1.25/5
Based on 166 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

213 LG Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2017

The unit is 2.5 years old. Over-the-Range stainless model LMV1683ST. All of a sudden, it just stopped working, and the issue is the magnetron tube. I figured somewhere between $75 & $90 for the part and another $60-$80 for a service call. This is not a do-it-yourself project. The unit isn't worth it. This unit gets minimum use - maybe once a day to reheat coffee for a single person. I had a GE that lasted more than 12 years. I never should have purchased an LG product. I always thought they were a quality brand until I read the reviews on this site. Oy! It's clear that the product is marginal at best. Had I done my due diligence and checked this site before the purchase, I could have saved myself this headache.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We are doing a kitchen remodel, I purchased an LG refrigerator (dented), oven, and microwave. The microwave also had a dent so J.C. Penney discounted it. We installed it and the door scrapes horribly when it opens and closes. We called J.C. Penney whose automated service directed us to LG tech support, after about 1.5 hrs phone time they set a service call. The service tech arrived and determined the unit was irreparable, structural damage. I called LG for follow up, the operator couldn't figure out the notes, I had him read them back to me and stopped him where it stated, not repairable. I had to send pictures and a copy of the receipt that were already sent by the repair tech. After multiple hours on the phone I finally got a CNN number For a defective return. They said they will call me to arrange delivery.

A week goes by and nothing. I called back and spoke with Alexander, he re-reviewed, Sorry, nothing we can do. I escalated to his supervisor, Willie who made it clear that I was bothering him and stated, "I will not cover anything on this unit, go back to J.C. Penney." Now the unit is not heating correctly, waiting for the repair tech again. What a BAD!, experience. I will NEVER! buy another LG product.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 19, 2017

I have all LG products. Fridge ice maker went out 3 times in a year then 4th time at 18 months. So no ice maker the last year or so. Now today I lost my microwave (lmhm2237st). Just stopped working at 18 months old. LG said pay for an extended warranty for like $360 when the microwave is only like $400. This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. My GE honestly last 16 years. My LG a little over a year. What a scam. I will never buy a LG again in my life.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We purchased this LG LMV2031JT microwave along with LG fridge, convection stove, dishwasher around June 2015 as part of a complete kitchen remodel. (sound familiar?) The microwave now won't finish cooking a tv dinner. It will warm something up short duration but after about 3 minutes it just won't heat anymore. Place where we bought it said it might be cheaper to just replace it. :( Wow, bought LG because of supposed quality. LG says to call a service company to repair or buy their additional warranty. I bought it because it should be a quality product, not needing an extended warranty!!! Gal I talked to was nice but foreign. Now I will probably have 3 LG products and an off brand microwave as I will not ever buy another LG product. What a joke.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Made the mistake of purchasing a LG microwave as a Christmas gift. They left the mounting templates out of the box. I called first on 12/26/16 to get them sent out to me. Was supposed to arrive in 7-10 days. Doesn't show up. Call again 1/12/17. Same thing - never shows up. Call back again 2/12/17 - still nothing. Call back again 3/1/17 and was told a simple paper wall template is on back order till 3/17/17. They are a JOKE! If I attempt to install without the templates and mismeasure... It's my cabinets with unnecessary holes. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

LG microwave dead at 18 months!! I bought an LG kitchen suite. I decided to go with the pricier microwave which looked good and had cool features expecting at least 5 years of function. I bought Model#: LMHM2237ST. It just died one day, no clock, no lights, no power, nothing. Called LG, it is out of warranty period. LG sends me warranty extension offers so frequently for all the appliances but now I understand why. At this point I cannot recommend LG to anyone. Disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Purchased several major appliances at once from Best Buy. All LG products. The microwave did not work right out the box!!! LG refused to replace it but would send a repair person out. Took a week to get an appointment. Had to take a half a day off to be home during their appointment window. Repair guy didn't show up until 10:00 pm at my house. Replaced a part and left. Next day microwave still broke! Keep in mind it hasn't worked out of the box.

I called LG and once again asked them to replace it and they refused and offered to send the same useless repair service out again. If I took off another half day. I now would have lost more money than the microwave cost! Keep in mind it has never worked!!! I filed a complaint with the BBB and they answered basically that I was not getting the unit replaced. I also filed a complaint with the State attorney general's office which I have not heard back from yet. If you want to know about LG's customer service go to LG Electronics facebook page and read the horror stories posted by LG owners!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Had microwave installed. All went well until we tried to plug it in. The power cord is about a foot shorter than the old microwave and would not reach the outlet. Called LG, customer service, and they had no solution. They even told me told me to not use an extension cord. So now what LG?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I replaced a whirlpool microwave with the LG. Had to have repairs after the warranty ran out. The whirlpool was 14 years old and never had a problem. Only thing good about LG service is that the quoted price was what I paid even though they replaced 3 major components. Oh, if you haven't had stainless steel appliances, they show every little fingerprint and spatter. If I had known this I would have stayed with painted surfaces.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Door is hard to open/close. The vent light went out quickly and the part that the bulb screws into, crumbled so I am lightless. The glass rack that slides sideways is hard to replace after washing and it bangs and rattles until after 20 tries you get it right! You have to be sooo careful when open/closing to not spill because of the jarring. I quit taking the glass tray out to clean and spot wash because of the difficulty resetting it. I really NEED a light over my stove and this microwave has a bad fixture on it, so no light!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My LG died after barely a year of light service (one person household). It was not easy to use: no automatic 30-second or one minute button. It was impossible to see what was inside while operating. It was black (which I thought would not show wear) but it actually highlighted fingerprints. Also, it was noisy. There were no redeeming features. I bought it because it had a high rating on a list online. I replaced it with a GE and have been delighted. None of the difficulties I experienced with LG are present with the GE. LG should be ashamed of their product. It is substandard in every way.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Microwave light randomly goes on and I have to climb up and unplug it to stop the light from randomly turning off and on. The same goes for the fan. Had a GE before that had many more features for less money. LG overpriced for what you get.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I haven't had the microwave a year yet. Started smelling an electrical smell inside the microwave. Any food or liquid starts to smoke with a bad chemical smell. This was not steam! Unplugged for fire hazard and biohazard reasons. No longer using. Not worth repairing. Junk!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Purchased OTC convection oven and I am on the second one with issues. This one comes up with codes F1 after 1st use. 1st unit did not operate at all. Today is 12/29/2016. I am now awaiting a repair response from LG. I will not buy another LG product.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I purchased a LG Microwave, Model# LCS2045WBK/00, Serial # 509TAPEA7432 about a year ago. Always heard great things about LG products, so I spent the $200.00 and bought it. I loved it, but just yesterday it starts, then shuts off and after about 30 seconds it will start up again and shut down. I wouldn't mind if I only paid 80.00 dollars, but I paid 200.00 and expected I wouldn't have a problem considering all the good things I heard about LG's products. Is there a recall on this model??? I'm so disappointed and will never buy another LG product again. I will also tell anyone who needs any kind of appliance to not buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We had this microwave for a few months and it started tripping the breaker. We had the breaker and all the electrical parts checked - nothing. We called to have it checked and repaired. They replaced a couple of parts in the unit - it still would trip the breaker. Called again and told them to replace the whole thing. Got a new microwave - and every now and then it will trip the breaker. Our old microwave NEVER tripped the breaker or had any issues with it, we only replaced it because we were remodeling our kitchen with all new appliances.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The handle broke on the built-in microwave making it virtually unusable. Came with the house, only 5 years old and can't get a replacement handle. I would never buy any LG appliance because they are **. Very unhappy. The fridge we have has had a problem as well.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I purchase my old LG Microwave Oven Model MVI680ST at Home Depot 2 years ago. The door handle broke. The frame is falling apart in pieces. Have pictures and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. A representative named Mike was very nice but he's just following orders from chief of command. He said I should contact a service place to have this fixed because it's over a year old of purchase so no warranty. He gave me Ref# ** and case would be submitted to tech. I'm completely unsatisfied after my experience and my neighbor too with her refrigerator she purchase within 9 months started giving her problems. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!! After this experience will go back to appliances GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

The control panel will not light up. Only the time clock and cooking time. Customer service was very nice in helping me, but the Microwave is not made for you to see the panel. Even with bright kitchen light it is difficult to use. I was told only about 4 models light up. I will go back to other tried and true companies. It does not make sense if you can't see to use it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Our two month old LG Microwave Oven Model LCS1112ST "bit the dust" yesterday and I immediately contacted LG Customer Support. After jumping through all the hoops sending them a receipt, proof of damage, etc., I was expecting my $ back since it had a "one year warranty". I received an e-mail saying in order to process my claim, I had to buy another LG microwave before they would consider any refund. Completely unsatisfied with this nonsense, I called and spoke to a gentleman that passed me on to supposedly the supervisor. She said that we were to send a letter explaining why we bought a GE microwave instead of an LG microwave along with additional documentation. Why would I buy another LG product? LG does not stand behind their warranty! DO NOT buy any LG product! They simply want your $ and they do not care about customer satisfaction!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

The microwave has lost power twice within the last several months, making it so we could not cook because we depend on the FAN for EXHAUST. The microwave is 10 months old and every time I call LG, I am transferred out of country - impossible to understand or communicate. NEVER AGAIN! Please save yourself the headache and find another brand - one where the company stands behind its product and actually cares.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I had my LG microwave for three years or so and my wife was cleaning it gently with Windex (to get the grease off of it since it was also a range hood), when it stopped working completely. Be aware, LG and other uncool companies are making products that cannot be cleaned. It's sort of like buying a car that can't be waxed. It pretty much makes you never want to give their lousy company a dime again. I then bought a touch strip from an appliance repair site for cheap and repaired it myself. We now keep it in the garage (it's huge!), but at least we didn't lose the whole $1000 investment. There are videos on YouTube that will help you do that. However, my main point is that you should never buy LG products. I know I never will again. I won't even buy parts from them. That's what they want you to do!

Original review: July 15, 2016

We have lived in our house for 36 years and have had several micro-waves. Never had a problem reading the control panel before. With this LG, we have to keep a flashlight next to it so we can read the control panel. This is UNBELIEVABLE that they could design something with a flaw this bad. This is model LCRT1513. If they design something this bad, I will never buy an LG product again.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I purchased an over the range LG microwave from Home Depot. It was a reduced price display model, which I guess should have told me that it was a waste of money. Within a year, it stopped working four times (two of these times were within two days of each other). Since it was covered by the one year warranty, it didn't cost me anything, but it was frustrating to be without a microwave while waiting for it to be serviced. THEN... after the warranty expired, it stopped heating on two more occasions. Now, LG state that it would be $160 to have a technician come out to diagnose the problem.

I think a microwave that needs servicing six times in such a short period should have been replaced, but LG thinks I should just start paying the $160 per call out for the same, reoccurring problem. I spoke to a supervisor at headquarters who was very unhelpful and told me that the company should not have helped me as much as they did because it was a display model and its history was unknown. She was very combative and arrogant and probably doesn't even realize that she lacks even basic customer services skills and is in need of training. My only consolation is that she is a consumer too, and the same way she treated me, she will be treated at some point in her life. Further, I know now not to purchase another LG product. Hopefully I can save someone else from wasting their money on LG products like I did.

Original review: June 30, 2016

We did a remodel and purchased the microwave LMH2237, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator (ALL LG) - purchased in August 2015. All of the appliances were stored in the garage while the kitchen construction took place so nothing was installed until November 2015. These appliances are basically less than 7 months old and the microwave went out last night as I was defrosting and then turned on the fan. We checked our electrical panel but it was not the issue. I cannot believe I have to take a day off of work to wait for service to fix an item that has barely been used. DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT purchase the LG Microwave hood with fan - this model was made in China in July 2015. In fact, ALL AMERICANS should STOP buying crap made overseas and show these corporate greedy monglers that we will not buy crap!!!

Original review: June 20, 2016

Few days after purchasing LMHM2017ST, we would hear a squeaky noise from the turntable when on. It seemed just slightly bothersome then and so live with it.

A few months later, numbers on the touch keypad stopped working one by one. Now most of them don't work. Also many other buttons are not working. The fan and light buttons are also not working causing these features not be available anymore. Next, another issue cropped up - the microwave switches on, on its own, as soon as the door is opened. So there are now multiple problems in a short duration of gentle use.

I called LG customer service but they offered to send someone to fix these issues for a charge of $185 + tax. They would give only 60 days warranty and only on the services performed. They will not guarantee on anything else. It seems they know that there can arise even more problems in future. I bought this microwave because it looked good but other than that it turned out to be a crappy and expensive unit (over $500). I will not buy anything LG in future.

Original review: May 11, 2016

We purchased a microhood at Menards on 04/16/2016. It was to replace a GE microwave which had been over the stove for a number of years. This LG microhood worked for 3 weeks and when I put vegetables in to reheat one day it just didn't heat. I talked to Menards and they said it was up to me to contact LG warranty issues. Trying to understand foreigners is extremely aggravating. Why doesn't anyone keep the jobs in the USA anymore? He had me unplug the microhood to reset it and when that didn't work, tried to find someone to repair it. He was unsuccessful finding a business to work on this product. So now I am stuck waiting for repair scheduling to contact me in a number of days. I need this microwave now!

As far as I am concerned this company no longer exists. I am looking at having to purchase a new washer and kitchen range within the next little while and it will not be an LG. My husband works at a car manufacturer where hundreds of people work and we are going to make sure other employees are forewarned about this company. We certainly never expected to get less than a month's use from an LG product.

Original review: April 5, 2016

DANGEROUS MICROWAVE! Not even a year old and some interior paint chipped after approx. 6 mos. of this brand new LG Microwave. It caused sparking and smelled like something was burning. It more than likely could have caught fire if I didn't catch it right away by pressing "Stop" on the control panel. There was exposed metal inside around the door area where the paint chipped. I didn't return it cause I lost the receipt (I have bank info cause I paid with my Debit Card). I never purchase insurance cause I have been ripped off so much with that. I can't afford to buy another microwave so I put some appliance paint on the chipped area let it dry overnight. It did work, however a few months later it chipped and again MORE SPARKING in a different area. Repeated the process with the appliance paint and again it worked. Shouldn't have to worry about this. I don't walk away when using this microwave cause it's DANGEROUS!

I was also unhappy with this LG Microwave due to it being LOUD, HARD TO SEE CONTROL PANEL, COOKS VERY HOT (OVERCOOKS USING THE CONTROL PANELS TIMED COOKING & TEMP eg... Potatoes, Popcorn etc. I did read reviews prior to purchasing and some of the issues can be overcome, however not the FIRE HAZARD ISSUE! I was surprised to see 4-5 star reviews. I truly believe they are filtered cause I tried to place this review on LG's site and it was not posted? Consumers need to know "Buyer Beware".

Original review: March 29, 2016

On 3/5/16 while cooking a potato in my microwave, the unit started on fire. The microwave shut off and I needed to wait for the fire to burn out before opening the door. It was obvious the unit was irreparable. I contacted LG Customer Service in 3/7/16. At first, they tried to tell me I was to blame. "Misuse of an appliance" because I placed the potato on a paper towel. The manual states a paper towel, paper napkin, paper plate are ALL acceptable. The CSR refused to believe me until she read it herself. Finally, she agreed I was NOT at fault and told me someone would be in touch with me within the next 10 business days.

I uploaded photos of the damage as requested. 10 days later a rep from LG Property and Liability contacted me. "Please upload more photos," which I did. "Was there any other damage?" No. "Any loss of life due to the fire?" No. "Okay, well there's nothing I can do. You'll have to go back to Customer Service." Now I'm back to where I started again facing questions about misuse because of the paper towel. I was advised I would need to pay for an LG technician to come to my house to determine if it was repairable or a total loss. I didn't think I should be expected to pay for the technician since I already knew it's a total loss and the photos support that.

I asked for a manager. Theresa got on the line and told me the same thing except she said I would need the microwave receipt to show the technician. I explained this microwave along with a refrigerator and stove were purchased by the former homeowner just prior to my purchasing the home 3 years ago, so I did not have the receipt. "Well, there is NOTHING I can do for you. You're not the original owner." So after their appliance starts a fire, and 3 weeks of answering their questions, uploading photos, waiting for their assistance, I was advised I'm on my own. They will do nothing for me.

Original review: March 9, 2016

One and done is my motto now when it comes to LG appliances/electronics. This was the first and only time I will ever purchase ANYTHING from this manufacturer. We purchased an LG kitchen suite consisting of a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. All are on the fritz. Over half of the buttons on the microwave do not work which almost makes it unusable; the 1, 2, 3, and more. The "vent," "power," "light" and even more. The largest burner on the stove is gone and the refrigerator makes an odd noise (not the icemaker). We've had the appliances for only about 5 years so no more LG for me. It's just outside the warranty - how convenient for them.

LG Microwaves Company Information

LG TV
1958
Korea Sout
www.lg.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.