1.14/5
Based on 95 reviews that contain star ratings

Haier Appliances

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

123 Haier Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a Haier wine cooler 10/14. In under 4 years both the compressor and dryer went out. The compressor is covered under 5 yr “sealed system” warranty, but the dryer is not. They can no longer source the dryer part and offered me $150 to buy new one of my choice or a “discounted” rate of $700 for a new GE model. I will never buy another GE Haier model of appliance, because quite simply they do not stand behind their product. I was told by consumer services the unit is “old”. Based on other reviews...consider 4 hrs all you will get out of these poorly made products.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had Haier's 2.0 cubit foot Washer Dryer Combo Unit in white for six months before it broke. It took three months to get it fixed/replaced. The entire process was utterly bizarre, and a small nightmare of customer service insanity. Here's a breakdown of what went on: Number of times I took off from work, rearranged my schedule, and stayed home for an all-day service window appointment, all so that at the end of the day I still didn’t have a washer dryer combo unit that would wash (or dry) my clothes: SEVEN (7).

Number of times truly bizarre and eldritch things which occurred during repair process: EIGHT (8). Specifically, 1- Haier at first contracted with a repair company that DOES NOT REPAIR HAIER MACHINES. 2- Haier’s computer system doesn’t tell Haier if the repair request has been rejected by the repair subcontractor.

3- Haier reported that they had no one who would repair in my area. (I live in Buffalo, NY, half way between Chicago, Washington, DC, and NYC... not in North Dakota, or Alaska.) 4- Haier’s repair subcontractor is not allowed to stock any parts on the truck. They must all be special ordered, one at a time. Which takes weeks. Each time. For each part. Which are all back ordered, or simply out of stock. And the parts aren’t guaranteed to work, when installed. Ask me how I know.

5- The first replacement washer dryer combo unit arrived, broken, having obviously been dropped somewhere in transit. The sides were bulging. 6- Haier’s repair subcontrator tech begs me on two separate visits to get Haier to send me a replacement, because the number of times he has come out, only to not be able to fix my machine is messing up his ratio of visits to closed cases. 7- Haier’s robo call system is guaranteed, I discovered, to call me with dire threats should I not return a call, when I have already in fact returned that call, or dealt with that business – yet it happened every single time. 8- Haier’s customer service personnel routinely claim they have called or emailed, or will call or email, and they haven’t or don’t – and not because I’ve called instead. They just don’t. If I didn’t keep such meticulous notes of our interactions, their gaslighting might have worked.

Number of times I received an email from Haier saying that they had called me when they hadn’t, or promised to call me on a certain date and then they didn’t: TEN (10). Number of times I received a call from Haier citing an email they had sent, that I never received: TWO (2). Number of robo calls I received informing me that I MUST call Haier back immediately for something that I already called Haier about earlier in the day: TWENTY-THREE (23). Amount of laundry reimbursement received from Haier, over the course of three months without a laundry machine: ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).

Full disclosure: The maximum is usually $75, so I was told by Haier. When I pointed out that their average wait time for repair couldn’t possibly be on the order of months, I was granted an extra $25. Number of months I had clothes locked and getting disgusting in my laundry machine: THREE (3). Number of irreplaceable items of clothing that were locked in said machine for three months: TWO (2). Specifically, 1- The race t-shirt from my first half-marathon. 2- The hand-embroidered handkerchief one of my sisters brought me back from Italy.

Number of otherwise expensive or difficult to replace items of clothing that were locked in said machine for three months: THREE (3). Specifically, 1- A pair of work pants from Lane Bryant that had been tailored to fit me. 2- A clergy shirt I had made out of tech fabric. 3- An insulative base layer I made for my husband. Number of times Haier asked me if I had receipts for any of my clothing locked in the machine: FIVE (5).

Amount of clothes reimbursement received from Haier, after duly sending pictures of all the clothes, once they were out of the machine: ZERO DOLLARS ($0). Full disclosure: I’ve been told by Haier that the standard reimbursement is no more than $150. When I finally asked how much we would get, I was told, “the company has declined your request for reimbursement.” And you know, $150 would have replaced my one work outfit, and nothing else – a clergy shirt, and a tailored pair of pants – but it would have been something. A token gesture. A token gesture which would have kept me from shaming the corporation online. The token gesture I did get was an extended warranty, on top of the standard one-year manufacturer’s warranty for the newly delivered replacement. For how long, you ask? A year? Two years? Five years?...no. Six months extra.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have bought three Haier air conditioner, two Haier freezers and a Haier refrigerator from Badcock in the last eight years. Freezers quit after four years and the air conditioners lasted about two. The biggest disappointment is the $800 refrigerator quit at three and a half years. I put it in storage for a year. Yesterday I find the relay has been discontinued and can only be bought directly from Haier for $124.95 + shipping. This company is ripping consumers off with this junk they sell.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I bought a HT700s Haier pad when I am travelling abroad. Now I am in Sri Lanka. My problem is first day when I plugged for charging after few minute. Pad switched off at once. After that I count to switch on. I don't know what happened. Please help me if you do something that's a great help for me. I think problem is software. Please send me HT700s firmware file. Or you help me other way. Thanks.

Original review: May 20, 2018

After registering the complaint technician came and told some part has to be replaced. But instead of fixing it, they made it worse. Also when you call them they pick calls and tell some story to call here and there and ultimately they stop picking your call. Also customer care doesnt give any ETA for the product to be fixed. Pathetic customer care and their services. They tell you some part has to be fixed which is not available in stock and they will come back in 2, 3 days and 2 days and after they don't come at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Bought a Haier appliance package from The Home Depot. My kitchen isn't so big so I had to go with smaller appliances. The associates at Home Depot helped me find everything. 18'' Dishwasher, 24'' Range and over the range microwave, as well as a small awesome four door fridge that Haier makes. Did you know Haier owns GE now? Anyways. Delivery was questionable as the dates got pushed back 3 times... However, Home Depot issued me a $200 credit just for the wait. Finally received appliances and have had them for a year now. They work great so far! Extremely please with the aesthetic and functional quality.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I really appreciate the work of your Thane branch engg Mr.Raghu ** services engg, he comes for installation of refrigerator after his working hours also over and he really help us. Thank you so much Haier for your help and for a lovely product.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased this product at Lowe's in March, it quit working in September. Lowe's does not service this brand, which they do not tell you up front when purchasing this product. Haier has been out to service the unit multiple times, parts have been replaced (which after being ordered took two weeks to arrive), and despite all the issues the company tells me they don't replace units, just continue to repair them. I would advise anyone considering purchasing a fridge by Haier to NOT do it. You'll lose lots of food, time, and end up with endless aggravation.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a Haier stovetop hood, the control pad is placed right where the oil and grease is directed out of the kitchen. By designing that way, the contacts quickly become contaminated, and no longer respond. I called Haier a number of times, they refused to help in any way. I even ask if they just send me another switch, I'd pay to have it installed myself, they refused. I would never buy a Haier again, and I strong urge others not to buy from them. They are there to sell, and after that, you no longer want anything to do with you. I'd definitely stay away from anything Haier.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am purchase a smart tv U5000A. But sound Quality not good. When I up my tv volume more than 25 then it was horrible sound. That tv was not smart. It's a garbage. When I was complain this issue shopkeeper and service person told me, "You should purchase a music system with this." What the ** answer. Why I am purchase. It's was a big mistake in my life. I humbly request every person in India don't purchase this product...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a Haier 5.0 cu deep freeze from Walmart, I'm thinking that's my first mistake. I didn't have it for 9 months and the compressor took a crap. I contacted Walmart first considering that's where I had bought it, they suggested to call Haier. I called Haier and the lady that took my information was extremely nice and apologetic. I talked to and emailed several people after this, yes emailed... The case manager never answers the phone and you cant leave messages often because the voicemail is full.

I was then informed they don't call back considering it's an incoming call center. Really, WOW!!... So I got my pictures of what I could take that was already in the trash. I didn't take pictures of everything because it smelled so bad! I sent all my pictures, receipts, costs of food I lost, etc. I lost over $500 worth of food. They reimbursed me the cost of the piece of crap unit and $210 in food. That was unacceptable but because I didn't inventory everything in there and prove it was in there that's all they could do for me. I did also learn that Haier is a GE product, so I will NEVER buy a Haier product again and knowing GE is a subsidiary of this company, I wont be doing any freezers by them either.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

First you buy an expensive electronic from a "trusted" company, which is going to last many year. Then you realize that this refrigerator only has a working light-bulb and not cooling the food. While all the food rots inside, the company sends repairman after many days. Repairman makes temporary fix, so we need to call Haier within a few days and they send the repairman after many more days. This cycle has been going on since the first week when we bought this expensive junk.

Not only has the company not refunded us but they insist on us eating food from this fungus infested box of metal. Which raises concerns of responsible authorities who are either corrupt or not receiving the information about such criminal behavior. The matter needs to be resolved at the soonest, not more than 24 hours, as the longer we take, the more we will suffer and in the end you will find a dead family of humans who believed the company Haier and trusted the Indian system for the best quality of life.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator online on July 22nd and it was delivered on July 26th, it broke down a week later, called for service, repairman came out and determined that the compressor was bad. I called and told them that I did not want that refrigerator and requested a replacement, well that had to decide if they would replace it. Almost 2 weeks later they said they would replace it. Called back a week later to find out why I had not heard anything only to find out the order had been cancelled and they would be returning my money, as of this date I'm still waiting for them to pick up the refrigerator and give me my money back. This experience has been horrendous and totally unacceptable. When they cancelled the replacement refrigerator as it was out of stock, I was never notified. Nor did they offer a substitute. I would never buy another GE or Haier product ever again and I have instructed my friends and family likewise.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Haier range arrived too damaged to use. I contacted Customer Service who reviewed the pictures they requested and eventually settled upon offering me $50.00 for a range that I purchased for $1,435.00 without a replacement range. It seems this is a criminal matter. The retail store which I purchased the range from, eventually honored the purchase. This is not how companies in the U.S. operate. Shame on Haier and their company policies. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought an awesome GE refrigerator that arrived with a dented door. The GE repair man ordered the door from Haier Appliances Parts LLC which did not arrive the day he came to do the repair, so he ordered a second door. I then had 2 big boxes with the doors sitting in my living room. He came switched my door, then I had to contact Haier to find out how to return the new and old doors to them. I was told which company was going to do the pick up and when I asked, they had no confirmation number or a date when the pick up would happen. I was told to just wait for the call. Several days after no call, I called again. I was given the same information and no date as to when the doors would be picked up. I just had to wait for the company to contact me to schedule the pick up.

A week later, the doors are still sitting in my living room so I called again. Received the same information but this time was told that the doors would be picked up on a Wednesday and that I could leave them at the front door and they would be picked up. I come back home Wednesday evening to find the doors sitting at front of my door. Leave them there all night and half of Thursday. No pick up.

I called Haier again and I am first told that they have made three attempts to pick up the doors, which is not true as evidenced by the phone clerk telling me that the pick up company had the wrong phone number (provided by Haier) and for that reason have not been able to contact me to schedule the pick up. This time I was given a tracking number for the pick up and a phone number to call the pick up company... So as you can see, the "no hassle returns" was not the experience that I had. I dragged the boxes back inside. This return has been a big hassle and I will have to admire these two large boxes for another 3 days before they are picked up.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Got a great price on a Haier washer and dryer set at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Worst thing I could have ever done. Looked up reviews before buying and had great reviews at the time. Now all I see online is complaints of their product, but especially the service. I can wholly relate now... I call warranty repair 2 weeks ago, they sent out Gabe's Appliance Repair. Repairman comes out without proper replacement parts! I had company coming and there were 10 of us with no washer for towels, etc. It has been two weeks and I just called a few minutes ago and get the same or prewritten nonsense from a foreign call center that basically knows nothing!!! I ask when my repair will be done and she called the repair center. I found out after 2 weeks they still haven't received the wiring harness that was in stock at Haier!!!

So now I am told to wait for their call when they get the part with no idea why the part was not shipped 2 weeks ago and if or when it will be shipped! Do not buy Haier and they are not made in America. They are Chinese crap that at one time was owned by a German company for a while but now is wholly Chinese. I have never had these problems with my Whirlpool or Kenmore. I know the stuff made today is crap, but this goes to a whole new level of low. Spend the few extra dollars for a product that actually cares about service in a timely manner. How I wish I had done more research. The most frustrating is the "could care less attitude of the Haier help line". They are polite, but worthless…

Original review: March 13, 2017

Purchased a Haier microwave in December 2015. It stopped working in February of 2016. Haier said warranty had expired. Previous GE microwave lasted 15 years. Haier didn't last 15 months. Will never purchase another Haier product. Ever!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Paid 1200 for a Haier fridge freezer. Looked great. Stopped working after 13 months. Got warm instead of cold. Had taken out an extended warranty. 9 months later still trying to get the fridge fixed. The company have come up with numerous excuses all of which are not varied. I've been shoved from pillar to post. Basically they take your money and then don't give a damn. They are a disgusting company and all I can say to anyone thing of buying a product from this company DON'T. They are total rip offs. They are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They do not deserve to be in business ripping off customers the way they do. DON'T buy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The thermal fuse failed in my dryer after three years. I tested it with a multi-meter, so I know it went bad. Part number for the fuse is WD-3050-01. I removed it after much work (it's almost inaccessible). The Haier America website says the replacement part is WD-7350-015. That part arrived yesterday. But it's much smaller. In particular, the wings for the two attachment screws are almost an inch closer than the original. No specs to indicate this on the website.

I called the number given at www.haieramerica.com/support and spoke to Lina (agent id: **). She said Haier could not answer my question: "How do I attach the replacement thermal fuse to my dryer?" She said I'd have to get a local technician to answer it, presumably for a fee. First, a part failed after three years that should have lasted the life of the appliance. And secondly, Haier couldn't answer a question that is likely common if this part has failed as many times as I think, assuming others have had the same experience. So the part failed and they don't stand behind the replacement part. Conclusion: no more Haier products for me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I bought a Haier refrigerator for the breakroom at my shop on May 1, 2016. On November 25, 2016 the refrigerator stopped cooling. I submitted a repair request and was then told I'm out of luck because the item is being used in a business. That refrigerator gets used much, much less than if it were at my home. We are a small, 4 person business. We can't afford to replace a $350 refrigerator every 7 months. I contacted a local repair shop who quoted me $150-200 to fix the darn thing. And he recommended we trash the Haier and buy a reliable brand, which in his experience, Haier is not. I'm very upset at myself. I read all the bad reviews before buying the Haier but thought I would be the lucky one and not get a piece of junk.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have bought Haier water heater on 17 Nov 2016 and it get damaged on 20 Nov 2016 and service center person and customer care person not giving proper answer to replace the product. I have submitted bill and warranty card. Still no response. Haier products are not good - their quality is worst in world. I suggest not to buy Haier product in life. Haier people are so careless they don't know about safety.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I bought a refrigerator HA10TG31SW on Feb. 29 of 2016 that went out in June 2016. The manufacturer is Haier. I called service at 1-888-775-6937. I explain to them that the refrigerator went out, was not cooling at all. They said because it was sitting on the front porch, even though the porch was covered, the refrigerator was exposed to cold and hot weather and that the warranty was void. The first week of March was when the refrigerator was first used. Temperature average (Highs/Lows): March 64/38, Apr 73/47, May 79/57, June 87/65 taken from US Climate Data. In other words we had a mild temperature for the time the refrigerator was working. In my opinion this should in no way cause this refrigerator to go out. This was just a way to get out of repairing the refrigerator is under warranty.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I spent 550 dollars on my last unit that I purchased through Fingerhut. Well anyways it lasted about 1 week over the 1-year marker and now I am on unit 2 by them. I paid 360 dollars for it at Walmart in Manchester. This one made it 1 month over 1 year and never really cooled my rooms to begin with so that's almost 1 grand gone in awful ACs. I am a single mom on disability. I can't afford this mess this company has given me. It isn't right. So now that I have to go school shopping and now I need another damn AC that should have lasted at least 5 years.

I mean what has this world come to messed up companies stealing peoples money for their broken crap. I mean come on. Really. I know I can't afford this. Someone else maybe but that's not the point. Point is stop screwing people over and fix your merchandise or at least refund those that did buy these pos's. I have both units. If they want them back I will gladly send them back. They're big, huge, worthless paperweights. Ask for pictures of the paperweights and I will gladly give them. One is a 8000 btu and one is 12000 btu - both made by these guys.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this manufacturer!! I bought a fridge and after 5 months stop working. THEY DENIED returning my money and told me to take the fridge to their shop. I am a woman. How I am suppose to carry a fridge left and right??? So I need to pay someone / arrange people to help me with this. So inconvenient and doesn't worth my money and time.

Original review: July 20, 2016

This is to bring to your kind notice that the product (Haier t.v.) doesn't work and it is not up to the expectations. I am disappointed and to inform you that it is the third time that I have had to complaint this month. I would like to inform you that I bought the product from your company (Haier), from Atlas India shop, Jaipur, Rajasthan on 24/10/2014. I must inform you that I carefully followed all the instructions for use.

You may rectify these errors but we cannot tolerate this in future. This product did not perform satisfactorily and after a weeks time I decide to return the product to your company and complaint about it for repairing. When I spoke to one of your company representative by phone I was informed him that your product is not working properly although as it is in warranty or all the information about product so he said about the charges in which my t.v. is in warranty so what's the charges is? Is totally worthless or unexpected.

Few days later when I needed to use it, the product is completely useless and not started. And not it's a first time while I am facing this problem, it was happened with me almost so many times. Then I call to your customer service department and told them about my problems. As my product is in warranty so asking for replacement or repairing and expected to be contacted by them, I have still not had any response and I am decided to write my complaint from consumer court and I'm really very disappointed with this Haier product. It's totally worthless. I expected to take action against my complaint otherwise I'm not responsible for it or take some other actions against your product.

Here the product detail is: Product name - Haier t.v.; Company or shop name - Atlas India; Model no. - Le32v600; serial no. - dh1t40mO611d2e9cO569. Date of purchasing - 24/10/2014. I am really not satisfied with your products. I would be grateful if you could send someone for repairing or send a replacement or refund my postage or amount. I would like a quick solution for my problem and amount immediately or repair my t.v. or choose any other option so that I may remain a customer of your company in the future.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Purchased a $700 wine cooler Haier refrigerator and the nightmare began. The door did not seal properly and was not level on the top. After removing the door I discovered that the factory drilled holes for the top mounting hardware (top right of door) were not drilled correctly. They were drilled off line and incorrectly during the manufacturing process and not in the right position. This caused the hardware to mount improperly and the door to sit out of level.

I switched the door to the left side mounting holes and fortunately the holes on the top left of the unit were drilled in the right position during the manufacturing process. Also, with absolutely no assistance and support from customer service. I called customer service 3 times and not one representative that answered the phone could understand or assist with the problem.

Furthermore I was promised a callback in response to emails with pictures that I sent and not one company representative bothered to respond. Your call center named Haier America is far from anything that personifies America and quality and values. 3 call center reps that I spoke with are being paid to answer phones and provide support and they all failed miserably. So you have lost a customer forever and trust me I will never, ever purchase another Haier product.

One would think that Haier would want to build their business by expanding their customer base. I finally reached executive relations and they deemed the wine cooler to be defective and requested that I haul this refrigerator back to Lowe's Home centers to try and get a replacement. This is unacceptable. I no longer own a pickup truck and I have no means to haul this heavy cooler back to the store. They will not budge on their nonsolution so I am screwed. Never Again!!!

Original review: March 8, 2016

Their products are very bad and their service is worse. I bought a Geyser in Sept 2015 and started using it in Dec 2015. After using it for a month, the element had to be changed. After using it for another month, now the sensor needs to be changed. I don't have the time to keep getting things fixed 'changed' every month. I have been calling your Customer Care and they are very unprofessional. They have the audacity to hang up on customers! I have been calling for the past 1 month and have received no response yet. I have been running from pillar-to-post and it's of no use. I wish I had listened to people when they had advised me against Haier. No wonder people refrain from Chinese companies. They have no standard and quality for them is an alien word. Considering how bad and unethical their service is, I now don't want a placement. I want a refund.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

My Name Is VINOTH, I'm From Chennai. Last 8 year back, I buy Haier washing machine. There is no any problem but 19/11/2015, I have problem, washing machine not working. I call Haier customer care, they say technical person comes on 24 hours but there is none responsible. And I call day after day, 29/11/2015 no responsible technical person. Please friends don't buy any Haier product. This is worst company, worst customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Haier Double Door Refrigerator. Worst product ever. Never Recommend to anyone. Bought Haier refrigerator in the month of May 2015. Today, I have filed complaint for third time. The engineers are not able to fix the problem till date and company is not even willing to provide the replacement of the product.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

I bought a Haier refrigerator in 2010, that has always had faulty seals that I've been gluing back into the slots for years. Secondly, I should have known better, when I purchased the Haier HWF05XCP-L 5,000-BTU Mechanical Window Air Conditioner less than one year ago. It now spits out a gooey, watery substance. I live in a city where the temperature reaches 120 degrees, no joke! Now I'm without air conditioning. It is now 114 degrees outside as I'm writing this. Haier should stop making appliances!!!

Haier Appliances Company Information