4.17/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2017

42 Hamilton Beach Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My barbeque cooks evenly, has adjustable temperature knobs and has an area to hold food that is done or spices and other things that I need. It looks pleasing to the eye, is fairly easy to clean and fits perfectly in the corner of my patio. It's not too big and bulky but it's not too small either. It's perfect size for me and my family. It's a great grill and I am able to fire it up and cook a large amount of food for my kids' birthdays, neighborhood block parties and just about any other occasion that comes along. I really enjoy my barbeque and the material being stainless steel is what I am looking for in a barbeque. When this barbeque is old I will most likely be upgrading to the same brand.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like the most the extremely affordable price point, I needed a BBQ grill but financially couldn't spend a lot of money! So I was very happy that there was a lower price option. It's also compact which makes it easier to clean after use. It's easy to assemble and the perfect size for my small family of 4. It grills my food great and is easy to use for a novice griller. But if I were to grill more or be a more experienced griller, I would prefer it to be larger for parties and get togethers with my large family. It would also be great if they offered more variety and styles. Otherwise, my overall experience with my Hamilton Beach BBQ grill is great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Awesome blue and white grill that has the aspect of affordable grilling in your backyard and can make many appetizers for your loved ones and hosts. People could enjoy their selves and make many appetizers they could to enjoy their meal. People can enhance the way you will cook for all the family and friends of the way a grill and kill time without the hesitation of hot oven and burned in the summer. It's gonna be a unique opportunity to get my kind of grill in the morning and with the aspect of cooking and baking on the grill for a long time and tastes so great.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Comes with easy to follow instructions, easy to put together and didn't take long. Have used it many times, very sturdy and has lasted a long time. Its large square surface area holds a large quantity of whatever you are cooking, holds heat for a long time. Cooks pretty evenly and good for group cookout, not for two or three people. The height is about right for easy access. Great grill for the charged amounts. Comes in multiple colors and available at most large hardware stores or Wal-Mart. But it's too big for everyday cooking and uses quite a bit of charcoal. Also outside gets very hot and takes a long time to cool down. Doesn't come with a cover and starts to rust on outside after several months.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It's big which is great because I can grill vegetables, fish and meat or poultry at one time. That saves me a ton of time which is great when you have hungry guests. But it takes too long sometimes and by the end food comes out dry no matter what sauce or seasoning I use. I also do not like how there is no pouch to keep grill stuff in. The grill could use some improvements but then again it's not the most expensive one out there so I expect flaws. It's also not the most user-friendly so I wish it were easier to handle. Overall though I'm happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Grills?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Good look and features overall and a strong flame. It's important to have all of these to properly heat your food and have a great all around experience in grilling and eating. I like the look of the grill and the feel as well as the compatibility of it and the speed in which it grills. It has a strong look and it burns for a long time while the food cooks very evenly to get a good overall taste to it. Hamilton is among the best of the available grills out there and would buy it again for the same price or less.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Simple and easy to use grill. It very user-friendly barbecue for almost anyone to set up and disassemble, as well as clean after usage. Disassembles and store very easily, is a table or countertop unit that allows me to use less space when preparing for meal preparation. But I dislike the fact that am unable to have easy access to propane fuel used for preparation of meals.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The grill is easy to use and gives the basic grilling experience with no fuss or worries about exchanging propane tank. Pretty decent grilling area and retains basically same heat during grilling. Works really well, always dependable, still in very good condition and has held up very well in weather. Always ready to use. Wish it was larger though and had more area for food placement and more storage, would also like the grilling area to have a little more larger than what I have.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Love to cook on it. It's one of the best that I have ever owned. Food that is cooked on it taste great. It's easy to clean, gets hot fast and cooks fast, good even cooking and very durable. We use it twice a week some weeks and it's never let me down, been using it for about 6 months with no issues. I recommend everyone to have one. I think they should make smaller ones for single people to have enjoyment.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The grill was easy to use and cooked the meat very nicely. Evenly cooked all around which is very important, I enjoyed using it and the food tasted great. The grill was a little difficult to clean, though. I must not have followed the correct procedures in prepping the grill food tended to stick to it. I guess that is my fault. I wish I had learned how to prep it better. But all in all a fine product. A handy grill and a small footprint makes it a good purchase.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I like the overall performance as well as the price. It cooks great and it is sturdy and easy to use on a daily basis in the summer. It makes a lot of things and it does the cooking really well. It cooks chicken and hamburgers and it comes out delicious. It has a side burner so you can cook corn or eggs on your hamburgers. My overall experience with this grill is great. It last a long time and the features on the product work great.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This model is exactly what I need for my home use. It Truly was a Great purchase. It is small but just the right size for me. Perfect for my balcony as a condo owner. It's Dependable and lasts a long time. Even surviving the outside elements when I have forgotten it outside overnight in rain. I would love More color options in the available models themselves and Possibly more features built in not just extra you can purchase separately. Triple or Dual racks would be a great addition. Gas models as well with the same type of features listed about the regular models. Glad I chose this brand.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I really like Hamilton Beach Grills and so far I have not come across any issue with it. So I will continue to use it to satisfy my grill craving. This brand works much better than other brand I came across and my food is always well done and have a great flavor. I can watch my food while it cook through the see through lid. The temperature can also be adjusted and the grill is non stick so that’s a great deal for me. It is very spacious so I can cook everything at once. It is also dishwasher safe and perfect for indoor use. I like the adjustable knob and I love this grill.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

It heats up very fast and it's big and fits all types of meat. It's pretty simple and great for parties. The grill is expensive but worth the price. I would recommend it if anyone was on the fence about this brand.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The grill was gas and charcoal that made cooking and preparing dinner a breeze and less of a hassle. The feature that was liked the most was the ability to slow cook. This allowed for cooking fish which came out perfect in the end. This is a fabulous product and I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

It has a high power side burner, plenty of room to serve up to six or eight people, and it has its own dedicated box for the smoker which is a unique trait of the bbq. I have had a good overall enjoyment with this bbq since I bought it. I have enjoyed many outdoor cooking plans with friends and family and I know they loved it too. But one of the most annoying features for this typical Hamilton Beach bbq is that the heat is low for its size. This can affect the wait time on the meals.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We cooked fajitas outside and it was so greatly cooked along with the tortillas we threw on the grill as well. I was really surprised the way the meal came out. It looks nice and it grills quickly. We even made grilled corn on the cob which did not take as long as it seemed like it would on any other grill. I really like how thoroughly it cooks outside and it made for a great outing with friends and family really well-cooked dinner for all of us. We really enjoyed the flavor the grill did with the food we cooked.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

What I like about the Hamilton Beach grill is that it is a very reliable and sturdy grill to use in the summer time when having a BBQ with friends and family. If there is anything at all that I could see the Hamilton Beach grill needing improvement on, it would be the fact that there isn't a large color variety in the different assortment of grills they have. Overall, my experience with the Hamilton Beach barbecue grill has been nothing short of fantastic. Every time that I use it, I feel as if I am unstoppable and the grill master of my family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I love using the grill as often as I can. I like the ease of use with the grill. It is very easy to start up. It heats up fast and the cleanup is fairly easy depending on what I cooked. It also heats up very nicely for even cooking and the cover keeps the heat in well so I can do a low and slow method of cooking. I have a very solid buy that is not too expensive. The size is kind of small, but then again I just needed a bigger grill. I would also improve upon the top shelf for keeping meats warm, it is hard to keep up and then close the lid.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Very up to date and very electronic for a grill. They have the most up to date features and the features have great quality to them. However, size is everything in cooking so it needs to be much larger in order to cook more. I do not have much space for cooking and there is also not a lot of room to keep cooking tools. Nevertheless, it works very well and cooks the food fast and cooks the food correctly. I like the brand and I have never had any technical problems with the grill.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

This barbecue grill gets the job done simple. You just put coal in it, light it on fire, let the grill heat up then put the meat and let it sit on the grill, and the food comes out savory and tasty. But I dislike that the grill doesn't have any advanced features like lighting the coal on fire or heating the grill without lighter fluid. The grill should be improved to have these types of features.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

It's fast and it's a wonderful product I have had for over 10 years. It cooks most of my foods in a timely manner and I cannot complain anything more about it. I've been lucky and I have not had any problems or issues with it. It's one of the best I have ever owned and used during the summer season. If I had to do it all over again, I would recommend it to anyone that could use this grill at their home. I wish more products were as effective as this is.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I like the size of the Hamilton Beach barbecue grill. It's not super heavy and it's easy to clean in one simple step. It has a top and bottom grill rack and a cover that slides down over the racks from both sides. It also has wheels for easy put away. One thing I dislike about the grill though is it's very lightweight. I wish it was a little more sturdy because when I put meat a few items on the grill that have weight on them I wouldn't be too concerned about it holding up. But my overall experience isn't terrible. I like the price I paid for it and it has served its purpose over the summer time.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Great product and performs perfectly, grits's great. Product is good quality for the money. Not bad to replace when it does go out because the price is cheaper. The assembly is very easy and one person can complete it! Color is nice! However, weather affects it pretty bad to the bottom, gives out quick bit. Also, have to really be covered and out of weather. The lid need to have a better holder and the openers need to be better quality, it is a little cheap and bends easily. Does not last long, it only lasted a couple of years unlike some of the ones that we paid more for lasted longer.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The Hamilton Beach Grill holds the heat better than other barbecue grills. It is very user friendly and easy to clean and to reset up to use again. We use it daily and cook more on it than in the kitchen. How it cooks food is also even and the temp is easy to adjust. I love the grill but the one I have isn't rotisserie so we had to buy another one so we could have a rotisserie feature. Also, I would like a bigger grill.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hamilton Beach Grills is a brand that I trust and they have reasonable prices for their products and some grills that are portable. The grill is easy to clean, makes grilling fun and easy, cooks well and fits in with outside decor. It did what it claims and it does diamond grill marks. I threw vegetables on it and all turned out nice. The grill does smoke some but I will not complain that my kitchen smells like rib eye. There’s also an amount of time cleaning up the grease splatter and it took forever to heat up the grill surface. The cord is a bit short too so one may need an extension cord.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The features I most like about the Hamilton Beach Grills is its durability and ability to withstand weather conditions. It does its job as a grill. However, the wheels do not withstand long and have to be careful when moving the grill from one location to the next. But overall I truly enjoyed the grill and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something reliability. If I could choose another grill I would go with Hamilton.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Well I picked this grill based off of the features that it has and upon using it I have grew real fond of it. There are many features about it that I really enjoy and my main thing I enjoy is its mobility and light weight on two wheels. It has a hook which allows the grill top to attach to the side while you are cooking, being you don't have to find a place to lay the top. Also, I live to barbecue so when I saw and made purchase on this grill at such reasonable price, I was skeptical but seeing how well it's vented and allows the food to cook, I fell in love.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I like the way the Hamilton Beach grill looks, how easy it is to clean and to set up and that it has a lot of room to cook on it. I also like its lid but I dislike that the grill is very heavy and hard to move indoors in the case of bad weather, how much space it takes up and how it is awkward to store. But my overall experience with using this grill is positive. I use it almost every week and have had no problems with it. I am able to cook reliably and consistently when I use it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I like that the grill was easy to clean and that it lasted a long time. I also liked that it was light enough to carry and drag around when I would take to places like the park or camping. The grill is also of a nice height that I can comfortably place down the food without a struggle. However, I did not like that paint started to peel off after not that many uses and the wheels also became a bit loose so I had to tighten them.

Hamilton Beach Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

As one of the leading indoor appliance distributors in the United States, Hamilton Beach sells over 35 million appliances every year. Their indoor grills are perfect for small spaces, cold climates and quick cooking. Buy online or at one of many retailers across North America.

• Easy to clean: The grill and drip tray are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze. Or, use aluminum foil on the grill to make cleanup even easier and faster.

• Nonstick coating: The cooking grid is made of die-cast aluminum with a nonstick coating, so your food will get cooked without getting stuck to the cooking surface.

• Compact for small spaces: Perfect for small kitchens, Hamilton Beach indoor grills provide that great grilling taste without taking up all the space of a regular outdoor grill.

• Budget-friendly: Hamilton Beach’s indoor grills range in price from $29.99 to $89.99, making them a budget-friendly option for anyone.

• Versatility: Hamilton Beach has a variety of indoor grills, including quesadilla makers, sandwich and panini makers, indoor/outdoor grills, three-in-one grill/griddle and searing grill. Buy one or buy several so you have the perfect appliance for every meal you make.

• Best for: Those who want to enjoy grilling without the hassle of a real grill. Good for apartment dwellers, people in cold climates, small families, people without an outdoor living space and travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs