Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1011 Maytag Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I would like to say that I am highly dissatisfied with paying $1200 for a refrigerator that only can produce ice once every 12 hours and 90% of the time the over fill lever gets stuck so it will not make more. I would recommend anyone to not buy anything Maytag ever.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Consumers be aware! Anyone who’s considering purchasing a Maytag Appliance I would highly suggest reconsidering! I bought a $2000+ Maytag fridge Model # MFT2776FEZ00 in March of 2017 and have had numerous repair calls on it: Several for ice maker not make ice, ice freezing in the bucket into 1 big CHUNK, water running down front of door on the inside and outside, to not working at all and ice maker needing to be replaced. Several calls for fridge not properly cooling (temperature was set at 37 degrees F but the temperature in the fridge is 55 degrees F - per 2 thermometers), food is spoiling. The back inside of “Temp Controlled Pantry” is freezing everything and whole back wall behind the drawer is frozen with 1-2” of frost and ice. Defroster is not working and again parts being ordered to repair an obvious issue with this model.

I contacted Maytag and their response was “sorry, we can document the problem.” They will do nothing more! These Appliance companies are ripping off the consumers! Everyone passes the buck! Repairman says, "contact the Appliance store you purchased it from," Appliance store says, "contact Maytag," Maytag says it’s the repair company's issue.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Maytag #mbl2258es1 - started leaking in the freezer two years after I bought it. Two service men who did not know how to fix it. Now the refrigerator is not cooling. No more Maytags. Horrible refrigerator.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The way the side by side fridge/freezer is built contributed to several injuries. I am 6'0" tall and of normal size, and accessing anything in the side doors lower down always results in smashed head, near bleeding injuries. I am so sick and tired of it. No other fridge has done this to me. Add that to the shelves being near razor sharp. One of these days this fridge is going to land me in the hospital with a lawsuit. Most people are not 3 feet tall or 8 feet tall, that's the only way to use this fridge safely!

Original review: May 10, 2019

We are on our 2nd Maytag refrigerator in 6 years and both units have failed. Maytag will not stand behind their product and the service company declined to come out to look at the unit because we were upset and contacting the BBB. So we have spent thousands on 2 refrigerator units that have lasted 2.5 to 3 years a piece. If I could give no stars I would and I would advise to look at other companies and models.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: May 9, 2019

Model MFT2776FE200 worst purchase of my life! We purchased the Maytag French Door Refrigerator last year. Within a few months, freezer failed and we had to have a retrofit done. Less than one year it has failed again. No refrig for over one month and still no parts. Hundreds of dollars of wasted food and I’m asked by Maytag Service if I have an extended Warranty. I didn’t realized that a new refrig needed to have an extended warranty. Will NEVER purchase another Maytag product again. We are devastated that spending 3k on a fridge means you might as well throw your money to the wind.

Original review: April 4, 2019

A month ago I purchased a 25 cu ft side by side. First the recirculating fan quit. It was repaired. But the water and ice hose in the door froze and cracked the entire freezer door. Must be replaced, unfortunately they don't have any, so I was quoted 6 weeks for a new door, that has turned into 12 weeks and they can't guarantee me a date. I requested a replacement fridge and was told, They can't do that. I purchased the full Maytag package - stove, dishwasher, microwave. I expect better customer service than that, Take a door off the assembly line and ship it to me.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This Maytag refrigerator is a counter depth so a little smaller in the Inside than I would like but fits in my tiny kitchen great. It has an inside water dispenser which is so nice because it keeps the clean look on the outside. It’s a year old and so far I have not had any problems with it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have had this side by side for a long time and it is great. Have not had any problems with it. Also have had an Amana which we love as well. These are side by side and are frost free and never have to clean.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I ordered my dream refrigerator (Maytag Model MFT2776FEZ) on 05-12-2017. I had to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive because it was on back-order. I was willing to wait. All was good for 6 months. January 2018, the six month old refrigerator quit cooling. It took 2 1/2 from the service call until the part came in to fix before I could use my refrigerator again. I lost all my food. The same thing happened again in March 2018 except that it took 4 weeks for the part to come in once the serviceman ordered it. I lost all my food for a second time.

February 2019, the same thing happened again. I placed the service call on 01-31-2019 for service, but the tech could not come out until 2/6/19. The part had to be ordered and could not be installed until 2-28-2019. For the 3rd time, I've lost my food. My best friend that has appliances that are nearly 30 years old. She was going to replace all of hers and get exactly what I ordered. She has changed her mind and has decided she would rather keep her outdated appliances because they work.

Maytag expert review by Jonathan Trout

Maytag designs and makes kitchen appliances, washers and dryers and central heat and air units. They have two models of chest freezers and three upright freezers.

• 15 cubic foot freezer: The 15 cubic foot model is Maytag’s smallest version of chest freezer. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty for parts and the compressor. It features an interior light and a keypad door lock. It retails for $549.

• 22 cubic foot freezer: Maytag’s 22 cubic foot chest freezer is its largest freezer and comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and the compressor. It includes an interior light and a keypad lock for the door. It costs an estimated $47 a year to operate. The 22 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Upright freezers: Maytag makes three stand-alone upright freezers ranging in size from 16 to 20 cubic feet. They all include a 10-year limited warranty on parts and the compressor, LED lighting and frost free technology to prevent ice build up. The 16 cubic foot freezer costs $649, the 18 cubic foot freezer costs $749 and the 20 cubic foot freezer costs $849.

• Specification documents: Maytag provides all specifications online in PDF form. You’ll find the warranty, manuals, dimension guide and energy guide online under each model's web page.

• Best for: consumers looking for simple features in a chest freezer.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout