Find the Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in San Diego
Top 10 San Diego HVAC Companies
|Airmaxx Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Author Review|
Employs NATE-certified professionals for basic and emergency HVAC installation as well as repair and maintenance. Financing is available. Additional services include indoor air quality solutions.
|ASI The White Glove Guys||Read Author Review|
Services plumbing and solar-powered systems in addition to heating and cooling systems. In business since 1952, the company offers 24/7 emergency services, and complimentary energy evaluations and insulation installation.
|Carini||Read Author Review|
Offers a Preventive Maintenance Agreement so you can take advantage of discounts and receive priority scheduling for repairs and tune-ups. Three-year coverage for labor and systems with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
|Comfort Air Zone Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Author Review|
Offers 24/7 emergency service covering all of San Diego county. Provides services for maintenance, repair, and installation for heating and air conditioning. All services are 100% guaranteed.
|Gladstone Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Author Review|
Offers Energy-Star Amana heating and air systems made in the USA. Financing is available for installation. The company focuses primarily on single-family homes.
|Global Heating And Air Conditioning||Read Author Review|
Expect excellent service from a company with over 25 years of experience in the San Diego area. They are well-known for offering Energy-efficient and ductless split systems.
|Guthrie And Sons||Read Author Review|
Provides 24/7 support, 365 days a year, making this company an excellent choice for emergencies at inconvenient hours. Basic HVAC services available, in addition to installation for hybrid systems that use solar power.
|GVK Mechanical||Read Author Review|
Designs and installs custom central home systems. Several discounts are available for military members, firefighters, police, teachers and seniors. Energy efficient systems and ductless systems are also available.
|Reliable Enterprises||Read Author Review|
Staff technicians are licensed in general construction, electrical and plumbing in addition to HVAC services. Lifetime guarantee with every installation.
|SD Air Quality||Read Author Review|
Receive quality care from this San Diego HVAC company that specializes in home purification methods, like UV light air purification systems. Winner of Home Advisor Best of House Cleaning Services in 2015.
San Diego is no stranger to airborne aggravates. It was recently ranked the nation's sixth smoggiest city, and its native pollen can aggravate allergies, asthma and other health conditions. A reliable HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system with air filters can help alleviate symptoms. With San Diego County's warm climates, a reliable air conditioning system also brings relief from hot weather. Heating is also essential for San Diego's mountain communities where snow and freezing temperatures occur.
AC repair San Diego tips
Save energy in San Diego
To save energy in San Diego, consider installing Energy Star heating and cooling systems. Make sure your air filters are changed regularly to keep equipment running efficiently. Close blinds and curtains during the hottest part of the day to keep temperatures lower and reduce the amount of energy it takes to cool your home. A programmable thermostat can help ensure the system isn’t on when it’s not needed. HVAC professionals recommend sealing and insulating ducts to keep cool air from leaking into attics or crawl spaces.
Types of AC systems in San Diego
- A window air conditioner is a stand-alone unit that mounts on a window frame. Not ideal for larger homes, a window unit is efficient for cooling a small room. It functions by pushing warm air out and cooling air as it comes in.
- A central air conditioning unit is designed to cool a whole home. Its capacity is based on home size. Using ducts installed throughout the house, the central unit circulates cooled air. In San Diego, the central air conditioner compressor is typically installed outside the home.
- Portable air conditioners force warm air out of the room through an exhaust hose in the window, returning cool air. You can move the unit around the home as needed. Installation is easy and flexible.
- HVAC systems combine heating and cooling elements into one system, using vents and ducts to circulate air throughout the home. Best for larger homes, the system typically consists of a furnace inside and an air conditioning unit outside. HVAC systems require professional installation and are an investment in a home’s value.
- Evaporative air conditioners cool the home using only air and water, not freon or other refrigerants. They function by drawing warm air over moistened pads, cooling and distributing it throughout the home. Also called “swamp coolers,” evaporative air conditioners work well in hot, dry climates like San Diego and are affordable and efficient.
What should I look for in central AC?
When shopping for central AC, look for Energy Star rated systems that operate to specific efficiency standards and can help save money on utility bills. A SEER rating also indicates energy efficiency: the higher the SEER number, the higher the efficiency. Also consider brand reputation and warranty, along with expected lifespan of the unit.
Air conditioning San Diego FAQ
- Should I get an HVAC tune-up?
- An HVAC tune-up is an essential part of maintaining your home, so we highly recommend you discuss it with your service provider. Air conditioning and heating systems function more efficiently when filters and coils are clean, helping save money on energy bills. A tune-up can help identify worn components, preventing significant repairs down the line and extending the life of your system.
- What are some other ways to cool down in the San Diego heat?
- It's essential to avoid overheating during the summer. If you are having your HVAC serviced or repaired, you have a few options to stay frosty. Of course, staying home with the AC on during the hottest part of the day is preferable. San Diego's beaches provide a great way to cool down on hot days, and there are freshwater splash fountains at the free Waterfront Park downtown. Go museum-hopping in Balboa Park - Fleet Science Center, Museum of Man and other park facilities have air conditioning.
- What are the pros and cons of window AC units?
- Window AC units are generally inexpensive, easy to install and preferable for renters as many San Diego landlords do not invest in central HVAC systems. For small spaces, window AC units work well, but for large homes, it is incredibly inefficient. Window AC units can be cumbersome - make sure the window frame is strong enough to support the extra weight. Once they install the unit, natural light and the ability to open and close the window is blocked. Window AC units might also make your home more vulnerable to intruders who can rip it out and use the window as a point of entry.
- What are the benefits of an AC tuneup?
- Getting an AC tune-up can benefit homeowners in San Diego where air conditioning is running in many homes most of the time during summer. Technicians can catch minor problems to prevent them from becoming significant repairs. They can also change filters or clean components to keep up the system's energy efficiency. Plus, manufacturer warranties on new AC systems require owners to have a professional tune-up once a year for the warranty to be valid.
- How can I keep the air in my home clean?
- While San Diego's air is among the nation's most polluted, you can make improvements to your home's indoor air quality. Indoor plants convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. Regularly changing the air filters in your home's HVAC system helps capture allergens and particulates. Some HVAC systems use UV-light purification that kills mold and bacteria. Remember: Vacuuming and cleaning carpets where debris from the air settles can improve indoor air quality.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
San Diego HVAC company information
SD Air Quality specializes in HVAC system cleaning and home purification. They also install UV light air purification systems, which use light to fight mold and other biological threats in ducts while helping keep the air clean. The company won the Home Advisor Best of House Cleaning Services award in 2015. Estimates are free, so there's no risk getting started with SD Air Quality.
- Address: 7054 Convoy Ct, San Diego, CA 92111
- Phone number: (858) 356-6990
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm; Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm
- URL: https://www.sdairquality.com/
With over 25 years of experience in San Diego County, Global Heating and Air Conditioning provides AC installation and repair, thermostat installation and diagnostics for HVAC systems. They offer energy-efficient cooling systems and can recommend the right technology for your home. The company also offers ductless split systems that deliver air directly to rooms or zones without ducts, which are ideal for small homes.
- Address: 1455 Frazee Rd Suite 500, San Diego, CA 92108
- Phone number: (619) 567-6691
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri : 8am - 5pm; Saturday: 9am - 4pm; Sunday: Closed
- URL: https://www.globalheatingairconditioning.com/
Comfort Air Zone Heating and Air Conditioning offers 24/7 emergency service throughout San Diego County. The company is family-owned and operated with over 35 years of experience in San Diego. The company specializes in heating and air conditioning installation, repair and maintenance. They received the Angie's List Super Service Award in 2018, and all services are 100% guaranteed. They also perform work on indoor air quality systems and geothermal systems.
- Address: 5663 Balboa Ave #457 San Diego, CA 92111
- Phone number: (800) 889-7875
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- URL: https://comfortairzone.com/
Having served San Diego since 1952, ASI works on home air conditioning, heating, plumbing and solar systems. The company provides a lifetime guarantee on quality and 24/7 emergency services. To help make homes more energy-efficient, ASI offers complimentary energy evaluations and insulation installation. You can check their website for specials.
- Address: 4870 Viewridge Ave #200, San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone number: (619) 350-3205
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- URL: https://www.asiheatingandair.com/
GVK Mechanical provides heating and air conditioning equipment replacement and installation in San Diego, along with custom-designed central home systems. The company offers free professional evaluation. The company also installs energy-efficient insulation and ductless systems. Military, fire, police, teacher and senior discounts are available.
- Address: 13459 Olive Tree Ln. Poway, CA 92064
- Phone number: (619) 277-6279
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- URL: https://gvkhvac.com/
Serving greater San Diego, Gladstone Heating & Air Conditioning offers heating, air conditioning and ductless system installation plus maintenance for single-family homes. Financing is available. The company specializes in Energy-Star Amana heating and air conditioning systems made in the US.
- Address: 5173 Waring Rd., #166, San Diego, CA 92120
- Phone number: (619) 438-1832
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 7am - 4:30pm; Sat - Sun: Closed
- URL: https://gladstonehvac.com/
Guthrie and Sons provide general HVAC installation, repair and maintenance services and also installs hybrid systems that connect to solar power. 24-hour live phone support is available 365 days a year. Every installation includes a one-year parts and labor warranty. Check their website for specials and promotions.
- Address: 3914 Hicock St, San Diego, CA 92110
- Phone number: (619) 269-3013
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- URL: https://www.guthrieandsons.com/
Airmaxx won the Carrier President’s Award six years in a row, as well as numerous awards from internet advisor websites. The company’s NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified professionals offer general HVAC services and 24-hour heating/air conditioning emergency repair. Airmaxx can help with indoor air quality solutions. Financing is available.
- Address: 10984 La Alberca Ave, San Diego, CA 92127
- Phone number: (619) 655-3010
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sat: 7:30am - 7pm; Sunday: Closed
- URL: https://airmaxx.com/
Carini is family owned and operated in San Diego, offering HVAC and plumbing services. The company installs and services ductless mini-splits. Sign up for a Preventive Maintenance Agreement to get priority scheduling and discounts. A 100% satisfaction guarantee covers systems and labor for three years.
- Address: 825 Washington St, San Diego, CA 92103
- Phone number: (619) 843-0997
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 5:00pm; Sat - Sun: Closed
- URL: https://www.cariniair.com/
Reliable Enterprises has specialized in heating and air systems for over 20 years. Technicians on staff are licensed in HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general construction. Call for a free phone assessment or to schedule a free estimate. A lifetime guarantee comes with all installations.
- Address: 11315 Rancho Bernardo Rd #138, San Diego, CA 92127
- Phone number: (858) 768-0322
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sat: 6am - 12am; Sun: 9am - 6pm
- URL: reliablestandard.com/
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.