Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

BOTTOM LINE

Caldera hot tubs are easy to maintain and come with a variety of customizable features. Some customers complain about frequent repairs, but most enjoy the sleek, modern design.

PROS

• Customizable options
  • Energy efficient
  • Easy to maintain

CONS

• Shorter warranty on some models
  • More expensive

Top Caldera Spas Reviews

At first it was very enjoyable. About three years in we noticed small cracks around the top outside of the tub shell. They replaced the tub quickly and efficiently — no issues …

... After doing our research we chose to go with Caldera due to their experience in the industry and the elegant modern look of their tubs. We are now avid users of our hot tub.

About Caldera Spas

Caldera Spas specializes in selling energy-efficient hot tubs that are easy to maintain. Unlike some other companies, Caldera uses sound-dampening technology to keep its spas quiet. Caldera spa models come with the FreshWater Salt System, which makes water care simple and intuitive.

The company manufactures hot tubs and swim spas for those seeking relief from muscle aches and joint pain or who want a relaxing oasis in their backyards. Caldera Spas include Hot Tub Circuit Therapy, which uses strategically placed seats and jets to provide a whole-body treatment.

Caldera Spas prices

Caldera hot tub prices start around $6,999, and its most expensive hot tub models cost $13,000 or more. The company offers financing options for customers with qualifying credit. If you already have a hot tub, you can take advantage of Caldera’s trade-in program, as well.

Caldera Spas hot tubs

Caldera Spas manufacturers hot tubs in the Utopia, Paradise and Vacanza series collections.

• Vacanza series: The Vacanza series models start at less than $7,000. With two seats and 15 jets, even the basic model has desirable features. The top-end models in this series feature 25 jets and can seat up to seven adults.
    • Paradise series: Hot tubs In the Paradise series begin at $11,000 and go up to $12,999. You can choose between several options to customize your hot tub. These tubs seat between three and seven people and have up to 46 jets.
    • Utopia series: Spas in the Utopia series start at $13,000 and have the most premium features. They fit between four and eight adults and feature up to 74 jets. Caldera’s Utopia series hot tub models have contoured pillows and an enhanced jet face design.

Caldera Spas accessories and features

Every Caldera hot tub model can be customized with entertainment options, comfort features and more.

• Hot tub steps: Caldera offers three different styles of steps for its hot tubs. Choose one that matches your hot tub’s exterior to help turn your spa into the centerpiece of your backyard landscaping.
    • Hot tub covers: A hot tub cover keeps debris out of your tub and helps conserve energy. Caldera Spas’ covers seal tightly and insulate your tub.
    • Cover lifters: Caldera Spas’ cover lifters feature pneumatic gas shock lifters for effortless use.
    • Entertainment systems: Get speakers built into your tub or buy a wireless monitor and watch your favorite shows as you soak.
    • Cool Zone: This feature cools the water to let you use the hot tub year-round. If it’s too hot outside, set the water to a cold temperature and enjoy.
    • Water Care: Hot tubs in the Vacanza series use FROG Water Care Systems to make maintenance easy. The Paradise and Utopia series use the FreshWater Salt System.

Caldera Spas FAQ

Do Caldera Spas come with a warranty?
    Every Calderas Spa series comes with a warranty. The Vacanza has a five-year shell warranty, a two-year surface warranty and a two-year plumbing warranty. The Paradise and Utopia Series have even longer warranties — a 10-year shell warranty, seven-year surface warranty and five-year plumbing warranty.
    How do you drain a Caldera Spa hot tub?
    Draining a Caldera Spas hot tub is as simple as turning off your breakers and pulling the handle on the main drain valve. While the handle is pulled, you rotate it and remove the cap. If you live in an area where the winter temperature drops below freezing, you must drain and winterize the hot tub. Your owners’ manual has directions for draining your specific hot tub model.
    How often do you clean a Caldera Spa?
    One of the benefits of Caldera Spas tubs is their low maintenance. To maintain your spa, you should regularly wash your filter. You should also change out the water on a set schedule — if your tub uses the saltwater hot tub system, this only needs to be done once a year. Use chemicals to sanitize your tub as directed by your owners’ manual.
    Where are Caldera Spas made?
    Caldera Spas are made at a factory in Vista, California.

Are Caldera Spas worth it?

If you’re looking for an easy-to-maintain hot tub that has features designed for comfort, Caldera Spas could be an excellent option. The company’s spas are expensive, but Caldera strives to make a luxurious product. Some customers complain about needing to make regular repairs to keep their tub operating smoothly, but the warranty should cover repairs that are needed within two to 10 years of purchasing the spa.

Caldera Spas Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Purchased the spa in October of last year. The maintenance is super easy with the salt water system and the operation cost is not noticeable in my electric bill. Find the tub to be relaxing and the jets have more than enough power to soothe my muscles. Would recommend this model to anyone looking!

Hello Kevin!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and spa experience. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your spa.

Happy Hot Tubbing!

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: April 26, 2019

To start, we had an amazing experience with Caldera and especially Carol, Read on to see why we will always come back for all our hot tub/spa needs. Especially with today culture, it seems everywhere you go it’s about how much somebody can sell you, a lack of knowledge and truly providing an uplifting experience. To be fair, when we walked in we had already done our research and were pretty clear on what we wanted for our family. Carol met us with such a warm personality, uplifting and truly cared if we were having a wonderful day. Expecting the normal sales approach, we explained what we were looking for, and she had no issues finding what we wanted on our terms.

The reason we chose Caldera Spas was because of the longevity, reputation and quality. Carol knew every hot tub inside and out, Caldera or otherwise, she knew the warranty and even with an obscure electrical connection issue, she found the answer which was a change in the latest version and was not documented, but she did not only just find the answer, I can’t stress enough how much she CARED about finding, learning and knowing the answer for future questions. We had checked with a few other places before, only to be met by pushy, stubborn individuals that didn’t even know their own product, Carol and from what we can tell everybody at Caldera are on their A game.

As far as the ordering experience, the spa that we chose was ready before we were and they were able to hold it for a couple weeks while we prepare, the instructions for care are much easier to read and perform than some other spas, the heater/jet combination was exactly what we wanted. Even though we chose a model that was 240v, it comes built in with options for 30 and 50 amp service so it fit our existing house electricals which has Solar, electric stove and Forced air and they have one of the largest selections of 120v spas. I really can’t say enough good about our experience and I sincerely appreciate the amazing compassion, salesmanship, knowledge and quality!

Alex!
    I am pleased to know that you are enjoying your spa and had a great experience with the Caldera Spa dealer, especially Carol.
    Having support like that makes for many years of Happy Hot Tubbing!
    Thank you for a fantastic review.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Decided to purchase a tub new rather than online and made several stops at the local dealers. After doing our research we chose to go with Caldera due to their experience in the industry and the elegant modern look of their tubs. We are now avid users of our hot tub and have never had an issue. Would highly recommend their tubs to anybody in the market.

Caldera Spas response
      Welcome to the Caldera Spa Family, Thomas. Love hearing how happy you are with your new spa and privileged to be a part of your relaxing hot tub experience.
      Happy Hot Tubbing!

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

We purchased in October 2015 and no matter how many times we change the water, flush the pipes with cleaner the grease will not go away. We get out of the tub and have a thick sticky, oily sheen on our body. Now we cannot use it at all. Four years later and we keep trying and cleaning the tub, the pipes the filter... Filtration system is inadequate and should be able to cycle all day if needed, but doesn't. I don't recommend Caldera. $10K down the drain plus all the chemicals used trying to fix the problem...

Caldera Spas response
      Oh no! Caroline I am sorry that this has been your experience and that it's been going on for so long. I would like to help resolve this issue so you can confidently use your spa.
      I will DM you for more information about your purchase.
      Thank you for your post and time.
      I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

When I initially purchased my Kauai tub they had to deliver and install three separate units until they finally found one that worked. Even that one has a problem that they couldn't fix and I've been stuck with it ever since... Every time I change water I'm forced to open the panel up and release air from the main hose in order to allow the jets to work.

Other than that 'inconvenience' the tub functions OK and, until now, I have had no further problems. Recently the tub controls locked up and I couldn't turn it off; flipping the breaker OFF then ON didn't work either. I called the store and asked for guidance and was told they needed to send a tech out to investigate/fix it. The Tech arrived about 10 days later, spent 10 minutes here and charged $176. The solution to my problem: hold certain buttons down for 3 SECONDS! ...a simple fix that could easily have been conveyed to me over the phone when I reported the problem. Disappointed.

Bill,

I am sorry to hear that your spa experience has not been a pleasant one. It sounds like your spa topside was locked. Customer Service is available to help walk our customers through service calls like that. If we are not able to assist we will direct you to your local dealer. The issues that you are concerned about are listed in the owner's manual to help the spa owner with spa operation. I hope that helps.

Vanessa - Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caldera Spas?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I purchased a Hot Tub in 2016 from The Pool Guys in Kalamazoo Michigan. I know this is not Caldera please continue reading. The spa was a lemon. The second month the pump went out the fourth the speakers went out. These problems continued for the entirety of the warranty. Caldera extended the warranty because they did not want to replace the Tub. I was very adamant that the tub should be replaced. Susan at The Pool Guys said that they could not because Caldera would not let them. March of 2019 I received a promotion with my job and moved to Chicago. When we moved to Chicago the same problems continued. The office manager David ** took over our case and assigned us to a local dealer in Chicago. The companies name is Turbo Tubs in Naperville IL. The owner's name is Jay.

They came out to work on the Spa and he said that the motors were cheap and the circuit board was bad. He replaced the parts and now the Spa is working minus the speakers. They replaced the Circuit board with a older model. I asked Jay to come back out to replace the circuit board so that we can have our music with our spa he said he's not coming out anymore to my home for free, though we were paying trips charges.

David ** was a manager at Caldera Spa's which I started working with him July 16, 2019. He told me that he would stand by the product but he will make sure that Turbo Tubs finished out the problems with the Tub. He also said that he would pay the two $80 trip charges that Turbo Tubs charged us. Just recently David ** passed away. On the 23rd of September Lisa a rep at Caldera said that she seen in the notes that David ** said he would take care of the trip charges. I called yesterday to collect the charges from Turbo Tubs and he said that I would be getting them directly from Caldera. I told him that I would reach out but David ** said that he would be refunding me directly. Maryann from Caldera and Jay from Turbo Tubs talked and since David has passed away they said they can't now find the records. Just two days before they both acknowledge that they had it noted in the records.

My hot tub is still broken with no speakers but the pumps are working. I am a family that has four kids. My oldest is 17, my middle is 15. then we have twins are 10. We are a modern family. I can't make this kind of stuff up. The reason that I am following up is because an employee passed away and his co-workers are not living what he seemed to stand for.

Please help me get to the President and CEO. I am not looking for money I just want to make sure that Maryann and Jay understand that this is horrible business. Onward!!!! Documents: 1.800.669.1881 EXT **. Caldera Spas Manger: David **. Case Worker: Maryann. Turbo Tub Naperville IL: Jay Owner. The Pool Guys Kalamazoo Michigan: Susan. Serial Number: **. Year: 2015 End 2016 Model.

Caldera Spas response
      I am sorry that this is how you feel. We did extend your warranty as a goodwill gesture since you had some manageable repairs. There was no need to replace the spa. In your last call, we extended additional service, David took care of the travel fee and parts. Even though some of these issues are preventable with regular care. We communicated that you are now well out of warranty and we will no longer extend parts and fees. Jay is a great tech and will take good care of you.

Vanessa - CS

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have had nothing but problems with my 2017 Tahitian Spa from Caldera. Got the past issues resolved and now I left town for a few days only to come home to an empty spa and water all over my patio. I called the new local dealer who was supposed to call me back. It's been three days and nothing. I posted on Facebook and a CSR responded and said she wanted to help....still nothing since. Same issue I had before when I had problems. Horrible Company to deal with. Quick to take your money and supply a crappy product...No response when there is a problem. They got my money and don't seem to care about me now.

Caldera Spas response
      Thank you for your post. I see that we have worked together before. I am sorry that your spa is now leaking, that is not ok. I have been in touch with the dealer and they are making arrangments to make the more than 2 hr trip to your home, for service. It is not fun coming home to a drained spa and I understand your frustration. Thank you for allowing us to take the time needed to coordinate service. I am sure your spa will be back in working order shortly.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have had a terrible experience with my Caldera Spas and would never purchase one again. I own a 2017 Caldera Marino Hot tub. I am from Saskatchewan Canada and this winter my hot tub froze up. As we had a very cold winter each night, I would go out to make sure my hot tub was running. And the night I didn't, for some reason the breaker tripped and all my lines froze up in tub. I emailed Watkins and they told me they would forward my complaint and then never heard anything back. So this spring when everything thawed, started up my tub, and was very lucky nothing was damaged. It runs an hour, and blows main house breaker.

So had a techie come out, and replace circuit board, and top front. And when I had came home from work, I found my tub quit again and blew main breaker again. So contacted the business where I purchased tub. Haven't heard a word, and waiting now for my electrician to recheck wiring. All pumps and jets work, but when it's heating it blows main house breaker. What frustrates me more is, this tub is on warranty and why is it that the business seems to blame consumer that it was something you did wrong. It's close to 4 months now and my tub is still not running. I am very frustrated and just want a different tub.

Hello Shannon,
      I am sorry that this has been your spa experiences. Our spas are being used in many cold environments and I can understand your frustration with it freezing. I am glad to hear that survived the thaw. However, not sure what the current issue is but I would like to know more to see how I can help.
      I will send you a message for more info. Thank you for your post and I look forward in working with you soon.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Caldera Utopia Cantabria Hot Tub back in 2012. At first it was very enjoyable. About three years in we noticed small cracks around the top outside of the tub shell. They replaced the tub quickly and efficiently - no issues. Then tried to figure out why the cracks appeared and concluded (without any research, only conjecture) that the heat from the adjacent windows caused the cracks and they would not cover our tub if it occurred again; the cracks reappeared... It is kind of a visual deal - tub operates fine. Now, the tub stopped working and we cannot get a service technician to come work on it. The company's fix is to wait for 6-8 weeks (at least) for the closest center to send a technician out. The store has been fine to work with but the Watkins Manufacturing Corp. that makes and should service Caldera brand tubs has not been helpful in locating anybody who can service the tub. They do not care about customer service - only sales.

Caldera Spas response

Russ, I am sorry to hear that your spa is in need of service. I would like to know more to see how I might be able to help. I will DM you for your spa serial number. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to working with you soon. Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have had many issues with my Caldera Niagara. I wake up every day regretting my decision to purchase a Caldera. Do not purchase the Bluetooth music system. Every one of my original speakers have malfunctioned.

Caldera Spas response
      Hello Dennis, I am sorry your spa music system is not operating as it should. I know you are in contact with the Caldera Manager and together working on a solution. Thank you for your post. I am sure your spa will be in working order shortly.

Vanessa - Caldera Spa Customer Service