Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1026 Maytag Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The refrigerator has been very dependable for over 14 years. The biggest problem we have had is failure of plastic tracks on drawers that break and had to replace drawers and other problems with plastic components like deli drawer coverlet, and door shelf door plastic. Recently we have problems with the touch control panel on front of door. Not working properly for ice dispensing and temp. control although temp is maintaining what we had set prior to failure of control panel.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Have had the top freezer Maytag refrigerator for several years now, and it has performed great. Exterior is easy to keep clean, and the interior shelves come out easy for washing. Three drawers for fruits, vegetables and meat/cheeses work out great, and keep those products at the correct temperatures. Settings for both freezer and refrigerator are easy to see and change, if needed. Would buy another Maytag unit. Easy slide out for cleaning coils behind the unit.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My refrigerator is several years old, and I would buy the same brand when I need a new one, although I would hopefully buy a counter depth one because my kitchen is so small, and the one I have now is kind of big for the space.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Love the lower level freezer and simple non-electronic-computer features. No problems since purchase about 3 years ago. Great organizing adjustable shelves. Produce drawers are clear and easy to see contents. Glass shelves and interior easy to clean. No scratches or dents on white textured exterior. I hate stainless steel and wonderful to find a stylish looking refrigerator.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This Maytag refrigerator is a counter depth so a little smaller in the Inside than I would like but fits in my tiny kitchen great. It has an inside water dispenser which is so nice because it keeps the clean look on the outside. It’s a year old and so far I have not had any problems with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Ice maker worst ever. Had throws them out all over and when done continues to spit them out. Shelving broke holding. Vegetable trays can’t hardly get them open now. Too expensive to replace. Fridge not very old.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have a Maytag refrigerator that I bought 20 years ago when I moved into my new house. It’s still going strong and haven’t had any problems with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the filter. Knock on wood!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Paid $900 for this side by side stainless steel model 15 years ago. Pros: performance, appearance, simplicity. Cons: none. Only 1 minor repair, and the repairman said this is 1 of only 2 makes he recommends.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Products spoiling even if set at recommended temperature. Hard to clean bottom freezer. Not happy with this configuration. Had to have repairmen in because of stopped up drain which I could not access to clean myself. Does not close completely at times.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

It looks big, but is small inside. It's hard to put in several large items. The water filter broke and too expensive to fix. I like the double doors and ice maker. I don't like the freezer drawer. It won't stay open to clean.

Maytag expert review by Jonathan Trout

Maytag designs and makes kitchen appliances, washers and dryers and central heat and air units. They have two models of chest freezers and three upright freezers.

• 15 cubic foot freezer: The 15 cubic foot model is Maytag’s smallest version of chest freezer. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty for parts and the compressor. It features an interior light and a keypad door lock. It retails for $549.

• 22 cubic foot freezer: Maytag’s 22 cubic foot chest freezer is its largest freezer and comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and the compressor. It includes an interior light and a keypad lock for the door. It costs an estimated $47 a year to operate. The 22 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Upright freezers: Maytag makes three stand-alone upright freezers ranging in size from 16 to 20 cubic feet. They all include a 10-year limited warranty on parts and the compressor, LED lighting and frost free technology to prevent ice build up. The 16 cubic foot freezer costs $649, the 18 cubic foot freezer costs $749 and the 20 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Specification documents: Maytag provides all specifications online in PDF form. You’ll find the warranty, manuals, dimension guide and energy guide online under each model's web page.

• Best for: consumers looking for simple features in a chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout