Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1014 Maytag Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2019

This Maytag refrigerator is a counter depth so a little smaller in the Inside than I would like but fits in my tiny kitchen great. It has an inside water dispenser which is so nice because it keeps the clean look on the outside. It’s a year old and so far I have not had any problems with it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Have had this side by side for a long time and it is great. Have not had any problems with it. Also have had an Amana which we love as well. These are side by side and are frost free and never have to clean.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I ordered my dream refrigerator (Maytag Model MFT2776FEZ) on 05-12-2017. I had to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive because it was on back-order. I was willing to wait. All was good for 6 months. January 2018, the six month old refrigerator quit cooling. It took 2 1/2 from the service call until the part came in to fix before I could use my refrigerator again. I lost all my food. The same thing happened again in March 2018 except that it took 4 weeks for the part to come in once the serviceman ordered it. I lost all my food for a second time.

February 2019, the same thing happened again. I placed the service call on 01-31-2019 for service, but the tech could not come out until 2/6/19. The part had to be ordered and could not be installed until 2-28-2019. For the 3rd time, I've lost my food. My best friend that has appliances that are nearly 30 years old. She was going to replace all of hers and get exactly what I ordered. She has changed her mind and has decided she would rather keep her outdated appliances because they work.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We bought our refrigerator 14 months ago and it has a 10 yr limited parts warranty. Both the freezer and refrigerator quit working, right after we spent $600 in groceries. I called the warranty dept and the soonest they could get here to service it, was 9 days later 'cause they only go thru Diamond Preferred, to do the repairs. Then on the 9th day, Diamond Preferred calls to let us know that unfortunately, they can't get here to fix it until another 5 DAYS!! Two weeks with NO refrigerator and freezer, is ridiculous. They should pay another repair place to come out instead of just relying on the ONE!! Our food is now ruined, $600 worth. And to top it off, we've had to eat out costing us more money, and then once it's finally fixed, we have to go buy more groceries. I will NEVER buy a Maytag appliance, ever again!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I'm told even though my fridge is leaking water and making sizzling sound nothing can be done and my model number and serial number match the recall for this product and I was told that if my fridge catches fire then, "Call us" but to me that's ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought this Maytag refrigerator model MF 12269FRB00. It is not, user friendly, meaning that condiments and small bottles just don't fit conveniently in any space, The biggest issue is the ice maker. The ice maker shoots ice out on each and every attempt. Every time you want ice you are guaranteed to have ice shoot out of your glass on to the floor. I often challenge my guests to get ice without the cubes shooting out of the glass. No one has ever won. Don't buy this piece of crap, unless you find humor in having ice on your floor every time. Shout out to Gray's Appliance in Melrose for selling crap! I will never buy from them or Maytag again. To the engineers who designed this product, you suck too!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

On Nov 1, 2018 - 14 months after purchasing this top of the line refrigerator - the compressor broke and the freezer stopped functioning. I called Maytag Service who said the soonest they could repair it was Nov 12 - 12 days after it broke. Also they said my 10 year warranty didn't apply unless I had proof of purchase. I said I registered my product online when I bought it but they said they had no record. So they had to charge me full cost of service and parts which would be $1000-$1500.

I then called LOWE'S SERVICE ADVANTAGE - I really like Lowe's by the way - and they verified my proof of purchase and that in addition to the appliance warranty I have a 5 YEAR mechanical parts repair warranty through LOWE'S. Thank goodness I purchased the service warranty from LOWE'S because Maytag was NOT honoring theirs! So then a repair person from FAST APPLIANCE REPAIR INC came to fix the refrigerator and said because it was the compressor he couldn't repair it so I had to wait a few days later for the COMPRESSOR SPECIALIST to come out. The compressor specialist came and said he didn't have any in stock so had to order one.

Six days later - Nov 19 - the compressor arrived at my house. I called FAST APPLIANCE REPAIR and asked for someone to schedule an installation. I said I'm RETIRED and can do it any time. They said the soonest they could install it is NOVEMBER 28 - ONE MONTH AFTER IT BROKE. So now I've lost two large drawers of frozen food that spoiled. I have no refrigerator this week for my birthday and for Thanksgiving. I have to wait another 9 days to get it fixed. I am NOT HAPPY. I am sharing this experience so anyone considering buying this or any other MAYTAG product will think very carefully before making their purchase. Also, be sure to buy from Lowe's and get the Lowe's service plan for any appliance. I'll try to update this if and when my refrigerator gets repaired.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased the Maytag refrigerator MFF2055DRM on 7/7/16 new. It was suppose to be stainless steel; but now I am seeing rust spots at the top and bottom of the French doors. I clean my refrigeration weekly and find it odd that now it is rusting. Also, I am able to place magnets on the doors - which should not be for stainless steel. In addition, I spend over $100 a year replacing the mandatory filters. I must also place the setting to high to maintain my milk and juices. I must also have to place them in the very back of the refrigeration. I am a single senior and my refrigeration is not overloaded with food; nor am I constantly in and out of the refridge. Not very happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

In July, 2014. I bought brand new Maytag refrigerator with bottom freezer. After 4 years, compressor leaked, and not cooling at all. I tried to check warranty, and Whirlpool Canada said that only specific model has 10-year warranty on compressor issue and mines does not have. So frustrating. Simply don't buy Whirlpool product. This is totally garbage and not reliable company. LG or Samsung has 10-year warranty on compressor for every product.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR SAFETY ISSUE SHARP EDGE Maytag refrigerator model MRT118FFZ01 purchased Feb.2018. There is a safety issue, sharp edges. Maytag has been aware of this for over 1yr from customer reviews. I went to consumer affairs.com and there are numerous complaints on products/customer service. I have been asking for a replacement door since Feb.

On Sept. 7th I cut the palm of my hand on sharp edge, drew blood, no stitches but I was very upset. Called Maytag, transferred to the "safety" dept. sent out service tech. He reported that it was a safety issue, very sharp edge, he had to put duct tape on corner to prevent any more injuries! He requested that new doors(freezer&refrigerator door) only be sent, I do not want/need the whole unit replaced. Freezer door has sharp edge also. I have numerous emails to/from corporate office begging since Feb. for a new doors so that this would not happen! Maytag's "solution" is to "buy back refrigerator" or "I should pick another model". Neither is a "solution" for me.

I picked this model for a reason. I asked them to provide me with the simplest solution which is to contact factory where it is made, red flag it, talk to manager, quality control check to see that there are no sharp edges before it is shipped to me. They refuse to do that 1 simple common courtesy, customer service request! They cannot guarantee that door will come without a sharp edge! My model is not the only 1 with this problem. I talked to salesman & model in store has sharp edge & in the reviews the same model had sharp edge which was submitted over 1yr ago!

So Maytag has been aware of this safety issue for some time now but chooses to do nothing about it! I chose Whirlpool because of the "name", I thought it stood for quality & above all excellent customer service. Was I wrong, found that out thru numerous phone/email conversations. They just don't care! Is it too much to ask Maytag to give me a refrigerator with no safety issues?!!!

I have talked to Aaron in the corporate office, he was no help at all. His # 866-817-5404 ext **. I have all the emails to/from him. Please help, I want this same refrigerator, only model that would work for me. Now that I have had personal injury & have spent so much time/effort, aggravation since Feb. trying to have them "do the right thing" I feel that I am due monetary compensation. Bottom line this complaint is concerning a safety issue & horrible customer service from the call center to corporate offices! The Maytag name isn't what it used to be known for, quality & service.

Maytag Refrigerators Company Information