2.5/5 (118 ratings)

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

About Hot Spring Spas

Hot Spring spas and hot tubs have been manufactured in Vista, California, by Watkins Wellness since 1977. Hot Spring’s portable saltwater hot tubs include soothing massage features and a variety of jet options. The company also offers saltwater systems and energy-efficient models. Find accessories, including replacement covers, cover lifters and furniture, on its website.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Customizable features
    • Energy-efficient models
    • Range of price tiers

Cons

• Limited warranty
    • Sold only through local dealers

Bottom Line

Customers enjoy Hot Spring Spas’ patented technology features, such as Tri-X filters, and its three different water care systems that ensure freshness. All models are customizable.

Hot Spring Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hot Spring Spas?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hot Spring Spas?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

We purchased our Envoy at cost of £14,000 and had delivered in Sept 2020. It has sadly been one big disappointment. We were sold the idea of the freshwater salt system as good for your skin and easy to maintain. What a joke that has been, we have spent more time trying to sort out and monitor the water quality and cleaning filters than using the tub! The salt system simply does not work, it does not generate the chlorine required to maintain levels, so every few days when the reading drops to 1 -2 we have to add chlorine granules. I specifically chose a spa where we wouldn't have to do this as it irritates my skin and this has now set off my eczema requiring steroid cream from the doctor.

We are experienced hot tub owners having run 2 hots tubs previously for 12-14 years without any issues whatsoever. All along we have been blamed for 'contaminating the water' and causing the water balance issues even when it was green! I am sick of being told 'some people just don't get on with it' implying that we have chosen not to like it or make the effort in maintenance. We have spent more time on this than any other hot tub which has detracted significantly from it being a pleasure to own, we seem to have bought a lemon!

The set up was not done properly and we did not receive the required instructions. Eventually they have replaced the salt controller but it has made absolutely no difference whatsoever, the chlorine levels drop every 2-3 days consistently even though it doesn't have heavy use and we regularly clean the filters. Now we are being told it may be a phosphate problem. 2 months in it is clearly not as described and the salt system does not work. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Appalling product for a high cost.

Hello Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear it has been disappointing. I want to help. Can you tell me who your dealer is and your full name?

I know this has been frustrating, and as a veteran spa owner, water care should not be this difficult.

I am sure this can be worked out, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

My husband and I are both disabled Veterans and this hot tub is great therapy for us. We bought this almost 5 years ago. We have had nothing but problems since we bought it. All of our repairs have been under warranty thus far: 2 door replacements, 2 remote replacements, heater replacement, ozone thing replacement, light seal replacement. I called in for service in September and was told the guy would be out in two weeks. Three weeks later I called back in and they said it was going to be another 4 weeks. There is only one authorized dealer within 100 miles of us and they SUCK. They only came out fast because I called Hot Springs directly and complained. They replaced a part and had to order parts so they can replace the docking station and the remote AGAIN.

Since they came out, we are now leaking and now we have a jet leaking which they say they have to completely remove the tub, haul it to their shop (at our expense mind you) so they can work on it. They said we "might" get it back by January. This is completely ridiculous. I can't believe that we purchased this for the price of a car and have this many problems.

Hot Spring Spas response
    I am sorry to hear that your spa is again in need of service. I see that our team has reached out to you to learn more about your spa and see how we can help. Your spa operation and enjoyment are important to us.
    I will email you as well. I look forward to working with you soon.
    Thank you for your post.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased a hot tub 4 years ago. This year at the beginning of Spring we noticed it was leaking. The same part keeps getting replaced and keeps leaking after months of waiting for someone to come to look at it in between. The last time someone came I was told they were going to replace all the parts in it and we waited for two months for the parts. He came today and replaced the same fitting he has been replacing. He was supposed to replace the hot tub cover that I paid for too but said he brought the wrong one. What do I have to to do to get this fixed. This is totally ridiculous!

Hello Janis,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your spa experience. I want to help. I will DM you to see how I can assist. Owning a hot tub should be enjoyable and relaxing. I will do my best to make that happen.
    I look forward to working with you.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Pitiful... Read the other 1-star reviews and mine is nearly identical. The salt system doesn't work worth a nickel. The customer service at Watkins Wellness, the manufacturer, is non-existent. Just plain awful. Never again am I going to buy anything made by Watkins! Pitiful!

Hello Nelson,

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your spa salt system. I understand that this has been your experience, and I would like to work with you and get your spa water care on track.
    Thank you for your time and for reaching out.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The seating is very comfortable. The jets go the entire length of your back. One set of jets massages your back. The light can change colors. The controls are easy to use. I got the easy cover that is on a frame and lifts to one end.

Hello Gayle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your spa experience. The exclusive Hot Spring Spa Moto-Massage is like no other, and the lights add to the relaxing ambiance. I am glad to know you are enjoying your spa.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Our first Hot Spring spa we bought 21 or so years ago was great. It was the big one that was the shape of a dog bowl. We moved after having that tub about 15-16 years. We did have to replace parts here and there (heater, etc), but things I would expect to have to replace over time. After we moved it was a no brainer to spend the extra money to get another Hot Spring (smaller one). Things were fine the first few years then lots of little things started failing. At year 6 it started leaking. We've been getting by by topping off every few days but now it's pointless. We were told it's expensive and difficult to repair leaks that are inside the insulation. 6.5 years for an expensive hot tub like this is extremely disappointing. Will look for a replacement but sadly won't be looking at Hot Springs. What happened to your quality. Major failure of "infrastructure" at 6.5 years?

Hot Spring Spas response
    Barry, I am sorry your second spa did not fare as well as your first. I appreciate your feedback, and I will make sure to share it with our team. Please know after 6+ years, we have made innovative changes and updates to our spas. We are continuously working to provide a wonderful hot tub experience. I hope you find your perfect spa and thank you for being a long time Hot Spring Spa owner.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Hot tub began leaking 1 month after their five year “no leaks” warranty expired. Hot Spring said, "Too bad, warranty had expired." You would think a product this expensive would not leak after just five years. Very poor customer service. Will not buy nor recommend Hot Spring hot tubs.

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2020

Hot Spring converted our hot tub to remove the ACE system of maintaining it by adding an in-line "ozinator", and bypassing the ACE system. No more salt water. Although we will miss the ACE feature, we're happy to have a reliable system of maintenance so we can enjoy the hot tub. To Hot Spring's credit, they covered the expense of modifying our hot tub. Our thanks to Family Time Spas - the local Hot Spring dealer - and The Spa Doctor, who, together, resolved the issues. They are to be commended for their excellent customer support!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

We purchased a new top of the line Hot Spring Envoy NXT tub in October 2018. We've had nothing but problems with it since it was installed. We opted for the ACE salt water system - and it has been trouble ever since. The original dealer put WAY too much salt in the tub initially, causing it to corrode the jets, and in my opinion - most likely destroy the ACE salt water system cell and damage the shell of the tub. We smelled like we had just taken a chlorine bath every time we used it for the first 6 months. About that time, the dealership we purchased it from went out of business, and a different company took over - thank goodness! The new dealership - Family Time Spa - is amazing! Great service! We wish the quality of the Hot Spring Ace system matched their performance!

To Hot Spring's credit, they provided a free replacement ACE cell and replacement jets. That worked for a few months. Then, the system would not keep the chlorine level at the required point, despite every attempt by service technicians to correct the problem. Apparently we got the "last" ACE system model before Hot Spring developed a new and improved version. We've even had a technician from Telluride - home of movie stars and high rollers - try to solve the problem. He said that he "hates" the ACE system, resulting from his numerous experiences with them.

So, here we are, unable to effectively use the ACE system to maintain sanitation levels in our very expensive, BMW designed, Hot Spring Envoy NXT hot tub. The recommendation from consultation with Hot Spring and technicians is to convert to the standard chemical approach to keeping our pricey tub at the optimum levels to ensure sanitation. That's amazingly disappointing, after being convinced by Hot Spring that the ACE system was the latest, greatest and most effective approach to hot tub sanitation. If we had to do it over, we would look elsewhere for a hot tub. We previously had a Dimension One top of the line tub, and enjoyed it for over 10 years without a problem. This has been a very frustrating, irritating experience... and costly too.

Hello Joe,
    Your home is gorgeous. Thank you for taking the time to share your spa experience. I am sorry water care has been frustrating; that shouldn't be the case. Our salt system has been in use for over ten years, and in 2019 we redesigned the cartridge port and cartridge; however, the technology is the same. I want to help. Please look for a DM from me.

Vanessa - Customer Sercice

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I purchased a hot springs flair with the ace salt water system in November of 2018. After spending weeks trying to tweak the salt water system we finally got it working. It lasted about 8 months. It took two service calls but they finally replaced the cell under warranty. The service tech informed me that the cells only lasts about a year and at $850 each, it would have been nice to know that before buying the system. Fast forward to August 2020 and here we go again. The lights are blinking and when I test the water it resets for a day and starts blinking again. I have to say when this system works, it works really well but I think the cost of replacing the cell is outrageous and it should last more than a year.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Bob, thank you for your review. The life of the ACE cell depends on other factors like usage and water care. I want to help get your spa water back on track. The salt system is excellent, and I'd like for you to get the most from it. I will DM you for additional support.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Let me start by saying we did enjoy our Hot Springs Prodigy hot tub for the first 10 years of ownership starting in 2006. Sitting outside under the stars on a clear night while in the hot tub was just wonderful. We started to use the hot tub more often including in the early evenings after we got home from work or on weekends during the day.

Just a few months into owning the hot tub, we started seeing pieces of what looked like chewed up styrofoam on the ground near the hot tub component access panel. We removed the panel and found mouse droppings, a huge mouse nest with a pile of stored acorns, and a snake skin. We had not removed the component covering previously so clearly it was done haphazardly from installation. Additionally, there were unused holes cut into a metal mesh piece that should have been closed up upon installation. Easy mouse and snake access. Initially, we had problems with the hot tub's control panels. The main control panel was repaired once under warranty but the second one just completely stopped working.

Then the pump and pipe assembly started to leak and of course the hot tub was completely out of warranty by then. This hot tub is NOT easily repaired and the tech had to cut through a permanent plastic covering to get to the broken component and leak area. He did a terrible job "gluing" the plastic covering pieces back together. A week later, we found that the same area was still leaking. It took an exceedingly long amount of time for the followup repair as our "parts" came in but the revisit was never scheduled. I had to call and follow up several times to get that resolved. It was over $500 for the botched visit and then another couple hundred dollars for the followup visit when other parts were needed and should have been diagnosed initially.

The hot tub also began to turn itself on periodically. The cover was on the hot tub so we would not have noticed easily that it had turned on by itself. That electrical component problem was resolved for another several hundred dollars as the hot tub was out of warranty. Then, in 2018, a nearby lightning strike rendered the hot tub's motherboard inoperable. The heater hadn't been working properly and the hot tub's insulated innards had become a popular haven for mice and snakes. We have now discovered that mouse tunnels run through the insulation all around the hot tub. It is pretty disgusting to be honest.

After a long discussion and looking at options including checking out SpaGuts' site for replacement components, we decided to remove the defunct hot tub and not get a replacement or get it fixed. We paid hundreds of dollars for repairs past the warranty date with difficulty getting the repairs scheduled. Initial installation was almost $10K for the hot tub, power source installation, and concrete pad construction. It is also physically falling apart. I'm surprised the whole hot tub had not collapsed on itself by now.

Based on the exterior construction (now being disassembled for removal) of this Hot Springs Spa hot tub, I am really not sure that any of these devices should be outdoors. I would love to be able to attach photos. The base of the hot tub is WOODEN and not a metal frame as I'd expect. I was completely shocked to find this out. The thin wood trim underneath the hot tub overhang started to rot and provided other entrances for mice and snakes. Hot Springs doesn't need to respond to this review as there's nothing to resolve at this point. We did enjoy the spa, just wish it lasted longer, was better constructed for outdoor use, and a botched repair didn't allow Mouse and Snake City to take place.

Hot Spring Spas response
    I am sorry the last 2 yrs ended the way it did.
    Hot Spring has evolved & made advancements since you purchased your spa. You bring up a good point about pest control. No matter how much one guard against pests, there are still some proactive steps required to keep them out. They can be persistent; some will use an exterminator for their spa and home.
    I'm sorry, this channel limits my reply& I'm not able to address all of your concerns. Cust Serv. is here to help, 800-999-4688 x8432

Vanessa

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I urge everybody not to buy a Hot Spring spa. Very difficult experience. Firstly the spa was wired up incorrectly by the delivering technician. Had to incur private electrician’s costs to come out and fix. No response from the company. Secondly, after-sale advice was all wrong - bad advice led to a case of folliculitis across our family of 6. FWSS doesn’t work. Company keeps saying it must be us - over contaminating the spa. Cannot be when we hardly use it, so high is our dissatisfaction. Have wasted too much money on products. Have had to drain down 3 times. Again at our own cost and at the cost of purchasing expensive ‘salt’ product. Have complained to the company. They took over a month to respond to us. Literally one of the worst companies I have had to interact with - and after having paid £15,000 for the pleasure. Strong recommendation to anybody reading this to avoid this company and buy from their competitors.

Original review: June 23, 2020

We purchased a 2018 Hot Spring Limelight Flair hot tub in March or 2018. We had it installed with the Ace salt water system. Within the eight months we noticed our concrete looked wet along the bottom outside. A repair person came out and said it was the heater and had to be replaced. We paid to have it serviced twice a year, when we purchased it we were told the salt filter should last about two years but within the first nine month the monitoring light kept going off, we’d reset and within a day or two it would show trouble again even though testing showed filter was good.

Our dealer sent service men out about five times and couldn’t figure it out but did tell us that the Ace Salt water system was having a lot of issues and the model was changed within four months after we purchased it. I’m sure it was changed because they were receiving so many complaints and the filter to replace it to make it work correctly is 900.00 and will only last about 12/18 months when you pay 10,000.00 for a spa you don’t expect to pay 900.00 every other year. We personally have a friend who bought the exact same spa from another dealer in another state and have had exactly the same issues. Today we had it drained cleaned and filled by our dealer and noticed little dots embedded in the surface of the spa itself and fading. It is covered 24/7 and only used by my husband and I on average once a month. This spa has been a huge disappointment and we feel we wasted a lot of money, never again will we buy from Hot Spring.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Thank you for taking the time to post and share pictures. This site limits my reply, and there is a lot to untangle here. I will DM you and see what we can do to help. The ACE salt system is still being used. We have not changed the technology. In 2019 we did update the spa shells to allow the salt cell to have its port. There could be several reasons that your cell did not last 2 yrs. That is one of the things I would like to explore with you. Talk to you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: June 18, 2020

I purchased my hot tub in the summer of 2012. Overall, we have enjoyed the tub very much. This year the display on the control panel failed. The control panel buttons work fine; the 2x3 inch screen just no longer displays the menu/prompts/temperature, etc. Upon investigating replacing the control panel ($400), I learned I also had to replace the control box (for an additional $700) due to a manufacturer design change that happened months after I purchase the tub. My current control box works perfectly fine, but is incompatible with the "new" control panel. Neither the retailer (Spring Dance Hot Tubs) nor the manufacturer (Watkins) is willing to give me any material price break on the replacement parts, despite being a long time loyal customer. Being asked to spend over $1200 to repair a 2x3 display screen is absurd.

Hot Spring Spas response

Thank you for your post. I am sorry that your spa requires service. As it turns out, the design change was because the manufacture of that controller decided to stop making them. Since we are committed to providing parts for at least 20 yrs of the spas life, we had to come up with something different. Unfortunately, that required new software and control board update. Because we know this can be a hardship to have to buy both, we do honor a discount. I will DM you for more info. Vanessa- CS

Original review: June 12, 2020

I own a Hot Springs Vanguard, it was purchased new in October 2017. Good spa, when it works. In March 2019 it broke down. The equipment was 17 months old. The temperature was below freezing, and the distributor in my area could not get a service technician to our house for two weeks. There was no option but but to drain the hot tub in the freezing cold, and do my best to winterize it, with no assistance or advice from the distributor other than the warranty was void if anything froze.

The same scenario repeated itself in October 2019. It is still broken down. Watkins is the manufacturer. Neither the manufacturer nor the Hot Springs Spa brand distributor will help or assist spa owners with control board level diagnostic information, or technical assistance to repair the equipment. Beware! If you purchase a Hot Spring Spa, do your research on reliability and test your local distributor for response time on service calls. Especially if you live in a cold climate.

Chris,
    I am sorry that your spa is currently not working. I understand what you are saying about needing service when the weather is cold. What I can do is get you in touch with one of our techs who can help direct you on what needs to happen to repair your spa.
    Thank you for your number. He will call you today.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: May 29, 2020

Our first Hot Springs spa was purchased 30 years ago for therapeutic purposes and was truly wonderful. Daina was the dedicated HSS rep and responded in a heartbeat to any problem and there were few of those. That original spa is still going although it does now leak. We moved house and I went to a Pool and Spa Expo in Melbourne Australia to shop for a new HSS, bypassing local manufacturers on the basis of the great HSS previous experience.

I purchased the Sovereign there on 19th August, 2018 from Spa World for $18,000 with an 8 week wait for delivery which turned out to be closer to 18 weeks. When delivered, I decided the spot chosen was not satisfactory. Deck modifications and spa relocation cost more time and money. I have used the spa twice and the massage jets are much weaker than our original spa and there is nothing remotely therapeutic about it. Not in love with this product. Feels like an expensive mistake.

On returning home after a European holiday and hospital stint following emergency surgery, the water level in the spa had gone down appreciably. Sure, it had had no attention for 8 weeks, but the original was subject to inattention for weeks without ill effect. I dread having problems with this thing because if purchasers are having troubles with service in the USA, imagine how difficult it would be in Australia. Spa World are difficult to contact and calls are handled by call centres - last time in New Zealand. Just wish I had discovered these reviews before purchasing.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a veteran Hot Spring Spa owner, you are familiar with our quality. Your new spa should provide you with decades of continued hot water therapy as your first one did. I will contact you directly to see what I can do to help. We genuinely care about all of our customers and take their feedback seriously.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: May 25, 2020

Best hot tub I’ve ever owned! It’s easy to maintain and has a great warranty. I got mine in Denver and the dealer is very easy to work with. I sit in my hot tub every night and haven’t had any problems at all. You’ll love the soft water!!!

Hello Johnny,
    Welcome to the Hot Spring Spa family.
    Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your new spa. The picture looks fantastic and inviting.

Vanessa - Customer Sevice

Original review: April 16, 2020

Bought new in 1987. Is still used 2-3 times weekly. Maybe ours is a freak, except for a part which is no longer made that we replaced this week, the unit continues to work flawlessly. I do want to know how to get a replacement heater in case ours goes out as it's no longer made.

Hello Dave

Thank you for your feedback. I love hearing from our customers who are still enjoying their spas from the 80s. That is fantastic! We take pride in what we do and feel privileged to provide a way to relax and rejuvenate at home. I will DM you the information that you are looking for.
    Happy Hot Tubbing

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: March 10, 2020

We have a Hot Springs spa purchase from Creative Energy in San Rafael, CA. It has been a good spa over the years but the power components failed around two years ago. We contacted Creative Energy to come take a look and were told it would require a minimum service fee which we agreed to pay. After the inspection, the technician informed us that some electronic components needed to be replaced. It was fairly expensive repair so we elected to just replace one set of components and only have the ability to turn the jets on and off from one station. The bill was $580 which we paid.

The exterior buttons stopped working again a about 4 months ago and Creative Energy refused to come look and potentially replace the Hot Springs parts or correct their workmanship without being paid a minimum service fee of $180 since the work/parts were not covered by warranty. I have asked for them to come review at no additional charge until it is determined what is wrong since I would expect them to cover the replacement parts if it is a failure of the new parts. I offerred that if it was their work or the Hot Springs parts, they would waive the fee and if it was something different, I would pay all fees. They refused without being paid the $180.

I contacted Hot Springs as Creative Energy is their dealer and told them what was happening. They initially seemed happy to help and it looked like they were going to stand behind their product. Since then it has been a series of phone tag with no resolution. I just reached the person that has been calling me back and leaving messages and his response is that there is nothing that Hot Springs can do to get their Dealer to stand behind the parts and workmanship. We will be replacing our Hot Springs Hot tub with another brand that will actually stand behind their product and representatives. Very dissatisfied with the customer service we received.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Looking into this I see that your spa is 17 yrs old. A control panel was replaced in 2018. Hot Spring provides a 1-yr parts warranty. You stated that service was needed 2 yrs later. Not knowing exactly what the issue is, the tech would need to be compensated for their labor. Common practice is to pay for the out of warranty service and if there was a failure to the part or poor workmanship the customer is refunded.

This website limits my public reply to you to 500 txt. I will DM you. Thanks, V

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I want to first say that I have been a Hot Springs owner for over 20 years, covering two tubs. We first purchased a Grandee in 2000 from Energy Savers (Meredith, NH). Simply said, the tub performed. In part because it was well-built, but also because we have always been meticulous about maintenance and monitoring. I regularly, perhaps obsessively, measure and treat the water. I also clean the filters 3-5X per year. At least yearly I completely empty the tub, clean all the components, then refill. Our Grandee was available in 17 of 18 Winters – the one year we didn’t have it was due to a heater that failed during a particularly brutal cold snap and we and our service provided decided it was better to empty the tub and address in the Spring.

In July 2018 we decided to upgrade and purchased the Envoy with all the bells & whistles – sound system, lights & cover cradle. While we loved the tub we experienced periodic shut-downs that were unexplainable. In November 2018 the audio system failed (after much troubleshooting, the power system to the amp was replaced in May 2019). In December, after a cold snap, the tub shutdown causing pipes to freeze which resulted in the tub draining. So our first winter with the new tub was a total loss.

After much discussion with Energy Savers we went into this Winter doubling down on our maintenance and monitoring. Yet in December the tub froze again. Energy Savers diagnosed that the heating pump failed, froze, and cracked leading to significant water loss. Among the explanations I was given: the filters are very susceptible to clogging, even when the tub isn’t used. While I want to complement Energy Savers on their responsiveness over the past year, it’s clear that there is an inherent quality and/or manufacturing issue with my tub. I am now faced with a significant bill to replace a heater that died in one year. Further, how much additional damage has been caused by pipes freezing twice? Will this tub even make it to a third Winter?

All I can say is that anyone considering a significant investment in a Hot Springs spa, be sure to do your homework here. And not simply on the tub, but also the warranty, which I’m told won’t cover a second occurrence because it already has paid out once (think about that logic – it broke once during warranty, so now that it has broke again under the same circumstance in less than a year, it won’t be covered again).

Hot Spring Spas response
    Thank you, Sean, for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that your spa has had freeze damage. I would like to know more about this issue to see how I can help. I appreciate that you are a longtime Hot Spring owner and want to make sure every option has been explored to repair your spa. While the warranty is very specific there are some Customer Service opportunities we might be able to take advantage of. Please look for a DM from me.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

My husband & I wanted a salt water tub for the health benefits, and after MUCH research, went with HotSprings due to the ACE saltwater system. In May, 2016, after visiting the closest dealer an hour away, we settled on the Jetsetter NXT and wrote the check in full. Delivery was promised in 2 days. A week later, to finally get confirmation of delivery, I had to threaten to cancel the check & file a complaint with the BBB. A month later, I was threatening criminal charges.

ACE salt system is a joke. Has never worked or functioned at all. Remote never registered the salt system for monitoring which didn't matter anyway, because it went out completely at the one year warranty mark (like pre-programmed clockwork), with a replacement cost of $700. After paying more than $10,000 for our tub, I refuse to pay for a new remote after one year! Purchased a new battery for the remote at just under $60, but remote is still completely dead. Dealer has been beyond unhelpful, and now, 4 years later, I can purchase the remote for $603, but why would I spend the money when it probably won't work or will completely die in a year anyway.

So terribly disappointed in HotSpring & will never recommend or consider their inferior products in the future. We bought this tub, brand new, spent a lot of money not only on it, but also on the modifications to our porch (reinforcements, electrical upgrade, etc.) only to have one-third of our beautiful porch turn into a big empty tub & eyesore which brings nothing but regret everyday. Shame on HotSpring & shame on your dealers who offer no customer service or support! One star is too good for you!

Hot Spring Spas response
    I am truly sorry that this has been your spa experiacne. A hot tub us suppose to be relaxing and it sounds like that has not been the case. I will send you a DM and see how I can help.
    Thank you for taking the time to post. I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

We bought our new Hot Spring spa in spring 2015 for $9,500 CAD. Everything was fine for 4 years. Then, in July 2019, it kept short circuiting. First we spent $200 CAD simply establishing that the external wiring was fine. Then we had to replace the pumps, because water had leaked in around the seals. That cost $900 CAD. Once that was done, we discovered that the exterior control panel had also been fried (because… it got wet!). It had to be specially ordered from Florida (we live in British Columbia). Once that arrived, we discovered that the internal electrical panel was also fried. That had to be ordered from Florida as well. The replacement panel that just arrived (January 2020) was defective: so now we have to wait for another one.

Extra fun note: the plastic dials and their internal parts wear down and break after prolonged exposure to chlorinated water. Really! Not planned for in the original design? We have now had a completely non-functioning hot tub for six months, including most of the weeks (winter) that we really want it. And we've been told to expect at least $3,000 CAD more in expenses before we're done. By the time this is resolved (IF we can resolve it), we expect to have paid at least half the original cost of the tub in parts and labour.

This hot tub, which has lasted a grand total of four years, replaced the old, non-Hot Spring tub that we inherited when we bought this place, which -- without any technical problems at all -- had lasted at least ELEVEN YEARS (not counting its life before we lived here)! We would have done better to refit the old tub than buy this new one. We will never purchase a hot tub from this company again. Stay away!

Simon,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your spa experience. I am sorry that the panel you need has been faulty. I would like to help improve your spa experience.
    I will DM you to see how I can help expedite the part you need and make sure that it is reliable.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Hot Spring Spas at one time were the best, not anymore! I purchased my third hot spring hot tub in 2015 a NXT Grande with speakers and Ace saltwater system. I have had problems with the salt water cell having to need replacement every two years but that’s not the only problem, the touch lcd has been replaced twice before and now today it’s not working again! This is crazy!! Ever have a problem with the older hot spring tubs I have owned! I wish I would have never traded my old one in and purchase this new one for 12k+. Hot spring spa doesn’t make a good product anymore! Purchase a Bull Frog!

Hello Brian,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are not happy with your 2015 Spa. While the life span for the ACE cell is 2 years it sounds like there are other issues that can be resolved. We want you to enjoy your spa as you did with your previous Hot Spring Spas. I will DM you for more information and see how I can help.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We previously owned an Aria spa in Minnesota and loved it! Very few minor issues. Unfortunately our experience with the Vanguard in North Carolina has been horrible. We have a “LEMON” or your quality has crashed. We have had NUMEROUS service calls since delivery in spring of 2018 & are still having problems with parts failing and leaks. Hot Spring needs to have a LEMON policy where they replace the whole spa if there are repeated/numerous issues. Most of the time our spa has been inoperable denying us usage of our purchase. Today we again have a problem & spa is inoperable. Soon it may be in the trash!

Robin,
    I am truly sorry to know that your new spa has not been a source of relaxation and enjoyment. I would like to know more about this and see what I can do to help.
    Thank you for taking the time to post about your spa experience.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

The last Hot Spring Spa we had lasted over ten years without any issues. The current spa we have, only six months old, has their new salt FreshWater Salt system in it. This is a terrible sanitizing system. The water has always been green and smells terrible. We had service out and were told they could change the system out to their older silver ion system, which in my opinion was the best. Please do your research on their FreshWater Salt System.

Hot Spring Spas response
    I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the Freshwater salt system. While a large majority of salt users are happy with the system, it is important that you are happy with it and your spa. Water care with a salt system is a different process and takes some getting used to. I am glad that your dealer was supportive and was able to convert you to a water care program that you are familiar with.

Customer Service can always help with water care at 800-999-4688 X8432

Vanessa - Cust.Serv

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

The previous Hot Spring tub we had lasted 20 years with very few issues. Current tub we have owned for 6 years and we have had several issues but the worst part is getting the dealer Pools Plus to come out and service. We have been waiting 2 1/2 months to get a service call. Constantly hearing excuses that either the wrong part came in or that the part is on back order. Service area is inexperienced. Not sure if they even have clue as to what we need since they haven’t even come out to look at. It is very concerning when a manufacturer can’t support what they sell with either parts or customer service. Service employees have quit or so we have been told. Maybe just another excuse. Looking to purchase another one. I will not buy another hot spring tub. We will be looking for one that not only has a good reputation but the service area to support. Having an issue with the heater and control panel which has already been replaced once in the last year.

Hello Lori,

I am sorry that your spa has not been a pleasurable experience. I would like to know how I can help. I will DM you for more information about your spa purchase. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and for giving us the chance to work with you. I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had a Hot Spring Hot Tub Limelight Gleam model hot tub delivered to my house in April of 2014 and had a deck built around the hot tub (that was completed July of 2014) so that it was flush to the deck. It looked flawless and high class. The Gleam hot tub is one of the biggest hot tubs that the Hot Springs dealer in Clarksburg, Maryland was selling at the time. The first year was fantastic. When operational, this is a fabulous hot tub. However, after a year or so the hot tub began having problems but was covered under warranty. The control panel has already been replaced 2 times, the Jet stopped working and was replaced and the dealer had to come out three times to fix leaks. The last jet repair for leaks was in 2018.

This summer, I had to start filling up the hot tub every 3 weeks or so. I was just thinking it may be due to evaporation. This fall it moved to every 2 weeks and now I lose 2 inches every week. Once again I had Hot Spring come out to fix a leak. The girl told me it was still under warranty and that I would have to pay the standard $69 warranty fee for the 6th time! Well, I was very annoyed that I had to pay the $69 fee to fix a leak for the hot tub for the 4th time! When I bought the hot tub, I asked why I should pay so much more money for the Hot Spring hot tub compared to other Companies that were much cheaper. The salesman said with Hot Spring I am getting the Mercedes of hot tubs and that Watkins stands behind their high quality Hot Tubs!

Last Thursday when I got home from work, my wife showed me what the Hot Spring repairman (Teavis) left me. A work order for $1060 to replace one jet and $159 to repair the other one. I thought surely my wife was mistaken since the lady I talked to said the Hot Tub was under warranty. I called last Friday and another lady told me that the Hot Tub is no longer under warranty and that I would have to pay to repair it myself. I explained that the leak started in the summer but she said Watkins would not pay the order even though the leak started before the Hot Tub had been used for 5 years!! It does not appear that HotSprings stands behind their warranty!

Hot Spring Spas response
    WOW, James! That does not sound right. I would like to know more to see what I can do to help. While there is a time frame for all warranties if the initial issue is not resolved then it's not fixed. Please look for a DM from me.
    Thank you for taking the time to post your spa experience. I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

After spending months and months reading about hot tubs and going to dealers, we finally decided to buy the HotSpot Relay. So far (a month in) we are very happy with it. Its jets are very powerful when you want them to be, but quiet and soothing when turned down. The lights are just right-many choices, but not over the top tacky like some I saw. The price was right too and I didn't feel like I was paying for a lot of bells and whistles I didn't care for. Love the lounge as it gives me the foot/calf massage I need for my arthritis. It's also a nice simple shell which I prefer. I have found the water chemistry part much more challenging than I expected, but am hoping that it's just a learning curve with the Frog Ease system.

Hello Katherine,
    Thank you for your review and a great picture of your spa. It's good to know that your spa is able to help provide some relief from your arthritis. Water care can take some getting used to. Your dealer and or Customer Service (800-999-4688 ext8432) is available for questions or guidance. We want to make sure you get the most out of your spa and will be able to enjoy it for many years to come.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased the Grandee hot tub and it was installed in May of 2015. We did a lot of looking before deciding on this model. We also got it with the ACE system. From the start the remote had problems. We had several service calls and nothing seemed to work. The hot tub would randomly quit working and would have to be recycled (powered down and restarted) to get it functional. Finally that stopped working as did the direct controls on the tub. What we did not realize was the myriad of problems we had encountered up to this point were all due to the bad board. We experienced green water, cloudy water, etc. all of which the solution to was to drain, clean and refill the tub (about two days and $200 each time) about every 3 to 4 weeks.

At this point the repair technician said he was not supposed to replace the ace controller board but he was certain it seemed to be the problem. He replaced it and we have never had another problem. The ACE board was bad from the beginning but never tested as bad. Then one of the back massagers began to stop from time to time. It seemed as though it was not getting enough water. We noticed the valve control for that side of the tub would spin 360 degrees and did not affect the flow of water. After a lot of working with it we got it adjusted so the massager would work. A service call said nothing was wrong with the massager or the valve. We still have it positioned to give off center to get sufficient water flow to the massager.

For the last two years we have had a great experience with the Grandee. We have learned its idiosyncrasies. We change the ACE setting weekly (it seems to get lonely and acts up if you do not pay it some attention) and start up the jets to get the water moving to ensure the temp gets up high enough for the ACE to actually function. Hot Springs should include instructions on how to keep their spas functional through tips and tricks.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Thank you Tommy for your post and detailed information. I am glad that you are now enjoying your spa. I am sorry that you had to go through a period of service calls and interrupted hot tubbing. I like your idea for a video. I will pass your suggestion on to our team. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. Please look for a DM from me. Thank you again.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

We purchased our Grandee model three years ago and spent $12,000.00 on it. Service technicians have had to come four or five times. Pumps have seized up and had to be replaced, as well as other parts. Once the blue light was flashing and technician told me there was calcium deposits causing this. Wasn't covered under my warranty. Not 5 minutes after he left the light was blinking. Did a Google search to learn that filters had to be cleaned. Never had a problem after so I am not very sure what technician said had any validity. Even though under warranty, I still have to pay every time for hourly charge and mileage rate even though it's due to bad parts. I wish I read reviews before I purchased it.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about your spa experience and that your spa was in need of service. I would like to know more about this issue and will DM you.
    We do provide a warranty for all of the spas we manufacture. It covers parts and labor, the travel fee is not encluded. It is stated in the terms and conditions of the warranty. I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have had my Hot Springs Grandee now for 10 months. The spa I absolutely love, in it almost every day. CoolZone has not worked right from day one, today was service call number 5, they said they couldn't fix it, needed an AC man. They left and said they would not charge me because they couldn't fix it. KEEP IN MIND LESS THAN 1 YEAR OLD, NEVER HAS WORKED RIGHT. Hot Spring help me out.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Charles, I am sorry to hear that the CoolZone is not operational. The system does need an HVAC professional to set up but it shouldn't take 5 service calls to get it working. I would like to see how I can help. I will DM you for more information. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Hot Spring Spas Company Information