Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,858 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1858 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 1, 2019

I’ve been with Link Interactive for about six years now and for the most part, my experience was decent but lately, I had put a complicated piece in. All my sensors had low battery indicators all at one time, so I changed all the batteries in a lot of stuff to find out that it’s probably a piece of equipment. I wasn’t too happy with that. It takes a lot more than what they would allude to be able to do everything that needs to be done on a security system. I’m savvy at it and it sounded simple but the more I did it, the more complicated it got.

I had a sensor that I know that they knew I had, that they never put into my system which was weird. They sent me a water sensor for flooding, so I figured if they sent it to me they would have already programmed it into my system. They program it remotely. Since I bought that sensor from them, I expected it to come plug and play but it wasn’t because I don’t see it on my sensor. It has been that way for a long time. They need to make sure that they get all those sensors on my system hooked up. But other than that, Link is good to deal with and they get back to me quickly. My system got off several times and the response time was excellent. This system does a good job. Link Interactive is an excellent company.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I’ve heard more about Link Interactive than the other companies, so I went with them and my experience has been good so far. Everything went well when I was purchasing. The reps were knowledgeable and patient. As far as the actual installation of the system, everything was easy to do. It took me within an hour to complete everything. The video is high-quality and I like the night vision, and I can also access the system through the smartphone app. Since having Link in my home, there have been less people coming to the gate. The kids bothering the dogs and throwing rocks have stopped. They see the cameras and they just stop. I have already recommended Link to a friend.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We wanted a home security system because we just moved to a new place and our friends suggest it was a good idea too. When I was searching for a system, I first searched online and did a little comparison. Then, I reached out to different companies. When I spoke with the sales rep from Link Interactive, I felt comfortable. The rep was informative and he was able to answer my questions. He was not very pushy like I had to make a decision right away or very soon. Also, the price was good. I felt like everything was transparent and honest information was handled.

The installation of the system was somewhat easy and manageable. However, it took a while when it was out of the box as I wanted to make sure I understand everything since I never had a home security system before. It also took a little trick to actually physically find a good way to attach the sensors. But once it was all done, the system was installed and the actual guide to start using it was easy. I'm happy with our new security system from Link Interactive and we have noticed a change in our sense of security.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Link Interactive's cost is better than most companies. The representatives were good and the set-up was easy, although installing the sensors on the doors was a bit challenging. The quality is good, nevertheless, and my experience with Link has been all right so far. I am still trying out the stuff, but I have no complaints so far. My sense of security has been good since having the system. I’ve finally activated and armed it.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We got a customized Link Interactive package in February and the sales process was easy. We liked that it was not overly expensive and that we could put it up ourselves. Installing the system was easy. In fact, it was a lot easier than we thought it was gonna be. With the Link system, we can be away from home and get on it to see what's happening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: April 23, 2019

With the way things are going around in this country, I gotta have videos going half the time or a security net. Plus, it is hard to get up to the door so I made a decision to buy a security system. I went with Link Interactive as it was on Facebook. I was able to interact well with their sales and customer service rep. He was very knowledgeable about what he had to say to me and very well knew what he doing. He did a really good job explaining everything. I installed the system and all I had to do was mount it to the outside. It was a very easy installation. I made sure also there is power to it and the wires were drawn to each other and plugged in the electricity for the internet. The instructions were not the best but it was done one thing at a time then I got power to the camera doorbell. I got everything hooked up but all I gotta do is get strong enough WiFi so I can do it. I thought it can go through the phone, but it won't work.

I was also looking for a camera and they said that the camera they got now needs to be hooked up to the WiFi. Another thing, when the doorbell rings, I can see the inside camera working but I need a doorbell for the outside too. Once I get a strong WIFI, it should work. Other than that, everything else is working. And once I get it going, it would be great because I know who is at the door. The equipment lights up good and everything is very well. I like that it is easy and slim. Moreover, the equipment’s quality is good and the cost is so good in relation to the quality. So far, my sense of security has been pretty much the same since having Link security system as there are people coming in and out all the time. People will notice when they see the stuff. Overall, I'm satisfied with Link Interactive.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I initially started working with Link Interactive, but their overall system was not what I was looking for. The alarm wasn’t loud enough, and I would have to buy a separate alarm which if you need an alarm system, you want a whole system that really works. Also, the situation with the sensors took a lot of work on my part. I put in over 20 hours in the whole situation. I was reluctant to just throw those hours away, but the system wasn't as good as I had thought it was gonna be.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I bought a house that has an existing Link Interactive. Currently, we are experiencing some issues, but we have not moved into the home yet. Once we do, we anticipate a technician coming out to help us. Our package includes features like motion detectors, glass break, doorbell, and videos. Although I've had limited experience with Link Interactive and I get too many alerts with their smartphone features, I'm satisfied with the experience with them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I watched some YouTube videos and reviews, and Link Interactive's system was easier enough to self-install. Their customer service was really great when I called. They were easily available and were friendly, so I like that. I had a friend help me with the installation and it went well. It wasn't that complicated and it took a couple of hours. The instructions were detailed enough.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We have two stores. I had occasion to go with a provider other than Link Interactive on the second store, but I didn’t. I recently received a power outage notice. That worked well and I was very pleased with that. However, the sound quality is poor. We don't have sound at one of our stores. Also, the system is a little to the high side on cost. That could have an impact on what we do at some later date. I could get it done for 75% of the cost. But when I have called in with a problem, Link's reps have been very good.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I spoke to both Link Interactive and some places here. Link seemed to be more promising and it was a referral by my cousin. The sales rep explained things to me very well. She told me how to install the system being that it's a self-install. It was very clear. And when I had a small problem, I called her and she sent me another piece. The system is very good but I feel they need to be a little bit better. In configuring the app, it needs more options. The notification option in the app can be improved.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When I purchased a home, I decided to purchase a home security system as well. I went with Link because of the promotions they were offering. Also, their monthly monitoring services were more of what I was looking for compared to other quotes I got. In addition to that, their customer service reps were very helpful. They responded within 24 hours of me requesting a quote via phone. And then once I got the information, I asked them if they could follow back up in 24 hours, so I could discuss it with my wife. They did that.

Once the equipment had arrived, they had a call already in place to make sure everything was working properly and make sure I was able to install everything. The doorbell camera was far the most challenging thing I had as far as installation. But that was because of the break of the house than anything else. Other than that, I get text notifications whenever there’s motion detected on one of the outdoor cameras, or if I leave the house, and don't set the alarm. The fact that I can log into the app at any point in time, and just check on things around the house is convenient.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I called around a few different companies, and I felt the most comfortable with Link and they gave me a pretty good price. The people at Link were straightforward and honest. The installation was a little bit harder because it was self-install, but they were always there when I called them. They were just right up the whole time. I'm pretty happy with their service.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I went for Link Interactive because their prices are lower than the others that I considered. It was easy to install and their customer service reps have been great. Every time I have a question, they answer it. Everything about my security system is great. Having it makes me feel more secure.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Having found Link Interactive through Costco, we took a shot at Link's system given that we trust Costco. They’re good to their consumer base. Everyone that I’ve dealt with at Link is also great, although, the set-up initially was a little challenging. After they sent me equipment, no one has followed up to ask how did things go. Plus, what they do is exactly the reverse of how it should be. You just get a bunch of equipment, then you go around and stick it into various sensors, then you have to call them to get the labeling correctly.

What they should do is get the door names, the door knocks, and then send a pack that has the sensor name, like which is for the front door or for the window. Anyway, the system is a few years old now, but it’s perfectly fine. One thing, however, is that there’s no volume dial on the speaker. If an emergency happens, the speaker that the operator speaks to you through is unbelievably loud. You wanna stay away from it, but you also have to communicate with it. It’s already stressful when the alarm is going off, and you try and enter your code. And then the kids are crying because the alarm went off, and then this really loud speaker goes off, and you’re trying to communicate. They’re so loud, I can’t even think straight. There is a volume control, but not enough for that, like there’s no way that you can turn the volume down. Overall, they're a decent service, but there’s a lot of other systems out there where you can get monitored for a lower cost.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I needed a home security system for my guns. I learned about Link Interactive in a Google search and I liked the ease of installing it. I have the app and I've also got a fob or remote. Link Interactive is simple to use and the interactions with their team was fantastic.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Link Interactive is okay as compared to the home security system that I had in a different house. The interactions that I had with their reps were great and the installation went fine. The only thing is that the system may tell me that my door is closed but it is wide open, or a garage door is closed, but it is open. But other than that, everything else is fine. I’ve got to redo some door sensors because I had the house painted and I’m missing magnets, so I gotta order some more door sensors. So right now, the door sensors are ineffective, but that is my fault.

I also got the cameras, but I haven’t installed them yet because I'm a little overwhelmed by that system. I wish we had something more like the Blink. It is overwhelming as a consumer to get a box full of stuff and expect to know how to do that. Nevertheless, I would recommend someone getting Link Interactive. Their system works well. I had to call customer service to help get every piece activated or fine-tuned, and the reps at Link did a good job in doing that.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My Link Interactive security system came with the house. I contacted Link's customer service for all the paperwork to transfer from the previous owners and it went well. The reps were very helpful but I'm still working with them a bit because I'm trying to get familiar with the system. I have never had a home security system before so, I’m trying to get the app to work on my phone. The reps were very nice too. They kept the same cost that the previous owners were paying. Also, there was something else in there and the folks who had the system had it switched over to Link and they were very happy with it. I now feel secure. It's nice to know that if I wasn't there and there was an issue, the security system makes me aware of it and I can take action.

Original review: March 27, 2019

One of our electricians had Link Interactive and he really liked it. He also thought it was easy. The customer service reps were fabulous. While the system was a self-install, without the reps, I wouldn’t have been able to put it together. We linked the camera up to the system and it was very difficult for whatever reasons, but we were very patient and we worked our way through it. Also, the system was completely customizable. The smartphone features of our system are very straightforward too. However, I am still working out an issue with them, the infrared interior detector, because my cat keeps on tripping it off. She is only 8 pounds and Link says anything below 35 shouldn’t set off the motion sensor, but, for some reason, it does.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I decided to purchase a security system to be more secure and when I dealt with the reps from Link Interactive, they were pleasant and very friendly. Also, the installation of the system was very easy. It was self-explanatory and the rep helped me out with what I needed. I also like that the price of the system is good. My wife has been feeling better since having the system and it has been a good experience, overall.

Original review: March 25, 2019

It's just me and my wife here and with Link Interactive's security system, she feels safer. I installed the system myself and it was very simple. Plus, anytime I've had an issue, their customer service has been great. The quality of the equipment and its cost are great too. I knew, as far as their automation, that I could connect a lot of stuff to the system, which was why I wanted them. Everything was customizable. I didn't have a lot of sensors, but anything I needed was done. And the smartphone features are very easy to use.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Link Interactive was just passed on from the previous homeowner and their process to get the account active again was straightforward.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My brother-in-law has a system from Link Interactive and he referred me to them. Installing the system was the easiest thing, easier than setting up my phone. I also like that I can turn the system off and on wherever I am on my phone. It takes pictures of whoever tries to enter a code as well. We love Link.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve had Link Interactive since 2013 and I like this company. They’re cheaper than my previous provider.

Original review: March 16, 2019

To provide protection for our home, I got Link. Their pricing and the capabilities that they provide were both of the requirements that I was looking for. Also, the smart features like the home automation stuff were part of the reason why I went with the system because I knew in the future that will be something that I'd be looking into doing. I ended up seeing two guys and they did a good job of explaining all the features that the company provided. They also answered all my questions thoroughly.

I had to self-install the system but the installation instructions weren't clear so I had to call. The lady I talked to walk me through the process. It took about three hours to get the system up and running. I'm pretty tech savvy so it was something that I was able to handle. It was something that I knew how to do and I knew what I was getting into. But I can imagine if there's someone who isn't the savviest on that kind of stuff, it could possibly be aggravating.

We like the wireless remote function that we have on the alarm.com app on our phones. Right now we just have it with simple alarm for when we're in the house or when we leave. Our system has fire detection too. We just moved into the house about two months ago so we're still trying to get settled in before we start doing some of the remote features like locks. So far, the system has been pretty good. We've had it for a little over a month now and we haven't had any issues.

We are definitely getting the bang for our buck with Link. I shopped around with other companies and I felt like part of the reason why I went with them was they are providing a lot of the features other companies are doing but at an economical cost. Link is a pretty good company. If anybody is in the market to purchase a security system, they should definitely reach out to Link.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I wanted to be able to monitor my place of residence and I have a family member who suggested Link Interactive to me. Getting a security system from them was a pretty intuitive process. Their reps have been very responsive and helpful. Although they sent something at the wrong address, which was my old address, for the most part, they've been accurate. The sales team also gave suggestions for my package and I was still able to customize things. I had help with the installation and the process was pretty easy.

Since the installation, I feel better. There’s not an entry point that could be accessed without me being aware. So, that certainly increases my peace of mind. Also, the smartphone features are really easy to use and very helpful with great reminders. I absolutely love it. The equipment's price was a little steep, but the monthly is pretty reasonable given the service they provide.

Original review: March 13, 2019

If I could give them a negative star, I would. This company supplies the cheapest equipment I have seen and will not last. Equipment is missing pieces that allow the equipment to mounted. The "customer service rep" implied that I was too stupid to figure out how to mount the components. The customer service is horrible and there is NO way to get out of the 3 year contract. They will not credit your account for any of the system's failings. Their "oh I am sorry to hear that," is supposed to make up for the wasted money. For a 3 year contract, you should have 365 days to try out the system. If they believed in their product, it would have that warranty.

Try to click on links in their website, half of them don't work. Do you want a company that can't keep their website updated to be monitoring your house? I should have been alarmed by the short trial period. They shouldn't even bother to have customer service reps and lower the price of service. The company lies continuously. I don't understand how there are any positive reviews of this system or the company. The company claimed they do not pay for the reviews but that won't be the first lie they told. They put all the responsibility on the customer and take none for themselves.

The contract is 13 pages long. Be sure to read the whole thing. At first the system might seem ok, but once you past the 30 day trial period, you have to pay for the whole length of the contract. You might as well tape the cash to the side of the house. It would do the same amount to protect your house as this company. That is how much value this company provides. No matter what instructions are written in your file, they disregard it.

Also, they seem to brag out the BBB review. Make sure to read the comments. None of the complaints are actually resolved and the tone of the company's responses is disgusting and show their shady business practices. Their whole business plan is to sign people up for 3 years, pretend they are helpful for 30 days and then just let the payments roll in. The only thing they have spent money on is a good lawyer to write their customer agreement. The employees should be embarrassed to work for this company.

Link Interactive response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our equipment is warrantied for 3 years the life of the agreement. Not sure where you are coming from. While looking through your account I can see how we tried several times to help you. In fact we tried so many times you asked us to stop. Not sure why you think we only care during the first 30 days when we continued to reach out to help you get your system up and running and you refused our help. We are here for our customers and are here for you. We value our customers and are more than willing to help you get your system up and running. Please reach out and we will get you taken care of.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We had a security system in our old place down south and wanted one as well when we moved back up north. We got a security system from Link Interactive. Both the old and the new system use the Alarm.com app. The old system itself was installed by a full-service agency down south. The Link Interactive system is a do-it-yourself install, which I didn't mind so much. It was really easy to do and took me a couple of hours installing the system. Also, the interaction with the reps was awesome. Being a somewhat technical person, I get into the really obscure details of things sometimes. But they were able to handle them with aplomb.

The features could even do so much more than what we bought into. We bought it for just a security system, but you can have light control too. We also got the garage add-on. I like the idea of the smart features. Also, I like the cost of the system. It came in in about the same price as the system we had down south but we got more out of this one from Link. Overall, the system has been absolutely great.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Aside from moving into a new house, I was getting harassing phone calls so I decided to get a security system. I went with Link Interactive since they had the best reviews and I was beyond happy with my experience dealing with their reps. When I called up, it wasn’t like they signed me up right away. It was more of finding what my needs were and what kind of equipment I would need. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the initial rep when I was trying to sign up and they were patient. They were very thorough and they provided personable service. The installation was easy, too. I was on the phone with a rep for about an hour and she helped me make sure I had everything set up properly. The rep was very thorough and patient. I was really impressed with how customer service has been with Link Interactive.

I also got features that are perfect for what I need. The system is definitely up-to-date with all the modern stuff that’s out there. Link has a competitive edge over others, whose panel isn't up-to-date with what Link is offering. And then, the camera system with the infrared light and the night vision, along with everything else, seem to work really well. And it's at a fair cost. I’m really pleased overall. Plus, the system is automatically connected to my phone. I would sometimes forget if I set the alarm off and then I would get reminded through my phone that I did shut my alarm off. It automatically shuts my alarm off for me when I’m not far away from the house. So, that’s a huge, added bonus. I definitely sleep a whole lot better having the system and my concerns have been alleviated. I feel really good about it. I’ve actually recommended Link to several friends.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I needed a home security system and one of the reasons I picked Link is because it was so easy to communicate with their rep via email. I didn’t wanna have to wind up on the phone. I then had to install the system myself, which was easy enough, but I would have preferred to have someone do it - a local fellow who I could pay a few bucks to. If Link had some network of installers, I would use one. So far, I've found the system to be of good quality.

Link Interactive Company Information