1.90/5
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratings

Haier TVs

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

82 Haier TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Do not buy this tv. Total garbage. Sound is tinny and try and change the bass or treble is a joke. Made in India. That should say it all. I received mine as a birthday gift. The giver broke down and cried when we hooked it up and found out it was garbage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I bought this TV probably a year ago. Watching TV all of a sudden it went out. The Standby light keeps on flashing. Won't turn on. No display. I called tech support here in the Philippines and they can't provide any help. I tried to check it on my own and I saw some sparks at the back of the tv. No smell but it's making some weird transforming sound. I turn it upside down and saw another switch. I turn it off then on. Now it's working normal. I'm kinda skeptic if it will happen again. Hope it's just friction. Now I'm scared to turn it back on. It's working fine now but need some recommendation please. The sparking light is from the top of red and black wires.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Purchased HAIER 50" LED HDTV today at Costco in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Beacon Hill branch. I was not familiar with the brand and had a hunch I should go for the LG or Samsung... But the price savings were tempting and the picture quality was only marginally inferior to the comparable and more expensive brands I just mentioned. I never considered sound quality at the store. All the tv's for obvious reasons were on mute.

When I got home and connected up the television, I was totally floored by the poor quality sound. Very tinny and any manipulation through adjustment of the Audio for Bass, Treble etc. was a joke, very very poor. Had I know this product was made in India I would not have bought it. I am returning it to the store and will be happy to pay the extra for a quality product LG or Samsung product. I guess the old adage remains true... You get what you pay for. I was lured by the low price and find myself very dissatisfied with the sound quality of what might otherwise be a marginally acceptable 'big screen' tv experience. If you're thinking of buying this TV, be sure you listen to it... Before you take it from the store.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

I have had this TV two months and it has went out again and now it has to be fixed again. That sucks Canon's should replace this TV.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

Very upset. Bought 32" TV year ago, worked OK then when I turned off TV will not come back on without having to unplug and plug back in half of the day then maybe come back on. Single father and don't have money to just go and buy TVs every year. All I can say is JUNK JUNK JUNK. DO NOT BUY A HAIER. Just another fine quality product from China. How do I tell daughters there won't be no TV until Christmas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I bought this television about a year ago and the sound apparently is gone on it now and I may have to replace it soon. This is a great inconvenience and expense for a person living on fix income.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

6 months old Haier TV just shut itself off and will not power back on. After reading other reviews now I can see I should have been to this website before I purchased. I got it cheap, so chalk it up to lesson learned. Spend a little more for a better-known brand next time. I'll try customer service but not too hopeful for any solution.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

2 year old 32 inch led tv. Loses picture and sound. Haier has no repair for this. I have owned other Haier products. Will steer clear of anything the Haier name on it in the future. They are not willing to lick their own wounds.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I purchased this television from a Fry's electronics about a year or two ago and I barely used to use it. I've been gaming since last October a lil more often and as of August 1 the screen just completely blacks out. I've unplugged it, plugged it into different sockets. I always clean it. It's in a cozy place also. My room is always 75 and under. I work so it's not in use during day. I come home and game maybe 2/3 hours, turn off, sleep. Wake up, turn on maybe 45/1hr 30 mins before I go to work. I turn it off always.

Original review: July 29, 2015

Purchased the TV in October 2014 from hhgregg and having problems with the sound already. It goes in and out. Never again will I purchase an off-brand TV. Lesson learned.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Moved from one city to another. Had it packed away for at least a month. All of a sudden the sound doesn't work. Why? Of course during the move, I lost the receipt and warranty on the damn thing. Sticking to Samsung for sure next time.

Original review: July 3, 2015

This television screen just goes out and if it's a storm and blinks out, you have to keep unplugging the cords and turning it off and on trying to get a picture.

Original review: May 29, 2015

My wife ordered this 32" Haier tv from QVC for our camper which is a seasonal that we use 6 months out of the year. We got it last summer and it started to have problems a couple months in. I told my wife not to purchase unknown brands from QVC as they are probably junk and overpriced. (We maybe use it 6 hrs each weekend.) The screen goes black and you can still hear the sound (which its internal speakers are horrible anyway, I have it hooked to a headphone jack and to a set of computer speakers and sub woofer setup.) Sometimes you can smack the top of the unit and the light will flicker and come on but it may or may not stay on. We will never purchase another Haier product that's for sure.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I bought this Haier 40 inch tv less than 3 months ago and guess what the picture tube is already gone. I advise no one to buy this brand. The picture was not very great. Please don't buy. You will regret it so I will be going to Samsung.

Original review: May 15, 2015

I came home from a trip and tried to turn on my TV, but got black screen and a static noise sound. I can't get it to work. This wasn't cheap and is supposed to be an up and coming company that makes TV's. I won't buy another one.

Original review: March 4, 2015

I purchased a 22" TV with built-in DVD player for my bedroom 12/05/08. You say that's a long time ago and you are right. Guess I should get over it but since losing my job I think about that $300 wasted dollars. At any rate I contacted Haier in June of 2009, I did have a year's warranty. I was told to pack it up and they would send me a pre-paid label, which they did. I boxed up the TV best way I could with lots padding. Original box long gone. Got it to the FedEx place on 6/15/09. Called a couple of days later and they said they had no record. Called 9/3/09 call again Monday not received, called again on 9/3/09 ** (sounds like phone name) had been approved by Manager for refund - should be to me 30-45 days. OK I waited. On 12/19/09 and the 2nd time I spoke with ** she indicated that someone should be calling me within the next few days. Well I'm still waiting. What year is this???? Hey Haier.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2015

I see that my frustration is like those of many. I hate that I even went for the deal instead of the best product around. My Haier does the same thing. Right in the middle of your favorite show... all black. I have to unplug my TV for days before it will even attempt to come on again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

My son bought the T.V. in May 2013. He put a 3 years warranty on it. No one will give me a T.V. I am on disability on C.P.P. I would like a new T.V. It was done in Gibson’s at the Bricks. They will do a thing for me. I would like a T.V., please. My son had the order number as he is going to the Bricks. There is no warranty on the T.V.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I loved this TV because of its lightweight, and thin body. The picture was exceptional, although the sound was less than desired. I talk past tense, because out of the blue, it had an early death. It resurrected momentarily for a day, and then took a dying gasp. Another one I will not get.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

Purchased a 58" Haier LED LCD TV in April of 2014, Worked fine till Nov. 2014. A vertical line about 20" in from the left side of the TV running from top to bottom a sort of greeny blue colour developed in November. Still not a major problem as it was only visible when the TV turned on and there was a white background or when a light background was viewed during a program. It only became an issue when I purchased an upgraded receiver allowing me to view programs in High Def.

Now it was visible pretty much all the time. I called the Brick warranty people. They directed me to Haier America toll free number. I was given an email address to contact and sent a jpg of the line and the purchase invoice. In 4 days they called my cell and gave me authorization to return the TV to the Brick. I called the Brick they had received Haier's authorization and I reselected to a new Haier TV. Incredibly efficient and polite. They even called my cell twice and left messages to confirm I had received their authorization. I wish all manufacturers were as efficient and professional as Haier America.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I was just trying to clean the tv and the stand is so weak that the tv fell on my head. My head was badly hurt and there was a danger of being seriously hurt.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

It takes an 30-45 mins for the picture and sound to come on. I will be returning this product which is barely 6 months old. I will not recommend it. The sound is rather jumpy and the tech support is practically non-existent.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

I have had a Haier 40" LED HDTV for a little over a year. A couple months ago I started having intermittent problems where I would turn on my system and the sound would turn on but the screen would remain black. When I turned the TV off, you could see that a light had been on in the background but no video content was projected including the "on" screen that shows the company name. I would turn on and off the TV for a few minutes and it would suddenly work again. This only happened occasionally so I thought nothing of it. After a month it began happening more frequently and taking longer to resolve itself. Now it happens every time I turn the TV on, takes at least 5 minutes to see video, and sometimes the video will work for 10 seconds and turn black again. Unplugging the tv from the wall has not seemed to help either, though I will leave it unplugged for 30-60 seconds. It is really discouraging to have a product go bad like this, especially when it works fine otherwise and is not old at all.

In the mean time, the smaller TV I have had for almost 10 years still works perfectly. I think that is a testament to older products but should also be a clue for current companies: Products that are reliable and will not "crap-out" as soon as the warranty expires will foster trust in the company and consumers will be more likely to buy from that company again. You can be sure that the unreliability of my current TV and knowing there are other brands that will not only have a better product but better customer service as well will be getting my business in the future.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

The sound on this TV is worse than my 1972 transistor radio. I don't care if this is because the screen is flat. A company that sells a product like this should provide better sound than this. I received this as a gift for 20 years of service from my employer. What a cheap gift! I wouldn't buy this product. If a sound bar is needed, it should be provided or at least suggested.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

My TV which is only a year and a half old loses the picture but not the sound. I contacted my cable company who informed me to have Haier reset their remote control. Their service department is located in the Philippines. Their help have heavy accents, and was extremely difficult communicating with them. The only solution they gave me was for me to have a paid service technician fix the problem since they were incapable of doing so.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

The 50" TV I have had barely a month will not come on. I have to wait for a repairman to come check it. You would think a TV that new already having problems, they would just replace it. Never never purchase a Haier.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

48-inch Haier led tv - Bought this tv from Costco in Brossard (Quebec). Very satisfied. Picture is very beautiful. Sound is OK. After three weeks of extensive use, I have no complaint about this product. I surely will recommend this product to anybody I know. Price was $449.99 + eco fee $39.50 = total $488.49.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

My son purchased from Amazon a year and half ago. As of last month he turns on tv picture flashes for a few seconds and it goes dark but still has sound. He reads up on it and it notes if this happens to unplug and replug. This only helps for a while and problem reoccurs. He has to continuously turn tv on/off with remote until it comes on. Too many reviews on the same problem and no one has said Haier has stepped up to the plate to resolve without customer paying price.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I received this tv as a gift from my insurance company, for years of service. The tv sound volume is half what it should be. I called customer service and was told to hook it up to a speaker phone. How could a company put their name on such a defective product? If it says Haier on it DON'T BUY IT!!!!

Original review: July 6, 2014

I purchased a Soundbar from Haier America around Thanksgiving 2012. Upon receipt of the unit, the remote casing was broken off in three places (but still worked). After contacting Haier they stated the entire unit would have to be returned and a new one sent out. I followed their process, and they received my unit on 1/15/2013. On 2/4/13, I called and they said forms need to be filled out and once received then a new unit will be sent. On 2/28/13 another call made and they said the unit is no longer sold and I will have to accept a refund which will arrive in 15-45 days, which I agreed to at that point.

After numerous calls, of which they said it was "in progress", or "issues is being escalated to a supervisor" and if no call back in 24-48 hours, I am to call back. Each time supposedly no supervisor is available to take the call. Well I called back over a dozen times in the span of the next 12 months, finally I yelled and demanded to speak to a supervisor before hanging up. Surprisingly they did so, and the escalation department said they would look into it. Even called me back two times saying they don't have an update, but they are still working on it.

Then... no call for 6 months... An entire 18 months since they received my defective product. And I still have not received my refund, although they have the product I paid for, which I could have at least been using this entire time!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, and I feel they are scammers. I'm out over $200 for this long, and I eventually went out and bought a new soundbar. Whenever I see a Haier product, I laugh and tell anyone looking at the item to run the other way!

Haier TVs Company Information