Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA.

General Steel has become the industry leader and most trusted pre-engineered buildings brand in the world by offering our customers the most experienced team in the industry and the highest quality buildings available. Our team will provide solutions that will guide you through a successful project beginning at inception through the completion of your construction project.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and our team will stop at nothing to make sure your project is a true success!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I looked at different companies to buy my building and got pretty much the same results. But when I called General Steel I realized that this company had experience and actually had a great product. From the salesman, Jon **, Lauren **, Sam ** and Bruce **, they all made such a smooth transaction. Everyone was very knowledgeable on each of their departments. When each piece arrived, they were well packed, undamaged and accounted for. When the building finally came together, I knew I had made the right decision on choosing this company. My building was beautiful and I know it will last a very long.

Get expert buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

When I started researching steel buildings for expanding my business, my experience was not a positive one until I spoke with Joanie at General Steel. Joanie was pleasant and helpful with all my questions and it quickly became clear she wasn't just trying to push a surplus building on me. I'm the kind of person who wants to understand all the details. She was patient and informative with all her answers. I could sense she was genuinely interested in my building needs and technical details. Through her professionalism and friendly attitude, I determined General Steel was the organization I wanted to work with. When I received the quote, I was very pleased to find it was also the best price. That, together with studying the structural details of General Steel buildings caused me to call the next day and order another building for a second location.

With the two orders in place, I was referred over to Sam, who is presently my project contact. I was very pleased to find Sam as professional and helpful as Joanie. Working with Sam is a pleasure. He has a very good knowledge of these buildings and is good at explaining things to the less experienced (Me). He is genuinely eager to help.

We are presently at the point where the buildings are being engineered and manufactured. I am dealing with permits and site preparations. It has been a stretching experience to say the least, since I have never taken on such an involved project as this before, but I am confident in the engineering, quality and support General Steel is noted for. To date, all of my experiences with them have been excellent, and I feel the quality of the company is reflected in the attitudes of the employees, which is second to none.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I bought a 30X50 steel building from General Steel this past spring. The initial planning stages were very helpful in deciding what I wanted in a building. Communication from the time I committed to purchase was great. Delivery on time. Any questions I had - and they were numerous - were answered promptly by the contact I had with the company. While I've never put up a building like this, the erection plans that accompanied the building were clear - even for an ol' cowboy like me. The building is a great addition to our operation.

Original review: June 19, 2019

After considering all our options, we (the White Plains Rural Cemetery) chose General Steel to provide the building we are trying to have built here on our grounds. Despite almost 5 years of legal battles, we have yet to be given the permit from the city to build. But, Bruce ** and his associates have been so patient sending us what they could in the way of plans, even though we haven’t even been able to follow through with the order — yet! They are always available and quick with responses to my questions. I couldn’t be happier with our choice, and now we are finally in the home stretch and looking forward to building before the end of the summer!

Original review: March 14, 2019

My experience with the General Steel Corporation was very positive. All the employees I dealt with helped me every step of the way. They explained the process and what to expect -- a 5 star group of employees and managers for sure! As for the product, I ordered a 24X30 steel garage kit with insulation kit and it was assembled by a construction company here in Tucson. Bottom line: The garage kit exceeded my expectations in both quality and in looks, it's solid, it looks sharp and is exactly what I needed and wanted!Thanks to all at General Steel Corporation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Customer service was top notch, prompt and courteous. Building was as promised and on time. Terrific follow up in design stage, correspondence were clear and the kit was complete. Thank you for your help with the project. I would recommend this company to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I am doing a first time mini storage building project. Joanie ** was my initial contact with General Steel. She was able to help me with every decision throughout the whole process. As we progressed from specifications and purchasing all the way through scheduling and delivery she kept things moving and was eager to help. I could not ask more from a salesperson! Great Job Joanie **!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

After much discussion with Bruce and his input we finally agreed on a 30’/48’. The building was delivered promptly some months ago. Due to our local county permit section we are still waiting for our permit. We hope to receive within next week. Upon completion I will send photos of the project along with classic cars inside.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

We worked with Sam and he was amazing. All top marks for Sam on every level! Not only was he very pleasant, he was also very professional. We enjoyed working with him and look forward to working with him again. Thanks for the great job.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Chase did everything he could to help me with the purchase of the building. Very professional and got back to me in a timely manner on any questions I had. He gave me prices on all the options available including doors, windows, insulation etc. Thanks Chase.

General Steel expert review by Joseph Truini

General Steel Buildings, based in Colorado, is widely regarded as a leader in the steel building industry. Operating for more than 20 years, General Steel has grown from a supply company to a full-service construction company.​

• Range of services: General Steel is a full-service company that helps clients plan and construct a steel building.

• Prominent clients: The company has proven its reputation by working with some outstanding clients, including the White House, NASA, Disney, GM and Boeing.

• Time in business: General Steel has been constructing steel buildings for two decades.

• Free quote: If clients have an idea for a steel building they'd like to buy or build, General Steel will give a free initial consultation and quote for the customers so they know how much a project will cost before they commit.

• Regular specials offered: General Steel Buildings offers rotating specials on buildings via its website, which means customers can find regular sales and value prices.

• Best for: Individual property owners, industrial businesses, farm owners, municipal facilities and storage facilities.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

General Steel Company Information