Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 1,811 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1811 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I got the Link system with the business I purchased, and I continued with it. Transferring it into my name from the previous was not very smooth, but it was okay. The Link system is old, so quality-wise it is not as good as the new ones. One or two sensors are not working. The smartphone features are okay, but I’m wondering if I can look at the recording. It's either I’m not able to find that feature or it’s not there. As far as a sense of security, I am a bit skeptical. I’m not sure whether this alarm and these guys react quickly. There have been some trouble signals and I was expecting that with my other recording system at home, I would immediately receive a call. It is an automated system and all is there. It just calls in, and it looks like there is no person behind it making a sensible decision. The real proof of security comes with a quick response, and it’s not up to the mark.

Another problem is that when there are some trouble signals and it's automated, the response that comes is that the battery is probably low, and there is no proactive action from Link’s side. I was able to change the battery in one sensor, but I’m not able to do it yet with the other sensors. I don’t really know how to open it and how to change, choose or order the battery. Link should be more proactive from a security point of view. One camera is not working on the phone, and they have tried to do that. But after that, it’s not working and nothing is done. Overall though, the system is okay.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We bought a house and the Link Interactive system was pre-installed. Then, we had the option of keeping the contract and since we wanted a security system and the fact that it was already set up inside the house, we decided to keep them. The lady who helped me set up the account was fine and we had no issues. She told me everything she needed and got everything done. So far, the experience with Link Interactive has been positive.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The people that we just bought this home four months ago already had Link Interactive, and I haven’t had any problems with them. The system is nice. However, we didn’t know how it worked and then I had a little problem because the battery was low and it took them a while to send me a battery, but they did. Everything was fine. Then, a couple of days ago, we were just testing it out and they talked right through the box which we didn’t know they could do that. We only have it on our doors and our garage.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had a previous home security system which wasn't very good. Also, I needed some specific water sensors and things for a sump pump that a lot of other companies did not provide but Link Interactive had. Link was recommended as well by Angie's List and I've had pretty good luck with vendors from that website. Plus, Link had a set package that was on sale through Angie's List and I added a few things to that for my specific needs, so things worked out pretty well when I went with them. They even gave me a whole bunch more than what another place offered for the same amount of money. In fact, I got about three times the number of sensors and window sensors for the same price.

Aside from that, once I talked to Link on the phone, they seemed like they had their stuff together and the reps I talked to were really good. They worked up an estimate for me on what I needed to get and they programmed everything. Then they sent out all of the equipment and sensors just like they were supposed to and I only had to put them in myself. But the tough part was testing the sensors. For the windows, it was easy as I just had to open a window. But the testing for the ones for the smoke, heat, and freezing was a hassle to do. I had to do it though and I was essentially pulling out a match or a candle trying to get the smoke in there for the smoke sensor to set off. Then, I put the sensor in a refrigerator to make it cold and put it in water and other things. I also used the hairdryer for one of the sensors. In the end, testing of those sensors wasn’t that bad. It wasn't rocket science.

Other than that, everything about the system worked exactly as it was supposed to and since installing it, I'm immediately getting notified if there's a problem with a sensor or if somebody came in and didn't reset the system. The smartphone features have worked well, too. All in all, I have been satisfied with Link Interactive. When they said something would be delivered, it was there. They've been a good company to work with and I have recommended them to a couple of neighbors who are getting ready to replace their systems.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

A friend of mine has been using Link Interactive for many years and referred it to me. I had ADT before and Link is way better. It's easy to upgrade, easy to manage and whenever we need help through a customer service call, they answer right away. Not like ADT where I hold for one hour or more. So far, I have called Link’s customer for service about five times and they're educated on their stuff and very friendly. I called to set up the passwords in the beginning as well as set up the sensors, and it was easy to handle. I did the installation myself with the help of my friend who referred the system and it was very easy to do. This is new generation stuff and is pretty secure the way I want it, and I'm satisfied with that. I have a Link system on my three businesses separately and for our dream home which is coming soon, I’m going to install Link on that too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I just wanted to give thanks to Stephen ** with Link Interactive. He was a pleasure to work with and made sure that I was getting exactly what I wanted. This is my 3rd alarm company to go to. The first I was with for 7 years and they didn't treat me well, their products were old and they only cared to get new customers. I can be a handful when it comes to contract agreements and new service. Stephen had an answer for all my questions, he was patient, courteous, professional, and committed to making sure I had the best experience possible and along the way gave me the level of comfort needed to commit to them for my home security. I look forward to being a customer of a company that has great team members. Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Link Interactive was a referral from a friend who had used it before. The customer service reps have all been amazing. They were friendly and most importantly, they're knowledgeable. They know what they're doing and how to help because it's a self-install and I needed a lot of help. Installation went fine. It's really weird though because everybody has a different learning style. I would just talk to someone, get as far as I could get and then I wouldn't call him back until some next issue came up. And then I'd call back and get someone different and they would pick up where we left off and help me with that part. They all sounded super young but they were really good.

Link's features are great. There's a bunch of different people who asked us because we have keyless door entry. It's a house that we don't stay in all the time and so a lot of times, we just let someone else stay there. We have friends that are having a wedding stay because we gave them access for the weekend. So, all of that has been really helpful. I also had a contractor there and I could just set a code for him. If he needed to leave and go get more parts and come back, he could. I can set the time period that the code is good for. I can do it remotely too. I can manage everything from the app online.

There's a lot of things you can do from your phone. To actually add a security passcode and set up all the features, there might be a way on the app, but I haven't been able to because there's one part of it that I couldn't set the code on to the lock from the phone. I had to do it from either an iPad or computer. It didn't work on the phone. I couldn't believe I was spending this much money on the security alarm because everybody advertises free equipment but it's definitely worth what I spend.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I wanted to secure my belongings so I purchased a home security system, but the company I was with didn’t answer the phone. I switched to Link Interactive and my experience has been okay, so far. The representative I dealt with was a good guy. Doing the installation myself was okay from a first time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had the sales call from the salesman of Link Interactive and he was fine. He was a young kid. He knew enough, and we got the job done. And then I got a call maybe 10 days ago or so, from their office, wanting to know why we had never armed the system. I told them it's because we’re at the house most of the time, and we’ll arm it when we leave town. The installation was not what I expected. The first round of installation was not successful. One of the doors sets off at us but eventually, we remedied that. It was because the door was too far away from the base of the system. I noticed, however, the advertisement on television now, which seem to imply that I could have the same service that I get from Link, with the same features, and it would be about half the price of my monthly fee for a monitor and alarm -- and not for Link, but for a competitor. But overall, the customer service reps have been great.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I wanted some protection for when I go on vacations. When I was working before, my house got broken into a couple of times. In my area, there are only certain security companies that you can use and Link Interactive was easy to work with, talk with and get services from. They've been great in being there and they've been helpful. I also found that Link has reasonable rates and I liked the deal they gave me.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Link Interactive got rated for a good customer service so we got it. They’ve been very friendly and able to answer my questions. The installation experience was also good. The only thing was the girl, whoever I spoke to, had to mail me some extra stickies, because I wanted to use stickies to do my motion detector, and the package that she mailed me was good. When I was talking to her, asking on everything, she was good. She kept a track with me But I wish the box was a little louder. I wish the lady or whoever talks on it, was a little louder. Other than that, everything is good. Lower price is always good and right now, they’re having a good deal.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have always wanted to purchase a security system but I never got to do it. This time though, I read some reviews and went with Link Interactive. They were helpful but I didn’t like installing the system myself. Also, when I walk through some of my motion sensors they weren’t really catching. It had the voice-activation feature and it wasn’t picking me up at all. When my little nephew walks, it picks him up but not me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I was looking for something that was better than what I had, and Link Interactive was one of the best of the systems that I’ve used. It wasn’t on the Wi-Fi system pretty much. It’s on a cellular system which is better for me. I didn’t have to worry about anything and the quality of their system is wonderful. Also, the interactions with the Link Interactive reps were great. They were friendly, professional, very attentive to what I need, and very detailed.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My husband goes away for work a lot and a home security system helps me feel safer. We got Link Interactive mostly because of the price and I walked into ADT but they were a good amount more expensive, so I didn’t go with them. So far, we've had a good experience with Link Interactive. We got the equipment in the mail four days after we decided we wanted their service. My husband did the installation and he found it easy to do. It was also really nice that we didn't have to have someone come out and do it. The quality of the equipment is good and we haven't had any complaints about the system itself. We also have the app and I use it to turn the system on and off, which is really easy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I wanted to be safe. I decided to purchase a home security system and I had ADT. But their system didn’t work and didn’t communicate with the phones. I also had a hard time communicating through to their call center just to activate it and it was pricey. My experience with Link Interactive's reps, on the other hand, was pain-free and straightforward. There was no fuss, no muss, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. Installing the system was super easy, too. It was plug-and-play and the equipment had instructions on how to reach them if for some reason I wanted to communicate how to repair it. But everything was already paired and set up. All I had to do was set the sensors where I wanted them and turn the system on.

It would have been nice though to have a feature where if I leave and forget to set the system on, I can set it. But that's not a deal-killer. The system that I got has nice and good features. With the smartphone, I can arm or disarm the alarm. And if I leave and don’t set it, it'll notify me. Then once I pull in the driveway, it automatically disarms it. The system is also very easy to use and it makes me feel more secure. With ADT, there were times that I went out of town and I was a little nervous because the system wasn’t working or I couldn’t communicate from my phone to see if it was set. Other than that, Link's system has a high cost-benefit ratio and is very competitive compared to a lot of the other systems.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had previous experience with ADT and they are still a little bit better than Link. They have better customer service. They have quicker response if you have any questions or issues. At Link, they told me one thing but then my experience was something else. They initially said that they would get me a professional installer. But the people they sent me were awful. They wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount of money to install the system. It was around 700 bucks and that was just stupid. It was crazy and I ended up installing it myself.

That was the one thing that was very disappointing to me because when ADT said they would schedule the installation and send somebody, they did. And the installation ended around $300. Link's system is good but relative to the cost, the quality of service is below average. Link Interactive is not as good and as professional as ADT is, being a larger company. From that perspective, I'm not quite impressed with Link Interactive. They shouldn't make a promise if they can't deliver.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I used to have a different security system. When I was moving into a new building, they couldn’t install it, so I went looking for a reasonably priced alternative. I looked at about five different companies, including ADT and all the big-name ones, but I found Link Interactive and it seemed to fit my needs. The cost was in the budget and the self-installation was also key because I didn’t have to worry about people coming in to do the install. The interaction I had with their customer service reps was also very good from the moment I called to inquire about the system. Their salesperson was very knowledgeable about what I needed or listened to what I needed, putting together the system, and mailing it out. I called up their customer service for any question I've had and they were always there and willing to help me. They had a very nice support staff.

The installation was simple. They coded the security and my passcodes before I even got the system. I just needed a screwdriver, sticky things, and simple common sense. One feature that made it very easy was not having to have the Wi-Fi that it's connected to. I didn’t have to have my internet installed at that time because I just moved into my apartment, so it was very nice. I also don’t have to worry if the power goes out or about my Wi-Fi. The customer support has been there for any question or problems that I've had or things that I didn’t remember. When I was getting ready to activate the system, there was a whole list of stuff that I was supposed to do that I've forgotten and I called them. They worked me through everything and it was a breeze. Other than that, the equipment is very good and easy to use. It's very cost-efficient and effective, too.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Link does what it needs to do and it’s reliable. The sales guy who talked to us was super nice. We got home security systems as a preventative measure. We got it in one of our places close to a year. And we also have it on another one for a few months now. We did the installation ourselves. There were a couple of times where we had to do more troubleshooting than we would have liked. The installation was a little clunky, but we like the savings that we earned, and it was worth the clunkiness. Also, the features in our system were awesome.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I decided on getting a security system after my life was threatened, and I opted for Link Interactive based on my internet research. It was easy installing the system and sufficient instructions were provided. Overall, the system works good and it covers all that we need.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We wanted to have a security system mostly for monitoring smoke and carbon monoxide at home. We had an alarm that went off, so we just want to monitor it when we are not at home with the pets. We got our system from Link Interactive based on our internet research, and it seemed easy to set up on my own. A lot of it seemed pre-installed, so I just needed to do physical installation other than hooking to the main system, and that was easy. Everything is great.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Somebody got broken into a couple of blocks down the road in the area we just moved into. I’m a truck driver so I’m only home 34 hours every two weeks. When I was in Florida, I had a security system, Xfinity, that I was told would work with all systems. But it only works with a particular internet provider. When you get your security system, you get a little tablet thing that controls everything and that was taken back. The cameras were all hooked up to that particular thing and couldn’t hook up to anything else, so all the door sensors and cameras I already had were useless. We had to get a new system.

I talked to a couple of different providers and Link was the friendliest. Any time I called in, they were willing to help. If they couldn't, they'd get somebody who could help. I got all the door sensors and stuff. They are pretty simple. My daughter hooked everything up because we were on the road. The sensors, you can put anywhere. There's also the motion sensor which you can position anywhere in your home for any reason. But I haven’t gotten to my cameras yet. I probably could have done that this time around, but I’m not going to. We have two dummy cameras outside my house. But I know that just by the specs of the Link cameras, they are a better quality and not as expensive as my last security system. I would have paid for it all at once, but I did payment plans.

The Link app is also able to arm and unarm the system. I love that. That means I don’t have to remember any codes. It’s linked to my phone. The tablet thing is really easy to use. If I don’t understand it, I just call Link and they pretty much break it down for me where like a kindergartener could understand. In using the app, you flip over and the app pops up. You have home, away from home, sleep mode and even an alarm clock. The app also tells me the weather. Once I hook up my cameras, it’ll show me images on my app real time.

I like the fact too that my alarm system will deactivate when I get close enough to the house. But I noticed something which I don't like. A lot of the times that I leave, I activate the alarm system. The road we live on kinda circles back close to the house. It registers my phone, it knows the phone is close, and it deactivates my alarm system. I think my house is locked up but it’s not. Other than that, I don’t have a problem with the system because usually my daughter checks after she knows we have left the house and have gone back on the road. She reactivates the alarm system for me. She used to be on the system because she was here for a couple of months. I pretty much have two security systems. I have my daughter who's constantly making sure that I don’t mess up.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got Link Interactive as they had a promotion with Costco. Their reps had been fine for the most part. The self-installation of the system was seamless and if there were any issues, they quickly resolved it. My system’s features are good. Across the board, the system is industry standard. Link is not outrageously priced and pretty much on par with everyone else in New York, but it could be better considering it is competitive. I have been a member with them for a year and I have not had any issues.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My brother is an employee of Alarm.com and Alarm has a lot of independent retailers they work with but I wanted to go with someone who was more DIY-friendly. I didn’t need a technician to help, so Link Interactive fit the bill. The interactions I had with their reps have been very positive and I felt like I mattered. Everyone has been super-friendly and very helpful. Also, all the instructions for the installation were laid out very clearly and I knew that their guys were a phone call away. The Link system can do everything I want and features keep getting added. It’s a good value and I got a little bonus with the "friends and family" through my brother. I also like that I can get different components and throw it on the system. I don’t feel pressured to buy from Link directly but if I do, these guys don’t mark anything up.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I decided to increase the security in my house. I looked at Link online and it looked like it was a simple enough process. Their website was pretty inviting too. But we had a few glitches during the installation. In fact, I have one motion detector that I still can’t get to work. Link could be a pretty good system but the equipment is not good.

I have one of those doorbell cameras and every once in a while, it senses something. It just records as if there was an event. If it’s at night, you can see the first five seconds. It’s bright enough to see what’s going on and you can tell it's working. But all of a sudden, it just gets very dark. You can still see but if anybody was more than four feet from the doorbell, you won’t be able to see them anymore. I would think it was just set wrong. However, it starts out where you can see it then the picture goes dim. I’d like for the camera to just work. It really hasn’t worked right since I got it. The visibility is not bad during the day but it’s very difficult to make out who the person is. If it’s at night, it’s impossible to see the person well. The camera is useless at night.

Another thing is Link doesn’t have enough storage. I can only store the last 1,000 images. The problem is that with one of the cameras that I have, every flake sets off an image when it snows. I can have a video every minute. If I can only save 1,000 images, then I can use that up in a big snowstorm. There may be some adjustments. Maybe I can reduce the sensitivity on that camera so that snowflakes don’t set it off. However, by doing that, I lose sensitivity in terms of out in my yard because a snowflake that passed right in front of the camera.

I’m not 100% satisfied with Link's service, but it’s not bad. I use their app but one thing I don’t understand is why on the desktop, I can’t just click on the doorbell camera by itself but I can do that on the mobile app or vice versa. Also, the subscription service cost isn't too bad, but the equipment is kinda garbage so any price is too high. I like Link's service and the way it's set up. I would recommend Link if I could, but I the equipment sucks. They should get some better equipment.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had a security system for about 15 years but they were pretty pricey to switch over to my other house, so I wasn’t that happy with it. Link is better because I don't have to have a lot of money up front. I can pay it out as I go. The monitoring is a little less comparable to my old system, though. Their monitoring is a little bit different too. They send me texts and they can speak over the system. With my other one, they just told me immediately. When I have accidentally set off the system a couple of times, Link's response was not as prompt as my other system. But it was all right.

Otherwise, Link is pretty ideal. Their customer service and sales seem fine. The guy that got us all connected a year ago was really nice. He told me about a lot of extra stuff they offered that I could add on as I go along. And the system was an install-yourself and it was fairly easy to understand and install. I got Link's basic package and I got a few things more than I had with my other system. The system features have been good and they're of higher quality. I also like to keep adding stuff a lot better than I did on my other system. Their smartphone feature is pretty cool too. It has a lot of upgraded stuff.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Link Interactive is better compared to the many previous providers I had used. The representatives were excellent. For the installation, I pretty much do that for a living so it was easy. The features of the system and the cost are good and the integration the system has made me decided to go with Link. I would recommend Link.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I wanted some lower end price options and a more basic system. The reviews online made it seem like Link Interactive would be the better fit for me. They got back to me pretty quickly. The rep whom I originally talked to was great. He wasn’t pushy or tried to make me scared. Also, I did the installation myself and the people who helped me to install the system on the phone were helpful. That time, there were a few issues with the previously installed system in my house but they figured it all out. Link Interactive's cost is fair, but even though it’s pretty cheap, I wish it could be a little cheaper. Other than that, the equipment seems to work and it is of good quality. The functionality of the system is great and it's easy to use. I would recommend Link Interactive to people. Having their system installed, I feel that if someone tries to get into the house, we would know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had a discount on my homeowner's insurance and got Link Interactive. I've been with them for three months and so far, everything's been fine. The setup was easy and the features are good. I like the quality of the hardware too. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My house got broken into and I looked into Link Interactive's initial offer versus other people. In the beginning they were really good and responsive. But once you decided to purchase and sign on the contract with them, they started dropping the ball on things afterwards. They failed to follow through with a lot of things that I wanted to do. I bought a siren because I wanted to have a big alarm system, but it wasn’t really that good, so I had to return it. They were gonna send me a label for me to return it, but they never did. The garage sensor was defective and they sent me another one. They were supposed to send me a box for me to return the other one but they never did.

I bought some extra stuff and there was a problem with my credit card. Since I never received the stuff, I just said I didn't wanna buy any more stuff. However, they still charged me for the stuff that I never got. I called and they said everything was already taken care of, but a week later I had gotten an invoice saying that I’m past due. I called and they said that they were gonna take care of it. Then they sent me an email saying that it was already taken care of.

I have the sensors and they work fine. Unfortunately, the glass break sensors, which I need, are super expensive and I couldn’t get them. If somebody breaks through the glass, the door doesn’t go off, because it was not actually opened. I don't even know if I’m being monitored. When you call technical support, the lady is just reading and says hold on. And you hold and wait, and wait. Although I’m not completely dissatisfied, I don’t think I will recommend Link Interactive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We got a Link Interactive system as a preventive measure. There's not a whole lot of people home during the day and we travel, so we have the system to monitor and make sure something’s alright. We put it up ourselves and although there were a few blinks, our experience was good overall. The system seems as good as one where people come in and install everything. It has good value, but there’s always that gap between when things are happening, and when the camera uploads and then downloads. Ideally, the cameras should be in real-time and they would actually show you what’s going on in real-time, but that’s almost impossible to find.

Link Interactive Company Information