Owens Corning Shingles

• 1%
    • 0%
    • 64%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Owens Corning?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Owens Corning?
      Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed July 1, 2024

My house had the roof done in Summer of 2020. We bought the house winter 2021. We bought with the understanding that the roof was covered. Over the weekend, the roof started leaking into my kitchen. We called Monday morning and were told to kick rocks because we didn't know that we had to transfer the warranty within 60 days of buying the home. The fact that we didn't transfer paperwork should have no issues with the quality of their work. The warranty was supposed to be good for 5 years. We are in the 4 year, and it is only July and the warranty started September 2020, so their work hasn't even last 4 years!

I will hire someone to fix my roof and the leak because their quality of work simply doesn't hold up. The warranty should be on the home, the home isn't moving or going anywhere,it simply shows that their quality is below average and they will do anything to wiggle out of honoring their warranty. I guess that is what happens when subpar businesses do work.

Reviewed June 25, 2024

I wish I could do no stars. Their warranty system is awful! They want you to jump through hoops and make it so hard hoping you just give up. They want me to send more shingles but only willing to reimburse me for the first cost of a contractor to come remove and replace shingles. I have gave them all the pictures and more but it’s still not enough. They didn’t jump through hoops to take my money and then not willing to make it right. That’s wrong.

Get buying tips about Roof Shingles delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
        Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I had my Owens Corning Duration Architectural Onyx Black shingles installed last year by Karcher Roofing. The best shingles on the market. Karcher Roofing has the best customer service around. Very Respectful. Very Knowledgeable.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Hats off to Owens Corning Shingles for providing such an outstanding customer service. They went above and beyond to ensure that we get superior workmanship. Now our roofing project was completed on time and within budget. 10 on 10 service!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 18, 2024

From my personal experience, as a female homeowner, their reputation is an illusion. I selected them thinking I would be dealing with a professional and concerned company but once the installation is done they are too busy for you and focus on their next sale so you are old news. I cannot emphasize the level of disappointment so especially for female customers they promote being a female focused company but truly the female employees there are mean, rude and really don’t care about you as a customer so that was truly a harsh reality to experience. I would never engage any products from them again or refer anyone to them in good conscience. Just Bad.

Installation & SetupOnline & App

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

I recently bought a brand new house. During closing, I was told to get registered my roof's warranty. In order to do this I needed to find info on the roof installation date, shingle name, color installed, and number of squares installed. First of all, why does Owens Corning require to register existing warranty? Why do they make the new owner of the property to find and contact the contractor who installed the roof. Why do they make you to waste your time and go through all this nonsense? OK, I collected the info they requested and went online to register the warranty. Their website asks additional questions I have no answers to. What kind of scoff is this? If you, Owens Corning, desire to learn about the shingle installed on the house, make the contractor to provide you with this info. Have some respect to the owners of the houses. Those owners, nobody else, pay eventually for your shingles and provide a living for you.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed April 25, 2023

I had my Owens Corning Duration, Desert Sand roof put on in 2019, by a Platinum Contractor. The install was done well and I have checked the roof since after the first year. Last year I noticed that some of the fiberglass matting was showing on the seams and more of the granules than I thought should have for the age, had come off. This year on my inspection, more areas of matting were showing and more granules and sagging of the surfaces was seen. I took lots of pictures and contacted Owens Corning to file a claim. I received a quick response along with instructions on what I needed to do. I followed the directions and spoke several times with the claims people on what else was needed.

My installer came out and removed two full shingles as requested by OC. After the contractor sent in his photos, a couple of weeks later received a letter from OC and a check for labor. At this point, I am pleased with their response but a bit leery of the wording of the letter that OC is honoring their Platinum warranty but after this it sounds like I will be on my own. The question now will the OC replacement shingles last or am I going to have the same issue 4 years from now and is there a warranty on the replacement shingles. I have asked the installer his thoughts. We shall see how this plays out.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2023

In 2012 we put a new roof on our using Owens Corning Duration Shingles that came with a 30 year warranty. Now in February of 2023 I have learned that we need to have a new roof installed. I filed a claim with Owens Corning, and they denied my claim. OC said the 5 year wind warranty had expired. I was not filing a wind claim. My claim was that the shingles are junk and did not live up to their warranty!!

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2022

I bought a house that had just had new shingles installed and warrantied by Owens Corning, so I thought. The previous owner had 60 days to transfer the warranty to us, the new owners. I contacted them about 90 days after taking possession because the installation was terrible and needed a few things addressed, they of course told me to take a hike. Nowhere on the warranty/registration letter I had said anything about a deadline to transfer warranty. Very petty of them not to honour their warranty because of 30 days.

Reviewed July 15, 2022

Our company used this brand-briefly. Due to the fact that they do NOT stand behind their product! We have had at least 6 customers with manufacturer defects. NOT one time has Owens stood behind their product!! As a roofing company it is a disgrace that this shingle manufacturer can and will take advantage of consumers, including our company. What a rip off this company is. I have just read that Owens had a class action lawsuit taken out against them.

Take a Roofing Quiz