4.9/5 (34 ratings)

About General Steel

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA. The company has become an industry leader and offers customer a highly experienced team. This team will provide solutions to guide you through a successful project.

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I saw an advertisement on TV for General Steel. As soon as I called the # I was treated with courtesy and respect. Everyone was prompt and helpful. I was not familiar with some of the structures etc. The sales representatives helped me along the way in drawing and creating the building to be constructed. I would use them in the future and recommend them to other clients.

General Steel response

Thank you for reaching out to us about your project, we understand how important this endeavor is to you. It's great to hear you've found our team to be so helpful, we'll continue to help you navigate this project. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

The sales rep. Answered all my questions right away and explained everything in detail. Laid all the cards out on the table, and got me a quote same day within 2 hours. Everyone else was almost a 2 day wait just for the quote. Their prices destroyed the competition while still have the knowledge and history to back their product up. I hands down will recommend this company to anyone and will be returning to them myself for our massive build project in 3 years.

General Steel response

Hi Shane, thank you for writing such a thoughtful review. It's great to hear we were able to get you a great price on your building in just a few hours, that is our goal with every customer. We appreciate you trusting us with your project, our team will continue to impress!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I will order from Gen Steel in the future. Great to work with, awesome people and fast. My salesman ( Brandon) was easy to work with. He understood what I was looking for, met the price point, design and was on time with each point of contact.

General Steel response

Hi Nicholas, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and your future endorsement is a great compliment.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Bought a building addition for a diesel shop. Called to get a quote and then the quote was the best so I bought from General Steel. Salesman referred me to the project manager which took it from there and discussed all aspects with me.

General Steel response

Hi Barry, thank you for choosing General Steel for your new shop and for taking the time to share your positive experience. It's great to hear you've enjoyed working with our team.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I was in the market for a 30'x50' steel building to use for RV and boat storage. I contacted several companies who were too busy to get back to me or were not helpful at all. Then I spoke with Josh ** at General Steel. Josh is a knowledgeable professional who answered all my questions and helped me get started with the purchase of the perfect building for my needs. I've had the pleasure of working with Steve ** and Ryan ** as well; all have been very responsive and helpful ushering me through the entire process. I highly recommend General Steel and their entire team to anyone looking for a steel building at a competitive price. Thank you.

General Steel response

Hi Joe, thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. I appreciate you highlighting Josh, Steve and Ryan's dedication to your project. I'm sure you will love your General Steel building.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Overall I am very happy with the experience. My salesman Alex was great. He answered all the questions I had and I ended up getting a good deal on the building. If you are looking for I metal building General Steel is a good place to start.

General Steel response

Hi Nick, thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It's great to hear Alex was able to get you a great deal on your building. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project, I'm sure you will continue to be impressed by the others we will assign to your project as it moves along. Thanks again!

Original review: March 11, 2022

My experience with working with sales rep Alex was very positive. He was very knowledgable about the product, options and features and was very helpful. Helped me get to a decision quickly. He produced a proposal quickly and made the process easy.

General Steel response

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Alex, he is a very valuable member of our team, your project is in great hands. We'd love to see photos of your aircraft hangar when it's completed, hangars are one of our most interesting building types.

Original review: March 3, 2022

So far it has been a great experience. They got right back to me. They were quick to consult the team and get back to us with changes. They have been very friendly and helpful. The price has been very competitive.

General Steel response

Hi Natalie, thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It's great to hear you've had such a great experience, we'll be sure to continue to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

We were super happy working with Gen Steel. Strongly recommend them. We got a dutch style Barn building 50x75 that will become our barndominium. They were very patient answering all of our questions. We'll plan to update our review after we work on next steps!

General Steel response

Hi Paola, thank you for your recommendation, a customer's endorsement is the highest compliment we can receive. I'm glad your experience has been overwhelmingly positive, we look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

My Dad and I ordered a 60' x 100' steel building, and it was a very smooth transaction. Jon ** is easy to work with and is able to understand your need and provide the correct steel for your building needs at a good price. Lauren from the accounting department was good to work with as well. I would recommend to anyone looking for a well structured building.

General Steel response

Hi Luke, thank you for sharing your experience with Jon and Lauren. I'm glad we were able to get you into your 60x100 at a good price and I appreciate your recommendation, it's the highest compliment we can receive. I'll be sure to pass your sentiment along to everyone working on your project, thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I called General steel to inquire about purchasing two 30x40' buildings...one for my barn and one for my house. Zach made sure he got me sale prices (which I was unaware of) and answered all of my questions. Even now that my project has moved on to a project coordinator Zach is still graciously answering my questions. Great experience.

General Steel response

Hi Debbie, thank you for taking the time to highlight Zach's attention to your project and his ongoing commitment to making sure it's successful. I appreciate you choosing General Steel and it's great to hear Zach was able to get you into your buildings for less than you were expecting. Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Tyler started our experience then once we received a call back from Lauren things really picked up. Our questions were answers and she was very willing to take our calls for any need. We are now working with the building coordinator to process our build. Thank you thus far.

General Steel response

Hey Dennis, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Tyler and Lauren, I'll be sure to pass your sentiment along to them. We appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Everyone has been so helpful in this process, from the Quoting to the Down payment. We looked over several Building Suppliers. We think General Steel will be the best for us. We're looking forward to a great Building and a great experience, Christina ** I appreciate your help too. Thank you. Fred

General Steel response

Hi Fred, it's great to hear you've found the guidance you've received from our team to be valuable. I'm sure your team will continue to show you that General Steel was the best choice for your project. Thanks for trusting us with your project and for taking the time to write a review.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Ben did a great job with our quote and helping with all the paperwork to get our building secured. He answered all the questions we had. Everything was done in a timely matter to help us to get our down payment put in for the building.

General Steel response

Hi Chad, thank you for your positive feedback regarding Ben's work on your project. He's a very experienced member of our team, your project is in great hands. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and we look forward to making sure it is successful!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

General Steel has always been fair and helpful with our new building needs. Any issues we have had were always addressed in a timely fashion. Jonah and Logan have been great to deal with. General Steel is always our first place to check for any new buildings we need.

General Steel response

Hi Jon, thank you for continuing to trust General Steel with your projects. Your repeat business is the highest compliment we can receive. I appreciate you highlighting Jonah and Logan's dedication to your projects, they are both very valuable members of our team, your projects are in very capable hands. Thanks again, we'll make sure your current project is a success and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Andy was helpful and very responsive with questions I had and getting everything ordered was very easy. I expect the rest of the transaction to be the same since everyone I have spoken to has been able to quickly answer any questions.

General Steel response

Hi Justin, thank you for trusting us with your project and for sharing your positive experience with Andy as well as others on our team. There's no doubt in my mind we will continue to exceed your expectations and ensure your project is successful.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Great company! I was able to get the building I wanted without having the normal problems. I was able to purchase all over the phone and through email. Andy worked with me trying to help make sure I had all my needs met with the purchase. Would go back and use again if the need were to arise. Thank you for all the help!

General Steel response

Hi Patrick, thank you for taking some time to share your positive feedback with us, I'll make sure Andy receives your message. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I have been very pleased working with everyone including Tyler **, Lauren ** and now Ryan **. Everyone has been very patient and understanding with our many changes. They have been nothing but professional. Tyler was very helpful in the beginning phase when we were not sure exactly what we were needing, and helped with the many questions we had.

General Steel response

Hi Barry, thank you for the positive feedback and for taking the time to mention Tyler, Lauren, and Ryan's hard work on your project. It's great to hear we were able to meet you where you were in the process of building and help you navigate your project. Thanks again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I’m purchasing a 50x100 building to have a living compartment as well as Warehouse and a commercial kitchen to have a home run business! Very courteous and knowledgeable staff! Great prices and service! Most important thing is that they are from Coloado and I’m sure they can support other states too! Great people to do business with! Thank you

General Steel response

Peter, thank you for taking some time to share your experience with our team. We appreciate the positive feedback and that you chose General Steel for your project. We look forward to making sure it's a success!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

We just completed the ordering of a 60' by 120' building for a workshop and storage. Chase ** walked us through the process with much patience and professionalism. The design changed a number of times, and he kept on top of all the changes and updated them promptly. We are now working with our project coordinator Ryan ** who called promptly to get the process moving.

General Steel response

Hi Steven, thank you for sharing your positive feedback and for mentioning Chase by name. Chase is a very valuable member of our team, I'm not surprised he took great care of you. I'm sure you will find Ryan equally dedicated. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project, thanks again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I recently purchased a building from General Steel. My salesman Ben helped guide me through this process. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. I spoke to several other manufacturers before deciding on General Steel. It was his service that was the primary deciding factor. I would recommend that anyone who is in the market for a steel building call him, and see why they clearly a better choice.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

It has been an privilege working with Bailey ** and Ronald ** with the Team at General Steel Corporation; they have guided me through the process of purchasing an 30’ (Width) by 80’ (Length) by 10’ (Height) Engineered Building. They were extremely friendly and responsive in pointing out several possible issues with my initial plans, and provide me the assistance I needed in recommending adjustments, which they assisted me in incorporating into my purchase. Once I complete this project I plan to come back to the General Steel Team for future projects that I am considering now, and I will recommend Bailey and Ronald by name to anyone who is looking for a similar building solution. I am greatly appreciative of their help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Just ordered building from General Steel, people are easy to work with, no high pressure sales like I got at a couple of other places, they answered all my questions. Several folks have followed up with me to make sure the order is right! It has been a pleasant experience thus far. Thanks.

General Steel response

Hi Billy, thank you for the detailed review. It's great to hear you found our team to be informative and willing to work at your pace. It's our goal to meet every customer where they are in the process of building and provide effective solutions and guidance. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project, we'll make sure your project is successful.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Great experience with Josh ** and Ronald **. Both answered all my questions the same day I reached out to them and helped with understand each step. They were both a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend General Steel for your metal building needs.

General Steel response

Hi Jessica, thank you for the recommendation, that's the greatest compliment we can ask for. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and especially for pointing out Josh and Ron's work on your project, our team is really what sets our company apart. We look forward to ensuring a successful project through the completion of construction.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My experience with General Steel was great. I worked with Collin and Lauren, they made the transaction work flawlessly. A very professional company with competitive pricing and great customer service. I was impressed with the quick responses and willingness to work with my needs to get the project underway.

General Steel response

Hi Joseph, thank you very much for choosing General Steel for your project. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and highlight Lauren and Collin's dedication to your project. Your comments reflect exactly what our team strives for in every project. Thanks again, we are looking forward to continuing to deliver an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have ordered from them before and am super happy with the warehouse I got in the past. With my new project, I reached out to get quotes on several different sized warehouses to see what would work best for me. Logan ** helped me throughout the process and was phenomenal! Logan was by far one of the best reps I have ever worked with on any project. We ended up settling on a 50' x 100' warehouse to the exact specs I needed. I would definitely recommend General Steel and working with Logan!!!!

General Steel response

Hey Ryan, thank you for taking some time to write a thoughtful review and especially for mentioning Logan's dedication to your project. We appreciate your recommendation and that you chose General Steel for your project.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Worked with Alex M. inquiring about steel building prices and features. He was very helpful, answering all of my questions. He even told me of a special offer where I could purchase a larger building for the same price as the smaller building for which I was inquiring. Of course, I went with the larger building. Also worked with Steve B. and Bill B., who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Will recommend General Steel to my friends.

General Steel response

Hi Anthony, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and for pointing out Steve, Bill, and Alex's hard work on your project. Behind every successful project is a dedicated team, from design through the completion of construction, your project is in great hands.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased a 80 ft x 20 ft storage unit with 20 units. General Steel salesperson and customer service were very helpful. They even spoke with my bank to help me finish my deal. Very professional and always answered any questions I had quickly.

General Steel response

Hi Aaron, thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It's great to hear the team assigned to your project went the extra mile, I'm sure your experience with other members of our team, from your Project Coordinator to procurement and delivery will be just as good. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I worked with Alex ** in sales. This guy is a super patient person! I called in and spoke with him for at-least 2 years before I decided to make a purchase. He always answered my questions and did his best to help as he could without me being an existing client. He even called the city planning and zoning for me to determine if I should move forward with a project. The city denied that particular project, but Alex still took my calls and worked with me after that. I was always very hesitant in moving forward, Alex at some point must have thought I wasn't serious...and still he continued to work with me patiently. I think I'm in good hands with Gen Steel!

General Steel response

Kevin, thank you for such a thoughtful review. I really appreciate you highlighting Alex and his dedication to your project. At General Steel, it's our goal to provide our customers with a solution no matter where they are in the process of building. It sounds like Alex met you where you were every step of the way and provided the guidance you needed at the time. Thanks for continuing to turn to us when you needed help navigating your project.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I worked with Logan ** to order a steel structure building and he was beyond professional & helpful. He always answered any of my questions in a timely manner. He explained things to me that I was confused on. All of the service I received with General Steel has been amazing!

General Steel response

Hi Brittany, thank you for taking the time to share your review and for highlighting Logan's hard work on your project. I'm sure you will find the rest of the team assigned to your project equally knowledgeable and easy to work with. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project.

General Steel Company Information