Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 1,776 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1776 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We got out of our contract with our previous home security provider and I was looking for something similar. Link Interactive was reasonably priced and had some good reviews on customer service and one reason I left the previous provider is that the customer service was pretty horrible, to say the least. There were some challenges I faced with the do-it-yourself installation, mainly when it came to the doorbell camera and the panel. But Link Interactive has been helpful as far as troubleshooting over the phone and overall, everything was well.

I triggered the alarm the other night intentionally to kind of test it out and see how long it would take to get a response. They contacted me over the speaker and the response time was fair. I apologized to the guy for doing that, but I felt like I wanted to get a test-run. Also, once you get down and learn what all they do, the features are good quality. The thermostat seems kinda flimsy compared to anything I’ve dealt with in the past though, mainly where you put the wires in. I’m used to dealing with a set screw and these have little plastic tabs, which are pretty fragile. I, unfortunately, kinda pinched one off, although it still works fine. So, my only complaint about the equipment would probably be the mounting bracket/base of the thermostat. Other than that, the cost is fair. I got about $15 or $18 cheaper a month than what I was paying, for the same kind of service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The home we moved into, which we're renting currently, was already wired up for both Link Interactive and ADT. Having not heard of Link in the past, we went to ADT first, but the service was absolutely terrible. So, I decided to call Link and see what they were offering, and I can't say enough good things about the company. Their customer service is A-plus. Every single time I've called, and it's been about half a dozen times between setting things up and getting things organized, I'm on the phone with a real person in literally under two minutes. The service works great. The alarm hasn’t gone off, so I haven't had the chance to test the call center stuff, which I hope I never have to, but everything works as it is supposed to. Their service has also been phenomenal. Every time they’ve had to walk me through setting something up, it has been done with a smile. It's one of the best companies I've ever talked to as far as customer service.

They offer full automation in their package. I can control my garage door from my phone and I can literally control all my appliances if I wanted to. When you log in to the system from your phone, it happens quickly, whereas, with ADT, I would wait around three minutes to be able to log in, which is beyond inconvenient. Back in the day, that was fast but not by today’s standards. Link offers a lot. You get a lot for your money and there is always a real person looking out for you, so it is a great company.

The quality of the security equipment has been great so far. The sensors work and the alarm system arms and disarms when it is supposed to. They had to deal on automating the garage, so it was an after-market sort of situation and I took advantage of it. Anytime I've had to call for troubleshooting, they were always right there and they fixed the problem right away. I get more for less money than I did with ADT. We live in a big neighborhood, so having Link Interactive is a deterrent and an extra added level of safety. It's nice to be able to have something where I know that it works. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to get a security system and I already recommended them to two family members.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Having a home security system gives you peace of mind. When you are away, you know you have sensors and things that are there to trigger to let you know if something bad is happening. We wanted to secure the home and to have a better vision into what's happening at home, so we decided to purchase one. Link Interactive had a good price point and I liked what they were selling. The sensors, devices, and components were not attached to a propriety. If I wanted to, I could move to another system, while other people that are providing the service would not allow you to do that, so you are locked in to their proprietary system. Others would offer a lower upfront fee, but you are stuck with them forever. I didn’t like the fact that I would be stuck with the other providers, but Link Interactive allowed me to be free of that and in case I didn’t like Link, I could move to another provider and still use my sensors.

The sales rep was standard. He was trying to sell a product and plead his case. He seemed to not understand certain aspects of the technology and he almost put himself on the line. He was rapping something that he didn't understand and not really giving the full truth. I was testing him to see what he would say and he was pushing some jargon or lingo, “Oh, well, we do encryption on the ply.” I asked what that meant and he just said something. I asked him to explain it, but he couldn’t fully explain it. During the installation of the system, I got all the stuff and put it together. I didn't look at the instructions too much. I just knew what to do with it and I knew that the panel needed to be linked. I needed certain information and it was very easy. There was a packet that came in that told the passcodes and gave the basic rundown. I just followed that and it was perfect.

The features are good and the system offers what you would expect. There are both cell and wireless communication. There is a backup battery in it and I really like the touch screen panel and the fact that there is a motion detector in there. It is cool. That provided me one last motion detector I had to purchase. There is also a glass break detector in the panel, so there was a lot of bang for the buck in the system. I use the Link Interactive smartphone features and I have it built into Alexa, Echo Spot, and Echo Show. From the phone, I can tell Siri or Alexa to arm the system. There's an added benefit that I can link it with Alexa and I can do everything with my voice.

The cost is good and I'm getting a quality product although there is nothing special about it. The panel is nice because it is a touchscreen and the sensors operate at the distances that are needed. They communicate well but when I link up my smartphone to the panel, it is supposed to auto-disarm when it knows that I'm near, but sometimes, that doesn’t work correctly which is one little quirk in the system.

Since having Link Interactive, I feel like I have more vision and idea of what's happening at the house. I travel a lot, so I'm always worried about my home and what's happening. It is good being able to have vision into your home and knowing that there are sensors 24/7 working to let you know if someone has triggered some sensor in your house. If a friend is interested in a security system, I would explain to him my current set-up, what I have and what my experience is, although there are other options. I like what I have but maybe he is looking for something different.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I did a quick Google search for home security systems and Link Interactive consistently showed up. It's like one of the top three best in efficiency in customer service, but also it was always top with the price. I was looking at cost efficiency and Link was the most affordable one on the list that I found. I filled out online to ask for information and within three minutes, I had somebody from Link call me, and I bought the system right then and there. It all happened within an hour. The sales rep was really good and well-informed. The installation process was pretty simple and I did it within 15 minutes. My crown molding was a little bit different but installing the system was pretty easy.

The system has been really good so far. I got an additional window sensor because I have more windows than what was in the basic package. I've used everything pretty regularly. The smartphone features are super convenient. The Bluetooth is really nice because it just turns off as soon as I go and pull into my garage. I travel a lot for work, and my dog and my girlfriend are home when I'm gone. The entire last week and a half that I was traveling for work this fall, my girlfriend was super happy, and it was nice for me because I knew that she was safe. So, it's been really good. I really appreciate the service, and I can't complain about the price.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We were living in an apartment but we got an actual house and my husband works the night shift so, I’m home by myself at night. I did a little research and Link Interactive was the most banging for your buck as far as what they provided and the monitoring system. I almost went with ADT but they had a very aggressive sales practice and I didn’t appreciate that. Link had good customer service. The gentleman I spoke to was great and explained things. He knew we were apprehensive about doing it. Link was not as advertised as CPI or ADT or other services so I asked if we were going for the system and he gave us a 60-day money-back guarantee if we didn’t like them.

The installation went well and we were able to do everything by the instructions. We initially thought that one of our sensors was gonna go on the door and we decided to put it on the window, so we had to get the delay second off of it. The features were everything I expected and the display was very nice. My husband loves it because it tells you the weather. So, he can tell the temperature before he goes outside. We added the doorbell camera, which we haven't hooked up yet but we’ll get it fixed eventually. I realized you had to have a hardwired doorbell, but I didn’t realize our doorbell wasn’t hardwired until we got up there to take it down.

I love the smartphone features because when I pull into the garage, since my phone is linked to the security system, it automatically disarms it. So, if I've got my hands full of grocery or the dog, it disarms it, so I don’t have to worry about it going off when I walk in. The cost was great and it was exactly how much I would expect to pay for what I've got. It was less than what the other agencies are charging for the same exact service. I feel better at night being at home by myself and now, I'm alerted too if a door opens. I highly recommend the system and the coverage that it has.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have always had a home security system. I appreciated the Alarm.com product and Link Interactive offered that. They were friendlier and available but also seemed to have a downhome kid of feeling. I ordered extra things and I also had some that worked with the alarm that I have already installed. However, I wasn’t aware of how complex a system could be to install and they should have the availability for a tech to come and install for somebody who was not good at understanding. I already had an Alarm.com product, so I was able to understand a little bit more, but when it came down to some specific needs that I wanted, such as not having the system sitting on a table, actually be wired in and put into the wall, I had to go and find myself a contractor on my own that would be able to install.

Link is fabulous and they do a good job of supporting the needs of the consumer and it is very easy to use. They were very helpful and very patient with me. They were also available but they seemed to communicate more by text instead of a mobile phone call. For instance, if an alarm tripped, it was more of a feature of using your text to respond or using your email to respond instead of, “Hey, we got a call and this is what happened.” Some people either don’t have the smartphone feature on their phone or they're not up with it. I know my mom would have a problem with it so, I couldn’t recommend it to my mom. However, I would recommend the system to anybody else that was looking to have one. the cost was quite fair and comparable with the products supporting that payment.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I originally purchased Link Interactive and then everything got sent back because I was having issues with the service. The communication was horrible. When they sent everything out, they messed the order. They didn’t send the correct order out, of what it was supposed to be. The person I was dealing with was like, “Okay, I’ll give you a call back tomorrow at this time,” or when we were negotiating she said, “Yeah, I’ll call you back.” But I didn’t hear anything back for two days. Nobody has contacted me. I tried using this stuff and hooked it up. The alarm kept going off like it was just detecting like we were being burglarized, and we weren’t. When I talked to them on the phone, they said something about an issue with the panel. At that point, I just sent it back, and ended up going with ADT.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Link Interactive's program offered the same type of coverage as the other companies were offering but for less money. So, I went with them. But the set-up was not nearly as easy as it should be and the directions included were not great. They had too many versions of it. There was a quick version, a longer version that you can read in-depth, and a few indications where you could go to a website and see a video of how it was done. But the videos weren’t there or in some cases, they were impossible to find. I had to call customer service and ask them where were the videos. They sent me links but they weren’t the exact videos that I was asking for. So it was a pain to set up but everybody I’ve spoken to on the phone had been really nice and seemed to be doing their best to help out.

I also had a couple of doors where the installation was very difficult and the solution that they provided was to put these foam pieces underneath it to make the magnet pieces line up. That was pretty unattractive and I wish that there was some equipment available for door jambs that are really far away from the physical door. They only had two little magnetic pieces where you put one on the door jamb and the other one on the door, and when the door shuts, they’re supposed to align to show that the door is closed. But because my door is recessed so deeply into the side of the house, the door jamb is many inches away from the surface of the door.

Other than that, I use the smartphone feature to turn the alarm on and off, and I check the history there. But it doesn’t exactly explain the difference of when the motion detector is on. So there are a few things that I find a little confusing about it, but for the most part, it’s okay. So far, I’m not even sure I really need the security system, but it's better to be safe inside.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Self-installation and OG network made me decide to get a home security system. I got one from Link Interactive and I've been using it for four years now. It is comparable with ADT except on technology and I’ve had more false alarms with them. The installation was easy but every time I call Link, it's a long process to get a hold of anyone. Once, I had some technical issue and they did not call back. I'm planning to shut down the service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

There was a promotion through Costco where they had a good deal on Link Interactive versus non-Costco members. And for peace of mind, I purchased a home security system. It's a plug and play system and I installed it myself. Then I called the reps at Link and they activated it for me. The system could have more options on the camera side. It would be great if they have more recording mode or a better camera. Still, Link Interactive has a good system to spend my money on. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Link Interactive was the most responsive when I asked for more information, and the guy I spoke with was knowledgeable. He helped me out with a few things and walked me through options. I haven’t set my thing up, but they have followed up several times, asking about helping me out with the setup.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I’ve always had a security system on my house, but I also wanted to step-up to have some cameras because we were going out to the country and I wanted to be able to keep a check on the premises while we weren’t here. I did a research on the different companies and Link Interactive was rated highly among companies that do this. Link is very good but the problem is that we’re trying to install a new system on top of old equipment. As soon as we got one thing going, another sensor goes down, and I have a whole lot of sensors.

My sensors are four years old since I’ve been in this house and who knows when they were manufactured so trying to use old sensors with a new set of equipment is not a good idea. I didn’t wanna go through waiting everyday for a new sensor to breakdown. So I just wanted to start all over from scratch. We come to the point where in order to replace all of my old my equipment, it is gonna cost so much. So I should just get a whole new set that is done by a company who installs rather than a do-it-yourself. I had been willing to pay for somebody to install everything, so I might not have to go through all of this.

Link had very nice features. I use the app and I was able to remotely see what’s happening in the house. But I did discover that trying to use an indoor camera to see outside has a problem, and they were aware of that. So I should have ordered the right camera for the outside. Nevertheless, the equipment they supplied were good, and the support was good. Their reps have been very courteous and very helpful. They respond very quickly. They’re doing quite a great job of trying to help me get it going.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We knew we moved into a new-old house and we always wanted a security system from the beginning. I was a bit concerned with going with a company where I'm doing a lot of it myself as I'm not very good at technology and it was daunting at first, but I received a lot more support than I ever expected and it wasn't that hard. They coached me through things and they were very patient. Their instructions were good and the online tutorials are really helpful, but they should beef up their tutorials. There are a lot of other similar systems on the internet that wasn't specifically Link and what I found online filled the gap. All in all, Link is better than the other company I was with. They weren't clear what I was tied into and I had no control over my own equipment, which I did not like. Link made it very clear that I was getting tied into the monthly payments and I like the flexibility. We feel more secure having the system in our home too.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I liked the reviews for Link Interactive and the experience of talking with them during the quoting process. The reps were friendly and weren’t pushy at all. I installed the system myself. It was very simple and the instructions were great which were also available online. The features use their software and I customized the package with video. We've always had an alarm system but Link’s aspect is much better. I would recommend the service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My last provider was ADT and I didn’t have some of the services that Link Interactive provides such as the phone notification which I like. It gives us the ability to know and do a lot of control, and some sense of security. The interaction with the reps was good and the follow up was great. The salesperson let me know the different features and the different services. So, it was okay. A family member helped me out with the installation because they have the same system. The instructions weren’t 100% clear but if Link has a video to help you set up the system, that would be beneficial. Also, the labelling in regards to the parts that attached to the windows and the doors is relatively smaller in comparison to ADT. Still, I'm satisfied with Link Interactive. The cost is good and the security system is in line with the industry. It's a built up in front instead of towards the contract so, it’s not far in comparison to other providers.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We're renting a house and Link was already installed there. We had the homeowner transfer the account to us. The homeowner did most of the process and I got emails from Link. It was a good and seamless process. They just had me submit my identification and they got the account transferred over to my name. All the batteries were replaced and we didn't have to make any changes to the system. We love the features. It's very intuitive, has a good app and has a good interface. We use that a lot. Everything's been functioning greatly. Link also has a good price point. We pay 30 bucks a month which is a good investment. We have the system for security reasons. I'm completely happy with Link. I like the app and like how easy it is to use. I recommend Link and others should go for it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I had ADT before and the rates kept going up so I looked for something cheaper. A friend told me about Link Interactive and it was a good fit. The sales rep was awesome. I was trying to get the best deal and I went back and forth with him for two weeks. He even went to his manager and got me a sweeter deal of two months free which is more than I paid for the equipment. If I’d stayed with ADT, I would have paid for the equipment and service fees.

I installed the device myself and the instructions were fine. There were hundreds of videos on YouTube on what to do, how to do and where to do and they were very simple. I had an issue with one of my sensors which was replaced though. I called one night and had it within three days. When they sent me that, I called the number and was put on hold although I get it as nobody had customer service like they did 20 years ago. While I was on hold, I figured it out and the guy came on and asked how he could help. I told him that I got it, and then he ran the test, and it was all good.

The equipment is so much farther advanced with Link, unlike the ADT stuff which is just cryptic. I can also customize the hardware and what I like about it is I can just go online and order the equipment. When it comes, I can just add it. However, the software cannot be customized as the system is what it is as far as features. Also with Link, I can have an immediate conversation with somebody there through the panel. ADT was always, “We'll call you, and then if he doesn’t answer, we’ll call somebody else.” My son went in the house one time and missed the code and 10 minutes later, ADT called to tell us that somebody was in our house. I told the person that the people had cleaned me out.

I also use the smartphone features. It's awesome that the alarm turns off when I pull in the garage. Every time somebody goes in and out of my house, I get a notification and I love that on my phone. I was in Phoenix, Arizona one time and my wife was home alone and it made me feel comfortable to know that she was in the house, the door was locked, she set the alarm and she was going to bed. It's been an excellent experience overall. I’ve already recommended it three times and I'm fixing to buy Link for my daughter.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

A security system was something that my wife wanted to have done. Compared to other companies, Link seemed like what we were looking for based on my research. Their customer service walked me through everything. They gave me what I wanted and they didn't try to push me. It was a pretty simple process. The installation was DIY and it got done in about 20 minutes. The instructions were pretty straightforward. Link is affordable and everything is good about the system. The online features work exactly as advertised. I can arm and disarm the alarm anywhere in the world. I've had a pretty good experience with Link and I'd tell others that it's a company they'd wanna research for themselves.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Link was recommended by the security company that I was using. Their system had quality features but the features that were selected or provided were pretty much identified by myself and the local security representative who had no direct association with Link. Other than that, the Link reps were always responsive over the years. Whenever I had an issue, they were right on top of it, whether it was a technical issue or if it was an emergency situation.

But Link's rates were getting higher than what I really wanted to pay. Their rates for monitoring my system were substantially higher than rates that I can get with other comparable vendors. I recently terminated my service with Link and my the last interaction with them went relatively well with one exception. The young lady was supposed to terminate it on a particular date. Prior to her getting off of work that day, she did not, so the termination was delayed by two days.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I preferred Link's ala carte method where I could pick and choose exactly what I wanted instead of what the competitors were offering which were predetermined packages of the different types of equipment needed. The sales guy that I worked with was really helpful and he didn't push anything on me which I liked. I asked him the questions and I chose exactly what I needed. But Link fell short on the delivery. It took about three attempts just to get to my house. I had to finally get them to overnight the package because the delivery kept failing. I had to keep going back and forth with them multiple times. That was kind of a mess. But other than that, everything was great.

The packaging came with the instructions. They were intended to be easy but the booklets could use a couple more pictures or depictions. For the glass proof sensors, it was hard to understand exactly the requirement on how to install them because they have to specifically be adjacent to the wall of the windows or the glass that they are sensing. That was a little bit confusing to navigate through. But once I fully understood it, it was easy. The installation was all do-it-yourself and I was able to install the system wherever I wanted to exactly. It didn't take me long. I just had to call customer service to verify if the system was working.

Link is priced well amongst their competitors, if not lower. I am very happy with the cost. I like that the equipment is mine to keep afterward if I were to leave. They also said I could use it on a different provider if I were to move somewhere else. I'm using the Link app every day to turn my system on and off. All I cared about was being able to do that and that was another reason why I went with Link because it was simple. There were not too many gadgets that slowed it down. I get emails now advertising Link's new products and what they have coming out is pretty good stuff. With Link, there's an away and a stay function. I can turn it on while I'm still inside the house. It turns off the motion sensors automatically without me having to manually tell it to. I like that the most. I would refer friends to Link.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We just moved into our house and the system that was here before was too expensive to continue with. I researched online and found that Link Interactive was much cheaper and they seemed to be a good company. When I called Link, they seemed to have enough representatives that I’m not to be put on hold for any period of time. They explained everything and seemed knowledgeable about being able to convert the old system to their system.

Installing the system was fairly easy and I did all the rewiring myself. I took pictures of the old wiring and sent it to Link. They then sent me a detailed list of instructions on how to take those wires off and put it in their little box that goes in the same cabinet that the old system was in. It’s a small wireless device that is powered by the old system. The various devices in the house, like the door connection, when I open the door, registers and pretty much all of them were wired ones. There were a few wireless devices that worked also. They’re powered by the old system but the wireless system goes into the new one, so I didn’t have to replace a lot of stuff.

Link sent a new control panel and it was very easy to use. It has a touchscreen and it works. I also have the complete smartphone feature and I can either set the system from there or from the touch panel. I can add a camera too for another $5 a month to have that feature where I could view what’s going on. The Link Interactive system works well and it made me feel a little safer. If you’re a bit handy and you can do it yourself, you’ll save quite a bit of money each month. I would recommend them. They're basically half the cost of the old system.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Just bought a house in Florida that came with a wired Alarm system managed by a three letter combination company. Being an electrical engineer it was an easy choice to not renew with the current company, but rather look to upgrade to Link Interactive that uses Qolsys equipment, that is is on the forefront of technology. Ben was really helpful in customizing my package so I could take advantage of all pre-wired magnetic sensors that I already had, but still allow to add more advanced sensors for better protection. I would highly recommend Link Interactive to anyone looking for a great security system that are using the most advance technology offered to consumers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I got a Link Interactive system after a personal recommendation. Their rep was straightforward and I didn’t feel pressured. They did exactly what I asked and it’s working. Link has been effective and I am happy with the product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My daughter is somewhat handicapped and she lives alone. I figured to get a security system so we checked everybody out and the people that we talked to said that Link Interactive is good. We got mixed up a little bit and I don’t think they understood the situation that I have a daughter that I take care of. The checkbook has to be under my name ‘cause I control everything. I go through everything before it happens.

I told them that there was no way that I could give them a credit card ‘cause we only have one and it’s to both of us but I have it. They said that was all right. We got the security system and put it in. Everything was going great then they called and said that I was two months behind. They tried to bill me and it was refused. Joseph, the sales rep, and I discussed all this and before we did anything, I told him the situation that I am the controller as long as my daughter agrees. What Link had to do was send me a bill. Then we got some guy and he said that they’re paperless but I said that we’re not.

My daughter is custody of the 4th district court of Idaho, and I am responsible to those people to do everything right for her best interest. The guy named Brian didn’t quite understand the 4th whole district court and I could go to prison if I get all this wrong. I explained to him everything but still, he said that they're totally paperless. I told him that we got a big problem and that he better get a hold of Joe to straighten all this out and so we went back and forth. Brian got little sideways as far as what could happen, and I just had to tell him no. When I called and asked to speak to a customer service person, a lady came on and told me exactly what they could do and it was all fine. I told her to send me an email and I'll send them the check. That way, I have a record and that's what I need when I fill out a yearly report on my daughter for the court. We got it all straightened out and it worked.

During the installation, me and another guy couldn't get it right. I have a friend that’s electronically savvy so I just called him and he came over. He put the two little things together, put them on the window, and everything worked out fine. I like the system's features, the way that they were put on the windows, and the consul. My daughter's friend got one just like it and they said they were happy. I’m happy too and Link seems to work really well. The cost is also reasonable. It’s a very easy system to set up once you understand it. We're satisfied and will recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had an old home security system but I wasn’t happy with it as they gave me no information when they raised my price. And so, my son went looking on the internet for a better and a more reliable company. I got Link Interactive and things seemed to be much better. The price was very good which was why I stopped using the other system because it was too expensive for me. My son installed it and he was very happy when he did and it all worked. I'm happy about the system, too.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I wanted a security system and was referred by somebody to Link Interactive. I got the package and installed the system myself. The installation went all right and it wasn't a lot of work to do. It was easy and I was done in about 15 minutes. The smartphone features are also good and very convenient. Link Interactive is a good product and I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We had wired security systems and a drill control system in the past and technology wise when most security systems were hardwired, I thought I had the best system. Then this technology evolved and got more advanced. The new wireless 4GL systems came out so I changed over. I did a lot of research on Link Interactive and found that their system was excellent based on the reviews and ratings. It's 4GL which wireless so that's a big plus. Link is exemplary in every way and is top-notch in customer service. I’m very happy with them since I’ve had my alarm installed. Their service and support team were great and I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The older ADT system that I had was a traditional hardwired system. I tried to use Frontpoint and I had some issues, so I went looking around. Link Interactive had the next most similar solution from what I was looking for and I got them. The Link system is nicer and much more flexible, so I was able to add an electronic lock and a camera. That would have been a bigger deal with the previous system because everything had to be done through a professional service guy. With Link, I was able to put it in myself and add these other items myself. If I needed any help, they would be able to guide me over the phone.

Since getting my system, I've liked Link's control panel in terms of its size and features and I'm using the latest state-of-the-art equipment. However, I plan on doing a little more on the home automation side. I am using just one light and the house is like a ranch style house, so it’s laid out a little wide. I anticipated that mesh networking to work a little better but I’ve been disappointed in that. I’ve even added a repeater and it doesn’t seem to be performing like I thought it would.

The cost of the system seems typical with that in the marketplace. I’m using all the features, so I got the expensive plan where I add the camera. However, I’m not using the camera as well as I should, so I need to figure out how to take advantage of some more of the advanced capabilities. It is working but it’s just manual monitoring. Also, I tested the alarm and I saw that it does the camera snapshot. But I haven’t really set it up to where it records on movement and I need to figure out how to do that. Sometimes it’s a little complicated to figure some of that stuff out.

Having all the doors monitored satisfies my wife. However, we had a bit of a situation when there was an update that Link rolled out that took away the user permissions on the electronic door locks, and we didn’t exactly have that figured out until later. That one threw us through a bit of a loop. Still, I’m a happy Link customer and plan on expanding on top of my system. All in all, the Link system helps the new home. I had a good experience with the company and I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Our previous security provider was ADT but it didn't have the option that I need which is the arm and disarm the automation. So I went with Link Interactive. However, we had some issue because the sales rep of Link thought the feature of arming and disarming is automatically included in the package but it wasn’t. So, we had some delays about it. But we were able to resolve the issue and so far, everything's good. The cost was reasonable as well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Time Warner, the other provider that I had was local which is around here. That was landline-based and I had it for a number of years. It was fine but I wanted to upgrade into a cellular-based thing so I went online and did a lot of research on various companies. I focused on Link Interactive because from what I was looking for, they were a bit better priced than if I had stayed with Time Warner, both for the hardware and the monthly charge.

One of Link's feature was a motion detector that could also take pictures if it got activated and that would be sent to your cellular. There are many other ones that had that features but you need to have Wi-Fi all year-round. Majority of the Link equipment came from a source that was pre-programmed into the control panel. The installation was straightforward except for that particular thing. There was a lot of difficulty and misinformation on how to install those equipment and how they operate it. And because these things came from a different source, I found that the people that I was dealing with weren't totally checked out or understood how the things worked. If I contacted them, I got different people and different answers. We finally worked it all out but the equipment still didn't work exactly the way that it was advertised which was annoying. Other than that, I got it up and running and I've had it in operation for a couple of months now, and so far, so good.

The way Link Interactive packaged their things met my needs and I'm happy. It isn't on the high end but works. Link's customer service and the response that I had from the people when I had questions were great. Their reps were all very pleasant and it turned out to be enjoyable talking with them. They certainly tried to be very helpful in researching and digging up. I'd definitely tell others that they seriously ought to look and consider Link Interactive.

Link Interactive Company Information