2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hotpoint Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotpoint Refrigerator?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotpoint Refrigerator?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Bought Hotpoint refrigerator. Model hps18bthmrww June 2019. After few months use, the pocket cracked. We were unable to buy part. Now we must buy a whole new door! This is ridiculous. We can’t afford to buy new doors every time this thing cracks up! Avoid this GE Hotpoint refrigerator... it is a rotten lemon!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Needed a freezer in a pinch so chose the Hotpoint Chest freezer from Lowe's, shame on me not doing the researcher I normally do. Worked for a few months and is now essentially a refrigerator, looking for the number to call the company to see what they will do. Be aware of this brand, will post the outcome when I have it.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We bought the Hotpoint refrigerator/freezer, (freezer is on top,) almost 20 yrs ago and have never had a problem. The only issue we have is that the freezer space is rather small for a family of even just 2 people. The big plus? It's SO easy to clean and light enough to move to get to the back to clean that area as well.

Original review: July 26, 2020

This is a great fridge freezer if you like spending your time replacing it. Under warranty, it was replaced twice. Then the door broke and I went for the cheaper repair option than buying a different brand. Main problem is that the no freeze system needs outside condensation. When it is hot outside and strangely you would then want things to be kept cold, ice forms in the condensation pipe or air distribution channel. Defrost the freezer for 18 hours with the door open, and about 0.5 l of water spills out. Then it will work again. You may need a new floor too. Bought a matching oven, too: No spare parts available. So stay away from this company: Hotpoint, Ariston and the likes.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I bought the fridge 4 months ago and I regret it. Makes very loud noise and recently It has started making some other strange noise. Food goes bad very fast apart from the one in the freezer. Power consumption and appearance is also okay.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Surprisingly economy & quiet, very simple and budget, from a day one works without any problem, meanwhile its appearance is pretty conservative if not to say primitive without any modern features or else.

Original review: March 25, 2019

It is the best three door fridge I have ever owned - dual freezer doors, no huge doors to open, easy access to produce, a lot of storage areas, equal freezer space to fridge space, perfect size for one or two people.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer. From early on it made loud strange noises. I never felt it was safe. Eventually it stopped working. All my food was spoiled. Before it broke down it sounded like a jumbo jet taking off. I wrote to CE and my product was replaced. After a year same problem. Again I wrote to CE this time I received a call from an irritating customer service person who couldn't have cared less. They said they would be happy to send out an engineer at a cost to me. Explains I thought it was a product fault and it wasn't fit for purpose possibly dangerous. Not interested. I know longer felt safe with this product so bought a Bush for half the price and so far so good. I love it. Hotpoint and I are to finished forever.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Bought a new f/f 2 months ago. It told me it's frost free. The drawers of freezer have loads of ice all over them. It makes horrendous noise so rang for repair and was told I have to defrost it at least for 24 hours. I said I never would have bought it had I known that... I said it’s meant to be frost free. She said it is but only directly inside the fridge and freezer drawers won’t frost up but it will get iced up inside the pipes. Omg and I should defrost it every time, well the freezer drawers do frost badly and I’m not defrosting every 4 weeks why should I?

I asked for a repair date and she kept saying all they will say to me is to defrost it. I said, "I’m not happy." 700 pound later I have a rubbish fridge and I want a new one. She said, “Oh I can’t say that to you as I’m not an engineer.” I then said, “Then don’t tell me to defrost it then.” I then said, “I want to speak to a manager” and then she said, “I never said you can’t have an engineer.” Grrrr so I now have one coming in two days. If I was away and it happened again it could be dangerous. So no not happy I should have stuck with Samsung.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The freezer causes ice to evaporate within a few days, surprising you when you go for ice from trays which were recently filled. The temperature varies from just under freezing to slightly below freezing, making it necessary to check if items are frozen.

Hotpoint Refrigerator Company Information