4.96/5
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good stair lift company?

Look Stairlifts

Located in beautiful Simi Valley, Look Stairlifts provides high-quality stairlift sales, installation and service to the greater Los Angeles area from Santa Barbara to Laguna Beach, from Bakersfield to Lake Arrowhead. Whether you are looking for an indoor or outdoor lift for a curved, straight or spiral staircase, Look Stairlifts has the right lift for your need. Look Stairlifts proudly offers Bruno Independent Living Aides products. A Family- and Veteran-owned business, Look Stairlifts stands behind their products, ensuring you or your loved one the best possible stairlift in the shortest possible time at the right price. Ask about Look Stairlifts financing and same-day-service. Visit our showroom to ride before you buy!

29 Look Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 30, 2018

I liked what Look had to offer, the price was good and I love it. It fascinates me that the stairlift goes up and around the corner and you're going along all the time. The installers were good and Marilyn, the sales rep was great and warm. Also, I liked her presentation. I enjoyed the experience with Look and the stairlift was what I needed.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I called a few companies and Look was the fastest to respond, which was important to me. The sales visit went pleasant overall. I was there half of the time and then my brother took over, but it was professional. Starting the process was the hardest part, but once they got started, it was installed in half a day. The installers were polite and fast on the job. The stair lift takes few curves along the stairway and its quality is excellent. It’s sturdy, quiet and powerful. My father has a hard time climbing the stairs, and now it’s easier for him.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 24, 2018

My legs have been very bad. Right now, I have one knee that’s in the process of healing since I just had a replacement and it has been marvelous to have Look stairlift put up. The installation team knew what they were doing and got it put together, and the experience was great. I'm now able to get down the stairs in the morning and not having to struggle to go back upstairs. We just know it’s there and it feels very good. Everybody that has seen it would say, “Wow, that was really built strong.” So far, Look stairlift is doing very well for us. Something very minor went wrong with it and they came right out and the rep said, “I’ve got to get a different part.” And then, he came back, fixed it and left.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I purchased the Look stairlift to stay in my house. It's an indoor curved stairlift and it fits. The installers showed up on time and were courteous. They were very professional about it, went right to their work, got it all done and did a good job. You just press the button to get the stairlift to work. Going down is smoother and faster than going up but it does the job and it does it well.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I’m 76 years old and I had a bilateral mastectomy. I have arthritis in my knees and I’ve been on chemo, and my stairs are extremely steep. I tried with Acorn and they said my stairs were too steep and they couldn’t do it. And then I met my friend and her mother. I saw her stairlift and it was a Bruno from Marilyn of Look Stairlifts. So I got the same curved stairlift and I liked it. I like the construction. I also called Acorn again and I didn’t like the construction of their stairlift as well as this one. Marilyn was just a wonderful person, and she knew what I was going through with the cancer. She calls every now and then just to check on me as a friend, not as a client. It was a wonderful experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Look Stairlifts?

Original review: June 2, 2018

My mother is 95 and it's been getting harder for her to go up the stairs. I went to Look Stairlifts' showroom and my mom tried one out. The sales team was excellent and absolutely very, very professional. They were very nice and thorough as well. We got the straight stairlift and it's very compact. The two young men who did the installation were extremely courteous. They were fast, efficient, and they did such a great job and you can’t even see where the thing plugs in. You don’t know where it starts and where it ends. They did the whole thing in about an hour. It was amazing. They demonstrated the stairlift to my mom over at the showroom and the installers did it at the house too. It was very easy for my mom to use. I was very impressed with the whole process. We called one day and then installed at the next. I’m extremely happy and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I called Look StairLift because of their rating on the internet and Consumer Reports. Though they do not service the east coast, their representative, Tyler, spent a good deal of time on the phone with me, walking me through the right questions to ask, how to evaluate a product, and the differences between different styles of chair lifts. There was nothing in it for him or his company since I live outside their service area. Nonetheless, he cared enough to give me time and very helpful advice. You don't often find "Customer Service" to this high degree! Under the stress that illness puts you in, Tyler and his "going the second mile" was appreciated more than he could know!

Original review: May 29, 2018

My mother suffered a stroke and so we needed to purchase a stairlift. Look Stairlifts was recommended to me by a neighbor. When I talked to their sales reps, they were polite and on-time. Their installation team was good as well and they demonstrated everything. Since getting the stairlift, I've liked the ease of operation and it is of excellent quality. Having it has given my mother peace of mind.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My husband would need a stairlift if he were able to get out of the home he was in. I shopped for stairlift providers and Look was the most responsive and very accommodating. The sales visit went very smoothly and the cost of the stairlift was a fair price. They almost did it overnight and I couldn’t ask for more during the installation. They did a great job and they did it when I needed it, and they were very helpful. We got the straight stairlift and it works very well because I have an extra-wide stairway. Now, everything’s fine.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Look Stairlifts were the only ones that were kind, the best priced, and they actually picked up their phone when we called. Then the sales visit was perfect. A representative came over, looked, measured, and gave us the different options for a stairlift. She was wonderful and the whole experience was wonderful. During installation, the team was also great, and they were prompt and clean. The stairlifts are for my mom who broke her leg. While it was too expensive to do a custom, we got 2 straight stairlifts. The speed of it is good, and my favorite feature is the soft stop. I would definitely recommend Look Stairlifts.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Look Stairlifts had a good reputation when I looked them up online and their rep gave me a great price on a four-month-old unit that came back to the dealer. It was installed for my mother-in-law last October and the two gentleman were on time for the installation and did a great job. The stairlift is perfect and I haven’t heard any complaints from my 92-year-old mother-in-law yet. It was just a good experience.

Original review: April 20, 2018

After researching and working with Look Stairlifts, we found the best stairlift for our needs, and from a manufacturer that was very, very high-rated. Three companies came out to present suggestions. And then we went in and checked out the Bruno stairlifts after they come up. The last ones, Look Stairlifts came out and we liked their presentation better and we felt that the Bruno stairlift was the one that we would need. They presented it well and we felt they were capable of doing it. It’s inside and it wraps around out stairway. We curved the seating at the bottom, brought it up, and then it makes a right turn, another right turn going up, and then a right turn at the top to finish it off.

Look's installation team was very receptive and informative. Our only hang up with the whole thing was that it took a lot longer to get it produced than we expected. It was delayed for quite a bit. We ordered it in August and it took until November. But I will recommend them. They are very professional and do a very good job. Bruno’s the best stairlift company that I can find.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Look Stairlifts was recommended by a friend in the industry. I purchased it for a family member who has a problem getting up the stairs. The seller was informative and timely with her information, and extremely helpful with explaining why the stairlift fits in our particular house, and gave me a sense that we were in good hands. Also, the installation team was thorough, clean and quick. They checked up afterwards. They were very explanatory to make sure that I and the other people in the house know how to use it. They explained a couple of things we might experience like interrupted electrical surges, etc. Get a stairlift from Look. It’s great, versatile, compact, strong enough where you feel like your loved one is safe. I highly recommend it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Look Stairlifts was local and they had the right product. During the sales visit, a lady came down, described the chair, and gave us a couple of options and showed us what we could expect. And the rep, Bryan, was informative and appropriate to what our needs were. The lift is an outdoor version that went to a porch and we designed a stairwell around it. However, the installers did a sloppy job. They put Scotch Tape to all of the wires and I had to go back and run the wires a little bit differently to make it look better and provide a little bit more longevity. Other than that, we've used it a lot and it works wonderfully. My wife has used to maneuvering it around and we really appreciate it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was having trouble with my back and getting up and down the stairs. Wishing Well Medical Supply gave me the number of the Look stair chair. And they were wonderful and very efficient. The product is wonderful. They were very negotiable to waiting when I needed it because I had to get some carpet in before. And it's been wonderful. Tom and I use it all the time. When we went to their office building, they took time and didn't rush us. They were very thorough and gave us a good idea of what we could have. Everything from the time that the people came and put the stairlift in, they were so efficient and they did such a great job and I love it. And as far as the mechanism is concerned, it works beautifully, and I couldn't live without it right now.

The installers did the job in less than two hours. There were some things on the wall and they just measured everything out. And they helped us with what we have to do and how to use it. It was probably one of the best services that I bought from anybody at any time. And I wish more people were like that. I actually have referred them to other people that are looking for the same thing because they were very, very good. It was not a small item to pay for, and when you pay a fair amount of money for something, you expect that you're going to get a good quality merchandise. And the stairlift has extremely good quality.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My wife has Alzheimer’s and she fell and broke her hip, and I can’t get her up and down the stairs without a stairlift. It’s a townhouse and all our living is upstairs. That was cheaper than moving. I called Look Stairlifts and a woman came out. The owner explained all the pros and cons of the item because I was looking into one of these stair climbers, the thing you walk behind, and I thought, at my age, I don’t think it’s gonna work at all. That’s why I went with the chairlift. They came in and put a temporary one in until the one got manufactured for a curved type thing. I had to just transfer from chair to chair, but it worked out all right. They were very helpful. Everything went perfect.

I got a curved, indoor stairlift and I’m very happy with it. I could not have made a better decision on any other chairlift. I couldn’t get my wife up and down the stairs, out of the house and lift without it. I tried her up with the thing the first day I got it and she was kicking the base plate and it threw a limit switch off. I couldn’t get it back up the stairs so I had to carry her back. And I said, “Oh, Jesus. This will never work.” But they came out the same day and put a new limit switch in. That was the only problem we have had with it.

I’ve told a lot of people about Look Stairlifts because these are townhouses. I’ve told a lot of them that it was cheaper than moving and they did a very good job of installing everything else. I had several people come in and take a look at the lift and take a ride on it to see how they felt about it. They all agreed that if they ever had a problem or got older in this neighborhood, they would think about it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I'd tell my friends to go with Look Stairlifts. We got the Hawle Curved as a gift for my parents who live with me. It's the more expensive one, but we did because our staircase is curvy and my parents can't go up and down anymore. We had one more estimate but the other guy was quite a bit more. Look's representatives treated me good and I'm happy with them. They came in and gave me an estimate, I went for it, and they did everything right. I had a problem afterwards a couple of times and they came right over the same day. The stairlift is like a God-given gift for my parents since they don't have to climb the staircase.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Look Stairchairs installed my Bruno SRE300 today. The installing crew was on time, professional, courteous and finished the installation in a timely manner. They gave me a full lesson on use and maintenance of the equipment and made sure I understood. Other stairlift companies had pressure type sale pitches and made me feel that I could "take it or leave it" with them and their products. Their documents were full of discrepancies and I doubt if many were legal. Tyler explained everything technical and administrative to me and made sure I was fully informed on all aspects of the product and transaction. He expressed my concerns to Marilyn, the President, who was fully cooperative when it came to the terms and conditions of the contract.

The business world needs more people like Look Stairchairs sales staff, owners and installers, who are professional and honest, especially in dealing with Senior Citizens, who are vulnerable and most likely, are a majority of their clients. I am very pleased with the product and it has already relieved the pain I had going up and down the stairs. I look forward to many years of usage and enjoyment of my stairchair.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: March 10, 2018

We purchased a stairlift from Look Stairlifts and it works fine. It's nice and convenient too. They were a local business, so we went with them. Their rep was super nice at first but then when we had an issue, she was not nice. I had a $1,000 rail I paid for that I didn’t end up needing, so I called her back and told her about that, and then she didn't give me the money back which I didn't expect. But she was supposed to reimburse me because they blocked my front entrance by mistake with this rail. She was going to recoup my money I had to pay the contractor for the front door. I got $450 back for the extra piece of rail, but I didn’t get reimbursed for the door because she wasn’t budging on that. That wasn't fair but I wasn’t arguing with her. Paying the extra money is one thing and that was bad, but the lady should’ve been nicer about the whole situation.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Look Stairlifts provided the best options at the cheapest prices. The looks of their stairlifts were exceptionally good. Also, their personnel was exceptional. They came out and provided any information that we wanted. They were completely receptive to any comments I made. Overall, the quality of the stairlift we got has been good. Looks Stairlifts has done a great job. When I had issues, I called them and they came out immediately.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We have a couple of people who use canes to get away, so we couldn’t get a three-storey condo without the stairlift. When we were searching out for new houses, I contacted one company that advertised a lot. I asked if they can come over and check out our house, so we can determine whether it was wise to go ahead with buying it. They refused to come out 'cause we did not really own the house because we weren't going to buy the house without knowing if the chair was important. They weren't helpful. I tried the next company, Look Stairlifts, that I saw advertising, and they were willing to do it. They came out and talked with us before leaving. I made the decision to buy the house.

They came in, checked it out and talked to us about how it'd work. They came back, and took the measurements, and planned for the installation. They gave all the necessary information explaining what it would look like, what the time frame and prices would be. The installation team came when they said they would, and they went fine and pleasant. They’ve been very helpful. They saw one thing that wasn’t working right, and they corrected it on their own. They came out and helped us when we had a problem like when the electricity went off at one point.

There are three levels of the stairlift. One of them is straight. The others are curved. So, it's like three separate stairlifts that we've had installed. The only thing that's happened is that the remote controls went out 'cause we use it a lot. So we just had to reset them. I'll be doing that later today with one of the remotes. But having the stairlift made it possible for us to enjoy a new place. We couldn’t have gone there without it. It does what we need it to have done.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I like the information that Look Stairlifts offered, their warranties, and how fast they could get it in. The stairlift is for my husband. He has a bad back. It was wonderful during the sales visit. It was easy and straight facts. The sales representative was very informative. It was an excellent level of service. The installation team was friendly and knowledgeable too. They didn’t waste any time sitting around. They just did their job and answered any questions I had. The stairlift is a straight one and it's perfect. It was measured perfectly and I like the compactness. It's good to be able to get it out of the way when you don’t need it. So far, it's working out fine, so its quality is holding up. It makes it easier to go up and down the stairs. Look Stairlifts did a good job. They did what they said and they were on time. I would tell others they should take it into consideration if they're looking for one.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My husband had prostate cancer and he was going downhill. He also had heart surgery a couple of years ago and he could not go up and down the stairs very well. I decided a chairlift would be good. Before the chairlift, it would take him 40 minutes to get down 12 steps and another 15 from the garage door into the car. It was hellish. It would take four people to get him into the chairlift but it was a godsend.

When the saleswoman from Look Stairlifts came in, she was very pleasant and friendly. She was also really helpful and talkative. We're about the same age and we hit it off right off the bat. I told her what the problem was and she even met my husband. She looked at the stairwell, which goes from the first floor down to the garage, measured it, and thought it was a very good idea and he would benefit greatly from it. She's been selling elevators then she recognized that the stair chair was going to be so much better because it was affordable. Compared to elevators that could cost about $100,000, this chairlift only cost me $3,500 even though it was for just one set of stairs.

She sold me on it lock, stock, and barrel because I was constantly asking all kinds of questions that you can imagine with my husband having a heart disease. She did a very good job and I was very pleased. More than selling the product, she sold herself. She was very believable and she was honest. I can pick out an honest one over somebody who's trying to sell me a bill of goods. Between her knowledge, her kindness, her thoughtfulness, and her attitude, she sold me right there. Then her son and his friend did the installation. It only took two hours for them to install it and it couldn’t have been better. I'm a registered nurse, so I know how things should go and there was no fooling around when they did it. They brought their stuff in, measured, and were professional right on the money.

I'm very glad I got the chairlift. My husband passed away in August and now, I use it because I get a little lazy. I bring my groceries up then take my trash down in it. I will keep it there because we've had people come in that used it, too. When my husband passed away, his sister came from Philadelphia. She is having heart problems and can't walk very well. It was a godsend for her, too, because she sat in the chair and rolled right up into the living room. Also, when my grandkids come, they love to go ride the chairlift. It has been wonderful and it's a staple now on our house.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We have an aging congregation and our choir room is in the basement so we needed to be able to get people down there safely. One of our parishioners have a stairlift so we wanted one for the congregation. A couple of Look Stairlifts representatives made a presentation to our board of trustee, which was quick and timeous. They were very friendly and able to address whatever questions board of trustees had and our parishioners who were involved in making the purchase. Also, the price of the stairlift wasn’t completely unreasonable.

We have a straight stairlift installed and it worked out fine even though we don't have a super wide staircase. The stairlift fits fine and people can walk beside it without any problems. They gave us a “How to use it” demonstration when they installed it and also sent us a video online that shows how it works and how to it folded up. It's now being used once a week by two choir members and people seem to be happy with it. It’s working in our disability and others should check out Look Stairlifts.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My mother is now 92 years old and she has lived in a two-storey home for decades. Finally, it became necessary to be able to get her up and down the stairs assisted. I did a little research in advance and spoke to a couple of dealers. Then I got bids from Look Stairlifts and one other company and I decided to go with Look.

During the sales visit, Marilyn came to the house and she was delightful. We took some measurements and we discussed a couple of options because the stairway was a two-flight stairway. It goes up and then a landing and then up again. We discussed the options of either one unit that goes around the corner or two separate units. She made it pretty clear that under the circumstances, it would make more sense to do the two separate units rather than the one custom that goes around the corner and that’s what we ended up doing. She made a nice personal impression and I decided to go with their company.

They came out within a week. They did the installation and the people that came out were all very nice and efficient. There was also a demonstration. We went through the whole process and we also discussed maintenance and their warranty. The system has been in for a year now and is working quite well. It had one tiny little issue a month or two ago where it was making a little bit of a rubbing sound. I took a look at it and figured it out myself. I also took that opportunity to lube the track myself and it’s running as good as new now.

The cost seems to be commensurate with the quality. It seemed a reasonable cost when we purchased it and it held out just fine. It takes some space but it’s a wide enough stairwell that you can get by the chair even if it’s not flipped and folded. Oftentimes, we just leave it in the usable position. And it improves her quality of life tremendously because she is able to get up and down the stairs. She has a full-time live-in care now, but it’s very reassuring knowing that she’s not trying to navigate those stairs. She’s not moving all that well anymore. They’re a good honest company that gets the job done and what they promised.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My wife is incapable walking up the stairs and Look Stairlifts had the most favorable price. The sales visit was extremely smooth and good. They were very professional people and answered all my questions. They also did a nice installation job and they cleaned up very well. It was extremely positive and they did a good follow-up. We had a straight stairlift installed and I have a very, very wide staircase, so it fits quite nicely. The cost is a lot more than I really thought that should have been for a stairlift, but that’s what they all are. And it seems to be very good quality. It has impacted my wife’s life quite positively. She’s able to go up and down the stairs. I really enjoyed the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My mother had to have a hip replacement and she couldn't use her stairs. I liked what I saw when I went on Look Stairlifts' website. Also, they were wonderful. A representative came out and she talked to me about it. And they got it put in very quickly which is what we needed because my mother couldn't come home from the hospital until she had the stair lift. They were excellent and I really appreciated them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My wife is dealing with MS and the doctor recommended that we get a stairlift. We live in a two-storey and because of that, getting up and down the stairs was not only a challenge but a real concern for her. I was still working fulltime at the time and I was worried that I was going to come home and find her fallen. At first, it was a real hard sell, but when I got the people from Look to come out, the owner, Marilyn, was an angel and she wasn’t a hard sell or anything even close to that. They were a real nice, family-run company, and they treated us wonderfully. Initially, I was also concerned about the price whether or not we could afford this particular brand but it didn’t matter because of what my wife was going through.

We got the one that goes up a short flight about 5 feet then it switches back to go upstairs. There's a platform that it goes by then it goes 180 degrees, goes up, and then back. It rides up the rail on the inside on the right as you're going up the stairs, then it continues up on the right side. My wife, was a little skeptical about it at first. But it's a gift from God and a life-changing type of thing for her. It allowed her to have the confidence to be able to go upstairs and downstairs. She uses a walker for stability and she transitions rather effortlessly from the walker to the chair and vice versa. Her attitude has also gotten so much better since we got the stairlift.

It even blends in so well with the stairs that when people come in, they don’t even notice it other than the chair at the bottom station where it has the charger hooked up. The quality is beautiful, too, and we haven't had any problems with the mechanism itself. It's been working just fantastic. I have a neighbor across the street and I've suggested Look Stairlifts to her a couple of times because her husband is in his early 80s and had hip surgery. They live in the model that’s very similar to ours. I gave her a brochure and told her I was not getting anything out of it but I wanted to help them out with this product.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My parents wanted to buy a stairlift for my grandparents and Look Stairlifts was recommended by people. My interactions with their sales rep was very good. I was the person who did everything because my parents couldn’t speak any English. The rep was very courteous and was prompt. They were very informative and were very patient because we had to translate word by word. They were not pushy trying to upsell anything. We got a curved stairlift installed and it fits quite well in the stairwell. It’s good enough and it’s about the right size. The installation team was very good, punctual, clean and they were courteous. They were quiet most of the time. They informed us before they have to do anything that is major. So, it was not too bad. There was a demo on how to use the stairlift and the stairlift quality is very good. Look Stairlifts is very approachable in terms of anything that you need to work something out. They will be more than glad to do that for you.

Look Stairlifts Company Information