Look Stairlifts

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Located in beautiful Simi Valley, Look Stairlifts provides high-quality stairlift sales, installation and service to the greater Los Angeles area from Santa Barbara to Laguna Beach, from Bakersfield to Lake Arrowhead. Whether you are looking for an indoor or outdoor lift for a curved, straight or spiral staircase, Look Stairlifts has the right lift for your need. Look Stairlifts proudly offers Bruno Independent Living Aides products. A Family- and Veteran-owned business, Look Stairlifts stands behind their products, ensuring you or your loved one the best possible stairlift in the shortest possible time at the right price. Ask about Look Stairlifts financing and same-day-service. Visit our showroom to ride before you buy!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Last updated: March 21, 2018

13 Look Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 21, 2018

I'd tell my friends to go with Look Stairlifts. We got the Hawle Curved as a gift for my parents who live with me. It's the more expensive one, but we did because our staircase is curvy and my parents can't go up and down anymore. We had one more estimate but the other guy was quite a bit more. Look's representatives treated me good and I'm happy with them. They came in and gave me an estimate, I went for it, and they did everything right. I had a problem afterwards a couple of times and they came right over the same day. The stairlift is like a God-given gift for my parents since they don't have to climb the staircase.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 11, 2018

Look Stairchairs installed my Bruno SRE300 today. The installing crew was on time, professional, courteous and finished the installation in a timely manner. They gave me a full lesson on use and maintenance of the equipment and made sure I understood. Other stairlift companies had pressure type sale pitches and made me feel that I could "take it or leave it" with them and their products. Their documents were full of discrepancies and I doubt if many were legal. Tyler explained everything technical and administrative to me and made sure I was fully informed on all aspects of the product and transaction. He expressed my concerns to Marilyn, the President, who was fully cooperative when it came to the terms and conditions of the contract.

The business world needs more people like Look Stairchairs sales staff, owners and installers, who are professional and honest, especially in dealing with Senior Citizens, who are vulnerable and most likely, are a majority of their clients. I am very pleased with the product and it has already relieved the pain I had going up and down the stairs. I look forward to many years of usage and enjoyment of my stairchair.

Original review: March 10, 2018

We purchased a stairlift from Look Stairlifts and it works fine. It's nice and convenient too. They were a local business, so we went with them. Their rep was super nice at first but then when we had an issue, she was not nice. I had a $1,000 rail I paid for that I didn’t end up needing, so I called her back and told her about that, and then she didn't give me the money back which I didn't expect. But she was supposed to reimburse me because they blocked my front entrance by mistake with this rail. She was going to recoup my money I had to pay the contractor for the front door. I got $450 back for the extra piece of rail, but I didn’t get reimbursed for the door because she wasn’t budging on that. That wasn't fair but I wasn’t arguing with her. Paying the extra money is one thing and that was bad, but the lady should’ve been nicer about the whole situation.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Look Stairlifts provided the best options at the cheapest prices. The looks of their stairlifts were exceptionally good. Also, their personnel was exceptional. They came out and provided any information that we wanted. They were completely receptive to any comments I made. Overall, the quality of the stairlift we got has been good. Looks Stairlifts has done a great job. When I had issues, I called them and they came out immediately.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We have a couple of people who use canes to get away, so we couldn’t get a three-storey condo without the stairlift. When we were searching out for new houses, I contacted one company that advertised a lot. I asked if they can come over and check out our house, so we can determine whether it was wise to go ahead with buying it. They refused to come out 'cause we did not really own the house because we weren't going to buy the house without knowing if the chair was important. They weren't helpful. I tried the next company, Look Stairlifts, that I saw advertising, and they were willing to do it. They came out and talked with us before leaving. I made the decision to buy the house.

They came in, checked it out and talked to us about how it'd work. They came back, and took the measurements, and planned for the installation. They gave all the necessary information explaining what it would look like, what the time frame and prices would be. The installation team came when they said they would, and they went fine and pleasant. They’ve been very helpful. They saw one thing that wasn’t working right, and they corrected it on their own. They came out and helped us when we had a problem like when the electricity went off at one point.

There are three levels of the stairlift. One of them is straight. The others are curved. So, it's like three separate stairlifts that we've had installed. The only thing that's happened is that the remote controls went out 'cause we use it a lot. So we just had to reset them. I'll be doing that later today with one of the remotes. But having the stairlift made it possible for us to enjoy a new place. We couldn’t have gone there without it. It does what we need it to have done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Look Stairlifts?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I like the information that Look Stairlifts offered, their warranties, and how fast they could get it in. The stairlift is for my husband. He has a bad back. It was wonderful during the sales visit. It was easy and straight facts. The sales representative was very informative. It was an excellent level of service. The installation team was friendly and knowledgeable too. They didn’t waste any time sitting around. They just did their job and answered any questions I had. The stairlift is a straight one and it's perfect. It was measured perfectly and I like the compactness. It's good to be able to get it out of the way when you don’t need it. So far, it's working out fine, so its quality is holding up. It makes it easier to go up and down the stairs. Look Stairlifts did a good job. They did what they said and they were on time. I would tell others they should take it into consideration if they're looking for one.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My husband had prostate cancer and he was going downhill. He also had heart surgery a couple of years ago and he could not go up and down the stairs very well. I decided a chairlift would be good. Before the chairlift, it would take him 40 minutes to get down 12 steps and another 15 from the garage door into the car. It was hellish. It would take four people to get him into the chairlift but it was a godsend.

When the saleswoman from Look Stairlifts came in, she was very pleasant and friendly. She was also really helpful and talkative. We're about the same age and we hit it off right off the bat. I told her what the problem was and she even met my husband. She looked at the stairwell, which goes from the first floor down to the garage, measured it, and thought it was a very good idea and he would benefit greatly from it. She's been selling elevators then she recognized that the stair chair was going to be so much better because it was affordable. Compared to elevators that could cost about $100,000, this chairlift only cost me $3,500 even though it was for just one set of stairs.

She sold me on it lock, stock, and barrel because I was constantly asking all kinds of questions that you can imagine with my husband having a heart disease. She did a very good job and I was very pleased. More than selling the product, she sold herself. She was very believable and she was honest. I can pick out an honest one over somebody who's trying to sell me a bill of goods. Between her knowledge, her kindness, her thoughtfulness, and her attitude, she sold me right there. Then her son and his friend did the installation. It only took two hours for them to install it and it couldn’t have been better. I'm a registered nurse, so I know how things should go and there was no fooling around when they did it. They brought their stuff in, measured, and were professional right on the money.

I'm very glad I got the chairlift. My husband passed away in August and now, I use it because I get a little lazy. I bring my groceries up then take my trash down in it. I will keep it there because we've had people come in that used it, too. When my husband passed away, his sister came from Philadelphia. She is having heart problems and can't walk very well. It was a godsend for her, too, because she sat in the chair and rolled right up into the living room. Also, when my grandkids come, they love to go ride the chairlift. It has been wonderful and it's a staple now on our house.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We have an aging congregation and our choir room is in the basement so we needed to be able to get people down there safely. One of our parishioners have a stairlift so we wanted one for the congregation. A couple of Look Stairlifts representatives made a presentation to our board of trustee, which was quick and timeous. They were very friendly and able to address whatever questions board of trustees had and our parishioners who were involved in making the purchase. Also, the price of the stairlift wasn’t completely unreasonable.

We have a straight stairlift installed and it worked out fine even though we don't have a super wide staircase. The stairlift fits fine and people can walk beside it without any problems. They gave us a “How to use it” demonstration when they installed it and also sent us a video online that shows how it works and how to it folded up. It's now being used once a week by two choir members and people seem to be happy with it. It’s working in our disability and others should check out Look Stairlifts.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My mother is now 92 years old and she has lived in a two-storey home for decades. Finally, it became necessary to be able to get her up and down the stairs assisted. I did a little research in advance and spoke to a couple of dealers. Then I got bids from Look Stairlifts and one other company and I decided to go with Look.

During the sales visit, Marilyn came to the house and she was delightful. We took some measurements and we discussed a couple of options because the stairway was a two-flight stairway. It goes up and then a landing and then up again. We discussed the options of either one unit that goes around the corner or two separate units. She made it pretty clear that under the circumstances, it would make more sense to do the two separate units rather than the one custom that goes around the corner and that’s what we ended up doing. She made a nice personal impression and I decided to go with their company.

They came out within a week. They did the installation and the people that came out were all very nice and efficient. There was also a demonstration. We went through the whole process and we also discussed maintenance and their warranty. The system has been in for a year now and is working quite well. It had one tiny little issue a month or two ago where it was making a little bit of a rubbing sound. I took a look at it and figured it out myself. I also took that opportunity to lube the track myself and it’s running as good as new now.

The cost seems to be commensurate with the quality. It seemed a reasonable cost when we purchased it and it held out just fine. It takes some space but it’s a wide enough stairwell that you can get by the chair even if it’s not flipped and folded. Oftentimes, we just leave it in the usable position. And it improves her quality of life tremendously because she is able to get up and down the stairs. She has a full-time live-in care now, but it’s very reassuring knowing that she’s not trying to navigate those stairs. She’s not moving all that well anymore. They’re a good honest company that gets the job done and what they promised.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My wife is incapable walking up the stairs and Look Stairlifts had the most favorable price. The sales visit was extremely smooth and good. They were very professional people and answered all my questions. They also did a nice installation job and they cleaned up very well. It was extremely positive and they did a good follow-up. We had a straight stairlift installed and I have a very, very wide staircase, so it fits quite nicely. The cost is a lot more than I really thought that should have been for a stairlift, but that’s what they all are. And it seems to be very good quality. It has impacted my wife’s life quite positively. She’s able to go up and down the stairs. I really enjoyed the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My mother had to have a hip replacement and she couldn't use her stairs. I liked what I saw when I went on Look Stairlifts' website. Also, they were wonderful. A representative came out and she talked to me about it. And they got it put in very quickly which is what we needed because my mother couldn't come home from the hospital until she had the stair lift. They were excellent and I really appreciated them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My wife is dealing with MS and the doctor recommended that we get a stairlift. We live in a two-storey and because of that, getting up and down the stairs was not only a challenge but a real concern for her. I was still working fulltime at the time and I was worried that I was going to come home and find her fallen. At first, it was a real hard sell, but when I got the people from Look to come out, the owner, Marilyn, was an angel and she wasn’t a hard sell or anything even close to that. They were a real nice, family-run company, and they treated us wonderfully. Initially, I was also concerned about the price whether or not we could afford this particular brand but it didn’t matter because of what my wife was going through.

We got the one that goes up a short flight about 5 feet then it switches back to go upstairs. There's a platform that it goes by then it goes 180 degrees, goes up, and then back. It rides up the rail on the inside on the right as you're going up the stairs, then it continues up on the right side. My wife, was a little skeptical about it at first. But it's a gift from God and a life-changing type of thing for her. It allowed her to have the confidence to be able to go upstairs and downstairs. She uses a walker for stability and she transitions rather effortlessly from the walker to the chair and vice versa. Her attitude has also gotten so much better since we got the stairlift.

It even blends in so well with the stairs that when people come in, they don’t even notice it other than the chair at the bottom station where it has the charger hooked up. The quality is beautiful, too, and we haven't had any problems with the mechanism itself. It's been working just fantastic. I have a neighbor across the street and I've suggested Look Stairlifts to her a couple of times because her husband is in his early 80s and had hip surgery. They live in the model that’s very similar to ours. I gave her a brochure and told her I was not getting anything out of it but I wanted to help them out with this product.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My parents wanted to buy a stairlift for my grandparents and Look Stairlifts was recommended by people. My interactions with their sales rep was very good. I was the person who did everything because my parents couldn’t speak any English. The rep was very courteous and was prompt. They were very informative and were very patient because we had to translate word by word. They were not pushy trying to upsell anything. We got a curved stairlift installed and it fits quite well in the stairwell. It’s good enough and it’s about the right size. The installation team was very good, punctual, clean and they were courteous. They were quiet most of the time. They informed us before they have to do anything that is major. So, it was not too bad. There was a demo on how to use the stairlift and the stairlift quality is very good. Look Stairlifts is very approachable in terms of anything that you need to work something out. They will be more than glad to do that for you.

Look Stairlifts Company Information

Look Stairlifts
4565 Industrial St Unit 7H
Simi Valley

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.