Top 10 Houston HVAC Companies
|Abacus Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
This company doesn’t just offer plumbing services. They also provide a wide range of HVAC services, including air conditioning installation and heating repair.
|Air Specialist||Read Expert Review|
49 years of experience means this Houston HVAC company knows how to get the job done. The company covers all basic heating and cooling needs.
|Air Tech of Houston||Read Expert Review|
This Houston-based company has been providing HVAC services in the Houston area since 1985. They specialize in replacing outdated HVAC systems, zoning homes with too-hot and too-cold rooms and providing annual tune-ups.
|AirCon Service Company||Read Expert Review|
With four decades of experience, this company is an excellent go-to for your HVAC repair and installation needs. The company's No Surprises Guarantee means you'll always know what you need to pay.
|AirPro||Read Expert Review|
This company specializes in air conditioning and heating, commercial HVAC, air quality services, insulation and ductless HVAC services.
|Lee Thompson||Read Expert Review|
This family-owned and operated HVAC company based in Houston offers comprehensive AC and furnace services. Emergency servicing is available, and the company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
|Mission Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
This Houston HVAC company specializes in the installation and repair of air conditioners, furnaces, water heaters and plumbing. The business is family-owned and emphasizes the latest technology.
|P&M||Read Expert Review|
49 years of experience means this Houston HVAC company knows how to get the job done. The company covers all standard heating and cooling needs.
|Richmonds Air||Read Expert Review|
This Houston HVAC company specializes in repairing and installing cooling systems. They can also handle leaks, cooling issues, tune-ups and general maintenance.
|Superior HVAC||Read Expert Review|
This company can provide most basic HVAC services but specializes in heating system and furnace installations, repairs and replacements. The company offers a 10% discount for military, seniors citizens and the police.
Houston's hot, humid summers and temperate winters make a well-functioning heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system a necessity. Although Houston's temperatures rarely drop below freezing, having an efficient air conditioner is essential in the city's sweltering summers. Your HVAC system is also vital to improving air quality and preventing mold growth inside your home.
Houston HVAC tips and advice
The best way to prevent the need for air conditioning repair is to keep your system maintained. Houston's high temperatures keep air conditioning units running constantly in the summer, which takes a toll on their durability. Some steps to keeping your HVAC system in top shape include:
- Change the filter every 90 days, or every 60 days if you have a cat or dog. Households with more than one pet may need to change filters as often as every 20 to 45 days.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils one to two times per year. If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, contact a Houston air conditioning repair company to clean and check your AC unit.
- Schedule HVAC maintenance one to two months before summer and winter begin. An experienced HVAC repair company can tuneup your system and inspect for any parts that may be in danger of failing.
But when it comes to saving money with your heating and cooling unit, these three tips will give you the biggest bang for your buck:
- Ventilate your attic with louvers and roof vents to keep it as much as 30 degrees cooler.
- Use ceiling fans to displace hot air and circulate cold air.
- Set the thermostat as high and low as your comfort allows in the summer and winter, respectively.
If you're looking to replace your HVAC system in Houston, the best place to start is by familiarizing yourself with the types of systems and their prices. Studying geothermal, duct-free split, hybrid heat split and split systems, as well as their general cost, allows you to make an informed choice. You will also have a more productive conversation with your HVAC installer.
Once you have an idea of what you want and are ready for quotes, be sure to find HVAC installers who are licensed and insured. Also, search for the certifications technicians might have that show they uphold quality and knowledge standards.
HVAC service in Houston FAQ
- How do I spend less on energy in Houston?
- Open your curtains during the day for added heat or close them to keep cool
- Make sure air filters are promptly changed
- Unblock HVAC registers for maximum air flow
- Insulate outlets and electrical boxes
- Clean your ductwork
- Upgrade insulation in areas with drafts
- Keep lamps and hot appliances away from the thermostat
- Keep any outdoor AC units free of debris
- Don’t use the oven or dryer during peak temperature times
- Insulate exposed ductwork
- Check windows and doors for drafts and seal them if needed
- Have your HVAC system maintained regularly
- What should I ask the technician when my AC is installed?
- When having an HVAC company install a new AC unit, be sure to ask what warranties are included and how to maintain the HVAC system for top performance.
- How can I be ready for Houston summers?
- Beat the Houston summer rush by having an air conditioning repair specialist do preventative maintenance in the spring. Change HVAC filters if necessary, make sure thermostats are fully functional and clean in and around the outdoor part of the HVAC unit.
- How do I know if I need a new heating system?
- Consider replacing your heating system if it no longer keeps up with demand, your energy bills are steadily rising or there are broken or malfunctioning parts in your heating system.
- What preparation should I do before winter in Houston?
- Make sure your thermostat works properly, your heating system turns on without problems or unusual sounds and contact a licensed HVAC repair specialist for routine maintenance.
- How should I clean my Houston AC unit?
- Use appropriate tools like a hex head nut driver, dry towels, AC cleaning solutions, a water hose and soft bristle brushes to get the job done. For best results, hire a Houston air conditioning repair company who has experience cleaning HVAC units.
- Is there anything I need to do before spring comes in Houston?
- The most important tips include changing the filters, checking the thermostat functionality and cleaning dead foliage and debris around the unit. Contact an air conditioning repair company to inspect your unit, look for leaks and make sure no parts are at risk of failure.
- How can I keep my AC in good health?
- Change your filters every 90 days or every 25 - 60 days if you have pets. Scheduling HVAC maintenance in the spring and fall maintenance is also crucial to keeping your system running smoothly.
- What qualities does a good Houston HVAC technician have?
- An excellent HVAC technician in Houston should be licensed and insured, have a good reputation and provide fair pricing.
Houston HVAC company information
Mission Air Conditioning's technicians do it all when it comes to repairing or installing your HVAC system. Their financing plans also make costly work affordable. A 100% satisfaction guarantee and their use of American-built equipment make them a natural choice.
- Hours: M - F: 7am - 7pm; Sat: 8 am - 4pm
- Address: 523 Garden Oaks Blvd., Houston, TX 77018
- Phone number: (713) 520-2012
Servicing most major HVAC brands, Lee Thompson provides comprehensive HVAC services like installation, repair and maintenance. Your family will breathe easy with their indoor air quality service offerings.
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
- Address: 1718 Elmview Drive, Houston, TX 77080
- Phone number: (713) 999-4409
Providing 24-hour emergency service, you can call or schedule an appointment online at any time with Air Tech of Houston. Their commitment to customer satisfaction shows with their investment in new equipment and extra training for staff.
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Address: 2114 Lou Ellen Lane, Houston, TX 77018
- Phone number: (713) 699-0623
With multiple perks like a two-year labor warranty, free one-year service agreement and a 10% discount for seniors, police and military personnel, you can be confident choosing Superior HVAC for all your AC and heating needs.
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Address: Oak Ridge N., TX 77385
- Phone number: (281) 288-7777
Richmonds Air is a veteran-owned and -operated heating and AC repair company and has serviced all major AC and heating systems in Houston since 2002.
- Hours: M - Sat: 7am - 9pm
- Address: 76 Yale St., Ste. 2, Houston, Texas 77007
- Phone number: (713) 732-6426
AirCon Service Company provides its customers with tailor-made solutions to all their HVAC and indoor air quality issues. Available 24/7, you can schedule with them at any time.
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Address: 16628 Sea Lark Rd., Houston, TX 77062
- Phone number: (281) 823-8771
In addition to plumbing, Abacus Plumbing offers air conditioning, heating, electrical and drain services. New HVAC systems have 10-year parts and labor warranties and a 10-year financing option.
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Address: 4001 Kendrick Plaza Drive, Houston, TX 77032
- Phone number: (713) 812-7070
AirPro's certified professionals can solve almost any HVAC problem. Their selection of AC and heating maintenance plans also ensures your HVAC system always lives up to its potential. Financing is available.
- Hours: Available 24/7
- Address: 10010 Gilson Lane, Houston, TX 77086
- Phone number: (281) 880-8805
Offering cooling, heating, maintenance and air quality services, Air Specialist is a one-stop shop for all HVAC needs. As an ACCA member company with NATE-certified technicians, they check all the right boxes when comparing reputable HVAC businesses. Financing options are available.
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Address: 6734 Rupley Circle, Houston, TX 77087
- Phone number: (713) 588-6249
Offering cooling, heating, maintenance and air quality services, Air Specialist is a one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. As an ACCA member company with NATE-Certified technicians, they check all the right boxes of reputable HVAC businesses. Financing options are available.
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 9pm; Sat 8am - 5pm
- Address: 1323 N. Main St., Pearland, TX 77581
- Phone number: (713) 469-3443