Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Home Depot - Roofing
1.24/5

Home Depot - Roofing

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

139 Home Depot - Roofing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 5, 2019

Great Item! I haven't seen one bug since I started using these. I really like that they're organic since I've got two small kids in my house. I will be recommending this product to my friends and family. I got a discount with this product for my review but would certainly purchase at full cost. #1 Best Selling Pest Control Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Repellent Repels Pests In 30 Days or Less or It's Free - https://www.stellarrepeller.com/products/pest-control-ultrasonic-pest-repeller-organic-repellent-products-4-pack.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Home Depot was contracted to start the replacement of my roof and gutters over four months ago in late November, 2018. Problem after problem they told me the best way to fix the quality of work issues and mistakes made was to close out the job by having me pay off the balance and open warranty claim tickets to fix the issues they left. All along the way my wife's home business has suffered financial losses due to the noise caused by the work since the job has dragged on without reliable scheduling of when they would show up. My paychecks have also suffered because Home Depot as the general contractor of this job was not showing up on sight to direct the subcontractors, meaning I had to take time off work day after day to check up on, direct work and point out their mistakes. Dozens of emails, voicemails and text messages had gone unanswered.

Now, the supposed final fixes were scheduled out to coincide with my family being out of town. When I arrived home, all my gutters are off the house and laying in gravel, in my yard, blocking access to my out buildings which I need access to. The rain run off from the roof is now damaging my property further beyond what the HD crews has already done. I'm told by the HD rep that as of this week, 3/27/19, HD is no longer in the roof and gutter business, that's why the contractors didn't finish the job and the roofer that been working on it will not be returning, possibly the gutter installers either. After speaking with the roof and gutter installers, it appears that Home Depot has not been honest with them or myself, the customer. They told me that the news of HD dropping roofs and gutters is at least 6 weeks old.

Get expert buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Several pieces of wood fall off from side of the roof after Home Depot workers were done reinstalling the roof, they left wires hanging, they break the cover of our outside outlet, pieces of wood that was included on the work order to be replaced was not replaced. My husband and I Spent over a year to finally reach a manager who was willing to come over the house to check the lousy work, when the manager came he told us that he will send someone to fix what is needed to get fixed; we never heard from him till today. DON'T HIRE HOME DEPOT FOR YOUR ROOF, find a roofing company to replace your roof. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. HOME DEPOT DOESN'T WORTH EVEN A PENNY.

Original review: March 8, 2019

2 months ago I hired Home Depot to do my roof. They charged me $15,000 to replace my roof. They brought all this material to replace my roof and all they did was replace my shingles. Now 90% of the material that I paid for was not used and sits in my yard. Home Depot said they will pick it up and refund me. It has been 2 months since then. They clearly don't care. How can you use 10% of the material and charge me $15,000. There is still old wood on my roof with holes so thanks Home Depot. And to add the contractor was horrible. He was rude and cursing me with his workers. And he said they he will make sure I don't get a warranty. I'm never using Home Depot again and will use all my power to spread this news.

Original review: March 5, 2019

At the beginning of Feb 2019 we had an estimate from Home Depot to have our roof replaced. We agreed to have them do the work, cancelled two other estimates we had, and paid Home Depot $2,266.93 up front since that is what they asked for. About two weeks later we get an email from Home Depot telling us that they cancelled our roof job so we called them and were informed that they will no longer being doing roofs in the US. We were told that we would receive a refund from them within 5-7 business days and never received it. We have called Home Depot again and was told that the refund will be put through and after another week, NO refund. I am shocked and disgusted at the treatment we are getting from Home Depot and will do ALL of our business with Lowe's from now on on top of filing a chargeback and a claim with the BBB.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 5, 2019

Salesman was fine, but once sale was made, not very helpful. After waiting weeks to start job, combined with the lack of communication between Home Depot and their hired roofers the one area which was not supposed to be replaced, was stripped, due to poor communication. After we brought it to Home Depot's attention, they acted like we got a bonus. Unfortunately, an ice dam and water damage on this area of our roof happened less than 3 months into our first winter. Came home today to discover our screen porch roof is leaking. Currently, no response from the Home Depot roofing manager. Roof was installed in November and it is now March with two major problems, never mind the fact they had to be harassed to complete installation of the vented drip edge which was totally left off. Pathetic excuse for a roofing contractor!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Warning ⚠️⚠️⚠️ I made the roof of my house with Home Depot. They charged me very expensive because they sold me guarantee, trust and everything has been a disappointment. I had leaks and I did not want to repair the internal damages of my house.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had hired Home Depot for getting a roof done on a mobile home. Bad mistake and out of 4600.00. No one will call me back regarding the leaks that are still happening. The roofing company was Spencer Roofing out of Tucson, AZ. Do not use them. They told me I could not put a shingled roof on and found out that was not true. So they "painted" it with roof coating for 4600.00. The job was done in 3 hours! We totally got ripped off and now the Home Depot manager will not contact us. It's gotten to the point of filing a lawsuit for this. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT OR SPENCER ROOFING FOR ANY OF YOUR PROJECTS.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I selected Home Depot roof installation and materials because of the Home Depot name and warranty. The roof has failed and caused damages to the inside ceiling. Home Depot shifted the blame to the homeowner, property manager and tenant rather than stand by their work. They are rude and do not care. I paid $11,700 for this job with no recourse. Very disappointed. Find a local, established and bonded roofer in your area.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Home Depot decided not to honor a signed contract that already had been approved financially and had a $5000+ down payment applied to the loan. I needed a roof and had contacted a few different contractors for estimates. I found out Home Depot did general contract work that covered roofing. I set up a time to meet with a sales rep, and it took hours to get the measurements and then contact and get approved for the project loan through the Home Depot Loan Program. Then we made time for another Home Depot employee to come to our property and get the more exact and final measurements. He informed us that he was now going to order the materials and schedule the work to be done.

Now today I get a call, a month later I might add, saying that they are sorry, but Home Depot has cancelled our project because corporate has decided to no longer do roofing projects as of this week. When I contacted my sales rep, he informed me that Home Depot had fired him and everybody in that scope of work nationwide without notice last week, but he thought they would honor contracts that were already signed and in progress. How can a corporation this big be so unprofessional and back out of a signed contract? Is it even legal? I guess I'll need to ask a lawyer... Lowe's is now my store for home and business projects. And I'm in construction and have always been loyal to Home Depot for all my tools that they had in stock, or orders online for 20+ years. Bye Felicia!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am a senior citizen and Military veteran. I had to contact the Ohio General of Ohio to get my refund that Home Depot. They ignored my request for credit due to me, since they picked up extra material that was not needed that they ordered for my project. They also refused to pick up many opened packages that the installers opened unnecessarily for credit.

I contacted Home Depot by phone, email etc. regarding the refund for a month and half and out of desperation I had to contact our Ohio Attorney General to help me secure my refund. Home Depot still owes me about $750 for products that were unnecessarily opened. Stay away from Home Depot, they make a sale and they ignore you afterwards.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had a appointment today 11/5/2018 at 9. Home Depot sent me a email and called to confirm. I confirmed that today was fine. We had hurricane Michael come thru our town of Bainbridge GA and messed up our roof. We have to get a new roof. So we were going to get a price from the Home Depot. Well the man Richard never showed at 9. So I called at 930 and was told from someone at the 800 number that he came at 8 and no one was home. That is a lie because I have been home all morning!!! And the lady said he came at 8 because of the time change. What kind of professional is this! What a joke. I will tell everyone I know not to use home services at the Home Depot!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I contracted Home Depot to install my new roof in August 2018. During removal the workers knocked off a siding shingle and discarded it with the old roof materials. Additionally, within hours after installation I noticed an area where the new roof shingles were uneven and unprofessionally installed. I was told by the project manager, Mike **, that he would return later in the week to correct the problems. It has been 12 weeks and the problems have not been addressed. I have made seven phone calls to Mike where his reply was "next week."

I have made two calls to Home Depot where I was told it would be brought to the attention of management. I have emailed my sales representative James **, and his supervisor Douglas **, and have had zero response. NO ONE has followed up with me. I chose Home Depot since their warranty was impressive, now I am stuck with a jacked up roof which I cannot hire someone to repair since it will void my warranty. AVOID HOME DEPOT AT ALL COST.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I ordered a color of roofing shingles. They do not have in stock (green). I was told they would be in the following week. A month later the shingles are still not in. I asked them if they would fill the order with a color they do have in stock so that I can get my roof finished and they told me that they'd "have" to charge me a 15% restocking fee if I don't keep waiting on the month late order. I guess not living up to their end of the deal wasn't bad enough, they feel like they need to charge me extra for doing nothing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My roof still isn't done after five months, two calls to their Customer Care, one e-mail to their corporate office and one complaint to the BBB. Home Depot promises peace of mind, installers with the highest standards for experience, total project management and complete and proper installation. I received none of those things. The inept crew that was sent to my home didn't measure, couldn't cut in a straight line or butt together two pieces of drip edge. The overhangs were excessive and uneven. When I told the supervisor that the starter strip overhung one inch and the first course overhung by two inches. He replied "You measured". When I showed him the ragged uneven overhangs on both rakes. He replied "It's hard to see a straight line when you are up on the roof".

After several attempts at rework the roof still didn't look right and their Field Installation Manager comes out. He looks at it and tells me that the installers didn't use a starter strip on three sides of my house. The installers come back and slide a three inch strip of roofing material under the shingles with no sealant or nails and tried to pass that off as done. The next attempt, a starter strip was used, but no nails. The installers did come back to put some nails in, but I don't think they went by the pattern in the instructions. Save yourself a lot of money and headache and don't go with Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My sales and purchasing experience was pleasant. Salesperson was always punctual and clear during home visits. The installation started on time. As soon as the installation started, I began noticing problems and I started communicating via email to Home Depot's project manager and salesperson about installation deficiencies. I also included detailed photos that indisputably illustrate the deficiencies. Luckily I am comfortable getting on tall and steep roofs so I am able to verify and document details of the installation assembly.

Now I believe that Home Depot counts on customers not being able to do this by themselves which allows HD to get away with such poor installations. Nearly all of my emails outlining installation deficiencies after I signed contract have gone ignored. Home Depot's project manager acknowledged receiving my emails when we spoke on the phone, but they are very careful about not generating a written record and they do not respond via email. I signed contract in June-2018. New shingles were installed in August-2018.

Now in October-2018 these are the remaining installation deficiencies: Missing and broken drip edges or drip edges nailed into rotted decking that was supposed to be replaced. Roof deck not repaired per contract - instead of replacing rotted decking, they installed metal flashing over rot and then shingles over that. There are missing shingle starter strips. Garage leaked heavily which was repaired with my old shingles and left that way (ie they ran out of shingles that I purchased). There are missing ridge vents. Shingles not nailed on nailing line with nails not fully embedded. There are humps in new shingles because shingles were not lapped correctly, old nails were not removed or pounded down entirely and rotted roof decking was not repaired with new plywood.

After I expressed much concern prior to shingle installation, they installed new shingles on a flat roof with a 1:12 pitch. Shingle manufacturer, GAF strictly says that the minimum roof pitch for shingles that I purchased is 2:12. So the shingles (but mostly the deck) on flat roof are guaranteed to fail. I also purchased new gutters from Home Depot under a separate contract. Now that Home Depot is delaying completing and curing the roof installation deficiencies, this is delaying new gutters. My house has been without rain gutters since the new shingles were installed and now when it rains, water is pooling next to and penetrating basement walls. Large part of my house is over 100 years old and the old stacked stone foundation walls are taking on excess water.

I have been very stressed as a result of this experience with Home Depot. Interestingly, I chose Home Depot for this project based on my perception of their reputation. Home Depot was one of the more pricey bids that I obtained, but I thought that I was getting a installation with great workmanship. I actually received the opposite. I do not recommend using Home Depot. They only act as a middleman and that they sold my signed contract to another subcontractor. They exert no control over their subcontractor, they do not verify installation quality and they do not have the customer's best interest in mind.

I am no longer actively attempting to get help from Home Depot because they keep giving me a run-around and fail to show when they say they will. I have zero confidence in Home Depot and Home Depot's installers whom are just the cheapest option Home Depot selected on my behalf. I am in the process of seeking legal counsel to resolve this issue.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I contacted Home Depot via the Internet to arrange an inspection and estimate for a new roof. I was given an appointment time and day which was about 3 days from the notice. I had 2 separate confirmation messages by text, which I responded to and confirmed that I would be there for the scheduled appointment. The day before the scheduled appointment I was contacted again to remind me of the appointment. I had cancelled 2 different business meetings that I had cancelled to meet with the roofing contractor. I arrived about 10 minutes early, about 10 minutes after our appointed meeting time I got a call from the contractor telling me that he would not be there and could meet me later in the day as he had not been contacted by Home Depot earlier. Well BS. I wasted most of the day to meet with this guy. DO NOT SCHEDULE home repairs with HOME DEPOT!!! I have since heard from others that have experienced the same problem.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Been trying to get Home Depot to fix my roof for over 3 months. Have black mold growing on ceiling. Every time I call told they will send someone right out. I have more leaks now than before they started.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Took 5 months to do my roof. Did not come out to tarp damage until too late. Now have interior water damage about $60,000.00 and will have to leave my home for two weeks. They did my roof the other day and I had it inspected. Lots of trash left, nails, etc. Left twenty nail hole on one side and put caulking on them. Very poor workmanship. Would not recommend. Whole roof needs to be redone by someone qualified. There is more to the story but would write a book on how bad Peak installation is, might need a lawyer to get involved.

Original review: July 31, 2018

The Home Depot, Home Services Exteriors 1500 CATON CENTER DRIVE SUITE N, HALETHORPE, MD, USA 21227. 1-855-726-4612. Business Points Of Contact: 1. SALES CONSULTANT. 2. INSTALLATION MANAGER. 3. BRANCH OFFICE MANAGER. 4. BRANCH MANAGER. 5. Customer Service. The Complainant would like the Business to stop lying to customers and stop advertising in this area for the services that they cannot provide. On April 10th I contracted with the business to do a roof replacement on my home due to wind damage. The initial timeline expectations from Mr. ** was in a few weeks to a month due to the high volume of work in the area.

On the 25th of April I met with Mr. ** at my house to adjust the contract due to material estimate shortage. Mr. ** said everything was on track and should be scheduled in the next week or so. He pointed out that I needed a tarp installed as a temporary repair to prevent interior damage due to missing shingles. NOTE #1 This was the first Lie. I learned in May from Mr. ** that the only licensed contractor that Home Depot had in this area of West Virginia had been terminated on April 20th due to poor performance. All sales consultants were informed immediately so this means that Mr. ** knew about this at our April 25th meeting for contract adjustment. He knew there were problems but chose to misinform me about the business’s decreased capabilities to keep my deposit money (make the sale).

After contacting Home Depot several times over the next few weeks, I was finally able to get the tarp installed to protect my damaged roof that is now under contract with the HD. I was also in contact with Mr. ** and was informed that there was a problem getting the contractors the proper numbers for the state of WV and these were needed for the building permits that were needed for my job. We had a lengthy discussion about how much more difficult it was to get permits in WV than in surrounding areas like MD and VA.

NOTE #2 This was the second LIE. I contacted the Permitting Department for Jefferson County WV and found out that no building permit was needed for a roof replacement. Mr. ** was using this excuse to cover the fact that the business had no contractors in this area to perform the contracted work and was lying to stall the work progress and keep my deposit. At this point, I contacted BRANCH OFFICE MANAGER, and BRANCH MANAGER. This was done through contacting customer service several times and voicing my displeasure with being lied too by the Sales Consultant and the Installation Manager. Mr. ** explained everything that was going on and understood that I did not want to be dealing with the people that have been lying to me. On Jul 25th I contacted Mr. ** after he left a voice mail message for me. He informed me that I should be hearing from scheduling in the next couple of days.

I did not hear from scheduling and tried to reach out to people on Monday. Mr. ** seemed upset that I am demanding answers as to why no one contacted me and whether or not his business can provide the contracted service. So now, after waiting nearly three months, the contract has been canceled due to lack of contractors and I have to try to get my 5K deposit back from the HD credit card myself.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I want to start by saying that when we started out looking for the roof repair in December 2017, we were expecting a delay. Florida just got hit by Hurricane Irma a few months ago, and so if we were told it could take 7 months to have the roof repaired, we would have been okay with it. It wouldn't have been ideal, but it would have been expected. Instead, we were told it would be 2 months or so, and it ended up being 7, and along the way, we rarely got updates even when we asked for them repeatedly. Plus we got a nice requote of another $3,000 or so along the way.

December 30th- Luis from Home Depot came into the house and did a quick inspection of the roof, inside and out, and showed me the samples that our association would approve. Stated he had done previous projects in the same association already. I signed the contract. I asked when work would start and how long it would take and was told it would start late January/early February and would take 2-3 weeks once started.

March- Received word that the start date would be March 14th, and parts would arrive the week prior. Parts did arrive on time, and workers showed up on March 14th but said the wrong parts were ordered. At this point, we went between 3 and 4 weeks. WEEKS, with no response from Home Depot. No replies to texts, no replies to emails, no answer when we called. 2 separate times I filled out the contact form twice on Home Depot’s website. Both times, I received a call from Home Depot letting me know the project managers would call me back. They did NOT.

After nearly a month, literally like 3 days shy of an entire month, Luis, Cesar, and Kathy showed up and did what should have been done already on December 30th. June- Work on the roof started for the first time. July- The ladder is still there and of course nobody has updated us on the inspection or anything but I guess since nobody has come by for a while that it’s done (?). Who knows right? We’ll never get an update, especially now. Entire project took about 200 days. That is NOT an exaggeration. The last update we received about an inspection being the only thing left to do was day 194. Then a week later when I texted all 3 people, I got a reply from just Cesar saying that the inspection was still needed, pushing the total time (including the inspection which I understand may be out of Home Depot’s control) to over 200 days.

The lack of updates continued throughout the entire project. There were 3 separate times in total that we received no updates, even when we asked for one, for at least 3 weeks. Workers would show up one day and then not come back for 2 days. When the project was done, we only knew because we called and asked over and over again. Right now there are several huge rolls in our drive way that we need to find a way to dispose of, a ton of gravel and nails all over the driveway, and a ladder that nobody has come to pick up. The roof itself looks fine but the level of unprofessionalism has been embarrassing.

I also referred a friend to have his roof done (this was early on before I realized how horrible these people were, and they not only accidentally sawed into his daughter's bedroom, but when they did, they offered to bring some paint over so that my friend could paint the room himself! What kind of audacity do you have to have to even say that!? Never working with Home Depot again.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We got an appointment schedule for measuring, material selection and price to replace roof in our 2500 sq ft home. A text message confirmation was send in 2 days prior. NO SHOW UP for appointment, I call to inquired an hour late into, appointment was in their system but not information why no showing. Customer service try to schedule one for another day. That was unacceptable on my part and they promise the supervisor was trying as we speak to locate a consultant in the area to come home that same afternoon (yeah right I believe her). If one was not available that same supervisor will call to let me know status. 3 days later and they may think I’m still expecting their call. No need to consider giving my business to a company who doesn’t respect costumers, I’m glad they miss our appointment after reading the reviews and nightmares people in here describe about their roof installation all over US.

Original review: July 4, 2018

In September 2017, my mother contracted Home Depot to replace the shingles on the roof of her home. Since the work was sub-standard, the shingles were replaced in October 2017. During a Winter thaw in January 2018, water cascaded through the interior of the house (from the second floor down to the garage). Home Depot was contacted and a "temporary fix" was completed with minimal lead-time. Since then, my mother and I have contacted the Home Depot liaison responsible for our file and after repeated conversations and excuses, the work still has not been completed. In the interim, both the roof and interior were inspected and the results depict extremely sub-standard work. Damages are in the $10,000 range. Since then, I have repeatedly contacted Home Depot Canada (even wrote a letter to the President).

They have matter-of-factly "washed" their hands of the matter and now the file is in the hands of an insurance adjuster. Nine months have passed and still no resolve. Since the Winter, I have been told by the Home Depot Canada Liaison Officer that the work would be completed once the snow and ice melt... and the weather becomes more "accommodating." Unfortunately, we are still waiting... and we are now in the month of July. I am at a loss to understand how a reputable company can hold a customer "hostage" pending legal proceedings between Home Depot and the hired sub-contractor. Home Depot's Value Wheel describes taking care of and respect for all people, doing the right thing and excellent customer service.

Based on our experience and lack of follow-up, it appears that we have not been taken care of or respected and Home Depot has not done the right thing or provided excellent customer service. They place emphasis on "process" as opposed to the customer. The entire experience has caused undue stress and all I am asking for is corrective action within reasonable lead-time. We have been very patient and have waited more than necessary.

Original review: June 30, 2018

In November 2017 we contracted with Home Depot home services to replace the roof on our vacation home in Nevada. As of today, June 30, 2018 we still do not have a completed roof. My husband has been on site for two weeks today and the crew has failed to show up again today. It has been one excuse after another for the last 7 months. We chose to go with Home Depot because we felt they were a reputable company that would not disappear overnight. Boy, was I wrong. If I ever get my new roof, I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This happened last year, but I have to write about it. During the winter of 2016-17, I had a bad leak in the old roof and it wrecked my living room ceiling. Signed a contract beginning of May 2017 with Home Depot for a new roof for $41,000. Steep roof, many gables, etc. Selected shingles, gutters, etc. Was told the job wouldn't start until July 1. Two month wait. Well June 30 they call and say job had to be rescheduled for Sept 11th -- two more months. On Sept 11 they postponed to Sept 24th. On Sept 24 they postponed to October. In October they called and told me I was now "unscheduled." They couldn't find a roofer to do my roof. So in November they tell me they are not going to do the job at all. Along the way, the gutter company called and told me that they don't make the gutter I selected. I selected it from the Home Depot salesman's sample book and then I find out it doesn't exist!

They broke the contract. I, the consumer, would not be allowed to do that. It took months to get my $1000 deposit back. I moved money around for this $41K job. I wasted my summer waiting for the roof to be done. I just about went crazy making phone calls that were not returned or not answered at all. When they canceled in November, we were getting into our rainy season again (Northern California). I didn't want to call another roofer and have my roof opened up in November. So I went through another rainy season with a leak in the living room, and a trash can sitting in the middle of the living room for 6 more months. They sent me a $150 gift card. I wish I had read these reviews here a year ago. So, let me tell you now -- Do not sign anything with Home Depot Roofing.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I got a brand new Roof installed by Home Depot in Mar 2015. In Mar 2018, 7 Shingles flew away on one side of Roof. I asked Home Depot to check it out. They kept me waiting for weeks. Water entered the house in the meantime. I had to follow up every day for them to come and fix it. They sent a person finally after 3 weeks. He said Wind Damage, Act of God, blah blah blah. They are now asking me to contact my Insurance company to look at it. That means another month or so and letting water get into my house. When I said I already got it fixed to Home Depot. She was quick to react back and say "Ok, then warranty is void", as if they were helping me.

They tossed me from department to department and then back to my Insurance company. They could have just fixed the Roof when the Guy came to see it. Also, they sent a different company than the one who installed it. And the Guy was saying they didn't install it. Guys this is how they treat their customers and the warranty means a hassle for you not a "peace of mind". This is unfair business practice. I am never giving my business to Home Depot.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I had my TPO Roof installed Nov 2016 through Home Depot that cost $5800 and within 1 year it has lifted up so I called them and they tell me they will let me know when they can get somebody there because it’s first come first serve basis but then about two weeks later they called and let me know they are sending the same company back out to fix a job that should have been done right the first time. HOME DEPOT WILL NEVER GET ANY MORE BUSINESS FROM ME...

Original review: March 2, 2018

Sales guy was great, but in the area I live in same story of great sales talk, but can't deliver the vision of the sales guy. No fancy measurement person that was promised. Sales guy says I HAVE to put the whole price of the roof on the Depot card. Service center in Texas called me to set up a time to do the work. Day of service random four non English speaking guys in a creepy van are sitting outside my house, no one talks. I move my cars out of the way, they walk up to my wife when I'm moving the cars and talk to her... she's freaking out at this point. Another guy shows up. Both trucks have different company magnet signs on them, HD states it's a company within a company but can't tell me the company's name.

I come back after leaving the house for 30 mins. The roofers busted up pallets I had and used that instead of plywood to fix soft spots, but never said anything of what's going on, I found this out when they were done, by the remaining pieces. When I asked questions the crew leader said pallets are better than plywood, I demanded him to call HD, guy runs we away when he makes the phone call and I was chasing him to hear what he was saying, later I found out he wasn't calling anyone. So HD calls and wants payment, this is when I found out no contact from the crew leader was made confirmed by area rep.

So in a heated phone call they were pushing to have full payment, leaving me with a pallet roof, they have no information that the roofers did the soft spot repair. When I said no payments will be made they tried the schoolyard bully angle, but kept showing how uninformed and out of touch with the legal system they are. Threats towards me and demanding full payment. A second call was made hours later. Per HD executive directors board, if I don't say anything and agreed the roof is repaired ok and not with pallet wood they will generously cut $500 off the bill. My respond was scammers. The roof is unsafe and more than $500. They became very angry again. I said fix the roof or legal action is next and they denied the phone records they have.

Now I have 8 inches of heavy rain coming with 80 mph gusts and possible 6 inches of snow with a roof that is in bad shape and a dumpster in my small yard. They won't clear the dumpster company to pick up the dumpster, because they have no record of a dumpster. But in the same sentence the area rep says he sent to request to pick up the dumpster to the dumpster company who I had called and they have no notice to pick it up. The area rep is saying random names of who to talk to about the dumpster, I was talking with the dumpster company's owner and he has no employees by those names. I have a small yard and can't park on the street and the dumpster is blocked by cars now because I have nowhere to park and per HD I have to be available for when they are ready to do what they want.

Not returning phone calls from the HD area rep or national rep out of Texas, throughout the whole phone calling process the national rep only spoke up when I said I am not paying full price and when I called them scam artists, other than that no words were heard from that rep. The area rep was using the "sound helpful but screw the customer standard auto response answers" which I called them out on since corporations are using the same answers these days. Waiting to see how the storm goes and how the roof holds, and deal with a dumpster I'm my yard. I will update this if possible as the days go by. I have only a digital agreement no receipt, HD is a joke just as bad as the hack contractors.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was suckered by a seemingly honest sales team. After waiting a couple weeks for an estimator to arrive at my house, some preliminary measurements were made. One month later (a few days promised) I was presented with a proposal that was competitive with other bids I had received, but Home Depot had a great sounding warranty. I was given a cell phone of the manager in case there were any problems. Then nothing. For 3 months.

Home Depot still needed to get on my roof for a final measurement before they could even order materials, and then schedule the job. I called the cell phone number and was promised an initial measurement several times but it never happened. Then they stopped answering their phone. I called a supervisor in Texas a couple times and was promised action which didn't happen. After 3 months, I hired a local company that professionally installed my roof in 6 weeks! I am still trying to contact Home Depot to ask about my $1000 deposit (for nothing) and still no one answers the phone!

A warranty is only good if someone answers the phone and acts on it. I have to believe that if I had a problem after installation (how ever long that would have taken) no one would have answered the phone to address it. My suggestion: find a local roofer with local recommendations. AVOID Home Depot ROOFING AT ALL COST!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

After experiencing a bad windstorm in our area, my insurance company provided me with two phone numbers to contact, one of those being Peak Installations. When I called them, I was told they were very busy and it would be a few weeks before they came to assess damage to my home. They told me to sign and return paperwork giving them permission to be on my property, which I never did.

I contacted the other company my insurance company told me to contact and they were at my home within 48 hours. I had them come and do the repairs to my home for a cost of $165. Peak installations claimed to do over $600 of emergency repairs to my roof and provided an estimate for thousands of dollars. I never gave them permission to be on my property, never signed any documents at any time and now they pester me to pay the $600 they claim they incurred to fix my roof. They never did any emergency repairs and were never given permission to examine my home. Avoid this company at all costs!!!

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information