2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Home Security America, commonly known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Get a quote online or over the phone to see what the company covers, what riders or add-ons are available and how much a contract costs. HSA serves 25 states, and its customer service line is open 24/7.

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Security America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Security America?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Security America?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I called HSA to request a plumbing repair for a new leak I noticed in a copper line in my basement ceiling. The plumber identified the leak as being caused by copper pipe electrolysis. HSA said that this is "not normal wear and tear" and therefore not covered by my homeowner's warranty. Electrolysis is a process where copper pipes can be damaged over time by stray electrical current in the home. It is not an unusual occurrence in older homes, and in my opinion a part of normal aging of the house and should be covered. I was charged $75 for this service call and received no service. I would advise potential purchasers of an HSA home warranty to review the policy carefully before buying and look for this type of exclusion which will make the policy worthless when something actually fails in your home.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

If I could give HSA Home Warranty a NEGATIVE 100 Stars they have EARNED IT. For Home Owners and New Home Buyers BEWARE of this SCAM FRAUDULENT company masquerading as a legitimate home warranty company because all they are is a Answering Service where they hired a lot of retired people to just take your name and policy number and that's it. They DON'T provide any home warranty services. They also will charge you extra fees on top what you paid in full policy. HSA Home Warranty CSR will tell you they are sending a licensed contractor to your home and they don't. I found out that my Real Estate Agent Lee ** from Howard Hanna tied them to my Home Closing which lets me know that Howard Hanna and HSA Home Warranty got some type of under the table deal to register new home buyers to this fake warranty company.

I have just recently filed a BBB Formal Complaint and found out that HSA Home Warranty has 10,000 plus Formal Complaints along with Consumer Affairs where they document Thousands of Complaints. Just Google HSA Home Warranty. I also filed a Formal Complaint with the Ohio State Attorney's General Office and with the Ohio Department Of Insurance because warranties is under insurance. For those new home buyers that's being represented by Howard Hanna, make sure your Howard Hanna Real Estate Agent is not registering with this fake warranty company.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We submitted a work order for our broken AC 15 DAYS AGO... We have 3 kids sleeping in the living room because bedrooms have no AC IN JULY! HSA has sent 3 companies to do an assessment, but no fix is in progress. I’ve been waiting over 2 hrs for a callback from the supervisor (this in addition to numerous other calls we’ve made to try to get information). We’re losing patience. AVOID HSA! LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR HOME WARRANTY!

Original review: July 29, 2019

If I could give this company a negative review I would. My central air conditioner went out on July 3rd, 2019 so I immediately contacted HSA via email for service repair. A response said I would hear from a HVAC technician within 24 hours, well that never happened. When I called them to complain the gentleman who helped me tried calling repair companies that were not located in the USA. When I finally reached a local technician for HSA he said he does not get paid well from HSA so he would not be able to come out for almost a week. I then contacted someone on my own who was glad to come out to my house on July 4th and diagnose the problem. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 23, 2019

If I could give this company negative stars I would. I do not recommend going with HSA Home Warranty. I have had nothing but headaches dealing with them. I have been without central air for over a month and when my lower level of my house flooded due to a broken sump pump they refused to cover it because even though it was an emergency they expected me to wait for approval and an appointment for one of their contractors. Had I waited for them my house would have been a swimming pool. It doesn't help that nobody speaks English and they can't understand what you need. Give your money to a company that will actually do its job.

Original review: July 22, 2019

HSA is a horrible company. Any communication (over 15 months) outside of sales/renewal took between 45-60 minutes on multiple holds, often involved at least one disconnection with no effort to reconnect. The different departments have differently trained staff - sales/renewal clearly know everything but claims knows very little and is constantly saying, "I don't know."

When we actually needed them it took over an hour to get a plumber called in, and the one they assigned was literally the worst in the entire state - so bad they had recently changed their name to shake the bad reviews. I wouldn't allow them in my house - it took another 30 mins just to get through to an HSA rep to call them off. I hired an unrelated plumber on recommendation and the job was done well and quickly for not much more than the cost of the work order. HSA told me, and I quote, "We do not take customer experience into consideration" when determining which contractors to work with. That is a HUGE red flag.

I was also ASSURED I could cancel at any time with no obligation but was then forced to pay a $60 cancellation fee which infuriates me. I feel like this company stole my money. And it should say something that such an awful business is considered a leader in its industry. YOU DO NOT NEED A HOME WARRANTY. Save your money.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Home Security America is a 100% scam that forces you to use shady HVAC companies that will pad their bills to nickel and dime you on out of pocket expenses. I caught the company red handed and when confronted they have ghosted me for weeks. Here's how the scam works. They claim they will cover everything if it breaks but they don't cover additional installation costs that are needed. So the companies they use don't get paid anything on the covered work so they tack on INSANE fees. The company they sent me tried to tell me my line set was in my wall and needed completely replaced which would be several hundred dollars. I hired a second company to get another opinion and they showed me that the company literally made up all additional work and it wasn't needed. It will be cheaper for me to hire a different HVAC company and pay for everything out of pocket than to use my home warranty and pay for "miscellaneous expenses".

Original review: July 5, 2019

When our A/C unit stopped working, I logged into the customer portal to file a service request only to find that the address on my account was wrong. After HOURS of being on the phone with their customer service department as well as their escalation department, I found out that they had assigned the same account number to multiple customers and the other customer had been changing the service address to their home address (multiple times). For 4 days in the stifling heat, we tried to get them to have someone come out. Finally, they said we could choose our own contractor. When I found one (within an hour) and called to tell them who it was, they told me I was not authorized to find my own contractor.

The only consistent thing about HSA Home Warranty is their ability to make customers wait (3 days for the change of address, hours of hold and wait time on the phone, days of waiting for a contractor to be assigned, days of waiting for the contractor, days to double check the phone recordings of the promises they've made and now want to back out of, etc.) DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I've also filed a BBB complaint. There is NO WAY to contact their corporate office and you will not speak to anyone here in the US if you call their customer service OR escalations department.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Our tank was in-house when we bought our unit and the warranty at same time. It is a 30 gallon tank and more costly. So they said because of lack of water regulator claim denied. Took 72 hours to get plumber here and because it is Memorial Day weekend, I can’t get plumber here until Tuesday. What a waste of money - buyer beware

Original review: April 20, 2019

Liar and thieves. Paid to have annual ac unit serviced. The company they sent said I needed a new unit as I had a leak, if he repaired it and filled it would be 300$ but I would just keep having issues. We talk and He was very convincing so I applied for credit for a new unit. At this time I was told I had to pay another service fee to HSA for when he came out to replace the unit. So I do. After sleeping on it and being told my payment will be 300/month I decided not to proceed with the new AC unit. I call HSA customer service and cancel the work order and request my 100$ service fee to be refunded. I am told it will be 3-5 business days before I will see the refund and I am at this point provided a confirmation number as well.

After 6 business days I still do not have a refund so I place a second call on 4.18.19 and after being on the phone again for 1/2 hour I am told that my refund was just processed on 4.16.19 and I should see my refund on 4.19.19. At 5 pm on 4.19.19 I called HSA as I still do not have my refund. Now only to be told that HSA does not refund service fees. I explained that services were not provided though and therefore HSA was taking my money without providing a service. He also confirmed he saw the were service was canceled. When I asked him to confirm the confirmation number he said he did not need to because the person that gave this to me lied as well as the person I spoke with on 4.18.19 lied as they do not refund service fees and he has been trying to reach a supervisor to see if she can refund my money.

I explained every time I call I ask to speak to some with authority and they are nowhere to be found. As a result of my frustration I have requested to cancel my contract with HSA and advise this young man that I will contact the BBB in hopes of getting my 100$ back. He advised me I would probably be getting a call due to canceling from someone wanting to know why and he would send me an email confirming my request. Well well to add insult to injury they are going to charge me a cancellation fee!!!

Home Security America Company Information