1.46/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a home warranty company?

Last updated: April 25, 2018

171 Home Security America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2018

We've used them since we bought our house in 2013. Every year we renew and every year we have an issue or three. They've always handled everything very well and normally in a fairly timely fashion. They can't control other company's schedules. The only complaints we've had is the price has gone up a LOT. & Our AC is 20 yrs old this yr. 2 yrs ago a major component went out. Instead of replacing this 20 yr old unit as was recommended, they spend over 2 weeks hunting down this hard to find, expensive part to repair it. I know that in the long run replacing it back then would have been the less expensive route.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We received this home warranty when we purchased our house. PLEASE read the entire review. On 2-26-2018 I called HSA to put a work order in for a new pressure tank, as ours had developed a leak and was no longer working. I spoke with "Sharon". Told her on multiple occasions during our conversation that the problem was the pressure tank, she said, "Ok I'll put in a work order," which she did. The next day I get a call from the plumbing company, stating they had a guy in the area and could come out that morning. When the plumber arrived he too determined that the pressure tank was bad. It took approximately 2 hours to replace and test it. All was good... or so I thought.

When he called into HSA to tell them what he had done and that he was done with the job. He was told by HSA that the pressure tank was not covered under our contract. He came back into my house to tell me he had bad news, and explained what they had told him. He had the HSA employee on hold while telling me the bad news. He then let me speak to them, "Kim" and I asked why I wasn't told that the item in question wasn't covered at the time of placing the work order phone call. Kim apologized and said their employee must have misunderstood what I was asking to be fixed. I told her that was NOT the case and that I had expressed what needed to be fixed numerous times during our conversation. Kim told me that they would pull the call (takes 7-10 biz days) and get back to me.

I called back on 3-6-2018, spoke with Shanikwa, only to be told the call was never pulled. She once again requested it be pulled and that they would get back to me. I called back 3-9-2018, and at first spoke with Hoagan. And when I told him I had a complaint, and that I wanted to speak to his super... my call was dropped!!! I called back and spoke with Cindy this time. Once again I was told the call had not been pulled yet, but was asked to at least give them the 7-10 biz days to do a follow up. I called back on 3-14-2018, and spoke to Chris. After explaining again the reason for my phone call. I was told they STILL hadn't pulled the call for reviewing!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor. Chris put me on hold and when he returned stated that he reached out to his supervisor, explained the situation and that she (Jessica) would pull the call and call me back after 2 hours. She never called back!!!

I called back 3-15-2018, and spoke with Brittany. She informed me the called hadn't been pulled. So I asked to speak with a supervisor, only to be told that there wasn't one on duty at the time. And the only way that she could get in touch with them was to use messenger!!! Once again the request to have the call pulled paperwork was submitted. This has been my nightmare thus far. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Tuesday 3/6/18 around 8 AM - Power goes out to some of our upstairs bedrooms and bathroom. I go and look at the breaker box, but nothing is tripped. I reset all the breakers and the main just to be sure after getting home from work but no change. I also checked all of the GFCI outlets and reset them in case but no effect. We were set to have a snow storm Wednesday so we waited to call an electrician till Thursday. In the meantime, someone recommended we go through our home warranty.

Thursday 3/8/18 - around 8 AM - My wife calls HSA. They say someone will contact us within 24 hours from the company and that we only owe $100 service fee. Friday 3/9/18 - around 6:30 PM - M PREISING ELECTRICAL LLC finally calls us to schedule a Monday morning appointment. Not ideal but at this point we figure at least it will get fixed on Monday.

Monday 3/12/18 - Electrician comes out and spends over three hours in our house (not quite sure doing what) and comes to the conclusion that there is a break "somewhere" (obviously...) and that he will have to open the walls to find it. He also told me the junction box and the circuit in the box it was on. Well, he was wrong on the circuit it was on, and I could clearly see he didn't even check every outlet on the circuit due to paint still being on the boxes when I ended up removing a few.

He can't take down walls without HSA's approval so he has to contact them before moving forward. Two hours after he left, HSA calls me saying our claim is DENIED due to the electrician saying he "recommends" that we have three new breakers installed and that this now falls under an "inadequacy" and this is not covered by our contract. After an hour on the phone with HSA, all I was able to do was schedule a second opinion with another low rated company and they can't come out until 3/14.

The problem with this "inadequacy" claim is that we have never blown this breaker, or had any issues with power loss or inadequate power to devices on those outlets. If this was due to true inadequacy we would have had issues over the past six months of living there. On top of that, at the time of the issue occurring, we didn't even have much plugged onto that circuit, I doubt it was drawing anywhere near the 16 AMPS recommended as max on a 20 AMP circuit. Also, three new breakers would essentially be a MAX of 2 outlets per box, which is ridiculous and unnecessary. HSA wanted to hear none of this and just wants to blindly shoot down a claim to save money. DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR WARRANTY!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I made a service request for an electrical issue. After 1 month I have yet to see an electrician provided. The electrician never responds, but the home warranty won't give me another electrician. Still they have charged me a $100 service fee. Home warranty can only be contacted by phone which makes me waste extra time to contact them, then they contact the electrician and circle continues. It's been a useless waste of my time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We received this home warranty when we purchased our home. When the first year was over we were given an option to extend the warranty. I almost didn't do it because of negative reviews but so happy I did because about a month after renewing our furnace broke. HSA was quick to respond and got us a new furnace within 2 days. It was a great experience and all of the customer service people were friendly and helpful! I definitely recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Security America?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I setup my service request online last Thursday. On that Friday, I never received a call regarding my request. So I called the contractor that HSA emailed me. That person told me he never received the service request. He then called me 5 hours later telling me he was in a bad area and couldn't check his emails but finally got and wanted to come the next morning. I let him know that I had a funeral that morning, but would be home by the afternoon. He says to me "That's not good cause I promised my best friend I'd help him barbecue, so maybe you should just give me a call and see if I'm available or not". WHAT!!! I immediately called HSA, sat on hold for 45 minutes, complained about that contractor. So they set me up with another contractor. I thought it was all going well. That Saturday I was setup for a 2-4 time frame, only for no one to EVER show up!!

I called the number given and was told they would look into it and give me a callback. NO ONE EVER CALLED BACK! So I called back on Sunday, only to get an answer on MONDAY. The guy came out on Monday and told me about the car accident he had on Saturday, and that's why he couldn't come. I thought all was well until today is Thursday and I STILL HAVE NO HEAT!! He told me I needed a part. I never got a call back telling me the part was ready or not. So I just called and was told he was on the way picking up parts now, but they have people that have been waiting since last week!! So maybe I'll get my part tomorrow, or Saturday or who knows?!? It's cold here, and I can't keep doing this!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

HSA takes months to get repairs done in most cases. Trying to contact customer service is always a 30 minute hold and dropped calls. They also continuously fraudulently charge for extra service calls.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They make it practically impossible to process any claim by limiting telephone access to the insurance company. If the policyholder or the contractor tries to call the wait times are always in excess of 45 minutes. Contractors cannot wait for authorization to perform any work. My wife just waited for 45 minutes to reach someone and when she did, he disconnected the call.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This is by far the worst Service I have ever experienced. I have had to take off work 4x now for GE to come out and fix my Microwave and he still hasn't fixed item yet. I started calling HSA after the 2nd trip out because the GE guy kept telling me that it was cheaper to replace the microwave than fix it. I was supposed to be given a 'buyout number', but that has never happened... We are now over 5 weeks into this with no Microwave and, of course, just as every other time I've called Customer Service - I am told the wait it a minimum of 30 minutes (the last call was over an hour before anyone answered-- and she was incredibly rude -- like it was my fault that this all happened. No Resolution, Long Wait Times on the Phone, Rude Customer Service - no results. Worst company ever.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

So you need to make a claim with HSA? Better block 1 hour + for a service call. I was on hold for 1:06 minutes just to be told to go online and file a claim. We had a leak in our washer, it took three technician visits and over a month to have repaired. In the meantime we continued to have water leaking on our floor. I called HSA twice and they refused to replace the washer. Of course HSA withdrew the $80 day one and we now have a POS washer and a floor to repair. I will NEVER allow anyone I care about sign a contract with this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

If you call, it will be 45 minutes to 1.5 hours and sometimes longer. No exaggeration. You have to pay for service at the time of booking. You can have them charge your card afterwards but you still must be ready to pay. When the service technician doesn't show up, it's about 50% of the time, you have to call to change anything so you are forced into the long wait times on the phone. It's insanely aggravating. My theory, is that the only contractors that work with this company are desperate for work and so as customers, you get the bottom of the barrel. I say this because out of the 3 times I have actually had the company show up, they are late, rude and do poor work. The problem with the poor work is that when you want to complain, you guessed it, time to be on hold all day. I like the idea of paying $100 to fix my appliances but in the end, it hasn't worked out this past 1.5 years. Save your money.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I recently bought a house with an HSA home warranty. After reading all these reviews and others, I wasn't looking forward to dealing with them. Our washer (10 years old) started making bearing noise (airplane taking off). I called them and they said it would not be covered. It does leak sometimes so that would be covered. The tech came out a few days later and couldn't get it to leak but did notice the door hinge was broken - which probably was causing the leak. The part wasn't available so they are replacing the washer with a $600 GE washer. What a bargain. We really wanted another model but had to pay for the upgrade - not worth it - we'll stick with the GE and keep the warranty on it.

Many of the complaints on here are about hold times and sure, I've probably been on hold 1.5 to 2 hours over the last week or two but frankly, I put on the speaker phone and just keep working - who cares... if you understand their business, they have to have long queues to keep their phone people busy - it is like the long lines at Sam's Club. If there isn't a line, they are wasting money on cashiers standing there idle. I don't mind the wait but I do wish it was shorter but I understand. At one point, the phone connection did drop.

Took her about 10 minutes but the woman called me back (she said her phone rings immediately when the call is dropped and she has to take the next call. I was very "happy" with them on the phone and gracious and they were to me as well. All in all, I was very impressed and am highly recommending them. By the way, I'm incredibly harsh in my reviews most of the time - so don't think I'm one of those people that just likes everyone. :-)

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We bought a house with this warranty already placed on it. The hot tub went out in June so I called to place a claim. I had 2 choices in picking who came out to look at it. HSA gladly took my 100 deductible. The guy comes out and says there are 2 things wrong with it. He came for the first problem and then said he needed to order the other parts for the 2nd problem. I called about a month later and asked when they were coming back out. Never could get a hold of anyone. Aug. 15 I get a text from contractor said ordered parts will contact you in 24 hours for an appt. Never got a call. So I'm left wondering did they come or not (hot tub is in back yard so they could have just shown up) so I called and called, nothing.

I finally called HSA at the end of Aug. where customer service emailed them and told me they would call me back when they heard back. Never heard a thing, so I called back Sept. 25, again. Don't even get me started on the wait times, plus when you do get a hold of someone they conveniently disconnect with you so you have to call back and wait another 30 min. I did get a return call on Sept. 27 telling me they finally got a hold of the contractor and they confirmed the work was completely. My husband went out today 3 days after the confirmation of it being completed only to find out we are getting the same error message as our original claim. I called back this morning and was told that, "Well too bad. You only have 30 days to call back if something wasn't correct."

It's only been 3 days. She said, "Well too bad. Your 30 days was up on Sep 22." She said I should have turned it on sooner to see if it was working. I was specifically told by the contractor when he first came out to not turn it on as we could do more damage. This is ridiculous! They are scamming people. They don't care they are sending slimy contractors to your home. This customer service rep was rude and didn't even attempt to help. There have to be other reputable warranty companies out there, stay away from this one. If you are buying a house and a warranty is part of the deal, ask to pick your own and don't use this one!! You have been forewarned!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We have HSA for our home warranty. I can say I did not choose them however when we purchased our home last year we requested a home warranty be part of our closing. So, we have an HSA plan that is basically non-existent for our existing issue. My oven decided to stop turning on last Saturday. I promptly called HSA and reported it and they referred me to their appliance repair company Reliable Appliance out of Anchorage. Over the phone that company told HSA, who in turn told me that they could have someone out at 9am on Wed. At the time I thought this was a long time to wait but was informed by both companies that they have a five day grace period, so this was within their five days. Then on Monday I called to confirm with Reliable and they said, “NO, we cannot come out until sometime Thursday, we will call you Wed and let you know when we will be out on Thursday.”

Now, today, Tuesday they called to say, “Wait, better yet, we will not be out until the middle of next week!” That to me seems unacceptable! Ten days, no oven. I cook every day and have a daughter with special dietary needs and wait, we have a home warranty with HSA that is supposed to be helping us when these kind of issues occur.

At this point, no one has bothered to call me back from HSA, to offer to get another company to do the repair or to let me find someone and they can then pay that person. Seems like a big company like HSA could have more than one appliance repair company for all of Anchorage and the entire Matsu Valley? Really, why is that? Do they not pay their contractors enough money, are they cheap, or do they just not give a blank about their customers. Maybe all of the above. My year is close to the end with HSA and you can bet I will be shopping around for a better company to be my home warranty company for the rest of my time in this home.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Called customer service after noon today. Hour wait time on phone. Emergency water break and flood in my home. They gave me number of plumbing company. Plumber never called. I called plumber... reached voice mail. Left message. Got an answer back in about 15 mins after leaving msg. with plumber. Said they can't get to me until Fri (today is Mon) and told me to call back warranty company to "reassign to another plumber."

Called back HSA. On hold again for another 58 minutes. Customer service then tells me it wasn't originally entered as EMERGENCY (are you kidding?). Said they will "expedite to dispatch" for emergency scheduling and will call me back. No call back all afternoon. It is now going on 6 p.m. and I have water everywhere, main supply shut off and on hold again for third hour today waiting on customer service since first calling HSA after noon today.

Probably going to have to contact plumber on my own then use my business attorney to go after HSA for reimbursement for failure to fulfill contractual obligations. This company doesn't care about the customer after it has your money. Go ANYWHERE else. Google "HSA warranty complaints" and read for days... hundreds, perhaps thousands of similar complaints. No good!!! Steer clear. There are better warranty companies. Never again!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We made an appointment online and then fixed it ourselves. We tried to call back to cancel it and were on hold for 1 hour and 45 min. While I was on hold we called back on a different phone and talked to sales and they were very happy to set up a new account for us if that is what we needed but not happy to help a current customer. I tried to talk to a supervisor and that was out of the question, until finally I said I was going to cancel our contract because we are up for renewal. No help with them. Finally when someone came to the phone they just said it was because it is summer and they are busy. There was no way to leave a callback number and there was no way to cancel online. There is no excuse for a 1 hour and 45 minute wait in this digital age. We are actively looking for a new company to use.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We had a pipe leak in our finished basement. In the past, I've reported issues online, and have never had any problems. I made the initial request shortly after 7 am. After not hearing from the plumber for a few hours and being unable to contact the plumber directly (and leaving multiple voice mail messages), I called HSA only to find out that the plumber denied the request and that I should have called rather than using the website. Granted this was after two calls - initially I was on hold for 35 minutes and needed to take another call; then I called back and was on hold for another 55 minutes! I was frustrated that it took me reaching out to HSA to learn about the request being denied.

By the time I was able to talk to someone at HSA, it was after 11 am and we had significant water in our basement due to the leak. I was then told that all of the contractors HSA worked with were busy (keep in mind, I live in a major metropolitan area) and it would be 2-3 days to get the pipe fixed, all while I unable to turn off the water to the damaged pipe, which was continuing to spray water all over my basement. I was told I had the option be put on a wait list and if I didn't hear anything in four hours, I could find my own contractor and HSA would reimburse me. Had we waited four hours, it would have been after 3 pm and I felt it would be difficult to find a contractor to come out that day. Again, because my basement was flooding, I ended up getting my own contractor and paid out of pocket to get the problem resolved.

The ironic thing is that shortly after the contractor I procured to fix the pipe arrived, the original plumber called us saying he found us on the wait list, that his schedule had freed up and he could come out. The lack of communication, support and any empathy from HSA during what I perceived to be an emergency was the worst customer services I've ever experienced. HSA provided no benefit at all for the damaged pipe or the resulting damage that the leak caused. I would encourage anyone I talk to avoid using HSA and will not be renewing my contract after it expires.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

As with any home purchase there are bound to be unforeseen repairs that pop up. You would think it should be an easy process to contact them & get a vendor out to fix problems. If you do it online then yes, but definitely not the case if you call. Unfortunately we've had an ongoing issue with our dishwasher so I have had to call them directly to schedule a 'recall' twice now. I have sat on hold for no less than 40 minutes every time I called... one call for an hour & a half!

This last time I called, I couldn't just make an appointment right away because of a certain contract provision they had with the vendor who did the original repair & was told I needed to call back tomorrow. The agent said that this was the only vendor we could use for the repair since it was a 'recall' & there was no other way to do this. She didn't care that I had to sit on hold for half my life & was very unapologetic about the whole situation. If you ever have any say in choosing your home warranty company then DO NOT CHOOSE THIS ONE... unless of course you enjoy headaches.

Original review: July 26, 2017

So I bought a house last month and as part of the agreement the sellers agree to purchase a warranty for us in case anything breaks in the house. Something broke with the garage door, so I was FORCED to file a claim online, I could not speak with anyone about it. Fine, the contractor came and told me, "Oh yeah, this is covered, it's $100 and we will submit the claim on your behalf and by Monday (they came on Friday) someone will call you to schedule the repair." Two weeks went by and I never heard from anyone, so I called the contractor and was advised that the claim was denied. No reason as to why and that we are still responsible for the $100 deductible. We were advised the contractor could fix this, but it would cost us $300+.

I called HSA and I was on hold for over 35 min and was not able to speak with anyone. I went to their site and requested a call back to explain why my claim was denied. Their sites states that requests are completed within 24 hours. Over a week went by and I never heard from anyone. I sent another request rather update again 2 days ago and have not heard from anyone. I have been working in customer service for the last 15 years and this is by far the worst customer service oriented company I ever dealt with. I feel this is a fraud, selling people a policy that they will not honor. Please go with a different company and stay away from this company...

Original review: July 25, 2017

Bosch Stove top went out and filed a claim. They only offered a cheap GE for replacement. I called them, and was put on hold for 40 minutes of music and being told how important my call was to them over and over and over and over. Gave up after 40 minutes, and decided maybe to call back when less busy. Called today and have been on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes so far. Yea, they really want my business, will not renew, my renewal just came and they jacked up the price to $800 a year. Have already switched to another company and it's highly rated.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I received a home warranty from HSA upon purchase of my home last year. I thought that was good but I was so wrong. AC unit went out two weeks and it still hasn't been repaired! I've been on hold with them from 30 minutes to 56 minutes and it still has not been resolved. HSA keeps saying they ordered the part but the repair company keeps saying they haven't received it so they won't even schedule a repair time. I asked if I could find a company who could pick the part up from the distributor down the street, pay for it, and be reimbursed. They said no.

At this point I have only two options... wait another week for the part to arrive and AC to be repaired with no guarantee when this will happen, or just find an AC company and replace the whole thing on my own. I am livid! I could have had this done weeks ago. I really don't see how they are still in business. Maybe it's time for a lawsuit because this is false advertising and abuse. Stay away from HSA!

Original review: July 14, 2017

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with this company. Our a/c quit during a heat wave. Calls to HSA went unanswered, with extended holds over 30 minutes trying to get a rep, and had to set up service via their menus. Then told service not available for another 5 days! Multiple calls and waits got rescheduled on third day after system went down. They did not do a checklist for possible problems. Cost me $100 to find out it was simply an emergency utility switch was inadvertently turned off. OK, our fault, but the service with this company stinks. Stay Away. PS... the local hvac guy said that HSA is supposed to run a checklist with you when you call in for service, which never happened. Could have avoided the charges. Repeat - Stay away from HSA.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Do not use this company. You will have to wait on hold for over an hour to speak with someone and the customer service is terrible. I had my AC break down and they made me wait 5 days for someone to come look at it. By the time Bell Cow arrived, it had just started working again. They charged me $100 and told me to call back when it stops working. I asked HSA for a second opinion and she said "sure, I will have someone call you." That never happened. It stopped 4 weeks later and I was told I had to call HSA again. Called, was on hold for over an hour, she connected me with a different AC company who is now making me wait another 4 days.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We purchased a home and had the seller purchase a home warranty through HSA. About 7 months after moving into the home we realized that we had some water leaking into our basement from a foundation wall. Since our warranty covered Foundation Leaks we contacted HSA. After being on hold for over an hour we finally spoke with an HSA representative and explained the situation to them. They kept inferring that it was a plumbing issue and I continually clarified this was not a plumbing issue as there was no plumbing in the foundation. They filed a claim and charged us $75. The contractor never showed. Called HSA and while waiting over an hour to get a rep I set up an online account. At this time I realized that the contractor they had assigned this to was a plumber.

Finally when I was able to speak with someone they confirmed that there was a mix-up with the contractor. I explained to them again that this was not a plumbing issue so they should not send a plumber. They said that they would send this contractor and if they determined it was not a plumbing issue we could pursue other options. A week after the original appointment the plumber shows up. The plumber proceeds to tell me that they have a lot of issues with HSA and that it is common for them to send them to jobs that do not involve plumbing problems. He immediately comes to the conclusion that this is not a plumbing problem and tells me that he will contact HSA and advise them accordingly. Later that night I receive a voice mail from HSA that my claim has been denied.

Next day I call HSA again and wait on hold for over an hour. Finally a rep is able to confirm that the claim was denied because the plumber told them that this appears to be "ground water" and they don't cover "ground water." Since my warranty covers Foundation Leaks I told them that I was confused and asked them to clarify the basis of my denial. They were unable to clarify the reason based on the language in the warranty and simply insisted that they will only cover plumbing problems and since this was a foundation issue it wasn't covered. After an hour of arguing with the rep she put me on hold to talk with a supervisor. When she returned she apologized for not recognizing that Foundation Leaks are covered in my warranty, claiming that this was something new that was just added to their warranty recently (this was July and my warranty was issued in December of the prior year).

Accordingly they set up an appointment with a contractor that specializes in foundation issues. The contractor came out the following week. The contractor looked at the issue and explained what they would need to do to correct the issue. He then proceeded to tell me that they have a lot of problems with HSA and are very rarely able to get them to cover any repairs. He said he would submit the estimate to HSA and contact me back. Later that night I received another voice mail from HSA advising me that they had declined my claim. Next morning I called HSA. After being on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes I was finally able to get a rep. I asked them to explain why they had denied this claim. The rep said that I don't have a foundation issue and this is a plumbing issue and they won't cover modifications for a plumbing issue.

When I questioned why a plumber was sent and said it was not a plumbing issue so they sent a contractor who specializes in foundation issues who confirmed it was a foundation issue, why are they now saying it is a plumbing issue. The rep was very condescending and told me she owns a house and tried to explain to me what was happening to justify their decision. After 30 minutes (at least) of discussions she finally forwarded me over the authorizations department to have them explain the denial. This rep in this department gave me every reason under the Sun for why they wouldn't pay to repair the issue. Each time I asked her to point me to the language in the warranty that would justify that denial. Each time the section of the warranty that she quoted was completely unrelated to the foundation.

Then they pointed me to a section in my warranty and said it would only be covered if I had that additional coverage. I asked them why they would provide me with a copy of my warranty that would include coverage that I didn't have. Regardless after more discussion I was able to prove that this additional coverage had nothing to do with Foundation Leaks which was the issue at hand. She had to speak with a supervisor since she was unable to justify the denial based on the language in the warranty. When she came back she said they would try contacting the contractor again and put me on hold. She came back and said that the contractor was not answering his phone so they left him a message and sent him a follow-up email. Once they spoke to him they said a supervisor would call me back. In total I was on the phone with this company for 2 hours and 54 minutes on this call alone.

Today I received a call from the contractor to give me an update on the status. He told me that he submitted the estimate and then received a voice mail advising him that they had denied the claim the same day. He called back yesterday and was on hold for over an hour but never reached a rep. He called them again this morning and finally got a rep after 45 minutes on hold. The rep said that the person he would need to talk to was unavailable so he would need to call back. I told him that I had spoken to them yesterday and they said that they called him, left him a voice mail and sent him an email. He said that they didn't call him, he didn't have a voice mail from them and he never received an email from them. After this conversation I called HSA. As expected I had a long hold time. After 53 minutes I was connected with a rep only to immediately be disconnected. Do not use this company!

Original review: July 8, 2017

Do not use this company - Do your homework and check Yelp. I have spent over 7 hours on the phone trying to get them to send a technician to fix my AC unit in AZ it's 115 degrees today. I've waited over 30 minutes on phone 3 times and 1 hour another. I finally got through (mind you I paid for this company in the purchase of my home - I made the claim, and the technician didn't show up day 1. I call back. House now averaged 90 degrees, they say they found me another company and to be home 1-5 pm today. I took off from work 1-5 and waited. Guess what never happened by 5. I call back. Wait 30 more minutes - to only be treated like crap by the service rep - They then said they couldn't get anyone out until Monday or Tuesday - What???

The company said they had a CXL from someone. So this stupid company CXL my AC appointment from 1-5. I wait half the day and nothing. Now they say I must wait 4 hours to be in the "q" for a technician to reach me. It's now been 4 hours and nothing. They now say I can have my own AC company come repair at my cost and "they" will reimburse me. These people couldn't even book an appointment and have a company show in 4 days let alone will they reimburse me. This company is your typical insurance fraud and scam - They sell a service they never plan to serve. Ponzi.

Original review: June 29, 2017

My refrigerator was having a leak issue, so I submitted a claim with the home warranty. Service company called and asked me to provide the model number to the fridge so they can order a part. Over a month past and I heard nothing. I submitted a new claim, this time service company came out and I paid the $100. I still need to have a follow up appointment. Fast forward a week and I receive a bill for the original service order. After hours on hold, I finally get a live person. Explained everything, spent another hour on the phone and still no resolution. They won't remove the $100 charge and they claim the company came out multiple times.

Why would I waste my time and money to ask for service and then not be home? It's because I never got a scheduled appointment. I only received that initial call about ordering a part. So as we stand, I paid the $100 service fee, I have a bill from the home warranty company for another $100, and I still have a leaking fridge. Stay away from this company if all possible.

Original review: June 27, 2017

This company is by far the worst company I have ever done business with. I have never had a phone call answered faster than 45 minutes on hold and twice I waited 1 hour and 20 minutes. The companies that they hire to fix your problems are the best. They will not replace an appliance even though that is what they are supposed to do if an item can't be fixed, they just keep calling another company to try and fix the problem, even when the contractor tells them the item needs replaced. Do not use this company it is a complete waste of money!

Original review: June 25, 2017

Going to make this short. HSA price was $51.00 now $70.00. With no explanation why. Fridge went out on Friday. Was set up with the AC Guys which upon calling them Saturday and Sunday to find out they are closed. Plus on website they say they are open 24 hours? No mention of working on a fridge on website? Thanks HSA! Called HSA several times only to be put on hold for a hour. Called back today only to be hung up on after waiting 30 minutes. Finally upon getting a live operator (good luck with that too) I was told someone else with HSA would be calling me shortly. Two hours later nothing.

Now I have to call another time to even get a answer on why I got hit with a 40% price increase. Will reply back when if ever they call back. Years ago had a warranty on a rental. Same old story with even the tech telling me that the company told them to band aid the problem. After numerous techs not fixing the problem and one honest tech telling me it needed a new ac unit they still refused to fix the unit. I ended up buying a new unit and giving up because it was obvious they weren't going to fix the problem. Seems this is a norm upon reading the reviews here.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Always a technicality. Need a new part, wait 4 weeks. That part doesn't work, another 4 weeks. The repair people hate HSA and give horrible service. HSA does nothing except assign new, horrible repair people to replace the ones that don't call you back. This is a huge, horrible rip-off. Average hold time is 45 minutes to get an agent and 75% of the problems you experience require a call to customer service. This is hell, HSA stockholders should be publicly stoned. This is Hell. Absolute hell.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Bought a new home recently. It came with a "Home Warranty" through HSA for a full year. I thought, "Ok, this is nice." However, I never envisioned on having to use it this quickly. The A/C went out overnight. We called and set up a service request with HSA. No big deal, that part was easy. We received a follow-up with the "vendor" they chose (Freedom Heating & Cooling) along with their contact information. We received a follow-up email, detailing the appointment time (same day, between 8pm and midnight). Weird time, but whatever. It has now been over 5 days with no notice or any attempt at communication. I have called my realtor, who had a number for an actual person at HSA, and the best she could do was tell me "Good luck, wait until Monday". The vendor has gone MIA, and HSA is a 45 minute wait time with an automatic hangup. I would stay far away from HSA, especially after reading all of these claim issues.

Home Security America Company Information