Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.84/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Caldera Spas Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

When I initially purchased my Kauai tub they had to deliver and install three separate units until they finally found one that worked. Even that one has a problem that they couldn't fix and I've been stuck with it ever since... Every time I change water I'm forced to open the panel up and release air from the main hose in order to allow the jets to work.

Other than that 'inconvenience' the tub functions OK and, until now, I have had no further problems. Recently the tub controls locked up and I couldn't turn it off; flipping the breaker OFF then ON didn't work either. I called the store and asked for guidance and was told they needed to send a tech out to investigate/fix it. The Tech arrived about 10 days later, spent 10 minutes here and charged $176. The solution to my problem: hold certain buttons down for 3 SECONDS! ...a simple fix that could easily have been conveyed to me over the phone when I reported the problem. Disappointed.

Bill,

I am sorry to hear that your spa experience has not been a pleasant one. It sounds like your spa topside was locked. Customer Service is available to help walk our customers through service calls like that. If we are not able to assist we will direct you to your local dealer. The issues that you are concerned about are listed in the owner's manual to help the spa owner with spa operation. I hope that helps.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I purchased a Hot Tub in 2016 from The Pool Guys in Kalamazoo Michigan. I know this is not Caldera please continue reading. The spa was a lemon. The second month the pump went out the fourth the speakers went out. These problems continued for the entirety of the warranty. Caldera extended the warranty because they did not want to replace the Tub. I was very adamant that the tub should be replaced. Susan at The Pool Guys said that they could not because Caldera would not let them. March of 2019 I received a promotion with my job and moved to Chicago. When we moved to Chicago the same problems continued. The office manager David ** took over our case and assigned us to a local dealer in Chicago. The companies name is Turbo Tubs in Naperville IL. The owner's name is Jay.

They came out to work on the Spa and he said that the motors were cheap and the circuit board was bad. He replaced the parts and now the Spa is working minus the speakers. They replaced the Circuit board with a older model. I asked Jay to come back out to replace the circuit board so that we can have our music with our spa he said he's not coming out anymore to my home for free, though we were paying trips charges.

David ** was a manager at Caldera Spa's which I started working with him July 16, 2019. He told me that he would stand by the product but he will make sure that Turbo Tubs finished out the problems with the Tub. He also said that he would pay the two $80 trip charges that Turbo Tubs charged us. Just recently David ** passed away. On the 23rd of September Lisa a rep at Caldera said that she seen in the notes that David ** said he would take care of the trip charges. I called yesterday to collect the charges from Turbo Tubs and he said that I would be getting them directly from Caldera. I told him that I would reach out but David ** said that he would be refunding me directly. Maryann from Caldera and Jay from Turbo Tubs talked and since David has passed away they said they can't now find the records. Just two days before they both acknowledge that they had it noted in the records.

My hot tub is still broken with no speakers but the pumps are working. I am a family that has four kids. My oldest is 17, my middle is 15. then we have twins are 10. We are a modern family. I can't make this kind of stuff up. The reason that I am following up is because an employee passed away and his co-workers are not living what he seemed to stand for.

Please help me get to the President and CEO. I am not looking for money I just want to make sure that Maryann and Jay understand that this is horrible business. Onward!!!! Documents: 1.800.669.1881 EXT **. Caldera Spas Manger: David **. Case Worker: Maryann. Turbo Tub Naperville IL: Jay Owner. The Pool Guys Kalamazoo Michigan: Susan. Serial Number: **. Year: 2015 End 2016 Model.

Caldera Spas response
I am sorry that this is how you feel. We did extend your warranty as a goodwill gesture since you had some manageable repairs. There was no need to replace the spa. In your last call, we extended additional service, David took care of the travel fee and parts. Even though some of these issues are preventable with regular care. We communicated that you are now well out of warranty and we will no longer extend parts and fees. Jay is a great tech and will take good care of you.

Vanessa - CS

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have had nothing but problems with my 2017 Tahitian Spa from Caldera. Got the past issues resolved and now I left town for a few days only to come home to an empty spa and water all over my patio. I called the new local dealer who was supposed to call me back. It's been three days and nothing. I posted on Facebook and a CSR responded and said she wanted to help....still nothing since. Same issue I had before when I had problems. Horrible Company to deal with. Quick to take your money and supply a crappy product...No response when there is a problem. They got my money and don't seem to care about me now.

Caldera Spas response
Thank you for your post. I see that we have worked together before. I am sorry that your spa is now leaking, that is not ok. I have been in touch with the dealer and they are making arrangments to make the more than 2 hr trip to your home, for service. It is not fun coming home to a drained spa and I understand your frustration. Thank you for allowing us to take the time needed to coordinate service. I am sure your spa will be back in working order shortly.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have had a terrible experience with my Caldera Spas and would never purchase one again. I own a 2017 Caldera Marino Hot tub. I am from Saskatchewan Canada and this winter my hot tub froze up. As we had a very cold winter each night, I would go out to make sure my hot tub was running. And the night I didn't, for some reason the breaker tripped and all my lines froze up in tub. I emailed Watkins and they told me they would forward my complaint and then never heard anything back. So this spring when everything thawed, started up my tub, and was very lucky nothing was damaged. It runs an hour, and blows main house breaker.

So had a techie come out, and replace circuit board, and top front. And when I had came home from work, I found my tub quit again and blew main breaker again. So contacted the business where I purchased tub. Haven't heard a word, and waiting now for my electrician to recheck wiring. All pumps and jets work, but when it's heating it blows main house breaker. What frustrates me more is, this tub is on warranty and why is it that the business seems to blame consumer that it was something you did wrong. It's close to 4 months now and my tub is still not running. I am very frustrated and just want a different tub.

Hello Shannon,
I am sorry that this has been your spa experiences. Our spas are being used in many cold environments and I can understand your frustration with it freezing. I am glad to hear that survived the thaw. However, not sure what the current issue is but I would like to know more to see how I can help.
I will send you a message for more info. Thank you for your post and I look forward in working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: April 26, 2019

To start, we had an amazing experience with Caldera and especially Carol, Read on to see why we will always come back for all our hot tub/spa needs. Especially with today culture, it seems everywhere you go it’s about how much somebody can sell you, a lack of knowledge and truly providing an uplifting experience. To be fair, when we walked in we had already done our research and were pretty clear on what we wanted for our family. Carol met us with such a warm personality, uplifting and truly cared if we were having a wonderful day. Expecting the normal sales approach, we explained what we were looking for, and she had no issues finding what we wanted on our terms.

The reason we chose Caldera Spas was because of the longevity, reputation and quality. Carol knew every hot tub inside and out, Caldera or otherwise, she knew the warranty and even with an obscure electrical connection issue, she found the answer which was a change in the latest version and was not documented, but she did not only just find the answer, I can’t stress enough how much she CARED about finding, learning and knowing the answer for future questions. We had checked with a few other places before, only to be met by pushy, stubborn individuals that didn’t even know their own product, Carol and from what we can tell everybody at Caldera are on their A game.

As far as the ordering experience, the spa that we chose was ready before we were and they were able to hold it for a couple weeks while we prepare, the instructions for care are much easier to read and perform than some other spas, the heater/jet combination was exactly what we wanted. Even though we chose a model that was 240v, it comes built in with options for 30 and 50 amp service so it fit our existing house electricals which has Solar, electric stove and Forced air and they have one of the largest selections of 120v spas. I really can’t say enough good about our experience and I sincerely appreciate the amazing compassion, salesmanship, knowledge and quality!

Alex!
I am pleased to know that you are enjoying your spa and had a great experience with the Caldera Spa dealer, especially Carol.
Having support like that makes for many years of Happy Hot Tubbing!
Thank you for a fantastic review.

Vanessa - Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caldera Spas?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Decided to purchase a tub new rather than online and made several stops at the local dealers. After doing our research we chose to go with Caldera due to their experience in the industry and the elegant modern look of their tubs. We are now avid users of our hot tub and have never had an issue. Would highly recommend their tubs to anybody in the market.

Caldera Spas response
Welcome to the Caldera Spa Family, Thomas. Love hearing how happy you are with your new spa and privileged to be a part of your relaxing hot tub experience.
Happy Hot Tubbing!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Caldera Utopia Cantabria Hot Tub back in 2012. At first it was very enjoyable. About three years in we noticed small cracks around the top outside of the tub shell. They replaced the tub quickly and efficiently - no issues. Then tried to figure out why the cracks appeared and concluded (without any research, only conjecture) that the heat from the adjacent windows caused the cracks and they would not cover our tub if it occurred again; the cracks reappeared... It is kind of a visual deal - tub operates fine. Now, the tub stopped working and we cannot get a service technician to come work on it. The company's fix is to wait for 6-8 weeks (at least) for the closest center to send a technician out. The store has been fine to work with but the Watkins Manufacturing Corp. that makes and should service Caldera brand tubs has not been helpful in locating anybody who can service the tub. They do not care about customer service - only sales.

Caldera Spas response

Russ, I am sorry to hear that your spa is in need of service. I would like to know more to see how I might be able to help. I will DM you for your spa serial number. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to working with you soon. Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have had many issues with my Caldera Niagara. I wake up every day regretting my decision to purchase a Caldera. Do not purchase the Bluetooth music system. Every one of my original speakers have malfunctioned.

Caldera Spas response
Hello Dennis, I am sorry your spa music system is not operating as it should. I know you are in contact with the Caldera Manager and together working on a solution. Thank you for your post. I am sure your spa will be in working order shortly.

Vanessa - Caldera Spa Customer Service

Resolution response: April 13, 2019

The issues were corrected and everything is working as it should be.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I've used my Kauai Spa - Paradise Series 4 times. It makes a noise akin to a jet taking off from the runway. It is by no means a relaxing experience because of the overwhelming noise. We contacted the local dealer and they sent an employee out to check it out. They'd had me turn off the unit at the breaker box because they were concerned it might be the pump, However, when the employee arrived it did not make the sound when I turned it on. It was freezing so we didn't do anything else. Back booming within an hour. He came out another time and heard the sound and it stopped immediately when the front panel was removed. I was told it was a vibration that he could easily fix it Monday. Well, it is Friday, the spa is still not fixed. Just about ready for them to pick it up and refund my money and I will buy elsewhere.

Caldera Spas response

Shelly, I am sorry that you are not having an enjoyable spa experience. Can you tell me if the dealer ever made it back out to your spa and fixed the noise issue? If you need further assistance please contact us. Thank you for your post. Vanessa - Caldera Spa Customer Service

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our fairly new spa has globules of oil on side and surfaces. When we went to the dealer they sold us expensive chemicals for a flush and told us to drain the spa. We are on our third flush and now the globules are more like melted PVC pipe, small white granules. This problem is not a cleaning issue. We've owned a spa for 25 years and never had a problem. This is an internal mechanism issue that the dealer will not admit.

Caldera Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company, part of Watkins Manufacturing, an industry-leading producer of premium spas, is a member of the Masco family of home products.

• First-hand reviews: Caldera offers lots of first-hand information from actual customers, including plentiful reviews, videos and ratings.

• Trade in value: Fill out the form on the Caldera website to find out how much an older hot tub is worth. The trade-in is used toward the cost of a new Caldera hot tub.

• 20-minute renewal: The Caldera blog provides timely advice on everything from hot tub tips to healthy living and relaxation advice.

• Caldera diagnostic resource: Caldera hot tub retailers have access to cutting-edge software that's used to diagnose and solve hot tub problems.

• Green focus: Caldera pays attention to its environmental impact, from the manufacturing process to the corporate work environment. The website offers consumers many tips for enhancing the earth-friendliness of their units.

• Best for: Consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Caldera Spas Company Information