Haier Appliances
1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 89 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Haier Appliances

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

117 Haier Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I really appreciate the work of your Thane branch engg Mr.Raghu ** services engg, he comes for installation of refrigerator after his working hours also over and he really help us. Thank you so much Haier for your help and for a lovely product.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased this product at Lowe's in March, it quit working in September. Lowe's does not service this brand, which they do not tell you up front when purchasing this product. Haier has been out to service the unit multiple times, parts have been replaced (which after being ordered took two weeks to arrive), and despite all the issues the company tells me they don't replace units, just continue to repair them. I would advise anyone considering purchasing a fridge by Haier to NOT do it. You'll lose lots of food, time, and end up with endless aggravation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a Haier stovetop hood, the control pad is placed right where the oil and grease is directed out of the kitchen. By designing that way, the contacts quickly become contaminated, and no longer respond. I called Haier a number of times, they refused to help in any way. I even ask if they just send me another switch, I'd pay to have it installed myself, they refused. I would never buy a Haier again, and I strong urge others not to buy from them. They are there to sell, and after that, you no longer want anything to do with you. I'd definitely stay away from anything Haier.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am purchase a smart tv U5000A. But sound Quality not good. When I up my tv volume more than 25 then it was horrible sound. That tv was not smart. It's a garbage. When I was complain this issue shopkeeper and service person told me, "You should purchase a music system with this." What the ** answer. Why I am purchase. It's was a big mistake in my life. I humbly request every person in India don't purchase this product...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a Haier 5.0 cu deep freeze from Walmart, I'm thinking that's my first mistake. I didn't have it for 9 months and the compressor took a crap. I contacted Walmart first considering that's where I had bought it, they suggested to call Haier. I called Haier and the lady that took my information was extremely nice and apologetic. I talked to and emailed several people after this, yes emailed... The case manager never answers the phone and you cant leave messages often because the voicemail is full.

I was then informed they don't call back considering it's an incoming call center. Really, WOW!!... So I got my pictures of what I could take that was already in the trash. I didn't take pictures of everything because it smelled so bad! I sent all my pictures, receipts, costs of food I lost, etc. I lost over $500 worth of food. They reimbursed me the cost of the piece of crap unit and $210 in food. That was unacceptable but because I didn't inventory everything in there and prove it was in there that's all they could do for me. I did also learn that Haier is a GE product, so I will NEVER buy a Haier product again and knowing GE is a subsidiary of this company, I wont be doing any freezers by them either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

First you buy an expensive electronic from a "trusted" company, which is going to last many year. Then you realize that this refrigerator only has a working light-bulb and not cooling the food. While all the food rots inside, the company sends repairman after many days. Repairman makes temporary fix, so we need to call Haier within a few days and they send the repairman after many more days. This cycle has been going on since the first week when we bought this expensive junk.

Not only has the company not refunded us but they insist on us eating food from this fungus infested box of metal. Which raises concerns of responsible authorities who are either corrupt or not receiving the information about such criminal behavior. The matter needs to be resolved at the soonest, not more than 24 hours, as the longer we take, the more we will suffer and in the end you will find a dead family of humans who believed the company Haier and trusted the Indian system for the best quality of life.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator online on July 22nd and it was delivered on July 26th, it broke down a week later, called for service, repairman came out and determined that the compressor was bad. I called and told them that I did not want that refrigerator and requested a replacement, well that had to decide if they would replace it. Almost 2 weeks later they said they would replace it. Called back a week later to find out why I had not heard anything only to find out the order had been cancelled and they would be returning my money, as of this date I'm still waiting for them to pick up the refrigerator and give me my money back. This experience has been horrendous and totally unacceptable. When they cancelled the replacement refrigerator as it was out of stock, I was never notified. Nor did they offer a substitute. I would never buy another GE or Haier product ever again and I have instructed my friends and family likewise.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Haier range arrived too damaged to use. I contacted Customer Service who reviewed the pictures they requested and eventually settled upon offering me $50.00 for a range that I purchased for $1,435.00 without a replacement range. It seems this is a criminal matter. The retail store which I purchased the range from, eventually honored the purchase. This is not how companies in the U.S. operate. Shame on Haier and their company policies. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought an awesome GE refrigerator that arrived with a dented door. The GE repair man ordered the door from Haier Appliances Parts LLC which did not arrive the day he came to do the repair, so he ordered a second door. I then had 2 big boxes with the doors sitting in my living room. He came switched my door, then I had to contact Haier to find out how to return the new and old doors to them. I was told which company was going to do the pick up and when I asked, they had no confirmation number or a date when the pick up would happen. I was told to just wait for the call. Several days after no call, I called again. I was given the same information and no date as to when the doors would be picked up. I just had to wait for the company to contact me to schedule the pick up.

A week later, the doors are still sitting in my living room so I called again. Received the same information but this time was told that the doors would be picked up on a Wednesday and that I could leave them at the front door and they would be picked up. I come back home Wednesday evening to find the doors sitting at front of my door. Leave them there all night and half of Thursday. No pick up.

I called Haier again and I am first told that they have made three attempts to pick up the doors, which is not true as evidenced by the phone clerk telling me that the pick up company had the wrong phone number (provided by Haier) and for that reason have not been able to contact me to schedule the pick up. This time I was given a tracking number for the pick up and a phone number to call the pick up company... So as you can see, the "no hassle returns" was not the experience that I had. I dragged the boxes back inside. This return has been a big hassle and I will have to admire these two large boxes for another 3 days before they are picked up.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Got a great price on a Haier washer and dryer set at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Worst thing I could have ever done. Looked up reviews before buying and had great reviews at the time. Now all I see online is complaints of their product, but especially the service. I can wholly relate now... I call warranty repair 2 weeks ago, they sent out Gabe's Appliance Repair. Repairman comes out without proper replacement parts! I had company coming and there were 10 of us with no washer for towels, etc. It has been two weeks and I just called a few minutes ago and get the same or prewritten nonsense from a foreign call center that basically knows nothing!!! I ask when my repair will be done and she called the repair center. I found out after 2 weeks they still haven't received the wiring harness that was in stock at Haier!!!

So now I am told to wait for their call when they get the part with no idea why the part was not shipped 2 weeks ago and if or when it will be shipped! Do not buy Haier and they are not made in America. They are Chinese crap that at one time was owned by a German company for a while but now is wholly Chinese. I have never had these problems with my Whirlpool or Kenmore. I know the stuff made today is crap, but this goes to a whole new level of low. Spend the few extra dollars for a product that actually cares about service in a timely manner. How I wish I had done more research. The most frustrating is the "could care less attitude of the Haier help line". They are polite, but worthless…

Original review: March 13, 2017

Purchased a Haier microwave in December 2015. It stopped working in February of 2016. Haier said warranty had expired. Previous GE microwave lasted 15 years. Haier didn't last 15 months. Will never purchase another Haier product. Ever!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Paid 1200 for a Haier fridge freezer. Looked great. Stopped working after 13 months. Got warm instead of cold. Had taken out an extended warranty. 9 months later still trying to get the fridge fixed. The company have come up with numerous excuses all of which are not varied. I've been shoved from pillar to post. Basically they take your money and then don't give a damn. They are a disgusting company and all I can say to anyone thing of buying a product from this company DON'T. They are total rip offs. They are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They do not deserve to be in business ripping off customers the way they do. DON'T buy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The thermal fuse failed in my dryer after three years. I tested it with a multi-meter, so I know it went bad. Part number for the fuse is WD-3050-01. I removed it after much work (it's almost inaccessible). The Haier America website says the replacement part is WD-7350-015. That part arrived yesterday. But it's much smaller. In particular, the wings for the two attachment screws are almost an inch closer than the original. No specs to indicate this on the website.

I called the number given at www.haieramerica.com/support and spoke to Lina (agent id: **). She said Haier could not answer my question: "How do I attach the replacement thermal fuse to my dryer?" She said I'd have to get a local technician to answer it, presumably for a fee. First, a part failed after three years that should have lasted the life of the appliance. And secondly, Haier couldn't answer a question that is likely common if this part has failed as many times as I think, assuming others have had the same experience. So the part failed and they don't stand behind the replacement part. Conclusion: no more Haier products for me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I bought a Haier refrigerator for the breakroom at my shop on May 1, 2016. On November 25, 2016 the refrigerator stopped cooling. I submitted a repair request and was then told I'm out of luck because the item is being used in a business. That refrigerator gets used much, much less than if it were at my home. We are a small, 4 person business. We can't afford to replace a $350 refrigerator every 7 months. I contacted a local repair shop who quoted me $150-200 to fix the darn thing. And he recommended we trash the Haier and buy a reliable brand, which in his experience, Haier is not. I'm very upset at myself. I read all the bad reviews before buying the Haier but thought I would be the lucky one and not get a piece of junk.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have bought Haier water heater on 17 Nov 2016 and it get damaged on 20 Nov 2016 and service center person and customer care person not giving proper answer to replace the product. I have submitted bill and warranty card. Still no response. Haier products are not good - their quality is worst in world. I suggest not to buy Haier product in life. Haier people are so careless they don't know about safety.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I bought a refrigerator HA10TG31SW on Feb. 29 of 2016 that went out in June 2016. The manufacturer is Haier. I called service at 1-888-775-6937. I explain to them that the refrigerator went out, was not cooling at all. They said because it was sitting on the front porch, even though the porch was covered, the refrigerator was exposed to cold and hot weather and that the warranty was void. The first week of March was when the refrigerator was first used. Temperature average (Highs/Lows): March 64/38, Apr 73/47, May 79/57, June 87/65 taken from US Climate Data. In other words we had a mild temperature for the time the refrigerator was working. In my opinion this should in no way cause this refrigerator to go out. This was just a way to get out of repairing the refrigerator is under warranty.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I spent 550 dollars on my last unit that I purchased through Fingerhut. Well anyways it lasted about 1 week over the 1-year marker and now I am on unit 2 by them. I paid 360 dollars for it at Walmart in Manchester. This one made it 1 month over 1 year and never really cooled my rooms to begin with so that's almost 1 grand gone in awful ACs. I am a single mom on disability. I can't afford this mess this company has given me. It isn't right. So now that I have to go school shopping and now I need another damn AC that should have lasted at least 5 years.

I mean what has this world come to messed up companies stealing peoples money for their broken crap. I mean come on. Really. I know I can't afford this. Someone else maybe but that's not the point. Point is stop screwing people over and fix your merchandise or at least refund those that did buy these pos's. I have both units. If they want them back I will gladly send them back. They're big, huge, worthless paperweights. Ask for pictures of the paperweights and I will gladly give them. One is a 8000 btu and one is 12000 btu - both made by these guys.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this manufacturer!! I bought a fridge and after 5 months stop working. THEY DENIED returning my money and told me to take the fridge to their shop. I am a woman. How I am suppose to carry a fridge left and right??? So I need to pay someone / arrange people to help me with this. So inconvenient and doesn't worth my money and time.

Original review: July 20, 2016

This is to bring to your kind notice that the product (Haier t.v.) doesn't work and it is not up to the expectations. I am disappointed and to inform you that it is the third time that I have had to complaint this month. I would like to inform you that I bought the product from your company (Haier), from Atlas India shop, Jaipur, Rajasthan on 24/10/2014. I must inform you that I carefully followed all the instructions for use.

You may rectify these errors but we cannot tolerate this in future. This product did not perform satisfactorily and after a weeks time I decide to return the product to your company and complaint about it for repairing. When I spoke to one of your company representative by phone I was informed him that your product is not working properly although as it is in warranty or all the information about product so he said about the charges in which my t.v. is in warranty so what's the charges is? Is totally worthless or unexpected.

Few days later when I needed to use it, the product is completely useless and not started. And not it's a first time while I am facing this problem, it was happened with me almost so many times. Then I call to your customer service department and told them about my problems. As my product is in warranty so asking for replacement or repairing and expected to be contacted by them, I have still not had any response and I am decided to write my complaint from consumer court and I'm really very disappointed with this Haier product. It's totally worthless. I expected to take action against my complaint otherwise I'm not responsible for it or take some other actions against your product.

Here the product detail is: Product name - Haier t.v.; Company or shop name - Atlas India; Model no. - Le32v600; serial no. - dh1t40mO611d2e9cO569. Date of purchasing - 24/10/2014. I am really not satisfied with your products. I would be grateful if you could send someone for repairing or send a replacement or refund my postage or amount. I would like a quick solution for my problem and amount immediately or repair my t.v. or choose any other option so that I may remain a customer of your company in the future.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Purchased a $700 wine cooler Haier refrigerator and the nightmare began. The door did not seal properly and was not level on the top. After removing the door I discovered that the factory drilled holes for the top mounting hardware (top right of door) were not drilled correctly. They were drilled off line and incorrectly during the manufacturing process and not in the right position. This caused the hardware to mount improperly and the door to sit out of level.

I switched the door to the left side mounting holes and fortunately the holes on the top left of the unit were drilled in the right position during the manufacturing process. Also, with absolutely no assistance and support from customer service. I called customer service 3 times and not one representative that answered the phone could understand or assist with the problem.

Furthermore I was promised a callback in response to emails with pictures that I sent and not one company representative bothered to respond. Your call center named Haier America is far from anything that personifies America and quality and values. 3 call center reps that I spoke with are being paid to answer phones and provide support and they all failed miserably. So you have lost a customer forever and trust me I will never, ever purchase another Haier product.

One would think that Haier would want to build their business by expanding their customer base. I finally reached executive relations and they deemed the wine cooler to be defective and requested that I haul this refrigerator back to Lowe's Home centers to try and get a replacement. This is unacceptable. I no longer own a pickup truck and I have no means to haul this heavy cooler back to the store. They will not budge on their nonsolution so I am screwed. Never Again!!!

Original review: March 8, 2016

Their products are very bad and their service is worse. I bought a Geyser in Sept 2015 and started using it in Dec 2015. After using it for a month, the element had to be changed. After using it for another month, now the sensor needs to be changed. I don't have the time to keep getting things fixed 'changed' every month. I have been calling your Customer Care and they are very unprofessional. They have the audacity to hang up on customers! I have been calling for the past 1 month and have received no response yet. I have been running from pillar-to-post and it's of no use. I wish I had listened to people when they had advised me against Haier. No wonder people refrain from Chinese companies. They have no standard and quality for them is an alien word. Considering how bad and unethical their service is, I now don't want a placement. I want a refund.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

My Name Is VINOTH, I'm From Chennai. Last 8 year back, I buy Haier washing machine. There is no any problem but 19/11/2015, I have problem, washing machine not working. I call Haier customer care, they say technical person comes on 24 hours but there is none responsible. And I call day after day, 29/11/2015 no responsible technical person. Please friends don't buy any Haier product. This is worst company, worst customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Haier Double Door Refrigerator. Worst product ever. Never Recommend to anyone. Bought Haier refrigerator in the month of May 2015. Today, I have filed complaint for third time. The engineers are not able to fix the problem till date and company is not even willing to provide the replacement of the product.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

I bought a Haier refrigerator in 2010, that has always had faulty seals that I've been gluing back into the slots for years. Secondly, I should have known better, when I purchased the Haier HWF05XCP-L 5,000-BTU Mechanical Window Air Conditioner less than one year ago. It now spits out a gooey, watery substance. I live in a city where the temperature reaches 120 degrees, no joke! Now I'm without air conditioning. It is now 114 degrees outside as I'm writing this. Haier should stop making appliances!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

I purchased my Brada washer January 2014. I have used it for a year and a half and it will not spin. Can hear it trying to catch but it can't. I am assuming either a transmission issue or gear. Service call is set for Friday and already out $100.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

The compressor was installed incorrectly at the factory. After running for 3 months it broke with a freezer full of meat, pork, chicken and other things. Haier is impossible to work with and we will have to wait 7 weeks to get a part. I just want my money back, compensated for my lost food, and forget that I was ever dumb enough to buy this product. We have been accused of lying, buying a remanufactured freezer, and other things by this company. We have provided proof of everything but it just isn't good enough for this company.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

After 2 years of H*LL with my 4-yr old Haier refrigerator, (freezer cold, refrig too warm, fan doesn't run as often as it should - seems to be a common denominator of Haier refrigerators!!) I broke down & called my town's oldest & most reputable appliance sales/repair center. They said "NEVER buy Haier! These 'economy' brands are not build for longevity!!" Seriously??? I have $50 shoes that have lasted far longer than this hunk of junk! Not only will my reputable sales/repair center NOT SELL Haier, they will NOT service it. Apparently there is too much aggravation to get replacement parts, etc!

Nice job Haier! BITE ME! (It seems like the only time my fridge is happy is when the A/C is on! WTH?? It needs HELP to stay cool?? Never again, Haier! And don't count on me ever to talk nice to anyone about you & I HAVE A BIG MOUTH when I am unhappy & boy am I unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Original review: July 31, 2015

I purchased a new Haier refrigerator July 2014 (The original refrigerator delivered need to be replaced immediately because of broken light that could not be repaired). In July 2015 the refrigerator stopped cooling. Haier sent out contractor twice and they have done various "fixes" over a two week period but, the refrigerator will be 59 degrees one day than 39 degrees the next. When I called Haier customer services they would not let me talk to a manager as requested. I need to send them a picture of the temperature. This is my first purchase of a Haier product but most likely my last. I have had other makes of refrigerators that lasted 20 years without needing a repair.

Original review: July 28, 2015

The air conditioning unit at my parents' home went out. We got this unit about 5 yrs ago. We have a 10-yr warranty. My dad has contacted this company, @HaierAmerica, several times and they WERE able to pull up his warranty AND serial # but will not fix unit without him providing a receipt from 5 yrs ago! Besides getting a lawyer and contacting the Better Business Bureau, and writing a review, what are my options?

Original review: June 25, 2015

Haier, who has a very bad reputation, also makes appliances which it sells under other labels. Our Aficionado wine cooler lasted less than three years. Repairs were going to cost around $400.00, with a projected life of 2-3 more years. I was informed by the technician that the cooler was a Haier under a different name (I would never have purchased it, having known that). Lesson learned: if you don't know the brand, ask a technician who the manufacturer is. I'm now looking at name brand coolers, but will talk to a technician anyway, just to be sure.

Haier Appliances Company Information