LG Microwaves

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchase my old LG Microwave Oven Model MVI680ST at Home Depot 2 years ago. The door handle broke. The frame is falling apart in pieces. Have pictures and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. A representative named Mike was very nice but he's just following orders from chief of command. He said I should contact a service place to have this fixed because it's over a year old of purchase so no warranty. He gave me Ref# ** and case would be submitted to tech. I'm completely unsatisfied after my experience and my neighbor too with her refrigerator she purchase within 9 months started giving her problems. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!! After this experience will go back to appliances GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire.

The control panel will not light up. Only the time clock and cooking time. Customer service was very nice in helping me, but the Microwave is not made for you to see the panel. Even with bright kitchen light it is difficult to use. I was told only about 4 models light up. I will go back to other tried and true companies. It does not make sense if you can't see to use it.

Our two month old LG Microwave Oven Model LCS1112ST "bit the dust" yesterday and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. After jumping through all the hoops sending them a receipt, proof of damage, etc., I was expecting my $ back since it had a "one year warranty". I received an e-mail saying in order to process my claim, I had to buy another LG microwave before they would consider any refund. Completely unsatisfied with this nonsense, I called and spoke to a gentleman that passed me on to supposedly the supervisor. She said that we were to send a letter explaining why we bought a GE microwave instead of an LG microwave along with additional documentation. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!!

The microwave has lost power twice within the last several months, making it so we could not cook because we depend on the FAN for EXHAUST. The microwave is 10 months old and every time I call LG, I am transferred out of country - impossible to understand or communicate. NEVER AGAIN! Please save yourself the headache and find another brand - one where the company stands behind its product and actually cares.

I had my LG microwave for three years or so and my wife was cleaning it gently with Windex (to get the grease off of it since it was also a range hood), when it stopped working completely. Be aware, LG and other uncool companies are making products that cannot be cleaned. It's sort of like buying a car that can't be waxed. It pretty much makes you never want to give their lousy company a dime again. I then bought a touch strip from an appliance repair site for cheap and repaired it myself. We now keep it in the garage (it's huge!), but at least we didn't lose the whole $1000 investment. There are videos on YouTube that will help you do that. However, my main point is that you should never buy LG products. I know I never will again. I won't even buy parts from them. That's what they want you to do!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

We have lived in our house for 36 years and have had several micro-waves. Never had a problem reading the control panel before. With this LG, we have to keep a flashlight next to it so we can read the control panel. This is UNBELIEVABLE that they could design something with a flaw this bad. This is model LCRT1513. If they design something this bad, I will never buy an LG product again.

I purchased an over the range LG microwave from Home Depot. It was a reduced price display model, which I guess should have told me that it was a waste of money. Within a year, it stopped working four times (two of these times were within two days of each other). Since it was covered by the one year warranty, it didn't cost me anything, but it was frustrating to be without a microwave while waiting for it to be serviced. THEN... after the warranty expired, it stopped heating on two more occasions. Now, LG state that it would be $160 to have a technician come out to diagnose the problem.

I think a microwave that needs servicing six times in such a short period should have been replaced, but LG thinks I should just start paying the $160 per call out for the same, reoccurring problem. I spoke to a supervisor at headquarters who was very unhelpful and told me that the company should not have helped me as much as they did because it was a display model and its history was unknown. She was very combative and arrogant and probably doesn't even realize that she lacks even basic customer services skills and is in need of training. My only consolation is that she is a consumer too, and the same way she treated me, she will be treated at some point in her life. Further, I know now not to purchase another LG product. Hopefully I can save someone else from wasting their money on LG products like I did.

We did a remodel and purchased the microwave LMH2237, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator (ALL LG) - purchased in August 2015. All of the appliances were stored in the garage while the kitchen construction took place so nothing was installed until November 2015. These appliances are basically less than 7 months old and the microwave went out last night as I was defrosting and then turned on the fan. We checked our electrical panel but it was not the issue. I cannot believe I have to take a day off of work to wait for service to fix an item that has barely been used. DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT purchase the LG Microwave hood with fan - this model was made in China in July 2015. In fact, ALL AMERICANS should STOP buying crap made overseas and show these corporate greedy monglers that we will not buy crap!!!

Few days after purchasing LMHM2017ST, we would hear a squeaky noise from the turntable when on. It seemed just slightly bothersome then and so live with it.

A few months later, numbers on the touch keypad stopped working one by one. Now most of them don't work. Also many other buttons are not working. The fan and light buttons are also not working causing these features not be available anymore. Next, another issue cropped up - the microwave switches on, on its own, as soon as the door is opened. So there are now multiple problems in a short duration of gentle use.

I called LG customer service but they offered to send someone to fix these issues for a charge of $185 + tax. They would give only 60 days warranty and only on the services performed. They will not guarantee on anything else. It seems they know that there can arise even more problems in future. I bought this microwave because it looked good but other than that it turned out to be a crappy and expensive unit (over $500). I will not buy anything LG in future.

We purchased a microhood at Menards on 04/16/2016. It was to replace a GE microwave which had been over the stove for a number of years. This LG microhood worked for 3 weeks and when I put vegetables in to reheat one day it just didn't heat. I talked to Menards and they said it was up to me to contact LG warranty issues. Trying to understand foreigners is extremely aggravating. Why doesn't anyone keep the jobs in the USA anymore? He had me unplug the microhood to reset it and when that didn't work, tried to find someone to repair it. He was unsuccessful finding a business to work on this product. So now I am stuck waiting for repair scheduling to contact me in a number of days. I need this microwave now!

As far as I am concerned this company no longer exists. I am looking at having to purchase a new washer and kitchen range within the next little while and it will not be an LG. My husband works at a car manufacturer where hundreds of people work and we are going to make sure other employees are forewarned about this company. We certainly never expected to get less than a month's use from an LG product.

DANGEROUS MICROWAVE! Not even a year old and some interior paint chipped after approx. 6 mos. of this brand new LG Microwave. It caused sparking and smelled like something was burning. It more than likely could have caught fire if I didn't catch it right away by pressing "Stop" on the control panel. There was exposed metal inside around the door area where the paint chipped. I didn't return it cause I lost the receipt (I have bank info cause I paid with my Debit Card). I never purchase insurance cause I have been ripped off so much with that. I can't afford to buy another microwave so I put some appliance paint on the chipped area let it dry overnight. It did work, however a few months later it chipped and again MORE SPARKING in a different area. Repeated the process with the appliance paint and again it worked. Shouldn't have to worry about this. I don't walk away when using this microwave cause it's DANGEROUS!

I was also unhappy with this LG Microwave due to it being LOUD, HARD TO SEE CONTROL PANEL, COOKS VERY HOT (OVERCOOKS USING THE CONTROL PANELS TIMED COOKING & TEMP eg... Potatoes, Popcorn etc. I did read reviews prior to purchasing and some of the issues can be overcome, however not the FIRE HAZARD ISSUE! I was surprised to see 4-5 star reviews. I truly believe they are filtered cause I tried to place this review on LG's site and it was not posted? Consumers need to know "Buyer Beware".

On 3/5/16 while cooking a potato in my microwave, the unit started on fire. The microwave shut off and I needed to wait for the fire to burn out before opening the door. It was obvious the unit was irreparable. I contacted LG Customer Service in 3/7/16. At first, they tried to tell me I was to blame. "Misuse of an appliance" because I placed the potato on a paper towel. The manual states a paper towel, paper napkin, paper plate are ALL acceptable. The CSR refused to believe me until she read it herself. Finally, she agreed I was NOT at fault and told me someone would be in touch with me within the next 10 business days.

I uploaded photos of the damage as requested. 10 days later a rep from LG Property and Liability contacted me. "Please upload more photos," which I did. "Was there any other damage?" No. "Any loss of life due to the fire?" No. "Okay, well there's nothing I can do. You'll have to go back to Customer Service." Now I'm back to where I started again facing questions about misuse because of the paper towel. I was advised I would need to pay for an LG technician to come to my house to determine if it was repairable or a total loss. I didn't think I should be expected to pay for the technician since I already knew it's a total loss and the photos support that.

I asked for a manager. Theresa got on the line and told me the same thing except she said I would need the microwave receipt to show the technician. I explained this microwave along with a refrigerator and stove were purchased by the former homeowner just prior to my purchasing the home 3 years ago, so I did not have the receipt. "Well, there is NOTHING I can do for you. You're not the original owner." So after their appliance starts a fire, and 3 weeks of answering their questions, uploading photos, waiting for their assistance, I was advised I'm on my own. They will do nothing for me.

One and done is my motto now when it comes to LG appliances/electronics. This was the first and only time I will ever purchase ANYTHING from this manufacturer. We purchased an LG kitchen suite consisting of a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. All are on the fritz. Over half of the buttons on the microwave do not work which almost makes it unusable; the 1, 2, 3, and more. The "vent," "power," "light" and even more. The largest burner on the stove is gone and the refrigerator makes an odd noise (not the icemaker). We've had the appliances for only about 5 years so no more LG for me. It's just outside the warranty - how convenient for them.

I would give zero stars if I could. We bought all LG kitchen appliances less than 3 years ago. The oven and microwave are terrible. We are on our second microwave with them. I rarely use the microwave and while it was heating, it just shut off. It was most likely the circuit breaker and when that happens no reason to try to repair. We tried to buy another brand but we wanted to match and the sizes were off, so we spent another $300+ on an LG microwave and are crossing our fingers. The oven I never use because the temp is off. It's too hot and I either undercook or burn everything. I've even tried thermometers something is off. My old oven and microwave (not LG) lasted over 10 years and I had no complaints, none! These new products are expensive and terrible.

I will never buy another LG product again. This microwave needed major repairs within 18 months of my purchase. The first repair happened when it was still under warranty but I had to pay for service and when the second repair was needed, the warranty had expired. I called LG to ask for a warranty extension with the argument that a relatively new appliance should not need major repairs twice. In fact, the microwave I had replaced with the LG was over 10 years old and had never needed a repair. I replaced it because it was old looking and I was remodeling my kitchen. LG would not extend the warranty and the repair with service would cost more than replacing it. I argued that they should replace my microwave but was denied. Again, I will never buy an LG appliance again.

I bought LG model# LMV1683ST in 2012 from Best Buy. I pay around $250-$300 for my microwave. It was very loud and on 2016 it just stop working without a warning. This is a very bad product. I never overload it and it was only used by 2 people. I never overheat it, Max time heating was 10 min. Very short life product. This is a product to only buy for looks and nothing more.

Put food in microwave, pressed the EZ ON BUTTON which will heat food for 30 seconds. The microwave started for about 1 second and then immediately just died. After about a minute it powered on was asking for the clock setting. It acted like it does when the power goes out. This microwave did this one time yesterday also. I entered and set the clock time and then input 1 minute time and, almost as soon as I pressed the start button, the microwave died again only this time it did not revive. It appears to be completely dead and is only about 16 months old (purchased October 2014).

This is the first LG appliance I have ever owned and likely will be the last. I paid good money for this appliance and wish I hadn't thrown out the old one. It was rusted some inside but had been working for almost 20 years!! This stainless microwave model number(s) listed on instruction booklet: LCRT2010ST, LSRM2010ST. So very disappointed. Made in China. Maybe that's why.

Microwave is 2 years old and the mag tube, diode and cap have failed. Over $250 for repair. This microwave has had limited use. Only warming and reheating. I was told that microwave ovens are now disposable. If it was on the counter, I would throw it away but since is mounted, it would cost more to replace it. I will never buy LG again. Model lmh2016st/01.

On April 2012, we purchased an LG over-the-stove microwave Model LMH2016ST for $320. The warranty was only good for one year but we thought we were buying a good product so went ahead and purchased it. On August 2015, the Primary Interlock Switch on the door broke so we called a recommended appliance repairman who replaced it for a total of $170.75. The same switch broke again on February 2016, one year later, and the same repairman told us he has to order a new part and this will cost another $170.75.

I called LG Company and registered a complaint about this happening twice and they told me I should have paid attention to the one year warranty at the time of purchase. They do not stand behind their products. We will not repair this microwave because we have already put $237 into this product that appears to be a lemon. This is the last LG product of any kind that we will purchase. We also had a brand new $3000 refrigerator break down the first week we purchased it. Luckily that very expensive part was covered by the warranty at the time. So far, our LG Range is still working. We have lost all confidence in LG products and will not buy anything else from this company.

Microwave LMV168SW, SB or ST this morning gone. Hardly used. We bought Smart TV, range top line, dryer, Refrigerator top line, (super bad), washer bleach didn't work with white but damage light colors, 3 X new washer. Now the Micro. Not help. BESTBUY.

I purchased a LG over the range microwave in 2012. Within a year, the magnetron failed and microwave quit working. Warranty repaired it. Now the door switch has failed, microwave again does not work. Has been repaired but no longer on warranty and LG will not cover the cost. My microwave is mid range in cost approximately $500 and now it has cost me another $171. This is within 3 years. Pretty expensive I would say. I may as well have bought a low end generic model for a few hundred dollars. I would have had the same amount of use but without the cost. I will not be purchasing another LG appliance.

We bought an LG microwave model LMV1683ST. It was manufactured in December 2012. The top of the microwave caught on fire near the light inside. This is very dangerous to say the least. We purchased the microwave at Home Depot. Avoid this model at all costs. It looks good but it's also very loud.

Very clean looking microwave with many features that my previous microwave did not have. I like the different auto selections and the fact that this microwave has a rack as well as a turntable.

I've had this unit for about 15 years and am planning on upgrading to convection/microwave. But only because I'd like convection too, it's a great unit and has never let me down. It is an LG Intellowave Sensor, and has extremely useful settings for both cooking and defrosting.

It was to replace our old one, which we loved. This one doesn't have as many features as that one, but it does what we need it to do, so we are pretty happy with it.

I had to get this microwave because it was the only silver microwave of its size for my mini kitchen. I read reviews before I purchased that said it was an average microwave. That is exactly what it is. It's very loud and has very basic features but it matches my kitchen and looks good.

Bought a microwave in Canada in November to bring south for the winter as we are Canadian snowbirds. Arrived in Yuma, Az and about 2 weeks after arrival the microwave quit working. There is a manufacturing date of July 2015 stamped right on the microwave but all my paperwork for purchase is in Canada. I phoned LG and without the paperwork they will do nothing. I tried desperately to get some paper work from Canada but was unable to get. I therefore have to go buy another microwave to get me through the winter. I can get the micro repaired when I get back to Canada in April and produce the paperwork but then I'll have 2 microwaves which doesn't make much sense. I asked the LG person that I phoned how they could not just repair it when the manufacture date is stamped right on it. NO EXCEPTIONS he said. This to me is absolutely ridiculous. I will never buy another LG product as long as I live.

After 1 year, 5 months of light use, microwave broke. Could be the Magnetron, which has a 10 year warranty, but the service call to see if it is the Magnetron costs almost as much as the microwave and if it isn't the Magnetron, well? All microwaves that I have purchased in my life have lasted until I moved or gave them away. LG Microwave? PITIFUL!!!

We bought a Microwave Model LMS1190ST on May 2014. When I'm using microwave it will turn on and stop for 10-15 seconds. Then it will turn on again and you can hear a hissing sound inside the oven. Scary crap. Don't buy any LG product.

Purchased an LG LMV1813ST/02 microwave on 26 June 2013 for about $250. This over the stove model stopped heating on 9 Nov 2015. The warranty was 1 year, except magnetron that was 10 years. Contacted LG and went through steps to restart MV. Was then told it needed a tech to repair it. I was given two local authorized LG shops. One did not work on microwaves, and the other wanted a bench charge of $95 plus parts and labor to fix it even though I dismounted it and brought it to their facility! It is almost cheaper to buy another microwave. I equipped my home with all LG products. I hope they did a better job on the washer, dryer, dishwasher, and stove. I am sorry I went with LG.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a popular, top-rated technology company. It sells a range of electronics and appliances that span from cell phones to air conditioners. The company focuses on providing intuitive products.

• Charcoal lighting heater: The inner element combines with a charcoal filament to enhance the flavor of the dishes. This feature is available on some LG models.
  • Temperature control: The grill that is included in some microwaves can be programmed in terms of temperature for a more controlled cook.
  • Multifunction: These microwaves are able to grill, microwave or bake/roast with a convection heat.
  • Lightwave technology: This special element creates food that is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
  • Easy clean cooking: The special coating on the inside of the oven allows you to clean it with just a wet cloth.
  • Best for Commercial kitchens, small families, couples and large families. The multi-functionality of these microwaves makes them ideal for singles, families and professionals using them to create top-quality dishes.

Compare Microwaves