Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 1,724 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1724 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

We wanted to be sure that we were gonna be safe and that we weren’t gonna have any intrusions, and Link Interactive seemed to be the best bang for the buck. Since we looked on the internet what Link Interactive had, we had a good idea of what we wanted at the starting point. Then we were able to receive some more information from the representative. Then we did the installation ourselves. The only difficult part of it was because we have concrete walls but other than that, it was very easy. The equipment seems like it’s gonna be very durable and so far, we feel like we've made a good purchase and a good financial investment towards our security. We love the smartphone feature too. That’s one of our favorite things. We have the app where we set the system to Stay or to Away and it's working great. Then if you forget, you can always turn the system back on after you’re gone.

Link Interactive response

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your system and loving that smartphone app! Thanks for being a great customer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The company that I work for is based out at Baltimore and we have a building located in Michigan. The vacant lot on the site was patrolled by physical security guards, but we weren’t too happy with the security company. We wanted to just figure out a way to have better overall coverage. Link Interactive fit everything that we need them to do. And, their rates were a little bit better than their competitors. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer every question that I had in regards to how many units and any kind of extenders we would need. He also helped us set up with the cellphone system where it was gonna be more of WiFi. Also, our property manager was able to get himself added as a primary contact on the site and he was able to get everything smoothly installed.

The Link Interactive system is doing what it’s supposed to do. We’ve had one incident that has been wrapped up immediately. We were able to get somebody out there within a reasonable time and get a police report filed. The customer service has been above average and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a home security system.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I installed Link Interactive myself and it was easy. It cost a little bit higher than some companies out there, although not really high but a little bit higher than I should’ve paid. At the time I bought it, I did my research and I felt it was a good deal. But today, looking at what you can do with companies that are more competitively priced with no contracts, I wasn't sure that I signed up for a good deal. If I have to do it all over again, I would go with companies like Ring or Nest and set everything up differently. But I'm happy with Link Interactive.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Link Interactive has made a world of difference for us. When you have a security system and it’s armed, you’d know if anybody came into your house. You can feel really safe any time of day. When I'm at work for an all-night shift or whenever the house is empty or my girlfriend is here, I can feel good knowing that they’re safe. And if something were to happen, then she is not alone while I’m an hour away at work. The feeling that we're safer and more secure when we’re away and even when we’re at home was why I purchased the system and I would tell others to seriously consider looking into it as well.

I had a general idea of what I was looking for initially but I still had questions about the equipment and the representatives definitely helped with any question I had. They were great. I couldn’t have asked for better customer service. I also liked that Link Interactive has an a la carte type thing. You could pick the equipment you wanted instead of a bundle already made for you. The cost is very good too. It wasn’t one of the high-end costs and you’re getting really good service at a really good price. The installation was very easy as well. I did it myself. I also like the features a lot and the smartphone features specifically, I love them. I use the smartphone apps more than the actual control panel. But all the features are really good and the system works great.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I wanted my daughter to feel safe and got the Link Interactive alarm system for them. It’s a good system and I had a good experience with their representative too.

Link Interactive response

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We purchased a new home and wanted to have peace of mind that when we’re at work, we would be covered. I did a bunch of online research, read all the reviews and priced out different options. Link Interactive was good on both ends and we decided to go with them. I've had good interactions with their sales rep. He was very helpful, not pushy and was able to get the system to us quickly. They offered good coverage so we’re happy with their system. We are able to customize the features offered to us. I told the people from Link Interactive what we need exactly and what we needed to be covered.

My friend and I did the installation in about half an hour. The instructions were easy and intuitive. However, their customer service isn’t available all the time. They’re out on regular business hours and they’re not open on weekends or at night. So, if we have a problem with our equipment, it’s hard to get in contact with someone. It's not an issue for me but that is what I noticed. Other than that, my wife feels safer having Link Interactive. We turn the system on every day, at night and when we leave the house. It has been part of our routine now so we feel different just having their security system.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. We strive to take care of our customers. We will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had the old Simon XT through Protect America but I wanted a better system. Link offered what I wanted. Then I called in and worked with the salesperson, and it went well. I had 90% of the system already installed so all I had to do was call in and set up the new panel. It found all the other sensors I already had installed then I added five new ones. The process was simple. The IQ panel made it easy. And since I already had so much in the infrastructure, I was able to cut quite a bit of the cost. But if somebody was starting from scratch, the upfront cost would be expensive. Being able to make payments monthly towards it would help though. And once all the equipment's paid for, the monitoring fees seem to be reasonable. I would recommend Link Interactive. There are also more features with this system. I like the apps a little bit better for the stuff that I can do. I like being able to see the door lock in the app.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly and you are enjoying the app. Please let us know if you ever need anything

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I'm living on my own for the first time so I figured I should have some extra security. When I signed up with Link Interactive, I entered the information in for a quote and then got a call from one of their sales reps. Our interaction went well. The installation took a while because I wasn’t sure about a lot of stuff and I was confused. It would have helped if the video that they had online were more detailed. So far, Link’s equipment is a good quality and it works. I like the features of the system. However, I have the thin windows and door sensors and they told me not to put them around a lot of metal but most of the people’s front doors and the doors that lead outside are metal so I found it weird. That aside, Link is affordable and the equipment could be kept forever once paid.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I wanted a home security system for safety reasons. I read Link Interactive's reviews online and they were decent to the point that I'm satisfied with how much it was. I started off with an email and the rep was responsive. We went back and forth a couple of times. I went through purchasing it through him and he explained everything that I was getting. The installation was simple and the sensors weren't hard to install. It was just peeling stickers. However, I had an issue with the app. It doesn't link properly to the sensors. I renamed the sensors in the panel, but on my phone, it still shows door 10 instead of garage. It's still closing door 10 instead of my garage door.

The system's cost was fair. I can probably get a cheaper system that won't have the same features that I probably won't ever use, but it's good to have something that's capable of getting those features. The features are good and I look forward to getting a smart lock and a camera. Having the system is definitely safer and I have peace of mind. If my alarm is on, I don't have to worry about anything. But there's also the factor that if someone accidentally opens the door and the alarm is on, I’ll get charged for it. Other than that, the sense of security is pretty good. I've already ended up getting it for my in-laws' house.

Link Interactive response

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I bought a new house in a big city so the time was best to get a home security system. Link Interactive was the most reasonable to talk to and they presented the best possible option for future encounters. Their rep seemed to be very honest. Everything was upfront and that was important to me. It didn’t seem like anything was being hidden. I was apprehensive about doing the installation on my own but I was able to call whenever I had problems so that was fine. The installation went okay but when I found out how difficult it was gonna be for the windows, I decided to use the option of the sound instead of the motion. I’m an idiot when it comes to using my hands, but I was able to do it so it should be simple.

I also knew exactly every option that's available and I like that I can add to whatever I already have if I decide in the future. I am using its smartphone features as well. I like it and it's worth all my money. The cost could be cheaper but it’s reasonable. I’d recommend Link Interactive and I told my sister in California to look into it. I’m also trying to figure out if I want a thermostat and the automatic doors but it’s still something I’ve been trying to decide on.

Link Interactive response

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We had a home security system that we had in place for 30 years, but it died. Link Interactive offered us equipment that allowed us to keep and use our existing magnetic door sensors. A salesperson helped me put together the program and then the lady who took over from him to close the deal was able to give me an even better deal on equipment. I got eight windows, two glass breaks, and two motion keypads. I did the installation myself and it was very easy. I was also able to find some YouTube videos that allowed me to do some advanced programming. The quality of the security equipment is very good and so far, we've enjoyed the features. We've been able to arm and disarm from our cell phones and check the status of the system.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was reading reviews online and Link has mostly got positive reviews. And since I didn’t wanna get locked into a three-year contract, I went with them. There was a price difference, but at least with them I had the choice between one, two, and three years. I bought the initial kit and everything was already preprogrammed in the system. I'm no tech guy, but it was very easy for me to set up. Earlier, however, there was an issue with the motion detectors constantly going off, but there was a patch that they sent through and it fixed the issue. Other than that, the system has been great. I like the smartphone features, the geofencing, and the key fobs. The alarm itself on the panel is fairly loud too. It will most likely scare somebody away and I'll probably shortly hear it. Link also has a boost alarm that I can hook up and I would probably end up ordering one of those. My experience with Link has all been positive. They have been like Johnny-on-the-spot.

Link Interactive response

We hope to serve you for many years! Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We were remodeling our house and we got robbed. I googled top security systems and Link Interactive was one of them. The sales person was very nice and patient. We had multiple e-mails back and forth and he did a phone call with me. I was still on the fence but he was very knowledgeable, gave me good suggestions, and was there for all my questions. We finally got Link's system and I forced my boyfriend to do the installation. He just YouTubed how to install it and it went real good. He took two hours because he kept double-checking and looking at other ones. We also didn’t want the alarm to be going off or anything like that.

I’m very satisfied so far and my sense of security has been good since having the system. I feel more at ease and I definitely felt like the house was secure when we were on vacation for a week. We used it, which was good. I would recommend the salesperson who assisted me and the whole process was easy. One doesn’t have to wait for anybody to come and make an appointment for them to install the system. You could do it on your own on your own time.

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We bought a new house and decided to purchase a home security system. We had a security system before but Link Interactive's was so much easier for installation. Link’s rep was very informative. I told him what we were looking for and he knew exactly what would suit our needs. Our new house has many windows and I'm happy that there's no sensor on every single window. There's a glass break unit that is perfect and a doorbell camera with our system. And although the cost was the same as my previous one, Link's system has more features that we wanted.

Link Interactive response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We are glad you are getting the peace of mind you deserve. Please let us know if you ever need anything

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We had a great experience with Link prior to the purchase but after the sale they’ve been half as responsive as far as support, but it’s still adequate. The Link system is more robust and we’re able to turn on and off remotely, plus it’s less expensive than the older ADT system. I installed it myself and it was fairly easy. I'm happy with Link. It’s worth the investment. It’s the least expensive but with most features.

Link Interactive response

Great! We're glad to hear that your self setup went so smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I Googled and looked at the best smart residential and commercial alarm systems and then two came up. I was pointed to Link Interactive's direction. The Link Interactive system that we have is for commercial use. Their rep called me and she was a very nice young lady. She walked me through the steps and what I was looking for in the packages. She then put them together and emailed them to us. We liked how the interaction was because she wasn’t very pushy or tried to sell us anything, so we called them back based on that. Plus she gave us enough time to make a good decision.

Everything was already preset up in the box and that was cool. It was also helpful that everything was self-explanatory and there were a lot of videos online. I can go and change and set up different rings in the doors for each sensor. The support was there and I didn’t have to call in, but the rep was very helpful. This is our first time trying the system out and I like it. As compared with the current competition, Link Interactive has more features offered with our system and they're good. The touchpad they offered is way above average. It looks nice and gives me all the features. However, we would like somebody to call and tell us how the response works when the security system actually goes off. Other than that, everything was good and I’m happy with their service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The reps of Link Interactive were pleasant and helpful. However, the monthly cost is high, so it would be nice if the cost went down a little. I'm not expecting a lot. I pay about $35.99 but it would be nicer if it was less than $30. Also when I was looking at the system, I didn’t quite understand but my friend took a look at it and helped me set up the system so that made it easy. The features meet my needs. The system works well and it's accessible from my phone. I just activate the system on my phone, which makes it convenient.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Having a security system in the house makes my family feel secure. My cousin got the same system, which was also the one they recommended. Everything perfect and they set it all everything really nice for me. The system was very easy to install and it is working great. Link Interactive is really good. I got everything that I need right now. The system is pretty advanced. They got sensors at night. If I am away in the house, I can set it up on my phone that I forgot everything. It is also automatic in a way that when I show up in the house, they know that I’m already there.

Link Interactive response

Great! We're glad to hear that your self setup went so smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We got a home security system as a preventative measure in case something happens. The Link Interactive system was our first and the installation was easy. I like the features in it, the cost is good and it feels nicer that we have Link Interactive.

Link Interactive response

Thanks for you feedback. Glad the install went smoothly! Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I just bought a new home and I assumed Link Interactive has the best value. The reps were positive and informative and the installation went fine. It was pretty easy. With the system, I like that whenever you open a window or door, it has the monitoring system on it that it lets you know that it's being opened. Also, the smartphone features are very convenient. If anyone asks about Link, I would tell them to try it.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I’ve been in business for 30 years. I wanted a system that's wireless versus my past system, so I ended up with Link. However, it’s just been a nightmare. Their rep was a salesman and wanted the commission. He said it’s the greatest alarm system in the world, but everything with the sensors is cheap plastic and made in China. We were told that the installation would be simple too, but I had to hire an electrician to help with everything. They have these crappy little screws and we needed a micro Phillips screwdriver. It's very disappointing.

The panic buttons are also like cheap, little wrist things that are for senior citizens if they fall down. They’re like toys and now I’m regretting that I went with Link. I use SimpliSafe in one of my home rentals and their equipment is far superior than Link's. The smoke alarms are absolutely useless too. I have two of them--one in my kitchen area and another in my attic. However, they don't work because we were told that they were far away and we needed a repeater. So, we spent money and they sent us a repeater, only to find out that 50% of the staff says repeaters work with the smoke alarms while the other half says they don't. We've had to turn the smoke alarms off because we keep getting a notification that the smoke alarm is not working or it’s out of range.

Our latest nightmare is that there are no delays right on the doors. Almost every day, my manager has to sit at the panel setting this alarm while the restaurant is busy and we have customers. On Tuesday night, when the manager left the building, the motion alarms set off. The motion alarms' original delay was set for 30 seconds. Instead of putting a delay on the alarm, it went off and we couldn’t even get to the back door to get out. I had to rush back to the restaurant.

Every employee supposedly has their name programmed as well, and with their own code, it’s not working. They have to use the default setting. It’s also taken two months to get my name off the paperwork. I told them to use the name of my business. And I had to sign a whole new contract a second time. It's been terrible with Link. If someone asks me about them, I'll tell them not to use this company.

Link Interactive response

Sorry to hear about these issues. We will definitely have someone reach out and help resolve them. We appreciate your patience and are confident we can satisfy your needs.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

There has been a lot of break-ins in our area so we got a home security system for safety. Link Interactive's rep was really friendly and handled my situation very well. She gave me a breakdown of how it would work and said that I can add whatever I needed as far as equipment. It wasn’t like a package and they kinda customized it to my needs. Then they broke down the actual equipment amount into installments but I have to pay a large sum upfront. The cost of the system goes hand-in-hand with the quality. For $60 a month for a camera and alarms on every door and window in the house is a good deal. However, the installation was a little more complicated than I thought it was gonna be. They made it seem like it was a lot easier but it seems trying to get the cameras to connect and set everything up were a little frustrating. I probably would have paid a little bit more to have somebody come and install it.

The features of the system are also a little complicated to use. As far as getting the video set up, there are times where its signal will fail. For instance, we had an incident last night where there was a car parked outside and I clicked “record” but it only recorded for about 39 seconds and I couldn’t get the rest of it to record so I didn’t get the model of the car. I just saw lights. It failed me on that one. Nonetheless, I feel safer because I feel like the system will catch any movement that’s going on in the front and the back of the house. We have a little one so any time she tries to open the door, it will let us know that there’s a door open.

Link Interactive response

Happy to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought a new home. I googled security systems and Link Interactive was rated one of the top companies. I had a 15-minute call with their sales team and they told me what they could give me for the price that I needed. I've shopped around and they had the better price. I installed the system on my own and it was easy. But, they don’t really give you a very good instruction and there was laughing on that end. I needed to reach out to their tech support to reset the panel thing. Still, I would recommend Link Interactive. Their alarm system works.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have a home security system provided through my cable company. I was upgrading for more but it seemed that they were no longer modernizing and updating with the time for home automation and Alexa integration. I purchased a system from Link Interactive as the features were compelling. Also, their sales guy was a bit more aggressive than the other people that I was dealing with. He was persistent in consistently reaching out to try to secure the sale. And although he was knowledgeable, it seemed that he didn't do enough time deep digging into my particular application because I still don’t have the system fully installed. So, it shows that I’ve had the system for a couple of months but it’s still in the box.

Link Interactive did not clearly disclose the fact that it was a self-installation system as well. The pieces that I could do myself were fairly simple, however, the camera mounting, wiring and things with that nature are beyond my threshold. I have some anomalies here with the way that my house is wired too. And so far, no one has followed up with me to figure out if I got it installed or how it’s going, but they've billed me. And that’s a bit frustrating.

Link Interactive response

Sorry to hear this. We will have someone reach out immediately. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I wanted to protect my home, valuables, and myself. So, I looked into getting a home security system. I was looking for certain features and I was deciding between Link and another company. The person from the other company I spoke with had me fit and I was ready to make that decision based on my interaction with him and their customer service. But it really came down to the price because Link ended up being about $20 less. Plus, the initial fees were less, too.

I had an amazing experience with the other company's guy, but Link's rep was cool and I wasn't disappointed. The install went well, too. The instructions were clear and I didn’t have to figure it out myself. I ended up calling to get the doorbell set up and they were helpful for that. Then the Bluetooth on the panel wasn't working and I called again. The guy helped talk me through on how to turn that on as well.

I feel like a lot of security companies out there overprice. When you think about how much you interact with the system a day, it's really just an on and off feature and it's ridiculous what people are charging. But Link had the best deal I've seen and they are well worth it. They were offering the same things that these other companies were offering but for way less. The smartphone features are good, too. And with the system, there is this added peace of mind, especially if I'm in bed upstairs and I hear something downstairs, the alarm will go off so I should be fine. I'm not so jumpy knowing that I've got that extra security. Overall, it has been a positive experience and I’d recommend Link.

Link Interactive response

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I needed a home security system for my new home. I found that Link Interactive was in the top three and that their people were responsive compared to others. They also knew what they were talking about. Another thing was--even if the service was the same for everybody, the equipment was cheaper because it’s a self-installation thing. I dealt with their salesperson Jordan and he would call me if I ask him to call, which was what I wanted. I tried to do the same with CPI but they never responded back. And ADT was responsive but they’re very expensive.

The installation was easy. I’m a software engineer so I know how these things work. One thing I like is that the panel itself has a glass break sensor, so I didn't have to spend some money for something extra. The sensors are working fine. However, there is an issue that’s happening in my house. Even if I open and close the door, the sensors sometimes don't read the closing and then the system keeps saying that the doors are open. One reason could be the gap between the sensor and the magnet. So, Link Interactive sent me 10 new magnets but I have yet to install them in a different place to see if that solves the issue.

Also, I might need something even thinner, so I won't have an issue with the doorframes. With the magnets, I can’t put it too close because when I open the door, I don’t want the magnet to fall off. Then, if you stick it a bit far, it won’t detect. Link Interactive can have magnetic strips that are as thick as those self-adhesive tapes that came with the kit. On the other hand, the touchscreen works fine. And when I tried to do the setup, I didn’t feel that it was less responsive.

I do everything with my phone too because it’s arming and disarming the system. I do the alarm.com. I have the feature where if you’re in the AV mode and your phone is nearby, it just disarms the system. But I don’t know if I want to stick with that thing or should I just remove that because if I lost my phone and somebody found it then got close to my house, the system would just unlock and give me a notification. But still, I would recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We liked the general pricing of Link Interactive but the behavior of their reps was the big thing that sold us. We were going to go with another company, but their sales reps became very pushy. My wife and I also wanted time to confer with one another when we were making the purchase and Link was the only one that stood by their pricing and told us to take our time. Installing the system wasn't bad considering that it took me about an hour. And the instructions left something to be desired, but if you’re half decently smart, you could figure it out with relative ease. Our security system has standard features and it works as intended. And since we got it, the peace of mind I feel makes it worth the cost to a point. I would also give Link's name to my friends and tell them to make the right and informed decision.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

There was a break-in in the neighborhood so my husband bought a home security system from Link Interactive. They were the better option for us after googling and comparing with another company. I filled out the form online requesting information then they called me, gave me pricing, and I went over it with my husband. The next day, the same very nice guy called my husband and talked with him. We ordered the system and they sent it. We did the installation and it was super simple. We attached the window and door sensors and we also got a little panel that we click to arm or disarm. The features of our security package are up-to-date and while the sensors are basic, I like that the panel speaks when a door is open and tells which door it is. We enjoy Link Interactive and it definitely makes us feel safer. Look into them.

We're so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Link system!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a home security system several years ago and I needed to purchase one when we moved into a new home. When we thought about a new company to choose, I had some knowledge of the Link Interactive's owners. I decided to call them first and they were able to match terms of a similar offer that I had found with Brinks so it was an easy choice. I had a very good interaction with their reps, but they have to set a better expectation about self-installation going forward. It was long and I didn't expect it to be three and a half hours when I called them. If someone has sensors only and just setting up the basics, the installation would be less than an hour, but it’s good to anticipate that cameras and other things could be a couple of hours with some people.

I'm average in terms of being handy around the house but there are some things I do and don't. We ran into some issues and had to troubleshoot, and they were good in helping me through that process. At the end of it, a couple of the sensors weren’t reading right but they were gonna send me some things to help make it work. I was transferred to two different agents halfway through ‘cause their shift was over but they’re very patient and always helpful. We use the features offered in our system, including the app, a lot and they have been fine. We chose to do the doorbell and a camera inside. We also got some alerts set. We’re still figuring it out, but for the most part, it’s been good. The equipment is of good quality and my family seems to like it. Its cost has been all right also.

The main downside for the industry is that technology changes very fast and a lot of them signs us up for a three-year contract, which feels a long time to be stuck in today’s world. There have to be some options to upgrade the technology as it advances like what we see in a lot of the mobile phone space where we get the latest technology when we sign up for a longer term. We still had hesitancy as we contemplated but we went forward and I wouldn’t hesitate to refer a friend to Link Interactive.

Link Interactive response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've always had home security systems. More recently, I chose Link Interactive's panels which look more up-to-date. However, I'm not thrilled that I was promised I'd be able to get one of the doorbell cameras. That was a month ago and I still haven't gotten it. The main reason why I chose their service was because Alarm.com was the only one that could have that integrate with the app instead of having to use a separate app on my phone. Now, I'm out of the period where I could return the panel without losing money. I shouldn't have to constantly reach out to the reps about the issue but I did so two weeks ago, even though that’s the sales team's job.

The installation was a breeze for me and the features in my system are good enough. Still, they should look into working with the Google Home integration. Currently, to control my system, I had to say, "Okay, you go connect to Alarm.com," and set my thermostat to cool to 72 degrees, for example. It would be better if I can have them directly connect to the Link Interactive panel through Google Home versus having to connect to Alarm.com through Google Home, and then Alarm.com back into Link Interactive. It gets rid of that middle step when I would be able to say, "Okay, Google. Set my thermostat to 72 degrees."

Also, I've seen a bunch of feedback online about people not thrilled about all of those extra steps because if you misspeak one time in that long jumble of commands, you have to start all the way over. Furthermore, when you just want to turn off your bedroom light, it's a lot easier to say, "Okay, Google. Turn off my lights." Also, the Alarm.com backend doesn't like number integrations, when I have my master bedroom that is a larger room with three sets of light switches. Master bedroom light one, two and three, aren't acceptable to it for some reason. I have to say, "Just turn off master bedroom lights." So using voice control, it's either I have all my lights on or all my lights off. They told me to try spelling out the number but that doesn't help either. So, I may have to rename my devices to something unique, which I shouldn't have to change the name of a light in my room to something different than the actual light in my room to control.

Still, the overall cost of the Link Interactive system is within a dollar or two of any other service offered by any other company. The big seller is the panel as it is one of the newer versions so it's a bit more responsive. With ADT or Vivint, however, you could connect the panel directly with Google Home and the voice control is much more responsive. Also, Link Interactive should have sales teams keep their promises and follow up with customers when they say they're going to. They shouldn't give out their promises just to make a sale. It's quite irritating when I don't get what I'm told I'll be able to get.

Link Interactive response

Sorry to hear about the missed promises. Your system will work with Google Home or Alexa. Thanks for your feedback!

Link Interactive Company Information