Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Hague Quality Water Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hague Quality Water?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hague Quality Water International?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I entered a drawing at a concert, expecting it to be just a marketing tactic but taking a chance, and of course that's all it was. No big deal, though, I'm interested in getting a water softener/filter system for my house. They tell me I won a free vacation (which is sketchy **, you pick 3 different dates in the future in 3 different places and wait to see which (if any) they get for you, so you're stuck with last-minute airfare so you can stay in a cheap timeshare-style condo), then schedule for someone to come test my water and drop off the voucher. The woman who came to my house was nice, but it took 3 friggin hours to get her to leave. I told her flat out after about an hour and a half that if she didn't stop her spiel she'd lose the sale, and she just plowed on through. She said her boss would be mad if she didn't go through it all.

When a customer tells you "I'm ready to buy, just wrap this up" don't spend another hour and a half trying to convince them they might save money if they buy. From minute 1 all I needed to see was some details on the filtering/softening system and the cost, because I already knew I wanted a system like that. Instead I spent three hours standing in my kitchen listening to her drone on and on about how much chlorine is in my water and how "That's what the ** used to kill the jews!". And how much money I could save if I used their concentrated soaps and detergents instead of store-bought stuff that's 99% water softeners that I won't need if I buy the system.. blah blah blah.

Then once she finally left I started getting bombarded with calls and emails from their office about how I just need to sacrifice x number of friends to their marketing torture to get my own free toaster or whatever. The sad part is I still want their product or one similar, but their marketing is just so MLM-ish, aggressive, scammy, and scummy.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

BUYER BEWARE! First off, these systems have a 25 yr warranty, and throughout the 14 months I have owned my system, I have needed service twice. Second, supposed to be a 25 yr warranty, but only through your local Hague dealer. Say your local dealer closes its doors, like ours did, Hague HQ will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the customer! I explained the situation twice, all I was told was to contact my local dealer. I firmly regret going with this system, I am telling you, unless you're extremely confident in your local dealer, DO NOT BUY A HAGUE SYSTEM!!!

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Sales person came to house to "do a free water test". Wound up being a sales pitch that we did not want or need. I can see how they can put fear into the minds of people who do not know any better and sell them something they do not need. I also suspect many of the 5 star reviews on this site were made by people with a vested interest in this company's making money. They basically told us "people have died from bad water and you may be next based on what we are seeing here at your tap".

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My controller went bad, I contacted the company. Everyone I have dealt with in this company is rude. Still do not have a replacement controller. @5 year warranty is worthless. People in this industry are crooks.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have had my system for 3 years now and absolutely love it. For the first time I had a small repair issue. Kaden came right out and gave excellent customer services. No hassle, no mess and no fees since I maintain my system annually. Thank you Kaden for such friendly and professional service.

Jennifer and Anakin

Original review: May 14, 2019

Representatives were friendly and knowledgeable. Plus a free gift just for letting them test our water. They were able to show us how bad our water truly is and then help us fix it. Now we don’t have to buy purified water for our babies or worry about how safe our water is regardless of what is going on around us with all the pollution and construction. I’d highly recommend this business and product to anyone!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I note that the reviews on this site are 5 years old and involve experiences with various Hague dealers; it seems that there were problems with servicing and installation, not with the Hague systems. I'm writing a review of the Hague WaterMax system and my experience with the service and repair required after 24.5 years of trouble-free operation of this durable softener system. I can say with hesitation that as a homeowner, the Hague WaterMax is among the best investments I have ever made.

The WaterMax I purchased and had installed in 1994 has provided my home and family with top-quality water, with no need for a single repair until a small piston became stuck after over 24.5 years of operation. My response from the company for repair of the unit was rapid and demonstrated that this company cares about the longevity of their products and the consumers who rely on them. I even received phone calls to check in on me when a winter storm caused a delay in the service call.

My home is rural and my well 210 feet deep with water that is scummy with high rust and moderate-high hardness. The WaterMax system has taken everything that this deep well, rural life, and a family of four has thrown at it for a quarter century. The service and repair was done by a gal from Applied Water Technologies and every aspect was 5 star. I opted for the system upgrade, and after 25 years of efficient, reliable operation by such a major home system, repair costs can be expected. The WaterMax was expertly repaired and reset after water testing and is again providing my home with sweet-tasting, pure, clean water. I really can't speak highly enough about the quality of service I received and how pleased I am that I can look toward another 15 years or more of trouble-free operation by the Hague system.

As to the prior ratings, I can only assume that Hague went through some growing pains back in 2014; I find it noteworthy that these problems are no longer the subject of posts. Again, I recommend the Hague WaterMax to anyone wanting to invest in an efficient, durable, and trouble-free home softener system. (And no, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the company, I'm just a very satisfied owner and recipient of excellent service and repair on my Hague.)

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My complaint is about abusive Hague Quality Water International company business model, not restricted to just one individual water softener unit not working properly or occasional customer service issue. It is about the Hague warranty policy (25-year limited warranty that expires after 10 years and will not be honored for any reason after 10 years) and second about the predatory/dishonest business practices of Hague Florida dealers that are tolerated/encouraged by Hague Quality Water International to deceive and defraud/scam customers with royal service fees and overinflated parts prices, after they improperly install water softeners in wrong location in violation of county electrical and plumbing code.

In 2004 Margaret ** an older retired nun (with Alzheimer) living alone in her home in ** was tricked/scammed by a Dealer for HAGUE water softener company (Sayler’s Suncoast Water 3851 62nd Ave N, Suite F, Pinellas Park, FL 33781, Phone: 727-526-1151 Email: info@saylerwater.com) to buy and install a water softener Hague Watermax on her property. They convinced her that city water is badly "contaminated" and she needs that softener to "clean" the water. The installation was never finished.

Margaret was not able to fight the Hague dealer and soon after she permanently moved to a nursing home and her house was empty until 2014 when I bought it. Taking advantage of her age and inability to make rational decisions, Sayler’s Suncoast Water charged her about $6000, but did a mockery of installation, they improperly installed the water softener in the wrong location in violation of county electrical and plumbing code as well in violation the Hague installation manual:

It was placed outside unprotected from sun/rain/wind. (The Hague manual say on pg 10": H. For outside installations, the appliance should be enclosed so it is protected from the weather.") The drain tube was hanging unsupported, draining water in the flower bed outside?, not connected to a drain as specified by installation instructions in the manual and in violation of county plumbing codes. Hague installation manual say pg 8: "Drain the appliance to an appropriate drain, such as a floor drain or washer drain that will comply with all local and state plumbing codes." (see picture)

The power source was not available nearby, and Hague never bother to install an outside plug as electrical code requires, so the transformer was recklessly plugged inside the bedroom, 10 ft away, hanging with unprotected exposed wire connectors passing through a open window (see pictures) This is a gross County electrical code violation. In order to pass house inspection In 2014, when I bought the house I had to hire an electrician to install an outside outlet. (see attached home inspection report)

After I moved into the house in an effort to make the softener to work, in December 2018, I contacted by phone the above dealer about the Hague Watermax system control displays "Clock chip fail" (6 button control). They said It needs replacement. The manual recommended controller part #54012 or #54050 is not available from the Hague dealers anymore and they try to sell me the new/updated ST-200 Smart Touch Control = $362 (uninstalled). Why the old controllers are not made anymore? Are they recalled as defective? They refused to replace it citing warranty limitations ignoring the fact that due improper installation in wet conditions unprotected, caused the controller to fail prematurely before the 25 years expected warranty.

If Sayler’s Suncoast Water would have had installed the unit correctly and protected the power source and controller from weather, probably it would not fail that soon since it is warranted 25 years. The owner manual shows on pg. 2 (see attached) that even the warranty for this softener is 25 years, it expire after 10 years when the customer has to pay 100% repair cost. How is legally possible a 25 years warranty to expire in 10 years? Why Hague discontinue parts after 14 years when the warranty is 25 years? They have an obligation to supply same parts # for the units sold/installed at least for the duration of the warranty.

I contacted Hague customer service (Eric ** Technical Manager Hague Quality Water International), sent him pictures of the unit and he agreed that there is an installation issue and advised me to contact the dealer who did it. But Sayler’s Suncoast Water has no interest to solve the problem they created, (email from Alan Sayler, President of Sayler's Suncoast Water) and to add insult to injury he suggested that the previous owner or me changed the unit location? This is incredible deceiving strategy to make customer responsible for their sloppy work. I contacted the neighbor that cared for Margaret and he confirmed the unit was in the same place from the beginning and placed on the same original concrete slab Hague dealer provided.

In conclusion Hague delegated the dealer to solve the faulty installation problem but the dealer refused and blame it on Hague 25 years warrantee policy that expired after 10 years! Problem solved. To test the Florida dealer Hague policy, I called 3 different Hague independent dealers in central Florida and all of them asked different prices over $300 for the controller but Sayler’s Suncoast Water was the most (unjustified) expensive and the only one that wants additional programming and installation fees? All others included programming and installation in the price. There is no consistent policy of Hague dealer part prices structure of what and how much the Hague dealer can overcharge a customer as long the Hague is paid.

The only interest Alan has lie about installation (says I moved the softener and altered the perfect initial installation) is to overcharge me exorbitant service fees starting with the time they wake up in the morning ($90.00 for a service call for the first 30 minutes and then $20.00 for each quarter hour after that, plus parts). This is a doctor or lawyer fee not an appliance technician fee. Incredibly they want to charge me this rip-off service fee to come to my house only to "evaluate" their own butchered installation they did in 2004 not to fix it. Does not even crossed their mind that they are responsible for this bad code violation installation also their own company installation guide.

Hague cannot claim any protection from the Warranty conditions due to improper installation. When Hague install it wrong Hague violated its own installation rules -so Hague lost any right to apply warranty limitation to this unit. Warranty limitations does not apply to faulty installation -inside 25 years there is no time limitation for problems generated by improper installation. Only if Hague followed its own installation rules, then Hague had the right to apply to me Hague warranty conditions. Since Hague violated company installation conditions the Hague co. and dealer are not protected by warranty limitation (owner or time) anymore.

In this conditions I don't feel is my responsibility to pay 100% cost of the new controller after 14 years. I request Hague dealer Sayler’s Suncoast Water to fix the softener unit. Since the unit is my house now, and I own the damaged softener. It is irrelevant who was the original owner. This is not only about Hague warranty, but about damaged softener by Hague negligence. Since the softener is permanently attached to my house plumbing system and it cannot be removed without professional assistance, it presents a hazard for fire/flood liability.

A normal company should be concerned about their dealer's gross installation policy violations and they may want to correct it, as it affects the product's reputation. This is about professional integrity and public image. Hague does not care about all this. All they want is to milk more money from a victimized customer without fixing anything. I filed formal complaint with BBB and Consumer Protection Agency in an effort Hague will be forced to act professional and accepts responsibility for their damage or mistakes. They ignore it, and never responded to their official requests. I certainly hope that FL Attorney General’s Office will investigate and not tolerate Hague Quality Water International abusive business practice to senior citizens.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The HQH branch in Susquehanna Valley, Pa. 1(717)-627-2743 has the worst customer service, that I have ever had to deal with. They don't show up when they have a appointment, and when you call there is no one to answer the phone. I finally got a hold of someone 3 days later and they told me the tech called out. (LIE.) As she keeps talking in circles she said the techs van broke down (LIE.) then she goes on to say the tech called me (LIE.) and then she said our phones were down that's why she did not call me. (ALL LIES.) The whole time I was on the phone with this lady, I had to listen to the guy in the background telling her the lies to tell me. With the technology today people still can't be honest. The phones are down? Use a cell phone. The tech called out? Call the customer. The van broke down? CALL THE CUSTOMER and let them know so they are not waiting around all day for you. I know you don't care.

Resolution response: March 17, 2020

I would like to recant my review about Dynamis, Inc., the Hague Quality Water system. I was totally upset when my first set of tanks needed to be replaced while still under warranty. I have had my new tanks since 2018 and thus far no problems. No water leaks and no mold. I understand that man-made things can sometimes break down and need to be replaced. So please forgive me for my statement back in 2018. I love the fact that I have a Hague Water system. Especially now with the Coronavirus and everyone buying up all of the bottled water so fast in the stores. I have the best tasting water and I don't have to buy bottled water. The Hague Quality Water system is the BEST water purified system EVER!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I've had my system only 2 years and the tank needs replaced. The whole system cost is around $6,000. The representative told me yesterday that the cost will be $200 service fee to replace the tank even though it's still under warranty. Today I'm told that they want $450 to replace it. This is the biggest rip-off EVER. I wish that I never ever heard of Hague. Totally not fair! Since I've had this system I've had an increase in my water bill because of water leaks, also mold from the water leaks in my garage. This is the worst investment EVER!

Hague Quality Water Company Information