LG Microwaves

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Microwaves

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The microwave is really good, no complaints. It is durable, easy to clean. It heats up really fast. I Had no trouble with it. It stays in good condition for years. Thank you so so so much.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Zara. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had the LG SolarDOM in South Africa, the best microwave I ever had, but sold it when I emigrated to Malta. I couldn't find a SolarDOM there and bought the NeoChef which is also good but not great. I then emigrated to Panama and bought another Neochef. Not as good as the one I had in Malta and less accessories. I also bought a LG Dishwasher in Panama, which has a known design flaw. It stopped working within 6 months and I logged a ticket with LG. The repair company came to check it and I gave them all the details of the faulty part and the replacement part. Then nothing happend and I've moved to another part of the country in the meantime. I'd love to have another LG SolarDOM however it seems that LG stopped manufacturing it. After the dishwasher incident, I'll only buy LG microwave ovens and none of their other products.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Ignatius. We appreciate your feedback. Please alert us if there are any issues.

LG

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have only had my over the stove microwave for a little over a year (model # LG - LMV2031ST). It stopped working. I am very surprised. I spent time researching it and expected to have it last longer than a year. My previous one lasted 11 years. It was from a different company. The warranty has conveniently expired. I now have to spend precious funds for repairs or to purchase another one. I am on a fixed income and would never consider buying another LG product.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Jacqueline. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

It's been a good strong microwave with few problems. It has a crack in the door frame but seems not to affect the function. I have all LG kitchen appliances and the trim seems to be their weak points with each. But while they may not be pretty, the important parts continue to work so am overlooking the cosmetic issues. However, I rated this appliance lower because LG customer service is poor.

LG Microwaves response

Hello June. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The controls on this microwave take some getting used to. They're impossible to see in dim light, and they're not really very intuitive. My old microwave had actual buttons with numbers on them. This one uses a "cutsie" system that must have been designed by nerds who just wanted to demonstrate a clever-- but not user-friendly-- alternative. Oh well! Otherwise, the microwave works just fine.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Bill. Thank you for providing that feedback. If there are any issues, please reach out to me.

Resolution response: Feb. 26, 2021

LG support reached out to us and hired a contractor to repair the microwave. They contacted me several times to ensure everything was taken care of to our satisfaction. I'm very satisfy with their effort to correct the issue even though the warranty period for the microwave had expired. Great support.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Back in 09/01/2018, I purchased these three LG appliances at Lowe’s: a French door refrigerator, a dishwasher and an electric range. Spending a total of $4,663.46. The purchased included a $200 debit card, which we used to purchase a wall mounted LG microwave. First, the electric range started having issues…some burners didn’t work and some of the screen numbers didn’t register, making it difficult to setup timers. It was out of warranty, but I called a local appliance repair service center and the person stated most probably was the main board. He did replace the main board, but the problem persisted, so he replaced some other electronic components, which fixed the issue. Thankfully, he reinstalled the old main board and didn’t charge us for it.

On December 15, 2020, the refrigerator stopped cooling and the compressor made lots of noise. This time, I contacted LG Customer Service, which has since agreed to have it fixed, but it’ll be January 4th, 2021 before they can send a tech to look at it…21 days after I reported the issue. Today, January 1, 2021, the LG microwave also stopped working. It first began making a loud fan noise and now it’s not heating the food. It’s out of warranty, so it means I must hire someone to get it fix. The LG microwave replaced a much older Sharp microwave, which we still owned. It’s smaller than the LG microwave but it still works, so we’ll use it until we can afford to have the LG microwave repair.

But we’re so disappointed with the whole purchase of these LG appliances. It’s quite difficult to trust, not just the LG brand, but other major brands as well. I didn’t pay a fortune for the Sharp brand microwave, but after over 11 years it still works. Makes one wonder whether these issues with the LG brand appliances are either a coincidence or by design; after all, they all seem to break down after the warranty has expired. By the way, we sold the single oven LG electric range and got one from Samsung because my wife needed a two-oven electric range. We went with the Samsung brand mainly because of the issue we’ve had with the LG electric range.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Felix. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Africa is known for power problem. LG microwave works well to solve that problem. Even with a very low voltage. It's still give higher power output efficiency. It's takes very small time, easy to operate and it works automatically. This have been our Messiah. Best than all. Really appreciate the world of LG.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Mubarak. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

LG products have been very good to me, I would recommend them to anyone. I've had them for years and, no problems. I have never, had to call or send in a warranty, for any of their products. I had a motherboard burn up from lightning, they come right out a replaced it. I haven't had any issues.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Bill. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I purchased the over the range microwave from Best Buy just over a year ago. The microwave stopped working, will not power on. I verified the outlet is good by trying another appliance in it and I even replaced the fuse in the microwave, but still does not work. I called LG, but since it was out of warranty, they said there is nothing they can do and referred me to a local repair shop. The local shop said it would end up costing more than I paid to come out, diagnose, and potentially repair the system. At this point, it seems I have no options left other than buying a brand new microwave. I wasted my money on this LG microwave that barely even lasted one year. Poor quality product and poor customer service.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Michael. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Microwave has a large interior with plenty of cooking, warming and defrosting options. There are also preset cooking times for popular food items plus a sensor cooking option that just knows when your food is done. LG is a well known brand and offer an excellent warranty.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Tammy. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I like the microwave but I wish the control pad was lit. It would make things easier. The microwave works very well and is dependable and I am happy with it other than the control pad. If I ever have to get another one I would consider getting this brand again.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Gus. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This is a microwave that requires reading the instructions before use due to all special features. There are 4 speeds for vent, control of the turntable, and the ability to customize heating times. Safe, efficient, roomy, and owners manual is well written.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Cynthia. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I bought a LG microwave 3 years ago and it did not last even 2 years. It stopped working. And it says that it has a 10 year warranty on it. So now I have a Oster brand. Let’s hope it lasts longer. I have tried to get in touch and still trying to with LG.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Ranmini. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

This microwave is really a nice item to have and is very easy to use. All the items you can use in a microwave is overwhelming and a welcome use to the kitchen from melting butter to making a bake potato in a microwave. Great cooking item.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Carla B. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

We've had it for 10 yrs and use it many many times each day all day! So I think that's good for a family with teenagers! No problems for 10 yrs. Which is better than I've had on some Whirlpool or Maytag machines.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Debi. We appreciate your feedback, if there are any issues or if you have any questions, please reach out to us.

LG

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

We purchased an LG over the range microwave a few weeks ago. From the first day, it has been extremely loud when running. It has become very irritating and embarrassing when others are in the kitchen. My husband called the 800 customer service line. The rep was allowed to hear it running over the phone, and just said that was normal. Thus no solution was offered. I dread having to endure the loud sound for the entire time we will have this microwave. But based on the negative reviews I'm reading, this may not be for long. I have never before been moved to submit a review on a product until now. Please beware.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Peggy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Updated on 02/14/2021: I posted a review on 12/19/20, at which time my microwave had been dead for two months. LG "responded" by asking me to send details by private message. I did that on 12/20/20. They did not reply, respond, or take any action. LG's second repair attempt (on this, the third time the unit has failed) broke what few remaining features (fan, light, clock) still worked. Costco has been trying for the last two weeks to get LG to replace the unit. They are getting what I got: no response, untruths, failure to call back when they promised. LG customer service is non-existent. This Friday will be three months since it broke. They do not contend that I am at fault in any way. They just won't do anything.

Original Review: We bought a microwave from Costco as part of a $4000 kitchen appliance package. It has died three times in the year and a half since purchase. This third time (November 19), the part needed to repair it no longer exists. Despite that, I'm getting a complete runaround from LG customer service, repeatedly being promised call-backs that never happen, 20+ minute hold times, and hours wasted on the phone. At this point, I am promised a call by December 28. I'll believe it when it happens.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Art. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I purchased a new LG Range and LG Microwave in April 2019 -installed in May 2019. In October of 2019 the Magnetron and motor fan failed and needed replaced. This was serviced and covered by LG. Now come November of 2020. The motor fan and magnetron is failing again... Was on phone with LG for over an hour explaining that this should not happen in a microwave AGAIN in the short amount of time that I've had it. LG will not do ANYTHING since it's out of my warranty period.

After a very lengthy conversation with a manager- they agreed to cover the Magnetron part only (then to find out by a service company that these are covered for 8 years regardless). No help on service fee or the fan part being paid for either. The quote to get this fixed is higher than the cost of a new microwave. Very disappointed. My very cheap microwave before I bought this one lasted 10 years. What gives LG? Don't make customers beg and plead for help on a failing product. There is NO way this microwave should fail this quickly. I believe I received a defective product from the beginning. So frustrating.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Jennifer. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I purchase an LG over the range microwave MEZ239996701 3 years ago from Home Depot. It was over $600 with installation. A year after installing it stopped heating. I called LG and was told it was no longer under warranty and they couldn't help me. I unplugged it and lo & behold it began heating again. This happened many times over the next few months and finally in May of this year it stopped working completely. What a disappointment this has been. Never again will I purchase an LG product. Their customer service and warranty really stinks.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Gail. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Back in 2012, I purchased $8000 worth of LG appliances for my kitchen and laundry. Long story short I have replaced the dishwasher, it could not be repaired. In September of this year, the microwave exhaust had a mind of its own. It would come on and off by itself. To use the it I would plug it in and unplug it. The part to repair it was more than half the price of a new one. In September I purchased the model LMH2235ST. A short time later the exhaust fan stopped working. I called customer service more than a dozen times.

They gave me a case number and said they will call when to set up a date to come and repair. After many calls to them they kept saying they would expedite it. I have heard that several times more. I have asked them to send another to my home with a return label, but they said they could not do that. I called customer service just now December first, now I don't even get to speak to anyone, the recording says to go online. So thank you LG for nothing!!

LG Microwaves response

Hello Patrick. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: Dec. 18, 2020

I was surprised that LG actually responded to my review and resolved the issue. I am a happy LG customer again, thank you!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Brought the LMC2075BD microwave late October 2019 and it stopped heating in Nov 2020. The light turned on and everything sounded working except wouldn't heat up the food. Called LG customer service and was told to get a service to check it out and I had to pay for the labor even it has 10 year warranty on the inverter. The labor costs likely costed more than the purchase price of the microwave, makes no sense to repair it. Very disappointed even my other LG appliance works great. Won't recommend LG microwave oven to anyone.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Sam. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

1- Customer service is horrible!!

2- I purchased this microwave in Sept 2019. Had it installed in June 2019, due to remodeling. The microwave will not heat. LG offers no help in fixing the matter. There's no way I'll buy LG again. A microwave should last WAY longer than this amount of time. BUYER BEWARE.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Jamie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I purchased a LG microwave in August 2018. The microwave alone was over $300 and was purchased alongside a refrigerator, and stove (all LG smart appliances). The microwave was used a max of 10 times over the span of two years as I am in the military and spend my time on the base. I was shocked that a microwave used this few times could suddenly stop heating. So I called LG support line. I spoke to a rep named Risaldo, he informed me the magnetron was the issue and is under warranty for 10years. He walked us through the process to file a claim (which we filed immediately with all documentation) and informed me someone would get back to us in 3-5 days regarding scheduling the appointment.

A few days later we receive an email stating the microwave is past the manufacturer warranty and they are unable to send a tech to fix the microwave. I called back and spoke to a supervisor who stated that they are unable to help us at this point even though the microwave has been used such few times and despite the item in question (the magnetron) being under warranty. Apart from the microwave alone being a terrible product, the customer service I received spoke very poorly of the brand and company.

As someone who decided to spend extra money to purchase these LG products, and given the deplorable customer service I have received from LG, it is safe to say I will no longer be purchasing products from them. I have purchased and worked with customer service with Samsung and GE and have never run into this issue. My fiancé and I have extremely busy schedules and do not have the time to continuously call customer service to resolve a relatively simple issue. I would suggest reading reviews very carefully before investing into their products.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Vladimir. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I have bought a LG Microwave from Home Depot in Nov 2018. It stops heating in Nov 2020. Called LG customer service 800-243-0000 about bad Magnetron which is covered for 10 years. They refused to ship me a part and only ship it to a technician. I told them I have serviced and repaired my appliance and I am DIY and installed the microwave. they still won't ship me the part. Also they do not cover repair service. So I am now forced to pay out of pocket for this repair. Never buy LG microwave again. Bad product from Korea!

LG Electronics NeoChef 2.0 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave in Stainless Steel
Model # LMC2075ST

Store SKU # 1002634890

LG Microwaves response

Hello Brian. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Bought LG Microwave Model below from HomeDepot in Nov 2018. It is not heating now in Nov 2020 for only two years. Checked Warranty the magnetron is covered for 10 years. Called LG customer service 800-243-0000 and they agree to send a replacement part but only send to a repair technician. I told them I can DIY as I fixed most of our appliance, but they don't ship it to me, plus they do not cover repair service.

For a microwave only used lightly for 2 years, this should not happen. Also the way LG handles the problem. Now I have to pay out of pocket for service of repair, which might be higher than the product price. Never buying a LG microwave again. Bad quality from Korea. LG Electronics NeoChef 2.0 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave in Stainless Steel. Model # LMC2075ST. Store SKU # 1002634890.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

This microwave has a 10 year warranty on the inverter. I’ve had this microwave for less than two years and the inverter has stopped working. I contacted LG and was given three LG approved companies to contact for the warranty work. Each company told me the labor cost would be more than the microwave was worth. I contacted LG again and was told there was nothing they could do, and I should buy a new microwave at my own cost. I purchased this microwave because of the advertised warranty. Given that labor costs likely always exceed the purchase price of the microwave, this warranty is designed to be unusable. What a scam.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Patrick. We will be happy to provide service for you, free of charge. The last piece of information that we will need will be an email address.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Haven't even had this microwave for 2 years and the clock is already broken, light stopped working inside and it was a expensive microwave to buy. Should have stuck with the one I originally had. Was cheap but never had an issue with it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

We purchased this microwave in 2018, along with the matching refrigerator, dishwasher, and double oven. Spent a small fortune to buy them for our new kitchen. Our kitchen remodel was delayed so the microwave wasn’t opened until just recently. It was opened and installed professionally. During its first use I could hear what sounded like a fan, come to a grinding halt. We called LG and were told that because it’s out of warranty we would have to take it to an authorized repair shop (but would most likely have to pay for the repair ourselves). The nearest shop is about an hour away, and that’s after we take it down from the wall/cabinets. Then we are expected to reinstall it. I’m beyond overwhelmed and deeply disappointed.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Michelle. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Our microwave is 2 years old and has a “10 year “ warranty. It has just stopped working. First it would only turn on for a few seconds. Now it turns on and does not heat. The special Smart Sensor service was only available from 8 to 4 Mon to Friday. When I reached them they basically got me to plug and unplug the microwave and to heat a cup of water. Next, I was told that I would have to transport it to a service center and pay all labor costs. They cannot tell you the hourly rate. The service rep also noted that only some parts are covered. I said no thanks and that I would write this disappointing review. I do not recommend LG microwaves as my previous ones from other brands lasted more than a decade and this one 2 years.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Dorothy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

We have had our LG Microwave for about 2 years, but today it started on fire when I went to re-heat up two slices of pre-cooked bacon. Pretty much as soon as it started, the right side wall started on fire! We opened the door and unplugged it. We are very disappointed with the quality of this microwave, model LMC0975ST. We have purchased two LG refrigerators for homes, two LG televisions and they have all been great, but not the LG microwave. I know this is a new technology, "Smart Inverter," LG has claimed to put into these microwaves, so I can only speculate as to whether or not this had anything to do with the fire.

LG Microwaves response

Hello Kevin.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Microwaves Company Information