2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

For over 40 years Cinch Home Services (formerly HMS Home Warranty) has been committed to making home ownership easy by working with real estate professionals, home buyers and sellers to provide affordable coverage for mechanical failures of major home systems and appliances.

Cinch is a member of the National Home Service Contract Association and we have a nationwide network of over 18,000 service partners to provide repair or replacement services. Our customer service teams are available 24/7/365 and we provide a simple claims process.

We understand that home ownership is a big investment, and we help to protect both home buyers and home sellers from expensive and unexpected repair and replacement costs before, during and after the sale of the home.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

HMS offers plans for all stages of home ownership. While there are some limitations in standard coverage, all essential items are covered, and a variety of add-on options are available to customize your plan.

PROS

• Customizable coverage for buyers
  • Emergency lodging reimbursement
  • No waiting period for sellers
  • Plans for all real estate stages

CONS

• High deductible
  • Full coverage subject to add-on fees

Top HMS Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Contacted HMS to report the claim, was able to schedule an appointment within a few hours. [The plumber] assessed the problem and was fixed within a half hour. The disposal had to be replaced and the leak was repaired. Professional and courteous, I would highly recommend them...

I have submitted two claims and I was contacted by contractors within an hour after submitting a claim. They were then able to fix the issue on the first visit and they provided good customer service. The deductible seems reasonable and they cover a lot with no questions asked.

HMS Home Warranty plans

Buying a home can be intimidating, but a home warranty can give you peace of mind and reduce the cost of expensive repairs or replacements. HMS Home Warranty offers plans that cover all of the major systems in your home, from plumbing and electrical to the HVAC system.

HMS offers plans to customers nationwide through more than 40,000 local service representatives and offers 24/7 customer service. HMS offers the following types of warranty plans:

• Seller: Designed for someone selling a home that wants coverage while the home is on the market. Covers major appliances and systems.
  • Buyer Conversion: Begins with the seller while the home is on the market, then is transferred to the buyer once the home is purchased.
  • Buyer Direct: Can be purchased by a home buyer at the time of closing. HMS offers advanced coverage only available for buyer plans.
  • New Home: Coverage begins one year after the sale closes, which is typically when a builder’s warranty would expire.
  • Open Direct: This plan is for existing homeowners. Anyone can purchase this type of plan at any time. Becomes effective 30 days after the plan is purchased.

HMS Home Warranty cost

The average cost for an HMS Home Warranty is around $40–$50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. Their service call fee, the amount you’ll pay for a technician to come to your home (also known as a deductible) varies by region.. The Premier Upgrade Plan is available for an additional $89 of $99 each year, depending on where you live.

Because prices vary by location and plan selected, to get an accurate quote for your home, you’ll need to request a quote directly from HMS.

PlanStarting Monthly Cost
Buyer$37 ($449/year)
Seller$32 ($449/year)
New Home$46 ($549/year)
* Prices quoted for Houston, Texas. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

HMS Home Warranty coverage

HMS covers a good selection of home systems and appliances. Coverage availability may differ slightly between warranty plans, with homebuyers having the widest selection of coverage options.

All HMS Warranty plans cover:

• Kitchen appliances
  • Jetted tub
  • Sump pump
  • Water heater

Air conditioning, washer and dryer may also be covered depending on your location.

*Additional fee applies on seller plans

Optional coverage for home buyers:

• Outside gas lines
  • Outside sewer and water lines
  • Pools/spas
  • Septic tanks
  • Water softeners
  • Well pump systems

*Add-on prices range from $40-205 per item.

Premier Upgrade Package:
When purchased, the Premier Upgrade Package (PUP) will provide buyers with up to $1,000 of coverage for non-covered charges associated with a covered repair or replacement. It provides coverage for items not typically included in home warranty contracts like duct, electrical and plumbing modifications, code upgrades and permits.

HMS Home Warranty Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2020

The Realtor that we used when we relocated to Cincinnati suggested that we ask for a home warranty on the house that we purchased and she was the one that recommended HMS. We’ve had it for about 18 years now. Submitting a claim to them was just like every other company. It started off where I would talk to a live person a lot. Now, it’s not so easy to do that. I have to follow quite a few prompts through the voicemail to finally talk to a live person. It’s become more automated. Over the years, it’s gotten more and more difficult. Like for the renewal, for example. Three years ago, there was a rep that would call and talk about renewing the policy. Now, I'd get three emails and one thing in the mail, and that’s about it. It was not so much buyer-friendly. But that was what stood out about them. I’ve checked other companies over the years, and I found them more customer-friendly than the other ones at that time.

The contractors that came out were probably not the best known for the area that I currently live but the equipment and the panel trucks they drive in are usually decent shapes. All the ones that we’ve had in Florida always wore a uniform and they look respectable. It’s not like we're getting a third-rate person to come and fix the air conditioner. Their quality of work is good.

However, I had a couple of hiccups. I live in about an hour south of Sarasota in Florida and an hour north of Fort Myers and the problem is HMS doesn’t have contractors in my little town. It’s always somebody that has to drive an hour or an hour and 15 minutes to get to my home. There’s not a lot of vendors to choose from that wanna travel to my area. That’s the first thing. So, a lot of times, if it’s in July and I'd get an air conditioner issue, the contractors that would service here are booked solid. But they show up within their allotted time of 48 hours being here. When I lived in Cincinnati, it was much easier because I live closer to the city. I could call and get someone out the same day or the next day.

When my air conditioner was out, I called HMS on a Friday night at 5:30, which was terrible because the contractors were all closed at 5:00 on Fridays, and they'd have skeleton crews that work on Saturday for fixing air conditioners. HMS gave me a company’s name and telephone number so I called then the phone actually rolled to a different number and it rang, and I got a voice mail, and I left a voice mail. I didn’t get any callback Friday night. I called Saturday morning at 8:00, then I called again at 10:00. I called again at noon. Finally, a guy picked up the phone and pretty much cussed me out once I’ve done the other because I was bothering him so much. I told him that it was the number that I got and that it was rolling to his phone from a business phone as I was not dialing it direct. It was Monday morning before I could talk to anyone, but it wasn’t HMS’ fault. It was the contractor.

What happened was the girl that works for the office was sick that day and the boss routed the phone to the wrong phone number. He made a typo. Instead of 4 5, he typed in 4 6, and this poor guy was kinda upset. He was getting phone calls at all times of day and night so I felt sorry for him. Then I said that I wanted somebody else to come out. It was 88 degrees and humidity was 88%. I couldn’t go without air conditioning. Once it was resolved, the guy came out the next day. He had to order the part, but they were able to bypass the issue to make the air conditioner run until they got the new circuit board in, and then they came back and fixed it. So, it worked out fine, but it was kinda stressful from Friday night till Monday morning.

HMS Home Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your experience Tim. We appreciate your feedback to help improve our customer satisfaction. - Austin

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The Realtor that sold us the house 20 years ago recommended we keep the warranty. We have had to submit several claims. Most of them have been very good. However, I have a complaint, and that is that it seems like HMS switches contractors quite often. For instance, we had a contractor sold Carriers when he replaced the air conditioner the first time. And then about 12 years later, when they had to replace the air conditioner again, it was a Goodman contractor. We objected because it was a real hot summer and we’ve already been five or six weeks since we contacted them. And I’m a heart patient and we were just dying in the house almost.

Finally we got it straightened out and then they wanted to put, what I considered, an off brand air conditioner in. I said, “Now, wait a minute. We had a Carrier in here and the Carrier we had replaced earlier, I believe it might have been Chrysler or Carrier, but it was a big name brand when it was installed.” And so they got back with me a few days later and said, “Well, we can give you a Carrier, but it’s gonna be another 10 days, two weeks, before we could get it here.” We had no choice but had to go with the cheaper brand. Something we never heard of. We had to go with it. We got stuck with an off brand that we never heard of and we thought that we should have been advised of that by HMS, “We’re gonna send you an off brand air conditioner. But it’s good and we think it’ll do you the job.” If they’re going to switch brands on us, or force us to switch brands, they ought to tell us beforehand.

And then HMS, objected because it was a five-ton unit that the man ordered. And he told them, “Wait a minute. It’s replacing a five-ton unit. And this big house, it’s gonna take every bit of that.” He was right. Another ton or two probably would have been more adequate than what we got. So we probably are paying a little more each month in utilities and wear and tear on the machine also that we would otherwise.

So, the guy that came out and did it knew his business. He wasn’t real good on bookkeeping or paper keeping, but as far as the air conditioner went, he always gave me answers that were in line with what I understood. And my father-in-law was a air conditioning contractor for about 40 years in the Texas Metroplex, and then I certified in air conditioning repair. I don’t know a whole lot about it, but I do have a better understanding of certain aspects of it. And this last man, his technical knowledge and understanding seemed just like it ought to be. He got stuck with some folks who had been out of air conditioning for five or six weeks. But he was a gentleman about it and was very nice. We really liked him.

HMS Home Warranty response

Jim, First and foremost we would like to express our sincere gratitude for allowing us to service your home warranty needs for so many years! We are glad to know that overall your experience has been positive. We also appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience that didn’t live up to your expectations. This information is useful in our ongoing efforts toward striving to be the best in the business! We look forward to many more years of partnership! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've been with Cross Country for at least 10 years. Historically, their service is great. They're responsive. The vendors that they've dispatched to our home are effective and efficient in resolving matters. But I had an experience with them over the course of the last three weeks that was not positive. I responded to a survey back today regarding that very negative experience.

Evidently, the vendors that they would normally contract with no longer have a contract in my area. My claim was outsourced to a different warranty company that did have a contract with a vendor in the area. I wasn’t working directly with them but I was going through them then they were having to outreach to the other vendor to follow up for me or find out where we were in the process. I requested that they escalate it because it had to do with our refrigerator freezer in our home and it took three weeks to get the refrigerator running. We went three weeks without a major appliance in our home. I'm not very pleased.

Also, I did all the follow-up like me contacting the vendor or me contacting the warranty company. The second time that I contacted them, I requested that it be escalated and was told that it was. The fourth time that I contacted them, I was told that it had never been escalated. By that time, the vendor had already contacted me that the parts were in. I wanted to schedule the appointment for a repair but the vendor wouldn't schedule it until they had the parts.

When the parts came in, I had to find their next available appointment which was a full three weeks from the first time that they came out to inspect the appliance. That was odd to me because we've had things repaired. We've even had a refrigerator repaired before although not this particular one in question. The vendor came out the same day, inspected it, and fixed it the same day. But for this particular claim, the gentleman from the vendor came out on a Friday, inspected it, and said they were gonna have to order parts. I needed to unplug the refrigerator and let it completely thaw. He told me that unfortunately, it was a Friday. By the time he could get back to the office, it could be Saturday or Monday before they could enter my paperwork. In reality, it was actually the following Tuesday that the paperwork got entered and that's when I tried to start speeding things up with no luck.

What I'm used to with Cross Country is they dispatch somebody out, they address the issue, and they resolve the issue the same day. Very rarely have I had a situation where there was an issue like after the first year when we had an issue with the plumbing. They dispatched somebody out who ended up making the problem worse. They told me that they couldn't resolve the problem and that I would either need to contact the warranty company or their office. The tech left and I called their office back. They said they couldn't get somebody else out there to fix what needed to be fixed. It was after Christmas and I would have to wait five more days to get somebody out.

I called the warranty company back and they dispatched a new vendor within probably 24 hours and had the issue resolved within 15 minutes. They handled that one well because they were willing to dispatch a different vendor out. But with my refrigerator claim, it's a little bit different. My guess is the last time we had a refrigerator worked on under this warranty company, they used a Sears repair technician but Sears is no longer in our area. They closed. My guess is if there are still some Sears repair places within the country, their contracts are probably is still active. But in our area, with Sears pulling out, I'm sure that was part of the problem.

When I called in and asked for them to escalate the issue, it should have been escalated. They should have not told me that it was gonna be escalated. A note on the account to contact the customer for a follow-up to let me know that it had been escalated or where things were in the process would have been appreciated. The vendor was upset that I was calling them for follow-up because they weren't the friendliest.

The work was good but it was kind of a continual "Why do you keep calling me?" sort of thing. They would tell me they were waiting on the warranty company. When I would call the warranty company, they would tell me they were waiting on the vendor. I'm certain this is because they outsourced the request. Overall, the warranty coverage is good. As with anything with time, the out of pocket has gone up but it's still $100. And if you think about having to replace parts or have work done, you're still saving quite a bit of money with only paying $100.

HMS Home Warranty response

William, We have an unwavering commitment to provide exceptional service and we appreciate your detailed feedback. Thanks for sharing! - Angela

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

When the first reps from DMV Heating & Cooling came out here, they did the job but they didn’t install things correctly. It was causing my unit and my gas furnace to have more issues. I had a neighbor of mine come by in November and he mentioned that my pressure switch was bad but when DMV came out, they did not switch the pressure switch and it should’ve been switched back then in November. We had no heat for two months. We had to wait for a part that had to be ordered and it took close to a month. My four-year-old was the first one to get sick and then the rest of us started getting sick and it was because we didn’t have any heat in our two-level home. The portable heaters were not doing enough because it was just cold and this was in November and December time frame where the temperatures dropped really low.

DMV reassigned the claim because the tech was on vacation and they didn’t wanna come out here, so they wouldn’t pick up the phone. It took them two days to call me back. DMV is a big company but they are bad with communication. When I got Residential Systems, they were courteous and Mark was amazing. HMS should continue to do business with them. The technician that came out diagnosed the problem, figured out what it was, troubleshoot it, found the root cause and fixed it. Everything else was good with this recent claim and HMS really followed through. Rodemy, the supervisor, was amazing. I'm supposed to get a call back from her this morning because she missed me on Friday. So, I'm still waiting for her call. I had to pay Residential Systems $492 because of the work that DMV did improperly but I'm thrilled because I didn’t have to pay a deductible the second time.

This time around, there was constant communication and I received multiple call backs. The only thing that I dislike is that when you call in to HMS if you’re trying to do a claim over the phone, it gives you the runaround before you get to a representative. You have to speak into the virtual machine and it starts asking you all these questions. But then I realized I could do it online. Sometimes though, I like to explain so that it falls under the proper category. The drop down menus were what I was having trouble with and then I found out that my furnace is a gas furnace and not electric but it does give you the option now in the drop down menu.

I’ve had HMS here since 2015 and I have a townhouse in Virginia Beach, and I was curious as to why they canceled the policy at that townhouse. I used to have American Home Shield and then I switched over to HMS but they said that I would not be able to continue with the policy. I just got a letter with a random explanation. I ended up getting a new fridge and a new microwave because of it malfunctioning at my rental property and I have no coverage there. If HMS could investigate that, that would be nice. I was paying 51.99 for the rental property and I'm paying 46.99 for the property here, which is our primary residence. But I don’t have any coverage at the townhouse in Virginia Beach which I would love to have. If not, then everything else will have to go through my property manager and it’ll end up being a little bit more.

HMS Home Warranty response

Oneris, We appreciate your feedback about your claim experience, and we regret that the service you received from the first provider was less than expected. We’ll have our Renewal team follow up with you to better explain the renewal at your Virginia Beach home. Sincerely, Amanda

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I've learned now to do my claims online with Cross Country Home Services. But before then, I used to call in my claims all the time. I have a claim right now and I did it online, so I didn't have to speak to anybody this time. But every time before that, I've called in, and the Cross Country reps have always been very helpful. The website is user-friendly but the two items that I had prior fell in the same category, and I couldn't figure out how to add two. So, I ended up having to call. After I did it online, the rep added it on for me through the phone call.

I've had different contractors every time. For this claim I have now in one of my AC units not blowing properly, Cross Country gave me Sears. The tech came out and was very professional. Everybody has always been professional, but Sears is a well-known, branded company. The truck's got their names on it, and they have the uniforms on. It just looked like a professional company. All the time, the contractors don't have that presentation but they all have always been satisfying in their work.

Right now I have the platinum coverage, but I started off with the basic. I didn't really know as a homeowner because you have to go through experiences in order to know what you have, what you need. So, in-between the time I bought my home, I got divorced and I'm a single female who knows stuff because I am a homeowner, through experience.

I research, read, ask people, ask my neighbors, ask my friends. "Hey, you ever had this?" But I'm not the norm. For me, I need to make sure that I have the top-notch coverage because as a female, I don't wanna be out of pocket every time something breaks. So, for me, it was important to upgrade. I went to the platinum because one time, I had a stoppage in one my bathrooms, but it was after the fact that I found out that it wasn't covered. One of the technicians, he was like, "Well, you have to have it under your plan." I called the call center, and they said, "Oh, yeah, you had the gold" and then I ended up going platinum. And so, I was like, "Well, if it happens again," and thanks to god it didn't happen again, "I need to make sure that I can just make a call." It's so convenient to make a call, I know what my deductible is, and I go from there. For me, it's a total peace of mind.

My experience has been non-incidental every time. If something breaks, it gets fixed or replaced. I've had replacements and I've had repaired equipment. They have never once gave me problems whatsoever. I hear the technicians give me horror stories about some of the companies, about going through the red tape. And they said, "Oh, you have Cross Country, you're in good hands." So, I'm like, if I ever start having problems, I would say, "Oh, who?" They say, "Oh, yeah, you're in good hands." “Tell me the ones not to get.” Even the technicians, if I ask them, they have never had any negative comments to me about Cross Country. If I ever have problems and I'm 10 years in, I'd like to know where I need to go shop around at instead of going in the dark. They would tell me the truth.

HMS Home Warranty response

Helena, Thanks for providing your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our website, and that you’ve experienced the benefit your home warranty provides. – Christine

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HMS Home Warranty?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 26, 2020

We had our claim opened on 4/18/20. It is now 6/25/20 and no answers on when our dishwasher will be fixed. We have had 3 service calls come out. The first guy replaced parts twice and then never showed up again. The second guy (from a different company) diagnosed a problem and then had bad communication with the insurance company. Both are blaming each other, while we are still stuck with a broken dishwasher. We requested to speak with a supervisor, and one was not available. I would not recommend this home warranty company.

HMS Home Warranty response

Michelle, We'd definitely like to discuss your concerns. Should you like further assistance please respond to this message with the best time to reach you and your full property address. - Austin

Original review: June 19, 2020

HMS Home Warranty responded promptly to my water heater claim. Submitting it wasn't onerous and their reps took care of everything. Their contractor was really prompt as well and he did a good job. He replaced my heater.

HMS Home Warranty response

James – We aim to provide top notch service experts and we appreciate the time you took to share how your experience went. – Austin

Original review: June 19, 2020

I’m a Realtor and I saw HMS' warranties at work for my buyers and sellers. I listened to the dividend stock meeting and they talked about HMS and I thought it would be a good idea. It certainly was for me. I usually call when I submit claims and talk to somebody and I don’t have any complaints.

HMS Home Warranty response

Christina – Our purpose is to always meet your needs. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Sincerely, Austin

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 18, 2020

When I purchased my house in 2014, there were a lot of older appliances in it and my Realtor asked if the seller would get HMS. The seller initially paid for it for a year and I've paid for the last five years. When I first started with HMS and I've only had a few claims, I was very happy with how everything went. Everything was easy. I could call and talk to somebody.

Currently, I have a claim that has been open since April. I have been working to try to get an issue resolved with my refrigerator and I'm not happy with the way things are going. I've had to call several times and there have been no prompt to talk to someone. When I go on the website, there's no, “Contact us” other than sending an email. When you get an email back, it says, “Someone would email you in 48 hours.” Maybe they do and maybe they don’t. I've had to do a number of phone calls and it is still not reconciled because my refrigerator was deemed not repairable.

I've paid for this service for six years and have used it a few times for minor repairs. Now that I really have a problem with an essential appliance in my home, I have not been able to get a resolution. I'm very upset about it because I could have bought four refrigerators for what I've paid. I've had to go out and buy a new refrigerator because you can't do without one. Now, my only option is the buyout, and I have no idea what that’s gonna be. For small repairs, HMS is excellent because they give you the name of someone local and you know how much your deductible is. However, when you need to have something replaced or bought out, they're nowhere to be found. I'm very dissatisfied and would not recommend them.

HMS Home Warranty response

Dana, Please know the service you have received is not the level of service we aim to provide. We'd definitely like to discuss your concerns. Should you like further assistance please respond to this message with the best time to reach you and your full property address. - Austin

Original review: June 17, 2020

We had a home warranty in Kentucky for several years and when we moved to Cleveland 15 years ago, our Realtor set us up with HMS. We've had them ever since but unfortunately, another company has taken over. They haven't eliminated any of the services that we have had before. They just didn't let us know that they had changed hands. I was a little nervous when I found that out.

Their whole program has changed a little bit. Usually, they set up the service company, and then they would call us. But now, I have to call the service that's coming to work on my problem. It's a little different but I'm getting used to it. Sometimes, it's even better now. I can tell the contractor exactly what's wrong and what time would be good for me. My neighbor across the street noticed that we had companies coming to fix things randomly since we've been here. She wanted to know and I gave here HMS's number. She ended up going with the company that was cheaper, but cheaper is not always better.

Five years ago, we had to replace an air conditioner and that was part of the program. They paid for the air conditioner but it was on the top of our four-story townhouse. We had to pay for the machine that has to come to carry it up. We ordered the second air conditioner at that time and we paid for it because both of them were ready to go.

When we had a problem with something else, they never called us back. If our water heater claim didn't go well, we were gonna drop HMS and go with another company. But it worked out very well. The gentleman that first came assessed the problem said the water heater was 17 years old and that it was only guaranteed for 10. He put in a claim to see if the warranty company would pay for it because it was a point where it was going to be drastically bad within a month or two. It was all rusted on the top of the tank and it was silly to wait that month or two before it leaked. He left and called me the next day. He said that we were totally covered. We ended up getting a water heater and all I ended up paying for was the visit when he first came. Having it fixed was helpful. The company that put it in was very cordial.

HMS Home Warranty coverage exclusions

HMS Home Warranty covers failure of select systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. The policy does not cover deliberate or accidental damage due to abuse or misuse of covered items. HMS warranties do not cover the handling of hazardous materials or the fees associated with hauling away replaced systems or appliances.

In some cases, parts deemed nonessential to the core function of a system or appliance may not be covered. For example, while your kitchen appliances may be covered under your contract, components like doors, glass, seals, drawers, lightbulbs and fixtures may not be covered. You can find a full list of exclusions via HMS's sample agreement.

HMS Home Warranty coverage limits

HMS does have coverage limits, but they vary depending on which covered item is in question. They generally range from $1,000 to $3,000. If an item has a coverage limit or cap, you will be responsible for covering any cost beyond that dollar amount. Overall, we found HMS’s limits generous and on the higher side of average compared to the industry.

ItemHMS’s coverage limit
    Septic tank pumping$500
    Septic tank replacement$1,000
    Swimming pool heater$1,000

HMS Home Warranty claims

Claims can be filed 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. The process is straightforward and easy to do. To request service from HMS Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone to speak directly to an HMS customer care representative.
    2. HMS will assign a service partner to your claim within two hours during normal business hours and 24 hours during weekends and holidays
    3. The service provider will schedule a convenient time for the repair.
    4. During the visit, the service provider will diagnose and suggest repair or replacement.
    5. You will pay your service call fee and the work will be completed.

HMS Home Warranty FAQ

When will coverage begin on an HMS Home Warranty?

For existing homeowners, there is a standard 30-day waiting period after a warranty is purchased. This is true of most home warranty providers in the industry. If you purchase a warranty for a home you’re selling, coverage begins immediately upon enrollment. For home buyers, coverage will begin on your closing date.

Is there a cancellation fee for HMS Home Warranty?

Yes, a $25 processing fee will apply. Homeowners and buyers can cancel their home warranty with a 10-day written notice. Seller Home Warranties are non-cancelable.

Will HMS Home Warranty cover my older systems and appliances?

Yes. There is no age restriction placed on covered items. HMS only requires that they be in working condition at the time of enrollment.

What is a homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement?

You can qualify for up to $500 per year when you pay a deductible on a homeowners insurance claim while an active HMS customer. The reimbursement opportunity is available on the Home Buyers plan, and claims must be reported to HMS within 45 days.

What is HMS’s lodging reimbursement?

HMS will reimburse you for lodging fees up to $1,200 should you have to stay in a hotel/motel in the event your heating or cooling system is non-operational for more than 24 hours from the time of the first service visit, or due to flooding in your home because of a water pipe break.

Is HMS Home Warranty worth it?

HMS Home Warranty offers good coverage for buyers, sellers and existing homeowners alike, with the most available coverage available to homebuyers. While coverage isn’t as comprehensive as others we’ve seen, it covers all essential systems and includes several benefits we haven’t seen anywhere else, like homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement and lodging reimbursement. With these added benefits plus the premier upgrade package, we think HMS has more than enough to offer any homeowner.

HMS Home Warranty Company Information