Healthcraft Cookware

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just bought the entire set. I used the 10 inch pan today, twice, and the handle just completely fell off, while being gently washed. This is American made and very expensive. How disappointing.:/ Really? This set was more than 2k.

The quality of the Healthcraft pans are very good. I bought some at a thrift store brand new. In fact I've pieced together a very nice set of various types of higher end waterless cookware from Healthcraft , Vita Craft, Lustre Craft etc. Pots, pans, oil core electric skillet, you name it and I've got it. I knew about them because when we were kids my grandparents used to watch all the demonstrations for the various brands at the county fair every year and still insist on watching them if we go to the fair. The pans themselves are very good provided you use them according to their instructions. They will likely last a lifetime and then some if used responsibly. I think the largest downside is they're expensive more than anything. If you do a lot of cooking they might be worth the investment. They're probably overkill for most people.

As far as their sales tactics they have a nice slick demo regardless of the brand. The thing to remember with waterless cookware is you're supposed to use less heat than you typically would, though they don't often tell you much about it in the demo, which typically focuses on the health benefits of not boiling your vegetables. I prefer the lid and handle design of the Healthcraft vs. some of their competitors. I haven't had any issues with the handle durability. Mine have black handles but I don't know if that makes a difference, or if they've changed anything with them from year to year. In summation, they're really only worth it if you cook a lot and think they're worth it and actually intend upon using them. Otherwise there are much cheaper options that will probably work well enough for most people.

Healthcraft food cutter - I purchased mine on 11/10/2000. 3 yrs ago it gave off black dust and they sent a new gear. Husband put it on and now it is again doing it! The guy said I must push too hard. Lol. It never has gone in the dishwasher ever. I have receipt.

In 1994 my wife and I like many couples decided to procure a quality set of cookware. While attending the Ohio State Fair we witnessed a demonstration of Healthcraft Cookware. The professional cook there did eggs I still cannot replicate in not sticking to the stainless. Until today I used an induction range top and set the heat level that previously escaped my undertaking. Voila! No Stick! My 22 year old pan finally worked for me. All of our set, at the time similar to today's 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 looks like the day we bought the set. The handles don't shine any longer but are very durable and comfortable to hold. Even hot with heavy dishes. I would buy these again and suggest anyone looking for beyond lifetime cookware, in other words, multi generation cookware, engage Healthcraft. You will be pleased and well served.

My husband and I purchased the entire set prior to getting married about 25 years ago. $3,100 seemed a lot to spend but after all this time they all look brand new. Plastic (looking) parts notwithstanding the pans themselves clean very easily with soap and water or occasionally a little Bon Ami mixed with Dawn dish soap. The only parts to show wear is the electric frypan controller. Has 2 chips and one of the breather washers cracked into multiple pieces. If you learn to cook on lower heat this set will be in our will and given to our children (should last 100 years).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthcraft?

My husband, Eugene & I purchased $900 in Health Craft Cookware at a fair in Florida and were impressed with the show. Once we started cooking on a gas stove (not a Jenna) the handles started to deteriorate. Today, almost 17 years later the last handle crumbled & fell off my favorite 10 inch frying pan. The opposite handle to it fell off many years prior to today. I've not lost the ability to cook with my pots. I still use one pot with NO handles and pick it up with two thick pot holders & this is very dangerous.

I called Charles Knight several years ago and he said he could NOT afford to replace the handles for free & that they would cost me $56 for those that had crumbled. He kept attempting to blame me for using a Jenna stove that I don't have. He wanted to find fault in me & not take responsibility for a poor handle. I'm a senior citizen on disability & cannot afford to buy more pots. Can you help me?

I have had Healthcraft cookware for so many years I can't remember when I brought them. I purchased my set from a show at the Waldorf Mall in Waldorf, Md. It was when my boys were small, the youngest now is almost 50.

I've read the reviews and I'm astounded! We bought the entire set of Health Craft Cookware about 20 years ago at a home and garden show in our area. The demonstration was excellent and when I do what they did, I have excellent results. In fact, when I cook anything it turns out fine. I have the white and gold handles and I cook on a glass top electric stove. I have used high heat but normally I cook on medium heat. To clean up I use soap and water and for stubborn stains, I use Bar Keepers Friend.

I have NEVER put them in the dishwasher. They are hand washed and dried after every use. I use them every single day and they look brand new. I have not had a problem except when I knocked a pan off the counter onto the floor and broke the handle. I contacted Health Craft and left a message. Since I couldn't locate my sales receipt I was afraid I'd have a problem. Not so, they returned my call on the same day even though it was a Sunday. In fact it was the owner, Charles Knight, who called me. He took my information and shipped out the handle the next day. I explained I was unable to locate my sales receipt and he took the trouble to email me a copy of my records.

I love my cookware and use it proudly to serve my family the healthiest meals possible. As with any expensive purchase, I take great pride in the care my cookware receives and it's served me well. I fully expect to use them another 20 years and then pass them down to my children or my grandchildren. I truly don't understand why anyone would not be thrilled to own such a high quality product. The benefit of stainless steel cookware is the absence of Teflon and aluminum. You can't expect stainless steel to give the same results as nonstick cookware... that is a bonus in my mind! I have to admit if the handles are crumbling as described in some reviews it would have to be from the excess heat of a gas stove. 20 years of use tells me they are a superior product!

I spent approximately 1,100 at the paso Robles fair for this cookware. We began using it and immediately the handles that we were told were specially designed so that you wouldn't burn your hands began to burn and crumble themselves. We called the company and they actually said: "oh, that's because you purchased the white handles". I was shocked but just asked them to send the black handles.

They did the same thing but it wasn't as noticeable right away because of their color. We tried to tell them about those as well and they claimed we must be cooking in high and also claimed the jenn air stove doesn't work well with these. We had an issue with putting as well. They offered to clean it for us but when we got it back, the lid had huge scrapes in it like it had brushed against a piece if machinery or sander. We contacted them again and they said they would NOT honor their LIFETIME GUARANTEE to replace parts, because I clearly didn't know how to take care of it or I wasn't filling the pans completely. They said if you only fill the pan halfway, it doesn't dirk. I was shocked once again.

Further these communications were not just with customer service reps, but the owners themselves. I told them this was wrong in too many levels and I expected them to make it right. They refused and hung up. My husband called and said my wife is frustrated but I'm sure you will do the right thing. They claimed I was rude and unprofessional, complaining about their cookware and therefore would not be sending replacement parts. My husband was surprised but let it go.

I have photos and correspondence written in an incredibly "professional" manner that I am happy to share with anyone. I have held executive positions with Fortune 500 companies and am currently a self employed national keynote speaker for many other Fortune 500 and top rated insurance companies. I train on the science and psychology of sales so I'm not someone who doesn't know how to function in the business world. I "even" saw a demonstration being conducted by one of my former students just when I was going to expose this unconscientious company and told him I wouldn't show the cookware to the listeners. He said he would talk to the owners and make it right. Apparently, he was unsuccessful. If this keeps anyone from running into what I did, then it was worth the $$$.

I bought some pot & pans at the Pomona Fair. They worked fine for the first few year, but recently the plastic handles are starting to break off & crumble from the heat of the pot during normal stove top usage. I tried calling the phone # printed on the side of the pot - (813) 885-5244, & the C.S. Phone# from the website (1.800.443.8079 North America), but both had a recording suggesting I contact them by email @ CustomerService@HealthCraft.com. On the website is this message: "My Apologies If you have been attempting to reach us. We just discovered our EMAIL has not been working correctly for more than a week. Please email me directly for service **." So I sent an e-mail to both address with pictures of the heat damaged handles. I will update what happens.

I spent over $4,000 dollars on the demo set at the Richmond Home Show in Richmond, Va on our Healthcraft Cookware about 7 years ago. My wife loved it at first. For the first 6 years she not only like to cook with it she would brag on it. Last year it started to pit and rust, and while at the Virginia State Fair we told a couple of other high end cookware people our problem. One suggested we bring some of it in so they could look at it. All cookware people we showed it to said this was not normal and we should call the Healthcraft.

My wife called Healthcraft and they proceeded to tell her that it was our JennAir Stove or she did not take care of it. They told her to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy a special detergent to wash it with. How would that fix the pitting is what I would like to know. They said she could send it back and they would clean it. All of the salespeople here at the fair that we showed it to said cleaning it would not fix the pitting. So $4000 for crap. I will find other sites to post this on also unless Healthcraft decides to make this right. I will say that people read reviews nowadays before they buy stuff so Healthcraft should take that into consideration. Jim ** and to Charles the owner of Healthcraft here is a good number unlike the wrong number you posted for yourself. Call me if you want to make this right.

I bought the Healthcraft Cookware in August 2000. I was told that cooking on a gas stove might discolor the white handles that I wanted, but I went ahead and got them. After a year or so of cooking with the set, not only did they discolor, they fell apart. I went ahead and ordered new ones in black this time thinking they would hold up better. These handles also fell apart, which is really disappointing as I really like the cookware. I decided not to replace the handles and just put the cookware in storage and got out my old cookware. I recently decided to go ahead and order some new handles. The price has gone from $4.50 for the first part and $2.50 for additional parts to over $12 per part. This is outrageous. I paid over $1,500 for this cookware. I should not have to keep replacing the handles. I will never again buy cookware from a show. Thumbs down on the product.

My husband and I put a down payment on a set at a Christmas fair in PA. We were paying on the set; however, life then happened. My husband’s grandmother passed away and she didn't have burial insurance, so we had to pay for that. My mother got deathly ill twice. She contracted a staph infection which turned into MRSA and lost half of her stomach due to this. Then due to breast cancer, she lost her left breast. Due to all of this, I had to quit my job to go home to GA to help take care of my mom until she could get back onto her feet. Granted that it has been 5 and 1/2 years since we originally put the down payment on the set, but if you pay on a product no matter how long it has been, I think the company should stand behind the product and either give you your money back and or give you something for what you have paid. All in all, we are out $669 and have nothing to show for it. God forbid that you have a loss in the family or job or both because it is evidently not their problem.

When I called I was told, "If you buy from a store, you have so many days to return the product in order to get a refund or another product.” Well, he just said if you buy a product from a store. Hello? There is no store that you can buy their product from. Okay, if you buy a product from the store, then you have the product on hand. But we have nothing. They have the product and our $669.00. According to them, the money you pay for the product goes to the person doing the demonstration and in order to get anything back, you would have to contact the demonstrator you bought it from and they would have to give it back to you. What the heck? From now on if I can't buy it in a store, then I don't need it.

Health Kraft cookware payment plan, beware! We saw a show a few years back and was interested in this attractive and expensive cookware. They said we can make some payments until our 1st set was paid for, in which the cheapest then was $1,700.00. We've paid a total of $659.00 so far and now I'm being told the distributor since has left the company and our account has been closed! They will not give you a refund. Total **! I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Watch out for these scams.

I am submitting this review after reading the complaints of this cookware. We, too, purchased a cookware set at the Home & Garden Expo in Cleveland. The salesman was very congenial and didn't push anything on us that we didn't want. As a matter of fact, he threw in a couple of free items with our purchase. When we received the cookware, I read all the information prior to using it. Any mishaps in results of use were purely my fault. After using the cookware for a while, I got better at it, and I am now cooking wonderfully healthy foods in them. This product looks as beautiful today as it did when we bought it 3 years ago. I love it.

I bought a set of cookware from the California State Fair. I already knew how to cook, but I had some things to learn before I could get really good results with this cookware. It took an hour to learn how to get the salad maker to work like the salesman could. Now, I could give the demos. It's zip-zip, done! I like the cookware, and I feel it's good for my family when I use it.

We purchased Health Craft cookware two years ago at the IX Center home show in the Cleveland, Oh area. We thought this cookware might present a healthier way to cook and were eager to try it. We did not and could not get the same results as the salesperson at the show. We are both college educated and did not think cooking could be this hard. Our cookware also gets this rainbow effect inside after we use only soap and water on it with a dishcloth. We dry it immediately. Apparently, we are doing something incorrectly. We had contacted the company to return all the unused items. We only used three pieces of the entire set to start with. We never received a response.

I will be fair and say that perhaps the message wasn't received or received by a customer rep who didn't really know what to do with the issue, and, it was placed aside. At the time, we were dealing with parents health issues, helping our son move out-of-state, etc., so we really didn't address it further. We now have all this cookware that we don't use still in its original boxes. We rarely use the three pieces that we did start using because food "sticks" in the frying pan. I have gone back to using my former cookware. It seems such a waste of money. I think it was over $2,000. I would have to pull our receipt to be accurate and fair. Honestly, we have committed to never buying a large purchase at a home show where the product cannot be returned to a local facility for inspection.

Thank you!

I'm unable to remove my last statement. So in all fairness to health craft, I would like to say that there customer service is one of the better. They have been to my home now three of four times working with me on the use of the cookware. They have solved most of the issues I had with the cook ware. Both the sale person and his boss are willing to do what it takes to make me happy. There product is high end and worth the money if you are into healthy eating. The difference in the taste is great.

Its my opinion that your website goes far beyond MISLEADING consumers into believing, BY ITS NAME, that it is in fact a valid government agency. Even our seasoned customer service staff and distributors were fooled into believing your website was the Department of Conusmer Affairs.

No one from your company www.consumeraffairs.com contacted Health Craft or any of its distributors or affiliates to verify the truth or validity of the consumer complaints posted on your website, or a rebuttal after posting.

As a direct result of your misleading consumers Health Craft and its distributors have documented more than $20,000 in losses with returned merchandise and cancellations. Our cookware is made in the USA of the highest quality materials available by skilled American Craftsmen. Its not easy being an American manufacturer and this is not helping any in keeping them working a full schedule.

Since it is only my opinion that your misleading consumers for personal gain, Ive taken the liberty of copying our Corporate Attorney as well as an old high school buddy, California Supreme Court Judge Ignazio Ruvolo, for their legal perspective on your website.

My Best Regards,

Charles Knight
Cookbook Author, TV Cooking Show Host & Creator of Health Craft Cookware

In a day and age when anyone can post just anything on the internet without the website provider verifying whether the statement made is true, false, or accurate, or that of a competitor, is sad, but it is a public forum that can provide the public with relevant, current information that can be helpful. Even so, companies must defend themselves if and when comments or opinions are derogatory and contrary to the truth.

Health Craft is a three generation family owned business with manufacturing facilities in the USA, providing jobs for skilled American craftsmen. Unlike most American cookware companies we are not, and will not, ship jobs overseas for cheaper made products and higher profits.

If any of the complaints on this site are truly Health Craft customers in need of service please contact me directly.

Charles Knight

Founder Health Craft Cookware

cktocook@HealthCraft.com

813-887-3616

This company relies on fairs and tv advertisements for their sales. Not traditional stores with normal return policies. I made the mistake of buying a $280 food processor at a fair. a) It was sold used without a discount. b) I was charged shipping and handling, yet I picked it up. c) It broken within 30 days and they were notified. I requested a refund and returned the merchandise.

Then Healthcraft shoved the product on me saying I signed a 3 day right to a refund in a CONTRACT. What? If their product is so great why do they force it on you? I thought I signed a paper acknowledging reciept of the merchandise. That is [a lie]. If their product is so good, give it a normal 30 day money back guarantee.... No one has time to deal with returns within 3 days...ESPECIALLY AT A FAIR! And of course Healthcraft abuses that saying they are abiding by Federal Law.

So they want to hide behind a loophole in interstate commerce with contracts? How lame is that? SNAKE OIL SALESMAN! There are complaints all over the Internet on this company. I gave them a YEAR to offer a refund and ample opportunities to fix the problem. I'm out $280 and I have proof of delivery of the returned merchandise.

I also wish to share with the public that Healthcraft claimed no responsibility for the sale and no involvement in the transaction. They

said it's between me and the sales guy. Yet they processed my credit card transaction, so it is up to them to contact their contractor/ distributor. Healthcraft's quality issues and internal communications are not my problem. Lost $280. No merchandise in my possession. Wasted my time with telephone conversations that had no results.

Healthcraft should stand behind their product with a normal refund policy if they are so good! Or at least normal. Healthcraft, hides behind such nefarious statements like "we've been around since 1937?" or some other date? ...maybe someone manufactured since that date, but I doubt they've worked with these high pressure salesmen that long. The company is known as Healthcraft, Royal Prestige or Ekco Home and is based in Florida. Kitchen Craft sells the same wares and is also based out of Florida.

TRAVELING SNAKE OIL SALESMEN DO STILL EXIST

This company relies on fairs and tv advertisements for their sales. Not

traditional stores with normal return policies.

I made the mistake of buying a $280 food processor at a fair.
a) It was sold used without a discount.
b) I was charged shipping and handling, yet I picked it up.
c) It broken within 30 days and they were notified. I requested a refund

and returned the merchandise.

Then Healthcraft shoved the product on me saying I signed a 3 day right to a refund in a CONTRACT. What? If their product is so great why do they force it on you? I thought I signed a paper acknowledging reciept of the merchandise. That is BS. If their product is so darned good, give it a normal 30 day money back guarantee.... No one has time to deal with returns within 3 days.... ESPECIALLY AT A FAIR! And of course Healthcraft abuses that saying they are abiding by Federal Law.

So they want to hide behind a loophole in interstate commerce with contracts?!? How lame is that?

SNAKE OIL SALESMAN!!!!!!

said it's between me and the sales guy. Yet they processed my credit card transaction, so it is up to them to contact their contractor/distributor.

Healthcraft's quality issues and internal communications are not my problem.

Healthcraft should stand behind their product with a normal refund policy if they are so good! ........................Or at least normal.

Healthcraft, hides behind such nefarious statements like "we've been around since 1937?" or some other bullshit date? ...maybe someone manufactured since that date, but I doubt they've worked with these high pressure salesmen that long.

Why doesn't Healthcraft distribute thru normal means if they are soooo established and reputable? I'll bet they spend lots of time trying to clean up the s*** storm they leave with dissatisfied customers.

I expect them to continue making the same song and dance about how great they are in rebuttal...Rather than fixing the problem with a refund as they should have.

I personally want to make sure Healthcraft loses more than what I lost in future sales. It's a matter of principle. No consumer should have such aggressive marketing tactics forced on them. Consider it my public service to the community....

I purchase Health craft cook ware at a home improvement show from Fred Fams (4-5-09), after I received the cookware I couldn't get the same results that they were demonstration at their show. Fred then came to my home and he was showing me how to use the cookware which he was also having trouble with on my stove. I was then told that it was my stove and so I had a repair service ($84.95) come out to look at the stove and was told there was nothing wrong with the stove.

So again I called Fred back out and we tried again with no better luck. So now they want to replace the health craft with the Royal cookware which has not arrived after several weeks of our conversation. I did try one piece of the Royal and it did do a better job than the health craft, but it still was not what I was expecting. I told them I just wanted to return the set and get my money back. I was told that once you purchased the cookware you owned it, there was no return policy. I was and am very upset about this and can't belive if you are not safatisfied that they would not do a refund the best cookware out there will refund replace any of their products without questions.

I ordered cookware, believing I was purchasing Healthcraft. I have some Healthcraft Cookware. I love it and wanted to get additional pieces. The salesman was in a Healthcraft booth; there was Healthcraft signage; he wore a jacket with a Healthcraft monogram; and he only spoke of Healthcraft. The receipt we were given said Healthcraft. The credit card bill was to Healthcraft. What else would a reasonable customer assume, but that they are purchasing Healthcraft? When the cookware arrived, it was Royal Prestige. It's not the same quality as Healthcraft and I don't want it! Royal Prestige is not part of Healthcraft. It is a separate company.

I immediately called Healthcraft's customer service to let them know I didn't want the products and would be returning them. Steve, the customer service representative, gave me the runaround for several days. He promised to call me today to tell me how to handle this matter. Instead, he was rude; curt; abrasive and told me I was harassing him and then he hung up. I'm a professional woman. In all of this, I never raised my voice. I never used anything but proper language. I was willing to cooperate with their ridiculous return policy (wait for them to give a return number before the warehouse will accept the returned merchandise).

I have all the original packing material. I never used any of the cookware. I want to return this and get a full credit on my credit card, including the shipping costs since I was deceptively sold a brand of cookware that I didn't order or want. I asked to speak to the president of the company and was told he'd been advised of my situation and this was how I was to be handled. I couldn't get through to him. I was told it was my responsibility to know what I was buying.

Healthcraft Cookware Company Profile