2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

For over 40 years Cinch Home Services (formerly HMS Home Warranty) has been committed to making home ownership easy by working with real estate professionals, home buyers and sellers to provide affordable coverage for mechanical failures of major home systems and appliances.

Cinch is a member of the National Home Service Contract Association and we have a nationwide network of over 18,000 service partners to provide repair or replacement services. Our customer service teams are available 24/7/365 and we provide a simple claims process.

We understand that home ownership is a big investment, and we help to protect both home buyers and home sellers from expensive and unexpected repair and replacement costs before, during and after the sale of the home.

View More View More

HMS Home Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I’m a Realtor and have sold the HMS Warranties for people as far back as about 16 years ago. And everybody has always liked them. I also have experience with another company and they would find every reason in the world not to honor the warranty. But with HMS it’s pretty cut-and-dried. This year, my heat pump went out and they replaced the outside unit. However, I don’t like that you deal with a machine an awful lot. They’re more cut-rate and it’s hard for them to find people that are local. They've had to get people to come out from North Carolina to do some electrical repairs for us. But the people they've sent out seemed to be very knowledgeable. I’m coming up for renewal and I’m going to do again for another year.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

When we used HMS, everything seemed to go fairly smoothly. Submitting the claim was fairly simple online. We had a problem with our heat pump, and it quit working in the dead of winter. It took them maybe two days of the week to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they didn’t have the parts that day, but they immediately came back the next day. They were very good.

HMS Home Warranty response

Michael- We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We try our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased to hear that this has been your experience. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My Realtor recommended HMS Home Warranty for this area. Once you get through to the actual person that’s going to do some service, it’s fine. It’s kinda hard to get to that point. And then when I do the claim online, it kept kicking me out and telling me to call. When I call, it’s kinda hard to understand the reps. They just give me a number for the contractor and tell me to call them. The contractors have been very good though. They show up when they do. They return the phone calls. They're very helpful on the phone and when they're here.

HMS Home Warranty response

Karen- We're disappointed to hear that you experienced problems with our automated and online systems. We are always working to improve our customer experience and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm happy to hear that overall you've been pleased with your experience. Sincerely, Christine

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We were new homeowners and got a warranty for peace of mind. We've been with HMS for about three years and submitting claims has been relatively easy and fairly seamless. The website is relatively easy to use. They also give us some kind of idea when to expect the contractor or we usually heard quickly. We've been happy with the quality of the work performed by the contractors. A few times, we had to wait longer than ideal based on when they could get out or when they could get parts. That was frustrating. We've used Sears for a few things and they have been super frustrating to work with. I also get frustrated that I can't always find everything that's covered really quickly when renewing, which you need to reference when renewing. Overall, HMS is a good value.

HMS Home Warranty response

Jennifer, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your loyalty!- Dena

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Submitting a claim with HMS has always been quick and easy. The contractors respond very quickly, usually within the same day, and then I schedule with them from there. I've always had a good experience with them. I would recommend HMS's service.

HMS Home Warranty response

Sarah, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear you’ve been satisfied with the service you’ve received. - Amanda

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HMS Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

HMS has always been reliable and very good. I've been with them for about 20 years now. Their contractors have been good as well. About a month ago, I had a claim for my furnace, and it was resolved in two days.

HMS Home Warranty response

Dorothy- We value feedback from longtime customers and appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your overall experience with us. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we hope to satisfy your home warranty needs for many years to come!- Christine

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

We've had HMS for 3 years so far and their response is quick. We've only made two claims and we haven't had any problems with any of the technicians who came out.

HMS Home Warranty response

Alex, We appreciate you sharing your experience using HMS home warranty. We hope to have you as a valued customer for years to come. - Angela

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

HMS Home Warranty came with my house and I had it for my safety net. I had a couple questions when I first started. To get to someone that was actually helpful on the phone was pretty difficult. They sent me to a foreign country and I gotta beat around the bush for about a half an hour, and then they sent me back to the States. Once I got there, the woman that I got on the phone was super informative, and she told me I could upgrade my plan for a small fee. I actually ended up doing it ‘cause she explained it. I didn’t think she was trying to sell me. They were extremely helpful and they cleared everything up for me.

Submitting a claim was super easy. I was having an issue with my furnace, and within minutes, they scheduled someone to come out later that week. It was a really good service. The contractors were totally professional. They spent an extensive time fixing my issues. I’ve heard issues with other home warranties where they say they’re gonna cover but they don’t. I haven’t had that issue with HMS, so I was pleased.

HMS Home Warranty response

Max-Thank you much for sharing your claim experience with us. We strive to provide an efficient claim process for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with the service we offered. - Amanda

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

When I submit a claim to HMS, I do it on the phone. I tried and worked it online once but that wasn't working. So it's just easier for me to call. But I don't have any trouble when I set it up. My recent claim was for my washer which was not working correctly. It would finish cycles and it smelled a little warm, like electricity-wise. They contacted Sears to do this. I submitted on a Friday and they came on that day. It turned out that the timer was not working and that's what was replaced. It seems to be working better now. Sears was nice enough to give me what their price would've been, 'cause I don't think anybody else is done. It would've been about a $300 house visit with the parts. And so, it cost me $100, so that was good. My house is about 25 years old, and that's when things begin to break down, so the warranty has been useful for me.

HMS Home Warranty response

Martha, We are thrilled to hear that you have benefited from your warranty. Thanks for sharing your experience! - Austin

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have had this warranty for quite some time and each time I have had to file one claim it has been an issue. They use sub par contractors or something is not covered. It's amazing that I pay my monthly fee and HMS has no problem with taking the money but I can't seem to get my claims covered. I am contacting the attorney general and reporting a bait and switch gimmick. I thought the point of home warranties is for a peace of mind but I see this is not the case.

HMS Home Warranty response

Charity – I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that your claim experience has not been what you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items and/or conditions which may not qualify for coverage. With that being said, I located your claim and a member of my team will investigate to ensure you received the full benefit your warranty provides and we will follow up with you personally. - Austin

HMS Home Warranty Company Information