Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.19/5

16 Caldera Spas Consumer Reviews

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 26, 2019

I have had a terrible experience with my Caldera Spas and would never purchase one again. I own a 2017 Caldera Marino Hot tub. I am from Saskatchewan Canada and this winter my hot tub froze up. As we had a very cold winter each night, I would go out to make sure my hot tub was running. And the night I didn't, for some reason the breaker tripped and all my lines froze up in tub. I emailed Watkins and they told me they would forward my complaint and then never heard anything back. So this spring when everything thawed, started up my tub, and was very lucky nothing was damaged. It runs an hour, and blows main house breaker.

So had a techie come out, and replace circuit board, and top front. And when I had came home from work, I found my tub quit again and blew main breaker again. So contacted the business where I purchased tub. Haven't heard a word, and waiting now for my electrician to recheck wiring. All pumps and jets work, but when it's heating it blows main house breaker. What frustrates me more is, this tub is on warranty and why is it that the business seems to blame consumer that it was something you did wrong. It's close to 4 months now and my tub is still not running. I am very frustrated and just want a different tub.

Hello Shannon,
I am sorry that this has been your spa experiences. Our spas are being used in many cold environments and I can understand your frustration with it freezing. I am glad to hear that survived the thaw. However, not sure what the current issue is but I would like to know more to see how I can help.
I will send you a message for more info. Thank you for your post and I look forward in working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: April 26, 2019

To start, we had an amazing experience with Caldera and especially Carol, Read on to see why we will always come back for all our hot tub/spa needs. Especially with today culture, it seems everywhere you go it’s about how much somebody can sell you, a lack of knowledge and truly providing an uplifting experience. To be fair, when we walked in we had already done our research and were pretty clear on what we wanted for our family. Carol met us with such a warm personality, uplifting and truly cared if we were having a wonderful day. Expecting the normal sales approach, we explained what we were looking for, and she had no issues finding what we wanted on our terms.

The reason we chose Caldera Spas was because of the longevity, reputation and quality. Carol knew every hot tub inside and out, Caldera or otherwise, she knew the warranty and even with an obscure electrical connection issue, she found the answer which was a change in the latest version and was not documented, but she did not only just find the answer, I can’t stress enough how much she CARED about finding, learning and knowing the answer for future questions. We had checked with a few other places before, only to be met by pushy, stubborn individuals that didn’t even know their own product, Carol and from what we can tell everybody at Caldera are on their A game.

As far as the ordering experience, the spa that we chose was ready before we were and they were able to hold it for a couple weeks while we prepare, the instructions for care are much easier to read and perform than some other spas, the heater/jet combination was exactly what we wanted. Even though we chose a model that was 240v, it comes built in with options for 30 and 50 amp service so it fit our existing house electricals which has Solar, electric stove and Forced air and they have one of the largest selections of 120v spas. I really can’t say enough good about our experience and I sincerely appreciate the amazing compassion, salesmanship, knowledge and quality!

Alex!
I am pleased to know that you are enjoying your spa and had a great experience with the Caldera Spa dealer, especially Carol.
Having support like that makes for many years of Happy Hot Tubbing!
Thank you for a fantastic review.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Decided to purchase a tub new rather than online and made several stops at the local dealers. After doing our research we chose to go with Caldera due to their experience in the industry and the elegant modern look of their tubs. We are now avid users of our hot tub and have never had an issue. Would highly recommend their tubs to anybody in the market.

Caldera Spas response
Welcome to the Caldera Spa Family, Thomas. Love hearing how happy you are with your new spa and privileged to be a part of your relaxing hot tub experience.
Happy Hot Tubbing!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Caldera Utopia Cantabria Hot Tub back in 2012. At first it was very enjoyable. About three years in we noticed small cracks around the top outside of the tub shell. They replaced the tub quickly and efficiently - no issues. Then tried to figure out why the cracks appeared and concluded (without any research, only conjecture) that the heat from the adjacent windows caused the cracks and they would not cover our tub if it occurred again; the cracks reappeared... It is kind of a visual deal - tub operates fine. Now, the tub stopped working and we cannot get a service technician to come work on it. The company's fix is to wait for 6-8 weeks (at least) for the closest center to send a technician out. The store has been fine to work with but the Watkins Manufacturing Corp. that makes and should service Caldera brand tubs has not been helpful in locating anybody who can service the tub. They do not care about customer service - only sales.

Caldera Spas response

Russ, I am sorry to hear that your spa is in need of service. I would like to know more to see how I might be able to help. I will DM you for your spa serial number. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to working with you soon. Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have had many issues with my Caldera Niagara. I wake up every day regretting my decision to purchase a Caldera. Do not purchase the Bluetooth music system. Every one of my original speakers have malfunctioned.

Caldera Spas response
Hello Dennis, I am sorry your spa music system is not operating as it should. I know you are in contact with the Caldera Manager and together working on a solution. Thank you for your post. I am sure your spa will be in working order shortly.

Vanessa - Caldera Spa Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caldera Spas?

Resolution response: April 13, 2019

The issues were corrected and everything is working as it should be.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I've used my Kauai Spa - Paradise Series 4 times. It makes a noise akin to a jet taking off from the runway. It is by no means a relaxing experience because of the overwhelming noise. We contacted the local dealer and they sent an employee out to check it out. They'd had me turn off the unit at the breaker box because they were concerned it might be the pump, However, when the employee arrived it did not make the sound when I turned it on. It was freezing so we didn't do anything else. Back booming within an hour. He came out another time and heard the sound and it stopped immediately when the front panel was removed. I was told it was a vibration that he could easily fix it Monday. Well, it is Friday, the spa is still not fixed. Just about ready for them to pick it up and refund my money and I will buy elsewhere.

Caldera Spas response

Shelly, I am sorry that you are not having an enjoyable spa experience. Can you tell me if the dealer ever made it back out to your spa and fixed the noise issue? If you need further assistance please contact us. Thank you for your post. Vanessa - Caldera Spa Customer Service

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our fairly new spa has globules of oil on side and surfaces. When we went to the dealer they sold us expensive chemicals for a flush and told us to drain the spa. We are on our third flush and now the globules are more like melted PVC pipe, small white granules. This problem is not a cleaning issue. We've owned a spa for 25 years and never had a problem. This is an internal mechanism issue that the dealer will not admit.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had a Caldera Spa for the last three years and have a number of things go wrong with the tub. It has always presented a problem getting Caldera to handle the warranty claims and have used my hot tub repairman to facilitate these claims. Caldera changed their warranty provider approximately three (3) months ago and now the local vendor has not responded to my request for assistance over a month ago. The company doing warranty work locally here in SC is Pool Werxs, now called Barrier Reef Pools. I called them for assistance a month ago and I have yet to hear back from them. This is an unacceptable business practice for any business especially one responsible for warranty claims.

In addition, to the aforementioned problem with Caldera, I ordered parts from Caldera Spa Parts Plus on 5/11/18 and as of this writing I have yet to receive approximately 1/3 of my order. I called and spoke to a customer service representative Bernarndo who assured me a week ago he would ship the missing part of the order. Now after a week I still have not received the 1/3 of my order and now no one answers the phone or respond to my email. I have initiated a dispute of the credit payment and want the public to know that Caldera and its representatives are unresponsive and difficult to work with.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased my Caldera Spa at GORILLA OUTDOOR LIVING LIFESTYLES AND ACCESSORIES. DBA gorillaislands.com Corona Ca. The Niagara Model I purchased is perfect for my back pain and joints. Rhonda and Kevin Owners educated me and with great detail. Thank you Gorilla. My Caldera Spa is Awesome.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My first Caldera has within 1 year leaking issues, I call the dealer and they most call the importer (Belgium). But everything takes a long time, so I go to the dealer and told him sale me that Caldera (it was in the showroom) so I have quick another jacuzzi. I, most pay 2000 euros more for the new spa. It has a sound system so ok I pay and the problem was solved. But now 13 months further I have again leaking issues. 3 speakers are completely damage and leaking. Now they have closed the sound system, and my money the 2500 euro is disappeared. Nobody pats me back.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

It is high quality. I've never had problems. Certainly recommend it, served me, very helpful. I had tried many brands until a friend recommended it. Already had a positive impact.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Great hot tub. Works as advertised and we use it a lot. It's pretty energy efficient and works really well. My kids love it as do our friends. It's great for parties. Would recommend for anyone that can afford it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

The greatest invention for stress relief, or a spa after a great workout. Caldera Hot tubs provide a way to soak the tensions of the day away and relax your body like nothing else can.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I saw a bird once. The bird flew through the skies happy and carefree. When the bird finally landed to rest, a cat pounced and ate it. Being in this hot tub made me feel very much like that cat.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

We got this almost 2 years ago and has been nothing but a headache since. Doesn't hold its heat. Set temp and it's always 2-3 degrees cooler and when in hot tub doesn't hold its heat. We had a jet pump go out this last weekend and local dealer came out and fixed it. Now he don't have the pressure we use to with jets. We have fought with dealer for 2 years about the heat issue and he tells us it's fine then problem with jets and he says there is nothing wrong with them. We have contacted Caldera customer service with both issues and they tell us they can't help us. We will be getting rid of it and going with different brand.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Many issues with faulty jets. Spa was replaced once and the replacement spa had the same issues. The replacement spa basically had no warranty because the company would only honor the warranty from the original purchase date, not the date the spa was installed. The lighting has failed and now has plumbing leak making the spa unusable. I will note that when it was working properly we thoroughly enjoyed it and used it nearly every night. I do plan to have the spa repaired however I'm not sure if I would ever purchase another. I spent way too much money on the purchase considering it didn't outlast the warranty. Couldn't even use the spa to relieve the stress of dealing with repair issues.

Caldera Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company, part of Watkins Manufacturing, an industry-leading producer of premium spas, is a member of the Masco family of home products.

• First-hand reviews: Caldera offers lots of first-hand information from actual customers, including plentiful reviews, videos and ratings.

• Trade in value: Fill out the form on the Caldera website to find out how much an older hot tub is worth. The trade-in is used toward the cost of a new Caldera hot tub.

• 20-minute renewal: The Caldera blog provides timely advice on everything from hot tub tips to healthy living and relaxation advice.

• Caldera diagnostic resource: Caldera hot tub retailers have access to cutting-edge software that's used to diagnose and solve hot tub problems.

• Green focus: Caldera pays attention to its environmental impact, from the manufacturing process to the corporate work environment. The website offers consumers many tips for enhancing the earth-friendliness of their units.

• Best for: Consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Caldera Spas Company Information