4.4/5 (35 reviews)
Author picture
Edited by

Overall Rating4.4 out of 5

About Lifeway Mobility

Lifeway Mobility offers accessibility aids that can help make your home safer and more comfortable. Its products include stair lifts, ramps, wheelchair lifts, elevators, baths, showers and transfer aids. Lifeway also provides installation services and free consultations. The company currently has locations in 25 states.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Free consultations
  • Rental and pre-owned options
  • Professional installation available

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Limited pricing on website

Bottom Line

Lifeway Mobility sells home accessibility aids and provides professional installation and free in-home and remote consultations. Just make sure you’re in one of the states it serves before you reach out.

What is Lifeway Mobility?

Lifeway Mobility sells mobility and accessibility solutions in 25 states. The company offers everything from battery-powered stair lifts to grab bars to help people make their homes more accessible so they can age in place.

Lifeway has multiple locations across the country with broad service areas. However, it’s worth checking out the company’s locations on its website to see if it can help you. At the time of publishing, most of its service areas are in California and across the Upper Midwest, Northeast, Rocky Mountains and Southeast. The company is planning to open new locations soon.

How does Lifeway Mobility work?

If you’re interested in Lifeway Mobility and you live in an area it serves, reach out for a free in-home or remote consultation. To request this evaluation, you need to either call the company or fill out the online form on its website. From there, a local team member assesses your needs and helps you find products that fit your home. You should also receive a quote at the end of your consultation.

Lifeway Mobility products

Lifeway Mobility offers products to make your home easier to live in. Whether you have a straight or curved staircase, indoor or outdoor stairs or a wheelchair you need to get up the stairs, Lifeway Mobility has products to help.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elan: This battery-operated lift has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. It has continuous charge strips, obstruction safety sensors and a padded swivel seat that can flip up along with its armrests and footrest.
  • Bruno Elite: The Elite is similar to the Elan but with some advanced features, like a weight capacity of 400 pounds and extra padding in the seats. It also has adjustable-width armrests and upholstery and track color options that don’t come with the Elan.
  • Handicare 1100: This lift's 80-degree swivel seat can be manually or power-operated. Safety sensors stop the lift from running over obstacles, and brush heads on the rail clear dust. It comes with textured footrests, two remote controls and a retractable seat belt. Its weight capacity is 309 pounds.
  • Handicare 1000: This stair lift can be used indoors or outdoors. Depending on the model and seat selected, its weight capacity ranges from 300 to 440 pounds. It comes with multiple safety sensors and a retractable seat belt.
  • Savaria K2: This battery-operated lift has a weight capacity ranging from 300 to 350 pounds, depending on the angle of the stairs. Safety features include a seat that swivels and locks, a retractable seat belt, an anti-slip footrest and obstacle sensors.
  • Harmar Pinnacle SL600: This lightweight model has a weight capacity of 350 pounds and a height-adjustable seat. Safety sensors prevent issues or hitting obstacles. In the case of a power outage, this chair can continue operating for up to 40 trips.
  • Harmar Pinnacle SL600HD: This model is similar to the SL600, except it has a weight capacity of 600 pounds. A retractable seat belt and a key lock are available as optional features.

The Bruno Elan and Elite models are also available to rent.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elite Curved: This lift is battery-operated, and it comes with two wireless remotes. It has obstruction sensors, a swivel seat and a weight capacity of 400 pounds.
  • Harmar Helix: This model is built with a dual-style steel rail. It works with standard 90- or 180-degree turns as well as spiral staircases. There are charging stations at the top and bottom to keep it charged when not in use. It has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
  • Handicare Freecurve: This single-tube lift comes with features such as a retractable seat belt, a swivel seat, top and bottom charging stations, and two wireless remotes. It has a weight capacity of 275 pounds.
  • Savaria Stairfriend: This battery-powered, dual-rail model is designed for both curves and landings. It includes a swivel seat and obstruction sensors and has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
  • Handicare 2000: The Handicare 2000 is a twin-rail system that's custom built to fit snugly against your home's wall. You can choose between multiple rail color and seat options, and the company has an outdoor model available. The weight limit for the base model is 255 pounds, but a heavy-duty option can support up to 302 pounds.
At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elite Outdoor Straight: This model is designed to handle harsh weather, and it comes with a weather-resistant cover. It has all the standard features of other Bruno Elite models and a weight capacity of 400 pounds.
  • Bruno Elite Outdoor Curved: Like the straight model, this curved Elite is designed to deal with harsh weather. It also includes the standard Bruno Elite features and has a 400-pound weight capacity.
  • Harmar 350: This model comes with an aluminum track that’s designed to handle the elements, so it can handle temperatures from zero to 125 degrees. It mounts to the stairs instead of the wall and operates on standard 115 VAC household power. This lift has a 350-pound weight rating.
  • Hawle HW 11 Outdoor Curved: This lift comes with zinc-coated railing to withstand all seasons. This chair has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
Inclined lifts use a platform to carry a wheelchair user over a flight of stairs. When not in use, the inclined lift can fold up so the staircase isn’t hindered. Lifeway’s offerings have a weight capacity of 550 pounds.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:

• Savaria Delta: This lift can be used indoors or outdoors on straight staircases. It can travel up to 80 feet, and it’s ADA compliant.
  • Savaria Omega: This lift can be used indoors or outdoors on curved staircases, too. It can travel up to 164 feet, and it’s also ADA compliant.
Lifeway Mobility also offers used stair lifts, vertical lifts, elevators and a variety of non-lift accessibility products.

Lifeway Mobility stair lift costs

It's difficult to find specific prices because a variety of factors affect how much a stair lift costs. However, Lifeway does outline some average cost on its website:

• Straight stair lifts typically cost between $2,200 and $8,000.
  • Stair lifts for curved stairs start at $11,300 and range higher, depending on stairway configuration, location and upgrade options.
  • Outdoor stair lifts start around $7,000.

For information on pricing for used stair lifts and rental options, you'll need to contact Lifeway Mobility for a free quote.

If you’re having trouble affording a stair lift, Lifeway can help you find funding sources. Financing is also available for most products the company offers.

Lifeway Mobility FAQ

Does Lifeway Mobility offer installation services?

Yes, Lifeway Mobility offers installation.

Where is Lifeway Mobility located?

Lifeway Mobility has multiple locations that allow it to serve customers in:

• California
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
Does Lifeway Mobility do an in-home consultation?

Yes, Lifeway Mobility offers free in-home consultations. Remote consultations are also available.

Which stair lift brands does Lifeway Mobility sell?

Lifeway Mobility is a Bruno Diamond dealer, but it also sells products from brands such as:

• EZ-ACCESS
  • Handicare
  • Savaria
  • Harmar
  • Hawle
Does Lifeway Mobility offer a warranty?

Lifeway Mobility offers a one-year warranty on labor on new stair lifts. Warranties for used stair lifts are for three or six months. The products Lifeway sells also generally come with a manufacturer’s warranty covering major components and parts.

Do we recommend Lifeway Mobility?

Overall, Lifeway Mobility is a good company to consider if you’re looking for mobility and accessibility solutions. It has a number of products available to help make homes safer and more comfortable for those looking to aging in place. However, Lifeway Mobility currently serves only 25 states, so you’ll want to check the list of states above or enter your ZIP code on their website to verify the company serves your area.

Lifeway Mobility Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeway Mobility?
Original review: March 31, 2023

The installation was a little rocky in the beginning because the sales rep thought that they'd be able to put the chairlift into my stairs outside. But when they got there to install it, it got ripped right out of the brick. So we had to have a masonry person, not through Lifeway, come and cut out holes in our stairs, and add cement. Then Lifeway came back and installed the chairlift, and it was fine. The chairlift is really sturdy and very safe. We also had Lifeway do a tub cut for us, turning the tub into a shower back into a tub kind of thing. We posted it on TikTok, and it's gone viral.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the initial inconvenience, but as you mentioned, we came back out to install it on the new surface. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stair lift and bath tub conversion. Our team would love to see the TikTok if you wouldn't mind sharing the link in a private response!

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2023

I have arthritis, osteoporosis, and Parkinson's. I was also having back surgery and I knew that I needed some help in the meantime with the stairs. A caregiver and a neighbor knew of someone who had one of those stairlift systems and was happy with it. I talked to her before having Lifeway Mobility come in and show me what they had available. The representative was very good and efficient. He wasn't one of those salesy types that pushes anything. He was just very knowledgeable about the technical side of the product and all those considerations in coming up with something that would work. When considering Lifeway, take your time and do the work. One of the reasons I went with Lifeway was they offered a model that is made in the US and I wanted to stick with something made here.

I got the curved stairlift option and it fits very well. It looks like it's part of the home. The install was okay. The install crew was completely different from the representative I initially worked with. One of them had a bit of an attitude. I had new carpets and things installed in the house and I asked them to either remove their shoes or put the booties on and they did not do that. They refused to do that. Their attitude was, "One of our friends did that and he fell and broke his foot." They didn't feel it was safe.

The stairlift was extremely expensive and that will be borne out over time. That aside, the stairlift seems very good so far and it works very smoothly. In the morning when I go down, I use the stairlift. At night coming up and when I'm more tired, I use the stairlift. With Parkinson's, things could get worse over time. But I'm confident knowing I have something there that allows me to stay in my home.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We'll pass along the kind words to our team. It's great to have been able to provide a solution that makes it easier for you to navigate the stairs. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift!

Original review: March 12, 2023

The tech was fine. The only thing I had a problem with was the remote control which didn't work really well. They didn't spend enough time with that part of it and wanted to get on. It was like they were running late for another appointment. But otherwise, they did a good job. The stairlift is a big investment and I use it all the time going up and down the stairs. I definitely recommend investing in one. I have an appointment on Friday with someone who will check out the remote.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on the installation of your stair lift. We're sorry that the technicians that installed it did not take enough time with demonstrating how to work the remote control for the unit. We'll share this with our team as our technicians are trained to take as much time as needed to demonstrate how the unit works and all of its features. The appointment on Friday should allow the technician to get that solved for you though.

It's great to hear that the lift has made getting up and down the stairs much easier for you. Thanks for the recommendation and for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift!

Original review: March 7, 2023

I had a stairlift that’s a step higher quality for my wife and the sales guy from Lifeway Mobility and I looked at it and we decided I didn't need that quality. So, he didn't try and oversell me. I took the lesser one which has worked out perfectly. He showed me all the options and then, he measured the stairs and quoted me a price. It was comparable to what most of them have but Lifeway’s service is way beyond the other ones.

The installer was outstanding. He was clean and put on those little footy things over his shoes. He put down some kind of a blanket at the bottom of the stairs for his tools so no grease would get there. He was efficient and explained to me what he was doing. The stairlift is a different model than what I had before so he explained everything thoroughly and he did an excellent job on putting it. The older stair climber was heavy and a completely different model, so it took him a while to get that down to put the new one in. But that wasn't his fault. Everybody I dealt with were excellent. Lifeway Mobility was way better than the other company that I used before, so I'm pleased. They do a lot of other things other than stairlifts. They do elevators and all kinds of other handicap type stuff. I would recommend them to anybody that needs those kinds of products.

Lifeway Mobility response

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your experience with our local team members. It's great to hear you were most satisfied with the customer service provided by both the consultant and installer. Thank you for the recommendation and for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stair lift!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The sales rep with Lifeway Mobility came to the house, did the measurements, and gave me the estimate. I accepted it and they came and installed the stairlift. It's on the side of the house so it's perfect. I'm interested in how things work mechanically. I asked the installer, "Would you mind if I held your hand while you did this so I can see how it works?" He was very personable young man, and he said, "Thank you for asking. I'm happy to have you here." He went through everything. He hooked it up, showed me the components of the different methods of operating it from the seat, the mechanism in the seat to make it work, and using it to go up and down with the remote. So far, the stairlift has been fabulous.

Lifeway Mobility response

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback in a 5* review. One of Lifeway's core values is to "Put People First". We're happy to hear our local team honored that value by taking the time to ensure you understand how to operate the lift and how everything worked. We strive to provide this type of customer service for every customer that we serve! Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift.

Original review: March 30, 2023

Daniel was very knowledgeable. He sold us the $5,000 chair. But then he realized that that chair was too small, so they sent us the heavier weight chair. Which was good because we needed it, but it was $6,000. The first installation was okay. The installer was very nice. He hooked up something that caused my circuit to break. He was running an electric drill off the bathroom. Other than that, everything went fine. He installed it in about an hour and a half. Then we needed the second chair. We had the same installer, but he had an assistant with them. They got there at about 10:15. They didn't leave my house till about 5:00.

They brought the wrong motor. They didn't have the right wire, which is the problem today. Now, I have called several times. This was in December. My husband and I went to Hawaii and we were there for two weeks. So when we came back, the chair was installed. So the chair have caused several problem. I have called and told them many times what's happening. I have three outlets that have been blown because it trips the circuits. The rep said it was something that we were obviously doing. But I said, "Well, no. We probably need an electrician to come and look at what's going on." Because when the guys were here installing it, the circuit breaker tripped three or four times. They told the boss and they said, "No, it didn't. It only did it once." So I said, "Well, no. I'm sitting here watching them." I had to hire my own electrician to come out and take a look and see what was going on.

My electrician doesn't want to touch their equipment because it's their equipment. He said he has to research why this thing is happening. So I said, okay. This guy told him nothing happened, and that everything was fine. I said, "No, you gotta come here and see it." Then he wanted me to pay so much money in order for them to come back out here.

I explained to Lifeway that my mechanic said that they have put on some faulty wiring. Then the rep said, "Well, we don't do any wiring." I said, "Well, your guys brought the wrong extension cord or some type of extension. And they went out and bought a Christmas tree extension, which is not the proper extension." It has been a nightmare. Every time a phone call has been made, I've made it. I told him that I would like to take him to court. I am at this point very dissatisfied.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience. We should have identified that the larger chair was the right solution ahead of time, which would have prevented having to come back out to install the larger chair. While this is not the norm, we'll still pass this along to your team to prevent this from happening again in the future. Thank you for choosing Lifeway Mobility. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions or concerns. We're here to help!

Original review: March 25, 2023

Glen, the salesperson, did a good job. We enjoyed the presentation. We went to a showroom and also liked that we could touch, ride and feel the stairlift. The installer, Louis, explained everything and showed us how to operate the stairlift. We felt comfortable that we'd be able to let my mom know how to deal with that equipment. He answered all our questions and cleaned up everything after him. The only minor inconvenience is when the chair turns, sometimes you need to find this perfect position where it locks. Sometimes you need to go back and forth a little bit. You need to adjust a little bit and before this adjustment happens, you cannot move.

Original review: March 24, 2023

I went over to their facility in Arlington Heights, Illinois, and talked to a gentleman there and looked at a demonstrator unit they had and signed up for it. We went through the different aspects of how to install it, where it goes, and how it works. Then three weeks later, they said they would be there to install the stairlift, and they did. The gentleman showed me how to operate it, and it took about 10 minutes, and we were done. The stairlift works very well. It seems like a very high quality unit.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you were able to make it out to the showroom to look and test out the stair lift. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Original review: March 14, 2023

The rep was outstanding and the installation was very efficient and neat. The communication was excellent in terms of keeping us informed of when things were happening and how they're gonna be done. I was very impressed. The techs provided friendly service and they were very clean. They finished that day. The quality is excellent and I've been using the Lifeway frequently. It has made a huge difference in my ability to get to the things I need upstairs.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate the positive feedback on the installation of your stair lift and your experience with our team throughout the entire process. Please let us know if you need further assistance as we're always here to help. We're so glad the stair lift has made such a positive difference in your daily life. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Original review: March 13, 2023

I liked the price of Lifeway. Their sales guy was the best and they were able to get the stairlift to me the fastest. The installation was very seamless and professional. There was a lot of attention to detail. The installers were very courteous and they cleaned up after themselves. So far, the stairlift works perfectly. It has a very smooth operation and it's very safe. We're really pleased with it.

Lifeway Mobility response

We're happy you felt the price offered was fair and that the installation was done seamlessly and professionally. Our technicians are trained and licensed and take pride in their work! Best of all, it's great to hear the stair lift works perfectly and that it's provided a safe way for your family to use the stairs at home. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Lifeway Mobility Company Information