4.7/5 (33 ratings)

About General Steel

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA. The company has become an industry leader and offers customer a highly experienced team. This team will provide solutions to guide you through a successful project.

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

We have existing 32'x32' containment area with concrete floor and 4ft concrete wall adjoin existing bldg. that we are trying to repurpose into maintenance shop. We tried few local contractors, but didn't get very far with it. I heard the General Steel on radio and decided to give them a call. Ben **, our project consultant, called back and asked few questions. After Ben reviewed the pictures I sent him, he was able to guide me thru the process and turn my idea into a real project with budgetary number including preliminary design and locating a contractor in my area to install the bldg.

Talking to Ben, I quickly realized that they have done many similar projects. They have the supporting teams and all the processes and workflows in place to guide me along the way, which makes me feel confident to take on the project. This is my first project and I feel like I am in a good hand. I will highly recommend Ben ** and his teams at General Steel if you have any building needs.

General Steel response

Hi Chao, we're so glad you called and have the opportunity to work with you on this project. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and mention Ben's dedication to your project.

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Heard the ad on Radio and called the number to check on year end sale numbers on a 20x 30 steel bldg. Talked to Justin ** and got the info I desired. He then looked up available units and found that He had a 20x32 but not the 20 x30. Made me a deal on it. I later found that our budget was below the cost quoted by about 1500.00 until after new year when new budget went into effect. He made it work and I am the owner of a new steel building within my budget. Good work and I look forward to doing business with General Steel in the Future. Will recommend to business associates.

General Steel response

Hi Danny, thank you for sharing your positive experience and for highlighting Justin's dedication to your project. It's great to hear we were able to get you into a new space within your budget. I'm sure the building will surpass your expectations and you will enjoy it for many years to come. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I own a small lawn care and handyman business and have been looking for a new shop. I was very please with general steel corp and the staff. They provided me with multiple options on my new shop and helped me stay within my budget. My order was delivered in a very timely manner and whenever I had a question or a concern it was very easy to contact Kasey **, Ryan **, and Alexander **. I would highly recommend General Steel Corporation to everyone, they are a awesome one stop shop.

General Steel response

Hi Samuel, thank you for the thoughtful review. It's an honor when a small business owner like yourself chooses us for their project. I appreciate you highlighting Kasey, Ryan, and Alex's dedication to the success of your project and it's great to hear you're happy with how everything turned out. Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I contacted General Steel regarding the need for a 1000 SF. building (20' X 50') due to the site topography and intended use. Alex contacted me after my initial inquiry for the client and we sorted out the details very accurately and quickly. The client was ready to move ASAP after delays on their end and let the professionals take over. Funding was in place and a standing contact was sorted out within a few days mainly waiting on other subcontractors. Alex was top notch as well as Steve who set up the contract. Once we provided the deposit, I was contacted by the project coordinator Ryan, and we are off to the races. I or the owner could not be more pleased with the process, promptness and professionalism. It was refreshing being a Civil/Structural Engineer myself and in this instance Construction Manager to have all of the right people doing what they need to be doing.

General Steel response

Hi Eric, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review describing your experience with Alex, Steve, and Ryan. It's great to hear you've found everyone assigned to your project to be competent and professional. I'm sure you will continue to be impressed by other members of our team as you move through procurement and delivery. I appreciate you trusting us with your project.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

We've had a great experience ordering our 2nd General Steel building, which is a replacement for our 30x60 storage building and work area, which was severely damaged in a wildfire. Brendan was great to work with through all of our indecision, which was about a year or so. The ordering process continued to go smoothly with Billy, who assisted us with all of the details right up to building production. Looking forward to getting our building in a couple of months.

General Steel response

Hi Adam, I'm sorry to hear you lost your building to a wildfire. Thank you for choosing General Steel again, that is the highest compliment we can receive. I appreciate you pointing out Brendan's dedication to your project, I'll be sure to share your feedback with Brendan and management. We'll look forward to getting you into your new building this Spring.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I had the experience of working with Josh and Ronald figuring out the building I needed. They both were very helpful and nice to work with. I recommend talking to them if there is any interest at all in purchasing a metal building, plus you get a quality structure from General Steel.

General Steel response

Hi Zack, thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your project. I appreciate your endorsement and you taking the time to write a review while mentioning Josh and Ron's dedication to your building.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

Talking with the representative Bill & Zac has been an amazing experience. Everyone has been very helpful. I feel comfortable if I need to contact them via phone or email. I look forward to working with them in the near future on my new building, I will highly recommend this company to all my friends.

General Steel response

Hi Tom, thank you for your endorsement and for sharing your positive experience. I appreciate you highlighting our team member's dedication to your project and the opportunity to work on this project with you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I worked with Chase to complete sale of 40X60 building. He was easy to work with. Lots of extras and options to consider, I need time to consider all options and he was patient and helped explain details. Overall a good experience with this purchase.

General Steel response

Hi Kevin, thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you on your project. I appreciate you mentioning Chase's dedication to your project, he's very experienced, your project is in great hands.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

John ** was great to deal with. I have bought two storage buildings through John in the last two years. He got what we needed done, when we needed it. Always returning calls, and emails very quickly. I would definitely work with General Steel again.

General Steel response

Tyler, thank you for continuing to trust us with your building needs. I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with our team. We look forward to continuing to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

From the start Tyler at General Steel was professional and worked with me on the pricing. It went real smooth and signed paperwork in less than 10 days. All question were answered with knowledge and professionalism. I highly recommend using General Steel for your next project.

General Steel response

Hi Michael, thank you for your endorsement and the opportunity to work with you on your project. I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience and mention Tyler's dedication to your project.

General Steel author review by Joseph Truini

General Steel Buildings, based in Colorado, is widely regarded as a leader in the steel building industry. Operating for more than 20 years, General Steel has grown from a supply company to a full-service construction company.​

• Range of services: General Steel is a full-service company that helps clients plan and construct a steel building.

• Prominent clients: The company has proven its reputation by working with some outstanding clients, including the White House, NASA, Disney, GM and Boeing.

• Time in business: General Steel has been constructing steel buildings for two decades.

• Free quote: If clients have an idea for a steel building they'd like to buy or build, General Steel will give a free initial consultation and quote for the customers so they know how much a project will cost before they commit.

• Regular specials offered: General Steel Buildings offers rotating specials on buildings via its website, which means customers can find regular sales and value prices.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

General Steel Company Information