Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Ice maker worst ever. Had throws them out all over and when done continues to spit them out. Shelving broke holding. Vegetable trays can’t hardly get them open now. Too expensive to replace. Fridge not very old.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have a Maytag refrigerator that I bought 20 years ago when I moved into my new house. It’s still going strong and haven’t had any problems with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the filter. Knock on wood!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Paid $900 for this side by side stainless steel model 15 years ago. Pros: performance, appearance, simplicity. Cons: none. Only 1 minor repair, and the repairman said this is 1 of only 2 makes he recommends.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Products spoiling even if set at recommended temperature. Hard to clean bottom freezer. Not happy with this configuration. Had to have repairmen in because of stopped up drain which I could not access to clean myself. Does not close completely at times.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

It looks big, but is small inside. It's hard to put in several large items. The water filter broke and too expensive to fix. I like the double doors and ice maker. I don't like the freezer drawer. It won't stay open to clean.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Nice refrigerator, but cheaply made. I paid 1800 with tax for my french door Maytag and expected higher durability. It operates well but one worries about breaking drawers made of such thin plastic.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We bought a Maytag refrigerator (single-door) with a top-loading freezer that failed after four years. The freezer began to ice up and two repairmen from the company that does the extended warranty repairs in the Ottawa area were unable to figure out the problem. After the second visit, the freezer iced up again and the thermostat appeared to be failing. Even though we had an extended warranty, we just gave up and went to a different dealer to buy a new refrigerator that could be delivered within three days - and it wasn't a Maytag or any other of Whirlpool's brands. If you're thinking of buying a Maytag refrigerator, you should reconsider. In fact, you should twice before buying anything made by Whirlpool.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I've had this Maytag for more than 15 years and it still works well. It's a basic fridge, no special features. Just keeps food cold or frozen. Freezer at top, fruit & veggie bins at bottom, cheese bin. No problems, good performance.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I purchased a Maytag refrigerator from a local business (Decker and Sons in Grand Rapids, Michigan). The fridge is a French door style with the freezer on the bottom and a water dispenser/ice maker in the left door. In the 19 months we've owned the unit we've had to have service three times. One time for the freezer door not shutting correctly, and two times because the refrigerator portion quit cooling (freezer was fine). Both times it was due to something breaking that defrosts the area behind the vegetable drawers.

Both times all of our food went bad. Second time it took almost two weeks to fix (Diamond was the repair service). Now, after the service, the left door doesn't shut correctly. The quality of the unit is so questionable that I hesitate to fill it back up with food. It's just plain old junk. Luckily, we purchased a five year warranty when we purchased it...but we thought the service would be performed by the shop where we bought it, but it's farmed out to other repair providers.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased a Maytag model # MRT 18 FFFHO1 refrigerator from Home Depot. After 7 months, it stopped cooling (wouldn't cool below 52 degrees). Fortunately, I had taken out a 5-year extended warranty. That's the good news. The bad news is that after numerous trips by a "certified" repair man -- and three spring/summer months without reliable refrigeration -- Home Depot promised a refund. We'll see.

Bottom line: keep looking for a refrigerator that works. I have tried GE, Frigidaire, Maytag and Sanyo. Since many of these companies are really just one inept cooperation with more names than Frank Abagnale (Catch Me If You Can), let the buyer beware! I would give Home Depot protection plan 5 stars, though. They stayed with me through thick and thin: by emails, phone calls and text messages. However, their protection plan is worth more than Home Depot's appliance products -- through no fault of theirs.

Maytag Refrigerators Company Information