3.10/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

10 Caldera Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our fairly new spa has globules of oil on side and surfaces. When we went to the dealer they sold us expensive chemicals for a flush and told us to drain the spa. We are on our third flush and now the globules are more like melted PVC pipe, small white granules. This problem is not a cleaning issue. We've owned a spa for 25 years and never had a problem. This is an internal mechanism issue that the dealer will not admit.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had a Caldera Spa for the last three years and have a number of things go wrong with the tub. It has always presented a problem getting Caldera to handle the warranty claims and have used my hot tub repairman to facilitate these claims. Caldera changed their warranty provider approximately three (3) months ago and now the local vendor has not responded to my request for assistance over a month ago. The company doing warranty work locally here in SC is Pool Werxs, now called Barrier Reef Pools. I called them for assistance a month ago and I have yet to hear back from them. This is an unacceptable business practice for any business especially one responsible for warranty claims.

In addition, to the aforementioned problem with Caldera, I ordered parts from Caldera Spa Parts Plus on 5/11/18 and as of this writing I have yet to receive approximately 1/3 of my order. I called and spoke to a customer service representative Bernarndo who assured me a week ago he would ship the missing part of the order. Now after a week I still have not received the 1/3 of my order and now no one answers the phone or respond to my email. I have initiated a dispute of the credit payment and want the public to know that Caldera and its representatives are unresponsive and difficult to work with.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased my Caldera Spa at GORILLA OUTDOOR LIVING LIFESTYLES AND ACCESSORIES. DBA gorillaislands.com Corona Ca. The Niagara Model I purchased is perfect for my back pain and joints. Rhonda and Kevin Owners educated me and with great detail. Thank you Gorilla. My Caldera Spa is Awesome.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My first Caldera has within 1 year leaking issues, I call the dealer and they most call the importer (Belgium). But everything takes a long time, so I go to the dealer and told him sale me that Caldera (it was in the showroom) so I have quick another jacuzzi. I, most pay 2000 euros more for the new spa. It has a sound system so ok I pay and the problem was solved. But now 13 months further I have again leaking issues. 3 speakers are completely damage and leaking. Now they have closed the sound system, and my money the 2500 euro is disappeared. Nobody pats me back.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

It is high quality. I've never had problems. Certainly recommend it, served me, very helpful. I had tried many brands until a friend recommended it. Already had a positive impact.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caldera Spas?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Great hot tub. Works as advertised and we use it a lot. It's pretty energy efficient and works really well. My kids love it as do our friends. It's great for parties. Would recommend for anyone that can afford it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

The greatest invention for stress relief, or a spa after a great workout. Caldera Hot tubs provide a way to soak the tensions of the day away and relax your body like nothing else can.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I saw a bird once. The bird flew through the skies happy and carefree. When the bird finally landed to rest, a cat pounced and ate it. Being in this hot tub made me feel very much like that cat.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

We got this almost 2 years ago and has been nothing but a headache since. Doesn't hold its heat. Set temp and it's always 2-3 degrees cooler and when in hot tub doesn't hold its heat. We had a jet pump go out this last weekend and local dealer came out and fixed it. Now he don't have the pressure we use to with jets. We have fought with dealer for 2 years about the heat issue and he tells us it's fine then problem with jets and he says there is nothing wrong with them. We have contacted Caldera customer service with both issues and they tell us they can't help us. We will be getting rid of it and going with different brand.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Many issues with faulty jets. Spa was replaced once and the replacement spa had the same issues. The replacement spa basically had no warranty because the company would only honor the warranty from the original purchase date, not the date the spa was installed. The lighting has failed and now has plumbing leak making the spa unusable. I will note that when it was working properly we thoroughly enjoyed it and used it nearly every night. I do plan to have the spa repaired however I'm not sure if I would ever purchase another. I spent way too much money on the purchase considering it didn't outlast the warranty. Couldn't even use the spa to relieve the stress of dealing with repair issues.

Not sure about Caldera Spas?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Hot Tubs for you.

Caldera Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Caldera Spas, part of Watkins Manufacturing, an industry-leading producer of premium spas, is a member of the Masco family of home products.

• First-hand reviews: Caldera offers lots of first-hand information from actual customers, including plentiful reviews, videos and ratings.

• Trade in value: Fill out the form on the Caldera website to find out how much an older hot tub is worth. The trade-in is used toward the cost of a new Caldera hot tub.

• 20-minute renewal: The Caldera blog provides timely advice on everything from hot tub tips to healthy living and relaxation advice.

• Caldera diagnostic resource: Caldera hot tub retailers have access to cutting-edge software that's used to diagnose and solve hot tub problems.

• Green focus: Caldera pays attention to its environmental impact, from the manufacturing process to the corporate work environment. The website offers consumers many tips for enhancing the earth-friendliness of their units.

• Best for: Consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Caldera Spas Company Information

1976
www.calderaspas.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business