4.66/5
Based on 1,419 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

1419 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Compared to other similar companies, the cost of the monitoring and the offering that Link included was very competitive. A couple of years prior, we used the same home security system, but a different monitoring company. Price wise, Link was about $5 or $10 a month cheaper. At first, I had to figure out my existing equipment and whether it would be compatible with their service. Their reps were knowledgeable and were able to identify that I needed to do some upgrades to my cellular service. I had a 2G antenna before and they said I need a 3G. They were able to send me out that new cellular board package at a more reasonable rate than others. They were technically very sound and they have good communication. They were very helpful, very customer service oriented and polite.

Installation was seamless. I had good instructions. I basically swapped out the boards by myself. Everything turned on and worked as it should. I'm getting a good product for a fair price. It's definitely nice to have that warning. When we're out of town or away from the house, to have the fire alarm protection is also really nice. Their representatives I worked with sealed the deal for them. And when a friend asks about Link, I'd tell them that it's a good product and that they should be taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Link's sales reps have been good to work with. They've been friendly and it was an easy, non-pressure experience. I liked that with Link, I had the ability to do it myself and the upgradability without having to pay extra once you decide to do that. I installed it myself and I didn't need to call them. It's easy as long as you're slightly handy. I need to call them because one of the sensors is faulty, but so far, my experience has been good.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We have a new house and I wanted something to protect it. Something that's DIY and affordable. I've used others in the past that I was extremely displeased with, and it's a night and day difference. I can configure everything on this. With the other systems, I would always have to schedule a service call to get them to configure something. Or I'll have to call them to get them to change something and they would have to remote into the console.

I love all Link's features. I'd love to see more equipment and different, more competitive brands of cameras, but I think that's an Alarm.com limitation. I really liked that Alarm.com is the back end infrastructures they're using for the system. I just wished Alarm.com would implement more cameras into the system and other types of equipment as well. But I think Link is up to a very good level and they're appropriate for what you get.

We moved in at the same time we put it in. So, I now feel very secure having Link and I'm very comfortable. My wife works alone a lot and she's very happy. So, happy wife, happy life. I would strongly encourage my friends to use Link's service. They're very helpful and are very willing to work with you and recommend some good options. And to me, they're a lot more affordable and flexible than some of the older, traditional technology companies out there. And when you look at all the expenses, they'll tie you to a contract and they're too expensive for the quality of the hardware they provide.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I got Link Interactive to feel safer. I decided to get their service from speaking with their representatives, wording about their different features. And I felt for the price that it exceeded the other companies that I spoke with. I just talked to somebody from Link Interactive and she went through a lot of the features in the main panel and just how the system works. With all the salespeople I've dealt with I liked what they had to offer.

My husband did the installation and there was minimal cursing so it went easy. We didn't set up two of the features yet so the system reminds us that all the time and it was kind of annoying. There was probably a way to disable that but we haven't looked into it. But other than that they're friendly. It's a great system. I like the fact that it lets you know which doors are open. I feel better with the kids because if they try to open a door it tells me. And then I like that it just doesn't beep so I have to go figure out which door they're trying to get out off. It's my favorite feature. We're very happy with Link Interactive.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had Vivint before and although they're ahead with their technology and a lot faster with their two-way when calling, Link Interactive's customer service was really good and they're $5 cheaper. But they could still go a bit cheaper because I'm paying $57 but should be somewhere $45 a month. I had to do all the installations myself and had to do a contract with them. But I feel protected with them and I'm pretty happy with them. I would tell my friends to get Link Interactive but they just got to weigh other options between Vivint and them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

My experience with Link interactive so far has been good. However, when I leave my three-floor house through the garage, I don't have anything to set the alarm off and on. If I don't have my telephone, I have to rush up upstairs to turn the alarm off. I wish they have two units to make life easy. One for up here and one for downstairs. I had Honeywell before and it wasn't wireless. Link Interactive is better because I can turn the alarm off and on from my telephone and do it anywhere. Their team has been great, they respond very fast. On the other hand, the installation was very good. I've had the system for a month and a half now and I like everything about it. Link Interactive's cost is good and they don't charge anything upfront. It's great to have an alarm and I like that it's wireless.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I searched for the top alarm security system, and Link Interactive was number two and had a decent price. Their sales rep was pretty straightforward. They offered me couple of months off and offered me some discounts, and some into hardware. Doing the calculation, they worked out really best. The installation was simple and it took me half an hour. I got the package which allows me to do things through my smartphone and remotely. It would have been good if they included the carbon monoxide detector as well. Moreover, the cost is a little higher, but it’s lower than all the other providers so that’s fine. It could have been a little bit lower like Comcast though.

The quality of the system is okay. I only use the app and it's pretty good. I use it to arm, and disarm. The actual main panel is a little bit difficult to use and not very intuitive. For instance, the system is armed and if you wanted to wait 30 seconds when somebody opens the door before triggering the alarm that was difficult to do in the system that will go to like bunch of menus. It wasn’t really directly labeled and was kind of ambiguous. So, I have to call the customer service and have them do it for me. One time my sensor stops working and their customer service reps were able to fix it. Since having Link Interactive's system, we feel a little bit secure that we know that the house has an alarm and if anything happens, it will trigger the alarm.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I work nightshifts and for my wife and kids being home at night, it’s nice to have a system that has an alarm and cameras that see what’s going on. I wanted a security system for peace of mind. And also, we purchased a new home and getting a system would lower the cost of our home insurance. I like the idea of me installing it myself and being able to kind of customize it. Link Interactive has self-install alarm systems. I did a lot of research on different self-install systems and I watched YouTube videos, and they were my final choice. I contacted Link six months before I made my purchase. And the customer service representative gave me a quote and she followed up with me occasionally to see if I needed any help or had questions. We waited until we got settled into our new home for a few months, and then I contacted her back. She was great, really helpful, and not pushy.

The whole installation process was really easy except for one little snag. Our brand-new home has a brand-new 2017 garage door opener. The garage door manufacturer wants you to use whatever product they have for being able to open up and close your garage door from their app on their phone. And it wouldn’t allow me to link the equipment that was hooked to me from Link Interactive to my system. So, I just held back the piece. But Link was helpful and gave me free shipping, so I was able to return it and I got my money back for the piece that won’t work for the garage door. Other than that, everything else works really well.

I like the features offered in our system. They’re really good. We got a normal alarm system, door sensors, motion sensors, and then we have a camera on the front of our house which keeps an eye on our vehicles that are parked outside. And then we have a doorbell camera and like a talkback button so it’s kind of convenient. We don’t have to go to the door, and we could talk to whoever is there, and it notifies us when anybody comes to the door. We purchase a lot of stuff online. So, as soon as something is delivered, we know it’s there at the front door which is convenient.

The equipment's quality is good. I had to reset the camera to be able to record on our doorbell once so far, but it might have been because of my Wi-Fi and not the equipment itself. It’s kind of far away from my router. We use the smartphone features more than anything. We arm our alarm system when we go to bed usually just from our cell phones so we don’t even have to use the touchscreen panel which is downstairs. When we are away from the house and the systems are armed and when we arrive home, as we were pulling up, we just get on our phone and disarm it, so we don’t have to try to rush in really quick to disarm, we don’t need to have to sweat it, we just turn it off from our phone.

With Link, I got the most bang for my bucks, so it was a good value compared to other companies that would have installed their system for me. It was less expensive, but I got all the same features. A family friend of ours who was down the street from us hired a company that installed everything but they’re paying more monthly that I am, and we have the same features. If people are tech-savvy and able to link things to Wi-Fi routers, Link is the best option on the equipment and to save money, too. And there are a lot of options for future upgrades which we probably will do in the future. So, I definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I just bought a home, so I wanted to wire it up. I looked up Link Interactive online and they have really fair prices and good reviews. Plus setting up my own and customizing sounded like something I could do. The sales reps made things really easy for me to understand. We were able to set up a customized package that fit exactly what my home needed. I did the installation myself and it was easy. There needs to be a little bit more glue for some of the devices 'cause they fell off after a while, but I used super glue to fix it. The features are straightforward and are exactly what I want. I was told that I'd be notified if I open my house, and I don't know how to set that up. But I'm still exploring the app, so there’s more for me to learn. I'm very happy all in all.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The Link Interactive rep was very helpful and hardworking to help me out and kept following up and the sales guy inspired me to go forward his company. Also, Link was very professional and good. We got a good deal from the salesperson months ago for 93 days and sent all the equipment. But the challenge was getting the things hooked up because they didn't send out a technician to set it up. There was some guy on the phone that helped us set it up. He was syncing them to the Link control panel that we plugged in. Everything was going good until we got to the motion detector. He told us to try to take it off the wall and it’s not syncing. And when we did, we poked the hole through it and broke it but they were nice to send a brand new one.

I needed to get back there to get in touch with them to sync the new one in. But I've been working pretty much out of town for a long time so the machine’s there. One of the challenges is when I called a technician. I don't remember the password so he couldn't help me. We are going out of town with no alarm system set up and then the office was closed so I got to get back there and talk to the Link people themselves to get this final part programmed and tell us how to change low battery setting and we should be good. Right now, we have a piece of equipment that's not being used. Link Interactive doesn't send a technician out. That's the thing is most homeowners look for-- we invest in the products and services. It would be nice to have a roaming service technician for a one-time $50 fee to come on out and set up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was with Frontpoint for three years. All of a sudden, I was having problems with the signal to the box. They sent out three more key panels, and it still didn’t work. Finally, I just told them I needed to get out of the contract because it was like a month that went by and they didn’t have any answers to why I wasn’t getting the service I needed. Then I started researching alarm companies and I decided to go with Link Interactive out of the other competitors and they were able to give me a package based on what I wanted.

Link Interactive sent out the equipment and I installed it, which wasn’t difficult. When I have a problem, they just keep sending me more and more equipment. The features are good. I like the control panel. I've been having signal problems with their contact in the basement but they emailed me saying that they were sending out another contact. The communication and the monitoring service are good, so far. When they notice a problem, they contact us ASAP, which is really good. I just can't work out the alarm at the door in the garage overhead. And the little stick that they stick everything on with, they keep falling off.

Their cost is good and it's comparable to everybody else. However, it won't be good if they don’t work out the things in the garage and the basement. I'm trying to be patient and say, “Hey, let's work this out,” because they are responsive, and that’s a good thing. Having Link Interactive in our home is definitely a plus. I feel safe and I feel that they are monitoring. I will recommend them but first, they got to solve my problems.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Since I just bought our first home, I thought of buying a home security system. I started looking through reviews, and Link Interactive came up pretty high on most of them. They were number two from most people that I have seen for the price and for the services. So, I reached out to them. Their customer service representatives were good. I sent in a lead form and then got a phone call from them. They were very casual, very knowledgeable, and they presented the information. They were not salesy which was really cool for me, and then they got all my information. And it seemed like we were talking to a quality company, and not some big 800 number that just dials up a bunch of sales and doesn’t really care about the product they were selling. I called them back that afternoon and told them we were good to go.

Link did the FedEx tracking so I was able to track the package which was cool. The installation instructions and kit were simple. I had one small issue with one of the sensors, so I called them, and they quickly sent out another one within three days. The first couple months that we’ve had them now, it has been very supportive and very good with their service.

Our security equipment seems to be of high quality. The screen that we have is easy to use. We downloaded the app and it only takes two pushes of a button which is super simple. And I definitely like it. The cost is fair from what their competitors are offering. We often travel for extended periods of time. And if we’re going for five days at a time, it’s really nice to know that we have our security system as our backup, especially with our first home. I’d recommend Link to people. Our sales experience was easy. And it was also easy to have a conversation with them and get information from them. They weren’t trying to shove something that I didn’t need down my throat, and it is what a lot of people enjoy.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I did some research, and Link Interactive's pricing is pretty convincing. Also the technology and the panels are pretty advanced than other companies. It's been great with their reps. The installation was pretty complicated though. I needed to do some research on my own to figure it out. It would be helpful to have an easy to follow instruction. But so far, the system is okay.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I had a home security system in the house before which was managed by the cable company. When I dropped the cable company, Link was a personal referral from a friend and all my interactions with their representatives were very good. But Link requires a little more of my effort than it was before with the other company. For example, the other company would take care of all the permit process for the local sheriff’s office requiring an alarm permit, but that was something I had to go file for with Link. Also, I knew the installation would be challenging. I had to be on top of the ladder and do a lot of wiring. While they did their best to try hard to walk me through it and did a good job, it was still not an easy effort on the do-it-yourself project as it requires some skills, stamina, and a good six hours of labor. It was a lot of work and it could have been more clear.

The quality of the Link Interactive security equipment and the features of the system are good, and I like them versus what I had before. The Link system has got a lot of robustness so I can add certain things that the other one hadn't. But the downside to Link is distance-wise. Everything seems to have to be within 85 feet of the panel because it works on a Bluetooth pad basis. So, it makes it tough on a bigger house, but I've been able to make it work. Moreover, the cost is not cheap but not out of hand, so it's a fair price.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I've been going through the web figuring out what's a good balance between price and the features being offered. One of the key features of Link Interactive was the cellular, which I was looking for and did not want extra cost. The sales rep went over what they can offer, what's included, and how they could fit it into my budget. There were follow-ups to make sure things were right on time and if there were additional questions and how to go about installing, they’ve been good with it.

Installation was fast and easy. Just peel one side and then stick the window and door sensors. It took a longer time for me, but otherwise, it was painless. Nothing in terms of getting the system connected to the console or having all the sensors work. Everything was pre-configured. Trying to change names was intuitive on the console. I used a different system before and Link Interactive is comparative with what we had, with the addition of having more responsiveness from the console and the app. The best part is the cellular feature in terms of having additional backup battery. We haven't had any alarm situation so I'm not sure about the actual monitoring service.

Recently, one of the AC outlets got loose and we got calls from the system saying the AC is probably speeding up the battery. I like this notification. The app also sends us notifications when we're arming and disarming, and when we have some falls. I like the Bluetooth feature as well, where when I'm right at home with my phone, I don’t have to pull up my phone, get the app out, and disarm. It's already talking to my phone to disarm the system. It’s another cool feature. But because Link Interactive relies on the Alarm.com application, which is a little generic, I can't do a lot of stuff on the phone. A little more smartness automation on the phone would be helpful. But I definitely would recommend Link Interactive to other folks. The price is 10 bucks lower although the equipment itself is still pricey, but that’s how the industry is like. The cellular service is great. I don’t have to worry about somebody cutting my phone line.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We called Link and asked questions and their rep told us what the deals were. He was very helpful and I liked the way he answered all the questions like what Link could do and I liked his response time too. I went over the features with him and told him everything that we wanted and what we had before. We customized the features. I told him how many windows, rooms and motion sensor. And we got to pick if we wanted a camera or any other extras. We ordered Link online a few days later. We got about the same package as what we had before. It came with the camera and the doorbell cam. We would have wanted indoor-outdoor cameras though.

Link was all install-it-yourself and took about an hour to do everything. It was pretty easy although with the doorbell camera, we have to go online to another website to get extra steps. Link could have put something in writing that would have helped more. Also, I like the features of my security system but we're having some issues with the doorbell camera working correctly right now. And compared to what we had before, Link costs a bit more. Other than those, Link is easy to work with, easy to get it set up with. They have good quality on their equipment and the actual panel that we got is all digital colored so that's really nice quality. Everything is working properly too.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

There were some attempted home entries in our neighborhood and I needed a home security system. I read several home security reviews online and Link Interactive was consistently one of the top-rated companies. After making a few phone calls, we decided that they were the best fit for us. In the initial call that I made, the gentleman was great. He asked all the questions about the plans, walked me through, and sent me the quote. It was a very positive experience and I placed the order online with an ala carte-like package. Then the installation was quick, simple and very much as it was described in the instructions. The security system's features suit my needs and seem to be expandable if we choose to. And even the smartphone feature is good. Also, the cost is in line with the rest of the market. The Link system provides me a peace of mind especially during hours when I'm not at home. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I already had a security system but I decided to change over to Link Interactive when my son had gotten and liked it. The Link team helped and answered a couple of questions about setting up the alarm system. Then I bought a new keypad for downstairs and I had to call back a second time. They were helpful both times and one phone call took care of it. Installation was simple and straightforward. I ordered what I needed and it turned out right. Also, the smartphone app is great and very helpful. Moreover, the system was reasonably priced.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I wanted to feel more safe while I’m at home or away from home. Link Interactive was a recommendation. I did all my purchasing online. I put my cart together, but then I hadn’t made a decision quite yet. The next day, they contacted me and said. “We saw you put a cart together.” They actually texted me, which was extremely convenient because I’m at work most of the time during the day, and it’s easier to respond to text sometimes than to pick up the phone. They offered me money off to complete my transaction, which I ended up doing. I had a problem with the set up, but I called the customer service and they were able to help. Also, one of the sensors wasn’t picking up, but it’s been corrected.

I can manage the system from my phone. I like that it shows activation on the rooms, even if I’m away from the house, if it’s just Arm and Stay. I also customized the system to make me feel more safe, and to put extra value in the system. I feel more secure at night when I’m sleeping, knowing that if something were to happen, I would get alerted and I have more time to react. I’d recommend Link Interactive. I'll tell friends to check them out if they’re interested in a security system.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I spoke with a rep at Link Interactive over the phone for the setup and everything was good. I did the installation of the system and it was pretty easy and simple. We’re pretty happy now with Link Interactive.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I was looking for a security system. I live in a downtown city and I travel a lot. Having a security system was the safe thing to do. I went online and Link Interactive was listed as one of the top security systems, so I decided making phone calls and started interacting with them. I have a camera and it's pointing out my back window. But that window looks on to an alley where we all have parking tabs, and people walk through the alley all the time.

My one issue is I had nothing in writing to tell me that I have a limitation of 1,000 camera uploads a month. I went back and read my contract and my agreement, and there’s absolutely nothing in there. Had they told me, it might have been something different. Now they're saying I can make it 6,000 but I have to pay $5 more a month. Nobody told me about the limitation and I should not have to pay the difference. They're telling me that this has to do with Alarm.com, which is the monitoring company. The customer service manager who’s working with me is trying to get me to change when I want my camera to take pictures. She’s asking me to limit my camera hours. I’m also noticing there's sort of wide gap when I know for a fact that there is traffic or items that should be being captured, and they’re not.

This is something we’re still working on and I’m hoping for a reasonable resolution that needs to work out to me. Other than that, everything seems to be very good. So far, the system has worked mostly the way we have expected it to work. We have a keypad feature which works a little differently than it has been explained to me, but we know how it works. I installed them myself and I’ve had people on the phone that helped me tremendously from the beginning. I have the app downloaded and I can log in online. I can look at my camera and look at my video, and I can scroll through the activity to see anything that has happened. When we first installed the system, one of our sensors kept going offline and then coming back online. I would get a notification about that and I was able to go out and look at it so I can see the information.

Their customer service team is courteous and professional. They’re always very friendly. They work with me and they walk me through. They send me a link and give me good information. They seem to be pretty well-trained, and that’s nice to know. But there's also a burden with having a security system. I need to make sure I register it with my local police department. I also have to make sure that if I'm traveling, a neighbor can get in and turn the alarm off.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We have some stores in different regions that are using the Alarm.com interface and it's a good one. When we opened a new store, I was looking for a distributor for that type of integration. I reached out to a couple of companies in the Georgia area and Link Interactive gave the best quote and got to me the quickest. They got back to me in the same day. The interaction was also quick and easy, which was what we were looking for.

We customized the package because we're an automotive shop and we needed a lot of motion sensors, so we picked out what we thought we would get that coverage with. Then I went to our store and installed all the units myself. When I was testing them, I had some issues with one of the motion sensors and I called support. They were able to help me troubleshoot it but we ended up getting another one ordered to replace it 'cause it was a defective unit. Everything seems good so far but the store doesn't open until February so we haven't had a lot of use out of it yet. But if the system works out well for us, I will be happy and we'll probably order a number of other systems from Link.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I bought a new house and I bought Link Interactive's door sensors, window sensors, and the cracked glass sensor that comes automatically with the panel. I also bought cameras and installed them myself before. Then I bought a camera and a couple more sensors last week. I wanted somebody else monitoring and call the cops if need be, and having Link's system is great. I like the set up with the sales representative and they weren't pushy. All was good and they explained what the different parts did. The only thing I haven't found out is there are extra things that I could actually get. Yet I like the fact that I don't feel rushed when I call and ask for technical help, and actually get the technical help that I'm asking for. The technician is also not feeling rushed. All in all, the people I've spoken with appear to be really good and stay true to what I've read. It appears on the research I've done online that the Link guys know what they're doing and talking about.

Since having the Link Interactive system in my home, I'm okay when I lay down at night and it feels good that I would know if somebody comes in when I leave the house. The cost is reasonable, which is great, and what I researched compared to my actual experience holds true even though it's been a short time span. I'm very pleased so far.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I googled the top five home alarms and Link Interactive was number two, so it was between them and Frontpoint. Frontpoint was very little money up front but was a higher monthly fee, while Link was more money up front but a lower monthly. All I did was add up two years of monthly costs with Link plus their two months free, and I'd save $78 with them. They sent me the DIY kit and setting it up was easy. Once I got one sensor done, the other 10 or 12 were cake. The positioning of the first one was a bit cumbersome, but not bad.

I like the console at home and the options. The only thing was that I wish I had different sensors. Not everything has a flat surface, and with the way the sensors are, it's almost like Link assumed that there's no ledge or no molding around doors and windows. But it's nothing they could have done since those sensors are the same sensors used by everybody, and it was just about figuring out how to position them. I'd recommend Link Interactive and their technology.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We've been happy with our Link Interactive system so far. It's very easy to install and it provided all the features we were looking for. It has a very simple interface, very straightforward, easy to understand and it works well. It's better than the one we had before, based on the number of options. It wasn't necessarily cheap, but it's priced fairly. We've also had a positive experience with their sales folks. They were knowledgeable and when we weren't able to make a decision within four months, they were gently reminding us. Link Interactive's system is definitely the best monitoring system for the price and quality.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My parent's home was broken into when I was kid so having a home security system is important. I called Link Interactive myself, spoke with a customer representative and purchased the system over the phone. They were very friendly, knowledgeable, answered all my questions I had, and helped me reduce the cost of the system that I was originally thinking I needed. The installation was really easy and they pre-programmed everything. And when I received the box, I just had to open it up and they had instructions on how to install each sensor. Then I turned on the main panel and everything worked as they promised. It was up and running. All features work as expected so I'm totally satisfied with it. However, the Bluetooth feature to connect the phone to turn the system off is real confusing and doesn't always work. It's more like a range issue. So, I'm finding it easier for me to go into my app and turn it off versus using the Bluetooth feature.

The cost for the service I receive is excellent and was the main reason why I went with Link. They had the lower cost in the market. The equipment and the monthly monitoring are cheaper. Also, the Link team is very proactive and they've reached out to me to make sure everything's working properly. I had one issue with the garage door sensor that they fixed for me right away since I brought it to their attention. I was very satisfied with everything. Moreover, the Link system gives me peace of mind when I'm traveling for business and my wife is home particularly since I also have the app that alerts me right away if something's going off. Link Interactive is one of the best competitors out there for home security system that offers great value for the price.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

If you're looking for something price competitive and meets what you need for basic alarm system, then go with Link. I used to have a Time Warner, but they no longer offer alarm services. I found Link Interactive online and I got them for the service that they provide, the equipment, and the price are all fair. Their team was very informative and personable when I first called and inquired about their services and then when they called to set it up. Once I got the alarm system, I had a couple of questions and they were very helpful to answer those too. Then the installation was easy and I've had the system for about a month now. My old system was a little bit more techy but the features of the Link system are fair. I was able to play music on the old system or have the weather come up, whereas I'm not too sure if the Link system updates regularly or not, but it's fine. There were a couple of things that I liked about it and the cost is good. I'm happy with it so far.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

. One of the reasons that I purchased it was because of their two-way voice control panel. Another reason was cost and the ability to install it myself. I had to replace one of the sensors because I messed it up when I was putting it in. Maybe a better quality plastic or even a metal casing would help. But, it surely wasn't Link's concern at all that it broke. I bought two of the remote panel but I didn't buy them through Link because they aren't offered. It's a beta feature and there are still some bugs to work out there. The volume was not quite as loud. And the materials may seem a little bit cheaper. But overall they all worked great and it is better than I expected.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had a knee replacement and I was in the hospital. My five-year-old is living there all by herself, and my 27-year-old is moving out of the house. That’s why I wanted the security system. I got a flyer through the mail for a different home security system which said "Call today and get the installation for free." But they wanted $175 just to come and hook it up as the promotion already ended three weeks before that. When I called about Link Interactive, I thought it was alright as they would mail it to me. My son went and hooked everything up for me. Then I got home and I called to activate it. The rep said they automatically activated it after 30 days and I didn’t even have the equipment for 30 days. I only had it for about two weeks.

It was telling me my front door was open but it was closed and locked. Then it was telling me kitchen window and my dining room window were open. How would that say that when none of those sensors were on the dining room or a kitchen window. It was crazy. They were telling me that the system was reading that the doors and the windows were open, but they were not. I was running all around the dining room, living room, and kitchen checking which door or window was open.

I asked for them to please send out a technician as maybe something was wrong. The rep asked, "Are you sure that there aren’t any sensors on those windows?" I was looking at every window and there was nothing up. They said they would send me six, but there was only three. I told him one was on the front porch by the front door, one on the other door, and then one on a closed side door of the house. Link Interactive never sent me all the parts. They also said that they would give us a 30-day free trial with that Ring doorbell 'cause I wasn’t positive I even wanted it. The rep said, "No, ma'am. Keep that. It's a good thing because everybody uses that door."

It's just some equipment hooked up, but nothing works. One lady told me they didn’t even have a technician that could come out. It's pretty useless to have that stuff hanging here when it does not work. If someone’s going to break in, they're going to break into those windows or through those doors. It would be a lot better if Link Interactive could send somebody out.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had a home security provider before that I wasn’t really completely satisfied with. I had it several years and when I moved, they kept charging me because I hadn’t had it for a year. The Link Interactive system is a little more economical and I was impressed with their representative. He was straightforward and did really well. The cost was reasonable and it was one of the reasons why I bought it. I added fire protection to it which cost me $60 more but it was worth it. The only issue was they sent me a copy to give to my insurance company, and I forwarded it to them. They said there wasn’t any fire protection in it, so I had to contact them back. We had two or three correspondences that we didn't have to do if they had put the fire and police protection all-in-one in the certificate the first time.

I already put a similar system before, so installing it this time was not a problem. I like its features. It’s easy to arm and disarm. The first time I armed it, my wife was going out to the car and she left the door open a little bit and it wouldn’t arm. So, I had to close the door to arm it. My wife feels more secure with the Link system than I do. I have other ways to take care of things but when she’s all by herself, she feels more secure.

Link Interactive Company Information

www.linkinteractive.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use