Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Microwave & Range Hood

KitchenAid microwaves are available in black, bronze, white and stainless steel. Select from countertop microwaves or hood combination and built-in options. Prices for microwave ovens start at around $500. Optional features include convection cooking, broil elements, crisp wave technology and sensor steam cycles.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Microwave?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Way ahead of our previous Samsung microwave, which needed a new electronics board, 13 months after we put it in. This one is very reliable. Easy to clean. Very dependable also. Bought it at Home Depot. When they installed it, the unit didn’t include the screws, so they had to order a new microwave. But, since then, it has all been seamless.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Just remodeled our kitchen and chose a KitchenAid group of stainless steel built--in appliances. The microwave can also be a convection oven and is wide, tall and very user friendly. Installed above the oven, it is attractive and efficient and we are totally pleased with our appliance choices.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Great product for the money and has many features that are useful. Good looking cabinet design also makes the product very compatible with both countertop and under countertop installation. The keypad is easy to use and offers many options for a variety of ways to cook various foods.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Some of the settings are confusing but this microwave is easy to clean. It's lightweight and space saving but a better color choices. The turntable mechanical can use a upgrade and for the price a square plate for cooking would be wonder considering the price.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

We bought the drawer Microwave from Costco and it was defective. After going back and forth with Grove Appliance, Costco and KitchenAid, after 3 visits by Grove Appliance and getting the parts, it is working. I don't know for how long. Very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

It's easy to use, could use higher power. Over the stove range hood type. It was fairly easy to install, but use 2 people, too cumbersome for doing alone. 800 watts, wish I had purchased 1100 watt model. It was relatively inexpensive. Under $250.00.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I purchase a KitchenAid Built-in Microwave Model KMBS104ESS02 in 2017. In January of 2020 it wasn't heating and of course our warranty was no longer valid. My husband has worked on microwaves before. He tested the Magnetron, Diode and High Voltage Capacitor and purchased all three new and installed in March of 2020. It worked for approximately 1 1/2 months and went again. He purchased the same parts again on May 20, 2020 costing another $263.27 totalling $526.54 to repair. This lasted through June.

He called KitchenAid and was told that it is probably the motherboard and too expensive to replace just get rid of it. So we paid approximately $1,000.00 for the microwave new and spent $526.54 on repairing totalling $1,526.54 and was told to get rid of it. Great customer service response. My husband was so upset he threw it out and purchased a new Frigidaire for 1/3 the cost of the Kitchenaid. How sad is that. I am attaching one of the receipts from May 20,2020 cannot find other receipt. My husband pick up parts from Appliance Parts in Old Bridge NJ in March.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Model YKMCS1016GSO microwave, cabinets designed to accommodate this model, 18 months old and the keypad no longer works, some numbers failed first but then the start button failed making this useless, knowing what I know now I wouldn't have accepted this for free, the aggravation and cost of a retrofit (won't be Kitchenaid) far exceed the original purchase, this was a new house with 4 new Kitchenaid appliances, waiting for the rest to hit the proverbial fan. Would not recommend kitchenaid to anyone. I had to select one star as zero was not an option.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Our Upper Microwave Oven is putting lots of steam on the glass door while cooking fresh vegetables. It's an older unit and I was looking for some suggestions using KitchenAid "Chat". After filling out the whole form and explaining our problem, got a message saying "You must register your product". I did not do that when the product was purchased, although I purchased their extended warranty for a few years. Only needed suggestion to solve the steaming problem. Calls and Chat did not work. Do not waste your time!!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

We bought all new Kitchen Aid top of the line appliances. Before year was up replaced 2 circuit boards in fridge. 1 in stove and dishwasher does not dry and leave a purple film in dishwasher. Have to bleach weekly. Now the microwave has broken for the 3rd time. Started with “close door” then no light, now absolutely no power. Blacked out. Absolutely disgusted with these appliances. Over 10g wasted. DO NOT recommend kitchen aid. Do your homework. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: March 10, 2020

My three year old KitchenAid microwave oven started glitching intermittently but now just wont work. When the door is open the light doesn't come on and when you close the door and enter a setting it says to open the door, when you do that it starts saying to enter the clock time. Kitchenaid doesn't have a service help line, just an appointment scheduling system. Guess I'll have to buy another brand!!!!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I purchased a second Kitchenaid microwave KMCS1016GSSo after my first one lasted about 11 years. My custom cabinets were built to fit this microwave and trim kit. I purchased the extended warranty coverage although this model received poor ratings. But it fit perfectly into my cabinets. I specifically asked 2 years ago when purchasing the second unit if anything goes out on microwave would I receive a replacement. I was told “yes, we’ll replace the microwave since we don’t repair countertop models.”

About 2 weeks ago the lcd display digits started to burn out. I checked online and found this same model is still being produced. I called Whirlpool who’s the parent company to discuss my options since I had 2 more years on extended warranty. After escalation to 3 levels of supervisors I was told they would only send me the depreciated amount of the microwave. The terms state replace or give cash settlement. But I was told at this time they are not replacing the microwaves. This is very upsetting and breach of what I was told when I purchased the extended warranty because this model fits my cabinet and trim kit.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

A $600 microwave should last more than 16 months. Ours did not. The LED start button is inoperative, making the unit worthless to us, because of a 1 year warranty. Find another manufacturer or purchase a longer warranty.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I too purchased a KitchenAid microwave convection hood combo. From the beginning the venting fan did not work well. Repairman did what he could to improve it but told me that it was designed primarily as a microwave and the hood function was secondary. This was covered under warranty. After warranty was up, the handle to open the door broke off at the bottom screw. This was because it is screwed into plastic on the inside of the door, and every time you pull the door open it strains this attachment. So the plastic broke. I was able to attach a metal strip inside and rescrew the handle in, reinforced by this metal strip. However each opening and closing puts strain on the rest of the plastic inner door that gets latched to the unit.

The entire inner door plastic is now coming loose which causes faulty connections in the buttons on the outer door. So sometimes they do not work at all when you press on them. I have temporarily reinforced the inner plastic with superglue and electrical tape to hold it in place. But I have no idea how long this will last before I end up needing a whole new door. I should not have to superglue plastic parts in a $700 microwave!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Extremely disappointed that our Kitchenaid microwave magnetron has failed after only 2.5 years and requires $325 to repair (65% of the purchase price new). We have never put metal in the unit, which, after researching, appears to be the only possible operator cause of failure, meaning a part that is reportedly supposed to last 22 years is clearly defective from the factory. Service staff on the phone have been quite kind and sympathetic, but unable to help. They encouraged me to email the company directly, which I have done with the above verbiage, requesting explanation of their policy to not cover this under warranty, especially after seeing so many other people complain of the same issue. The company has not responded. The service tech who diagnosed says he's seeing this more and more, as the appliances are being built less and less robustly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I bought a Kitchenaid microwave/convection oven 3 years ago. Kept saying handle is not closed. Then stopped working altogether. What really made me mad is that when you call customer service, you can't get anyone. I have been disconnected while waiting for a representative. Not sure why they have a positive reputation.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We purchased KitchenAid Model# KMHC319ESS-3 and after 2 years since the purchase it was necessary to replace the magnetron, a major part of a microwave. It cost us more than half the price of the microwave for this replacement. A major part of the workings of the appliance shouldn't break after 2 years. Will not buy a KitchenAid product again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We bought the Kitchenaid combination microwave/convection oven in 2017. Our problem with the unit is a faulty door latch, that apparently is a manufacturing flaw which Kitchenaid is not addressing. Sometimes as we attempt to use the microwave, we get a message that says "open/close door". This is an indication that the latch portion that is in the unit (not the door) recedes back into the unit. We have had a repair man come twice to fix the problem, with a standard $89 fee that Kitchenaid does not recognize as covered under warranty. The second time he came, he told us he gets many calls for this problem, and showed us how to fix it ourselves to avoid the service call. It is a 30 minute nuisance to get into the panel for a temporary fix. We are disappointed that Kitchenaid would sell a product that is destined to malfunction repeatedly. We are hopeful they will stand behind their good reputation and fix this manufacturer's error.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We purchased a countertop $599 microwave in February, 2018 for our small business of 7 employees. After about 13 months the open latch broke. Of course the warranty had just ended and so we had to pay to repair it. In October, 2019 it completely stopped working. Called the store where I bought it, they said I had to call KitchenAid directly and gave me the model and serial number information I needed. KitchenAid (Whirlpool) told me they didn't have the parts for this model and that they don't repair their countertop microwaves.

This micro was used maybe 2X per week to reheat employee leftovers or warm water for tea. It is absolutely crazy that it worked for less than 2 years. Avoid KitchenAid microwaves at all costs! They offered no resolution other than I could buy another one! Really? I will NEVER buy another appliance - microwave or otherwise - from KitchenAid. I have microwaves that I paid less than $100 for that have lasted five times as long and have been used far more frequently!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We purchased the new low profile style of KitchenAid microwave hood combination to replace a 21 year old Maytag model. I could no longer get parts for the "old girl" so decided to update. Installed the new unit in March of 2019. The performance of the microwave is as I expected from a higher end product. The model upgrades to LED lighting and the exhaust fan features are all pluses for this unit. The microwave touchpad and programs have worked very well. I would be rating this unit with 5 stars at this point except for one major flaw....

There are (5) chrome buttons on the front face of the microwave to control the lighting, fan, open the door, cancel program, and start menu programs. On the surface of the buttons lettering had been stenciled to identify the function for each of these (5) buttons. After about 6 months of use the lettering has become faint and/or disappeared. Of course the two buttons used the most "START" and "OPEN" are now basically missing any lettering to identify the function of that button.

In September I decided to contact KitchenAid Customer Experience Center about the problem. I first used the contact via e-mail found on the KitchenAid website explaining the issue with the button lettering disappearing. Received a response about 5 days later stating they were sorry I was experiencing and understood it could be frustrating. Then went on to state quote "When touching the control panel, be sure there are no oils or lotion on your fingers. This can damage the lettering and finish.". They would be sure to pass on my complaint for review and future improvements. Of course this response did not sit well with me. What kitchen appliance should not stand up to "normal" use with your skin oils or other kitchen products touching its surfaces.

I then called to arrange for a service call on the microwave again explaining to the representative my issue with missing button lettering. After much discussion of the problem they basically categorized the problem as "cosmetic" and therefore excluded under their warranty. The warranty in the User Guide also stipulates in bold lettering "The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer". No service call was set up at this point.

After a couple more e-mail exchanges with Consumer Correspondence Team personnel, they recommended I arrange a service call to have a local KitchenAid repair technician look at my problem. I asked them to waive any costs for the service visit IF the technician could not classify the defect as anything other than what they had already called "cosmetic". They could not provide me with such a waiver and no service call was arranged.

I would say the Customer Experience Center personnel listened to my complaint and understood my dissatisfaction, but could not help resolve the problem. I even asked them to just send a set of new buttons and I would be a happy customer. I don't think that is going to happen either. No further communications for a couple of weeks now.

Like I stated earlier, I now have (2 of 5) buttons without identification as to their function. The User Guide does not pictures of these buttons so you cannot lookup what the buttons do, good thing for our memory I guess. The frustration is the lettering should be able to withstand normal use in a kitchen environment without rubbing off. It is more than a cosmetic issue. Thus the reason for the 2-star rating for this appliance. I just want current and future customers to be aware of this issue. A photo is attached of the right hand side buttons showing the lettering disappearing with use.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We spent $665.11 on a microwave that lasted 1 year and 2 months. As is does not fall into their 1 year warranty, they refuse to help or compensate in any way. We had the same issue with a $900 dishwasher we purchased from KitchenAid a couple of years ago. BOTH appliances stopped working after exactly 1 year! It would seem that they are in the business of manufacturing CHEAP China appliances that break shortly after their warranty so you must purchase another one.

Customer service is no help at all. They just read from a script repeating the same sentence over and over again. Other companies like Black & Decker and GE have much better customer service and ability to help customers when their products do not work. Would shop from them instead! KitchenAid KCMS1655BSS 1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with 1200 Cooking Watts, 9 Quick-Touch Cycles, Recessed Turntable.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I purchased a KitchenAid microwave model# KMCS3022GSS and trim kit in May, 2018 as we were in the process of remodeling our kitchen and the cabinet maker needed the dimensions of the unit to build the cabinets. I knew that I was taking a warranty risk as it was going to take 8 months to get my cabinets but I expected KitchenAid products to be high quality. However, in less than 8 months of actual operation the microwave has died and from what I’m reading on this site it can’t be repaired so I’m out over $500. I’ve been a loyal Whirlpool/KitchenAid customer but it’s time to look for another supplier.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We purchased a combination oven & microwave/convection oven in 2008, the microwave recently began to not heat food and drinks. We notified KitchenAid and were referred to a local repair who diagnosed the problem and said it would require a new magnetron and control board, with labor the cost would be $650+, we decided the cost of the repair was much less than a new oven and microwave and committed to the repair. Repair was made, microwave now functions/heats food and drinks at a fraction of the previous level. Had repairman return today to diagnose and repair again. He proceeded to do test as dictated by KitchenAid's factory tech on the phone with him, "fill vessel with 10oz. of water, check temperature, heat for 30 seconds and check again". The difference was +20 degrees hotter which is the lowest level of their benchmark for acceptable being acceptable.

Bottom line is it still doesn't heat as it did before the $650+ repair. I then spoke with rep at Kitchenaid for an hour expressing my displeasure and asking for help, their answer’s sorry but it's a 10-11 year old appliance and they don't perform as well when they're that old is the final word from them. My question to her was why didn't anyone mention that before we committed to the repair, she was silent on that. Sooo, I will not advocate KitchenAid as a quality product again much less purchase another of their appliances. I will advise others to look elsewhere when shopping for appliances! I have also filed a dispute with my credit card company in an effort to recover some of the cost we incurred.

Original review: July 16, 2019

We have had this microwave for 20 years, and we have never had a problem of any kind. The keys are flat on the front and are a little difficult to keep clean, but otherwise we have had no problems with function at all.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The overall performance is good, with the exception that to me there are times that it doesn't seem to heat the item. It's almost like there is a dead zone. The biggest complaint that I have is cleaning the crumbs or splash debris that ends up between the unit and its door.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The KitchenAid Microwave I have is an over the stove. It is stainless steel in color. It's great 95% of the time at heating food. Tried to cook corn on the cob and it overheated and shut off. It took over 30 minutes before it would work again. For now I'm going to stick to warming foods and making popcorn.

Original review: July 9, 2019

This microwave oven is a replacement for the Electrolux that I previously owned. I would not own another because I had several issues before it totally stopped working. I have only owned this KitchenAid microwave for a few months but it's been great and has more features than I will ever use. It's also a convection air oven which I like very much even though we don't use that feature very much.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My Kitchenaid microwave has a browning unit, a temperature probe, a multitude of settings some of which I have never used. So glad I bought this when I remodeled my kitchen. Reliability is a must!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Have a two month old microwave that’s broken down twice. Two months old, called KitchenAid multiple times for service. After the last break down we contacted KitchenAid again. We wanted a replacement their defective product. But that is not their KitchenAid’s policy. Their policy’s is to send a repair person out and try to fix their mistakes. That’s until it’s out of their “1” year warranty. “DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY”. Forgot to mention, KitchenAid has a very rude customer service department. You can hear them snickering at you when you’re on the phone trying to get help. -- Don, a certified multi KitchenAid appliance buyer. Never again.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased a KitchenAid model kmhs120ess microwave and after plugging it up and running it for around 3 minutes I saw some smoke and when I opened the door the latches we're on fire.... So I unplugged and that I'd reach out to make people aware.

KitchenAid Microwave Company Information