Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Purchased in 2018. Interior is a beautiful obsidian design with LED lights. LED freezer light went out in March 2021 which caused top refrigerator lights to go out as well. April 2021 replaced freezer light which corrected the issue. August 2021 freezer light went out again, once again, top refrigerator lights went out as well. Jenn-Air reports LED lights on back order! In the interim, 4 other interior refrigerator lights went out. September 9, 2021 bottom light was replaced however problem still not resolved. As of this date September 21, 2021, 6 refrigerator lights and 1 freezer light are still not working. Jenn-Air repair service is terrible, no communication with customer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I have to say when we had this refrigerator installed by the company that we bought it from, it has been a real pain. It was big money and we expected a serious experience but it has been nothing like that. The refrigerator was not designed well and the lines revealing the unit are un-even. The installation MUST be awful because they cannot get it right even after quite a few different installers. The specialty cover that covers the compressor does not fit well on the top and it continually loses its position and falls off and if not it crooked in the hole (Poor design).

Even worse, the door does not close easy. It continually stays partially open requiring you to return to the refrigerator over and over. I have had installers return to my house 3 times now and I am not expecting it to be resolved. A big money refrigerator should be a dream and this is not. The amount we paid does not even cover the cabinet finish. I will not buy Jenn-Air again.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2021

My wife and I recently had our "New" 48" refrigerator delivered and installed in our kitchen remodel. Aside from not having a kick plate, "It was left at the showroom", after running it for 18 hours we opened the door. As the humidity hit the glass we started seeing shapes that look like the unit was not new but a showroom model that had staging items placed in the unit for display. When I inquired about it to the store where it was purchased, I was assured that it was new in the box and only opened to load it in the truck for delivery. I was told that the rep, unk name, advised that the shapes were made from glass cutting equipment. I have purchased several refrigerators in my lifetime, I have never seen things like this or have been told such a ridiculous story. If the store is telling me the truth, and the unit was opened prior to delivering it to my location, I'm afraid this was a return or refurbished unit that was sold from the factory as new.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We have been extremely frustrated with our brand new Jenn Air refrigerator model JFC2089BEM that came with our new apartment without our choice. We noticed several two big cracks in the floor lining of the freezer unit, which should have been there since beginning. Initially only a repair with sealant was offered, but after several long customer support phone calls, in which we provided proof that it was reported within 30 days of our move-in, Jenn Air agreed to replace it. However, the second new unit has terrible issues with humidity and condensation in the main compartment and severe constant ice buildup in the freezer floor.

The service person found that the freezer door rubber gasket is crooked and does not seal, and ordered for a replacement door, but the door takes 6-8 weeks to arrive at minimum. Meanwhile, the fridge condition remains to be unlivable with: we have to constantly deal with frozen and spoiled vegetables and food in the main compartment, while clearing out ice buildup in the freezer compartment almost every day. What’s worse, the fridge seems to develop further problems with the leak: the compressor starts to make weird loud sounds, sometimes cracking sounds which wakes us up during our sleep.

We are so afraid that even if the defective door is replaced after 8 weeks, the fridge is already damaged to the state that it will continue to have other problems. And this will easily put us in an endless fix loop. We called Jenn Air for any possibility of quicker actions since the fridge is not functioning properly and we suffer from living with it for more months. This time Jenn Air won’t offer a replacement although we again reported within 30 days since they claim it’s repairable, whereas practically this problem is far worse than the cracks. The whole experience is a sheer waste of time and effort, adding to the list of problems we have moving to a new place. The quality of the fridge is evidently questionable based on our two units.

We don’t even understand how such a crooked fridge door could pass the quality control tests. On top of it, their service is not considering the troubles of the customers. We feel they could try some temporary measures to stop further damage to the fridge: e.g., put the proper door of an old fridge or some rubber fix. We are reasonable customers who understand the difficulty of the industry, but putting us in such a living condition with a repairable claim is really unbearable to us. We will certainly never buy or recommend Jenn Air refrigerators. I have never seen such issues with manufacturing and build quality with any of our previous four refrigerators from other mainstream brands like Samsung or GE, which cost mostly half of Jenn Air’s price.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I ordered a complete set from Jenn-air - Fridge, 6 burner stovetop, in-wall oven/micro, dishwasher and compactor. I had an issue with my fridge, back in November. Called the extended warranty line and it took 2 weeks to book a rep. When he came, he found he had to order parts. It has now been 12 weeks and still, these parts are not in. So my fridge has not worked for 14 weeks, and still they have not updated me on when these will be fixed.

Also, my built-in had a failure on the HMI, as well as the main board, which have both been replaced, but now the same issue persists (turns on in the middle of the night, turns off while cooking). They still haven't fixed it. I have never been so frustrated or angry at a company ever. They just keep pushing me off, and here I am with a young child and no fridge.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I brought my Jenn-Air 2017 for $9840.49 and within that same year the light inside the fridge was not working. Since then I have called for services every one because there is always issue with the lights. This month I was told the light are deem not repairable. I had bought extended warranty on it and now they want to buy me out for $5800.00. My only issue is that I don't need any buyout, I just want my refrigerator to be replace. Bad product.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Brand new Jenn-Air refrigerator model number JFFCC72EHL02 delivered 1 week ago has not worked at all. Right out of the box -- not working. Had to wait several days for service to come out to reset the unit and take it out of "showroom" mode. That didn't work. Now waiting another week to have service out again to have the control board replaced. Did I mention this is a brand new right out of the box refrigerator? Why should a brand new unit need to have major parts replaced? This model is expensive -- for $4700.00 I was expecting a lot more. Very disappointed so far.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2020

I wrote a review last week expressing my dissatisfaction with my nearly near Jennair refrigerator. Since then Jennair has really stepped up to the plate. Their customer service staff were very helpful, they spoke with my service provider and have made arrangements to exchange my refrigerator with the latest, most up-to-date model. It will take about 6 weeks to get the unit, which I understand as many places are back-ordered. I do have old units in the garage which will tide me over, and the refrigerator portion of my current Jennair is working at an adequate level.

Although not happy with the need to have these conversations, they were very forthcoming, acknowledged the issue and did not try to extend the process. I feel their response has been appropriate. They did not try to "low-ball" me with a model which is below what I currently have and provided the top of the line in a comparable unit. I am very pleased and want to commend them on their approach to solving this problem for me.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

My Jenn-Air refrigerator Model #JFFCC72EFP is a beautiful unit, and relatively expensive (in the $4500 range). After 15 months of operation the freezer stopped working and ice was unavailable. My service company has been heroic in their attempts to solve this problem. Jenn-Air's response was "as long as it is repairable, it must be repaired". I have not had a functioning freezer for close to 2 months now. After reading reviews, which I should have done prior to purchasing the unit, it appears this is a known problem. Customers have indicated repairs made are not long lasting. I do not care to come home from a weekend trip to find my freezer isn't working again. I have no confidence in this unit, in spite of any heroic measures my service company may undertake.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

The upper refrigerator section freezes items because of the design where freezer air is used to cool the section. Essentially, half of the space is unusable. The dealer, the service department and customer service people know this and provide no solution or advise - “it is what it is”. I would not recommend the model (JF C2290REM00) to anyone, in fact I am not sure I would recommend any Jenn-Air product based on the service and customer help provided - none.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Bought new Jennair refrigerator and it has crack inside cabinet. Contacted co. No satisfaction. Reached out to Mgmt CC ** , Steve **. No action. Poor quality products and Poor customer service. Will not recommend.

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Company Information