2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators

Kenmore Refrigerators
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Sears no longer honors Kenmore refrigerators service and parts. You won't get them to admit to that, they will just give you the run-around until you give up. I ordered a shelf for my Kenmore on July 2, 2020. Sears required me to pay in full at the original time of the order. It's been seven months and not only have they not delivered my part, they have canceled my order without informing me and without refunding my money. I only found out because I remembered to go online and check the status of my order. The status is 'canceled', as of Dec. 30 (a month ago) but they never informed me and they kept my money. I have been in touch 4 times over the last 7 months and every time they have assured me the part is almost ready. Obviously, they never intended to send it and have decided to keep my money. I'm sure many people forget over time and this is probably a successful source of free income for them, even though it's quite unethical.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Updated on 01/26/2021: My first review on 1/4/2021 was about a failed compressor. Today is the 1/26/2021 and the tech finally came to fix the compressor. He advised me that there are a lot of problems with these compressors. He told me that when the compressor goes a black liquid runs through the refrigerator lines. He flushed the system but said it was not guaranteed to be fully flush. He then proceeded to tell me that if there is black fluid left and it gets into the compressor it will ruin it. He then told me that the compressor will probably fail within 2 years or less after paying $300 dollars to have it fixed. If it breaks I will need to pay again to service the refrigerator. This feels like a giant scam and Sears and Kenmore should be held accountable for the faulty parts they use on their products. Unsatisfied Customer!!!

Original Review: I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator approximately 4 years ago because my last Kenmore was well made. The compressor already failed only after 4 yrs. Kenmore is using a LG compressor. If I wanted an LG I would’ve purchased LG. I am very disappointed and will never buy a Kenmore again. Putting cheaper parts to save money will only cost you customers!! Kenmore should fix every last compressor problem.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I purchased a brand new Kenmore refrigerator 8/2018 and the compressor blew 9/27/2020. I called to set an appointment date for service and they failed to show. My appointments are now continuing to be rescheduled later and later in the month. This has changed every other day via text or automated calls from 10/6, to 10/7 to 10/19, to now 10/20! I have received no explanation as to why my appointments keep getting changed and no acknowledgment regarding a service request for a refrigerator which is an ESSENTIAL household item.

I’ve expressed that I have 3 children in my home and that I was buying ice to preserve milk and eggs in coolers. I’ve lost wages leaving work for a service that never occurred, in addition to losing all my food in the refrigerator and freezer! No coverage because I didn’t purchase an extended warranty. I paid $170 for an outside technician to come Evaluate and repair but I have to have a Sears technician inspect it. The compressor is covered under the manufacturer warranty but I’m responsible for the service visit fee- no problem, if I can only get someone out to do the service. I never imagined that I would have a major part go in just 2 years. All my appliances are Kenmore????

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Sears, led by Eddie Lampert, steals your money and gives you when the runaround when their refrigerator fails in less than 3 years multiple times. They buy their garbage from LG (LITERALLY GARBAGE) that is made so poorly that Russian manufacturers laugh in mocking hysteria at how unreliable yet expensive these refrigerators are.

You will lose thousands of dollars in tossed away food because the refrigerator fails again and again and again and again. Mind you, you paid nearly $4000 for the privilege of owning utter trash. If the local Sears wasn’t all camera'd up, I’d drop this stainless steel turd in front of their store. These refrigerators are absolutely 100% designed to fail. No engineer would want his/her name attached to such a failure.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Fridge died after just 7 years. The compressor only has a 10-year warranty but when the compressor goes out it causes other damage that costs in the thousands to repair so warranty is worthless. Repairs cost as much as the new fridge; ELITE line.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

There have been two minor problems with the bottom freezer. First was frost build-up under and behind the drawer. There was an obstruction of the air flow into the freezer compartment, repaired. Second is the ice cube fill tube, it was allowing water to be dripped into the tray. This is still as problem.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I like my Kenmore. It runs well and is pretty energy efficient. I haven't had any experience with their customer service so I gave them a four. I got the warranty that came with it which was at a good price.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I really love this fridge. The double doors make it very easy to grab and put away groceries. Not to mention all the space for larger dishes and groceries. The freezer part is very deep so you’re about to put a lot of stuff in.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Our Kenmore bottom freezer fridge cost $1700 and the dreaded LG compressor quit cooling in less than 3 years. Purchased Oct. 2017 and quit cooling July 2020. Opened the fridge and water from ice went all over the floor. Fridge and freezer were both way above correct temps. Had to throw out every thing. I noticed the compressor was VERY hot so I unplugged it until a repairman could look at it. Turned it on before he came and 3 hours later he said he could have fried an egg on it. And that it needed a new compressor and was the LG brand made for Kenmore and known to have this compressor problem. Very disappointing as my previous Kenmore fridge lasted 25+ years.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My refrigerator is 5 years old. Almost (to the day) at 5 year point the condenser died. I do have an extended warranty, so what could have been a very Very expensive fix...wasn’t. They took an LG condenser out & replaced with an LG condenser. The tech performing the task told me they’re only good for 5 years!

Kenmore Refrigerators Company Information