4.2/5 (157 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Liberty Home Guard

Liberty Home Guard is a home warranty company with flexible plans and optional add-on coverage. Customers can file claims, view claim status, renew and upgrade policies and update payment information using Liberty Home Guard’s online portal. Repairs come with a 60-day warranty. Plans are available in 45 states plus Washington, D.C.

Pros

• Straightforward plans
    • Convenient customer portal
    • Affordable options
    • Flexible contract terms

Cons

• Not available in all states
    • Some report claim denials

Bottom Line

Liberty Home Guard has a vast network of licensed technicians. Contracts have some limitations, but there’s no limit to the number of repairs or replacements. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Liberty Home Guard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Guard?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I bought a house that was 20 years old and the Realtor said getting a warranty might be a good idea. I called a couple of other companies and the conversation I had with Liberty Home Guard was better. They offered me a three-year package, as opposed to one year, and with a better price. I'm quite satisfied with it. Moreover, signing up was a pretty easy process. I'd tell anyone who asks that they need to call Liberty.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Eric was top notch. He help me with all the questions I had. Very knowledgeable and explained all the information. I would recommend him to help any new customers. I enjoyed working with him and would encourage him to be salesman of the week.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I learned about Liberty through ConsumerAffairs’ website and decided I would go with them because of their customer service. The brand representative was perfect, and the application process was easy. We've had one claim. I did it online and it was a little tricky. I didn’t know when I had sent it, like I wasn’t given a screen telling me that I was done. But overall, it was excellent.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Eric was wonderful to work with. He did everything possible to find a plan that would fit my budget and still give me the peace of mind that my home is covered for repairs that might arise. I feel that Liberty Guard has my back.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I’m selling my home and the buyer requested to have a warranty provider. The sales person from Liberty that gave me a call had the best price. I applied online and it was very simple. I got quotes mainly for appliances and the HVAC system, and they were very much willing to work with me on coverage and price. I'm very satisfied with the option that was provided.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I had a home warranty, which I was not happy with. I was coming up on renewal and decided that I would look for other options to cover my home. After talking with four different companies, I chose Liberty. They had a similar coverage to the one I had and worked with the budget that I needed. Signing up was very simple. I filled out a simple questionnaire online and had a sales rep call me. Then we did most of the process over the phone and the rest of was done over emails for signature and payment. They answered all the questions I had and were fairly timely. The whole process took three days once I had established and got information about their plan. Moreover, I'm very satisfied with the plan option I was offered.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Eric was very helpful and patient with me as I asked him numerous questions about his company. I had experienced bad service with my previous warranty company the last three years so I was very skeptical about everything Eric was telling me. It just sounds too good to be true if this is a company that will help me to keep my home running smoothly without waiting months to get things fixed. Eric also worked with me to try to get the payments within my limited income. He was very helpful with everything in answering all my questions. Now let's hope I went with a good, honest and dependable warranty company! Time will tell!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I googled a bunch of different companies, and Liberty Home had a good rating. I went with them because of the rating and the price. The application process was pretty easy and the rep was very nice. But submitting a claim was horrible. When my contract is up, I will not renew it. My air conditioner went out, and I live in Texas. It was running 100 degrees. It took them five days to get somebody out there. They never would return my calls. Every contact I had with them was me having to call them. And I kept getting promises and promises, they would call me back, they were trying to get something set up, someone would call me, and I would not hear a word.

So, we went five days in a 100-degree weather with no air conditioning. Then, when they finally got somebody out, it took him about 20 minutes to fix it. The contractor sent was wonderful. As a matter of fact, he was really busy but he still managed to make it out. I think he ended up coming at 6 o’clock that night. And he was very helpful and really nice. He was not the person that they had come out. When they finally got ahold of somebody, he was out that day. And that wasn’t the problem. The problem was I could not get Liberty to find somebody to even get out there. I kept getting the runaround. I had another warranty company with my last house, and I had them for over 10 years, and I absolutely love them. Twice, I had problems with my air conditioner in that 10 years, and they had someone in my house within two hours.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Disclaimer - we JUST purchased and have not utilized this warranty yet, but will provide feedback once we do. This is solely in regards to our shopping around and purchase of a warranty. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and professional the sales rep was. I was up-front with him about our budget limitations and what we expected for coverage and cost and he worked to earn our business, matching as close as possible to the other coverages we'd be quoted. We ultimately selected Liberty because, although their coverage was slightly higher, their positive reviews were MUCH better.

Mr. Eric ** was our account rep. He was a bit pushy in making the sale (didn't want me to get off the phone or call him back), but he was patient, polite, and professional when I asked for him to verify his identity via email for secure payment and to send me a sample contract and hold while I reviewed coverages. Great rep - as long as you go in being knowledgeable about your min coverage and max price and then be firm with your rep, they'll work with you to provide the best coverage they can to give you an honest picture of what's possible.

I wouldn't recommend stepping into this conversation before you're ready or have shopped around a bit though. Mr. ** was a Birddog but he was able to decrease our rates because we're military in order to make the sale. We feel much more comfortable with what Liberty Home is able to offer in the way of accreditation and positive customer experiences for the price we're getting than we were with what Select Home Warranty was offering for almost the same price. We look forward to working with Mr. Thompson and his team at Liberty Home Guard in the future.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I moved into a house that’s about 12 years old and I decided that I wanna make sure my appliances are covered. I didn’t know how old they were and how they were gonna last. I applied for a warranty with Liberty Home Guard and it was easy. They emailed me with the form and I sent it back. From that point, we moved forward with it. But when you’re in the middle of moving, your brain’s going in every direction, so at that point in time, I didn’t know all the questions to ask. But it wasn’t hard. I just got in touch with their rep then he went over the plan. But I did not get all the information I would’ve liked to have gotten at first.

For instance, I did not realize that the coverage was only for the equipment and they don't take care of any of the installation. I’ve had to replace the garbage disposal and they just gave me the garbage disposal, then it was on me to get it put in. They didn’t recommend anybody either. If I had pushed it, maybe they could have. But I already have a friend that does it for me and I knew he could put it in for me. Also, there was nothing I could do to change the matter after I’ve already signed a contract. If I’d have known that, I would’ve shopped around more. When I signed up with them, I assumed that if my heat pump went out, they would replace it and include the installation. That to me, is a big expense, too, and when you get a home warranty, you're expecting not to have that big expense if something happens. But I assumed too much and I shouldn’t have. I take some responsibility for it too.

Other than that, when I was talking to the contractors, they told me about a reset button. Then they said that they would just send me a new garbage disposal. They told me they were going to send me an InSinkErator, but they did not. So, they sent me another one. I’m not learned in garbage disposals but I’ve always heard about InSinkErators, not the other ones. So, they sent me what was in the warehouse. It was the way it was put to me. It came through the mail and I'm assuming that it is a fairly good one.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I am very happy and satisfied with the way your representative handle all my questions. Your representative appears to be very knowledgeable on the subject matter.. Since this is my first signed up with your company, I have yet to experience the service that you will provide. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Liberty Home Guard had several customer ratings that I looked at and Liberty looked like they would be good. The application process was easy. The website was easy to navigate through as well. I was looking for home coverage and I was satisfied with the plan options offered to me. Their reps answered my questions and we set everything up.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

My experience with Eric was exactly what I would expect with obtaining a policy to cover my home. He was professional and knows his company and products. I am pleased with thier coverage and I am pleased with the price and options for payment. As I believe is everyone's feeling, the true test is should there be a claim, what the process is and the timing to get repairs completed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

After having some unfavorable experiences and incomplete disclosure of services/limitations with other companies, I felt very secure with Eric's honest and complete answers to my many difficult questions. He took the time to look into the correct answers to actual situations I posed, and gained my confidence... to the point where I decided to make the change to Liberty!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Robert did an excellent job helping us today -- we approached Liberty Home Guard in order to purchase a home warranty for a property we are buying, and he was very informative and friendly. He explained the different plan options and was very detailed in going over what items the warranty covers. Overall, very satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Doing Liberty Home Guard's application process by phone was quite easy. I wanted coverage for the appliances and was satisfied with the options they offered me. Everything was good with my interactions with their reps. They were courteous and knowledgeable. I'm still waiting on a part and the technician needs to come back, probably this week, but Liberty Home Guard has been doing great. In general, the response time and everything else was 5 stars. I am completely satisfied as of now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

He was very helpful and offered me plenty of options until we got the one that worked best for me and was able to offer my friend that referred me a good deal as well. He was friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got Liberty Home Guard because of their reviews online and their BBB report, and the application process was pretty easy. I spoke with someone on the phone and everybody was great from there. Everything was great.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Eric ** was very knowledgeable, pleasant and patient in explaining the coverage of all of the options for coverage and answering all my questions. I truly appreciated his assistance with my decision to switch to Liberty Home Guard. Thanks again Eric!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Eric was friendly, helpful and very nice. He went over everything thoroughly, explaining anything I asked about. He explained the Sr. Citizen's discount option, and offered me assistance in payment options. Always, stopped and listened to my questions and concerns and answered them. Very professional.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Eric was knowledgeable, confident and sure of himself and went the extra mile to ensure that my needs were met while ensuring a win-win in terms of getting me comfortable with LHG for my Home Warranty. Well done and I am looking forward to the support that the LHG brand brings and hopefully won't need it too much.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

He was outstanding. Very helpful with all of my needs and questions. He knew everything I asked him and was very kind. I would encourage the upper management to reward him with a big bonus, bigger than ever before and I would increase his salary. He's that good.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Well, I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone so helpful and knowledgeable and answered all my questions perfectly. You sold me and I am looking forward to doing business with you guys. Just take care of me! :-) I feel I made the right decision. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

James was very helpful, he explained everything very well and answered all of my questions and concerns. I would be likely to recommend Liberty Home Guard to a friend based on our interaction. Hopefully the home warranty is as satisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

James was very polite and informative. Was patient and answered all my questions and offered me more discounts based on different scenarios! Willing to help in any way he can! Provided various payment options to help with the policy bring more affordable!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Liberty Home Guard helped me immensely when I had issues. The customer service was absolutely top notch and they really helped me when I needed them the most. I’m incredibly happy to have worked with them. The faith I have in their coverage really helped me a lot!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Had very good service and they helped me with the broken appliances in my kitchen after an electrical shortage. I highly recommend them. Sent out a technician the next day and the technician was super nice and knowledgeable. They also were able to replace the broken parts and my microwave. Great Value!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My experience with Liberty Home Guard went above and beyond all expectations. They were very professional and handled everything in a timely manner. I would highly recommend their service to anyone. If I could give them 10 stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I just signed up with Liberty Home and the rep I spoke to did a good job of explaining the policy to me. We just bought this house and their ratings online were better than everyone else's. Pricing was a tad higher but I believe in "you get what you pay for".

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Liberty Home Guard helped me with a critical oven issue. I had a dinner party planned for the weekend and my oven stopped working on a Thursday. Liberty's team was able to dispatch Jonathan, a repairman who was super professional and competent. Jonathan was at my house repaired my oven before Friday night. Really happy. Highly recommend.

Liberty Home Guard Company Information