Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About HSA Home Warranty

Home Security America, commonly known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Get a quote online or over the phone to see what the company covers, what riders or add-ons are available and how much a contract costs. HSA serves 25 states, and its customer service line is open 24/7.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Easy quote process
    • Helpful online resources
    • Affordable options

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

HSA's home warranty options are straightforward. If you're interested, first make sure it operates in your state, then decide if HSA's coverage and pricing work for you.

Top HSA Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We bought our home almost 10 yrs ago in an area we knew very little about. The previous owner added HSA home warranty. ... They have the contractors who are very dependable and on...

Verified

We received this home warranty when we purchased our home. When the first year was over we were given an option to extend. ...about a month after renewing our furnace broke. HSA ...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Home Security America?

Home Security America, also known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Home warranties are service contracts that cover the repair costs for home appliances and systems when they break down.

HSA’s service process is simple:

1. The customer places a service request online or calls the 24/7 customer service line.
    2. HSA assigns a local service professional to the job.
    3. The service professional contacts the customer to schedule an appointment.
    4. The service professional repairs or replaces the broken system or appliance, and HSA takes care of the bill. The customer pays a service call fee.

Home Security America serves the following states: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Home Security America coverage

Coverage varies by state, but our sample quote for a one-year plan on a home in Illinois covered the following:

Plumbing
    • Water heaters and instant hot water dispensers
    • Plumbing parts and primary sump pumps
    • Routing of drain line stoppages
    • Water, gas, drain and waste lines
    • Polybutylene leaks
    • Toilet tanks, bowls and wax ring seals
    • Whirlpool bathtubs
    • Water heater sediment removal
    Heating and air conditioning
    • Central heat
    • Central air, heat pumps
    • Thermostats
    • Ductwork
    • Ceiling fans
    • Interior attic and exhaust fans
    • Central vacuums
    Appliances
    • Ovens, stovetops and ranges
    • Built-in microwave ovens
    • Trash compactors, dishwashers and garbage disposals
    • Garage door openers
    • Burglar alarms
    • Fire alarms
    • Doorbell systems
    Miscellaneous
    • Rekeying (up to six keyholes and four identical keys)
    • Failures due to lack of maintenance
    • Failures due to rust and corrosion

Home Security America cost

HSA home warranty costs vary widely. Annual premiums for standard plans range from $195 to $619. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, falls between $75 and $100. Our quote for a sample home in Illinois was $505 for one year and $100 per service call.

Our sample plan in Illinois also listed 11 potential coverage add-ons:

• Pool and hot tub combination: $175
    • Water softener: $40
    • 7 Star Upgrade (for more coverage): $149

Home Security America FAQ

Does HSA Home Warranty require home inspections?
    No, you can purchase a home warranty from HSA without a home inspection.
    Are HSA home warranties transferable?
    Yes. If you sell your home while it’s still under HSA warranty, coverage transfers to the new owner. You just need to contact HSA to make sure everything transfers correctly.
    Is HSA’s customer service available 24/7?
    Yes, you can contact HSA’s customer service at any time of day.
    Does HSA choose the service contractor?
    Yes, HSA chooses the contractor, who then sets up an appointment with the customer needing service.

Is Home Security America worth it?

Home Security America might be worth it for consumers looking to protect their home’s appliances and systems. Prices in some areas are steep, but there are affordable options, too. If HSA doesn’t provide coverage in your state or its prices are too high for your budget, we recommend comparing quotes from other highly rated home warranty companies.

HSA Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSA Home Warranty?

Original review: July 26, 2021

I recently purchased a home and was gifted a home warranty from this company. I have to tell you that the service I have received has been completely subpar. I called to place a service request when our a/c went out on June 12th. It is July 26th and I have been charged $200 (2x the deductible for a service call) and no one has serviced my a/c. The first company came out and looked at it and didn't even spend 5 minutes in my home, wrote to HSA that it was a "power failure" which I'm guessing is not covered and is NOT AT ALL THE ISSUE. I called when the issue had not been corrected and the company said they could not service the until to request another provider.

I was told that my first charge would be refunded and they would assign me a new contractor because at that time the original service details had not been provided by the first company. I was charged a second $100 fee and the same original company was assigned to my account. At this point, we were not staying in our home due to the lack of a/c and visiting my home for these service calls required a five hour drive. I drove a second time to meet who I thought was a new provider only to find out it had been assigned to the same company who said they could not service our unit. I called back and was told I would be assigned a new provider and they would come that day. I did not receive an update after waiting on hold for 10 minutes each call, by the way.

A few days later I received a call from a new service provider. They scheduled a time and then said they could not service the unit because it was raining. We then rescheduled for today and they were two hours late from their window and I was not able to make that time due to work commitment for myself and my wife. I requested a refund based on the fact that 1) the first company did nothing and their report of “power failure” is completely inaccurate and 2) the second company never came to my home to service the unit. I was refused a refund and refused the option to speak to a supervisor in the customer service department.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Don't waste your time with HSA b/c there are better home warranties companies. They will try their hardest to find an exclusion in the contract so they will not have to cover it. You will not know if something is covered until after you pay the $75 service fee, and a service team diagnosis' the issue. We found out twice now something that we thought should be covered was not. A simple blockage in the plumbing because the tech had to take the toilet off to access the pipe. Also the sump pump even though it clearly says sump pump is covered. Read the contract carefully if you do get them. It is very hard to get someone on the phone to talk to.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

We had this home warranty through buying a property. We had a dishwasher broken. They sent in a technician told us that the dishwasher is smoking and some parts needed to be replaced, or the dishwasher needs to be replaced. After THREE WEEKS, after numerous calls holding for hours and hours, they told us that they could not find the parts, so that HSA has to spend time to find the parts, which will take another 21 business days. In every call, the representative tells us different information, such as the technician never gives them any feedback, or the next day you will receive the updates. They are completely lies. This company is a complete cheating company. They never fix anything, and nothing comes out of their mouth is honest.

Original review: July 2, 2021

My dishwasher has gone unrepaired for 7 weeks now due to a part being on "backorder". Since it's been 21 business days with no resolution, I'm looking for either a full replacement or the cash out option so I can replace it, but they have given me the runaround for 3 weeks now. I've called 5 times, and each time I'm told they need to validate that the repair is still pending due to a backordered part and then they will "call me back the next day to discuss my options, a full replacement or a cashout option". All 5 times NO ONE ever called me back. Two days ago I was promised that a manager would call me back yesterday, and of course it never happened... This is what they do, keep you dangling at the end of string hoping that you will walk away so they won't have to pay a dime. They are a joke of a company. All you ever talk to are low level reps that have ZERO ability to resolve anything.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Stay away! Very dishonest. It's been 3 weeks without hot water and we have a new born in the house. They take at least a week for every step. It's been 2 weeks since I asked them to email me the estimate as they informed me that I have pay extra for things that are not covered. I still haven't got any email from them. They make you desperate so that you would just do anything to get things done and don't ask questions. I am glad my warranty is expiring in a month. I will make sure no one in my circle end up taking this warranty. There is no way you can talk anyone other than some low level customer care rep sitting somewhere in another country. Even those reps have limited info so they cannot help you if they want to. Everything is well planned to deceive people. Goodbye HSA!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Do not use this warranty company!! I wish I had read the many complaints. I have been without air conditioning for 4 weeks. I've called HSA 18 times to get the incompetent contractor A&A Airconditioning in Cleveland Oh. they are requiring me to use to show up to fix my air. After long hold times, speaking to people with broken English reading from a script to being hung up on several times or they promise to call me back with a resolution and I never hear from them.

The major problem is HSA uses the worst contractors. The contractor doesn't call to schedule an appt or doesn't show up once they set an appt. It has taken A&A 3 weeks and 2 visits to determine we needed a new Blower and another 10 days before they can come back to install the new part. If I haven't died from heat exhaustion by then I'll update this review to let you know if it was ever fixed!

Original review: April 26, 2021

The warranty says they will pay me $500.00 dollars for furnace upgrade. The contractor they sent me checked out my furnace and told me they would have to replace it, I told him I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient one with air conditioning. He quoted me a price that for a Lennox that I thought was high for a mid range efficiency furnace that wouldn't qualify for the local energy supplier rebate. I then checked with my local Lennox Dealer who agreed the furnace needed to be replaced and got me a made in America Lennox higher efficient furnace for a $1000.00 dollars less and qualified for rebate saving me another $450.00. So I'll end up with a better deal but HSA home warranty was worthless because the contractor they sent told them the burners were bad but no action needed and had told me the furnace needed to be replaced. Their contractor is a crook and HSA was no help.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had a broken water valve in my house. I needed help very quickly because it could not be turned off. If you are buying a plan you get a person, but if you need help you get an automated machine that takes ten years to help. There I was trying to catch freakin water and read off a credit card number to a damn machine to get help, WHICH IS WHAT I PAY THEM FOR AND THEY WEREN’T DOING. Not worth the money and I will absolutely never buy a home warranty from them ever again.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Don’t get HSA. They do not have emergency services as advertised. Their 48hrs or less guaranteed only applies to weekdays. As I had a leaking and busted water heater on a Thursday, they didn’t have anyone available until the following Monday to come and look at it and told me they were still within their 48hr window for service as stated on the contract. What??? Apparently weekends don’t count towards their 48hr guarantee, and the five plumbers I called that could come within the hour were not on the HSA listing so I had to pay out of pocket to have one come down to help me out. Luckily I am on Month to month and about to leave HSA forever. Good luck to those who love talking to people that can barely understand you and don’t care one bit about your emergency situations.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have used HSA home warranty for 13 yrs in St Louis and had A&E come to our home for repairs time and time again with no issues. We moved to FL 2 yrs ago and need repair on our fridge. We called HSA, which contracted A&E to fix it. The repair man came on Jan 16, 2021, diagnosed the issue and ordered the parts. They scheduled a revisit on Jan 29 to install, which they never came and never called. They also said on their system that we were not home. This is a total lie. I have a disabled husband and we are home ALL THE TIME. We called several times after the visit window (11a - 2pm) and were told they were on the way. At 6:30pm the agent apologized saying that there were no more agents in our area. Rescheduled for Feb 5 (sorry this is our next apt ), to which they did the same thing. Never came and never called.

Again for Feb 12. Again for Feb. 19 - which should be an apt tomorrow, but when I called today to confirm, I was told that no agent will be in this area and that the next apt is March 1. HSA will not send another vendor because the parts are from Sears. A&E keeps playing schedule games with me. So, as a consumer, I am completely screwed because I cannot get another vendor to come to install the parts and I am without a fridge for over a month now. Mind you, when the monthly draft is due, HSA happily takes the money out of my account. When I schedule a service call, HSA requires a pre payment. What is a consumer to do?

My kids told me not to write a review because I could "sound like a Karen". What does A&E care? They will get paid regardless of when they come. Tomorrow or next month. What does HSA care? They get my monthly payment. And you know what? If I decide to cancel my insurance, They will not miss my $600/yr premium AND I will have to start from scratch. So there it is my friends.... A sad story of a broken refrigerator and a broken-hearted house wife who just wants people to do their freaking JOB!

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

HSA Home Warranty Company Information