4.8/5 (208 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About General Steel

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA. The company has become an industry leader and offers customer a highly experienced team. This team will provide solutions to guide you through a successful project.

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

We worked with Tyler on a few different spec of a building. We was great to work with. No pressure and was very flexible and patient. We ended up purchasing a 30x90 Steel Building which will be transformed into a Non-Emergency Medical fleet building, complete with 3 automotive bays. We look forward to getting into the final details and delivery. Very pleased so far.

General Steel response

Hi Cheryl, thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate you highlighting Tyler's dedication to your project. Tyler has been with us for a long time and is very experienced, your project is in great hands. Thank you for choosing General Steel for your project and providing detail into the type of building you purchased, it's always interesting to learn how our customers will use their new space.

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have ordered from them before and am super happy with the warehouse I got in the past. With my new project, I reached out to get quotes on several different sized warehouses to see what would work best for me. Logan ** helped me throughout the process and was phenomenal! Logan was by far one of the best reps I have ever worked with on any project. We ended up settling on a 50' x 100' warehouse to the exact specs I needed. I would definitely recommend General Steel and working with Logan!!!!

General Steel response

Hey Ryan, thank you for taking some time to write a thoughtful review and especially for mentioning Logan's dedication to your project. We appreciate your recommendation and that you chose General Steel for your project.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Worked with Alex M. inquiring about steel building prices and features. He was very helpful, answering all of my questions. He even told me of a special offer where I could purchase a larger building for the same price as the smaller building for which I was inquiring. Of course, I went with the larger building. Also worked with Steve B. and Bill B., who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Will recommend General Steel to my friends.

General Steel response

Hi Anthony, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project and for pointing out Steve, Bill, and Alex's hard work on your project. Behind every successful project is a dedicated team, from design through the completion of construction, your project is in great hands.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I worked with Alex ** in sales. This guy is a super patient person! I called in and spoke with him for at-least 2 years before I decided to make a purchase. He always answered my questions and did his best to help as he could without me being an existing client. He even called the city planning and zoning for me to determine if I should move forward with a project. The city denied that particular project, but Alex still took my calls and worked with me after that. I was always very hesitant in moving forward, Alex at some point must have thought I wasn't serious...and still he continued to work with me patiently. I think I'm in good hands with Gen Steel!

General Steel response

Kevin, thank you for such a thoughtful review. I really appreciate you highlighting Alex and his dedication to your project. At General Steel, it's our goal to provide our customers with a solution no matter where they are in the process of building. It sounds like Alex met you where you were every step of the way and provided the guidance you needed at the time. Thanks for continuing to turn to us when you needed help navigating your project.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Over the last 5 years, I have purchased 4 buildings from General Steel for my RV storage facility. They included a 420' x 45' garage unit with 28 garages with electric garage doors, a 408' x 30' canopy unit, a 285' building with 13-15' x 45' plus 6-15' x 49' garages and a 290' x 40' canopy unit, the latter of which is just now being erected. In every case, General Steel has been competitive, easy to work with and timely with their plans and shipping schedules. I would readily recommend their operation as well as their products.

General Steel response

Hi Gerald, thank you for continuing to trust us with your projects, from one business owner to another, that means a lot. I'm sure your RV storage facility will be successful, we look forward to working with you again as you expand your operation.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

General Steel has always been fair and helpful with our new building needs. Any issues we have had were always addressed in a timely fashion. Jonah and Logan have been great to deal with. General Steel is always our first place to check for any new buildings we need.

General Steel response

Hi Jon, thank you for continuing to trust General Steel with your projects. Your repeat business is the highest compliment we can receive. I appreciate you highlighting Jonah and Logan's dedication to your projects, they are both very valuable members of our team, your projects are in very capable hands. Thanks again, we'll make sure your current project is a success and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Andy was helpful and very responsive with questions I had and getting everything ordered was very easy. I expect the rest of the transaction to be the same since everyone I have spoken to has been able to quickly answer any questions.

General Steel response

Hi Justin, thank you for trusting us with your project and for sharing your positive experience with Andy as well as others on our team. There's no doubt in my mind we will continue to exceed your expectations and ensure your project is successful.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Great company! I was able to get the building I wanted without having the normal problems. I was able to purchase all over the phone and through email. Andy worked with me trying to help make sure I had all my needs met with the purchase. Would go back and use again if the need were to arise. Thank you for all the help!

General Steel response

Hi Patrick, thank you for taking some time to share your positive feedback with us, I'll make sure Andy receives your message. I appreciate you choosing General Steel for your project.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I have been very pleased working with everyone including Tyler **, Lauren ** and now Ryan **. Everyone has been very patient and understanding with our many changes. They have been nothing but professional. Tyler was very helpful in the beginning phase when we were not sure exactly what we were needing, and helped with the many questions we had.

General Steel response

Hi Barry, thank you for the positive feedback and for taking the time to mention Tyler, Lauren, and Ryan's hard work on your project. It's great to hear we were able to meet you where you were in the process of building and help you navigate your project. Thanks again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I’m purchasing a 50x100 building to have a living compartment as well as Warehouse and a commercial kitchen to have a home run business! Very courteous and knowledgeable staff! Great prices and service! Most important thing is that they are from Coloado and I’m sure they can support other states too! Great people to do business with! Thank you

General Steel response

Peter, thank you for taking some time to share your experience with our team. We appreciate the positive feedback and that you chose General Steel for your project. We look forward to making sure it's a success!

General Steel author review by Joseph Truini

General Steel Buildings, based in Colorado, is widely regarded as a leader in the steel building industry. Operating for more than 20 years, General Steel has grown from a supply company to a full-service construction company.​

• Range of services: General Steel is a full-service company that helps clients plan and construct a steel building.

• Prominent clients: The company has proven its reputation by working with some outstanding clients, including the White House, NASA, Disney, GM and Boeing.

• Time in business: General Steel has been constructing steel buildings for two decades.

• Free quote: If clients have an idea for a steel building they'd like to buy or build, General Steel will give a free initial consultation and quote for the customers so they know how much a project will cost before they commit.

• Regular specials offered: General Steel Buildings offers rotating specials on buildings via its website, which means customers can find regular sales and value prices.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

General Steel Company Information