4.8/5 (21 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lifeway Mobility

Lifeway Mobility offers accessibility aids that can help make your home safer and more comfortable. Its products include stair lifts, ramps, wheelchair lifts, elevators, baths, showers and transfer aids. Lifeway also provides installation services and free consultations. The company currently has locations in 25 states.

Pros

• Free consultations
  • Rental and pre-owned options
  • Professional installation available

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Limited pricing on website

Bottom Line

Lifeway Mobility sells home accessibility aids and provides professional installation and free in-home and remote consultations. Just make sure you’re in one of the states it serves before you reach out.

What is Lifeway Mobility?

Lifeway Mobility sells mobility and accessibility solutions in 25 states. The company offers everything from battery-powered stair lifts to grab bars to help people make their homes more accessible so they can age in place.

Lifeway has multiple locations across the country with broad service areas. However, it’s worth checking out the company’s locations on its website to see if it can help you. At the time of publishing, most of its service areas are in California and across the Upper Midwest, Northeast, Rocky Mountains and Southeast. The company is planning to open new locations soon.

How does Lifeway Mobility work?

If you’re interested in Lifeway Mobility and you live in an area it serves, reach out for a free in-home or remote consultation. To request this evaluation, you need to either call the company or fill out the online form on its website. From there, a local team member assesses your needs and helps you find products that fit your home. You should also receive a quote at the end of your consultation.

Lifeway Mobility products

Lifeway Mobility offers products to make your home easier to live in. Whether you have a straight or curved staircase, indoor or outdoor stairs or a wheelchair you need to get up the stairs, Lifeway Mobility has products to help.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elan: This battery-operated lift has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. It has continuous charge strips, obstruction safety sensors and a padded swivel seat that can flip up along with its armrests and footrest.
  • Bruno Elite: The Elite is similar to the Elan but with some advanced features, like a weight capacity of 400 pounds and extra padding in the seats. It also has adjustable-width armrests and upholstery and track color options that don’t come with the Elan.
  • Handicare 1100: This lift's 80-degree swivel seat can be manually or power-operated. Safety sensors stop the lift from running over obstacles, and brush heads on the rail clear dust. It comes with textured footrests, two remote controls and a retractable seat belt. Its weight capacity is 309 pounds.
  • Handicare 1000: This stair lift can be used indoors or outdoors. Depending on the model and seat selected, its weight capacity ranges from 300 to 440 pounds. It comes with multiple safety sensors and a retractable seat belt.
  • Savaria K2: This battery-operated lift has a weight capacity ranging from 300 to 350 pounds, depending on the angle of the stairs. Safety features include a seat that swivels and locks, a retractable seat belt, an anti-slip footrest and obstacle sensors.
  • Harmar Pinnacle SL600: This lightweight model has a weight capacity of 350 pounds and a height-adjustable seat. Safety sensors prevent issues or hitting obstacles. In the case of a power outage, this chair can continue operating for up to 40 trips.
  • Harmar Pinnacle SL600HD: This model is similar to the SL600, except it has a weight capacity of 600 pounds. A retractable seat belt and a key lock are available as optional features.

The Bruno Elan and Elite models are also available to rent.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elite Curved: This lift is battery-operated, and it comes with two wireless remotes. It has obstruction sensors, a swivel seat and a weight capacity of 400 pounds.
  • Harmar Helix: This model is built with a dual-style steel rail. It works with standard 90- or 180-degree turns as well as spiral staircases. There are charging stations at the top and bottom to keep it charged when not in use. It has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
  • Handicare Freecurve: This single-tube lift comes with features such as a retractable seat belt, a swivel seat, top and bottom charging stations, and two wireless remotes. It has a weight capacity of 275 pounds.
  • Savaria Stairfriend: This battery-powered, dual-rail model is designed for both curves and landings. It includes a swivel seat and obstruction sensors and has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
  • Handicare 2000: The Handicare 2000 is a twin-rail system that's custom built to fit snugly against your home's wall. You can choose between multiple rail color and seat options, and the company has an outdoor model available. The weight limit for the base model is 255 pounds, but a heavy-duty option can support up to 302 pounds.
At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:
  • Bruno Elite Outdoor Straight: This model is designed to handle harsh weather, and it comes with a weather-resistant cover. It has all the standard features of other Bruno Elite models and a weight capacity of 400 pounds.
  • Bruno Elite Outdoor Curved: Like the straight model, this curved Elite is designed to deal with harsh weather. It also includes the standard Bruno Elite features and has a 400-pound weight capacity.
  • Harmar 350: This model comes with an aluminum track that’s designed to handle the elements, so it can handle temperatures from zero to 125 degrees. It mounts to the stairs instead of the wall and operates on standard 115 VAC household power. This lift has a 350-pound weight rating.
  • Hawle HW 11 Outdoor Curved: This lift comes with zinc-coated railing to withstand all seasons. This chair has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
Inclined lifts use a platform to carry a wheelchair user over a flight of stairs. When not in use, the inclined lift can fold up so the staircase isn’t hindered. Lifeway’s offerings have a weight capacity of 550 pounds.

At the time of publishing, Lifeway Mobility offers the following models:

• Savaria Delta: This lift can be used indoors or outdoors on straight staircases. It can travel up to 80 feet, and it’s ADA compliant.
  • Savaria Omega: This lift can be used indoors or outdoors on curved staircases, too. It can travel up to 164 feet, and it’s also ADA compliant.
Lifeway Mobility also offers used stair lifts, vertical lifts, elevators and a variety of non-lift accessibility products.

Lifeway Mobility stair lift costs

It's difficult to find specific prices because a variety of factors affect how much a stair lift costs. However, Lifeway does outline some average cost on its website:

• Straight stair lifts typically cost between $2,200 and $5,000.
  • Stair lifts for curved stairs start at $9,800 and range up to $21,000 and higher, depending on stairway configuration, location and upgrade options.
  • Outdoor stair lifts start around $7,000.

For information on pricing for used stair lifts and rental options, you'll need to contact Lifeway Mobility for a free quote.

If you’re having trouble affording a stair lift, Lifeway can help you find funding sources. Financing is also available for most products the company offers.

Lifeway Mobility FAQ

Does Lifeway Mobility offer installation services?

Yes, Lifeway Mobility offers installation.

Where is Lifeway Mobility located?

Lifeway Mobility has multiple locations that allow it to serve customers in:

• California
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming
Does Lifeway Mobility do an in-home consultation?

Yes, Lifeway Mobility offers free in-home consultations. Remote consultations are also available.

Which stair lift brands does Lifeway Mobility sell?

Lifeway Mobility is a Bruno Diamond dealer, but it also sells products from brands such as:

• EZ-ACCESS
  • Handicare
  • Savaria
  • Harmar
  • Hawle
Does Lifeway Mobility offer a warranty?

Lifeway Mobility offers a one-year warranty on labor on new stair lifts. Warranties for used stair lifts are for three or six months. The products Lifeway sells also generally come with a manufacturer’s warranty covering major components and parts.

Do we recommend Lifeway Mobility?

Overall, Lifeway Mobility is a good company to consider if you’re looking for mobility and accessibility solutions. It has a number of products available to help make homes safer and more comfortable for those looking to aging in place. However, Lifeway Mobility currently serves only 25 states, so you’ll want to check the list of states above or enter your ZIP code on their website to verify the company serves your area.

Lifeway Mobility Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeway Mobility?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I purchased a Used one and it has been a life saver for my husband since he can now be at home! The installer was very nice and informative and I would give him a raise or a nice XMAS Bonus!!!! He answered all my questions and made sure I knew how it worked before he left. I found your ad online & was contacted right away and was not pressured at all to purchase it. Love your company!

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It's so great to hear how helpful the stair lift has been for your husband. We'll definitely pass along the kind words to our local team in MN. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I had Lifeway Mobility install a stairlift for my 91 year old, mobility challenged Mother. We could not be happier! From the initial sales contact through installation, Lifeway Mobility was on top of everything. Professional, courteous, punctual and knowledgeable all describe our experience. The stairlift has improved my Mother's quality of life. Thank you, Lifeway Mobility!

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to have been able to provide a safe solution for the stairs that has improved your mother's quality of life. It's so great to hear that your experience matches the 5* experience we strive to provide to every customer. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stair lift!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The sales rep with Lifeway Mobility came to the house, did the measurements, and gave me the estimate. I accepted it and they came and installed the stairlift. It's on the side of the house so it's perfect. I'm interested in how things work mechanically. I asked the installer, "Would you mind if I held your hand while you did this so I can see how it works?" He was very personable young man, and he said, "Thank you for asking. I'm happy to have you here." He went through everything. He hooked it up, showed me the components of the different methods of operating it from the seat, the mechanism in the seat to make it work, and using it to go up and down with the remote. So far, the stairlift has been fabulous.

Lifeway Mobility response

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback in a 5* review. One of Lifeway's core values is to "Put People First". We're happy to hear our local team honored that value by taking the time to ensure you understand how to operate the lift and how everything worked. We strive to provide this type of customer service for every customer that we serve! Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift.

Original review: March 11, 2022

My girlfriend and I are 75-plus and we need something to get up the front stairs and the inside stairs. I checked out Lifeway and found that their prices are reasonable. I can also get used ones even. Instead of paying $10,000 for a new one, I can get one for a lot less. Look into Lifeway. Installations are good and the people are hardworking.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback on your experience with Lifeway Mobility. We're glad to hear you found the prices to be reasonable and that we could assist in providing a safe and affordable way for you and your girlfriend to get up the stairs at home. Thank you for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

They did a great job installing the stairlift. But they didn’t tell me when they were coming until they were in Baltimore and then they were about an hour and a half away. I had an old stairlift unattached to the floor, but it’s really long and heavy, and I couldn't get it out. So when the installer came in, he cut it for us, and we got it out. I really appreciated that. Then he put the new one in, and it's great. It works and looks good. So I’m really happy with it. One nice thing that I really like a lot is that when you get to the top of the steps, the chair swivels around. The stairlift is for my wife. So when she gets up, she's not getting up on the steps. She’s getting up away from the steps. So that's really good. It’s a lot safer than the old one.

Lifeway Mobility response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on the installation of your stairlift! We apologize for the communication issues and will review that with our team to prevent that from happening in the future. Typically, our technicians will call when they're about 15 minutes away.

We're happy to hear you and your wife are happy with the new stairlift. The swivel feature is great as it does allow for a safe exit at the top landing as you mentioned.

Thank you for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stairlift!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I got a stairlift for myself from Lifeway Mobility. It does the job. They could improve on their pricing though.

Lifeway Mobility response

We're glad to hear you're happy with your new stair lift. Our pricing is very competitive with other companies in the market. There may be times that our quote is slightly higher than a competitor, but other companies don't always offer as extensive of a warranty, quality of work, or service after installation. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

There are not enough words to express our gratitude for the wonderful service that was provided by Wally ** the tech from Lifeway. He went above and beyond as he serviced our Bruno stairlift. He was right on time, wonderfully personable, totally professional, and a great representative of his company. The company is outstanding, very responsive to customer needs. We are lucky to have this company in our area.

Lifeway Mobility response

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback on your experience with Lifeway Mobility and your kind words about Wally. We'll always be here to help!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Everything has been good. I haven't had any problems with the Lifeway Mobility stairlift and we love it.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback on the installation of your stair lift. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you run into any issues or have any questions. We're here to help! Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

My experience through most of the process was great. From the first sales call through the installation. Then came time to pay the bill. The Customer Service was horrible and communication was either confusing or non existent. I'm paying my final bill months later but this all could have been resolved with better communication and staff.

Lifeway Mobility response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. While we're happy to hear your experience from the first call through installation was great, we're sorry for the inconvenience with trying to pay your bill. We'll pass this along to our local team as this falls below the 5* experience we strive to provide to every customer. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility for your stair lift!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I have arthritis throughout my hips, legs and knees and I was unable to get down the steps. I talked to the rep over the phone briefly and we made the deal. The installer from Lifeway Mobility installed the stairlift in three and a half hours and the quality is rock solid. I am impressed. The stairlift gives me the capability of going down the stairs to the shower.

Lifeway Mobility response

We're so happy to hear how great the stair lift has been for you and that you're highly satisfied with the quality of the chair. Thanks for choosing Lifeway Mobility!

Lifeway Mobility Company Information