2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.20/5

Hamilton Beach Grills Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2018

We love love our grill. Summer evenings are spent grilling for the family outdoors. The grill can hold a lot of veggies on top with the meat or larger items slow cook on the grill. Good purchase.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I like that I can regulate the height of the grill. There is also a smoker function which is quite nice. In addition, it is very easy to clean up, and any brand of charcoal works well with it. The grill is used at least eight months out of the year, it is a great way to cook healthy, as well as to entertain. The cleanup is effortless and we enjoy having a grill. However it is not the most aesthetically pleasing one on the market. It would have been nice to have more options when it comes to finishes, such as including different colors to match my outdoor's space more harmoniously.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It's easy to use and doesn't take long to heat up. Haven't had any trouble. Food is good. It was inexpensive at a great price. There are no more criss-cross flavor bars below the burner and there is no longer the large hopper to collect the droppings. It's a good barbecue that works and it's hassle-free. Features are easy. The igniter is a huge improvement and the wheels make movement much more convenient. However, despite the thermometer on the lid going up to "600", we could not get it to heat up past 375 degrees.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I like the convenience of the grill layout. The knobs are easy to familiarize yourself with. It cooks evenly. Easy to clean. Affordable for a family that is of a lower income bracket. The life of the product is long-lived. It would be great to have an area in the bottom for briskets wood chips of sorts and it have depth to add just a bit of water to the chips to enhance the flavor. Also possibly a drip tray in case you cook with sauces. I like the product over all, it is a good value for the price you pay and it cooks great. Its shape is a space saver as well so not hard to find room for it. I would recommend it indeed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My barbeque cooks evenly, has adjustable temperature knobs and has an area to hold food that is done or spices and other things that I need. It looks pleasing to the eye, is fairly easy to clean and fits perfectly in the corner of my patio. It's not too big and bulky but it's not too small either. It's perfect size for me and my family. It's a great grill and I am able to fire it up and cook a large amount of food for my kids' birthdays, neighborhood block parties and just about any other occasion that comes along. I really enjoy my barbeque and the material being stainless steel is what I am looking for in a barbeque. When this barbeque is old I will most likely be upgrading to the same brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Grills?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like the most the extremely affordable price point, I needed a BBQ grill but financially couldn't spend a lot of money! So I was very happy that there was a lower price option. It's also compact which makes it easier to clean after use. It's easy to assemble and the perfect size for my small family of 4. It grills my food great and is easy to use for a novice griller. But if I were to grill more or be a more experienced griller, I would prefer it to be larger for parties and get togethers with my large family. It would also be great if they offered more variety and styles. Otherwise, my overall experience with my Hamilton Beach BBQ grill is great.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Awesome blue and white grill that has the aspect of affordable grilling in your backyard and can make many appetizers for your loved ones and hosts. People could enjoy their selves and make many appetizers they could to enjoy their meal. People can enhance the way you will cook for all the family and friends of the way a grill and kill time without the hesitation of hot oven and burned in the summer. It's gonna be a unique opportunity to get my kind of grill in the morning and with the aspect of cooking and baking on the grill for a long time and tastes so great.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Comes with easy to follow instructions, easy to put together and didn't take long. Have used it many times, very sturdy and has lasted a long time. Its large square surface area holds a large quantity of whatever you are cooking, holds heat for a long time. Cooks pretty evenly and good for group cookout, not for two or three people. The height is about right for easy access. Great grill for the charged amounts. Comes in multiple colors and available at most large hardware stores or Wal-Mart. But it's too big for everyday cooking and uses quite a bit of charcoal. Also outside gets very hot and takes a long time to cool down. Doesn't come with a cover and starts to rust on outside after several months.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It's big which is great because I can grill vegetables, fish and meat or poultry at one time. That saves me a ton of time which is great when you have hungry guests. But it takes too long sometimes and by the end food comes out dry no matter what sauce or seasoning I use. I also do not like how there is no pouch to keep grill stuff in. The grill could use some improvements but then again it's not the most expensive one out there so I expect flaws. It's also not the most user-friendly so I wish it were easier to handle. Overall though I'm happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Good look and features overall and a strong flame. It's important to have all of these to properly heat your food and have a great all around experience in grilling and eating. I like the look of the grill and the feel as well as the compatibility of it and the speed in which it grills. It has a strong look and it burns for a long time while the food cooks very evenly to get a good overall taste to it. Hamilton is among the best of the available grills out there and would buy it again for the same price or less.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Hamilton Beach Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the leading indoor appliance distributors in the United States, Hamilton Beach sells over 35 million appliances every year. Their indoor grills are perfect for small spaces, cold climates and quick cooking. Buy online or at one of many retailers across North America.

• Easy to clean: The grill and drip tray are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze. Or, use aluminum foil on the grill to make cleanup even easier and faster.

• Nonstick coating: The cooking grid is made of die-cast aluminum with a nonstick coating, so your food will get cooked without getting stuck to the cooking surface.

• Compact for small spaces: Perfect for small kitchens, Hamilton Beach indoor grills provide that great grilling taste without taking up all the space of a regular outdoor grill.

• Budget-friendly: Hamilton Beach’s indoor grills range in price from $29.99 to $89.99, making them a budget-friendly option for anyone.

• Versatility: Hamilton Beach has a variety of indoor grills, including quesadilla makers, sandwich and panini makers, indoor/outdoor grills, three-in-one grill/griddle and searing grill. Buy one or buy several so you have the perfect appliance for every meal you make.

• Best for: Those who want to enjoy grilling without the hassle of a real grill. Good for apartment dwellers, people in cold climates, small families, people without an outdoor living space and travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team