2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot - Roofing Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2020

I am using the app to get pricing for 3 tab roofing shingles. The app says if you buy more than 39 bundles you can save about $6 per bundle. I put the number at 40 bundles and get my price. I then decide I want to see what pricing looks like at 37 bundles, just to get an idea of the pricing difference. After clearing the cart, I went back to put in 37 bundles and the screen now says save $6 per bundle IF YOU ORDER 48.....WTAF? Why was the number of bundles increased by 10 to get the savings? My guess is they are trying to force you to buy more.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I decided to pay for delivery. All I needed was 2 squares of shingles. A delivery person arrived with no shingles. Said someone else 'must' have them in his car. They never arrived. I called Home Depot 7 or 7 times. Put on hold for 40 minutes then disconnected. On hold for 20 minutes once then the phone connected but no one on the other end. I could hear people talking as I yelled "Hello" into the phone. 20 minutes of that then someone hung up on me. Finally got thru on CHAT and was told that I would have to contact the deliver people because they are separate from Home Depot and and now it is my problem to chase them down. Talk about being pushed aside and ignored.

Get buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

About 8 years ago I needed a new roof on my house. Decided to go with Home Depot since they are a big brand name company. Their salesperson came out, and we went over everything the was to be done. Roofers arrived at my house, started doing to work. They were completed within 3 days. Then this is where the problems started. Walked around the house with the roofers and noticed huge gaps where shingles were supposed to be snug up against siding on my house. The fix for that was to put layer upon layer of silicon to fill the gaps. Then issues with permits and final inspection. Finally final inspection passed.

Now 8 years later my roof is not doing so well. Called Home Depot since I am still under warranty, and come to find out they no longer install roofs. They now push me over to their warranty company Genpact. Dealing with Genpact is a joke. Communication is non existent. Finally they send someone out to inspect my roof after close to 2 months and their inspector got on my roof and told me it is one of the worst ones he's seen. He said he's putting in for a full roof replacement. So lots of time goes by since the inspection, and again no communication.

Finally got someone on the phone and they said they sent me out a statement of settlement or acknowledgment. They want to settle for 9k, but 8 years ago Home Depot charged me 21k for a full roof. And now they think 9k is going to replace the roof. I denied their letter and had to get quotes from 2 different roofers. One quote came back at 24k, the second came back at 27k. I submitted them to genpact. After 2 weeks I finally was able to get a hold of someone who told me they were having a meeting with Home Depot regarding all the cases where people had to submit quotes and that I will have an answer on 2-25-2020. I send an email to Genpact inquiring about the meeting and an answer. Where I was sent an email saying that the quotes have been submitted. I then asked how much longer I had to wait, and then was sent another email saying something different than the first.

The second reply said that the quotes will be submitted and a resolution will be had in 10 - 14 days. Hmmmm, so one email says they were already submitted, and the second says they will be submitted, so which is it, have they been or are they still in process of submitting them. And guess I was lied to about the day of the 25th for having an answer. So now my quotes are only good for 30 days, it's already been close to 15 days since I received them.

And now Genpact is saying another 10 - 14 days. Looks like my quotes will not be any good by the time they decide if they are going to pay for a new roof. Possibly making the new quotes more expensive and having to deal with Genpact again to try and get the difference. This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had to deal with. Now I know exactly why Home Depot is not doing roofs anymore. They hired shady roofing companies to do subpar work. And now they do not want to stand by the warranty claim because they are losing all the money they received.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I should have known! Home Depot At Home Services uses Sub-contractors, that subcontract out to the lowest bidder! Beware! These subcontractors (?) have proven to be unqualified and rookies! My complete tear off and install took 7 MONTHS to complete! Do you know why? Because they had used the wrong nails which had protruded through my eaves and my open beam ceiling. Sure, Home Depot gave me a $1000.00 discount, but I paid top dollar to have Top Qualified Roofers install my new roof! If I had known then what I know now - Never, ever, ever will I use Home Depot Roofing to install any more roofs. Oh, but wait! Home Depot doesn’t do roofing installations anymore!

I’ve been trying to have their warranty company come out since June 2019 for my roof that was installed in May 2015. Ever since that fateful install, I’ve been experiencing leaks in 2 parts of my roof. During one of the storms in the first year, my skylight had sprung a leak! The shingles were put in place in a very hideous pattern and the flat roofing material was placed where it covered up the patio eave! I complained about this to Mark ** (someone that would come out to inspect) but he said it looked okay. It’s hideous. This is probably why Home Depot doesn’t do roofing installation anymore - their SubContractors used unqualified people that desperately needed a job. And their warranty company can’t keep up with the demand for repairs. I’m disgusted. I used Home Depot for my Go To store for all my repairs and renovations - without a hesitation. Now, I don’t!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had Home Depot to a complete tear off on the roof on a house that my grandfather built back in the 50s. After about a year it started leaking. I called them. They came out once and fixed that problem. Then in July of this year it started leaking again. Now it is December 16th. They still have not come out to fix the problem.

Home Depot gave the warranty work to a company called Genpact. They call me about once a month to let me know that they still have not assigned the job to anyone and that they're still trying their best. I have asked him numerous times for a complete refund so I could have another roofing company fix what they are unable to or unwilling to fix. I spent about $9,000 on this roof and I wish I would have never went to home Depot. I will never shop there again. If I only found this review site before I made the purchase I would have not used Home Depot. Very dissatisfied customer...Wade **W

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

After having Home Depot do a complete tear off and new sheathing and shingles my roof leaked a week after the installation. It's now been over 2 years and I'm having more issues and they no longer install roofing so they've passed it on to another company and I'm getting nowhere. This is very irritating. I've asked a few of them how they would feel if it was happening to their roof. As of now I have tried for over a month and the Damage continues and still no reply after several calls.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I purchased a roof from Home Depot in 2016. I've dealt with Home Depot for years for professional installation as well as products that I purchase in stores and online. While I have been happy with 90% of my purchases at Home Depot I would strongly discourage anyone from contracting them for roofing services or any other professional services for that matter.

I contacted them a month ago because the roof I purchased is leaking and still under warranty. Despite repeated calls and emails they still have not been able to give me a date for an adjuster to come out to inspect the roof. This is very frustrating because I am getting more moisture seeping in after each rain. It's very hard to justify contracting with Home Depot for professional services if they are not going to honor their warranties as their quotes are often higher than local contractors.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I'm not sure where to begin. It all started 14 months ago. Went Home Depot when the permit was approved to proceed forward with replacing my tile roof soon after delivers supplies to my house. Some of the material went into my garage such as the metal Channel Ridge vents sealer and vents. In front of my garage they delivered a pallet of cement for the tiles for the ridge.

This cement stayed in my driveway for about 11 months. During this time it rained and all of the cement tiles turn to hard cement. All the material had to be thrown in the garbage because of it was no good any longer. These items are typically delivered at the last part of the job and should not have been delivered to my house until it was needed. Both of my driveways were not usable because of debris or supplies during this time. I currently have debris out in front of my driveway that has been standing there for the past five weeks and Home Depot hasn't removed it. What should I do? You be the judge.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I wanted to upgrade my roof insulation so I asked Home Depot to provide the service. They sent an estimator who gave me a price and I had the work done. I found during the winter that the snow on my roof was melting faster than on other similar houses. I called home depot and they sent the same company that did the work to check it. This took more than one call, and the guy said it was OK. But realistically it was not. Then he blamed it on not having adequate roof vents.

They should have done that when they did the original job if that was the cause. I then contacted Home Depot twice to complain and nothing happened. I mean NOTHING. I advise not to use Home Depot for these services as they subcontract and then do not do their own follow-up but depend on the same contractor who didn't do the job properly to evaluate and that is a grand waste of time and money. Home Depot probably gets a commission but their follow-up is as bad as it can get. They do NOTHING. I will never hire anyone through them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I used Home Depot to replace my roof. From the beginning there was conflict between the contractor they brought. And H>D rushed the contractor. They charged more than private contractor, my thinking they were big company and would take of any problems. I was wrong. It's been two years and my insurance has been cancelled.because saging. And board are falling off all around. The home depot sales guy finally came out and looked at it. And said if I had water coming in,

I have not, he shrugged and left. Stating the trim and eves was not a problem unless water leaked..I cant get any response since. I paid 1700.00 and at my age doubt I can find the cash to repair on my own... Claude **

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information