1.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 29, 2018

177 Jenn-Air Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 29, 2018

Had a tech come out to fix the water/ice dispenser and paid a service call fee. Fridge was no longer under warranty. He never fixed the issue we found later when trying to use it. We want to problem fixed and should not have to pay another service fee for a problem that was never fixed. We keep getting shuffled from dept. to dept. (Jenn-Air and Whirlpool Factory Service) like it's their job. Can't get this issue resolved. Never seen anything like it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We've had nothing but trouble from the get-go. Waiting for repairman now. Have spent over $3,000 on repairs, and still not working. Freezer ices over and creates icicles and sheets of ice hanging from shelves, which fall off onto the floor when door is opened. DO NOT BUY this refrigerator/freezer! (It's a 48" side-by-side counter depth.)

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I purchased a Jenn-Air refrigerator in the 1995-1998 time frame. The only repairs work has been to replace icemaker. I attribute this to the water in my area as this is normal for all makes. This refrigerator has been moved to several different homes and continues to work like a charm. I no longer use the icemaker because of our hard water.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On December 24, 2013 the Jenn-Air 42" JS42SEDBDA built-in refrigerator had overheated and was sitting at oven temperatures. Luckily our holiday meal was in the Kenmore refrigerator in the garage and we caught the "fire" in time to save all the frozen food and much of the refrigerated stuff. That unit was originally purchased in January 2006, what caused the meltdown/fire was the compressor it overheated. When we initially contacted Jenn-Air we were told it was out of warranty and that we were out of luck. Not so fast. I called and mentioned that the meltdown/fire was a life safety issue. Jenn-Air needs to send out a repair person to verify the fire. The person that comes out is horribly unprofessional and his company has now been refused entrance into our home. They review the information and decide to replace the unit at a prorated cost - basically 40% off the MSRP taxes and delivery included.

February 2014, our "new" Jenn-Air 42" built-in JS42PPDUDB16 is delivered, the company that was chosen for the delivery has never delivered a built-in and they proceed to lay it on its back multiple times, and damage our fence and interior ceiling in the process of the delivery and installation. With all the jockeying they managed to cut the water line, so we had to have that repaired. Three months later the compressor fan and chip go out. The repair technician requests that Jenn-Air replace the sealed unit or the refrigerator in total. Jenn-Air refuses. October 2017, this unit catches fire as well. Only it doesn't have a meltdown just a burn mark on the divider between the refrigerator and the freezer.

I call their safety department again, a repair person is sent out. The repair person calls Jenn-Air's service department to get the diagnostic codes and is refused and told to tell me (the customer) that the refrigerator is fine and to start using it again. Uh no, I call the safety department and the repair person tells them that the unit is getting overheated to the point in 20 minutes that it's difficult to touch with a gloved hand. Jenn-Air Safety makes two offers: 1) Repair the unit at no cost to us, 2) we can purchase a new unit ($8,300.00 or less) for $3,600.00 any unit over that we would have to pay the overage in addition to the $3,600.00 because they no longer make that unit. Before the repair person leaves it starts chiming a sign the motherboard has failed, and when being powered off at the main switch it arched. Repair at this point is out of the question.

We go on their website the only refrigerator that is close to what we have costs $9,599.00, so our out of pocket would have been $4,899.00. We paid $5036.40 for the 2nd unit. That takes this unit close to the price of a Sub Zero. There is another round of calls and we push for a buyback. We are still waiting for the check. In conclusion we feel that Jenn-Air JS42 model refrigerators are life safety hazards and should not be sold. We will not buy a Whirlpool Corporation product ever again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Exterior almost a 5. Interior: the foodtray lid broke within the 1st year; the 2 produce drawers have never easily closed requiring 1-3 attempts before they will lineup to close. The ice maker only occasionally makes ice without manual intervention. The right exterior handle has come loose and the tightening screw has stripped.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Purchased all Jenn-Air appliances. The Jenn-Air refrigerator is the least impressive unit--top shelf shattered into a million pieces after I placed 3 - 1 quart of simply orange juice containers along with some yogurt cups and a small jar of pickles. The hood, dishwasher, wall oven and gas cook-top are great but the refrigerator could be better. Called manufacturer. Reported the problem and they will replace the glass shelf at no cost. They get 5 stars for customer services.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We build a home 6 years ago and furnished our kitchen with Jenn Air appliances. What a nightmare! The double oven has been replaced, the ice maker is broken and now the ice maker in the refrigerator doesn’t work! I have our old 20 year old refrigerator in the garage and it works perfectly! These products are crap and something should be done!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We purchased a Jenn-Air fridge, dishwasher and wall oven and microwave three years ago when we redid our kitchen. We are a mature family that uses our appliances regularly but not harshly. Said another way, they do not get above average use. In the past three years every appliance, except the oven, has needed repairs. They have all failed us and required repeated servicing. And they are always large failures - control panels. My prior GE appliances never needed service in 10+ years. The quality of these products is astoundingly low. I will never buy a Maytag product again. Buyer beware!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Purchased Jenn-Air JFC2290REP 12/16. By 5/17 door seal was falling apart. Warranty will replace, but doubtful that quality reflects $3,300 price. Actually a KitchenAid appliance with fancy Jenn-Air badge. Not a good decision on my part.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Within 5 years needed a new compressor. Then there was constant noisy operation. Worked for another 5 years and then unit stopped. Corroded pipes was the prognosis and to fix was a wait of 110 days for part delivery. The repairer can only vouch for their work and not the reliability of the unit. Has cost me a fortune in repairs and opinions and in the end had to throw away the fridge. Not good enough Jenn-Air!

Original review: March 3, 2017

Brand new kitchen with Jenn-Air panel ready refrigerator. Is now 9 mos old and freezer is full of ice. Two repair visits and tech says he would not repair it because these are trouble Company will not replace. Stay away from Jenn-Air refrigerators and from Pirch appliances. They do not stand behind their products or their people. In my opinion you are better off at Lowes or Home Depot which will stand behind what they sell. PIrch is high end and low quality. In my opinion you should avoid these companies.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My Jenn-Air fridge is 8 years old. It died one fine morning. They sold me an extended warranty to get it fixed - little did I know it was a third party, AIG. AIG contacted another party "DanMarc Appliance" which took seven days to send a representative of yet another, fourth party in this chain of incompetence. Nobody at any of the four companies had any idea what was happening, totally disregarded me as a customer. Spent hours on the phone, to ultimately throw the fridge out due to no information. Don't go down this road, Jenn-Air doesn't stand behind its warranties, and parts appear to get obsolete so quickly as to render the products un-repairable. Shameful planned obsolescence and corporate running-around of customers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

We spent almost 25K for refrigerator, oven microwave combo and cook top. We spent almost $1500 so far for repairs and again refrigerator started forming ice in the freezer. Microwave malfunction error and had to power reset every other day, cooktop igniter stopped. Need to call the tech again. Horrible company, never buy these appliances at all....

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Bought new and has twin door with bottom freezer, automatic ice maker (which never worked), and a chill water delivery system. Unit never cooled sufficiently to freeze ice cream as an example. Cooled somewhat for a period of approx. 5 years then had to replace compressor. Still did not cool sufficiently; had repeatedly ice build-up surrounding thermostat inside which had to be removed. Finally threw it out and bought a new Sears model with no automatic ice maker, no water delivery system built in, just a "plain Jane", good old fashioned refrigerator. Been happy ever since! Never purchase a twin-door with automatic ice maker, chill water... etc and made by Jenn-Air!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The appearance is clean and has a contemporary look. The height of this item was what I needed to fit under my shelves in the kitchen. The only negative about this item is the icemaker. Why don't these last more than 2 or 3 years??? I need this and it is something that costs a lot to get fixed. In the meantime, I have no ice!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

They'd get NO Star if that was possible on this review. I am into eighteen (18) months and 10 trips with a Service Technician trying to get these drawers to function like a Refrigerator. The issue started with frayed cables from rubbing against the gliders causing an alarm to go off. The cables got replaced but the unit started to operate as a FREEZER instead of a Fridge. Numerous attempts to change both the Controller and the Display panel and I'm still stuck with a Freezer. For the price of this unit, this guys should be tripping over themselves to FIX this and do it right.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

We have a 48" built-in Jenn-Air refrigerator that is 12 years old. Original price was over $7,000 plus an extra $1,500 for the door panels. Recently, the door spring broke so there is no longer any tension on the door (very large heavy door). The door will no longer close properly and is also a safety hazard for our 3 young children. Jenn-Air decided to stop making the spring in 2012. I have searched high and low (google, eBay, Mom and Pop repair shops, etc.) for this part (or a similar one) w/o any luck. Jenn-Air's response was basically "too bad" and that our only option was to replace the fridge! Over a $21 part! The newer version is now $8500 plus new panels (the door front size is now different of course). Our entire kitchen is Jenn-Air (over $25k invested). In retrospect, buying Jenn-Air appliances is one of the biggest mistakes we made during our kitchen remodel. Avoid this brand at all costs!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The Jenn-Air Refrigerator js48ppdbda was installed in 2007, it has been working fine till about 6 months back. There was a noise that would come on intermittently. This noise went away eventually but the freezer was not maintaining the temp. After doing some research it turned out to be the evaporator fan. Bought this online and replaced it. However the core issue was ice developing in the freezer which probably caused the fan to ice up and fail. Called in a local technician. The moisture from the heat exchanger was not flowing out to the drain. This was causing moisture in the freezer, hence the ice build up. He cleaned the heat exchanger thoroughly and the fridge is back up and running. After 9 years expecting a few issues, hopefully the experience going forward will be better than some of the reviews below.

Original review: June 5, 2016

We bought a Jenn-Air JFC2089BEM00 French door refrigerator a year ago. So far no problems except the glass shelves do not go all the way to the back wall. Things are always falling off the back of the shelves. This seems like a serious design flaw to me. Especially when glass bottles fall off I'm afraid something is going to break. Nothing has yet but it sure makes a terrible noise.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

We remodeled our home a few years ago which included the remodeling of our kitchen. As part of the appliances purchased for our newly remodeled kitchen included a Jenn-Air Side By Side Refrigerator with water dispenser and ice maker Model #JSD2695KES. Within the last three years of owning the refrigerator we have had trouble with the dispensing of water. The water dispensing function with the unit has failed to work properly and reduced the dispensing of water to a dribble. Also, the door on the right side knocks upon closing and become increasingly work to the point that it will not close firmly causing air to escape through the door seal.

After at least five (5) years of owning this Jenn-Air Refrigerator Side by Side unit I will give credit to it's reliable cooling performance, both for its freezer and refrigerator until... however, all the same, for a unit that cost over $2,000 I would have expected a lot more. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this Jenn Air product and would be very skeptical and hesitant from purchasing a any Jenn Air product again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

After several visits to address icing in our freezer, Jenn-Air informed me today that the problem is the installation and thus, my problem not theirs. Please, please, do not buy anything from this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

In the past 5 years, I have spent nearly $1,000 on three separate repairs. All repairs were the same; the control board needed to be replaced. And that has only a 90 day warranty. Jenn-Air Model JFC2087HRP is junk. And so according to the reviews I have read are many of their other models. Stay away from Jenn-air!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

We bought a Jenn-Air French door refrigerator in August 2015. At first we thought it was great. But then the left door broke. It was repaired. It broke 4 more times. We do have a warranty but we have to call every other week to have someone come and repair the door again. There is obviously a design flaw that makes the left hand door only work when the right have door is closed first. Since then we have made many calls to Jenn-Air and they have told us over and over that they have no knowledge of this problem. Further research shows a U-Tube video that discusses this problem.

If the door does not close completely part of the refrigerator is colder than the other and it makes the compressor work harder. We have talked to the company we bought it from, who assured us it was the best that they carried and they have no clue. Luckily we did buy the extended warranty so I guess the repairmen can keep coming to our home every other week to repair the same problem. This is the worst 3700 we have ever spent!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

When we remodeled our kitchen 8 years ago, we bought a Jenn-Air french-door refrigerator, all appliances were black. We were disappointed in the fridge within a couple of years - small things that didn't open or close properly, drawer covers that came off unexpectedly, etc. Then, after a mere 8 years, it began to freeze everything inside the refrigerator compartment. Diagnosis: The motherboard is burned out, also possibly the control panel. Other news: they don't make this motherboard anymore and the one they do make will not communicate with your control panel. "You can get a rebuilt or aftermarket motherboard but you have to order it yourself and then call us back after you get it", etc., etc., and it still may not work (just sayin'). Oh, and PS, they don't make the black anymore either- just stainless steel.

We were speechless - very expensive fridge, and oops, "guess you just have to get a new one but too bad you can't get a new one that matches your still new kitchen." In the end we did replace the fridge (at a couple of thousand bucks, still cheaper than replacing the various parts and gambling that they would work together). We replaced it with a KitchenAid, same style, black, looks great and we can only hope it functions better as well. Along the way, the various repairmen we had in mentioned that nowadays these fancy fridges are built to last only about 9-10 years. In itself that is outrageous and we didn't even make the minimum life expectancy. Jenn-Air representatives were unhelpful (and could have cared less) all along the way. This company wouldn't know the meaning of Customer Service if their lives depended on it. All in all a completely unsatisfactory experience!

We will NEVER buy Jenn-Air products again and will vigorously advise everyone we can, not to buy them either. Jenn-Air supposedly has a good reputation but I can't imagine why they must hire a PR firm and pay them handsomely to say nice things because neither their appliances nor their personnel speak well for them at all. Bottom line: BUY SOME OTHER BRAND!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I purchased a Jenn-Air counter depth refrigerator. Within the first six months I needed TWO compressors replaced, an ice maker and rails. After going back-and-forth with Jenn-Air and contacting the Attorney General, they did replace the refrigerator with a standard depth Jenn-Air. Within a few weeks I needed a new ice maker, which was replaced and last week my freezer handle came off. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Their product is absolute junk.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

We have a built-in Jenn-Air fridge with an ice maker, purchased for our new house in 1998. Pieces of the ice bucket fell into my water so I called the preferred Jenn-Air repair company, who came out and diagnosed 2 problems -- the door trap and the front of the ice bucket. He was able to get a new door trap, but the ice bucket parts are no longer available and there is no solution. I called Jenn-Air parts to see what they said and they referred me to General Customer Service whose solution was to offer 10% off a new fridge! Like I would buy Jenn-Air again. While I was on the phone with Service, I also asked about replacement baskets for our Jenn-Air dishwasher, again purchased with the new house. Only 2 out of 3 of the baskets are available. Didn't wait to hear what the deal was from General Customer Service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015 Bought a new refrigerator and freezer combination, having issues with keeping the refrigerator cool. It freezes the bottom drawers while the top 4 shelves feel warm. Ice machine came without a funnel for the dispenser. And already had to replace the ice machine once in the first 6 months. I owned a Samsung prior,

and wish I would have bought another Samsung.

Original review: July 17, 2015

I never read the reviews before we purchased our JCD2389GT* after we remodeled our kitchen in 2004. So we bought all Jenn-Air appliances thinking this was a good thing. Frankly, other than some lime buildup in the water dispenser nozzle (not Jenn-Air's fault) which is easy to remove, we've not had a minute's trouble with any of them. And we cook at home every meal, everyday. Reading these reviews, you'd think Jenn-Air was an ISIS plot to destabilize America starting with the kitchens!

Anyhow, a few days ago, my wife accidentally broke a roller off the meat drawer while cleaning the unit. So I hops on the internet to find a replacement and guess what? They don't make this anymore and there isn't one available anywhere in the country as far as I can tell. So - if any of you people are really dissatisfied with your fridges and you want to part one out, I need part number 61005623, the meat drawer for my refrigerator.

Original review: July 6, 2015

To get to the point, our unit which is seven years old has had problems from the start. I don't mind that the ice maker didn't work from the start. Upon three occasions, the temperature went to over 75 degrees Fahrenheit and food had to be thrown away. We have had two different technicians come to the home and both of them had no idea as to what caused this action. I don't like to complain but, this refrigerator was expensive and did not perform as promised. I noticed that other negative reviews were similar. We now are using an old no name brand unit which we luckily saved. How pathetic that a company with a famous name is outdone by an almost refused one. Jenn-air my buttocks. Don't fall into the trap that we fell into. Awful all the way on this product.

Original review: June 21, 2015

After the manufacturing warranty expired, this product became a liability. The ice maker does not work, but that's not the main problem. It constantly leaks water (auto defrost). Every summer, the freezer stops working. If I knew upfront the product was a sham and required expensive repairs once a year, I would spend the funds invested in repairs to buy a new product, different company/manufacturer. This company, I hope, loses its client base because their product is not worth having.

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Company Information