Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Haier TVs
1.88/5

Haier TVs

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

94 Haier TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

Bought the 39 inch Haier sometime 2011 and the unit is still working fine. audio and video is awesome and do not have any issues aside from the software update option on its menu. I do understand that devices provided with this are up-gradable and wondered how it can be done. Tried searching some software on Haier's site but found none...anyway who needs an upgrade when it's working fine. I bought this because of the many ports I need. But now I realized that generally the product is great for the price...complaints of this brand not lasting a year I think is circumstantial. It's now 2019 and it is still working fine! A 5 STAR!

Original review: March 14, 2019

We bought our TV almost 3 yrs ago and only problem we have ran into is trying to find a replacement remote for it and it is a 55" Curve. I really love our TV and it is the only one that we have got that hasn't quit on us in 2 months.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I purchased a non-smart 65" 4k approximately 18 months ago. I bought the non-smart because I have never had a completely satisfactory experience with a smart TV. Most are just not that smart or powerful. I paired with an NVIDIA Shield and all content is 4k or upscale to 4k. At the same time, I paid about 60% more for a Sony 49" smart (Android TV). The Haier has consistently provided clearer, brighter picture and sound. The Android TV on the Shield smokes the OS on the Sony. I have communicated with Sony on numerous occasions trying to resolve the OS issues: slow, sometimes no response to remote commands, etc. Never had to call Haier. Next time I buy another Haier and NVIDIA Shield. Save money and get a better experience.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have purchased Haier tv as it was branded as Android smart tv, but I am really disappointed to purchase this tv as it's not smart enough to support the apps. First of all I have installed Youtube, Netflix, Hotstar and Prime Videos. None of these apps are latest (tv is not able to get the latest apps from app store). In Youtube I am not able to personlize/login/reduce or increase the streaming quality. Neflix the remote is not getting aligned with its user interface and it's very hard to use EShare app remote control. Hotstar am not able to get the latest and often it hangs. I checked with Hotstar customer care, they told that they dont have agreement with Haier tv. Prime Videos it just crashes on opening.

I have used Sony/Vizio/Vu tvs which all were supporting this and store representative pursued me to buy this product, offering a better quality / user friendliness. Additionaly being Android tv am not able to add it to my Google home to cast the contents directly. I dont have an option to see the software version of the tv too and none of the customer care people dont know. I connected my Sony sound bar to this TV. The user interface for the same is both complicated, and hardly get proper sound through smart tv. In case of hardware issues their service is better, but in case of software they have to upgrade themselves to the market.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Bought a Smart TV on 26 Jan 2019. I Am facing multiple issues in TV, repaired 7 to 8 times within 3 months, then escalated my issue for replacement of product. I got replaced product after 17 Days, on 17th May after raising complaint on 30th April. Now again I face similar issue in replaced product, that some Video streaming apps are not working, Engineer visited my home today on 21st May & then in his presence TV stopped working completely. This issue I have already faced 3 times in previous product. In 4 months of total time TV is under repairing or replacement process for 3 months. I want Haier to refund my money & keep their product with them. Or give me another product with different model in which I will not face any issue also with extension of product warranty of 4 months. Sumit **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: May 11, 2019

This TV was purchased at Kohl's for a Black Friday sale item. Worked great for 14 months and then very similar to other readers the screen went to various vertical lines with no picture. Never trust a no-name brand. Other reviews have very similar issues and ratings. Unfortunately, we will be purchasing a quality and reputable brand to replace this TV. Very disappointed with Kohl's for peddling garbage and wish I did more research instead of being caught in the moment of a good "deal".

Original review: April 25, 2019

Bought the 55 inch HD 4k 1 year and 3 months ago. Warranty is one year. Sound consistently went in and out then it just quit completely. No sound. No picture. No nothing. I bought a TV at Walmart 12 years ago. Still works perfectly. This is not a good brand. Working with my retailer to see if they can get it fixed.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have just read the reviews from others. Wish I had read them before purchasing 75 in Haier tv. I have only had it since 11-24-2017. It is now April 19-2019. I just paid my last payment on it at my furniture store 4-5-2019. Just turned it on for the day. No picture. Tried the troubleshooting. No picture so here I am without tv. Never never never get a Haier. No tv should burn out this quick especially since it was not played that much. My advice to anyone reading this stay clear of Haier. Bad product. The sound is awesome. It will even allow the channels to be changed but shows no picture at all.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought Haier TV 55" model 55UFC2500b in December 2017 and now in April 2019 display is gone. I have tried and exhausted all my effort with the company to get any sort of help for replacement or repair. Company has not extended any help and flatly refused to help. I WOULD WARN ALL OF YOU TO BE AWARE OF THE FACT AND NOT TO BUY ANY HAIER TV AND WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Date of production 2009, purchased 2010. I use it to follow news when working on my computer. Not the best, but does its job. Couple months ago I noticed that the case is sticky to touch. The whole rubberized case is self-dissolving at the room temperature. Some sort of oily substance comes up to the surface and the surface gets old age wrinkles. This glue like residue can't be cleaned with anything, not soluble in water, alcohol or Ronson fuel. I never seen anything like that, looks pretty scary. I will have to throw it out.

Haier TVs Company Information