LG Microwaves

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Microwaves

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I have purchased a LG Microwave Oven model MS4266OBS from Good Guys in 2018. The following statement is printed on the glass door of the MW oven: "Smart Inverter Magnetron 10-year Warranty" - Please see the picture attached. It doesn't say either Part only warranty or Limited Warranty. My LG MW oven does not heat after 4 years. LG Customer support asked me to perform a quick test and they determined that the Magnetron is faulty and need to replace. They also told me that they do provide the part free of charge but I have to pay for the labour. When I mentioned what is printed on the glass door of the MW oven, they said I need to refer to the operations a manual that comes with the MW oven to get full details of the 10-year warranty and it's my faulty as I have not read the operations manual before making the purchase.

As per the advice received from the LG Australia Customer Services, LG EXPECTS ALL CUSTOMERS TO READ THE OPERATIONS MANUAL OF ANY LG APPLIANCE prior to buying them as what is written in the operations manual could be a clear contradiction of what is printed on the appliance. This is misleading the customers who trust what's written on the appliance to be accurate as per how it is written on the appliance. BE CAREFUL with this dodgy company, their dodgy products and customer service! It is not possible for anyone to read the operations manual of a product at a shop before you purchase it. I am not sure how these companies were allowed to operate in this kind of dodgy manner.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Looks great and working perfectly so far. Only complaint is no interior light while cooking. But I guess that’s actually a good thing! Is beautiful and installation was easy. Very pleased with our new LG over range microwave.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2021

My microwave is almost two years old... I only use it to warm leftovers or butter…short bursts only…today , I was melting 2 tablespoons of butter for a recipe and fire started shooting out from the right side.. There is burn marks on the whitish pad screwed to the side.. It made a horrible noise which made me look..only a few seconds, butter did not even melt.. I called my husband to come look… I reset it and pushed start..of course it not do it to show him… this happened last week to me also… What do I do now.. We have all LG appliances, I thought the microwave would be better than this…not 2 years old yet and used sparingly… Please advise…

Original review: June 21, 2021

Right after the 12 month warranty expired the microwave stopped working. We were lucky that we had a home warranty insurance so all I had to pay was $75. They had to replace the Magnetron, the fan and the fan blade. The LG service was good, however the microwave is not. Buy extended warranty. May be it will help.

Original review: April 27, 2021

We purchased an above range LG Microwave in Jan. 2021 and ask Lowe’s to install it. They were prompt to install it. It worked 2 days and would not heat. We waited a month for a service call, finally paid to get the new microwave repaired. Now on 2/24/21 it does not heat again. We are facing another long wait and additional expense. Do not buy this product!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Bought LG over the stove microwave on 11/10/20 at Home Depot in Homer Glen, IL. Model LMV2031. Serial 007TAMABC5. It's been running fine, really no problems until last week. When I turn the light on the glass covering the light gets so hot I can't touch. It also make the glass turn table inside the microwave so hot I needed a pot holder to take it out. The whole inside was hot. I'm afraid to use it because it might catch on fire. What can be done about this? **

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

In the summer of 2018, we spent nearly $4000 dollars on all new LG appliances. After around 2 years, the Microwave count down timer started to go in and out at times. We called LG and they said it was out of warranty. It has now completely failed which is disappointing since our last unit worked great for 15+ years. LG did help connect us to Warranty repair but they said that based on where we live, it is probably less expensive to buy a new one. In my opinion, this should last much longer and they should have a better warranty and customer service policy. Failing in 2 years is not long for an appliance you would expect to last more than 10 years.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Jason.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I purchased the microwave in 2018 and the mount at the top has fell apart and will not stay in place. I have had it serviced several times. It is a piece of junk. Wish I had never bought it!

LG Microwaves response

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Bought LG Microwave about 1 yr ago. Loved it until it just died today. My last microwave was worked for over 15 years and was still working when I replaced it with the LG so it would match my kitchen appliances. Wish I had my old one back.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Carol. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I bought the whole set. Gas convection oven, dishwasher, big refrigerator and the microwave for my new home. It didn’t last even a year. LG said yes they will fix it. Months later, nope. Now I have a useless appliance and wasted money. My $25 Hamilton Beach is going strong 3 years later. I don’t recommend doing business with this company or Home Depot.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Shawna. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a popular technology company that sells a range of electronics and appliances that span from cell phones to air conditioners. The company focuses on providing intuitive products.

• Charcoal lighting heater: The inner element combines with a charcoal filament to enhance the flavor of the dishes. This feature is available on some LG models.

• Temperature control: The grill that is included in some microwaves can be programmed in terms of temperature for a more controlled cook.

• Multifunction: These microwaves are able to grill, microwave or bake/roast with a convection heat.

• Lightwave technology: This special element creates food that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.

• Easy clean cooking: The special coating on the inside of the oven allows you to clean it with just a wet cloth.

LG Microwaves Company Information