2.8/5 (136 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Handy

Handy is an online marketplace for discovering local cleaning and handyman services. With Handy, you can find companies or services based on ratings and other search factors in your area, including filters for specialized services like TV mounting,

Pros

• Free service if you’re dissatisfied
  • Variety of services available
  • Easy-to-use app

Cons

• Vague pricing

Bottom Line

Handy is a professional cleaning and handyman service that matches users with the service that they need. Its prices are vague and depend on size and service, but the app can be a great way to find qualified companies.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

What is Handy?

Handy is a leading online platform for finding professional, background-checked cleaning or handy work. It’s a convenient platform that helps customers quickly find quality help. Handy’s happiness guarantee promises that the company will try its best to match you with qualified professionals in your city to solve your handy or cleaning needs quickly. Handy is in 28 cities nationwide — check the company's website to see if it's available in your area.

How does Handy work?

The easiest way to use Handy is through its mobile device app. Once you download the app, you can select your desired service — options include full-house cleaning, partial-house cleaning and handy services, including assembling furniture.

After Handy matches you with professionals in your area, you can select a time that works best for you, and Handy takes your payment securely online.

Handy cleaning prices

Handy has a variety of pricing structures, including one-time services and scheduled cleaning plans for monthly or biweekly visits. Handy’s prices vary based on your house's size and your cleaning specifications, but it does charge a $15 fee if you cancel between 24 hours and two hours before your appointment. If you cancel at the time of your appointment, you must pay full price.

Handy has a strong customer support policy and offers a free second visit if you have complaints about your service. It also has 24/7 customer support and can be reached easily by email.

Handy FAQ

How much is Handy?
Handy’s prices vary based on the service. For cleaning, the size of your house also affects the cost.
Who owns Handy?
ANGI Homeservice Inc. owns Handy.
Does HomeAdvisor own Handy?
HomeAdvisor and Handy are owned by the same parent company, ANGI Homeservices.
Does Handy do background checks?
Yes, Handy does background checks to vet its professionals.

Is Handy legit?

Yes, Handy is a legit way to find cleaning and handy services in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. It conducts a lengthy screening process for all of its handymen and cleaning professionals that includes credit and background checks. If you need to find cleaning services or have small jobs that need to be done around your house, we recommend looking on Handy for local professionals.

Handy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Scheduled my appt for today at 1:00 pm so I can be home once the pro would arrive to clean the home. I reached out through the chat to confirm my appt for today and the rep stated that no pros were available in my area after taking my money and guaranteed my scheduled time would be accommodated. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way at all and I am very upset about the lack of service this company has provided. Rep stated that they couldn't help me, offered a reschedule 2 days later that wouldn't work with my schedule and basically told me that there was nothing I could do.

I told them cancel the cleaning, refund my money (Which of course, according to them would take 3-5 business days) and I never want them to contact me ever again. Why would you take consumers' money knowing that you cannot guarantee a job will be completed because these are independent contractors that you employ. I will never use their services. I don't care if they paid me to, NEVER AGAIN. Please do not use this company at all!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I purchased this at checkout through Costco to have my TV and mount hung. The first time it was scheduled, the pro cancelled 2 hours before the scheduled time. The app rescheduled again, and then the pro no-showed so I called Handy customer service. They apologized and rescheduled again and promised it'd be done on that new date (today). That brings us to today, the pro cancelled last minute again. I called customer support and they said there was nothing they can do. I asked if they would reach out to their pros list and try and get someone assigned today. They said that is not possible and they cannot help me. So here I am $100 out with no service and no support. Extremely disappointed. I 100% suggest not using Handy, which is no fault of Costco, but I definitely recommend after my experience and the review of others that Costco reevaluate their contract and partnership with Handy.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

First off it is stated that you’re supposed to stay in another area of the house while workers are assembling product, and they’re to wear mask. I did my part, no mask for them. Most importantly my entertainment center’s fireplace was put in upside down, and the surrounding was damaged. I didn’t notice right away (went on vacation). Upon returning I retested the fireplace only to notice the flames were pointing downward. Called CS only to be told there was nothing they could do because I missed the timeline for them to fix the problem. Now I’ll have to pay AGAIN to get this problem rectified.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Handy is a Middleware service which connects customers with Handyman for different types. It has zero ownership of the the service. I scheduled a service 14 days in advance and it was confirmed. It got assigned two reps and both unassigned and one unassigned at the last minute. Handy has no clue about it, it's just a software platform to make money from customers and Handyman pros. Don't fall for it. It spoiled my entire day and also I had to double the price to someone else urgently. Avoid Handy as much as possible.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

We ordered a few things from Wayfair that required some assembly. Handy scheduled 3 men to come out and work on our projects. Only one guy showed up and he was nice enough to complete all the work if I paid him on the side. I needed it done and didn't have time to sort out who was supposed to come. After dealing with Handy customer service forever, they finally agreed to refund me the $200 I spent for the assembly. However they are MAILING me a CHECK and I was told it will take 5 weeks. Good grief!!!! Lesson learned, find your own handyman!!! This app is a SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Handy is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Hired them through Wayfair to build our gazebo. First day, someone called off an hour before our booking, there is no customer service to help you- only a call center in India to tell you there's nothing they can do, and rescheduled our appointment. Then they were unable to find pros to take the reschedule- so we were rescheduled AGAIN. 3rd time, there was another issue. There is no way to get a real person on the phone to help you- only the call center in India- where they have absolutely no idea what's going on or how to do anything other than "apologize for the inconvenience". Asked for a refund- was given the run around several times- finally got someone to issue my refund only to be told it takes 4-5 weeks to process... What? What an absolute nightmare from beginning to end.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Handy is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. My wife had to take 3 different days off from work to wait for the Handy "Professional" to show up and assemble some furniture. She was blown off all 3 times. Wayfair was the one that recommended them. Shame on Wayfair.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I have had several different cleaners come to the house for a total of maybe 4 or 5 appointments. Only one of the cleaners actually stayed the full 6 hours and did a good job. I was not able to keep her because I never gained access to the Handy App. All the other cleaners left after about 3 hours and you could see visible dirt in corners and along the floor near baseboards. The support for this company is overseas. (Language barrier - very poor customer service experiences)

My experience to gain access to my account is what lead me to finally cancel everything and leave this review. Each agent was completely clueless about the issue at hand which is that I never received an email to reset my password. I was asked to take a screenshot of the error...not exactly sure how I'm supposed to send a screenshot of an email not being delivered by their system. All of the agents attempt to disengage by saying email will come after some time passes (never does). I didn't even know Handy was a thing. I thought I was buying through Angi - it appears Handy is associated with Angi. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I paid for the Handy furniture assembly option through Wayfair when I bought an entertainment center console. They emailed confirmation of the appointment, I arranged my schedule, etc., and an hour before they were due to arrive, they canceled saying they could not find a professional to do the work. Stupidly, I rescheduled with them - and the same thing happened for the second appointment. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I'm hemiplegic on the right so the only way I can get around is in a wheelchair. This company should rename the company name "Unreliable"! I created booking for a year to have somebody come and clean my house. The day of the booking and 15 minutes after the scheduled start time I receive a text from unreliable stating there was an emergency and they were canceling my booking. This is the third time I've used this service and each time there was a cancellation with no explanation. I'm very dissatisfied and I may cancel my additional bookings.

Handy Company Information