2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I brought my Jenn-Air 2017 for $9840.49 and within that same year the light inside the fridge was not working. Since then I have called for services every one because there is always issue with the lights. This month I was told the light are deem not repairable. I had bought extended warranty on it and now they want to buy me out for $5800.00. My only issue is that I don't need any buyout, I just want my refrigerator to be replace. Bad product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Brand new Jenn-Air refrigerator model number JFFCC72EHL02 delivered 1 week ago has not worked at all. Right out of the box -- not working. Had to wait several days for service to come out to reset the unit and take it out of "showroom" mode. That didn't work. Now waiting another week to have service out again to have the control board replaced. Did I mention this is a brand new right out of the box refrigerator? Why should a brand new unit need to have major parts replaced? This model is expensive -- for $4700.00 I was expecting a lot more. Very disappointed so far.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2020

I wrote a review last week expressing my dissatisfaction with my nearly near Jennair refrigerator. Since then Jennair has really stepped up to the plate. Their customer service staff were very helpful, they spoke with my service provider and have made arrangements to exchange my refrigerator with the latest, most up-to-date model. It will take about 6 weeks to get the unit, which I understand as many places are back-ordered. I do have old units in the garage which will tide me over, and the refrigerator portion of my current Jennair is working at an adequate level.

Although not happy with the need to have these conversations, they were very forthcoming, acknowledged the issue and did not try to extend the process. I feel their response has been appropriate. They did not try to "low-ball" me with a model which is below what I currently have and provided the top of the line in a comparable unit. I am very pleased and want to commend them on their approach to solving this problem for me.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

My Jenn-Air refrigerator Model #JFFCC72EFP is a beautiful unit, and relatively expensive (in the $4500 range). After 15 months of operation the freezer stopped working and ice was unavailable. My service company has been heroic in their attempts to solve this problem. Jenn-Air's response was "as long as it is repairable, it must be repaired". I have not had a functioning freezer for close to 2 months now. After reading reviews, which I should have done prior to purchasing the unit, it appears this is a known problem. Customers have indicated repairs made are not long lasting. I do not care to come home from a weekend trip to find my freezer isn't working again. I have no confidence in this unit, in spite of any heroic measures my service company may undertake.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

The upper refrigerator section freezes items because of the design where freezer air is used to cool the section. Essentially, half of the space is unusable. The dealer, the service department and customer service people know this and provide no solution or advise - “it is what it is”. I would not recommend the model (JF C2290REM00) to anyone, in fact I am not sure I would recommend any Jenn-Air product based on the service and customer help provided - none.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Bought new Jennair refrigerator and it has crack inside cabinet. Contacted co. No satisfaction. Reached out to Mgmt CC ** , Steve **. No action. Poor quality products and Poor customer service. Will not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Refrigerator Glass shelves are too short resulting in items falling off the back of shelves. Door seals have been replaced twice in two years. Oven doesn’t brown during roasting or baking. Takes much longer than directions to cook. Last call to Jenn-Air was not at all satisfactory. Meets specs....not important that it doesn’t work correctly. Very expensive product, but not value for money. My advice...buy another brand.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I bought a Jenn-Air three-door refrigerator with water/ice dispenser in the door in August 2017 when I did a major remodel. In less than a year, it stopped cooling. It took three different service calls to "fix" it - it had to finally be totally disassembled in order to replace several faulty parts. I lost hundreds of dollars of food. The repair guy was familiar with the problem because it had occurred so frequently! Now, 1 1/2 years later, I am having the same problem with it not cooling. I foolishly thought that Jenn-Air was an upgrade from KitchenAid, and paid dearly for this piece of crap. I would gladly have it hauled away if it hadn't cost so much to begin with. I will never ever buy Jenn-Air again, and I strongly recommend that you not waste your money on this flawed product..

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We bought our samsung French door refrigerator May 2015. I love the looks and the size, however it stopped working mid August 2019, little over 4 yrs. We’ve been told it needs to be replaced. We have been led to believe that it’s the ice maker. However we were told that if we kept it we would have to keep spending money on it. We turned off the water source. No more ice or water on the front. We will see how long it lasts before we have to replace it....however, we paid dearly for those features! Samsung needs to do something about their poor manufacturing. We have a daughter with the same problem, with a side by side.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased a number of appliances from Jenn-Air one of which was the refrigerator drawer. This particular refrigerator drawer has given us problems from the start and we have called the repair people to fix it many times. Now conveniently after the warranty has expired the repair agent informed us that there had been a manufacturing default to begin with, and now there’s nothing they can do to fix it. When I called the customer service and spoke to a woman named Lauren who is the highest supervisor at Jen Air according to her she said all she could do was offer a 15% discount on our next purchase but could not do anything more to help us.

This is rather shortsighted as now we will never replace our aging appliances with the Jenn-air brand ever again because of the issues we’ve been having with the refrigerator and the way this customer service person has handled our complaint. It is clear that they only value dollars spent rather than customers themselves... Save yourself the trouble and buy from someone who actually cares.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought this unit over 15 years ago and it is great. Have had to unplug drain and defrost a few times and replaced hinge on bottom of fridge door. Made one myself as none available and Sears sold me one but it was for top. Too bad a simple hinge could not be procured from Jenn-Air. Would buy another one if it was as good as this but sadly all appliances are not made very good. Had a Crosley which lasted 32 years!

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Company Information