Maytag Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Maytag Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

It seems the Maytag plus refrigerators have good quality to them and they last for a while. A lot of people like the Maytag for them because the company has been around for a long time and they have good quality items for people to purchase for their homes. They seem to be well for the homes for people and they have a good reputation for them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

The design pleases me every day I use it. Closing the main door gently shuts every inside drawer that may still be open. No chance of jams or breakage. Very reliable, trouble free. I would buy this again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Very poor quality. Vegetables freeze at the back of the fridge I have tried everything. The vegetable drawer constantly comes off its track and the freezer door slide jams and stops the door from closing. It leaves about 1/2 inch gap. Now the Whirlpool/Maytag company changed their corporate policy and won't allow an appliance store that to come out and fix the fridge I have to go back to the manufacturer. Their website wouldn't take my email address when I tried to sign up for an account and they won't answer the phone. What a hassle. I'll buy another brand next time but never GE or Whirlpool again!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I’m so disappointed in this refrigerator! It does not keep a steady temperature. It’s only 3 years old and will not buy another Maytag. I do like the freezer on the bottom but it also does not keep a steady temperature.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

It’s one of the products still made in the USA, if you are looking for a fridge with a 10 year warranty on the compressor, this is one you want. Decided not to have all the bells and whistles this time around, water and ice in the door is convenient but these extras break down quicker. Ice maker in freezer was good enough for me. It’s running very quiet, plenty of space for a regular household, so I’m very happy with my Maytag.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have a top loader Maytag washing machine, Model MVWB835DW4, bought in 11/2019. Five months of light use, the lid cracked. Received a replacement and four months later the lid once again cracked in the exact same spot. Requested replacement parts under warranty and I was told that a service tech must install the lid. Due to health and safety concerns related to Covid, we are not take any chances letting people into our home. My wife and I are 70 years old and are at high risk. Maytag's response was they would not send parts under warranty to me and a service tech must install the parts. If I don't let them in by 11/2/2020 (the end of the warranty period) then I would have to pay for the parts. Maytag has the very worse customer service in the industry.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Our prior fridge died on a hot long weekend in July 2020. Desperate for a fridge, I ordered any fridge that could be delivered the same day. Received a Maytag which totally died 3 months later! Now I am waiting for a part (which apparently the Manufacturer has 100 in their inventory but haven't distributed them to the source that ordered them). This is just the worst service I have ever experienced with an appliance. As so many people have said, I should have waited and ordered a European appliance. They are built beyond perfection and have excellent service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We "inherited" this upright 2-door Fridge/Freezer after buying the Townhouse, and I can say the Water Filter was easy to replace, fairly easy to clean, and energy efficient! Aesthetically pleasing to look at too!???

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

This refrigerator has been my worst nightmare come true. Everything existent freezes: salads, tomatoes, berries, cherries, milk, water, etc. Never again will I purchase a Maytag product. Service is non-existent.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I bought my black refrigerator in 2006. It has ice in the door and freezer on left side and refrigerator on right. I have not had any problem with my refrigerator and it continues to serve me well. When I need to buy another one, I will probably get a stainless that doesn't show handprints.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

This Maytag refrigerator is very nice.. Sleek black with double doors and ice two ways and filtered water on the door which is very convenient. The filters are expensive but they last up to six months so that part isn’t too bad.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Perfect for me. It would be better if I had a space to put it without adjacent walls. Mine sits with the refrigerator door against a wall and I have to pull it out to the door space to open it wide enough to pull out the drawers to take them out for cleaning. Otherwise, it has worked very well for me by myself, for me and my husband when he was alive and for my son and his family and myself, and he has 5 children.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Along with the range I previously reviewed, this counter depth side by side is not very good. One of the produce drawers cracked (and not from abuse, I might add), I used Gorilla tape to mend the issue, worked quite well! The water and ice dispenser is a nightmare. Water and ice on the floor and water running down the door. Buyers please beware of purchasing this product.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Do not buy this refrigerator!! It’s small on the inside but to top it off the vent is on the left side, not in the back, so everything freezes on the left side of the refrigerator. Plus they positioned the light right in the front at the top so you cannot put a gallon of milk or anything tall. Not orange juice, apple juice, nothing!! Horrible design. I’ve had the repairman out, he said he couldn’t do anything about the freezing on the left side unless he turned the temperature up on the fridge and on the freezer. We tried that & The ice cream was so soft, almost melted. The problem then was the temperature was too warm for milk and other items. Not a recommended temperature to keep cold items. He said I would have to keep everything away from the back & the left side to use it without freezing my items. I’ve lost a lot of food because of this. Very unhappy with this refrigerator!!

Original review: May 10, 2020

In 2013, $1850.00 I purchased a Maytag double oven, $700.00 Maytag dishwasher, and a Maytag refrigerator for $2200.00. I have had nothing but problems with all of them.... The oven locked up on me had to call a repairman to fix it. I've had to replace the control panel on the dishwasher... And the refrigerator!! (WHAT A NIGHTMARE) In 2013 just received the appliance they had to install a heater in the ice maker because there was condensation. 2014, Refrigerator dead.. Repairman had to replace interface and control board.. 2017, Icemaker crashes and had to be replaced... 2020, Now here we are again Ice maker crashed again! (JUNK). My wife told me that she has had nothing but good luck with Maytag appliances... Never again.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Under a year old @MaytagBrand fridge stopped working and they couldn't get a repairman here for a week. I said this was unacceptable--we would lose hundreds of dollars in groceries and months of breast milk. They didn't care. I asked if they would reimburse me for a private repairman, they said no. Less than a year old. Friends, I implore you, never buy @MaytagBrand. This customer service is truly unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Ice maker constantly jams since day #1. Customer service not helpful at all. They simply refer you to a local repair service and even though unit is only a month old, you are responsible for the minimum $100.00 diagnostic fee and no guarantee that it will not end up costing more. Very poor design at a very premium price. Ice cubes do not separate after dropping into the tray, which causes the drive screw to jam. This not only prevents ice to dispense, but additionally jams the whole ice tray so you can not even open it to unjam the screw mechanism. I will never but another Maytag product!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Bought a Maytag refrigerator/freezer 18 months ago. The freezer went bad. The first repair guy said it needed a new computer board which wasn't covered. Called Maytag, they wanted another repair service to look at it. He said it needed a new evaporator. We have now spent $250 to be told the repair will cost another $500. Maytag will make a "goodwill gesture" because we are a nonprofit business to cover the part only so we will still be out another $300. This is unacceptable for a relatively new Maytag. Obviously they can no longer be counted on to back their equipment. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

The Deli drawer randomly falls, shelves in general do not fit well. Rough edges on door corners are a hazard especially for children. Service call line was extremely poor with a total disregard to customer concerns. It has been a very bad decision!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Maytag junk MFW2055FRZ00. We had to replace our reliable 15 year old Frigidaire side by side fridge when it failed due to a compressor failure. We should have pressed the service company to replace it or found someone who would. We were limited in replacement units because of built in cabinets, thus a smaller French door (so we have to open two doors rather than one) Maytag. Perhaps our 30 year old Maytag washer and dryer made us believe Maytag still offers high quality products. We were wrong. Everything about the unit is poorly designed, cheap and flimsy. The freezer drawer pulls out unevenly and the ice maker is primitive. Above all no matter what appliance you choose be sure there exist factory authorized servicers in your area otherwise warranty issues are a problem.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

My home has all Maytag appliances, all just over 2.5 years and I have had no issues with any of the other equipment excepting the fridge. The fridge itself works very well when it does, but some things are just wrong/flawed with the French door fridge.

1. The Evaporator mechanism is flawed and keeps accumulating frost over the Thermistor sensor, which in turn shuts off the fan and the fridge itself stops cooling rendering all the produce bad within hours of purchase. The freezer and icemaker works fine during this time. The first time a tech came in during Warranty period and put come Aluminum foil over the thermostat and zip tied it and told us that the issue is resolved. Fast forward 18 months or so, same issue. This time they want to replace all parts since the last time it did not fix it. How convenient isn't it? So now I have to shell 500 plus bucks to solve what was not fixed the last time. Flawed design is all it is; do not purchase any of the French door fridge from Maytag/Whirlpool or be prepared to buy an extended warranty and a down fridge every 12-15 months at the minimum. In my case shell out 500 bucks every 15 months I guess.

2. Sloppy icemaker: Ever heard of an icemaker that thinks and drops 4-5 cubes when requested and thinks again before giving another 4-5 cubes? We see it all the time at Soda fountains. This is what to expect off a Maytag ice maker. And lord knows if you have guests, they will run through the batch of ice by the very first meal and then the princess ice maker needs 12 hours to make another batch of ice.

3. Noisy fridge: Ever heard a noisy fridge in a very quiet home? This Fridge excels at that. Just about the time it shuts off the compressor, boom it goes on again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

My husband and I bought this refrigerator on 11/24/17 at Lowe's for $2969.00 (excluding tax and white glove delivery). Never thought that not even after less than 2 years we would be having so many issues with this unit. The fridge part stopped cooling a couple of months ago and we were told by a technician that it was due to some coolant issue which of course our home warranty (Choice Home Warranty) wouldn't cover the repair. Well my husband fought them and we were able to have a second technician come and told us it was a sensor issue which he replaced. In the meantime I called Maytag to complain and they wouldn't even send someone to take a look.

Anyway, the fridge worked after they replaced the sensor but unfortunately last week we started having the same issue. You would think for such a price you would get a decent unit, but big mistake there...now we have to find a way to replace it and we have little kids in the house. I also find out that Lowe's doesn't even carry that brand anymore, perhaps because it's defective. Maytag doesn't want to help us and Lowe's can't do anything about it. So please STAY AWAY!!!! Should we be compensated, yes I believe so and so does anyone going through the same issue. Money doesn't grow on trees, stop deceiving your consumers Maytag!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I purchased my first and last Maytag double door bottom freezer in Aug 2018. The ice maker shoots ice out all over the floor, only half make it into the glass. It also sounds as though ice is falling down inside door. I had the ice maker replaced twice, the gasket as well, the back removed to check for water line blockage NO avail. Before the first ice maker replacement it sounded like a freight train. I questioned whether I had received a store second from Home Depot or a return as the stickers inside had been removed but HD couldn’t assist and Maytag didn’t care. Definitely NOT worth the 2000 I paid.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I bought a Maytag refrigerator over the summer - the French door and drawer freezer. Expensive but crappy. After about a month motor starting making noise then is shut down. Called the store. They came and swapped it out and not even two weeks later same thing. Looked up product and all awful reviews. Never thought to look up reviews before purchasing. Could of save myself the headache. Not to mention my daughter was like, "Mom stop buying that brand. It sucks. Did you not realize our washing machine is the same brand and after almost two years it started acting up and your last washing machine you had for 10 years before it even gave you any problems."

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Ice maker worst ever. Had throws them out all over and when done continues to spit them out. Shelving broke holding. Vegetable trays can’t hardly get them open now. Too expensive to replace. Fridge not very old.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have a Maytag refrigerator that I bought 20 years ago when I moved into my new house. It’s still going strong and haven’t had any problems with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the filter. Knock on wood!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The refrigerator has been very dependable for over 14 years. The biggest problem we have had is failure of plastic tracks on drawers that break and had to replace drawers and other problems with plastic components like deli drawer coverlet, and door shelf door plastic. Recently we have problems with the touch control panel on front of door. Not working properly for ice dispensing and temp. control although temp is maintaining what we had set prior to failure of control panel.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Paid $900 for this side by side stainless steel model 15 years ago. Pros: performance, appearance, simplicity. Cons: none. Only 1 minor repair, and the repairman said this is 1 of only 2 makes he recommends.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Products spoiling even if set at recommended temperature. Hard to clean bottom freezer. Not happy with this configuration. Had to have repairmen in because of stopped up drain which I could not access to clean myself. Does not close completely at times.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

It looks big, but is small inside. It's hard to put in several large items. The water filter broke and too expensive to fix. I like the double doors and ice maker. I don't like the freezer drawer. It won't stay open to clean.

Maytag Refrigerators Company Information