1.26/5
Based on 141 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

LG Microwaves

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 26, 2017

188 LG Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Needing service on TWO LG APPLIANCES BOUGHT FROM HOME DEPOT. Since Sept. 7 very slow to respond. Compressor on LG went out after 4 years (we are only here 4 months a year). Not acceptable. Microwave vent not working and now no sound for buttons and no signal for end of program. I will NEVER BUY AN LG appliance again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I want everyone to know how LG handles their "two year warranties". My unit was in use for 9 months before dying. Oh and this is not the first problem I have had with other LG products. So, HERE is the email they sent me today after spending a tremendous amount of time on the phone with them already. Anyone that knows me knows that I DON'T have time.

"We are sorry to learn that you recently experienced a service problem with your LG Product. In an effort to demonstrate our concern, we are offering you reimbursement equal to the original purchase price as shown on your sales receipt. This reimbursement certificate is valid for ninety (90) days from the above date. In order to receive your reimbursement, please carefully follow the below instructions. 1. Purchase a new LG Microwave product from an authorized retailer within the next ninety (90) days. 2. Remove all of the manufacturer's model/serial number label(s) from the back of the old unit, tear/cut in half, and affix each half separately to this letter below. 3. Please upload a copy of this signed letter along with torn labels to the link provided."

"Once we have received your letter with the copy of the new unit's receipt and attached label(s), we will validate/process your claim and issue a check. Please allow a processing time of 2-4 weeks from our receipt of the above items. LG is committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and once again we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced while your LG product was out of service. By signing this letter and including a scanned copy of the manufacturer's model/serial number label(s), you confirm that you are the authorized owner/user of this product. You also acknowledge that upon receiving your reimbursement you will properly dispose of the old unit compliant with local law and EPA regulations. Further, you agree to save and indemnify LG of and from any and all expense arising from the use and improper disposal of the old unit."

So, everyone needs to know that THEY WILL GO THROUGH THIS IF THEY BUY AN LG PRODUCT. THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FORCE ME TO GO BUY ANOTHER LG BEFORE REFUNDING and if I did do that, which I won't (!!!) I am absolutely sure they will find some error and say they never received it and that will be the end of that. BUYER BEWARE.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Had microwave for around 11 months. Glass started to peel on the inside manufacture defect. Contacted LG numerous times sent pictures. Pictures of receipt and delivery receipt first they were going to send me a box and return it then they change their mind and said that before they could give me a refund because they don't repair countertop microwaves. They said first I had to buy a new LG microwave then send them pictures of the old labels cut or destroyed. Of the old microwave then they would give me refund. I proceeded to tell them that I did not want to buy another LG microwave because I thought they were crap and I should not have to buy another of their products. That didn't go over so well.

All I wanted was the microwave to be repaired or replaced. I will not be forced to buy another one of their products. I already have the stove and refrigerator that had to be repaired five times in the first year. Part of a company's integrity is stand behind their product when something goes wrong and not forcing you to buy their product but instead encourage you to buy their product again by the service you received when something goes wrong. Now all I can think of is going to college for 8 years to become a lawyer to sue LG over their refund and return policies. But in reality will probably just use their piece of crap microwave for target practice to cite in my rifle.

Original review: July 18, 2017

LG over the stove microwave caught fire while not even in use. Flames coming out of vents across the top of unit. l have reached out to LG numerous times. Spoke to liability agent once and was virtually dismissed because I had hired a claims adjuster which had zero to do with LG. All I wanted from LG was my homeowners' insurance deductible. Now that my ins. claim is settled, I have called LG, was given liability agent Tim **'s direct line by a supervisor. I have left him two messages; but he has not returned my calls. I will update this review soon.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have a LG microwave model SolarDOM. It was not working. Called the technician. Opened the oven and looked at it. That's all he could do. He was not competent or trained to do more. Asked to take it to LG service center in Trivandrum, India. The technician in the center dropped the oven. Called me to pick up the oven. When I took it home, the front glass was again broken. They didn't say a word. I recommend not to buy LG products in Trivandrum, as there are no honest customer service centers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: June 22, 2017

The unit is 2.5 years old. Over-the-Range stainless model LMV1683ST. All of a sudden, it just stopped working, and the issue is the magnetron tube. I figured somewhere between $75 & $90 for the part and another $60-$80 for a service call. This is not a do-it-yourself project. The unit isn't worth it. This unit gets minimum use - maybe once a day to reheat coffee for a single person. I had a GE that lasted more than 12 years. I never should have purchased an LG product. I always thought they were a quality brand until I read the reviews on this site. Oy! It's clear that the product is marginal at best. Had I done my due diligence and checked this site before the purchase, I could have saved myself this headache.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We are doing a kitchen remodel, I purchased an LG refrigerator (dented), oven, and microwave. The microwave also had a dent so J.C. Penney discounted it. We installed it and the door scrapes horribly when it opens and closes. We called J.C. Penney whose automated service directed us to LG tech support, after about 1.5 hrs phone time they set a service call. The service tech arrived and determined the unit was irreparable, structural damage. I called LG for follow up, the operator couldn't figure out the notes, I had him read them back to me and stopped him where it stated, not repairable. I had to send pictures and a copy of the receipt that were already sent by the repair tech. After multiple hours on the phone I finally got a CNN number For a defective return. They said they will call me to arrange delivery.

A week goes by and nothing. I called back and spoke with Alexander, he re-reviewed, Sorry, nothing we can do. I escalated to his supervisor, Willie who made it clear that I was bothering him and stated, "I will not cover anything on this unit, go back to J.C. Penney." Now the unit is not heating correctly, waiting for the repair tech again. What a BAD!, experience. I will NEVER! buy another LG product.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I have all LG products. Fridge ice maker went out 3 times in a year then 4th time at 18 months. So no ice maker the last year or so. Now today I lost my microwave (lmhm2237st). Just stopped working at 18 months old. LG said pay for an extended warranty for like $360 when the microwave is only like $400. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. My GE honestly last 16 years. My LG a little over a year. What a scam. I will never buy a LG again in my life.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We purchased this LG LMV2031JT microwave along with LG fridge, convection stove, dishwasher around June 2015 as part of a complete kitchen remodel. (sound familiar?) The microwave now won't finish cooking a tv dinner. It will warm something up short duration but after about 3 minutes it just won't heat anymore. Place where we bought it said it might be cheaper to just replace it. :( Wow, bought LG because of supposed quality. LG says to call a service company to repair or buy their additional warranty. I bought it because it should be a quality product, not needing an extended warranty!!! Gal I talked to was nice but foreign. Now I will probably have 3 LG products and an off brand microwave as I will not ever buy another LG product. What a joke.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Made the mistake of purchasing a LG microwave as a Christmas gift. They left the mounting templates out of the box. I called first on 12/26/16 to get them sent out to me. Was supposed to arrive in 7-10 days. Doesn't show up. Call again 1/12/17. Same thing - never shows up. Call back again 2/12/17 - still nothing. Call back again 3/1/17 and was told a simple paper wall template is on back order till 3/17/17. They are a JOKE! If I attempt to install without the templates and mismeasure... It's my cabinets with unnecessary holes. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

LG microwave dead at 18 months!! I bought an LG kitchen suite. I decided to go with the pricier microwave which looked good and had cool features expecting at least 5 years of function. I bought Model#: LMHM2237ST. It just died one day, no clock, no lights, no power, nothing. Called LG, it is out of warranty period. LG sends me warranty extension offers so frequently for all the appliances but now I understand why. At this point I cannot recommend LG to anyone. Disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Purchased several major appliances at once from Best Buy. All LG products. The microwave did not work right out the box!!! LG refused to replace it but would send a repair person out. Took a week to get an appointment. Had to take a half a day off to be home during their appointment window. Repair guy didn't show up until 10:00 pm at my house. Replaced a part and left. Next day microwave still broke! Keep in mind it hasn't worked out of the box.

I called LG and once again asked them to replace it and they refused and offered to send the same useless repair service out again. If I took off another half day. I now would have lost more money than the microwave cost! Keep in mind it has never worked!!! I filed a complaint with the BBB and they answered basically that I was not getting the unit replaced. I also filed a complaint with the State attorney general's office which I have not heard back from yet. If you want to know about LG's customer service go to LG Electronics facebook page and read the horror stories posted by LG owners!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Had microwave installed. All went well until we tried to plug it in. The power cord is about a foot shorter than the old microwave and would not reach the outlet. Called LG, customer service, and they had no solution. They even told me told me to not use an extension cord. So now what LG?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I replaced a whirlpool microwave with the LG. Had to have repairs after the warranty ran out. The whirlpool was 14 years old and never had a problem. Only thing good about LG service is that the quoted price was what I paid even though they replaced 3 major components. Oh, if you haven't had stainless steel appliances, they show every little fingerprint and spatter. If I had known this I would have stayed with painted surfaces.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Door is hard to open/close. The vent light went out quickly and the part that the bulb screws into, crumbled so I am lightless. The glass rack that slides sideways is hard to replace after washing and it bangs and rattles until after 20 tries you get it right! You have to be sooo careful when open/closing to not spill because of the jarring. I quit taking the glass tray out to clean and spot wash because of the difficulty resetting it. I really NEED a light over my stove and this microwave has a bad fixture on it, so no light!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My LG died after barely a year of light service (one person household). It was not easy to use: no automatic 30-second or one minute button. It was impossible to see what was inside while operating. It was black (which I thought would not show wear) but it actually highlighted fingerprints. Also, it was noisy. There were no redeeming features. I bought it because it had a high rating on a list online. I replaced it with a GE and have been delighted. None of the difficulties I experienced with LG are present with the GE. LG should be ashamed of their product. It is substandard in every way.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Microwave light randomly goes on and I have to climb up and unplug it to stop the light from randomly turning off and on. The same goes for the fan. Had a GE before that had many more features for less money. LG overpriced for what you get.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I haven't had the microwave a year yet. Started smelling an electrical smell inside the microwave. Any food or liquid starts to smoke with a bad chemical smell. This was not steam! Unplugged for fire hazard and biohazard reasons. No longer using. Not worth repairing. Junk!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Purchased OTC convection oven and I am on the second one with issues. This one comes up with codes F1 after 1st use. 1st unit did not operate at all. Today is 12/29/2016. I am now awaiting a repair response from LG. I will not buy another LG product.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I purchased a LG Microwave, Model# LCS2045WBK/00, Serial # 509TAPEA7432 about a year ago. Always heard great things about LG products, so I spent the $200.00 and bought it. I loved it, but just yesterday it starts, then shuts off and after about 30 seconds it will start up again and shut down. I wouldn't mind if I only paid 80.00 dollars, but I paid 200.00 and expected I wouldn't have a problem considering all the good things I heard about LG's products. Is there a recall on this model??? I'm so disappointed and will never buy another LG product again. I will also tell anyone who needs any kind of appliance to not buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We had this microwave for a few months and it started tripping the breaker. We had the breaker and all the electrical parts checked - nothing. We called to have it checked and repaired. They replaced a couple of parts in the unit - it still would trip the breaker. Called again and told them to replace the whole thing. Got a new microwave - and every now and then it will trip the breaker. Our old microwave NEVER tripped the breaker or had any issues with it, we only replaced it because we were remodeling our kitchen with all new appliances.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The handle broke on the built-in microwave making it virtually unusable. Came with the house, only 5 years old and can't get a replacement handle. I would never buy any LG appliance because they are **. Very unhappy. The fridge we have has had a problem as well.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I purchase my old LG Microwave Oven Model MVI680ST at Home Depot 2 years ago. The door handle broke. The frame is falling apart in pieces. Have pictures and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. A representative named Mike was very nice but he's just following orders from chief of command. He said I should contact a service place to have this fixed because it's over a year old of purchase so no warranty. He gave me Ref# ** and case would be submitted to tech. I'm completely unsatisfied after my experience and my neighbor too with her refrigerator she purchase within 9 months started giving her problems. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!! After this experience will go back to appliances GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

The control panel will not light up. Only the time clock and cooking time. Customer service was very nice in helping me, but the Microwave is not made for you to see the panel. Even with bright kitchen light it is difficult to use. I was told only about 4 models light up. I will go back to other tried and true companies. It does not make sense if you can't see to use it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Our two month old LG Microwave Oven Model LCS1112ST "bit the dust" yesterday and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. After jumping through all the hoops sending them a receipt, proof of damage, etc., I was expecting my $ back since it had a "one year warranty". I received an e-mail saying in order to process my claim, I had to buy another LG microwave before they would consider any refund. Completely unsatisfied with this nonsense, I called and spoke to a gentleman that passed me on to supposedly the supervisor. She said that we were to send a letter explaining why we bought a GE microwave instead of an LG microwave along with additional documentation. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

The microwave has lost power twice within the last several months, making it so we could not cook because we depend on the FAN for EXHAUST. The microwave is 10 months old and every time I call LG, I am transferred out of country - impossible to understand or communicate. NEVER AGAIN! Please save yourself the headache and find another brand - one where the company stands behind its product and actually cares.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I had my LG microwave for three years or so and my wife was cleaning it gently with Windex (to get the grease off of it since it was also a range hood), when it stopped working completely. Be aware, LG and other uncool companies are making products that cannot be cleaned. It's sort of like buying a car that can't be waxed. It pretty much makes you never want to give their lousy company a dime again. I then bought a touch strip from an appliance repair site for cheap and repaired it myself. We now keep it in the garage (it's huge!), but at least we didn't lose the whole $1000 investment. There are videos on YouTube that will help you do that. However, my main point is that you should never buy LG products. I know I never will again. I won't even buy parts from them. That's what they want you to do!

Original review: July 15, 2016

We have lived in our house for 36 years and have had several micro-waves. Never had a problem reading the control panel before. With this LG, we have to keep a flashlight next to it so we can read the control panel. This is UNBELIEVABLE that they could design something with a flaw this bad. This is model LCRT1513. If they design something this bad, I will never buy an LG product again.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I purchased an over the range LG microwave from Home Depot. It was a reduced price display model, which I guess should have told me that it was a waste of money. Within a year, it stopped working four times (two of these times were within two days of each other). Since it was covered by the one year warranty, it didn't cost me anything, but it was frustrating to be without a microwave while waiting for it to be serviced. THEN... after the warranty expired, it stopped heating on two more occasions. Now, LG state that it would be $160 to have a technician come out to diagnose the problem.

I think a microwave that needs servicing six times in such a short period should have been replaced, but LG thinks I should just start paying the $160 per call out for the same, reoccurring problem. I spoke to a supervisor at headquarters who was very unhelpful and told me that the company should not have helped me as much as they did because it was a display model and its history was unknown. She was very combative and arrogant and probably doesn't even realize that she lacks even basic customer services skills and is in need of training. My only consolation is that she is a consumer too, and the same way she treated me, she will be treated at some point in her life. Further, I know now not to purchase another LG product. Hopefully I can save someone else from wasting their money on LG products like I did.

Original review: June 30, 2016

We did a remodel and purchased the microwave LMH2237, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator (ALL LG) - purchased in August 2015. All of the appliances were stored in the garage while the kitchen construction took place so nothing was installed until November 2015. These appliances are basically less than 7 months old and the microwave went out last night as I was defrosting and then turned on the fan. We checked our electrical panel but it was not the issue. I cannot believe I have to take a day off of work to wait for service to fix an item that has barely been used. DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT purchase the LG Microwave hood with fan - this model was made in China in July 2015. In fact, ALL AMERICANS should STOP buying crap made overseas and show these corporate greedy monglers that we will not buy crap!!!

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a popular, top-rated technology company. It sells a range of electronics and appliances that span from cell phones to air conditioners. The company focuses on providing intuitive products.

• Charcoal lighting heater: The inner element combines with a charcoal filament to enhance the flavor of the dishes. This feature is available on some LG models.
    • Temperature control: The grill that is included in some microwaves can be programmed in terms of temperature for a more controlled cook.
    • Multifunction: These microwaves are able to grill, microwave or bake/roast with a convection heat.
    • Lightwave technology: This special element creates food that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
    • Easy clean cooking: The special coating on the inside of the oven allows you to clean it with just a wet cloth.
    • Best for: Commercial kitchens, small families, couples and large families. The multi-functionality of these microwaves makes them ideal for singles, families and professionals using them to create top-quality dishes.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs