Home Depot - Roofing

Compare Roofing & Siding Companies

Research top Roofing & Siding Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I chose HD to install a new roof based on prior good experiences. I will not make this mistake again. Project delays. The work started more than 2 weeks after it was quoted to be done. This caused us a number of problems with our home sale process. At not time did I get the sense of any sort of urgency on the part of anyone in the HD organization, nor was there any acceptance that this was a problem. The HD "project team" lied to me about scheduling delays. They claimed that the late project start was due to permitting delays. Two weeks after being told this I called the city to ask about the delay and was told that the permit had not yet been applied for. In fact, the city has a 2-day maximum turn-around on permits. It appears to me that they intentionally misquoted the lead time, then tried to push the blame for it onto the city, hoping that I wouldn't follow up with them myself.

The installation manager never once answered his mobile phone through the course of the project. I tried a dozen times or more, and not one single time. I left messages that he said he didn't receive, and even the project team couldn't get him to answer his phone - until, of course, he wanted me to sign off on completion and billing. Clean-up after the job was not good. Lots of debris was left around, walks not cleared off, and generally not up to expectations, given that HD's bid was thousands more than the other contractors. They came back to finish the job after I refused to sign off on completion, but this cost me yet another week of lost time selling the house. The bottom line for me is that I feel that I paid more and got less from HD on this project. I chose HD hoping that they would have management systems that would make it a hassle-free, on-time project without complications. Unfortunately, HD absolutely failed to deliver.

I had roof done. Major leak damage occurred. Roof was eventually repaired seemingly effectively. During the process I was assured interior damage caused exclusively by the leak would be repaired to my satisfaction. Matter was turned over to insurance company. I submitted contractor reports and estimates indicating the entire section of popcorn ceiling would have to be redone as patches would be detectable and not satisfactory. The first estimate was unrealistic, but the second was about $8,000 (for only that section; I didn't ask to do remaining 2/3 of ceiling as there is a beam divider and i wanted that section to be uniform).

Based on inspector's report, repair would only be to patch the two affected areas in two different locations within the section. Insurer wouldn't budge and could care less about the look of the repair. When I went back to HD, I was told that it was in the hands of the insurance company and the people contacted could not or would not get back involved. In other words, despite the promises, damn the customer. While I appreciate the effort of the project manager who did what he could to correct the problem on the roof, I deplore the attitude of HD in telling the customer it was being abandoned. I would never do another job with HD.

I had a new roof put on by Home Depot "roofing experts" in 2001. Within 6 months I had a roof leak. I called HD, they gave me a very difficult time. I finally reached a manager of the home repair dept. He said he looked at the roof, "fixed" it and I would not have another leak. This summer, the same area did leak and caused tons of damage inside. The roofer that is repairing my roof said the shingles were applied incorrectly, nailed above and below the tape and not on it. The roof area had a low slope and should have been fixed differently. That was never discussed. Too late for me, I am getting a new roof and costing me plenty!! Do not hire Home Depot!!

I feel as if I should have known better and feel taken advantage of. HD installed siding and gutters on my house a year ago. It cost me roughly $14k and they promised to do it right. They underestimated the materials and never contacted me. I only found out when I called to ask about the delay. We agreed on a fix and the service was rescheduled. Then came the real problems. First contractor crew was slow and more interested in scrapping my siding for beer money than anything else. They were taken off the job after ripping off my brand new front door and a new lead from the same company was sent out. They seemed to do everything properly and I was initially happy... until the shortcuts and mistakes started making themselves known.

First a piece of siding hung off my home because they attempted to secure it with a blind screw instead of using a properly sized j-channel and snap lock punch. Then the entire finishing strip on the back of my home came loose... again not properly fitted into the j-channel with a snap lock punch. Then a window wrap started coming off. Upon further inspection they improperly installed every window and door wrap. This allowed water in which warped the underlying framing lumber. No flashing was used anywhere.... complete botch job that will require an entire teardown to fix.

Then the front of my home started having issues. The top row of siding on my first row not secured into the j-channel with a snap lock punch. A j-channel was used to start and hold the second floor siding which began to sag and separate as it was improperly installed, used and allowed no path for water drainage. I also have huge gaps where the siding meets the corner posts, improperly installed vents and improperly installed exterior outlet. My HD installed gutters began to leak also where they meet the fascia. They were not properly sloped or installed.

These guys are supposed to be the experts and get the job done right. They are supposed to have a great warranty and customer support. They don't have either really. It is difficult to get someone here and takes a lot of heated complaints to get things moving. Currently they are starting to see what they can do... but... it has taken a month of calls, emails and facebook posts to make that happen. Who knows what the end result will be. Either they fix it or I try to sue them or their subcontractors.

The trouble is not worth the end result either way. Your best bet is to avoid this company as good service is a real crapshoot. I feel that HD and their subcontractors believe that doing the job they were paid to do right is going above and beyond. I wasn't aware that meeting minimal performance objectives was not a reasonable expectation for HD; I am now though. Wish me luck.

I got a roofing appointment at 10 am today which is Wednesday June 29. I wait until 11 - that's no one coming. I call to Home Depot customer service, she said my appointment moved to tomorrow 12 pm and can't give me a reason why my appointment got move and no one inform me. The ridiculous is, I got the confirmation called in Yesterday, said see me 10 am Wednesday 6/29. Home Depot, if you cancel/remove my appointment, please inform me, since today is my working day. I just request a day off for this roofing appointment. So disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

BUYER BEWARE!!! I had my roof replaced by Home Depot. They did an excellent job on the roof, and they were neat and friendly. My BIG problem is with the paperless method of doing business. I received my "receipt" through email, which I have no problem with. But then I missed a VERY important part of that email, which is that somehow the color of the roof was changed! I saw the money part and thought that was what I needed to review. (Wouldn't you?) I never dreamed that the color would not be what I ordered. The blame falls on me because I did not catch the error until the roof was put on, and there was no hard copy showing my selection. I'm VERY UNHAPPY that my roof isn't the color I had expected. If you use the Home Depot for installation, review EVERY INCH of your contract!!!

We had Home Depot re-roof our home 5 years ago, and just after the 5-year warranty expired our roof started to leak. We contacted Home Depot Installations and they sent out a roofer to inspect. He said there was nothing wrong with the roof installation and that our problem was due to condensation. We then hired an independent roof inspector and his report said that more than 70% of the nails were improperly done. Improper placement, overdriven and underdriven nails, and that there was water ingress at these points soaking the felt underlay and resulting in slow leaks.

After discussion with Home Depot Installations and Home Depot Head Office in Canada, they decided that this was not their problem. We are considering taking Home Depot to small claims court since the shingles were not installed per the manufacturer's instructions. We have spent a great deal of money at Home Depot in the past, but their failure to fix a job done improperly ensures we will not use Home Depot again for anything and will make sure we let others know that they are not a reputable company to buy from.

Not happy with the job that was completed. Wish I could give less than 1 star. The manager jerked me around. They missed several appointments after I had to take off of work to sit home waiting. They finally came and didn't complete the job, left a mess, damaged my property then less then 3 months later I had a bad roof leak and it damaged a mattress that was only a few months old. Now the insurance is giving me a hard time and they do not want to cover the damages. Worst experience of my life would not use them again!

In 2011 we had our roof replaced by Home Depot Home Services. It has been nothing but problems from day one, from wrong color of shingles installed to leaks in roof since installation. We have a 25 year warranty on roof and craftsmanship. With each problem including damage to ceiling from leaks, Home Depot has stonewalled us, taken forever to return calls and when contractor (Donahoo Roofing) did show up, he complained to us because of the times we contacted Home Depot to try to get a response. Three weeks ago another leak occurred. After several calls Home Depot sent someone out to repair the leak. Three days later, it rained again and roof still leaking. Have been trying since then to get Home Depot to fix it and getting the same runaround.

Now have ceiling damage with sagging, stain and mold. When the roofer mentioned above, finally called us, he said to spray solution of bleach and water on it. He said he would be out to check roof maybe Friday, Monday or Tuesday when he is in the neighborhood??? It's now Monday. Will not allow this contractor to touch our roof or ceiling. We have left message for Home Services Manager at Home Depot advising him that we no longer wish to deal with Donahoo Roofing. They need to send a professional roofer and a professional to repair the ceiling. I do not recommend either Home Depot or Donahoo Roofing for ANY projects.

I had a small roof installed and skylight all from home depot. I had nothing but problems with the person that was in charge. He never called back when needed. Then they gave me someone else. Same thing happened. Never called back. Those people are terrible. I had nothing but fights with them and they still didn't care about the project. Now 4 months later I have nothing but water stains on the ceiling. I called them and the same guy never called back. Finally I called the roof people and they said that there was nothing wrong with the roof. But I had a problem with some pipe on the roof and that he told the same guy that's in charge of the installation FROM HOME DEPOT and again he never called me back. So I called the roof guy and he said that he was going to call him. Then finally he called me back and told me the same thing as the roof guy.

Another words the problem now is mine. They said that this pipe was cracked and water was coming in. I looked at the pipe on the roof and I didn't see any crack. Those people are no good. You talk to one it's the same as talking to all of them. They all need to be fired. It's beyond me how home depot is still opened. These people from Home Service are no good. IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF HIRING HOME SERVICE FROM HOME DEPOT YOU'RE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE. By the time you're done with them you will be so stressed out and sick with all of them. Don't do it. You will be sorry.

The roof replacement was incredible and reasonably priced below five other reputable roofing contractors who advertise in the penny saver, on TV and radio and with flyers when they knock on doors handing them out. The guy who sold it was extremely knowledgeable and professional and told me just what would happen, when it would happen and how much it would cost. And that's exactly what happened. They showed up at 7 am a few days before thanksgiving in 2015 when they said they would show up, a day before scheduled because it was supposed to rain on the scheduled date. Ten guys showed up and got straight to work. They had all of the shingles of my house off and in a dumpster they brought with them by 9 am.

They had all the job done by 3 pm, two groups working at the same time on different parts of the house. Unbelievable efficiency! It is a 2500 square foot house with a steep roof, and a two car attached garage! I was told by all other contractors it should take two to three days, but Home Depot was done in 1 day. I also got a new account set up with no hassle that included 2 years with no interest on the Home Depot Credit Card to pay for the whole job.

A few days after it was installed, I noticed a few loose nails when looking out one of the bedroom windows and a hip shingle coming loose on our bay window roof (which was originally not really expected to be part of the roof). I called the rep that sold it and told him about it. They sent one of the guys out who went back up on the roof and swept for any loose nails and trash they may have left behind and he came down with a small bag full of trash. They also fixed that shingle that had come loose. I was really pleased and would recommend Home Depot Roofing to everyone. They are not perfect, but very fair and way more trustworthy than these other co's out there charging the same as Home Depot or more than Home Depot who tried to convince me they were better than Home Depot.

January 2014, I decided to hire Home Depot to install a new roof onto my Sun porch. Although Home Depot was double the price I received from other roofers ($2300, other contractors $800-$1000). I decided to go with Home Depot because I wanted a warranty and felt that they would be around in 10 years to honor the warranty in case something went wrong. Little did I know that Home Depot contracts their work out. As a result I received a botch roof and refused to sign off on the work order on the initial date of installment. Three days later we had some rain and of course my roof leaked. I notified Home Depot and believe it or not it took them over 6 months to stop my roof from leaking. Over the course of the 6 months, my ceiling became damaged with water stains.

Home Depot requested me to submit a claim to their insurance company who in return has been giving me the run around. Their insurance agent Sedgwick CMS has been doing everything in their power to not pay for my ceiling to get repaired. When I provided them with the estimates per their request they gave me the run around stating they did not receive it. I sent it to them again and again. Eventually they tried to put the claim on the third party contractor's insurance agent. Needless to say they are refusing to make me whole. Eventually, they sent out an adjuster who estimates did not come close to the three estimates I provided and refusing to negotiate. It's been over one year and my ceiling has not been repaired.

On October 22, 2015 I entered into a $16, 000 + contract with Home Depot for a roof tear off and replacement. At that time I was told that it would take about 6 weeks to complete the job and the job would be done before Christmas. Having received no updates or scheduling I called Tony ** on December 14, 2015, eight weeks later, to find out if the job was scheduled. He stated it was scheduled for the end of January, an additional 6 weeks. No actual date for the scheduled service was provided. I asked for the number of the installation manager. Larry told me that he didn't say the end of January, he said sometime mid-February.

Again, no actual day for installation provided. An additional 2 weeks. Six weeks suddenly turned into eighteen weeks with no actual scheduled installation. Home Depot has not dealt with me in good faith and has blatantly and consistently lied to me about when the work would be done. Meanwhile, damage to my home is occurring because I believed that the roof was going to be replaced in a timely fashion and didn't make arrangements for additional repairs. Had I been notified in October that there was a four to six-month wait, I would have made other arrangements. The Home Depot team members secured a sale with a lie leaving me to wonder if it is the policy of Home Depot to lie to clients in order to secure a sales contract?

Over a year ago, my mother contracted with Home Depot to replace her roof. We've had numerous problems which are STILL not fixed. #1. a dumpster, used to collect old roofing, severely damaged her driveway. The sub-contractor for the dumpster refused responsibility. #2. The downspouts have not been taken out to the alley way. She now has lots of flooding in her basement. #3. There appears to be a leak over her garage doors. Perhaps it comes from a problem with her roof? There is water dripping all the time. In the winter this will freeze! My mother is 88 years old. She walks with a walker and is unsteady with her footing. I've tried several times to get these problems addressed so she will continue to be safe. The garage is her only access to my car for doctor's appts, etc.

Home Depot did a fantastic job on my roof here located in White Plains. The crew was not only prode signal, but went above and beyond my expectations. They were on time, clean with their work but best of all I got 2 years of no interest on my Home Depot card. A+.

Home Depot sent a group (no English spoken) from about one hundred miles away, who forgot to bring tarps to catch the tiles. So they threw them from the roof into their truck backed up to the house. One of them (it turned out with no license and unable to drive) attempted to move the truck but REVERSED, instead of going forward. He crashed into the house, but far worse, he pinned a fellow-worker against the house. That man was close to death when the ambulance I called arrived. I was prevented from following his progress (if any): The Home Depot sub-contractor refused to discuss it. I "saved" about 12 percent against the hiring of either one of two local roofing companies that have been in business for many years. Foolish in retrospect.

Seven years later. It was hard to find the Home Depot representative to ask him to check a saucer-shaped depression about eight feet in diameter and three inches deep that had developed on the roof. The roof was guaranteed for ten years. When, finally, the representative called ("Phil No-last-name") he sent someone out. "Ah, BUT the depression must have been due to a failure UNDER the tiles. Only the TILES are guaranteed"! Before you get The Home Depot to find the cheapest outfit out there, I would suggest you consider local businesses with a reliable history.

My husband recently retired and we decided to put his retirement money on a new roof since ours was in need of replacing and we aren't getting any younger. We call Home Depot and had someone come out to give us a estimate and explain the great warranty. He was very specific about things that had to get done and about how well trained their roofers were. Well, they didn't speak English so we couldn't communicate very well with them, but they were nice and worked hard. They did our Porch roof which wasn't supposed to get done and forgot to do the flat room on our house and adjoining house, which we had to pay for. They didn't do the trim around the chimney right, etc.

The day after our roof was done, we had a rain storm during the night. We woke to water dripping in our bedroom. Called them the next morning, said they would be out to fix. When they came he said it was the flashing on the dormer which they say is NOT part of the roof. We have been back and forth for three months for them to fix leak that wasn't there when they started. Have talked to other roofers and they say that it is part of the roof and is always replaced when they do the roof. They have been out here at least 6x. WE ARE NOT SATISFIED. I feel we have been ripped off. And our roof still leaks. Good job Home Depot!

Eric, the guy from Home Depot that came out to my house to sell me the roofing/gutters was pleasant and nice. No issues there. It was after I paid for a portion of the gutters that the issues started. I kept calling to get an appointment for the installation and no one would return my calls. It took over a month to finally get someone out to my house and that was after I had to call Eric and complain about it. After they rescheduled my initial appointment, they no-showed. I had taken off a full day of work to be home. They didn't call or anything. Trying to get a hold of someone was a joke. The actual people that did the installation (M&M Gutters) were very nice once they made it out to my house. Once the installation was complete Home Depot had no issue calling me 17 times over the weekend while I was on vacation so that I could complete my payment for the horrible service and experience they offered.

The night after I paid we had a huge rainstorm and I realized that the gutters were not extended far enough. I called the next morning and was told that someone would call me back on Monday. That was yesterday. I haven't heard from anyone. I wish I would have put a stop payment on the rest of the amount I owed until they finished the damn job. I won't be using HD in the future for any home projects. The HD customer service is horrendous. Oh, one last thing. I have asked multiple times for them to send me a final bill or invoice and I have yet to receive it.

We had a great experience with HD roofing on our investment property through Cherry & Clark roofing and decided to go with HD again even though their quotes came in 20-40% higher than other companies. The estimator guaranteed Cherry and Clark would be doing the work and It would done to the same specifications so we were ok with paying the premium. From there it all went downhill.

The roof was done by a group of unidentified people in white shirts with no branding of either home depot or cherry and clark. Seems they had outsourced our job to another company without our knowledge or approval. They rushed through the job finishing in one day which normally takes 2-3 days for our size roof as confirmed in previous contractor quotes. Later to find out squirrels had lifted up the shingles and got into the attic due to poor workmanship. We proceeded to express our concerns to upper management who refused to help in any way. Terrible experience!! Don't assume because they are a big box store they are going to stand behind their product/workmanship. Seems to me that profit is the be all end all.

I'm writing about the disastrous experience with Home Depot gutter installation. The initial service to schedule the estimate was scheduled promptly. However, the Home Depot representative did not bring the color samples along at the time of the appointment so I could not pick the color. I brought out the actual paint sample that I wanted and gave her the specific brand and name of the color and she indicated that she would match it. Home Depot hires a contractor to do the work and an installation date was agreed on. I took time off work to be home for the installation, which is required. On the day of the installation, I received a call from the contractor that Home Depot had not given the a color for the gutters and they were unable to install the gutters at the scheduled time. One would think after this goof, that Home Depot would be on top of making this right, but it took a week for them to contact me about picking out the color.

This time I was given the color samples to choose a color and I picked the color. Another week went by and I had to contact Home Depot about setting up the installation date. We agreed on the date of installation and again I took time off from work to be present. The day of the appointment came and I had received no information about the time. I called Home Depot and the contractor and found out that the contractor did not have me on the schedule for installation. The Home Depot people are all very pleasant on the phone, but the problem is they are unable to coordinate setting up the service they advertise. This should be an easy process, but they just don't follow through on any aspect of the service. I will not use Home Depot installation services in the future. I will be better off working directly with a contractor.

It started 2011 first time. No one spoke English to tell them that they were not doing the job properly and left a very big mess. Second, they had to restart the whole project over and it started to snow so they covered the house up with a heavy tarp and covered gas water heater and sewer exhausts thru the roof. Call both companies to fix the oversight. No one came out to even look at it. When they installed the roof line meeting the house wall they did not put any kick out on the wall so the siding of the house wall needed replacing. They came out and estimated the repair of the wall $1,1000.00 shy of the cost of the repair. And they only want to pay what they think is good for them. When will the big companies realize that the little guys are making their business grow?

I had a new roof put on my house (job # **) in June of 2010. I was told that it was guaranteed for at least 20 yrs. problem free. Well it leaked this past winter and I need someone to come out and look at the damages and to correct the problem. I have visited my local Home Depot and they gave me a number of a District Manager whose number is no long in service. Please have someone get in touch with me asap.

On March 29, 2015 I signed a contract for the installation of a new roof for my residence with Home Depot. In the contract Home Depot is supposed to complete the installation by April 30, 2015 and the company started sending me project update emails. And I got the Step 5 update on 4/9/2015, with the last step 6 to come, i.e., the installation. In the mean time, I was told the installation permit had been done and the material for the project had been ordered using my financial account, for which $2,475.00 was paid.

All of sudden, on April 18, 2015, Home Depot sent an email, saying that the project had been cancelled. Because of a liability issue on the conjunction areas with flat roof, they said they could not do the installation. The Home Depot estimator visited our home more than three times and inspected closely before he gave us the bid. In fact, its bid was about $2,000 more expensive than another roof contractor, but we were induced by the Home Depot reputation. At that time we got three bids and no other contractors mentioned any liability issues.

Even though Home Depot said they would refund the money that they spent for the material purchase, we are very upset and frustrated because we plan to sell the house right after the roof installation, due to a job offer in a different state. We said to the estimator such situation of ours at the time of executing the contract as well. We feel so abused. Our little dream is being shattered by a giant company, who keeps saying that Home Depot's goal is to satisfy all of our customers. Agonized in Lakewood.

Home Depot gave me an estimate of $13,880 for a roof replacement on a 1200 sq ft home. Although I'm not having issues w/ the roof, a roof replacement was recommended by my insurance company to lower the insurance premium. I received 2 other estimates from local roofing companies, both quoting the exact roofing as HD for $6800.00.

On 2/22/15 we contacted Home Depot and requested to be transferred to their Ceiling Department. We spoke with ** regarding cracks in our house ceilings. She got our information and said a contractor would contact us. Same day, ** called and said he affiliated with Home Depot. Same day he came to the house and mentioned that he would fix the ceiling for living room kitchen 1 bedroom bathroom paint the two bedrooms, and remodeled the bathroom. Two hours later he called us and informed that he would charge us a total of $4343.00. We asked him how long the job would take he stated about two weeks top. We told him that we would have a newborn in the house and would like to job to end before the arrival. He agreed.

The next day he came to the house and was given a check for $2200.00 then he wrote on a piece of paper the amount we deposited and the remaining balance of $2143.00 then signed it. On 3/2/15 he came in with an older gentleman and they started working in the kitchen's ceiling, then he left and left the guy to work by himself. He came back at 4PM then left for the day with the guy. The next day he came and did the same thing. The third day he came back alone and stated that the guy was sick so he proceeded with the bathroom. He demanded $200.00 extra for more materials. It was given to him. Then he mentioned he would be going to Florida on 3/7/15 and would be back in three weeks. He still had one bedroom and living room ceilings, and the two bedrooms to paint that were not completed. He demanded the remaining amount $2143 in addition to $200.00 we gave him. He was paid in full.

On 4/3/15 we called he said he was still in Florida and that he would come complete the job when he returned. We have not heard from him. We called him several times to no answer. We contacted Home Depot who referred us to Redbeacon. Neither company was able to assist. Instead, Redbeacon refunded $500.00, which we thought, was unfair. Please help us.

In October 2015, I contracted with Home Depot to replace roofing my rental 4-plex. The HD sales rep promised it would be completed within 15 days of signing the contract. Well, it took almost 2 months before they got to it and a couple more months to get the building permit all signed off. And this is with multiple follow ups on my part. In addition, the job ended up costing me $10,000 more than original contract amount because the sales rep failed to do a proper thorough inspection, not sure because of incompetence or deliberately low balled in order to get the sale. By the time the additional work and cost were discovered, I had to accept it because the roof was already opened and it needed to be completed or risk getting the whole building soaked with the forecasted rains. So beware of this business.

This all started when a Home Depot sales rep came to my home to get a contract on the replacement of my roof. At that time there was a special offer of $1,500.00 off if the job cost was over $10,000.00. So somehow the total price got to $10,433.00 when it should have been around $6,000.00 total according to a local long time roofing company here in St Augustine. After deducting the $1,500.00 discount special amount the roof total cost ended up at $8,933.00. I just plainly got over charged for the roof by $3,000.00 and then after your subbing out the job to a contractor in Jacksonville Fl who then sent workers to install the roof, the workers that came to install the roof didn't appear to be professional and didn't have all the proper equipment to do the work, they didn't even a ladder to get onto the roof.

I noticed that they didn't install the ridge vent on the front of the house as was stated in the contract that there was 72 ft of ridge vent and they only installed about 48 ft on the main roof. I questioned the workers and they assured me that I didn't need the vent on that part of the house as it was lower than the main roof vent and would be more efficient if left off. Later I was in the attic and discovered that the front part of the house was not open to the main house roof and that there would be no place for that area to vent not having a ridge vent.

They didn't clean up the nails in the area around the house and I got nails in my tires and in my feet, and they piled the old metal flashings up against the side of the house and scratched the paint, for that I was offered a $100.00 gift card (that I was supposed to get anyway after installing the new roof.) I had to buy a new tire as I didn't feel comfortable having a plug and patch in the middle of a tire, my tires were getting near to replacement so I decided to have four new tires put on. Someone told me that they could pay for one tire but not the four, but I never heard any more about that.

There was a problem with the eave trim on the south end of the roof and a face board was replaced and not installed properly, that came back to correct it and were not happy with having to do it, there was a lot of foul mouth cussing from them while doing the work up on the roof about not getting paid for coming back and about me, I was very upset and stayed in the house until they finished and left. Because of being over charged $3,000.00 I decided to not engage in any more large projects with Home Depot such as kitchen cabinets, Gutters, fence, electric panel and patios that I have completed from other contractors.

The man that came 10/21/2014 and installed the ridge vent on the front part of the house and repaired the ridge vent on the main part of the house did an outstanding job and was working alone. He was from LWR Lewis Walker Roofing. The problem is that the special $1,500.00 discount seem to have been a misconception as it doesn't show up in the sales contract.

I recently got a quote of $15,500 from Home Depot Lilburn, GA store to have my roof replaced with Atlas shingles [Job # **]. After checking I got two estimates from two reputable roofing companies to have this job done; one estimate was for $7,000 and another $8,000. I went back to Home Depot in Decatur, GA. and spoke with one of the pros there and found: Atlas shingles are subpar to GAF. Shingle/supplies for the job - $2,500 [96 bundles of shingles] using GAF. Contractor to do job - $1,500 [10 workers 10 hours]; total cost about $4,000. Home Depot Pro noted professional company should not be over $8,000. I explained my numbers to the estimator Mr. ** and he was suppose to call me to discuss; he never did. Home Depot has an excellent repetition. But I also know when something is wrong; this is wrong to price gouge customers. Even worst to tell the customer you will call and don't.

DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT!!!!! I got my roof done from them in 2010 and it's 2014 now, the roof is leaking like crazy. I called them when my roof was leaking and they told me to give them 3-7 days for a tech to call me back!!!!! I was like WHATTTTTT!!! My roof is leaking, the ceiling is leaking water from my electrical fixture and from other places, sheet rock has been destroyed, moisture has been built within your walls, insulation has been ruined, who will pay for this??? They finally send someone on site after 3 days, the guy barely spoke English and then they blamed the windows???? I know for a fact it has nothing to do with the windows, they are properly sealed and silicone professionally. I got a second and third opinion from other contractors and they both said, "there's nothing wrong with your windows." I will be suing home depot for all the repairs. I wish I hadn't paid them all the money that I owed them. I paid 10 GRAND for this project to get really bad service. STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT!!!!

First off the salesman comes out and sales use on the Peace of Mind Warranty Roof, suppose to be guaranteed for as long as we own the house. When they did the installation though they didn't use the material that was required for the lifetime roof. They tried to say that wasn't the roof I was sold but the salesman had already gave me the warranty paper. So they gave me some money back, not much, for using the cheaper material and said it was still covered under the lifetime warranty. Well you might say why didn't you just make them redo the roof? I tried to, they wasn't having that. So since the installation they have been out here fourteen different times because the roof is leaking around the chimney and they can't get it stopped. Now I have water damage in my hallway ceiling sheetrock and it's cracking. This has been nothing but a nightmare. The roof they took off was done by a local carpenter with no warranty and we had no problem with it. So much for big company's reputations.

Home Depot - Roofing Company Profile