Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot - Roofing Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I should have known! Home Depot At Home Services uses Sub-contractors, that subcontract out to the lowest bidder! Beware! These subcontractors (?) have proven to be unqualified and rookies! My complete tear off and install took 7 MONTHS to complete! Do you know why? Because they had used the wrong nails which had protruded through my eaves and my open beam ceiling. Sure, Home Depot gave me a $1000.00 discount, but I paid top dollar to have Top Qualified Roofers install my new roof! If I had known then what I know now - Never, ever, ever will I use Home Depot Roofing to install any more roofs. Oh, but wait! Home Depot doesn’t do roofing installations anymore!

I’ve been trying to have their warranty company come out since June 2019 for my roof that was installed in May 2015. Ever since that fateful install, I’ve been experiencing leaks in 2 parts of my roof. During one of the storms in the first year, my skylight had sprung a leak! The shingles were put in place in a very hideous pattern and the flat roofing material was placed where it covered up the patio eave! I complained about this to Mark ** (someone that would come out to inspect) but he said it looked okay. It’s hideous. This is probably why Home Depot doesn’t do roofing installation anymore - their SubContractors used unqualified people that desperately needed a job. And their warranty company can’t keep up with the demand for repairs. I’m disgusted. I used Home Depot for my Go To store for all my repairs and renovations - without a hesitation. Now, I don’t!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had Home Depot to a complete tear off on the roof on a house that my grandfather built back in the 50s. After about a year it started leaking. I called them. They came out once and fixed that problem. Then in July of this year it started leaking again. Now it is December 16th. They still have not come out to fix the problem.

Home Depot gave the warranty work to a company called Genpact. They call me about once a month to let me know that they still have not assigned the job to anyone and that they're still trying their best. I have asked him numerous times for a complete refund so I could have another roofing company fix what they are unable to or unwilling to fix. I spent about $9,000 on this roof and I wish I would have never went to home Depot. I will never shop there again. If I only found this review site before I made the purchase I would have not used Home Depot. Very dissatisfied customer...Wade **W

Get expert buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

After having Home Depot do a complete tear off and new sheathing and shingles my roof leaked a week after the installation. It's now been over 2 years and I'm having more issues and they no longer install roofing so they've passed it on to another company and I'm getting nowhere. This is very irritating. I've asked a few of them how they would feel if it was happening to their roof. As of now I have tried for over a month and the Damage continues and still no reply after several calls.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I purchased a roof from Home Depot in 2016. I've dealt with Home Depot for years for professional installation as well as products that I purchase in stores and online. While I have been happy with 90% of my purchases at Home Depot I would strongly discourage anyone from contracting them for roofing services or any other professional services for that matter.

I contacted them a month ago because the roof I purchased is leaking and still under warranty. Despite repeated calls and emails they still have not been able to give me a date for an adjuster to come out to inspect the roof. This is very frustrating because I am getting more moisture seeping in after each rain. It's very hard to justify contracting with Home Depot for professional services if they are not going to honor their warranties as their quotes are often higher than local contractors.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I'm not sure where to begin. It all started 14 months ago. Went Home Depot when the permit was approved to proceed forward with replacing my tile roof soon after delivers supplies to my house. Some of the material went into my garage such as the metal Channel Ridge vents sealer and vents. In front of my garage they delivered a pallet of cement for the tiles for the ridge.

This cement stayed in my driveway for about 11 months. During this time it rained and all of the cement tiles turn to hard cement. All the material had to be thrown in the garbage because of it was no good any longer. These items are typically delivered at the last part of the job and should not have been delivered to my house until it was needed. Both of my driveways were not usable because of debris or supplies during this time. I currently have debris out in front of my driveway that has been standing there for the past five weeks and Home Depot hasn't removed it. What should I do? You be the judge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I wanted to upgrade my roof insulation so I asked Home Depot to provide the service. They sent an estimator who gave me a price and I had the work done. I found during the winter that the snow on my roof was melting faster than on other similar houses. I called home depot and they sent the same company that did the work to check it. This took more than one call, and the guy said it was OK. But realistically it was not. Then he blamed it on not having adequate roof vents.

They should have done that when they did the original job if that was the cause. I then contacted Home Depot twice to complain and nothing happened. I mean NOTHING. I advise not to use Home Depot for these services as they subcontract and then do not do their own follow-up but depend on the same contractor who didn't do the job properly to evaluate and that is a grand waste of time and money. Home Depot probably gets a commission but their follow-up is as bad as it can get. They do NOTHING. I will never hire anyone through them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I used Home Depot to replace my roof. From the beginning there was conflict between the contractor they brought. And H>D rushed the contractor. They charged more than private contractor, my thinking they were big company and would take of any problems. I was wrong. It's been two years and my insurance has been cancelled.because saging. And board are falling off all around. The home depot sales guy finally came out and looked at it. And said if I had water coming in,

I have not, he shrugged and left. Stating the trim and eves was not a problem unless water leaked..I cant get any response since. I paid 1700.00 and at my age doubt I can find the cash to repair on my own... Claude **

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

March of 2018 I contracted Home Depot (HD) to replace my roof and was told it had a 25-year transferable warranty and they would do the repairs. The job was completed in one day in April 2018 and by April of 2019, I had to call them to have shingles replaced that blew off my roof which is guaranteed to sustain 130 mph winds. The repair was done by the original roofer to my satisfaction. However, the beginning of July 2019 I had a severe leak in my lower roof over my front porch and it did a lot of damage in the entranceway of my house. I called them because we had some severe rain storms and water was coming in.

The reason why I went with HD was because of the warranty and the 2 year charging on their card with no finance charges. Having IV Stage Cancer I wanted everything to be done properly and have no hassles when it came time to sell my house. My roof was over about $11,300 which was $4,000 more than local contractors wanted to do the roof. I am constantly on the phone with them and they are no longer in the roofing business and they are telling me it is up to me to get a contractor to fix the problem of the roof leak and to repair the damages. They want me to submit estimates and photos so they can put it through their insurance and go after the contractor. I still owe $4,700 on my HD Charge. The stress of this matter has been horrible for my health.

I took care of the roof problem being fixed and now I have to have the inside fixed. This is so unfair that a large company like Home Depot gets away with overcharging for all kinds of promises to do repairs and they do nothing. I feel that I should get a credit to my account for all the warranty repairs that they refuse to do. If I have someone else repair the roof it more than likely voids my warranty. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Home Depot Home Services from Baltimore MD installed roof with a 50 year warranty. Spent 3 months trying to get them to fix a problem and was put off time and time again by all persons involved. We were lied to by installation manager and after much frustration and aggravation we were told "Home Depot no longer does roof installations" and the problem they didn't fix was not their responsibility. The roof was only installed less than 4 mos prior to our problem. Horrible Customer Service and now we have another battle to get a partial refund for their breach of contract!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you are prepared for being misled.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Home Depot was contracted to start the replacement of my roof and gutters over four months ago in late November, 2018. Problem after problem they told me the best way to fix the quality of work issues and mistakes made was to close out the job by having me pay off the balance and open warranty claim tickets to fix the issues they left. All along the way my wife's home business has suffered financial losses due to the noise caused by the work since the job has dragged on without reliable scheduling of when they would show up. My paychecks have also suffered because Home Depot as the general contractor of this job was not showing up on sight to direct the subcontractors, meaning I had to take time off work day after day to check up on, direct work and point out their mistakes. Dozens of emails, voicemails and text messages had gone unanswered.

Now, the supposed final fixes were scheduled out to coincide with my family being out of town. When I arrived home, all my gutters are off the house and laying in gravel, in my yard, blocking access to my out buildings which I need access to. The rain run off from the roof is now damaging my property further beyond what the HD crews has already done. I'm told by the HD rep that as of this week, 3/27/19, HD is no longer in the roof and gutter business, that's why the contractors didn't finish the job and the roofer that been working on it will not be returning, possibly the gutter installers either. After speaking with the roof and gutter installers, it appears that Home Depot has not been honest with them or myself, the customer. They told me that the news of HD dropping roofs and gutters is at least 6 weeks old.

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information