Jenn-Air Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

The upper refrigerator section freezes items because of the design where freezer air is used to cool the section. Essentially, half of the space is unusable. The dealer, the service department and customer service people know this and provide no solution or advise - “it is what it is”. I would not recommend the model (JF C2290REM00) to anyone, in fact I am not sure I would recommend any Jenn-Air product based on the service and customer help provided - none.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Bought new Jennair refrigerator and it has crack inside cabinet. Contacted co. No satisfaction. Reached out to Mgmt CC ** , Steve **. No action. Poor quality products and Poor customer service. Will not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Refrigerator Glass shelves are too short resulting in items falling off the back of shelves. Door seals have been replaced twice in two years. Oven doesn’t brown during roasting or baking. Takes much longer than directions to cook. Last call to Jenn-Air was not at all satisfactory. Meets specs....not important that it doesn’t work correctly. Very expensive product, but not value for money. My advice...buy another brand.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I bought a Jenn-Air three-door refrigerator with water/ice dispenser in the door in August 2017 when I did a major remodel. In less than a year, it stopped cooling. It took three different service calls to "fix" it - it had to finally be totally disassembled in order to replace several faulty parts. I lost hundreds of dollars of food. The repair guy was familiar with the problem because it had occurred so frequently! Now, 1 1/2 years later, I am having the same problem with it not cooling. I foolishly thought that Jenn-Air was an upgrade from KitchenAid, and paid dearly for this piece of crap. I would gladly have it hauled away if it hadn't cost so much to begin with. I will never ever buy Jenn-Air again, and I strongly recommend that you not waste your money on this flawed product..

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We bought our samsung French door refrigerator May 2015. I love the looks and the size, however it stopped working mid August 2019, little over 4 yrs. We’ve been told it needs to be replaced. We have been led to believe that it’s the ice maker. However we were told that if we kept it we would have to keep spending money on it. We turned off the water source. No more ice or water on the front. We will see how long it lasts before we have to replace it....however, we paid dearly for those features! Samsung needs to do something about their poor manufacturing. We have a daughter with the same problem, with a side by side.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased a number of appliances from Jenn-Air one of which was the refrigerator drawer. This particular refrigerator drawer has given us problems from the start and we have called the repair people to fix it many times. Now conveniently after the warranty has expired the repair agent informed us that there had been a manufacturing default to begin with, and now there’s nothing they can do to fix it. When I called the customer service and spoke to a woman named Lauren who is the highest supervisor at Jen Air according to her she said all she could do was offer a 15% discount on our next purchase but could not do anything more to help us.

This is rather shortsighted as now we will never replace our aging appliances with the Jenn-air brand ever again because of the issues we’ve been having with the refrigerator and the way this customer service person has handled our complaint. It is clear that they only value dollars spent rather than customers themselves... Save yourself the trouble and buy from someone who actually cares.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought this unit over 15 years ago and it is great. Have had to unplug drain and defrost a few times and replaced hinge on bottom of fridge door. Made one myself as none available and Sears sold me one but it was for top. Too bad a simple hinge could not be procured from Jenn-Air. Would buy another one if it was as good as this but sadly all appliances are not made very good. Had a Crosley which lasted 32 years!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Never an issue with the fridge in general. Some plastic parts like crisper broke early and would move a little more space but happy with reliability of fridge, water, icemaker, bottom freezer. About 8 years old and never a service call.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Beautiful black interior with blue backlighting. The fridge keeps a consistent temperature and is very quiet. The front panel makes it easy to apply a wood front matching the cabinet facings. It has a bottom freezer with multiple drawers which we prefer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I bought the bronze finish french door style unit in 2006. It has performed perfectly with no problems. My only complaint is that the finish of the inside shelves is peeling off and some of the plastic has cracked. The outer appearance is still great, very few (and quite minor) nicks and scrapes all caused by the family over time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This refrigerator looks great, but the compressor was replaced before it was a year old. Since then it has had a major repair at least once every 2-3 years. I am hoping I can go at least another year or two since my last repair 2 months ago.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We bought the Jenn-Air fridge in June 2017 and the icemaker stopped working in April 2019 and the lights blink sporadically when opening the doors. This was supposed to have a 2 year warranty, but Jenn-Air conveniently cannot find my information in their computers, so I have to pay to get it fixed. I know this is a Whirlpool product, but even then, it shouldn't break in less than 2 years. It is only me and my husband, no kids, no reason to break. It's just CRAP! We are building another home and have purchased a Sub Zero this time. Never again will I buy Jenn-Air products.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When we built our home in 2006 we spent way over budget to get luxury appliances from Jenn-Air. The biggest mistake of our home build! Refrigerator has had 2 control panels, 1 under warranty, 2 evaporators, 1 new fan, and the ice and water dispenser has been fixed 3 times before we gave up on it working about 5 yr. ago. There is still ice accumulating in top of freezer and yesterday the freezer door fell off the bottom hinge! Now the "expert" repair service sent by Whirlpool tells us they don't make the pin for the hinge that broke. They say the refrigerator is unrepairable!

We paid nearly $6000 for this piece of junk that has had major issues and neither, Jenn-Air or Whirlpool will stand behind! Our dishwasher has had to have baskets replaced, rollers on baskets replaced and is now held together with home wiring. The Convection oven had to have a new gasket and new hinges replaced within 2 year of purchase. The regular oven has had to have a new control board. The stove/cooktop has turned white from heat! Eddyville KY.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The rubber gaskets that help seal the doors are designed in such a way that if the left door is opened, one must then open the right door to reclose it. Every time. With the abrasion on the right door gasket from the larger left door gasket ripping past it, the right door gasket got shredded in less than a year of light use (we live less than half the year in the location where the fridge is and are empty nesters). As a result, the strip of magnet within that shredded gasket falls out. We duct taped it in (lovely on our new fridge) but it isn’t holding so I will have to get this fixed. I bought the fridge for the freezer design, that has a ice box that can be hooked to the freezer door to pull out with the door, or not. And there is a large flat pull out for frozen pizzas and other thin freezer goods. That all works, but not worth the fridge door hassle.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Our stainless steel, french door Jenn-Air refrigerator was purchased 18 months ago from a Scratch & Dent outlet in our hometown. Our refrigerator worked well up until 4 weeks ago when there was a sealant leak, and the refrigerator would not keep freon but instead had a leak somewhere in the unit, dismissing all cold air from the refrigerator itself. Essentially, our refrigerator heated up and wouldn't stay cool.

We contacted the Service Department at Jenn-Air and they sent out repair technicians on 2 accounts to assess the problem. After about a week and a half, and me communicating again with the Service Department, they sent the repairman back out to conduct a "Dye Test" to find the leak. The leak could not be found after 4 days, so then Jenn-Air conceded to replacing the entire unit.

We appreciate their attention to our issue and are thankful this happened within 18 months of our purchase. The warranty was set to go out within 2 years. From the first day we had trouble with it until now has been 3 weeks and 5 days. And today we received our brand new refrigerator via truck delivery! They installed it and it's the exact same model as our previous refrigerator, just better! Plus, Jenn-Air gave us a $150 Grocery Reimbursement! Be it known that they take care of their customers. We will shop Jenn-Air next time for further appliances!

I was compelled to review Jenn-Air on this site because all that I read before was very discouraging. Keep in mind that you must clearly communicate with patience to their service department. Remember that they are human too, and they ultimately want to solve your problem. Also, be patient when dealing with service repair appointments and fully communicate between both parties (Jenn-Air and Repair Technicians) so that there is clarity on both sides. Don't lose heart... A workable appliance is in your near future!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator one year ago during Black Friday sales at Best Buy. When it was delivered the ice maker did not work. They sent out a local repair company to fix it. When they arrived they took the door apart and laughed. They said the door clearly had been dropped and they had to have known it was broken because the inside of the door was zip tied together! The wires from the icebox were laying inside the unit. The warranty company ordered us a new door because that is the only way to replace the ice maker. 6-8 weeks later the new door came in and the ice maker did not work! So once again they ordered another door. 6 weeks later the new door came in with a large dent on it. We were told we could take it so we at least had a working ice maker but that if we did it would constitute us accepting it and they would not replace it in the future.

This was a $4,000 fridge so of course like any normal person would do we told them to order us a new one that was not dented and so they did. We were told it would be 6 more weeks. 6 weeks came and went as well as 6 months. Intermittently we would get phone calls to update us that it was still on backorder. I returned to Best Buy to purchase another kitchen set (a different brand) for a house we were remodeling and at that time I was told by the salesman that KitchenAid we no longer even producing these refrigerators because of all of the issues they were having with them and they told me to contact KitchenAid.

So then the experience gets even better. I contacted KitchenAid and was told that production had been stopped but they were going to start up again in 2019, but they would give us our money back if we wanted. We informed them that wasn't really an option considering we just redid our entire kitchen with matching appliances in January 2018. We also told them our only choice was a counter depth fridge because we designed the kitchen and island around this model. So for our inconvenience they offered us $125. They then offered to let us upgrade to their higher brand Jenn-Air. By offered I mean they allowed us to pay to upgrade to the better $5,000 refrigerator. Which we actually decided to do because the KitchenAid was on backorder until first quarter 2019 and who was to say that the new production of this fridge was going to be any better than the one they already had to stop making because of all the issues.

So we paid the difference only to be told this new refrigerator was also on backorder until the first quarter 2019! We accepted the fact that we were without a fully working fridge until the new year but still upset with being put out like we were. Fast forward to October 2018 we get a phone call from Jenn-Air that they have a new fridge for us and they are going to deliver it. So we set that up, the delivery date comes and the delivery company JB Hunt arrives and delivers our refrigerator using a dolly which they manage to scratch up our new transition strips and their first response was to ask if we had photos to show if they did the damage or if it was already there!

Our kitchen was just redone, clearly everything in this is brand new. So we now have to get a quote to have the floor fixed so they can reimburse us for that. So our new Jenn-Air, upgraded fridge gets installed. They tell us it will take a few hours to get cold but it is recommended not to put food in it for 24 hours. Fine, however, 5 hours later, still nothing. Not one bit of cold air coming into this new fridge. So we call them up and tell them and we are told they will have to come back out to try and fix the new fridge. We asked them to return the fridge they just took out a few hours earlier but that was not an option. So we now went from a refrigerator that worked but didn't have a working ice maker to a hot refrigerator. They order a service call for the following Monday. They come out pull the part they say is broken out of the box and you guessed it the part doesn't fit this model.

At this point we call Jenn-Air and they offer us $200 to purchase coolers to put our food in that came out of a refrigerator that was full of food before they took our working fridge away. Are you kidding me! They then offer another $300 so we can buy a small refrigerator to put in the garage to hold the food we already had and needed put somewhere because the Jenn-Air model is on back order again until 2019. Not to mention they didn't even want to give us a new one, they wanted to just keep fixing this one that was broke. Yes a brand new refrigerator they thought was acceptable to make us keep letting them try to fix it instead of replacing it with a new one like we paid for. So needless to say this was not an acceptable long-term solution. Realize at this point it has been 11 1/2 months since we originally purchased our new refrigerator so we have been very patient and now we have a small fridge to keep all our food in.

So at this point we demanded to talk to a supervisor. She tried to help but production was out of her hand, all she could do was approve us to get a new one and try to get us moved to the top of the list. On November 12th, we received a call stating it was still on back order and wanted again to know if we just wanted a different model, we told Amanda again that wasn't an option because our kitchen was designed around the counter depth fridge and nothing else would fit. So we went back on the waitlist. We then get a call on November 16th from JB Hunt the delivery company that they were going to receive our fridge on Sunday or in the middle of the night Monday and would be at our house today November 19th between 12-4pm, and that we would get a 30 minute call ahead to let us know.

At 3:30 pm we hadn't heard from anyone and called JB Hunt to find out what was going on. They said they didn't receive the appliance from Whirlpool in time to get on the truck. They apologized that we sat around all day waiting and that no one bothered to call us but that Whirlpool was to blame. So we then called Whirlpool only to be hung up on the first time, then transferred to the "Customer experience" at Maytag. No, we didn't buy a Maytag so they had no idea who we were. So we called the Supervisor Camilla back and left a couple messages to find out where our fridge is. We then called the regular Jenn-Air line and we were told our fridge is on backorder still. We told them JB Hunt said they now have it but it was delivered late from Whirlpool.

Jenn-Air kept insisting it was on back order so they finally decided to call JB Hunt themselves and yes our fridge is in. Not sure why Jenn-Air didn't know they delivered a fridge but that's par for the course at this point. We asked to talk to a Supervisor again to find out why after waiting a year for a fully working refrigerator Jenn-Air. Couldn't even get it delivered on time when they had it, but as of 5:04 pm we are still waiting on a call back from someone at Jenn-Air. Crossing my fingers it will be delivered on Wednesday. Now like it is scheduled to be, but I am sure not holding my breath! Never again! And we buy a lot of appliances for our rehab homes. Guess we have to use the less expensive brands to get something that works right!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is a poorly designed product on a number of levels. Within less than 1 year, I had to have the auto defrost mechanism replaced. The ice maker throws about 20% of the cubes on to the floor of the freezer instead of into catch bin. The flimsy plastic tabs on the veg/fruit drawers have broken off. Most importantly, the rubber gaskets which create a seal when you close the French doors have deteriorated.

The gaskets promote the build-up of mildew (what is that about?) and the rubber flanges at the top and bottom of the gaskets have broken off. I support all of the others who have taken the time to contribute to this review site who say, "DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!" When I attempted to call customer service, my wait time was in excess of 60 minutes and they offered to send out a repair service (costing $99) to diagnose the problem. There was no attempt at any kind of customer accommodation. (Model number: JFC2089WEM6; Serial Number: K13329578.)

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought a Jenn-Air top of the line build in fridge model JF36NXFXDE01 back in November 2017. The fridge and the freezer stop cooling. It is a summertime in Los Angeles with temperatures over 90. I've been calling Jen-Air customer service, talked to many representatives and still don't have the problem fix. First they schedule service with Whirlpool service technicians. They came 3 times and were completely clueless. First they order the compressor, waited for a week and when installed it did not fix anything. Then they cancel two of their next appointments leaving me taking day off and waiting the whole day for nothing. Then they order more parts without even coming back to evaluate the problem.

Jenn-Air offer another company to take over but after 10 more days they haven't show up yet because Jenn-Air did not ship the parts on time. I got one of the managers Rita involved but the outcome was the same. She ensured me that the part will be ship on time so I can have the service company do the repair today or tomorrow. As of today the parts are not here and she is not returning my calls. When you call Jenn-Air customer service the recording says that "They CARE". Obviously they don't.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I purchase my complete Jenn-Air kitchen and loved everything for about the first year. My refrigerator stopped making ice and began leaking water, then within days the refrigerator stopped cooling to a safe temperature. The company I purchased it from began replacing items one at a time and after 6 months replaced the unit. Fast forward 13 months...same problems and I am very disappointed with my purchases. Working direct with Jenn-Air this time and that is not much better. We scheduled an appointment, they failed to show up. I called the next day and requested another appointments, now they won’t call back with a time/date. Feeling very frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We purchased the complete Jenn-Air appliance package for our new home. The appliances have been installed for 4 weeks. Our refrigerator (Jenn-Air 48" Built-in Side by Side with water/ice dispenser) over temp alarm started going off Thursday night. Friday morning we were able to "reset" the temperatures. The alarm went off again late Friday and we were able to get a repair technician out to look at the fridge. He checked the condenser and found no issues, he hit the reset button again and lowered the temperature. By Saturday morning the alarm was going off again, however we were unable to hit the reset button as the button no longer works.

As of Sunday afternoon every single item in the freezer and fridge has been thrown in the garbage. The temperature in the freezer and fridge were reading 66 degrees. It is now Monday and Jenn-Air will send another technician out to look at the refrigerator. I am not a person who would ever write a negative review as I believe sometimes things just happen, however, I am so disappointed with this Jenn-Air fridge. At this point I cannot say I would recommend any Jenn-Air appliance. I can only hope that the rest of the appliances continue to work as expected.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Model JFX2897DRM02, the refrigerator is awesome, however, the ice maker (which there is only one in the door) is not capable of making enough ice for even two people. This is not what the reviews stated prior to purchase. Upon contacting customer service we were advised that the ice maker makes 10 cubes every 6 hours.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Had a tech come out to fix the water/ice dispenser and paid a service call fee. Fridge was no longer under warranty. He never fixed the issue we found later when trying to use it. We want to problem fixed and should not have to pay another service fee for a problem that was never fixed. We keep getting shuffled from dept. to dept. (Jenn-Air and Whirlpool Factory Service) like it's their job. Can't get this issue resolved. Never seen anything like it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We've had nothing but trouble from the get-go. Waiting for repairman now. Have spent over $3,000 on repairs, and still not working. Freezer ices over and creates icicles and sheets of ice hanging from shelves, which fall off onto the floor when door is opened. DO NOT BUY this refrigerator/freezer! (It's a 48" side-by-side counter depth.)

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I purchased a Jenn-Air refrigerator in the 1995-1998 time frame. The only repairs work has been to replace icemaker. I attribute this to the water in my area as this is normal for all makes. This refrigerator has been moved to several different homes and continues to work like a charm. I no longer use the icemaker because of our hard water.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On December 24, 2013 the Jenn-Air 42" JS42SEDBDA built-in refrigerator had overheated and was sitting at oven temperatures. Luckily our holiday meal was in the Kenmore refrigerator in the garage and we caught the "fire" in time to save all the frozen food and much of the refrigerated stuff. That unit was originally purchased in January 2006, what caused the meltdown/fire was the compressor it overheated. When we initially contacted Jenn-Air we were told it was out of warranty and that we were out of luck. Not so fast. I called and mentioned that the meltdown/fire was a life safety issue. Jenn-Air needs to send out a repair person to verify the fire. The person that comes out is horribly unprofessional and his company has now been refused entrance into our home. They review the information and decide to replace the unit at a prorated cost - basically 40% off the MSRP taxes and delivery included.

February 2014, our "new" Jenn-Air 42" built-in JS42PPDUDB16 is delivered, the company that was chosen for the delivery has never delivered a built-in and they proceed to lay it on its back multiple times, and damage our fence and interior ceiling in the process of the delivery and installation. With all the jockeying they managed to cut the water line, so we had to have that repaired. Three months later the compressor fan and chip go out. The repair technician requests that Jenn-Air replace the sealed unit or the refrigerator in total. Jenn-Air refuses. October 2017, this unit catches fire as well. Only it doesn't have a meltdown just a burn mark on the divider between the refrigerator and the freezer.

I call their safety department again, a repair person is sent out. The repair person calls Jenn-Air's service department to get the diagnostic codes and is refused and told to tell me (the customer) that the refrigerator is fine and to start using it again. Uh no, I call the safety department and the repair person tells them that the unit is getting overheated to the point in 20 minutes that it's difficult to touch with a gloved hand. Jenn-Air Safety makes two offers: 1) Repair the unit at no cost to us, 2) we can purchase a new unit ($8,300.00 or less) for $3,600.00 any unit over that we would have to pay the overage in addition to the $3,600.00 because they no longer make that unit. Before the repair person leaves it starts chiming a sign the motherboard has failed, and when being powered off at the main switch it arched. Repair at this point is out of the question.

We go on their website the only refrigerator that is close to what we have costs $9,599.00, so our out of pocket would have been $4,899.00. We paid $5036.40 for the 2nd unit. That takes this unit close to the price of a Sub Zero. There is another round of calls and we push for a buyback. We are still waiting for the check. In conclusion we feel that Jenn-Air JS42 model refrigerators are life safety hazards and should not be sold. We will not buy a Whirlpool Corporation product ever again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Exterior almost a 5. Interior: the foodtray lid broke within the 1st year; the 2 produce drawers have never easily closed requiring 1-3 attempts before they will lineup to close. The ice maker only occasionally makes ice without manual intervention. The right exterior handle has come loose and the tightening screw has stripped.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Purchased all Jenn-Air appliances. The Jenn-Air refrigerator is the least impressive unit--top shelf shattered into a million pieces after I placed 3 - 1 quart of simply orange juice containers along with some yogurt cups and a small jar of pickles. The hood, dishwasher, wall oven and gas cook-top are great but the refrigerator could be better. Called manufacturer. Reported the problem and they will replace the glass shelf at no cost. They get 5 stars for customer services.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We build a home 6 years ago and furnished our kitchen with Jenn Air appliances. What a nightmare! The double oven has been replaced, the ice maker is broken and now the ice maker in the refrigerator doesn’t work! I have our old 20 year old refrigerator in the garage and it works perfectly! These products are crap and something should be done!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We purchased a Jenn-Air fridge, dishwasher and wall oven and microwave three years ago when we redid our kitchen. We are a mature family that uses our appliances regularly but not harshly. Said another way, they do not get above average use. In the past three years every appliance, except the oven, has needed repairs. They have all failed us and required repeated servicing. And they are always large failures - control panels. My prior GE appliances never needed service in 10+ years. The quality of these products is astoundingly low. I will never buy a Maytag product again. Buyer beware!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Purchased Jenn-Air JFC2290REP 12/16. By 5/17 door seal was falling apart. Warranty will replace, but doubtful that quality reflects $3,300 price. Actually a KitchenAid appliance with fancy Jenn-Air badge. Not a good decision on my part.

Jenn-Air Refrigerators Company Information