Protect What Matters Most

3. Appliances

Haier Appliances

Haier Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Appliances Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Purchased Haier HRF-336IDB Refrigerator in Pakistan. Its Temp Set function found out of order. Freezer Zone Temp was showing -18oC since it was unpacked and turned on and was not changing, even after 24 hrs. In addition, Fridge Zone Temperature was changing from nos. 1-7 but not setting/locking on desired no. Launched complaint, technical support came and said straight away that Freezer Zone Temp does not change at all.

Moreover, Fridge Zone Temperature will change as soon as its internal Temperature becomes warm or cool. I presented them its user manual and asked to point out all those statements, which you just said regarding setting Fridge and Freezer Zone Temperatures manually. He had no answer and again re iterated above-mentioned pathetic illiterate response. Bought him a hot glass of water to put those inside fridge and freezer zone sensors in it. He did the same repeatedly and the temperatures did not change. At last, their technical support accepted that the item is faulty.

I returned the refrigerator directly to Haier Pakistan and took my money back with the help of a reference there, otherwise, they do not have any money back guarantee/policy and they do not take back their pathetic, third class Chinese, faulty products, even if you give it back for free. Never buy Haier products, especially in Pakistan. Their products and services have gone extraordinarily pathetic. All this negative credit goes to their TOP MANAGEMENT and QUALITY DEPARTMENT who are very tactically and skillfully looting and plundering innocent people of Pakistan. Lastly, their QUALITY DEPARTMENT also seems drunk all the time, as I have found several QC PASSED and PAKISTAN STANDARDS stickers on the item but its basic functions were not working, and their innocent technical staff tried to impose their versions of manually setting Freezer and Fridge Zone Settings.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Purchased a 49 inch Haier Smart TV through Home Credit last September 2, 2019. Last December 2019 we were strucked with a strong typhoon Ursula. The cable wire connected to the tv was hit by a falling tree that pulled the unit upside down causing it to hit to the floor and got damaged. Can we claim for a force majeure for it since I'm still paying for it even if its not in use anymore. Please help...

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Your product is very good working but its spare parts is not available in market. For example my mobile l50 it's touch break and touch is not available in market so my product is waste but your product working very good.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

The refrigerator lights broke and will cost over $100 for parts alone plus service. The refrigerator was less than 1yr old when I contacted Haier (horrible customer service. Delivery was a month after purchase.) I will NEVER buy Haier or GE products again... And I will keep going out of my way to spread the word to anyone. Shame on this company. DO NOT BUY THIS REFRIGERATOR MODEL #HRB15N3BGS.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

This washer and dryer combo is the ABSOLUTE WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. For over $1200, you get a brand new machine that considers a full load of laundry to be one sock and one tee shirt. And then it takes 6 hours to dry your one sock and one tee shirt. And then after taking 6 hours to dry, it keeps the door locked for 45 minutes to let the one sock and one tee shirt cool down before it's safe to open.

Our machine has broken down twice with the error code FC, locking a load of laundry in there with water in it. The first time it broke down, GE ordered the parts and the parts were on backorder for over 3 months because apparently EVERYONE else with this machine is having the same problem. I put a big enough stink up, and after 6 weeks, was able to get the machine replaced with a new one (although I lost my entire load of laundry with the broken one because they couldn't unlock it.)

One month after getting the new machine, it breaks down with the same error code, FC. GE has sent out their guy on two separate occasions to fix it, and they can't fix it, telling us themselves to get another brand and that this one sucks. They represent GE and they are telling me this. They won't replace this machine. They won't stick by their brand. They order their parts from China. Their own technicians cannot understand how to fix this model. They won't give us a refund and don't offer us any means as far as being out of a washer a dryer for the last 6 weeks. We've owned this stupid model for 6 months and it has been BROKEN on and off FOR 3 MONTHS, half the time. The worst purchase I have ever made. You would be better off throwing your money in the trash.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

This is the crap-est of crap. Lasted 11 months before the first error code. Took a month to get it fixed. Then it lasted 3 weeks before it crapped itself again. Fixed in 4 days after a lot of back and forth. Lasted 5 years and now it crapped itself again and now it waits on the nature strip to be collected for s-crap.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have baked for many years. This year bought a new range. Just had it checked and was told that I had to turn my racks during baking. I have never had to do this before. I took a picture thinking that this could somehow be fixed if they could see the problem. The back corner of one side of oven is over-browning. They said that nothing could be done. I am supposed to turn racks. The technician showed me one small line in my paperwork that most would not see and surely don’t see until after you have purchased. The worst part is I have an extended warranty on a range that I consider to be sub-standard.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

DO NOT BUY... Period. There is no support for this company and the products are substandard. I called to get some clarity on the information in the users manual, there’s told me the manual was a misprint. This is fraud in my book. Consumer affairs will be my next step.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I didn’t want to have to resort to posting on such a public forum but I have had no choice but to do so! I purchased a Haier machine in April 2018 and 6 weeks later I had issues with the machine, where it was overflowing with water 4 times in total which caused watermarks to my carpet. I had a Fisher and Paykel approved technician who came out and had a look and completed a repair and left. The machine continued to overflow again and the technician was out again and in his report said that the sensor that monitors the water level was faulty and he suggested a full machine replacement. In August last year it was replaced with a like for like (the same machine) about 8 months passed when number 1 issue on the 2nd Haier unit happened where the spin cycle would shake the unit vigorously as per video. The technician was out again and replaced the barrel inside as this was not balancing (again manufacturing issue).

3 weeks later issue number 2 on the 2nd Haier unit happened and the machine wouldn’t drain the water. The tech was out again and replaced the water pump, again manufacturing issue. Another 3 weeks passed and issue number 3 on the 2nd Haier unit happened where the spin was again like how it is in the video. The tech arrived again and replaced the shocks. 2 weeks later we arrive at issue number 4 on 2nd Haier unit occurred as you can see below .... vigorous spin. The tech just arrived and told me he has already replaced all parts therefore he is going to put in his report and request for a brand new 3rd unit to be replaced!!! All throughout this entire journey I have spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with numerous staff members who have promised the world and promised to call me back and they never did, only Aleni who is awesome. You should have more of him! I am always having to call to follow it up.

Every time I have booked a technician I have waited for 1 to 2 weeks for an appointment to be seen and without a washing machine for weeks on end maybe even months as waiting for parts and appointments. I have been given a $100 countdown voucher for the “inconvenience” and over a year later I’m still waiting for my carpets to be cleaned as a result of issue 1 machine 1! This is shocking! The manager Sue never calls me. She avoids me, I have spent an hour explaining my situation every time I call. As we know Haier brought fisher and Paykel and due to all these issues and me having no trust in this brand I have asked them to replace me with a fisher and Paykel branded machine but they refuse to, they told me I have to buy a brand new fisher and Paykel machine as their policy is like for like ...

Do not get me wrong. I don’t care that Haier is cheaper than a fisher and Paykel machine and I would be happy to have the Haier if only it worked but it doesn’t ... so I’m purchasing a new machine as we speak ... Fisher and Paykel off my own back and I will fight this all the way. Please be mindful. I have had 6 tech visits = $115 each visit total: $690 plus 2 replacement machines $1096 plus Countdown voucher $100. Carpet clean from overflowing of water $120. Hours upon hours of time on phone with your staff = cost of wages with a total cost to the company of $2106 plus wages for staff talking to me.

Cost of Haier unit that I have, today’s price $548. Cost of replacement unit from fisher and Paykel is $939 plus delivery $85 = $1024 the difference between the two prices is $476 so that means over a price difference of $476 the company has spent $2106 plus wages on arguing the point of replacement ... ahhh come on already any primary school child would be able to work the maths out on this one! I hope this post reaches the powers above whom will agree if they have common sense!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I bought a Haier model 2.5 ton air conditioner in July 2017. The compressor went out in August 2019 which is covered under warranty. The labor ($632) is not covered. I do not believe that a compressor should go out after just 2 short years. Haier disagrees. They will happily replace the part but I must pay for the labor.

Haier Appliances Company Information