4.1/5 (846 reviews)
Live agent

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

Cons

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Bottom Line

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I previously owned a Master spa that was good quality and had a really good experience with it. I got a new one and they delivered it and got everything going in just a short amount of time. They were here when they told me they would be. It worked out well. Master Spas has excellent quality. The price is higher than last year, but it is the same as everywhere else. So, I think it was a good value for the price. Also, their staff was helpful, and it was an easy transaction.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I love my Master spa. I had shoulder surgery and it really helped me to relax. I like the shape of it. I didn't want a huge one for the space I had, and this is a triangle-shaped one. I really like that it doesn't take up as much space. I really liked the shoulder part where it really massages your shoulders. I was gonna call because my lights are only staying on blue, and they started out changing colors.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

We enjoy the Balance 8 we got from Master Spas. The jets are good. The seat placement and the waterfall are good too. I'd recommend Master Spas.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this Spa. I was going to go with a local spa dealer but ended up going with Master Spas (their sales rep Oliver is very persuasive). I regret that decision now. We had some damage to the spa upon delivery and I was never sent the new parts. When you watch their Youtube set up videos you realize they didn't give you any of the supplies to follow their instructions and they don't have any local suppliers that carry their products. Take my advice, buy local. Taking care of spas is not as simple as they make it.

Master Spas response

Thank you for your feedback. Based on your location, the spa most likely was purchased through an independent dealer since we only sale direct in the state of Indiana and a small portion of texas. If you are encountering issues with your spa, please email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, and we would be glad to contact your dealer on your behalf to resolve the issues.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I recently purchased a spa at the Denver road show on 7/8/2022, with the understanding that the spa would be delivered the following week as represented by the salesman. It is now 4 weeks later and I still do not have the spa—a perfect example of a salesman lying to get the sale. I had canceled a spa with another company because of a 4 week lead time because the salesman had committed to the delivery the following week. I have spoken to customer service at least 4 times with no resolution. Additionally, I have tried to deal with the delivery company repeatedly with no resolution. Buyer beware.

Hello Mike

If you could email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, we would be glad to assist further and reach out to the dealer on your behalf.

Original review: May 27, 2022

What the is going on with these folks? The company reps are useless. We've called at least 8 times. They say they'll get back to you but never a call back. Finally got an email address to customer service. They said call the delivery company. Delivery number is not in service, can't leave a voicemail. No word on delivery time. Been in transit for over 6 weeks now. A friend of mine bought one of there tubs and said they are horrible, just throws all the plastic, cardboard and crating on the ground and leave. Wants to charge us money to take it away! I'd cancel the order if I could. "no cancelations on the agreement". This is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever had. There are a lot of really great spa's out there. Don't make my mistake. Go elsewhere.

Master Spas response

Hi again Marvin. In the review you left for us on Google, you mentioned that your issues were with a person named Britta and a delivery company named IntegrityOne. We here at the Master Spas factory don't have anyone named Britta so I think that may have been an employee of the retailer you purchased from. Likewise, IntergrityOne would also be a separate company and thus there's not much we can do about your complaint about them either. Issues with them or your retailer would need to be taken up with those companies. We only manufacture the product. Our customer service team here at the factory can be reached by emailing customerservice@masterspas.com or by calling (800) 860-7727.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Chris ** is our sales agent. He is very helpful for us to decide on this swim spa. Everything went smoothly from day we purchase up to delivery. Easy installation. The jets, lights and setting the swim spa exceeded our expectations. Trainer 15 is perfect for us.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Our experience with Master Spas couldn't have been better. The team was most helpful and the quality of the hot tub is very good. I like it. We use it once a week, but sometimes, not even that. I have recommended Master Spas if they were thinking about it.

Original review: April 11, 2022

We did some research and went different places. I thought that Master Spas was a real good quality tub from the reviews. I wanted us to buy something that was quality. We got the Twilight 8.2 and everything seems really well built. I like all its features, and I’m really happy. I am gonna call the Master Spas at Fort Wayne though. I recommended a friend to go up there and he bought a new tub from them and put me down for a referral.

Original review: April 8, 2022

When we purchased the Precision 8 hot tub, we had a delivery month. Ultimately, there was a delay in a lot of things, with production and materials, but overall, we had a great experience. They came out, installed our spa, and educated us. After delivery, they did a follow up to see if we had any questions. Everything was okay. The cost is very competitive to the others out there, and we love the spa. It's high quality, and we haven’t had any issues. We've been in that spa for quite a bit, and that's been our highlight. Everybody wants to come over.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Master Spas was easy to work with, and I would definitely recommend them. The purchasing experience was fantastic. From what I was told about the delivery, it went really smooth. The quality of the tub is really good for the price point too.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I am absolutely disappointed in the service I have received from your company. I received my hot tub Jan 21st (after a lot of run around and being ignored) and it didn't come with a cover. I was told it would be shipped out 1-2 weeks later. I asked if we could cancel it so I could buy one locally and they said no, it's already been ordered. I kept asking my rep and his manager where it was and didn't ever hear back. I finally got upset and yelled at someone on the phone and he helped me. The cover was never ordered. It is now April! After getting upset with Dallas the manager, I asked to be compensated in some way, like a free cover, and was ignored. 2 weeks later it came and FedEx tore a huge hole through the cover. This was 2 weeks ago and I still can not get ahold of Dallas or anyone to even order me a new one. If I don't get helped soon I will take legal action. This is absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Master Spas response

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. Your review has been forwarded to our customer care team so they can look into this situation. This response will be updated with more information soon.

Original review: March 31, 2022

It's been wonderful ever since we bought our tub. They dropped it off and I installed it myself. Our tub has a high jet in it and three different lights. After a long day's worth of work, we relax a bit in it. It's comfortable and it's perfect for two people. We enjoy it. Master Spas has checked to see how everything has gone. The people are really good to work with. They're very kind and they were right on time with the delivery. I recommend them. Anybody should have this experience and they would enjoy themselves quite a bit.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Jeff was the main guy at Master Spas and he was great. He stopped by and looked at our area because he didn't live far from us. He was really to the point, which was what I wanted when I went in. We love our tub. It's easy to use and take care of. I like having it available and ready whenever we want to use it. It is also maintaining the temperature.

Original review: March 17, 2022

On 8/9/2020 we purchased a Master Spa swim pool and spa models TS 8.2 and Trainer 15D at one of those "Spa Shows" that came to town. We paid upfront (even though the contract says "Payable upon delivery") and were told it would be a few weeks before our units could be delivered. "Standard Delivery" is what is stated. Here we are 10 months later and we still don't have our pool/spa.

After MONTHS of delays and avoided phone calls a delivery person called with a couple of delivery dates when we were not available. I gave several windows of opportunity over several months and STILL...no delivery. The last time I called I was told "No refunds, no cancellations, tough luck". If this issue remains unresolved in the next few weeks, I will be seeking legal action for a full refund of my $35,000 plus interest and any punitive damages as allowed in my state. There is no reason whatsoever I should have to wait nearly a year for delivery of something I paid for upfront. Now here we are well into 2022 and STILL no swimsteps or reimbursement and our swim spa is still inoperable with ZERO sign of help from Master Spa.

Master Spas response

Hi James. Thank you for reaching out about this. Our customer service team is looking into this situation. I'll be updating this response when I have an update.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The Clarity spa was the right size and within our budget. It has jets all over the place. We need to look at some of the jets though. They’re coming unscrewed. But overall, it holds the temperature. It's quite nice. It gives us a place to communicate and hang out as a family without our cellphones in our hands. The showroom gal was very knowledgeable and the team that installed was very efficient. It was a very cold day in Wisconsin. Master Spas is receptive as I reached out. However, the follow-up has been minimal. It would have been nice to have a follow-up call from them on the day of installation to see if we had any questions, and even a couple of weeks later. We didn't have the electric hooked up right away so the day that we put water in it, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I love my Master Spas. It's a very nice spa and I'm very pleased, especially with the service and the information I've been able to get through the internet from Master Spas' website. I've been through all the videos to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. The installation was excellent. They showed up on the day they said they were going to. Then, I had a problem, my electrician went into the hospital. So, they had to get me an electrician and he came out and did a superb job. Their reps were also very helpful. When I had questions, I'd walk into the shop, and if he was busy, I'd wait, and then he'd answer all my questions and tell me the quick shortcuts.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I liked the looks of the Master Spas product, and the price was right. I got a four-person spa, and it does very well. I'm very happy with it. This is the second spa that I've had, and I'm pretty familiar with them. I like this one. It's very well insulated and it's handled everything pretty well so far. The delivery was delayed about twice as long as it was promised, but I don't really hold that against them because of the problems we've had with the pandemic and the supply shortages.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I love the low profile and the size of the spa, which is important because we have it inside a four-season sunroom. Also, I really like the overall quality of it. We use it five days a week and we love it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

The installers of our Master Spas were very proficient. They were able to back their vehicle down near the area that it was going to go into. I was amazed at the new technology they had. I also like the amount of jets and how they're adjustable. It also has a magnetic wall. But I noticed after they left, there was a chip in the back on the upper level, so I talked to the representative and they offered to come out and give me an extra filter and cartridge. They were very professional and I've been very pleased with it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

They got several different models and the one which seats seven seemed to fit our needs the best. Their salesman was a local guy from where we live and knew some people we knew. That was really nice. They provided outstanding customer service. They had to wait for us to have a place to put it. We were gonna add another extension on the back of our house, and that fell through. So they kept the hot tub for several months and then when we were ready for the hot tub to be delivered, they brought it out and set it up for us.

They set everything up, except the wiring. I had to do that. It was a little bit harder than most wiring jobs I’d done. It's 220, so I had to wire it into the box there. I didn't realize I had to put a box on the back of the house as well but did that also. The quality of our Master Spas is excellent. I like the 15-minute automatic cut-off. I also can turn it right back on. We also like the lights that are in it. The cost was high, but we we got our money's worth.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I like that Master Spas is locally made, and everything's here. We did the Twilight Series because of the seating arrangement. The installation was seamless. The installers were great guys and they were very helpful. We're very pleased with the tub. We got it mid-winter, and the most important thing to us right now is the cover is absolutely wonderful because it does really seal in the heat. We've used the tub quite a bit. It's a godsend for my husband's muscles when he gets home.

The salesperson was very easy to talk to but you don't know the questions until you have the hot tub in place, and I'm not a big fan of going to YouTube to watch about every issue that I have. I really rather just talk to a person. I'm in that over 60 range, so it's not my way of doing things. They have a YouTube channel and they said, "If you have any questions, everything is on our YouTube channel." I signed up for their emails, but I didn't sign up when we first bought it and the installation was about four months after we bought it. So, the emails are not up to date to where it's already in place. I'm still getting emails about choosing the right location and filling my hot tub. We're well past that now.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I got the Healthy Living Lifestyle tub from Master Spas since I liked the way it was laid out. It's great and my favorite is the lounge part of it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

The rep was awesome and the tub we chose was amazing. Our tub blows bubbles and it has lights and a waterfall. I love it. With our Master Spa, our quality of life is a lot better. We use it two to three times a week.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We got the 7.2 from Master Spas and I'm glad it was a little bit bigger. My daughter and son-in-law like to get in it too and my granddaughter. So you can get five people in there easily. My wife uses it every night too. Their team was excellent to work with. To get chemicals, I just email Carrie down there. If I order over 100 bucks at a time, I get free shipping. However, I've got one light that doesn't match the others. It’s like a sequence. But the technician has called me. He said he was calling back with them. It's not fixed yet, but I’m confident that they will get it taken care of.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The installation of my Master Spas was very simple and fast, just a few days. I love my spa. The seats are very comfortable and the chemicals are very easy to maintain. This one is the best one I've ever had and I've had a lot of them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

The Master Spas saleslady was super nice. We got an eight-person hot tub. I love everything about it. It takes care of itself pretty much. It helps with my body, my soreness.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

The installation of our Master Spas went very smoothly. The people that installed it and showed us how to use it were excellent. This is the same exact model that we had before because we liked it so much. It has the pressure points at the right places, the waterfalls and lights on it. If you have neck or shoulder pain, the jets focus on that very well. It's very soothing and relaxing. We're really happy with this model.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Clarity Precision 7 is the model we purchased. It was our second Master Spas. We like the company and the quality. Their cost is also very much in line with the quality of the product. It’s fantastic. This one's bigger than our previous one. I like the ozone generator that helps keep the water cleaner. The tub also definitely helps with relaxation every evening.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The Master Spas sales rep was good. The installation all went really smoothly. They forgot the clips for the cover, but they sent them to us a few days later. I have recommended the product and the people that sold it to us to a lot of people. Very happy with it.

Master Spas Company Information