Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in San Antonio
When hiring an HVAC company in San Antonio, look for ones licensed with the state, insured and registered with the city. It also helps to read online reviews to see if previous customers were satisfied with their service.
Top 10 San Antonio HVAC Companies
|Airod Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in designing and optimizing AC and heating systems for new installation. Additional services include AC and furnace replacements. Financing is available.
|Champion AC||Read Expert Review|
Offers residential and commercial HVAC services in addition to electrical services and smart home security. Ductless and mini-split AC systems are available. Customers can access coupons on the company website.
|Cool Planet Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Provides HVAC repair, installation and maintenance for both residential and commercial HVAC systems. Customers can receive free estimates over the phone. Coupons and discounts are available on the website.
|EZ Air Conditioning and Heating||Read Expert Review|
Provides a wide range of services, including geothermal HVAC, duct cleaning, air filter products, general repairs and installations, home automation systems and maintenance plans. The company has served San Antonio since 2000.
|Felix Air Services||Read Expert Review|
Provides maintenance plans for $120 a year. Gives members 10% off repairs and $15 off on service calls. Family-owned and operated and works on residential HVAC systems.
|Go Green Aire Care||Read Expert Review|
Offers free consultations and monthly financing options on a range of HVAC services. Services include smart thermostats, heat pumps, indoor air quality solutions, AC and heater installation, and emergency repair services.
|Jon Wayne Service Company||Read Expert Review|
Offers several discounts and financing options for residential HVAC services. Other services include electrical and plumbing, indoor air quality solutions, complete home evaluations and smart home systems.
|San Antonio Air Service Experts||Read Expert Review|
Serving the San Antonio area since 1986, this company offers both residential and commercial HVAC repair and maintenance. Customers receive a free consultation for any service. Solar AC units are available.
|San Antonio HVAC, LLC||Read Expert Review|
Offers basic HVAC services, plus additional options like UV light air quality solutions and attic insulation. The company has more than 20 years of experience and offers 24-hour emergency repairs.
|Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc San Antonio||Read Expert Review|
The company provides residential and commercial HVAC services. Offers free-onsite quotes and several discounts on their website. Services are available in Terrell Hills, Alamo Heights and surrounding areas.
You can’t escape the heat in San Antonio. When temperatures reach the high-90s (and even into triple digits!), a reliable cooling system is a must-have. High humidity levels also create potential problems in your home — too much moisture can cause rotting wood, mold and mildew. It’s vital to have a well-maintained HVAC that can provide excellent indoor air quality.
Tips for heat and AC repair in San Antonio
Find the best San Antonio AC repair company
It’s worth it to take a little time to find the best HVAC company available in San Antonio. Any HVAC contractor you hire should be licensed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration.
To receive a license in Texas, an HVAC contractor must:
- Have at least 48 months of practical experience in air conditioning and refrigeration-related work under the supervision of a licensed contractor or satisfy the practical experience requirement another way.
- Pass an exam.
- Pay a licensing fee.
- Have commercial general liability insurance and be insured for at least $100,000 per occurrence, at least $200,000 aggregate and at least $100,000 aggregate for products and completed operations.
The City of San Antonio also requires all licensed contractors to be registered with Development Services before issuing permits. Search the City of San Antonio contractor database to confirm registration with the city.
Keep your San Antonio HVAC system regularly maintained
It’s essential to keep your system regularly maintained. This keeps it functioning well in the hot San Antonio summers and when the weather gets colder in the winter. Follow these tips to make sure your HVAC system is in great shape:
- Get an annual maintenance checkup from a reputable HVAC company.
- Replace or clean air filters every 30 to 90 days, or more frequently if you have pets.
- Check for cracks and gaps around windows, doors and siding so your HVAC system doesn’t have to do extra work.
Tips to save money on energy in San Antonio
San Antonians love saving money on their energy bill and spending their money on more fun things like trips to the beach or a nice meal out with their family. Try out some of the tips below to save money on your monthly energy bill:
- Perform regular maintenance to keep your HVAC system equipment running efficiently and catch any problems before they become worse.
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows, doors and siding.
- Make sure to always close windows and doors tightly.
- Replace old windows.
- Use window treatments to prevent the sun from overheating your home when it’s hot.
- Open blinds and curtains during winter months, so the heat from the sun warms your home.
- Use fans in the summer with air conditioning, so your air conditioner runs less.
- Replace old HVAC units with a more energy-efficient unit to save money on repairs, reduce the cost of your utility bills and increase the possibility of being eligible for rebates.
CPS Energy offers several rebates to San Antonio residents for making their homes more energy-efficient, including the Home Energy Rebates Program for central air conditioners and heat pumps. You can apply to the program online.
San Antonio HVAC FAQ
- How can I keep my HVAC system clean in San Antonio?
Safety first — before you start cleaning, make sure you turn off your system’s breakers in the main electrical panel. You can then start cleaning out any dust and debris that’s accumulated in the interior of the unit by hand or with a vacuum. Remove the unit’s exterior fan grill with the appropriate tool to access the interior.
While you have the grill removed, wash the outdoor condenser fins with a hose by spraying outward from the interior. Then you can straighten any bent fins with a butter knife or a specialized fin comb to increase airflow efficiency. When finished, secure the fan grill to the unit.
Then, remove any dead leaves, broken branches and other debris that’s built up around the outside of the unit. Trim any plants such as trees, shrubs and weeds within two feet of the unit for proper airflow.
Lastly, flush the condensate drain line. Flushing the line is especially important in San Antonio’s humid climate as clogs in the line trap condensed water and cause water damage to your home.
Start by locating where the drainpipe exits your house, then use a vacuum to suction out any build-up of dirt, algae, mildew and insects in the pipe. Next, go inside your home and wash the condensate drain pan located around the furnace. Finally, pour 1-2 cups of vinegar down the interior drainpipe to flush out debris.
- How can I keep a healthy ventilation system?
- Regular maintenance and cleaning are critical for a healthy ventilation system. An excellent place to start is cleaning your indoor and outdoor HVAC units, as stated in the question above. You should also clean or change your air filters every 30 days, or as recommended by the manufacturer, for better airflow. Also, inspect your indoor HVAC unit to protect against water damage by checking for water leaks and clogs in pipes. Performing these three monthly procedures to help keep your system running efficiently.
- How can a programmable thermostat help?
Programmable thermostats save energy and ultimately money by automatically adjusting your thermostat. More than half of the year, the average temperature in San Antonio is above 80 degrees. Adjusting your thermostat a few degrees higher when it’s hot helps your air conditioning run less while you’re outside your home.
A programmable thermostat also allows you to separate your home into sections. You choose the areas of your home you want to be heated or cooled by diverting airflow from unoccupied rooms to areas of your home you use the most.
- What are a few ways to keep the air inside my San Antonio home clean?
According to the EPA, the most effective ways to keep the air inside your home clean are to remove pollutants and ventilate with clean outdoor air. Using an air cleaner is one way to effectively remove pollutants from the air throughout your home by filtering them out. Air cleaners help people with asthma, allergies and other respiratory issues.
Another way to keep the air inside your home clean is to clean your air ducts. All sorts of dust, dirt, dander and other contaminants accumulate in ductwork and circulate through your home. Even though the air in San Antonio tends to have plenty of moisture, a humidifier reduces the likelihood of spreading airborne diseases.
San Antonio HVAC company information
With more than 20 years of experience, San Antonio HVAC LLC offers 24-hour emergency service, HVAC repair, HVAC installation, air duct cleaning and repair, annual maintenance plans, and thermostat replacement. The company’s other services include air filter installation, indoor air quality solutions such as UV light and installing attic insulation.
- Address: 7340 Blanco Rd Suite 119, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone number: (210) 310-3861
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: http://sanantoniohvacllc.com/
Since 1986, San Antonio Air Service Experts provide residential HVAC maintenance and service, commercial HVAC services and indoor air quality solutions. San Antonio Air Service Experts has a large product selection, including solar AC units. The company also offers a variety of maintenance service plans and a payment program when purchasing a new HVAC unit that includes free installation, free maintenance and free repairs. Free consultations are available for any of the company’s services. San Antonio Air Service Experts offers several discount coupons on its website and 24-hour emergency service is available.
- Address: 11926 Warfield St, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Phone number: (210) 525-8040
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: https://www.sanantonioserviceexperts.com/
Champion AC specializes in commercial and residential HVAC services, electrical services and smart home security. HVAC services include maintenance, repairs and installation as well as home purification and air filtration systems. Unique products the company carries include ductless AC and mini-split systems. Free estimates and numerous service coupons are available on the company’s website. Additionally, Champion AC offers financing options for new units.
- Address: 16018 University Oak Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Phone number: (210) 888-9506
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 7am - 10pm; Sat - Sun: 7am - 5pm
- Website: https://www.championac.com/
Jon Wayne Service Company is an AC and heating service and replacement company. Its offerings include residential HVAC, electrical, plumbing, smart home systems, complete home evaluations and indoor air quality solutions. The company provides an abundance of discounts and financing options on its services and products.
- Address: 9272 US Hwy 87 E, San Antonio, TX 78263
- Phone number: (210) 293-5550
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: http://www.jonwayneair.com/
Felix Air Services is a family-owned and operated HVAC company that provides service to residential properties. HVAC services include maintenance, repairs, installation and diagnostics. While diagnostic fees start at $39.95, estimates are free. The company also offers annual maintenance plans for $120. Plan members receive a 10 percent discount on repairs and $15 off any service call. Other discounts are available on its website.
- Address: 130 Laurelwood Dr., San Antonio, TX 78213
- Phone number: (210) 386-1599
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
- Website: https://felixairservices.com/
Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. is an AC and heating company providing service to San Antonio, Terrell Hills, Alamo Heights and the surrounding areas. Its services include commercial HVAC replacement and maintenance, AC repair, AC installation, furnace installation and furnace maintenance. The company also offers ventilation products such as kitchen ventilation, hoods, exhaust fans and fire-suppression systems. Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc provides free on-site quotes and discounts on the company’s website.
- Address: 10927 Wye Dr Suite 102, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Phone number: (210) 444-9418
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: https://www.schmidtmechanical.com/
EZ Air Conditioning and Heating services include residential and commercial HVAC services such as maintenance, repairs and installation. Additionally, it offers air filter products, indoor air quality solutions, geothermal HVAC, duct cleaning and repair, home automation systems, and maintenance plans with numerous financing options. Ask about EZ Air Conditioning and Heating's military discount.
- Address: 7755 Eckhert Rd Suite 102, San Antonio, TX 78240
- Phone number: (210) 558-7883
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
- Website: https://ezacandheat.com/
Airod Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated San Antonio HVAC business specializing in designing and optimizing new AC and heating systems. Their services include AC replacement, AC installation, furnace installation and replacement. A product pricing list is available on the company’s website. Airod Air Conditioning also offers financing options through MICROF BANK.
- Address: 11623 Kristidawn, San Antonio, Texas 78253
- Phone number: (210) 760-8319
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sat: 7am - 5pm
- Website: https://freezingac.com/
Cool Planet Air offers professional heating services and air conditioning for commercial businesses and residential homes. HVAC services include repair, maintenance, installation, air duct cleaning and replacement and indoor air quality products such as UV lights. Cool Planet Air has coupons and discounts for customers on its website, and customers receive free estimates over the phone.
- Address: 5413 Bandera Rd #406, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Phone number: (210) 684-2665
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: https://coolplanetac.com/
Go Green Aire Care is a heating and cooling company with services that include AC repair and maintenance and AC installation. They also provide furnace repair and maintenance, furnace installation, heat pumps, indoor air quality solutions, programmable thermostats and emergency services. The company offers monthly financing options through its website. Customers receive free consultations.
- Address: 4135 Stahl Rd ste 2, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Phone number: (210) 654-7336
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Website: https://gogreenairecare.com/