Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

141 Home Depot - Roofing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

March of 2018 I contracted Home Depot (HD) to replace my roof and was told it had a 25-year transferable warranty and they would do the repairs. The job was completed in one day in April 2018 and by April of 2019, I had to call them to have shingles replaced that blew off my roof which is guaranteed to sustain 130 mph winds. The repair was done by the original roofer to my satisfaction. However, the beginning of July 2019 I had a severe leak in my lower roof over my front porch and it did a lot of damage in the entranceway of my house. I called them because we had some severe rain storms and water was coming in.

The reason why I went with HD was because of the warranty and the 2 year charging on their card with no finance charges. Having IV Stage Cancer I wanted everything to be done properly and have no hassles when it came time to sell my house. My roof was over about $11,300 which was $4,000 more than local contractors wanted to do the roof. I am constantly on the phone with them and they are no longer in the roofing business and they are telling me it is up to me to get a contractor to fix the problem of the roof leak and to repair the damages. They want me to submit estimates and photos so they can put it through their insurance and go after the contractor. I still owe $4,700 on my HD Charge. The stress of this matter has been horrible for my health.

I took care of the roof problem being fixed and now I have to have the inside fixed. This is so unfair that a large company like Home Depot gets away with overcharging for all kinds of promises to do repairs and they do nothing. I feel that I should get a credit to my account for all the warranty repairs that they refuse to do. If I have someone else repair the roof it more than likely voids my warranty. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Home Depot Home Services from Baltimore MD installed roof with a 50 year warranty. Spent 3 months trying to get them to fix a problem and was put off time and time again by all persons involved. We were lied to by installation manager and after much frustration and aggravation we were told "Home Depot no longer does roof installations" and the problem they didn't fix was not their responsibility. The roof was only installed less than 4 mos prior to our problem. Horrible Customer Service and now we have another battle to get a partial refund for their breach of contract!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you are prepared for being misled.

Get expert buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Great Item! I haven't seen one bug since I started using these. I really like that they're organic since I've got two small kids in my house. I will be recommending this product to my friends and family. I got a discount with this product for my review but would certainly purchase at full cost. #1 Best Selling Pest Control Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Repellent Repels Pests In 30 Days or Less or It's Free - https://www.stellarrepeller.com/products/pest-control-ultrasonic-pest-repeller-organic-repellent-products-4-pack.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Home Depot was contracted to start the replacement of my roof and gutters over four months ago in late November, 2018. Problem after problem they told me the best way to fix the quality of work issues and mistakes made was to close out the job by having me pay off the balance and open warranty claim tickets to fix the issues they left. All along the way my wife's home business has suffered financial losses due to the noise caused by the work since the job has dragged on without reliable scheduling of when they would show up. My paychecks have also suffered because Home Depot as the general contractor of this job was not showing up on sight to direct the subcontractors, meaning I had to take time off work day after day to check up on, direct work and point out their mistakes. Dozens of emails, voicemails and text messages had gone unanswered.

Now, the supposed final fixes were scheduled out to coincide with my family being out of town. When I arrived home, all my gutters are off the house and laying in gravel, in my yard, blocking access to my out buildings which I need access to. The rain run off from the roof is now damaging my property further beyond what the HD crews has already done. I'm told by the HD rep that as of this week, 3/27/19, HD is no longer in the roof and gutter business, that's why the contractors didn't finish the job and the roofer that been working on it will not be returning, possibly the gutter installers either. After speaking with the roof and gutter installers, it appears that Home Depot has not been honest with them or myself, the customer. They told me that the news of HD dropping roofs and gutters is at least 6 weeks old.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Several pieces of wood fall off from side of the roof after Home Depot workers were done reinstalling the roof, they left wires hanging, they break the cover of our outside outlet, pieces of wood that was included on the work order to be replaced was not replaced. My husband and I Spent over a year to finally reach a manager who was willing to come over the house to check the lousy work, when the manager came he told us that he will send someone to fix what is needed to get fixed; we never heard from him till today. DON'T HIRE HOME DEPOT FOR YOUR ROOF, find a roofing company to replace your roof. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. HOME DEPOT DOESN'T WORTH EVEN A PENNY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 8, 2019

2 months ago I hired Home Depot to do my roof. They charged me $15,000 to replace my roof. They brought all this material to replace my roof and all they did was replace my shingles. Now 90% of the material that I paid for was not used and sits in my yard. Home Depot said they will pick it up and refund me. It has been 2 months since then. They clearly don't care. How can you use 10% of the material and charge me $15,000. There is still old wood on my roof with holes so thanks Home Depot. And to add the contractor was horrible. He was rude and cursing me with his workers. And he said they he will make sure I don't get a warranty. I'm never using Home Depot again and will use all my power to spread this news.

Original review: March 5, 2019

At the beginning of Feb 2019 we had an estimate from Home Depot to have our roof replaced. We agreed to have them do the work, cancelled two other estimates we had, and paid Home Depot $2,266.93 up front since that is what they asked for. About two weeks later we get an email from Home Depot telling us that they cancelled our roof job so we called them and were informed that they will no longer being doing roofs in the US. We were told that we would receive a refund from them within 5-7 business days and never received it. We have called Home Depot again and was told that the refund will be put through and after another week, NO refund. I am shocked and disgusted at the treatment we are getting from Home Depot and will do ALL of our business with Lowe's from now on on top of filing a chargeback and a claim with the BBB.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Salesman was fine, but once sale was made, not very helpful. After waiting weeks to start job, combined with the lack of communication between Home Depot and their hired roofers the one area which was not supposed to be replaced, was stripped, due to poor communication. After we brought it to Home Depot's attention, they acted like we got a bonus. Unfortunately, an ice dam and water damage on this area of our roof happened less than 3 months into our first winter. Came home today to discover our screen porch roof is leaking. Currently, no response from the Home Depot roofing manager. Roof was installed in November and it is now March with two major problems, never mind the fact they had to be harassed to complete installation of the vented drip edge which was totally left off. Pathetic excuse for a roofing contractor!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Warning ⚠️⚠️⚠️ I made the roof of my house with Home Depot. They charged me very expensive because they sold me guarantee, trust and everything has been a disappointment. I had leaks and I did not want to repair the internal damages of my house.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had hired Home Depot for getting a roof done on a mobile home. Bad mistake and out of 4600.00. No one will call me back regarding the leaks that are still happening. The roofing company was Spencer Roofing out of Tucson, AZ. Do not use them. They told me I could not put a shingled roof on and found out that was not true. So they "painted" it with roof coating for 4600.00. The job was done in 3 hours! We totally got ripped off and now the Home Depot manager will not contact us. It's gotten to the point of filing a lawsuit for this. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT OR SPENCER ROOFING FOR ANY OF YOUR PROJECTS.

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information