Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Microwave & Range Hood

KitchenAid microwaves are available in black, bronze, white and stainless steel. Select from countertop microwaves or hood combination and built-in options. Prices for microwave ovens start at around $500. Optional features include convection cooking, broil elements, crisp wave technology and sensor steam cycles.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Microwave?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I have had my current KitchenAid microwave for a few years and I can honestly state that this is the best brand I have ever had. I cook a lot with this unit and have not had any issues to date with it. This unit by far cooks as close to recipe cook times than any other brand I have ever had. I have bought at least 5 other units and feel the KitchenAid has been the best bang for the buck.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Way ahead of our previous Samsung microwave, which needed a new electronics board, 13 months after we put it in. This one is very reliable. Easy to clean. Very dependable also. Bought it at Home Depot. When they installed it, the unit didn’t include the screws, so they had to order a new microwave. But, since then, it has all been seamless.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Just remodeled our kitchen and chose a KitchenAid group of stainless steel built--in appliances. The microwave can also be a convection oven and is wide, tall and very user friendly. Installed above the oven, it is attractive and efficient and we are totally pleased with our appliance choices.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Great product for the money and has many features that are useful. Good looking cabinet design also makes the product very compatible with both countertop and under countertop installation. The keypad is easy to use and offers many options for a variety of ways to cook various foods.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Some of the settings are confusing but this microwave is easy to clean. It's lightweight and space saving but a better color choices. The turntable mechanical can use a upgrade and for the price a square plate for cooking would be wonder considering the price.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

KitchenAid has always delivered nothing short of an amazing product without lasting durability and many fun fashionable colors to choose from for any decor. They are my go "to Brand" and leave me skeptical when looking at others.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I put a small potato in microwave and set the automatic feature. Within a few minutes the smoke detector in the dining room went off and I noticed that the microwave was on fire. About 3/4 of the potato was completely burned to a black crisp while about 1/4 of the same potato was burned but no black. The fire was so hot that the microwave plate was burned. This was my second experience with a fire in a Kitchenaid microwave. The first time was during the warranty period 2 years ago. The company was supposed to have fixed the problem.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

My Microwave oven cost me more than 5000.00. After one year problem after problem. Never fixed. The service Provider Field Appliance is the only company they deal with which is another bad things. I called them to replace my entire unit, they refused it and they gave me coupon 40% off of their Website. Since the problem start I spend over 1500. 00 dollars to diagnose cost. This is really bad manufactured product. It's not worth for the money we pay. I prefer any other brand appliances to my house.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I purchased a Kitchenaid microwave model KMCC5015GSS for nearly $700.00 just over two years ago. It now needs a magnetron but according to my own research and the repair technician, this part is not available. Further, trying to contact Kitchenaid about this problem is an absolute torture. I have on three occasions spent over 30 minutes on hold. I still have hope that someone will eventually be able to help me with this repair but my experience so far is extremely bad or non-existent. Does Kitchenaid expect me to throw this microwave out? If so, I will never be purchasing another Whirlpool or Kitchenaid product again.

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2021

After numerous calls with customer service reps I was finally able to talk to one that understood my position and she committed to replacing the microwave with a new one.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Purchased the microwave, direct from KitchenAid on March 17, 2020. When we received it, the door would periodically pop open when cooking items which would turn the microwave off. I filed a claim in February, with a scheduled service time of March 2, within the original manufacturer’s warranty. The service company came out and said they needed to order parts and would need to come back while also telling me that I would need to have the microwave removed because they are an "one-man shop" and can't remove it. When parts arrived, I told him they would need to bring someone else to help remove microwave. They never showed and completed the service ticket that issue was resolved.

I filed a new claim with another service company, in May, they went through the same parts ordering process and came out on July 27. This new claim is now past the original warranty and into the extended warranty. The service company couldn't fix the problem and said that Whirlpool (KitchenAid) said the frame is bent and the whole unit would need to be replaced. On top of this, after the replacement parts were installed the microwave wouldn’t function at all so now, I am left with a boat anchor and a temporary microwave on the counter.

After waiting almost a month to hear what the outcome was, I contacted Whirlpool to find they will only provide 75% of the original purchase price because I am in the extended warranty period even though the issue was filed during the original warranty period. I have talked with Whirlpool and they support the decision. This is unbelievable customer service. I will never buy another Whirlpool product.

KitchenAid Microwave author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KitchenAid invented the heavy-duty stand-mixer in 1919, and since then has dedicated itself to providing consumers with high-quality kitchen appliances and tools. They sell large and small appliances as well as small kitchen tools.

• Combination ovens: The KitchenAid combination ovens add the traditional convection oven to the microwave for dual-cooking.

• Built-in: For a sleek, smooth addition to your kitchen, the built-in microwave tucks away perfectly to conserve space.

• Sensor steam cycle: The steam cycle provides hydrated heating to vegetables and other items. Steamer container is provided.

• Crispwave: Crisp up bacon, potatoes and other food items with the Crispwave technology and crisper pan.

• Keep warm: Don't worry about your food getting cold once it's finished cooking with this feature.

KitchenAid Microwave Company Information