2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5
Get a Quote

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA.

General Steel has become the industry leader and most trusted pre-engineered buildings brand in the world by offering our customers the most experienced team in the industry and the highest quality buildings available. Our team will provide solutions that will guide you through a successful project beginning at inception through the completion of your construction project.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and our team will stop at nothing to make sure your project is a true success!

General Steel Call Now Toll Free (800) 745-2685 Learn More Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Jacob was extremely responsive to questions and very good with follow-up, as were all GS staff. I have to admit I was surprised by the aggressiveness of all GS personnel in following up with this deal to make sure we got everything done quickly, although I did not regard this aggressiveness as inappropriate. I would have appreciated some deeper discounts for a returning customer, as the building price was close to being undercut by the competition in Phoenix (Southwest Buildings). However, your referral for an affordable setup crew was the selling point. The crew obtained seems to know how to do this pretty well, and presented themselves for unloading very promptly and with the correct equipment. Thanks again for a good experience with GS buildings (they're putting up the building as we speak, so I'm assuming it won't fall over and prompt a less-than-happy review)!

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Conor has gone above reg. customer service to help me with this project. To me it feels like he is invested in my project and determined to get me what I want. I know I am hard to work with (retired salesperson) but he takes it in stride and gets us back on project. I think that Conor ** is a great asset to your company and should be recognized as one. Everyone I have talked to from your company has been great to work with.

General Steel response

Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Conor as well as our other team members you have worked with. Conor is without a doubt a valuable member of our team as he represents the level of service every customer can expect from everyone here at General Steel. Please share pictures of your project with Conor and your Project Coordinator, we all love to see the results of our team's hard work and dedication.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

This will be the first metal building I have ever bought so my wife and I have a ton of questions on purchasing one. We have been shopping and looking for the best possible deal and also the strongest and most reliable buildings. We have 4 youngins and don’t won’t to settle for the what ifs but the I knows. We live in south Louisiana and have just experienced a cat 3 hurricane. I also work off shore and I don’t want to leave my family in a what if building.

Upon calling General Steel we spoke to Tobin ** and had a ton of questions for him and he answered every one with a great attitude. He also insured us that your buildings were rated for 160 mph wind load which gave me a piece of mind. I didn’t feel like we were getting played like before. Tobin did a good job by making us feel like we were making the right deal. He also welcomed us to the General Steel family. All the other companies we called were pretty much what if’s because they did not offer what General Steel offers - good attitude and a piece of mind. I will be recommending General Steel to others.

General Steel response

Charles, thank you for your positive feedback on your experience with Tobin and for sharing why you ultimately chose General Steel for your project. The reasons you outlined throughout your review are what truly sets our company apart from the alternatives. I'm certain you made the right decision for your family, our buildings do have a history of enduring hurricanes such as Katrina (174 mph wind) and Sandy (115 mph wind). We appreciate your business and any referrals you send our way.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My experience with the customer service was the best I have experienced! John was very helpful and if there was something that he could not help me with he forwarded me to the people who could. I will definitely recommend Gen. Steel to other farmers!

General Steel response

Chad, hearing that our service was the best you've experienced is encouraging for not only Jon but all of the members of our project support team. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction on every phone call and every building we deliver. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future customers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I worked with Collin M, he was professional and very knowledgeable of the product and able to answer many (first time buyer questions) regarding these type of structures and able to give pros and cons of the competitors. Collin was not pushy when it come to the sale as other salesman and took the time to explain in detail and make changes in design as needed. I will be ordering my second building from him soon.

General Steel response

Patrick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Collin is a valued member of our team and is a great representation of the ethical sales training all members of our sales team receive. I'm sure you will find our Project Coordinators and fulfillment division equally professional. Thank you for choosing The General, we will look forward to working with you on your next project.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Wanted to take a moment to thank the Building Services Group and specifically Bruce. I had a really great experience dealing with him on my purchase of my 30x40x12. He made the entire transaction really smooth and went out of his way to make sure I was happy about how things turned out. I think he and his group is an invaluable asset to the company and people like that stand out to customers. Thank you!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Zachary was a complete pleasure to work with. His knowledge of the product, professionalism, his patience with our endless amount of questions was phenomenal. We are incredibly thankful for all his help and would highly recommend others to work directly with him.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I chose General Steel for my project based on their reputation and competitive pricing. Ken ** has been my main contact at General Steel and my experience with him has been excellent. Ken has always been assiduous and responsive to the various aspects of developing my steel building order.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Megan was super helpful and made sure that we had all the logistics of getting our order delivered to our home, which can be super crazy because of where we live, in order. She was incredibly professional and super sweet which made it a joy to work with her! Thank you so much for your outstanding customer service Megan! We appreciated you so much!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

My project experienced numerous delays due to the rain. The building the site was not ready. The timing was critical a minimum wait time unloader was needed at another job the same day. Thanks to Megan's hard work the truck arrived right on time and saved me a lot of money.

General Steel author review by Joseph Truini

General Steel Buildings, based in Colorado, is widely regarded as a leader in the steel building industry. Operating for more than 20 years, General Steel has grown from a supply company to a full-service construction company.​

• Range of services: General Steel is a full-service company that helps clients plan and construct a steel building.

• Prominent clients: The company has proven its reputation by working with some outstanding clients, including the White House, NASA, Disney, GM and Boeing.

• Time in business: General Steel has been constructing steel buildings for two decades.

• Free quote: If clients have an idea for a steel building they'd like to buy or build, General Steel will give a free initial consultation and quote for the customers so they know how much a project will cost before they commit.

• Regular specials offered: General Steel Buildings offers rotating specials on buildings via its website, which means customers can find regular sales and value prices.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

General Steel Company Information