4.7/5 (36 ratings)

About General Steel

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA. The company has become an industry leader and offers customer a highly experienced team. This team will provide solutions to guide you through a successful project.

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I’m purchasing a 50x100 building to have a living compartment as well as Warehouse and a commercial kitchen to have a home run business! Very courteous and knowledgeable staff! Great prices and service! Most important thing is that they are from Coloado and I’m sure they can support other states too! Great people to do business with! Thank you

General Steel response

Peter, thank you for taking some time to share your experience with our team. We appreciate the positive feedback and that you chose General Steel for your project. We look forward to making sure it's a success!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

We just completed the ordering of a 60' by 120' building for a workshop and storage. Chase ** walked us through the process with much patience and professionalism. The design changed a number of times, and he kept on top of all the changes and updated them promptly. We are now working with our project coordinator Ryan ** who called promptly to get the process moving.

General Steel response

Hi Steven, thank you for sharing your positive feedback and for mentioning Chase by name. Chase is a very valuable member of our team, I'm not surprised he took great care of you. I'm sure you will find Ryan equally dedicated. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project, thanks again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I recently purchased a building from General Steel. My salesman Ben helped guide me through this process. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. I spoke to several other manufacturers before deciding on General Steel. It was his service that was the primary deciding factor. I would recommend that anyone who is in the market for a steel building call him, and see why they clearly a better choice.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

It has been an privilege working with Bailey ** and Ronald ** with the Team at General Steel Corporation; they have guided me through the process of purchasing an 30’ (Width) by 80’ (Length) by 10’ (Height) Engineered Building. They were extremely friendly and responsive in pointing out several possible issues with my initial plans, and provide me the assistance I needed in recommending adjustments, which they assisted me in incorporating into my purchase. Once I complete this project I plan to come back to the General Steel Team for future projects that I am considering now, and I will recommend Bailey and Ronald by name to anyone who is looking for a similar building solution. I am greatly appreciative of their help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Just ordered building from General Steel, people are easy to work with, no high pressure sales like I got at a couple of other places, they answered all my questions. Several folks have followed up with me to make sure the order is right! It has been a pleasant experience thus far. Thanks.

General Steel response

Hi Billy, thank you for the detailed review. It's great to hear you found our team to be informative and willing to work at your pace. It's our goal to meet every customer where they are in the process of building and provide effective solutions and guidance. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project, we'll make sure your project is successful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

We worked with Tyler on a few different spec of a building. We was great to work with. No pressure and was very flexible and patient. We ended up purchasing a 30x90 Steel Building which will be transformed into a Non-Emergency Medical fleet building, complete with 3 automotive bays. We look forward to getting into the final details and delivery. Very pleased so far.

General Steel response

Hi Cheryl, thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate you highlighting Tyler's dedication to your project. Tyler has been with us for a long time and is very experienced, your project is in great hands. Thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and providing detail into the type of building you purchased, it's always interesting to learn how our customers will use their new space.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Great experience with Josh ** and Ronald **. Both answered all my questions the same day I reached out to them and helped with understand each step. They were both a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend General Steel for your metal building needs.

General Steel response

Hi Jessica, thank you for the recommendation, that's the greatest compliment we can ask for. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and especially for pointing out Josh and Ron's work on your project, our team is really what sets our company apart. We look forward to ensuring a successful project through the completion of construction.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My experience with General Steel was great. I worked with Collin and Lauren, they made the transaction work flawlessly. A very professional company with competitive pricing and great customer service. I was impressed with the quick responses and willingness to work with my needs to get the project underway.

General Steel response

Hi Joseph, thank you very much for choosing General Steel for your project. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and highlight Lauren and Collin's dedication to your project. Your comments reflect exactly what our team strives for in every project. Thanks again, we are looking forward to continuing to deliver an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have ordered from them before and am super happy with the warehouse I got in the past. With my new project, I reached out to get quotes on several different sized warehouses to see what would work best for me. Logan ** helped me throughout the process and was phenomenal! Logan was by far one of the best reps I have ever worked with on any project. We ended up settling on a 50' x 100' warehouse to the exact specs I needed. I would definitely recommend General Steel and working with Logan!!!!

General Steel response

Hey Ryan, thank you for taking some time to write a thoughtful review and especially for mentioning Logan's dedication to your project. We appreciate your recommendation and that you chose General Steel for your project.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Worked with Alex M. inquiring about steel building prices and features. He was very helpful, answering all of my questions. He even told me of a special offer where I could purchase a larger building for the same price as the smaller building for which I was inquiring. Of course, I went with the larger building. Also worked with Steve B. and Bill B., who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Will recommend General Steel to my friends.

General Steel response

Hi Anthony, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and for pointing out Steve, Bill, and Alex's hard work on your project. Behind every successful project is a dedicated team, from design through the completion of construction, your project is in great hands.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased a 80 ft x 20 ft storage unit with 20 units. General Steel salesperson and customer service were very helpful. They even spoke with my bank to help me finish my deal. Very professional and always answered any questions I had quickly.

General Steel response

Hi Aaron, thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It's great to hear the team assigned to your project went the extra mile, I'm sure your experience with other members of our team, from your Project Coordinator to procurement and delivery will be just as good. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I worked with Alex ** in sales. This guy is a super patient person! I called in and spoke with him for at-least 2 years before I decided to make a purchase. He always answered my questions and did his best to help as he could without me being an existing client. He even called the city planning and zoning for me to determine if I should move forward with a project. The city denied that particular project, but Alex still took my calls and worked with me after that. I was always very hesitant in moving forward, Alex at some point must have thought I wasn't serious...and still he continued to work with me patiently. I think I'm in good hands with Gen Steel!

General Steel response

Kevin, thank you for such a thoughtful review. I really appreciate you highlighting Alex and his dedication to your project. At General Steel, it's our goal to provide our customers with a solution no matter where they are in the process of building. It sounds like Alex met you where you were every step of the way and provided the guidance you needed at the time. Thanks for continuing to turn to us when you needed help navigating your project.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I worked with Logan ** to order a steel structure building and he was beyond professional & helpful. He always answered any of my questions in a timely manner. He explained things to me that I was confused on. All of the service I received with General Steel has been amazing!

General Steel response

Hi Brittany, thank you for taking the time to share your review and for highlighting Logan's hard work on your project. I'm sure you will find the rest of the team assigned to your project equally knowledgeable and easy to work with. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The team I've worked with has been phenomenal. Ben and Ryan have not only been knowledgeable, they've been very patient and kind throughout the process, guiding me through many technicalities I never even thought of. I couldn't have found a nicer group of people to deal with. I will be using them again on my next project.

General Steel response

Hi Deedra, I appreciate you taking the time to point out Ben and Ryan's hard work on your project. Both have been with us a long time, your project is in great hands. Thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and your endorsement for a future project is the best compliment we can receive. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

General Steel has been helpful with my project, Conner got me started and the rest of the team have been getting us moving forward on getting my steel building ready for it to hit the production line and shipped out. When the building shows up all the fun starts as we opted to set it up ourselves, I’ll send pictures or videos of us setting it up so General Steel can have a actual video of their building being put up by customers.

General Steel response

Hi Waylon, it's great to hear you found the team working on your project to be attentive to your timeline. I think you'll find putting the building together straightforward, but rest assured, if you have any questions your Project Coordinator will be available every step of the way. We would love to see progress shots and of course, pictures of the completed building.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Working with Canaan ** was a great experience, we learned the process of ordering a building from General Steel. We worked through what our needs were and what General Steel could provide us. We were on vacation when we first sent in the request for a building quote and Canaan was able to work with our schedule to keep the order on track and receive the sale price.

General Steel response

Hi Ronald, thank you for highlighting Canaan's dedication to your project, he's a valuable member of our team. WE appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I worked with Josh ** initially when I called. I was just getting quotes in order for me to build storage units. Josh was excellent to work with. I called multiple times with several questions as I was going through the process figuring out everything with my business venture. I ordered 11,000 sq. ft. worth of building. Josh gave me a great price to sq. ft. for me to figure my numbers on to determine how much of a building I could buy with the funds I had available. His estimates were accurate for when it came time to purchase.

After the down payment I've been worked with closely along the way by the rest of the team who has been quick to follow-up and be there as I've had questions. Jonah ** was the next person I was passed to for the construction phase of the project and he's been excellent! Everyone I've worked with has been so great. I've already recommended them to several family and friends of mine. I would highly recommend them to anyone else. They fabricate high quality steel buildings throughout the whole United States.

General Steel response

Hi Chadd, thank you for writing a thoughtful and detailed review. I really appreciate you pointing out how Josh helped you navigate your project from the exploratory phase through purchase. It's our goal to provide a solution no matter where you are in the process of building, I'm sure you will find working with Jonah and our fulfillment team equally valuable. Lastly, thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, that's the best compliment we receive.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I've had a great experience designing and ordering several steel buildings. Ryan ** has been extremely responsive to my requests, and makes this happen. It's been particularly nice to have the full-service package supporting us from end to end throughout this process.

General Steel response

Hi Josh, thank you for taking the time to share the positive experience you've had with our team. I appreciate you pointing out Ryan's hard work and dedication to your projects, he's a valuable member of our team. Thanks again, I hope we will get to work with you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I found these people online and sent them my building requirements. They returned with fair pricing in a timely manner. I did need wind loads for my local engineer but I'm still waiting that information. It would be helpful if they did this quicker.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Chase was excellent. He was great with follow up and follow thru. He worked with us through the entire permitting process and really was diligent in every aspect. He was working with a great team and very accommodating. I have bought buildings from them in the past and would like to build more.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We ordered a building from them, every time we asked questions we heard "we will get back to you in 5 minutes". We ended up calling numerous times before we got answers. We asked for the building to be engineered after paying more money. We got an email asking us to waive our right to look at the plans, we declined, we wanted to see the plans. We then got an email stating we had to pay another 13,000 dollars and the building was going to production. We still have not seen any engineered plans. We refused to pay more money, we were told the price was locked in when we signed the original agreement. But now we are told that due to the price of steel they were charging more. We asked for our money back at this point.

They called back to inform us they would only charge us half (5700.00) but we still wanted to get our money back. They would not give us anything in writing stating the building would not cost more. They called back a few hours later and informed us we would not get back any money. This building has not been fabricated just some plans that state not for building purposes. In my opinion, this company lies, does not return phone calls and now steals people's hard earned money.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Wanted to take a moment to thank the Building Services Group and specifically Bruce. I had a really great experience dealing with him on my purchase of my 30x40x12. He made the entire transaction really smooth and went out of his way to make sure I was happy about how things turned out. I think he and his group is an invaluable asset to the company and people like that stand out to customers. Thank you!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Zachary was a complete pleasure to work with. His knowledge of the product, professionalism, his patience with our endless amount of questions was phenomenal. We are incredibly thankful for all his help and would highly recommend others to work directly with him.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I chose General Steel for my project based on their reputation and competitive pricing. Ken ** has been my main contact at General Steel and my experience with him has been excellent. Ken has always been assiduous and responsive to the various aspects of developing my steel building order.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Over the last 5 years, I have purchased 4 buildings from General Steel for my RV storage facility. They included a 420' x 45' garage unit with 28 garages with electric garage doors, a 408' x 30' canopy unit, a 285' building with 13-15' x 45' plus 6-15' x 49' garages and a 290' x 40' canopy unit, the latter of which is just now being erected. In every case, General Steel has been competitive, easy to work with and timely with their plans and shipping schedules. I would readily recommend their operation as well as their products.

General Steel response

Hi Gerald, thank you for continuing to trust us with your projects, from one business owner to another, that means a lot. I'm sure your RV storage facility will be successful, we look forward to working with you again as you expand your operation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Jacob was extremely responsive to questions and very good with follow-up, as were all GS staff. I have to admit I was surprised by the aggressiveness of all GS personnel in following up with this deal to make sure we got everything done quickly, although I did not regard this aggressiveness as inappropriate. I would have appreciated some deeper discounts for a returning customer, as the building price was close to being undercut by the competition in Phoenix (Southwest Buildings). However, your referral for an affordable setup crew was the selling point. The crew obtained seems to know how to do this pretty well, and presented themselves for unloading very promptly and with the correct equipment. Thanks again for a good experience with GS buildings (they're putting up the building as we speak, so I'm assuming it won't fall over and prompt a less-than-happy review)!

General Steel response

Hi Thomas, thank you for sharing your experience with our staff. Oftentimes, it's our team that is the biggest difference between our company and other options. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Conor has gone above reg. customer service to help me with this project. To me it feels like he is invested in my project and determined to get me what I want. I know I am hard to work with (retired salesperson) but he takes it in stride and gets us back on project. I think that Conor ** is a great asset to your company and should be recognized as one. Everyone I have talked to from your company has been great to work with.

General Steel response

Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Conor as well as our other team members you have worked with. Conor is without a doubt a valuable member of our team as he represents the level of service every customer can expect from everyone here at General Steel. Please share pictures of your project with Conor and your Project Coordinator, we all love to see the results of our team's hard work and dedication.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

This will be the first metal building I have ever bought so my wife and I have a ton of questions on purchasing one. We have been shopping and looking for the best possible deal and also the strongest and most reliable buildings. We have 4 youngins and don’t won’t to settle for the what ifs but the I knows. We live in south Louisiana and have just experienced a cat 3 hurricane. I also work off shore and I don’t want to leave my family in a what if building.

Upon calling General Steel we spoke to Tobin ** and had a ton of questions for him and he answered every one with a great attitude. He also insured us that your buildings were rated for 160 mph wind load which gave me a piece of mind. I didn’t feel like we were getting played like before. Tobin did a good job by making us feel like we were making the right deal. He also welcomed us to the General Steel family. All the other companies we called were pretty much what if’s because they did not offer what General Steel offers - good attitude and a piece of mind. I will be recommending General Steel to others.

General Steel response

Charles, thank you for your positive feedback on your experience with Tobin and for sharing why you ultimately chose General Steel for your project. The reasons you outlined throughout your review are what truly sets our company apart from the alternatives. I'm certain you made the right decision for your family, our buildings do have a history of enduring hurricanes such as Katrina (174 mph wind) and Sandy (115 mph wind). We appreciate your business and any referrals you send our way.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My experience with the customer service was the best I have experienced! John was very helpful and if there was something that he could not help me with he forwarded me to the people who could. I will definitely recommend Gen. Steel to other farmers!

General Steel response

Chad, hearing that our service was the best you've experienced is encouraging for not only Jon but all of the members of our project support team. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction on every phone call and every building we deliver. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future customers.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I worked with Collin M, he was professional and very knowledgeable of the product and able to answer many (first time buyer questions) regarding these type of structures and able to give pros and cons of the competitors. Collin was not pushy when it come to the sale as other salesman and took the time to explain in detail and make changes in design as needed. I will be ordering my second building from him soon.

General Steel response

Patrick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Collin is a valued member of our team and is a great representation of the ethical sales training all members of our sales team receive. I'm sure you will find our Project Coordinators and fulfillment division equally professional. Thank you for choosing The General, we will look forward to working with you on your next project.

General Steel Company Information