2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

For over 40 years Cinch Home Services (formerly HMS Home Warranty) has been committed to making home ownership easy by working with real estate professionals, home buyers and sellers to provide affordable coverage for mechanical failures of major home systems and appliances.

Cinch is a member of the National Home Service Contract Association and we have a nationwide network of over 18,000 service partners to provide repair or replacement services. Our customer service teams are available 24/7/365 and we provide a simple claims process.

We understand that home ownership is a big investment, and we help to protect both home buyers and home sellers from expensive and unexpected repair and replacement costs before, during and after the sale of the home.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

HMS offers plans for all stages of home ownership. While there are some limitations in standard coverage, all essential items are covered, and a variety of add-on options are available to customize your plan.

PROS

• Customizable coverage for buyers
  • Emergency lodging reimbursement
  • No waiting period for sellers
  • Plans for all real estate stages

CONS

• High deductible
  • Full coverage subject to add-on fees

Top HMS Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Contacted HMS to report the claim, was able to schedule an appointment within a few hours. [The plumber] assessed the problem and was fixed within a half hour. The disposal had to be replaced and the leak was repaired. Professional and courteous, I would highly recommend them...

I have submitted two claims and I was contacted by contractors within an hour after submitting a claim. They were then able to fix the issue on the first visit and they provided good customer service. The deductible seems reasonable and they cover a lot with no questions asked.

HMS Home Warranty plans

Buying a home can be intimidating, but a home warranty can give you peace of mind and reduce the cost of expensive repairs or replacements. HMS Home Warranty offers plans that cover all of the major systems in your home, from plumbing and electrical to the HVAC system.

HMS offers plans to customers nationwide through more than 40,000 local service representatives and offers 24/7 customer service. HMS offers the following types of warranty plans:

• Seller: Designed for someone selling a home that wants coverage while the home is on the market. Covers major appliances and systems.
  • Buyer Conversion: Begins with the seller while the home is on the market, then is transferred to the buyer once the home is purchased.
  • Buyer Direct: Can be purchased by a home buyer at the time of closing. HMS offers advanced coverage only available for buyer plans.
  • New Home: Coverage begins one year after the sale closes, which is typically when a builder’s warranty would expire.
  • Open Direct: This plan is for existing homeowners. Anyone can purchase this type of plan at any time. Becomes effective 30 days after the plan is purchased.

HMS Home Warranty cost

The average cost for an HMS Home Warranty is around $40–$50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. Their service call fee, the amount you’ll pay for a technician to come to your home (also known as a deductible) varies by region.. The Premier Upgrade Plan is available for an additional $89 of $99 each year, depending on where you live.

Because prices vary by location and plan selected, to get an accurate quote for your home, you’ll need to request a quote directly from HMS.

PlanStarting Monthly Cost
Buyer$37 ($449/year)
Seller$32 ($449/year)
New Home$46 ($549/year)
* Prices quoted for Houston, Texas. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

HMS Home Warranty coverage

HMS covers a good selection of home systems and appliances. Coverage availability may differ slightly between warranty plans, with homebuyers having the widest selection of coverage options.

All HMS Warranty plans cover:

• Kitchen appliances
  • Jetted tub
  • Sump pump
  • Water heater

Air conditioning, washer and dryer may also be covered depending on your location.

*Additional fee applies on seller plans

Optional coverage for home buyers:

• Outside gas lines
  • Outside sewer and water lines
  • Pools/spas
  • Septic tanks
  • Water softeners
  • Well pump systems

*Add-on prices range from $40-205 per item.

Premier Upgrade Package:
When purchased, the Premier Upgrade Package (PUP) will provide buyers with up to $1,000 of coverage for non-covered charges associated with a covered repair or replacement. It provides coverage for items not typically included in home warranty contracts like duct, electrical and plumbing modifications, code upgrades and permits.

HMS Home Warranty Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2020

The Realtor that we used when we relocated to Cincinnati suggested that we ask for a home warranty on the house that we purchased and she was the one that recommended HMS. We’ve had it for about 18 years now. Submitting a claim to them was just like every other company. It started off where I would talk to a live person a lot. Now, it’s not so easy to do that. I have to follow quite a few prompts through the voicemail to finally talk to a live person. It’s become more automated. Over the years, it’s gotten more and more difficult. Like for the renewal, for example. Three years ago, there was a rep that would call and talk about renewing the policy. Now, I'd get three emails and one thing in the mail, and that’s about it. It was not so much buyer-friendly. But that was what stood out about them. I’ve checked other companies over the years, and I found them more customer-friendly than the other ones at that time.

The contractors that came out were probably not the best known for the area that I currently live but the equipment and the panel trucks they drive in are usually decent shapes. All the ones that we’ve had in Florida always wore a uniform and they look respectable. It’s not like we're getting a third-rate person to come and fix the air conditioner. Their quality of work is good.

However, I had a couple of hiccups. I live in about an hour south of Sarasota in Florida and an hour north of Fort Myers and the problem is HMS doesn’t have contractors in my little town. It’s always somebody that has to drive an hour or an hour and 15 minutes to get to my home. There’s not a lot of vendors to choose from that wanna travel to my area. That’s the first thing. So, a lot of times, if it’s in July and I'd get an air conditioner issue, the contractors that would service here are booked solid. But they show up within their allotted time of 48 hours being here. When I lived in Cincinnati, it was much easier because I live closer to the city. I could call and get someone out the same day or the next day.

When my air conditioner was out, I called HMS on a Friday night at 5:30, which was terrible because the contractors were all closed at 5:00 on Fridays, and they'd have skeleton crews that work on Saturday for fixing air conditioners. HMS gave me a company’s name and telephone number so I called then the phone actually rolled to a different number and it rang, and I got a voice mail, and I left a voice mail. I didn’t get any callback Friday night. I called Saturday morning at 8:00, then I called again at 10:00. I called again at noon. Finally, a guy picked up the phone and pretty much cussed me out once I’ve done the other because I was bothering him so much. I told him that it was the number that I got and that it was rolling to his phone from a business phone as I was not dialing it direct. It was Monday morning before I could talk to anyone, but it wasn’t HMS’ fault. It was the contractor.

What happened was the girl that works for the office was sick that day and the boss routed the phone to the wrong phone number. He made a typo. Instead of 4 5, he typed in 4 6, and this poor guy was kinda upset. He was getting phone calls at all times of day and night so I felt sorry for him. Then I said that I wanted somebody else to come out. It was 88 degrees and humidity was 88%. I couldn’t go without air conditioning. Once it was resolved, the guy came out the next day. He had to order the part, but they were able to bypass the issue to make the air conditioner run until they got the new circuit board in, and then they came back and fixed it. So, it worked out fine, but it was kinda stressful from Friday night till Monday morning.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Realtor that sold us the house 20 years ago recommended we keep the warranty. We have had to submit several claims. Most of them have been very good. However, I have a complaint, and that is that it seems like HMS switches contractors quite often. For instance, we had a contractor sold Carriers when he replaced the air conditioner the first time. And then about 12 years later, when they had to replace the air conditioner again, it was a Goodman contractor. We objected because it was a real hot summer and we’ve already been five or six weeks since we contacted them. And I’m a heart patient and we were just dying in the house almost.

Finally we got it straightened out and then they wanted to put, what I considered, an off brand air conditioner in. I said, “Now, wait a minute. We had a Carrier in here and the Carrier we had replaced earlier, I believe it might have been Chrysler or Carrier, but it was a big name brand when it was installed.” And so they got back with me a few days later and said, “Well, we can give you a Carrier, but it’s gonna be another 10 days, two weeks, before we could get it here.” We had no choice but had to go with the cheaper brand. Something we never heard of. We had to go with it. We got stuck with an off brand that we never heard of and we thought that we should have been advised of that by HMS, “We’re gonna send you an off brand air conditioner. But it’s good and we think it’ll do you the job.” If they’re going to switch brands on us, or force us to switch brands, they ought to tell us beforehand.

And then HMS, objected because it was a five-ton unit that the man ordered. And he told them, “Wait a minute. It’s replacing a five-ton unit. And this big house, it’s gonna take every bit of that.” He was right. Another ton or two probably would have been more adequate than what we got. So we probably are paying a little more each month in utilities and wear and tear on the machine also that we would otherwise.

So, the guy that came out and did it knew his business. He wasn’t real good on bookkeeping or paper keeping, but as far as the air conditioner went, he always gave me answers that were in line with what I understood. And my father-in-law was a air conditioning contractor for about 40 years in the Texas Metroplex, and then I certified in air conditioning repair. I don’t know a whole lot about it, but I do have a better understanding of certain aspects of it. And this last man, his technical knowledge and understanding seemed just like it ought to be. He got stuck with some folks who had been out of air conditioning for five or six weeks. But he was a gentleman about it and was very nice. We really liked him.

HMS Home Warranty response

Jim, First and foremost we would like to express our sincere gratitude for allowing us to service your home warranty needs for so many years! We are glad to know that overall your experience has been positive. We also appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience that didn’t live up to your expectations. This information is useful in our ongoing efforts toward striving to be the best in the business! We look forward to many more years of partnership! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've been with Cross Country for at least 10 years. Historically, their service is great. They're responsive. The vendors that they've dispatched to our home are effective and efficient in resolving matters. But I had an experience with them over the course of the last three weeks that was not positive. I responded to a survey back today regarding that very negative experience.

Evidently, the vendors that they would normally contract with no longer have a contract in my area. My claim was outsourced to a different warranty company that did have a contract with a vendor in the area. I wasn’t working directly with them but I was going through them then they were having to outreach to the other vendor to follow up for me or find out where we were in the process. I requested that they escalate it because it had to do with our refrigerator freezer in our home and it took three weeks to get the refrigerator running. We went three weeks without a major appliance in our home. I'm not very pleased.

Also, I did all the follow-up like me contacting the vendor or me contacting the warranty company. The second time that I contacted them, I requested that it be escalated and was told that it was. The fourth time that I contacted them, I was told that it had never been escalated. By that time, the vendor had already contacted me that the parts were in. I wanted to schedule the appointment for a repair but the vendor wouldn't schedule it until they had the parts.

When the parts came in, I had to find their next available appointment which was a full three weeks from the first time that they came out to inspect the appliance. That was odd to me because we've had things repaired. We've even had a refrigerator repaired before although not this particular one in question. The vendor came out the same day, inspected it, and fixed it the same day. But for this particular claim, the gentleman from the vendor came out on a Friday, inspected it, and said they were gonna have to order parts. I needed to unplug the refrigerator and let it completely thaw. He told me that unfortunately, it was a Friday. By the time he could get back to the office, it could be Saturday or Monday before they could enter my paperwork. In reality, it was actually the following Tuesday that the paperwork got entered and that's when I tried to start speeding things up with no luck.

What I'm used to with Cross Country is they dispatch somebody out, they address the issue, and they resolve the issue the same day. Very rarely have I had a situation where there was an issue like after the first year when we had an issue with the plumbing. They dispatched somebody out who ended up making the problem worse. They told me that they couldn't resolve the problem and that I would either need to contact the warranty company or their office. The tech left and I called their office back. They said they couldn't get somebody else out there to fix what needed to be fixed. It was after Christmas and I would have to wait five more days to get somebody out.

I called the warranty company back and they dispatched a new vendor within probably 24 hours and had the issue resolved within 15 minutes. They handled that one well because they were willing to dispatch a different vendor out. But with my refrigerator claim, it's a little bit different. My guess is the last time we had a refrigerator worked on under this warranty company, they used a Sears repair technician but Sears is no longer in our area. They closed. My guess is if there are still some Sears repair places within the country, their contracts are probably is still active. But in our area, with Sears pulling out, I'm sure that was part of the problem.

When I called in and asked for them to escalate the issue, it should have been escalated. They should have not told me that it was gonna be escalated. A note on the account to contact the customer for a follow-up to let me know that it had been escalated or where things were in the process would have been appreciated. The vendor was upset that I was calling them for follow-up because they weren't the friendliest.

The work was good but it was kind of a continual "Why do you keep calling me?" sort of thing. They would tell me they were waiting on the warranty company. When I would call the warranty company, they would tell me they were waiting on the vendor. I'm certain this is because they outsourced the request. Overall, the warranty coverage is good. As with anything with time, the out of pocket has gone up but it's still $100. And if you think about having to replace parts or have work done, you're still saving quite a bit of money with only paying $100.

HMS Home Warranty response

William, We have an unwavering commitment to provide exceptional service and we appreciate your detailed feedback. Thanks for sharing! - Angela

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

When the first reps from DMV Heating & Cooling came out here, they did the job but they didn’t install things correctly. It was causing my unit and my gas furnace to have more issues. I had a neighbor of mine come by in November and he mentioned that my pressure switch was bad but when DMV came out, they did not switch the pressure switch and it should’ve been switched back then in November. We had no heat for two months. We had to wait for a part that had to be ordered and it took close to a month. My four-year-old was the first one to get sick and then the rest of us started getting sick and it was because we didn’t have any heat in our two-level home. The portable heaters were not doing enough because it was just cold and this was in November and December time frame where the temperatures dropped really low.

DMV reassigned the claim because the tech was on vacation and they didn’t wanna come out here, so they wouldn’t pick up the phone. It took them two days to call me back. DMV is a big company but they are bad with communication. When I got Residential Systems, they were courteous and Mark was amazing. HMS should continue to do business with them. The technician that came out diagnosed the problem, figured out what it was, troubleshoot it, found the root cause and fixed it. Everything else was good with this recent claim and HMS really followed through. Rodemy, the supervisor, was amazing. I'm supposed to get a call back from her this morning because she missed me on Friday. So, I'm still waiting for her call. I had to pay Residential Systems $492 because of the work that DMV did improperly but I'm thrilled because I didn’t have to pay a deductible the second time.

This time around, there was constant communication and I received multiple call backs. The only thing that I dislike is that when you call in to HMS if you’re trying to do a claim over the phone, it gives you the runaround before you get to a representative. You have to speak into the virtual machine and it starts asking you all these questions. But then I realized I could do it online. Sometimes though, I like to explain so that it falls under the proper category. The drop down menus were what I was having trouble with and then I found out that my furnace is a gas furnace and not electric but it does give you the option now in the drop down menu.

I’ve had HMS here since 2015 and I have a townhouse in Virginia Beach, and I was curious as to why they canceled the policy at that townhouse. I used to have American Home Shield and then I switched over to HMS but they said that I would not be able to continue with the policy. I just got a letter with a random explanation. I ended up getting a new fridge and a new microwave because of it malfunctioning at my rental property and I have no coverage there. If HMS could investigate that, that would be nice. I was paying 51.99 for the rental property and I'm paying 46.99 for the property here, which is our primary residence. But I don’t have any coverage at the townhouse in Virginia Beach which I would love to have. If not, then everything else will have to go through my property manager and it’ll end up being a little bit more.

HMS Home Warranty response

Oneris, We appreciate your feedback about your claim experience, and we regret that the service you received from the first provider was less than expected. We’ll have our Renewal team follow up with you to better explain the renewal at your Virginia Beach home. Sincerely, Amanda

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I've learned now to do my claims online with Cross Country Home Services. But before then, I used to call in my claims all the time. I have a claim right now and I did it online, so I didn't have to speak to anybody this time. But every time before that, I've called in, and the Cross Country reps have always been very helpful. The website is user-friendly but the two items that I had prior fell in the same category, and I couldn't figure out how to add two. So, I ended up having to call. After I did it online, the rep added it on for me through the phone call.

I've had different contractors every time. For this claim I have now in one of my AC units not blowing properly, Cross Country gave me Sears. The tech came out and was very professional. Everybody has always been professional, but Sears is a well-known, branded company. The truck's got their names on it, and they have the uniforms on. It just looked like a professional company. All the time, the contractors don't have that presentation but they all have always been satisfying in their work.

Right now I have the platinum coverage, but I started off with the basic. I didn't really know as a homeowner because you have to go through experiences in order to know what you have, what you need. So, in-between the time I bought my home, I got divorced and I'm a single female who knows stuff because I am a homeowner, through experience.

I research, read, ask people, ask my neighbors, ask my friends. "Hey, you ever had this?" But I'm not the norm. For me, I need to make sure that I have the top-notch coverage because as a female, I don't wanna be out of pocket every time something breaks. So, for me, it was important to upgrade. I went to the platinum because one time, I had a stoppage in one my bathrooms, but it was after the fact that I found out that it wasn't covered. One of the technicians, he was like, "Well, you have to have it under your plan." I called the call center, and they said, "Oh, yeah, you had the gold" and then I ended up going platinum. And so, I was like, "Well, if it happens again," and thanks to god it didn't happen again, "I need to make sure that I can just make a call." It's so convenient to make a call, I know what my deductible is, and I go from there. For me, it's a total peace of mind.

My experience has been non-incidental every time. If something breaks, it gets fixed or replaced. I've had replacements and I've had repaired equipment. They have never once gave me problems whatsoever. I hear the technicians give me horror stories about some of the companies, about going through the red tape. And they said, "Oh, you have Cross Country, you're in good hands." So, I'm like, if I ever start having problems, I would say, "Oh, who?" They say, "Oh, yeah, you're in good hands." “Tell me the ones not to get.” Even the technicians, if I ask them, they have never had any negative comments to me about Cross Country. If I ever have problems and I'm 10 years in, I'd like to know where I need to go shop around at instead of going in the dark. They would tell me the truth.

HMS Home Warranty response

Helena, Thanks for providing your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our website, and that you’ve experienced the benefit your home warranty provides. – Christine

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HMS Home Warranty?

Original review: May 22, 2020

The hot water heater broke. It was about a few days before we noticed it. Then the claim was put in. It took about a week to have it done. Our hot water was still producing, but the thing was leaking. A new water heater was installed. We had an insurance claim after that. I tried to put in another claim as the sump pump broke a week and a half ago. My workman was there at the time so I had him replace it immediately.

I called to see if HMS would pay for whatever they would pay for under a normal claim. But they said they'd have to send somebody out and it would take time. I didn't have the time because it was a sump pump so I wasn't happy about that. It's something I'm considering leaving the company on because other companies if there's an emergency and you can get somebody out immediately, they'll fix it, and I'll pay a standard rate. I thought that HMS would stand up for that because they don't want to have more damage done or their customers would be inconvenienced. But the people were very nice and helpful, and they did a good job.

HMS Home Warranty response

Joel, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences using our warranty service. We are glad to know that your water heater claim was resolved in a timely manner. We are sorry to hear that the claim experience you had with your sump pump did not meet your expectations. The warranty does have specific terms and conditions the outline what circumstances qualify for coverage, and the guidelines that must be followed. But we do understand that sometimes there can arise extenuating circumstances. If you would like for our team to review your claim to ensure you are receiving the full benefit of your home protection plan, please send us an email to erelations@cinchhs.com with your full property address and we’ll have someone follow up with you personally. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 22, 2020

The garbage disposal went out and then our heater had stopped working. The concern was that they didn’t know who in the area could work on the garbage disposal. But then they found somebody faster than the heater because the people in the heating business were busy. With the garbage disposal, it was just a couple days.

HMS Home Warranty response

Mrs. Knoblauch, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We strive to provide a simple and straightforward claims experience, and are sorry to hear that in the case of your heater we did not meet that objective. But we are glad to hear that your issues have been resolved. Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 21, 2020

At the beginning of the year, HMS Home Warranty helped out when my washer or dryer was turning on and off and most recently when my airconditioning wasn't turning on. Submitting a claim is extremely easy. I like that you can do it online and then it's tied to your phone with text updates. It has been a smooth process. I found out with the air conditioning that if you have the premium level, which I do have, everything is covered. Whereas, if I were to have more basic, it wasn’t. Then I’m just not sure if there’s another level beyond that. So HMS should have a description of the different levels that you can sign up for.

HMS Home Warranty response

Mandi, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Our goal is to deliver a simple, straightforward claims process and we are glad to know that we have lived up to that promise. We also appreciate you letting us know what aspect of the process you feel could use improvement. We look forward to servicing your warranty needs for many years to come! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 20, 2020

When I bought my condo, the Realtor and the seller included a two-year home warranty with HMS. When it ended, HMS approached me with an email and asked if I would like to continue the home warranty and I said yes, so I’ve been doing it ever since. However, when I file a claim and call in, it’s an automated phone message and I absolutely detest that. I want to talk to a live person and need to understand him speaking to me in good English. But once I figure it out and get used to it, it’s not bad and it’s not a problem. When I actually talk to a person, they’re very willing to listen to what I have to say and to address the need.

A lot of times, I would have a contractor within a week. Sometimes I don’t feel like the contractors that are sent out are top notch. There was one company that they sent out and within a couple of days, I was having the same issue. The company didn’t appear to be skilled and know what they were doing. When I called back, I told HMS that I didn't want that company to come back out and to send somebody else. The last claim that I’ve had, the contractor had to come out a total of four times before they actually got everything right.

My HVAC unit had been installed. We were finished and they sent out the survey about how I felt about the services and it was great. Every time I called the guy that installed it, he was willing to come back out and fix it or adjust whatever they didn’t get right. But then there was a lady that called me to see how everything was going with my claim and that was three or four days after the last visit. Maybe the turnaround time. But other than that, HMS is a good company. Whenever I’ve called, I have always been able to get something fixed. It’s just hard to always have somebody here for a repair person.

HMS Home Warranty response

Rhonda, We are glad to know that overall, you are pleased with your warranty service. We appreciate you sharing with us the areas in which we can improve, as well. We strive to ensure our customers are connected with a trusted expert in their time of need – from our customer service, to our service partners – and feedback like this is what helps us make sure we are always improving to meet the needs of our customers! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: May 20, 2020

Our HVAC unit is the original, so it's from 1996. The heat went out the first month. It was pretty obvious it needed to be replaced and the guy that came out who was awesome didn't do replacements. HMS had to send out a different guy that does replacements so we switched providers. He fixed it but it was like a Band-Aid thing. I guess when it really does conk out, which is probably very soon once it gets hot out, then he'll have to replace it. I’ll have to go through the whole rigamarole of them approving it, so, we'll see.

I just wish HMS could improve their phones. When I call to get a real person, it seems like it's just one big loop. But I realize it's not a good time to get anybody on the phone. Maybe that has to do with the whole COVID thing, so I wouldn't judge on that. The lady that called me from HMS was really good. She even gave me her direct line if I have any problems. I told her about the phone loop that happened. I remember last year when I called, I didn't have a problem getting ahold of somebody. Overall, I recommend them to other people.

HMS Home Warranty response

Jean, Thank you for letting us know about your experience, both in the ways you’ve been pleased with the service and the ways which you think we could make improvements. We have an unwavering commitment to ensure we are able to meet the needs of our customers, and are always striving to be the best in the business. Your feedback helps us achieve those goals! We look forward to many more years of partnership! Sincerely, Dena

HMS Home Warranty coverage exclusions

HMS Home Warranty covers failure of select systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. The policy does not cover deliberate or accidental damage due to abuse or misuse of covered items. HMS warranties do not cover the handling of hazardous materials or the fees associated with hauling away replaced systems or appliances.

In some cases, parts deemed nonessential to the core function of a system or appliance may not be covered. For example, while your kitchen appliances may be covered under your contract, components like doors, glass, seals, drawers, lightbulbs and fixtures may not be covered. You can find a full list of exclusions via HMS's sample agreement.

HMS Home Warranty coverage limits

HMS does have coverage limits, but they vary depending on which covered item is in question. They generally range from $1,000 to $3,000. If an item has a coverage limit or cap, you will be responsible for covering any cost beyond that dollar amount. Overall, we found HMS’s limits generous and on the higher side of average compared to the industry.

ItemHMS’s coverage limit
    Septic tank pumping$500
    Septic tank replacement$1,000
    Swimming pool heater$1,000

HMS Home Warranty claims

Claims can be filed 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. The process is straightforward and easy to do. To request service from HMS Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone to speak directly to an HMS customer care representative.
    2. HMS will assign a service partner to your claim within two hours during normal business hours and 24 hours during weekends and holidays
    3. The service provider will schedule a convenient time for the repair.
    4. During the visit, the service provider will diagnose and suggest repair or replacement.
    5. You will pay your service call fee and the work will be completed.

HMS Home Warranty FAQ

When will coverage begin on an HMS Home Warranty?

For existing homeowners, there is a standard 30-day waiting period after a warranty is purchased. This is true of most home warranty providers in the industry. If you purchase a warranty for a home you’re selling, coverage begins immediately upon enrollment. For home buyers, coverage will begin on your closing date.

Is there a cancellation fee for HMS Home Warranty?

Yes, a $25 processing fee will apply. Homeowners and buyers can cancel their home warranty with a 10-day written notice. Seller Home Warranties are non-cancelable.

Will HMS Home Warranty cover my older systems and appliances?

Yes. There is no age restriction placed on covered items. HMS only requires that they be in working condition at the time of enrollment.

What is a homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement?

You can qualify for up to $500 per year when you pay a deductible on a homeowners insurance claim while an active HMS customer. The reimbursement opportunity is available on the Home Buyers plan, and claims must be reported to HMS within 45 days.

What is HMS’s lodging reimbursement?

HMS will reimburse you for lodging fees up to $1,200 should you have to stay in a hotel/motel in the event your heating or cooling system is non-operational for more than 24 hours from the time of the first service visit, or due to flooding in your home because of a water pipe break.

Is HMS Home Warranty worth it?

HMS Home Warranty offers good coverage for buyers, sellers and existing homeowners alike, with the most available coverage available to homebuyers. While coverage isn’t as comprehensive as others we’ve seen, it covers all essential systems and includes several benefits we haven’t seen anywhere else, like homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement and lodging reimbursement. With these added benefits plus the premier upgrade package, we think HMS has more than enough to offer any homeowner.

HMS Home Warranty Company Information