2.1(857)

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor
Cons
  • Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Stars Rating

• 23%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 20%
  • 57%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Reviewed April 2, 2023

After doing a ton of research we decided on the Master Spa Clarity Balance 9. So happy we went with Master Spas. Tub has a giant foot well so you can fit 9 people comfortably. Tub is also extremely easy to maintain with its eco pure filtration. Electrical costs are roughly $15-20 a month in the middle of winter and less than half of that in the summer.

Pinned

That's great to hear feedback on your spa Paul! Thanks for your time spent on reviewing!

Reviewed March 21, 2023

After doing my research and the fact that my neighbor has had a Master Spa for over 21 years, we decided to go with the Master Spa Twilight Series 7.2 (perfect in size to replace our Vita Spa). It is surrounded by a multi-level deck around 3 sides and it looks perfect right outside our Family Room! This Spa is the best as it has 36 jets, EcoPur Charge Filtration, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder Seat and an amazing Full-Body Lounger. They are the only spas to have Master Force Bio-Magnet Therapy System. And at night, the Dream Lighting delivers a soft stream of light in multi-colors or you can choose a specific one. I highly recommend the Master Spas - you will not regret it a bit!

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2022

The contractor Master Spas uses makes appointments and then cancels or finds excuses why he can’t come out that day. He Uses weather as excuse and his health as excuse to do warranty repairs or any repairs. He Overcharges on supplies and does follow through or respond to voice mail.

Pinned

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. Please email our customer service team with your spa serial number to assist you if possible. 8008607727

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2022

I was happy with the purchase process until we bought the spa. About two months after we had it, I ended up with a job transfer and we had professional movers move it. We found a local Master Spas dealer where we moved to but we found out that our warranty is voided because the spa was moved. I'm going to be filing a complaint about that because it wasn't explained ahead of time to us and I'm very disappointed. I would not have bought it from them had I known that.

Pinned

Hi Rachael, we are sorry to hear you were not informed of the warranty terms and exclusions by your dealer prior to making your move plans. Please know we have reached out to your dealer to let them know of the oversite in communication. We can understand your inconvenience.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

So a Master swim spa is actually behind me and it's leaking. It's been leaking since we got it. Three months after we got it, the jets popped off, stuff was leaking. They supposedly came to fix it. I videoed the whole visit. They did not put back the insulation. They did not fix the leak. They left the molded wood. Our electricity and water bill has been off the charts. We can't use it, obviously. They just smoked cigarettes and then they said, "We're coming back." The jets are also uneven. If you have the front ones on, the right one comes out harder on the bottom. And we weren't allowed to wet test it. The valves, also the things that you spin with your hand to adjust the speed popped off. The guy replaced those wrong so we had to put them on. We have no LED lights. The cover is horrible. It won't last you more than a couple months. We took care of it, reconditioned it, we cleaned it. It ripped all over the place. The cover hangers that lifted up into the cover lifters had to be replaced. We paid for that. We went through three sets of rollers and they're what? 800 bucks a set. The clips came off. Those are a hundred each. They come off twice. They haven't reimbursed us. They had the audacity to try to charge us for the -- we told them right off the get-go, "This is a faulty product and we want it off the property. It did property damage." And we talked to Todd at Spa Emporium, Sacramento who sold it to us and he would not help us at all. And this has been going on since we bought it over five years ago. The steps also break.
    Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Please call our customer service team, and they will be glad to assist you. 8008607727

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2022

We’re really enjoying our Master Spas. It's been a great addition. I like the jets to the lower back and my wife really likes the neck massager. It's relaxed us a lot more being able to go out in the hot tub in the evening prior to going to bed.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2022

I previously owned a Master spa that was good quality and had a really good experience with it. I got a new one and they delivered it and got everything going in just a short amount of time. They were here when they told me they would be. It worked out well. Master Spas has excellent quality. The price is higher than last year, but it is the same as everywhere else. So, I think it was a good value for the price. Also, their staff was helpful, and it was an easy transaction.

Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2022

I love my Master spa. I had shoulder surgery and it really helped me to relax. I like the shape of it. I didn't want a huge one for the space I had, and this is a triangle-shaped one. I really like that it doesn't take up as much space. I really liked the shoulder part where it really massages your shoulders. I was gonna call because my lights are only staying on blue, and they started out changing colors.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

We enjoy the Balance 8 we got from Master Spas. The jets are good. The seat placement and the waterfall are good too. I'd recommend Master Spas.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2022

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this Spa. I was going to go with a local spa dealer but ended up going with Master Spas (their sales rep Oliver is very persuasive). I regret that decision now. We had some damage to the spa upon delivery and I was never sent the new parts. When you watch their Youtube set up videos you realize they didn't give you any of the supplies to follow their instructions and they don't have any local suppliers that carry their products. Take my advice, buy local. Taking care of spas is not as simple as they make it.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback. Based on your location, the spa most likely was purchased through an independent dealer since we only sale direct in the state of Indiana and a small portion of texas. If you are encountering issues with your spa, please email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, and we would be glad to contact your dealer on your behalf to resolve the issues.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2022

I recently purchased a spa at the Denver road show on 7/8/2022, with the understanding that the spa would be delivered the following week as represented by the salesman. It is now 4 weeks later and I still do not have the spa—a perfect example of a salesman lying to get the sale. I had canceled a spa with another company because of a 4 week lead time because the salesman had committed to the delivery the following week. I have spoken to customer service at least 4 times with no resolution. Additionally, I have tried to deal with the delivery company repeatedly with no resolution. Buyer beware.

Hello Mike

If you could email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, we would be glad to assist further and reach out to the dealer on your behalf.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 27, 2022

What the is going on with these folks? The company reps are useless. We've called at least 8 times. They say they'll get back to you but never a call back. Finally got an email address to customer service. They said call the delivery company. Delivery number is not in service, can't leave a voicemail. No word on delivery time. Been in transit for over 6 weeks now. A friend of mine bought one of there tubs and said they are horrible, just throws all the plastic, cardboard and crating on the ground and leave. Wants to charge us money to take it away! I'd cancel the order if I could. "no cancelations on the agreement". This is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever had. There are a lot of really great spa's out there. Don't make my mistake. Go elsewhere.

Pinned

Hi again Marvin. In the review you left for us on Google, you mentioned that your issues were with a person named Britta and a delivery company named IntegrityOne. We here at the Master Spas factory don't have anyone named Britta so I think that may have been an employee of the retailer you purchased from. Likewise, IntergrityOne would also be a separate company and thus there's not much we can do about your complaint about them either. Issues with them or your retailer would need to be taken up with those companies. We only manufacture the product. Our customer service team here at the factory can be reached by emailing customerservice@masterspas.com or by calling (800) 860-7727.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed May 21, 2022

Chris ** is our sales agent. He is very helpful for us to decide on this swim spa. Everything went smoothly from day we purchase up to delivery. Easy installation. The jets, lights and setting the swim spa exceeded our expectations. Trainer 15 is perfect for us.

Staff

Reviewed April 26, 2022

Our experience with Master Spas couldn't have been better. The team was most helpful and the quality of the hot tub is very good. I like it. We use it once a week, but sometimes, not even that. I have recommended Master Spas if they were thinking about it.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 21, 2022

I use the spa three times a day. I am a big fan. In the beginning, it was a little daunting to try and keep the pH. But now, it’s perfect. It’s easy to do. You just have to get the hang of it. I work out all the time. So it’s great because it does help. My partner’s a runner and it helps with the leg. It’s a life changer. We purchased the spa at an expo and the local company was the expo people. We needed it delivered twice and they delivered it. Once we were done with the space it was gonna be put in, we called them, and they put it in there. They were easy to work with. But it’s weird because once you get online, you’re dealing with national MasterSpas and not the local company. Their YouTube channel is helpful. It is the most helpful thing that I got from them. Anytime we had a question, we just go to YouTube and they have a video for every single thing to do.

PricePunctuality & SpeedMaintenance

Reviewed April 12, 2022

I dealt with a representative from the distributor that has the contract for selling Master Spas, and after talking to the salesperson, it made sense to get the 8.2 hot tub. The difference in cost between the 8.2 and the one smaller than that didn't seem to be consequential enough for me not to go a bit bigger and I had the space. My 8.2 hot tub from Master Spas is well-engineered and well-thought out on how it was put together. It's got extra lighting and water features, as well as therapeutic jets. I had a couple issues when I first got it, but the dealer responded very quickly and sent a person in my house. They saw the issue. There was a small leak near the pump, and they replaced a gasket, gave me an extra gasket, and showed me how I could do that myself if I had to. I also had some issues with the Wi-Fi unit, and they came and replaced it. It's been good for six months now.

Reviewed April 11, 2022

We did some research and went different places. I thought that Master Spas was a real good quality tub from the reviews. I wanted us to buy something that was quality. We got the Twilight 8.2 and everything seems really well built. I like all its features, and I’m really happy. I am gonna call the Master Spas at Fort Wayne though. I recommended a friend to go up there and he bought a new tub from them and put me down for a referral.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed April 10, 2022

The reps from Master Spas were very good. have had experience with this particular dealer and I was very happy with the people who came out and took away the old one and installed the new one. This spa has lights and it cycles through the colors but the way that it cycles is, it flashes, it doesn't fade. And this spa doesn’t have a stereo in it unlike my first one. But I don’t miss it because I don't want to hear that noise when I'm in there anyway and if you have the jets on, you have to turn it up even more. And I don't even know how much that would even be irritating my neighbors.

I use the spa every day. It’s my meditation opportunity. I get in it in the morning, I watch the sun come up, drink my cup of coffee, and ponder what I'm gonna do all day. I almost don't like it when it gets too hot out because I don't use it as much. I leave it at a constant temperature and don't heat it up every day. That way, you're not spending the electricity to heat it up. It makes our utility bill go up in the winter though. We're in our 60s and we have aches and pains, and a massage cost $80 for an hour. So, if I’m spending extra $50 a month on my electric bill for a few months, that's very well worth it.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 9, 2022

The reps did a good job, and the spa has everything I wanted. I wanted a lounge chair and it's a six-person tub. The pricing was good too. It might have been last year's model, but I got it for 13,000 and it was selling retail for 24,000. I love my spa. I use it four times a week on average, and I like sitting in the lounge chair because that covers my whole body. The spa is on my back patio but I built a hot tub house around it. It's enclosed so it's private. That’s super nice.

The spa was supposed to come with steps and they didn't have any when they delivered it. Now, I got this little ladder and that works really good. It’s easy to step in and out of the spa with that. I'm trying to call Master Spas to cancel the steps because they're supposed to give them to me when they come in. I talked to the people out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I paid for the steps, and I’d like to get reimbursed for them because I don't want them anymore.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed April 8, 2022

When we purchased the Precision 8 hot tub, we had a delivery month. Ultimately, there was a delay in a lot of things, with production and materials, but overall, we had a great experience. They came out, installed our spa, and educated us. After delivery, they did a follow up to see if we had any questions. Everything was okay. The cost is very competitive to the others out there, and we love the spa. It's high quality, and we haven’t had any issues. We've been in that spa for quite a bit, and that's been our highlight. Everybody wants to come over.

Price

Reviewed April 7, 2022

Master Spas was easy to work with, and I would definitely recommend them. The purchasing experience was fantastic. From what I was told about the delivery, it went really smooth. The quality of the tub is really good for the price point too.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 6, 2022

We absolutely loved everything about hot tub. It's awesome, but right now, we are having terrible withdrawal pains. We relocated to another city and had to put it in storage while we're building our house. We got the Twilight series. It has a number and variety of jets and the ability to adjust the pressure from them, and on top of that, it’s just so nicely made, and such good quality. We looked at every other competitor before we bought that, and it seemed to be, by far, the best value. We ordered it on my wife’s birthday, which was March 8, and we didn’t have the hot tub installed until October 29. We hated waiting that long, but the people at Atlas Spas were exceptional. This is our second Master Spas that we have bought from them, and we’ve always had great service from them. The company that did the installation is also the company that we hired to do the move, and they did an excellent job. Atlas is a good representative for Master Spas.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 3, 2022

I am absolutely disappointed in the service I have received from your company. I received my hot tub Jan 21st (after a lot of run around and being ignored) and it didn't come with a cover. I was told it would be shipped out 1-2 weeks later. I asked if we could cancel it so I could buy one locally and they said no, it's already been ordered. I kept asking my rep and his manager where it was and didn't ever hear back. I finally got upset and yelled at someone on the phone and he helped me. The cover was never ordered. It is now April! After getting upset with Dallas the manager, I asked to be compensated in some way, like a free cover, and was ignored. 2 weeks later it came and FedEx tore a huge hole through the cover. This was 2 weeks ago and I still can not get ahold of Dallas or anyone to even order me a new one. If I don't get helped soon I will take legal action. This is absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Pinned

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. Your review has been forwarded to our customer care team so they can look into this situation. This response will be updated with more information soon.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 31, 2022

It's been wonderful ever since we bought our tub. They dropped it off and I installed it myself. Our tub has a high jet in it and three different lights. After a long day's worth of work, we relax a bit in it. It's comfortable and it's perfect for two people. We enjoy it. Master Spas has checked to see how everything has gone. The people are really good to work with. They're very kind and they were right on time with the delivery. I recommend them. Anybody should have this experience and they would enjoy themselves quite a bit.

StaffEase of Use

Reviewed March 19, 2022

Jeff was the main guy at Master Spas and he was great. He stopped by and looked at our area because he didn't live far from us. He was really to the point, which was what I wanted when I went in. We love our tub. It's easy to use and take care of. I like having it available and ready whenever we want to use it. It is also maintaining the temperature.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 17, 2022

On 8/9/2020 we purchased a Master Spa swim pool and spa models TS 8.2 and Trainer 15D at one of those "Spa Shows" that came to town. We paid upfront (even though the contract says "Payable upon delivery") and were told it would be a few weeks before our units could be delivered. "Standard Delivery" is what is stated. Here we are 10 months later and we still don't have our pool/spa.

After MONTHS of delays and avoided phone calls a delivery person called with a couple of delivery dates when we were not available. I gave several windows of opportunity over several months and STILL...no delivery. The last time I called I was told "No refunds, no cancellations, tough luck". If this issue remains unresolved in the next few weeks, I will be seeking legal action for a full refund of my $35,000 plus interest and any punitive damages as allowed in my state. There is no reason whatsoever I should have to wait nearly a year for delivery of something I paid for upfront. Now here we are well into 2022 and STILL no swimsteps or reimbursement and our swim spa is still inoperable with ZERO sign of help from Master Spa.

Pinned

Hi James. Thank you for reaching out about this. Our customer service team is looking into this situation. I'll be updating this response when I have an update.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 10, 2022

The Clarity spa was the right size and within our budget. It has jets all over the place. We need to look at some of the jets though. They’re coming unscrewed. But overall, it holds the temperature. It's quite nice. It gives us a place to communicate and hang out as a family without our cellphones in our hands. The showroom gal was very knowledgeable and the team that installed was very efficient. It was a very cold day in Wisconsin. Master Spas is receptive as I reached out. However, the follow-up has been minimal. It would have been nice to have a follow-up call from them on the day of installation to see if we had any questions, and even a couple of weeks later. We didn't have the electric hooked up right away so the day that we put water in it, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 3, 2022

I love my Master Spas. It's a very nice spa and I'm very pleased, especially with the service and the information I've been able to get through the internet from Master Spas' website. I've been through all the videos to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. The installation was excellent. They showed up on the day they said they were going to. Then, I had a problem, my electrician went into the hospital. So, they had to get me an electrician and he came out and did a superb job. Their reps were also very helpful. When I had questions, I'd walk into the shop, and if he was busy, I'd wait, and then he'd answer all my questions and tell me the quick shortcuts.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2022

I liked the looks of the Master Spas product, and the price was right. I got a four-person spa, and it does very well. I'm very happy with it. This is the second spa that I've had, and I'm pretty familiar with them. I like this one. It's very well insulated and it's handled everything pretty well so far. The delivery was delayed about twice as long as it was promised, but I don't really hold that against them because of the problems we've had with the pandemic and the supply shortages.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2022

I love the low profile and the size of the spa, which is important because we have it inside a four-season sunroom. Also, I really like the overall quality of it. We use it five days a week and we love it.

Master Spas Company Information