Home Depot - Roofing
  • 1 star
Based on 78 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Home Depot - Roofing

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

107 Home Depot - Roofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

It took almost 8 weeks to complete the job, the third and final crew finally got it somewhat right. But we are still having problems with the billing aspect. We got a Home Depot Credit Card at the start of the job so that we could put the balance owed on it with no interest for 24 months as I stated on the amended contract. But without our knowledge the balance was put on my Visa credit card with very high interest, I did not give authorization to use my credit card.

I am a 100% disabled veteran and my wife is very ill and we did not need all of these troubles. I will never use or recommend to anyone services from Home Depot. It has been a total nightmare, and it is still taking a long time to get the balance switched from my Visa to the HDCC. Also it would have been nice to have English speaking Americans doing the job so that we could have communicated with them instead of illegal aliens. You all know it is against the law to hire them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

In 2015 I signed a contract for a new roof with Home Depot. That K (contract) does not mention a subcontractor of who it may be. I never signed a K with the actual roofer. Home Depot never came and got on the roof to check it out as the Home Depot woman told me they would. First rain, the roof leaks, I contact Home Depot over and over and they do nothing. IN 2016 there are MORE leaks and Home Depot does nothing. In about NOV of 2016 a woman contacts me and asks for the rest of my payment and I say no way, get out here and fix the roof and I have interior damage also! It takes them 6 months and continuing interior damage before they finally get the leaks fixed. The roof is a incompetent installation.

They finally agree to tear off first roof and out on a new roof. That was finished about 3 weeks ago. They made me go through their claims "process" for the interior damage. Home Depot is self insured. I just found that out. Home Depot turns around and dumps the claim on the roofer and then I had to deal with the roofer's insurance company which was a NIGHTMARE. All the damage was a result of a bad roof. But insurance did not want to pay what was due. I had to file complaints with the local DA, Contractor Licensing Board, and the Consumer Affairs Division of the state. It took them ELEVEN months and two state agencies to get them to settle the claim three weeks ago!

The first big rain was last weekend and guess what, the second NEW roof leaked! Home Depot said I had to go thru their "claims process". I said, "NO". Then they agreed yesterday to fix everything. Then today they said, "Forget it, go to claims". So many people have suffered damage, emotional distress and sheer torment because of Home Depot's fraudulent practices. If you are interested in being part of a class action suit, let me know.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Live in Florida and after an inspection from on of Home Depot's roofing estimator, whom did an outstanding job, I received the following quote for a roof replacement that was damaged by a recent hurricane. The quote came into what my insurance company stated it should cost to replace it, the documentation from my insurance company was sent to Michael before the inspection.

On November 13th at approximately 11:00 a.m., I contacted the sales person and stated that I would like to go with Home Depot to get my roof replaced and we agreed to meet at 6:00 p.m. at the house that day for my deposit and for me to sign the required paperwork. After my verbal acceptance I informed the other companies that I had quotes from that I would not be selecting them. At 4:30 p.m. I received a voicemail from Michael saying that the Home Depot is no longer doing the “insurance program, and that Home Depot cannot do the insurance pricing right now”. I called the salesman we talked that it was his management that is dishonoring the quote and that if I wanted Home Depot to replace my roof it will cost approximately twice as much.

The next day, I contacted Home Depot's customer care call center and once I got the roofing section, the care person on the other end of the line was just as confused and I was on why you would not honor your quote, that she understands that Home Depot may have just changed your business model but any outstanding quotes should be honored. She put me on hold and apparently talked to the roofing manager for Central Florida. When she came back online she apologized profusely and simply said that the manager will not honor it since it goes against their business plan. She was as shocked as I was by the answer.

The funny thing is that I found the core values of Home Depot and they are; “Building Strong Relationships -Trust, honesty and integrity are the foundations of strong relationships. We demonstrate these principles when we listen and respond to the needs of our customers, associates, communities and vendors.” And "Doing the Right Thing - We strive to understand the impact of our decisions. We accept responsibility for our actions. We do not tolerate dishonest or unethical behavior. We do the right thing.”

This is my confusion, maybe after retiring from the Navy after more than 20 years for faithful service and damaging my body in the process, I have a different understanding of trust, honesty and most importantly integrity. Also, can Home Depot please tell me how not honoring an active quote written by that your company because it not does not fit your newly elected business model is in line with “not tolerate dishonest or unethical behavior?” I understand that you are a business, and you are there for profit and creating value for your shareholders, I get it. But I feel that if you do not live within your other 7 core values that you have published then what value are you creating for your shareholders tomorrow and the day after tomorrow?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Home Depot replacement roofing sounded good. I was willing to go with them because of the warranty. They suppose to have took seven weeks for the roofing process. My roof was already damaged due to the storm. Home Depot delivered over 100 pounds of roofing material to my home and set it on an already damaged roof. It have been raining almost everyday in Florida and the roof is leaking worst. I have called several times and the situation is not being resolved. I am literally outraged and disgusted with how they treat their customers!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My roof was done 3 times in 1 year. Had no problems until 5 years later. Shingles were wavy but I had no leaks. Home Depot sent someone out. He put a few nails in and asked if the wood underneath was replaced. It was. My roof leaked in 4 spots of my house just over a week after that. Now home depot says it's my siding, windows and no gutters and are refusing to fix the problem. I'm getting a breach of contract lawyers. Has anyone sued Home Depot about their roof?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am writing this review in hopes of preventing someone else from having the issues that we are having with the roof that we contracted with Home Depot Services to install on our home in Cutler Bay, FL. We signed a contract in November 2016. We chose Home Depot because we knew they have been in business for a long time and they would be a company that would be able to honor their warranty and not close like some other small businesses. What we got is a horrible product and service and even dangerous conditions.

Home Depot ended up contracting our work out to the same exact contractors that we were choosing not to contract to. They did this without notifying us at all. When the workers showed up- they did not have one person who spoke English so it was impossible to communicate with them. They completed the roof but did not install the roof vents that were supposed to be included, they had used a type of pry bar to "peel back" the siding of our home which we are not sure why because they did not even replace the flashing on our home, they did not clean up any of the material that they threw on the ground including nails and roofing papers, and finally they left a hole in the corner of our home that bats found and entered our home.

Home Depot has admitted that the work is bad and has accepted responsibility but has not paid us one cent nor fixed the following items: Bats in the attic- We had to pay to get the bats out of our attic- we did this with the understanding that Home Depot was reimbursing us the money with our claim. To date we have not received a dime of that money.

Bat Feces/Urine in the attic: This is a really serious health hazard and to date Home Depot has not paid for this work to be completed nor will they pay for an air quality report to see how bad this damage is. They have said they are going to pay, but again, we have received nothing. We live in a hot, humid climate and my wife has a very compromised immune system but they are not budging. Unfortunately we do not have the funds to have this work completed on our own. The vents for our air conditioning run through the attic so it is very concerning with the risks of histoplasmosis and other health issues that can be present in this mess.

Siding repair- Our whole front of the house has siding that has been pried away from our home and is now uneven and wavy. Water and insects are able to get between the siding and structure which is concerning. Home Depot asked for a quote for the repair which we got and got very inexpensive but they again have not paid us to get the repairs done nor have they sent anyone else to do the job right. At this point we just want the house in that area to look like it did before they started the job. We have photos of the home right before the project and after so there is no doubt when the damage occurred.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I wish I would have read this site before contracting with Home Depot. I paid almost double what I would have with a local contractor because I thought Home Depot would be trustworthy. I was selling my home and needed a roof replaced. The inspection report returned with a problem on the roof. Turns out they installed the improper type of material. Now they want to “fix” it by putting a different material on one section of the roof. After all the money I paid, this is unacceptable. Does anyone know who I can contact for help?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Signed a contract and paid a deposit in July 2017. Job has been scheduled 3 times now and they are still a no show! Have a time issue due to homeowners insurance and I'm really very frustrated! If I hadn't needed to finance it I would have went elsewhere, I am at their mercy!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Horrible, the roofing tile I wanted was not what I got, damage to wood moulding, back wall damaged, and sloppy craftsmanship. They did not back up the work. Inspector was rude and argumentative. Stay far away from Home Depot. They are a nightmare. Once they get the money they are done. The sales pitch is all a lie!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They overcharged on all the materials. They said they were top of the line material like the shingles but when I went to return the extra shingles and they had doubled the price. I couldn't get a breakdown on prices of material and labor for my insurance company. They only had a total price. They used some of my own tools. From the road it looks like crap. Once they got their 15,000+ they don't care. They left nails all over and shingle pieces and dust in the gutters and on the deck.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Home Depot install new roof for my house at the early 2015 including new roof chimney cover which took few more months to be completed. After some windy days, one Spring morning we found one of the new chimney cover disappear, and found it on the ground of neighbor's yard. We sent the photos to Home Depot and file a request to re-install the chimney cover. After several visit to the Oakland store, the customer service people promise to have someone to call me at June 23, 2017 the latest. Few more visit... Still nothing done.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased a new roof ($30k-plus) for my new home in May 2017. It took about a month to get the permits, which is understandable. I received a call that the job would start shortly thereafter. Even more so, the new roof comes after a nine-month renovation to the home, which concluded about two weeks ago. Our initial project manager was non-existent. After our materials were delivered August 9th, they remained untouched for a month. Then Hurricane Irma potential becomes eminent and the project suddenly starts! Two days before the storm's arrival, Home Depot insists on starting the project against our will and introduces a new project manager. The installer's work commences for at least 12 hours over two days.

In the midst of the storm water is now pouring everywhere in our family room. Our new furniture and electronics are getting ruined. Our artwork is removed from the walls. And we're steadily manning water spots with so many containers. At some point the room will become uninhabitable and perhaps a hazard. What's more, our roof has debris and materials that were left on top of our roof, which now can serve as projectiles during the storm. The installer left a large propane tank and the large tar machine remains in my driveway after I insisted that the installer remove it. My family and I had to put away the company's raised ladder, which was left standing at the back of the house before the storm.

Stacks of plywood was piled everywhere by workers; we moved those items into our storage unit. An electrical cord was left plugged in hanging from the top of our roof. I had to climb up on the roof, examine the origin, and then remove it. Upon my discovery while surveying the roof, a wheelbarrow and other items still remained there. I simply could not remove them down in time.

This is not my first time using Home Depot for home improvements. I purchased gutters and hurricane shutters. Interestingly enough, I had another issue with shutter installer, too. All but two windows received shutters even though the contract specified all. Home Depot representatives told me that the two windows, both small bathroom windows, were accidentally canceled and would be immediately installed.

The initial installation took place in late June. Last night upon the hurricane's arrival and at 12 a.m., the installer shows up to install the last two windows after weeks of calling Home Depot reps to follow up. We finally get in touch with the installer and he says he's been "busy with other projects" and couldn't get to me in time... two months later? This is unacceptable.

I'm perplexed by the hasty decision-making that took place via Home Depot's representatives. As the consumer, I made it clear that it was not a problem to wait until after the storm to start the project; instead I requested the company to remove the materials so that they don’t become a hazard during the storm. Friendly reminder: this project is costing a good $30K-plus.

Now I'm in a bind not only to complete the project with a company I’m displeased with, but also to restore my already, recently remodeled family room; I’m not sure if Home Depot, through its own omission, will take responsibility for its own actions and recover all that has been lost. The level of inconvenience this causes is beyond reproach. After this experience I simply cannot recommend Home Depot for services to anyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Home Depot of Wilmington, DE came to my home to give me a estimate and stated that the work would be done and done the Home Depot way. Well it was done by using my ladder without permission. My heavy duty is about 400lbs which the guys used and while lifting broke my spreader, and while up on my roof they cracked and broke the crown molding at the top but below the roof job. After the roof was complete, I showed the inspector the damage and I was told they would send me a Home Depot gift card for the spreader that was broken and they would get a estimate for the crown molding and have it fixed.

Now mind you that the crown molding is old but it was not broken and it is now a eye sore and home to squirrels. I just want Home Depot to own up to what was done. Reimburse me for my spreader and fix the damage crown molding. P. S. They knock my chimney off and the just covered it with roof materials which I was okay with but the molding and spreader I'm not!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I got Gutters and Leaf Guard installation from Home Depot after recommendation from sales person of Home Depot Dan **. He recommended that after we install this, no clogging would happen and we never have to worry about water going over the gutters and water will flow properly through gutters. He recommended some areas with commercial gutters. We took his recommendation and paid $5900 for the installation. Since then, we still have the same issues and now one of the gutters downspouts is busted after clogging.

We have been trying to get this issue resolved for over a month. James ** came for the inspection on 20th June, 2017 and made us aware that Leaf Guard does not work. The sales staff just sells and service people have to deal with the issues. He also mentioned that the whole house should have been installed with commercial gutters to minimize the water going over the gutters. It seems Home Depot gets the work done from third party company and they are unable to get hold of them and resolve the issue. Now James ** does not even take the calls and returns back the message left for him. Home Depot is not standing behind the representation they made before this install.

Original review: July 14, 2017

After my roof was damaged by hail, I went with one of the approved vendors on the list from TD insurance, seeing that Peak Installations was linked with the Home Depot name. That was a huge mistake! They were extremely unprofessional, swearing like hoodlums and making a huge mess. I could handle that as long as the job was well done, but it wasn't. They left the front of the house looking horrible! The fascia was bent and wobbly and when I complained to my insurance company (TD, which I'm thinking of switching) Peak came back out to fix it when I wasn't home. They managed to make it look even worse. The fascia is all dented and a metal piece is sticking out from the side of it, too. Some random person at TD decided that this was good enough, even though I sent pictures and the woman handling my file agreed with me that it looked worse.

It's a huge mess, and no one wants to take responsibility for it. I would never trust these people and will think twice about the Home Depot name as well. If anyone has a good insurance company with excellent rates (other than TD) I'll switch that, too. A friend a few streets over from me is with another insurance company and ended up with Peak Installations as well. They broke her sliding door. So on top of the roof hassle, that had to be replaced. Don't trust these guys.

Original review: July 8, 2017

The roof Home Depot has cost me a fortune. When under warranty it leaked. Now out of warranty and I have had to pay for the leak around the chimney due to the flashing done incorrectly twice and they did not replace a gutter properly which has now ruined a large picture window. Plus they charge much more than other roofing companies. Beware!

Original review: June 19, 2017

About a month and a half ago my roof contractor and myself ordered 4,000.00 worth of supplies to do my roof. The order was going to be delivered the next day. It wasn't. The delivery service said he had been calling us all day and was unable to reach us. This wasn't true. Neither of us had him on our caller ID. When he finally did call he claimed he couldn't find my house, so stated he would try to deliver Monday, this was a Friday. He did come Saturday morning after I spoke to Home Depot. When he got to my house he said he knew my neighbor and had been to my road many times. It was one of the 1st nice days we had here in Maine, so I'm guessing he wanted today off.

Late May I bought a washer, dryer, fridge, and stove they were scheduled to be delivered June 6th. I stayed home from work to wait. Around 5:30 I get a call. The man said, "I've had a very bad day and need to make your delivery tomorrow." Ok, I took another day off. I was told the company would call me in the morning. Around 1 pm I called them. They didn't have me on their schedule and my stuff wasn't on the truck. At this point I had given my old appliances away so I had nothing. The next day, Wednesday still no delivery and another day taken off from work.

Finally got my stuff Thursday. Delivery guys were nice but left some cardboard in my back yard. I was just happy to get my stuff. Went to use my dryer a couple days later and the door latch was broken, can't use my dryer. Called Home Depot and they basically told me there's nothing they can do and to call manufacturer. I did and the manufacturer has been very helpful getting the dryer fixed for me.

I've spend almost 8,000.00 in the last month and half and Home Depot has not been helpful at all, just excuse after excuse. I'm remodeling my home this summer and needs lots of stuff, wood, flooring, paint, carpet, and hardwood floors. Replacing furnace, front deck, floors, carpet, painting, new cupboards, countertops. I guess my money isn't a big deal to them because they've lost my business. Will be heading to Lowe's from now on. I can't believe anyone could be worse than Home Depot. They cost me an extra day pay to my roofer and 3 days off from work. I know most of this was the delivery service but I think Home Depot should have a different company making their deliveries.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I recently had an expensive re-roofing for my house by Modern Roofing via Home Depot. Work is well done. However, the final inspection is not done despite my 3 requests. Some nails/staples were left on my gutter and when later washed down to my yard after rain. I am not happy with the project manager since he did not keep his words to arrange for a final inspection.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I had my roof replaced by Home Depot Cerritos, California branch. I got a phone call from the subcontractor to inform me that the roof installation was completed and I need to pay right away on 4/4/17. I paid the balance of $16,741.00 on my credit card. The total amount I paid was $17,741.00. After my work on the same day, I checked my new roof and found out several problems.

The metal flashing between the porch and the living room was not closed. I can see inside through the opening from distance. The ventilation pipe from the ventilator in the bathroom was not connected to the ventilator. Only a piece of Scotch tape stick on the top of the pipe and ventilator, making it seemingly connected together when I just looked at it. All the exhaust air from the bathroom is blown directly into the attic. The color of the shingles and the strips of my house are gray/green color. A red color of drip edge was installed. It makes the house looking odd because nowhere else on the house has red color. The drip edges at some sections touching wood board, which will get the board damaged quickly when it rains.

I was able to contact the manager through text message. He told me that Home Depot did not match the color of the drip edge and it was in the contract. If I did not like it, I could paint it myself. I reviewed my copy of the contract and could not find it anywhere in the contract. He also told me that the drip edges were installed correctly. He did not address the situation of metal flashing and the connection of the pipe with the ventilator in the bathroom. I tried numerous times to contact him through phone and email and did not get any response. I always thought that Home Depot had quality service behind its name and chose it as an installer for my new roof knowing that I would pay for a few thousands dollars more than the other installers. Now I am stuck in the situation and don't know what to do with it. This is very disappointing.

Original review: April 6, 2017

We made a mistake go through Home Depot to get our roof replaced. When had it replaced the first rain storm hit. We had more leaks than we had with the new roof. They keep on patching it until the shingles guy came back and told them to stop. They replaced it under the second time and we had a small leak. The second team that came through was a Mexican team. Take my advice and stay very far away from Home Depot when you need to have your roof replaced.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

We recently purchased a roof from Home Depot. After the work was completed not only is it a different style other than what we requested but the surface is lumpy in multiple places, the edges are unclean, and some portions of the work is lifting. We contact Home Depot immediately and sent photos. They were more concerned with getting us to sign a "work completed" document then they were fixing their mistakes. At least in our case they only got away with a deposit. Unfortunately we still have to get the roof fixed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

In April of 2015, my wife and I purchased a new roof through Home Depot and put it on a HD credit card. A couple months later, we had our first leak in the garage. Here in New Mexico, we have predominately flat roof and roof drains called Canales. Someone came out. Threw some caulking around a couple of areas and called it fixed. A couple months later, same thing, same place. They came back out, same repair. "It's all good now". On November 18th, 2016, we discovered another leak, same thing same place only this time, we had no idea how long it had been leaking. Went to my Home Depot, spoke to a very pleasant young lady who took my info and said someone would call me. A week goes by, no call, so I called. I was told someone would be out to repair it the next week.

I said I did not want the same company to come out and was told that was no issue. A week goes by, nobody comes. I call back to the number that Home Depot called me from. Had to leave a message... Nobody calls me back. I call again and now I'm getting angry. I escalate the issue up the chain. Again, another pleasant young lady takes my information, makes notes in their system and sends email... Nobody calls. Now, I am flat out mad. I call again and raise hell. It gets bumped up the chain even higher. I finally get hold of someone and they tell me someone will be out the next day. This time, it actually happens. We get on the roof, and he tells me that the roof that we paid almost $17,000.00 for was done completely wrong and patched in several areas (again, new roof should have no patches). He says that it needs to be redone, but that he needs authorization for the cost and it might take a week or so to get it.

I assure him that after as much as I had complained, it wouldn't take that long. Sure enough, about an hour later I get a call and it's approved. 2 weeks go by, no call, so I call and talk with the Project Manager. I get told that, "Yeah, they've been real busy doing warranty work"... I ask him, "Do you realize how pissed off I am," and get told "Well, yeah". That is now the end of any and all patience I have. I call and get bumped up to the Regional Manager and go off. I get told that the crew will be out the following Monday. Sure enough, the crew came, ripped off the old/new roof and complete the job in one day. Fantastic crew, polite, professional, very pleasant. I was even bringing them coffee and drinks during the day. 2 days later, I call and begin talks about compensation for this roof that we have been paying for and that was done wrong from the get go.

I am told that they can offer me 10% off. Not good enough. I said it took 5 weeks for them to get this done and I get told that "Well Home Depot did make it good"... Yeah, after 5 weeks and me having to make phones calls is the only reason it didn't take even longer. I was told that the amount that he had offered was actually more than he was authorized to do but that he was sure he could get it passed (where I come from, if you are only authorized a certain level, you can't offer more).

So again, I said the offer was not good enough given the circumstances and I was told that to go higher, it would have to be authorized from someone higher and that he would pass it on. It has now been 4 more weeks and nobody has called. I called and had to leave a message. The morale of the story here is go with someone else, because Home Depot will gladly take your money, but their word and therefore their brand is not worth the contract they signed.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I decided to go with the Home Depot to replace my roof after dealing with local roofers. They guaranteed me quality service and workmanship. Long story short I'm on my second leak since they replaced my roof and getting them to respond to me has been ridiculous. They say they are coming and you never hear back. My house gets damaged every time it rains. I regret going with the Home Depot for my roof and now have $25,000 bill I have to cover for shoddy work and bad and non-responsive customer service. I cannot even write a complaint on their website. It constantly shuts down and I have to go through the normal Home Depot website instead of the myhomedepotproject website. Horrible company. Horrible experience. Use an alternative.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

We had a full roof installed through Home Depot. It is now leaking - actively dripping into our house. I filed a claim with them November 7th, as it is still under warranty. I cannot get them to even call me back- Anyone who knows me knows this is not going to end well :) After about 15 calls and numerous emails (all documented as to date/time and whom I spoke with), I am now pretty much forced to file a complaint with the local Consumer Assistance Corp. They will guide me through the DA's complaint process. Meanwhile my roof is actively dripping and causing ceiling damage etc. I am disgusted with the lack of professionalism and refusal to honor the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I was completely dissatisfied with everything about Home Depot. The workers left my gutters full of roofing scraps which blocked them. My roof and vents are all black. They went and installed a brown roof vent by mistake and told me that they will replace it next summer. They started installing flashing around my bay window so large and wide that it made my house look like a house in Haiti or India slums. They started the job Thursday but didn't put on the roof capping on the pinions. They never showed up Friday to close the roof and it rained. They didn't come Saturday or Monday. All the while it was raining and snowing. I was waiting for the sheetrock to start falling off my ceiling. Never again will I deal with Home Depot and I will diligently warn everyone to stay far away from them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Beware, stay away from Home Depot. We spend over $100,000 to renovated our new house. New ceiling, new walls, new bathrooms, new floors... etc. We wanted to replace our roof as well. We thought Home Depot, as a big company that is in the business for so many years, so we selected them to replace our roof because we trusted them. On the first day of the work, a few Mexican workers came in to replace our roof, they have no Home Depot uniforms on. Then we realized Home Depot subcontract roofing to the other company.

Ok, it is fine, as long as they are professional on roofing. However, Home Depot didn't forecast the weather before they set up the work day. There was heavy rain on the afternoon. So these people didn't fully cover 1/4 of the attic that was ripped off, and there were huge leaks to our new bathroom and 1/2 of the other room. It was all messed up. So they stopped the work and came back on the next day. I informed the project manager about the leaks, and the damages to our sheet rock, skylight, and insulation.

On the second day, he and those Mexican workers walked to our second floor to inspect the damages. Before they stepped into our house, I told them we just finished a coat on the 1st floor, they have to be careful. However, they didn't care, they just stepped in with their shoes on, and now, I can still see some footprints on our floor. Then, the project manager told me it was subcontractor's fault, so it is their responsibility to fix it. From my viewpoint, it is Home Depot's fault since they didn't forecast the weather. The project manager also referred this incident to the claim department. They finished the rest of the work on the 2nd day. I had to deal with the claim department about the repairs, they told me it is subcontractor's responsibility.

It took more than a month for the subcontractor to come to fix it, I ended up having no bathroom to use on the second floor for more than a month. They didn't fully replace all the damages, they only replaced whatever they can at the lowest cost, because in order for them replace all the insulation and sheet rock that was wet before, they need to break the walls, and it involves a lot of work. So I told them if I found any molds later in the future, I will file a lawsuit against them.

Now only three months after roof replacement, I found water stains all over my room. This is the room that didn't get any leaks before. Then, I searched online about Home Depot's complaint, I found out a lot of homeowners experienced the same issue as I do with Home Depot. Now, I have realized Home Depot only subcontracts its work to the lowest bidding contractors, they didn't care about quality of the work, they only care about the profit. They are buck passer. If anything happen, they told you it is subcontractor's responsibility. Remember, we are not signing the contract with the subcontractor, we are signing the contract with Home Depot. It is cheating on consumers like us who trusted them so much. Whoever encounters this type of issue like I do with Home Depot, please email me at: **. We should file a class action lawsuit against Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I chose HD to install a new roof based on prior good experiences. I will not make this mistake again. Project delays. The work started more than 2 weeks after it was quoted to be done. This caused us a number of problems with our home sale process. At not time did I get the sense of any sort of urgency on the part of anyone in the HD organization, nor was there any acceptance that this was a problem. The HD "project team" lied to me about scheduling delays. They claimed that the late project start was due to permitting delays. Two weeks after being told this I called the city to ask about the delay and was told that the permit had not yet been applied for. In fact, the city has a 2-day maximum turn-around on permits. It appears to me that they intentionally misquoted the lead time, then tried to push the blame for it onto the city, hoping that I wouldn't follow up with them myself.

The installation manager never once answered his mobile phone through the course of the project. I tried a dozen times or more, and not one single time. I left messages that he said he didn't receive, and even the project team couldn't get him to answer his phone - until, of course, he wanted me to sign off on completion and billing. Clean-up after the job was not good. Lots of debris was left around, walks not cleared off, and generally not up to expectations, given that HD's bid was thousands more than the other contractors. They came back to finish the job after I refused to sign off on completion, but this cost me yet another week of lost time selling the house. The bottom line for me is that I feel that I paid more and got less from HD on this project. I chose HD hoping that they would have management systems that would make it a hassle-free, on-time project without complications. Unfortunately, HD absolutely failed to deliver.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I had roof done. Major leak damage occurred. Roof was eventually repaired seemingly effectively. During the process I was assured interior damage caused exclusively by the leak would be repaired to my satisfaction. Matter was turned over to insurance company. I submitted contractor reports and estimates indicating the entire section of popcorn ceiling would have to be redone as patches would be detectable and not satisfactory. The first estimate was unrealistic, but the second was about $8,000 (for only that section; I didn't ask to do remaining 2/3 of ceiling as there is a beam divider and i wanted that section to be uniform).

Based on inspector's report, repair would only be to patch the two affected areas in two different locations within the section. Insurer wouldn't budge and could care less about the look of the repair. When I went back to HD, I was told that it was in the hands of the insurance company and the people contacted could not or would not get back involved. In other words, despite the promises, damn the customer. While I appreciate the effort of the project manager who did what he could to correct the problem on the roof, I deplore the attitude of HD in telling the customer it was being abandoned. I would never do another job with HD.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I had a new roof put on by Home Depot "roofing experts" in 2001. Within 6 months I had a roof leak. I called HD, they gave me a very difficult time. I finally reached a manager of the home repair dept. He said he looked at the roof, "fixed" it and I would not have another leak. This summer, the same area did leak and caused tons of damage inside. The roofer that is repairing my roof said the shingles were applied incorrectly, nailed above and below the tape and not on it. The roof area had a low slope and should have been fixed differently. That was never discussed. Too late for me, I am getting a new roof and costing me plenty!! Do not hire Home Depot!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I feel as if I should have known better and feel taken advantage of. HD installed siding and gutters on my house a year ago. It cost me roughly $14k and they promised to do it right. They underestimated the materials and never contacted me. I only found out when I called to ask about the delay. We agreed on a fix and the service was rescheduled. Then came the real problems. First contractor crew was slow and more interested in scrapping my siding for beer money than anything else. They were taken off the job after ripping off my brand new front door and a new lead from the same company was sent out. They seemed to do everything properly and I was initially happy... until the shortcuts and mistakes started making themselves known.

First a piece of siding hung off my home because they attempted to secure it with a blind screw instead of using a properly sized j-channel and snap lock punch. Then the entire finishing strip on the back of my home came loose... again not properly fitted into the j-channel with a snap lock punch. Then a window wrap started coming off. Upon further inspection they improperly installed every window and door wrap. This allowed water in which warped the underlying framing lumber. No flashing was used anywhere.... complete botch job that will require an entire teardown to fix.

Then the front of my home started having issues. The top row of siding on my first row not secured into the j-channel with a snap lock punch. A j-channel was used to start and hold the second floor siding which began to sag and separate as it was improperly installed, used and allowed no path for water drainage. I also have huge gaps where the siding meets the corner posts, improperly installed vents and improperly installed exterior outlet. My HD installed gutters began to leak also where they meet the fascia. They were not properly sloped or installed.

These guys are supposed to be the experts and get the job done right. They are supposed to have a great warranty and customer support. They don't have either really. It is difficult to get someone here and takes a lot of heated complaints to get things moving. Currently they are starting to see what they can do... but... it has taken a month of calls, emails and facebook posts to make that happen. Who knows what the end result will be. Either they fix it or I try to sue them or their subcontractors.

The trouble is not worth the end result either way. Your best bet is to avoid this company as good service is a real crapshoot. I feel that HD and their subcontractors believe that doing the job they were paid to do right is going above and beyond. I wasn't aware that meeting minimal performance objectives was not a reasonable expectation for HD; I am now though. Wish me luck.

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information