Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot - Roofing Reviews

Original review: March 20, 2019

Several pieces of wood fall off from side of the roof after Home Depot workers were done reinstalling the roof, they left wires hanging, they break the cover of our outside outlet, pieces of wood that was included on the work order to be replaced was not replaced. My husband and I Spent over a year to finally reach a manager who was willing to come over the house to check the lousy work, when the manager came he told us that he will send someone to fix what is needed to get fixed; we never heard from him till today. DON'T HIRE HOME DEPOT FOR YOUR ROOF, find a roofing company to replace your roof. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. HOME DEPOT DOESN'T WORTH EVEN A PENNY.

Original review: March 8, 2019

2 months ago I hired Home Depot to do my roof. They charged me $15,000 to replace my roof. They brought all this material to replace my roof and all they did was replace my shingles. Now 90% of the material that I paid for was not used and sits in my yard. Home Depot said they will pick it up and refund me. It has been 2 months since then. They clearly don't care. How can you use 10% of the material and charge me $15,000. There is still old wood on my roof with holes so thanks Home Depot. And to add the contractor was horrible. He was rude and cursing me with his workers. And he said they he will make sure I don't get a warranty. I'm never using Home Depot again and will use all my power to spread this news.

Original review: March 5, 2019

At the beginning of Feb 2019 we had an estimate from Home Depot to have our roof replaced. We agreed to have them do the work, cancelled two other estimates we had, and paid Home Depot $2,266.93 up front since that is what they asked for. About two weeks later we get an email from Home Depot telling us that they cancelled our roof job so we called them and were informed that they will no longer being doing roofs in the US. We were told that we would receive a refund from them within 5-7 business days and never received it. We have called Home Depot again and was told that the refund will be put through and after another week, NO refund. I am shocked and disgusted at the treatment we are getting from Home Depot and will do ALL of our business with Lowe's from now on on top of filing a chargeback and a claim with the BBB.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Salesman was fine, but once sale was made, not very helpful. After waiting weeks to start job, combined with the lack of communication between Home Depot and their hired roofers the one area which was not supposed to be replaced, was stripped, due to poor communication. After we brought it to Home Depot's attention, they acted like we got a bonus. Unfortunately, an ice dam and water damage on this area of our roof happened less than 3 months into our first winter. Came home today to discover our screen porch roof is leaking. Currently, no response from the Home Depot roofing manager. Roof was installed in November and it is now March with two major problems, never mind the fact they had to be harassed to complete installation of the vented drip edge which was totally left off. Pathetic excuse for a roofing contractor!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Warning ⚠️⚠️⚠️ I made the roof of my house with Home Depot. They charged me very expensive because they sold me guarantee, trust and everything has been a disappointment. I had leaks and I did not want to repair the internal damages of my house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had hired Home Depot for getting a roof done on a mobile home. Bad mistake and out of 4600.00. No one will call me back regarding the leaks that are still happening. The roofing company was Spencer Roofing out of Tucson, AZ. Do not use them. They told me I could not put a shingled roof on and found out that was not true. So they "painted" it with roof coating for 4600.00. The job was done in 3 hours! We totally got ripped off and now the Home Depot manager will not contact us. It's gotten to the point of filing a lawsuit for this. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT OR SPENCER ROOFING FOR ANY OF YOUR PROJECTS.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I selected Home Depot roof installation and materials because of the Home Depot name and warranty. The roof has failed and caused damages to the inside ceiling. Home Depot shifted the blame to the homeowner, property manager and tenant rather than stand by their work. They are rude and do not care. I paid $11,700 for this job with no recourse. Very disappointed. Find a local, established and bonded roofer in your area.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Home Depot decided not to honor a signed contract that already had been approved financially and had a $5000+ down payment applied to the loan. I needed a roof and had contacted a few different contractors for estimates. I found out Home Depot did general contract work that covered roofing. I set up a time to meet with a sales rep, and it took hours to get the measurements and then contact and get approved for the project loan through the Home Depot Loan Program. Then we made time for another Home Depot employee to come to our property and get the more exact and final measurements. He informed us that he was now going to order the materials and schedule the work to be done.

Now today I get a call, a month later I might add, saying that they are sorry, but Home Depot has cancelled our project because corporate has decided to no longer do roofing projects as of this week. When I contacted my sales rep, he informed me that Home Depot had fired him and everybody in that scope of work nationwide without notice last week, but he thought they would honor contracts that were already signed and in progress. How can a corporation this big be so unprofessional and back out of a signed contract? Is it even legal? I guess I'll need to ask a lawyer... Lowe's is now my store for home and business projects. And I'm in construction and have always been loyal to Home Depot for all my tools that they had in stock, or orders online for 20+ years. Bye Felicia!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I am a senior citizen and Military veteran. I had to contact the Ohio General of Ohio to get my refund that Home Depot. They ignored my request for credit due to me, since they picked up extra material that was not needed that they ordered for my project. They also refused to pick up many opened packages that the installers opened unnecessarily for credit.

I contacted Home Depot by phone, email etc. regarding the refund for a month and half and out of desperation I had to contact our Ohio Attorney General to help me secure my refund. Home Depot still owes me about $750 for products that were unnecessarily opened. Stay away from Home Depot, they make a sale and they ignore you afterwards.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had a appointment today 11/5/2018 at 9. Home Depot sent me a email and called to confirm. I confirmed that today was fine. We had hurricane Michael come thru our town of Bainbridge GA and messed up our roof. We have to get a new roof. So we were going to get a price from the Home Depot. Well the man Richard never showed at 9. So I called at 930 and was told from someone at the 800 number that he came at 8 and no one was home. That is a lie because I have been home all morning!!! And the lady said he came at 8 because of the time change. What kind of professional is this! What a joke. I will tell everyone I know not to use home services at the Home Depot!!!

Home Depot - Roofing Company Information