Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

824 Maytag Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The Maytag dishwasher works really well. Not the quietest, but cleans thoroughly. I don't use heated drying though, to save energy. Stainless steel interior retains enough heat to mostly dry. However, unit died after only 7 years. Expected longer life.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My Maytag dishwasher is very easy to use. Saves on money and time. I enjoy it and it have made my life so much easier. When you cook for two you can be out the kitchen in no time.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought a Maytag dishwasher to match other appliances in kitchen. Work great, not loud and gets dishes clean. Have owned it for 10 years and have one problem with the door latch. But it was easy and inexpensive to replace.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Maytag dishwasher does not clean dishes. It has hot water and we have had a repairman look at it and he said water jets working. We have to wash all our dishes by hand before loading them into the dishwasher to "sanitize".

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Overall I am satisfied with my Maytag Model MDB8859AWW2. I purchased the dishwasher 06/05/201. However, the door spring squeaks. It is a grating sound.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

It doesn't clean as well as the cheap GE model we have at our beach cottage. Also it is very noisy. Disappointing. Will never buy a Maytag dishwasher again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I love my dishwasher. The only hold back is similar to what I hear about all others and that is that it takes a long time. I love that is it quiet, has lots of room and is easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We have to rinse off any food particles before we wash or it may not wash off. So I use plastic wiper before we load. Only 2 of us so items may sit 3-4 days before we run our Maytag dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I find this Maytag dishwasher just ok, nothing special. It doesn't seem to clean any better or worse than other dishwashers I have had or used in the past. It also seems to get really slimy under the inside of the door.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

This Maytag dishwasher works great if you are using as a sanitizer for your dishes so long as the dishes were soaked already. It stinks if you do not use it often and requires a lot of bleaching.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I live in a area where the water leaves spots unless you add vinegar. Maybe a attachment that could add some on the last rinse. I don't know if they could do that or not.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

At first my dishwasher worked great and I have always been really good about rinsing my dishes before I put them in. Starting a few months back I noticed my dishes were coming out gritty then all of a sudden it started backing up into our sink.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We loved the Maytag dishwasher when we first bought it. After about 5 years it started leaking. Had rubber gasket replace, only held up 2 years. This was the only problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The efficiency of cleaning even dried on foods and getting them perfectly clean and dried is unsurpassed. And the need for dishwashing soap is always at a minimal using this Maytag Dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher is at 10 years old, but is a real workhorse. This machine cleans like no other! Never worry about our dishes being clean. But we have replaced the seal once.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Maytag Dishwashers work great. It cleans well and appearance is very good. I have always trusted Maytag appliances. It's quiet running and also energy saver. If I had to replace I would stay with Maytag.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised that this basic model would work so great! It really gets the dishes clean. It came with the house so I did not choose it and probably would not have bought it if I had to shop for it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

IT A GOOD DISHWASHER, BUT I HAVE HAD 2 PROBLEMS WITH THE CONTROLS AND HAD THE CONTROL PANEL REPLACED. TWICE. The insurance I bought with the machine, sent me a jerk to fix it, I complained and they sent a good repairman.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This dishwasher is extremely quiet and very attractive in the kitchen. Easy to use and does a great cleaning job. The price was also right. Would definitely buy again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Bought a MDB7601AWW, and then replaced front panel to stainless. Configuration options are great (can’t find better at cost up to $1,200.00)! I haven’t had an issue with any stains on non-stainless tub. Problem is now control panel failing for second time. After 1st time, sealed all connections in silicone to prevent steam from affecting it, as recommended on DIY video. I just replaced the door latch, thinking that may solve it, but hard to troubleshoot without any indicator lights. This second failure (2 yrs later) shows no indication that steam or water caused it. It does start now, stuck on heavy wash, heated dry, sanitize - per top lights. Front lights totally out.

Debating whether to buy a new dishwasher ($$$) and give up super config (hard to find fold-down tines and fold-down small shelves on upper and lower racks, clips for small items, and basket that can be changed, placed anywhere) or spend at least $162 for the panel AGAIN and hope I get another 2 years from that while trusting that some other element doesn’t go out.

I believe Maytag should, at minimum, make the panel reasonably priced by offering a rebate, since the part is not sold directly through them. Obviously this problem is a design flaw. I am the only one in the house, so the dishwasher is not under heavy use. At least I found how to replace it myself on YouTube, though it requires the door to be completely taken apart and would be easier with an extra set of hands and a younger back. Hard decision since it seems newer, expensive appliances have problems as well. If I buy new, I will not hesitate to get an extended warranty (1st time ever).

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We bought our Maytag dishwasher less than 2 years ago (model MDB8969SDM0) and we are remodeling our kitchen now January 2018, and when we pulled the dishwasher out we found that the wire (12/2) had melted into the back panel. We won’t be putting this Maytag back in.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I, like SO many other people, am experiencing problems with a relatively new Maytag dishwasher. Mine is Model MDBH979SAB1. I have owned the dishwasher for 4 years but use it 6 months of the year and, because I live alone, maybe twice a week. In effect, it has the equivalent of less than a year of normal use. My problem is the same as countless other people. I can tell from how it behaves that it needs a new control board. I find little comfort in the fact that I one of several thousand people experiencing a problem with a newer Maytag appliance. What concerns me, after reading many negative reviews and seeing Maytag's response, is that Maytag does not seem to care. We need to get the word out. We need a massive boycott of Maytag. We need to hit them where it hurts: in their bottom line. Since they seem to be content to continue to put out defective products, the only way to protect consumers is to put Maytag out of business.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We bought a Maytag dishwasher 4 years ago, we had to have it serviced a few months after purchase for the soap & rinse agent dispenser not working, then a few months after warranty was up the buttons on machine wouldn't work, the control panel failed so we had to pay for a new one and install it... Well last night exactly one year from the install of the new control panel I walked into my kitchen to find it full of smoke and the dishwasher pour out smoke, when my husband came home he took the door off and sure enough the control panel was burnt and melted! Very scary. It is a very good thing I was home and this is why I never leave appliances running if I am not home.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Our control panel just went out...purchased in November 2015. From reading reviews it appears our only option is to purchase a new control panel and hope for another two years. Ours (MDB7749SBM3 Dishwasher) was purchased from Sears and was not cheap. When is Maytag going to recall this panel? I read reviews that this problem goes back to 2011.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My Maytag Dishwashers (MDB7749AWW1) control panel failed for the 2nd time. I replaced it several years ago, but this time the part cost was almost double. So instead of a recall they jack up the price to capitalize their mistake. The ribbon cable gets rusted at the bend from the steam over time. No Whirlpool or Maytag or any other products they market.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I bought your Maytag model MDB7749SBW1 dishwasher on May 22, 2013. We bought Maytag because of your reputation...not because of price. However, in September, 2014 (2 months out of warranty!!), the control panel stopped working. I called the 800 number and the best they could do is to extend the warranty for 6 months BUT only after we paid for repair and control board replacement. This is not cheap!!! We were furious. I looked if there were recalls on this model but there is not (should be). Anyway, after we paid for repairs and a new control panel put in ($160.00 +- for part itself), we were very cautious about touching anything on that dishwasher. YOU HAVE an issue with design and I can give you link after link of other customers who have expressed the same thing. So, here we are in 2017... About 2 months ago, we noticed the exact same symptoms with the control board.

In fact the ONLY way we could start the dishwasher was to turn off the breaker, let it sit for 20 minutes - overnight and then turn back on and hit the start button. We lost all control over the settings. Only auto clean and delay 2 hours were working. Yesterday, I purchased yet another control board ($179 incl tax and shipping). I plan to install myself. If I could afford another dishwasher, I would do it and never buy Maytag again. Maytag really ought to be ashamed and if they were truly concerned they would offer these defective parts at a steep discount or better yet, recall. I plan on submitting something about this issue with any consumer group I can find. I guess the only way to spread the word and perhaps force a company to respond is to post on social media anymore. This is NOT a 'like'.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I purchased a Maytag dishwasher model MDB7749AWB2 in Dec. 2011 from Home Depot after a major flood destroyed my entire first floor of my house. I had replaced a previous dishwasher only a short time before the flood. This dishwasher is JUNK. I was lucky I bought a five year extended warranty on it which actually gave me 6 years. I needed it. Within a year the control panel went. Then water started spraying out the side of door. Then it sounded like it was crushing ice every time I ran it. Then the control panel went out again. Ice noise came back again. Control panel a 3rd time. It runs for hours as it is.

Now the warranty is expired and last time I ran it the start light was blinking a few hours later. We were having high winds on and off so I thought maybe the power went on and off and that’s why it was blinking. Today I turned it on and after about 45 minutes I realized I didn’t hear it running anymore so I got up and looked and sure enough it wasn’t on. Normally the clean light is lit when done. I opened the dishwasher to see it filled with water still. I tried to hit cancel/drain but nothing works yet again. Wonderful news for a single mom that can’t afford to fix this over and over! Maytag is the worse company. Their dishwashers are horrible and they should be doing something about this as I’m not the only one that has had this issue. Home Depot was just as useless. Will NEVER buy again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Model #MDB8959SAS1 MAYTAG Dishwasher - purchased in 2014 at Home Depot. First we had to replace the rack adjuster, and after that another part broke. Finally, the electrical control board totally melted and smelled up the house. Fortunately our breaker switch worked and it didn't cause a fire. But I've read other reviews of this happening with Maytag dishwashers where there was a fire. It now resides at the landfill.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We purchased our Maytag dishwasher less than a year ago and are very disappointed with the poorly designed quality of this product. We had a Maytag repairman look at our dishwasher and he told us that; the dishwasher cleans with enzymes in the dishwasher not water pressure, and we need to make sure the water in the kitchen faucet need to be hot before starting the dishwasher, we also need detergent, rinse aid, and citric acid added to each load. Adding all these products to the dishwasher does not fix a poorly designed product. This product does not clean the dishes, even with rinse aid the glasses come out cloudy. The dishwasher has a power blast button, it does not clean the dishes any better than the regular setting and it runs for four hours. We will never buy another Maytag product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

As many other reviewers have mentioned there is a defective control panel in the Maytag Dishwasher series MDB 7749. I too purchased this model at Home Depot and did not buy the extended warranty. The serviceman indicated that this model is known for its defect yet Whirlpool who owns Maytag does not have it on its recall list. I wrote to the President twice in Sept. 2017 without the courtesy of a response and now learn that he retired effective Oct.1. Is there no-one to answer his emails or is it more likely they really don't care. Sears just dropped them and who knows where their new president will lead this company. Be aware that this model dishwasher is defective and they won't replace the control panel. Too bad as once Maytag before Whirlpool bought them out, was a good and honorable company.

Maytag Dishwashers Company Information