Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Microwaves
3.39/5

LG Microwaves

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Microwaves Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

Love the sensors that are inside to control the cooking of the unit, great for popcorn and re-heating. This microwave has the ability of re-heating a cup of coffee without giving it that burnt taste. We especially like the increased capacity of the inside of the oven itself, and like the way it fits under the cabinet over the stove and is vented to the outside.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I like how it's a touch screen. You just drag the bar with your finger. It's more effective than punching numbers. But, the microwave doesn't have a 5 seconds option so it's hard to cook your food at your desired temperature. Also, it's hard to keep it clean since so many girls uses it each day. I wish it was bigger so that more than one thing can be reheated since we eat a lot of leftovers or frozen meals.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I love the look of this microwave. My daughter bought it to replace my old one. It has so many functions and it works very well. I'm glad she got it for me. It gets the food really hot. I love LG products and this has not let me down. I would recommend this microwave to everyone.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This machine works great. The controls are versatile enabling the proper heating method for a wide variety of foods yet are simple and easy to use. It's stainless steel which looks great and is large enough to accept a medium size pizza and still compact enough for our countertop. It has a built-in toaster which is a plus that also saves counter space. I'm very happy with this microwave.

Original review: July 3, 2019

LG Microwave Mod# LMC0975ST/01. This microwave came with a very user friendly owners manual, that I like. Unlike my other microwaves this one has a hexagon rotating ring with six wheels for the glass tray to sit on. Plus the glass tray has glass bump outs on the bottom that fit into a bump out shaft on the microwave bottom. No more dislocated dishes falling or sliding off. This microwave has performed better than I expected and I have enjoyed using it from day one. It has all the usual programs like, Smart diagnosis, Auto cook, Auto reheat, Popcorn, Defrost, Power level, Cook time, Stop/clear, Start/enter, interrupted cooking.

There is a beautiful sleek smoke glass full front panel that will match any decor. I found the tip section on what to use, or not to use, when it comes to microwave-safe cookware very useful. There is also a Child Lock safety feature, and the sound signals are very audible on this microwave. There is a clock, Kitchen timer and a easy to use, slide touch timer. Don't forget to read the maintenance section. I found it very helpful. Limited warranty for Canada or the USA, is provided at the back and there is also a 1-800 number plus their website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The light bulbs on the bottom of my over the stove microwave get so hot that they are melting the plastic cover that surrounds them. A hole has been burnt right through the plastic. I finally just took the cover off as small bits of plastic were falling out of the cover on to the stove. Anyone else having this problem? Let me say that my microwave is about 8 years old but everything else works fine on it, just an issue with the overheating light bulbs.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased an over the range microwave in June 2019 but unfortunately it has already stopped working twice. Both times the microwave turns on and counts down the time but does not heat up. I would like to think it just a faulty microwave but our brand new LG refrigerator has leaked twice and caused thousands of dollars of damage to our neighbor below our condo. LG refuses to replace either appliance and insists on making the same repairs over and over again until it is deemed a "unfixable manufacturing defect". I will never buy LG appliances again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Purchased a LG 1.5 ft.³ smart inverter microwave oven in August 2019. Three weeks later the unit quit heating. I called LG customer support and was eventually told the magnetron was defective. I was told I could send the microwave back to LG and they would replace me with a brand new one. Not wanting to wait, I decided to return the microwave to Home Depot where it was purchased and was given a full refund. Because Home Depot‘s return policy includes a 90 day exchange or refund, I decided to purchase a different brand. The moral to this story is don’t wait on LG to refund, replace, or repair your appliance if it is newer than three months. Take it back to the store you bought it from instead. Far less stressful.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I purchased the GE LG microwave because of the high ratings given to it by consumer reporting agencies. I paid over $300 for a microwave that began to have operating problems soon after it was purchased. Several times, I unplugged and "rebooted" the machine and it would work fine for awhile. Finally, one month before the one year warranty expired, an F-3 sign and sound told me that something was wrong with the microwave. I contacted General Electric a total of three times and gave them all information requested. I was told that the purchase price would be refunded in full. It never was!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

LG countertop microwave oven completely quit working after 3 weeks. Customer Service said I could get a refund but it's now been over 3 months and no refund. I had to write 2 letters and make numerous phone calls - LG is a nightmare to deal with. Their customer service people are barely understandable over the phone, and they never follow up on any of my letters. I just emailed the company again and now they are asking for the same documentation already sent them. I had to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, and the New Mexico State Atty General. The next step will be to sue them in small claims court. This has been a huge waste of time and frustration. I will never purchase an LG product again - a very unprofessional corporation who do not honor their warranties.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a popular, top-rated technology company. It sells a range of electronics and appliances that span from cell phones to air conditioners. The company focuses on providing intuitive products.

• Charcoal lighting heater: The inner element combines with a charcoal filament to enhance the flavor of the dishes. This feature is available on some LG models.

• Temperature control: The grill that is included in some microwaves can be programmed in terms of temperature for a more controlled cook.

• Multifunction: These microwaves are able to grill, microwave or bake/roast with a convection heat.

• Lightwave technology: This special element creates food that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.

• Easy clean cooking: The special coating on the inside of the oven allows you to clean it with just a wet cloth.

• Best for: Commercial kitchens, small families, couples and large families. The multi-functionality of these microwaves makes them ideal for singles, families and professionals using them to create top-quality dishes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs