2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We "inherited" this upright 2-door Fridge/Freezer after buying the Townhouse, and I can say the Water Filter was easy to replace, fairly easy to clean, and energy efficient! Aesthetically pleasing to look at too!???

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I bought my black refrigerator in 2006. It has ice in the door and freezer on left side and refrigerator on right. I have not had any problem with my refrigerator and it continues to serve me well. When I need to buy another one, I will probably get a stainless that doesn't show handprints.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

This Maytag refrigerator is very nice.. Sleek black with double doors and ice two ways and filtered water on the door which is very convenient. The filters are expensive but they last up to six months so that part isn’t too bad.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Perfect for me. It would be better if I had a space to put it without adjacent walls. Mine sits with the refrigerator door against a wall and I have to pull it out to the door space to open it wide enough to pull out the drawers to take them out for cleaning. Otherwise, it has worked very well for me by myself, for me and my husband when he was alive and for my son and his family and myself, and he has 5 children.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

This refrigerator has been my worst nightmare come true. Everything existent freezes: salads, tomatoes, berries, cherries, milk, water, etc. Never again will I purchase a Maytag product. Service is non-existent.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Along with the range I previously reviewed, this counter depth side by side is not very good. One of the produce drawers cracked (and not from abuse, I might add), I used Gorilla tape to mend the issue, worked quite well! The water and ice dispenser is a nightmare. Water and ice on the floor and water running down the door. Buyers please beware of purchasing this product.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Do not buy this refrigerator!! It’s small on the inside but to top it off the vent is on the left side, not in the back, so everything freezes on the left side of the refrigerator. Plus they positioned the light right in the front at the top so you cannot put a gallon of milk or anything tall. Not orange juice, apple juice, nothing!! Horrible design. I’ve had the repairman out, he said he couldn’t do anything about the freezing on the left side unless he turned the temperature up on the fridge and on the freezer. We tried that & The ice cream was so soft, almost melted. The problem then was the temperature was too warm for milk and other items. Not a recommended temperature to keep cold items. He said I would have to keep everything away from the back & the left side to use it without freezing my items. I’ve lost a lot of food because of this. Very unhappy with this refrigerator!!

Original review: May 10, 2020

In 2013, $1850.00 I purchased a Maytag double oven, $700.00 Maytag dishwasher, and a Maytag refrigerator for $2200.00. I have had nothing but problems with all of them.... The oven locked up on me had to call a repairman to fix it. I've had to replace the control panel on the dishwasher... And the refrigerator!! (WHAT A NIGHTMARE) In 2013 just received the appliance they had to install a heater in the ice maker because there was condensation. 2014, Refrigerator dead.. Repairman had to replace interface and control board.. 2017, Icemaker crashes and had to be replaced... 2020, Now here we are again Ice maker crashed again! (JUNK). My wife told me that she has had nothing but good luck with Maytag appliances... Never again.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Under a year old @MaytagBrand fridge stopped working and they couldn't get a repairman here for a week. I said this was unacceptable--we would lose hundreds of dollars in groceries and months of breast milk. They didn't care. I asked if they would reimburse me for a private repairman, they said no. Less than a year old. Friends, I implore you, never buy @MaytagBrand. This customer service is truly unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Ice maker constantly jams since day #1. Customer service not helpful at all. They simply refer you to a local repair service and even though unit is only a month old, you are responsible for the minimum $100.00 diagnostic fee and no guarantee that it will not end up costing more. Very poor design at a very premium price. Ice cubes do not separate after dropping into the tray, which causes the drive screw to jam. This not only prevents ice to dispense, but additionally jams the whole ice tray so you can not even open it to unjam the screw mechanism. I will never but another Maytag product!

Maytag author review by Jonathan Trout

Maytag designs and makes kitchen appliances, washers and dryers and central heat and air units. They have two models of chest freezers and three upright freezers.

• 15 cubic foot freezer: The 15 cubic foot model is Maytag’s smallest version of chest freezer. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty for parts and the compressor. It features an interior light and a keypad door lock. It retails for $549.

• 22 cubic foot freezer: Maytag’s 22 cubic foot chest freezer is its largest freezer and comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and the compressor. It includes an interior light and a keypad lock for the door. It costs an estimated $47 a year to operate. The 22 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Upright freezers: Maytag makes three stand-alone upright freezers ranging in size from 16 to 20 cubic feet. They all include a 10-year limited warranty on parts and the compressor, LED lighting and frost free technology to prevent ice build up. The 16 cubic foot freezer costs $649, the 18 cubic foot freezer costs $749 and the 20 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Specification documents: Maytag provides all specifications online in PDF form. You’ll find the warranty, manuals, dimension guide and energy guide online under each model's web page.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team