Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The refrigerator has been very dependable for over 14 years. The biggest problem we have had is failure of plastic tracks on drawers that break and had to replace drawers and other problems with plastic components like deli drawer coverlet, and door shelf door plastic. Recently we have problems with the touch control panel on front of door. Not working properly for ice dispensing and temp. control although temp is maintaining what we had set prior to failure of control panel.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Have had the top freezer Maytag refrigerator for several years now, and it has performed great. Exterior is easy to keep clean, and the interior shelves come out easy for washing. Three drawers for fruits, vegetables and meat/cheeses work out great, and keep those products at the correct temperatures. Settings for both freezer and refrigerator are easy to see and change, if needed. Would buy another Maytag unit. Easy slide out for cleaning coils behind the unit.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My refrigerator is several years old, and I would buy the same brand when I need a new one, although I would hopefully buy a counter depth one because my kitchen is so small, and the one I have now is kind of big for the space.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Love the lower level freezer and simple non-electronic-computer features. No problems since purchase about 3 years ago. Great organizing adjustable shelves. Produce drawers are clear and easy to see contents. Glass shelves and interior easy to clean. No scratches or dents on white textured exterior. I hate stainless steel and wonderful to find a stylish looking refrigerator.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This Maytag refrigerator is a counter depth so a little smaller in the Inside than I would like but fits in my tiny kitchen great. It has an inside water dispenser which is so nice because it keeps the clean look on the outside. It’s a year old and so far I have not had any problems with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Maytag junk MFW2055FRZ00. We had to replace our reliable 15 year old Frigidaire side by side fridge when it failed due to a compressor failure. We should have pressed the service company to replace it or found someone who would. We were limited in replacement units because of built in cabinets, thus a smaller French door (so we have to open two doors rather than one) Maytag. Perhaps our 30 year old Maytag washer and dryer made us believe Maytag still offers high quality products. We were wrong. Everything about the unit is poorly designed, cheap and flimsy. The freezer drawer pulls out unevenly and the ice maker is primitive. Above all no matter what appliance you choose be sure there exist factory authorized servicers in your area otherwise warranty issues are a problem.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

My home has all Maytag appliances, all just over 2.5 years and I have had no issues with any of the other equipment excepting the fridge. The fridge itself works very well when it does, but some things are just wrong/flawed with the French door fridge.

1. The Evaporator mechanism is flawed and keeps accumulating frost over the Thermistor sensor, which in turn shuts off the fan and the fridge itself stops cooling rendering all the produce bad within hours of purchase. The freezer and icemaker works fine during this time. The first time a tech came in during Warranty period and put come Aluminum foil over the thermostat and zip tied it and told us that the issue is resolved. Fast forward 18 months or so, same issue. This time they want to replace all parts since the last time it did not fix it. How convenient isn't it? So now I have to shell 500 plus bucks to solve what was not fixed the last time. Flawed design is all it is; do not purchase any of the French door fridge from Maytag/Whirlpool or be prepared to buy an extended warranty and a down fridge every 12-15 months at the minimum. In my case shell out 500 bucks every 15 months I guess.

2. Sloppy icemaker: Ever heard of an icemaker that thinks and drops 4-5 cubes when requested and thinks again before giving another 4-5 cubes? We see it all the time at Soda fountains. This is what to expect off a Maytag ice maker. And lord knows if you have guests, they will run through the batch of ice by the very first meal and then the princess ice maker needs 12 hours to make another batch of ice.

3. Noisy fridge: Ever heard a noisy fridge in a very quiet home? This Fridge excels at that. Just about the time it shuts off the compressor, boom it goes on again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

My husband and I bought this refrigerator on 11/24/17 at Lowe's for $2969.00 (excluding tax and white glove delivery). Never thought that not even after less than 2 years we would be having so many issues with this unit. The fridge part stopped cooling a couple of months ago and we were told by a technician that it was due to some coolant issue which of course our home warranty (Choice Home Warranty) wouldn't cover the repair. Well my husband fought them and we were able to have a second technician come and told us it was a sensor issue which he replaced. In the meantime I called Maytag to complain and they wouldn't even send someone to take a look.

Anyway, the fridge worked after they replaced the sensor but unfortunately last week we started having the same issue. You would think for such a price you would get a decent unit, but big mistake there...now we have to find a way to replace it and we have little kids in the house. I also find out that Lowe's doesn't even carry that brand anymore, perhaps because it's defective. Maytag doesn't want to help us and Lowe's can't do anything about it. So please STAY AWAY!!!! Should we be compensated, yes I believe so and so does anyone going through the same issue. Money doesn't grow on trees, stop deceiving your consumers Maytag!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I purchased my first and last Maytag double door bottom freezer in Aug 2018. The ice maker shoots ice out all over the floor, only half make it into the glass. It also sounds as though ice is falling down inside door. I had the ice maker replaced twice, the gasket as well, the back removed to check for water line blockage NO avail. Before the first ice maker replacement it sounded like a freight train. I questioned whether I had received a store second from Home Depot or a return as the stickers inside had been removed but HD couldn’t assist and Maytag didn’t care. Definitely NOT worth the 2000 I paid.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I bought a Maytag refrigerator over the summer - the French door and drawer freezer. Expensive but crappy. After about a month motor starting making noise then is shut down. Called the store. They came and swapped it out and not even two weeks later same thing. Looked up product and all awful reviews. Never thought to look up reviews before purchasing. Could of save myself the headache. Not to mention my daughter was like, "Mom stop buying that brand. It sucks. Did you not realize our washing machine is the same brand and after almost two years it started acting up and your last washing machine you had for 10 years before it even gave you any problems."

Maytag expert review by Jonathan Trout

Maytag designs and makes kitchen appliances, washers and dryers and central heat and air units. They have two models of chest freezers and three upright freezers.

• 15 cubic foot freezer: The 15 cubic foot model is Maytag’s smallest version of chest freezer. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty for parts and the compressor. It features an interior light and a keypad door lock. It retails for $549.

• 22 cubic foot freezer: Maytag’s 22 cubic foot chest freezer is its largest freezer and comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and the compressor. It includes an interior light and a keypad lock for the door. It costs an estimated $47 a year to operate. The 22 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Upright freezers: Maytag makes three stand-alone upright freezers ranging in size from 16 to 20 cubic feet. They all include a 10-year limited warranty on parts and the compressor, LED lighting and frost free technology to prevent ice build up. The 16 cubic foot freezer costs $649, the 18 cubic foot freezer costs $749 and the 20 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Specification documents: Maytag provides all specifications online in PDF form. You’ll find the warranty, manuals, dimension guide and energy guide online under each model's web page.

• Best for: consumers looking for simple features in a chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout