Haier TVs
  • 1 star
Based on 62 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Haier TVs

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

72 Haier TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 12, 2015

Moved from one city to another. Had it packed away for at least a month. All of a sudden the sound doesn't work. Why? Of course during the move, I lost the receipt and warranty on the damn thing. Sticking to Samsung for sure next time.

Original review: July 3, 2015

This television screen just goes out and if it's a storm and blinks out, you have to keep unplugging the cords and turning it off and on trying to get a picture.

Original review: May 29, 2015

My wife ordered this 32" Haier tv from QVC for our camper which is a seasonal that we use 6 months out of the year. We got it last summer and it started to have problems a couple months in. I told my wife not to purchase unknown brands from QVC as they are probably junk and overpriced. (We maybe use it 6 hrs each weekend.) The screen goes black and you can still hear the sound (which its internal speakers are horrible anyway, I have it hooked to a headphone jack and to a set of computer speakers and sub woofer setup.) Sometimes you can smack the top of the unit and the light will flicker and come on but it may or may not stay on. We will never purchase another Haier product that's for sure.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I bought this Haier 40 inch tv less than 3 months ago and guess what the picture tube is already gone. I advise no one to buy this brand. The picture was not very great. Please don't buy. You will regret it so I will be going to Samsung.

Original review: May 15, 2015

I came home from a trip and tried to turn on my TV, but got black screen and a static noise sound. I can't get it to work. This wasn't cheap and is supposed to be an up and coming company that makes TV's. I won't buy another one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: March 4, 2015

I purchased a 22" TV with built-in DVD player for my bedroom 12/05/08. You say that's a long time ago and you are right. Guess I should get over it but since losing my job I think about that $300 wasted dollars. At any rate I contacted Haier in June of 2009, I did have a year's warranty. I was told to pack it up and they would send me a pre-paid label, which they did. I boxed up the TV best way I could with lots padding. Original box long gone. Got it to the FedEx place on 6/15/09. Called a couple of days later and they said they had no record. Called 9/3/09 call again Monday not received, called again on 9/3/09 ** (sounds like phone name) had been approved by Manager for refund - should be to me 30-45 days. OK I waited. On 12/19/09 and the 2nd time I spoke with ** she indicated that someone should be calling me within the next few days. Well I'm still waiting. What year is this???? Hey Haier.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2015

I see that my frustration is like those of many. I hate that I even went for the deal instead of the best product around. My Haier does the same thing. Right in the middle of your favorite show... all black. I have to unplug my TV for days before it will even attempt to come on again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

My son bought the T.V. in May 2013. He put a 3 years warranty on it. No one will give me a T.V. I am on disability on C.P.P. I would like a new T.V. It was done in Gibson’s at the Bricks. They will do a thing for me. I would like a T.V., please. My son had the order number as he is going to the Bricks. There is no warranty on the T.V.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I loved this TV because of its lightweight, and thin body. The picture was exceptional, although the sound was less than desired. I talk past tense, because out of the blue, it had an early death. It resurrected momentarily for a day, and then took a dying gasp. Another one I will not get.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

Purchased a 58" Haier LED LCD TV in April of 2014, Worked fine till Nov. 2014. A vertical line about 20" in from the left side of the TV running from top to bottom a sort of greeny blue colour developed in November. Still not a major problem as it was only visible when the TV turned on and there was a white background or when a light background was viewed during a program. It only became an issue when I purchased an upgraded receiver allowing me to view programs in High Def.

Now it was visible pretty much all the time. I called the Brick warranty people. They directed me to Haier America toll free number. I was given an email address to contact and sent a jpg of the line and the purchase invoice. In 4 days they called my cell and gave me authorization to return the TV to the Brick. I called the Brick they had received Haier's authorization and I reselected to a new Haier TV. Incredibly efficient and polite. They even called my cell twice and left messages to confirm I had received their authorization. I wish all manufacturers were as efficient and professional as Haier America.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I was just trying to clean the tv and the stand is so weak that the tv fell on my head. My head was badly hurt and there was a danger of being seriously hurt.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

It takes an 30-45 mins for the picture and sound to come on. I will be returning this product which is barely 6 months old. I will not recommend it. The sound is rather jumpy and the tech support is practically non-existent.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I have had a Haier 40" LED HDTV for a little over a year. A couple months ago I started having intermittent problems where I would turn on my system and the sound would turn on but the screen would remain black. When I turned the TV off, you could see that a light had been on in the background but no video content was projected including the "on" screen that shows the company name. I would turn on and off the TV for a few minutes and it would suddenly work again. This only happened occasionally so I thought nothing of it. After a month it began happening more frequently and taking longer to resolve itself. Now it happens every time I turn the TV on, takes at least 5 minutes to see video, and sometimes the video will work for 10 seconds and turn black again. Unplugging the tv from the wall has not seemed to help either, though I will leave it unplugged for 30-60 seconds. It is really discouraging to have a product go bad like this, especially when it works fine otherwise and is not old at all.

In the mean time, the smaller TV I have had for almost 10 years still works perfectly. I think that is a testament to older products but should also be a clue for current companies: Products that are reliable and will not "crap-out" as soon as the warranty expires will foster trust in the company and consumers will be more likely to buy from that company again. You can be sure that the unreliability of my current TV and knowing there are other brands that will not only have a better product but better customer service as well will be getting my business in the future.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

The sound on this TV is worse than my 1972 transistor radio. I don't care if this is because the screen is flat. A company that sells a product like this should provide better sound than this. I received this as a gift for 20 years of service from my employer. What a cheap gift! I wouldn't buy this product. If a sound bar is needed, it should be provided or at least suggested.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

My TV which is only a year and a half old loses the picture but not the sound. I contacted my cable company who informed me to have Haier reset their remote control. Their service department is located in the Philippines. Their help have heavy accents, and was extremely difficult communicating with them. The only solution they gave me was for me to have a paid service technician fix the problem since they were incapable of doing so.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

The 50" TV I have had barely a month will not come on. I have to wait for a repairman to come check it. You would think a TV that new already having problems, they would just replace it. Never never purchase a Haier.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

48-inch Haier led tv - Bought this tv from Costco in Brossard (Quebec). Very satisfied. Picture is very beautiful. Sound is OK. After three weeks of extensive use, I have no complaint about this product. I surely will recommend this product to anybody I know. Price was $449.99 + eco fee $39.50 = total $488.49.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

My son purchased from Amazon a year and half ago. As of last month he turns on tv picture flashes for a few seconds and it goes dark but still has sound. He reads up on it and it notes if this happens to unplug and replug. This only helps for a while and problem reoccurs. He has to continuously turn tv on/off with remote until it comes on. Too many reviews on the same problem and no one has said Haier has stepped up to the plate to resolve without customer paying price.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I received this tv as a gift from my insurance company, for years of service. The tv sound volume is half what it should be. I called customer service and was told to hook it up to a speaker phone. How could a company put their name on such a defective product? If it says Haier on it DON'T BUY IT!!!!

Original review: July 6, 2014

I purchased a Soundbar from Haier America around Thanksgiving 2012. Upon receipt of the unit, the remote casing was broken off in three places (but still worked). After contacting Haier they stated the entire unit would have to be returned and a new one sent out. I followed their process, and they received my unit on 1/15/2013. On 2/4/13, I called and they said forms need to be filled out and once received then a new unit will be sent. On 2/28/13 another call made and they said the unit is no longer sold and I will have to accept a refund which will arrive in 15-45 days, which I agreed to at that point.

After numerous calls, of which they said it was "in progress", or "issues is being escalated to a supervisor" and if no call back in 24-48 hours, I am to call back. Each time supposedly no supervisor is available to take the call. Well I called back over a dozen times in the span of the next 12 months, finally I yelled and demanded to speak to a supervisor before hanging up. Surprisingly they did so, and the escalation department said they would look into it. Even called me back two times saying they don't have an update, but they are still working on it.

Then... no call for 6 months... An entire 18 months since they received my defective product. And I still have not received my refund, although they have the product I paid for, which I could have at least been using this entire time!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, and I feel they are scammers. I'm out over $200 for this long, and I eventually went out and bought a new soundbar. Whenever I see a Haier product, I laugh and tell anyone looking at the item to run the other way!

Original review: June 19, 2014

I purchased 2 LB32B1120 32" televisions. 13 months after purchasing the first one, I seem to have a problem with the video. You can turn on the TV and see the blue screen so that when you open your PVR, the screen goes totally black. I have tried numerous suggestions to get the video back. Now I know they have this so-called warranty for 12 months. Their only suggestion is they will find a registered dealer for me to bring the TV to. Have no car and no extra funds to pay for repairs. They must have known all about this problem, since there are so many other posts with same problem. They won't do a darn thing which means I may have 2 useless televisions soon.

Original review: May 22, 2014

I have read all these complaints and they all have the same issues concerning their products. I purchased a 58" Haier TV brand new from the Brick at the end of March/14. We set it up and about 1-2 weeks of working it suddenly had a dead pixel. This was replaced this with another - great. We have had this new one for a few weeks and all the sudden we now have several dead pixels and they keep growing. According to the manager (Jennifer) and her manager's manager they both state that this is very normal and acceptable to have these pixels. This will be 3 weeks of us having to call them back for updates. The repair shop, DK Electronic, told us they will NO longer work for Haier due to their conduct - WOW!!! So far Haier feels they don't owe any of their customers apologies or the respect to call them back.

The worse thing is our warranty is still good. Seems they are using this opportunity to shuffle us around till it runs out. Then we will be out of luck - which we will have to pay for ourselves. We have been on the phone for over an hour waiting for an answer from some type of manager!! I paid good money for this TV and expect that there should be no issues with the picture - let alone be told that the spreading of the pixels is normal and acceptable for watching TV!!!! Who would say that??? I have 4 other TV's LG, Samsung, Panasonic and have never been told pixels are to be expected and are normal. Something needs to be done about this issue with Haier Products. The managers are send us around and around now, so we are no further ahead than when we started.

Lastly, we are given an order # and when you call customer service they ask for this #. Why? Not like they use it for pulling up any information on your account, because they never seem to know what the issue is regarding anyways. The executive office manager (Mike) is now said to handle this matter. He now suggested that we wait for another 2 weeks. What must be done - should we drive to the head office with the TV.

Original review: May 4, 2014

Was watching my normal channels and without warning or any other interference screen just goes out. The volume continues you well no static. However screen is not visible. My daughter's 32" (her model is a little older than mine) did the same only she did not have sound. Her solution was to unplug the tv for a few hours and then plug it back in. I have not found a solution for mine yet. I have turned it off and turned back on. My television is just barely one year old.

Original review: March 20, 2014

Splurged on ultra thin, LED flat screen - never heard of Haier at that time, but it was the right size and price. Today, turned it on, the picture popped on, lasted maybe 10 seconds and went black - So much for Haier - Sound remains good though! Just no picture.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2014

I bought a 37" Haier LCD flat screen in 2010. But for the creepy shadow and is on one side that gradually appeared over time, the picture is great, sound is impeccable. The problem is I think this is a factory defect. I shouldn't have to pay for a factory defect. Given the age of the TV, I rather it just go out altogether then to know this problem never went away and it is gradually getting worse. I called customer service who was quick to tell me the unit was out of warranty, duh! I know that, but they didn't even bother to research to see if indeed there was a recall or offer any other solution.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I bought this piece of crap online from Amazon around December 2011. It worked good for the first 3 months. Then it started to have a snowy screen while I was using it for my computer. The snowy grey screen lasted for 3 seconds then it turned blue then black. The power light was still green. I tried to turn it off by the remote. Nothing happened. Then manually press the power button on the crappy TV and nothing happened. So I left it alone for about an hour, tried to turn it off, nothing happened. So finally I unplugged the CRAP then plug back in. Guess what, the light turn green then red. So I was like cool, now I can turn it back on. It came back on, but it started to do the same thing the next day and basically it did it almost everyday until now this CRAP doesn't even work at all. Not even to watch TV. No response from the buttons on the CRAP.

I called and complained to HAIER and they recommend I go see one of their contracted technicians in my area. They gave me the #, I called them. Tech Co, basically said it will cost you $75 for diagnostic plus parts and labor. So I said tell me what I'm looking at out the door. Tech Co said about $120 out the door minimum. I was like "Uh no thank you because I bought this crap Haier for $160 brand new." I decline because their warranty is only good for 90 days. 90 days is all crap Haier is good for before it goes out on you again. No thank you again. Now I know to spend a little bit extra on something like "Samsung, LG, Sharp, etc." Save yourself from disappointment and even though crap sells cheaper than name brand, you get what you pay for in the END. Stay away from their products. You will thank me in the end.

Original review: May 5, 2013

I purchased TV at the Brick in Canada Xmas 2012: I purchased the 3-yr extended warranty also. I set TV up and found I could barely hear volume at 100%. I decided to hook up to my stereo surround; the only A/V port did not work. I tried the component and it also did not work. Finally, I had to go through my satellite box to get proper volume. I hooked the TV up to HD satellite box via HDMI; picture was blurry - it was worse than my 20-yr-old analog TV. I tried to return it. Brick said had to deal with Haier Warranty. I called Haier at least a half dozen times, sent e-mails and even tried their online tech. I received no response from anyone as there is no place that deals with Haier service in Canada which has left me no options, but to put up with a manufactured piece of junk.

All I would like is my money back, so I can purchase a decent TV that has some sort of customer service here in Canada or even someone who will return a call or give me some answers. Is it that hard in this day and age to get what is advertised on a product? I believe there is a strong case for false advertising - the TV does not do what the box it came in says. Please, can you give me any advice on what I can do?

Original review: April 25, 2013

I purchased one of their TVs back in November 2012. The first 10 minutes it rings really loud. I was told by a friend my motherboard is going. It took months for customer service to get back to me. Now it is April, they finally sent a repairman out to replace the motherboard. He said he fixed it. It is worse than ever. Now they are going to send out another person. I just want a new TV!

Original review: March 15, 2013

I bought the TV in February 2012. Six months later, the TV shut off and would not come back on for an hour. It does this consistently. Each time, it takes longer and longer to come back on after it shuts off. This is such an inconvenience. Who has money to buy a new TV every year?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2013

They have the worst TV. If I knew that when we purchased the TV that this brand was the worst possible investment, I would have opted out and gotten the normal brand TV we get. They give you a hard time to get service and the TV is broken more than you can use it. It's always turning off by itself and does not want to turn back on. The service people seem likely to just pass on the phone call. They are not helpful at all. Do not buy anything from this company. Also, people at Service makes you wait for at least 30 minutes when you wish to speak to a supervisor. The TV is trash. I should have looked into consumer reports how their performance was first. Everyone says that their products are trash! The problem, by the way, was that last year three months after purchase, the TV's power supply failed. Now since December, the TV turns off and does not want to turn on, unless you unplug and leave it for 3 hours and when you turn it on, it happens again after 5-15 minutes ... It's more trouble than its worth.

Haier TVs Company Information