Haier TVs

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Haier-65UF2505-65-in.-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-TV. Purchased from Costco (Newmarket, ON). Clerk was negative because it was a Chinese company... What isn't made in China! Price point was superior to all others offering same features. You have a 90 day return policy (test drive period), 2 year warranty and an extended warranty for three more years ($60). At $750 what do you have to lose... It then becomes a throw away like many other items we buy today. Sound is tiny and customising the settings isn't very good but a decent sound bar which can be used for years will make the difference. Good picture with several options to view. Cost with extended warranty for five years is $162/year. Go for it. Maybe some of the other manufacturers might consider adjusting their market price to accommodate the changing demographics. I do think some of them are greedy. Like appliances only a handful of manufacturers make all the units and brand name them.

Since I lost my entire household in 2012. Sandy Cyclone in Far Rockaway my daughter bought me a Haier TV. It lasted from Jan. 2013 to recently. I did not watch it for long hours due to working nights. I did not realize the slumland had the heat up high and the electrical components were failing. I used computer and TV as a monitor until my computer was hacked by India spy Hackers. Now the DVD player is damaged. It's been working for 3 1/2 years, but I personally would not buy one.

I suppose to give 0.5 Star, system not allowing. Haier brand is total waste. I bought Haier LED tv in 2014. The main reason for getting this product is, compare to other brand it was low cost. But from the date of purchase, 6 Months once I am changing my TV motherboard. Even service is very worst, they take at least a week to solve your issue. Please go with any other brand, except Haier. Here I couldn't able to find 0.5 Star rating, that's a reason I am providing 1 star.

I am so disappointed! I purchased a Haier 32" TV 02-2015 and it stopped working 05-2016. I thought TV's were meant to last longer than a year and two months, did I miss something? I feel so stupid! I paid for it on terms and in advance so I have one payment left and no TV. I went to Conn's Appliances and got ripped off. My TV light at the bottom would come on but no picture! Then it just stopped working altogether. I unplugged it and plugged it up, pressed buttons and it would come on but after two times it would not work. I called Conn's. I spoke with everybody and the only option I was given was to come in and pay 80.00 dollars to have fixed or see if it can be repaired!!! EVERYBODY! said no to me. Warranty expired 3 months afterwards... I am watching an old TV from at least 15 years ago... I have one more payment! Do you think I should pay it out?

I like the flat screens TV of Haier. They have good resolutions at the price we paid for the TV. At Php 9,995.00 (equivalent to US$ 213.36), we get what we pay for. I also like its media player (have the USB that contains the movies and insert it to TV, and you have the USB). If you want affordable flat screen TVs, Haier is one of the brands you should consider in looking for flat screen TVs. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Well I caved and bought a 65" Haier from Costco and am nothing but pleased. I usually stick to LG but for 699.99 it was an amazing deal. Saying that I will be returning it due to an issue with a white spot that is centered but iI'll be re-buying the same tv due to the fact that I believe it's the tv I got not the model. I find the sound on all TVs to not be great but I also know TVs are made with focus on picture quality over sound and a soundbar is the best option and really is worth it anyway. I would definitely recommend this brand for the cost savings and to be honest TVs are marked up way more than they should just because of the name and Haier is more than great for their price points for what you get. Very happy.

I wish I could give this a quarter of a star. The sound is HORRIBLE. I was told by the people from Badcock that this was an American-made TV. However, upon reading it looks like it's an Indian-made TV. I bought 2 32" TVs for Xmas for my kids and they look nice... But I was surprised by how crappy they sound. Who puts speakers on the BOTTOM of the TV? You can barely hear it when you sit in front of it but can hear it loudly in another room??? Poorly made... I wish I read up on it before the impulsive buy... BUT... I went the cheaper route since I was getting two. :( DO NOT BUY THIS TV!!!

I bought a 42-inch Haier television for my son from HHgregg in February 2015. It died in December 2015. Case closed.

Do not buy this tv. Total garbage. Sound is tinny and try and change the bass or treble is a joke. Made in India. That should say it all. I received mine as a birthday gift. The giver broke down and cried when we hooked it up and found out it was garbage.

I bought this TV probably a year ago. Watching TV all of a sudden it went out. The Standby light keeps on flashing. Won't turn on. No display. I called tech support here in the Philippines and they can't provide any help. I tried to check it on my own and I saw some sparks at the back of the tv. No smell but it's making some weird transforming sound. I turn it upside down and saw another switch. I turn it off then on. Now it's working normal. I'm kinda skeptic if it will happen again. Hope it's just friction. Now I'm scared to turn it back on. It's working fine now but need some recommendation please. The sparking light is from the top of red and black wires.

Purchased HAIER 50" LED HDTV today at Costco in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Beacon Hill branch. I was not familiar with the brand and had a hunch I should go for the LG or Samsung... But the price savings were tempting and the picture quality was only marginally inferior to the comparable and more expensive brands I just mentioned. I never considered sound quality at the store. All the tv's for obvious reasons were on mute.

When I got home and connected up the television, I was totally floored by the poor quality sound. Very tinny and any manipulation through adjustment of the Audio for Bass, Treble etc. was a joke, very very poor. Had I know this product was made in India I would not have bought it. I am returning it to the store and will be happy to pay the extra for a quality product LG or Samsung product. I guess the old adage remains true... You get what you pay for. I was lured by the low price and find myself very dissatisfied with the sound quality of what might otherwise be a marginally acceptable 'big screen' tv experience. If you're thinking of buying this TV, be sure you listen to it... Before you take it from the store.

I have had this TV two months and it has went out again and now it has to be fixed again. That sucks Canon's should replace this TV.

Very upset. Bought 32" TV year ago, worked OK then when I turned off TV will not come back on without having to unplug and plug back in half of the day then maybe come back on. Single father and don't have money to just go and buy TVs every year. All I can say is JUNK JUNK JUNK. DO NOT BUY A HAIER. Just another fine quality product from China. How do I tell daughters there won't be no TV until Christmas.

I bought this television about a year ago and the sound apparently is gone on it now and I may have to replace it soon. This is a great inconvenience and expense for a person living on fix income.

6 months old Haier TV just shut itself off and will not power back on. After reading other reviews now I can see I should have been to this website before I purchased. I got it cheap, so chalk it up to lesson learned. Spend a little more for a better-known brand next time. I'll try customer service but not too hopeful for any solution.

2 year old 32 inch led tv. Loses picture and sound. Haier has no repair for this. I have owned other Haier products. Will steer clear of anything the Haier name on it in the future. They are not willing to lick their own wounds.

I purchased this television from a Fry's electronics about a year or two ago and I barely used to use it. I've been gaming since last October a lil more often and as of August 1 the screen just completely blacks out. I've unplugged it, plugged it into different sockets. I always clean it. It's in a cozy place also. My room is always 75 and under. I work so it's not in use during day. I come home and game maybe 2/3 hours, turn off, sleep. Wake up, turn on maybe 45/1hr 30 mins before I go to work. I turn it off always.

Purchased the TV in October 2014 from hhgregg and having problems with the sound already. It goes in and out. Never again will I purchase an off-brand TV. Lesson learned.

Moved from one city to another. Had it packed away for at least a month. All of a sudden the sound doesn't work. Why? Of course during the move, I lost the receipt and warranty on the damn thing. Sticking to Samsung for sure next time.

This television screen just goes out and if it's a storm and blinks out, you have to keep unplugging the cords and turning it off and on trying to get a picture.

My wife ordered this 32" Haier tv from QVC for our camper which is a seasonal that we use 6 months out of the year. We got it last summer and it started to have problems a couple months in. I told my wife not to purchase unknown brands from QVC as they are probably junk and overpriced. (We maybe use it 6 hrs each weekend.) The screen goes black and you can still hear the sound (which its internal speakers are horrible anyway, I have it hooked to a headphone jack and to a set of computer speakers and sub woofer setup.) Sometimes you can smack the top of the unit and the light will flicker and come on but it may or may not stay on. We will never purchase another Haier product that's for sure.

I bought this Haier 40 inch tv less than 3 months ago and guess what the picture tube is already gone. I advise no one to buy this brand. The picture was not very great. Please don't buy. You will regret it so I will be going to Samsung.

I came home from a trip and tried to turn on my TV, but got black screen and a static noise sound. I can't get it to work. This wasn't cheap and is supposed to be an up and coming company that makes TV's. I won't buy another one.

I purchased a 22" TV with built-in DVD player for my bedroom 12/05/08. You say that's a long time ago and you are right. Guess I should get over it but since losing my job I think about that $300 wasted dollars. At any rate I contacted Haier in June of 2009, I did have a year's warranty. I was told to pack it up and they would send me a pre-paid label, which they did. I boxed up the TV best way I could with lots padding. Original box long gone. Got it to the FedEx place on 6/15/09. Called a couple of days later and they said they had no record. Called 9/3/09 call again Monday not received, called again on 9/3/09 ** (sounds like phone name) had been approved by Manager for refund - should be to me 30-45 days. OK I waited. On 12/19/09 and the 2nd time I spoke with ** she indicated that someone should be calling me within the next few days. Well I'm still waiting. What year is this???? Hey Haier.

I see that my frustration is like those of many. I hate that I even went for the deal instead of the best product around. My Haier does the same thing. Right in the middle of your favorite show... all black. I have to unplug my TV for days before it will even attempt to come on again.

My son bought the T.V. in May 2013. He put a 3 years warranty on it. No one will give me a T.V. I am on disability on C.P.P. I would like a new T.V. It was done in Gibson’s at the Bricks. They will do a thing for me. I would like a T.V., please. My son had the order number as he is going to the Bricks. There is no warranty on the T.V.

I loved this TV because of its lightweight, and thin body. The picture was exceptional, although the sound was less than desired. I talk past tense, because out of the blue, it had an early death. It resurrected momentarily for a day, and then took a dying gasp. Another one I will not get.

Purchased a 58" Haier LED LCD TV in April of 2014, Worked fine till Nov. 2014. A vertical line about 20" in from the left side of the TV running from top to bottom a sort of greeny blue colour developed in November. Still not a major problem as it was only visible when the TV turned on and there was a white background or when a light background was viewed during a program. It only became an issue when I purchased an upgraded receiver allowing me to view programs in High Def.

Now it was visible pretty much all the time. I called the Brick warranty people. They directed me to Haier America toll free number. I was given an email address to contact and sent a jpg of the line and the purchase invoice. In 4 days they called my cell and gave me authorization to return the TV to the Brick. I called the Brick they had received Haier's authorization and I reselected to a new Haier TV. Incredibly efficient and polite. They even called my cell twice and left messages to confirm I had received their authorization. I wish all manufacturers were as efficient and professional as Haier America.

I was just trying to clean the tv and the stand is so weak that the tv fell on my head. My head was badly hurt and there was a danger of being seriously hurt.

It takes an 30-45 mins for the picture and sound to come on. I will be returning this product which is barely 6 months old. I will not recommend it. The sound is rather jumpy and the tech support is practically non-existent.

Haier TVs Company Profile