Haier Appliances

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Haier refrigerator for the breakroom at my shop on May 1, 2016. On November 25, 2016 the refrigerator stopped cooling. I submitted a repair request and was then told I'm out of luck because the item is being used in a business. That refrigerator gets used much, much less than if it were at my home. We are a small, 4 person business. We can't afford to replace a $350 refrigerator every 7 months. I contacted a local repair shop who quoted me $150-200 to fix the darn thing. And he recommended we trash the Haier and buy a reliable brand, which in his experience, Haier is not. I'm very upset at myself. I read all the bad reviews before buying the Haier but thought I would be the lucky one and not get a piece of junk.

I have bought Haier water heater on 17 Nov 2016 and it get damaged on 20 Nov 2016 and service center person and customer care person not giving proper answer to replace the product. I have submitted bill and warranty card. Still no response. Haier products are not good - their quality is worst in world. I suggest not to buy Haier product in life. Haier people are so careless they don't know about safety.

I bought a refrigerator HA10TG31SW on Feb. 29 of 2016 that went out in June 2016. The manufacturer is Haier. I called service at 1-888-775-6937. I explain to them that the refrigerator went out, was not cooling at all. They said because it was sitting on the front porch, even though the porch was covered, the refrigerator was exposed to cold and hot weather and that the warranty was void. The first week of March was when the refrigerator was first used. Temperature average (Highs/Lows): March 64/38, Apr 73/47, May 79/57, June 87/65 taken from US Climate Data. In other words we had a mild temperature for the time the refrigerator was working. In my opinion this should in no way cause this refrigerator to go out. This was just a way to get out of repairing the refrigerator is under warranty.

I spent 550 dollars on my last unit that I purchased through Fingerhut. Well anyways it lasted about 1 week over the 1-year marker and now I am on unit 2 by them. I paid 360 dollars for it at Walmart in Manchester. This one made it 1 month over 1 year and never really cooled my rooms to begin with so that's almost 1 grand gone in awful ACs. I am a single mom on disability. I can't afford this mess this company has given me. It isn't right. So now that I have to go school shopping and now I need another damn AC that should have lasted at least 5 years.

I mean what has this world come to messed up companies stealing peoples money for their broken crap. I mean come on. Really. I know I can't afford this. Someone else maybe but that's not the point. Point is stop screwing people over and fix your merchandise or at least refund those that did buy these pos's. I have both units. If they want them back I will gladly send them back. They're big, huge, worthless paperweights. Ask for pictures of the paperweights and I will gladly give them. One is a 8000 btu and one is 12000 btu - both made by these guys.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from this manufacturer!! I bought a fridge and after 5 months stop working. THEY DENIED returning my money and told me to take the fridge to their shop. I am a woman. How I am suppose to carry a fridge left and right??? So I need to pay someone / arrange people to help me with this. So inconvenient and doesn't worth my money and time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

This is to bring to your kind notice that the product (Haier t.v.) doesn't work and it is not up to the expectations. I am disappointed and to inform you that it is the third time that I have had to complaint this month. I would like to inform you that I bought the product from your company (Haier), from Atlas India shop, Jaipur, Rajasthan on 24/10/2014. I must inform you that I carefully followed all the instructions for use.

You may rectify these errors but we cannot tolerate this in future. This product did not perform satisfactorily and after a weeks time I decide to return the product to your company and complaint about it for repairing. When I spoke to one of your company representative by phone I was informed him that your product is not working properly although as it is in warranty or all the information about product so he said about the charges in which my t.v. is in warranty so what's the charges is? Is totally worthless or unexpected.

Few days later when I needed to use it, the product is completely useless and not started. And not it's a first time while I am facing this problem, it was happened with me almost so many times. Then I call to your customer service department and told them about my problems. As my product is in warranty so asking for replacement or repairing and expected to be contacted by them, I have still not had any response and I am decided to write my complaint from consumer court and I'm really very disappointed with this Haier product. It's totally worthless. I expected to take action against my complaint otherwise I'm not responsible for it or take some other actions against your product.

Here the product detail is: Product name - Haier t.v.; Company or shop name - Atlas India; Model no. - Le32v600; serial no. - dh1t40mO611d2e9cO569. Date of purchasing - 24/10/2014. I am really not satisfied with your products. I would be grateful if you could send someone for repairing or send a replacement or refund my postage or amount. I would like a quick solution for my problem and amount immediately or repair my t.v. or choose any other option so that I may remain a customer of your company in the future.

Purchased a $700 wine cooler Haier refrigerator and the nightmare began. The door did not seal properly and was not level on the top. After removing the door I discovered that the factory drilled holes for the top mounting hardware (top right of door) were not drilled correctly. They were drilled off line and incorrectly during the manufacturing process and not in the right position. This caused the hardware to mount improperly and the door to sit out of level.

I switched the door to the left side mounting holes and fortunately the holes on the top left of the unit were drilled in the right position during the manufacturing process. Also, with absolutely no assistance and support from customer service. I called customer service 3 times and not one representative that answered the phone could understand or assist with the problem.

Furthermore I was promised a callback in response to emails with pictures that I sent and not one company representative bothered to respond. Your call center named Haier America is far from anything that personifies America and quality and values. 3 call center reps that I spoke with are being paid to answer phones and provide support and they all failed miserably. So you have lost a customer forever and trust me I will never, ever purchase another Haier product.

One would think that Haier would want to build their business by expanding their customer base. I finally reached executive relations and they deemed the wine cooler to be defective and requested that I haul this refrigerator back to Lowe's Home centers to try and get a replacement. This is unacceptable. I no longer own a pickup truck and I have no means to haul this heavy cooler back to the store. They will not budge on their nonsolution so I am screwed. Never Again!!!

Their products are very bad and their service is worse. I bought a Geyser in Sept 2015 and started using it in Dec 2015. After using it for a month, the element had to be changed. After using it for another month, now the sensor needs to be changed. I don't have the time to keep getting things fixed 'changed' every month. I have been calling your Customer Care and they are very unprofessional. They have the audacity to hang up on customers! I have been calling for the past 1 month and have received no response yet. I have been running from pillar-to-post and it's of no use. I wish I had listened to people when they had advised me against Haier. No wonder people refrain from Chinese companies. They have no standard and quality for them is an alien word. Considering how bad and unethical their service is, I now don't want a placement. I want a refund.

My Name Is VINOTH, I'm From Chennai. Last 8 year back, I buy Haier washing machine. There is no any problem but 19/11/2015, I have problem, washing machine not working. I call Haier customer care, they say technical person comes on 24 hours but there is none responsible. And I call day after day, 29/11/2015 no responsible technical person. Please friends don't buy any Haier product. This is worst company, worst customer service.

Haier Double Door Refrigerator. Worst product ever. Never Recommend to anyone. Bought Haier refrigerator in the month of May 2015. Today, I have filed complaint for third time. The engineers are not able to fix the problem till date and company is not even willing to provide the replacement of the product.

I bought a Haier refrigerator in 2010, that has always had faulty seals that I've been gluing back into the slots for years. Secondly, I should have known better, when I purchased the Haier HWF05XCP-L 5,000-BTU Mechanical Window Air Conditioner less than one year ago. It now spits out a gooey, watery substance. I live in a city where the temperature reaches 120 degrees, no joke! Now I'm without air conditioning. It is now 114 degrees outside as I'm writing this. Haier should stop making appliances!!!

I purchased my Brada washer January 2014. I have used it for a year and a half and it will not spin. Can hear it trying to catch but it can't. I am assuming either a transmission issue or gear. Service call is set for Friday and already out $100.

The compressor was installed incorrectly at the factory. After running for 3 months it broke with a freezer full of meat, pork, chicken and other things. Haier is impossible to work with and we will have to wait 7 weeks to get a part. I just want my money back, compensated for my lost food, and forget that I was ever dumb enough to buy this product. We have been accused of lying, buying a remanufactured freezer, and other things by this company. We have provided proof of everything but it just isn't good enough for this company.

After 2 years of H*LL with my 4-yr old Haier refrigerator, (freezer cold, refrig too warm, fan doesn't run as often as it should - seems to be a common denominator of Haier refrigerators!!) I broke down & called my town's oldest & most reputable appliance sales/repair center. They said "NEVER buy Haier! These 'economy' brands are not build for longevity!!" Seriously??? I have $50 shoes that have lasted far longer than this hunk of junk! Not only will my reputable sales/repair center NOT SELL Haier, they will NOT service it. Apparently there is too much aggravation to get replacement parts, etc!

Nice job Haier! BITE ME! (It seems like the only time my fridge is happy is when the A/C is on! WTH?? It needs HELP to stay cool?? Never again, Haier! And don't count on me ever to talk nice to anyone about you & I HAVE A BIG MOUTH when I am unhappy & boy am I unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I purchased a new Haier refrigerator July 2014 (The original refrigerator delivered need to be replaced immediately because of broken light that could not be repaired). In July 2015 the refrigerator stopped cooling. Haier sent out contractor twice and they have done various "fixes" over a two week period but, the refrigerator will be 59 degrees one day than 39 degrees the next. When I called Haier customer services they would not let me talk to a manager as requested. I need to send them a picture of the temperature. This is my first purchase of a Haier product but most likely my last. I have had other makes of refrigerators that lasted 20 years without needing a repair.

The air conditioning unit at my parents' home went out. We got this unit about 5 yrs ago. We have a 10-yr warranty. My dad has contacted this company, @HaierAmerica, several times and they WERE able to pull up his warranty AND serial # but will not fix unit without him providing a receipt from 5 yrs ago! Besides getting a lawyer and contacting the Better Business Bureau, and writing a review, what are my options?

Haier, who has a very bad reputation, also makes appliances which it sells under other labels. Our Aficionado wine cooler lasted less than three years. Repairs were going to cost around $400.00, with a projected life of 2-3 more years. I was informed by the technician that the cooler was a Haier under a different name (I would never have purchased it, having known that). Lesson learned: if you don't know the brand, ask a technician who the manufacturer is. I'm now looking at name brand coolers, but will talk to a technician anyway, just to be sure.

One of the worst services provided by this company. Their after sales service is as bad as their product. I bought an LCD TV and when it was not working they told me that the company does not produce the spare parts. They kept the product for more than 5 weeks and then returned back unrepaired. They offered me 5% of the original cost as the value for buy back. I sent many reminders to their customer care but they send a pre formatted reply that we are looking into the matter. No one senior calls back. FOR ME IT WOULD BE NO HAIER PRODUCTS THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.

I bought this AC unit several years ago and it worked good but it does not want to work this year. When I plug it in, it lights up then goes back off. What is wrong with it?

Bought a portable AC about half of a year ago. Use it for a couple of months then put it away because we didn't need it. Got it out about a week ago for our new place in Hawaii. Started to randomly turn off and wasn't sure why until a flashing light started to appear that basically said it was full of water. We emptied it in about half an hour. After we had emptied it the same light came and it was full again.

Called customer service 3 times. The first time, they had asked me to get a hose and connected which I did. The hose would not drink anything. The second time they told me to get a hose for the bottom the drain which no one around me makes a hose that fits such a small drain. I started to get mad and then they told me the only way they would allow me to return it is if I was in the year mark of the warranty - wish I know I was. However, I happen to have misplaced the receipt and they told me they could not do anything to help. Wouldn't they be able to just look up the model and number? I will never be buying another product from them again. I spent $300 on this portable AC that lasted me 3 months. I highly recommend going someplace else with your money. Sincerely -- a pissed off person.

NEVER BUY A HAIER PRODUCT! We purchased a Haier chest freezer from Sam's Club. Without going into the delivery nightmares and false claims made by Sam's Club, the freezer was delivered with a buckled lid. Haier refused to accept responsibility for replacing the lid and tried to blame it on the delivery. Sam's Club agreed to send a new one, but the delivery and return were a worse nightmare than before. We had to hire a handyman at our own expense to help us. The replacement was delivered with the package undamaged. When opened, we found that it had been packaged at the factory with a cracked end cap on the lid. The lid was also installed crooked.

We can't go through another nightmare return and this damage was clearly done at the factory. Even though the warranty states that it is warranted for defects in materials, Haier refused to fix it. We spoke to a supervisor and the same thing. I don't know what to do. We've paid full price for a poorly constructed, damaged product and Haier refuses to accept responsibility. If you buy a Haier product, you'd better pray that Haier Quality Control was paying attention that day because Haier is dishonest and irresponsible and takes no responsibility for their product. Still trying to decide what to do. We'll probably just return it to Sam's Club and buy a GE from Home Depot. Learn from my mistake. Stay away from these crooks.

In November 2013 I purchased a brand new a Haier washer and dryer but I did not purchase the insurance protection and that was my second mistake. Purchasing Haier was the first. My mother lives in a senior citizen complex and the amount of laundry she has is about one good load a week. So to keep her from having to go to the laundromat since she in a wheelchair, we got this set for her to make her life less stressful.

Four months later the dryer starts spinning a load and did not stop without unplugging. Called for service and a repair man came said it needed a replacement for a part that I cannot remember what the part was. But he said it shouldn't be more than a week or so and he will return and put the part in all will be done. Well he never came back, said the part never came in. I was told this after four calls trying to find out what happened with the part coming in and where is the repairman.

Nothing was ever done because by this time it was no longer under the six months of warranty. On my own with getting this fixed which after contacting four different appliance repair companies, no one wants to touch anything made by Haier. So you say we still have a washing machine, wish that was true. In April of 2014 the washing machine would stop in the middle of spinning a load in the rinse cycle. Sometimes we can let the washer start over, which it will do on its own or we can stop it, wait awhile, push the knob and hope it continues which it sometimes does and other times it will not complete washing and I have to take the dripping wet clothes out, squeeze them out the best I can and go to the laundromat to either finish washing or try to dry the clothes, depending on how wet they are.

I am out of money spent on purchasing appliances intended to make life easier for my mother instead I have more work on me now because she is not able to do all that must be done to do a load of clothes. My mother is stuck with a washer and dryer that is not 2 years old that do not work nor can we find a service company that will try to fix either appliance became of the bad reputation of the quality of Haier products. Not sure how writing this will help my mother or me in our situation but maybe it will help someone to stop and think before purchasing any Haier products. Thank you.

I order a refrigerator and freezer door handle in black and a microwave door also in black. Well I received the door handles however when I got the microwave door it was white. Called back for them to send me out the right door and yet again they still sent me another white door but they want to keep charging my credit card for THEIR dumb ass mistakes. So I have talked to supervisors and assistant managers and yet again no one can get me my right merchandise. Now remind you that I did all this within the month of February. So now it's like the 4th day of March and now they are telling me to send back the second white door and that my order for a black door is on back order until April 20th. How crazy is that? So now I am really frustrated so I told them to cancel the whole damn order and I will never ever ever use their merchandise again. So disappointed in them.

Bought Haier freezer 10 months ago with extended warranty (mistake). Freezer not cooling correctly. Called Haier hotline for customer no service. Couldn't get a tech to our area for 3 DAYS. Will lose hundreds of $ in food. Haier said best they can do as it takes that long to process complaints thru THEIR system. Will never ever ever ever ever buy or deal with Haier again.

I bought a new Haier 20 cubic ft. refrigerator from Lowe's. It never got cold and Lowe's said they weren't responsible, but to call Haier's repair service. The service said it would be a week before anyone could look at it, and then they might have to order parts. In the meantime, the food is thawing, and neither Lowe's or Haier's service staff made any attempt to rectify the situation as soon as possible. I called an independent repair service and they said to never purchase a Haier appliance. The parts are often not available and that service would not repair any Haier appliances because they were so poorly made.

I bought two Haier room A/C units & both had blower fans that lasted less than 20 months. I thought the upgrade to a higher BTU unit may have a better fan, but NO such luck... Yes, it took me 2 times to learn my lesson with "Made in China" and assembled in the USA. I'll never purchase another appliance made by Haier. The A/C units performed well, but I can't operate them with long shards of plastic breaking off at 2am, sounding like a truck crashed through the bedroom wall. I'm done with Haier products.

Installed washer and did not work. Technician came out 5 days later to inform me that the unit needed a whole new board (A BRAND NEW UNIT NEEDS ANOTHER BOARD). Called the manufacturer requesting a new washer. They insist that I try new parts first (could take from 1 to 2 weeks) before resorting to new washer. I explained that this is for a rental unit and my retro has already been without a washer for a month. They did not care. I'm very angry.

Haier Washer no GWT460AW - I have had washing machines for over 50 years and never had one like this. Thought it might be erratic due to some energy saving feature but in the spin cycle it sounded like a jet engine starting and stopping and even with light loads like 2 bed sheets and 3 towels it would jam up and stop. Then I heard this sound like a gun shot but the spinning tub broke loose and washer hit the wall, top came right off the washing machine and the side of the tub was pushed out.

Bought Refrig with Freezer on top on Sept 5, 2014 model HT21TS80SP from Lowe's. Looked like a great product, design, functionality & price. China company but designed, manufactured and assembled in USA. So I thought put Americans to work, buy American. JUNK, PURE JUNK!!! 89 days old, unit died on a Thursday, Haier warranty repair company only serves my town on Tuesdays. I lost everything in my frig/freezer. Repair Tech said, “KNOWN problem, bad switch.” He replaced 2 parts (Thermo & Timer) WHY was a recall not performed??? Now, 15 days later on Christmas Eve (Dec 24, 2014) it DIED AGAIN. I lost everything in it AGAIN!!!! with many people coming for the Holiday. I will call Repair Center this morning Dec 26 and wait for repair AGAIN, probably have to wait till next Tuesday. Word to everyone, HAIER is JUNK PURE JUNK. Save your mind and food and buy LG. LG is best product(s) on the market, you pay slightly more but they are great. HAIER should not be allowed to be sold in the USA or its territories. JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!

I purchased a new Haier model H21TS80 refrigerator in August 2014 from Lowe's. I have been jockeying the temperature controls between the freezer and the lower compartment trying to obtain a steady 35 degrees in the lower compartment. It is impossible. The temp will go up and down 10-12 degrees. At times it is over 40 degrees then again it is 30 degrees. No one is using it but me and I am not in and out of it a lot. Nor do I place hot items in there so neither one of these apply. There also has been an annoying buzzing sound from the freezer area. Totally unsatisfied with it.

Haier Appliances Company Profile