Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

827 Maytag Dishwashers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I bought a Maytag dishwasher from Home Depot August 2018 and it has leaked soapy water every 3 out of 5 times that I run it. Home Depot said they don't cover installs after 2 weeks and to directly contact the manufacturer for service. Maytag sent out a tech 3 times but they weren't able to replicate the problem, so nothing has been done to fix the dishwasher even though I've shown the tech different photos of the dishwasher leaking. The service tech said they will now charge me $90 to return, even though the dishwasher is still under warranty and not repaired! I've owned many different dishwashers (rentals and houses) without any problems. This is the first Maytag brand and it is horrible. I will never buy another Maytag and have warned all of my friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I bought a Maytag dishwasher (MDB7749SBW1) about 4 years ago. I've had to replace the wiring on the control panel each year. This is clearly a design defect, and Maytag will not take any responsibility for it. I've called each year, and am told each time that they've never received a complaint about this issue. This year I'm replacing the dishwasher. I'll never buy a Maytag product again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

It is quiet and cleans well but that's where it ends. We have had it a little over a year now, after just a few months it started leaking, fixed under warranty. Now one of the upper rack tracks is broken, it was held together with three very flimsy welds, hopefully will be getting it fixed soon. We are going to wait and see what other kind of repair it will need, I think we would have been better off to just buy a cheap dishwasher!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Our brand new Maytag front loader has a optimum (LOL) soap dispenser that can 'supposedly' wash several loads before refilling. BUT, the dispenser fills with water after one load and dilutes whatever soap is left! We talked to a authorized tech who said it was a poor design. That the unit wasn't sealed from water or it would be under vacuum. We called Maytag and they said something like, "Um well it has sensors!!" Did they explain how it would sense the diluted soap concentration? Nope. It should be replaced by MAYTAG! Knowing it is something that they sell that is defective. Right out of the gate!! The engineer should be fired, the quality department heads fired too!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Almost 2 years ago this dishwasher wouldn't drain. Fixed that $300. Then just over a year ago control panel had to be replaced. Now control panel was bad again, had to rest circuit to get it to start. I see this is a common problem. Only 2 of us in the house and the dishwasher gets used only 2-3 times a week since we purchased brand new in December 2011. Ordered the new control panel and just went to replace it, guess what. This appliance could have burnt our house down. The wiring in the door that plugs into the control panel is burnt! Not at the panel at all but a good 8" down the wiring harness. Both harnesses as well. Scared me half to death! To think it could have killed us at night, when we usually run this appliance. Definitely calling Maytag now. I do have pictures as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Started having problems summer 2017. My dishwasher leaked and tank replaced, followed by drain pump, followed by circuit board in 2017. Didn’t have use of it for months. It has started leaking again as of Sept. 17.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Purchased our dishwasher 11 months ago from Lowe's. Dishwasher has a 10 year warranty on racks and 2 other items. We are 2 adults in the household. Dishwasher is maybe used 4 times a week. Very light use! Circulation pump is bad which also took out the dishwasher solenoid. I'm not going to fix because it if only lasts a year again that is a very expensive repair. Very disappointed in this made in the USA product. That was the reason I purchased it. Made in the USA. Come on Maytag. You can do better than this!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased a brand new high end Maytag Dishwasher that did not work. It’s been two months and they still have not come to fix my dishwasher. No one cares enough to get someone here. It’s been a true nightmare dealing with their customer service representatives.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My Maytag MDB7749SAW0 Dishwasher starting acting up after around the first year. The lights on the Control Panel began to flash uncontrollably and it will run all day while I am at work. I called Maytag and they were nice but did not repair it because the warranty just ran out. The person on the phone said that it is a common problem with knob-less dishwashers, the humidity causes problems with the control panel. The cost to repair was over $300 to replace the control panel.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Pump motor went out after two years and all Maytag would do was a small discount on cheaper model. We paid over $800 for the dishwasher and to fix it was over $500 plus the 5 minute service call of over $100. Very poor customer service and a lemon of a dishwasher. Now we have a GE.

Maytag Dishwashers Company Information