1.24/5
Based on 91 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

120 Home Depot - Roofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 31, 2018

The Home Depot, Home Services Exteriors 1500 CATON CENTER DRIVE SUITE N, HALETHORPE, MD, USA 21227. 1-855-726-4612. Business Points Of Contact: 1. SALES CONSULTANT. 2. INSTALLATION MANAGER. 3. BRANCH OFFICE MANAGER. 4. BRANCH MANAGER. 5. Customer Service. The Complainant would like the Business to stop lying to customers and stop advertising in this area for the services that they cannot provide. On April 10th I contracted with the business to do a roof replacement on my home due to wind damage. The initial timeline expectations from Mr. ** was in a few weeks to a month due to the high volume of work in the area.

On the 25th of April I met with Mr. ** at my house to adjust the contract due to material estimate shortage. Mr. ** said everything was on track and should be scheduled in the next week or so. He pointed out that I needed a tarp installed as a temporary repair to prevent interior damage due to missing shingles. NOTE #1 This was the first Lie. I learned in May from Mr. ** that the only licensed contractor that Home Depot had in this area of West Virginia had been terminated on April 20th due to poor performance. All sales consultants were informed immediately so this means that Mr. ** knew about this at our April 25th meeting for contract adjustment. He knew there were problems but chose to misinform me about the business’s decreased capabilities to keep my deposit money (make the sale).

After contacting Home Depot several times over the next few weeks, I was finally able to get the tarp installed to protect my damaged roof that is now under contract with the HD. I was also in contact with Mr. ** and was informed that there was a problem getting the contractors the proper numbers for the state of WV and these were needed for the building permits that were needed for my job. We had a lengthy discussion about how much more difficult it was to get permits in WV than in surrounding areas like MD and VA.

NOTE #2 This was the second LIE. I contacted the Permitting Department for Jefferson County WV and found out that no building permit was needed for a roof replacement. Mr. ** was using this excuse to cover the fact that the business had no contractors in this area to perform the contracted work and was lying to stall the work progress and keep my deposit. At this point, I contacted BRANCH OFFICE MANAGER, and BRANCH MANAGER. This was done through contacting customer service several times and voicing my displeasure with being lied too by the Sales Consultant and the Installation Manager. Mr. ** explained everything that was going on and understood that I did not want to be dealing with the people that have been lying to me. On Jul 25th I contacted Mr. ** after he left a voice mail message for me. He informed me that I should be hearing from scheduling in the next couple of days.

I did not hear from scheduling and tried to reach out to people on Monday. Mr. ** seemed upset that I am demanding answers as to why no one contacted me and whether or not his business can provide the contracted service. So now, after waiting nearly three months, the contract has been canceled due to lack of contractors and I have to try to get my 5K deposit back from the HD credit card myself.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I want to start by saying that when we started out looking for the roof repair in December 2017, we were expecting a delay. Florida just got hit by Hurricane Irma a few months ago, and so if we were told it could take 7 months to have the roof repaired, we would have been okay with it. It wouldn't have been ideal, but it would have been expected. Instead, we were told it would be 2 months or so, and it ended up being 7, and along the way, we rarely got updates even when we asked for them repeatedly. Plus we got a nice requote of another $3,000 or so along the way.

December 30th- Luis from Home Depot came into the house and did a quick inspection of the roof, inside and out, and showed me the samples that our association would approve. Stated he had done previous projects in the same association already. I signed the contract. I asked when work would start and how long it would take and was told it would start late January/early February and would take 2-3 weeks once started.

March- Received word that the start date would be March 14th, and parts would arrive the week prior. Parts did arrive on time, and workers showed up on March 14th but said the wrong parts were ordered. At this point, we went between 3 and 4 weeks. WEEKS, with no response from Home Depot. No replies to texts, no replies to emails, no answer when we called. 2 separate times I filled out the contact form twice on Home Depot’s website. Both times, I received a call from Home Depot letting me know the project managers would call me back. They did NOT.

After nearly a month, literally like 3 days shy of an entire month, Luis, Cesar, and Kathy showed up and did what should have been done already on December 30th. June- Work on the roof started for the first time. July- The ladder is still there and of course nobody has updated us on the inspection or anything but I guess since nobody has come by for a while that it’s done (?). Who knows right? We’ll never get an update, especially now. Entire project took about 200 days. That is NOT an exaggeration. The last update we received about an inspection being the only thing left to do was day 194. Then a week later when I texted all 3 people, I got a reply from just Cesar saying that the inspection was still needed, pushing the total time (including the inspection which I understand may be out of Home Depot’s control) to over 200 days.

The lack of updates continued throughout the entire project. There were 3 separate times in total that we received no updates, even when we asked for one, for at least 3 weeks. Workers would show up one day and then not come back for 2 days. When the project was done, we only knew because we called and asked over and over again. Right now there are several huge rolls in our drive way that we need to find a way to dispose of, a ton of gravel and nails all over the driveway, and a ladder that nobody has come to pick up. The roof itself looks fine but the level of unprofessionalism has been embarrassing.

I also referred a friend to have his roof done (this was early on before I realized how horrible these people were, and they not only accidentally sawed into his daughter's bedroom, but when they did, they offered to bring some paint over so that my friend could paint the room himself! What kind of audacity do you have to have to even say that!? Never working with Home Depot again.

Get expert buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We got an appointment schedule for measuring, material selection and price to replace roof in our 2500 sq ft home. A text message confirmation was send in 2 days prior. NO SHOW UP for appointment, I call to inquired an hour late into, appointment was in their system but not information why no showing. Customer service try to schedule one for another day. That was unacceptable on my part and they promise the supervisor was trying as we speak to locate a consultant in the area to come home that same afternoon (yeah right I believe her). If one was not available that same supervisor will call to let me know status. 3 days later and they may think I’m still expecting their call. No need to consider giving my business to a company who doesn’t respect costumers, I’m glad they miss our appointment after reading the reviews and nightmares people in here describe about their roof installation all over US.

Original review: July 4, 2018

In September 2017, my mother contracted Home Depot to replace the shingles on the roof of her home. Since the work was sub-standard, the shingles were replaced in October 2017. During a Winter thaw in January 2018, water cascaded through the interior of the house (from the second floor down to the garage). Home Depot was contacted and a "temporary fix" was completed with minimal lead-time. Since then, my mother and I have contacted the Home Depot liaison responsible for our file and after repeated conversations and excuses, the work still has not been completed. In the interim, both the roof and interior were inspected and the results depict extremely sub-standard work. Damages are in the $10,000 range. Since then, I have repeatedly contacted Home Depot Canada (even wrote a letter to the President).

They have matter-of-factly "washed" their hands of the matter and now the file is in the hands of an insurance adjuster. Nine months have passed and still no resolve. Since the Winter, I have been told by the Home Depot Canada Liaison Officer that the work would be completed once the snow and ice melt... and the weather becomes more "accommodating." Unfortunately, we are still waiting... and we are now in the month of July. I am at a loss to understand how a reputable company can hold a customer "hostage" pending legal proceedings between Home Depot and the hired sub-contractor. Home Depot's Value Wheel describes taking care of and respect for all people, doing the right thing and excellent customer service.

Based on our experience and lack of follow-up, it appears that we have not been taken care of or respected and Home Depot has not done the right thing or provided excellent customer service. They place emphasis on "process" as opposed to the customer. The entire experience has caused undue stress and all I am asking for is corrective action within reasonable lead-time. We have been very patient and have waited more than necessary.

Original review: June 30, 2018

In November 2017 we contracted with Home Depot home services to replace the roof on our vacation home in Nevada. As of today, June 30, 2018 we still do not have a completed roof. My husband has been on site for two weeks today and the crew has failed to show up again today. It has been one excuse after another for the last 7 months. We chose to go with Home Depot because we felt they were a reputable company that would not disappear overnight. Boy, was I wrong. If I ever get my new roof, I will never do business with this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 26, 2018

This happened last year, but I have to write about it. During the winter of 2016-17, I had a bad leak in the old roof and it wrecked my living room ceiling. Signed a contract beginning of May 2017 with Home Depot for a new roof for $41,000. Steep roof, many gables, etc. Selected shingles, gutters, etc. Was told the job wouldn't start until July 1. Two month wait. Well June 30 they call and say job had to be rescheduled for Sept 11th -- two more months. On Sept 11 they postponed to Sept 24th. On Sept 24 they postponed to October. In October they called and told me I was now "unscheduled." They couldn't find a roofer to do my roof. So in November they tell me they are not going to do the job at all. Along the way, the gutter company called and told me that they don't make the gutter I selected. I selected it from the Home Depot salesman's sample book and then I find out it doesn't exist!

They broke the contract. I, the consumer, would not be allowed to do that. It took months to get my $1000 deposit back. I moved money around for this $41K job. I wasted my summer waiting for the roof to be done. I just about went crazy making phone calls that were not returned or not answered at all. When they canceled in November, we were getting into our rainy season again (Northern California). I didn't want to call another roofer and have my roof opened up in November. So I went through another rainy season with a leak in the living room, and a trash can sitting in the middle of the living room for 6 more months. They sent me a $150 gift card. I wish I had read these reviews here a year ago. So, let me tell you now -- Do not sign anything with Home Depot Roofing.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I got a brand new Roof installed by Home Depot in Mar 2015. In Mar 2018, 7 Shingles flew away on one side of Roof. I asked Home Depot to check it out. They kept me waiting for weeks. Water entered the house in the meantime. I had to follow up every day for them to come and fix it. They sent a person finally after 3 weeks. He said Wind Damage, Act of God, blah blah blah. They are now asking me to contact my Insurance company to look at it. That means another month or so and letting water get into my house. When I said I already got it fixed to Home Depot. She was quick to react back and say "Ok, then warranty is void", as if they were helping me.

They tossed me from department to department and then back to my Insurance company. They could have just fixed the Roof when the Guy came to see it. Also, they sent a different company than the one who installed it. And the Guy was saying they didn't install it. Guys this is how they treat their customers and the warranty means a hassle for you not a "peace of mind". This is unfair business practice. I am never giving my business to Home Depot.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I had my TPO Roof installed Nov 2016 through Home Depot that cost $5800 and within 1 year it has lifted up so I called them and they tell me they will let me know when they can get somebody there because it’s first come first serve basis but then about two weeks later they called and let me know they are sending the same company back out to fix a job that should have been done right the first time. HOME DEPOT WILL NEVER GET ANY MORE BUSINESS FROM ME...

Original review: March 2, 2018

Sales guy was great, but in the area I live in same story of great sales talk, but can't deliver the vision of the sales guy. No fancy measurement person that was promised. Sales guy says I HAVE to put the whole price of the roof on the Depot card. Service center in Texas called me to set up a time to do the work. Day of service random four non English speaking guys in a creepy van are sitting outside my house, no one talks. I move my cars out of the way, they walk up to my wife when I'm moving the cars and talk to her... she's freaking out at this point. Another guy shows up. Both trucks have different company magnet signs on them, HD states it's a company within a company but can't tell me the company's name.

I come back after leaving the house for 30 mins. The roofers busted up pallets I had and used that instead of plywood to fix soft spots, but never said anything of what's going on, I found this out when they were done, by the remaining pieces. When I asked questions the crew leader said pallets are better than plywood, I demanded him to call HD, guy runs we away when he makes the phone call and I was chasing him to hear what he was saying, later I found out he wasn't calling anyone. So HD calls and wants payment, this is when I found out no contact from the crew leader was made confirmed by area rep.

So in a heated phone call they were pushing to have full payment, leaving me with a pallet roof, they have no information that the roofers did the soft spot repair. When I said no payments will be made they tried the schoolyard bully angle, but kept showing how uninformed and out of touch with the legal system they are. Threats towards me and demanding full payment. A second call was made hours later. Per HD executive directors board, if I don't say anything and agreed the roof is repaired ok and not with pallet wood they will generously cut $500 off the bill. My respond was scammers. The roof is unsafe and more than $500. They became very angry again. I said fix the roof or legal action is next and they denied the phone records they have.

Now I have 8 inches of heavy rain coming with 80 mph gusts and possible 6 inches of snow with a roof that is in bad shape and a dumpster in my small yard. They won't clear the dumpster company to pick up the dumpster, because they have no record of a dumpster. But in the same sentence the area rep says he sent to request to pick up the dumpster to the dumpster company who I had called and they have no notice to pick it up. The area rep is saying random names of who to talk to about the dumpster, I was talking with the dumpster company's owner and he has no employees by those names. I have a small yard and can't park on the street and the dumpster is blocked by cars now because I have nowhere to park and per HD I have to be available for when they are ready to do what they want.

Not returning phone calls from the HD area rep or national rep out of Texas, throughout the whole phone calling process the national rep only spoke up when I said I am not paying full price and when I called them scam artists, other than that no words were heard from that rep. The area rep was using the "sound helpful but screw the customer standard auto response answers" which I called them out on since corporations are using the same answers these days. Waiting to see how the storm goes and how the roof holds, and deal with a dumpster I'm my yard. I will update this if possible as the days go by. I have only a digital agreement no receipt, HD is a joke just as bad as the hack contractors.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was suckered by a seemingly honest sales team. After waiting a couple weeks for an estimator to arrive at my house, some preliminary measurements were made. One month later (a few days promised) I was presented with a proposal that was competitive with other bids I had received, but Home Depot had a great sounding warranty. I was given a cell phone of the manager in case there were any problems. Then nothing. For 3 months.

Home Depot still needed to get on my roof for a final measurement before they could even order materials, and then schedule the job. I called the cell phone number and was promised an initial measurement several times but it never happened. Then they stopped answering their phone. I called a supervisor in Texas a couple times and was promised action which didn't happen. After 3 months, I hired a local company that professionally installed my roof in 6 weeks! I am still trying to contact Home Depot to ask about my $1000 deposit (for nothing) and still no one answers the phone!

A warranty is only good if someone answers the phone and acts on it. I have to believe that if I had a problem after installation (how ever long that would have taken) no one would have answered the phone to address it. My suggestion: find a local roofer with local recommendations. AVOID Home Depot ROOFING AT ALL COST!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

After experiencing a bad windstorm in our area, my insurance company provided me with two phone numbers to contact, one of those being Peak Installations. When I called them, I was told they were very busy and it would be a few weeks before they came to assess damage to my home. They told me to sign and return paperwork giving them permission to be on my property, which I never did.

I contacted the other company my insurance company told me to contact and they were at my home within 48 hours. I had them come and do the repairs to my home for a cost of $165. Peak installations claimed to do over $600 of emergency repairs to my roof and provided an estimate for thousands of dollars. I never gave them permission to be on my property, never signed any documents at any time and now they pester me to pay the $600 they claim they incurred to fix my roof. They never did any emergency repairs and were never given permission to examine my home. Avoid this company at all costs!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

First appointment was totally blown off by rep without a call or follow-up. Second appointment was one hour late with no call or explanation. Rep was a blowhard who just wanted to tell of past greatness in the bridge painting world plus further esoterica about materials the typical homeowner would have absolutely no clue about (I am a retired remodeler). I wanted to reroof before I sold my house. Rep said his computer wasn't working but he would email the estimate to me. It never came and when I called the company, they said he had flagged the estimate as a "repair", which they don't do. So for whatever reason, this rep lied to his own employer about the status of my request. I was hoping to deal with a reputable company but after reading other reviews I am glad this dishonest blowhard decided to write me off!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

EVIDENCE: Fall of 2017, after inspection of my roof (which was in good shape), HD and I signed a contract to replace the roof for approximately $13,000. After installation, the amount charged my card was $18,000. There was an additional $1,300 expense but that does not add up to the amount charged. I never signed a contract with their installer; I signed the contract with HD. I don't even know if the installer is licensed. The installer stated the job was done and had me sign the release. No mention that the roof had NOT been inspected. Weeks later, I am still waiting for sign off on the inspection. EDDIE ** of HD stated that payment for the roof has nothing to do with the final inspection. Meaning, HD CAN DO SUBSTANDARD WORK, CAUSE EVEN MORE DAMAGE, AND GET PAID FOR IT -- THE HOMEOWNER IS STUCK. I call this type con FRAUD!!!

I walked into my garage on a bright day and saw daylight coming in at the seams of the roof. Eddie ** of HD tried to get me to believe the light was coming in through the new vents; yet the vents were nowhere near the light coming in through the seam between the house and garage. The previous roof was fine and no daylight was seen in that area for the last 30 years. I am a senior and cannot crawl into the attic, who knows how much light is coming into the attic. CLEARLY THE JOB WAS DONE INCORRECTLY. A ROOF SHOULD NOT HAVE LIGHT FILTERING THROUGH IT.

I called EDDIE ** about the condition of the roof, that the roof was not flat but wavy, after the shingles were nailed (how could this happen?). He stated all roofs are like that in the beginning, that the stickiness on the bottom of the shingle will flatten with heat. However, in LA it was about 90 degree for a week and the shingles did not flatten. I have a wavy roof. NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE, especially because the roof is to be nailed down to the thick plywood undercoat. After a windy day, I found lots of shingles in my back and front yard. Clearly the shingles came from my roof (oddity, the roofer immaculately cleaned up the job site) and were no left over from the job.

My advice is to never use Home Depot's roofing services. The job was shabbily done, even after complaint before completion, and I continue to see problems. Further, once HD determines the job is finished, despite no passing inspection, HD charges the credit card. Fraud and financial abuse -- since I am elderly, the issue is financial abuse of the elderly. Clearly, the job was done poorly and HD charge my credit card. This is unacceptable. I am going to file a fraud complaint against Home Depot with the police and I believe an elder abuse complaint was filed with California's Adult Protective Services.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

It took almost 8 weeks to complete the job, the third and final crew finally got it somewhat right. But we are still having problems with the billing aspect. We got a Home Depot Credit Card at the start of the job so that we could put the balance owed on it with no interest for 24 months as I stated on the amended contract. But without our knowledge the balance was put on my Visa credit card with very high interest, I did not give authorization to use my credit card.

I am a 100% disabled veteran and my wife is very ill and we did not need all of these troubles. I will never use or recommend to anyone services from Home Depot. It has been a total nightmare, and it is still taking a long time to get the balance switched from my Visa to the HDCC. Also it would have been nice to have English speaking Americans doing the job so that we could have communicated with them instead of illegal aliens. You all know it is against the law to hire them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

In 2015 I signed a contract for a new roof with Home Depot. That K (contract) does not mention a subcontractor of who it may be. I never signed a K with the actual roofer. Home Depot never came and got on the roof to check it out as the Home Depot woman told me they would. First rain, the roof leaks, I contact Home Depot over and over and they do nothing. IN 2016 there are MORE leaks and Home Depot does nothing. In about NOV of 2016 a woman contacts me and asks for the rest of my payment and I say no way, get out here and fix the roof and I have interior damage also! It takes them 6 months and continuing interior damage before they finally get the leaks fixed. The roof is a incompetent installation.

They finally agree to tear off first roof and out on a new roof. That was finished about 3 weeks ago. They made me go through their claims "process" for the interior damage. Home Depot is self insured. I just found that out. Home Depot turns around and dumps the claim on the roofer and then I had to deal with the roofer's insurance company which was a NIGHTMARE. All the damage was a result of a bad roof. But insurance did not want to pay what was due. I had to file complaints with the local DA, Contractor Licensing Board, and the Consumer Affairs Division of the state. It took them ELEVEN months and two state agencies to get them to settle the claim three weeks ago!

The first big rain was last weekend and guess what, the second NEW roof leaked! Home Depot said I had to go thru their "claims process". I said, "NO". Then they agreed yesterday to fix everything. Then today they said, "Forget it, go to claims". So many people have suffered damage, emotional distress and sheer torment because of Home Depot's fraudulent practices. If you are interested in being part of a class action suit, let me know.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Live in Florida and after an inspection from on of Home Depot's roofing estimator, whom did an outstanding job, I received the following quote for a roof replacement that was damaged by a recent hurricane. The quote came into what my insurance company stated it should cost to replace it, the documentation from my insurance company was sent to Michael before the inspection.

On November 13th at approximately 11:00 a.m., I contacted the sales person and stated that I would like to go with Home Depot to get my roof replaced and we agreed to meet at 6:00 p.m. at the house that day for my deposit and for me to sign the required paperwork. After my verbal acceptance I informed the other companies that I had quotes from that I would not be selecting them. At 4:30 p.m. I received a voicemail from Michael saying that the Home Depot is no longer doing the “insurance program, and that Home Depot cannot do the insurance pricing right now”. I called the salesman we talked that it was his management that is dishonoring the quote and that if I wanted Home Depot to replace my roof it will cost approximately twice as much.

The next day, I contacted Home Depot's customer care call center and once I got the roofing section, the care person on the other end of the line was just as confused and I was on why you would not honor your quote, that she understands that Home Depot may have just changed your business model but any outstanding quotes should be honored. She put me on hold and apparently talked to the roofing manager for Central Florida. When she came back online she apologized profusely and simply said that the manager will not honor it since it goes against their business plan. She was as shocked as I was by the answer.

The funny thing is that I found the core values of Home Depot and they are; “Building Strong Relationships -Trust, honesty and integrity are the foundations of strong relationships. We demonstrate these principles when we listen and respond to the needs of our customers, associates, communities and vendors.” And "Doing the Right Thing - We strive to understand the impact of our decisions. We accept responsibility for our actions. We do not tolerate dishonest or unethical behavior. We do the right thing.”

This is my confusion, maybe after retiring from the Navy after more than 20 years for faithful service and damaging my body in the process, I have a different understanding of trust, honesty and most importantly integrity. Also, can Home Depot please tell me how not honoring an active quote written by that your company because it not does not fit your newly elected business model is in line with “not tolerate dishonest or unethical behavior?” I understand that you are a business, and you are there for profit and creating value for your shareholders, I get it. But I feel that if you do not live within your other 7 core values that you have published then what value are you creating for your shareholders tomorrow and the day after tomorrow?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Home Depot replacement roofing sounded good. I was willing to go with them because of the warranty. They suppose to have took seven weeks for the roofing process. My roof was already damaged due to the storm. Home Depot delivered over 100 pounds of roofing material to my home and set it on an already damaged roof. It have been raining almost everyday in Florida and the roof is leaking worst. I have called several times and the situation is not being resolved. I am literally outraged and disgusted with how they treat their customers!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My roof was done 3 times in 1 year. Had no problems until 5 years later. Shingles were wavy but I had no leaks. Home Depot sent someone out. He put a few nails in and asked if the wood underneath was replaced. It was. My roof leaked in 4 spots of my house just over a week after that. Now home depot says it's my siding, windows and no gutters and are refusing to fix the problem. I'm getting a breach of contract lawyers. Has anyone sued Home Depot about their roof?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am writing this review in hopes of preventing someone else from having the issues that we are having with the roof that we contracted with Home Depot Services to install on our home in Cutler Bay, FL. We signed a contract in November 2016. We chose Home Depot because we knew they have been in business for a long time and they would be a company that would be able to honor their warranty and not close like some other small businesses. What we got is a horrible product and service and even dangerous conditions.

Home Depot ended up contracting our work out to the same exact contractors that we were choosing not to contract to. They did this without notifying us at all. When the workers showed up- they did not have one person who spoke English so it was impossible to communicate with them. They completed the roof but did not install the roof vents that were supposed to be included, they had used a type of pry bar to "peel back" the siding of our home which we are not sure why because they did not even replace the flashing on our home, they did not clean up any of the material that they threw on the ground including nails and roofing papers, and finally they left a hole in the corner of our home that bats found and entered our home.

Home Depot has admitted that the work is bad and has accepted responsibility but has not paid us one cent nor fixed the following items: Bats in the attic- We had to pay to get the bats out of our attic- we did this with the understanding that Home Depot was reimbursing us the money with our claim. To date we have not received a dime of that money.

Bat Feces/Urine in the attic: This is a really serious health hazard and to date Home Depot has not paid for this work to be completed nor will they pay for an air quality report to see how bad this damage is. They have said they are going to pay, but again, we have received nothing. We live in a hot, humid climate and my wife has a very compromised immune system but they are not budging. Unfortunately we do not have the funds to have this work completed on our own. The vents for our air conditioning run through the attic so it is very concerning with the risks of histoplasmosis and other health issues that can be present in this mess.

Siding repair- Our whole front of the house has siding that has been pried away from our home and is now uneven and wavy. Water and insects are able to get between the siding and structure which is concerning. Home Depot asked for a quote for the repair which we got and got very inexpensive but they again have not paid us to get the repairs done nor have they sent anyone else to do the job right. At this point we just want the house in that area to look like it did before they started the job. We have photos of the home right before the project and after so there is no doubt when the damage occurred.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I wish I would have read this site before contracting with Home Depot. I paid almost double what I would have with a local contractor because I thought Home Depot would be trustworthy. I was selling my home and needed a roof replaced. The inspection report returned with a problem on the roof. Turns out they installed the improper type of material. Now they want to “fix” it by putting a different material on one section of the roof. After all the money I paid, this is unacceptable. Does anyone know who I can contact for help?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Signed a contract and paid a deposit in July 2017. Job has been scheduled 3 times now and they are still a no show! Have a time issue due to homeowners insurance and I'm really very frustrated! If I hadn't needed to finance it I would have went elsewhere, I am at their mercy!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Horrible, the roofing tile I wanted was not what I got, damage to wood moulding, back wall damaged, and sloppy craftsmanship. They did not back up the work. Inspector was rude and argumentative. Stay far away from Home Depot. They are a nightmare. Once they get the money they are done. The sales pitch is all a lie!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They overcharged on all the materials. They said they were top of the line material like the shingles but when I went to return the extra shingles and they had doubled the price. I couldn't get a breakdown on prices of material and labor for my insurance company. They only had a total price. They used some of my own tools. From the road it looks like crap. Once they got their 15,000+ they don't care. They left nails all over and shingle pieces and dust in the gutters and on the deck.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Home Depot install new roof for my house at the early 2015 including new roof chimney cover which took few more months to be completed. After some windy days, one Spring morning we found one of the new chimney cover disappear, and found it on the ground of neighbor's yard. We sent the photos to Home Depot and file a request to re-install the chimney cover. After several visit to the Oakland store, the customer service people promise to have someone to call me at June 23, 2017 the latest. Few more visit... Still nothing done.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased a new roof ($30k-plus) for my new home in May 2017. It took about a month to get the permits, which is understandable. I received a call that the job would start shortly thereafter. Even more so, the new roof comes after a nine-month renovation to the home, which concluded about two weeks ago. Our initial project manager was non-existent. After our materials were delivered August 9th, they remained untouched for a month. Then Hurricane Irma potential becomes eminent and the project suddenly starts! Two days before the storm's arrival, Home Depot insists on starting the project against our will and introduces a new project manager. The installer's work commences for at least 12 hours over two days.

In the midst of the storm water is now pouring everywhere in our family room. Our new furniture and electronics are getting ruined. Our artwork is removed from the walls. And we're steadily manning water spots with so many containers. At some point the room will become uninhabitable and perhaps a hazard. What's more, our roof has debris and materials that were left on top of our roof, which now can serve as projectiles during the storm. The installer left a large propane tank and the large tar machine remains in my driveway after I insisted that the installer remove it. My family and I had to put away the company's raised ladder, which was left standing at the back of the house before the storm.

Stacks of plywood was piled everywhere by workers; we moved those items into our storage unit. An electrical cord was left plugged in hanging from the top of our roof. I had to climb up on the roof, examine the origin, and then remove it. Upon my discovery while surveying the roof, a wheelbarrow and other items still remained there. I simply could not remove them down in time.

This is not my first time using Home Depot for home improvements. I purchased gutters and hurricane shutters. Interestingly enough, I had another issue with shutter installer, too. All but two windows received shutters even though the contract specified all. Home Depot representatives told me that the two windows, both small bathroom windows, were accidentally canceled and would be immediately installed.

The initial installation took place in late June. Last night upon the hurricane's arrival and at 12 a.m., the installer shows up to install the last two windows after weeks of calling Home Depot reps to follow up. We finally get in touch with the installer and he says he's been "busy with other projects" and couldn't get to me in time... two months later? This is unacceptable.

I'm perplexed by the hasty decision-making that took place via Home Depot's representatives. As the consumer, I made it clear that it was not a problem to wait until after the storm to start the project; instead I requested the company to remove the materials so that they don’t become a hazard during the storm. Friendly reminder: this project is costing a good $30K-plus.

Now I'm in a bind not only to complete the project with a company I’m displeased with, but also to restore my already, recently remodeled family room; I’m not sure if Home Depot, through its own omission, will take responsibility for its own actions and recover all that has been lost. The level of inconvenience this causes is beyond reproach. After this experience I simply cannot recommend Home Depot for services to anyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Home Depot of Wilmington, DE came to my home to give me a estimate and stated that the work would be done and done the Home Depot way. Well it was done by using my ladder without permission. My heavy duty is about 400lbs which the guys used and while lifting broke my spreader, and while up on my roof they cracked and broke the crown molding at the top but below the roof job. After the roof was complete, I showed the inspector the damage and I was told they would send me a Home Depot gift card for the spreader that was broken and they would get a estimate for the crown molding and have it fixed.

Now mind you that the crown molding is old but it was not broken and it is now a eye sore and home to squirrels. I just want Home Depot to own up to what was done. Reimburse me for my spreader and fix the damage crown molding. P. S. They knock my chimney off and the just covered it with roof materials which I was okay with but the molding and spreader I'm not!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I got Gutters and Leaf Guard installation from Home Depot after recommendation from sales person of Home Depot Dan **. He recommended that after we install this, no clogging would happen and we never have to worry about water going over the gutters and water will flow properly through gutters. He recommended some areas with commercial gutters. We took his recommendation and paid $5900 for the installation. Since then, we still have the same issues and now one of the gutters downspouts is busted after clogging.

We have been trying to get this issue resolved for over a month. James ** came for the inspection on 20th June, 2017 and made us aware that Leaf Guard does not work. The sales staff just sells and service people have to deal with the issues. He also mentioned that the whole house should have been installed with commercial gutters to minimize the water going over the gutters. It seems Home Depot gets the work done from third party company and they are unable to get hold of them and resolve the issue. Now James ** does not even take the calls and returns back the message left for him. Home Depot is not standing behind the representation they made before this install.

Original review: July 14, 2017

After my roof was damaged by hail, I went with one of the approved vendors on the list from TD insurance, seeing that Peak Installations was linked with the Home Depot name. That was a huge mistake! They were extremely unprofessional, swearing like hoodlums and making a huge mess. I could handle that as long as the job was well done, but it wasn't. They left the front of the house looking horrible! The fascia was bent and wobbly and when I complained to my insurance company (TD, which I'm thinking of switching) Peak came back out to fix it when I wasn't home. They managed to make it look even worse. The fascia is all dented and a metal piece is sticking out from the side of it, too. Some random person at TD decided that this was good enough, even though I sent pictures and the woman handling my file agreed with me that it looked worse.

It's a huge mess, and no one wants to take responsibility for it. I would never trust these people and will think twice about the Home Depot name as well. If anyone has a good insurance company with excellent rates (other than TD) I'll switch that, too. A friend a few streets over from me is with another insurance company and ended up with Peak Installations as well. They broke her sliding door. So on top of the roof hassle, that had to be replaced. Don't trust these guys.

Original review: July 8, 2017

The roof Home Depot has cost me a fortune. When under warranty it leaked. Now out of warranty and I have had to pay for the leak around the chimney due to the flashing done incorrectly twice and they did not replace a gutter properly which has now ruined a large picture window. Plus they charge much more than other roofing companies. Beware!

Original review: June 19, 2017

About a month and a half ago my roof contractor and myself ordered 4,000.00 worth of supplies to do my roof. The order was going to be delivered the next day. It wasn't. The delivery service said he had been calling us all day and was unable to reach us. This wasn't true. Neither of us had him on our caller ID. When he finally did call he claimed he couldn't find my house, so stated he would try to deliver Monday, this was a Friday. He did come Saturday morning after I spoke to Home Depot. When he got to my house he said he knew my neighbor and had been to my road many times. It was one of the 1st nice days we had here in Maine, so I'm guessing he wanted today off.

Late May I bought a washer, dryer, fridge, and stove they were scheduled to be delivered June 6th. I stayed home from work to wait. Around 5:30 I get a call. The man said, "I've had a very bad day and need to make your delivery tomorrow." Ok, I took another day off. I was told the company would call me in the morning. Around 1 pm I called them. They didn't have me on their schedule and my stuff wasn't on the truck. At this point I had given my old appliances away so I had nothing. The next day, Wednesday still no delivery and another day taken off from work.

Finally got my stuff Thursday. Delivery guys were nice but left some cardboard in my back yard. I was just happy to get my stuff. Went to use my dryer a couple days later and the door latch was broken, can't use my dryer. Called Home Depot and they basically told me there's nothing they can do and to call manufacturer. I did and the manufacturer has been very helpful getting the dryer fixed for me.

I've spend almost 8,000.00 in the last month and half and Home Depot has not been helpful at all, just excuse after excuse. I'm remodeling my home this summer and needs lots of stuff, wood, flooring, paint, carpet, and hardwood floors. Replacing furnace, front deck, floors, carpet, painting, new cupboards, countertops. I guess my money isn't a big deal to them because they've lost my business. Will be heading to Lowe's from now on. I can't believe anyone could be worse than Home Depot. They cost me an extra day pay to my roofer and 3 days off from work. I know most of this was the delivery service but I think Home Depot should have a different company making their deliveries.

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information

Home Depot
1978
Atlanta
GA
www.homedepot.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business