Hampton Bay Lighting
1.44/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Hampton Bay Lighting

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Hampton Bay Lighting Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

I bought these lights a few months ago from Home Depot and did NOT keep the receipt. Two months ago I installed them through trees alongside my deck and was delighted with them until last week when one of the bulbs stopped working and then another conked out two nights ago. Although Home Depot has an online Hampton Bay customer service department and one is advised to email or call them there is no link for an email and I'm disinclined to sit on the phone going through a "press 1,2,3 etc." to get a response. I can find no email link anywhere online for Hampton Bay.

I'm very familiar with solar lights and have never had any fail so miserably after such a very short time. Since I didn't keep the receipt it seems I have no recourse but just to leave them up until the rest of the bulbs fail and then hope to find something similar which will last better. I live in the Caribbean and these lights have enjoyed the best weather with nothing whatsoever to damage them - no heavy winds or torrential rains and they were securely fastened in place. Very disappointing.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Purchased model number 54645141 for our kitchen. Had it 3 years. Bought because it was LED and would last forever. Last night it fell down. The cover broke as did the plastic clips, which appear to be the cause. Home Depot will give us in store credit but no refund since we did not save the receipt. My husband installed the original, but he cannot uninstall a replacement, so we have an additional expense for that. It could have fallen on either of us!!! Will try Hampton Bay directly.

Get expert buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Getting the stakes in the ground so that the lights can be installed is impossible. The cheap, thin plastic breaks at the slightest tap of a hammer. This product is completely useless. Don't waste your money on it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Hampton Bay has a "seal" right on the front of their manuals stating "Lifetime Warranty" but in fact, it is a limited warranty. I think people should be aware that Hampton Bay offers no such warranty for their ceiling fans and they should remove their "seal" stating so. Very deceptive and false advertising. I would be happy to attach their "seal" but I'll have to see if this site will allow attachments.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Hampton Bay/Home Depot LED Solar Cap Lights SKU 609350 - On Sept 19, 2017, just 4 days after I purchased my home, a deck fire broke out in the early morning hours (we woke up to smoke at approx 2:20am, the FD was called at approx 2:24am). There were 8 cap lights on the deck. When the FD and Sheriff's dept arrived, I asked one of the deputies his thoughts of the cause. He said "it was your grill". I laughed and said "No Sir, that grill hasn't been lit, since 4th of July." And I had guest over earlier in the evening that could testify that the grill was not lit, and still had the cover on it...not to mention it was 97 degrees that day (in the shade about 110). So I went back to the deck where the firefighters were going thru ash and debris. Overhearing one of the firefighters saying "solar lights?" to the Chief.

When I asked the chief he said he could not rule out the lights, nor could he for the "record" say they were the cause. However, the point of origin was the corner post, 18-20 inches away from where my covered grill was. In short, I contacted Home Depot/Hampton Bay the very same day. I have months of email chains beginning with Home Depot/Hampton Bay, escalating up the CHUBB, the client's insurer. In November 2017, I received a phone call from Rachel, the claims specialist with Chubb. The first words out of her mouth were "Hi Sabrina, this is Rachel with Chubb Insurance. We probably will be paying the claim for Ms. ** in Arkansas but I have a few questions for the homeowner..."

I wasn't sure if I heard her right, so I said, "Excuse me. Could you repeat that", and she did. I told her I WAS the homeowner and she quickly changed her tone and stammered her words for a minute, then said "Since I have you on the phone, can I ask you a couple questions...” I said, “Of course.” 1) “Have you contacted an attorney?” - I said "No, but I can." 2) “Have you discussed this on Social Media?” - I said "No, But I can." 3) “Do you have the Original Packaging?” I said "Yes, you have photos". Of course the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. She said my original test samples were lost, could I send the rest that were not destroyed by the fire. 3 were damaged in the fire. I sent 2 originally in Oct.

Of course I did not send them all (the second set was sent in Feb, 2018). Today I get an email stating the test sample show no fault with the product, but they would be happy to reimburse me for my time and shipping - $100. A Billion Dollar Company (The Client and the Insurer, both) states: Further, I am unable to provide you with any written reports regarding the investigation, as no reports were drafted, which is standard in these types of cases.

Needless to say, I will be seeking counsel, and Consumer Affairs, Consumer Product Safety Commission AND Social Media of all kinds. I am not seeking a million dollar claim here. I am only looking for them to repay the claim to my insurance company and for my deductible and my personal property damage to be repaid to me. Folks, we are talking less than 8K... Had we not woke up that morning, it could have been my whole house, and our lives. Note: The damaged battery I included in images was found 18 feet from the fire damage, wedged underneath my back door.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

As a note, I have purchased outdoor LED garden lighting and they did not stand up, rusted despite they were supposed to be stainless steel. I've fortunately had very good luck with fans, the ones I have are very well made. I have a Havana 48" ceiling fan with light, the fan has been running constantly over a year with not one difficulty. I have just purchased/installed three Lillycrest 52" fans, no light, and I thought the build quality was great, and all of the fans are very quiet. I went by the reviews on the Home Depot website before purchasing them. I might just be lucky with these particular fans. This said, I have in the past purchased some Hampton Bay lights that I thought were junk. I always read all the reviews I can find. I am not saying all Hampton Bay products are perfect, but just that I've had excellent experiences with these particular fans. I just want to give them some credit where credit is due.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Purchased 3-light vanity lights and 2-single lights about 4 years ago from Home Depot. All have some degree of pitting, corrosion and/or rust. I took them back to HD and they would not take them back. I contacted Hampton Bay via email with pictures and was told they were out of warranty. I replied that I would like a website/link where I can view the warranty myself and have not heard back. Very disappointed and will not purchase Hampton Bay again.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I had purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling light about five years ago. Recently the light stopped working. After changing out the bulbs, the light switch and verifying that current was running to the light, it was determined that the ballast was no longer working. I received no help at the local store and customer service was slow in responding after the information was provided.

Additionally, I needed to call to determine where the request stood. I was told that parts are no longer available. They could not provide a vendor to go to and it was suggested that I search on the internet. I did and that. It was frustrating and fruitless. I also looked locally which was unsuccessful. So I am left to repaint the ceiling (five years will fade the surrounding ceiling) and look for a new light. So far the process has taken three weeks to get this far. Since Hampton Bay parts may not be available when they discontinue a product I will look elsewhere for my lighting needs and subsequent service/parts.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Hampton Bay "Carriage House II" Ceiling Fan purchased November 2009 from Home Depot. The lights on my ceiling fan kept burning out quicker than usual. This year they started flickering. I took apart the lighting section of the fan and discovered all of the wires connected to the porcelain insulators where the bulbs are connected were badly corroded, disintegrating, and shorting out. The fan is a ceiling fan and is used in the kitchen of our bungalow. There is no reason for the wires to be corroding and creating a fire hazard. The vendor, in this instance Home Depot, was completely disinterested to even bother alerting the manufacturer or the public who have purchased this defective product.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I bought the flush mount alabaster fixture and I have installed many of these things in my lifetime. Never have I encounter such a POS in my life. Hampton Bay thinks anyone can guess on where those little ** screws line up. Poor design!!! I ripped that POS down and sent to back to the Home Depot. I have never been defeated on an install job but this one heard every last swear word in the book. Thanks for the meltdown Hampton. I will never buy your ** again.

Hampton Bay Lighting Company Information