Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Microwaves
3.33/5

LG Microwaves

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

237 LG Microwaves Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

We purchased our first one at Best Buy. The capacity is very large. We sold our house after five years. We were so happy with the microwave. When we built a new house we purchased the exact same one. We are still using the same microwave after four years and still love it.

Original review: July 14, 2019

My LG over range microwave oven has an extremely nice appearance. It is medium size and has a turntable. It also has a powerful vent fan with a stainless steel filter. My wife & I use it every day. It is the best microwave oven we ever purchased. I recommend this product.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I love the look of this microwave. My daughter bought it to replace my old one. It has so many functions and it works very well. I'm glad she got it for me. It gets the food really hot. I love LG products and this has not let me down. I would recommend this microwave to everyone.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This machine works great. The controls are versatile enabling the proper heating method for a wide variety of foods yet are simple and easy to use. It's stainless steel which looks great and is large enough to accept a medium size pizza and still compact enough for our countertop. It has a built-in toaster which is a plus that also saves counter space. I'm very happy with this microwave.

Original review: July 3, 2019

LG Microwave Mod# LMC0975ST/01. This microwave came with a very user friendly owners manual, that I like. Unlike my other microwaves this one has a hexagon rotating ring with six wheels for the glass tray to sit on. Plus the glass tray has glass bump outs on the bottom that fit into a bump out shaft on the microwave bottom. No more dislocated dishes falling or sliding off. This microwave has performed better than I expected and I have enjoyed using it from day one. It has all the usual programs like, Smart diagnosis, Auto cook, Auto reheat, Popcorn, Defrost, Power level, Cook time, Stop/clear, Start/enter, interrupted cooking.

There is a beautiful sleek smoke glass full front panel that will match any decor. I found the tip section on what to use, or not to use, when it comes to microwave-safe cookware very useful. There is also a Child Lock safety feature, and the sound signals are very audible on this microwave. There is a clock, Kitchen timer and a easy to use, slide touch timer. Don't forget to read the maintenance section. I found it very helpful. Limited warranty for Canada or the USA, is provided at the back and there is also a 1-800 number plus their website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Purchased this microwave February 2015. Have had several electrical problems. Circuit board shorted out, micron blew out, the sliding door for the exhaust fan broke and had to be repaired. It takes forever to receive replacement parts. Will never buy another LG microwave.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I cooked below the microwave. The steam and heat from cooking and combined with cooking in the microwave has crumbled the plastic that secures the lower handle. It is now taped on. A new door is 260 dollars. I can't afford that. What good is a microwave if you can't use it? Really!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Easy to use, looks and works great. Very easy to keep clean and has delay and lighting features. What else can I say except I love my LG microwave. Hope this works for you as there is just so many words you can use to describe a microwave.

Original review: July 11, 2019

When choosing LG products you don’t have to think twice before buying them because you know you are purchasing quality that is at affordable and reasonable prices. The main benefit I think is their quick after-sales service if by chance some problem arises...

Original review: July 10, 2019

The machine looks great and works well. The only problems we have had thus far is the light inside burned out and it's beginning to develop a hot spot. However, it is 8 years old so that is not surprising.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I love LG products. The microwave works and looks great. I just don't understand why they have to charge so much money for them. I wouldn't recommend buying an LG product right away when it comes out. Wait for them to go on sale. You'll be glad you did.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Purchased our LG microwave about 10 months ago to replace a GE dinosaur. The LG is sleek looking, powerful, loaded with easy features and most importantly, quiet and the alert when it's ready is almost pleasant.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought this to replace a Samsung. I was unhappy with the Samsung but it came with my house. This LG has been a daily workhorse. Never a problem. The only downside is that the keyboard doesn't light up.

Original review: July 7, 2019

LG's black stainless steel microwaves are gorgeous. Functionality and ease of use is great. It also cooks well inside not just top of food hot. Downside is how easy to leave fingerprints. Price is a little high, but when you get a bundle of appliances, it is reasonable.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I really like this microwave. It is great because it allows you to easily set the microwave to multiple power settings and times intuitively. Many microwaves that I see do not allow this, or only in limited capacities.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I love our microwave. The only thing I don't really like is you have to run the potatoes twice in order for them to be done. I think that they have made great improvements since the first one we got. I love it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I purchased the microwave a year ago and it works great and warms up food evenly. I clean it easily. It looks brand new inside and outside. The color I have is black with some chrome linings and inside it's beige.

Original review: July 2, 2019

The control panel is poorly lit and very difficult to see. The panel is both inside and outside the door. Confusing and literally impossible to see. You finally get used to just guessing what is what it cooks fine but don’t try to read the panel without getting the manual out.

Original review: July 1, 2019

The micro is good. The front of the fan tray is broken because of the heat. It appears as steel but it is plastic. There is no way to fix it without buying a new unit. I called the homeowners insurance. The technician said that nothing can be done. This microwave costs $375 plus $135 for installation. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 4, 2019

On Jan. 18, 2019 we purchased the above referenced microwave. It never worked when we brought it home, and Best Buy stepped up and just let us trade the non-working one for one that did work. Now, less than 3 months later, the machine stopped working overnight--lights and turntable work, but no heat or cooking is generated. Working with LG customer service warranty department is a nightmare.

The customer service staff is very difficult to understand, when you are transferred to another department, there are very long wait times to connect, and instead of having it repaired locally, LG wanted me to pack it up and mail it to them. I have had LG equipment in the past and been satisfied. However, after this fiasco I will never buy another from them. All this hassle on top of not having a working microwave. My hope is that they will just pay me the purchase cost and let me get on with my life with a different brand. The customer service department and website are not user friendly at all.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I picked up 2 LG stainless steel above range microwaves that were both used, very attractive looking models, 1 was purchased 1 week before the other from different places and they both have the exact same cracked door. The door cracks on the side by the handle just below the arm that locks in place exits the frame. This has to be happening to every single one made since I got 2 in 2 weeks.

For all of those who picked out all brand new LG products for their choice of appliances I have to ask if they would have chosen them if the name was Gold Star? Remember that terrible low quality manufacturer from the 1990s that made complete junk? Well it's the same company that changed their name around 2000 to LG! How about that! Did you know this? Of course you didn't or you never would have considered LG for anything especially to be your brand for all your major appliances. Sometimes you need to research companies before you buy them. New names like Samsung, LG, Daewoo, Funia, Symphony, Orion, Oritron, iHome, Emerson, Visio, Trutech, Durabrand, Insignia, etc...

All have some background, while some of these brands may make 1 or 2 good items, Funia is 1 of the largest manufacturers of all products made in China (kinda like a Mitsubishi or Sony in their own right) that actually makes products for dozens of companies including Sony and a long list of their own sub-companies plus for their own brand name as well. You would be surprised to know just how many other brands they provide parts for. Yet most would pick a Samsung over Funai any day of the week, just to pay more for something that's probably not even better or maybe even inferior to a Funai brand item.

Funai has been around forever like Matsushita, Nakamichi, Sony, Yamaha, Mitsubishi, Matsubara, Akia, Awai, Nippon, JVC, and other Asian companies who have all made good stuff at one time but their parent companies have changed as the names are sold to larger conglomerates who names are never shown on their products. Most recently Samsung bought out the Harmon Group which has been making top notch audio gear for generations. Infinity, JBL, Harmon Kardon, Crown and others will no longer be what they once were, this happened 2 years ago and if you haven't noticed yet these companies are not winning any high praise from the groups that once held them as top in their field. This is why it's important to know who really makes the stuff you buy.

Samsung is a maker of junk, plain and simple. They bought Harmon to try and get their foot in the door on car audio electronics and have really no other interest in continuing making high end audio, they will try to phase them out and apply their own brand name audio which will follow along their same disposable electronics junk they have shown to make in the past. You will see nothing impressive coming from them, all flash and bells and whistles. More plastic molded stuff like they're used to making and they will market it for those who will fall for it. Looks definitely aren't everything when it come to electronics, but many will learn the hard way. As most who bought LG did!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had purchased LG-MICROWAVE MJ3296BFT on dated 9th Nov 2018 from National Videos Sector 20 Panchkula. It's burnt out second time in 3 months. The product itself has some fault but technical team keep sending technicians to fix it. They need to fix the issue rather than fixing the product each month. I raised my second complaint # **. The first time it was repaired on dated 31st Jan 2019. Now they are ignoring my calls and wasting my time. I had a talk with Mr. ** and Mrs. Bhavna **. But they are not interested to resolve my issue because their product is SOLD and now it is a big headache for me.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We bought the LG countertop Microwave (Model LCRT2010) at Best Buy. We usually purchase an extended warranty whenever we buy appliances, but for some reason did not this time. A few nights ago, everything cooked just fine, but when I tried to warm some cooled food, I noticed that it didn’t seem to be any hotter. Sure enough the next day it wasn’t warming the food. It’s two years and 9 months old. For God’s sake! An appliance should work longer than this! I guess those little children in China just can’t make a product like our ancestors used to. LG, never again. How are you even in business??

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We purchased LG microwave oven that failed approximately 4 months into the warranty period. The warranty reads that “LG will, at it’s option, will repair or replace the Product“. LG’s policy apparently is not to do either of these things for countertop microwaves. They refused to repair or replace the unit, but suggested that we purchase another unit. They did in fact refund the original price of the unit, but now the unit could only be purchased for $30.00 more. As the request of a customer service agent we submitted the new receipt indicating that a price adjustment would be given.

Long story short, not only did we have to do the leg work and go out and find another unit, we have had to absorb the difference in the price. DO NOT BELIEVE THE WARRANTY! Had we known that we couldn’t trust the warranty and the customer service agent, we would have chosen another brand of microwave. Although we have purchased other LG appliances (TVs, dishwashers etc) we will not make that mistake again!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I received my LG Microwave with Smart Inverter December 2017. My only complaint was that on rare occasions it didn't seem to work at full power. However, one day my son put something in it and turned to walk away and heard a sparking sound. When he turned around there were flames coming from the small metal panel on the right inside wall. He turned it off and took out the food and there seemed to be a hole in the panel. We didn't know if it would work anymore and didn't want to try for fear of fire.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Bought this unit in Feb 2016 from Best Buy for $116.00 and yesterday, 3 Jan 2019, it died. Never again with LG. Quite the appointment as the older ones lasted some 12 years and it was not a name brand unit.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchase this microwave for $116.00 at Home Depot. It is 3 days over the 1 year manufacturer warranty and last night it started sparking and there are burnt spots on the inside! Only 2 people have ever used this appliance, it's been kept clean and properly used. I will never buy an LG again!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've had this LG model LMV1683ST microwave under 2 years. I had my house remodeled by a contractor and spent $13,000 for new appliances. They choose LG for Refrigerator dishwasher stove and microwave. Then after 2 years later it suddenly started to making sparks and flames from one of the shelf hooks in the microwave started. If hadn’t been there in time, it had all the makings of a major catastrophe and burning down my home. I removed the metal shelf thinking that was the issue, but it was not. It happened again, and this time I unplugged the unit, and I'm at the point of removing it from my wall and tossing in trash. When it comes to LG customer support or Technical support even executive services they’re useless.

I’ve been trying now for weeks to get this resolved and get a replacement but as of yet there’s no resolution sight. I don’t trust this unit even if it’s repaired. Microwaves are not supposed suddenly burst into flames. I asked customer support if they would want this defective unit their home. Reply no. So then they’re saying it’s ok for a consumer to have it their home and risk harm to their family. As stated before. LG says their initials stand for Life's Good. Should be Looking Grievous. Or LNG Life’s Not Good.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Following in quotes is my last communication to LG about the warranty claim for my over-the-range microwave. Following their second opinion mentioned in the communication they finally replaced the unit. Honestly I have a house full of LG appliances and electronics and all in all I’m happy with them all but if my warranty experience is anything like standard, I hope your product never breaks. The following stands as my review:

“I have a warranty claim for a $189 over the range microwave that’s been going on since 7/11 with 6 repair visits and another scheduled for 9/21. Everything has been replaced at least twice and some things 4 times and it still doesn’t work and still, regardless of my begging including a desperate letter to the company president, you refuse to replace the unit. Your last reply was that my request was denied and you were seeking a second opinion. Turns out it’s from the same repair company who have already sent two different technicians. Love your products. HATE your warranty service. Case **. Service costs listed on visit receipts exceed $1,700. Seems a bit much for a $189 unit. PLEASE HELP!!!”

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Just removed our kitchen last year. We brought this microwave in Aug 2017. Only lasted 14 months. One day was heating a biscuit, it started popping smell like wires were burning. Now it doesn't heat. Was told $125.00 just to come out. If it took longer than 15 minute to repair it would be another $65.00 up to $175.00. We decided that buying another brand would be better for us. We will never again buy a LG product. Our other microwave is a GE Profile and is over 7 years old and never had any problems. I wish I would have done a better job checking out LG appliances.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a popular, top-rated technology company. It sells a range of electronics and appliances that span from cell phones to air conditioners. The company focuses on providing intuitive products.

• Charcoal lighting heater: The inner element combines with a charcoal filament to enhance the flavor of the dishes. This feature is available on some LG models.

• Temperature control: The grill that is included in some microwaves can be programmed in terms of temperature for a more controlled cook.

• Multifunction: These microwaves are able to grill, microwave or bake/roast with a convection heat.

• Lightwave technology: This special element creates food that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.

• Easy clean cooking: The special coating on the inside of the oven allows you to clean it with just a wet cloth.

• Best for: Commercial kitchens, small families, couples and large families. The multi-functionality of these microwaves makes them ideal for singles, families and professionals using them to create top-quality dishes.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs