Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About HSA Home Warranty

Home Security America, commonly known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Get a quote online or over the phone to see what the company covers, what riders or add-ons are available and how much a contract costs. HSA serves 25 states, and its customer service line is open 24/7.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Easy quote process
    • Helpful online resources
    • Affordable options

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

HSA's home warranty options are straightforward. If you're interested, first make sure it operates in your state, then decide if HSA's coverage and pricing work for you.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

HSA Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSA Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSA Home Warranty?

Original review: July 2, 2021

We had this home warranty through buying a property. We had a dishwasher broken. They sent in a technician told us that the dishwasher is smoking and some parts needed to be replaced, or the dishwasher needs to be replaced. After THREE WEEKS, after numerous calls holding for hours and hours, they told us that they could not find the parts, so that HSA has to spend time to find the parts, which will take another 21 business days. In every call, the representative tells us different information, such as the technician never gives them any feedback, or the next day you will receive the updates. They are completely lies. This company is a complete cheating company. They never fix anything, and nothing comes out of their mouth is honest.

Original review: July 2, 2021

My dishwasher has gone unrepaired for 7 weeks now due to a part being on "backorder". Since it's been 21 business days with no resolution, I'm looking for either a full replacement or the cash out option so I can replace it, but they have given me the runaround for 3 weeks now. I've called 5 times, and each time I'm told they need to validate that the repair is still pending due to a backordered part and then they will "call me back the next day to discuss my options, a full replacement or a cashout option". All 5 times NO ONE ever called me back. Two days ago I was promised that a manager would call me back yesterday, and of course it never happened... This is what they do, keep you dangling at the end of string hoping that you will walk away so they won't have to pay a dime. They are a joke of a company. All you ever talk to are low level reps that have ZERO ability to resolve anything.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Stay away! Very dishonest. It's been 3 weeks without hot water and we have a new born in the house. They take at least a week for every step. It's been 2 weeks since I asked them to email me the estimate as they informed me that I have pay extra for things that are not covered. I still haven't got any email from them. They make you desperate so that you would just do anything to get things done and don't ask questions. I am glad my warranty is expiring in a month. I will make sure no one in my circle end up taking this warranty. There is no way you can talk anyone other than some low level customer care rep sitting somewhere in another country. Even those reps have limited info so they cannot help you if they want to. Everything is well planned to deceive people. Goodbye HSA!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Do not use this warranty company!! I wish I had read the many complaints. I have been without air conditioning for 4 weeks. I've called HSA 18 times to get the incompetent contractor A&A Airconditioning in Cleveland Oh. they are requiring me to use to show up to fix my air. After long hold times, speaking to people with broken English reading from a script to being hung up on several times or they promise to call me back with a resolution and I never hear from them.

The major problem is HSA uses the worst contractors. The contractor doesn't call to schedule an appt or doesn't show up once they set an appt. It has taken A&A 3 weeks and 2 visits to determine we needed a new Blower and another 10 days before they can come back to install the new part. If I haven't died from heat exhaustion by then I'll update this review to let you know if it was ever fixed!

Original review: April 26, 2021

The warranty says they will pay me $500.00 dollars for furnace upgrade. The contractor they sent me checked out my furnace and told me they would have to replace it, I told him I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient one with air conditioning. He quoted me a price that for a Lennox that I thought was high for a mid range efficiency furnace that wouldn't qualify for the local energy supplier rebate. I then checked with my local Lennox Dealer who agreed the furnace needed to be replaced and got me a made in America Lennox higher efficient furnace for a $1000.00 dollars less and qualified for rebate saving me another $450.00. So I'll end up with a better deal but HSA home warranty was worthless because the contractor they sent told them the burners were bad but no action needed and had told me the furnace needed to be replaced. Their contractor is a crook and HSA was no help.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had a broken water valve in my house. I needed help very quickly because it could not be turned off. If you are buying a plan you get a person, but if you need help you get an automated machine that takes ten years to help. There I was trying to catch freakin water and read off a credit card number to a damn machine to get help, WHICH IS WHAT I PAY THEM FOR AND THEY WEREN’T DOING. Not worth the money and I will absolutely never buy a home warranty from them ever again.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Don’t get HSA. They do not have emergency services as advertised. Their 48hrs or less guaranteed only applies to weekdays. As I had a leaking and busted water heater on a Thursday, they didn’t have anyone available until the following Monday to come and look at it and told me they were still within their 48hr window for service as stated on the contract. What??? Apparently weekends don’t count towards their 48hr guarantee, and the five plumbers I called that could come within the hour were not on the HSA listing so I had to pay out of pocket to have one come down to help me out. Luckily I am on Month to month and about to leave HSA forever. Good luck to those who love talking to people that can barely understand you and don’t care one bit about your emergency situations.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have used HSA home warranty for 13 yrs in St Louis and had A&E come to our home for repairs time and time again with no issues. We moved to FL 2 yrs ago and need repair on our fridge. We called HSA, which contracted A&E to fix it. The repair man came on Jan 16, 2021, diagnosed the issue and ordered the parts. They scheduled a revisit on Jan 29 to install, which they never came and never called. They also said on their system that we were not home. This is a total lie. I have a disabled husband and we are home ALL THE TIME. We called several times after the visit window (11a - 2pm) and were told they were on the way. At 6:30pm the agent apologized saying that there were no more agents in our area. Rescheduled for Feb 5 (sorry this is our next apt ), to which they did the same thing. Never came and never called.

Again for Feb 12. Again for Feb. 19 - which should be an apt tomorrow, but when I called today to confirm, I was told that no agent will be in this area and that the next apt is March 1. HSA will not send another vendor because the parts are from Sears. A&E keeps playing schedule games with me. So, as a consumer, I am completely screwed because I cannot get another vendor to come to install the parts and I am without a fridge for over a month now. Mind you, when the monthly draft is due, HSA happily takes the money out of my account. When I schedule a service call, HSA requires a pre payment. What is a consumer to do?

My kids told me not to write a review because I could "sound like a Karen". What does A&E care? They will get paid regardless of when they come. Tomorrow or next month. What does HSA care? They get my monthly payment. And you know what? If I decide to cancel my insurance, They will not miss my $600/yr premium AND I will have to start from scratch. So there it is my friends.... A sad story of a broken refrigerator and a broken-hearted house wife who just wants people to do their freaking JOB!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased my house a year ago and it came with HSA. I typically do all my repairs, so I was undecided if I was going to keep them. Most of the appliances were older, several were 20 years old. If most were newer, I’m not sure I would have continued my service. Nine months after we moved in I had refrigerator and water heater issues, and more recently the furnace. I troubleshoot the water heater and furnace and knew what they needed. Both jobs I never took on before, so I paid my contractor fee. With all three appliances, I had an unexpectedly wonderful experience with HSA. Each time I called I was not on hold for too long of a time. Most if not all of the agents I talked to were easily understood, and I knew most did not speak English as their original language. After I answered all the questions I was given a Dispatch ID number.

With two of the three issues I had, I was called by the contractor within 5-10 minutes. One took a half-day. I have read other reviews, if they've changed...well...I guess I've come in at the right time. I had a refrigerator, gas valve and zone valve replaced and it has saved me my time and money. So far, I believe I am ahead considering the time and cost of doing it on my own. So far HSA is great, if that changes, I might too.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I've had HSA home warranty for 15 years. It was provided by the seller for 1 year and I decided to continue with it. I have made 3 claims in 15 years. I called to schedule a service call and they set me up with a company that has terrible reviews. So I asked for a different company to come out (of their choice) but I was refused. Every call I have made to them in 2 days I was put on hold or should I say ignore for hours! I called for the last time and was going to cancel my warranty since it is up for renewal but was transferred numerous times after each representative told me I was being transferred to the cancellation department but I never made it there. I never had this problem before. I've always spoke to someone in the USA not overseas. This is a very unfair practice for a loyal customer and for anyone who is a customer! I would give minus 10 stars if possible! I'm finished with hsa!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

If you like to wait on hold long hours, have a major language barrier in communication, and have a company basically not cover anything, then this is the place for you. I needed a shower drain basin replacement which was not covered. Found out the only plumbing thing they cover is drywall. Had a separate issue with a leak over the front door that ended up being a siding issue, which guess what? Was not covered. It’s more expensive and covers less than the very first company I found besides them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

This company is AWFUL...if I could give it 0 stars I would. Since we moved into our new home a month ago, our refrigerator has been broken. Not exactly the type of appliance you want to live without. The previous owners bought a warranty with HSA and so we have no choice but to use them. We have had calls in which we've waited on hold for over 2 hours. The repair people they keep on container in our area have inflexible schedules and could not service the refrigerator for 1 week.

When the repair company finally came, they had to order a part from HSA which didn't arrive for 8 days. The diagnosis from the company which HSA assigned us was incorrect. We are now waiting (again, ONE MONTH after moving into our new home) with no word from HSA on when they will be sending the 2nd part to the repair company. My husband just waited on hold for an, spoke with a representative, who then put him on hold for ANOTHER hour. A company like this should not be allowed to operate! Or at least forced to hire more call service reps! The most frustrating part is we had NO CHOICE in which home warranty company we have to use!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

On 6-11-20 I submitted a claim online for my washing machine, a service call was scheduled for 6-17-20. The service technician stated the unit was nonrepairable and that we would hear from HSA in 1-3 business days to start the replacement process. After day three I had not heard from HSA. I called and after a forty-minute wait finally got through to a representative and was told I would receive and e-mail in 3-5 business days. I received the e-mail to start the order process for a new washing machine.

I had a Maytag Bravo machine and was looking for a comparable unit. I did some research to see which of the wash machines HSA offered were close since the Maytag Bravo was not an option. There were three wash machines I felt were close but still not as good as the Bravo. I selected my first choice, item not available. I selected my second choice, item not available, I selected my third choice item not available. Every other option was sub par. I then decided to see what the cash option was. The cash option was purchase the unit of your choice send in your receipt and you will be mailed a check for the cash out option which in this case was 489.75.

On June 25th I submitted my receipt for a new washer for 674.80 this was the same Maytag Bravo brand. I received an automatic reply that I would receive a reimbursement check in 7-10 business days. After 10 days I had not received a check, I called HSA numerous times and after 30-40 minutes on hold gave up. One day I was on hold for 2hours and 12 minutes and still was unable to get a hold of a representative. Over the 3 days I called and called and finally decided to wait until I was able to speak to someone, this also was over a two hour wait. I was told a check was cut on July 5th and I should be receiving it soon.

I finally received the check the first week of August and it was dated July 24th. The customer service reps at this company are terrible, they do not listen to your concern and always use scripted responses, I'm sure they are reading from their computer screen. After spending over 20 hours on hold with this company along with the lack of customer service and the loss I took on the wash machine which should have been able to be replaced, they were unable to fulfill their end of the contract I decided to cancel my contract.

Now add insult to injury my contract expires in March of 2021. There is a 50.00 administration fee if you cancel early. I asked because of all of the time spent and the challenges I had working with HSA if this fee could be waived. The rep said she did not have the authority to do that. I asked to talk to a manager or supervisor and was told she could request via e-mail that one reach out to me within 24-48 hours.

On 8-16-20 I have yet to hear from anyone. There is absolutely no way I can recommend this company. It's obvious they do not have enough employees manning the phones, the scripted response only makes the situation worse, the time it takes to resolve an issue is far from timely. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration and do not contract with HSA. Please note HSA is a subsidiary of American Home Shield. Do not be fooled by this.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The customer service is horrible and they will waste hours of your time. They do not vet the contractors they provide. Waited on hold almost 20 minutes where the call was then transferred to another department where I waited another 20 minutes until the call was dropped. Have to now recall and wait another 20 minutes to start the process over. They hire the cheapest contractors to fix the work. I am trying to get a roof fixed, they sent a contractor who stated he fixed it. The next day it started leaking worse as he just rerouted the leak to another area.

I followed up with another service and he then stated he does not work on metal roofs and couldn't fix it. He stated to call HSA, HSA then sent my request back to him to fix. So I now have to spend another hour on the phone. Their operators do not know how to resolve request and there are not online tools to fix it. I also paid HSA a service charge to send a contractor who wasn't qualified and didn't fix it, and now have to pay another service charge for have it attempted again.

Original review: July 28, 2020

DO NOT BUY a warranty through these people. I'm on my 36th day of no refrigerator, I've wasted so much time between HSA and the contractor fighting with them for a solution. I finally just bought an new one and I'm canceling this service. I can't describe how frustrating this process has been. You are never allowed to talk to anyone else besides the "customer service" rep who is trained to say "I understand" or "I'm so sorry". Obviously not sorry enough to help and fix the problem THAT I AM PAYING YOU TO DO! Buying a new fridge was not what I wanted to do, but the only way out of this nightmare. Again, DO NOT BUY!

Original review: July 27, 2020

Horrible customer service and none of the rep speak English. I placed an order on the evening of 7.5.20 to have my hvac repaired. I never heard anything about from anyone regarding the status the following day. I called the next day and she advised they received my order and someone will get back with me. I called again and each time it was 30 minutes to an hour hold time. Each time I get some on the phone they can't speak English, I was not able to understand them. I asked for a supervisor and got hung up on instead.

I finally got a hold of the company HSA use & no availability until Friday a week away. I live in north Carolina and the weather is 90+ each day. I requested another vendor and was told someone would get back to me. Today is the 8th of July and no call back, nothing. They allowed me to stay in my home in scorching heat and no air conditioning for a week. No call back. No follow up. Nothing. This company is horrible and the customer service is absolutely unacceptable. They finally sent a technician out, the first guy tried to get in my attic without a proper ladder and he fell on my dryer and dented it all up. A supervisor had to come & finish his job. I have air now, but brand new dryer was destroyed!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

Requesting a contractor (and taking my money) was quick and easy. The contractor that came to my home advised me to call HSA because they were notoriously bad about follow up. I called more than once because of outrageous hold times. Once I finally got someone I was on the phone (and on hold) for more than 3 hours. I had to hang up because I had work-related phone calls. I still have no resolution to my issue nor do I have any way to provide feedback to the company or escalate this issue.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I have been going round and round with this company on the repair/replacement of a washing machine since April! After over 4 weeks of "repair" service attempts, they finally agreed to replace. My options were to order an appliance directly from HSA, order an "upgrade" from HSA and pay the difference, or take an allotment and purchase myself. It made more sense to order directly, however of the 25 models presented to me, NOT ONE, was available. Due to the COVID pandemic, my local stores did not have available units.

After several weeks, one did come available with HSA and I ordered immediately. That was a month ago, and the delivery company shows ZERO records/orders submitted by HSA to them. And when you log into your "account" there is NO RECORD of the appliance replacement order. The shipping/delivery company representative stated that she has DAILY complaints/calls from home warranty consumers who are getting the runaround. That is very telling.

I typically spend 1+ hour on hold waiting for a representative. However I have waited for as long as 2 HOURS and 20 MINUTES for a call to be responded to. I would not recommend this company at all. The only reason that I have them is because it was part of my home purchase. I did not have a choice in the company as it was seller purchased, but would highly recommend that if anyone has a choice, to RUN AWAY. Not worth the money! Also, my credit card has been charged for the disposal fee of the old machine, which is still in my house!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I have been a customer for 16 years. Until it was bought by American Home Shield it was OK. After acquisition service got worse. They will keep both you and the technician on the phone for such a long time it makes it not worth loss of your time. Good reputable contractors will not be willing to deal with them, therefore you will get second rate companies with lesser technicians who may not diagnose the problem correctly, will not fix it right away and it will cost you more in form of money, wasted time and aggravation. I even think it is their business model to waste so much of your time and energy that you will fix the problem outside of warranty using your own funds.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I am ready to cancel my service with HSA, my fridge has not worked for 22 days, (still not fixed) and with way too many calls to them holding on as long as 73 minutes, with several calls over 20 minutes while on hold. I was to have service today between 8-12 to repair at 2:30 I called HSA and they said the service call would be tomorrow between 8-12. I tried calling PYK appliance who they scheduled to come out for the repairs (you would have thought I would have gotten a courtesy call from PYK appliance to say they would not be here today, I had cancelled Dr. & other appointments so it could be repaired, but now I will have to change my plans AGAIN! NO MORE HSA for me, I am fed up with HSA & PYK for sorry or NO customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2020

My experience with HSA is very negative. Every time I call I spend at least 40 minutes waiting to talk. They send shady companies to estimate, and those estimates are always twice higher than the ones from independent companies. Our septic's electrical part was not working. But contract is not clear and they could interpret it in their way to deny coverage. Same was with our dishwasher electrical board. Would not recommend it to anyone. Just a waste of money.

Original review: June 24, 2020

My AC has been out for a month. It's summer, it's hot, and I'm pregnant. I've made this company aware of the issues and after they ordered the wrong unit TWICE, they ordered a back-ordered part and I was told its going to be another 2-3 weeks before I can get the replacement part. I've tried to contact management or a complaint department, but they just gave me an address to mail a written complaint to. This is unacceptable in this day and age and this is a health risk at this point and we should not have to pay out of pocket for fans and AC units to fix an issue that should have been resolved weeks ago in order to protect my health.

Original review: June 23, 2020

We have been without A/C for 4.5 wks now. I have Respiratory issues & asthma. I've called in 5 times to the main 800# looking for someone to either connect me direct to the Cash out Dept. or give me the Cash Out Dept's. direct #. I'm still waiting. They consistently fail to give me the # or have a Supervisor call me. That has been happening now for 6 days. I've spent daily up to 4 hrs on hold. The Service Technician, which took 2 wks for him to show up has recommended we replace both the Condensor Coil & the Compressor, as both leak. We had this same Technician come out last summer for the same issue, so we have paid 2 service calls in a yr's time for the same problem. Another Technician stated the system is a sealed system & should have been ordered to he replaced last yr. instead of a bandaid.

The 1st call was simply a temporary fix never fixing the problem. The call I did get from HSA advised they are authorizing 100% of both the labor & equipment costs. Yet their only paying 40% of what any one contractor has quoted for equipment & labor. Even the Service Technician they sent out says the total is $4060. to replace the equipment & labor. We have a 5k limit per equipment per our contract. Yet HSA is only paying 1,900 expecting us to pay the other 2160 for similar equipment that is actually a subpar brand to the brand we currently have. I want HSA Cash Out Dept. to explain why they're not covering the full cost of replacement and let us hire our own Technician & reimburse us for the $1900 or more.

I need to speak to the Cash out Dept. ASAP. We've paid for a Home Warranty from HSA for 7 yrs. I never will recommend anyone deal w/ HSA. they use the subpar techs for HVAC as HSA doesnt pay them well so the Techs add in extra uncovered charges. No one can replace a Condenser & Coil for $1,900. We need action! To be able to get Cash Out Dept to call us. Never again!

Jill

Original review: June 18, 2020

We have had an HSA warranty for over 10 years. We pay the monthly premium and the service fee every time a service request is placed. On a few occasions, things have gone smoothly and the repair is done in a timely manner. Most times, however, this is not the case. HSA uses the huge costs of AC repair in their advertising as being the main reason to purchase a home warranty. They, however, have no intention of ever replacing an AC unit that needs replacement. Our AC started having issues about 5 years ago. We have paid to have it "fixed" at least twice a year since then. The repair men who have come out have repeatedly recommended replacement because they know the bandaids they are putting on won't hold. HSA has never authorized it but, instead, will only pay for parts (that normally take 2-3 weeks to get).

May 5, 2020, the AC unit again stopped working. We paid the service request and the contractor, Redeemed Heating and Air, came out within 2 days. They diagnosed the problem (a part that had already been replaced in recent repairs) but said it would take 3 weeks for the part to get in. 3 weeks later, they came and installed the new part. That same day, the AC stopped again. I called Redeemed and asked them to come back out and they said they couldn't come back out for 6 days and I would have to call HSA to have a "Recall" put in to authorize them to come back out. EVERY time I have to call in to HSA, I'm on hold at least 45 minutes (no, that's not an exaggeration) before I can speak with someone, so it always stinks to have to make that call.

When a rep finally answers, I explain the situation and how 6 days to come fix it is unacceptable since it's already been almost a month without AC, so I request for them to send a different contractor to come out who can get to us in the next few days. He says he has to confirm with Redeemed that they can't get to us within 48 hours, but, at this point, it's 5:10 and Redeemed is closed. I explain that I had already called them and that's what they told me but he can't take my word for it and must talk to them himself. He says he'll have to call back tomorrow to confirm that they can't get us in. I ask that instead of me calling in and waiting 45 minutes again, could he call me back when he confirms with the contractor? He agrees and promises he will do that. The next day comes and goes and I don't receive a call.

I call back the following day and, 45 minutes later, finally get to speak with another rep. I explain AGAIN what is going on and he again tells me he has to confirm with Redeemed. I don't know why they can't take my word for it, but they treat customers like lying idiots. He puts me on hold so he can call Redeemed. I hold, and hold, and hold. After being on the phone for 1 hr and 32 minutes, I have to accept the fact that he is never coming back. So, I hang up and dial HSA AGAIN. 45 minutes later, I am again explaining to another service rep the situation except this time, I am adamant that I not be placed on hold and that they just get me a new contractor. Of course, in the same breath that she says she will definitely "help me out with my issue" says she will just need to place me on hold to confirm with the contractor that they can't get me in. I swear these reps don't actually understand English and are reading off a script.

I finally accept defeat and agree to be put on hold again. After 10 minutes, she comes back on and confirms what I had been telling her the entire time, except now they can't get us in until the 11th!! So, I explain that that's ridiculous and I'd like another contractor. She tells me they don't have another contractor who can come so she can just place me in a queue that contractors can pick me up when they have an opening. Um, so your solution to get me a repair faster is to put me on a list with an indefinite contractor and an indefinite appointment time? Obviously, that doesn't thrill me so I ask if I can choose my own contractor since they don't have one, and she refuses, even though the contract states that that is in fact how it should go. I ask to speak with a supervisor and she actually has the audacity to not only say that's not possible but then she asks me why!

I give a very quick run down of why I feel like I need to speak with a supervisor and she says she will put me on hold to check if one is available. She immediately puts me on hold and after a few clicks the call ends. I am ready to SCREAM at this point and decide to just forget dealing with HSA and accept the fact that no one there cares and I am just stuck with waiting until June 11 to get the AC repaired. June 11th comes, and no one shows up. I call Redeemed to ask why no one came and she informs me that HSA sent out an email on the 6th cancelling the appointment. So, they cancelled the appointment but never got another contractor to replace them. So I am back at square one.

I literally want to cry at this point, but instead pick up the phone and wait 52 minutes this time to get to speak with someone. This time a very pleasant rep comes on and apologizes for the stress and has no problem getting me a new contractor. She assigns Premier and they are able to come out 2 days later. They find that what was wrong with the AC was actually a bad coil and that this had obviously been a problem for a long time (so all those other $75 service calls I paid for were a waste). They tell me they will get in the diagnosis to the approval department ASAP. I wait all day Sunday and Monday and hear nothing from either company, so I call Premier and she explains that HSA's phones had been down all day so she wasn't able to submit the diagnosis and they aren't allowed to order parts or do any repairs until they've received permission to continue from HSA.

I call HSA, and, of course, 45 min later, get to explain the situation again to a new rep who tells me the phones aren't down and she can't do anything except to send Premier an email explaining the different ways that they can submit a diagnosis for repair approval (including fax). Apparently, the reps I can speak to have absolutely no way of getting in touch with the approval department. So, I wait all day Tuesday and call Premier again and they, again, insist they didn't get an email and that the phones are still down. So, I call HSA back again. This time, I wait 55 minutes to speak to someone. They again insist that the phones are working but they have no way of getting the approval dept. to move on the diagnosis or contact Premier. So Premier can't move until getting approval from a department that refuses to even answer their phones, I realize that I am out of options and ask to speak to a supervisor again.

I explain that I was hung up on last time I requested this and he assured me, he would stay on the line until a supervisor picked up. He actually did. 3 HOURS LATER, I FINALLY got to speak with a supervisor (I have taken a screenshot of all these phone calls showing the call time length just because I knew it would seem like exaggeration). After explaining all the details, he apologizes and says he understands my frustration and is sad that I've had to go through all this. He explains, however, that other than sending an email to the approval department to ask them to reach out to Premier to get the diagnosis, his hands are tied and he can't do anything for me. He offers to refund the $75 service fee and I explain that instead I would much rather him just follow through with the email and with Premier making sure that I don't have to call back again to make the two companies cooperate with each other.

He insists that he will do that and will also refund the service fee. I thank him for the gesture and breath a sigh of relief knowing that this whole ordeal would be coming to an end. That relief was very short lived because the next day came and went and I heard nothing from either company. Today, I tried calling Premier and they won't answer the phone. I texted them requesting a status update and three hours later, have still heard nothing. I am getting ready to call HSA again but am feeling so defeated and frustrated that I decided writing a review for LITERALLY the worst company I have ever had to deal with, might be more productive than calling, being put on hold for at least 45 minutes, promised I would be taken care of, and discovering I've been lied to again and again and again. It's a cycle that I have no idea what to do about. I'm at a loss.

The worst part of all of this is I (a 38 year old woman) am not the one having to live in the home with no AC. It's my parents who are in poor health and in their late 70's who have been sleeping on the couch sharing a fan for the last 45 days that have been suffering. They actually sit outside all day where it's in the 90's because it's cooler out there than it is in the house. I'm looking at other cooling options like portable ac's and window units because it's unbearable now, but shouldn't have too. The reason I bought this warranty for the house was so we had the peace of mind that these things would be taken care of. I have had other home warranty companies on other homes I've owned and while none of them are perfect, they are all much better than HSA. If you are shopping around, please take my advice: run don't walk away from HSA.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This warranty was part of a new house purchase. I never would have bought from them under any other condition. I have been trying to get an appliance fixed for 3 days. Yesterday they told me a tech would be out between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today (which is a ridiculous window to make somebody wait). Now here we are at 3 in the afternoon still no contact from the tech and when I call the tax company they have no record of the claim. So my wife's sat at home for 7 hours today for nothing waiting for these idiots to show up. I have now been on hold with HSA's 800 number for 23 minutes. This is by far one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. That lethal combination of incompetence and zero customer service.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This service intentionally makes themselves unavailable. No email address. Incredibly long phone hold times. Can't get hold of anyone. Sorry I've spent money on their poor service. When they do answer, they continually ask to put you on hold again and again.

Original review: April 14, 2020

This is the worst home warranty company I've ever dealt with. They provided us a plumber to replace our water heater who did not properly installed it. A year goes by and we have another plumber here to fix a pilot light issue to which he mentioned that our water heater was not installed properly and is not up to code. Home Security America refuses to fix the problem by continuing to say "we will call you back" or "we cannot get in touch with this company" or a million other excuses. We will not be renewing our plan with them and will smear their name every change I get. I will happily delete my comments once my problem is fixed.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Same as everyone else. We have been without a refrigerator for TWO MONTHS. We are a family of 5, with a newborn baby. Unfortunately the people we bought our home from fell for the HSA scam, and we were hopeful that we would be able to get some results from them when our refrigerator tanked. The contractors have done the same (intense and inconvenient) job three times, and nothing has been fixed. HSA refuses to replace the unit, and says that they need to continue to try to fix it until it is deemed unfixable.. which will be never. I’ve wasted a lot of time and energy dealing with these people, please do not do the same!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I purchased a home in September with a home warranty thorough HSA. In January the dishwasher stopped working, so I put in a service request with HSA. I was given a 4 hour time slot for the service request. The technician then came to my house an hour earlier than the 4 hour window that HSA gave me so no one was home to let the technician in. I called HSA and was told that it was my fault for not being home during that time and would need to submit another $75 request with HSA to have my dishwasher serviced. There was even a point where the HSA person tried telling me I had the technicians time wrong and it was my fault for not being home during my allotted time slot (while I had my confirmation email with the time slot time stamped in front of me during our call).

Eventually I got another technician scheduled to come out to look at the dishwasher. He told me the dishwasher needed a new part and he’d have it mailed to my house and be back to install It. I received the part in the mail but never received further communication from the technician or HSA. I received an email from HSA letting me know my service had been completed.

I emailed them back to let them know that the service had not been completed, as I had an uninstalled dishwasher part currently sitting next to my broken dishwasher. No response from HSA so I called for the first time to follow up. I was told I needed to call the technician directly and was given a number to call. It was a spam number offering me promotions to cruises and car services. I called HSA back again after and received a different person in the call center. This person told me they reached out to the technician and I would be receiving a phone call from the technician directly within the next 24-36 hours.

After 48 hours of no call from a technician I called again. This time, the person on the call center told me she needed her manager to open me a new ticket for my request. She told me she was working with the manager to get a technician out to my house that day so he would fix the dishwasher. The call center person told me this would take some time but she would call me back that day to fix the dishwasher. This was two days ago. I haven’t received any communication from HSA or a technician since. Long story short, it’s now nearly March and I still don’t have a working dishwasher. I’m most likely going to need to just purchase a new dishwasher because I am out of ideas for getting HSA to service my request. Do not purchase this warranty.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I purchased this home warranty when I purchased my new home two months ago. I was informed they were super helpful, and boy was I told wrong. They charge $100 nonrefundable service fee just to have a technician come out to your home. I was having plumbing issues, and they sent out a plumber who was unable to assist me. I called and asked if they could send out another plumber and I was informed it would be another hundred dollar service fee. I told them the plumber they sent arrived at my house and immediately told me he could not help me and left, and they still did not care and said it would be another hundred dollar charge.

I asked if I could receive a refund since no work was done on my home and I still had the same issues I called about. I was informed the service fee is nonrefundable and they are not able to assist me in any way. They then proceeded to ask if I would like to open another ticket. I informed them that they had the worst customer service I have ever seen and told them they had just lost a customer. I would not recommend this warranty or company to my worst enemy!

HSA Home Warranty Company Information