4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

586 Master Spas Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We went into the showroom, and Master Spas had a hot tub set up at the conference center and we took a look around, met someone, got to chatting with them, liked what we saw, so we bought it. We had to wait for a while for the bank to respond. And then, when we finally got in touch with Master Spas, and they explained it a little bit better. So they were really helpful to get everything that we needed. I bought the Michael Phelps for hydrotherapy. It has high quality. It has the lights and seating for eight people.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We went with Master Spas because we had checked it out and looked at all the different ones, and we thought Master Spas would be the best because it fit our needs. My husband has back problems and our doctor told him that a spa would be very good for his back. So, we went with Master Spas. We went down to Rancho Cordova where Joe sells Master Spas and talked with him. He was very pleasant and gave us all kinds of information. Also, we have seen advertisements with Michael Phelps and how the spa worked. Joe was so great that we just decided to get one right then that day. Our Master Spas is going wonderful. We love it. We just have one problem with it right now. The extra plastic piece that goes in there is all warped and it will not clip back into the side. It’s down the side, halfway in the middle, and it's all bowed out.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Master Spas had an event at the fairgrounds by us and we went there. It was a scratch and dent sale and we really liked their Healthy Living hot tub, so we purchased it. The sales team did very well and so did the delivery team. We bought it on Saturday afternoon and they delivered it on Sunday morning. They also took our old one away, which was a big deal for us. But when they shipped the tub over to the house, they put the strap across one of the knobs that you turn and it cracked it. It wasn't a big deal though. I just called up then they sent it right to me and I installed it.

The tub has two loungers and we ended up getting a good deal on it. They offered $500 off right off the top then it was marked down because it had a blemish on it, which didn't matter to us. We've already owned a tub before, so it wasn't anything to us. But this one is better built than the one we had before. I also like the fact that Master Spas use composite instead of real wood on the outside. To me, it's concealed in better.

Other than that, I installed the tub myself and it was easy to install. I already have the electric and everything ran because the old tub was there, so during the installation of the new one, it took me about half an hour to re-run the electric. Then, we filled it and ran it. I also temporarily fixed the leaking thing and we used it. So far, my wife is happy with it and we like it a lot. It's a really good unit. I like the way it's built and the accessibility of everything. It's everything they said it was. I like the fact they're out of Fort Wayne, too. That makes it a lot easier for us.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Updated on 08/13/2019: To date Master Spas has not responded with a solution directly. They have however responded, apparently, to the rep in Houston, TX with the following: "It has run out of warranty. It is past the 2 year warranty that we provide for the cover. Whenever we replace something it does not reset the warranty of that product. The product continues to carry the warranty of the original product. If the customer purchases a new cover, they would also be purchasing a new warranty with it."

Hello Master Spas. I GET THAT. But you apparently did not read my review and you don't get that the cover you sent to replace the warranty cover, is defective. After one year it is tearing and this should not be happening with a "new" cover. What I was given as a replacement is garbage. The lack of response is garbage. To not respond on this website is garbage and again Master Spas has hit an all time low in customer service. You should at least acknowledge that your product used for replacement is defective. Unbelievable! Buyer beware!

Original Review: Purchased H2X spa in 7/10/2016 for therapy with severe back issues. Within two years the cover started ripping in spite of taking care not to use the handles solely for lifting, along with babying it and having a sail shade cover. Luckily we were able to just get in on the warranty last year, 2018. Now 8/5/2019 the "new" cover, just over one year old has a 4" opening on the INSIDE, where we don't even touch it. It is along the seam and it is plain that this rippage is due to it simply not being sewn properly. Now, we have contacted our rep in Spring, TX, who did contact Master spas, but Master Spas will no longer cover as we are out of the two year warranty period.

All I can say is buyer beware with Master Spas. We've had to have numerous repairs on our H2X not to mention the incredible fiasco we went through at delivery. The warranty is good, but only good if proper parts and equipment are used upon repair. Covers are over $1k for this spa and for Master Spas to not handle this issue is a very sad shame. Also, at this writing, the second ozone lite is malfunctioning....the first was replaced last year. Once again we're out of warranty for repair and the repair cost is $566.54 for labor and materials. WOW! And did I mention that a pump had to be replaced a few weeks ago due to leakage....that's the second motor replacement.

Master Spas response

Hi Jeanette. Thanks for the honest feedback. Our customer care team here at corporate is aware of the issues mentioned and have been in contact with TX Spa Services to see what we can do to help get these issues resolved.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We had the companies narrowed down between Master Spas and ThermoSpas but we had an awful experience with the salesperson from ThermoSpas, which sent us over the edge. It was a very negative experience and that turned us off a bit. When we went to the Master Spas dealership to talk to them, they were very helpful in answering our questions and showed us some of the products they had there in store, and that sold us.

Twilight 7.2 fit what we were looking for in terms of seating arrangement and jets. It was a display model at the dealership from which we bought it, so we didn't have to pay any extra shipping. We just looked at it and said that was the one we wanted. We’ve had it for about three and a half months and we’re in it probably every day. I went to the dealership today and bought some additional chemicals to maintain it, so we're thoroughly enjoying it. The product is great. We're thoroughly pleased with what we purchased and we would not do anything differently if we had to do it over again.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that, James! It's great to hear that you've had such great experiences with your dealer as well as your spa. Thank you so much for the feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: July 30, 2019

We went to a tent sale and the reps tried to run my credit to see if I could afford a hot tub. That was when we decided to buy one. I love my seven-person hot tub and it works great. I chose the biggest one I could afford from Master Spas. It’s got two jets and three water features. However, after the second time we used the hot tub, we ended up with jets in the bottom. There’s a slip-lock mechanism and it broke but the Aqua Spa guy sent me a whole bunch of them. He said that at the shop, they get over-torqued and so, when you turn on your hot tub or lean against it, it cracks them. I just changed that thing out and my jets went up.

At first, Aqua Spa wasn’t great till I got a hold of the guy I needed, and they’ve been awesome. The hot tub wasn’t cheap but I like it and I hope it lasts for a long time. It has been very hot outside and my kids love it. My son has had a few hot tub parties and friends over. I’ve only gotten in it three times, but it has been very nice and relaxing. It’s gonna come in handy this winter.

Original review: July 24, 2019

We picked Master Spas as a manufacturer because we got a sense that all the parts were American-made and they were reputable components in the building of it. Secondly, we found out about it and I started calling some of the people. The lady and I got involved with one of their dealers in Minnesota and they told me that they had a show in San Diego. They're headquartered in Minnesota and we're in Southern California. My wife and I were in the process of considering the best spa solution and we went to the show, looked at the various models and decided that, based upon the size of our family and how we usually entertain, the one in the showroom was the most attractive.

One of the features that attracted us to the Twilight 76.5 was not only its size but that it didn’t have a bench. A lot of these have these lounge chair benches and that was a waste of space. We don’t usually lounge. We sit upright. The lounge just reduces the capacity. So rather than buy a six-person capacity with a lounge, we were better off with a five-person capacity with no lounge.

I'm still floundering around with when to clean it. But they also steered me to a guy to do an annual maintenance thing. He came out once and then that was it. He doesn’t return my calls anymore. This guy comes from a long way though. It's an all-day drive for him to get here and that’s probably why. So the local support is not very good. That would probably be the only deficiency. But the quality of the product itself is good and I would recommend it to somebody.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I haven't had the swim spa long enough to rate it but just want to express my frustration and dissatisfaction with all the staff I've dealt with from sales to service. First of all I was told that the cost to deliver the spa was included. When the moving guy called he said it wasn't. I called the salesman who sold me the unit and said that it wasn't. When the delivery guy showed he didn't have the equipment to pull in and drop the spa down so he rolled it in on PVC pipes which scratched up bottom of the unit. I called Master Spas and they said I would have to take that up with the mover, that they were independent. When we finally set it up and got it going there were some parts that were broken on the unit.

When I called to get them replaced I got the same shotty attitude like it was my fault and it's been a week since I emailed a photo of the items broken. In addition, as of today I still haven't received my steps so I called them and was told they were not included because the salesperson didn't mark it. Again, I called the same salesman and he said, "oh I figured you were building a deck or something and didn't need it." I said, "No, but even if I did you told me they were included." So I should be getting those next week. I can go on about the terrible attitudes but will do no good. Just make sure if you buy one that everything is written on the contract. Don't take their word for it! I videotaped the move but unfortunately this doesn't allow video upload.

Master Spas response

Hi Yvette. Thank you for the honest feedback. As you mentioned in your review, the company that sold & delivered your swim spa are a separate company, so there's not much we can do on our end for that issue. I did want to let you know that I have forwarded your review as well as your swim spa's registration info on to our corporate Customer Service Supervisor. He's reviewing this situation and should be reaching out to you shortly to see how we can get these issues resolved. Again, thank you for the honest feedback. We appreciate it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Short Story, our son is a 100% disabled Veteran. We used our savings to purchase this unit for him to the tune of over twenty two thousand dollars. Now almost 4 months later the heater element went out.... Now this weekend the pump motor went out. I feel the Quality of this unit is far from what one should expect from a $22000.00. The dealer claims it's normal for this to happen due to heat/humidity and moisture here in Florida // call me crazy but our air conditioning system that runs continuously still is functioning with its 5 year motor exposed to rain / heat and humidity. At this point I feel the manufacturer is more interested in dollars and cents than CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!

Master Spas response

Hi Doug. Thanks for reaching out. I've forwarded your review on to our corporate Customer Service Supervisor so we can get this taken care of for you. Thank you for the honest feedback - we appreciate it.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I like the quality of Master Spas. I purchased the Clarity and the size of it was the exact, same size of the one I had, and I liked that because they had to fit it into a special opening. And the price was better than others. It was a fair price for the excellent quality you get. My hot tub is calming and relaxing. I get in it on an average of one to two times a week and sometimes more. As far as my interaction with the Master Spas team, it was very good. They were very professional and knowledgeable. Also, my experience with the delivery was very good. They had to put it under a gazebo and the guys did a great job, especially they had to go uphill, too.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that you've been enjoying your hot tub, Anthony! Thank you for the kind feedback - we appreciate it!

Master Spas Company Information