Maytag Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Maytag refrigerator model MFF2558VEM9 purchased in November 2012 from Home Depot for $1329 suddenly would not maintain freezer temperature under high 20's in April 2017 (4 years, 5 months). Repairman says it has coolant leak, probably due to corrosion within the sealed system. Cost to repair - $1500. Repairman says this is a common problem.

I purchased a Maytag refrigerator in November 2016. It is now the first week of June 2017 and the ice dispenser no longer works and the door alarm goes off incessantly and intermittently all day and all night. I am so sick of being woken up by the alarm in the middle of the night. I reread the manual and ran through the limited troubleshooting to no avail. I called customer service, sat on hold for a half hour, and scheduled a service call. As an interim stopgap for the pull-my-hair-out alarm issue, the operator suggested I disconnect some wires, as there is no "off" button for the door alarm. I wasn't dumb enough to do that and void my warranty. Best part of the call was when the operator offered to sell me an extended warranty.

We'll see how the service appointment goes, but I have a feeling this is the last Maytag product I will ever get. I am very curious about the lack of product recall as my research unveiled hundreds of complaints about the exact same issues I am having. Why does it seem to take a class action lawsuit before a company fulfills the promises in their advertising? Model number: MFI2570FEZ01 Purchased from Home Depot in Nov 2016 for $1,230.

Maytag fridges, obsolete in less than 3 years. TWICE! My last Maytag fridge dies at about 2.5 years. I called up customer service. It was a compressor not repairable. This was an expensive fridge. Reluctantly we bought another one as the space could only accommodate a Maytag. Again less than 3 years old, the ice maker is shot and the plastic inserts are all falling apart. This time I'll renovate my kitchen for that extra 2 inches to accommodate a different brand.

We bought this Maytag MFI2269DRM01 Fridge/Freezer in June 2016. We have nothing but trouble. First the center rail holding up the Fruit/Veg drawers snapped within a month then the freezer drawer would not close properly which gave us all sorts of problems (door open lights flashing and fridge staying on longer. Lights not working etc.) The service tech came out and tried to fix it and went away saying it was not repaired that he would need a new freezer drawer. In the meantime I had to push the drawer to try and get it to work right. Now the handle is loose and the stainless steel front of the drawer is damaged by pushing it in so much.

This repair started in November and now it is the end of March. I asked them to replace the complete unit but they say that the warranty is just to repair. It seems like they have no parts to fix this. Then the new center rail snapped again!!! When they sent the part out to me to install, I found the main frame of the Fruit/Veg rack at the back had snapped. Everything is brittle plastic with not enough support. (The only vegetable that I think I can put in the drawers is mushrooms.) I thought by buying a Maytag that the name sold it. What a piece of junk it is!!! Will never buy another Maytag product!!!

Had a problem with the control circuit board on my 6 year old refrigerator. Had it serviced and found that the problem was common, the main circuit board needed to be replaced. The service person advised me it wasn't currently available from his supplier. I call Maytag and they said it was back ordered from their parts source. When asked for an availability date, I was told the date was unknown? I started a search for the circuit board and found it was indeed a problem for many many other consumers who owned this model refrigerator. Lesson learned: Maytag is no longer a good brand to own.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

My $1500 2 yr old Maytag mbf2258Dem refrigerator stopped cooling properly (wont freeze). The icemaker was the slowest I have ever had. That may have been the problem when I bought it. The Maytag Repairman came out and said that even with Maytag sending me a new compressor (under warranty) this unit was not worth fixing. I called Maytag and they said sorry there was nothing they would do. So l looked up every review I could find... and this refrigerator is just bad. "Not Worth Fixing". So Maytag deceived me. On the front of the door it says 10 year compressor warranty. That's a big sales feature! They know that they have a problem. This is one bad company!

The ice maker in my Maytag French door refrigerator quit working 11 months after purchase. It was replaced under warranty, but again quit working 12 months later. That one was replaced at my cost, and lasted another year. It was again replaced at my expense and that lasted two years. I am now back to the dark ages of filling ice cube trays. I have been reading reviews, and find I am not the only one who has had problems. My letter to customer service was responded with a sorry about your luck letter. I would never purchase another Maytag appliance.

We purchased our French Door, bottom freezer in April 2010 after a renovation. We have loved it besides needing more refrigerated space. This past weekend I noticed the appliance was cutting off and a few seconds later coming back on. It has an outside ice and water dispenser as well and the lights will blink on and off of course when the fridge cut off. Called for a repair and when the repairman called in the parts he was told he needed 2 computer boards. One was available however the other was discontinued and they would not allow him to just replace the one board. The fridge cost us $1798.00 from Home Depot. I can't believe how irresponsible Maytag is in this case. I have a kitchen full of MAYTAG appliances and have loved them all. But this is unacceptable. The Maytag fridge I had before was 16 years old. I gave it to a family member when we bought this one and that one just broke down last year so it was 21 years old! What's up MAYTAG?

I purchased the Maytag MFI2670XEM0 3 Door Refrigerator in Oct 2012. Thank God I purchased the extended warranty. The freezer has had issues with improper sealing since I bought it. It builds up ice around the bottom of the freezer where the seal meets. So bad it prevents it from closing. It happens fast, so I have to scrape it off every week minimum, to keep it closed. They have replaced the seals twice, all of the slide rails, twice and it still doesn't close right. I thought when I moved to Florida, I wouldn't have to scrape ice.

Next: Ice maker quit working and had to replace that. Now, I came out this morning and about busted my ** when I slipped on all the water flooding my kitchen. The ice maker has a stupid little fitting on top of the refrigerator that has a rubber bulb connected to the ice maker water line. It split in half and every time the ice maker cycles, it pours water out that fitting and down the side. Why in the ** did they design it like that? It has caused damage to my cabinets and tile floor from running under it.

I'm sick of this appliance. I thought Maytag was known for quality. What happened to that? What a disappointing piece of junk and I'm stuck with it unless I want to put out money for something different. There should be a Lemon Law rule for appliances like this. I have asked and get nothing from the warranty service but silence (crickets). They are sending out a tech again but that will require two service calls because they always have to order parts, which takes 2-3 weeks. I've had to call them at least 5 times, which has amounted to no less than 10 service calls and here we go again. Stay clear of these units at all cost.

I have had 3 Admiral American style Fridge Freezers and in all three cases lack of parts has forced me to replace the unit prematurely. All three appliances have been maintained in immaculate condition but a seemingly small fault has resulted in scrapping an otherwise perfect appliance. First one - Worked well for 4 years and then water dispenser+ Ice maker failed. Engineer came out and confirmed that it was impossible to get the spares and therefore retailer provided us with a new machine under the terms of the extended warranty.

Second Appliance - Worked okay for 3 years and then afflicted with a series of water dispensing issues and leaks that should have been simple to fix but spares became unavailable and unit was scrapped at 7 years old. Third one. Worked well for 10 years but then water flow from dispenser slowed by 75%. Changed various components before it became clear that the water filter head unit was at fault. Tried to get a new part but Maytag confirm that parts are no longer available. Thus we are being forced to scrap a perfectly good appliance due to the lack of a part that was always going to clog up but can't be dismantled and cleaned. The attitude of the manufacturer is to say 'you will have to change the appliance' because we have decided to stop making the part!

On the 11/25/16 bought a refrigerator at Home Depot. Beside that the first was not called off, wait for another month 12/31/16 for the other refrigerator the problem are. I file a complaint because Maytag left me a message refrigerator half a price. Now they deny when I have proof.

We like the refrigerator and we have had it several years. But the thing the top freezer conceals much of the top rack of refrigerator. We must duck and almost kneel to get to food inside. Next fridge will have drawers and doors that open on both sides.

The circuit board on my seven year old Maytag French door refrigerator died. I called a repair company out to see if it could be repaired. He went to order the part and said that it was not available. Now I read a review from someone else saying that Maytag does not have parts for appliances that are over 6 years old. That's ridiculous that after spending so much money on an appliance that parts are not available. I will never buy another Maytag appliance.

Our Maytag refrigerator is leaking water all over my kitchen floor to the point that my floor tile has lifted. The ref. is a French door with water and ice in the door and freezer on the bottom. We have been cleaning up puddles of water at least several times a day. I see that this is not an isolated problem, as others have complained about this defect doing the same thing with their Maytag refs. Why hasn't ConsumerAffairs demanded a recall on these expensive defective refrigerators to date? I am truly disgusted.

The refrigerator had to have repairs in first year. Maytag was aware of freezer issues and reluctantly finally replaced the parts. I had to argue with repairman because he tried to tell me that the freezer was too full.

I love my new fridge! It has all the bells and whistles and looks/works great! My ice maker is the bomb! Best design I've ever seen!

I have had this refrigerator for a few years and never have had a problem. It keeps food uniformly cold, and is frost free. While appearance is attractive, it doesn't look like a $3,000 refrigerator. However, black pebbled-surface exterior is easy to clean and scratch-resistant. Plastic and glass interior fittings also have held up very well. I originally thought it would be too small because I was buying it to fit a certain space in the kitchen. But it has turned out to be just the right size because there is no wasted space inside. I bought this at Home Depot on sale for about $400.00 and it has turned out to be an excellent buy. Delivery was on time, efficient, and people were polite and helpful. Refrigerator was ready to be used about 15 minutes after delivery arrived. I have found Maytag appliances to be extremely reliable and made to last. They have never disappointed me. I will continue to buy them. I highly recommend it.

The performance of the refrigerator is disappointing. It was difficult to find someone to repair it when the freezer fan motor went out. It makes noise, shelf space is insufficient. Temperature mechanism often doesn't work properly.

The refrigerator works well. No problems. Easy to move to clean behind it. Good value. I haven't had any problems since I bought it. Keeps a steady temp; It's exactly the size I needed; has plenty of space. It's a plain fridge with a reasonable price!

I have had my Maytag refrigerator for eight years and it is best one I have had in fifty years. It is dependable, quiet running and easy to maintain. The ice maker is wonderful; it always has ice ready even on the hottest summer day. If and when I ever need to purchase another refrigerator, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Maytag!

What was shown on tv and the way it looked in home depot were much different when I got it home. The refrig. Is big as a bo car on the outside but inside nothing.

The Maytag has nice features but the shelves don't allow much room to adjust them and the freezer could stand to be a bit larger but overall it's a good and hard working fridge for the price. Would love if those two things could be fixed without a huge price tag.

We have a purchased a Maytag two door refrigerator a few years ago despite my wife's repeated request not to buy any Maytag product. We had a bad experience with another Maytag product in the past. Now like many others we are experiencing the horrible nightmare of getting a water leakage from time to time that floods our tiled floor and it is getting worse and causing damage to floor and other kitchen cabinets that are anchored to the floor. We had a certified technician who suggested us to thaw the freeze and then reconnect it back. We did what we were told but that did not fix the problem. My wife found out that there had been 913 complaints from consumers on Maytag refrigerators. Why Consumer Affairs is doing nothing about it and why there is not a recall of Maytag refrigerators. We will never buy another Maytag product nor will we recommend others to buy. Enough is enough being discontent.

We have a model MF12269VEMS. Approx 3 years old. Ice maker and water dispenser work great. Fridge works well. We have experienced over the last 6 months a buildup of ice that forms inside the freezer under the drawers. If we don't catch it every 4-5 days we cannot open the drawers as the ice catches the bottom plastic drawers. I called Maytag directly and the pleasant young lady told me after checking that it did not seem to be an issue...clearly after looking into the internet I am not alone! Maybe someone can email me a fix?

French door always has freezer closing problems. Whenever the freezer is not closed tight, the bottom will form ice block, and freezer doesn't close. I have extended warranty but the repair people do not give quick appointment. I sick of this product.

We purchased a new Maytag french door refrigerator and from day one had issues with the ice maker. After three replacements Maytag informed me that this was an inherent issues and no fix available. So we had a $2000+ refrigerator with a non-functioning ice maker. Our 20 year old Frigidaire continues to make ice with no issues. Then the control panel lights started blinking and evidently this is also a known problem and when I called Maytag to buy the part, they said "SORRY we don't offer parts on our appliances over 6 years old." This is the worst piece of ** I have ever owned coupled with the lousiest customer service in the world. I will never buy another Maytag.

We recently purchased a Maytag refrigerator, love it, no problems until the mystery person in my house accidentally broke the slide out door for bottom drawer. So I called Maytag, and with no questions asked they sent me a new part by Purolator! Great customer service makes everything better! Thanks Maytag.

I could care less if Maytag responds as I have already advised all my family and friends to avoid Maytag products. After spending over $1200 to buy this refrigerator it took 6 months for the ice maker to failed, and it needed a control board replaced. Maytag had a great reputation; however, in the past 5 years their products are worthless. I also have a Maytag dishwasher which failed and was stuck on cancel with a flashing light. The dishwasher panel needs to be replaced and I have just decided to replace both of these products with a different brand.

It's the worst experience I have ever had with any product. I grew up watching the Maytag man as a child and thinking "that must be a top of the line product." Boy was I wrong. I went out six years ago when I purchased my new home and purchased for 1,550.00 a brand new refrigerator with side by side, and ice maker on the bottom, silver in color. It looked great, the quality was and is terrible. The freezer stopped freezing a couple of days after the first year was up. The Service department at Maytag is terrible, I called them for assistance and they were anything but helpful rude is a better word. It's been a nightmare! How could they ruin that good, or even great name of that product. Never will I buy a Maytag appliance again. I tell all of my friends as well. Oh yes so far as the leaking is concerned, my floor is damaged as well.

My new fridge iced over top to bottom. It started making horrible noise then ice maker stopped working. Called MY repairman. That's when I found out about all the ice. He told me to thaw out and he'd be back. It thawed out and then freezer went out. ALL my freaking meats and frozen food had to be thrown out. Now water keeps Flowing out on my NEW tile! Called my repairman back. He came back then informed me it was junk! He said several other customers having same issue. My daughter has the same refrigerator and it broke down just like mine! My repairman also said "a big issue with your junk was you used parts from other brands to fix!"

After reading all these complaints I can see no sense in calling to get it repaired. It's obvious we are all having the same issue. Maybe someone from your ** company could check them out. I don't have the money to buy another fridge! My 85 year old uncle with Alzheimer's lives with me and I don't want him to slip on that water and hurt himself! I think all of these complaints need to go to BBB. That's my next step. I believe you need to recall this junk or give us our money back! I need you to respond or I'm going on blast to let everyone know how you treat your customers.

Maytag Refrigerators Company Profile