4.64/5
Based on 1,497 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 24, 2018

1497 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I wanted a security system for when I'm away for an extended period of time. I also wanted to have better knowledge of what's going on in the house. I figured that having Link Interactive would be a good idea since I wanted a do-it-yourself home security system with monitoring. Not only were they one of the top-rated providers in the net, their website also allows me to select and purchase the components I was interested in. Also, they were cheaper than the other company I was considering to take a peek. Installing the system was easy. I decided to start out with just door sensors since I'm not worried about the windows. So far, the quality of the equipment is fine. In addition, their smartphone features are good and I'm happy with it.

The one thing I wasn't impressed by is when I had to fill out something on the website and I thought I had purchased it. I got a call a day later asking if I wanted to finish signing up since there was a contract. At that point, they offered me a discount so that was nice. Other than that, I called their customer service for a couple of questions that they were able to answer. My alarm went off once and they immediately called and then I told them that I didn't want to escalate it to the police.

Link Interactive response

Happy to hear you got all the help you needed, and please let us know if you ever need anything else!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Link Interactive had the best price and the technology I wanted. And when I called, their sales rep was great. We started off with me picking the features that I wanted then she worked me down to a package that was less money. It was a very good experience. The quality of service was very good and they have great customer service too. They get you what you need, not what they want to push on you. I have the Qolsys IQ 2 and I use a lot of its features. Before, my house was wired with the sensors but she convinced me to go with the wireless sensors and that worked out really good. That way, I didn't have to wire in my system. I also have the smoke detector and instead of replacing all my units, I put that one device up there and I didn't need to replace any of my smoke detectors. The system has been very intuitive and easy to use, and I’d probably never have to call them again.

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

The people at Link Interactive seemed knowledgeable about the products that they're selling. I got a smart home system so everything is connected and the system works really well. Plus, it's DIY so the installation was simple and straightforward.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. We strive to take care of our customers. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I already had a home security system but I became a bit disgruntled with ADT so I started looking for alternatives. Link Interactive is very good and it's been a very positive experience overall although there are two growth areas that they would have to take note. One of the first panels that they sent me was bad and they had to send me a second one. But it was fine and the customer service experience of having that replaced was good. And the other thing is I felt like as somebody who didn't really want to have to install my own system and there weren't a lot of alternatives to ADT out there. I went ahead and took the leap and Link Interactive’s system works well. All the reps, when I called and talked to them, were phenomenal, very friendly, and very effective.

But I would love to see more channel partners and some local alarm companies that are certified to work with their equipment because it's not something that I wanted to have to do at this stage in my life. During installation, we highjacked most of my ADT sensors and that process was very good and very positive. I contacted the sales guy and he walked me through taking some photos of the insides of the sensors. Then, they confirmed that it will work and they told me to trust them and call them when I get the kit. They said that they’ll walk me through how to load all of those sensors and recognize the sensors. And that all worked fine. The instructions were good and the personnel were unfailingly patient and effective.

The features are very good. My wife and I have both been very happy with the way that the app integrates and I'm looking forward to when I have some more time using some of the other Z-Wave devices to try to add a few smarter features to the home like hanging crude type of stuff. So far, so good and we're very happy with that. However, the web pages that I can go to on Link Interactive that shows me some of the options for some of the Z-Wave compatible devices are out of date and incomplete like I bought a lamp and switch. It was completely different than the one that was on the webpage. It’s fine but it's an area where Link Interactive could up their game a little bit if they wanted to. The cost is also very good and that’s their clear strength.

I've already recommended Link Interactive to several people with the caveat to make sure they feel like having to do all of that stuff on their own. A couple of colleagues are going to probably do it. I hope it's a really successful endeavor. Link is an old company but this is rebranding and new go to market strategy. It's great and I am particularly a fan of their being competitors of ADT.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I had a home security system for 13 years from different companies. I have tried ADT and AT&T. But when I came up with Link Interactive, I ended up choosing them. Their monthly charges are much less when compared with ADT and AT&T but a little bit more expensive than the newcomers like Xfinity Home Security. Xfinity is offering the same service, including the camera, for $22 a month, but they don't have the glass breaking sensor technology. Link Interactive charges $35 with everything included, like cameras, video recording and home automation. ADT had double the prices and AT&T charges $60 a month or higher.

I ordered the Link system online and I did the installation myself. Sometimes I messed it up and I have used different tools, but I'm not a professional installer. When the system was activated, there was an incident that happened at 4 o'clock in the morning. The sliding door opened, but nobody told me about it and checked if everything was okay. So I wondered if the system was really working. They told me that I have to call and activate it. It was not clear with the original order since I was doing everything by myself. If I went to a sales agent, she might have told me about it. But after that, I sent the email to activate the system right away.

The home automation is truly an advantage, but they work only with certain companies for the doorbell, the light switches, certain lights, and so on. For example, I have a ring doorbell and they work only with the SkyBell company. I can connect that doorbell to the system, but it would be nice if I can also add different brands to their system. However, at this time, everything is what I would use with all the latest technologies and features. I have a a Lorex brand home security camera, but I had to go with a different camera that they had. I have the ring doorbell, but I'm using multiple apps right now. For all the lighting switches and the home automation, I have a separate app. Moreover, I have to get Amazon Echo to control what I cannot control. In addition, they have a different thermostat, while I have the Ecobee.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for the review. We continue to integrate with more manufacturers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Prior to switching over to Link Interactive, we've always had an alarm system to feel safe, secure and protected. My previous provider's rate was really high, and they were also charging extra for home automation, which was outrageous considering a lot of other companies were offering home automation with their home security system. It was pleasant talking to the people at Link Interactive. They were very professional and upfront about all the costs, and they were willing to work with us in terms of price and equipment. However, we had some hiccup. They made some promises and I had to remind them several times to get it to go through. But in the end, it worked out, so I was satisfied with the whole service.

The smartphone’s Bluetooth feature was one major plus about the system, and we love it. It is private to us, so even though the equipment was pricier, it only makes our life a lot more convenient. I did a self-install and it was straightforward. The only thing we had to change was the panels. We already have the door sensors and the motion sensors from the previous provider, and they were compatible with that of Link Interactive. We took down the whole panel and put in a new a new one, and then put in the power cable. Everything was through Alarm.com which we were familiar with, so we knew how to put in codes.

The home automation works just the way that we wanted to, and the connection between the panel and the home automation equipment is seamless. Link Interactive has door locks, so if I lock the door, the panel picks it up really quick and knows that it's locked. And when we unlock it, it's immediate too. In terms of security, it has all the features that we want, but in terms of home automation, I have to use another system to control the lighting, the entertainment system, and thermostat. I wanted everything to be in one system. We hoped that Link Interactive’s home automation would support everything, but it doesn't. Maybe in the future, it would, but for now, it's fine and we just have to deal with two systems.

Link Interactive’s monthly rate is really good for the service, and the cost of the equipment is worth it, so everything is fair. The only concern about the functionality of the system was the timing. We had one incident where we forgot to turn off the alarm and left it on for about 30 seconds, and they didn't respond or call us at all. That worried us a bit, so hopefully, that's not going to be the case when a real incident occurs. Nevertheless, Link Interactive’s phone support is really short as far as wait times, and their team is really helpful and responds to emails as well. The system is very good, and I'm happy with its overall quality and functionality.

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I needed a security system and purchased one from Link Interactive based on their reviews, pricing and customer service when I spoke to them. The sales rep I spoke with gave me information, then put together how they are in comparison with different companies. She helped me paint a picture in my mind of the differences between the different home security system companies and Link. She made a side by side comparison in terms of the security devices they use, the pricing and the contracting. Moreover, their customer service has been good and friendly. Every time I called them, they were happy to help with my questions.

The installation was a little painful. I had an existing security system and I wanted to use all my existing sensors, but it didn’t work with their set-up. It was a little bit of a drag, but they came through and helped me choose and get all new devices. My system has all the smart features and they are helpful on the go. When you forget to lock and arm the system, you can still do it once you come out and don’t have to go in again.

The price is good, though I would appreciate it if it was $5 cheaper a month. Overall Link Interactive is upfront and everything is working well so far. Their security system is good and they have two varieties in their panels. Moreover, they give a 30-day trial period, no questions asked. If you don’t like it, they will take it back with prepaid shipping. I would definitely recommend them.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy to hear that you'd recommend us.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We were looking at the different services for a security system and came across Link Interactive online. Their units are ones that are more self-installed and we liked what they had to offer us. We gave them a call to look out if there were any specials going on, and they did have at the time for the day that I called. After a week, I determined what products we wanted and the rep was able to get us a good deal and get us a couple of things free so it was a good experience. The installation was super easy. It was all sticking the pieces up and they had everything already set up for us before it shipped so it was just a matter of sticking things on the walls and being done. It was fast. The instructions that were included were great and it was self-explanatory and very easy. I didn’t have too many questions while we’re setting it up, and the few that I did have, the reps were able to answer quickly.

The features in my system are cool. One of the reasons that I went with Link Interactive was the panel that they offer. It was the one that we’ve been looking at. It was a bit more modern than some of the other ones and had a lot more features in it. We got what we wanted because we didn’t need some of the items in the package so we put together our own package. The overall quality has been good so far. I use the alarm.com app and that’s nice to have. The system has been working pretty good.

I was happy with the cost of it and we were able to put all of our payments over the three-year terms with no interest. The cost was reasonable compared to a lot of other systems that we saw out there. We now have a sense of security knowing that the system’s there if we see anything weird and I’m alone, we can make sure the alarm’s set. We feel good about that. Link Interactive is a very professional system and has a lot of good features. It’s also a lot less money.

Link Interactive response

Glad to hear you are enjoying the equipment. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I bought a house and got a home security system from Link Interactive. They did an inspection and it was mostly about their equipment, what would they charge and what will be called. They also only allowed us to install. But it was easy and self-explanatory. They were almost ready to be installed and I didn't have any issues. The features they offered were decent and we can configure them in the mobile application. They had everything covered starting from the door and window sensors to the doorbell cameras and the motion sensors. The cost was good as well. I would recommend them.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We moved into a new house and purchased a home security system from Link Interactive. They were ranked well and had comparable prices. Their customer service reps have all been friendly and nice. The person we spoke to initially to learn more about their system was very patient and answered all of our questions thoroughly.

The features they offered were what we needed. There was a product that wasn’t working like it was supposed to. The smoke detector part of the Firefighter wasn’t syncing with our smoke detector as they were incompatible. They took care of that issue by letting us search for a new product and offered something compatible for the same price. Getting the system installed was a little time consuming though, since I didn't know anything about putting things up. But other than that, the system seems to be performing well and the cost is appropriate too. It provides an appropriate security system and seems to be what we need at least.

Link Interactive response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I live by myself and I want to have security. I like Link Interactive’s feature that I can disable the security system from my phone so that there’s no delay. At night time, I want to be alerted right away if someone’s breaking in. The Link reps were very helpful, very direct, and informative. They answered all of my questions. During installation, I had to use double sided foam that I purchased on my own so it was more secure. Overall, the installation was easy. The instructions that came included were good. I like the weather app and it’s cool with it, and my favorite part would be the app on my phone that’s really helpful. The quality of the equipment is good and it works well.

The overall functionality and performance of the smart phone also works really well. There has only been one or two glitches where it didn’t register and it said “system error” but it worked great after that. The cost is reasonable and affordable for the features that I got. I wanted to put Link outside but it fell right off. I would have to screw it in because I’m in Ohio and it’s too wet outside and cold. If it’s for outdoor use, I wouldn’t get one because it falls off.

Link Interactive response

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Link Interactive's salesmen were not pushy. They answered all the questions that I had and helped me with comparing themselves to the other companies that I was looking at. I told them what I wanted, how many sensors or how many extras, then I asked for a quote. They offered the right price for what I needed and no extras that I didn’t need. The system was totally customized and the self-installation was straightforward and super easy. Then, I called them to activate it and it was after hours but we were able to activate it right away. In general, they have a good customer service. I only talk to one person and she is super helpful and friendly. Also, the system's functionality is great and it’s comparative to the price. It’s worth what I paid for it. I feel safer when leaving the house and they're not spamming me with junk mail. It’s a good company with quality products and well put together security system.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I had ADT Pulse at my previous house and I knew Alarm.com had a lot of better features so I filled out the form from them and Link Interactive was the first and the only provider that called me back within the first three days. Also, the technology that Link Interactive uses with alarm.com is superior to ADT's. Their rep called me and we talked about security for about half an hour. He worked out a proposal and emailed it to me. I wrote him back and made some changes. He made the changes and then I bought it. It was really easy. The installation was easy as well since everything came pre-configured with labels on it. I just had to stick the sensors on the windows and plug it in.

They lack one feature in the standard package, where I can set my alarm on and off at certain times of the day. They told me I would have to have a commercial plan if I wanted to do that. That was a feature that ADT had with their base plan. I can set it to turn on every night at midnight and turn off at 5:00 AM. I am disappointed that Link Interactive is holding out on their residential customers. The app is great and it’s three years ahead of the competition. It has the best camera capability and is responsive. And it works with my Apple watch. It costs $20 a month more than what I was paying ADT but it’s worth it.

In addition, it has a better value when you install the system yourself. I personally spent $2,000 on accessories to have it implemented. I have nine cameras, 31 sensors in my house, garage door sensors, and automatic locks. My house is probably one of the more automated houses out there. If I were to go with a traditional provider like ADT, they would charge me $200 plus for a sensor, which they’d install for free. Link Interactive sells sensors for 30 bucks and the only configuration involved with it is peeling the sticker and slapping it to a door or plugging it in and plugging your lamp into it. It's a very, very good value.

Link Interactive response

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I already had a home security system and I was changing my monitoring company. I decided to go with Link Interactive because of their overall customer service and price. The initial sales was with Leland and he was very thorough and patient. And their customer reps explained pretty much everything that I needed to know and they were able to answer pretty much any question that I’ve had so far. Customer service has been very personalized, thorough, and helpful. The features of the system include standard features like the door locks. But I probably use the smartphone features the most because it's convenient. Also, the equipment is good quality and I’m pretty happy with how my package is now. And the system functions as pretty as however I needed to.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had an issue with ADT, which I had for 10 years, that they got us a fine. I hired them to put an alarm in my house and I pay them to monitor it. But they never registered my alarm. They never told me I had to register that alarm with the county which resulted in a $175 fine. And they didn’t want to pay it for us. They're no good over there and it wasn't just that, there was always an issue. Like you can make a phone call, change something on your account, and it just doesn’t get changed. It’s a badly run company and it’s overpriced. There’s nothing proprietary about it. We had no choice but to leave. But we were not getting rid of the alarm. It's not a temporary thing. To us, the theory is that you live in a house, you have an alarm. We looked for a different company and switched to Link Interactive.

Everyone has the same product. They all use and resell Alarm.com’s product and put their logos on it. Basically, Alarm.com is the one that’s issuing me the app to control the alarm via phone. They all use the same hardware and use the Qolsys panels. So, the hardware on any alarm system you use is going to be the same, even my ADT alarm. You're not going to get anything different by going to a different company. So, it came down to pricing and Link had the cheapest price for home automation/home monitoring. Not only did we get the monitoring but we were able to do the lights, and the thermostats if you want and the video cameras. ADT charges $50 a month for that and the other ones that I came across when I was looking for a new alarm system varied from Link. But Link gave me a monthly fee that’s $6 cheaper than everybody else. Plus, they gave us a good deal on a new panel.

They have a package of three door sensors, a motion sensor, and a panel but they could have been a little bit more helpful. Instead of giving me three doors and one motion, I would have taken two motions and no doors. It would have been more helpful if I could tell them what I want but they won't do it. Price-wise, they were still made out because they were giving me the less dollar. And I was able to keep all my sensors and I just moved it over to the new panel. I signed the contract with them so I'm locked in for three years and we’ve been paying 31 up to 40 a month.

It was fairly easy with their customer service reps but the hours of operation could be better. They’re not available on Sunday’s unlike with ADT where you can call pretty much anytime you want and there would someone there to help you. That’s one thing I didn’t like. But if you call them there in the middle of business hours, they answer the phone really quick. There’s no wait time and they help you. And they’re smart. Every single person I spoke to understands the way their system works which is good. You can call with an issue and if it still doesn’t work, you call back, they’ll pick up where you left off, and they understand the way it works. They understand what your issue was. So, they’re really good with communication and I was happy with that.

I installed everything myself and it was easy. I did it on the phone with them and it was fairly simple. They showed me how to do one and I did the rest of them. It’s something the average person should be able to do fairly easy. But if you can’t, they answer the phone and they tell you what to do. They’re there if you need help which is good. But I have some pieces from my old unit that don’t work with the new unit. 95% of the stuff is not compatible like my water leak sensors and I wish they would have known that. Maybe we could have worked out a deal when I was signing up at that point. I would like to think that they just didn't know any better as opposed to thinking that they didn’t tell me just to get me on board.

Compared to my old system, it’s night and day. It went from old technology to cutting edge which to me is great. I love it and the equipment is perfect. And the cost is one thing I’m definitely happy about them. I'm paying less and I have newer technology. I would recommend Link Interactive. But if you’re paying $29 for the same service, stay where you are. There’s no reason to pay more. If comparing apples to apples, there’s no reason to change unless you’re having an inferior product and you want to change it.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

When I was flipping a house, Link Interactive was recommended by other Realtors to me. Their representatives have all been fine and because I'm not good at installation, I have to rely on someone for help. So far, I haven't been able to fully activate their home security system. It's because my old system was essentially monitored and I haven't been able to hardwire my alarm yet.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your feedback. Hope we can get you monitored soon.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have been looking into home security systems for a while now. I keep travelling more because of work and as my family grew I wanted to make sure that they are well-monitored and protected since I’m not there all the time. I’ve had an older system, which was about 10 years old, with real-time monitoring but the sensors and the value of it was not the best 10 years later. And compared to that our Link Interactive system is light-years ahead. I want a do-it-yourself system and to be able to modularly build it if I see the need. I got for instance, a doorbell camera. That wasn’t a part of the package. I bought basically an introduction package and then I added a bunch of different sensors and cameras into it to customize it for my needs. So I got the main unit and the panel, and a few sensors. I ordered about eight different glass break sensors, four more door window sensors and three internal cameras and the doorbell camera.

Link’s sales side was very good. They were very responsive and good to communicate. They explained it to me and I was on the phone with them going over every detail of every sensor for an hour and a half. And after I installed the system the tech support was also helpful. Though there would be some stuff that would be good to improve. For instance my biggest problem is I work during the week and when I come home their tech service is closed and their tech support is also closed on Sunday. They work regular hours, which I understand, so the only time I have that I can talk to them is Saturday morning. And it was a little frustrating for me having to wait until Saturday to communicate problems especially in the beginning when I had a lot.

The manuals for installation were helpful and the hardcopy diagrams in the boxes that came with the system were adequate for me to assemble it. And with basic assistance I was able to install it in a short time. It would be good however to have some detailed guide for different parts of the equipment, like sensors and the panels, available on the website -- have something we could go through or download directly and then take a look at for some of the description and the alarm verbiage. Those things are standard. There’s a quick setup guide but I couldn’t see anything that had detailed settings and capabilities and spec sheet. Some of them might be available in the alarm.com’s website which is even more complicated, convoluted and less helpful than the Link website. I had to call the tech support all the time.

Even when buying a cellphone it comes with guides and manuals which we hardly ever look at but when we need it, it’s good to have. I would expect the same thing from alarm hardware. On the other hand maybe they’re thinking that if somebody who wants to cross-engineer these and come up with a way to hack them that they’re giving away all the blueprints. I can see both ways but there has to be some media that gives enough support.

Another issue that I had was the inability to customize my own alarm profiles. Say I want to only arm this part of the house. I want to alarm the door sensors or my outdoor sensors which are in the gate, yard and the driveway but I don’t want anything in the house. There are other companies that can provide that. And I was under the impression this smart panel was going to be able to do that. I’m disappointed that it didn’t. I’m basically stuck with arm stay, arm away. And I can’t bypass sensors which is not what I’m looking for. And most importantly I cannot bypass sensors from the alarm.com app, only from the panel when I’m home. And that is a huge drawback. Like on days that my gardeners come in to do my yard. With nobody in the house they will have to open the yard door, which they have a key for, but the alarm would go off. I cannot disarm remotely to let them in. So we don’t arm the yard entrances at all on those days and it’s very frustrating.

However, the app is very good in many aspects to be able to watch, respond and to be able to arm, disarm. And it would be very nice to be able to create profiles that with one click only arms certain parts of the security system. If I’m bypassing the gate every time, instead of me going and checking that every time, I can say, “All right. Arm without gate profile.” I press that and it happens. ADT uses that customization. Also, another shortcoming of the app is the doorbell camera and the integration of that. When the doorbell rings, I don’t want to have to log in because that is five to 10 seconds, depending on where I am. By that time it might be too late and people might have turned away. If somebody rings my bell I expect that to pop up on my phone right away. And ring.com does that.

Another thing that I have, which is not a big deal, is that during the sales they told me I was going to be able to use some of my old sensors. But I wasn’t able to use anything. My old alarm was not that old, with some of the devices and sensors at about three years old. And I had two very nice internal cameras that I cannot use anymore. I was disappointed with that. But Link’s hardware is top-notch quality. The sensors are almost impossible to tamper with. It is also very good on false alarms. One of my biggest problems with my older alarm system was that the dogs kept tripping them. Those of Link are rugged. And there are a lot of redundancies built into it. Like, if the power goes out or my Wi-Fi gets disconnected my alarm system is still there. Those are all very important features that I appreciate and it makes me feel safer. I would definitely recommend Link.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I purchased from Link Interactive based on a combination of their price and online reviews. Their reps seemed to be very helpful. The person I talked to was knowledgeable and didn’t have to look anything up or go to any other sources. I installed the system myself and the instructions seemed to be straightforward. The system’s features are very good and I'm very happy. I use their smartphone feature and I like the functionality of the online options. The Link Interactive system is nice to have and they’re very cost-effective.

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My experience with Link Interactive has been good so far. Our home was broken into so I decided to get a home security system. I originally went with another provider, but when I went ahead and expedite the service to us, it was lost. I had to cancel and sign up with Link Interactive instead. The sales rep that I dealt with was helpful. He was giving a decent deal at first, then, he matched what the other provider was giving and then beat it. He was good. Also, the installation went fine. We ordered a garage door sensor and it's only in the back. I told the representative over the phone about the garage door that we had and he sent us the sensor for it, but it wasn't compatible with our garage. I contacted Link Interactive again and they sent out another package that was supposed to be compatible with it. But it turned out it wasn't. That was the only downside that we had. As far as the rest of installation, it went okay.

The features of our system are good. The smartphone has worked out very well and I like it. It recognizes the Bluetooth when I return. I also had sensors on front doors and windows. And the indoor camera and one motion sensor. Their equipment is high quality. The only issue I've run into is the little adhesive pieces they stick to the door and window sensors. The sliders get close a little too hard that they would shake off. Nevertheless, Link Interactive has a great customer service and one of the fair prices. Our sense of security has been much better. It's nice to have that peace of mind to be able to close the door.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Link Interactive's home security system was affordable. Their reps were helpful and pleasant to talk to, and they were able to give me anything I needed. The installation instructions could have been a little bit more detailed. Also, syncing the items to the IQ panel is a little difficult. But other than that, the installation was easy. I customized my package a little bit and I added a window sensor and window break. I also use the smartphone features and it's cool. I like that I can disarm and arm everything off of my phone. The quality of some of the stuff could have been a lot better, though. Since some of the sensors look a little cheap, it should have been a little bit cheaper like $30 a month. Still, I feel good about having Link Interactive.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued customer.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have a security system to keep my house secure. I got one from Link Interactive and I can do pretty much what I want with it - add, take off, or set any equipment. Its features are great and everything I could want in a system. I can control my alarm from outside and inside the house. I can also create a barrier. Then, when I walk into the house, everything will open and the lights will go on as if I'm some kind of magician. I like the mobile app the most because I can control everything from my phone. It's not arbitrary, plus, I can arm or disarm my house from down the block if I forget, or I could walk up to it with the Bluetooth feature and it will unlock itself. I used Slomin's before and compared to Link, it was just proprietary. I had to deal with what they had and there was no upgrading unless I wanted to upgrade the whole system. They wanted to charge me a bunch of money, too, which was ridiculous.

Link's customer service and sales teams were excellent and very helpful. They were a little too enthusiastic but they were just aiming to please me. They were 10 times better than what I had before. I did everything myself during the installation and it was very quick. I had a couple of questions so I called Link and they sent me schematics. They also made me look at a couple of videos. It was a breeze and I don't know if I've done anything easier than that. I'm totally confident in this system because I set it up. I've had enough experience with Slomin's clowns to know what I want and don't want. I would tell others about my experience with Link and I'm sure that they would purchase the system, too.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We did research and Link Interactive seemed pretty user-friendly. And we did a self-install, that was what we were looking for. It's easy to set up. However, there's a couple of problems with some of the equipment. First, I had a faulty fire alarm that caused us actual alarm to be set off and fire department showed up. That was the biggest thing. But I called, disarmed it and then I came back to work. And when I got back home, I called and I was like,"Hey, this is what happened." And they helped walk me through getting it corrected. I haven't had any problem with it since. Second, I had a faulty window detector. It was reading the window was open when it was closed and I swapped the battery out and that was it. Outside of those two problems, everything was fine. And if I needed any help with anything, they're more than happy to help.

Link Interactive response

Glad Customer Service was able to resolve this for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Link Interactive seems to have the best monitoring and pricing. And the crash-and-smash was included in the entry-level monitoring. I've called them a few times in setting up and on a few different things and they've been good and resolved my situation every time. I installed the mid-range system myself and the instructions were easy to follow. I started with a base package then I added a bunch of components, and the process was really easy. The system seems to be of high quality and it was reasonably priced. Everything feels more secure and I like the mobile app. I've already referred a couple of people and told them it's easy to operate and it works well.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for sharing your experience and for referring us to your friends. Happy to hear you got the help you needed!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I just moved into a new house and I feel great with my decision to go through with Link Interactive. They offer top-of-the-line technology versus competitors. Our system has a touch screen and all of the standard sensors that you would see in any other home security system, wireless door sensors, window sensors and motion sensors. I also added some smoke alarms. Plus they use Alarm.com’s technology so it's great. The system was a do-it-yourself so the installation was easy. We feel secure with the equipment, especially my wife.

They were easy to work with too. The sales rep kept me updated and was very thorough in communications. We spoke most of the times over the phone and we also had a lot of our interaction over email. Their customer service is much better than my previous provider's as well. They were able to conduct some testing over the intercom and the test screen when I wanted to on demand. They were very supportive and able to do that for me over the phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had been shopping around for home security systems because there's been an increase in crime in the area that I live in. Also, I have medical issues and I wanted to make sure that I don't have to wait to get the emergency I need should I need them because the phone service we have in this area uses cellular technology, and it always has my phone number associated with communities 80 to 100 miles away from where I actually live. I found a website that listed top 10 alarm service companies, and Link Interactive was number three on that list and it was within the affordable price range. So I called them and I was pleased with the attentiveness of the customer service and the products that were available.

Everyone I talked to was extremely helpful, and they answered any questions that I had. There was no high-pressured salesmanship. Everybody was pretty mellow. I was very certain about what I wanted, so calling them was just a matter of asking what we needed to do to get it set up. I did the self-install and it was pretty easy. The only thing that I needed the systems with was the actual making sure that all of the internal programming aspects of it were set. Many of them were preset before I got the equipment, but I wanted something fine-tuned and specific to what my needs were and also the size of my living quarters. So we did that, and it was a little bit more time-consuming because there were a lot of screens that I had to get through on the control panel. Then I had to enter in certain variables as told to me by customer technical support.

I have a key fob and there is a button that’s just an asterisk, so I asked Link Interactive if there was any use for that, and they said, “No. That’s just sort of an extra button at this point. The company is trying to figure out what to do with it.” I told them that it would be helpful for me since I'm using that as an all-purpose device. I have that with me at the end of the night when I retire and it's sort of a panic button.

I told Link Interactive that it would be a good way if they could program it to be strictly EMS, so if that’s pressed, they're getting an immediate call similar to the panic button system. I didn’t go with the panic button only because I already wear a set of dog tags that are medical alert on a ball chain. I also have a religious metal I wear, and I don’t want to add another device around my neck. The key fob was something that I thought I could bring with me wherever. If I'm in another room or in the shower, I could just place it on the sink and I could reach it if I needed help. My needs are fairly simple and I'm satisfied with what I have available to me. Everybody that I spoke with at Link Interactive was extremely polite and very easy to work with. They did not make me feel like I was infringing on anybody's lunch time.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I got Link as a replacement for my other system. The main reason we went with Link Interactive was because they were the cheapest or they had the best deal on hardware and stuff. For what I wanted or what we needed to replace our old system, some of the major vendors wanted $1,000 where Link only wanted $100 upfront. And it was easier to set up payments and stuff. It's worth the money.

Their system is more intuitive and there's a lot more features. They have an Apple watch app where I can arm my security system when I'm leaving my house without having to get my phone out. It's simple and easy to use. I showed my wife how to use it. Their app is a lot better and more up to date than the other security system that I had. The interactions have been relatively easy with their rep, and I haven't had any issues as far as them hounding me with calls or trying to sell me a bunch of stuff that I didn’t want. I told them what I needed and they gave me exactly what I needed. I set everything up myself. Everything came in on the day that they said it would come in, as far as it being shipped out. Everything was pretty self-explanatory to set up and install. I love all the features of the system and they're all really nice. I chose a package that was already set up and everything that I needed was there. It has topnotch quality and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I love my Link Interactive system. Link was not the only one that I was researching and had contacted but I liked that Link had the flexibility in the contract that I needed. And I wanted a home security system not necessarily for when I'm away. I and my kids are at home most of the time because my husband works a lot. He travels a lot. So, it is a peace of mind for when I and my children are at home.

Link's customer service reps treated me great. They offered up information that I didn't even think about to even ask. There was one gentleman who really helped me out with my installation. We talked on the phone for 15 minutes. He sent me photos and I sent him photos to show me how to set up my sensors with crown molding and everything. He was extremely patient with me. Even the young lady that I spoke with when I first started researching Link Interactive, was very helpful, informative, and very upfront.

My system does exactly what I purchased it to do. I feel safe and it's easy to use. My eight-year-old son knows how to arm and disarm the system. And when I'm away from my house, the ability to arm and disarm from my cell phone is amazing. The system is a do-it-yourself and it's simple. And I put sensors on myself. And if I can do it, anybody can do it. I would definitely tell a friend that Link Interactive is one of the best out there. I have a good feeling that if something was to happen in my house, Link would be on it. And I also like the two-way call where Link can speak to me through my system. It's very cool.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We haven’t had a security system in our house, and I wanted to see how it works. Link is one of the highest rated, and is also DIY, so I went with them, and their customer service was very good. Their system was DIY, and it was easy for me since I’m a network engineer who builds networks. They the latest technology as far as the panel goes. They have the new IQQ panel, and I like the features. On the surface, it seems to be good, however, we’ve already had a problem with it. It went out, and they’re sending up another one. So, that has been resolved. Other than that, Link has the best price, and their support is really good.

Link Interactive response

Sorry to hear you had some issues with the panel. I am confident we will make it right and get you protected. Thanks for being our customer!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We moved to a new home and wanted to get a security system for it. I looked at online reviews which helped me narrow down the list of companies. I called those companies and were getting quotes and comparing the services, and Link Interactive was the cheapest and had more features, too. After getting a quote and talking about things with my wife and once we were on the same page of yes, we moved forward with getting a security system. The person I talked to at Link Interactive when I was getting a quote was really great. He was able to customize things to what the house needs and gave me some good discount and incentives as well. So, he did a really great job. And the process of getting everything set up was as it should be, and everything in the mail got sent to me.

Our system was a self-install one, so I just plugged the tablet interface type of thing into a wall outlet, and set up the motion sensors, and put on the door sensors as well. We have three cats and we’re still trying to work on the motion sensors. There are different sides to motion sensors, and we put them all along the higher settings, so the smaller animals wouldn’t set them off. But if we put it on the away mode, our cats seem to keep setting off some of the sensors.

We’ve moved around some of the sensors to try to put them in areas where the cats may not frequent as much, but that’s still an issue that we are having. We didn’t start doing the monitoring for a while, for at least a few months while we’re trying to work this out just because of that issue, and we still haven't really found a great solution to it. We’ve been trying to do a few trial and error things on our own first to see if we could just figure it out. But since we haven't been able to do that for a few weeks, I will be reaching to somebody at Link Interactive. Besides the cat issue turning on the motion sensors, everything has been working well.

I like most of our system's features. The sensors were really nice and easy to install. The user interface with the touchscreen is nice, too. It’s all in color which our previous one didn’t have. It would be great if there’s a way to turn down the volume of the sounds or the beeps when you’re hitting anything on there, but I can do silent features with it. My wife and I both have the smartphone app. So, that way, we can get notifications, and we use it if we want to turn on or arm the system. I set up alerts, so if for whatever reason our system isn’t armed by 8 AM, we’ll get a notification, that way we can turn it on from our phone. So, we like that.

Having to have all the equipment, all the sensors for the doors and the motion sensors and the user interface, I was shocked at how competitively priced it was compared to other systems that I was looking at. So, it was great. The monthly monitoring is pretty much what other companies are offering, so there wasn’t too much of a difference there, but Link really excelled in the upfront cost of the installation of all the hardware. Since having Link in our home, we have more peace of mind. My wife and I, we have different weekend schedules. So, there are days when she’s just home by herself and she gets freaked out if she’s at home by herself. But I don’t worry as much and she doesn’t seem to worry as much.

Link Interactive response

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We had a burglary in this house. Before that, we had big dogs and we never really worried about being broken into. But we had a dog die recently and the other dog was still there, but the burglars brought the dog in with them when they broke into our house and also broke down our backdoor. It was bit disconcerting and it changed the way we looked at things.

So the next day, my wife did some research and we got an alarm system right away. Link Interactive was in the top 5 on whatever list she looked at. We also looked at what we needed versus what we have to get and pay for, and Link was cheaper than what my neighbors have. There was a lot more product than we needed but Link offered stuff that was better for us, so we went with them. Also, their packages were dialed down enough that we weren’t getting extra products. We didn't need to automate the whole house since it's small so, it was nice that we could have very simplistic and useful features.

I talked to their salesperson a little bit and there were a few preliminary questions. Then he started asking us how many doors and windows we had, and what did we want to include to our security system. After we let him know, he told us how much it was going to cost and what the process would be. I asked him some questions about how they would install the equipment and he let us know that it was simple to do. Then we asked for some extra signs and stickers to put around the house and the yard. He provided that to us at no extra charge, so, that was really nice. He also said that he's got Link at his home, too, and talked about his experience.

But mostly, what we really liked about Link is that, my parents and brother have ADT and our neighbors have something different, and they all pay a lot more for the same thing that we're getting. So, we were happy that Link is a really high quality and we’re not having to pay a whole lot for it. We’re paying 30 bucks a month whereas the other competitors that were right up in the top 5 with them was twice that or more.

So far, we like our Link Interactive security system. The stuff showed up five days after we ordered and the installation was easy. The equipment came with a short book that walked us through it, plus, the monitor itself helped us with the installation. When we ordered it, they asked us to name all the different doors and windows so they set all that stuff up before they sent the equipment to us. We also got all the sensors listed. They all had numbers on them and those numbers correspond to a sheet that they gave us in the package that said where they’re supposed to go. The only problem we had was when one of the sensors didn’t want to stick to the binding agent that was bound to the wall. So, I did something different to do it.

A week after I had it all set up, I called Link and activated their monitoring. That was real simple to do. The system has been working well since then. My wife once did a bypass so that we could have a window cracked open while it was armed and that was fine. Then, I went through the interface at one point and changed the designation of one of the doors so that it could have a delay on it. Other than that, the system is pretty straightforward. We just push the button and arm it, then come in and turn it off. We also don’t have anything extraordinary or extravagant in the house so I don’t have it set it up on my phone that I can actively monitor. I see the email come through, so I know if it goes off or not, and that's enough.

The quality of the equipment also seems good. But in one of our doors where I had to put the sensor in a funny spot, the magnet came off after a couple of weeks of installing. But the alarm wasn’t on or anything when it did it and we were home. Other than that, we had no problems with the system and we've had no false alarms. There are signs up in the yard now and we’re not concerned anymore about the burglary happening again. It’s possible, but Link will to stop everybody from breaking in.

Link Interactive response

Glad to see you got all the help you needed, and please let us know if you ever need anything else!

Link Interactive Company Information