4.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

550 Master Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 8, 2019

Master Spas' CLS Balance 7 has all the features we want. We like its price too. We got one and it has been great so far. The size is enough for our family. I wanted one chair that would work on my neck and shoulders with the higher jets and it has that feature. We've had to call them with a couple of questions though as the lights weren't working properly. Still, service came pretty quickly and they fixed our issues.

Master Spas response

Hi Alice! Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to hear that your experiences with your spa and our service team have been positive ones. Thanks again for the kind feedback! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I looked at a few companies and I liked the Master Spas Clarity 7 design. It looked like the design was really well and the filter was out of the way so it didn't protrude in the use of the spa. It would be nice if Master Spas had an all-in package going forward, saying like, “Here’s your spa, here’s the cover for it. Here’s all the other stuff you need for it too.” Instead of like, “Here’s the price.” And then, all of a sudden, you start adding on to it. But I like the spa. I got a good value for it.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We enjoyed Master Spas' design and the quality of the product. We purchased a small, three-person spa at a local retailer. The manufacture of the unit is very good, fit and finish. The control panel is nice. Also the, cost is reasonable. The unit is on the low-end of the value scale but well-worth it. Master Spas is doing a great job. They should keep up what they are doing.

Master Spas response

Thank you, John! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your hot tub! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We liked the Clarity Spa's appearance, size and the number of jets. We were impressed that it had either two or three motors. We looked around at a sale event and then we talked to the Master Spas sales person, made our decision and he did the paperwork. The lady who scheduled the delivery was really helpful because we had the person come out to check the specs, and then we had a lot of work to do and it took us a year on our part to do it. The tub is of good quality. We use the hot tub four days a week.

Master Spas response

Thanks, Julie! We're happy to hear that you're able to get so much use out of your spa! We appreciate your feedback very much.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

At the time we bought it I thought that Master Spas was the most economical solution to what we were trying to achieve. But then I’m a maintenance sort of guy, and I’m disappointed with the design of the hot tub from a maintenance point of view. Where we live, it gets very cold in the winter and we have to drain our hot tub. So twice a year, I have to take the cover off, put it back on and I have to get access to the pump drain and the tub drain to drain the tub.

With my old tub, all I did was unhook one pipe and the tub would drain. And the drain for the pump was right there, easily accessible. On this hot tub, I don’t know if I even drained it properly this winter. I’m waiting till the spring. The drain plugs are in the back of the pump. You can’t get your hand in to undo the drain plugs. So the ones that I did get undone. It was a struggle. The other one, I just couldn’t get. This coming spring when we go to turn it on, I may have a frozen pump that I have to deal with. I’m also disappointed that I’m sitting all winter wondering whether I’m gonna have a major issue with my tub next year.

The face cover of my old tub came off easily. This one, the cover on the side of the tub wouldn’t go back on. There were no screws. You have to bend it or something like that to get it to sit onto the hot tub. I don’t have the room to do that. My old tub also has a cedar siding. I undid two screws and it lifted off. It was set into my deck. So, the only way I can get it off is lift it straight up. Master Spas just have guides down the side that you have to bend to slide it in. It just doesn’t work. It's a very poor design. For a couple of bucks, they could’ve put levers on that space panel that would’ve allowed me to undo it, pull it off, and no issue at all. So I was forced to cut the edge of the front panel off to try to get it to slide in. That also didn’t even work because the channels are so tight against it.

So the next thing I’ve done is cut the channels back so that I can lay it flat against the hot tub. But it’s not secured. So from that perspective I’m extremely disappointed. They are building these things everyday and sending them all over North America and Canada. And if it’s going to Canada, you gotta be able to drain it easily, comfortably in five minutes, not spend an hour fighting with hoses and tubes. When I was setting it up, I was also disappointed and the dealer didn’t send anybody out to do it for me. They just brought it out, dropped it on the pad and left. It was up to me or my electrician to do it.

I sent an email to the dealer and asked them to pass it on the hot tub people. Nobody has ever come back to me.I may be fighting with my dealer in the spring over this. But as far as sitting in it in the summertime, it’s lovely and very nice. But if my next-door neighbor was looking for hot tub, I would say to check on the installation and the maintenance. And I wouldn’t recommend Master Spas to anybody in our situation.

Master Spas response

Hi Bob! Thanks for reaching out with your concerns about your spa. I've forwarded your information to our customer care team - in fact, I believe they've already reached out to you to discuss these issues with you further. Thank you for your honest feedback - we appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I happened to see Master Spas at a show and I liked the product and the price. They were better than what I've seen from others. I bought the Ochos hot tub from them. I like its size and electrical requirements. It also has the standard jets and lighting. I installed the tub myself and it was very easy to work with. Their team answered all my questions and took care of all my concerns. The tub is a great value for the price and I enjoy it a lot.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I purchased a CLS Precision 7 Master Spas hot tub and I really like the layout. The reps were also really nice and honest. They've got about five other hot tubs and they talked about all the features. They explained everything well and told me where I could go in Alberta to get one. They hooked me up with a dealer. We've been happy with the tub so far. I use it every day. It's relaxing and I really enjoy it. I would recommend it to any of my friends, and I would definitely buy another one.

Master Spas response

So happy to hear that, Mark! We love hearing that our customers have had such positive experiences when purchasing and using their hot tub! Thank you so much for the kind feedback. We appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have the Clarity 7 from Master Spas. Their reps have been really helpful. I had maintenance issues at the start and I got some good coaching from them. Everything seems to be going well now. Thus far, I've been liking the two pumps, the lights and the large footwell. I recommend this tub. It makes it more relaxing at home.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The dealer sold me a spa and switched it with a demo model that was damaged. Master Spas has no control over this. Dealer would not repair or replace. Master Spas has no control over this. Back order on cover and steps for three months. Master Spas has no control over this. The plastic surround cover for the entire spa has fallen out of the metal retainers. I now have wood screws in every panel to keep the snow out. Master Spas has no control over this. Dealer has no more response to my inquiries after the check cleared except to allow me to drive for 3 hours one way to get my steps before they were given or sold to someone else. Master Spas has no control over this. My electric bill is up 25% every month since the spa was installed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have the Twilight Series from Master Spas. Compared to my previous tub, this one is much better. I like the oscillating jets it has as well as the size of the tub. I've got a bad back so from a physical therapy standpoint, this tub has helped me quite a bit. I use it several times a week.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was looking through different companies online and saw a lot of good ratings on Master Spas Twilight Series. I ended up seeing it, from price to quality and parts that come on it, and just chose that one. I used another tub before and I'm happier with the Master Spa product. Their team was fantastic, good guys and were there on the ball. The quality of the hot tub has been good so far. I had a little warranty issue but it was taken care of right away. They had the part in stock, I put it in myself, and it was very easy. It's only been a few months but I'm enjoying the tub so I'm very happy.

Master Spas response

Happy to hear that, Vince! Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We're very pleased with Master Spas. We got a Twilight and it's a very nice hot tub. We went to the showroom and looked at the tubs, and it was the one we liked. We were also looking for a very small spa. We had a very small place to put it. And the Twilight is kind of a triangle-shaped spa and it suited our needs. It's got the LED lights, the waterfall and the big foot blaster. We've also like the bio filter. It's got the zinc in the filter and it's very easy to maintain. Our Twilight got a really beautiful shell. And it's a really nice-looking spa in addition to the features and the jets. We had a challenging experience getting it up on a deck. It took two hours. But the installers walked us through all of the functions, the keypad and how to operate. It's simple and intuitive, though.

We couldn't be happier with our new hot tub. After we bought it, we did a lot of research and then started seeing all the reviews. We walked in to look at a spa, and we walked out with this thing. It was sight unseen because they didn't have the actual spa at the location they're at. So, the next day, we drove down to their other location and physically saw it, and we've been very pleased with it. All the reviews for Master Spas have been positive. And the one review that was bad is more about the dealer than the actual spa. We watched videos of the factory tours, and we're very impressed with what appears to be really high quality. We feel like if we were gonna put some money into one, we wanted one that's gonna last, and we think this is gonna be the one. We felt really good after we bought it. We went into this with a $5,000 budget, and our Twilight was eight. So, it was more than what we wanted to spend. But after having an experience with a spa of lesser quality in the past, my wife and I both knew and looking at this one and the features and the jets, it's an upgraded spa. It feels like it's more of a high-end.

Master Spas response

That's great to hear, Peter! We really appreciate your kind feedback - and we're so thrilled to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your spa so much! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

my husband and I purchased a hot tub from a show. We were told by someone claiming to be the owner of Master Spas how amazing the company was. How customer service was top notch. How they had a local warehouse in Beaverton OR etc. We did some research and didn’t find anything to be untrue. Now a year later spa is in place and a nightmare.

Just a month after owning it we started having problems. Electrical. Filtering. The cabinet. It’s all garbage. If my husband wasn’t handy the thing would be an expensive yard ornament. We have called customer service over and over. No return calls. If and when we talk to someone there’s no one local with the company to help us. We get referred out to other spa companies here. Of course that comes with a high price and horrible customer service. I wish we had never made this purchase and gone with the truly local honest retailer. BUYER BEWARE. I’m actually going to seek counsel on this due to $7k not being a small amount for a hunk of junk and no recourse to make it right if that’s even possible.

Master Spas response

Hi Sarah. Thanks for reaching out. Our corporate Customer Service Supervisor is looking into this situation and should be reaching out to you sometime today. We appreciate the honest feedback!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a Clarity 7 hot tub from Master Spas. It was a clearance model but I purchased it for its value and features. It was a perfect size based on where we were trying to put the hot tub. Their customer service was better. They didn't try to sell me something that they were wanting to get rid of. They listened to what I was after and showed me what I was wanting. And the quality of their hot tub was a lot better. So far, everything went well. I use it four or five times a week and I like the lounge seat.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that, Jeff! We love hearing that our customer's have had such positive experiences. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I’m in construction, I work hard, so I got the Master Spas Balance 7 tub for therapeutic purposes. Purchase went well. The salesman was very knowledgeable. I told him what I wanted, and he was able to show me what was available. Price-wise, the tub is worth it. I really like the look of it and the one seat for my back and my shoulders and the lounge is comfortable too. There is one issue I had with it, though. It says that this model is a six-man tub, but when you put four people in it, it’s overflowing and the water is over the controls. Despite that, I’d still recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We bought a Twilight from Master Spas, and we went with that model mainly because we knew it was in-stock in the warehouse. We went to a location that has been recommended to us and they happen to carry Master Spas. We had to wait for the hot tub but that was fine. We expected that, and it has the colors and interior and the exterior that we wanted. The Twilight has colored lights, a little waterfall, and lots of jets. We are happy with it other than the outside where it’s housed, there’s a couple panels and we're still waiting for them to come over and look at them. The panels seemed to be cut short, so in the cold they're shrinking and they popped out. Our hot tub's cost was way too much, but you pay what you get. And it’s been awesome for my arthritis. Also, my husband has bad knees, and it’s helped his knees and his shoulders. That’s what we were looking for.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The experience with Master Spas was great. We liked the two loungers on it and then the shoulder massage seat. But what we really loved was the really quiet recirculation pump. Also the spa has a sound system which we really probably wouldn’t have bought, except that that’s what they have in stock. We don’t use it a whole lot, but it’s still kinda nice have it there. The spa also is a couple of inches deeper than pretty much everybody else, and we’re fairly tall. We really enjoy it. It pretty much still gets used at least once every night. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This is my first hot tub and that's why I was doing a lot of shopping and research. I had a list of what I wanted and didn’t want, and Master Spas was able to line it all up. When I went into the showroom, I said I want a lot of space, like for a family of four. So right away, they showed me one that was nice and spacious. The person in the showroom knew his product and they had the right product for me. Some of those that I looked at were either just online or if I went into the showroom, they had a couple of models there but not the ones I wanted. I needed to see the one I was buying. The model I got was actually not on the floor. It was out in the back but they were able to show it to me.

The two people I dealt with were great too. There was someone working at the desk and when I went in there during the weekend, she answered some general questions. She asked how urgently I wanted it or whether I kicking tires, and I said no. I was looking to make a purchase within the next week because I had done my research. Then the manager came out, asked me some more questions and showed me the right one. It took about an hour from start to finish.

The delivery from Master Spa was also fast, which was what they promised to do. It was fantastic. The guys dropped the spa and there was no problem. It would’ve been better to know a little bit more about the electrical hook-ups and the startup though. They’re selling the hot tub but it's up to the homeowner to have the electrical and it’s a big part of the installation. They could have even recommended a contractor. So Master Spas could have done a better job with that. But it wasn’t too bad. I was able to get someone over to my house, run the wire ahead of time and get it hooked up.

Now, we pretty much use the hot tub every other day. It's four times a week with, usually, at least two of us in it. I’ve got my wife and two kids. Sometimes, my teenager goes in by himself or with friends. It’s relaxing. Besides the health benefits, it’s good for stress and also just for fun, hanging out and having a couple of drinks. On the weekends especially, it’s good to chill out in there. We’ve had friends and family over already too, especially over Christmas. I’ve also already recommended Master Spas.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My Master Spas tub has everything I need and so far its quality has been fine. Their reps have been very good too.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We purchased ours at the Spa and Swim Spa Show in San Diego. They told us they would deliver the next day but not to fret, they would return to place the spa on its deck for no charge once we had built one. This was not the case. They refused to honor their word. Also, upon delivery, 2 corners were unattached and a vent was missing.

Master Spas response

Hi again Joe. I know I've already given you the contact information for our corporate Customer Service department, but I will also be sending them your contact information that was included in this review. They should be reaching out to you soon regarding these issues. Unfortunately since the company that you purchased your spa from is a completely separate company from ours, there's not a lot that we can do - however we'd be happy to talk through the various ways that we could help in this situation. Thank you for the honest feedback.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We have an eight-man Master Spas with the waterfall and a spout. We went to the show and we decided that we were gonna buy one because we found one we liked in our price range. The sales rep was knowledge, very personable and very relatable. And we love the tub. We're in it all the time. It was a great investment. We're very happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Go look into Master Spas. It is a good product. I purchased a hot tub and I love it. It's hot and it massages my whole back. It's very relaxing. I've used hot tubs a lot and I think this is very good quality. I would like the speakers for the stereo to be a little louder though. You can't hear it so much with all the noise of the hot tub. But the representatives I dealt with did great and the delivery experience was perfect. The people brought it right in, set it right up and did everything right. The two of them were excellent.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We got a spa from Master Spas to replace an Elite Spa that we had that we purchased in 2006. I like this new one better. I like the pump system and the filtration system. I like that we don't have a lounger because it was kind of a useless thing for us. I like the lights, and it's very quiet. But there could be more programs for the lights. I purchased the spa at Bluewater Pools in Windsor. The salesperson was very helpful, and I had a good experience with them. The installation was a snap. They took the old one out and put the new one in. I hooked up the electrical, filled it up, and we are up and running in about three hours. I also bought a second filter. So, monthly, we swap them out and then put the filter and clean it with a TSP solution. So, that way, the spa is not down for any length of time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

There was an exposition in our area and Master Spas had good salesmen there. Compared to other companies, the Master Spas tub are $1,000 or $2,000 lower. Their team was good as well and they delivered when they said they would. Everything was as it was presented to us. However, I had no idea that I couldn't get the parts in Canada. Had I known that, I may have chosen a different person. I'm rather disappointed because the products are expensive enough but then UPS fines me with a giant brokerage fee. The products I ordered was $200 US and I'm paying in Canadian dollars then adding $75 worth of brokerage fees plus GST. What should have been a $200 order became $400 very quickly. It was a complete surprise that I'm paying about 40% more for the products that I ordered than I had anticipated paying.

UPS said there's nothing Master Spas can do but that they have control of the package. Unless, I feel like traveling an hour and a half in the opposite direction to go clear it myself and then go to UPS' warehouse. That was the first time that I've had to order and I would like to continue to order parts from Master Spas, but if I can source them elsewhere then I will because I don't wanna get hit with a $60 brokerage fee plus taxes. Master Spas should really consider choosing a reputable dealer that can allow Canadians purchasing for the parts and services without giving huge money to UPS. Other than that, I'm quite happy with the overall quality of my Clarity Spa. The water is nicer and I like the EcoPur filters too. The spa has great impact in my life.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I was very taken with this spa when I first saw it and when I talked to the guy who was trying to sell it to us, I liked what he had to say. I also liked the pricing of it. Everything worked out. We were hoping that it would also all work out fine in the future and so it did. I'm very happy with it. First of all, the jets are amazing. We were used to a very old spa where it was basically like sitting in warm soup. Now, we’re sitting in a spa that, if you’re not holding on, will blow you out of it. The jets are incredible. That’s really cool. The second thing is that I like the layout of the spa. We picked the layout but it’s a great spa for us because the layout is perfect for us. Thirdly, I’m amazed with how it keeps itself clean with me actually doing very little to it. I put a little bit of chlorine cups in a floater that floats around the hot tub and I basically do nothing else. It takes care of itself. It’s amazing. It's the best hot tub we’ve ever owned.

We’d love to use the hot tub more. But this is in a second property so we’re only using it once every couple of weeks in the wintertime and probably weekly in the summertime. It's not nearly often enough that we use it. The installation had been simple too. I had the spa delivered and it was installed the same day. There were no problems. I can’t say enough about Master Spas and how they looked after the spa's quality. The service was excellent. I would tell others to do it and make the purchase.

Resolution response: Jan. 31, 2019

Our local dealer has repaired our spa. I’m content that our issues have been resolved and our MasterSpa is now working. Thank you to the individual who came out yesterday evening to make this happen. I would consider upgrading my review of MasterSpa to 3 Stars as a result of their expedited service yesterday evening (less than a day of my review). However, I’m disappointed that I had to resort to posting a bad review in order to receive a call from MasterSpa’s headquarters and our local dealer. Customer service shouldn’t be this difficult.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I’m a proud owner of an expensive piece of junk that no longer runs! We own a MasterSpa that was purchased less than a year ago (April 2018) in Central Texas. We live in Austin, TX. First time we had issues with the spa it took THREE MONTHS for the repair to happen after repeated calls to local dealer AND the headquarters in Fort Wayne, IN. It was brand new and LED lights were not working. It’s now January 2019. The spa started shooting water everywhere from the foot blaster control knob and after a few minutes the spa stopped working. It no longer operates, it does not turn on. Every time I call to schedule a repair I’m told that someone will call me back but no one ever does. DO NOT BUY a MasterSpa because if ANYTHING goes wrong with it there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Master Spas response

Hi Cindy. Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I've forwarded this review along with all of your contact information to our Customer Service Supervisor. Someone from our team should be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for the honest feedback - we appreciate it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought the Balance 7 from Master Spas. It's the Clarity Spa and it has 38 jets. I chose it for the size, considering the space that I have on my backyard. It also fits six people and I have a family with four so it fits more than enough. It’s one more thing for us to keep the kids outside the house. They want to play video games so we would go to the hot tub and have some fun. It’s a good time for the family. But it was not cheap. It was more than $10,000. The people we dealt with there were very good though. Then the thing we really like the most with the hot tub is the filter. It can clean the water. The EcoPur Charge Water Purification System is a good one.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Purchasing from Master Spas was convenient. They had a sale going on at the fair grounds so it made it super-easy to go down there instead of all the way out a little farther to where their actual showroom is. The Master Spas team was very patient ‘cause my husband and I were discussing whether or not we really wanted to spend money since it was very expensive compared to what we had before. We wanted to make sure what we were purchasing was what we really wanted and we were also debating between a number of different units. They were very informative as well. They were really helpful on explaining the differences between the three that we were looking at, and that really helped us determine where we were gonna spend our money.

We used to have a soft tub that had 4 jets, had no seats, and looked like a round circle pool. Our new hot tub is phenomenal compared to that and it's completely different. It is a three-seater and it has a lounge and two seats. It also has 30 jets and is super comfortable to sit in. We use it numerous times a week. I love it ‘cause it’s very therapeutic. After I get home from the gym, it really helps if I'm a little sore. Literally, we find that we’re not spending as much time as well. The jets come on for 15 minutes and when it shuts off, we’re done. I feel like a wet noodle. Whereas with the soft tub, I would spend sometimes a half an hour to 45 minutes in there trying to get loosened up. So, the Master Spas tub has really helped my husband and I.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that you and your husband are enjoying your spa, Katie! Thank you so much for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Master Spas' tub was perfect for what we needed. It was the size we're looking for. We purchased one and it's been good so far. It has some jets and a little water feature. However, we were having issues getting the pH of the water balanced so we dealt with somebody who was in our area. Anytime we've ever dealt with anybody regarding the tub, it has been a pleasant experience.

Master Spas response

We're happy to hear that, Leah! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The price was right with Master Spas and I saw a blurb on Hot Tub University that kind of gave them a good rating. I ended up purchasing their 7.5 Healthy Living hot tub and it was a good deal. It has 48 massaging jets and bucket seats, and so far, I’ve detected a little electrical flare going on. It’s brief and once that odor kind of gets out there, it hangs around for a little bit. I’ve experienced that twice but I’m not sure if that’s an issue with the hot tub. Other than that, their reps would do anything during the sale. But when it came to their aftersales, their team needs to get schooled.

On delivery day, I was supposed to get my hot tub delivered on the 18th but I got no word from them the day before or anything to confirm that they were gonna be delivering it. So I had to call them and they got back with me saying that they were tied up and would bring it later. And they did but they brought it almost at dark-thirty. Then, since I was a new hot tub owner, I called them about my filter that worked for 24 hours straight for about a week. And they just told me to read the manual. But the manual is jacked up and you have to be a programmer to understand it. In the end, I figured it out. Still, I wasn’t too pleased with their aftermarket care.

I used to work for Ford Motor Company and half of our problems was due to dealerships that didn’t deal with the customer properly after they sold them the vehicle. And I would have liked to see Master Spas give me a day's notice and confirm the appointment when they were delivering my hot tub. They should've let me know that it was happening and they should've done some follow-up. They should've also called me back in a couple of days to see how everything was going after they learned that I was a new hot tub owner.

Master Spas Company Information