4.6/5 (2028 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Link Interactive

Link Interactive offers cellular-based, automated security systems. The app-based control system allows users to lock their doors, adjust thermostats, monitor cameras and open and close the garage door from their cellular device. Plans begin at $30.99 per month, with no installation or activation fees. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Crash and Smash technology
    • DIY installation
    • Add-on products available
    • Cellular system

Cons

• Upfront equipment cost
    • Strict cancellation policy

Bottom Line

Link Interactive offers a simple DIY installation with three straightforward plans. Although the equipment costs money upfront, the contracts are flexible and discounts are available.

Link Interactive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Everything with Link has been so far, so good. I had I had Brink's. I just changed providers. I need a system for my business. I had one in my house and even though I was a Brink's customer for years, they wouldn't give me a month-to-month or no contract on the business. They want a three-year contract. I'm not willing to do that. I said, "I'm gonna go get another provider. I'm gonna end the contract on my residence as well.” I found Link Interactive who was able to take on the equipment that I had and moved my residence and added the second account for my business.

The installation went very well. The installers were there for three or four hours setting up everything and moving the services from the previous company to this company. They got me through calling the other company and how to close out that account and made sure that they liberated the IMEI cards and moving it out. One point in time, there was something that the person that moved it couldn't figure out. So, we did a three-way call to alarm.com and we resolved it. It was really good. I'm very excited about the features in my system. I have everything that I wanted and more.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

With Link Interactive, I liked the cheapness of the camera and the ease of how it was to process. Everybody else wanted my life history, social security number and all that, and Link just wanted payment. The equipment I got is great. My sense of security is a little bit better now. I can see who's coming into my driveway now.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I get a lot of packages dropped off at the house. I want to keep in touch with who's coming to the door and if anybody is coming up stealing packages while we aren't here so I got a security system. The sales rep was fine. He asked what packages was I looking for. Was I looking for a complete home system or anything else. I told him I wanted to try it first before I expand on it so he gave me a package that was expandable. I got the doorbell camera and I like it. The installation experience was rather simple. I mounted it up on the system and powered it up. I went to the website and logged in. When I paid for it, they gave me a code and I punched the code in. Next thing I know, it was reading and it was on my phone, and I get alarms on my phone and on my computer. My experience with Link was very satisfying. They are easy to work with. They answered all my questions and made it very simple to purchase. After the sale, information and contact was readily available.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was in the process of remodeling the house and got robbed. I came in one morning and somebody had busted through the basement, kicked the door in, and stole like $4,000 worth of tools so I chose to purchase a home security system. I knew I wanted to get an Alarm.com system because I had one before at the other house that I owned. I went online and did a search on who is an Alarm.com representative and went with Link Interactive.

The installation has been a little bit of a problem because it's a self-install situation and there's a bunch of the window and the door sensors. At this point, some are working and some are not. I'm having problems getting the sensors to stay stuck on the proper spots because there are moldings and things that are curved right around those areas. But we've been hanging at the house so it's not a pressing concern to have all that functional at this point. Overall, it's been good. I feel more secured having security.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I looked at two companies then I decided to set up myself with Link because I was looking through the internet and calling, and they were more cooperative. The representative explained everything that they had to offer and I liked everything I heard. So far, it’s a good system and it helps me out as far as being aware and seeing everything. I would recommend it to a friend or family member.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I've had some issues this year with the battery. The main monitor took several iterations and I went back and forth with Link Interactive. First, they couldn't send somebody out. When they did, the techs tried to diagnose it then asked me to buy a new battery. I bought a new one but it turned out that that wasn't the thing. They finally diagnosed it and said it had to be replaced. Also, they would say they'd call me back but they never called back. Plus, I still haven't gotten my rebate for my battery and it was only 20 bucks. They said that because I didn't need it, they'd send it back and they'd credit me for it. This has been going on for months and it's disappointing because otherwise they've been good. They're nice people, too. It's just that they didn't handle that issue well.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Link has been hard to deal with as far as being able to help us troubleshoot some issues with the system. It’s hard to get information. We haven’t been able to set up some things. We're trying to add other devices and when we call, we can’t get through because we’re not at this home. It’s a second house for us. When we call, we are told we need to call at a certain time and it’s not when we’re there. But the system is okay. We like it that we have the app to turn the alarm on and off. I’m satisfied with the system but I don’t think the customer support has been satisfying.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Absolutely terrible experience with Link. A sales rep reached out to me in early 2018. He did a great job selling but terrible job explaining the setup of the system. When I got the system and tried to install it, I realized that this does NOT work for doors that aren't perfectly in line with their door frames (which is pretty common in older homes). When I explained this to Link, their initial solution was to use 3M stickies to get the sensors to line up with each other. To reiterate, their suggestion was for me to be MacGyver and rely on 3M stickies for a HOME SECURITY SYSTEM.

I explained that this was unacceptable (what if the sensors fall off the door? I'm supposed to feel safe knowing my security system is relying on 3M stickies lined up?) and their next solution was to use different sensors - ones that get drilled into the door and frame. I said no, that is not what I want to do, as that is not what I originally ordered and if I had known the only option for my doors was to now drill into my doors, I would never have ordered it.

At that point, I had already paid for 4 months of service without using the service for even a day. I asked to cancel since this was not working in my house (and this was after trying their suggestions) and the refused. The only thing they offered was a discount on a buyout. So, fast forward to July 2020 and my service is just now ending, and I had to pay $30 a month for two years without ever using the service. They are 100% unwilling to work with you on canceling the service if it does not work for your home, and cling to contracts. I understand how contracts work, but as someone who works in the service industry, I have time and time again severed contracts if the relationship REALLY isn't working. Why should both parties suffer? Link does not care - please know this before you sign up with them. You have been warned.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Link Interactive is a quick and easy service. Once I contacted them, I found they were super fast. I ordered my system at around 3 o'clock Eastern Time. By the afternoon of the next day, I had already received all of their equipment. Currently, there is one thing about their system where we get confused. I thought the system was already activated but it wasn't. It was only in testing mode. One day, we had a false alarm but we didn't have any call. When I figured it out, Link's reps told me that was a test call and that I needed to confirm with them.

Link has a gentleman named Harry whom I work with and he has been wonderful. I email him and he is on things. We had a problem about a trigger and once it surfaced, we had the ability to resolve it. Additionally, Link needs to develop their auto call system. I've already been called by a gentleman and I keep getting two or three calls within the day. Plus, Link charged me twice. They refunded me with a check but they have to be very careful as the first impression of a company is the last one.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I had a home security system and I wasn't happy with the company that was monitoring my house. It was a local company called Northeast. I did a little research and I made the switch to Link Interactive. My equipment was hardwired and I wanted to continue to use that setup that I had in the house. Link Interactive was one of the few companies that I could bring the equipment with me and continue to use that hardwired stuff. I received the equipment on time and it was pretty easy to install.

Customer service was on the phone with me. They gave me step-by-step instructions. I thought the customer service was very well, friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to do business with. The iPad touch monitor is very easy to use and very up-to-date in terms of technology. It is very terrific. As a matter of fact, I have another house and I just signed up my other house with Link Interactive. I'm waiting for the equipment to arrive. I also use Link's smartphone app.

Link Interactive Company Information