Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Refrigerators
1.36/5

Kenmore Refrigerators

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2469 Kenmore Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

After purchasing Kenmore 106.51773510 we had a service tech come out to check why it did not produce much ice. He verified that it produced the proper amount of ice - 8 cubes every 1.5+ hours. This large side by side can barely produce enough ice for a single person, let alone a family.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Horrible.. Don’t buy Kenmore! We are on our second compressor for this 2 year old piece of junk, and now it stopped working AGAIN! Each time it has taken 6 weeks to get repaired... each time they replace the compressor with another faulty compressor because that’s what the warranty covers. We are cutting our losses and going fridge shopping for a more reliable brand. If I could give zero stars I would.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Kenmore Elite fridge. This is the fifth time they have been out to fix fridge. Doesn’t stay cold. Purchased Nov 2016. Installed May 2017. Broken May 2018, July 2018, Sept 2018 and April 2019. Now broken again July 2019 and they will not say it’s a lemon. So frustrating. Don’t buy horrible product and no customer service.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We bought a Kenmore refrigerator just over one year ago, and now it won't stay cold (this was our 3rd fridge because the first two broke down leaking within the first couple weeks. They were under warranty so they were replaced). Anyhow, this third fridge lasted a whole year.... ridiculous. We spent $1,000 on the appliance. Average lifespan of a fridge is about 7 years. Our warranty was one year, therefore we had no warranty left. When trying to call to talk to someone I could never get through EVER. I tried several times. I then tried the "chat" service. I made an appt (only time available was a month out). I tried several times through the chat service to complain about the fact that we have only had it a little over one year. No one could help me, they would just say "sorry, for the inconvenience". I continued to get the runaround. They would just send me to all different departments via the chat service.

I also tried four different phone numbers (that were either given to me on their online chat service or phone numbers I saw on online) however, ALL the different phone numbers linked me back to the same automated service. I was on hold for over one hour and hung up because no one answered. NO ONE helped me. I am shocked. Since we have only had the fridge for a little over a year, I felt that it would be nice to talk to someone about this and hope to get some sort of discount. Never will I ever purchase a Kenmore appliance again. Awful support and customer service. I have never written a negative review before so please take this in consideration. I would hate for anyone to waste as much time as I did.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Compressor broke within 2 yrs. Still under warranty but almost 2 months now and still not fixed. Had us wait all day to come out to fix and then called after 5 and told us we had to reschedule. Finally showed up and found they ordered wrong part. Gotta wait again. Thank God we could borrow my son's old old fridge otherwise we would be completely WITHOUT a fridge. Sears told us to notify our insurance company for loss of use!! Thought I was buying quality product but all we got was a high priced cheaply made refrigerator and very very poor customer service. And they are very aware of this problem but not seeing any recalls. Never again Sears! Kenmore! LG!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: June 26, 2019

Bought a Kenmore Elite Fridge in December 2013, when remodeling our kitchen. The compressor went last week, June 2019, and there is no 10 year warranty on Sears LG compressors. LG Canada was useless and stated even though it is their product, they are not responsible for its compressor. It’s a $3,500 fridge and we’re out the major cost of a new compressor. A class action suit in the USA gives us food for thought. Don’t buy Kenmore Appliances and especially not LG Appliances.

Original review: June 24, 2019

We have had our Kenmore Elite refrigerator for 3 years and it has totally quit working. The internal compressor has failed which is more than 1000 to repair. Waste of money!!! Not going to own another Kenmore ever.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator from Sears less than three years ago. I have had technicians out at least three times this year because it keeps breaking. I get a different story and different bill from them every time. It is broken again, and had another appointment scheduled for tomorrow. 6/19/19. Now it is pushed back to next week. And I keep getting charged, and now Sears has raised the diagnostic fee for a call out by 13%. Last technician told me they have a lot of problems with the Kenmore Elite refrigerators - DON'T BUY ONE!!!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore French Door Refrigerator Model 74012. They no longer sell this model. My refrigerator ran fine for 2.5 years. Here are the events regarding my Kenmore Model 74012: 4/25/19 The refrigerator went to room temperature. Called Sears Warranty on 4/26/29. I lost over $600 in food and got reimbursed for $300 in food through Sears Master Protection Warranty. Getting food reimbursement was the easy part. Technician came 5 days later. Part came 3 days after Technician ordered it. 18 days from reporting the problem, I have a repairman replacing my compressor.

5/14/19 Technician replaced the Compressor. The refrigerator & freezer never got cold (not even a little). Another tech was sent out and parts were ordered... 20 days later... 5/24/19 Technician replaced the Condenser and Filter Dryer. The fridge & freezer worked for 2 days. I lost food ($160) & got reimbursed for all of it. On 5/26, I was calling but it was before Memorial Day. I had to wait until 5/28 to call in the repair. Really bad timing. 6/7/19 Technician replaced the evaporator, refrigerator cabinet and filter dryer. Labor was over $900 and the warranty covered parts & labor. This was the cost of another refrigerator. Refrigerator will not get colder than 50 degrees.

I was really upset. A family of 6 did not have a refrigerator for over 42 days. And we still do not have one. Sears agreed to buy me a new fridge. I am now shopping for a new one. Had I not had the extended warranty I would have had thousands of dollars into repairing this refrigerator and still had a broken refrigerator. So the warranty was worth it. Since I know that the inside of my refrigerator is LG, I will not buy LG or Kenmore as I look for another refrigerator. They lost my business. I got a Kenmore back in 1998 that lasted for 10 years. It was replaced by another Kenmore that lasted for 6 years. Followed by this one that lasted for 2.5 years. I see a trend.

I have been without a full sized refrigerator for over 6 weeks. Sears is extremely slow to book a diagnostic and repair appointment. Repairmen missed their 4 hour window 2 out of 3 times. On the last appointment repairman showed up at 3:00 when the window was 10-2:00. I had to take time off from work multiple times losing precious vacation time. AND I STILL HAVE A NON-FUNCTIONING REFRIGERATOR! Regarding the refrigerator, it worked very well for 2.5 years. I liked the slide away shelves and big open bins in the doors. I will look for these features in my next one. I didn't like the 1 Full-Width, Adjustable Temperature Drawer because it would often stick and not push in well. I always had a fear that it was going to break. As I shopped around tonight for another refrigerator, it seems that this drawer still has its issues. It is cheaply made and does not slide open/close very well.

The spill proof shelves leak. You spill something, expect to not get it cleaned very well unless you take all the shelving out. I found spills in places I did not know existed. The last repairman had to take all the shelving out to replace the refrigerator cabinet or evaporator. This exposed our spills. He did not seat the shelving and drawers back properly. None of the drawers shut very well and the drawers are crooked. Since my refrigerator is empty at the moment, I can honestly say that if I had food in there, the drawers would not open. It is running for the past week at 50 degrees. It won't get colder. So I am keeping some of my fruit and water in there. Since the shelving is not seated properly, the shelving is rubbing from the normal vibrations of the refrigerator making noise.

The french doors have their issue too on this model. The repairman came out within a week after we purchased the refrigerator to adjust the doors and mentioned that it is best to close the left door then the right. Open the right and then the left. You can see how it closes & overlaps and looks like something that could break. Poor design. In my opinion and experience, I would say that Kenmore's quality has dropped. Repair work has dropped in quality too. Sear's warranty, although expensive, is worth the money.

My final take on refrigerators is that Congress should be looking into the quality of appliances and how the consumer is being ripped off. As I read reviews of all Makes and Models it seems that Makers of refrigerators are making them disposable within a few years like our cell phones (comparison made since cell phones can cost just as much as some of the lower capacity refrigerators).

Original review: June 10, 2019

Purchased a new Kenmore Refrigerator less than a year ago and it has already stopped working. Kenmore used to have good appliance products, but not anymore. This model is actually made by LG, and had a history of compressor issues. It looks great and has nice features, but it will not last. After working fine for 10 months, I noticed the freezer defrosting and had to throw away everything in it. Also noticed the fridge getting warm. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty, so I thought.

I called Sears and they said they could not send out a technician for a week. After calling several times, I was able to get the appointment moved up a few days. The technician said the compressor had failed and it would take a couple of weeks to get the parts. He said it was common problem. You would think they would have the parts on hand if they know it happens often. I have requested a replacement, too avail. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY a Kenmore. Get Whirlpool instead.

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information