Jenn-Air Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They'd get NO Star if that was possible on this review. I am into eighteen (18) months and 10 trips with a Service Technician trying to get these drawers to function like a Refrigerator. The issue started with frayed cables from rubbing against the gliders causing an alarm to go off. The cables got replaced but the unit started to operate as a FREEZER instead of a Fridge. Numerous attempts to change both the Controller and the Display panel and I'm still stuck with a Freezer. For the price of this unit, this guys should be tripping over themselves to FIX this and do it right.

We have a 48" built-in Jenn-Air refrigerator that is 12 years old. Original price was over $7,000 plus an extra $1,500 for the door panels. Recently, the door spring broke so there is no longer any tension on the door (very large heavy door). The door will no longer close properly and is also a safety hazard for our 3 young children. Jenn-Air decided to stop making the spring in 2012. I have searched high and low (google, eBay, Mom and Pop repair shops, etc.) for this part (or a similar one) w/o any luck. Jenn-Air's response was basically "too bad" and that our only option was to replace the fridge! Over a $21 part! The newer version is now $8500 plus new panels (the door front size is now different of course). Our entire kitchen is Jenn-Air (over $25k invested). In retrospect, buying Jenn-Air appliances is one of the biggest mistakes we made during our kitchen remodel. Avoid this brand at all costs!

The Jenn-Air Refrigerator js48ppdbda was installed in 2007, it has been working fine till about 6 months back. There was a noise that would come on intermittently. This noise went away eventually but the freezer was not maintaining the temp. After doing some research it turned out to be the evaporator fan. Bought this online and replaced it. However the core issue was ice developing in the freezer which probably caused the fan to ice up and fail. Called in a local technician. The moisture from the heat exchanger was not flowing out to the drain. This was causing moisture in the freezer, hence the ice build up. He cleaned the heat exchanger thoroughly and the fridge is back up and running. After 9 years expecting a few issues, hopefully the experience going forward will be better than some of the reviews below.

We bought a Jenn-Air JFC2089BEM00 French door refrigerator a year ago. So far no problems except the glass shelves do not go all the way to the back wall. Things are always falling off the back of the shelves. This seems like a serious design flaw to me. Especially when glass bottles fall off I'm afraid something is going to break. Nothing has yet but it sure makes a terrible noise.

We remodeled our home a few years ago which included the remodeling of our kitchen. As part of the appliances purchased for our newly remodeled kitchen included a Jenn-Air Side By Side Refrigerator with water dispenser and ice maker Model #JSD2695KES. Within the last three years of owning the refrigerator we have had trouble with the dispensing of water. The water dispensing function with the unit has failed to work properly and reduced the dispensing of water to a dribble. Also, the door on the right side knocks upon closing and become increasingly work to the point that it will not close firmly causing air to escape through the door seal.

After at least five (5) years of owning this Jenn-Air Refrigerator Side by Side unit I will give credit to it's reliable cooling performance, both for its freezer and refrigerator until... however, all the same, for a unit that cost over $2,000 I would have expected a lot more. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this Jenn Air product and would be very skeptical and hesitant from purchasing a any Jenn Air product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

After several visits to address icing in our freezer, Jenn-Air informed me today that the problem is the installation and thus, my problem not theirs. Please, please, do not buy anything from this company.

In the past 5 years, I have spent nearly $1,000 on three separate repairs. All repairs were the same; the control board needed to be replaced. And that has only a 90 day warranty. Jenn-Air Model JFC2087HRP is junk. And so according to the reviews I have read are many of their other models. Stay away from Jenn-air!

We bought a Jenn-Air French door refrigerator in August 2015. At first we thought it was great. But then the left door broke. It was repaired. It broke 4 more times. We do have a warranty but we have to call every other week to have someone come and repair the door again. There is obviously a design flaw that makes the left hand door only work when the right have door is closed first. Since then we have made many calls to Jenn-Air and they have told us over and over that they have no knowledge of this problem. Further research shows a U-Tube video that discusses this problem.

If the door does not close completely part of the refrigerator is colder than the other and it makes the compressor work harder. We have talked to the company we bought it from, who assured us it was the best that they carried and they have no clue. Luckily we did buy the extended warranty so I guess the repairmen can keep coming to our home every other week to repair the same problem. This is the worst 3700 we have ever spent!

When we remodeled our kitchen 8 years ago, we bought a Jenn-Air french-door refrigerator, all appliances were black. We were disappointed in the fridge within a couple of years - small things that didn't open or close properly, drawer covers that came off unexpectedly, etc. Then, after a mere 8 years, it began to freeze everything inside the refrigerator compartment. Diagnosis: The motherboard is burned out, also possibly the control panel. Other news: they don't make this motherboard anymore and the one they do make will not communicate with your control panel. "You can get a rebuilt or aftermarket motherboard but you have to order it yourself and then call us back after you get it", etc., etc., and it still may not work (just sayin'). Oh, and PS, they don't make the black anymore either- just stainless steel.

We were speechless - very expensive fridge, and oops, "guess you just have to get a new one but too bad you can't get a new one that matches your still new kitchen." In the end we did replace the fridge (at a couple of thousand bucks, still cheaper than replacing the various parts and gambling that they would work together). We replaced it with a KitchenAid, same style, black, looks great and we can only hope it functions better as well. Along the way, the various repairmen we had in mentioned that nowadays these fancy fridges are built to last only about 9-10 years. In itself that is outrageous and we didn't even make the minimum life expectancy. Jenn-Air representatives were unhelpful (and could have cared less) all along the way. This company wouldn't know the meaning of Customer Service if their lives depended on it. All in all a completely unsatisfactory experience!

We will NEVER buy Jenn-Air products again and will vigorously advise everyone we can, not to buy them either. Jenn-Air supposedly has a good reputation but I can't imagine why they must hire a PR firm and pay them handsomely to say nice things because neither their appliances nor their personnel speak well for them at all. Bottom line: BUY SOME OTHER BRAND!

I purchased a Jenn-Air counter depth refrigerator. Within the first six months I needed TWO compressors replaced, an ice maker and rails. After going back-and-forth with Jenn-Air and contacting the Attorney General, they did replace the refrigerator with a standard depth Jenn-Air. Within a few weeks I needed a new ice maker, which was replaced and last week my freezer handle came off. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Their product is absolute junk.

We have a built-in Jenn-Air fridge with an ice maker, purchased for our new house in 1998. Pieces of the ice bucket fell into my water so I called the preferred Jenn-Air repair company, who came out and diagnosed 2 problems -- the door trap and the front of the ice bucket. He was able to get a new door trap, but the ice bucket parts are no longer available and there is no solution. I called Jenn-Air parts to see what they said and they referred me to General Customer Service whose solution was to offer 10% off a new fridge! Like I would buy Jenn-Air again. While I was on the phone with Service, I also asked about replacement baskets for our Jenn-Air dishwasher, again purchased with the new house. Only 2 out of 3 of the baskets are available. Didn't wait to hear what the deal was from General Customer Service.

Bought a new refrigerator and freezer combination, having issues with keeping the refrigerator cool. It freezes the bottom drawers while the top 4 shelves feel warm. Ice machine came without a funnel for the dispenser. And already had to replace the ice machine once in the first 6 months. I owned a Samsung prior,

and wish I would have bought another Samsung.

I never read the reviews before we purchased our JCD2389GT* after we remodeled our kitchen in 2004. So we bought all Jenn-Air appliances thinking this was a good thing. Frankly, other than some lime buildup in the water dispenser nozzle (not Jenn-Air's fault) which is easy to remove, we've not had a minute's trouble with any of them. And we cook at home every meal, everyday. Reading these reviews, you'd think Jenn-Air was an ISIS plot to destabilize America starting with the kitchens!

Anyhow, a few days ago, my wife accidentally broke a roller off the meat drawer while cleaning the unit. So I hops on the internet to find a replacement and guess what? They don't make this anymore and there isn't one available anywhere in the country as far as I can tell. So - if any of you people are really dissatisfied with your fridges and you want to part one out, I need part number 61005623, the meat drawer for my refrigerator.

To get to the point, our unit which is seven years old has had problems from the start. I don't mind that the ice maker didn't work from the start. Upon three occasions, the temperature went to over 75 degrees Fahrenheit and food had to be thrown away. We have had two different technicians come to the home and both of them had no idea as to what caused this action. I don't like to complain but, this refrigerator was expensive and did not perform as promised. I noticed that other negative reviews were similar. We now are using an old no name brand unit which we luckily saved. How pathetic that a company with a famous name is outdone by an almost refused one. Jenn-air my buttocks. Don't fall into the trap that we fell into. Awful all the way on this product.

After the manufacturing warranty expired, this product became a liability. The ice maker does not work, but that's not the main problem. It constantly leaks water (auto defrost). Every summer, the freezer stops working. If I knew upfront the product was a sham and required expensive repairs once a year, I would spend the funds invested in repairs to buy a new product, different company/manufacturer. This company, I hope, loses its client base because their product is not worth having.

We built our big beautiful house in 2006 and bought all of our appliances from Jenn-Air! Unfortunately we have had problems with our Side by side Refrigerator since the 1st year and our dishwasher. I have had service men come in for these two appliances countless times. Always the same issues, ice not working, loud noise from refrigerator, Refrigerator not cold enough. Our dishwasher always leaks and doesn't drain properly which in return leaves a nasty odor.

Now my $7,000 refrigerator hasn't worked in 4 months. We have replaced every single part in it and spent a ton of money trying to fix it but my service guy had given up! He said this is the same problem he sees with most Jenn-Airs and after paying so much money for this appliance my husband and I are furious. I have a $1,000 15 yr old GE refrigerator in my garage that works like a champ!!! Thank god or my 3 kids would have nothing to eat these last 4 months. This is ridiculous. I feel like I was robbed.

Refrigerator is very impractical and poor in functionality. But the worst thing is it has never closed properly, from the beginning, and in less than a year it is not closing at all. Called customer care and they basically read from a scripted answer and did the minimum to help.

JFC2290 - I bought a Jenn-Air French-door refrigerator in February 2014.The French door design of this refrigerator is seriously flawed. If you open the right door first, which most people will do, then open the left door, a normal next step, and close the right door, the left door will smash against the glass of the right door when you try to close it. The problem lies in the fact that the hinge attached to the left door does not retract far enough to clear the right door. This is my third French-door refrigerator (other brands) and I have never had this problem before.

Here is what Jenn-Air has to say in their user guide: There are two refrigerator compartment doors. The doors can be opened and closed either separately or together. There is a vertically-hinged seal on the left refrigerator door. When the left side door is opened, the hinged seal automatically folds inward so that it is out of the way. I bought this fridge over a year ago and have had at least three different repairmen come more than six times to try and repair it. They have changed the hinge twice, to no avail. They have installed shims to level the back of the fridge, no improvement. I called again today and they are sending a new technician to view the situation. I am not holding out much hope.

In July 2001 I paid $1800 for a Jenn-Air Side By Side refrigerator Model # JCB2389GRS. Serial # 10400446ZB. I have the repair receipts - all EIGHT of them. All defrost heaters have been replaced. The circuit board has been replaced twice. This time, the repairman is telling me that now there is a FIRE DANGER because the defrost heaters are MELTING THE LINER!!! He says it is a "DESIGN FLAW". Shouldn't this have been a part of a recall? Jenn-Air is a VERY VERY VERY POOR PRODUCT!!! Now I am looking for a new unit. May 2015.

Not quite two years ago we bought a French door Jenn Air refrigerator for over $2000. After about 9 months it required a service call when the ice maker quit producing ice. I just paid for another service call and replacement of the ice maker which I was told had failed. This is unacceptable. What is really upsetting about it is that the Jenn Air replaced a really good quality Electrolux refrigerator which had the same problem with the ice maker. Electrolux even replaced the refrigerator, and the problems continued with the new one. So now we have a cheesy refrigerator and still no reliable ice maker. I'm furious.

The other problem is the way the doors close. Because of a flange, only the right hand door closes properly. We most often open the left hand door, because that's where the water dispenser is. The Electrolux closed automatically. With the Jenn Air I have to make a special effort to make sure it is closed completely, or about a minute later, just as I sit down, the refrigerator starts beeping at me. Closing a refrigerator door shouldn't be a two handed job.

Purchased in October 2014, stopped working March 2015. Jenn Air diagnosed that the compressor was bad and replaced it. However, it didn't cool. They tried two additional service calls and it didn't cool. Finally, after a 5 hour service call, they believe it is another bad compressor. I have been on the phone with Jenn Air and their service affiliate at least 5 hours. We have waited for at least 8 hours for service because they give you a 3 hour window and we have had the service people in our home for more then 12 hours AND still it doesn't work.

They will not give us a new refrigerator and are not customer service-oriented. They did not reimburse us for food that was spoiled nor for the $150 we spent for a mini refrigerator, since we have not had a refrigerator for two weeks. DO NOT BUY JENN AIR PRODUCTS. They are not well-built and do not last, and their service is not satisfactory.

I bought a JENN-AIR refrigerator Model #JFC2070KRS Serial #12265022NR from Whirlpool Corporation through American Home Shield 10/10/08; 6 years 4.5 months later it needs a new compressor and water was all over the floor. It failed to work/cool properly, which for paying $2,051.74 for a supposedly high end appliance I expected a longer life expectancy. The repair for this unit is $941.60 or almost half of its cost so we are switching to Fisher & Paykel for similar cost and sizing. Don's Appliance told up they don't get service calls on them. I usually try my best to support American made products as much as possible but I am disappointed that with all of the known hazards/problems these have had, there has been no recall(s).

What a piece of ** this product is. Broken ice makers, doors that break. Any dealer selling these products should be investigated for deceiving the public and brought up on charges.

The compressor makes a lot of noise comparing to my old refrigerator. After I complained the serviceman came and said there is no problem with refrigerator. But I am not happy at all with annoying noise that is constantly being heard.

I own a built-in 42" Jenn Air refrigerator (JS42SEDUDB00). Bought new late 2008 (6 years old). I have been generally unhappy with the design since day 1 (extremely noisy fridge, louder than any previous fridge I have owned, and ice melts so it binds up). A few weeks ago, it started beeping. Turns out there is a bad "Gemini" control board (p/n W10121049). I called up Jenn Air - they no longer make this board! What?? A MAJOR APPLIANCE manufacturer no longer makes a part for a major appliance like this? This is not a $1,000 fridge. It cost $8,500. It is completely unacceptable to me that a major appliance company simply stops making a part of an $8,500 appliance. I have since read this is commonplace with Whirlpool. This board is no longer made and the company seems to not care about it. Yes, you may be able to get the board repaired (so long as the processor isn't bad), but that means the fridge is down for at least a week. I will never buy another Whirlpool or Jenn Air appliance.

Like so many others I built new home 2005 and splurged for all stainless Jenn-Air appliances -- what a huge mistake! Since installed in 2006 42" built in Refrigerator has had 3 new computer mother boards, constant ice maker issues and now has totally lost the ability to receive power in spite of good source. Service has so far cost us over $1000 since install, now say we’ll have to wait for 2 weeks before someone can look at them and order parts at what cost who knows! One Wall oven has had to have new computer board, other oven has had to have new door hinges and black ceramic cooktop has lost all color and now switches are failing. I, like so many, paid over $15000 for these appliances only 9 years ago and they are costing me over $500/year in service calls and repairs.

I have been told since my purchase that the good Jenn-air products went out of existence when Whirlpool purchased the company in 2005 -- who knew? Whirlpool customer service is of absolutely no use and even getting someone who will try to work on the appliances is a nightmare! Most of repairmen - they are too complicated and give up. Often takes 3-4 service calls to even get temporary fix. How do we go about starting a class action suit? If anyone has any information, phone numbers, names or ideas for assistance please advise. Grandchildren and extended family arrive Dec 17 for long visit and I have no refrigerator!

Expensive remodel to entire kitchen. Purchased all new appliances, all Jennair: dishwasher, cook top, wall oven, high end microwave, warming draw and counter depth refrigerator, which was able to accept the built in cabinet doors. Cooktop: black on glass suddenly cracked 3 times, spontaneously! And was replaced: however, after begging and arguing with Jennair, finally had replacements. Lived without cook top for weeks in between each event. The refrigerator has had water leaking into the freezer, freezing up then leaking onto the hardwood floor. Disconnected the water line. Leaking continued. No one can seem to fix this. I will NEVER buy another Jenn-Air product again!! Going out and purchasing a Samsung this week. The shiny black on the Samsung will at least compliment the glass on black of the wall oven and microwave and cook top... as long as they last.

10k 48' Jenn-Air refrigerator model JS48SEDBDA purchased in 2006. Repairs every year starting 2007 in reference to the same part. Obviously part is manufactured consistently defected. Asked them repeatedly to replace the refrigerator... They refused. 2013 Jenn-Air, now that appliance is out of warranty, they offered prorated exchange but of course w/ additional 4k attached. This is unreasonable as I spent 10k on this high end appliance and as this clearly was a manufacturer issue. I should have had a replacement at no cost years ago. Whirlpool Product Review Board now handles this process and they have been nothing short of horrendous basically redundant robots stating "it’s out of warranty and we are doing you a favor with this offer." I am now living out of a 4" cubic refrigerator. I would like them to stand by their products and replace my defective appliance now 7 years later... All they did was delay this process so that the appliance would be out of warranty to retrieve MORE money.

Bought all new Jenn-Air appliances, and the refrigerator does not work from day 1. So far service has been out to try to repair the problem three different times with no luck. I have had to take three days off of work to be available to the service calls. They refuse to swap out the broken refrigerator they delivered, and I have now been without a refrigerator for over two weeks. If I knew that their product quality, and customer control was this horrible, I definitely would not have purchased Jenn-Air appliances. I highly recommend that you do not purchase Jenn-Air.

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Company Profile