4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,262 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1952, Link Interactive allows you to take control over the security of your home. We offer systems that give you the highest level of protection at an affordable price.

Our custom settings allow you to control your home in the palm of your hand. Visit our website to watch video demos of our unique products!

Link Interactive Video
Link Interactive Gallery (4)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

1262 Link Interactive Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Great value and friendly service. I love how they are the few companies that give you full control of your panel but is always willing to help if you mess something up. Customer service is always prompt and helpful. The monitoring station is great the one time our neighbor set the alarm off when we were out of town. I am a very happy customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I’ve used Link Interactive since 2010 and I recommended them to multiple people. I initially chose them because of their price, but I really stuck with them for their great customer service. I don’t even care what the price is anymore, as long it's within reason. When I had issues, I called them and they walked me right through the issue. They stayed on the phone with me and worked through it. Then, when I had some compatibility issues with one of my cameras that I didn’t even buy from them, they sent me a temporary camera while the issue was being fixed. Everything was also easy to install.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We got our Link Interactive system from an existing signal. They said initially existing will work with the instrument, but most of them didn’t work, even the basically wired connection. Only wireless connection worked. Nevertheless, I recommend them each time. So far, it's been good with them. The reps do a good job except for one instance where one lady had a large problem. She could not resolve any issues.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I'm used to an alarm system because we had one before and went with Link Interactive based on the reviews that I saw on the internet, then from talking to them and their sales rep's response. Their system was self-install and simple. But after the install, I contacted them about some extra double-sided tape things which they sent right away. We've been with Link for three months now and everything's working fine.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The response from Andrea, my sales rep, was quick. I was able to get all the answers. That’s one of the reasons I had Link Interactive. Installing the sensors was easy but I'm still struggling with the motion sensor. Andrea and the technical team know as they’ve been working with me since the last four weeks up until today. The motion sensor is supposed to cover certain range and area. And from my findings, it does not trigger the alarm all the time. So, if I did my planning based on the information provided earlier, then my house would have been exposed. The number of motions sensors which I was planning to put in would not cover the area which I was planning to cover.

Their customer service has changed the sensors the second time. There had been sensors from different companies with different model but it was the same behavior so I might end up doubling the motion sensors in my house which might be the solution as long as Link Interactive is not doubling their cost and I'm not paying anything extra for the extra sensors. It would be good if they can do real-time testing before Sunday. I've spent so many hours with them over the phone to get this sensor working and that was just not working for me. I wasn't expecting to be on-call with Link for such a long period and it has been a bad experience. Other than that, they are responsive. They come back to me especially the service people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Link Interactive?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I searched on Google for alarm systems and found Link Interactive. I did a bunch of research and found their price to stand out. Also, the installation was easy.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was shopping for home security system and we decided to check Costco. That’s how we heard about Link Interactive. Costco had given us a better deal. We have a three-year contract with Link Interactive but we've been using it only for one year. I wonder if they have any setting to keep the security system at the stay setting for windows at the back of the home because I have a dog. I haven’t been able to figure it out yet because I couldn’t find any instructions regarding it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

There was a prowler in our area and someone tried to break into the travel trailer that we have so we felt that it would be safer to have a security system. My neighbor works for Link Interactive and I trust him so I decided to use Link. I'm only a couple of months into it and I'm happy with them. Their price was right, and their offer gave me what I needed and it's all good. Installing the system was pretty self-explanatory. We turn on our alarm occasionally but everything's fine. I'm glad I've had it. It's more peace of mind for my family. I had felt better about our house, and I can see what's going on at home anytime. I have recommended Link Interactive to my neighbors.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like the price of Link Interactive but when I installed the system, it was not the best experience. I figured it out though. I've had Link for three months now and I'm having some problems with one of the systems so I have to reboot and reduce some code. Unfortunately, I have to reinstall the system. I don't like to have to reinstall something after I just purchased it. I'm dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

It's been a good experience with Link Interactive. I liked their features and the price was right. The customer service is great too. The installation was pretty straightforward, but since it was my first security system, it was a little confusing. I was not sure how to test the detectors and glass break. I still don't know if that is broken directly or not. But once everything was done, I called customer service to make sure that everything was set up correctly and if they would be able to detect the motion detectors.

So far, I'm happy with the way things are going. It’s very easy to manage the system. There was one time though that the alarm went on and when we put in the password, it would go off, but then, the alarm would go on again. We found out that my daughter was just pressing the alarm. I called Link Interactive and it seemed that they didn't receive that alarm. My understanding was to call the security folks automatically because the alarm went on. I wasn’t sure why they didn’t respond.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been with Link Interactive for at least three years now. I got their services because they were an Alarm.com company and Costco recommended them. Their pricing model is fair and it's nice that I got a connected dead bolt for the house so if somebody needs to come by my house to pick up something, I can conveniently unlock the house from my phone. I also like that they’re based in the US because many of their competitors outsource to call centers outside the US. They've always been responsive and I’ve been much happier with them than other providers, such as ADT.

I have Link Interactive's system set up in five different location so I get calls from their team regularly, which are usually alarm-related, such as if somebody set off an alarm, if I have a low battery or if I have a bad sensor. If they saw some behavior that looks suspicious, they’ll call me to confirm my passcode and ask me if I wanted a dispatch. There was one incident where somebody activated the alarm and broke into the house. The alarm went off and cops got there on time and nearly caught the guy.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was looking for cameras and I found the best price with Link Interactive. I've been together with them for less than a year. When I started installing, I was doing it myself with my son. But my son is not here so I called them yesterday because I wanted help. The Link Interactive rep on the phone gave me good ideas to get on and set up the cameras. She was a really nice person. I got one on the driveway set up and one on the side view. The one on the side view won't stay in green and it was getting red and blue. Sometimes white, red, white, red. It stayed white yesterday blinking. I've reset it for about six times but it never got on. By that time, it was already 10 O'clock so I was ready to go to sleep. I'm happy with Link Interactive but I just got to figure out my problem.

With the security system in place, I feel less worried because I've been catching people and I've been reporting them to the police. I actually found one guy and I reported it to the policemen. I showed them the video of the guy and they probably caught him already. They're good cameras. I'm thinking about buying a camera on the door because of my son. I don't want anything to happen to him because my wife is working sometimes in the morning and I'm here all day at work. The system is nice and I like it. I've been telling my friends to buy the cameras I have at home.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Link Interactive gives me peace of mind but I’m not too crazy about them. I got a call from them saying that one of the sensors was lost and if I needed help. I called them back and they can’t figure out where it is. So up to this day, I don’t know what happened to the sensor, where it is, or how to fix it. On their end, it's showing which sensor was lost, but they can’t tell me where it is. No one is able to come out and we have to do everything ourselves.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

It was relatively easy installing my Link security system and when I had some trouble with installing the cameras, I called them and they were able to walk me through it. Their rep was very helpful and took the amount of time needed to correct the issues. I've been using Link for a month now and it makes me more comfortable that the security system is in place. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When I was researching online for home security providers, Link Interactive and Frontpoint were the top two companies and both had good reviews customer service-wise but it came down to the price point in the end. I went with Link Interactive because of that and I’ve been with them for a month now. Installing the security system was simple and they had good videos online which helped a lot. I'm not a well-experienced, do-it-yourself person so for me, it was straightforward instructions.

I had to call customer service for the technical support team for the garage sensor. They were able to help me out and we took care of it. Their reps were responsive. I have peace of mind since I’ve had Link Interactive knowing that we have a good security system and the family is taken care of. They should keep on doing what they are doing. They provide great service. Plus, they have a quality product with competitive pricing for the monitoring.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Link Interactive is a good company and I'm glad I made the right decision to have them four months ago. They had good reviews and it seemed like the system would do what I wanted it to do at a price that I wanted to pay. The pistol makes me feel a whole lot safer and I'm not as enamored with the front door system but at least I know if somebody gets in there, I can take care of him. It sends me texts and I do get a notification when there's activity. It has a video that comes up that I can go to. However, the notification is delayed. By the time it gets to my phone, they're already gone. Also, some of the little pieces of equipment are shabby and cheap but their customer service is excellent which is important. I sent two pieces back and got immediate parts replaced. Overall, I'm happy. If I wasn't, I'll put it in a box and send it back to them.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I liked the deals and other offers included in the package. Their reps were also very friendly and helpful. Link Interactive is a great security system all in all. It makes it easier knowing that there’s some kind of protection in the house. They are very trustworthy.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Link Interactive has a good price. Their customer service is also good and that was a really big selling point. I let the rep know upfront that I was looking at other companies and he didn’t hassle me. He sent me information that I requested and, every now and then, he checked up on me as well to make sure I was still interested. The installation was easy and it’s been a great experience with Link Interactive.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

We just moved into the new house. We installed the security system from Link Interactive and it was pretty easy. The door and the window sensors did not have any problems, the system is easy to use and I use the app on the phone to check the video a couple times a day. I was having a little trouble with the video camera, there were issues with the Wi-Fi and I had to find my password. I called them, and they were helpful and walked me through.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Link Interactive was easy to install and since having it, I feel safer when I’m away from home. When I deal with their team, they are helpful. I enjoy the experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

When I was looking for the Qolsys Panel 2, Link Interactive was one of the only few that had it so far. I’ve had them for three months now and it’s good so far. I did the installation myself and their customer service was good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We had Link Interactive installed in our business. The installation was easy and the system is fine plus I like that there’s an app. But I was frustrated with it at the beginning because we had to put down a year’s worth of the $30 monthly cost because the company was new and we didn’t have any company credit at the time. It’s not a big of a deal but it was annoying and I didn't understand why we had to have this huge credit. I would have not used the system and would have gone with another company, but there were some sensors here that we were able to use. They had it here before we came in to the building. If I was starting another business and I didn’t have any company credit, or I didn’t have credit as a personal individual, then I wouldn’t recommend it just because you have to put up that money. Other than that, Link Interactive is good.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The Link Interactive installation was very easy and I also liked the fact that I could set it up myself. I feel more secure and more safe after installing it. Their customer service was excellent, too. I had the sensor replaced and the reps took care of it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My wife wanted the comfort and security of a security system so I got Link Interactive and I've been with them for two months now but I'm struggling with the quality of their product. The install went fine, but I keep having issues with all my sensors. I've contacted their reps and they've replaced a few of the sensors. Then I've been out of town for quite a while and haven't engaged back with them. Their customer service is good, with friendly reps, but the quality of the product is yet to be determined.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I’ve had a system with Link Interactive and I put it in my second house where I just moved into. I feel more secure having it. I had it for two years in my old house and here now for about six weeks. I’ve used a different provider previously, which was okay, but Link Interactive stood out since it’s wireless. Installing it was easy, with the instructions and details, and their team has been very responsive. I had to activate the garage function and they were very eager to walk me through it. They provide exceptional customer service.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We’ve been using Link Interactive for around three months and our experience has been pretty smooth and good overall. Right now, there have been more people that moved into our house so we don't use it as much but if you know that you're going to be the only person in the house, having that and arming it is actually helpful. I'm pretty satisfied with Link Interactive.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I had an existing alarm system. I knew that the equipment works with a few other carriers so once my contract expired with the old carrier, I went to the website and punched in some information to find out what carriers will also work with my existing equipment. I spoke to Link Interactive and two other companies, and I went out on the service.

A lot of companies try to hook us by giving a bunch of free equipment. But since I didn't need a lot of equipment, Link Interactive was able to get me the cheapest monthly price without locking into a contract and seemed like a good outfit. They sent me a new little cell module card to be put into the system and it was very self-explanatory. They also sent some instructions along with it and the installation went very smoothly. I didn't have any issues making the switch. Their system continued to work really well for us and they've been good to work with. Overall, Link Interactive is a good company with good communication.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Last year when I was researching, Link Interactive used to give discounts to Costco members. But this year when I decided to go for it and call them, they said they no longer hold that discount. But my friend installed Link Interactive. He referred me to it and it's been my second month now. Installation was self-explanatory and instructions were easy. Then I called their team to activate it and they were friendly. With Link Interactive, I feel secure and there’s a sense of calmness at night knowing that it is there. However, it would be helpful for future customers if they could reduce down on monthly installment cost because the front-end cost was expensive. I invested $300 in the equipment itself and I've been paying $35 per month on top of it. Other than that, I found their customer service support team very helpful and Link Interactive is a reliable system.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

One of my friends installed Link Interactive for me and it was pretty easy. I've had it for about a month now. I found them on the internet and compared with other providers, their price was what I wanted to pay. I just had to call them one time because the door didn’t hook up the right way, but then they fixed it. The only thing now is that I'm supposed to have some type of app on my phone that I don’t have, and I've called them about it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I found out about Link Interactive after doing a Google search and what appealed to me is that they didn't have to send a person out to my home or business. I could make a deal over the phone. Installation was easy. There wasn't any issue reaching out to customer service until now. The system is not working since September 10. The system was brand new. I only had it for two weeks prior to that. My power has been restored for about a week and a half now but I still haven’t been able to get my Link Interactive up and running and so far I can’t seem to contact anyone who will help me and I don’t know if they’re going to knock my bill down. I tried to send them an email and it's been horrible. Because of the storm they felt that they couldn’t do anything right now.

Link Interactive Company Information