Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Handy is an online marketplace for discovering local cleaning and handyman services. With Handy, you can find companies or services based on ratings and other search factors in your area, including filters for specialized services like TV mounting,

BOTTOM LINE

Handy is a professional cleaning and handyman service that matches users with the service that they need. Its prices are vague and depend on size and service, but the app can be a great way to find qualified companies.

PROS

• Free service if you’re dissatisfied
  • Variety of services available
  • Easy-to-use app

CONS

• Vague pricing

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

What is Handy?

Handy is a leading online platform for finding professional, background-checked cleaning or handy work. It’s a convenient platform that helps customers quickly find quality help. Handy’s happiness guarantee promises that the company will try its best to match you with qualified professionals in your city to solve your handy or cleaning needs quickly. Handy is in 28 cities nationwide — check the company's website to see if it's available in your area.

How does Handy work?

The easiest way to use Handy is through its mobile device app. Once you download the app, you can select your desired service — options include full-house cleaning, partial-house cleaning and handy services, including assembling furniture.

After Handy matches you with professionals in your area, you can select a time that works best for you, and Handy takes your payment securely online.

Handy cleaning prices

Handy has a variety of pricing structures, including one-time services and scheduled cleaning plans for monthly or biweekly visits. Handy’s prices vary based on your house's size and your cleaning specifications, but it does charge a $15 fee if you cancel between 24 hours and two hours before your appointment. If you cancel at the time of your appointment, you must pay full price.

Handy has a strong customer support policy and offers a free second visit if you have complaints about your service. It also has 24/7 customer support and can be reached easily by email.

Handy FAQ

How much is Handy?
Handy’s prices vary based on the service. For cleaning, the size of your house also affects the cost.
Who owns Handy?
ANGI Homeservice Inc. owns Handy.
Does HomeAdvisor own Handy?
HomeAdvisor and Handy are owned by the same parent company, ANGI Homeservices.
Does Handy do background checks?
Yes, Handy does background checks to vet its professionals.

Is Handy legit?

Yes, Handy is a legit way to find cleaning and handy services in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. It conducts a lengthy screening process for all of its handymen and cleaning professionals that includes credit and background checks. If you need to find cleaning services or have small jobs that need to be done around your house, we recommend looking on Handy for local professionals.

Handy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I started using Handy to clean my apartment as a working mom, keeping up at home has been hard. I have a lot on my plate and was looking to simplify and eat an extra cost if it meant I didn't have to struggle so much. One of their cleaners accidentally spilled an wall plug in on my wooden hutch. The oils stripped the wood and completely ruined my solid wood EXPENSIVE hutch.

I was horrified and immediately reached out to Handy, as you pay for insurance for each cleaning. It took days for them to reply and after many back and forth emails, mainly me continuing to email without reply they sent a handy man to fix it. He did not fix it and left me with stain and a tiny paintbrush (that I had to buy) to try to fill in the stripped wood with stain. This took hours to do. It did not work as this is not how you fix this kind of damage. I reached out to handy with more pictures and they assured me they would take care of it. - This is after weeks of me sending emails pleading for help with this issue, getting automated emails saying that they received my email and gave me time frames for a reply that were rarely met.

They then needed an estimate to fix it. I told them this would take time which they assured me was fine. One recent email even said I had 30 days from December 30th. A few days later I got another email saying my case was closed because it was over 30 days. I gave the estimate and sent a long email. Mind you, it is still within the 30 day window. Since then I sent 4-5 emails (at least). They won't reply at all now. I am now left with a very upsetting damage in my home. An extremely stressful back and forth and I am left helpless as they just refuse to respond. This lack of accountability is unsettling and upsetting. Mind you I am still obligated to continue and pay for cleanings.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Omg this company is the worst, so I schedule a cleaning for 12-12-20 at 3pm and the lady said she wouldn't be able to make it, to cancel the appointment. So I did I haven't gotten my refund back. I also had a booking for today 12-23-20 at 2pm and no one showed up. But guess what they took the money out my account. The communication is terrible too. Everything is and email no phone number. I tried to cancel the service and they want to charge me 99.00 to cancel like really you have about 200.00 already. I'm so upset.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Don't use this service!!!! No one shows after they confirm appointment. A recording calls 2 hours before scheduled time to say they have no one coming! They continue to charge for future appointments that they don't keep. If you want to cancel there is a $99 fee!!! In my opinion, total scam! Reporting to BBB.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

This “Handy” company is unreliable and not worth the time and money you have to pay for their non-existent service! I (re)scheduled my appointment for an install on 12/1 at 1 pm. Handy confirmed my appointment and sent me a reminder via email for the above mentioned day and time. Much to MY SURPRISE, the “handy pro” was a NO-SHOW and they rescheduled my “handy pro” service to another day and time (@7:30pm!) without any notice or preapproval from me! REALLY?!!? How do they know my personal schedule??? They better refund me ALL of my money cause I will not use or refer them to anyone EVER!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Stay clear of this company. There is no real commitment to provide the service you are looking for. You think you can count on the agreed upon service, then the morning of the expected service, nobody shows up. I tried 4 separate times (4th time just as a test). Never did the cleaning service show up. The first one failed me the final day we had to be out of our house upon sale. Needless to say, this failed service was a real inconvenience. After the failed appointments, I received inquiries from Handy, as if they really cared. The responses were automated canned responses. What a joke. Save yourself the disappointment and go with another cleaning service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Just terrible! First off, the person who they sent had a definite affect and was not a mentally stable person. I say this With no judgment, but the person had such a significant affect, that I did not feel safe. In four hours she cleaned a very small bathroom and a very small kitchen. She cleaned a few surfaces in the dining room and in a living room. None of the bedrooms the halls or any other areas were cleaned. This was my first cleaning with this service. Handy offers a first cleaning discount when You go into a six month contract with them. After this experience they are trying to charge me $100 to cancel the contract. Needless to stay I will be disputing this with my credit card company. After this first experience I never wanna deal with them again.

In no way was I going to continue with a contract for five additional cleanings with this company when they sent out someone who is this incapable of cleaning my house. She was continuously interrupting me, I was working from home, and she was Insistent on showing me what she cleaned. I was on a phone call, a business phone call, she saw the phone to my ear, but she interrupted trying to show me she clean the tub. That was bonkers....I cannot believe anyone would even do that. When she came in I also showed her where all the cleaning supplies were, yet she was asking me to go retrieve and get supplies for her while I was working.

When I tried to not acknowledge her conversations and continue with my day, she was Insistent that I knowledged everything she cleaned to such a demanding level. It took numerous, numerous emails back-and-forth with Handy to knowledge that this was a ridiculously Unprofessional Cleaning that I had. It took even more emails for them to refund my credit card, only after I Let them know that I would report them to the Better Business Bureau as well as American Express.

I did get a refund. I should get more because of the aggravation. I cannot tell you, I cannot urge you enough to not do business with handy. You don’t know who’s coming into your house. I keep a very neat house but because of work Demands, I like to have the aid of a cleaning service once a month. This was a frightening experience but a Lesson learned. I have had cleaners for the last 30 years. Some good some very good but never as bad as this experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

First time I used Handy was in 2019 after a Wayfair purchase. Pro did a great job and the charge was reasonable. This time Handy charged $160 for what I needed done, but no pro would take the easy job. Reason? They would have only been paid $30 for it. Cancelled it and put it together myself. Won’t use Handy again.

Handy Company Information