1.0/5 (88 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Handy

Handy is an online marketplace for discovering local cleaning and handyman services. With Handy, you can find companies or services based on ratings and other search factors in your area, including filters for specialized services like TV mounting,

Pros

• Free service if you’re dissatisfied
  • Variety of services available
  • Easy-to-use app

Cons

• Vague pricing

Bottom Line

Handy is a professional cleaning and handyman service that matches users with the service that they need. Its prices are vague and depend on size and service, but the app can be a great way to find qualified companies.

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

What is Handy?

Handy is a leading online platform for finding professional, background-checked cleaning or handy work. It’s a convenient platform that helps customers quickly find quality help. Handy’s happiness guarantee promises that the company will try its best to match you with qualified professionals in your city to solve your handy or cleaning needs quickly. Handy is in 28 cities nationwide — check the company's website to see if it's available in your area.

How does Handy work?

The easiest way to use Handy is through its mobile device app. Once you download the app, you can select your desired service — options include full-house cleaning, partial-house cleaning and handy services, including assembling furniture.

After Handy matches you with professionals in your area, you can select a time that works best for you, and Handy takes your payment securely online.

Handy cleaning prices

Handy has a variety of pricing structures, including one-time services and scheduled cleaning plans for monthly or biweekly visits. Handy’s prices vary based on your house's size and your cleaning specifications, but it does charge a $15 fee if you cancel between 24 hours and two hours before your appointment. If you cancel at the time of your appointment, you must pay full price.

Handy has a strong customer support policy and offers a free second visit if you have complaints about your service. It also has 24/7 customer support and can be reached easily by email.

Handy FAQ

How much is Handy?
Handy’s prices vary based on the service. For cleaning, the size of your house also affects the cost.
Who owns Handy?
ANGI Homeservice Inc. owns Handy.
Does HomeAdvisor own Handy?
HomeAdvisor and Handy are owned by the same parent company, ANGI Homeservices.
Does Handy do background checks?
Yes, Handy does background checks to vet its professionals.

Is Handy legit?

Yes, Handy is a legit way to find cleaning and handy services in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. It conducts a lengthy screening process for all of its handymen and cleaning professionals that includes credit and background checks. If you need to find cleaning services or have small jobs that need to be done around your house, we recommend looking on Handy for local professionals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handy?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Mitch ** of kailua uses Faith Construction as a company to do jobs. It's not his company and they have been shut down for years. He's a crook who will charge 13000 for cabinets that cost 1300. He cuts corners, reuses supplies, the cheapest possible. He will install broken supplies and patch it up. He's a crook.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I wish I had read all of these reviews before booking Handy. I now know why the majority of reviews are one or less stars…I had booked a handy appointment to arrive at 12 o'clock To 2 o'clock on Thursday August 4th. At a little before noon I reached out to the pro To ensure that he was still coming he told me that he was running late and asked if we could reschedule for the evening. I told him that was not acceptable and I asked why he had not called me when he knew he was running late to let me know that he would be late and he said, "I should have. I should have."

I then called customer service to complain and they were absolutely no help. They do not care about their customers whatsoever. The customer service representative kept telling me that the handy pro is an independent contractor and they had no control over them! I asked for a partial refund and was told all they could do for me was reschedule for a new date...I took the day off work for this appointment...now they say I need to take another day off...no!!! I will cancel this service and dispute with my credit card company. My advice: DO NOT USE HANDY!!!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Scheduled 3 appointments for furniture assembly - all no shows and no call from technician. Technician does not answer phone or text even when the company calls them to find out where they are, charged my credit card before they ever did anything. 4th appointment - over an hour late. All customer service people have serious accents and you can’t understand a word they say, all they do is apologize. Don’t buy furniture from Ashley/that’s who they use for furniture assembly.

Original review: July 29, 2022

It was a bad service, I cancelled after a few attempts to make it work. They confirmed in email that I cancelled, then 2 days later they took $280 off my credit card and still sent someone to my house. I had to deny them and have been dealing with clearly outsourced email support that is telling me that since they sent someone, I won't be refunded. This is a terrible service that everyone should run away from. Go find a an individual worker and leave this garbage attempt at a software as a service to fail. I'm contacting the BBB and dealing with cc dispute. This is the worst service I've ever experienced. Don't use.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I bought 2 garage door openers (Chamberlain smart video openers) from Lowe's and paid installation while purchasing. Lowes referred to handy.com, and I got someone came to install it. The installer removed the existing opener, unpacked the new one and connected one end of the belt to the wall and kept hanging the other end and called me and said he cannot do anything else because there is a center beam in my garage. Now my door is not working and I have to pull up and down the door manually to operate it.

I called the Chamberlain Customer Support and they said this is very common procedure any garage door installer can do it. They also sent me this link - **. I tried to call few other installers and they said they will install only if I buy the opener from them. Then I tried reaching out to Lowe's, that is a complete different nighmare. The sales person gave her card to me when I bought the product. Later when I tried to e-mail her, she did not respond to me. Then I went into the store and tried to find her. Not able to find her, but one of her colleagues helped to enter some notes into the system. No response for few days. Then I e-mailed Lowes again. No response yet. Now I paid for a preminum product and pulling and pushing the garage door daily. For anyone interested to see the quality of work handy.com did for me, I have attached the pictures.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Read all other reviews. It’s happened to me. Customer service does not care about you. Don’t do it. I had to pay someone else to do what they said they would do. Canceled and rescheduled for weeks. I needed someone to fix what the first person did with my AC. It’s 105 degrees in Texas and Handy can’t send someone out to make this right.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I’m a contractor for them and I’ve had issues receiving my pay from Angi (Handy). I've done jobs required 2 people where to satisfy and make customer happy I did the job without help. Customers reach out to support to tell them they wanted me to get both pay since it already has been taken off their cards and more than 5 times the customer reaches out to them and still nothing gets done. I’ve spent almost 24 hours requesting my extra hours and customer also just to be told no history in conversation. I’ve had 39 customers repeat after the job and due to customer service with support the customer contacts me directly for more work they want done.

As a worker we can’t speak to a person on the phone. It’s only through their app messaging but to be told the next time I reach out to receive my pay just to be told, "No history. We will reach out to the customer." Customer confirms I need the extra pay and still no money in my account. 39 of my customers stated they will not use them, HomeAdvisor, Thumbtack and for their jobs. They are a joke.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I purchased an entertainment center from Wayfair on May 24th for our new home. After a few shipping delays, it was delivered 6/16 with a scheduled installation of 6/18. In my limited experience with Handy, the first appointment with ALWAYS be rescheduled (I used them for another purchase), but thus far, they have rescheduled FIVE TIMES with no help from Wayfair Handy. We have now cancelled the service altogether and will need to find an installer. This has been a literally customer service nightmare.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I am a cleaning person. In my opinion this app is not only run by crooks who just want to nickel and dime you to death but they have absolutely NO concern for the clients safety. At this time if you cancel not only are you charged for the cancelation now but your bid still remains on the workers account if they have accepted the job. Therefore this person or Crew of persons still has your address, is still planning on earning money for that day and is still coming to your property! My concern for clients is not only for their privacy but for their safety. The most recent client I went to was elderly. Very with it but nonetheless they could not get in contact with ANYONE to cancel or even state that the job had been completed!

I was irritated with the loss of potential income at first but the more I thought about it the more I realized there was a much bigger issue here. I am willing to bet that there are loopholes in this system where NOT EVERYONE IS VETTED. I.E. crew services and what not. If mowing Joe has to let someone go because of a cancelation or garbage like this app, what's stopping that vengeful ex-employee from returning to the last location later on to get his money's worth? Nothing. Please do not use this app and make sure your loved ones know the dangers of letting people into their homes.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I had an appointment set weeks in advance. Handy.com emailed 50 minutes beforehand to say they had to cancel and had rescheduled the appointment. No phone call. No apology. I took my time off to make sure I was there. If I had done what they did to me I would be charged the full rate for cleaning. Does handy.com care about your lost time, nope. Are they trying to make it right nope. But will they make sure they get paid, yup. Handy.com gets 1 star but should be zero because they demonstrated to me they do not care about us the customer!

Handy Company Information