4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

588 Master Spas Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 22, 2019

I like the quality of Master Spas. I purchased the Clarity and the size of it was the exact, same size of the one I had, and I liked that because they had to fit it into a special opening. And the price was better than others. It was a fair price for the excellent quality you get. My hot tub is calming and relaxing. I get in it on an average of one to two times a week and sometimes more. As far as my interaction with the Master Spas team, it was very good. They were very professional and knowledgeable. Also, my experience with the delivery was very good. They had to put it under a gazebo and the guys did a great job, especially they had to go uphill, too.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that you've been enjoying your hot tub, Anthony! Thank you for the kind feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: July 17, 2019

My Master Spas is great. It does more than we thought it would do. It has five pumps, it seats seven to eight people and it has a lot of jets. It’s a lot more than normal. There’s a waterfall feature, and there’s lighting and you can change the lighting. It’s got lighting on the outside as well. And also, our tub has a cartridge that slides into the filter which has copper and zinc in it. Instead of having to use so much chlorine, it naturally kills bacteria. We use the tub two to three nights a week now in the summer, but in the winter or in the cooler months, we use it more. It has a whirlpool effect in one of the seats, and I have a back issue where I've had a broken back and it’s really nice to get in and relax around that. It eases my back muscles.

I decided to work with Master Spas mainly because of the salesperson that we dealt with. She was knowledgeable and amazing to work with. We spent about double what we had planned to spend. We liked the fact that it had so many jets. Their reputation seemed good, too. They’re one of the oldest spa makers in the country and I think one of the original spa makers. We love their product, but we’ve got some issues right now and I’m not as happy with the service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Master Spas was easier to check out than the other companies. They had a big deal sale over at the fairgrounds and I liked the Twilight Series. It was over six grand so it is quite a bit and it drained my bank account, but it has helped relieve pain in my back. Also, the quality of the tub is a little high. When I talked to a customer service rep, he just referred me to the Master Spas people. So I didn't get any help from him.

Original review: July 11, 2019

We went to a sale and Master Spas was the only one there. The lady didn't know what she was talking about, but the guy did. I ended up getting the Clarity spa since its price was more reasonable than the other ones. It has a waterfall and lights. The Master Spas team brought it and set it on our patio. And then we did the rest. It's a good quality hot tub. Haven't had any problems with it.

Master Spas response

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa, Cassandra! Thank you for the kind feedback. We appreciate it!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Master Spas' Twilight Series had the strong, six horse power jets, and it’s a little bit smaller size through the area I had to put it. We had shopped a few dealers in town, and Aqua Spas was willing to give us a really good deal on a floor model and they were decent guys. But we had a little bit of issue with the delivery of the spa. Our corner piano got busted, and I’ve had an appointment scheduled but haven’t been able to get it fixed yet. Other than that, the delivery went pretty smooth. When I had a problem with the foot blaster jet, Aqua Spas gave me a replacement part and replaced it since it was still under warranty. We really like our spa. I use it nearly daily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: June 30, 2019

We have had our Swim spa for about 6 months. In general we are enjoying it. The swim jet is awesome. The spa is nice, but we wish the pumps were a little more powerful as the jets are somewhat weak. Unfortunately, we have also recently noticed several items in the spa that are rusting. Handles, hardware to connect accessories and rusty color around plastic components as well. We are reaching out to our local Master Spas service company. Hopefully they can replace the inferior components under our warranty and restore our spa to its like new condition. If Master Spas stands by its product for this issue we can give them a highly satisfied review.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I order a spa at the pool spa and BBQ show in Ontario, it was about $6,300, I tried to call my salesperson Jeff. He never returned my phone calls and then he had my number block. I sent a cancellation day 3 days after I ordered it. Never heard from him and then I received a bill for $6,300 from the finance company Greensky. They paid Master Spas, then I told them Greensky to have them send the spa. Never heard from them. Now Greensky holding me responsible for the bill. Greensky said there's not responding to the phone calls either. It is a scam company.

Master Spas response

Hi David. Thanks for reaching out about this situation. Upon receiving this review, I reached out to your dealer to find out what was going on. It seems like the main issue here is miscommunication.

Kevin mentioned that after the purchase of your spa he spoke to you at length on the phone about access to your backyard and other site preparation details. Kevin then did some research on crane companies that could help install your spa and found one that would work, but he couldn't get in contact with you after that. Shortly after this is when you sent the cancellation notice.

Kevin then later got a notice from Greensky that they were trying to charge back the money that you approved to purchase the spa. After a lot of back and forth, your dealer and Greensky agreed that your dealer would refund you $3,519 and you would be responsible for the rest since you had already signed the purchase agreement stating that there would be no refunds.

Kevin says that they have no record of you asking for your spa to be delivered after the cancellation, however he did say that he would happily make arrangement for the spa to be delivered as long as you agree to pay back or re-finance the amount that your dealer refunded.

We're very sorry to hear that you felt as if this was a "scam", but it seems like the main issue here is miscommunication. If you do still want the spa that you originally purchased, please call Kevin and he'd be happy to set up delivery for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I wish I could be one of the satisfied customers writing this review. We purchased our TS 7.2 from our salesmen Paul, who was excellent, at a Master Spa Hot Tub Expo in April 2019 and paid in full on our credit card. After 7 weeks, we reached out to Master Spa as we had not heard anything regarding the delivery. After several emails and a phone message, it was determined that delivery of our new spa by their sub-contractor would not happen until 10 1/2 weeks after purchase. The signed contract clearly states that delivery will take place in 4 to 8 weeks with a target date of 6 weeks. We have received no apologies, no explanation and no credit for the delay, not even an offer of an extra filter.

I must say that this poor experience with Master Spa has really taken the excitement out of one of the most anticipated purchases of our lives. I don’t think a little communication from Master Spa over such an expensive item is asking a lot. I see others have complained of similar issues on this site, so please don’t be surprised when it happens to you. Good Luck!

Master Spas response

Hi John. We're very sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the service you've received from you dealer. Unfortunately I'm unable to locate you in our customer database, has your spa been registered? If not, you can do that by going to www.masterspas.com, clicking "Resources" in the upper right hand corner, and then scrolling down to "Spa Registration".

If your spa is registered, please email your spa's serial number so I can try to locate it that way.

Please either register your spa or if you've already registered it, email me your serial number as soon as possible so we can look into these issues for you and send you a free set of filters. Thank you for the honest feedback, John. We appreciate it.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I liked how Master Spas' hot tub had plenty of jets and that it had lighting. I also liked the size of it and the fact that it holds eight people. They also had a big sale and we liked the price. Their sales team was also very accommodating at the time. However, their provider in Maryland was Hot Tubs Inc and we had a very poor interaction with them from an installation perspective. During the installation, the team was very anxious to just drop the hot tub and move along when we thought we had covered everything. We also interacted poorly with them when ordering chemicals. Despite our calls and the times when we asked for their managers, they've done things like charging us for products before they even ship it. Though Master Spas' team answered all our questions, things went downhill as Hot Tubs Inc's service has been poor and substandard. I would discourage friends from dealing with Hot Tubs Inc.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Master Spas came in and made good on a spa that a dealer took the money and ran. They're incredible and I can’t say enough good things about them. I would recommend them. But the dealer was horrid and I had the worst experience with him. I think Master Spas even shut him down. He was recommended by another friend that had good luck with him and his location was great for us, so we decided to buy from him. We got the Clarity 7 and ordered it on October. It was supposed to be delivered before Christmas but I finally got it in June and Master Spas' main factory delivered it, not them.

There were so many phone calls and so many lies from the dealer. I didn't get any help there but at least I got phone calls back when they were still open. Then when they were closing the location, my husband went up there and talked to some man. He gave us the lady's number at Master Spas and told us that they'd be the ones delivering our order. So we called that number and much to my surprise, it really did happen. My kids love the spa and I’m happy with it. Master Spas has been so good. I even called them again just to get some lessons on how to actually work the thing. Other than that, I never got the manual from the dealer. I’ve tried to download it online but I haven’t been able to use it well. I was gonna see if they’d send me some books on how to operate it, but I never got that either.

Master Spas Company Information