2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5
Get a Quote

Established in 1995, General Steel has provided over 20,000 steel buildings including successful projects for The White House, Boeing, Disney, Dow Chemical, CAT, Walmart, General Motors, Newmont Mining, PG&E, British Petroleum and NASA.

General Steel has become the industry leader and most trusted pre-engineered buildings brand in the world by offering our customers the most experienced team in the industry and the highest quality buildings available. Our team will provide solutions that will guide you through a successful project beginning at inception through the completion of your construction project.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and our team will stop at nothing to make sure your project is a true success!

General Steel Call Now Toll Free (800) 745-2685 Learn More Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

General Steel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Steel?

Original review: May 27, 2020

Our questions were always answered in a timely manner by Megan **. She has done an awesome job keeping us informed on the progress of the building for us. Attached are a few of the pictures of the building. We would recommend this building to someone looking for one.

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I would like to compliment General Steel's customer service rep. Megan. Her assistance in helping me with my order has been a pleasurable experience. I look forward to working with her until the completion of my order. I hope that General Steel realizes what an asset to the company she is.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I am doing a first time mini storage building project. Joanie ** was my initial contact with General Steel. She was able to help me with every decision throughout the whole process. As we progressed from specifications and purchasing all the way through scheduling and delivery she kept things moving and was eager to help. I could not ask more from a salesperson! Great Job Joanie **!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

After much discussion with Bruce and his input we finally agreed on a 30’/48’. The building was delivered promptly some months ago. Due to our local county permit section we are still waiting for our permit. We hope to receive within next week. Upon completion I will send photos of the project along with classic cars inside.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Chase did everything he could to help me with the purchase of the building. Very professional and got back to me in a timely manner on any questions I had. He gave me prices on all the options available including doors, windows, insulation etc. Thanks Chase.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Megan was a pleasure to work with. We were able to coordinate a better time for my delivery. She made sure I was aware of the type of equipment I needed on delivery day and included a few pictures of what I would be dealing with.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Customer service was top notch, prompt and courteous. Building was as promised and on time. Terrific follow up in design stage, correspondence were clear and the kit was complete. Thank you for your help with the project. I would recommend this company to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

We worked with Sam and he was amazing. All top marks for Sam on every level! Not only was he very pleasant, he was also very professional. We enjoyed working with him and look forward to working with him again. Thanks for the great job.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I looked at different companies to buy my building and got pretty much the same results. But when I called General Steel I realized that this company had experience and actually had a great product. From the salesman, Jon **, Lauren **, Sam ** and Bruce **, they all made such a smooth transaction. Everyone was very knowledgeable on each of their departments. When each piece arrived, they were well packed, undamaged and accounted for. When the building finally came together, I knew I had made the right decision on choosing this company. My building was beautiful and I know it will last a very long.

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2019

In regard to my prior reviews about General Steel, General Steel has now worked everything out with me. General Steel has provided me with Engineer Stamped Letters dated 9/9/19 and 9/11/19 which now show that the General Steel building is engineered properly. The building provided to me by General Steel is structurally sound, as evidenced by the Engineer Stamped Letters that I was provided on 9/9/19 and 9/11/19. General Steel has worked with me and cooperated with me in its efforts to correct minor fabrication concerns with the steel building. The General Steel building that I purchased is now erected and complete. In my prior review, I was upset and did not mean to publish that General Steel had no idea what they are doing. The drawings provided by General Steel were adequate and I did not have grounds to have previously stated they were not adequate. My General Steel warranty is valid. I was upset in my prior postings and did not mean that General Steel has shoddy practices and horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I ordered an 18' x 22' prefab steel building from General Steel and hired a contractor to erect it. When the contractor started the work, they discovered design issues which required modifications to the building. The 1st modification included two steel plates to fill space (1") between two flanges that weren't spaced correctly. I questioned the modification as adding two steel plates could potentially compromise the integrity of the structure. I asked Dauphne to provide proof from Engineering that the modification was acceptable and did not compromise the structure, however she told me she was unable to forward the written authorization that was supposedly received from the engineers. It was a bit weird she could not share the approval she received from the Engineers.

After the addition of the two plates, the contractor discovered a second design flaw which required adding two steel channels because the overhead door did not have enough clearance to open. Since then, I have sought legal advice and have requested written detail of these modifications but have yet to receive them. The request, however, did prompt General Steel to add yet another channel because apparently their 1st modification wasn't strong enough. The building providing by General Steel is not structurally sound and doesn't match the plans I originally signed off on. They are not willing to provide proof that the modifications were in fact approved by the engineers, the same engineers that created a flawed design in the first place.

General Steel author review by Joseph Truini

General Steel Buildings, based in Colorado, is widely regarded as a leader in the steel building industry. Operating for more than 20 years, General Steel has grown from a supply company to a full-service construction company.​

• Range of services: General Steel is a full-service company that helps clients plan and construct a steel building.

• Prominent clients: The company has proven its reputation by working with some outstanding clients, including the White House, NASA, Disney, GM and Boeing.

• Time in business: General Steel has been constructing steel buildings for two decades.

• Free quote: If clients have an idea for a steel building they'd like to buy or build, General Steel will give a free initial consultation and quote for the customers so they know how much a project will cost before they commit.

• Regular specials offered: General Steel Buildings offers rotating specials on buildings via its website, which means customers can find regular sales and value prices.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

General Steel Company Information