LG Microwaves

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Microwaves

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

My daughter used a microwave-safe bowl to melt chocolate in my LMC0975 LG microwave. Two seconds after she pressed Start, the interior wall of the oven caught on fire. She immediately shut the microwave oven off and unplugged it. She is staying at my place while I am away. I told her to call LG. She was told by a rep that because the warranty has expired, she has to pay someone to come and see if the issue is the magnetron, which has a 10-year warranty, or take the oven into a repair centre. This is not possible due to Corona, and I don't think we should have to pay to have it checked. This seems like a fire hazard, and I am surprised they had no other support available and did not seem to think their product catching fire was something of great concern. I would like LG to detail how they will take care of this issue for me.

LG Microwaves response

Hello J. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: Oct. 12, 2020

LG stepped up to the plate and authorized a 1-time courtesy repair. Service Technician came to the house and replaced the control module. Microwave is now working as expected. All in all we love it, even the goofy music.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Purchased this LG LMC0975ST Microwave in January 2018. One of the segments of the LCD Time/Clock Display has gone bad. Yes, it's out of warranty, but the display is a component that should last for many years.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2020

Update: LG arranged for service free of charge. The technician did a good job and it's working as expected.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

We bought microwave a little over a year ago. Model: LMHM2237ST. This is an expensive microwave costs around $500. We were remodeling kitchen and decided to buy the best hoping it will last longer. After a year of use the display stopped working - timer doesn't work, shows wrong time, goes blank sometimes etc etc. We are a small family of 3 adults. Used as instructed. Very disappointed.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Nikhil. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 26, 2020

Updated on 07/29/2020: LG response with a classic, there are not the way they treat a customer. The same for everyone because I read other reviews (too late for me, I already bought the oven). The reviews were mixed, but not good enough.

Original Review: I bought it on March 2018, and is not working. No heat. I call customer service saying I think is the magnetron. It has a 10 year warranty. They say I need to call an LG technician. I didn’t buy the extended warranty because it was too expensive. So, I need to pay the labor. So it not worth it. I will not buying an LG microwave again.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Sandra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 26, 2020

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND LG PRODUCTS TO ANYONE EVER AGAIN. Within 2 years of purchase the handle of our microwave broke right off from natural wear and tear. When it fell off it also bent the metal piece from the cover. Now we have to open our microwave from the bottom and risk cutting our fingers each time we do. Appliances today are not made like they were back in the 80s.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Carmela. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 1, 2020

UPDATED ON 1/20/2021: We contacted LG about the problem that we experienced but to no avail. Even though their instruction booklet told us how to cook bacon (which we followed) the microwave caught fire. Apparently there was a problem with the unit. After going back and forth with them about this problem they finally e-mailed us a letter stating they would reimburse us the amount of money we spent for the microwave. The only thing that was required was that we purchase a new LG microwave, which we did.

We had to send them copies of the purchase receipts from both microwaves and the labels off the old one, which we did in order to get the refund. We were then instructed to dispose of the old microwave. Unfortunately they did not hold up to their promise. After many calls on our part with promises of them getting back to us, with what appears no intentions of doing so. Now they are telling us that we were the cause of the problem, and will not refund our money even though they sent us the letter telling us otherwise.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Purchased a LG microwave about 5 months ago. While cooking food according to their instructions in their manual the microwave started on fire. Either the manual's instructions were wrong or the microwave malfunctioned. LG was called and a service person was sent out. We were informed by their service department that the service person they sent out would determine whether the microwave would be repaired or replaced. According to the service person we had been misinformed in that he does not make that decision, and that is left for someone else. We were told that he would turn in his report and we would be contacted.

An engineer contacted us and said that the microwave did not malfunction and because there was a fire in it LG is not responsible. Why is it that we followed all the directions but yet they don't want to acknowledge that there is something wrong with the microwave? No pictures are available as damage was on the inside top of microwave.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Elaine. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Bought the microwave from Walmart in 2019, used it without issue for about a year. Last night, I put something in to warm for 1 minute. (No metals etc of course.) And no sooner had the minute started I turned away, heard a huge grinding whoosh noise, turned back to see fire coming from the right side panel. It made the sound again, another burst of flame and I shut it off. I had the unit unplugged and set outside. I contacted LG with a pic of a clear burn mark on the right panel, explained what happened and they told me too bad, nothing they can do, try returning it to store. ALSO, they further accused me of "exploding" something in the microwave itself. This was the "suggestion" of a supervisor. I am appalled and surprised at how they handle this situation. I would seriously reconsider buying anything from them. This could have ended up so much worse than $150 down the drain.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Iesha. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I purchased a new LG Microwave Nov, 2018. It stopped heating during the coronavirus. I went to LG who said they might be able to help, but nobody ever called or emailed. They said unplug it and plug it back in thru Facebook. I called their recommended service provider and they said it would be cheaper to just get a new one. I waited a couple of weeks, and still haven't heard so we had to go buy a brand new microwave. DO NOT BUY LG. All they had to do was fix it or refund me. This is absolutely the worst time to go without a microwave and have terrible service on top of it.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Alison.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 13, 2020

Updated on 04/16/2020: As follow up, after I posted a complaint about my microwave, LG posted a reply on ConsumerAffairs which implied that they would look into our complaint. Wrong! We received a call today 4-16-2020 from the next level supervisor who said "you received bad information from our customer service rep but we still cannot honor our warranty". This was the second LG microwave we had purchased, and the second to fail. This last one after about 4 months.

One of the last LG reps we spoke to said there was no problem with our reimbursement paperwork and the warranty reimbursement check would be sent right out. Wrong again! This last supervisor told us that his company gave us bad information on how to file a claim and too bad for us that they made the mistake and now we are out the cost for another LG microwave. Just beware, if you do have issues with your appliance that is under warranty, LG may not honor their warranty even after admitting they were at fault.

Original Review: We purchased a LG microwave to replace the LG microwave that stopped working after 2 years. After 4 months the new LG stopped working. It was under LG warranty so we called and submitted the warranty reimbursement form. After not hearing back for over a week, we called and they advised us that they needed the serial number from the unit cut in half. We submitted both the form and the serial number. After not hearing back again we called and they told us to submit the cut serial number tag on the actual submission form, so we did that and send it back in. After not hearing for two to three weeks we called again and we were told we also needed the manufacturer tag cut in half and submitted on the form. At that point being over two months of dealing with LG, we had already disposed of the unit. We told the rep and he advised no problem they would be sending the reimbursement check to us.

After another week and a half we called in again and we were told without the cut manufacturer tag on the form we would not be reimbursed. We explained that the last rep said there was no issue with this and explained the entire situation again. We called again to be disconnected and called again to be told there would be no reimbursement without the manufacturer tag. After much discussion we asked the rep to send our request to a supervisor. She said it would be another week before a supervisor could look at our request.

Bottom line buy a better brand microwave unless you want to continue to replace them and have LG give you misinformation to file a claim under warranty. Had I known their service was this poor I would have never bought any LG appliances. Had we known we needed more information off the unit we would have gladly supplied that at the time but the representatives gave us bad information. There are too many good quality products on the market to settle for horrible service and low quality from LG.

LG Microwaves response

Hello T. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Updated on 03/24/2020: Well this is just a follow up to my last review. Still no change in the fact that LG has the worst customer service. As stated in my last review I bought the microwave last November and after 10 service calls they still refuse to replace the unit, forcing me to take day after day off work as they try and repair the microwave. DO NOT BUY LG is my advice if you're in the market for appliances. I only hit 1 star because it wouldn't let me put none.

Original Review: Well I wish I could say my experience was good, but if I had to do it all over I would definitely not choose LG. It started in November of 2019, I was deep in the middle of a whole house remodel and it was time to purchase appliances. I chose LG because they had the look I was wanting and seemed to have decent reviews. So I made my purchase at the Home Depot and set up delivery.

They were delivered the next weekend and as they suggested I unboxed everything at once before the delivery driver left and all looked just as beautiful as the ones I had picked out at the store. I was still a week away from actually installing all the appliances so I didn't think to plug each item in to make sure they worked. That's where the trouble started, the refrigerator, range, and dishwasher all worked great and still do to this day. But when I got the over the range microwave installed and plugged in it wouldn't work. I immediately called home depot who referred me to LG direct. I called LG direct and they said since I waited 72 hours that I would have to have it fixed rather than replaced.

Here we are March 1st 2020, 5 service calls, 8 calls on hold with LG, and a pissed off wife, I still don't have a working microwave, and the "part" they say it needs is backordered. I am beyond pissed off with LG and would definitely not recommend them on the sole reason as they do not stand behind their product. I wish I could return all of the stuff and go with another brand. I'll keep you updated if they make it right. But I have lost all faith in their customer service.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Sean. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

The LG microwave we purchased went out on us after we cooked the first potato. We had the LG microwave no longer than 2 weeks and had troubles. After working with LG for almost a month to have them fix the microwave LG blames A&E and A&E says there is nothing they can do without LG's approval. This went on numerous times and 3 appointments with the tech. so no microwave for Thanksgiving. Now No microwave for Christmas. Warning for whom is interested in this product that buyer beware! Our Sears Technician said that this microwave seems to go out quickly. I am a General contractor and have been building homes for over 19 years. This has been the worst experience I have ever had. Sincerely, Curt with Nail it Down Construction

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Newer unit for my home and the outer glass "fell off" in use. It was attached using a black colored adhesive. I called support for correct adhesive information so I could fix it and was told they couldn't help me. It was like they couldn't hear or understand I simply wanted the correct adhesive information. It should have been simple. Then they wouldn't connect me to someone who could help and actually hung up when I said it was "silly".

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Buyer Beware: We purchased an LG over the stove 2.0 Microwave middle of Nov 2019. After installation I turned the surface light of the microwave on. When I went back to put a dish in the microwave I found it to be extremely hot inside. We had not used the microwave nor the stove below to generate such heat. We turned off the surface light & checked the interior of the microwave it had cooled down. We then put a thermometer inside the microwave & turned the surface light back on to check if the light itself created the heat. In less than 1/2 hr the interior of the microwave heated to 117 F degrees. When we turned off the light the microwave was cool.

We then called LG to alert them to our experience. The rep first hinted that it could be an electrical problem with our home. I explained our kitchen had been recently updated including all the electrical which was inspected by our local county inspector. They then sent a service tech out to examine the microwave. LG technical support told the service tech not to touch the microwave. They issued us a Claim number & an internal Bulletin about the problem. The tech told us we had to replace the light bulb ourselves despite it being new & under warranty.

My husband is an electrician as well his friend who is a master electrician. They both researched the model. LG changed from the earlier model a 30 WATT incandescent light bulb to a 50 WATT Halogen light bulb in the same lighting compartment & model. The hole for the 30 WATT incandescent light bulb is still in the compartment & next to it is the newly added 50 WATT Halogen light bulb. IT sits just below the microwave box with absolutely NO VENTILATION.

We were advised to notify our State's Attorney's Office as well the BBB. We alerted the store we purchased it from to check the models they have on the floor & beware of the problem. Had we just turned on the surface light & left our home I can't imagine the outcome. If you're seeking to purchase a new LG microwave first check what type of surface light bulb the microwave is equipped with before you purchase it. LG obviously has no solution or will back their warranty on a less than one month old microwave.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The light bulbs on the bottom of my over the stove microwave get so hot that they are melting the plastic cover that surrounds them. A hole has been burnt right through the plastic. I finally just took the cover off as small bits of plastic were falling out of the cover on to the stove. Anyone else having this problem? Let me say that my microwave is about 8 years old but everything else works fine on it, just an issue with the overheating light bulbs.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased an over the range microwave in June 2019 but unfortunately it has already stopped working twice. Both times the microwave turns on and counts down the time but does not heat up. I would like to think it just a faulty microwave but our brand new LG refrigerator has leaked twice and caused thousands of dollars of damage to our neighbor below our condo. LG refuses to replace either appliance and insists on making the same repairs over and over again until it is deemed a "unfixable manufacturing defect". I will never buy LG appliances again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Purchased a LG 1.5 ft.³ smart inverter microwave oven in August 2019. Three weeks later the unit quit heating. I called LG customer support and was eventually told the magnetron was defective. I was told I could send the microwave back to LG and they would replace me with a brand new one. Not wanting to wait, I decided to return the microwave to Home Depot where it was purchased and was given a full refund. Because Home Depot‘s return policy includes a 90 day exchange or refund, I decided to purchase a different brand. The moral to this story is don’t wait on LG to refund, replace, or repair your appliance if it is newer than three months. Take it back to the store you bought it from instead. Far less stressful.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I purchased the GE LG microwave because of the high ratings given to it by consumer reporting agencies. I paid over $300 for a microwave that began to have operating problems soon after it was purchased. Several times, I unplugged and "rebooted" the machine and it would work fine for awhile. Finally, one month before the one year warranty expired, an F-3 sign and sound told me that something was wrong with the microwave. I contacted General Electric a total of three times and gave them all information requested. I was told that the purchase price would be refunded in full. It never was!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

LG countertop microwave oven completely quit working after 3 weeks. Customer Service said I could get a refund but it's now been over 3 months and no refund. I had to write 2 letters and make numerous phone calls - LG is a nightmare to deal with. Their customer service people are barely understandable over the phone, and they never follow up on any of my letters. I just emailed the company again and now they are asking for the same documentation already sent them. I had to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, and the New Mexico State Atty General. The next step will be to sue them in small claims court. This has been a huge waste of time and frustration. I will never purchase an LG product again - a very unprofessional corporation who do not honor their warranties.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Within the first year the fuse blew and was repaired under warranty. I purchased extended warranty and sure enough, I had to use twice within the 2nd year. I have not yet reached the 2nd anniversary of its installation and am currently waiting on parts for the 3rd repair! All three times it appears to have been the fuse that blew and not the circuit board may have been damaged as a result. I warn everyone to stay away from GE appliances. My GE refrigerator was missing parts upon delivery but has since held up.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Stopped heating food 1yr. 5mths. Everything else works and acts fine but won't heat anything. Warranty only good for 1yr. Very disappointed with company and this product. Expected much more from LG, especially with the cost of this oven. Many other reviewers have experienced similar problems. I tried to get parts only to find out this microwave has been discontinued. Wow, I wonder why? Life is NOT good with this product. Definitely would not recommend this product and advise to be cautious with any LG microwaves.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Our LG microwave went out within months. LG refuses to repair or replace (THAT'S WHAT WARRANTY PROMISES) - only offers ORIGNAL WHOLESALE price paid by our designer, no shipping, NOT WHAT IT WILL COST US TO REPLACE even though we explained multiple times that the price was not what came out of our pocket (because of designer add-on) and not what the model costs now with inflation. We custom cut and trimmed for that microwave. We will be out $100 plus to replace it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

This microwave is designed in a genius way! It’s large, you can select the type of food and status (frozen..) instead of choosing strength or time. It’s heavy duty, I don’t think people would survive it. It gives you the feeling it’s a luxurious and reliable product.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I've had my LG for 4 years now. It's over my stove and looks and works great. I was so glad when I was able to purchase to finish up my kitchen. My LG do everything from popcorn to cooking chicken. If you haven't tried LG product do so soon.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Love the sensors that are inside to control the cooking of the unit, great for popcorn and re-heating. This microwave has the ability of re-heating a cup of coffee without giving it that burnt taste. We especially like the increased capacity of the inside of the oven itself, and like the way it fits under the cabinet over the stove and is vented to the outside.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Great microwave for the inexpensive price! I would purchase this product again if needed. LG makes good products at a fair market price. I always consider buying LG products with no regrets. I recommend LG products.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am extremely happy with my LG microwave. I have not had any problems since I bought it 4 years ago and when the day comes that it no longer works, I will be sure to purchase another LG microwave. I have also recommended this microwave to family and friends.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was first attracted to this microwave in the store because it's very nice looking, brushed silver and black. Also the size is perfect for my mid-size kitchen. Not too big or small. Turns out this is a very reliable nice microwave. It has good power. Cooks everything perfect. Best one I have owned.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Purchased this microwave February 2015. Have had several electrical problems. Circuit board shorted out, micron blew out, the sliding door for the exhaust fan broke and had to be repaired. It takes forever to receive replacement parts. Will never buy another LG microwave.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Best microwave we've ever owned. The round interior is way better than the usual rectangular interiors on most other models. It's easy to operate, and performs better than expected. If this one ever breaks down, we'll replace it with another similar model.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I cooked below the microwave. The steam and heat from cooking and combined with cooking in the microwave has crumbled the plastic that secures the lower handle. It is now taped on. A new door is 260 dollars. I can't afford that. What good is a microwave if you can't use it? Really!!!!

LG Microwaves Company Information