Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.19/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

210 Home Security America Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!! I have a leak in my bathtub going to the kitchen they state that they cannot cover because there's bathtub obstructing them to get to the plumbing... YES, they cannot fix a plumbing issue because there's "an obstruction" on the way. They say it like plumbing is exposed all over the house

and walls cabinets or bathtub would never be an obstruction... To add more they charged $75 copay for the appointment to tell me that they can't fix and won't be covered! They said that the $75 is to cover the diagnostic, this is absolutely ridiculous! BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WITH THIS HOME WARRANTY COMPANY, they write their policy in a way that is almost impossible for them to cover anything, always exceptions on the contract that makes them denying coverage and still charging you the copay for the appointment. COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I read a review by "BOB" the Greensburg service provider & it made me extremely upset. Some of what he said is true. You should know what your policy does/does not cover. HOWEVER, during the home buying process - THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. We did not receive our actual policy contract until WEEKS after the close of the home. It's not your policy UNTIL it is paid for & you buy the house, so you dont receive the policy until AFTER that time. All you get is the flowery BROCHURE that assures you everything's covered. And another good point for "Bob" the expert, is: the warranty is not something the buyer is shopping around for to meet their needs. It's portrayed as a benefit to purchasing the particular property in that it will guaranty peace of mind should any issues arise. I didnt pick it myself & fail to read the fine print as "Bob" assumes.

During the negotiation process of the purchase of our home, the agent of the sellers & the sellers themselves assured us that issues we brought up when making the case for our lower than asking offer were "non-issues" since they were offering the home "warranty" & these concerns could easily by covered by that. There was no way that the sellers (or us the buyers) could validate those claims without a policy contract in hand. The brochure that is presented during the home buying process gives the illusion that most everything could be covered. It is not until you receive an actual policy contract (which is not until after the sale) that you can examine the lengthy exclusion clauses. Skip to the bottom to read my conclusions & skip over my personal experiences.

Now my personal experience: I've called HSA 3 times now for separate service issues upon purchase of a home that came with the "warranty". ALL 3 times the service providers who came to the home, COMPLAINED to me personally that they hate working for HSA & that customer reps are hard to deal with as they don't speak fluent English. This is true. My husband is of foreign descent & I am familiar with accents etc. I can BARELY make out what the reps are saying over the phone & they read from customer service prompts constantly instead of having a real conversation with you.

For the $75 that I paid EACH time I have requested service, I dont feel I got my money's worth. $75 for (2) working keys for the front door that was a Smartlock & rekeyed in 30 seconds? $75 for the AC serviceman to tell me he could top off the freon for the AC but the unit is old garbage that is leaking back out, but dont bother to try to get HSA to credit you for a replacement because (in his experience) THEY WILL NOT. He said they will just keep finding other service people to say it's still ok (second opinions he called it) even if he recommends replacement. (This AC unit is costing us over $250 a month in electric BTW.)

I'm still waiting (almost 6 wks now) for a service company to come fix my gas range where NONE of the burners can be adjusted from medium heat. Ever try to boil water or cook a meal merely on MEDIUM heat? Takes FOREVER. Oh, and I paid my $75 for the range service & have YET to get actual service on the appliance. The "warranty" is a crock. We discovered a large roof leak that the sellers covered up to sell the house. Is HSA going to get us a new roof since the entire thing is shot? Nope. It was "improperly installed" not something a home inspection caught either. Imagine moving into a new house & IMMEDIATELY having to replace the roof. SURPRISE! Your home "warranty" is not going to do anything about that--EVEN THOUGH THE BROCHURE SAYS ROOFS ARE COVERED.

The point here is: "Warranties" nowadays are WORTHLESS. It's always in the best interest of the companies issuing them --NOT TO PAY. And they WILL find ways not to. The "contract" is FULL of clauses that let them off the hook to actually give you replacements of broken components of your investment: namely your home. Dont be duped into thinking a home "warranty" will help you in any way. If you purchase a home with maintenance issues (even unseen ones) assume you will have to foot the bill for all of it & budget accordingly & buy a home well within your financial means.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I called HSA to request a plumbing repair for a new leak I noticed in a copper line in my basement ceiling. The plumber identified the leak as being caused by copper pipe electrolysis. HSA said that this is "not normal wear and tear" and therefore not covered by my homeowner's warranty. Electrolysis is a process where copper pipes can be damaged over time by stray electrical current in the home. It is not an unusual occurrence in older homes, and in my opinion a part of normal aging of the house and should be covered. I was charged $75 for this service call and received no service. I would advise potential purchasers of an HSA home warranty to review the policy carefully before buying and look for this type of exclusion which will make the policy worthless when something actually fails in your home.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

If I could give HSA Home Warranty a NEGATIVE 100 Stars they have EARNED IT. For Home Owners and New Home Buyers BEWARE of this SCAM FRAUDULENT company masquerading as a legitimate home warranty company because all they are is a Answering Service where they hired a lot of retired people to just take your name and policy number and that's it. They DON'T provide any home warranty services. They also will charge you extra fees on top what you paid in full policy. HSA Home Warranty CSR will tell you they are sending a licensed contractor to your home and they don't. I found out that my Real Estate Agent Lee ** from Howard Hanna tied them to my Home Closing which lets me know that Howard Hanna and HSA Home Warranty got some type of under the table deal to register new home buyers to this fake warranty company.

I have just recently filed a BBB Formal Complaint and found out that HSA Home Warranty has 10,000 plus Formal Complaints along with Consumer Affairs where they document Thousands of Complaints. Just Google HSA Home Warranty. I also filed a Formal Complaint with the Ohio State Attorney's General Office and with the Ohio Department Of Insurance because warranties is under insurance. For those new home buyers that's being represented by Howard Hanna, make sure your Howard Hanna Real Estate Agent is not registering with this fake warranty company.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We submitted a work order for our broken AC 15 DAYS AGO... We have 3 kids sleeping in the living room because bedrooms have no AC IN JULY! HSA has sent 3 companies to do an assessment, but no fix is in progress. I’ve been waiting over 2 hrs for a callback from the supervisor (this in addition to numerous other calls we’ve made to try to get information). We’re losing patience. AVOID HSA! LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR HOME WARRANTY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Security America?

Original review: July 29, 2019

If I could give this company a negative review I would. My central air conditioner went out on July 3rd, 2019 so I immediately contacted HSA via email for service repair. A response said I would hear from a HVAC technician within 24 hours, well that never happened. When I called them to complain the gentleman who helped me tried calling repair companies that were not located in the USA. When I finally reached a local technician for HSA he said he does not get paid well from HSA so he would not be able to come out for almost a week. I then contacted someone on my own who was glad to come out to my house on July 4th and diagnose the problem. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 23, 2019

If I could give this company negative stars I would. I do not recommend going with HSA Home Warranty. I have had nothing but headaches dealing with them. I have been without central air for over a month and when my lower level of my house flooded due to a broken sump pump they refused to cover it because even though it was an emergency they expected me to wait for approval and an appointment for one of their contractors. Had I waited for them my house would have been a swimming pool. It doesn't help that nobody speaks English and they can't understand what you need. Give your money to a company that will actually do its job.

Original review: July 22, 2019

HSA is a horrible company. Any communication (over 15 months) outside of sales/renewal took between 45-60 minutes on multiple holds, often involved at least one disconnection with no effort to reconnect. The different departments have differently trained staff - sales/renewal clearly know everything but claims knows very little and is constantly saying, "I don't know."

When we actually needed them it took over an hour to get a plumber called in, and the one they assigned was literally the worst in the entire state - so bad they had recently changed their name to shake the bad reviews. I wouldn't allow them in my house - it took another 30 mins just to get through to an HSA rep to call them off. I hired an unrelated plumber on recommendation and the job was done well and quickly for not much more than the cost of the work order. HSA told me, and I quote, "We do not take customer experience into consideration" when determining which contractors to work with. That is a HUGE red flag.

I was also ASSURED I could cancel at any time with no obligation but was then forced to pay a $60 cancellation fee which infuriates me. I feel like this company stole my money. And it should say something that such an awful business is considered a leader in its industry. YOU DO NOT NEED A HOME WARRANTY. Save your money.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Home Security America is a 100% scam that forces you to use shady HVAC companies that will pad their bills to nickel and dime you on out of pocket expenses. I caught the company red handed and when confronted they have ghosted me for weeks. Here's how the scam works. They claim they will cover everything if it breaks but they don't cover additional installation costs that are needed. So the companies they use don't get paid anything on the covered work so they tack on INSANE fees. The company they sent me tried to tell me my line set was in my wall and needed completely replaced which would be several hundred dollars. I hired a second company to get another opinion and they showed me that the company literally made up all additional work and it wasn't needed. It will be cheaper for me to hire a different HVAC company and pay for everything out of pocket than to use my home warranty and pay for "miscellaneous expenses".

Original review: July 5, 2019

When our A/C unit stopped working, I logged into the customer portal to file a service request only to find that the address on my account was wrong. After HOURS of being on the phone with their customer service department as well as their escalation department, I found out that they had assigned the same account number to multiple customers and the other customer had been changing the service address to their home address (multiple times). For 4 days in the stifling heat, we tried to get them to have someone come out. Finally, they said we could choose our own contractor. When I found one (within an hour) and called to tell them who it was, they told me I was not authorized to find my own contractor.

The only consistent thing about HSA Home Warranty is their ability to make customers wait (3 days for the change of address, hours of hold and wait time on the phone, days of waiting for a contractor to be assigned, days of waiting for the contractor, days to double check the phone recordings of the promises they've made and now want to back out of, etc.) DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I've also filed a BBB complaint. There is NO WAY to contact their corporate office and you will not speak to anyone here in the US if you call their customer service OR escalations department.

Home Security America Company Information