Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Haier Appliances
3.74/5

Haier Appliances

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

132 Haier Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

The PERFORMANCE of the fridge is so bad that even one star would be an insult for the star itself. Worst fridge ever. Within 6 months I have complained 4 or 5 times. The compressor has been changed once and within 2 weeks the fridge is giving zero cooling and again not working. Poor PERFORMANCE poor MAINTENANCE and poor CUSTOMER SERVICE. Plz plz SAVE YOUR MONEY AND PLZ DON'T BUY IT. They have got the worst compressor ever. Everything is pathetic with this fridge and company.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Purchased machine in August of 2018, since mid January of 2019 the machine has had multiple issues, including leaking from the bottom of the machine and the pump has had to be replaced. 7 weeks later and the machine is leaking again. I have spent countless hours with customer service to have this machine replaced. The customer service is most unhelpful, with broken promises daily, phone calls not returned and promised emails, actions etc. Never followed up. Worst appliance and worst customer service I have ever encountered. The repairs to this machine have far surpassed the original cost of the machine. Why not refund me or replace this machine and cut your losses? Trying to find a Canadian representative for Haier/GE appliances is beyond frustrating. NEVER EVER BUY ANY APPLIANCE FROM THIS COMPANY.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased 4 GE CAFE appliances January 27, 2019. The fridge and stove were defective. The second fridge they sent was defective as well and was returned. I still have yet to have customer service call me back about my stove. It is now one month that I have a defective stove. I am not buying another GE fridge and currently do not have a fridge. It's terrible to know that your expensive appliances are defective and one has to fight every day for someone to follow up.

I had GE products for 29 years previously but obviously now the quality of products and service has gone downhill maybe since Haier has taken over??? Where is quality control? Are all the appliances refurbished hence the issues? Am I getting someone else's returned product? The whole experience has been so disappointing. Customers should expect working appliances and excellent customer service. I do not expect service done on brand new appliances that have not even been plugged in. That is unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Observations: Ignition issues. All burners work properly without a flame height adjustment. Oven broiler ignites properly and functions well. Oven will not ignite using built-in igniter. Must remove oven bottom panel burner cover to light. Can hear the click of the igniter, do not see spark. To ignite must turn on gas to 300º setting. Igniter can be heard clicking. Can be ignited by holding lighter to jet area. Using the lighter the oven will light for about 5 seconds and then goes out. Must repeat. Usually takes at least 2 tries, if the lighter is not directed at the thermocouple nipple for approx. 30 seconds.

Exterior heat issues. When the oven is on, the top surface gets extremely hot. E.G. warm to touch front of cooktop. From midline to rear of stove hotter than is comfortable to touch. Back vent area extremely hot. Question safety of that amount of heat and the wall surface 2” away. The oven door vents “blow” a significant draught of hot air. Not comfortable to use top surface with that amount of heat blowing in my face. The significant breeze is aggravating. This amount of hot air will NOT be acceptable if outside temperature exceeded 50º. It heats the entire kitchen.

Oven temperature issues. I believe the oven temperature component is not functional! The manual that was included with the stove references the pre-heat light. There isn’t one! Setting the temperature to “min” results in internal temperatures 375 to 400º. Setting the temperature for 300º results in internal temperature of 375 to 400º. Setting the temperature to max (dial turns approximately same distance past the 450º setting as the increments of 50º in all other dial settings) results in internal temp of 450º. Setting the temperature to 350º results in internal temp of 425 to 450º. Using convection fan does not appear to impact the errant temperatures.

General observations. This stove is unusually high. 36 3/8” BEFORE you put the legs on. The timer makes no sound when it completes a timed event. The “dirty gray” burner setting and oven control markings on the front panel are almost impossible to see against the black background. The front control panel is perpendicular to the floor, so to read settings requires bending to get a readable angle. Magnets hold very well on everything but the stovetop and oven handle. This is advertised as a stainless-steel stove.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We are looking for information about Installation of geyser for our new home. Customer care lady is very rudely giving answer and cut my call. I never expect this from Haier. Better talking with this people. We can go for our own electricians.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The oven is competitively priced at about $1200. Sadly it arrived with trays that don’t stay in the rungs. This means when you put anything in the trays they collapse down to the bottom of the oven, which is perilous. So we called and they sent new trays. They didn’t fit. So we called and they sent a guy 'round who said the inside of the oven is defective and bowed. So we called again. They said they don’t have any installers that can do the wiring so we have to arrange for an electrician to remove the wiring and then another visit to install the new wiring. They said they will offer $150 to pay the electrician. (No way you could get an electrician round for that in Boston.)

There is no option of a full refund. I wish I had bought the Bosch one. This company basically doesn’t really stand behind its products and it seems the products are prone to defects. Just duck this company (Haier brand) completely. Amazingly poor aftercare service and almost nonexistent complaints proceedings. Considering legal options.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I bought a Haier air conditioner in August of 2018. Within a week it started leaking and blowing Freon into my house. Made us all very sick. Tried to get the company to give me my money back they refused. Said I had to buy another unit out of pocket and they would send me a check to reimburse me. Well here it is almost into December and every time I call them they have another excuse why a check was not sent. Now it's because I need to send them proof of purchase which I have already sent twice. This company is a joke. They do not stand behind their ** products. Customer service is terrible. Guess I just have to take the loss. This company will never make this right.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

After purchasing the refrigerator in 2013, it is no longer getting cold on the bottom. I realize that it is out of warranty, but a refrigerator should last more than 5 years. I am having trouble finding a local repair company to service this product. Nobody wants to work on it. I will never purchase an Haier product again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Several follows ups service person came for installation after 7 days. At the time of installation display was not working, so we have contacted area manager and he promised will replace the new instruments within the couple of days. 10 days crossed now he his picking my phone calls. Now I have plan to surrender the instrument and go for the better brands. Once again I request you to please dont purchase Haier brand oven.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a Haier wine cooler 10/14. In under 4 years both the compressor and dryer went out. The compressor is covered under 5 yr “sealed system” warranty, but the dryer is not. They can no longer source the dryer part and offered me $150 to buy new one of my choice or a “discounted” rate of $700 for a new GE model. I will never buy another GE Haier model of appliance, because quite simply they do not stand behind their product. I was told by consumer services the unit is “old”. Based on other reviews...consider 4 hrs all you will get out of these poorly made products.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had Haier's 2.0 cubit foot Washer Dryer Combo Unit in white for six months before it broke. It took three months to get it fixed/replaced. The entire process was utterly bizarre, and a small nightmare of customer service insanity. Here's a breakdown of what went on: Number of times I took off from work, rearranged my schedule, and stayed home for an all-day service window appointment, all so that at the end of the day I still didn’t have a washer dryer combo unit that would wash (or dry) my clothes: SEVEN (7).

Number of times truly bizarre and eldritch things which occurred during repair process: EIGHT (8). Specifically, 1- Haier at first contracted with a repair company that DOES NOT REPAIR HAIER MACHINES. 2- Haier’s computer system doesn’t tell Haier if the repair request has been rejected by the repair subcontractor.

3- Haier reported that they had no one who would repair in my area. (I live in Buffalo, NY, half way between Chicago, Washington, DC, and NYC... not in North Dakota, or Alaska.) 4- Haier’s repair subcontractor is not allowed to stock any parts on the truck. They must all be special ordered, one at a time. Which takes weeks. Each time. For each part. Which are all back ordered, or simply out of stock. And the parts aren’t guaranteed to work, when installed. Ask me how I know.

5- The first replacement washer dryer combo unit arrived, broken, having obviously been dropped somewhere in transit. The sides were bulging. 6- Haier’s repair subcontrator tech begs me on two separate visits to get Haier to send me a replacement, because the number of times he has come out, only to not be able to fix my machine is messing up his ratio of visits to closed cases. 7- Haier’s robo call system is guaranteed, I discovered, to call me with dire threats should I not return a call, when I have already in fact returned that call, or dealt with that business – yet it happened every single time. 8- Haier’s customer service personnel routinely claim they have called or emailed, or will call or email, and they haven’t or don’t – and not because I’ve called instead. They just don’t. If I didn’t keep such meticulous notes of our interactions, their gaslighting might have worked.

Number of times I received an email from Haier saying that they had called me when they hadn’t, or promised to call me on a certain date and then they didn’t: TEN (10). Number of times I received a call from Haier citing an email they had sent, that I never received: TWO (2). Number of robo calls I received informing me that I MUST call Haier back immediately for something that I already called Haier about earlier in the day: TWENTY-THREE (23). Amount of laundry reimbursement received from Haier, over the course of three months without a laundry machine: ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).

Full disclosure: The maximum is usually $75, so I was told by Haier. When I pointed out that their average wait time for repair couldn’t possibly be on the order of months, I was granted an extra $25. Number of months I had clothes locked and getting disgusting in my laundry machine: THREE (3). Number of irreplaceable items of clothing that were locked in said machine for three months: TWO (2). Specifically, 1- The race t-shirt from my first half-marathon. 2- The hand-embroidered handkerchief one of my sisters brought me back from Italy.

Number of otherwise expensive or difficult to replace items of clothing that were locked in said machine for three months: THREE (3). Specifically, 1- A pair of work pants from Lane Bryant that had been tailored to fit me. 2- A clergy shirt I had made out of tech fabric. 3- An insulative base layer I made for my husband. Number of times Haier asked me if I had receipts for any of my clothing locked in the machine: FIVE (5).

Amount of clothes reimbursement received from Haier, after duly sending pictures of all the clothes, once they were out of the machine: ZERO DOLLARS ($0). Full disclosure: I’ve been told by Haier that the standard reimbursement is no more than $150. When I finally asked how much we would get, I was told, “the company has declined your request for reimbursement.” And you know, $150 would have replaced my one work outfit, and nothing else – a clergy shirt, and a tailored pair of pants – but it would have been something. A token gesture. A token gesture which would have kept me from shaming the corporation online. The token gesture I did get was an extended warranty, on top of the standard one-year manufacturer’s warranty for the newly delivered replacement. For how long, you ask? A year? Two years? Five years?...no. Six months extra.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have bought three Haier air conditioner, two Haier freezers and a Haier refrigerator from Badcock in the last eight years. Freezers quit after four years and the air conditioners lasted about two. The biggest disappointment is the $800 refrigerator quit at three and a half years. I put it in storage for a year. Yesterday I find the relay has been discontinued and can only be bought directly from Haier for $124.95 + shipping. This company is ripping consumers off with this junk they sell.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I bought a HT700s Haier pad when I am travelling abroad. Now I am in Sri Lanka. My problem is first day when I plugged for charging after few minute. Pad switched off at once. After that I count to switch on. I don't know what happened. Please help me if you do something that's a great help for me. I think problem is software. Please send me HT700s firmware file. Or you help me other way. Thanks.

Original review: May 20, 2018

After registering the complaint technician came and told some part has to be replaced. But instead of fixing it, they made it worse. Also when you call them they pick calls and tell some story to call here and there and ultimately they stop picking your call. Also customer care doesnt give any ETA for the product to be fixed. Pathetic customer care and their services. They tell you some part has to be fixed which is not available in stock and they will come back in 2, 3 days and 2 days and after they don't come at all.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Bought a Haier appliance package from The Home Depot. My kitchen isn't so big so I had to go with smaller appliances. The associates at Home Depot helped me find everything. 18'' Dishwasher, 24'' Range and over the range microwave, as well as a small awesome four door fridge that Haier makes. Did you know Haier owns GE now? Anyways. Delivery was questionable as the dates got pushed back 3 times... However, Home Depot issued me a $200 credit just for the wait. Finally received appliances and have had them for a year now. They work great so far! Extremely please with the aesthetic and functional quality.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I really appreciate the work of your Thane branch engg Mr.Raghu ** services engg, he comes for installation of refrigerator after his working hours also over and he really help us. Thank you so much Haier for your help and for a lovely product.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased this product at Lowe's in March, it quit working in September. Lowe's does not service this brand, which they do not tell you up front when purchasing this product. Haier has been out to service the unit multiple times, parts have been replaced (which after being ordered took two weeks to arrive), and despite all the issues the company tells me they don't replace units, just continue to repair them. I would advise anyone considering purchasing a fridge by Haier to NOT do it. You'll lose lots of food, time, and end up with endless aggravation.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a Haier stovetop hood, the control pad is placed right where the oil and grease is directed out of the kitchen. By designing that way, the contacts quickly become contaminated, and no longer respond. I called Haier a number of times, they refused to help in any way. I even ask if they just send me another switch, I'd pay to have it installed myself, they refused. I would never buy a Haier again, and I strong urge others not to buy from them. They are there to sell, and after that, you no longer want anything to do with you. I'd definitely stay away from anything Haier.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am purchase a smart tv U5000A. But sound Quality not good. When I up my tv volume more than 25 then it was horrible sound. That tv was not smart. It's a garbage. When I was complain this issue shopkeeper and service person told me, "You should purchase a music system with this." What the ** answer. Why I am purchase. It's was a big mistake in my life. I humbly request every person in India don't purchase this product...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a Haier 5.0 cu deep freeze from Walmart, I'm thinking that's my first mistake. I didn't have it for 9 months and the compressor took a crap. I contacted Walmart first considering that's where I had bought it, they suggested to call Haier. I called Haier and the lady that took my information was extremely nice and apologetic. I talked to and emailed several people after this, yes emailed... The case manager never answers the phone and you cant leave messages often because the voicemail is full.

I was then informed they don't call back considering it's an incoming call center. Really, WOW!!... So I got my pictures of what I could take that was already in the trash. I didn't take pictures of everything because it smelled so bad! I sent all my pictures, receipts, costs of food I lost, etc. I lost over $500 worth of food. They reimbursed me the cost of the piece of crap unit and $210 in food. That was unacceptable but because I didn't inventory everything in there and prove it was in there that's all they could do for me. I did also learn that Haier is a GE product, so I will NEVER buy a Haier product again and knowing GE is a subsidiary of this company, I wont be doing any freezers by them either.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

First you buy an expensive electronic from a "trusted" company, which is going to last many year. Then you realize that this refrigerator only has a working light-bulb and not cooling the food. While all the food rots inside, the company sends repairman after many days. Repairman makes temporary fix, so we need to call Haier within a few days and they send the repairman after many more days. This cycle has been going on since the first week when we bought this expensive junk.

Not only has the company not refunded us but they insist on us eating food from this fungus infested box of metal. Which raises concerns of responsible authorities who are either corrupt or not receiving the information about such criminal behavior. The matter needs to be resolved at the soonest, not more than 24 hours, as the longer we take, the more we will suffer and in the end you will find a dead family of humans who believed the company Haier and trusted the Indian system for the best quality of life.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator online on July 22nd and it was delivered on July 26th, it broke down a week later, called for service, repairman came out and determined that the compressor was bad. I called and told them that I did not want that refrigerator and requested a replacement, well that had to decide if they would replace it. Almost 2 weeks later they said they would replace it. Called back a week later to find out why I had not heard anything only to find out the order had been cancelled and they would be returning my money, as of this date I'm still waiting for them to pick up the refrigerator and give me my money back. This experience has been horrendous and totally unacceptable. When they cancelled the replacement refrigerator as it was out of stock, I was never notified. Nor did they offer a substitute. I would never buy another GE or Haier product ever again and I have instructed my friends and family likewise.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Haier range arrived too damaged to use. I contacted Customer Service who reviewed the pictures they requested and eventually settled upon offering me $50.00 for a range that I purchased for $1,435.00 without a replacement range. It seems this is a criminal matter. The retail store which I purchased the range from, eventually honored the purchase. This is not how companies in the U.S. operate. Shame on Haier and their company policies. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought an awesome GE refrigerator that arrived with a dented door. The GE repair man ordered the door from Haier Appliances Parts LLC which did not arrive the day he came to do the repair, so he ordered a second door. I then had 2 big boxes with the doors sitting in my living room. He came switched my door, then I had to contact Haier to find out how to return the new and old doors to them. I was told which company was going to do the pick up and when I asked, they had no confirmation number or a date when the pick up would happen. I was told to just wait for the call. Several days after no call, I called again. I was given the same information and no date as to when the doors would be picked up. I just had to wait for the company to contact me to schedule the pick up.

A week later, the doors are still sitting in my living room so I called again. Received the same information but this time was told that the doors would be picked up on a Wednesday and that I could leave them at the front door and they would be picked up. I come back home Wednesday evening to find the doors sitting at front of my door. Leave them there all night and half of Thursday. No pick up.

I called Haier again and I am first told that they have made three attempts to pick up the doors, which is not true as evidenced by the phone clerk telling me that the pick up company had the wrong phone number (provided by Haier) and for that reason have not been able to contact me to schedule the pick up. This time I was given a tracking number for the pick up and a phone number to call the pick up company... So as you can see, the "no hassle returns" was not the experience that I had. I dragged the boxes back inside. This return has been a big hassle and I will have to admire these two large boxes for another 3 days before they are picked up.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Got a great price on a Haier washer and dryer set at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Worst thing I could have ever done. Looked up reviews before buying and had great reviews at the time. Now all I see online is complaints of their product, but especially the service. I can wholly relate now... I call warranty repair 2 weeks ago, they sent out Gabe's Appliance Repair. Repairman comes out without proper replacement parts! I had company coming and there were 10 of us with no washer for towels, etc. It has been two weeks and I just called a few minutes ago and get the same or prewritten nonsense from a foreign call center that basically knows nothing!!! I ask when my repair will be done and she called the repair center. I found out after 2 weeks they still haven't received the wiring harness that was in stock at Haier!!!

So now I am told to wait for their call when they get the part with no idea why the part was not shipped 2 weeks ago and if or when it will be shipped! Do not buy Haier and they are not made in America. They are Chinese crap that at one time was owned by a German company for a while but now is wholly Chinese. I have never had these problems with my Whirlpool or Kenmore. I know the stuff made today is crap, but this goes to a whole new level of low. Spend the few extra dollars for a product that actually cares about service in a timely manner. How I wish I had done more research. The most frustrating is the "could care less attitude of the Haier help line". They are polite, but worthless…

Original review: March 13, 2017

Purchased a Haier microwave in December 2015. It stopped working in February of 2016. Haier said warranty had expired. Previous GE microwave lasted 15 years. Haier didn't last 15 months. Will never purchase another Haier product. Ever!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Paid 1200 for a Haier fridge freezer. Looked great. Stopped working after 13 months. Got warm instead of cold. Had taken out an extended warranty. 9 months later still trying to get the fridge fixed. The company have come up with numerous excuses all of which are not varied. I've been shoved from pillar to post. Basically they take your money and then don't give a damn. They are a disgusting company and all I can say to anyone thing of buying a product from this company DON'T. They are total rip offs. They are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They do not deserve to be in business ripping off customers the way they do. DON'T buy from this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The thermal fuse failed in my dryer after three years. I tested it with a multi-meter, so I know it went bad. Part number for the fuse is WD-3050-01. I removed it after much work (it's almost inaccessible). The Haier America website says the replacement part is WD-7350-015. That part arrived yesterday. But it's much smaller. In particular, the wings for the two attachment screws are almost an inch closer than the original. No specs to indicate this on the website.

I called the number given at www.haieramerica.com/support and spoke to Lina (agent id: **). She said Haier could not answer my question: "How do I attach the replacement thermal fuse to my dryer?" She said I'd have to get a local technician to answer it, presumably for a fee. First, a part failed after three years that should have lasted the life of the appliance. And secondly, Haier couldn't answer a question that is likely common if this part has failed as many times as I think, assuming others have had the same experience. So the part failed and they don't stand behind the replacement part. Conclusion: no more Haier products for me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I bought a Haier refrigerator for the breakroom at my shop on May 1, 2016. On November 25, 2016 the refrigerator stopped cooling. I submitted a repair request and was then told I'm out of luck because the item is being used in a business. That refrigerator gets used much, much less than if it were at my home. We are a small, 4 person business. We can't afford to replace a $350 refrigerator every 7 months. I contacted a local repair shop who quoted me $150-200 to fix the darn thing. And he recommended we trash the Haier and buy a reliable brand, which in his experience, Haier is not. I'm very upset at myself. I read all the bad reviews before buying the Haier but thought I would be the lucky one and not get a piece of junk.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have bought Haier water heater on 17 Nov 2016 and it get damaged on 20 Nov 2016 and service center person and customer care person not giving proper answer to replace the product. I have submitted bill and warranty card. Still no response. Haier products are not good - their quality is worst in world. I suggest not to buy Haier product in life. Haier people are so careless they don't know about safety.

Haier Appliances Company Information