4.15/5

Need a water treatment system?

Hague Quality Water

Need a water treatment system?

84 Hague Quality Water Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2014

I am a former Hague employee. My job? I called the names on the slips of paper that people would fill out at various events in and around Kansas City. They usually involved a drawing for a free ATV, automobile, Ipad, or some other expensive item. It's a great way to get people's information and you DO agree in the fine print to get a call about someone coming to your home to test your water for you for free, but what always nagged at me.... I never, ever, ever, heard of them giving away anything. You'd think they would have photos on the walls with the owner of Hague water and the winner of the brand new ATV/automobile/Ipad. You would think that they would be doing the drawing at one of those T-Bones games where they are signing people up at or one of the many other venues they have booths at.

My other main issue? You'd think that when you went to the trouble of setting an appointment in which both husband and wife were home.... that the salesman would actually SHOW UP! These salesmen pick and choose which appointments they will actually go out on based off of the people's income. I had a personal friend who I made an appointment for and he waited at home all afternoon and the guy never showed up to test his water or give him the demonstration. He actually wanted to buy a water filtration unit and would have bought one had the person showed.

Another way they are lacking in honesty is that they are supposed to be taking out certain coupons to these people. If I remember correctly it was something like $500 worth of restaurant coupons and a choice of two others. I would get calls back that the salesman forgot to bring their coupons out. Which was the whole point of the call. To let them know they had won a prize, one of three that they got to choose and since the guy would bring out the coupons to them he would do a free water test while he was there.

I haven't worked at Hague for years and years, but I've heard that some of the people that are managing that office now are not the most honest of people. The owner has prayer daily with his employees and says he is a Christian. I would hate to be anywhere near him when his judgment day comes as he gives the rest of us Christians a bad name. In closing, watch what you sign up for, do your homework on any company that you will have a long term relationship with, read the fine print, ask for references from other happy consumers/customers. If a company will lie about little stuff, they will lie about the big stuff.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

The faucet on our RO unit broke. I called Hague to get it replaced under the warranty. It's good for 25 years, right? The service guy comes out, charges me $95 just to come out. He then lets me know that he doesn't have that spout and he says that Hague doesn't make that spout any longer. It is $155 for the new spout and $62.50 to put it in. So for a warranty repair, it was $324.90. I could have bought the highest Consumer Reports RO unit for $180. Hague provides very little value for the money.

In researching them, while the repairman was here, I found this site. We are also having problems with clogged faucets with black grit. Another post alerted me that it was resin in the Hague water softener. My advice is to look elsewhere for your water quality needs. Hague forces the consumer to use their high cost service people and will not provide parts for people who can maintain the system themselves. I would urge the consumer to do their research before committing to a Hague system.

Original review: May 20, 2014

I bought a Hague Quality Water System 96MMBI in 2005. The story started from 28 October 2013, my Bosch washer stopped working with an E3 error code. I paid $150 service charge to fix the problem and the technician reported the drainage tube is blocked with sand and mud. And during the same week, my wife told me that the water flow of the faucet at the powder room run very slow. I called the plumber to check the line supply and water pressure and paid $80 for the service. He reported everything normal but he found out that there is a lot of sand-like mud sit between the filter of the faucet aerator and blocked the flow of the water. Also he found out the same substance in all toilet tank. I have to pay him $200 total to replace all four fill valves $25 parts and $25 labor - $50 for each. I was shocked. I realized that it is the resin from the Hague Quality water System. I called the company that I bought the system from, the Home Comfort Center Canada - Number one Hague Dealer. 9033 Leslie Street, unit 5-7 Richmond Hill On, L4B 4K3.

My contact is Mrs. **. She explains to me that it seem normal for 8 years usage and she asks me whether I kept the resin/substance for double check. Of course I have not kept it. I was told to monitor this issue and call her again if the situation goes worse. On 14th November, around three weeks later, my wife told me the water flow of the faucet run slow again. With no surprise, I found a big accumulation of the resin in the aerator. I gathered the resin and drive to Home Comfort Center to report the issue. The service technician, Gary visited me on Monday 18 November 2013 to diagnose and reported that the membrane is broken and caused the leakage, repair service charge is $565. The unit is only been used for 8 years in 4 people family. And Gary said that the problem was not caused by misusage or overloaded and he ever seen that happened, is very weird. Did I buy a LEMON?

This deflective issue caused me a lot to fix - My Bosch washer service - $150 Replace all four fill valves of the toilet tank - $200 Home Comfort - Service cost $565. All the problems are caused by your product, and not even mention about the resin that leak out, will cause any danger in my family health. I reserve the right to claim .I request a reimbursement $915 from the manufacturer- Hague Water System Intentional. I filed a complaint to BBB of Central Ohio on Dec 4, 2013.

I got an email on Jan 12, 2014, saying "Hague Quality Water International is attempting to deal with the customer in good faith but is should be recognized that we did not sell our product to the consumer. Requests of monetary compensation should be from the company with which the consumer transacted.

As stated in my previous response, the equipment has not been received by Hague Quality Water International, therefore it has not been inspected by Hague Quality Water International personnel to identify the cause of the defect. This is proper protocol and necessary so that an accurate conclusion can be reached as to what caused the malfunction. As a manufacturer, identifying the cause of a defect is a necessary and important procedure. There are many factors that affect the overall performance and longevity of a water treatment appliance. Not all equipment failures are caused by defects occurring in workmanship or materials or both. Once the equipment is received, it will be inspected and a conclusion will be reached."

On April 11, 2014, I got a confirmation from the Home Comfort Center that the deflective unit is shipped back to the Hague Quality Water International on their expense at the end of March. On May 13 2014, I got an email from Hague Quality Water International, "We are in receipt of your complaint number 9828036. In rereading the previous correspondence it is apparent that our response was not clear on our position. We did not sell our product directly to the complainant so the complaint should not be lodged against our company. Please transfer the complaint to whomever the complainant transacted business", and today I got email from BBB "Upon BBB's review of your original complaint against Hague Quality Water International, you have asked as a resolution that they reimburse you $915.00 which represents your out of pocket costs. Hague Quality Water International responded to your complaint in December 2013 stating that their limited warranty to the original owner of the equipment does not cover any service calls, labor costs or shipping costs. Based on the information provided by Hague Quality Water International, it appears your requested resolution is outside the scope of Hague Quality Water International's limited warranty."

I am very disappointed and hopefully somehow can get help on the issue. The membrane is broken is the fact and the resins are the evidence. That is no doubt about it. As a consumer, I don't need to know the reason why. The unit is only used for 8 years which is within the manufacturer 15 years warranty period. The failure reflects the quantity of the component and the design of the unit cannot tolerate under normal usage. I paid $915 to get this problem fixed .- for the details, please reference to the compliant email. The compensation I am now asking, is fair and reasonable. It is because as a manufacturer, Hague Quality Water International, should stand firm supporting and take the respond of the failure their products.

Original review: May 7, 2014

I purchased a Watermax 7 years ago and I can't imagine my life without it! Best decision my husband and I made. Had our water tested and saw for our own eyes how disgusting the water is. If you care about your long term health I definitely recommend you call and make an appointment to have your water tested by this company. As soon as you see for your own eyes you will be sold! Made in the USA and has a 25 year warranty compared to other systems which are made in China and have no warranty. Great staff! Smooth installation! Happy customers!

Original review: March 9, 2014

Relocated to Manteca from Angels Camp one year ago. We brought our hague water softener with us. I tried to get a hague dealer in Modesto to program my unit multiple times. Each time, I have not even received a return call. I tried to program this unit myself, however not knowing the condition or testing the water the unit is not working correctly. When working, we are satisfied with this water softener. Hague servicing stinks. I am considering purchasing another softener if we can't get service for this unit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hague Quality Water International?

Original review: March 6, 2014

This maintenance free system lost water pressure and also noted water in pallet compartment. Dealer refused to come and referred to another dealer, who came and have no answer to problem. What could be problem in system? Please help if anybody can suggest solution.

Original review: March 6, 2014

Got a call saying I won 1 of 3 gifts they were giving out after they come out to test our water. Several attempts made to come and do this but two days of calls postponing visit. Once the visit happened, we were sold. Told we would get a call the next day for installation arrangements but nothing. The wife called the salesman several times and no call back. The first time I called the company they kept me on hold for 10 minutes and never came back to the phone. I called a 2nd time and was told I would get a call back that day after they figured out why the agreement hadn't been met. This is a sign of a miserable relationship and I don't want to pursue it now after signing whatever I signed.

Original review: March 1, 2014

Installed two years ago. Fast talking salesman promised the world. He would only speak on the phone and refused to visit my house to test my water or anything. He had a third party do the install because he doesn't have a service department. After six months there were several problems including black powder in my water and my eyes burning in the shower. I called the salesman and he sent out a second third party to fix the problem. The technician said that the system had never worked and changed some things with the installation. When he was finished the technician showed that the unit was now working by testing the water before and after the repairs. He wouldn't elaborate on what caused the problems and charged me $300.00 for the repairs.

I objected that this should be a warranty visit and I shouldn't be liable for repairs to a new unit that had never functioned properly. He said that this was an issue between me and Fast Talker and he was only told to make a service call. I called Fast Talker and he said that this was not a warranty issue and he was not obliged to pay for the repairs. When I argued the point, he agreed to pay half. After a few weeks, I called again to ask where my money was and started to curse and said "F... Y.." over and over again. After several future attempts to get my money I gave up. I called the factory to complain and they did everything that they could to just get me to hang up. They did promise to have the regional sales manager call me about the abusive dealer but that never happened.

Now I have a new problem that seemed simple so I called the factory to ask for technical assistance. I asked a man only identified as Rick why my salt tank was filling with water. He said that he "didn't know" and these issues were handled through his dealer network. I explained that I had no desire to talk to any of the crooks he calls dealers. I asked how long he had been with the company and he said 25 years. Seeing that he worked for a company for 25 years that sells one product I felt it incredulous that he would have no knowledge of such a simple problem that they have seen tens of thousands of times.

Apparently, lying to customers is part of the Hague corporate culture. Just say, "I am not going to tell you because we want you to pay $300.00 to one of our worthless dealers to do a 15 minute job"? Part of the Hague marketing is a 25 Year LIMITED Warranty. I now see that this item that was featured on the home page is now buried under FAQ's. I think the limits include any problem the homeowner may experience. I am Sales Manager for a manufacturer whose products are also sold to homeowners. I spend my day talking to homeowners and dealers as well, answering their every question so that they will have the best buying experience possible.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2014

The house I bought had the Water Max system already in it. It never did much to the well water. The unit leak constantly. The dealer replaced the unit which the new unit he gave me leaked even more. His plumber supposedly fixed it several times. The water quality was horrible. Due to the bad plumbing I had replace my floor. H&H Water World, ** in Eastern Kentucky is who I have to deal with. Beware.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2014

I received a call and was asked to come in for an interview. When I arrived punctually as asked I was sent to a conference room where someone else was sitting and asked to fill out an application. While doing so someone came in and talked about the history of the company and explained we would be collecting water samples. I was expecting to be interviewed for a job as an installation tech. Obviously that didn't happen. Our last instruction was to call back today to find out if they were interested in me or not.

When I called back they wanted my social security number supposedly to run a credit check. When I asked why they did that (everyone knows that every peek at your credit has possible negative consequences) they told me maybe they would run a background check. Okay which is it? I have never given out my SSN prior to employment. This feels very hinky almost like they were trying to find out if I can afford one of their extremely expensive systems. Potential candidates beware. It's never a good idea to hand out your SSN prior to either employment or a formal interview where legal documents are signed limiting the use of your SSN.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2014

Do not use or refer this business to anyone; not even your enemies! THE NAME OF THIS BUSINESS IS HAGUE QUALITY WATER / NORTHERN PLUMBING & SOFTENING / KES EQUIPMENT & SALES. Someone should shut this business down for good!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2013

Called them and wanted to see if I could buy a part from them. It was a simple fix and they said they will not sell parts to individuals. That I would have to have a service person out and pay $80.00 for a service call. They were very rude and didn't want to talk to me at all. I had a way around that and bought my part somewhere else. I have a Maximizer and overall it was a good unit. But you better hope nothing goes wrong with it.

Original review: July 20, 2013

Like many other people we have found the service after the sale is horrible. When it came down to the purchase contract we, like many, planned to do the lease option but the price kept coming down so we eventually went with the outright purchase. Since then the service has been basically non existent. You are supposed to get free soap and other cleaning supplies. Other than what was delivered when the system was installed, we have not been able to get any more supplies. We also found the laundry detergent grows mold quite well.

The first annual service was fine but now we keep scheduling and the tech just doesn't show up (in fact they were supposed to be here today). So far we have been lucky because the system has worked like they promised. I am just hoping we don't have to get into the "warranty". Just as a warning we did not opt for the reverse osmosis system but when the installer showed up he said he was required to install it or he couldn't install the system. I can be quite the ** and after the company threatened to take us to court for the cost and I told them to set the date they waived the fee. The contract had "NO RO" in all caps written across it.

Original review: July 5, 2013

I purchased this unit in 2009, and a used one because new was just too expensive. The used system came with a twenty-five-year warranty though, so it seemed like a very good decision. My sales rep, who I will not mention the name of, had been with the company for around twenty-five years and pretty much presented himself as a top-notch expert with all of the answers.

During his presentation, we talked about financing. One financing option that I was admittedly against was an option that put a lien on my house but made financing easier. I WAS COMPLETELY AGAINST THIS OPTION, as no water system is worth putting a lien on your house for (it's not that serious!). Therefore, I chose another financing option that included a certain down payment. This information is important, because nearly four years later, when I was in the process of refinancing my house, I was informed I had a lien on my house from this company. WOW, it was difficult to get straight answers from the company regarding the lien, but a representative finally told me that they do it to guarantee you pay the loan (the lien was for the remaining balance of about $1700.00). When I told her I never elected for a lien to be put on my house, she pretty much said, "It was in the fine print." I just ended up paying the remaining balance to release the lien to refinance my house.

Also, it cost about $170 for a technician to come out once a year and change the filter. I was not made aware that any visits outside of that would cost $100, but I had to call the company out when I noticed my salt level not going down over a period of two and a half months. The technician said the wire had broken. At that point, I found out the twenty-five-year warranty was only on certain things, and they told me because my system is so old and they do not make it anymore, I could upgrade the computer for around $600.

I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to let this company nickel-and-dime for the next twenty-five years with a system that they know will eventually start to fail and will become very costly. I also failed to mention that the last time they came out to change my filter, the technician said the membrane was not good and that was another $170 to fix. What is so angry to me about this whole system is the expert salesman did not explain to me how much it would cost to maintain. He made it seem like the machine is good for the next twenty-five years. Well, you might say good salesman because he did his job and sold a system, but I say not, because I am on this website and if the machine breaks again, I am not going to fix it.

Original review: April 21, 2013

This company hires people tricking them into thinking they are getting employment. What they are doing is selling that person on the idea that this is a great product. The goal is to have them get their closest friends and family to buy a system to help them out. Once the person has sold a few systems, they are more than likely to quit and move on to a real job or career. Hague doesn't care. They made a quick couple sales and care very little about the product quality. The Denver owner is now in prison and scammed thousands of people. The Kansas City office has been found guilty of the same thing. Topeka, Kansas is a spin-off of the Kansas City branch. Do not trust these folks. You will regret it!

Original review: March 28, 2013

The Hague water softener that I purchased does not flush the brine out of the tank after it regenerates. The first 50 gallons of water after each regeneration is salty and contaminated with iron and other salts. We have tried repeatedly to resolve the problem with both the dealer and the manufacturer with no success and no offer for restitution. Do not buy a Hague softener as there is no service available. The 25-year warranty is meaningless.

Original review: March 11, 2013

What can I say? I had bad, hard, chlorinated water that my wife and I couldn't stand and the Hague Watermax completely helped eliminate our water problems. I have had the system for 7 years and have had absolutely zero maintenance other than adding salt once every 6 or 7 months. They keep in touch with us making sure all is good and we have a great working relationship with them. I'm not sure who the heck or why there are negative comments on this website but felt it not reflective of our experience. So for whatever it's worth to anyone out there reading this, Hague has been only great for us and we recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2013

We've had the unit in Flower Mound (DFW Metroplex) since 2005. Cost was around $4000 installed including an assumed service contract. Other than when it breaks down, we've been happy with the performance, though it works quite a bit better with Potassium than Sodium salt. We originally got a service contract with the unit from the authorized dealer, but they went out of business within a year. It was difficult finding a local replacement and the new guy wouldn't honor the service contract. Hague wouldn't respond to this complaint beyond telling us who the authorized repair person was. He went out of business too.

Several years went by and the unit stopped functioning. Finally, we found a new service rep. When he came, he found slugs crawling around and one had shorted the computer (which was working before he showed up). Well, I haven't seen slugs before or since. You'd think slugs would avoid an area near a salt tank, just saying. You can read into this what you want. So, $700 later with a new computer and a change over to Sodium salt (because Potassium salt had gone up in price by 10x), we got a cold snap and the control valve froze and broke. Another large pile of cash later ($400), that gets fixed. Now, two years later, there is another minor cold snap and the unit is leaking. There is carbon outside of the unit so I assume the filter pack froze and broke. The last guy isn't returning phone calls so we've contacted another Hague rep way out in east Texas.

Note that a regular plumber won't touch it. Apparently, it requires specialized tools and Hague won't sell the parts to anyone but an authorized dealer. That should also be a hint. They're quoting more than $650 to fix and they don't take credit cards. Since I'm in the process of moving, this is a major problem and there is an ongoing water leak. I asked how much to pull the thing out of the ground and they said "free" if they could keep the parts. I think I'll have a regular plumber come out and yank the thing and sell the parts on eBay. Maybe I can recoup some of these ridiculously high maintenance costs.

I can't say I'd recommend buying a unit unless you have lots of disposable cash and time on your hands to deal with the revolving door of authorized dealers who overcharge heavily in my opinion. I don't imagine this review will accomplish much. I do hope to add to the negative PR in the hopes that no one else gets burned.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2012

In June 2012, I selected dealer #560 from the Hague website. Stan was kind enough to come out, take a water sample and assure me the water treatment system could remove the iron and other things from my well water. The system was installed on June 30, 2012 and has never operated correctly. I mailed the warranty card to Hague the same weekend. After several warranty calls and complaints, Stan had me call another dealer to fix the unit. I was charged $350 for parts and labor because those things are not covered by warranty. The unit did not work but a few days, and went back to 'home not found' alarm. Other dealer came out, removed tank and sent to Hague in Ohio.

Latest report: They told us, "Give us $600+ to replace tank and we will fix the unit." I have spoken with Eric ** and Pat **. Both promised to get back to me but neither has. My request is simple. Honor the warranty and give me a working system or pick up this junk and give me back my $3,600. I have been without water for two weeks and less than acceptable water since June 30. Hague claims there is sand in the water even though I have a sand separator installed. They want to sell me a different sand separator, osmosis water system, etc. Dealer #560 is supposedly no longer a dealer and yet they tell me I have to go to him to resolve this. This makes me believe warranty is useless. I know there is no customer service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2012

A lady came and did the demonstration about 5 yrs ago. She said what she was trained to say, not her fault, but it was dishonest and misleading. We bought the product and when they came and installed it and the company rep was here to write up the contract, everything changed. They just nearly had a stroke over the idea that we wanted to go for the 10-yr. lease plan that they sold the system based upon. We had figured the cost of supplies, servicing, etc. and everything else and with all that, the interest rate was only about 8%. He told us we were wrong and just refused to sell it to us on a lease. We were not trying to get the price down but when he came down to the actual price of the unit, around $3500, we finally caved in.

We never heard another word for 3 yrs., then suddenly they are telling us we must have a service check up - it will be $179 but we will get a free refill of supplies along with it. That was a good deal, no problem, except they kept messing up the supply order. It took us six months to finally get it all, then we got an extra 4 gal. of laundry detergent. We tried to send it back - they said no. Within 11 months, we started getting more calls, telling us we must now have a carbon change every 12-15 months or our warranty will be voided.

We kept putting them off. Finally, we let them make an appointment to shut them up and then called and cancelled it. We're trying to explain to them that only 2 people are living here now and we did not need a carbon change yet. The guy finally came last week, about 2 yrs after the last one. They all keep saying that "new management" has changed policies. I keep telling them that all the new management in the world can't change the original agreement we had. Oh, and now, there is no product with the service call at all. I have to buy it and have it shipped and it is horribly expensive and the company that makes it is only about 25 miles from me. We love the system, hate the horrid customer service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2012

My Hague water conditioner has done a good job for 17 years except for twice having to be disassembled, parts cleaned, and freed up in a sticking brine assembly. But when I recently sought assistance with new parts for the brine valve assembly (still with 8 years remaining on the warranty), I was informed that such parts are no longer available. I spoke directly to the company headquarters. The spokesman said that the assembly has been changed and that the parts discontinued after it was no longer feasible to get them from the 3rd party supplier. No offer of a workaround was made. No particular concern for my predicament was indicated. I suspect that the elder Mr. Hauge, who initially offered a 25-year warranty, is now out of the picture; and a young set of heirs or purchasers with less integrity have taken over. I will use this unit so long as I can patch it up and then look elsewhere for a more trustworthy source. Caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware!

Original review: June 19, 2012

In this tough economy I found a company that is trying to do it right while staying in front of the decreasing market. It seems that on here everyone seemed to be confused by the lingo used. Every word is used to give you a good impression and make you feel comfortable. They never say that it will heal all of your problems just that there are many reviews and customer testimonials about what it has done. It is not a cure all system by any means. If you read the fine print on the warranty, you’ll see that it does not cover all and the things it does cover do sometimes require a partial payment. If they did say these things, those were underhanded sales men which is why those offices are no longer in operation.

The system overall is amazing and much better than anything else out there. It does need to be adjusted to each home it is installed in and unfortunately sometimes, this takes quite a few tries as it is not an exact science. The annual service is expensive but when you figure in cost of material plus labor and fuel, it is reasonable. If the dealer in your area has gone under, you can contact any other office within your state and they should be able to direct you to the one who will service you.

I've found this company to be happy to help with any questions or concerns but you do need to read the fine print. They do not control the financing companies just like if you purchase a car. The soap company that they work with is also individually operated and they do their best to set it up for you. But it is on you to make sure you receive the soap you want. I would not ever have said, oh I need a water filtration unit until I heard of Hague and now, I can't imagine living without it. The fact that each one is small and family owned is quite nice although it means it leaves a lot of responsibility on each employee.

Original review: May 9, 2012

I purchased a WaterMax 60 Series system from a company called Advanced Environmental Concepts and a dealer of Hague Company. The salesperson charged me $7,500, and promised me free gifts like 5 years in free soaps, doubling the offer as I have a big family. I was promised $500 in grocery coupons, $100 restaurant coupons and 3 days and 8 vacation places. I was not told that I will need a new filter for our reverse osmosis drinking water and I was told that the annual service is free and they can move them. The pressure tank is leaking and the dealer wants to charge $229 to come for the service. I am thinking about disputing this with the credit card company. What advice or help can I get? Thanks.

Original review: May 9, 2012

This company's sales tactics are completely dishonest and intentionally misleading. They will quote you a relatively competitive price for the system and then offer you a too good to be true deal on a lease to buy an agreement whereby you will receive free service for your system during the lifetime of the lease, or in our case 60 months. The salesman convinced us that if we terminated the agreement within 90 days, all payments we made would apply to the purchase and so would the downpayment. The salesman also promised in writing that he would call to remind us of the 90-day option. That call never came and we unfortunately did not see the fine print that if we cancelled outside the 90-day window, we would only receive credit for 50% of all lease payments. What the contract also failed to mention was that they charged a significant interest rate on this so called loan totaling more than 25% by my calculations and nowhere in the contract is that mentioned. Under this arrangement, the cost of your original $3,320 system is actually $5,167.01. If you try to pay off early, they charge you a damage assessment. I'm bringing this one to my lawyer to see what, if any, recourse I may have. Do not do business with this company!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

My experience with this company is like a freaking joke. None of these people are educated and if they are, they must have gotten their degree at Pot Smoking University. They do not care about their techs at all. These guys work their butts for nothing. They drive for miles, hundreds of miles and a lot of times they work 16 hour days and end up maybe making $70.00 by the time there done. ** McDonald pays more than that, and they aren't wasting fuel like these guys do. It's absurd!

These guys turn around and tell them to drive back to the same town the next day. You would think that someone that could rip you off so well could schedule 2 jobs on the same day. Duh! Instead of running these poor guys around for less than McDonald's pays. I have had them in my home. I have heard many stories from lots of other people about the way this owner treats these guys.

All I can say to the one running this circus is that what comes around goes around and you really should think about that. Start having some compassion for your employees and quit lying to your customers and take responsibility for what you have created. My Mother always said "You get more flies with honey! Anyway just think about this for awhile maybe your business will pick up and your employees will respect you a little bit if you change your attitude towards them and towards your customers.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2011

This company really doesn't know what they are doing. They have two office managers, one smokes weed all day. They lie to customers. They do not give you the real price of the machines when they are selling them to you, over six times of how much they have been purchased at. The actual machine itself only cost $800.00. So as a person that knows Hague for as long as I do, I would not recommend purchasing anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2011

I just purchased a new home and a salesman came door to door selling water softeners by Hague WaterMax. He claimed that I could get financed easily and that they would install it within two days. But a week after the installation, my skin started having a bad reaction to the water. I started getting rashes and bumps all over. The drinking water has a bad odor and tastes like charcoal. I called the only number I had, which was the salesman's, but he was no help at all. He said that the finance company still needed to finalize my loan and they couldn't do anything to help me until I did so.

So, we can't take showers, brush our teeth or anything in my home that requires water until I finalize my loan. They must think I'm stupid. If your product is causing problems for me and my family after only one week of use, I"m not finalizing nothing. Since I had no down payment and no payments made, I'm not losing any money. However, I am considering of suing them because the company denied me and my family help with our water. If that is the case, they never should have installed it in the first place!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2011

Hague water company called and told my wife to have me call them back about an ATV I have put in for to win. I called them back and Sarah answered and had me speak with, I believe, his name was Collin or Cameron. He told me that I had been pre-selected to win one of 3 prizes, but that I needed to answer a few questions first. He proceeded to ask me all of the questions that I had filled out on the form to win the ATV.

I went along and answered them because it’s not like they didn't already have this information from my form anyway. When he found out that I already had a water softener in my home, he said he would put my entry form back in for the drawing for the ATV. I told him that he had already told me that I was pre-selected for one of three prizes and he told me that I would have been if I didn't already have a water softener. But he told me that he again would put my info back in for the ATV.

I told him that I thought the drawing for the ATV had already taken place and he said that it hadn't. Then I asked him when the drawing was and he told me he "didn't have any idea". I knew something was up way before this point, so I told them to take me off their call list and not contact me again.

In the middle of telling them to take me off the call list, I was hung up on. I called them right back and got ahold of Sarah again. I asked why I was hung up on and if that was their normal way of conducting business. Sarah told me I was not hung up on and that he had even told me goodbye! Yeah, right!

I then told her to take me off their call list and she told me that she didn't have just any call list. She went by the cards that were submitted for winning prizes. I told her that the guy had just taken down all of my information so that he could find my entry form, and she said he had already thrown it away. So I then said, “Ok, so I will not be contacted by your company again, correct?” She told me that she still had to go through all of the entry forms and I would still be getting a call back when they pulled out my entry form. I told her that she had already told me that Collin or Cameron had already said he needed my info to find the form and that she had already told me that he threw it away. Her only response to this was that I would still be getting a call again.

I made sure she knew and understood that I did not want to be contacted by this company again and to not call me. Then I said goodbye, as did she, and I hung up.

These people have my information, and many other people’s information, and it sounds like they have no idea what they are doing with it. I do not believe that my information is safe with them and think they are a scam company that is just trying to take advantage of people.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2011

This company called as courtesy call and wanted to test our water. The man came over and did some tests and told us our water had dog feces from the runoff of the streets into the water supply. He said we would get kidney stones and we wouldn't get acid reflux anymore. He asked if we wanted the system and that it could be kept on a trial basis and sent back anytime. He also told us that we would receive a free five-year green cleaning supply of soap and that a certain website would give us coupons for anything we buy. He promised my husband no payments and no interest for six months will be made. However, when the bill finally came, we almost fell to the floor! They had charged us for the supposedly "free" six months and according to them, we owe 20,000 dollars.

Ever since the system was installed, it broke and flooded our kitchen floor, damaging the cabinet works. I still have a one-year warranty and as we checked the folders to look for any contact numbers, we only found one number. It was in Ohio and when we called, the company told us there was nothing they can do for us. So we attempted to call all the companies using the company brand name and everyone told us they stopped selling them because the company does not hold up their merchandise or warranties. I feel that we have been totally deceived and this has been extremely stressful. I didn't think I needed to pay for a product that we were lied to about and has been broke anyway after it was installed. The negotiated price of $86, which was barely in our budget, was stretched to a $176 per month and not being able to pay this has destroyed our credit and our lives. Now the finance company is threatening to have us investigated.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2010

I had an in home demonstration done on the 1st of July 2008 and after much deliberation because of my finances, I finally agreed to purchase the unit that had been used for a short period of time by someone else. I was put on a 90 Day No Payment/ No Interest-Code "90NOP". My son had trouble finding a job to help make the monthly payment of $99 and I couldn't do it myself.

I got real upset and called them to come get the unit and was told that I had taken out a loan and was responsible. I would have to sell the unit to another individual to pay off what I owed. At this time, my son is currently working and now we need the rest of the product that is due us and there is no one in the Joplin Phonebook to call.

They are not listed and the number on the Business card is no longer in service. It went to a Nancy **, General Manager. I am really put out by all of it that I would not recommend this Company to anyone. I still owe $4,252.97 at 17.990%. The loan is through Aqua Finance Inc., PO **, Milwaukee, WI 53201-3256. The representative that did the demonstration is the one that called Nancy. I believe and the loan was set up that way.

Hague Quality Water Company Information