4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,262 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

1262 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The monthly price of Link Interactive is good for monitoring. I've also seen the online reviews and they were highly rated. I like that I can also pretty much customize the system, everything is ala carte. I can be very specific and say, "I have these many doors, like where I need to have that kind of thing" so I didn’t have to over buy or under buy. I can also add on. It's very flexible. I'm hooking everything up this weekend and their team reached out to me and said they can help me online but I can probably do it by myself considering all the other things I've learned to do in the last few months.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My son told me about Link Interactive and he installed everything. He also talked to the customer service a few times and they were knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. We had ADT before but it didn’t do anything. It was just an old system and they charged the same price as Link Interactive. It’s around $55 and they have nothing on them that I can do on the phone. But with Link Interactive, I can change the temperature in my bedroom through the phone and I can lock the door too. There’s a lot of stuff to do with Link Interactive. I like it and it’s better. I’m satisfied with Link Interactive.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I was doing some research on the internet and Link Interactive had good reviews on it so we gave it a try. The sales rep I spoke with was very informative, nice and helpful. We had a friend install the system for us because we were out of town. And we were kind of anxious to get the system up and running. Everything went fine and he had no issues. Right now I’m looking at trying to download the app on the phone for the alarm system. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and I already did.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was replacing a system in my house because it's unreliable and not working. I saw Link Interactive in an online review site about the top 5-10 security systems and after some long conversations with different salespeople, the person at Link was the only one to identify that I could reuse some of the existing equipment I had, with the one that I was looking for which is closest to the brand. It created a lot of trust and I went forward with the purchase and I was able to reuse all of the equipment. I feel good about it. I left the home alone for a week and security was on the whole time and it worked fine.

However, I had to call them many times to figure things out because I was replacing a system and not installing it, but the customer support was helpful. It's one of those things that I'm dealing with various levels of training so some people had to go back and keep asking questions but people were good most of the time. I asked the same question to multiple people and I consistently got the same answer. They were professional and reliable. They met my expectations and did everything they said in the time they said they would.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I considered a variety of factors when I chose Link. The price and the hardware that they offered were important. Also, they are a dealer for Alarm.com, so their connection with them was important, too. I did a self-install. They sent me really easy to use instructions for everything and the hardware necessary. It was very simple and easy to use.

I've called them a couple of different times for questions and help and they've always been very quick to respond and answer the phone. Also, they're very friendly and pretty knowledgeable about the information that I'm looking for. We have the Alarm.com app that Link uses and that gives me pretty good confidence in terms of knowing that the doors and windows are closed. If somebody broke in, then the alarm would go off and the monitoring service would kick in. That would be helpful as well. We're confident about the security of our home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

It was very easy to install Link Interactive and the fact that we could put it in ourselves made me choose them over other home security service providers. We got it because we live out in the middle of nowhere and we needed to be able to monitor the children a little bit better. Their team was very helpful that no matter what the situation is, they always arrive or come to a conclusion that it'll work right. It’s been a great experience overall. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had a different home security system before having Link Interactive. Compared to the old one, I really like the new Link system because it's easy to operate. The people that I talked to were really nice and explained everything that I asked. The price was good and it was easy to install. I didn’t have to have somebody come in and do it for me. I travel a lot, so I now feel confident and safe going off and leaving my house and not having somebody break in.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We googled companies that were compatible with the alarm that we already had installed and Link Interactive was able to take that system. We’ve had Link since the last week of July this year. They’ve got great customer service and their team was friendly and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I’ve been very pleased with Link Interactive and I've recommended them to several people. Their prices were one of the factors that made me go with them. For the exact same services they were less than everybody else. Another thing was that their customer service was very responsive. Anytime I sent an email or had a phone call they got right back to me or were able to answer the call. Everybody from this company was nice and nobody tried to rush me off the phone if I had a question about a product or anything. They took their time and answered all my questions.

Installing the security system was easy and after the installation I feel more secure at night. I got an eight-year-old son and I know that he's safe in his room. Also if something was to happen I know that I would be alerted very quickly. I like the smart features of the system as well. It makes everything easier as far as operating the garage doors, lights and security from our phones.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was doing some research on the internet for security systems when I heard about Link Interactive. They made a lot of changes in their solution over the last year and they were ranked a little lower. Now, they're right up there with Frontpoint. I liked the panels they offered and the Z-Wave Plus technology that they use. I’ve been using them for three weeks and the installation was straightforward and there were no challenges. The instructions were adequate. I’m in technology and I’m thinking that for a layperson, they would not have that much of an issue. Everyone was professional when I dealt with them and it was more of a question and answer and an affirmation that we're going down the right path for home automation. If there was a problem, it was solved in the first try.

It's nice to have a security system and getting into the routine of everything else. I've also put in some home automations, locks and integrated into Alexa. There are some things that I'm working on that will make life easier. It’s knowing that the system in the house to secure all the doors are shut and so forth and locked. There’s a level of security. Everything worked well and for the most part, there was nothing that I would want. The interface with Alarm.com worked fairly well also and the interface to Alexa in home automation is okay. There are still a couple of things I would like to see changed but I'd recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We've been using Link Interactive for four months. We had Vivint Security before and I was not happy with the service or the monthly price. The Link system has the same features with Vivint, but I'm paying half the monthly price for it. Installing it was self-explanatory on most of it and Link Interactive was really helpful with it. Their customer service people are really easy to talk to and are very knowledgeable. Knowing that we have the system makes us feel a little safer.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It was very easy to install by myself the Link Interactive system and I’ve been using it for about three weeks now. Since installing the system, I have a lot more peace of mind. They hit the nail on the head and it's convenient. Their team members are very helpful and the customer service is what got me to go with them over other competitors. If they keep up their good customer service then they’ll have more customers.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I chose Link based on ranking and technology. The salesperson that I worked with when purchasing the product when I called, was awesome. She followed up on questions. I had so much going on at that time and there were times that we were going to talk but I couldn’t. She was great about the whole thing. Installing the system was okay, but I would've paid more to have somebody do it. Otherwise, the system is user-friendly and I like the doorbell feature. We started in June with Link and we feel a bit more secure and comfortable.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Link Interactive was recommended to me by a guy who did some other work in my house. He even installed it at and did a great job. It was easy to use in terms of being able to open up the doors from my phone. Unfortunately I had a problem with it but their reps answered all of my questions and took care of everything. My wife feels safer with Link Interactive and I've never felt unsafe as well. I had a very positive experience and I would recommend it to somebody if they asked me about it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I was doing an online search, found a list of recommended companies and I decided on Link because of a combination of cost and service. I have them for about a month now. Installing their system was easy. It was all peel and stick and loading up the main screen and hitting test. It;s also gone well every time I've had to talk to their team. They’ve answered any questions then everything is solved. Since installing the system, I worry less about leaving my dogs at home and leaving the house in general. It’s convenient, reliable and there’s this feeling of safety with Link Interactive.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I am pleased with Link Interactive. I searched online and Link Interactive is always ranked number one or two in the reviews. It’s a wireless system and installing it was very simple and everything was easy right out of the box. The instructions that came with the box were not great but the ones online were more detailed. It was a simple setup from there. I also used the Alarm.com app and it’s been very handy. It makes it very easy to set or make sure that I had set the alarm. We've had a big spike in burglaries and Link Interactive helps give me the peace of mind that my stuff would be okay. It was very comfortable leaving my wife at home because we got the security system.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We've been with Link Interactive for a month now and we have a motion sensor, a glass break sensor, and the regular door sensor. My husband did the installation and he said it was easy. Yesterday, the glass break sensor went off and it turned out that the Link people couldn't call the police. In the city where I live, you have to get a permit to do so but luckily my husband works really close to the house so he came over here and everything turned out to be okay. Still, they were friendly and it was really quick. We're usually gone for long periods of time and my pets are my main worry so it's good to know that everything is so immediate and quick. I have already highly recommended them to some people I know because it's easy and there's a lot of features per the price point.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I am very satisfied with my experience with Link Interactive. I went with them because of the thoroughness of their pre-sales support and the security system was easily installed in a new commercial location two months ago. We certainly feel more secure having the system and it has helped us accentuate new processes. Link Interactive has been thorough and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My contractor set me up with Link Interactive for my office space. He said it would be clean and streamlined, and it would meet my needs. Installing the system was fine. In emailing and in the portals, I felt that there were a couple of extra layers of that than there needed to be but it all worked. Once I called Link for help on my keypad and the support was great. The experience was efficient overall. We've been using Link Interactive for two weeks now and it's been working good so far.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I was browsing the internet, I read the reviews about Link Interactive and then I went ahead and got the system. The earlier owner of my home was using the same system and it was already installed at my home so we bought it again and it's been two months now. I added one more lock into my system and configured the lock into the system. It was an easy and straightforward experience. I called the team when I had to set it up in the beginning and they were really helpful. We just have to arm and disarm the system every time we go out of the house. Link Interactive has been great and their customer service has been excellent.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I did some research on the internet for different service providers and I compared Link Interactive to four different other companies. I liked the combination of services that we could receive versus a front cost as well as ongoing monthly cost. Installing the security system was fairly easy. The only difficulty I had was getting the cameras in the right place. I had to reinstall two cameras because they weren’t giving us the view that we needed. Also, I was having issues getting our cameras to connect over the Wi-Fi. The signal wasn’t strong enough so I had to do some reconnecting of the signal and some moving around to get things in the right place so the installation took longer than I expected.

When I talked to their reps concerning a couple of things, they answered my questions for the most part and they were able to help me out. My main issue was in signing up. They said that we had a thousand clips of videos that would be stored at any one time and that the oldest ones should be removed as a new one came on. What they did not explain was that I had a limit per month so I can only upload 1000 clips and then it turned off my cameras. had I known about this, I would have chosen a different company.

I had five days with no coverage and when I spoke to a rep about it, she was not sure how to handle my frustration and wasn’t able to answer my questions. She kept repeating the same phrase over and over again then she shut down. But she was not solving my issue. She finally agreed to give us the extension for the month because I was still three days from the restart of my monthly allotment. Now, they're monitoring it to see if we are going to go over each month because if so, then I'm paying more than what I originally expected for the service.

I was disappointed in the way that they phrased how the cloud loading would actually work. But other than that, it's nice to be able to look at the cameras when I'm not here. All of us can access it when we're away to see what's going on the property. That’s a nice improvement which is why we switched to a cloud-based camera system and as far as the rest of the coverage, everything is working right.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

It’s been a month since I've used Link Interactive as our home security provider. I found them on the web and I chose them over other companies because of the price. Installing it was easy and now that I have it, I have less worries. So far, everything’s good.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I did some research into different security companies when I was searching for my house and found a site that rated Link Interactive highly. I’ve had them for two months and the installation went easily. It was all self-explanatory, but they walked us through it. Their team was good and gave good customer service. They are helpful, reliable and accurate.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I had a system before but I replaced it with Link Interactive replaced. Link had very good reviews and the functionalities of it like video recording was what I needed. I’m not good at doing things that well on my own, but I liked that I can install the equipment by myself without having somebody else to come into the house. It was very simple to do that. The instructions were very easy to follow and they also provided video tutorials which were excellent. The person who sold me the system and customer support were really helpful when I had some questions regarding installing light sensors. The people at Link Interactive were really superb. I feel good that I have the system. We went on vacation and I was able to monitor things. Link is excellent and I’m very happy so far with the system and the support. I’m highly satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I came across one of Link's packages, read reviews about it and thought it was something worth trying out. I ended up calling them multiple times and they were happy to help. That’s pretty marketing and I always get that. However, we were almost going to get Frontpoint but when I compared all the security systems, I felt that Link Interactive's whole package, including their features of home automation and panel, was worth paying $35 for. Out there, Vivint or ADT are doing pretty much the same thing and I didn't feel worried spending so much for the same features and technology.

We also felt that they were giving their extra effort plus at the end of the day, both Frontpoint and Link Interactive are by Alarm.com so that was another selling point for us to go with Link. Our experience with the customer service in ordering and calling them, and with the installation, was straightforward. I didn't need any help with the installation and we got it installed in no time. I've had them for the last two months and so far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I liked the upfront cost of Link Interactive, so I got them as my home security provider after I heard about them from a friend. The representatives were courteous and friendly, and they were able to answer all my questions. Installing my security system was great and I've had it for a month. My experience with the Link Interactive system was great overall and I feel safer and more confident in having it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Link wasn’t nearly as expensive as other security providers and I didn’t have to have a phone line to use it which was nice. It's simple. We put in the system after we got broken into, and it gave us peace of mind. If we’re gone, at least there’s something that can notify us or some type of system is over the house while we’re gone. Installing the system was fairly simple, but the directions could have been a little clearer on things. We've had Link for about a month now and overall, I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

System components did not operate properly from first insulation. Glass break never worked, had to return motion detector and replacement failed also. Other detector having issues too. Could be a download problem, but I spent more time on the phone with so many phone calls. I did not want to be stuck in a three year deal with inferior products. Customer service was okay, people friendly, sometimes not that knowledgeable, but when I did not get a call back I knew it was time to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I chose Link Interactive over other companies because of the price. My interactions with sales reps were all positive and the install was super easy. Customer service is good. My alarm went off a few times, not accidentally, because my mother-in-law who was staying at home opened the door and I immediately got a call. There's peace of mind that comes with Link knowing that the family is safe. Great experience, great product, and great price. We'd definitely refer it to others.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have cancer and I got Link Interactive because I’ll be here by myself sometimes. This thing is different from the other one I had. If I knew it’s do-it-yourself I wouldn't have ordered it because we're old. We had to put it in ourselves and we had a hard time over it and we're still having a hard time with it. It took us two months to get it a little bit started, but it's still not working like it should. They’re going to charge us for this, but they don’t come out to help me and that's not doing us any good cause we can't get this thing working right. I'm having some issues with it right now and I don’t understand it. I came and looked at who came to my house and it didn't even record anything. I like what it does, but I wouldn't recommend to a friend right now.

Link Interactive Company Information