencies. The windows look good and are also functioning good. I'm definitely feeling less transfer of heat to the house. We got a couple of west-facing and a south-facing window that we used to feel a lot of heat transfer through that we don't now.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I looked up window companies around the Orlando area and then I stumbled upon NewSouth. I used them a long time ago for my condominium and then when I moved into my house, I used them again. Their product is awesome and it's better than other windows that you get from Home Depot or Lowe’s. The lifetime guarantee is a plus as well. I purchased a couple of sliding glass doors and a bunch of windows. The rep was very friendly, nice and knowledgeable. The installers were great and top-notch. They did the job and were professional.

However, it took awhile to get the products. There were three separate times and the sales guy would come and then a month or so later, someone else would come to measure everything out. And then two to four months after that, I’d finally get the products. So it would take a matter of five months to get the product to the house. They were a little lengthy on getting everything to us but it’s worth it because the product is great. I would definitely tell others to get NewSouth products.

Original review: March 9, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions had the modern windows that I was looking for that had three panes, and had the gap between two of the panes to make it better. Also, they have a lifetime warranty. The installation worked pretty well, and the team kept everything clean. They also did not interfere with anything in the house. However, because they make the windows according to the orders, we were not sure when they were going to be installed. They could improve that and give out more firm dates.

We are on the ocean and I used to hear the waves all the time. Now, I can hardly hear the waves, which is a negative for me, but it is okay. Also, the other thing is that when I stand close to the window, it is not hot. The other window that is not insulated is hot. So the insulation is good on their windows. The quality is excellent and it looks solid. It also passed the inspection without any problems. They’re good and they work, and I feel confident that they are going to fulfill the promise of a lifetime warranty.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We needed new windows and we were in the market for it, and then the NewSouth Window Solutions came to the house. We then purchased windows and doors. Troy, the sales rep we dealt with, was prompt and on time. However, since we ordered them back in September, it took a while for them to come. The installation was good and they also cleaned up. But, the windows guy are supposed to come out to replace a crack and they have not gone back yet. They told me it would take about two weeks, but it has been two weeks now. Still, we had a positive experience with them and I would recommend them. I’m also happy with the way they look.

Original review: March 7, 2018

After talking to the representative of NewSouth, Brett, I felt that their product was the better one on the market right now. He came initially and had our consultation. He was very nice, very friendly, very knowledgeable, and outgoing. He was very informative and he was professional, too. But I had to call him a couple of weeks later with a minor setback. I ordered windows and one door and I was told that the installation would be done in 10 to 12 weeks. I called a couple of times after about 10 and 1/2 to 11 weeks and they told me they were waiting on one or two items and that they'd call me when the items arrive to schedule the installation.

After about the 14th week, I called and they apologized for the delay and said that my windows had been there for almost 3 and 1/2 weeks. Still, nobody called me to schedule. They never pushed forth the effort to come set it up to get everything done and I had to reach out to Brett. I understand that it's a busy industry if you got one person handling schedule on all the deliveries. But at the same time, it was a little bit concerning to me that I had to put forth as much effort as I did, make all the phone calls, and find out that the items had been sitting there for so long ready for install. Other than that, their installation team was good. They were real quiet but they did a quality job and I was impressed with them. All together, I would recommend NewSouth highly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 6, 2018

We had our windows ($10k worth) installed in August 2017. After 6 months of several phone calls, a few service calls, email to salesman and survey response to President of this company we still do not have satisfactory response from the company. The installation was the worst/poor quality we've ever seen. They destroyed vinyl siding; left gaping holes around the windows; they had to re-caulk most of the windows as it turned 'brown' in less than 30 days; some screens were damaged when they put them in; the locks are not properly aligned so they scratch the window frame finish every time we open the windows. We either wanted the locks fixed or the very least get a credit for the poor quality workmanship and installation. Never received a formal response or determination from the company management.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Claire, so glad to hear you've been connected with management and have been scheduled to resolve your issues. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!”

Original review: March 3, 2018

I’d seen NewSouth Window Solutions on TV and it was easy to schedule an estimate appointment with them. I went in to their store and saw a window that I liked. I'm pretty busy and I said, “I don’t have a lot of time to be home. When can you come and give me an estimate?” He said, “How about right now?” That was perfect. Their sales team was professional and honest. The overall quality of their work was very good, and in fact, the inspector for the permit said that this was a very good job as well. The only downside and I fully understand that I had to wait about two or three months before they were able to install them just because they’re so busy, and I get that since there was a hurricane. But it was well worth the wait. I’d tell friends to give NewSouth Window a shot, talk to them, and it will be evident that they’re the best ones.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you, Jay. We at NewSouth appreciate your kind words and will make sure to share this with the team!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

After putting up with several years worth of west-facing exposure to the house, I decided to buy a motorized 16-foot unit from SunSetter Awnings. I needed some sun protection and they seemed to be the company to go with. They advertised quite prominently and I was familiar their name. So I gave them a call and their reps provided good information and were very professional. It took them two hours to install the awning and things went very smoothly. It was a very positive experience and I'd recommend their company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

NewSouth Window Solutions' pricing has been the same as those in the mall. I really liked the salesman that we had. We had met three months prior to our second meeting with him but he remembered us when he came back. He was a nice person to deal with rather than a pushy salesman. He loved our house and he was very nice to talk to and easy to get along with. The installation team came in and they knew what they were doing. They did not even need to ask too many questions. They just worked and were professional. They cleaned up everything after they were done. The quality of the items we've purchased is very good. I would definitely recommend NewSouth Window Solutions.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Thank you for your kind words, Linda!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Signed contract 6/26/17, gave 10% deposit, job permitted 8/3/17, window installation commenced on 10/3/17. The crew didn't speak much English, which proved to be annoying, they worked really hard, and tried to make a master bedroom window fit which had been measured wrong TWICE!! Ruined master bedroom window opening, left a gaping hole in drywall which was open for 3 months. This install was delayed due to having to remeasure (3rd time) and reorder 3 windows. I emailed salesman to tell him that we had a problem, he never emailed back or called. This was not a storm repair, this was Home Improvement.

Slow forward to December 28, 2017 crew came and installed remainder of windows, still owed master bedroom screen which was wrong size and front window trim piece. Got inspection, then waited for "finish crew" to caulk and seal. A guy just showed up, never called, was sloppy, left caulk everywhere and didn't caulk and finish 8 out of 11 windows. Didn't show up with screen or trim piece for living room windows. I told the office I didn't want this guy back in our home as he was messy. Then I was supposed to have another fellow come out 2/14 between 12-3pm, got a call at 2:45 that they were "hung up". I stayed home all day to hear this. Phil ** at West Palm office was really curt and blase about this - not friendly or concerned cause they are getting their $$.

Today, (2/19) hubby took off work, we waited for "Tracey" to come between 8-9 am, but just to be sure, my hubby called West Palm office only to find out that he was in the warehouse loading up and there was no way he would be here by 9 am. Hubby told him not to come, this has been 8 months of aggravation, no customer service, no caring, and we have had to make our first installment payment, in spite of this job not being FINISHED PROPERLY. They are now scheduled to come here Saturday, and do it all. We'll believe it when we see it. Bottom line, it's all about the $18,505.00, not about the CUSTOMER!! Had we known it was going to be this much trouble, we would have gone with another window company!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The experience I had with NewSouth Window Solutions was excellent. I drove around the neighborhood where the NewSouth Window office was. I walked in there, got the operations, and ended up purchasing the energy-efficient windows and doors. The interactions with the sales team were excellent, while the installation team was perfect. The quality of the windows and doors are exceptional, and I would recommend NewSouth Window Solutions to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I needed some bathroom windows done because the old ones couldn't be fixed and they don't make them anymore. So I looked online for windows and found a couple. I decided to stop by at NewSouth Window's place and look around inside. They had somebody explain to me what they do, and they showed me their stuff. And then they scheduled somebody to come to my house and talk to me. The rep sat down and explained to me the process because I didn't want to finance it. We wanted the windows done, so we had them measure that day. And we paid them part of the money.

But it took NewSouth two months to finish our project. They said it was because they have lots of orders. But once they did our windows, they were very professional and very efficient. They came on time and they were excellent. We had four windows installed in the bedroom and the two bathrooms. We got the best windows they have which were heat resistant and impact windows. My husband said the windows are better and he doesn't hear the noises outside. It retains coolness and heat.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered windows & slider May 2017, initial install September 2017, it is now February 2018 and this nightmare won't end. The delivery, installation and followup is woefully inept. Windows not ready for twice the time stated in the contract, they offered to "upgrade" my sliding glass door which has been nothing but a nightmare. They have made 5 attempts to resolve the problems with the "upgraded" sliding glass door after initial install and still need to come a 6th time. Each time has been me calling & pestering for them to finish the job I paid for. So frustrated at this never ending project. They act like we are here to accommodate them, take time off from work & clean up their mess 5 times. What is the consumer to do, really New South what are we to do?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We've had break-ins and we wanted windows that burglars couldn't break through. We got three windows from NewSouth, but the installers didn't install them properly. And they didn't put all the anchors in one of the windows. So our inspection was denied and they had to come back and correct the problem. Also, from the time that we ordered, they were about two months behind from the time estimate that they told us. But they were nice people to deal with and the quality of windows seems good to me since they fixed the problem.

NewSouth Window Solutions response

Barbara, Thank you for the wonderful review! We’re so happy you are enjoying your NewSouth products. Keep in mind that your products do come with a lifetime warranty, so should an issue arise in the future, NewSouth will be there to handle it. Thank you for being part of the NewSouth family!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

NewSouth's windows were the best we could get. We got impact windows. No one had given us a demonstration before in any of our other estimates, and NewSouth's was very impressive. Michele, who called about the questions, was very nice. However, the installers left a big mess behind and it was a communication problem. There was a lot of plastic strips, screws, paper, all kinds of things all over our house. And then when the guy came back to install the covers over the screws, he said, "Didn't they leave plastic strips?" Yes they did, but they never told us that we should keep them or that anyone would even be back to install the plastic strips over the screws so we tossed them. The guy that came out to do that had to re-cut all the plastic strips. We thought they were done but didn't realize that somebody had to come out and do a little bit more trim work.

Another communication problem was we were not able to get the rebate because I didn't have the utility company inspection done before the installation. I know they left me a piece of paper telling me that I might have to do that and I take the blame for it, but they must remind customers before installation to have their energy provider inspect before installing the windows entirely. But despite those complaints, we would still recommend NewSouth Windows Solutions.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My daughter got the windows in her house installed by NewSouth Window Solutions and she told me about them. I wanted to get my new windows installed and get that over with. The first person from NewSouth who came talked to me and showed me how the windows were and how they worked, and he told me about the heat and the cold. He was very professional and polite, and he literally talked me into purchasing from NewSouth. I got from them four windows that are double-hung and that have got double glass. The installation went quickly, smoothly and easily, and took half a day to get done.

I'm happy with NewSouth and their windows. I've only had the windows for a little over a month, but so far their quality has been good and I haven't seen any problems with them. I would recommend NewSouth. If people ask me where I got the windows, I tell them. One person that lives near me looked at the windows and she liked them and their good quality.

Thank you, Renate!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I am currently in the much delayed process of having all 16 openings in my house replaced with New South Impact and Low-E windows and sliders. Having owned a construction company for 26 years before retiring 2 years ago, I have experience with other hurricane window manufacturers and know that for the price and warranty, New South is the best product out there. Unfortunately, the delivery, installation and followup by the Sarasota, Florida location is woefully inept. Without getting too lengthy, let me just say I got a partial install with what they had on hand after bugging them for several weeks beyond the 14 week time frame I was given by the sales rep.

The installers were NOT company employees as they claim but were subs who were in such a hurry to get done, they left broken glass in side and out, cracked marble sills and seriously messed up the exterior caulking job on the patio sliders. They did, however, properly install the items because I observed them do so. I also watched the interior caulking and some of the exterior. The patio was the last area done and I did not have time to inspect the work as they were packed up and leaving before I knew it. After that, they left the uninstalled slider (missing a panel) and trim laying on the back patio. Well, two weeks have passed and they still cannot tell me when they will complete the order. They sent out a rep who said they will take care of all of the problems, except the bad caulking job which no one can fix!!

NewSouth Window Solutions expert review by Joseph Truini

NewSouth Window Solutions is run by two former salesmen from Champion Window Manufacturing in Ohio. The company has four locations—Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, West Palm—and sells factory-direct replacement and new windows and doors throughout Florida.

• Offers energy-efficient windows: Those who are concerned about the environment can get the latest materials and technology, such as energy-efficient windows and smart home technology.

• Offers patio doors: Outdoor patios are very common in Florida, consumers can get doors that completely enclose and protect these structures from rain and wind.

• Factory-trained window installers: NewSouth installs all windows for owners and hires installers that have been factory trained using Florida Building Commission protocols.

• Weather-resistant products: Owners can purchase doors or windows that are highly resistant to damaging rain, wind or floods.

• Lifetime warranty: All products sold by NewSouth Window Solutions are backed by a warranty on both materials and installation. Easy financing and multiple-window discounts are available.

• Best for: NewSouth Window Solutions are best for people who live with storms and floods, including homeowners, condo owners, landlords, business owners and environmentally conscious consumers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

NewSouth Window Solutions Company Information