toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I built my house in 2003 I put in 400 amp service to the property knowing that "someday" I was going to have my dream shed. Thirteen years later I finally got the opportunity to build my shed. I could not be more pleased. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The building should outlive me. As with any large project, there were glitches along the way, but General Steel was very responsive to my issues/needs. My friends are very envious. Overall, I am very satisfied and happy with my decision to buy from General Steel.

Spoke with and ordered a shop building from Shawn ** at General Steel and I could not be happier with my experience so far. Shawn was very responsive and answered all of my questions and also provided great advice. If you're looking for a professional company and a great experience, go with General Steel.

Derek did an outstanding job at helping, answering questions, and guiding us through the process. He was enthusiastic about our building project and wanted to do whatever necessary to help. Derek was awesome, and it was a fabulous purchasing experience.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was really excited about getting my new building. Everything was going fine until shipping day. General Steel sends me the names and numbers and address of where to pick up the building and the pick up time. I arrange a driver through freight quotes to pick it up on the exact day and time window and transport it to Alaska Marine Lines in Seattle to be sent to Alaska. A simple task for both entities one would think. The driver who was on time with his 40 ft. flat in tow sat at the loading dock for hrs. I received a call from the trucking dispatch saying I was nearing detention due to the wait time, so I called the factory contact and he assured me it would be within the hr. For the love of god it's a 40 ft trailer not a cargo ship. You should be able to load three in an hr. So obviously not ready, as I was lead to believe.

The customer service lady tells me that they took extra care to make sure all the pieces were there because it was going so far and found they forgot a box of clips. OK I call ** on that. What about the guy down the road that orders a building. Does he get the hours of scrutiny while loading his stuff too. Anyway time goes into detention so I have to pay the driver an extra 175.00 for sitting around a freight yard while the factory boy try to put a package together. General Steel would not cover this obvious error on their part. The cost isn't going to make or break me, but like Christmas, it's the thought that counts. One of the reasons we like to live in Alaska is, we don't put up with ** service and when someone is at fault they cop to it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bruce has exhibited excellent customer service. I've had lots of questions about various parts of the project and he treated them all as important. Every response has been timely and well researched. This has really helped clarify some of the more difficult planning decisions I've needed to make.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had only great service from all the people at General Steel. Derrick, German, and Billy have all been great to work with. My requirements have been first priority in all cases. Great communication at every stage of the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched for a steel building on the internet and selected GSC. When the original sales rep returned my call but could not answer my questions, I was referred to Mr. Lee **. I sent him a list of questions which we covered individually. We had several person-to-person calls with question and answer periods. I was pleasantly surprised with his ability to answer all my questions without having to go look up the answers. He even offered me his personal phone number in case I had a question when the office was closed. This is great customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very informative, any questions that he did not have an answer for, he would find out and immediately get back to me with it. You do not know how many times I get the wrong information from a company because the reps decide to guess instead of working a little harder to get the right answer. Great Job!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It has been a pleasure to work with both Bob and Luke! They both have gone above and beyond in accommodating our building needs at Stadium Medical. I was very nervous and anxious to start this project due to my limited knowledge on building construction, however Luke and Bob have made all my anxiety go away with their knowledge and professionalism.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales team, and particularly Chris **, was extremely helpful, informative and professional. I never experienced the hard sell and was treated with the utmost respect. This was exactly the kind of experience I expect when dealing with such an important purchase. Thanks General Steel!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Brian was our sales consultant and he did an outstanding job. He was polite, informative, and took time to answer all my questions. I would definitely recommend General Steel to friends and colleagues. Thank you for great service. It is truly appreciated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ben was fantastic. After many delays on our part he was very patient with us. He even made himself available on a Sunday afternoon so he could be on a conference call with our building committee. A few days after the meeting one of the members stated that she felt very comfortable after speaking with Ben due to his vast knowledge and his ability to communicate with us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Shawn from sales has been great. During my initial contact I had a bad cold and lost my voice but he was very helpful and the garage project is moving ahead. The garage is 23x23 and he assured me that it could be customized to fit the existing pad. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Joanie and Luke have been great to work with. I feel like part of the family. Both have been very professional and made my experience with GS easy. Both Joanie and Luke are always willing to help and answer any questions I might have. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Still in the last stages of finalizing design - but the experience up to now has been great. Joe was very helpful in working with me on my initial sales order - and Ron as my project manager has been patient with me as I worked through some design changes I had made on door placement, windows, skylights etc. Overall I am very pleased to date with the response and follow-up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

General Steel was a pleasure to work with. They are always prompt, they always pick up the phone or email you right back. Any questions I had they had the answers. I'm super happy with the product and how easy it was to assemble. The staff was great and I couldn't be happier with my building.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I have been looking to build a steel building and looked at several companies. We were very happy with Brian! He gave us great info, provided all the necessary details and stayed in close contact throughout the sales process. He was a large part of why we decided to go with General Steel. We are looking forward to having our new shop!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After relying on a training barn about a 1 hr away it was clear our own would be better. After figuring out how & where put it we contacted General Steel and found it was within budget. We use the barn daily for dog training.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I built this shop myself no contractors (except the concrete). It wasn't as hard to put together as I had anticipated, instructions were fairly easy to follow. I only put the smallest amount of insulation they offered maybe should have went with more but even with the small amount even when it was zero outside it only got down to around 33 inside. It is easy to heat and I love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve always wanted a big shop to play in. Most men dream of a shop bigger than the house. My dream came true. I couldn’t be more happier choosing General Steel for my building. I get so many compliments on Facebook when I post pictures of my shop. I will always recommend General Steel for any building. Thanks again for making my dream come true.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Satisfied Customers. We purchased a 60'x42' steel building in 2016 for the purpose of a storage building and "man cave." We erected the building ourselves and were very appreciative of the straightforward instructions provided and the clear labeling of all materials. We do recommend this company and product to those who have asked about our project and admire the finished building. Thank you for your service and product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with the help, support, and information that was given me in allowing us the confidence that we needed to pursue our dream. We did not have any knowledge of what was needed or where to get help and Phillip lead us to the right people. My church is excited.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I requested information regarding steel frame shed kits from General Steel, Jon ** was excellent in providing me all of the information I wanted, as well as other options that fit my needs for a shed better than what I expected. Overall my experience was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Phillip ** was very professional. His professionalism and commitment to our needs made our decision very easy to make by choosing General Steel. He is a great assets to your company and I'm thankful he's working our project. Keep up the great work Phillip by making people's dreams come true. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This will be my first all steel building and I'm looking forward to getting it built and start using it. I had thought the price would be out of my budget but Denny showed me the true cost and what I would be getting for my money made the decision very easy to go with a General Steel building.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been leasing office space for my business for many years and decided relocate. I called General Steel and was put in contact with Phillip. He has been a tremendous help working with me on different sizes and designs. He carefully listened to what I was trying to achieve, we finally pinned down the size and pricing that was well within my budget, without using any high pressure sales tactics. Prior to signing a contract or sending any money, I went to the General Steel offices in Littleton CO and met with Phillip and the construction manager, they went over the terms of the contract and answered any questions I had. Even though we are in the beginning stages of this project, I am very pleased how things have been done; I would recommend Phillip to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are a General Contractor in Colorado and complete projects across the state. Whenever a steel building project come up for bid, we always call General Steel first, Chris ** has been great to work with. He is always prompt on returning calls and getting competitive pricing for us to be able to satisfy our clients' needs. This our fourth project with General Steel and they have all gone seamlessly. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you Chris.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a building to replace an auto repair facility that had just burned down and contacted General Steel. I was put in contact with Charlie **. He did a very good job. He was sure to include all of the accessory items I requested and answered all of my questions in a very timely manner. Charlie was also able to put us in contact with a contractor who is going to putting the building up. I am very pleased with the service Charlie has provided for my project and would recommend him to others.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2016

Management sprung into action, addressed and resolved. There is no such thing as an imperfect business operation as we all know. This issue won't discourage me from giving them my business. Especially after seeing multiple raving reviews about their products. I look forward to working with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I initially made contact with the company, and they had a rep call me. This rep then disappeared. I made contact again, and they assigned me a new rep. This rep said he would get back to me, and this one also disappeared. A quality assurance person sent me a survey which I filled out and also emailed her my issue of finding someone to help me. She never followed up. I've gone through three different people, and couldn't get any help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was planning a second garage for my property. While still comparing companies and quotes I stumbled upon General Steel and worked with Ryan. He was able to find a building that fit my needs and budget. And it was actually bigger than I was originally planning on. He worked with me, explain their buildings as well as warranties and put up with my schedule being hard to reach me. I will update this further, once my building is up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Fire Department needed a building to house its new Ladder Truck; after searching reviews on many companies online we contacted General Steel and two other companies. Not only was the General Steel quote competitive the reviews I read proved to be true, the Customer service was excellent. I ended up working with Rex and Steve **. They were both very detailed in explaining everything to me and if I posed a question they couldn’t answer, they responded quickly with the answer. Due to the weather here in Maine we requested the expedited delivery option. I am very pleased; the Customer service I received from the sales team was a deciding factor in choosing General Steel for this project.

General Steel Company Profile