Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Haier Appliances
3.44/5

Haier Appliances

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Appliances Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

DO NOT BUY... Period. There is no support for this company and the products are substandard. I called to get some clarity on the information in the users manual, there’s told me the manual was a misprint. This is fraud in my book. Consumer affairs will be my next step.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I didn’t want to have to resort to posting on such a public forum but I have had no choice but to do so! I purchased a Haier machine in April 2018 and 6 weeks later I had issues with the machine, where it was overflowing with water 4 times in total which caused watermarks to my carpet. I had a Fisher and Paykel approved technician who came out and had a look and completed a repair and left. The machine continued to overflow again and the technician was out again and in his report said that the sensor that monitors the water level was faulty and he suggested a full machine replacement. In August last year it was replaced with a like for like (the same machine) about 8 months passed when number 1 issue on the 2nd Haier unit happened where the spin cycle would shake the unit vigorously as per video. The technician was out again and replaced the barrel inside as this was not balancing (again manufacturing issue).

3 weeks later issue number 2 on the 2nd Haier unit happened and the machine wouldn’t drain the water. The tech was out again and replaced the water pump, again manufacturing issue. Another 3 weeks passed and issue number 3 on the 2nd Haier unit happened where the spin was again like how it is in the video. The tech arrived again and replaced the shocks. 2 weeks later we arrive at issue number 4 on 2nd Haier unit occurred as you can see below .... vigorous spin. The tech just arrived and told me he has already replaced all parts therefore he is going to put in his report and request for a brand new 3rd unit to be replaced!!! All throughout this entire journey I have spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with numerous staff members who have promised the world and promised to call me back and they never did, only Aleni who is awesome. You should have more of him! I am always having to call to follow it up.

Every time I have booked a technician I have waited for 1 to 2 weeks for an appointment to be seen and without a washing machine for weeks on end maybe even months as waiting for parts and appointments. I have been given a $100 countdown voucher for the “inconvenience” and over a year later I’m still waiting for my carpets to be cleaned as a result of issue 1 machine 1! This is shocking! The manager Sue never calls me. She avoids me, I have spent an hour explaining my situation every time I call. As we know Haier brought fisher and Paykel and due to all these issues and me having no trust in this brand I have asked them to replace me with a fisher and Paykel branded machine but they refuse to, they told me I have to buy a brand new fisher and Paykel machine as their policy is like for like ...

Do not get me wrong. I don’t care that Haier is cheaper than a fisher and Paykel machine and I would be happy to have the Haier if only it worked but it doesn’t ... so I’m purchasing a new machine as we speak ... Fisher and Paykel off my own back and I will fight this all the way. Please be mindful. I have had 6 tech visits = $115 each visit total: $690 plus 2 replacement machines $1096 plus Countdown voucher $100. Carpet clean from overflowing of water $120. Hours upon hours of time on phone with your staff = cost of wages with a total cost to the company of $2106 plus wages for staff talking to me.

Cost of Haier unit that I have, today’s price $548. Cost of replacement unit from fisher and Paykel is $939 plus delivery $85 = $1024 the difference between the two prices is $476 so that means over a price difference of $476 the company has spent $2106 plus wages on arguing the point of replacement ... ahhh come on already any primary school child would be able to work the maths out on this one! I hope this post reaches the powers above whom will agree if they have common sense!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought a Haier model 2.5 ton air conditioner in July 2017. The compressor went out in August 2019 which is covered under warranty. The labor ($632) is not covered. I do not believe that a compressor should go out after just 2 short years. Haier disagrees. They will happily replace the part but I must pay for the labor.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Not at all acceptable service from a brand. One of your engineer during installation broke the water tape which is near to geyser and due to that water is dripping from the wall and now that guy is saying, "I am not responsible"...Thank you very much for your this disgusting service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

DON’T BUY THIS FRIDGE! I’ve had issues with this fridge since the day I bought it. I’ve had to call the company 7 times and had the company come and fix it twice because of screws falling out and all the noise it makes. It’s been such a headache. I give it NO STARS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I am writing regards to the warranty and replacement of my fridge. I have started contact for my fridge in the month of March. No one contacted me. I sent another EMAIL in the month of April. No one contacted me again. In the month of JUNE I went back to Harvey Norman. Then they organise, someone will come and have a look. A person came and said it need to replace. We got email and got the options to choose fridge. We choose one option from those but it says us to pay 300$. The fridge which we are getting is not that price. 10 times I called for this. Every time I called they said, “We will call you back.” Manager is not on duty. After 2 weeks finally able to talk with someone. I paid the amount. And next day got a call she book the delivery for 9 Aug and morning time.

Waiting till 12pm. No one called. Again I called them to check. They said, “We will call you back.” 2.40 pm I again called. She said, “Will call you back.” 5.35 I again called back and they said the department is closed. I can’t check, can’t tell. I said I am just asking one question since morning when my fridge is coming. Then she said it’s not delivery booked. I was so upset. Waste my whole day. Took day off for this. And they are not at all contacting. Then they called for the first time on Monday morning and said can deliver the fridge on Thursday 11am. We were like that’s good finally this thing is going to sort out but not.

As today is Thursday 9am. She said calling from Fisher and Paykel when you want to book delivery. I took day off again today for this. And now they said when you want. Worst customer service of the company. They promise for call back but never. They promise delivery date and do not. How they keep changing. Lost my 2 days salary. Very unhappy

Original review: July 27, 2019

Consumer reports said Haier was a great refrigerator, but in 40 years it was the worst brand we ever owned. We purchased it from the "blue" home improvement warehouse. The freezer kept filling up with ice and the fridge would reach room temperature, probably because the vents from the freezer would block from ice. This was supposedly a de-icing freezer but we never saw that feature work properly.

Over the course of 4 months the "blue" home improvement warehouse forced us to swap Haier fridges 5 times before they finally issued a refund. We knew the appliance installers' names on a first name basis, where their kids went to school, who's birthday was that week. It was pathetic. We bought a Whirlpool fridge and 8 years later never regretted it. Haier was a major Consumer Reports FAIL and we never bought the subscription again.

Original review: July 25, 2019

We purchased a new Haier stove, model HCR2250AES in March 2019. In early May, the knob for the back right burner fell off. I called Haier as the stove was under warranty and a technician from Public Electric came to look at it. He said he would order the part, which would take 10 to 12 days. It is now July 25 and the stove is still not repaired, despite repeated phone calls to both Haier and Public Electric. Basically, there are two complaints here. The first is that the stove broke so soon after purchase. However, that sometimes will happen. The more serious complaint is that the repair has taken so long.

Original review: July 16, 2019

It's not very complicated and it's not high retail microwave. Good for quick dishes, has 700 Watts, comfortable for me. It's really easy to clean, very compact. It has the different buttons for a particular items like potato, pop punk Pizza, frozen dinner reheat or beverage that you can use quickly.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased a Haier 14,000 BTU air-conditioner (HPF-14XCM-B) at the beginning of Summer 2017 for around $500. When we started it up in Summer 2018 it began to cut out occasionally and eventually died. I called Haier Canada and was told that it would be about a week before anyone would get back to me. I waited in the phone until I got a verbal assurance that they would honour the warranty even if it was after the year. I had a lot of problems getting through to them with exchanging voicemails and their phone system dropping my calls (!) but they eventually agreed to refund me, but, once my warranty was up, informed me they had run into problems because it was manufactured in the USA (but I bought it at Best Buy Canada) so I would have to contact Haier USA. By then the warranty was up. They would not even contact Haier USA and explain the situation for me.

Haier Appliances Company Information